Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Calling DL Conspiracy Theorists

If you were to use your powers of wild supposing on Corona, what would you say would be the reason to use it as a world wide hoax?

For me:

How do you hide the fact the global fiat monetary system has collapsed and prevent the masses from revolting?

Release a virus and hype it into a pandemic.

Your turn.

by Anonymousreply 35March 20, 2020 10:04 AM

[quote]How do you hide the fact the global fiat monetary system has collapsed and prevent the masses from revolting?

Doesn't make sense since people are spending a lot more than they normally would to stockpile. Additionally, the panicked selling on the financial markets increases demand on actual money, rather than simply holding paper profits.

If anything, which is turning more true than most of us would like, if it were a "hoax," it would be to achieve authoritarian control by governments. They would do as they are, instituting measures to control movement of people, greater control over the media by soaking up all the oxygen with covid-19 stories, and creating restrictions - in the name of getting control over the pandemic situation.

by Anonymousreply 1March 17, 2020 5:04 PM

[quote]Calling DL Conspiracy Theorists

Shhhhhh! Don't do that!

by Anonymousreply 2March 17, 2020 5:05 PM

R1 actually sounds plausible to me.

I mean, when you consider the fact that around 34,200 people died last year from the common flu in the US alone, one has to wonder why all this fuss about COVID-19??

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2020 5:19 PM

There is something going on, more than just the flu.

Not saying the flu is not real, just that there is more to this situation.

by Anonymousreply 4March 17, 2020 5:23 PM

Shhhhhhh.

Don't tell anybody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 17, 2020 5:28 PM

Holy shit, R5! That is some scary stuff! One wonders why this has not been picked up and carried by a national news agency.

by Anonymousreply 6March 17, 2020 8:46 PM

Patriot Act was Part One. This is Part Two. Obama got a “reprieve” from these stunts because TARP had to pass and keep banks safe. It’s not a coincidence that Patriot Act and now this response were floated upon two bumbling Presidents.

by Anonymousreply 7March 17, 2020 9:02 PM

Could it be that it's bullshit, OP? Mindless scare-mongering of which there's way, way too much?

Mint Press News, huh?

by Anonymousreply 8March 17, 2020 9:08 PM

I'm still sticking to my theory it was to torpedo the primary elections, especially Ohio's. Dewine started laying the groundwork a few weeks ago, cancelling this and postponing that- to make it look like a pattern. But the goal was to move the primary wayyy up to June, so Bernie could do more damage and they can get the optics of Biden sitting on the witness stand over the Burisma farce.

by Anonymousreply 9March 17, 2020 9:12 PM

But that doesn't explain what's happening to other countries, R9. If it were just US-specific, maybe, because I would put nothing past the Rethugs.

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2020 9:20 PM

You do realize that scientists have been predicting for years that a pandemic, or even several pandemics, would occur.

This was not only likely, but inevitable.

If you're going to go on a wild conspiracy rant, you should actually be questioning why this outbreak isn't MORE severe and killing more people to create peak panic.

by Anonymousreply 11March 17, 2020 10:22 PM

Get your ball sack out of a twist r8, this stuff is just for speculation.

by Anonymousreply 12March 18, 2020 2:48 AM

Make us fear for our lives so we give up our rights and accept Martial Law.

by Anonymousreply 13March 18, 2020 3:36 AM

Jaime Lee Curtis was born a hermaphrodite. Given hormones, raised as a girl.

Darius Rucker, ( singer of Bootie and the Blowfish) was born a hermaphrodite. Given hormones, raised as a boy. Hence, the rich baritone voice.

by Anonymousreply 14March 18, 2020 3:40 AM

[bold]Problem, reaction, solution[/bold]

Problem: Highly contagious, impossible-to-contain virus with frighteningly high mortality rate.

Reaction: Worldwide population willing to relinquish civil liberties, imprison themselves in their own homes, etc to avoid sickness and death. Global economies and currencies collapse.

Solution: Cashless/electronic global financial system emerges; massive consolidation of power and wealth; Orwellian surveillance and control of the entire planet's population via cashless transitions through central bank and face recognition technology.

by Anonymousreply 15March 18, 2020 3:49 AM

Current trending conspiracy theory (includes Oprah, sex trafficking, Coronovirus, the Vatican, mass arrests, etc):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2020 4:35 AM

Here you go r15.

Senate Leadership Is Pushing Through a Dangerous Surveillance Bill as Americans Are Focused on Covid-19

article at the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2020 2:26 PM

I find it hilarious that Republicans always said Obama would be the one to put martial law in place but Trump is about to do it.

Also, Trump has been exposed to like 5 people infected people and is negative... I thought it was highly contagious.

by Anonymousreply 18March 20, 2020 7:04 AM

Will Covid take out Dump?

by Anonymousreply 19March 20, 2020 7:39 AM

r18 he’s protected by impermeable layers of makeup.

by Anonymousreply 20March 20, 2020 7:58 AM

OP wins.

None of the current currencies are making it out of this alive.

by Anonymousreply 21March 20, 2020 8:20 AM

I don;t believe that this virus was planned in any way, shape or form.

But I do believe completely evil people are trying to make it work for them.

Beyond the obvious greed of the Kushners (scum), you have even more frightening people like Steve Bannon, who would gladly kill 20% of the world's population in order to create a fascist dystopia - and has said as much.

I'm sure he's salivating over the thought of bodies piling up in the streets.

by Anonymousreply 22March 20, 2020 8:31 AM

And no one has begun to question why Wuflu has quickly spread in wealthy, first-world countries, while in the vast majority of poverty-stricken third-world countries, it's virtually unknown.

by Anonymousreply 23March 20, 2020 8:47 AM

^ Poverty stricken third world residents don't jet set around the world as much.

by Anonymousreply 24March 20, 2020 8:49 AM

Nor do poverty third-world countries have the facilities for testing on a wide scale.

They will be the last and hardest hit, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 25March 20, 2020 8:51 AM

Do you own your own body, OP?

by Anonymousreply 26March 20, 2020 8:52 AM

Believe in conspiracy theories is a hallmark of white trash!

by Anonymousreply 27March 20, 2020 9:02 AM

[quote]They will be the last and hardest hit, unfortunately.

HUGE assumption. Especially given that most of those poverty-stricken third-world countries have barred wealthy first world countries from entering. Especially given that wealthy first-world media/governments/health organisations are spreading far more panic than realistic information.

by Anonymousreply 28March 20, 2020 9:05 AM

[quote]Believe in conspiracy theories is a hallmark of white trash!

Belief in conspiracy theories is the hallmark of the human condition.

Belief that this condition occurs solely in Whites is the hallmark of RACIST trash.

by Anonymousreply 29March 20, 2020 9:08 AM

Trump and his main flunkies have the vaccine, that's why Trump is not afraid to go out in crowds and shake hands and has been elusive about his testing

by Anonymousreply 30March 20, 2020 9:08 AM

R29 “ Belief in conspiracy theories is the hallmark of the human condition“ is false.

The vast majority of people I (unfortunately) know believe the moon landings were faked and Elvis is still alive in physical form.

Don’t try to lower the human species to the same level as these idiots.

by Anonymousreply 31March 20, 2020 9:15 AM

r30 Maybe Trump IS the vaccine and we will all have to drink his blood.

by Anonymousreply 32March 20, 2020 9:17 AM

[quote]Don’t try to lower the human species to the same level as these idiots.

Belief is conspiracy theories encompasses every race, ethnicity and belief system. The human race through its beliefs and actions is already as low as you can get.

by Anonymousreply 33March 20, 2020 9:39 AM

^^^ Belief IN ^^^

by Anonymousreply 34March 20, 2020 9:40 AM

The Spirit of Baba Yanga doesn't predict the world's future, she casts it.

by Anonymousreply 35March 20, 2020 10:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!