Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joe Biden Has 9 Point Lead Over Trump in New Fox News Poll

[QUOTE] The poll suggests that while the president’s approval ratings for handling the coronavirus crisis are improving, it is so far not translating into a general election advantage against Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 19, 2020 8:37 PM

This is due to the black vote, I believe. Black folks want Trump out of office, and they don’t give a damn about Trump appearing “strong” during the Coronavirus crisis (at least according to the mainstream media).

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2020 12:57 PM

So much for those irritating naysayers on this thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2020 12:58 PM

That is just the result of Bernie refusing to leave the race, R2. His supporters (and a mix of Russian actors on social media) still hope he has a shot and remain antagonistic toward Biden as a result. The party can’t unite until he’s out.

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2020 1:02 PM

I'll never believe the "polls" again after the 2016 debacle. It's all gas-lighting, lies, and bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2020 1:05 PM

It absolutely boggles my mind that Trump's rating has increased simply from being on tv every day. If you listen to his blathering during those daily Coronavirus updates, he sounds like an idiot. And what's happening across the country blows whatever BS he's shoveling completely out of the water. Anyone with half a brain can see that he's full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2020 1:06 PM

[QUOTE] I'll never believe the "polls" again after the 2016 debacle. It's all gas-lighting, lies, and bullshit.

The polls weren’t bad; the data was misinterpreted. So long as we’re focusing on the electoral college and the states of Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin, we should be able to have a clear focus of where things stand throughout the election.

This is only the beginning. But I’d rather start with the guy who’s leading in the polls than losing in them.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2020 1:08 PM

[QUOTE] It absolutely boggles my mind that Trump's rating has increased simply from being on tv every day. If you listen to his blathering during those daily Coronavirus updates, he sounds like an idiot. And what's happening across the country blows whatever BS he's shoveling completely out of the water. Anyone with half a brain can see that he's full of shit.

Americans always rally around the president during a time of crisis.

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2020 1:09 PM

I would be happy with this poll if they could replace Biden with Cuomo.

And who cares if Biden is leading any polls. The only important information here is if he wins the important swing states.

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2020 1:10 PM

[QUOTE] I would be happy with this poll if they could replace Biden with Cuomo.

This makes no sense. You don’t even know what the numbers would be if Cuomo was the candidate.

But you’re trolling, so why should it have to make sense?

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2020 1:13 PM

[QUOTE] And who cares if Biden is leading any polls.

😂 I have a sneaking suspicion that your sentiments would be different if Joe Biden was losing in these polls.

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2020 1:15 PM

But he's not.

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2020 1:26 PM

No, he’s not. It doesn’t guarantee he’ll win the election, either. Nobody’s spiking the football; it’s not even summer yet. Campaigns are hard work, especially against incumbent presidents flush with cash. But it’s a good start.

by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2020 1:29 PM

In my opinion Biden is a weak candidate and not fit to be president. Neither is Bernie or Pete (inexperienced, could be a good candidate in a couple of years). Warren is not great, but she is smart and fierce and probably would have been a good president. But honestly, none of our current candidates was very inspiring or strong. Biden is almost invisible during this crisis. Now, during this national emergency, a new candidate has emerged who is smart, witty, compassionate, articulate, reasonable and knows how to lead. I wish it wasn't too late and we still had a different option and choice. If you consider having a different opinion on our candidates and wishing we still had a different choice trolling, then yes, I'm trolling.

I'm not happy with Biden and just wish we still had a different option especially in these extraordinary times and circumstances. Will vote for Biden anyway of course.

by Anonymousreply 13March 29, 2020 1:40 PM

[QUOTE] Biden is almost invisible during this crisis.

What were you expecting Joe Biden to do to increase his visibility during this crisis, R13? He’s not a politician in office. If Andrew Cuomo wasn’t the governor of the state that’s become the epicenter of the pandemic in America, you wouldn’t see his ass, either. Joe can’t campaign. He probably shouldn’t even leave his house at his friggin age. And he’s hamstrung when it comes to making a general election pivot because he’s still technically running in a primary against Bernie Sanders who refuses to drop out. What do you want Joe to do, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 14March 29, 2020 1:50 PM

Well, he started his virtual town halls and updates pretty late and only after people criticized him for being virtually invisible. He also had no idea that you could have virtual press conferences from your home. Lol. A strong leader would have known how to offer advice and support for the American people during this difficult time and contrast the incompetent administration in Washington successfully. He should also have excellent experience and knowledge with pandemics and governmental response after the Ebola outbreak and swine flu during his terms as VP. He could have shared all of this with the American people and prepared them better and give them hope. Instead he chose to be invisible.

Bernie is not much better so questioning if these are the right candidates to lead the country during an exceptional crisis seems legitimate.

by Anonymousreply 15March 29, 2020 2:14 PM

With the country falling around our ears. Uncle Joe has a massive 9 POINT lead! Oye!

by Anonymousreply 16March 29, 2020 2:59 PM

r13, Warren proved herself to be untrustworthy. She promised no super pacs and then at the last minute accepted 14 million dollars from one. the superpac was financed by DNC elites so they could further split the progressive vote and hurt Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 17March 29, 2020 3:18 PM

In that same Fox poll, Biden has a crushing 25 point lead in swing counties that Trump won in 2016. He also has an 8 point lead in battleground states. Those are the most important numbers from the poll. And this was before the CV numbers started racking up.

by Anonymousreply 18March 29, 2020 3:32 PM

Anyone from Michigan who votes Trump in 2020 has a true peasant mentality.

Trump has lost Michigan permanently for the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 19March 29, 2020 4:23 PM

New ABC poll shows Biden with a 2 pt lead. Which would probably result in another electoral college win for Trump. Monmouth shows a 4 pt lead

by Anonymousreply 20March 29, 2020 5:20 PM

again National polls are IRRELEVANT

It is the electoral college that counts - they need to do polls on swing states to show how the race truly is.

by Anonymousreply 21March 29, 2020 5:22 PM

The twat @ r21 is in luck, because TRUMP IS STILL LOSING THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE, TOO!

The Trumpster Fire hasn't won the electoral college polls in over a year. The nation is sick of #CrookedDonald, so he's FIRED!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 29, 2020 6:00 PM

R22 Is Trump behind in Florida, Ohio, North Carolina or Pennsylvania those are the most important of the four swing states

by Anonymousreply 23March 29, 2020 6:03 PM

No they’re not R23.

It would be nice for Dems to win NC, OH, or FL, but they don’t need them. It’s PA, MI and WI which had been blue for decades that make the difference. They will be the easiest to swing back. Biden should focus on those 3 and AZ and he’s got it.

by Anonymousreply 24March 29, 2020 6:41 PM

Yes, r23. Just select each of those state's polls under the "General Election"bar.

The top, 4 Democrats, including Biden, have been beating Trump for over a year in the Electoral College!

All Biden needs are the Blue States Hillary lost plus Ohio, and he's been doing that consistently for over a year. Trump's lead in Florida is only ever 1% to 3%. But Biden doesn't need Florida, which has rigged its elections with voter suppression, anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 29, 2020 8:39 PM

[QUOTE] Bernie is not much better so questioning if these are the right candidates to lead the country during an exceptional crisis seems legitimate.

No, it doesn’t. How Joe Biden runs a hamstrung political campaign from his home is in no way reflective of how he’d be quarterbacking this crisis as President from the White House.

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2020 1:37 AM

Big enthusiasm gap with Trump.

Biden's 'very enthusiastic' numbers are comparable to Hillary's

Seriously, get someone else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 30, 2020 1:40 AM

The polls mean little at this point. According to RCP, the last polls at the end of March 2016 gave Hillary a 14, 13, and 11 point lead over Trump in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan respectively.

by Anonymousreply 28March 30, 2020 1:57 AM

[quote] R4: I'll never believe the "polls" again after the 2016 debacle. It's all gas-lighting, lies, and bullshit.

Yes, it was a shit show. Something to bear in mind, though, is when a poll says something like “Hillary has a 75% chance of winning” whatever; it don’t mean that it was guaranteed for Hillary. Trump still had a 25% chance of winning, in this example. This example didn’t mean that it was impossible for Trump to win, even though if felt like that was what was predicted.

by Anonymousreply 29March 30, 2020 2:06 AM

I guess we need a candidate like Bernie Sanders, whose supporters were so enthusiastic about him that they... oh that’s right—they didn’t bother to show up at all, leading to blowout after blowout against Biden as his campaign went down in flames.

by Anonymousreply 30March 30, 2020 2:23 AM

Have the Russians chimed in yet?

by Anonymousreply 31March 30, 2020 2:53 AM

[quote] President Trump continued to hold wide leads with his base voters, including conservatives, white evangelicals, regular churchgoers, white men, and whites without a college degree.

In other words, stupid people still love Trump.

by Anonymousreply 32March 30, 2020 3:32 AM

[QUOTE] Have the Russians chimed in yet?

The Russians never stopped chiming in. They’re now all over social media telling us how Biden needs to be dumped for Andrew Cuomo.

by Anonymousreply 33March 30, 2020 1:05 PM

The Russians are on this thread, r31.

by Anonymousreply 34March 30, 2020 3:19 PM

Who would be happy with a Biden/Cuomo ticket? Cuomo could take over when nearly 80 yo Biden drops dead or is to senile to continue. He said he would pick a woman, but I think he should reconsider.

by Anonymousreply 35March 30, 2020 4:02 PM

Are the Cuomo lovers the same people who tried to foist Bloomberg on us during his brief bout of popularity before South Carolina?

by Anonymousreply 36March 31, 2020 12:45 AM

Why does anyone imagine Cuomo would agree to be Biden's VP?

by Anonymousreply 37March 31, 2020 12:58 AM

[quote] It’s PA, MI and WI which had been blue for decades that make the difference. They will be the easiest to swing back.

and how is Donald Trump doing in PA?

by Anonymousreply 38March 31, 2020 1:04 AM

From today. Senate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 31, 2020 1:09 AM

I don’t know R38

Please enlighten us. I seriously doubt Scranton Joe Biden is trailing in PA.

by Anonymousreply 40March 31, 2020 1:13 AM

I’m not R38 but here’s the latest RCP average in PA. Biden leads Trump by 3.8 points. To put that in some perspective, the RCP average had Clinton leading Trump there by 2.1 points heading into Election Day.

by Anonymousreply 41March 31, 2020 1:39 AM

Biden is not losing PA to Trump, I don’t care what the RCP average says.

by Anonymousreply 42March 31, 2020 1:48 AM

The Economic Poll Trump Licker is getting ahead of himself today.

by Anonymousreply 43May 19, 2020 8:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!