Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How would Joan Crawford deal with this pandemic?

Would Christina and Christopher have to wear masks and gloves around the house?

Would Carol Ann have to stand six feet away from her, while receiving a verbal tongue lashing?

Would she freak out if Barbara tried to grab her arms, after slapping Christina in the face?

Would Miss Chadwick still be UNDER reacting?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 20, 2020 2:49 PM

def by mansplaining to everyone who would listen - cleanliness is godliness

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2020 4:32 PM

I like to imagine the latter-day Joan self-quarantining in her UES apartment at the Imperial House.

Ordering takeout delivery, but setting out her finest bone china and pretending it's lunch at the Brown Derby with Tyrone Power and Missy Stanwyck. Oh, the cheek of that waiter! After coffee, she'll read selections from scripts aloud for her adoring "fans" (her collection of creepy Keene paintings and the dog).

Then it's time to change wigs and evening outfits before drinking herself into a stupor in front of the TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2020 4:38 PM

Lol R2.

Nicely done!

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2020 4:39 PM

Trying to figure out how Pepsi can be marketed as a disinfectant.

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2020 4:47 PM

She would still make weekly trips to the supermarket for packs of Pepsi-Cola, Spanish sausage and spices for her paella. And she would bitch and moan that the only fresh fruit she could find was hideous rhubarb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2020 4:47 PM

She would pass the time in quarantine by making the children and housekeeper gather round for late night screenings of her favorite films (all starring Joan Crawford naturally ). Afterwards, everyone would be required to applaud and Joan would beam in pride. Except for the one time she had to slap the children for not clapping with sufficient enthusiasm.

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2020 4:54 PM

"No, dear. You stand 6 feet back from ME."

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2020 5:00 PM

Barrels of 100 proof vodka would be used to douse everything every hour, on the hour.

On Day 3 a stray cigarette or dinner table candle would ignite everything - -

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2020 5:03 PM

TINA!

Bring me the lysol....

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2020 5:07 PM

There would be a lot of this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2020 5:07 PM

Joan would have loved Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2020 5:08 PM

[quote] Ordering takeout delivery, but setting out her finest bone china and pretending it's lunch at the Brown Derby with Tyrone Power and Missy Stanwyck. Oh, the cheek of that waiter! After coffee, she'll read selections from scripts aloud for her adoring "fans" (her collection of creepy Keene paintings and the dog). Then it's time to change wigs and evening outfits before drinking herself into a stupor in front of the TV.

Brilliant! Though except for the script readings, it sounds like what most DL Eldergays have been doing all month.

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2020 5:11 PM

Totally, R11.

And Twitter, too!

"@realJoanCrawford Tear down that BITCH of a border wall, and put a window where it OUGHT to be! #IcanseeMexico"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2020 5:12 PM

I know a few things about quarantine, fellas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2020 5:13 PM

She would send out Mamacita to go looking for toilet paper and hand sanitizers.

by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2020 5:16 PM

Exactly as seen in R5, but wearing a mask edged in pearls.

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2020 5:25 PM

There had better not be ONE goddamn virus particle in this house!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2020 5:33 PM

Joan Crawford spent the last few years of her life in quarantine anyway.

She never left her apartment.

by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2020 5:36 PM

Tina!

Bring. Me. The. Mask.

by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2020 5:39 PM

DON'T FUCK WITH ME COVID-19! THIS AIN'T MY FIRST TIME AT THE QUARANTINE!

by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2020 5:42 PM

Carol Ann, I've ASKED you to contain the virus and for Christ's sake, get it OUT of the gardennn!

by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2020 5:44 PM

She’d get so thirsty she’ll go cruising for cock along the coast, picking up ripped truckers, but fuck them only after they take a nice, long disinfecting bath filled with her 100-proof vodka

by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2020 5:49 PM

R20 May I steal that for a Coronavirus Freakout thread installment title?

by Anonymousreply 23April 19, 2020 5:57 PM

HELGA!! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU THAT WHEN YOU'RE DISINFECTING, YOU HAVE TO DISINFECT THE DISINFECTANT FIRST?!! You have to stay on top of things EVERY MINUTE! Pour me another one, Carol Ann."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2020 6:23 PM

I'm Hollywood Royalty but DO NOT walk me to my car.

by Anonymousreply 25April 19, 2020 6:24 PM

"I don't give a shit WHO you are - 6 feet, bitch!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 19, 2020 6:31 PM

This thread was EVEN FUNNIER when we did it THREE WEEKS AGO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 19, 2020 6:33 PM

It's true, I tell you. Vodka kills Corona!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 19, 2020 6:46 PM

Why can't you give me the SIX FEET that I'm entitled to!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 19, 2020 10:49 PM

This is what she would be doing all day, while chugging glasses of vodka.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 19, 2020 11:52 PM

Entertaining at home means planning and preparation... and then the host can enjoy herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 19, 2020 11:53 PM

More importantly, how is Faye doing during the pandemic? I'm sure there are some servants or valets that have gotten yelled at and had things thrown at them.

by Anonymousreply 32April 20, 2020 2:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!