Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Coronavirus Freakout 30: There's A Kind of Hush

Just the two of us

And nobody else in sight

There's nobody else and I'm feelin good

Just holding you tight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601April 4, 2020 10:53 PM

Previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2020 6:42 PM

How come dey can cure diz shit real muthafuckin quick, but dey can’t fuck with no HIV or AIDES fo like fiddy yurs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2020 6:56 PM

I really thought for sure you were going with:

Meet Me In The Gap

or

Meet Me In The '90s

Both would be very appropriate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2020 7:54 PM

And that is why Sylvia starts the threads R3, so she alone can pick the title. She would probably have a meltdown if anyone started a thread.

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2020 7:58 PM

CNBC:

Worldwide coronavirus cases reach 1 million, doubling in a week as death toll tops 50,000

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2020 8:05 PM

That was a cover of an earlier Herman's Hermits hit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2020 8:05 PM

Today we surpassed the one million mark on reported cases of Covid19. Will we see 2 million before the end of the month? Anyone think 3 million?

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2020 8:16 PM

I sincerely hope this won't become a Mass Extinction Event. I had a nightmare last night that I'd rather blame on stress.

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2020 8:18 PM

R5 Thanks Obama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 2, 2020 8:22 PM

Edie Adams died.

by Anonymousreply 10April 2, 2020 8:25 PM

R10 Was she married to Ernie Kovacs?

by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2020 8:32 PM

R8, last night I dreamed of scoring toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2020 8:33 PM

⏳ CORONA TIME - APRIL 2 - 4:45 PM EST

🥟 NATIONAL BURRITO DAY

🌐 GLOBAL

CASES: 1,007,626

DEATHS: 52,607

CRITICAL: 37,712

🇺🇸 UNITED STATES

CASES: 240,344

DEATHS: 5,807

CRITICAL: 5,421

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2020 8:45 PM

Jessica Chastain is doing her part to help out New York City’s healthcare workers.

Page Six has learned that the Oscar-nominated actress, 43, donated snack boxes to emergency room and intensive care unit staff working with COVID-19 patients at Lenox Hill Hospital on the Upper East Side. The boxes, which were seen by Page Six, each came with a personal note from Chastain.

“Thank you for being the Superhero we need right now,” the notes read. “I hope this little nourishment will remind you that there are millions out there grateful for what you do. I know I am. With love, Jessica Chastain.”

Inside the boxes were cupcakes, cookies and caramel corn from Tenth and Pike Sweet Shop, as well as Kind bars and peanuts.

A rep for Chastain didn’t return Page Six’s request for comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2020 8:51 PM

😍 Herman's Hermits ............

I had a huge crush !

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2020 8:52 PM

[quote]Was she married to Ernie Kovacs?

Not for the past 60 years. (And she died in 2008 BTW.)

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2020 8:53 PM

PepsiCo @PepsiCo · 8h We’re committing $45M for humanitarian relief to help those affected by #COVID19 who need it most. We may be apart, but together we can make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2020 8:57 PM

NYC mayor recommends ---

cover mouth and nose in public to reduce risk of transmission.

does NOT replace social distancing. Continue to maintain 6 feet

use a scarf, bandana or piece of clothing.

preserve surgical and N95 masks for health care workers and first responders.

by Anonymousreply 18April 2, 2020 9:07 PM

[quote]The coronavirus is sweeping through the coastal city, amid reports of families forced to cohabit with bodies of their relatives for days. CCTV images show people abandoning corpses in the streets. Other images show coffins sitting on the floor waiting to be collected from outside of hospitals. One reportedly shows the body of woman in a wheelchair in the entrance to the emergency room of a local hospital. City officials have been forced to deny they are planning to dig a mass grave to cope with the dead; shipping containers have been brought in to temporarily house the corpses.

The urban poor died in their burrows, “and only the stench of their bodies informed neighbors of their death.”

Matteo Villani compared the plague to the Flood in ultimate purpose and believed he was recording “the extermination of mankind.”

“Father abandoned child, wife husband, one brother another,” he wrote, “for this plague seemed to strike through the breath and sight. And so they died. And no one could be found to bury the dead for money or friendship.… And I, Angolo di Tura, called the Fat, buried my five children with my own hands, and so did many others likewise.”

Tuchman, Barbara Wertheim . A Distant Mirror . Random House Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

[bold] We are entering the everyone for themselves part of the plagues. Some countries before others. [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2020 9:15 PM

Politico:

Trump set to urge Americans to wear face coverings when outside

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 2, 2020 9:20 PM

Sick sad world

by Anonymousreply 21April 2, 2020 9:23 PM

Russia flew supplies to America. I would watch everyone who steps outside of the plane carefully. Maybe one slips away, or gives a USB drive to someone already there. Etc.

by Anonymousreply 22April 2, 2020 9:25 PM

Nassau county map updated

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 3, 2020 12:11 AM

A million cases worldwide BUT those are only the ones they know about. Scary shit.

by Anonymousreply 24April 3, 2020 12:13 AM

There is hardly any testing here, which is Tramp's fault.

by Anonymousreply 25April 3, 2020 12:16 AM

I swear this virus has a sense of humor.

[quote]Netflix's Tiger King star Joe Exotic has contracted coronavirus in his Texas prison, days after his husband revealed he was self-isolating

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 3, 2020 12:25 AM

[quote]Trump set to urge Americans to wear face coverings when outside.

But, I thought it was a hoax.

One day it'll all disappear.

We have these tests, they're beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 27April 3, 2020 12:25 AM

Thank you for the new thread Sylvia. Love the title. I hope everyone is doing well enough, despite the utter hell we've watched, and still have yet to face.

I love all of you. Please, Stay safe and healthy.

by Anonymousreply 28April 3, 2020 12:32 AM

Hobby Lobby is reopening stores, claiming to function as an essential business. The reason, they say, is because they carry supplies to make your own face masks.

I call [italic] Shenanigans !

by Anonymousreply 29April 3, 2020 12:41 AM

Not good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 3, 2020 12:44 AM

Howard is actually pretty critical of Cheeto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 3, 2020 12:45 AM

90-year-old woman dies from Coronavirus after asking doctors to save ventilators for younger patients. "I had a good life, keep it for the younger ones."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 3, 2020 12:45 AM

R30 = concern troll

by Anonymousreply 33April 3, 2020 12:48 AM

R33, block me then. Please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 3, 2020 12:49 AM

⏳ CORONA TIME - APRIL 2 - 9:50 PM EST

🥟 NATIONAL BURRITO DAY

🌐 GLOBAL

CASES: 1,014,747

DEATHS: 52,166

CRITICAL: 37,698

🇺🇸 UNITED STATES

CASES: 244,681

DEATHS: 6,070

by Anonymousreply 35April 3, 2020 12:50 AM

They just had a question on the CNN Coronavirus Town Hall about whether doctors are getting so many cases of Coronavirus due to “viral load,” as a previous poster here asked. It turns out, yes, it seems that people that are exposed to a large quantity of the virus, like doctors, tend to get more serious cases and are more likely to die.

by Anonymousreply 36April 3, 2020 12:51 AM

Wait, did we get a 1000 deaths today?

by Anonymousreply 37April 3, 2020 12:51 AM

I have no doubt that the knuckle-draggers will come out in droves to vote for Dump. But the other side is just as enthusiastic, and there are more of us. People forget about 2018, and if you thing people were pissed then, you haven’t seen pissed.

by Anonymousreply 38April 3, 2020 12:52 AM

I used to be fan of Sylvia’s and thought it was annoying how people suggested titles. Turns out she is not so witty when it comes to her and other ‘posters’. In name calling. I don’t like myself and others called a cunt just for giving an opinion. The thread title didn’t pan out.

If we had a poll that others wanted I would rate her new title a six. I was going to suggest something bad like. Coronavirus Freakout 30: I’m just wild about Tony or What’s it all about, Tony?

by Anonymousreply 39April 3, 2020 12:56 AM

CORRECTION: OOPS!

⏳ GLOBAL DEATHS: 53,166

by Anonymousreply 40April 3, 2020 12:58 AM

Damn, Primetime almost the whole afternoon and evening today and hardly any posts all day. Is Muriel trying to kill DL. Also, seems like only 5 people have a membership and can post.

by Anonymousreply 41April 3, 2020 1:00 AM

These numbers are starting to go up much faster now.

by Anonymousreply 42April 3, 2020 1:00 AM

we're definitely hitting 10,000 deaths by end of Saturday

by Anonymousreply 43April 3, 2020 1:01 AM

Community transmission comes to The Villages.

[quote]University of Florida health experts say they see “initial” community spread of the novel coronavirus in The Villages.

[quote]The findings are predicated on the results of 2,280 people who were tested last week by UF Health Medical professionals at a testing site at the sprawling retirement community in Central Florida.

[quote]In all, 25 people tested positive, including two who were asymptomatic.

[quote]“These results show evidence of initial community spread; however, it does not appear to be widespread, at least so far. We are continuing to closely monitor the situation,” Michael Lauzardo, a doctor and deputy director of the UF Emerging Pathogens Institute, said in a prepared statement.

[quote]About 900 asymptomatic people were tested over the five days, with two positive results.

[quote]Another 1,400 people who met the CDC testing guidelines were tested, yielding 23 positive results. While not large in number, 65 percent of the positive results came from people who were tested later in the week.

[quote]“While a week is a short period of time, the fact that we saw increases in the number of positive tests as the week progressed raises concerns that the infection is just beginning to take hold in the community,” Lauzardo said in the statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 3, 2020 1:01 AM

...and the party goes on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 3, 2020 1:02 AM

R45 where in Florida?

by Anonymousreply 46April 3, 2020 1:04 AM

I have a friend who says Italy is doing a better job than us.

Did Rump really say bandanna masks were better than the real ones?

by Anonymousreply 47April 3, 2020 1:06 AM

Wisconsin is still having its primaries this Tuesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 3, 2020 1:07 AM

Yes. Apparently they're thicker.

He might as well start recommending Klan hoods.

by Anonymousreply 49April 3, 2020 1:07 AM

Just south of Ocala in central FL, R46. It takes up most of Sumter County with smaller areas reaching into Lake and Marion counties.

Sumter County has the third highest rate of infection in the state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 3, 2020 1:11 AM

Agreed, prime time is a bitch.

The bigger bitch is having to share a tablet with a bunch of orphans who live to play Angry Birds 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 51April 3, 2020 1:13 AM

Sure Darfur Orphan....tablet.....you sure that’s not a rhino turd?

by Anonymousreply 52April 3, 2020 1:16 AM

Could Jared Kushner be a bigger idiot? Why the fuck is he still there? Why does he think he knows shit just because he reads a few books? He isn't a genius, he hasn't accomplished anything that was assigned to him, all he seems to be doing is causing problems throughout the Federal Government. When Trump is out of office I sincerely hope this fool is arrested and locked up for all the damage he's caused.

Aaron Rupar @atrupar

JARED KUSHNER: "The notion of the federal stockpile was it's supposed to be our stockpile. It's not supposed to be states stockpiles that they then use."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 3, 2020 1:16 AM

The 1,000-Bed Comfort Was Supposed to Aid New York. It Has 3 Patients.

“It’s a joke,” said a top hospital executive, whose facilities are packed with coronavirus patients.

On top of its strict rules preventing people infected with the virus from coming on board, the Navy is also refusing to treat a host of other conditions. Guidelines disseminated to hospitals included a list of 49 medical conditions that would exclude a patient from admittance to the ship.

Ambulances cannot take patients directly to the Comfort; they must first deliver patients to a city hospital for a lengthy evaluation — including a test for the virus — and then pick them up again for transport to the ship.

Hospital leaders said they were exasperated by the delays.

Mr. Dowling said he has had to tear his hospitals apart, retrofitting any unused space, including lobbies and conference rooms, into hospital wards. His facilities now house 2,800 so-called Covid patients, up from 100 on March 20, he said. About 25 percent of those are in serious conditions in intensive care units.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 3, 2020 1:27 AM

That Navy captain who was concerned for his ship? Relieved of duty:

(from Bill Kristol, who is still a cunt): So the Comfort, sent with such hoopla to NYC a few days ago, is taking care of all of three patients. But not to worry! Navy brass is on the job! They've relieved the captain who told the truth about COVID-19 aboard the Theodore Roosevelt of command.

by Anonymousreply 55April 3, 2020 1:30 AM

[quote]Could Jared Kushner be a bigger idiot? Why the fuck is he still there?

He’s hardly an idiot. He was instrumental in Trump winning the 2016 election. Data mining, micro targeting Facebook ads, etc. He’s good at analyzing data which is what he was talking about today. There have been articles talking about Jared’s marketing skills.

[quote]”Jared Kushner is the biggest surprise of the 2016 election," adds Eric Schmidt, the former CEO of Google, who helped design the Clinton campaign's technology system. "Best I can tell, he actually ran the campaign and did it with essentially no resources."

[quote]By running the Trump campaign--notably, its secret data operation--like a Silicon Valley startup, Kushner eventually tipped the states that swung the election. And he did so in manner that will change the way future elections will be won and lost.

[quote]”I called some of my friends from Silicon Valley, some of the best digital marketers in the world, and asked how you scale this stuff," Kushner says. "They gave me their subcontractors. I called somebody who works for one of the technology companies that I work with, and I had them give me a tutorial on how to use Facebook micro-targeting.”

[quote]Kushner's crew was able to tap into the Republican National Committee's data machine, and it hired targeting partners like Cambridge Analytica to map voter universes and identify which parts of the Trump platform mattered most: trade, immigration or change. Tools like Deep Root drove the scaled-back TV ad spending by identifying shows popular with specific voter blocks in specific regions--say, NCIS for anti-ObamaCare voters or The Walking Dead for people worried about immigration. Kushner built a custom geo-location tool that plotted the location density of about 20 voter types over a live Google Maps interface.

^^That’s how they eked out wins in MI, WI, PA and OH. Kushner is no idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 3, 2020 1:34 AM

Fucking fat orange mango fuck used it as a press opportunity to 'see the ship off' probably with full knowledge that it had no intention of treating patients who are most in need.

It was a fucking propoganda press op.

by Anonymousreply 57April 3, 2020 1:36 AM

R7 It will be 2 million cases by next week.

by Anonymousreply 58April 3, 2020 1:38 AM

R56 = Jared Kushner. Yep, he's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 59April 3, 2020 1:38 AM

r56, or should I say Kushner's publicist - it wasn't Jared's genius that won Trump that election. Any idiot knows to hire people smarter than him. Kushner is not only an idiot, he's a dangerous idiot who doesn't know he's an idiot. He was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple, as the saying goes. Just like Trump. That's probably why they get along so well.

You've got to be kidding me with that puff piece from the Billionaire Wanker at Forbes, which isn't even a real magazine any longer.

by Anonymousreply 60April 3, 2020 1:38 AM

omg Robert Kraft is on CNN talking about the good deeds he’s doing to help out in the pandemic, lol. Good of him to take time out from getting blow jobs in cheap strip mall massage parlors.

by Anonymousreply 61April 3, 2020 1:40 AM

Cuomo on CNN right now: “Robert Kraft is a good man and it was a beautiful gesture.” (He got a bunch of face masks from China.) Gupta sucking up to the old perv too.

by Anonymousreply 62April 3, 2020 1:43 AM

Kushner doing a show and tell of the meaning of deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 63April 3, 2020 1:46 AM

^Suddenly getting millions of masks from China probably means they were taking them from someone else. France complained that the US bought masks that they had ordered and were supposed to go to France on the airfield. Capitalism at its best and also evil.

by Anonymousreply 64April 3, 2020 1:48 AM

Google ‘Jared Kushner 2016 election,’ R60. There are similar articles about him in the NYT, CNN, Business Insider, W Magazine etc. I’m not a fan but to dismiss him as an “idiot” is misguided.

by Anonymousreply 65April 3, 2020 1:48 AM

R56 is Ivanka Trump.

by Anonymousreply 66April 3, 2020 1:49 AM

I don’t doubt that marketeers (maybe Jared) thoroughly researched the hot button issues that would stir up the deplorables. They then targeted the right areas to “sell” Dump. But that doesn’t make them smart enough to govern. In other words, the marketeers sold us (not me I voted for Hillary) a bill of goods about a product that was dead on arrival.

by Anonymousreply 67April 3, 2020 1:52 AM

R65 is an idiot and so is Jared.

by Anonymousreply 68April 3, 2020 1:54 AM

If I cover my face with a blue bandanna does it mean I am a top or a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 69April 3, 2020 1:55 AM

The Villages have over 50,000 units. No one allowed to stay overnight if they are under 55 years old, I think. It's really something to behold. One of my sisters lives there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 3, 2020 1:56 AM

If you wear a red bandana over your face, it means that you like to get fisted.

by Anonymousreply 71April 3, 2020 1:59 AM

[quote]If you wear a red bandana over your face, it means that you like to get fisted.

Scarf Lady better watch the signals she's sending or someone's gonna piss in her eye or shove a dildo in her nostril.

by Anonymousreply 72April 3, 2020 2:02 AM

That’s a big swab!

by Anonymousreply 73April 3, 2020 2:04 AM

Kushner took the playbook from Obama. Obama's team was fantastic. While Hillary had her eye on one ball, Obama had his eye on 10 balls and out maneuvered her.

by Anonymousreply 74April 3, 2020 2:04 AM

Ugh - as if people care that Jessica Chastain gave them her food. If she was selfless it would have been anonymous. I have always hated her.

What masks are people supposed to wear? Do we also have to wear gloves? Where is the specific guidance?

by Anonymousreply 75April 3, 2020 2:06 AM

[quote]The Villages have over 50,000 units. No one allowed to stay overnight if they are under 55 years old, I think. It's really something to behold. One of my sisters lives there.

Really? Nearly every senior community I'm familiar with allows residents under 55 if they're married to someone over 55. Are you referring to non-resident visitors?

by Anonymousreply 76April 3, 2020 2:07 AM

Towards the end of the previous thread, someone mentioned that Trump was in danger of defaulting on his loans to Deutsche Bank, although noting that the source for this was The Palmer Report. There may be substance to this rumor; I've read elsewhere that Trump is, in fact, attempting to delay or re-negotiate his loan payments to Deutsche Bank.

by Anonymousreply 77April 3, 2020 2:07 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 3, 2020 2:08 AM

[quote]R580 /previous thread: Coyotes are roaming the streets of San Francisco because the streets are empty.

I live in a seaside town with woods, and there’s more deer in the streets now because there’s less cars to scare them away.

Someone hit a raccoon at 9:00 a.m. the other day[bold] : (

by Anonymousreply 79April 3, 2020 2:13 AM

[quote]R39 I would rate her new title a six. I was going to suggest something bad like Coronavirus Freakout 30: I’m just wild about Tony, or What’s it all about, Tony?

And yet, we all survived to live another thread.

We must rise above these petty squabbles.

by Anonymousreply 80April 3, 2020 2:19 AM

[quote]Ugh - as if people care that Jessica Chastain gave them her food.

But it's cupcakes, cookies, and caramel corn!

Also, does anyone know if the vaccine patch with sugar needles can be applied to the tongue? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 81April 3, 2020 2:21 AM

Gifts from Jessica Chastain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 3, 2020 2:29 AM

Jared's main task has never varied. His main task is to find opportunities to monetize every single situation. That is his task, and he has been very successful. He is a sneaky little pimp and I hope he goes to prison, because he will definitely be someone's bitch.

by Anonymousreply 83April 3, 2020 2:31 AM

I'll certainly be checking my my bank account next Thursday, April 9, when the IRS starts releasing the $1200 stimulus checks.

by Anonymousreply 84April 3, 2020 2:32 AM

If Jared is so smart why is he working for Rump?

by Anonymousreply 85April 3, 2020 2:43 AM

United States of Shitshow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 3, 2020 2:45 AM

I’m planning on getting the antibody test. They will be available in my area next week. I’ll have to make an appointment and hopefully there won’t be a mad rush and I’ll be able to get one.

by Anonymousreply 87April 3, 2020 2:45 AM

ElderLez needs a bubble, like Travolta.

Thank you for your posts. You’ve helped many people navigate some of this bullshit.

I’m sorry you were correct in your predictions.

by Anonymousreply 88April 3, 2020 2:49 AM

The founders of Michael Kors, Versace and Jimmy Choo — along with their parent company, luxury group Capri Holdings Limited — announced this week they will donate $3 million toward COVID-19 relief efforts around the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 3, 2020 2:53 AM

👺 Where else could Jared get a job screwing America, get away with it so easily, and get paid outrageously in the process ?

by Anonymousreply 90April 3, 2020 2:53 AM

For everyone who keeps saying that you're more likely to die of COVID-19 if you're obese - they haven't determined if it's the obesity or the related health issues that can accompany it. Diabetes is thought to be a culprit. Not every obese person is also a diabetic, and vice versa, so don't over simplify it too much.

by Anonymousreply 91April 3, 2020 2:53 AM

Here's a brief video made by NHK to show how wearing mask can help in reducing spreading your own germs but not with inhaling other people's germs IF they're not also wearing masks. This goes for all droplet pathogens not just for this particular virus. Again the main point is risk reduction not prevention. Ideal situation is that those who are sick are the ones wearing masks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 3, 2020 2:53 AM

R80, you convinced me. I’ll grin and bare it til the bitter end.

by Anonymousreply 93April 3, 2020 2:54 AM

Are Sylvia and Della sisters?

by Anonymousreply 94April 3, 2020 2:55 AM

FUCK JEFF BEOZOS!!!

‘He’s not smart’: Leaked memo reveals Amazon’s plans to smear fired warehouse worker

Amazon bigs discussed plans to smear the Staten Island warehouse worker they canned after he organized a protest of the company’s coronavirus response, according to a report on Thursday.

Company executives explored a PR strategy for dealing with public backlash following the firing of Chris Smalls, who had led a walkout at the Bloomfield facility this week to demand greater protection amid the coronavirus outbreak, Vice News reported.

“He’s not smart, or articulate,” Amazon general counsel David Zapolsky said in notes from an internal meeting of Amazon leadership obtained by the outlet.

To the extent the press wants to focus on us versus him, we will be in a much stronger PR position than simply explaining for the umpteenth time how we’re trying to protect workers,” Zapolsky wrote.

Smalls, 31, told The Post he believes the company tried to silence him after he and other employees on Monday walked off the job to demand that their warehouse be cleaned and sanitized after a staffer there tested positive for COVID-19.

They also urged Amazon to be more transparent about how many staffers at the facility had been infected and asked for paid time off for folks who feel sick or need to self-quarantine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 3, 2020 2:55 AM

r89 $1 million to a billionaire like Kors and the other, is nothing. I don't know why celebrities - who are a direct result of capitalism - are lauded as heroes when they deign to return a tiny portion of their vast wealth to assist with something the government should be doing in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 96April 3, 2020 2:55 AM

How fucking hard it is to make masks?

Get the plans for the machines and get the army on the fucking assembly line.

Why are grandmas on sewing machines responsible for this in this fucking mess?

by Anonymousreply 97April 3, 2020 2:56 AM

r95 I seriously doubt Bezos was involved in that. Amazon is an enormous company and Bezos is busy sunbathing lately with his withered helicopter pilot girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 98April 3, 2020 2:56 AM

r97 masks aren't a big deal, it's the n95 masks that require special equipment to make, and those are the ones that healthcare workers need.

The reason there's no protective gear is because of the mess Trump and his janky administration are making of this - no Federal coordination at all.

by Anonymousreply 99April 3, 2020 2:57 AM

Coronavirus in NYC: More than 10K hospitalized and over 1,500 dead

New York City’s coronavirus death toll topped 1,500 on Thursday, with more than 10,000 people now hospitalized with the illness, city data shows.

Over 24 hours, 188 deaths from COVID-19 were recorded in the Big Apple, bringing the total to 1,562 as of 5 p.m. on Thursday.

The number of people infected inched toward 50,000, as 4,000 more cases were tallied. About 21 percent of the cases, or 10,590 patients, required hospitalization.

Of the 49,707 diagnosed with the virus in the city, 16,819 were in Queens, the hardest-hit borough.

Brooklyn had 13,290 cases, followed by The Bronx with 9,343, Manhattan with 7,398 and Staten Island with 2,822.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 3, 2020 2:58 AM

You're more likely to die from Covid19 if they can't find any available respirators.

by Anonymousreply 101April 3, 2020 2:58 AM

R77

Everyone is attempting to renegotiate loans, especially with Deutschebank.

DeutscheBank won’t survive this without a massive bailout by the German government.

Have you ever heard of the Spanish Inquisition?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 3, 2020 3:00 AM

Thank you r91 everytime someone says the coronavirus monster is coming after obese people it scares. Me. I’m not diabetic ( bad blood pressure though)but I’m practically a shutin except for my job which I haven’t been for 2 nd week. 1 more week and after that who knows?

by Anonymousreply 103April 3, 2020 3:02 AM

R97

The FDA regulations for masks are 487 pages long.

by Anonymousreply 104April 3, 2020 3:03 AM

People working to keep grocery stores and delivery going absolutely deserve hazard pay right now.

r99, my question stands, the US is the most powerful country in the world. Why can't we get the masks out? Use the military to manufacture and distribute.

My Nextdoor app is flooded with requests from nurses begging for masks, just the cotton hand-sewn ones. Multiple women in my neighborhood are now stitching them together as fast as they can, one at a time.

The failure of this government is so catastrophic it blows the mind, but based on everything since 2016, it doesn't really surprise.

I wish Trump would be moved out of the picture. I don't care how.

We need a pro-science, pro-people president.

by Anonymousreply 105April 3, 2020 3:04 AM

FDA forms for masks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 3, 2020 3:05 AM

Don't go to Trader's Joe. I heard many of their employees tested positive in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 107April 3, 2020 3:06 AM

R105, use military? You must be a troll.

by Anonymousreply 108April 3, 2020 3:06 AM

R105

Government has no incentive to protect us.

They take our tax money and blow it like a junkie on a binge blowing up brown people, and you have the nerve to complain.

Republicans are just sleazy Democrats. Democrats are just more honest about their desire to rule us.

by Anonymousreply 109April 3, 2020 3:07 AM

Yes someone said bring back the smart elites The delorables would never go for it.

by Anonymousreply 110April 3, 2020 3:08 AM

R91 = The Ghost of Gayle Grinds, in full ‘obesity positivity’ denial while staring down death

by Anonymousreply 111April 3, 2020 3:09 AM

I thought I dreamed it. There is a ship filled with Navy suffering the same fate as the doomed cruise ships? That should but probably won’t make everyone very angry.

by Anonymousreply 112April 3, 2020 3:11 AM

It is almost impossible to get face masks in my city or shop them online. A woman in my neighborhood is offering handmade masks for free. If you reuse your mask every day, is there a way to sterilize those handmade masks? Does washing it on high temperature work? Or can you put them in the microwave for 30 sec like people do with sponges to kill bacteria?

by Anonymousreply 113April 3, 2020 3:15 AM

R105 I'm an Amazon Prime shopper at Whole Foods, and I haven't applied for a shift in some time, because I don't think the work environment is safe at all, plus I'm in a very high-risk category. I desperately need the money, but I'm valuing my life over my job right now.

by Anonymousreply 114April 3, 2020 3:16 AM

Julie Bennett, ‘The Yogi Bear Show’ voice actress, dead from coronavirus complications

Coronavirus has taken another Hollywood star.

Julie Bennett, known as the voice of Cindy Bear in “The Yogi Bear Show,” has died at the age of 88 from coronavirus complications, her talent agent Mark Scroggs confirmed to Fox News.

Bennett passed away on Tuesday, March 31, at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, having received her coronavirus diagnosis last week, according to Scroggs.

A Los Angeles resident, Bennett was largely known for her voice work. She reprised her role as Cindy Bear for several subsequent television shows based on Yogi Bear, including the 1988 TV movie “Yogi & the Invasion of the Space Bears,” according to IMDb.

Most recently, Bennett lent her voice to “Garfield and Friends,” “Spider-Man: The Animated Series,” as well as a Spider-Man-themed video game released in 2000.

Her live-action roles include appearances in the television programs “Mathnet,” “Moonlighting” and “Crossings.”

Bennett was born in Manhattan before her family relocated to Los Angeles when she was young. After college, she returned to New York to appear in radio soap operas and TV dramas.

In the 1990s, Bennett became a talent agent, representing clients under the pseudonym Marianne Daniels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 3, 2020 3:18 AM

R113, you can wash them (the homemade ones) like your normal clothes.

by Anonymousreply 116April 3, 2020 3:21 AM

In NYC, I have seen them being sold on the streets, 1 dollar per surgical mask.

I have also seen them being sold at korean delis, 2 dollars per surgical mask. they have the kv95 ones as well (more expensive but I didn't ask how much)

by Anonymousreply 117April 3, 2020 3:22 AM

I ordered bandanas from Amazon, it's better than nothing.

by Anonymousreply 118April 3, 2020 3:31 AM

The Villages is up to 45 cases tonight. I wonder if anyone is starting to have second thoughts about martyring themselves for the economy now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 3, 2020 3:36 AM

Jessica Chastain Gifts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 3, 2020 3:40 AM

Bloomberg News reports that the US intelligence community has concluded that China is “intentionally” hiding the true numbers of its coronavirus cases and fatalities — a fact that should surprise no one, and is yet another way Beijing has made the pandemic a bigger problem for the rest of the world.

Deborah Birx, the doctor-diplomat who’s leading the White House response to COVID-19, made it clear at a briefing this week: “When you looked at the China data originally,” she said, “you start thinking of this more like SARS than you do a global pandemic.” It wasn’t until data started coming out of Italy and Spain that public-health officials realized the problem would be far bigger “than anyone expected.”

In other words, if Beijing had reported the true size of the outbreak there, public-health experts would’ve been sounding much louder alarms at the start — and the rest of the world would have begun making much greater preparations, sooner.

Plenty of evidence suggests the US intel report is right. A Radio Free Asia analysis, for example, found Wuhan’s official death toll of 2,535 may be understated by a factor of 20. It reported seven mortuaries were handing families 500 funeral urns a day for well over a week. One took shipment of 5,000 urns in just two days.

This, while China claimed it had no new cases to report — and embarked on a propaganda campaign suggesting the West is simply less-suited than Beijing’s dictatorship to fighting the bug. (Sadly, the Trump-hating media have eaten up that line.)

Also telling was how China refused to let a full World Health Organization team — or any experts from the US Centers for Disease Control — inspect the situation on the ground in the epidemic’s early days.

It’s established fact that the regime suppressed news of the outbreak at the start, even forcing doctors to retract their warnings — and fostering lies about the virus not being transmissible person-to-person.

Which means there’s zero reason to believe anything it says about the death toll within its borders — or to trust its claim that it’s now beaten the bug. Note how it recently began expelling reporters from a host of US media institutions.

COVID-19 has claimed at least 42,000 lives worldwide. A University of Southampton study estimates 95 percent of infections would have been avoided if China had acted just three weeks earlier — instead of silencing those who sought to save lives.

Beijing has a lot to answer for — but all its answers will be lies, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 3, 2020 3:40 AM

Yes, r76, for visitors. Sorry my post was unclear.

by Anonymousreply 122April 3, 2020 3:41 AM

R121, and??? So, is the US, so is Russia, so is Iran. That’s what totalitarian dictatorships do.

by Anonymousreply 123April 3, 2020 3:43 AM

Cardiac arrest victims whose hearts cannot be restarted at the scene are now being left there — rather than being brought to coronavirus-strained hospitals for further revival attempts, according to a new guidance for medical responders.

The Regional Emergency Medical Services Council of New York, which oversees the city’s ambulance service, issued the guidance on Tuesday in a letter obtained by The Post.

Previously, people whose hearts could not be restarted on the scene would be brought to the hospital.

But the new guidance is a grim calculus that’s meant to save lives, one veteran EMS worker told The Post.

“They’re trying to do what they can with the people who have the most likely chance of being saved,” the worker said.

Under the rule, “if you can’t get revived on scene, that’s it. They’re going to work on you, but if they can’t get a pulse back, they won’t transport you” to the hospital, the worker explained.

The decree — which took effect immediately — comes as city ERs and intensive care units are swollen with critically ill coronavirus patients.

Paramedics will still render aid at the scene under the directive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 3, 2020 3:45 AM

So glad when Chris Cuomo said he had hallucinations with his corona sickness. It helps when people share their stories.

by Anonymousreply 125April 3, 2020 3:48 AM

R91 No one is saying obesity causes one to die from this virus. Like anything else it's a constellation of risk factors and underlying health conditions. Being obese is a risk factor for having worsening outcomes when your respiratory function is compromised, such as during an infectious illness that affects the respiratory system. There are anatomical and physiological reasons as to why obesity is related to a myriad of respiratory conditions. Bringing this to people's attention is a good thing, maybe we will all strive for healthier habits when this is all over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 3, 2020 3:49 AM

poor amazon workers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 3, 2020 3:55 AM

When the food supply chains get broken, people will lose weight.

It’s a win/win!

by Anonymousreply 128April 3, 2020 3:58 AM

[quote] Yes, [R76], for visitors. Sorry my post was unclear.

And likely untrue. No retirement community can ban an under-55 person from spending the night in a private home.

by Anonymousreply 129April 3, 2020 4:02 AM

R129

They don’t own them. In most communities like this, they own a share of the community, not their individual home.

by Anonymousreply 130April 3, 2020 4:05 AM

Variety @Variety · 6m Sara Bareilles Reveals She Had Coronavirus, But Has ‘Fully Recovered’

by Anonymousreply 131April 3, 2020 4:10 AM

The Associated Press @AP · 7m Jazz guitarist John “Bucky” Pizzarelli, who was inducted to the New Jersey Hall of Fame, dies at the age of 94.

His family tells The New York Times they believes the cause of death was the coronavirus. And the Bergen Record reports that Pizzarelli tested positive for the virus on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 132April 3, 2020 4:13 AM

⏳ CORONA TIME - APRIL 3 - 12:15 AM EST

🌈 NATIONAL FIND A RAINBOW DAY

🌐 GLOBAL

CASES: 1,015,850

DEATHS: 53,216

CRITICAL: 37,654

🇺🇸 UNITED STATES

CASES: 245,184

DEATHS: 6,088

by Anonymousreply 133April 3, 2020 4:14 AM

R133

I’ll find a rainbow and stick it so far up your...

by Anonymousreply 134April 3, 2020 4:17 AM

Ellis Marsalis, jazz pianist, educator, and patriarch of the Marsalis family, has died at the age of 85. His death was announced in tweets from New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell and Jazz at Lincoln Center, where his son Wynton is managing and artistic director.

He reportedly went into the hospital over the weekend with symptoms of pneumonia. The New York Times reports that his son Branford says the cause of death was complications from COVID-19.

His music students included Terence Blanchard, Donald Harrison, Harry Connick Jr. and four of his sons: Wynton, Branford, Delfeayo and Jason Marsalis.

by Anonymousreply 135April 3, 2020 4:17 AM

I could be wrong, but I don't ever recall any fat person or persons starting a thread, asking the DataLoungeLizards for weight loss advice.

by Anonymousreply 136April 3, 2020 4:27 AM

I think celebs are kind of happy about this virus...they will never have to take another selfie with another fan for the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 137April 3, 2020 4:30 AM

We seem to have blown past 5% death rate globally, and well past 1% domestically. We're looking at 2.5% in the US now.

by Anonymousreply 138April 3, 2020 4:30 AM

R113. the homemade masks are washable and you can soak them in a sink full of water and a capful of bleach. the bleach will kill the virus. if you have a few masks you can leave it to sit for a few days. They are two-ply and you can put a disposable paper towel in the pocket or some other barrier. I just bought a craft sewing machine very cheap. only does one kind of stitch but that is all I need. I decided to make a bunch of them for all of my delivery guys. They are very easy to make. You could hand stitch them if you wanted to make one.

by Anonymousreply 139April 3, 2020 4:31 AM

Call me, r134, @ 1-800-555-CORONA

I Can Help.

by Anonymousreply 140April 3, 2020 4:33 AM

R139, what planet are you living on where bleach is available for sale?

by Anonymousreply 141April 3, 2020 4:38 AM

[quote]🌈 NATIONAL FIND A RAINBOW DAY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142April 3, 2020 4:42 AM

[quote]R91 For everyone who keeps saying that you're more likely to die of COVID-19 if you're obese - they haven't determined if it's the obesity or the related health issues that can accompany it.

[italic]I’M BIG BONED!

by Anonymousreply 143April 3, 2020 4:42 AM

I have bleach at home but small little stores still have it. But just like washing your hands washing them is soap or ever dish soap or any soap and let them dry. Virus doesn't live that long without a host.

by Anonymousreply 144April 3, 2020 4:50 AM

It looks like AMC theaters are going out of business. Will there even be any movie theaters in a couple of months? It doesn't look like it.

by Anonymousreply 145April 3, 2020 4:55 AM

R226 are you new to these threads? Of course there's been people here saying the obese will drop like flies, no nuance added. It's their fantasy come to life.

by Anonymousreply 146April 3, 2020 5:00 AM

^ should be r126

by Anonymousreply 147April 3, 2020 5:00 AM

[italic] The Times, They Are A-Changin'

by Anonymousreply 148April 3, 2020 5:01 AM

R145

Box office 52 weeks ago was dominated by Captain Marvel.

This week they sold $5,000 in tickets. Total.

Theater is dead until it is revamped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 3, 2020 5:01 AM

What about Broadway?! What will theatre queens do now?

by Anonymousreply 150April 3, 2020 5:04 AM

A professional Instacart shopper says workers want better health protections against #coronavirus and better pay. Some workers for the popular grocery delivery app have been striking across the U.S.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151April 3, 2020 5:07 AM

The New Yorker @NewYorker · 17m As shoppers stock up amid the coronavirus crisis, an Oregon gun store has sold out of ARs and .308 rifles, many of which went to first-time liberal buyers.

by Anonymousreply 152April 3, 2020 5:08 AM

Good grief. This is my fear around indefinite shelter in place. People will go crazy with guns and it won’t even be safe to go outside.

by Anonymousreply 153April 3, 2020 5:12 AM

Amazon has gone overboard with some of the essential products that have finally come back into stock. Everything is being saved for hospitals and medical professionals only. I can understand masks, but you can't even order bleach wipes or hand sanitizer.

by Anonymousreply 154April 3, 2020 5:28 AM

[quote]Why can't we get the masks out? Use the military to manufacture and distribute.

We can't even get TOILET PAPER out, for fuck sake. You think we're gonna see masks any time soon?

by Anonymousreply 155April 3, 2020 6:33 AM

CNN @CNN · 12m On March 3, there were about 92,000 cases of the novel coronavirus worldwide, most of them in China.

Now, on April 3, there are more than 1 million infections globally.

by Anonymousreply 156April 3, 2020 6:54 AM

maybe this is why CA's numbers are so low...

Eric Feigl-Ding @DrEricDing · 9m

Epic fail- #COVID19 testing backlog in California remains at a staggering 59,000 — far more than any other state that is publicly reporting numbers for pending test results. 65% of all tests backlogged and unprocessed!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157April 3, 2020 7:02 AM

ABC News @ABC · 12m "I definitely feel very good this morning."

William "Bill" Kelly, a 95-year-old veteran of WWII who also lived through the Great Depression has added another accomplishment to his name—beating COVID-19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 3, 2020 7:16 AM

Detroit bus driver, who ranted about a coughing passenger, dies from coronavirus

DETROIT — A Detroit bus driver who had expressed anger on Facebook about a coughing passenger has died from COVID-19, officials said Thursday.

Jason Hargrove felt ill about four days after posting a passionate video on social media on March 21. He died Wednesday, said Glenn Tolbert, the head of the drivers union.

Hargrove, 50, posted a profanity-laced video complaining about a woman whom he said had repeatedly coughed while on his bus. The coronavirus can spread through air droplets after people cough or sneeze. The woman was not in the video.

Hargrove said drivers are “public workers doing our job, trying to make an honest living, take care of our families.”

“For you to get on the bus … and cough several times without covering up your mouth and you know (we’re) in the middle of a pandemic — that lets me know that some folks don’t care,” Hargrove said.

“At some point in time we’ve got to draw the line and say enough is enough. I feel violated,” he said.

On March 17, the city eliminated fares, promised more cleaning and told bus riders to enter and exit from the rear door only. The changes occurred after drivers declined to work that day to protest conditions.

Mayor Mike Duggan said “everybody in America” should watch Hargrove’s video.

“He was infected before we closed the front doors” on buses, Duggan said. “Some of his language is graphic, but I don’t know how you can watch it and not tear up. He knew his life was being put in jeopardy … by someone who didn’t take this seriously and now he’s gone.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 3, 2020 7:21 AM

My best friend's husband just got the call from his doctor at 11:30 tonight. He has COVID19, despite wearing surgical masks year-round at his job due to respiratory issues.

As I have been saying on other threads, that type of mask does not stop people from inhaling viral particles. Please continue staying at least 6 foot away from others as often as you can, even when you wear a mask (especially the homemade ones). If you're a medical provider, my heart goes out to you. Thank you for putting yourselves at risk.

by Anonymousreply 160April 3, 2020 7:21 AM

Texas Governor okays church services

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161April 3, 2020 8:11 AM

Awful story at r159; at this point, anyone who goes around coughing without covering their mouths is deliberately being an asshole and deserves a fucking beatdown.

by Anonymousreply 162April 3, 2020 8:34 AM

Woman dies in 4 days, was taking all precautions. 48 yrs old, no underlying conditions.

I am never leaving my house again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163April 3, 2020 8:46 AM

it's just 1 of those awful things where so far we don't know how anyone will react to being infected until infection happens.

by Anonymousreply 164April 3, 2020 8:59 AM

Parents name twins Corona and Covid

BBC-Welcome to the world, Corona and Covid - these are the names of newborn twins in India's Raipur city. The boy and girl were born amid a three-week lockdown in India. Their parents say they gave them the names as a reminder of obstacles overcome during trying times that have disrupted life across the world. In an interview with local media, the mother said it was a "difficult" delivery. "We faced many challenges and me and my husband wanted to make the day memorable," she said, adding that she went into labour on 26 March. "The virus is dangerous but its outbreak has made people focus on hygiene and inculcate other good habits. So we thought about these names,” she explained. Hospital staff started calling the twins as Corona and Covid soon after they were born - which helped the parents make their decision

by Anonymousreply 165April 3, 2020 9:30 AM

Scarf Lady. Gave us a reasonable explanation because of Chinese data the US gave a slow response Although people say over and over again China cannot be trusted. As Rump says we have the best intelligence in the world. Shouldn’t they have known?

by Anonymousreply 166April 3, 2020 9:54 AM

We knew. Americans were taking cover long before the orange slug did diddlysquat.

This whole “China fooled us” only applies to the stupid.

by Anonymousreply 167April 3, 2020 10:17 AM

You know, De Blasio deserves a lot of criticism for his handling of all of this.

However, he deserves a lot of credit for the decision to give food to any New Yorker that needs it, adult or child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 3, 2020 10:46 AM

Intelligence was shared with Trump that this was an issue in January and early Feb and he chose to focus on golf and his rallies instead. He is a disgusting lazy fat selfish dumb piece of shit who will have 100k + Deaths in the US on his head by June.

by Anonymousreply 169April 3, 2020 10:47 AM

A glimmer of hope in Spain.

CNN-A further 932 people have died from coronavirus in Spain, the country's health ministry said on Friday, bringing the country's death toll closer to Italy's world-high total. Friday's figures mean that 10,935 Covid-19 deaths have been recorded in Spain. It is the second-highest daily number since the pandemic began in Spain, but slightly smaller than the increase announced Thursday. For several days, however, Spanish health officials have spoken optimistically of reaching the peak of infection. The Ministry’s data shows there are now 76,262 active cases in Spain, an increase of 2,770 from Thursday – but also the smallest daily rise since March 20.

by Anonymousreply 170April 3, 2020 12:03 PM

r160, I'm sorry to hear that. But then we've been told from the start that only masks rated N95 will be of any use in blocking COVID-19.

by Anonymousreply 171April 3, 2020 12:11 PM

That is very kind of you R88. I am very fortunate to have been able to work from home the last three weeks. Likewise my wife has gone from partly retired, mostly working from home to mostly retired, entirely working from home. We only go out to get the mail, shop for groceries and walk the dog.

I think it is an open question if the young doctors and nurses are dying from exhaustion + infection, large initial exposure or reinfection. My bet would be reinfection given what has been discovered regarding delayed antibody production, but anyone who tells you they know for sure is bluffing.

Speaking of bluffing, if you only just realized the CCP was fudging their numbers, you may be an idiot.

If you are out of detergent, cloth masks can be sterilized by going through the dryer at high heat. I hope no one ever gets to the point of needing to know that information.

by Anonymousreply 172April 3, 2020 12:16 PM

N95 can be safely sterilized with vaporous hydrogen peroxide and hot air.

by Anonymousreply 173April 3, 2020 12:36 PM

R173. Do you mean that we now have to ask Trump to blow on our masks to sterilize them? Great!

by Anonymousreply 174April 3, 2020 12:43 PM

Oh now she’s a chemist.

by Anonymousreply 175April 3, 2020 12:45 PM

R97

Because the Army belongs to the federal government, not the states. Just like I told you yesterday, the medical supplies stockpile is our stockpile. States can go out and get their own stockpiles.

Oh, and rent was due two days ago everyone. I don’t care if you lost your job. Get out there and get a new one, or dip into your trust funds!

by Anonymousreply 176April 3, 2020 12:50 PM

Can we cut even the low level of obesity/fat/overweight are as good as dead that’s going on here? You don’t wish this illness or death on anybody. You just don’t.

Seriously, that’s the kind of person you are/want to be?

by Anonymousreply 177April 3, 2020 1:02 PM

ElderLez, you speak with knowledge and authority... what’s your background?

by Anonymousreply 178April 3, 2020 1:03 PM

And even when the symptoms go away he might still be contagious. Crazy times in the UK

BBC-UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson says he will remain in self-isolation as he is still showing symptoms of coronavirus. In a video on social media, he said: “Although I’m feeling better and I’ve done my seven days of isolation, alas, I still have one of the symptoms, a minor symptom, I still have a temperature. “And so in accordance with government advice, I must continue my self-isolation until that symptom itself goes."

by Anonymousreply 179April 3, 2020 1:07 PM

Department of Health and Social Care @DHSCgovuk UPDATE on coronavirus (#COVID19) testing in the UK:

As of 9am 3 April, a total of 173,784 people have been tested of which 38,168 tested positive.

As of 5pm on 2 April, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 3,605 have sadly died.

by Anonymousreply 180April 3, 2020 1:08 PM

R180 Thanks for the update.. Do you know the increase in deaths compared to yesterday's figures?

by Anonymousreply 181April 3, 2020 1:10 PM

[Quote]Scarf Lady. Gave us a reasonable explanation because of Chinese data the US gave a slow response Although people say over and over again China cannot be trusted.

Hello? I'm pretty sure we were already discussing this in early January. Maybe someone can dig out Corona thread #1. We knew this was a big problem in early January and the US government did not? Dump and his sycophants are just trying to deflect from their usual incompetence and laziness. Also remember Dump's North Korean friend was making hints about a big surprise in December? We were all speculating what he meant. I bet his agents already knew in December what was going on in China and what was coming. They closed their borders pretty early and surely Covid19 was his big "surprise" for Dumpf.

by Anonymousreply 182April 3, 2020 1:15 PM

[Quote]Scarf Lady. Gave us a reasonable explanation because of Chinese data the US gave a slow response Although people say over and over again China cannot be trusted.

Hello? I'm pretty sure we were already discussing this in early January. Maybe someone can dig out Corona thread #1. We knew this was a big problem in early January and the US government did not? Dump and his sycophants are just trying to deflect from their usual incompetence and laziness. Also remember Dump's North Korean friend was making hints about a big surprise in December? We were all speculating what he meant. I bet his agents already knew in December what was going on in China and what was coming. They closed their borders pretty early and surely Covid19 was his big "surprise" for Dumpf.

by Anonymousreply 183April 3, 2020 1:15 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184April 3, 2020 1:25 PM

The New York Times @nytimes · 26m In cities across the U.S., many lower-income workers continue to move around, while those who make more money are staying home and limiting their exposure to the coronavirus, according to smartphone location data analyzed by The New York Times

by Anonymousreply 185April 3, 2020 1:26 PM

Scientist-adjacent R178

by Anonymousreply 186April 3, 2020 1:28 PM

To R185's point -- New York City transit last night:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 3, 2020 1:28 PM

Sky News @SkyNews · 13m BREAKING: Buckingham Palace says the Queen will address the nation this weekend with a special broadcast at 8pm on Sunday 5 April to the UK and the Commonwealth in relation to the #coronavirus outbreak.

by Anonymousreply 188April 3, 2020 1:35 PM

Fuck CNN and FUCK POPPY HARLOW.

Here’s why.

She just interviewed an NYC nurse who had it, recovered from it, and is [italic]delighted[/italic] to be going back to work today. (Bad news for those enjoying the covid related death of the fat and obese, he was quite heavy but he made it anyway.)

Instead of taking a positive tone about it - he’s better, he’s got immunity, he can help without fear - she had to invoke the funereal, nearly tearful voice so she could press him on the fact a week or so ago he was quoted as saying he felt medical staff were being sent to slaughter. She and Sciutto are the worst on the network for this... Berman and Cooper aren’t far behind.

If we must have news anchors could we at least not have news actors? Just tell me the damned news...it really doesn’t need fluffing these days.

by Anonymousreply 189April 3, 2020 1:38 PM

The Straits Times @STcom · 3m S'pore reports 65 new coronavirus cases with 3 new clusters at Ce La Vi, S'pore Cricket Club and Project Glory construction site

by Anonymousreply 190April 3, 2020 1:39 PM

“Give is your sick...but only Florida residents...otherwise you’ll just have to die on the ship.

I do t see why people don’t jump overboard and swim to shore. They can’t catch them all.

by Anonymousreply 191April 3, 2020 1:39 PM

Coronavirus: First UK death was a week earlier than thought, NHS data reveals

Details uncover a slew of inconsistencies and delays in official figures previously published by UK-wide authorities.

They show the highest number of deaths in one day in England was 401 - last Sunday - even though the figure reported by the Department of Health the following day was just 159 deaths.

But while the overall number of deaths on April 1 was announced as 563, the NHS England data indicated just 84 people with COVID-19 died in its hospitals during that 24-hour period.

These discrepancies are understood to be the result of delays in reporting procedures.

The figures also reveal that 52% of those who have died in hospital were aged over 80 - with a further 40% between 60 and 79 years old. Just 1% were under 40.

Meanwhile, Scotland's first minister, Nicola Sturgeon, said on Thursday that the nation's death toll had been under-reported due to delays in notifying the government of fatalities that happened earlier this week.

Officials in Scotland said the number of COVID-19 deaths had soared by 66% in one day after it emerged that central authorities had not been informed of 40 deaths from days earlier.

While the number of deaths across the UK yesterday was a high of 569, NHS England's medical director Professor Stephen Powis denied the "green shoots" of recovery had finished.

"No, I still think there are reasons to be hopeful, as I said a couple of days ago," he said.

"One of the very first reasons for that is because we do see, as I have shown you, that the public is complying with the measures that the government have laid out to reduce social contact and to stop the spread of the transmission.

"If we didn't see that happening, then I think the answer would be no but we do see that happening and it's important we continue to see that happening.

"Secondly, as Sir Patrick Vallance (the UK's chief scientific adviser) said earlier in the week, we do see early academic evidence that the transmission rate in the community may have fallen below one and that's important because if it's the case that we are no longer passing the virus on to multiple people, so to less than one person for everybody that's infected, then that is additional evidence that infections are going to reduce."

by Anonymousreply 192April 3, 2020 1:42 PM

Oh, for fuck's sake, R91. It's a cruise ship. Three quarters of the passengers are 70 years old. None of them would survive the jump.

Think.

by Anonymousreply 193April 3, 2020 1:44 PM

That was for R191, obviously.

Sorry, R91.

by Anonymousreply 194April 3, 2020 1:45 PM

R187 Horrifying. You think the economy is fucked now? Just wait until all of those low-income workers doing the 'essential' jobs crash out and die. You ain't seen nothing yet.

by Anonymousreply 195April 3, 2020 1:53 PM

"I do t see why people don’t jump overboard and swim to shore. They can’t catch them all."

Too high and the people are too old to jump off a ship?

by Anonymousreply 196April 3, 2020 1:53 PM

For the person that requested it, here’s the first Coronavirus thread. It’s dated January 24.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197April 3, 2020 2:07 PM

Not surprised to hear about the mishandling of the data in the UK. They have fucked this up from the start

by Anonymousreply 198April 3, 2020 2:14 PM

Boris Johnson is looking rough and frail. I am worried.

by Anonymousreply 199April 3, 2020 2:15 PM

Johnson does look like a goner.

Oh, well. He did it himself, the miserable bastard.

by Anonymousreply 200April 3, 2020 2:17 PM

R199 Whatever for?

by Anonymousreply 201April 3, 2020 2:26 PM

And if he still has a fever it means the viral load is still high and that makes him highly contagious.

Stay away from people, Boris !

by Anonymousreply 202April 3, 2020 2:26 PM

Honestly, you people and your loads.....

by Anonymousreply 203April 3, 2020 2:41 PM

I NEED A LOAD

by Anonymousreply 204April 3, 2020 2:45 PM

R178 she is a LESBIAN. That is enough.

by Anonymousreply 205April 3, 2020 2:46 PM

⏳ CORONA TIME - APRIL 3 - 10:45 AM EST

🌈 FIND A RAINBOW DAY

🌐 GLOBAL

CASES: 1,041,106

DEATHS: 55,203

CRITICAL: 38,415

🇺🇸 UNITED STATES

CASES: 245,422

DEATHS: 6,099

CRITICAL: NOT UPDATED @ 5,421

by Anonymousreply 206April 3, 2020 2:48 PM

I was going through the old Coronavirus threads. Looks like February 27 was the tipping point. We were talking about prepping, a few posters were seeing shortages of hand sanitizer and one mentioned masks. By February 28 there were definite shortages, including flu meds, but everyone was sure markets would be rapidly restocked.

People on these threads predicted recession and stock market losses as early as the end of January.

by Anonymousreply 207April 3, 2020 3:09 PM

Throughout this R207 there never was a lack of OTC flu medication at my local grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 208April 3, 2020 3:13 PM

So Sweden and Brazil are both going with "herd immunity". Strange body bag fellows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 3, 2020 3:13 PM

R209, there is no vaccine so we are all going with herd immunity.

'Social distance' and 'flatten the curve' do nothing but help to prevent an absolutely crushed health care system. Of course, it keeps you safe as long as you stay locked in your home, but how long can that be sustained? You have to go out sometime and you do do unvaccinated.

The current lockdown also helps raise your odds of being buried in your own grave and not in a pit. There is also that.

by Anonymousreply 210April 3, 2020 3:21 PM

R177 Who here has wished this virus to kill obese people? Understandably fat people get offended when told obesity is a risk factor for chronic diseases. But not many people know that obesity compromises respiratory function when your respiratory system is impaired from illness. Who know but if people lose a few pounds then they can reduce their risk of dying if they get this infection.

by Anonymousreply 211April 3, 2020 3:44 PM

Dr Michael Osterholm on CNN now. Listen.

by Anonymousreply 212April 3, 2020 3:48 PM

Ok, here’s what Osterholm said:

He thinks this is just the beginning. In the 1918 Spanish flu, the virus went on in phases almost until 1920. This virus will last month and months. We’re already out of supplies. In 1918 Spanish Flu, by 1920 almost everyone had either had it and survived or died. That’s why it went away. Everyone had left an immunity. He says the alternatives are, have a national lockdown for 18-20 months, or let it go and have 1.5, 1.6 million deaths. Neither is going to be acceptable to people.

Says we need a national plan. He thinks about 10%-20% are infected now. He thinks the virus won’t go away until about 50-60% are infected.

He didn’t discuss vaccines. That’s probably because vaccines for Corona viruses in general are very hard to make, much harder than flu vaccines. There will eventually be one, we hope, but it will probably only be available after almost everyone has been through this wave.?

He emphasized very heavily, we need a national plan. We can’t get through it for that long without a national plan.

by Anonymousreply 213April 3, 2020 3:57 PM

[quote]you do do unvaccinated

How on earth do you know how I do-do?

by Anonymousreply 214April 3, 2020 3:58 PM

Isn’t it too late to lose a few pounds? If you have an eating disorder doesn’t a crisis make you want to eat more? Recently a medical doctor told me if I felt lonely eat something. I’m sure she meant something healthy but still.

I think I have it right now. I bought a thermometer yesterday but still don’t have the nerve to check.

by Anonymousreply 215April 3, 2020 3:59 PM

Weeks ago R213 one of the doctors, don't remember who, said we will have a treatment before we will have a vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 216April 3, 2020 4:00 PM

R213, I’m no expert by far, but I’m hoping that our understanding of how these viruses are spread will keep us from having a pandemic like the Spanish flu.

by Anonymousreply 217April 3, 2020 4:03 PM

Sergio Rossi dies from COVID-19

by Anonymousreply 218April 3, 2020 4:04 PM

Bill Withers died from it.

by Anonymousreply 219April 3, 2020 4:05 PM

No he didn't R219.

by Anonymousreply 220April 3, 2020 4:07 PM

If this goes on for a year and we still don't have a vaccine or effective treatments on the immediate horizon, then we have no choice but to go with herd immunity. Medical experts could tell us how to get a low viral load infection, which would make us sick for a short time with the least amount of symptoms, and then we could quickly recover and develop immunity.

by Anonymousreply 221April 3, 2020 4:10 PM

Are we sure people who they say get immunity actually do?

by Anonymousreply 222April 3, 2020 4:11 PM

Can anyone explain "herd immunity" Isn't it just luck of the draw? There is no individual immunity to COVID-19

by Anonymousreply 223April 3, 2020 4:13 PM

X number of people are immune, either by having recovered from active infection or a vaccine = much less chance of a virus to spread, since there are fewer potential carriers.

One of the reasons measles has made a comeback is because Jenny McCarthy made sure to reduce herd immunity among kids.

by Anonymousreply 224April 3, 2020 4:14 PM

R224 not just her, the whole antivax movement (a lot of whom are also #yanggang and/or Bernie Bros).

by Anonymousreply 225April 3, 2020 4:21 PM

R217, there’s a few issues there that make it not as simple as it seems. Who’s going to manufacture all the billions of pills it would take? All our drug manufacturing comes from China and India. China re-closed move theaters after they relaxed the stay at home order, reopened the theaters and then experienced a rebound. India is just getting started.

When a treatment does come, it will be exactly the same as the ventilators. No international or national plan, so manufacturers selling to the highest bidder, then re-selling the sold shipment to the new highest bidder. That happened with NY buying ventilators that had already been sold to France. The manufacturer got a higher bid from NY, and sent France’s shipment to NY. That’s going to cause international resentment as only the rich get it. That leaves out the third world and a lot of the smaller and poorer states here in the U.S. Everyone is bidding against everyone else and manufacturers are lapping it up. Those pills will cost a million dollars each.

There has to be an international treaty and national plan. And international laws have to be passed to stop price gouging. This is where the leadership of the U.S. would normally kick in with a plan to settle all this down, and people would go along to make it stop. Trump will never do that.

Unless Nancy Pelosi can do it alone, we’re going to have to wait until Biden or the Democrat gets in. Biden would actually be good at this because he has dealt with foreign countries for decades. He was on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee for many years and was an in-house ambassador for Obama. He would hand the details over to some experts and let them do their jobs. Trump has to interfere with every minute detail. And he doesn’t know what he’s doing and neither does Kushner, Pence or any of his other sycophants. I think Pence is really trying but he’s an idiot and will only do whatever he can get Trump to agree to. That’s not good enough. This is going to end up being a success or failure if policy, not of medicine.

Imagine someone invented an AIDS drug, but seven billion people needed it, and all the manufacturers had no price controls and only sold to the highest bidder on the open market. That’s where we are.

by Anonymousreply 226April 3, 2020 4:22 PM

I think that's how they reduced smallpox ... by vaccinating everyone with a small amount. I wonder if that is the way to go with this. Hopefully, most people will just get a mild case and then we'll get "herd immunity." It's scary to see the numbers go up in NYC daily without a break. Obviously, a crisis like this will need a national/international response.

by Anonymousreply 227April 3, 2020 4:25 PM

Hello. Testing 123.

by Anonymousreply 228April 3, 2020 4:27 PM

R/27, the person who invented the smallpox vaccine vaccinated everybody with “cowpox,” which was a milder version of the disease. He noticed that milk maids never got small pox, but they would get cowpox. Then they were immune from smallpox. So that was a lucky break.

If there’s another, milder Coronavirus that would make people immune from this Coronavirus, that would be great. Some people even suggested that the reason kids weren’t getting it badly was because they were exposed to milder Corona viruses all the time at school. So maybe they had some immunity that was good enough that they would only get mild cases.

Whether that works as a vaccine is another story.

by Anonymousreply 229April 3, 2020 4:31 PM

R229 so just living in NYC and taking the subway should be immunity

by Anonymousreply 230April 3, 2020 4:36 PM

Canceled SXSW will stream film fest on Amazon Prime for free

South by Southwest film festival, which was previously scheduled to kick off March 13, will stream many of its movies on Amazon Prime instead of the IRL event.

Films that were slated to premiere at the fest included Judd Apatow and Pete Davidson’s “King of Staten Island,” as well as Kitao Sakurai’s hidden camera comedy “Bad Trip” with Eric Andre, Lil Rel Howery and Tiffany Haddish. They haven’t yet been confirmed for the virtual film festival though.

The movies will stream on Amazon Prime for 10 days, starting at a yet-undetermined date in late April, and will be available to anyone — whether they have an Amazon Prime membership or not. All they need is a free Amazon account.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231April 3, 2020 4:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232April 3, 2020 4:39 PM

Like someone said on a previous thread, R177, fat nurses and fat doctors save lives, too.

In your case, we fatties might be tempted to ignore your personal needs. But rest assured, we won't, because that is not who we are. We're far better people than you.

Fat shamers owe every one of us an apology. But you won't, because that's who you are.

by Anonymousreply 233April 3, 2020 4:40 PM

R232 what do they all have in common?

by Anonymousreply 234April 3, 2020 4:40 PM

R234, they're fat cunts.

by Anonymousreply 235April 3, 2020 4:47 PM

People Freaking Out Over Corona Virus 1/24/2020

Coronavirus Freakout 2: WuFlu Boogaloo 1/29

Coronavirus Freakout 3: Return to Kung-flu 2/2

CoronaVirus Freakout 4: To Kung Flu, Thanks for Everything, Julie Flu-mar 2/8

CoronaVirus Freakout 5: We won’t get flued again! 2/14

CoronaVirus Freakout 6: One Flu Over the Cuckoo's Nest! 2/21

CoronaVirus Freakout 7: Pandemic! At The Disco 2/25

Coronavirus Freakout 8: REVENGE OF THE PANGOLIN 2/28

Coronavirus Freakout 9: Saturday Night Fever 2/28

Coronavirus Freakout 10: Stayin’ Alive! 3/1

Coronavirus Freakout 11: The Boy(s) in the Plastic Bubble 3/3

Coronavirus Freakout 12: Subtitles Off 3/6

Coronavirus Freakout 13: Love In The Time Of Coronavirus 3/8

Coronavirus Freakout 14: Quarantine of Solace 3/10

Coronavirus Freakout 15: Live and Let Die 3/11

Coronavirus Freakout 16: Escape from New York 3/12

Coronavirus Freakout 17: World War C 3/14

Coronavirus Freakout 18: The Lung and the Breathless 3/15

Coronavirus Freakout 19: March MADNESS 3/16

Coronavirus Freakout 20: Captain Corelli's Pangolin 3/16

Coronavirus Freakout 21: one more for The Road 3/19

Coronavirus Freakout 22 - Apocalypse Now 3/20

Coronavirus Freakout 23: An Abundance of Caution 3/22

Coronavirus Freakout 24: An ill wind... 3/23

Coronavirus Freakout 25: The N95 Masque of the Red Death 3/24

Coronavirus Freakout 26: Stand Back 3/26

Coronavirus Freakout 26: It Needs To Be Done (Unofficial) 3/26

Coronavirus Freakout 27: LONDON KILLS ME

People Freaking Out Over Corona Virus 1/24/2020

Coronavirus Freakout 2: WuFlu Boogaloo 1/29

Coronavirus Freakout 3: Return to Kung-flu 2/2

CoronaVirus Freakout 4: To Kung Flu, Thanks for Everything, Julie Flu-mar 2/8

CoronaVirus Freakout 5: We won’t get flued again! 2/14

CoronaVirus Freakout 6: One Flu Over the Cuckoo's Nest! 2/21

CoronaVirus Freakout 7: Pandemic! At The Disco 2/25

Coronavirus Freakout 8: REVENGE OF THE PANGOLIN 2/28

Coronavirus Freakout 9: Saturday Night Fever 2/28

Coronavirus Freakout 10: Stayin’ Alive! 3/1

Coronavirus Freakout 11: The Boy(s) in the Plastic Bubble 3/3

Coronavirus Freakout 12: Subtitles Off 3/6

Coronavirus Freakout 13: Love In The Time Of Coronavirus 3/8

Coronavirus Freakout 14: Quarantine of Solace 3/10

Coronavirus Freakout 15: Live and Let Die 3/11

Coronavirus Freakout 16: Escape from New York 3/12

Coronavirus Freakout 17: World War C 3/14

Coronavirus Freakout 18: The Lung and the Breathless 3/15

Coronavirus Freakout 19: March MADNESS 3/16

Coronavirus Freakout 20: Captain Corelli's Pangolin 3/16

Coronavirus Freakout 21: one more for The Road 3/19

Coronavirus Freakout 22 - Apocalypse Now 3/20

Coronavirus Freakout 23: An Abundance of Caution 3/22

Coronavirus Freakout 24: An ill wind... 3/23

Coronavirus Freakout 25: The N95 Masque of the Red Death 3/24

Coronavirus Freakout 26: Stand Back 3/26

Coronavirus Freakout 26: It Needs To Be Done (Unofficial) 3/26

Coronavirus Freakout 27: LONDON KILLS ME 3/27

Coronavirus Freakout 28: FEVER! (Unofficial) 3/29

Coronavirus Freakout 28 - The Corona Strain 3/29

Coronavirus Freakout 29: The Day(s) the Earth Stood Still 3/31

Coronavirus Freakout 30: There's A Kind of Hush 4/2

by Anonymousreply 236April 3, 2020 4:49 PM

take note of the cunt companies during this crisis....

American Airlines flight crams its only 11 passengers into last 3 rows: report

Despite there only being 11 people on a Tuesday, March 24 flight, the company refused to allow them to adhere to the social-distancing measure of sitting 6 feet apart, instead forcing them all into the last three rows, Mother Jones reports.

“The reasoning behind it is, well, they bought basic economy fares, so we can’t put them further up in the cabin, because that would be an upgrade,” said one of the flight attendants, who requested anonymity for fear of retribution from her employer.

Despite a lack of protocol allowing them to do so, flight attendants “took it upon ourselves to spread them out,” she claims to the outlet.

That same day, American — the world’s largest airline in terms of both passenger number and fleet size — did finally issue a new “relaxed seating” policy in response to the pandemic. It allows gate agents to “reassign seats to create more space between customers” and for passengers to “move to another seat within their ticketed cabin subject to availability,” adding that 50% of standard middle seats and every seat bordering jump seats should be left empty.

The apparently reactionary measures may not have been sufficient, however, as the company continued to enforce pricing tiers on nearly empty flights, Mother Jones reports.

After the new protocols were put in place, the same flight attendant claims they were on another flight where the few passengers were tightly confined within their class tier. All 15 passengers were again crammed into the plane’s last rows, barred from moving ahead of the exit row, as that would constitute an upgrade.

In addition to refusing to prioritize passenger safety over pricing tiers, even on nearly empty flights, the airline allegedly hasn’t given attendants hand sanitizer — although it does provide sanitizing towelettes. It also only began allowing attendants to wear face masks in the final week of March — and then, only if they were in a neutral color.

“It’s insulting,” a flight attendant told Mother Jones. “Let’s suppose I do go on Amazon and find a mask, but it’s in purple. Well, now you don’t want me to wear it because it’s purple and it’s not beige?”

American Airlines told The Post that Mother Jones declined to provide them with the flight numbers for the trips in question.

“Additionally, the last row of every flight is blocked for airport control, and those seats are never assigned unless the flight is completely full,” a representative said via email.

On March 23, Philadelphia-based American Airlines flight attendant Paul Frishkorn, 65, died of COVID-19 complications. In the following week, the airline sharply reduced meal and snack service and suspended 60 to 80 percent of its domestic flights for April and May.

Flight attendants say much more is necessary, and the changes are coming too late.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237April 3, 2020 4:55 PM

[R220]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238April 3, 2020 4:58 PM

NYC landlord tells tenants in 18 buildings to skip April rent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239April 3, 2020 5:04 PM

Guardian-Italy registered 766 more deaths from Covid-19 on Friday - 6 more than Thursday - and remains the country worst affected by the outbreak with a total of 14,681 deaths. However, new infections continue to slow down, raising hopes of turnaround. Some 85.388 are currently infected with an increase of 2339 new cases, 138 less than Thursday. Some 1.480 have recovered in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number to 19.758. In total, 119.827 people have tested positive with coronavirus in Italy, including people who have died, recovered and the ones who are currently infected. Lockdown in the country could be extended until May 1 and ‘phase two’ of living with the virus can begin in mid-May, Emergency Commissioner Angelo Borrelli said Friday.

by Anonymousreply 240April 3, 2020 5:05 PM

I hope that I'm working when they haul R235 in, and toss his sorry ass into a pop up tent in the hospital parking lot, because there are no beds. And he's wheezing so loud he sounds like a harmonica. And I'm the only person around to hook him up to a respirator, if, and when, I get around to finding one. You know how fat and lazy we are, don't you? I mean, you've certainly said it enough times.

by Anonymousreply 241April 3, 2020 5:05 PM

CNN’s Brooke Baldwin has tweeted she has it.

by Anonymousreply 242April 3, 2020 5:14 PM

Another genius press conference here in the U.K.. They just told people that they see no evidence that face masks work and do not recommend them. First they wanted to go against the grain with their herd immunity and now after Fauci and even Orange Fuhrer said that they do something the Brits have to be special yet again. This is frightening as it’s actually supposed to be a beautiful weekend here and everyone will be out and about in the parks and shops. I went walking in a cemetery yesterday and a sweaty frau was panting all over the place on her jog. No mask, nothing. An old lady told her off as she was running too close with no social distancing whatsoever. It’s going to be an absolute nightmare here by Easter. Hardly any ventilators and low PPE on top of the severe cuts to the NHS.

by Anonymousreply 243April 3, 2020 5:16 PM

Strange days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244April 3, 2020 5:17 PM

If you wear a mask why do we need to disinfect if the purpose is to block our droplets? Who cares if you repeatedly wear it?

by Anonymousreply 245April 3, 2020 5:19 PM

R238 I was saying he didn't die of the coronavirus. Should have been more clear.

by Anonymousreply 246April 3, 2020 5:19 PM

21 years ago...

#BillWithers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247April 3, 2020 5:24 PM

R245, you sure are special...

The outside could have germs and other harmful viruses like covid 19 etc

Feel free to wear it repeatedly...

by Anonymousreply 248April 3, 2020 5:29 PM

Covid-19 does cannot last four days without a human host. So buy 4 masks and rotate them.

by Anonymousreply 249April 3, 2020 5:36 PM

NYT:

N.Y. Virus Deaths Double in Three Days to Almost 3,000: Live Updates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250April 3, 2020 5:44 PM

ALBANY — The horrific toll the coronavirus pandemic is taking on the Empire State continued to climb Friday as the number of cases soared past 100,000 and officials reported the disease has claimed nearly 3,000 New Yorkers.

State officials reported that 2,935 people have died from the virus so far as of 12 a.m. Friday — an astonishing jump of 562 fatalities, or 23%, from the 2,373 reported just 24 hours earlier.

It’s the single biggest daily increase in the death toll since the crisis erupted in March, Gov. Andrew Cuomo told reporters at the state Capitol on Friday.

Meanwhile, the number of cases of coronavirus across New York climbed to 102,863, meaning the state now accounts for 40 percent of all the reported cases across the nation. Neighboring New Jersey, which has also been hard hit, reported 25,590 cases.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251April 3, 2020 5:46 PM

R224 But there is NO VACCINE at least for a year. So how do you get "herd immunity"?

by Anonymousreply 252April 3, 2020 5:46 PM

My landlord just raised my rent per annual rate allowed in SF. What fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 253April 3, 2020 5:47 PM

[quote]This is frightening as it’s actually supposed to be a beautiful weekend here and everyone will be out and about in the parks and shops.

To be fair Hancock and the health professor cited the good weekend weather and 'instructed' (new word) folk nonetheless to Stay. At. Home. The senior nurse told us to respect her dead colleagues and stay home.

If there's pictures all over media of gatherings anyway, of people in effect saying fuck off NHS, I guess restrictions will ramp up. Paperwork to leave home at all, etcetera. The deeply stupid will always be with us.

by Anonymousreply 254April 3, 2020 5:47 PM

Fat people shouldn’t even be allowed to work in healthcare. Would you go to an obese personal trainer or a dentist with rotten teeth? If they can’t even take care of their own health, they have no business taking care of anyone else’s. It’s like getting relationship advice from someone whose husband punches her out every night.

by Anonymousreply 255April 3, 2020 5:59 PM

Fat people shouldn’t even be allowed to work in healthcare. Would you go to an obese personal trainer or a dentist with rotten teeth? If they can’t even take care of their own health, they have no business taking care of anyone else’s. It’s like getting relationship advice from someone whose husband punches her out every night.

by Anonymousreply 256April 3, 2020 5:59 PM

[quote]Who’s going to manufacture all the billions of pills it would take?

Fauci talked about this earlier in the week, saying they would be ramping up production facilities for specific vaccines that show promise long before they're approved for use.

by Anonymousreply 257April 3, 2020 6:02 PM

R249. Says who? Traces of the virus were found on the Princes ship in Japan 17 days afterwards. It's frustrating that people like you keep posting things as absolute facts when the sad truth is that we still have a lot to learn about this virus.

Dear everyone, please forget EVERYTHING that you have previously read about this virus. NOTHING is certain at this point. Please keep your eyes and ears open to rapidly changing information. Stay safe. Keep your distance. Question everything

by Anonymousreply 258April 3, 2020 6:05 PM

And don't forget, the virus can linger in the air for 3 hours...

I am now very uncomfortable going into enclosed spaces esp if they have poor ventilation.

by Anonymousreply 259April 3, 2020 6:07 PM

Fuck Pelosi. Is she working for Trump now? Everyone is bending over backwards to save the day. Let Trump shoulder the pain of his inaction and decisions

CNN-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Friday that Democrats could put on hold a host of their infrastructure priorities and instead advance a new stimulus measure that mirrors the historic $2.2 trillion stimulus package President Trump signed into law last week. "The acceleration of the coronavirus demands that we double down on the downpayment we made in CARES by passing a CARES 2 package. We must extend and expand this bipartisan legislation to meet the needs of the American people," she said in a statement on Friday. She added: “It is imperative that we go bigger and further assisting small business, to go longer in unemployment benefits and provide additional resources to process UI claims and to give families additional direct payments. We must also provide the desperately needed resources for our hospitals, community health centers, health systems and health workers on the frontlines of this crisis. We cannot succeed in defeating this virus unless we more strongly support state and local governments with significantly more resources.”

by Anonymousreply 260April 3, 2020 6:11 PM

California woman, 32, dies day after coronavirus diagnosis (she's plum)

A 32-year-old California woman died just a day after she was diagnosed with the coronavirus, her family said in a new report.

Jessica Beatriz Cortéz, of Huntington Beach, southeast of Los Angeles, started to feel sick late last week, her family told the local Telemundo station.

“She began by complaining about body aches, that she felt a heaviness and fatigue,” her brother César Cortéz told the station, according to a translation by the Los Angeles Times.

Jessica, who immigrated from El Salvador to the US three years ago, showed up for work on Thursday, March 23, but soon afterward, her symptoms escalated to body pain and chills.

She was hospitalized on Friday, and died on Saturday, her brother said.

“This all happened in less than a week,” Cortez told the station. “I got a call that she was in very grave condition … I left what I was doing and went to the hospital and when I got there, she had already passed away.”

Jessica’s family does not know if she had any pre-existing conditions.

She leaves behind a 9-year-old daughter.

Cortéz became the fourth Salvadoran immigrant to die of COVID-19 in the US, consular officials told the outlet. The three others died in New York.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261April 3, 2020 6:22 PM

[quote]vaccines for Corona viruses in general are very hard to make, much harder than flu vaccines

True. The common cold is a corona virus (actually many subtypes of corona viruses) and we’ve never been able to come up with a vaccine for that either.

by Anonymousreply 262April 3, 2020 6:23 PM

[quote]The horrific toll the coronavirus pandemic is taking on the Empire State continued to climb Friday as the number of cases soared past 100,000 and officials reported the disease has claimed nearly 3,000 New Yorkers.

The subway yesterday in Cuomo an DeBlasio's New York.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263April 3, 2020 6:24 PM

*and

by Anonymousreply 264April 3, 2020 6:26 PM

That landlord at R239 is an amateur. I’m raising my rents and starting more nuisance construction.

by Anonymousreply 265April 3, 2020 6:27 PM

Rhonda Fleming

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266April 3, 2020 6:28 PM

⏳ CORONA TIME - APRIL 3 - 2:30 PM EST

🌈 FIND A RAINBOW DAY !

GLOBAL

CASES:1,080,786

DEATHS: 58,120

CRITICAL: 39,232

🇺🇸 UNITED STATES

CASES: 265,916

DEATHS: 6,796

CRITICAL: 5,781

by Anonymousreply 267April 3, 2020 6:29 PM

From Web MD

[quote] Why isn't there a cold vaccine?

[quote] The cold can be caused by nearly 250 different viruses. It's just too hard for scientists to make a vaccine that protects you against ALL of them.

[quote] Also, from a medical point of view, there's less need to create a vaccine for colds than other illnesses. Although you feel awful when you have one, they generally come and go without any serious complications.

So.... if there happened to be a particular strain of the coronavirus that was virulent and deadly, maybe if would be worth the time and money to actually develop a vaccine that targeted one of the hundred different strains. That's the hope, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 268April 3, 2020 6:30 PM

R258, so what if "traces" were found on the ship. If we open up your cremation urn, we'll find traces of you. But not a living you. And on the ship they did not find living virus after 17 days. They found bits of RNA. Not live virus. And the reason it was notable is that allowed them to get a clearer picture of how the virus - back in the days when it was living and dangerous - circulated through the ship.

Traces. Think about your own words.

by Anonymousreply 269April 3, 2020 6:30 PM

R258, you seem to be making stuff up to scare yourself. This is no time to be enjoying sensational drama.

by Anonymousreply 270April 3, 2020 6:40 PM

"Fat people shouldn’t even be allowed to work in healthcare. Would you go to an obese personal trainer or a dentist with rotten teeth?"

I know doctors and nurses who smoke and I don't see you complaining about that.

by Anonymousreply 271April 3, 2020 6:41 PM

I bet the CNN newsroom is freaking out right now.

by Anonymousreply 272April 3, 2020 6:42 PM

Kiss today goodbye and point them to tomorrow....

by Anonymousreply 273April 3, 2020 6:44 PM

Stop expecting Americans to understand science, R269.

by Anonymousreply 274April 3, 2020 6:44 PM

Lawrence: President Donald Trump Is Not A 'Wartime President' | The Last Word | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 3, 2020 6:45 PM

Researchers have discovered at least a million novel coronaviruses in different animals that could potentially cause pandemics. Some scientists are working on one overall vaccine because this will keep happening. The endeavor will be extremely expensive. Pharmaceutical don't want to invest in one because they don't make much return on their vaccine investments. There is a group of scientists working on one but they say it is years away because they can't raise enough money so it is slow going.

by Anonymousreply 276April 3, 2020 6:46 PM

Jim Acosta @Acosta · 8m Anyone who is in close proximity to Trump and Pence will have to be tested for the Coronavirus, a WH official confirms to CNN. "Anyone expected to be in close proximity," the official said.

by Anonymousreply 277April 3, 2020 6:46 PM

CBS News @CBSNews · 7m WATCH: Two Australian sisters were called “Asian dogs", spat on, and racially abused in a coronavirus-related incident

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278April 3, 2020 6:48 PM

Where's that Nazi, Stephen Miller? Sick I hope.

by Anonymousreply 279April 3, 2020 6:50 PM

Can you imagine what lengths Peter Thiel has gone to to avoid being infected?

by Anonymousreply 280April 3, 2020 6:57 PM

Nearly 9 out of 10 Americans fear getting coronavirus, poll finds

The ABC/Ipsos survey found that 89 percent were worried about contracting the highly contagious virus, up from 79 percent just a week ago.

And 91 percent said that they had changed their daily routines as a result of their concerns about the outbreak.

This week, 72 percent of have cancelled or postponed activities compared to only 26 percent last week.

The survey, conducted April 1-2, also showed that fewer Americans approve of the job President Trump is doing managing the crisis, with 47 percent of Americans approving of the way Trump was handling the crisis, down from 55 percent two weeks ago.

Ipsos surveyed 559 adults, and the poll had a margin of error of plus or minus 5.1 percentage points.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281April 3, 2020 6:59 PM

As someone mentioned earlier, 64% of the tests for California have not been processed . Over 59000 samples! To the little bitch here who keeps bragging about the great job that California has done relative to New York, Fuck you. Every region will suffer including my beloved Golden State.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282April 3, 2020 7:13 PM

NBC News @NBCNews · 3m UPDATE: Coronavirus cases in US now surpass 265,000, with 6,762 deaths.

Highest state case totals:

• New York: 102,863

• New Jersey: 29,895

• California: 11,160

• Michigan: 10,791

• Louisiana: 10,297

• Florida: 9,585

• Massachusetts: 8,966

(As of April 3, 1 p.m. ET)

by Anonymousreply 283April 3, 2020 7:14 PM

Guardian- The work of the Reuters news agency in Iraq has been suspended for three months after the outlet reported that the country’s government was underreporting confirmed cases.Reuters was also fined 25 million Iraqi dinars (about £17,000 or $20,800), according to a statement posted on the official Communication and Media Commission website.The Reuters story cited multiple sources who said the government was vastly misreporting cases of coronavirus in the country, saying the true number of those infected was in the thousands. The country’s health ministry said on Friday there were 820 confirmed cases and 54 deaths. The Reuters report said the true number ranged from 3,000 to 9,000

by Anonymousreply 284April 3, 2020 7:29 PM

R282 If California had the sort of infectious rates as NY, we would have already seen the results of it in our hospitals and clinics. But we’re not, not yet anyways and never will hopefully. Our hospitals are not at capacity and that is an index as well for the efficacy of early response. Most people I see in public out here in SF are following guidelines snd now I see a lot more wearing masks. Our public health authorities did better job with this crisis than NY. Not perfect but a little better. I don’t doubt numbers will go up as testing goes up too. They are finally testing healthcare providers more frequently now. Response time here in SF is around 24 hours. I got my results less than that.

by Anonymousreply 285April 3, 2020 7:41 PM

Just block it, r241; he/she adds nothing to the conversation, not to mention the fact that it's not worth the time and effort scrolling past it. I swear, trolls are so fucking tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 286April 3, 2020 7:44 PM

Texas is resisting lockdown and is suppressing tests like Republicans do.

by Anonymousreply 287April 3, 2020 7:44 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't consider the pandemic a war. War is an armed conflict against people.

by Anonymousreply 288April 3, 2020 7:46 PM

Someone actually asked Hancock if it would be OK for families to “have a picnic” in the park.

by Anonymousreply 289April 3, 2020 7:47 PM

Someone actually asked Hancock if it would be OK for families to “have a picnic” in the park.

by Anonymousreply 290April 3, 2020 7:47 PM

Tokyo is bracing itself for a NYC scale outbreak-and they’re far from ready. This thing could be their Godzilla.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291April 3, 2020 7:51 PM

r285 You're right, Cali enacted containment measures early and well. Here's some humor making the rounds...

AMERICA: Oh my god! Coronavirus! What should we do?

CALIFORNIA: Shut down your state.

AMERICA: Wait... what? Why?

CALIFORNIA: Because 40 million people live here and we did it early, and it’s working.

OHIO: Whoa... whoa... let’s not be hasty now. The president said that this whole corona virus thing is a democratic hoax.

CALIFORNIA: He also said that windmills cause cancer. Shut down your state.

TEXAS: But the president said that we only have 15 cases and soon it'll be zero.

CALIFORNIA: The president can’t count to fifteen. Nor even spell it. Shut down your state.

NEW JERSEY: Us too?

CALIFORNIA: Yes, you guys too. Just like when Christie shut down the bridge, but it’s your whole state.

FLORIDA: But what about all these kids here on spring break?? They spend a lot of money here!

CALIFORNIA: Those kids invented the tide pod challenge. Shut down your state.

LOUISIANA: But wait let’s have Mardi Gras first. It entertains people.

CALIFORNIA: It also kills them. Shut it down.

GEORGIA: Ok well how about we keep the state open for all of our mega churches? Maybe we can all pray really hard until the corona virus just goes away!

CALIFORNIA: Which is working like a charm for mass shootings. Jesus told us to tell you to shut down your state.

OKLAHOMA: What about the tigers?

CALIFORNIA: What about a dentist. Shut it down.

WYOMING: Hold up, maybe we should go county by county like the president said.

CALIFORNIA: Stop acting like there are counties in Wyoming. There are no counties in Wyoming. Wyoming is a county. Shut it down.

PENNSYLVANIA: But big coal.

CALIFORNIA: But big death. Shut it.

WEST VIRGINIA: But we were the last state to get coronavirus!

CALIFORNIA: And don’t make us explain to you why that was. Shut it down.

NORTH CAROLINA: But the republican national convention is coming here!

CALIFORNIA: SHUT... ok fine do what you want.

by Anonymousreply 292April 3, 2020 8:07 PM

[quote]Texas is resisting lockdown and is suppressing tests like Republicans do.

This is not true. Everywhere is locked down and people are staying put except to get groceries.

People are staying distanced. This includes hicks in the middle of nowhere.

Where is this proof of Texas resisting lockdown? You don't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 293April 3, 2020 8:13 PM

[quote] OHIO: Whoa... whoa... let’s not be hasty now. The president said that this whole corona virus thing is a democratic hoax.

That part is wrong. Ohio shut down the democratic primary when a court told the governor he couldn't do it because the governor feared the spread of the virus, and he was one of the first to shut down schools and restaurants. There's tons of crappy Republican governors in the south, so let's not trash the one or two who are actually protecting the people in their state.

by Anonymousreply 294April 3, 2020 8:13 PM

You're actually choosing to nitpick about semantics at this point in time, r288?

by Anonymousreply 295April 3, 2020 8:15 PM

r282, one of my friends posted on FB that someone they know that had solid symptoms was told that it would take TWO weeks for them to get their results here in L.A. They could be dead by then.

by Anonymousreply 296April 3, 2020 8:20 PM

258 here. R274. Dear Sylvia, Dear all. The purpose of my post was not in anyway to suggest that the virus is still dangerous after 17 days. It was more to challenge what we think we know about this virus. Like you, I have read the current scientific reports about this virus. Indeed, until now, it is believed that it can not survive on any surface for more than 72 hours in a dangerous form. But this is the information that we have UNTIL now. Maybe later reports with more analysis will have a different result? A lot of the information regarding H1N1, especially regarding the true death count and numbers of infected, was reported several years after the fact based on thorough and exhaustive research. We are not there yet with this virus. The situation is very fluid and we are learning as we go along. So far, we have less than 6 months of data regarding this disease, some of which is highly suspect especially as it relates to China. So I beg all of you, all of us, to please be careful and to remain open to possibilities that are not yet considered or known regarding this awful problem.

by Anonymousreply 297April 3, 2020 8:27 PM

I ignored myself. I feel like I don’t exist.

Help!

by Anonymousreply 298April 3, 2020 8:41 PM

As Florida Evans yelled: "Damn, Damn, Damn"

BBC-As the number of US coronavirus cases continues to rise, the White House has announced it will be testing anyone who will be in close proximity to President Donald Trump or Vice-President Mike Pence for Covid-19, starting today. A White House spokesman said people "will be administered a Covid-19 test to evaluate for pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic carriers

by Anonymousreply 299April 3, 2020 8:43 PM

Chris Hayes: The Pandemic Is Coming For Every State | All In | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300April 3, 2020 8:49 PM

CNN-US stocks closed sharply lower on Friday, following a much worse-than-expected jobs report for March.

CNN-All three major indexes recorded a loss for the week, making it their third down-week in four. Here's where the markets closed:

The Dow closed 361 points, or 1.7%, lower. The S&P 500 closed down 1.5%. The Nasdaq Composite finished down 1.5%.

by Anonymousreply 301April 3, 2020 8:50 PM

Thank you R269 for setting that fear mongering asswipe straight

by Anonymousreply 302April 3, 2020 9:01 PM

Bloomberg:

Germany and France Blame Americans for Playing Dirty Over Masks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303April 3, 2020 9:07 PM

[quote] It was more to challenge what we think we know about this virus - R258 / R274

Tell me this... what basis do you have in education, profession or science to challenge anything established by the medical and scientific community as it goes along? Other than your first amendment rights, because those don’t require a degree.

Cuomo has said fear is as big a problem as the virus. You’re part of the problem when, without credential, you cast aspersion or doubt or what ifs about the science. Now God knows you’re not the only one on this board but you are among those ignoring a responsibility in a panic like this to choose your words and observations very carefully. There’s a lot of people I wish would think about their words for at least as long as they’ve learned to wash their hands.

by Anonymousreply 304April 3, 2020 9:07 PM

[quote] It was more to challenge what we think we know about this virus - R258 / R274

Tell me this... what basis do you have in education, profession or science to challenge anything established by the medical and scientific community as it goes along? Other than your first amendment rights, because those don’t require a degree.

Cuomo has said fear is as big a problem as the virus. You’re part of the problem when, without credential, you cast aspersion or doubt or what ifs about the science. Now God knows you’re not the only one on this board but you are among those ignoring a responsibility in a panic like this to choose your words and observations very carefully. There’s a lot of people I wish would think about their words for at least as long as they’ve learned to wash their hands.

by Anonymousreply 305April 3, 2020 9:07 PM

[quote]Texas is resisting lockdown and is suppressing tests like Republicans do.

You pulled that out of your ass. We're under a statewide stay-at-home order with closings of non-essential businesses, just like every other state that is under "lockdown". Some areas have been under local stay-at-home orders for a couple of weeks now. Schools are closed statewide until May 4 at least.

by Anonymousreply 306April 3, 2020 9:23 PM

R306 people are still out and can’t get tests. Fuck off, Frisco Frau.

by Anonymousreply 307April 3, 2020 9:34 PM

GOP Governor's Stupidity Leaves World Speechless

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308April 3, 2020 9:36 PM

How is that any different than any other state, R307? This isn't unique to Texas.

This picture is supposedly from the NYC subway yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309April 3, 2020 10:06 PM

Too little, too late, R306.

by Anonymousreply 310April 3, 2020 10:07 PM

Trump just doubled down on the idea that the stockpile of medical supplies held by the government is NOT for most citizens, it's just for "the federal government." Which we are paying for.

by Anonymousreply 311April 3, 2020 10:19 PM

[quote]Trump just doubled down on the idea that the stockpile of medical supplies held by the government is NOT for most citizens, it's just for "the federal government." Which we are paying for.

Yeah, Kushner is monetizing everything he can find in a govt. warehouse. He's their bag man. Hope he finds the Ark and opens it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312April 3, 2020 10:23 PM

French doctors blasted for saying coronavirus vaccines should be tested in Africa

Two French doctors have been blasted for racism after one of them suggested trialing a tuberculosis vaccine in Africa to determine whether it could combat the coronavirus, according to a new report.

The comments came during a debate on the French TV channel LCI, the BBC reported. Camille Locht, head of research at the Inserm health research group, had mentioned conducting a trial of the BCG vaccine in Europe and Australia.

“If I can be provocative,” responded Jean-Paul Mira, head of intensive care at Cochin Hospital in Paris, “shouldn’t we be doing this study in Africa, where there are no masks, no treatments, no resuscitation?”

“A bit like as it is done elsewhere for some studies on AIDS,” the doctor added, according to the report.

“In prostitutes, we try things because we know that they are highly exposed and that they do not protect themselves.”

Mira had earlier suggested that the study might not work as planned on health care workers in Europe and Australia, because they have access to personal protective equipment, guarding them from the contagion.

“You are right,” Locht responded.

We are in the process of thinking about a study in parallel in Africa,” he said, referencing the studies underway in other continents.

Two former soccer players in Africa blasted the doctors for their comments.

It is totally inconceivable we keep on cautioning this,” Didier Drogba tweeted. “Africa isn’t a testing lab. I would like to vividly denounce those demeaning, false and most of all deeply racist words.”

“Africa is not your playing ground,” Samuel Eto’o wrote on Instagram.

But in a statement obtained by the BBC, Inserm said the recorded debate was “the subject of erroneous interpretations.”

Clinical trials to test the efficacy of the BCG vaccine against COVID-19 are… about to be launched in European countries and in Australia,” it said.

“If there is indeed a reflection around a deployment in Africa, it would be done in parallel with these. Africa must not be forgotten or excluded from research because the pandemic is global.”

More than 7,000 coronavirus cases, and 290 deaths have been confirmed in Africa — though there are concerns many more have been infected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313April 3, 2020 10:30 PM

[quote] Trump just doubled down on the idea that the stockpile of medical supplies held by the government is NOT for most citizens, it's just for "the federal government." Which we are paying for.

This morning, they altered the website of the Strategic National Stockpile to make it conform to Jared Kushner's description. It used to have a sentence about how states can request federal assistance from the stockpile. Now that sentence is gone.

It's the whole Sharpie thing again -- rather than admit you're wrong, simply rewrite history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314April 3, 2020 10:31 PM

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Union Rescue Mission, which serves Skid Row's massive homeless population, reported a staff member was hospitalized with COVID-19.

The mission says the worker is on a ventilator at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center but has shown signs of improvement. It's the first confirmed case of coronavirus on Skid Row.

About 100 people on the mission's third floor - which houses a live-in rehabilitation program and is where the employee lives - are being quarantined. Several others were sent to a quarantine facility set up at a beach RV park.

The mission's executive director said despite the positive test, they will never turn away those in need.

"I am not, and we are not, gonna let people suffer on the streets," Rev. Andy Bales said. "We will never turn our back on people who come to use. We will never lock our front door on people in need."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315April 3, 2020 10:43 PM

Author Patricia Bosworth has died from COVID-19.

by Anonymousreply 316April 3, 2020 10:57 PM

Link, sorry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317April 3, 2020 10:57 PM

R314

I believe Americans are good enough at multi-tasking to be able to deal with this pandemic and also ready the gallows for these cretins.

by Anonymousreply 318April 3, 2020 11:00 PM

R316 Montgomery Clift's revenge.

by Anonymousreply 319April 3, 2020 11:10 PM

There is something very wrong in NYC. The comfort and Javits center are not full...supposed to be for non-virus patients. I heard from this old lady who has an infected leg, she also has MS...she called 911 and they can't help her. She went to Lenox Hill and they refused her, referred her to a city hospital where she would have to wait 2 days in the ER. (what she told me). She also called Dept of health...I didn't get all the details but she wasn't able to get medical attention, her leg is messed up, her blood pressure shoots up to 200 with a temperature. I see her in my neighborhood, and I talk to her once in a while ( i think she's homeless). I didn't get all the details coz she coughed on me twice yesterday...I walked away soon after that.

I feel bad for all those with non-virus related health problems right now...

by Anonymousreply 320April 3, 2020 11:17 PM

Holy shit the Repug governor of Iowa is one fucking arrogant dumb bitch ... she doesn't want to issue a statewide stay at home order and says that Dr. Fauci "maybe doesn't have all the information".... he is the ONE PERSON who has all the information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321April 3, 2020 11:19 PM

I can’t believe we ever thought Jared Kushner would save us from this mess. Well, some of us thought it. I guess we were already that desperate.

by Anonymousreply 322April 3, 2020 11:20 PM

Trump and Kushner have been giving our medical supplies to Russia, Israel and the Saudis. And now Kushner is mad because we think our hospitals need their supplies. He thinks they are his, do give as gifts.

by Anonymousreply 323April 3, 2020 11:21 PM

What happened to the old days when we tested experimental drugs on jailbirds ?

by Anonymousreply 324April 3, 2020 11:25 PM

Kushner knows better than Cuomo about what the front lines need, although Cuomo has direct knowledge, and is, well, actually there?

Remember, during impeachment, the Repugs rejected all testimony because it wasn't directly known by a witness?

But now, Kushner , from the comfort of his taxpayer paid office in DC knows better than Cuomo.

by Anonymousreply 325April 3, 2020 11:26 PM

[quote]R316 Author Patricia Bosworth has died from COVID-19.

Awwww. She wrote the definitive biographies on Diane Arbus and Montgomery Clift [bold]: (

by Anonymousreply 326April 3, 2020 11:31 PM

⏳ CORONA TIME - APRIL 3 - 7:30 PM EST

🌈 FIND A RAINBOW DAY

🌐 GLOBAL

CASES: 1,096,681

DEATHS: 59,128

CRITICAL: 39,405

🇺🇸 UNITED STATES

CASES: 276,037

DEATHS: 7,385

CRITICAL: 5,787

by Anonymousreply 327April 3, 2020 11:32 PM

This is cool. Tunis, of all places!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328April 3, 2020 11:38 PM

So sick of this paranoid hysteria shit. We're not even going to hit the average for regular flu deaths for 2020. It's the usual victims (old and/or infirm) but the media is just fanning it to death.

by Anonymousreply 329April 3, 2020 11:41 PM

This is a good article about all the variables that go into predictions about COVID19 statistics. The bottom line is we really don’t know much at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330April 3, 2020 11:42 PM

My Glimmer of Hope was Trump declaring that he wasn't planning on wearing a face mask because it wouldn't look right for the man greeting worldwide leaders in the Beautiful Oval Office to wear a face mask. "Just not a good look for me."

If we're lucky, the rest of the family will follow in Daddy Dearest's footsteps.

by Anonymousreply 331April 3, 2020 11:43 PM

R329, you’re free to go playing in traffic.

by Anonymousreply 332April 3, 2020 11:53 PM

Christopher Cross has tested positive "Worse Illness I Ever Had"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333April 3, 2020 11:54 PM

R329 is posting from the first thread.

by Anonymousreply 334April 4, 2020 12:00 AM

So, I found out that I am shortly to be pulled from my speciality (I'm not telling, but you'd probably guess it correctly) to help with COVID patients because we've gotten swamped. Not next week. Week after.

To tell you the truth, I'm very scared. Viruses and my RA treatment do not play well together. But it's what has to happen.

by Anonymousreply 335April 4, 2020 12:03 AM

(R329) My thoughts exactly. The regular flu kills many more people each year, and we don't shut down our economy for that every year.

by Anonymousreply 336April 4, 2020 12:06 AM

If I understand the past two days’ press conferences, the Trump Administration is releasing medical supplies from the federal stockpile to private contractors, so that these private contractors can sell the supplies to individual states. In effect, taxpayers are paying twice for these items. Can this possibly be happening?

by Anonymousreply 337April 4, 2020 12:09 AM

Best wishes on staying safe during your redeployment R335 Voice of the Night.

by Anonymousreply 338April 4, 2020 12:16 AM

The man guidelines are sketchy. This means they have a contagion but are not on top of it.

Who would deliver food during an outbreak and sign her name? Jessica Chastain. That is a personal injury lawyers dream.

The Zandaam got a green light during a CAA pitch. Stay strong

by Anonymousreply 339April 4, 2020 12:17 AM

Mask guidance- sketch

by Anonymousreply 340April 4, 2020 12:18 AM

I don't understand what's happening. Jessica Chastain now works for Instacart to keep busy? What?

by Anonymousreply 341April 4, 2020 12:20 AM

Sigh. They fucked-up by saying young/er, healthy people can't die from it. Since that messaging, many people (under 60 without underlying conditions) aren't practicing social distancing or any one precaution - and are putting themselves and others at risk. Such people are not going to suddenly start worrying about strangers on the street.

by Anonymousreply 342April 4, 2020 12:23 AM

Is DL broken?

by Anonymousreply 343April 4, 2020 12:24 AM

Is DL broken?

by Anonymousreply 344April 4, 2020 12:24 AM

Can't believe we still get dumbasses like R329 and R336 on thread fucking 30. Please let them be trolls.

by Anonymousreply 345April 4, 2020 12:27 AM

Go back to the first thread about the coronavirus R345. There were a lot of people in denial of the severity of the coronavirus.

by Anonymousreply 346April 4, 2020 12:29 AM

Please keep in mind that all these Doctors , Virologists, WHO,CFDC. All these experts are only working with the knowledge we CURRENTLY have on COVID-19. This information could change very quickly. As a eldergay I'm reminded about all the bullshit "experts" touted in the early days of HIV. This incorrect information cost many people their lives.

by Anonymousreply 347April 4, 2020 12:31 AM

Hi Voice,

drag your tired, overworked, underprotected ass and fingers to a keyboard and check in with us, once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 348April 4, 2020 12:31 AM

R309: Fuck! And THAT is why NYC has the highest number of cases and deaths in the country....

by Anonymousreply 349April 4, 2020 12:35 AM

Lol it was 82 yesterday, and today we had a high of 38.

[Quote] Winter came back like "IF YALL DONT SIT YOUR ASS IN THE HOUSE"

by Anonymousreply 350April 4, 2020 12:39 AM

Here’s a comparison

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351April 4, 2020 12:54 AM

Here’s another comparison:

CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season.

Coronavirus statistics as of this morning:

Global cases: 1,083,084 Deaths: 58,243

USA Cases: 266, 671 Deaths: 6921

The Coronavirus figures are for about three months, since there were no Coronavirus tests available before that. Also not including China understating their cases or under testing in the U.S. or other places due to no tests available.

by Anonymousreply 352April 4, 2020 1:02 AM

Scary story! Lady coughed on a bus. This guy complained about it. Got sick 4 days later. Just died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353April 4, 2020 1:19 AM

USA: 32,000 new cases and 1300 new deaths - TODAY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354April 4, 2020 1:23 AM

[quote] So sick of this paranoid hysteria shit. We're not even going to hit the average for regular flu deaths for 2020.

We've already doubled the worst-ever daily death tolls from the regular flu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355April 4, 2020 1:32 AM

Ok, this is through the grapevine, but I thought you all might be interested.

I just texted my aunt and asked if her state was under stay at home orders (mine just issued it) and she said no. She then said that my cousin had just told her that the wedding she was to attend in October in ATL was cancelled. Apparently, the bride and groom have a friend who works for the CDC and they said that after the 2 week stay at home order was up...that they will extend it to 24 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 356April 4, 2020 1:35 AM

R356: 24 weeks is too much! That's 6 months. 12 weeks (3 months) is more realistic. Through June.

by Anonymousreply 357April 4, 2020 1:38 AM

I know. That is mind blowing to me.

by Anonymousreply 358April 4, 2020 1:42 AM

R357 went to a crowded store to stock up on wine. I don't think we should listen to him.

by Anonymousreply 359April 4, 2020 1:46 AM

COVID-19 may alter the way Caitlyn will be celebrating Sophia's birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360April 4, 2020 1:48 AM

Have there been any pictures or video of people while they're sick?

by Anonymousreply 361April 4, 2020 1:48 AM

For those who cling to the flu versus coronavirus stats--you realize we have the number of coronavirus deaths with most of the country staying in? And the flu stats happen in our old normal world? If we were still living in that world, the coronvirus death stats most likely be higher. There have been projections as high as 2 million deaths without any intervention at all. Would that convince you it's not just the flu?

by Anonymousreply 362April 4, 2020 1:50 AM

This is the slowest moving car crash ever.

by Anonymousreply 363April 4, 2020 1:52 AM

This is the slowest moving car crash ever.

by Anonymousreply 364April 4, 2020 1:52 AM

If nothing more is done to stymie this pandemic in the US the death toll could well reach seven figures before it's done.

by Anonymousreply 365April 4, 2020 1:53 AM

R365: Yes, the stats are scary! I can't tear my eyes way from worldometers today vs yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 366April 4, 2020 1:56 AM

If you're obese, you can definitely lose 25lbs in two weeks on a bariatric diet (three Premier Protein shakes and 4-oz nonfat protein such as water packed tuna or chicken breast on leafy greens, water, broth, and crystal light. YES, obviously, if you go right back to eating ice cream, Cheez-its, etc you'll gain it all back, but if you transition from the liquid diet to a very low carb, lean diet under 1,100 calories a day, you'll continue to lose weight.

If you lost 50lbs in the next three months, it could save your life if you get COVID-19.

It's not like you're pressured to go out to eat and drink with friends right now, and you won't even be leaving the house for awhile, so you aren't going to be sucked into the candy aisle or pizza cooler any time soon, so why not?

by Anonymousreply 367April 4, 2020 1:58 AM

[quote]R367 three Premier Protein shakes

Like, Slimfast?

by Anonymousreply 368April 4, 2020 2:02 AM

Eating under 1000 calories a day is starvation. No one can stick to that

by Anonymousreply 369April 4, 2020 2:04 AM

Damn, r356!

by Anonymousreply 370April 4, 2020 2:06 AM

[quote]And I'm the only person around to hook him up to a respirator, if, and when, I get around to finding one.

R241, are you implying that you're a healthcare worker? If so, you might want to sort out the difference between a respirator and a ventilator before you go, uh, throwing your weight around.

by Anonymousreply 371April 4, 2020 2:07 AM

R309 That photo of the NYC subway is real and the link is ABC news. Cuomo is delivering his press conferences with that shit going on. Incredible how the press is fawning all over him.

by Anonymousreply 372April 4, 2020 2:07 AM

More extreme lockdowns are coming.

by Anonymousreply 373April 4, 2020 2:08 AM

How do you know, r373?

by Anonymousreply 374April 4, 2020 2:11 AM

R356, 24 weeks is like 6 years!

by Anonymousreply 375April 4, 2020 2:16 AM

My cousin is a plumber, and said his boss told the employees he was going to apply for a small business loan and pay off his house, and would work his employees until they were sick, then he'd let them go.

I don't believe he can actually do that, but my cousin said his boss was being completely serious.

by Anonymousreply 376April 4, 2020 2:17 AM

What makes you think he can't do that, R376?

Of course he can.

by Anonymousreply 377April 4, 2020 2:18 AM

I wish the House would open an investigation into Kushner. It wouldn't shock me if he and Trump were somehow personally profiting off of coronavirus

by Anonymousreply 378April 4, 2020 2:21 AM

R356, Maybe the original info was "2 to 4 weeks", and became 24 weeks after traveling through the grapevine. I am going to hope that's what happened.

by Anonymousreply 379April 4, 2020 2:21 AM

All In with Chris Hayes 4/3/20[NEW] | MSNBC News Today April 3, 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380April 4, 2020 2:26 AM

Most flu strains are new. This is not a new virus. What's new is that the previously isolated Yunnan-Myanmar border region has opened up and joined our world. Go check their blood and find out how they have learned to coexist with coronaviruses. The danger is that if it finds a natural reservoir in American bats we'll never be rid of it.

by Anonymousreply 381April 4, 2020 2:30 AM

[quote] friend who works for the CDC and they said that after the 2 week stay at home order was up...that they will extend it to 24 weeks

Their nosy friend obvioulsy misheard it. they will extend it "to 4" weeks.

by Anonymousreply 382April 4, 2020 2:31 AM

Yes, R335/VOTN, please take extra care, and listen to Della: check in with us when you can. I feel like I "know" you a bit, after all of these years, and I will worry for you and your co workers. (thank you)

by Anonymousreply 383April 4, 2020 2:32 AM

R377, I meant that his boss can't use the loan that is apart of the stimulus package to pay off his home. At least 75% of the loans have to be used for payroll, and the rest is for rent and utilities, if small businesses want loan forgiveness.

My cousin has small children and a wife. He doesn't want to get sick, but he also needs the paycheck. If his boss is going to fire them anyway, why can't he do it now instead of after his workers get sick? Let them go, let them file for unemployment, and let them shelter at home with their families.

by Anonymousreply 384April 4, 2020 2:37 AM

Four weeks is nothing. 24 makes much more sense.

Going to be damned difficult fiscally.

by Anonymousreply 385April 4, 2020 2:37 AM

I wouldn’t risk it VOTN, you could die on those meds if you get this.

by Anonymousreply 386April 4, 2020 2:38 AM

How do you get the free Sirius ? My car radio doesn’t have it.

by Anonymousreply 387April 4, 2020 2:41 AM

If I can't get a haircut for 24 more weeks, I'm gonna look like I should be in that band Nelson.

by Anonymousreply 388April 4, 2020 2:42 AM

[quote]I wouldn’t risk it VOTN, you could die on those meds if you get this.

Believe me, i know. But they're also looking at a different biologic as a treatment for the cytokine storm. Granted, that works on IL-6, not TNF-A, like mine does. I'm going to call my rheumatologist on Monday and see what she thinks I should do.

by Anonymousreply 389April 4, 2020 2:47 AM

Can you use methrotrexate?

by Anonymousreply 390April 4, 2020 2:53 AM

R346 People listened to the advice of experts like Dr. Fauci in late January. Dr. Fauci said this on January 26 ""The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It's a very, very low risk to the United States," Dr. Fauci said on The CATS Roundtable. "It isn't something that the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about." It's on audio and also interviews around that time and after that time. This from the director of NIAID, an infectious disease expert. He was still following China's reassurance that the virus wasn't capable of human-human transmission.

Those in the medical community can only follow guidelines and advice from trusted authorities such as NIAID and CDC. Though most knew it was a real possibility if not a probability that information from China was false. Once it spread to nations outside of China then even the WHO had to admit to human-human transmission. What experts did not expect was quickness of spread in pockets of outbreak. Now we know the virus is highly communicable, perhaps somewhere between the flu and measles. Not to the level of measles where 9 out of 10 people in contact with infected individuals get it, but it's obvious that the SARS-CoV-19 virus is not spread by just droplets. On the other hand, those freaking out in the earlier threads were not basing it off of any science but a dose of suspicion and little else.

by Anonymousreply 391April 4, 2020 2:55 AM

SINGAPORE:

Singapore moves to close most workplaces and impose full home-based learning for schools.

Food establishments, markets and supermarkets, clinics, hospitals, utilities, transport and key banking services will remain open.

The Government will no longer discourage people from wearing masks. From Sunday, the Government will distribute reusable masks to all households.

So far, there has been a total of 5 death from coronavirus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392April 4, 2020 2:57 AM

Why has there been such a delay in the virus showing up in Singapore and Japan, etc.? I mean, they are really close geographically to China. Was it lack of international travel? I wouldn't think so with places like Tokyo. I can't believe we didn't shut travel down way sooner. Hell, we're still letting people in. Fucking useless feds.

by Anonymousreply 393April 4, 2020 3:01 AM

Trump using this opportunity to fire Michael Atkinson, the Intelligence Community Inspector General. He was the one who received the whistleblower complaint and notified Congress that led to impeachment

by Anonymousreply 394April 4, 2020 3:03 AM

R391, they were asking on Reddit why people started freaking out. The consensus of opinion was that some people were following Chinese activists on twitter or some other source. When those activists described the Chinese welding people into their apartment buildings, or at first they were boarding up doors to people’s homes, or descriptions of Chinese doctors and nurses getting sick in large numbers, or people dropping dead in the street, they started paying attention. I think it was the extremity of the reaction by the Chinese government. Early videos showed things like barricading roads with dump trucks of dirt. One famous Chinese activist was moving from one hotel room to another, talking about things he’d seen. He knew he was about to be arrested. Eventually he disappeared.

Those Chinese activists, including doctors, alerted the world. They are heroes.

People on Reddit started prepping after they saw some of the smuggled footage of roads being barricaded. People knew the Chinese government reaction was abnormal. That’s all they needed to know.

They judged the seriousness not by the data, which they knew wasn’t reliable, but by the reaction. They knew the Chinese government knew what was happening, even if they weren’t telling anybody.

by Anonymousreply 395April 4, 2020 3:09 AM

It's almost all blue states, so far, that are hit the hardest right now while Kushner and Co. are withholding supplies. They are saving them to send to the red states when they get hit. Louisiana's governor kissed Trump's ass last week on a phone call and got over a hundred ventilators.

They should be publicly executed when all of this is over.

by Anonymousreply 396April 4, 2020 3:11 AM

Word is starting to get out that they expect food shortages soon. I knew it was only a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 397April 4, 2020 3:14 AM

I would not doubt the 24 week lockdown

Takes awhile to restructure the entire system and get all the new laws in place.

I love all you Queens, who aren't questioning for a minute what they're doing well the whole world is locked in their houses.

by Anonymousreply 398April 4, 2020 3:14 AM

Word from whom? Who is "they"?

by Anonymousreply 399April 4, 2020 3:14 AM

I would not doubt the 24 week lockdown

Takes awhile to restructure the entire system and get all the new laws in place.

I love all you Queens, who aren't questioning for a minute what they're doing well the whole world is locked in their houses.

by Anonymousreply 400April 4, 2020 3:14 AM

I think they are holding back and kind of guiding us into the worst case scenario. Which is the best case scenario. They just don't want mass panic.

by Anonymousreply 401April 4, 2020 3:16 AM

But for AMPLE news reporting of the deaths around the world, I might give R400 a moment of time. But it's clear what is going on. And it's not global takeover by the Illuminati.

by Anonymousreply 402April 4, 2020 3:17 AM

I found this story to be quite sad. Public transportation bus drivers and their safety are being ignored quite a bit during this crisis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403April 4, 2020 3:18 AM

R393 Singapore is very aggressive. They have been tracing all cases since the first person was diagnosed. Travel advisory/restriction and mandatory quarantine began not even a week after the first case.

by Anonymousreply 404April 4, 2020 3:21 AM

Plannedemic

by Anonymousreply 405April 4, 2020 3:21 AM

Care to elaborate R397?

by Anonymousreply 406April 4, 2020 3:22 AM

[quote]Word is starting to get out that they expect food shortages soon.

Post a link from a reputable source or STFU, rumormongering troll.

by Anonymousreply 407April 4, 2020 3:22 AM

I’m not that person, but here’s one. In Europe, closing the borders means shutting foreign farm workers out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408April 4, 2020 3:24 AM

There haven't been food shortages in other countries and the one thing America does produce is food. Especially now that growing season is starting in the Midwest. And, the European countries residents don't stock their fridges, etc., with food like we do in America. They shop a little at a time and they haven't run out.

by Anonymousreply 409April 4, 2020 3:24 AM

[quote]Singapore is very aggressive. They have been tracing all cases since the first person was diagnosed. Travel advisory/restriction and mandatory quarantine began not even a week after the first case.

As did South Korea. Their methods would never fly in western democracies though, which is why Europe and the US are getting hammered.

by Anonymousreply 410April 4, 2020 3:25 AM

I was at Walmart yesterday and Target today and slowly it is starting to look normal concerning food supply, at least in the frozen foods.

by Anonymousreply 411April 4, 2020 3:25 AM

My point about Singapore and Tokyo, though, is that they are only now implementing public shutdowns. It seems like if trouble is starting there now, it should have started there earlier just based on proximity to the epicenter. Just like Europe was hit about a week or so before the US.

by Anonymousreply 412April 4, 2020 3:27 AM

This article cites in part that closed restaurants affects farmers having a market and is going to result in higher prices. Also, they say wheat and similar crops can be harvested by machines, but organic crops and certain fruits take hand picking, and the workers have to be far apart, so less workers can be allowed in the fields. This slows harvesting down and means a lot of rot for certain fruits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413April 4, 2020 3:28 AM

Also, all the food that was going to restaurants until now is being put in the household consumer pipeline.

by Anonymousreply 414April 4, 2020 3:28 AM

[quote]Word is starting to get out that they expect food shortages soon. I knew it was only a matter of time.

Provide a link from a legit source or go fuck yourself.

Italy, the worst hit country has no food shortages. The US won't either.

by Anonymousreply 415April 4, 2020 3:30 AM

r415

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416April 4, 2020 3:32 AM

Coronavirus may cause some food shortages, warns government task force

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417April 4, 2020 3:32 AM

R397 THE WORLD IS ENDING SO I FINALLY GOT A HARD ON!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418April 4, 2020 3:40 AM

Call me heartless but I'm cheering this virus on to kill all of the breeders that take up too much space and resources.

by Anonymousreply 419April 4, 2020 3:41 AM

If people didn't breed R419 where would you have someone to fuck?

by Anonymousreply 420April 4, 2020 3:43 AM

You mean like your parents did when they created you, R419? Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 421April 4, 2020 3:43 AM

How has Africa remained relatively unscathed? No testing?

by Anonymousreply 422April 4, 2020 3:46 AM

Maybe you’ve seen this, but it’s cute and well done so here it is. A family sings a parody of Les Miserables about being stuck at home during the Coronavirus epidemic. It’s pretty on the nose, from shopping online to being stuck at home bored all day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423April 4, 2020 3:48 AM

Walmarts in my area are limiting the number of customers in the store at one time.

by Anonymousreply 424April 4, 2020 3:54 AM

R422 Africans generally have a higher immunity that's why they were used as slaves

by Anonymousreply 425April 4, 2020 4:00 AM

Africans apparently won’t begin to be substantially infected for a few months.

by Anonymousreply 426April 4, 2020 4:02 AM

I imagine Jared Kushner has a smooth mound of flesh where his male genitalia should be—like a Ken doll. What a revolting character.

by Anonymousreply 427April 4, 2020 4:04 AM

⏳ CORONA TIME - APRIL 4 - 12:15 AM EST

🤥 NATIONAL TELL A LIE DAY

🌐 GLOBAL

CASES: 1,098,762

DEATHS: 59,172

CRITICAL: 39,391

🇺🇸 UNITED STATES

CASES: 277,467

DEATHS: 7,402

CRITICAL: 5787

by Anonymousreply 428April 4, 2020 4:12 AM

⏳ CORONA TIME - APRIL 4 - 12:15 AM EST

🌐 GLOBAL

CASES: 1,098,762

DEATHS: 59,172

CRITICAL: 39,391

🇺🇸 UNITED STATES

CASES: 277,467

DEATHS: 7,402

CRITICAL: 5787

by Anonymousreply 429April 4, 2020 4:12 AM

I thought Jared Kushner was a Ken Doll. “Ken and his friend Jared!”

by Anonymousreply 430April 4, 2020 4:13 AM

Jared Kushnikov, Russia Double Agent Spy Doll *

* [italic]Vodka & Potato Latkes Not Included

by Anonymousreply 431April 4, 2020 4:22 AM

OMG, CNN interviewed a bunch of religious fanatics in Cincinnati who are defending their decision to congregate. One woman said she is fine because she is "bathed in Jesus' blood"

by Anonymousreply 432April 4, 2020 4:41 AM

Who is this Jessica Chastsin person?

She sounds obnoxious

by Anonymousreply 433April 4, 2020 4:42 AM

You sound like an idiot R433.

by Anonymousreply 434April 4, 2020 4:44 AM

r432, those people sound as dumb as the Hobby Lobby guy

by Anonymousreply 435April 4, 2020 4:48 AM

R433 Do you always refer to people who perform acts of kindness as "obnoxious?"

When's the last time you did something nice for someone?

by Anonymousreply 436April 4, 2020 4:59 AM

Here’s a list of tv channels that are offering content free for non-subscribers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437April 4, 2020 5:01 AM

If I were a casual observer that wondered into Datalounge I wouldn't think too highly of our community.

by Anonymousreply 438April 4, 2020 5:01 AM

I saw that, R432. If there is any justice in this world, somebody in that congregation will give it to the rest of them. Selfish, awful people. Anderson interviewed a clergyman after that and even he said it was selfish.

by Anonymousreply 439April 4, 2020 5:03 AM

I posted before R438 people need to check with their local cable company. I got a deal where I have around 6 premium channels all for $10/month for a year. Showtime is offer free programing for around a month, as I recall.

by Anonymousreply 440April 4, 2020 5:04 AM

The first times I took this virus seriously was reading on the DL in January that the Chinese were welding doors in buildings so people couldn't get out AND the report back from a friend of a friend who attended a CDC luncheon/meeting in DC on a Monday where the CDC was estimating the numbers of Chinese deaths to be more like in the tens or hundreds of thousands at that point. I think this predated these CV threads.

by Anonymousreply 441April 4, 2020 5:05 AM

R381 Can you elaborate?

How have they learned to live with this?

by Anonymousreply 442April 4, 2020 5:06 AM

R440, what cable company do you have? I called Cox and they weren’t willing to do much for me.

by Anonymousreply 443April 4, 2020 5:09 AM

[quote]People on Reddit started prepping after they saw some of the smuggled footage of roads being barricaded. People knew the Chinese government reaction was abnormal. That’s all they needed to know. They judged the seriousness not by the data, which they knew wasn’t reliable, but by the reaction. They knew the Chinese government knew what was happening, even if they weren’t telling anybody.

Exactly, R395. Based on the Chinese government's actions (not their official story), and the ability to grasp exponential growth, intelligent people everywhere saw this coming. Willful ignorance of the facts would not provide the rest of the world—particularly the West—with immunity, as so many have tired to deny and dismiss the severity of this crisis. The world as we knew it is effectively dead.

by Anonymousreply 444April 4, 2020 5:17 AM

Cox R443. This was on 3/27 or 3/28 when I called about a problem. At the end of the conversation the rep offered around 6 premium stations for only 10 bucks a month. They generally work with you. I know Showtime is free right now. Just call them and ask why someone is getting 6+ premium stations for $10/month and how you can get that deal.

by Anonymousreply 445April 4, 2020 5:18 AM

R444 .. Maybe it won’t be all bad? The world may never be the same, but maybe it can be better? Suddenly we have thr will to find housing for the unhoused, elderly are being checked in on, food pantries being set up no questions asked, UHC will have a good chance of moving forward, Less war with other countries?

Maybe I am naïve and too idealistic. I know we are in thr middle or rather the beginning of the bad. WE have a selfish, conniving shit head at the helm. It seems hopeless.

My Nan was born in 1921. Her parents lived through the Spanish flu, and her Dad fought in WWI. She herself went through WWII .. we can survive and make a more positive world.

I have read some very depressing conspiracies.

by Anonymousreply 446April 4, 2020 5:29 AM

I think WWII would have been a terrifying time, especially for those who lived in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 447April 4, 2020 5:33 AM

[quote] I just texted my aunt and asked if her state was under stay at home orders (mine just issued it) and she said no. She then said that my cousin had just told her that the wedding she was to attend in October in ATL was cancelled. Apparently, the bride and groom have a friend who works for the CDC and they said that after the 2 week stay at home order was up...that they will extend it to 24 weeks.

Here's why this story is complete bullshit. No bride would cancel her wedding on an unsubstantiated rumor, especially a wedding that was six months away. So go fuck off with your trolling bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 448April 4, 2020 5:55 AM

You didn't do fuck all to help us when we were being decimated. Why should we care about you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449April 4, 2020 6:06 AM

[quote]My landlord just raised my rent per annual rate allowed in SF. What fucking asshole.

There was a freeze on raising rents in L.A. County. Check to see if it was a state-wide decree.

by Anonymousreply 450April 4, 2020 6:38 AM

R414

That’s not how supply chains work.

by Anonymousreply 451April 4, 2020 6:39 AM

The news tonight said the maker of Corona Beer was killing the brand. Say good-bye to Corona Beer. Buy one now if you want a souvenir.

by Anonymousreply 452April 4, 2020 6:56 AM

R448, I could see it if the bride has elderly grandparents she wants at her wedding and they’re in poor health. Plus a lot of hotels and travel arrangements are cancelling for free.

I could see someone deciding to bite the bullet sooner rather than later, especially if they’re not going to lose much money. There have been cases recently of family gatherings where the elders have caught Coronavirus and died. Maybe the bride and groom were thinking about cancelling already.

There was a story in CNN today of a woman doing a big birthday party for her elderly mother. The mother’s best friend died of Coronavirus after the party, the mother and husband both got it but survived, and something like 17 people total got it. I think two died. They were mostly old people because the mother was very old. The carrier was the asymptomatic daughter who killed her own mother’s best friend.

Considering there are a lot of elderly people at weddings, I would think anybody that isn’t eloping would want to cancel at this point.

by Anonymousreply 453April 4, 2020 7:36 AM

[quote]she is "bathed in Jesus' blood"

Pics please. No Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 454April 4, 2020 8:21 AM

CNN-India has reported its biggest single-day jump in new coronavirus cases, with 601 in the past day representing a 26% rise, according to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The country now has 3,082 cases and 86 deaths, according to figures from Johns Hopkins University. The surge in cases has been linked to a religious gathering held at a New Delhi mosque in March, a senior health ministry official said. People from across India and overseas had gathered for the event.

by Anonymousreply 455April 4, 2020 8:44 AM

I have an active RN license, and I registered to volunteer in my state and a neighboring one. I feel guilty because part of me hopes I don’t get contacted. I’m worried about lack of proper PPE and infecting my partner, but it doesn’t feel right to sit at home and do nothing to help. Sorry for the personal post. I’m just conflicted.

by Anonymousreply 456April 4, 2020 9:11 AM

Update for Belgium. +140 deaths (1283 total). +1661 cases (18431 total).

by Anonymousreply 457April 4, 2020 9:16 AM

BBC-After three weeks under lockdown, Spain has reported 809 further deaths in the past 24 hours, bringing to 11,744 the number of fatalities in the outbreak. So far 124,736 have been infected, which is now more than in Italy. Spain is looking for the pandemic to stabilise and the number of deaths has fallen below 900 for the first time in three days.

by Anonymousreply 458April 4, 2020 9:48 AM

Only 1,000 people, but interesting nonetheless. My translation is not the best but the numbers are accurate to the article.

Cases of COVID-19 in Lombardy, and Italy in general, are at least ten but more likely one-hundred times higher than the official numbers as those mainly refer to cases severe enough to require hospitalization. Between March 27-30, epidemiologists surveyed 1,000 people bewteen 18 and 85, from all areas and socioeconomic groups. 169 were from Lombardy. They were questioned about known COVID-19 symptoms such as such as fever, headaches, cold, cough, and gastrointestinal problems.

In the last three weeks, 18.3 percent of those from Lombardy reported symptoms common to COVID-19, with 3% having fevers higher than 38.5 degrees — significantly higher than the rest of the country. In Italy 14.4% reported symptoms and 1.5% had high fevers. The groups most affected were women, young people, smokers, and those wiht higher educations.

Although flu season was over by March 7, some of hte symptoms may have been caused by other viral infections. It is possible, though, that most of the symptoms and the majority of fevers above 38.5 degrees in March were due to COVID-19. If only half of the reported symptoms are due to COVID-9, about 10% of Lombardy's population and 8% of Italy's would have been infected in the three weeks prior to the survey.

Even ignoring the asymptomatic cases, COVID-19 affected a portion of the population higher by an order of magnitude perhaps even double the official numbers. "We've come to estimate that there may be five-, ten-, or even twenty-million infected in Italy if the asymptomatic cases were numerous. The discouraging part is that in all of our estimates we are still not close to reaching herd immunity, and it will still take time to arrive at zero cases."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459April 4, 2020 10:11 AM

R447 it was, as was WWI. My Nan told me of the air raids, seeing buildings boned, She lost her first husband in combat, my bio granddad. Her Dad had sheil shock or something similar from the First World War. Somehow they all made it. I hope we can pull through despite the evil and incompetence at the helm

by Anonymousreply 460April 4, 2020 10:21 AM

Guardian-Iran’s death toll from the coronavirus outbreak climbed to 3,452 on Saturday, with 158 more fatalities recorded over the past 24 hours, health ministry spokesman Kianoush Jahanpur said. The total number of cases diagnosed with the disease reached 55,743, of whom 4,103 are in critical condition, he said on state TV. Iran is the country worst affected by the pandemic in the Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 461April 4, 2020 10:28 AM

When Orange Fuhrer said that this was “artificially induced”... what was he saying? Any thoughts? Just curious about opinions here. Surprised that more media is not discussing this.

by Anonymousreply 462April 4, 2020 10:35 AM

Does anyone still think this could be a bioweapon?

The way it was deliberateky downplayed?

The propaganda - ( only effects the elderly, only effects the elderly!! Mild for 80, mild for 80 ....

How did it get into so many care homes?

Most the stats we “know” official based on Chinese.. the stuff we gave learned elsewhere - Diamond princess, Italy, Spain, France ...more truthful but caveats.

The actions . Firing Crozier, diverting PPE, donating 18 tons of it to CHINA in Feb!!!

So much more :(

by Anonymousreply 463April 4, 2020 11:16 AM

People have been dying and have been having unfortunate circumstances every day for the past hundreds of thousands of years. Death is something you have to accept and you shouldn't be surprised when it happens. Many have gotten too pampered and spoiled and forget that they are a part of nature.

by Anonymousreply 464April 4, 2020 11:30 AM

[quote]Map Reveals Hidden U.S. Hotspots of Coronavirus Infection: By adjusting for population, researchers have identified rural areas in several states that could be disproportionally affected by COVID-19

[quote]Now a team from the University of Chicago has mapped confirmed COVID-19 infections per county—and has adjusted for population sizes. The researchers’ findings reveal significant clusters in parts of Georgia, Arkansas and Mississippi, among other areas. Even though the involved populations may be smaller than those of New York or Seattle, they could be disproportionally hit by the disease.

[quote]“When you flip from just state-level data to county-level data, you get a lot more information,” says Marynia Kolak, assistant director of health informatics at the University of Chicago’s Center for Spatial Data Science, who co-led the team that created the maps. “For example, there are a lot of areas in the South where the population is a lot smaller, but the proportion of people who have [COVID-19] is a lot greater. So that can cause potential challenges, because even though there are less people who have the virus, there are also correspondingly fewer hospital beds, [intensive care units] or ventilators.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465April 4, 2020 11:32 AM

Trump has blood on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 466April 4, 2020 12:15 PM

His tiny, tiny hands.

by Anonymousreply 467April 4, 2020 12:15 PM

You're incredibly brave R456. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 468April 4, 2020 12:16 PM

Guardian-Indonesia said on that coronavirus cases had topped 2,000 and deaths risen to 191, but doubts have been raised over official figures by data showing a big jump in funerals last month in the capital Jakarta. Health Ministry official Achmad Yurianto said there had been 106 new confirmed infections, taking the total number of cases in the Southeast Asian country to 2,092, with 10 new deaths.....

....Jakarta’s governor, Anies Baswedan, and some public health experts suspect the number of infections and deaths in the city has been significantly under-reported due to the low rates of testing. “It is extremely disturbing,” Baswedan told Reuters on Friday, referring to the funeral statistics. “I’m struggling to find another reason than unreported COVID-19 deaths.”

by Anonymousreply 469April 4, 2020 12:23 PM

Bill Withers died from complications of heart disease, not corona. The JAzz musician Wynton Marsalis's father died of corona.

Both Pink and her 3 yr old son have it, she just announced. Placido Domingo has it. Harvey Weinstein has it. Idris Elba has it. Prince Albert of Monaco tested positive, Prince Charles had it, and WEHT Ted Cruz and Rand Paul ? There are some random members of Congress who have it, and they just announced that anyone who is with Trump is going to be checked to see if they have a temperature. IMO they have been doing that already. I don't understand why Trump doesn't have it.

by Anonymousreply 470April 4, 2020 12:24 PM

⏳ CORONA TIME - APRIL 4 - 8:25 AM EST

🌐 GLOBAL

CASES: 1,133,774

DEATHS: 60,397

CRITICAL: 39,650

🇺🇸 UNITED STATES

CASES: 277,607

DEATHS: 7,406

CRITICAL: 5,787

by Anonymousreply 471April 4, 2020 12:25 PM

[quote]🤥 NATIONAL TELL A LIE DAY

President Trump has done a phenomenal job handling this nightmare.

Anyone else know any lies?

by Anonymousreply 472April 4, 2020 12:26 PM

"I love this medical stuff. I get it. Doctors are always surprised at how much I know about this stuff. You know, medical stuff."

by Anonymousreply 473April 4, 2020 12:30 PM

He went to doctor school !

by Anonymousreply 474April 4, 2020 12:35 PM

✌️[italic] I am NOT a crook.

by Anonymousreply 475April 4, 2020 12:35 PM

Eye nayver powse naykid.

by Anonymousreply 476April 4, 2020 12:41 PM

I read recently the lab in Wuhan is 300 meters from the wet market. Really strange coincidence. The article also states that it could have happened accidentally. That a researcher was studying virus' and became infected or brought it home. Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 477April 4, 2020 12:45 PM

Trump doesn't have The Corona because he's not human.

by Anonymousreply 478April 4, 2020 12:53 PM

R470 We know Dump is an abject coward and would do nothing to put his worthless hide at risk; yet he is shaking hands and not social distancing (except from Melania). WTF? The theory is he is being giving transfusions of plasma from patients who have recovered from Corona Virus. This plasma is rich in antibodies which may give immunity from COVID-19 for a limited time. So Merde L'Orange believes he is immune.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479April 4, 2020 1:15 PM

When the next thread starts, that image above, of Covefefe-19, has to be in the OP. PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 480April 4, 2020 1:31 PM

CNN-The United Kingdom has recorded 708 new deaths from coronavirus, the largest one-day rise since the outbreak began. According to figures released by the Department of Health and Social Care, a total of 4,313 have now died in the UK. The figures are current to 5 p.m. (12 p.m. ET) on April 3, but were released a day later. The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus as at 9 a.m. (4 a.m. ET) April 4 is 41,903, which is an increase of 3,735 from the previous day’s figures.

by Anonymousreply 481April 4, 2020 1:47 PM

In other UK news, people are sabotaging 5G phone tech because of a conspiracy theory evidently derived from Japanese horror films.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482April 4, 2020 1:50 PM

From a CBS News interview with Dr. Tom Inglesby, the director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security

On Thursday, Dr. Fauci said a vaccine for COVID-19 could be developed in 12-18 months. While the need now is urgent, Dr. Inglesby put that timeline in perspective. He told us, "I don't think anyone wants to wait that long at all, but 12 to 18 months would be breaking all records for vaccine development. So I think that is considered breakneck speed."

So there you have it. Tony Fauci is spinning things once again, always propping up whoever is in power. There just ain't going to be a vaccine in "12 to 18 months," no matter how many times Fauci suggests it. He does not promise it. But he waves that fraudulent flag again and again and again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483April 4, 2020 2:04 PM

this Fauci guy is a politician.

even in the public health "informercial" that i've seen, he waffles all over the place and makes misleading statements by doing so.

now is not the time for straddling the fence so you don't offend. clear as bedrock info is what the public needs. if he can't give that, let him shut his trap.

by Anonymousreply 484April 4, 2020 2:14 PM

Sky News @SkyNews · 13m BREAKING: 637 people in England who tested positive for #COVID19 have died.

NHS England says the victims were aged between five to 104-years-old.

by Anonymousreply 485April 4, 2020 2:18 PM

R480, generally you take what you get. Doesn’t really play nicely. Control issues.

by Anonymousreply 486April 4, 2020 2:18 PM

How come it’s in so many nursing homes?

by Anonymousreply 487April 4, 2020 2:18 PM

The New York Times @nytimes · 9m In Italy, some health officials and politicians are exploring whether antibodies in one’s blood — a potential marker of immunity — can be used to determine who can leave the country’s coronavirus lockdown

by Anonymousreply 488April 4, 2020 2:19 PM

Could we have a poll including if we think SARS-Cov-2 is s bioweapon?

by Anonymousreply 489April 4, 2020 2:20 PM

Polls, we are told emphatically, have been done so further polling it unnecessary, we are further told. Because, of course, opinion never shifts. So as we can’t have a poll asking a sensible question, R489, it would be even less likely there’d be a poll with a question like that.

by Anonymousreply 490April 4, 2020 2:22 PM

How long coronavirus survives on surfaces:

Medal or mobile phone: 72 hours

Cardboard and paper: 24 hours

Airborne: 3 hours

Fabric and clothing: 3 hours

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491April 4, 2020 2:22 PM

Why do I suddenly have to sign in and pledge my allegiance to the Cookie Monster every time I visit the DL?

Some kind of Corona prevention screening?

by Anonymousreply 492April 4, 2020 2:25 PM

Why do I suddenly have to sign in and pledge my allegiance to the Cookie Monster every time I visit the DL?

Some kind of Corona prevention screening?

by Anonymousreply 493April 4, 2020 2:25 PM

New York Daily News @NYDailyNews · 7m A veteran FDNY chief in charge of fire protection inspectors has died from coronavirus, becoming the second active member of the department to succumb to the illness.

Deputy Chief Inspector Syed Rahman, 59, passed away after 22 years with the FDNY.

by Anonymousreply 494April 4, 2020 2:29 PM

Coral Princess docking in Miami with two passengers dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495April 4, 2020 2:31 PM

Does anyone remember this post from one of the very first coronavirus threads? They just took Zantac off of the shelves. That guy was right about a lot of stuff. I'm pretty sure the original post came from some creepy conspiracy website on Poo's shoes, but I was panicked enough to buy all of the stuff. know things... this is not Uncle intel,... I work in Biohazard remediation and mitigation for a living. I specialize in disaster sites where a large number of people have passed and ensuring the site is safe for people to enter. (Think Hurricane Katrina) Places where there are cadavers, many; rotten, festering, wanting to harm others. Places that have been underwater for so long that the very walls are lined from end to end with toxic mold. So I have a inside line to people and things I cannot elaborate on

The Corona-virus is tearing it's way across the world, and it is truly much worse than "they" are letting on. Is a big deal and I am afraid it may become a MUCH bigger deal.

You need to go to the store and buy one of these: Pepcid, Tagamet, Adix, or Zantac. Buy enough for you, xxxxx, xxx, and whoever you want to save, enough last 2 weeks. This covers your H2 antagonist drug.

Buy enough Prilosec, Prevacid. or Nexium to do the same as above.

This covers the PPI Drugs. (Proton Pump Inhibitors)

Lastly, I'd buy a big ass bottle of benadryl or generic benadry. aka... diphenhydramine. This covers your need for a H1 antagonist.

You know what benadryl does. But the H2 drugs work in the same way except on different histamines. The PPI (Proton Pump Inhibitor) stops monocytes from going into overdrive. (Monocytes = White Blood Cells) The Coronavirus hits in a similar way to the flu. As it is a "Novel Virus" meaning the body has never seen anything like this... the body goes nuts, to the point that your own immune system kills you in something called a Cytokine Storm.

This is very similar to a "Peanut Allergy", in that it's the bodies response that damages the person not the peanuts.

When to start this "therapy"? No need to take anything in advance. But at the first sign of "flu like symptoms" I'd start therapy. Take it as directed on the box.

You'll read and hear about it on the news. Obviously! What makes this virus "The Perfect Storm" is that it: 1. Has up to a 14 day incubation period. 2. The infected start shedding the virus in as little as 5 days after exposure. 3. Is as adaptable as the common cold. Meaning that about after each 3rd generation, the virus mutates into something that would require a completely different vaccination.

We could literally ALL have this virus and not know it.

I'm not freaking out, I'm not making a big deal out of nothing. You can google everything I've brought up.

Now for the conspiracy theory portion of my presentation. Whether you know it or not. There have been SEVERAL recalls of various anti-acid drugs in the past few months. (Once again, you can research this) Maybe we knew this was coming and we have been stockpiling. Yes, hospitals will give you prevacid and pepcid if you have the Corona-virus. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 496April 4, 2020 2:32 PM

Do you have any idea how many people normally enter a nursing home in the course of a day?

Some workers don't always wash their hands or wear gloves, but I'm betting they do now.

Some of the housekeeping staff thinks their jobs consist of nothing more than emptying wastebaskets and gossiping about the staff and residents.

I worked my way through college in the activities department of a large nursing home. I've seen enough to know that I wouldn't want my parents or family members there.

by Anonymousreply 497April 4, 2020 2:33 PM

Here's a widow describing how her husband went from mild conditions to the emergency room and then to death. She describes all the treatments they tried to save him, the kitchen-sink approach a nurse called it. She was with her husband at his time of death by means of FaceTime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498April 4, 2020 2:37 PM

CNN @CNN · 5m Jeff Bezos is donating $100 million to US food banks to help them feed a growing number of out-of-work Americans who are losing their jobs during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 499April 4, 2020 2:37 PM

When Rump said “artificially induced” last night did he mean that it was was a bio weapon?

by Anonymousreply 500April 4, 2020 2:37 PM

Thank you Jeff ^^^

by Anonymousreply 501April 4, 2020 2:38 PM

I’m the one with the info about the cancelled wedding and I’m not a fucking troll. I have been on these threads since the beginning. I thought that the 24 week info was interesting and terrifying (to me).

What is so hard to understand about this. The wedding was supposed to be in early October and they now think that Atlanta will be under stay at home orders for 24 weeks and that means OCTOBER and the wedding wouldn’t happen anyway - so they cancelled/postponed.

It could be complete bullshit, but me passing along something I was told doesn’t make me a troll. So fuck you whatever number you were (I don’t give enough of a shit about you to go look).

by Anonymousreply 502April 4, 2020 2:39 PM

R491 what about that report about coronavirus being found on surfaces on the Diamond Princess after 17 days?

by Anonymousreply 503April 4, 2020 2:43 PM

Financial Times @FinancialTimes · 7m Coronavirus latest: UK suffers its deadliest day as cases pass 40,000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504April 4, 2020 2:43 PM

[quote][R491] what about that report about coronavirus being found on surfaces on the Diamond Princess after 17 days?

It was RNA not active virus.

by Anonymousreply 505April 4, 2020 2:45 PM

BBC-Ecuador's coronavirus outbreak is worse than the figures suggest, President Lenín Moreno has warned. Corpses have been abandoned on the streets of the country's most populous city, Guayaquil, with overcrowded morgues and funeral homes refusing to handle the bodies of people who have died of coronavirus. In a national address, Mr Moreno urged Ecuadorians "not to minimise the severity of the crisis", and to follow the country's containment measures. "We know that both in the number of infections and deaths, official records fall short," he said. Guayas province alone had registered 60 deaths and 1,937 confirmed cases by 1 April. So far the number of confirmed deaths in Ecuador is 145.

by Anonymousreply 506April 4, 2020 2:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507April 4, 2020 2:48 PM

NBC News @NBCNews · 11m LATEST: As of 10 a.m. ET, April 4, there are 276,335 confirmed coronavirus cases in the US, and 7,063 deaths.

by Anonymousreply 508April 4, 2020 2:48 PM

R505 Thanks. They could have done a better job of highlighting the difference.

by Anonymousreply 509April 4, 2020 2:50 PM

about their mask thingy policy - they went from saying it's useless and even a N95 may not be safe. To telling everyone to wear them and that even a home made one created from your rags is will do. lol.

by Anonymousreply 510April 4, 2020 2:59 PM

What difference does it make if half the country doesn't believe in science r509 ?

by Anonymousreply 511April 4, 2020 3:00 PM

[quote]When the next thread starts, that image above, of Covefefe-19, has to be in the OP. PLEASE!

I second that.

by Anonymousreply 512April 4, 2020 3:01 PM

18000 people were killed by the swine flu in 2009 based on official lab tests. However later studies concluded that between 250000-580000 people were actually killed as many deaths were not properly recorded. This will also be the case for this virus. We will not have a full picture until years later. Given that there are already +61000 official deaths, it's staggering to think what the final numbers will be.

by Anonymousreply 513April 4, 2020 3:03 PM

The Independent @Independent · 26m

Madonna donates $1m to help create coronavirus vaccine (to Bill and Melinda Gates foundation)

by Anonymousreply 514April 4, 2020 3:08 PM

BBC News (World) @BBCWorld · 13m Spain "close to passing the peak of infections" as number of coronavirus deaths falls for second day in a row, Spanish PM says

by Anonymousreply 515April 4, 2020 3:14 PM

Ivermectin? Isn't that heartworm medicine for dogs?

by Anonymousreply 516April 4, 2020 3:15 PM

They just showed Xi commemorating the dead in China on Sky News with a vox pop of people praising Chinese hospital workers for keeping the death toll at 3000.

I'm beyond fed up of the media showing such lethargic interest in their numbers not making any sense. And yet they can hardly be covering up new cases because even with their censorship capabilities they wouldn't be able to hide all the death and disease they should have. What the fuck is that all about, it's fucking infuriating.

To the person who was asking for a poll, there's another thread with a poll, can't find it now, and only a third of respondents think there is a deliberate conspiracy at play, one third think it's wet markets and one third think it was accidentally released by a lab.

We don't know and never will. If you were going to release a disease like this as a bioweapon, you'd start it in your own country so no one would suspect you of doing it deliberately, take a bit of pain then get it under control. But it's very sloppy so I really doubt it was deliberate. I'd bet on accidental lab leak because it best explains the CCP's suspicious reaction.

by Anonymousreply 517April 4, 2020 3:17 PM

YOu know, if you look at the photo of the subway riders in NYC from yesterday, it's mostly people of color and they look like they're going to or coming home from work. Would not surprise me if a lot of them were healthcare workers, riding a subway to work to take care of sick people. A friend's son lives in NYC and heridesthe trains and he got it and so did his live in girlfriend. She said it'll be impossible not to get it in NYC. Her son told her everyone gonna get it.

by Anonymousreply 518April 4, 2020 3:18 PM

CNN-New York has a total 113,704 Covid-19 cases, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said today during a press conference. The state recorded a new high of positive cases Friday with 10,841. There are 15,905 people in the hospital and 4,126 in ICU, Cuomo said. As of today, 3,565 people have died due to Covid-19. "By the numbers we're not yet at the apex. We're getting closer," Cuomo said.

by Anonymousreply 519April 4, 2020 3:23 PM

yes. very sad. I think a lot of essential workers will get it on the subways. But more people are wearing masks and gloves so hopefully they are better protected.

Just think about all the immigrants who are crammed into small apts and sharing a small house etc. that's why the number in Queens is so high...

by Anonymousreply 520April 4, 2020 3:35 PM

For NY, that's 630 deaths in 24 hrs!

by Anonymousreply 521April 4, 2020 3:41 PM

[quote]How come it’s in so many nursing homes?

Because nursing homes are full of old people, many of them already medically compromised in addition to suffering the age-driven degradation of their immune systems. A visitor or staff member comes in who has the virus, either asymptomatically or with mild symptoms, and it spreads like wildfire. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 522April 4, 2020 3:50 PM

Further clarification regarding the UK numbers. In the "coming days and weeks:"? Can they please get their shit together!

BBC-NHS England Director Stephen Powis has clarified that the number of deaths reported only includes those in hospitals and health facilities. The Office for National Statistics (ONS) records deaths in the community, he says, adding that he "expects deaths will be higher" and fuller numbers will only emerge in the coming days and weeks.

by Anonymousreply 523April 4, 2020 3:53 PM

Due to an abundance of caution, I will be announcing plans in the coming days and weeks as we fight this war.

by Anonymousreply 524April 4, 2020 4:15 PM

Would anybody be interested in a thread ideally just for the purpose of linking to credible reporting on treatments, vaccines etc? Sometimes this thread bums me out. W&W if you would value it. Otherwise won’t bother. Cheers.

by Anonymousreply 525April 4, 2020 4:19 PM

Encouraging signs from Italy

BBC-Italy has confirmed 681 more deaths from the coronavirus, taking the country’s total to 15,362. The reported number has been falling gradually in the past eight days and the number of new infections appears to have stabilised too, There were 2,886 new infections reported in the past 24 hours, making a total of 88,274 current cases. In total 20,996 people have recovered from the virus. Both Spain and Italy have seen over 124,000 cases.

by Anonymousreply 526April 4, 2020 4:35 PM

BBC-Carrie Symonds, the girlfriend of UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, says she has spent several days in bed with coronavirus symptoms. Mr Johnson himself tested positive for the virus last week and has been conducting cabinet meetings via video link. Ms Symmonds adds that having Covid-19 symptoms while pregnant is "obviously worrying" and has posted some "reassuring" guidance on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 527April 4, 2020 4:57 PM

Brian Tyler Cohen:

California governor humiliates Devin Nunes on national TV

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528April 4, 2020 5:01 PM

BTC:

Jim Acosta yells at Trump that he’s been president for 3 years when he blames Obama

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529April 4, 2020 5:10 PM

Apparently, the furloughed Disney World employees will keep their health insurance, with the company paying the entire premium.

That's...shockingly pro-worker.

by Anonymousreply 530April 4, 2020 5:18 PM

Loved Acosta last night. The man was on fire!

by Anonymousreply 531April 4, 2020 5:18 PM

Ugh, the "I've been here since the beginning!" troll...

by Anonymousreply 532April 4, 2020 5:32 PM

Do we think this is a bioweapon?

Research showing not from pangolin.

Can R496 share more?

I too have been on these threads since 1. DL has been way ahead of the curve. The news is horribly slow and dumb. Dumb extra dumb.

NPR has become propaganda. Even have Huawei and American cruise lines as sponsors! I thought they must be trolling when I heard those ads.

by Anonymousreply 533April 4, 2020 5:38 PM

⏳ CORONA TIME - APRIL 4 - 1:40 PM EST

🌐 GLOBAL

CASES:1,172,692

DEATHS: 62,823

CRITICAL: 40,112

🇺🇸 UNITED STATES

CASES: 300,236

DEATHS: 8,135

CRITICAL: 6,333

by Anonymousreply 534April 4, 2020 5:39 PM

Your horoscope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535April 4, 2020 5:52 PM

Over 8k deaths ..damn

Covfefe shithole

by Anonymousreply 536April 4, 2020 5:54 PM

I went grocery shopping this morning, and had no problem finding everything that I needed. The only partially empty shelves were toilet paper and pasta. About 25% of shoppers were wearing masks. Cashiers and stockers were not wearing masks or gloves.

Me..... Mask, gloves, sanitizer

by Anonymousreply 537April 4, 2020 5:54 PM

"People have been dying and have been having unfortunate circumstances every day for the past hundreds of thousands of years. Death is something you have to accept and you shouldn't be surprised when it happens. Many have gotten too pampered and spoiled and forget that they are a part of nature."

Republicans will say anything to justify thousands of deaths

by Anonymousreply 538April 4, 2020 6:06 PM

R516 It is not at all uncommon for pets to be prescribed the same medications that are prescribed for humans. I work in a pharmacy and many prescriptions we fill are for pets.

by Anonymousreply 539April 4, 2020 6:10 PM

On the same day Larry Kudlow said coronavirus was “contained” on Feb. 25th, Trump’s campaign spox made an even more bold claim.

“We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here..and isn't it refreshing when contrasting it with the awful presidency of President Obama."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540April 4, 2020 6:11 PM

R540

I know it’s said too often on DL, but what dumb cunts!! There needs to be additional gallows on the White House lawn for his paid shills. They helped to kill people. That may sound hysterical, but there’s nothing untrue about it.

by Anonymousreply 541April 4, 2020 6:19 PM

[quote]Death is something you have to accept and you shouldn't be surprised when it happens.

Indeed, when a 'President' shoots you dead on Fifth Avenue, that's just a part of the cycle of life.

by Anonymousreply 542April 4, 2020 6:20 PM

News Flash: Jared is still a slumlord

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543April 4, 2020 6:23 PM

R496 I do remember that post. I don't know how things stand now, but the last time I set foot in a Costco about three weeks ago, all of the generic Pepcid was gone (my dog takes it.) We had to buy name brand and there wasn't much left of that. If any of what that poster wrote is true, we're all set here thanks to my dog's allergies -- we have a full stock of both Benadryl and Pepcid.

by Anonymousreply 544April 4, 2020 6:29 PM

Guardian-Here are the latest figures from France, from our Paris correspondent Kim Willsher. The coronavirus death toll in France has reached 7,560 since 1 March, the health ministry has said. This figure includes hospitals and nursing homes. Of these 5,532 occurred in hospital, up from 5,091 on Friday. This is a lower increase than in previous days. The number of deaths in care homes was 2,028, up 612 from yesterday. The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in hospitals has reached 68,605. This has increased by more than 4,000 from 64,338 on Friday. Of these, 28,143 are currently in hospital with the Covid-19 virus. The number of people in intensive care units in France has risen to 6,838, up from 6,662 the previous day. Of those in intensive care, 35% are under 60 years old, 60% are between 60 -80, 105 patients are under 30 years old).

by Anonymousreply 545April 4, 2020 6:35 PM

I’m watching Bill Maher right now he had on World War Z writer and I had forgotten the story had the virus starting in China like the other movie Contagion. He said the reason when SARS happened China did not alert the danger and haven’t learned from their mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 546April 4, 2020 6:53 PM

Don’t sew? Don’t worry: That DIY coronavirus face mask might be in your gym bag.

With the city urging all New Yorkers to wear cloth masks when they’re outside, TV personality Emerson Collins posted a TikTok demonstrating his no-sew mask.

“I made a Jockstrap Mask Tutorial because I’m ridiculous,” the actor said in a tweet sharing the video.

In the minutelong clip, Collins demonstrates a simple, three-step method for securing the protective gear to cover the nose and mouth. He then models a variety of looks using the method, showcasing his surprisingly varied collection.

“The internet may be out of masks, bandanas and scarves, but it’s not out of jock straps!” the “Rent” performer singsongs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547April 4, 2020 6:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548April 4, 2020 7:08 PM

R547 did make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 549April 4, 2020 7:12 PM

R547 did make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 550April 4, 2020 7:12 PM

[quote] Time Magazine: Some States Report National Stockpile Delivering Masks With Dry Rot and Broken Ventilators

Thanks, Obama!

by Anonymousreply 551April 4, 2020 7:23 PM

[quote] Would anybody be interested in a thread ideally just for the purpose of linking to credible reporting on treatments, vaccines etc? Sometimes this thread bums me out. W&W if you would value it. Otherwise won’t bother. Cheers.

You mean as opposed to the irresponsible loon who has a friend whose cousin's neighbor's plumber knows someone at the CDC who said we'd all be locked down for another 24 weeks so everyone is canceling their weddings?

Yes. Yes, I would.

by Anonymousreply 552April 4, 2020 7:35 PM

I'm in a park near where I live and it's full of people, most of whom aren't wearing masks.

But I'm in Queens, so maybe theres not so much fear of the pandemic spreading here?

by Anonymousreply 553April 4, 2020 8:04 PM

[quote]But I'm in Queens, so maybe theres not so much fear of the pandemic spreading here?

Do those idiots realize that we're the hardest-hit borough?

by Anonymousreply 554April 4, 2020 8:05 PM

Minneapolis closes beaches for the summer. State GOP chair calls it an example of Democrats' "extreme communist control."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555April 4, 2020 8:12 PM

Minneapolis has beaches? Who knew.

by Anonymousreply 556April 4, 2020 8:19 PM

Can someone post the link of Acosta yelling at the President? I found something and it wasn’t yelling.

The thread with valid info is a good idea if it wasn’t for trolls. Also experts fail us at times also. Masks don’t work masks work. It is not in the air it is in the air.

by Anonymousreply 557April 4, 2020 8:23 PM

[quote]How did it get into so many care homes?

There were numerous visitors who could have brought it before the restrictions, and currently nurses, attendants, kitchen staff, janitors, some physical therapists, volunteers, and admins still come and go. Each of them is in contact with numerous people outside of the facilities before they come to work.

My mother volunteers at a dementia ward and was allowed to keep showing up until 3 weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 558April 4, 2020 8:23 PM

Also, many nursing homes only had gloves on hand when the epidemic picked up steam. Many of the workers had/have no N95 masks (or even surgical masks, in most facilities) and no gowns.

by Anonymousreply 559April 4, 2020 8:26 PM

We never never saw Mary or Rhoda at the beach.

by Anonymousreply 560April 4, 2020 8:27 PM

Don't bother r557, dataloungers love to insert their fantasies into actual events, so incidents where a reporter asks a question becomes he yelled at the president.

by Anonymousreply 561April 4, 2020 8:30 PM

What does DL think of Dr Scott Gottlieb?

by Anonymousreply 562April 4, 2020 8:53 PM

What does DL think of Dr Scott Gottlieb?

by Anonymousreply 563April 4, 2020 8:53 PM

Has Trump Replaced His Rallies With Coronavirus Briefings? | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564April 4, 2020 8:56 PM

[quote]Has Trump Replaced His Rallies With Coronavirus Briefings?

I said this from his first briefing. Of course that's what these are all about., they're his new rallies.

And now he even gets to have Dr. Anthony Fauci attending them.

Meanwhile, Biden's in the basement.

by Anonymousreply 565April 4, 2020 9:00 PM

A few minutes ago Trump said it’s so contagious you can get it by just having a conversation with someone. I knew it was airborne was just interesting hearing him practically admit it. I wonder if anyone will notice.

by Anonymousreply 566April 4, 2020 9:03 PM

If you can spread the virus by talking, Chris Mathews would be the country's most prolific transmitter.

by Anonymousreply 567April 4, 2020 9:09 PM

If you can spread the virus by talking, it makes sense that Italy is the most ravaged in the world...

by Anonymousreply 568April 4, 2020 9:11 PM

There’s no ‘if’ about it. It can spread by talking , breathing, and singing. It’s not just coughing and sneezing.

by Anonymousreply 569April 4, 2020 9:13 PM

I never believed them when they were saying don't wear masks, they don't work...save them for healthcare workers... Well, if they don't work, why save them...etc. I have been watching Asian nations deal with all kinds of epidemics for years on the news. Whether it's Japan, South Korea or China, every photo I have seen of the public has people all wearing masks as a general rule. So when this shit started, end of February, I made sure I had masks and those thin latex gloves. I hate Trump, and as a teenager college student I was a Leftie who never trusted the government so here we are,and guess what, I don't trust this government as far as I can throw them. AG Barr, Pompeo, Pence and Trump are all filth. They have no honor, and they are totally without any redeeming human qualities. So I've been wearing masks and gloves for a few weeks, and I will continue to wear them even if they signal the all clear. My surmise right now is that in a couple of months or so they will send out an all clear, there will be a lull and things will ramp back up again. So keep setting aside stuff, because this is a long way from over.

by Anonymousreply 570April 4, 2020 9:22 PM

my theory of what's going on is Trump heard about the pandemic, and talked to his friend and job coach Vladimir Putin, who advised him not to worry...at first, Then he got scared as he realized this might affect his chance of re-election, so he went into denial mode and peddled optimism as things worsened in January & February. He was also talking with his inner circle who convinced him he could make the situation work for him.

So his goal is to make sure his people friends and family staff, are safe and the rest of us are on our own. He even said so. He spends the rest of his time lying and misdirecting, deflecting, etc. as usual, and figuring out ways to profit from the crisis. And make no mistake he is consulting with Putin. He is also getting advice from Bannon, Parscale and Miller.

They don't care if 40% of the deaths are minorities. They don't care if Blue states get ventilators. They will allow this thing to create enough chaos to cancel or "postpone" the election. Trump said himself. He's an optimist. He always tries to see the good in any situation...andBTW, he isn't literally "shooting" anyone, but there are people dropping dead on 5th Avenue, and he is responsible for it, and his people his cult love him anyway.

by Anonymousreply 571April 4, 2020 9:30 PM

Pence’s tone of voice reminds me of Nurse Ratched.

Of course pray for everyone affected by the virus.

Whenever he gives NY numbers he says it like he doesn’t believe it.

Rump doesn’t care about Palm Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 572April 4, 2020 9:32 PM

Two city lawmakers are demanding Mayor Bill de Blasio oust Health Commissioner Oxiris Barbot “before it’s too late,” saying her guidance on coronavirus has been disastrous.

Barbot “failed to take decisive actions to not only contain the virus early and flatten the curve, but her inaction has actually led to New York City becoming the epicenter of this pandemic,” City Councilmen Robert Holden and Eric Ulrich told de Blasio in a blistering letter obtained by The Post.

“Despite numerous warning signs from around the globe, Commissioner Barbot failed to keep New York City ahead of the curve. Significant research on pandemics and the spread of viruses should have been conducted early, and our city should have led the nation by taking drastic measures before any other city,” it says.

As the global outbreak heated up in January, Barbot repeatedly assured New Yorkers their risk was “low,” and to resume normal activities with only basic precautions such as washing hands.

On Feb. 2, with the city’s first suspected coronavirus case under investigation and China’s death toll skyrocketing, Barbot touted upcoming Chinese New Year events where crowds gather shoulder-to-shoulder in city streets.

“As we gear up to celebrate the #LunarNewYear in NYC, I want to assure New Yorkers that there is no reason for anyone to change their holiday plans, avoid the subway, or certain parts of the city because of #coronavirus,” she tweeted.

five days later, she declared the city had little to worry about. “We’re telling New Yorkers, go about your lives, take the subway, go out, enjoy life,” she said.

Barbot gave the city a false sense of security instead of tackling the harsh reality with aggressive measures, Holden told The Post.

“We should have taken more drastic steps early. Now we’re paying the price in lives,” he said.

Ulrich blasted Barbot as “a zero.”

“She’s a self-proclaimed medical expert who got it terribly wrong,” he said. “We’re now facing the most devastating period in the outbreak. We need someone at the helm who is much more capable and competent to help us get through this. The mayor needs to find a new health commissioner — and he needs to do it fast, before it’s too late.”

On March 4, with COVID-19 cases emerging in Westchester County, Barbot dismissed the threat of infection by casual contact, saying, “There’s no indication that being in a car, being in the subways with someone who’s potentially sick is a risk factor,” the letter notes.

At a City Hall press conference on March 5, with “only four confirmed cases” in NYC, Barbot said the city was urging people who arrived from certain countries with rising cases to self-isolate, but everybody else without symptoms should not have to quarantine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573April 4, 2020 9:33 PM

Someone, please. Shut him fuck up.

He's manic and schizophrenic.

It took him a moment to remember that he had a young son.

His story changes every freaking day.

by Anonymousreply 574April 4, 2020 9:38 PM

Trump: CNN's persistence in asking about ventilators is "nasty."

by Anonymousreply 575April 4, 2020 9:38 PM

Country spots.

Hot spots.

Louisiana.

Many Italys.

Ventilators

A very good job.

Deadly week.

Keep 'em on the low side.

Exposed!

by Anonymousreply 576April 4, 2020 9:43 PM

Trump thinks asking about ventilators repeatedly is uncalled for, because why would anyone ever care about ventilators going forward? He answered it, once. If you’d like to know what’s going on with ventilators next week, you’re unreasonable.

by Anonymousreply 577April 4, 2020 9:43 PM

Country spots.

Hot spots.

Louisiana.

Many Italys.

Ventilators

A very good job.

Deadly week.

Keep 'em on the low side.

Exposed!

by Anonymousreply 578April 4, 2020 9:43 PM

More young people are dying of coronavirus, WHO warns

More young people are dying of the coronavirus, according to a new warning issued by the World Health Organization.

“What we are seeing in some countries is that there are individuals in their 30s, who are in their 40s and 50s who are in the ICU and who have died,” said Maria Van Kerkhove, head of WHO’s emerging diseases.

“It’s still pretty significant even if you don’t require hospitalization. Moderate disease still includes pneumonia.”

Not all younger victims have underlying health conditions. In Italy, 10 to 15 percent of patients in intensive care are under 50, and in Korea, one in six deaths are of those under the age of 60.

Although it was initially reported those most likely to die were elderly or those with underlying health issues, The CDC reported nearly 20 percent of severe cases were 20-44 years old in the U.S.

The “dismissive attitude” that only old or the already sick people would have to worry about death or hospitalization has caused young people to shrug off the pandemic, says Mike Ryan, executive director of WHO emergencies program.

“We collectively have been living in a world where we’ve tried to convince ourselves that this disease is mild in young people and more severe in older people, and that’s where the problem is,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579April 4, 2020 9:44 PM

Next thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580April 4, 2020 9:50 PM

I’d like to know how many younger victims were smokers and non smokers. Vaping, pot, cigs? Is there a correlation?

by Anonymousreply 581April 4, 2020 9:51 PM

[quote]They don't care if Blue states get ventilators.

Why would the GOP make any effort to keep blue voters alive? Meanwhile, their own red voters in thise states may also die, but what's a little collateral damage, right?

by Anonymousreply 582April 4, 2020 9:53 PM

Because you want to blame them, R581?

by Anonymousreply 583April 4, 2020 9:57 PM

Further evidence of what was already known. From the Washington Post, 4-4-20

[quote] Men in New York are dying at a disproportionately high rate, even when accounting for the fact that male cases are more numerous to begin with. Men are 55 percent of cases but make up 62 percent of deaths.

[quote] “I’ve seen more males that need immediate respiratory support — to be intubated or supplemental oxygen,” Jackson said. “That’s been the major difference. They come in sicker.”

by Anonymousreply 584April 4, 2020 9:58 PM

r581, unfortunately I doubt anybody's gathering data on stuff like that right now.

by Anonymousreply 585April 4, 2020 9:58 PM

[quote]“I’ve seen more males that need immediate respiratory support — to be intubated or supplemental oxygen,” Jackson said. “That’s been the major difference. They come in sicker.”

They come in sicker because they probably come in later. Same as it ever was.

by Anonymousreply 586April 4, 2020 10:00 PM

I am glad you don’t write about it. But you just said it dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 587April 4, 2020 10:02 PM

What was de Blasio and NYC's public health department doing in February? SF and surrounding counties were on high alert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588April 4, 2020 10:02 PM

[quote]Minneapolis has beaches? Who knew.

Minnesota is the ‘land of 10,000 lakes,’ R556.

by Anonymousreply 589April 4, 2020 10:16 PM

Marianne Faithfull Hospitalized After Testing Positive for Coronavirus:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590April 4, 2020 10:23 PM

Rachel Maddow's show last night was about what R588 is doing: blaming local officials for problems that the federal government should have owned from the very beginning. It was what the Bush administration did concerning Katrina -- try to blame the whole thing on the mayor of New Orleans.

by Anonymousreply 591April 4, 2020 10:26 PM

I am afraid to go out ever since I heard Jessica Chastain passed out poisoned food.

by Anonymousreply 592April 4, 2020 10:31 PM

[quote]Rachel Maddow's show last night was about what [R588] is doing: blaming local officials for problems that the federal government should have owned from the very beginning.

Did Rachel Maddow run the video of NYC's health commissioner saying that the city was well prepared and there was nothing to be afraid of?

Did she quote DeBlasio when he was saying that the city was well prepared? Or when he was urging people to go out and see a film?

Why should they be left off the hook?

by Anonymousreply 593April 4, 2020 10:34 PM

Hey 591 it's not blaming, it's learning from how to properly respond to emerging public health threats, you know, what these public health officials are paid to do? It's coordinating with state authorities and yes, shutting shit down early if necessary instead of saying it's okay for large groups to congregate, or the mayor going to a gym. Part of the reason of examining root causes to problems is to examine what went wrong. FYI the wrongs are not usually just due to one source but multifactorial. People who can't see that are being shortsighted. If you can't see the difference between assigning blame and pointing out why/ how things went wrong in this instance, then go ahead keep the same people in charge of NYC.

by Anonymousreply 594April 4, 2020 10:34 PM

^^^In reply to R591

by Anonymousreply 595April 4, 2020 10:35 PM

I don’t know why the media covers the Trump daily updates. They have no news and he is an ignorant idiot - “there will be a lot of deaths” - that should be ignored

by Anonymousreply 596April 4, 2020 10:36 PM

Yes, r591.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597April 4, 2020 10:37 PM

r556, Saint Paul resident here, and yes, Minneapolis has thriving beaches. Minnesota is The Land of 10,000 lakes, meaning thousands of beaches.

The ones in Minneapolis are quite busy in the summer. It's sad to think they will be closed, but sadder that the chair of the state GOP believes the closure announcement to be a communist grab for power.

I didn't think anything could cleave the divide between red and blue any deeper than it already was. And then came a pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 598April 4, 2020 10:41 PM

Gonna go ahead and...

by Anonymousreply 599April 4, 2020 10:47 PM

...end the thread.

by Anonymousreply 600April 4, 2020 10:48 PM

It's official. Pelosi is fucking Trump. It helps to explain his complete turnaround regarding the dangers of the virus and her plegde to pass more stimulus bills in the near future. Sadly, Trump eats women like her for breakfast, I mean literally with his tongue. What she doesn't realize is that Trump will spin any plan passed by Congress as his idea. You can not out maneuveur the Devil. She needs to hold her cards close to her chest and swoop in when the going really gets tough. Why act now? She needs to let people suffer and to choose the right time to act.

by Anonymousreply 601April 4, 2020 10:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!