Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Corona conspiracy theories...

I have heard a few including China create it in retaliation - but this one made me go hmmm.

Not many people have given this story legs but Trump and his administration have been pouring billions into farmers thanks to Trump's trade war. thanks to an old FDA law he has given more to the farmers than all the auto bailouts combined with no congressional review.

the theory goes - trump is using the virus - he knew it was a pandemic but delayed reaction to create this rush in the grocery stores - The demand for produce, meat and other foods is driving up the demand from farmers.

by Anonymousreply 81April 7, 2020 8:29 PM

To even think that Rump plans or strategizes anything at all is ludicrous. He careens from crisis to crisis with no thought other than "how can I make this work to my benefit in this very instant"

by Anonymousreply 1March 17, 2020 2:19 AM

According to Kelly Ann, per a clip on Twitter, FEMA has diverted food supplies, which is some of the cause of issues people have seen re: stores not being fully re-stocked. Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2020 3:49 AM

No way. Someone ate a bat. The end.

by Anonymousreply 3March 23, 2020 3:52 AM

Actually, I’d need the total numbers which are public. I can’t use vague comparisons - especially since Mother Jones and Wapo have been reporting farmers slammed by the trade war and ICE agency shenanigans without relief.

by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2020 3:56 AM

The demand, though, is not for fresh produce and meat—it’s for canned goods and frozen food, things that were made with ingredients that the farmers sold a while ago.

by Anonymousreply 5March 23, 2020 4:19 AM

Interestingly Putin seems fine. ...

by Anonymousreply 6March 23, 2020 4:23 AM

Maybe this is a mass plot to weed out people! There’s too many people on the planet. Therefore they create a virus to wipe out a bunch of us!

by Anonymousreply 7March 23, 2020 4:25 AM

I agree with R7. It’s a culling of the herd, with the oldest and most compromised being sacrificed. I think children were spared on purpose

by Anonymousreply 8March 23, 2020 4:34 AM

R8 is it man made though or just mother nature weeding out he herd?

by Anonymousreply 9March 23, 2020 4:38 AM

I’m not sure. I think the odds are against it being manmade but who is to say for sure? Part of me can see it being manmade, just based on the climate change / world overpopulation alarm bells that have been rung over the last few years. But if it was manmade I dont think it was a government that did it.

by Anonymousreply 10March 23, 2020 4:41 AM

The point is that human behavior in its current form is so fucking silly that I’ll try not to judge past chucklefucks so harshly.

We have mask thieves and resellers.

by Anonymousreply 11March 23, 2020 4:44 AM

East vs. West

It's not over yet, but look at Europe and Australia, they are asking for help directly from China, South Korea and Japan, praise Singapore and Taiwan and learn from them on how to control the spread, no one is asking USA which is a hot mess itself, who do you think the rest of the world Africa and South America will seek advice and help from?

East wins!

by Anonymousreply 12March 23, 2020 4:47 AM

Man made, deliberately released as an intimidation tactic and show of strength to the West against rising criticism of China.

I’m sure everyone at the political level knows this, but who can talk about it?

It would be WWIII.

by Anonymousreply 13March 23, 2020 4:48 AM

R13 if that's true, judging from how Trump gloating in January to totally lost it last week, the scheme was meant to derail China but backfired tremendously!

by Anonymousreply 14March 23, 2020 4:53 AM

I meant man made by the Chinese.

by Anonymousreply 15March 23, 2020 4:55 AM

Nobody in the Trump Administration is that sophisticated.

If Trump wants something, he just steals it. And he's monetizing the White House plenty -- security funding pumping his luxury hotels with undue cash + selling U.S. foreign policy to any dictator, for any purpose (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and possibly Russia).

So Trump is getting enough through more direct grifts and everyone is just letting him commit these crimes. So why should he stop or do something elaborate?

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2020 5:01 AM

In the press conference today Trump was smirking and cocking his head in goofy ways, kept saying he was rich. He thinks it's a poor people's problem.

by Anonymousreply 17March 23, 2020 5:10 AM

R15 lol, obviously you didn't follow the conspiracy theory, from the start the conspiracy is the virus was released by America to derail China, the hard hitting Iran, Italy, German and Europe are major players in China OROB project, and everything was moving as planned, until one unexpected thing happened, the strain mutated in Europe and went right back to US, remember in January the confirmed patients showing up sporadically in US but all under control, nothing happened, because these were strains from Wuhan/China/Asia, Starting February, the imported case from Europe showing up in Washington and New York, the mutated Euro strains far more damaging and contagious, the US was caught unprepared, remember the test kits from CDC didn't work, Why? Because they were tailored to detect the original virus released in China, they didn't not work well for mutated ones from Europe.

Didn't this make more sense than anything you have read so far? Lol

by Anonymousreply 18March 23, 2020 5:15 AM

It's because the way human treat animals is making humans and animals alike sick.

by Anonymousreply 19March 23, 2020 7:25 AM

*Humans

by Anonymousreply 20March 23, 2020 7:25 AM

ATL - acceptable tactical losses - who is getting hit the hardest? New York and California - who didn't vote for Trump? New York and California.

by Anonymousreply 21March 23, 2020 4:10 PM

I'd lean toward this being a Russian created virus if anything BUT it's more likely mother nature is just fucking angry at us.

by Anonymousreply 22March 23, 2020 4:50 PM

Well, if FEMA inserted itself and diverted whatever part of the food supply then that itself would create a shake up in the chain.

by Anonymousreply 23March 23, 2020 5:01 PM

The virus evolved organically. That does not exclude a malicious actor using a natural virus for their own ends.

by Anonymousreply 24March 23, 2020 5:10 PM

Well MY batshit conspiracy theory is that Amazon.com created the virus, to drive all the brick-and-mortar businesses in the world into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 25March 23, 2020 5:56 PM

I still It’s odd that this virus is getting people to be so careful and that it’s being encouraged by those in charge. I know people don’t care about each other especially the weak among us otherwise we wouldn’t have so many homeless people and nobody would abandon their parents in homes. Im not saying it’s right but we live in a cold society. The whole thing is strange and suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 26March 23, 2020 8:41 PM

There have been pandemics throughout history. Some of them caused whole civilisations to fall. This virus is made by nature. Like all the others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 24, 2020 12:00 AM

Bill Gates wants to microchip us.

Fuck that and fuck him!!

by Anonymousreply 28March 24, 2020 12:04 AM

50-50 % chance that Covid-19 is either a naturally occurring RNA virus that made the leap from another species ( such as bat or that poor creature that begins with a P) just like SARS was , or the Creation of that level -5 lab in Wuhan that was Fucking around with CRISPR bio-technology. And by insinuating the latter, I don't necessarily mean it was done on purpose- some nameless tech or scientist got careless and forgot to wipe his shoes thoroughly or undergo complete decontamination one time. Though it * IS* interesting that a VERY similar specimen to the Corona virus we're dealing with now, was supposedly sneaked out of Canada to the Wuhan lab only a couple of years ago and supposedly the Pentagon is a BIG funder of the same place. So many threads leading to the same place...

by Anonymousreply 29March 24, 2020 12:33 AM

[quote] Bill Gates wants to microchip us.

He talked about his plan in this CHILLING video (around 2:00). The goal is to stop global warming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 24, 2020 12:42 AM

I don’t subscribe to most conspiracy theories, but I can totally see this as being a plan to stop the Hong Kong protests that backfired. We know the virus disproportionately affects both men and the elderly. Hong Kong has a very large elderly population, and who was doing most of the protesting? Men, of course. The virus was manufactured. They wanted to destabilize Hong Kong but instead ended up taking out Italy. What a damn shame. That’s what I could believe anyway.

by Anonymousreply 31March 24, 2020 12:56 AM

Please talk about population control aspect. ( not by Nature )

And the weird rise of martial law and how most countries are on board.

by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2020 6:45 AM

R32, this is worth a look. Also, check out the Georgia Guidestones, who turned 40 last weekend.

We are living in 12 monkeys...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 25, 2020 4:39 AM

R33 That is intense. I'm going to have to watch it in 10 minutes segments I can't digest it all at once. Too scary.

by Anonymousreply 34March 25, 2020 6:52 AM

This one too, R34

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 27, 2020 1:37 AM

We have few already

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 27, 2020 1:55 AM

Two

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 27, 2020 1:56 AM

R35, the first part of the Anonymous clip is good, I just finished the last part and it gets kinda religious.

12 monkeys is excellent, the film or the mini doc.

by Anonymousreply 38March 27, 2020 2:01 AM

For chaos agents it doesn't matter who wins, only that everything goes to shit.

by Anonymousreply 39March 27, 2020 2:07 AM

Who benefits the most?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 27, 2020 2:22 AM

The living in 12 monkeys video.. are they right wing gun types? I’ve made it about half way through.

Idk.. I do think there is more than just a wet market meal gone wrong here. I do think we have been misled with the virus, low risk, no human to human transmission, low risk, low risk .. CDC and WHO minimizing till extreme

My thoughts are more perhaps at BSL4 lab in Wuhan, working on a SARS vaccine and mishandled waste.

by Anonymousreply 41March 27, 2020 4:49 AM

I believe it's all real, but I still think this is mass hysteria. A bunch of 80 year olds are dying. Why are we shutting down society for that.

by Anonymousreply 42March 27, 2020 4:50 AM

US’s plan to destroy China has backfired. It’s man made and made in the US

by Anonymousreply 43March 27, 2020 4:57 AM

Look at what city was hit hardest. Of course China sent people over to purposely infect others.

Even if you account for density NYC should not have that many. It was very clever of them to strike first in Washington and the West Coast to throw us off the trail.

This is so biological warfare.

by Anonymousreply 44March 27, 2020 5:32 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 27, 2020 12:59 PM

Great thread for mass-blocking Russian trolls.

by Anonymousreply 46March 27, 2020 1:01 PM

This is an interesting dimension.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 27, 2020 1:02 PM

1) The virus has been detected in human waste, as has been known for weeks. What risk does this pose to the water supply? There have been outbreaks of viral pnemonia due to water.

2) Many governments sell or distribute treated human waste to farmers or hobby gardeners. I know. Is the virus something that can get into the food supply/land?

by Anonymousreply 48March 27, 2020 1:04 PM

R48

For real? That is some scary fucking shit. Pun intended.

by Anonymousreply 49March 27, 2020 1:27 PM

R48 is right, and it's terrifying. Why? Because with the lack of toilet paper, a lot of people are using paper towels and other not easily soluble papers to wipe themselves. As a result, sewer systems will soon be clogging up, meaning that the shit will hit the streets. Shit filled with the virus.

More reason to stay indoors.

by Anonymousreply 50March 27, 2020 1:30 PM

R42 no it's not just "80 yr olds". This was the worst thing the governments did -- making it seem like it only killed old people.

As far as conspiracies, the way it got out to the public will never be fully answered, but the response was definitely delayed on purpose -- we know this because Republican politicians were selling off their stocks ahead of time, while Trump was calling it a hoax. That's not even up for debate. They knew it was coming but used it tp their advantage.

They are still using it to their advantage. Look at how Trump tried sneaking in relief for himself, while Americans are losing jobs and have bills to pay. In my area of NYS, they have no one answering phones at unemployment-- it's been saying "call back", with an automatic hang up.

They are done being patient with people and don't give a shit if we die. ONE DAMN WEEK and they needed an emergency stimulus, but they still want us all back to work ASAP?! Come on...

If this wasn't the emergency they made it out to be, and it's all media hype, why are they debating bailouts? No billion dollar companies should go under that quickly.

by Anonymousreply 51March 27, 2020 2:34 PM

I'm with R29. I read an article that they were experimenting with genetically modified SARS-viruses and testing them on animals. Perhaps one of these animals (a bat or Viverridae) escaped the lab and some Chinese person unrelated to the lab found the animal, killed it an went on to sell the meat at the wet market. There is even an American scientist related to the lab who said that the possibility that the virus escaped the lab cannot be ruled out, even though he thinks it is unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 52March 27, 2020 2:51 PM

The way the R’s pushing us all to go back to work kill us all

by Anonymousreply 53March 27, 2020 5:45 PM

Response was not just delayed in US, always look at the bigger picture.

by Anonymousreply 54March 28, 2020 12:55 AM

I remember when only smart people had access to the Internet

by Anonymousreply 55March 28, 2020 1:09 AM

The whole Trump family is in hiding because they are infected with Covid-19, some very seriously. They caught it at the big birthday bash at Mar-a-Lago, and brought it back to Washington. But they are being treated by top doctors, getting blood transfusions, experimental drugs, etc.

If even one of them dies- Trump is done.

by Anonymousreply 56March 28, 2020 1:20 AM

This plannedemic is definitely one way for them to get what they want.

To force us into a cashless Society

Discuss

by Anonymousreply 57March 28, 2020 2:35 AM

Read and ponder, in light of the Georgia Guidestones and the scenario laid out here, this this what we are seeing? CV not only seems to target men, the old and the sick, there are some preliminary studies indicatiing it impacts male fertility thus hitting on a depop goal at both ends. Of course, this would likely render countries more vulnerable as well. The fertility effects on men will likely become more clear over time.

Read this scenario - do you want to live in this world? Look who comes out on top.

twitter.com/MrsMMissy/status/1243692165357764608/photo/1

www.futuresstrategygroup.com/

www.uscg.mil/Portals/0/Strategy/Scenario%20Treading%20Water.pdf

Coronavirus and its successors certainly plays a large role in that scenario.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 28, 2020 7:52 PM

R58 ummh.. this is DL sorry TL:DR

by Anonymousreply 59March 28, 2020 8:09 PM

This is really stupid. Yes, there was a surge - but it is going to even out. The stockpile people created for themselves will delay demand and then everything will equalize.

by Anonymousreply 60March 28, 2020 8:25 PM

Will many people have jobs to go back to, R60? And how many will still have them in 2021? Think about the longer term. So much of the curent US economy is fast casual dining, coffee, travel. If people do not feel flush later this year, even if the economy is re-opened, how many more jobs will be lost? With all of the $ dumped into the economy, what will inflation be like?

I have seen people online discussing starting a garden or starting to frequent thrift stores in the future. The curent economy was built on a certain level of consumption. Even if they have funds, questionable, will people feel like they want to get on a cruise? Airplane? Spend $100/mo at Starbucks?

This is not like the Irish Potato Famine where many emigrated to other countries with better economies. This is everywhere. Obsessing about toilet paper or memes is a distraction from the much bigger unease we all feel on some level.

Historically the way out of a depression has been war. How likely is it that normal as we knew it is ever going to be completely restored?

by Anonymousreply 61March 29, 2020 12:40 AM

The US bill created a digital currancy, so likely, R57.

by Anonymousreply 62March 29, 2020 12:42 AM

R62 could you explain and link?

by Anonymousreply 63March 29, 2020 1:11 AM

That Dump only stopped calling it the “Chinese Virus” because people were starting to call it the “Trump Virus”.

So, it scares him. Good to know.

by Anonymousreply 64March 29, 2020 1:16 AM

I still want to know why Trump had that unplanned visit to Walter Reed in Novemver as the first cases were being detected in China. Coincidence?

by Anonymousreply 65March 29, 2020 1:40 AM

R65

I had forgotten about that

by Anonymousreply 66March 29, 2020 1:57 AM

I want to know if they are related as well, R65.

Next question: is his ‘only 15 cases/going to go away soon’ gaff him repeating what they told him when he was inoculated?

by Anonymousreply 67March 29, 2020 1:59 AM

Virologists have looked at the DNA sequence of Covid-19 and concluded that it is extremely unlikely that this was a created virus. I'm not a virologist so I didn't understand nor remember all the reasons, but it did sound like they knew what they were talking about. Sorry - I didn't save the link

by Anonymousreply 68March 29, 2020 2:50 AM

All virologists everywhere are on the take.

by Anonymousreply 69March 29, 2020 2:54 AM

My greatest fear is the *next* COVID-19. Will it be deadlier?

by Anonymousreply 70March 29, 2020 3:10 AM

The deadliest!

by Anonymousreply 71March 29, 2020 3:12 AM

I have been following the conspiracy theories as a hobby. Before I started to work from home, I employed this knowledge to make Trump supporters in the office go insane. I would just tell them one every time they brought up the hoax thing.

China rules the world. China started working on a virus that would only kill Asians. During it's development, it got loose. The plan was to release into Taiwan, Japan, SK, the usual suspects in SE Asia, then have the vaccination in it's back pocket. It got out too soon.

Janitor sells Wuhan bio-lab monkey or other animal to Wuhan wet market. To make extra cash, someone sold the animals they were testing to the wet market. Take it from there.

CDC closes biolab in bumfuck southern state for not being careful. This is a fact that the CDC did close the lab. China latches on and says that the virus escaped from that lab and has been in the US the whole time. They claim it was brought over when a military delegation from the US came to China for some big military meeting.

Canadian miscreant spy scientist. True, Canada did kick out a scientist that was a spy. Canada says that he stole virus samples from their lab, and took them to China, where they fucked up and let them loose.

It's been here all the time. China says that the genetic material of the virus is found in all the viruses that were going around the country this fall. They also claim that the vaping mystery illness and the kid sickness that we had that also was mystery was part of this. We let the CDC closed lab virus loose, then they say we exported it to China.

The other ones involve aliens, planetary alignments, comets exploding or currently due to enter the solar system, the new Atlas comet, Nirubu, and magnetism.

So when a Magamoron comes up and starts mouthing off, say yes! Then pick your theory, tie Trump to it and watch their eyes glaze over. Shuts them up every time.

by Anonymousreply 72March 29, 2020 4:42 AM

[quote] Virologists have looked at the DNA sequence of Covid-19 and concluded that it is extremely unlikely that this was a created virus.

You certainly are a well behaved little sheep, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 73March 29, 2020 10:20 PM

The whole mask bullshit.

We know damn well masks protect, even non n95 from lessening viral load. Why the hell were we lied to for so many weeks and months about the necessity of masks?

It wasn’t for protecting HCW, as they are being forced to work without and reuse. We had months and both CDC and WHO lied? Why?

Why do I see on WHO twitter how to triage ARDS and other such treatment .. when up until 2 weeks ago it was oh very mild for most, mild for most, mild, mild, MILD!

Now it’s not that at all. Who is benefiting here??

by Anonymousreply 74March 30, 2020 3:33 AM

I think that narrative was tied to availability, R74, and the wish to prioritize masks going to health care professionals. Once there is a surplus of masks I expect them to do a 180 and match the recommendation of SK, Taiwan, HK, etc.

If you Google you will find many ideas as to how to make masks out of common household items. Not all require sewing.

Stay well, DLrs!

by Anonymousreply 75March 31, 2020 5:56 AM

[quote]that people were starting to call it the “Trump Virus”.

Taking US-centricity to a whole new level!

by Anonymousreply 76March 31, 2020 6:46 AM

This conspiracy theory was really intriguing until it went off the rails at the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 31, 2020 8:59 PM

R77 please share so we don’t have to watch.

by Anonymousreply 78April 1, 2020 2:24 PM

I based my "theory" on where in the world Wuflu is most prevalent. The West. You could say that it's mere coincidence that the highest number of infections are in Europe and North America due to the high levels of contact, especially, as in Italy's case, with the city at the epicenter of the virus, Wuhan. Yet there are almost 250,000 Chinese working in Africa and more than a million Africans working in China, yet Africa has relatively few incidences of infection, and those Africans who were infected came from Europe, not China. Again, you could say that the Chinese working in Africa and Africans working in China simply had no contact with Wuflu Central. Perhaps . . .

But I just can't get past the feeling that this was a most successful experiment in bringing the West to its knees. An experiment that China can repeat at will, with no repercussions. If this is indeed the case, China has well and truly illustrated that they are masters of the world. And all of us are at the mercy of China's whim and fancy.

by Anonymousreply 79April 1, 2020 2:51 PM

This is seeming more like a bio weapon.

by Anonymousreply 80April 7, 2020 7:48 PM

C'mon now. Do any of you truly believe China and it' countS? FUCK NO! China's numbers of the infected and the dead are bullshit LIES! WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more are infected and dead.

by Anonymousreply 81April 7, 2020 8:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!