Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

John Cusack — Why has he never married?

I just finished watching [i]The Journey of Natty Gann.

He must have been about 18 or 19 in that film.

When asked in 2009 why he had never married, he answered, "Society doesn't tell me what to do.”

Who has he been linked with? And have there been any credible gay rumors about him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 1, 2020 5:35 AM

Because he's batshit crazy on Twitter and I can only imagine what it would be like to date him in real life.

by Anonymousreply 1March 16, 2020 6:23 AM

i remember that he dated Neve Campbell and Minnie Driver, but that seems like it was decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 2March 16, 2020 6:33 AM

He is an Irish drunk...who wants to marry that?

by Anonymousreply 3March 16, 2020 6:37 AM

Jeremy Piven was his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 4March 16, 2020 6:40 AM

He wears only black clothes.

by Anonymousreply 5March 16, 2020 10:33 AM

He played the wrong song to the love of his life?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 16, 2020 10:49 AM

His homely sister refuses to allow any other woman near him.

by Anonymousreply 7March 16, 2020 10:52 AM

Marriage is overrated.

by Anonymousreply 8March 16, 2020 10:53 AM

Multiple rumors have it that - even for the entertainment industry - he is a remarkably horrible asshole.

by Anonymousreply 9March 16, 2020 11:04 AM

Not good looking and smokes cigars. ewww.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 16, 2020 11:05 AM

Why can't a man just be bachelor? Maybe he's asexual. Maybe he doesn't want to hook up permanently with either/any gender. If you want him, boys, wishing ain't gonna make it so.

by Anonymousreply 11March 16, 2020 11:15 AM

Erectile dysfunction?

by Anonymousreply 12March 16, 2020 11:20 AM

He fancies himself a swingin' playboy who can't be tied down. It's a persona that becomes more and more grotesque as one ages.

by Anonymousreply 13March 16, 2020 11:31 AM

R13 You mean like Hugh Hefner?

by Anonymousreply 14March 16, 2020 11:33 AM

More interesting mystery; why did gorgeous Meredith Salenger agree to marry and raise the kids of a low-tier comic & subpar author who murdered his first wife and looks like a Potato-head? She was an ‘80s dream girl, she could have had virtually anyone in her bracket that she wanted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 16, 2020 11:34 AM

Wasn't he the bad tipper at strip clubs?

by Anonymousreply 16March 16, 2020 11:35 AM

Here’s the vintage gossip: “ Cusack, John. Cokehead and heavy drinker who can act very badly on occasion, and apparently has a bad reputation in Chicago. (Oh, John, say it ain't so!) Linked with Pamela Anderson, Neve Campbell, Minnie Driver, Claire Forlani, Meg Ryan, and Uma Thurman.“

by Anonymousreply 17March 16, 2020 11:57 AM

Stick to the topic R15 you asshole. As for John Cusack, both he and his sister are raging elitist assholes and he's also a Bernie Bro psycho to boot who's intolerant of anyone who dares disagree with him.

by Anonymousreply 18March 16, 2020 11:59 AM

He looks like he smells bad.

by Anonymousreply 19March 16, 2020 12:16 PM

I alwys heard no one wanted to work with again, who had worked with him once.....big fat turdy..

by Anonymousreply 20March 16, 2020 12:21 PM

I was supposed to see that movie, OP. But I went to the track with my grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 21March 16, 2020 12:23 PM

R18 is spot on. All indications are that he’s a raging narcissistic asshole who’s prone to temper tantrums. What woman could tolerate him enough to marry him?

Then again, lots of straight men fit the bill and have no problem finding a wife. And he’s a multi-millionaire. So it’s probably by his own choice.

by Anonymousreply 22March 16, 2020 12:24 PM

Didn't he and Tim Robbins have a thing in their youth?

by Anonymousreply 23March 16, 2020 12:43 PM

He and Tim Robbins managed to be banned from the Today Show after behaving badly when they were promoting "Tapeheads."

by Anonymousreply 24March 16, 2020 12:50 PM

Cause no one wood want him

by Anonymousreply 25March 16, 2020 12:59 PM

I love Ann Cusack-- please tell me she escaped the raging asshole gene that soured John and Joan!

by Anonymousreply 26March 16, 2020 1:11 PM

He never married because no one wants him. He has a horrible, but well-earned, reputation for being a Five Star Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 27March 16, 2020 1:18 PM

R25, Natalie would.

by Anonymousreply 28March 16, 2020 1:19 PM

I'm not really a fan of either but I'm still curious about why John and his life-long best friend, Jeremy Piven, are no longer friends.

by Anonymousreply 29March 16, 2020 1:19 PM

He knocked up Jodi Lyn O’Keefe and made her get an abortion

by Anonymousreply 30March 16, 2020 1:22 PM

R299 Because they finally realized each of them are assholes.

by Anonymousreply 31March 16, 2020 1:23 PM

@ r28 "r25, Natalie would."

... and did

by Anonymousreply 32March 16, 2020 1:24 PM

I have a lot of friends in the Chicago entertainment industry, most of whom are gay. Many know and hate him and I've never heard a single gay story from them.

by Anonymousreply 33March 16, 2020 1:26 PM

presented without comment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 16, 2020 1:35 PM

He was supposedly outed as a patron of an "infamous" (it says here) Los Angeles gay spa in "You'll Never Spa in This Town Again," a trashy book by one Robert Randolph

[quote]Find out what John Travolta, John Amos, John Cusack, Jeremy piven, Pauly Shore, George Michael, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Billy Zane, Andy Dick, Paul Giammatti and more have incommon----and it's not awards! A true steamy celebrity tell-all that the stars don't want you to read! You'll Never Spa In This Town Again A shocking tell-all tale Who's gay and Who's not Who's packin' and Who's lackin' In the secret celebrity Hollywood spa culture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 16, 2020 1:43 PM

Ewwww, he looks like Lt. Cmdr. Data in R10's photo.

by Anonymousreply 36March 16, 2020 1:46 PM

I think hes a very good actor,looks aside ,but being a raging asshole will follow you in life no matter what career you choose . He reaps what he sows . I love Joan , and I dont care how much of an asshole she is . "What about Debbie?!?"

by Anonymousreply 37March 16, 2020 2:31 PM

R18 the OP mentions the movie THE JOURNEY OF NATTY GANN in the first sentence of the thread. Meredith Salenger is best known for playing the eponymous role and the female lead opposite John Cusack in that movie. It’s germane to the thread albeit a tangent to mention her.

Let me drop some more movie trivia on you, since we’re having such a good time here: the Wolf character in THE JOURNEY OF NATTY GANN was played by the late ‘wolfdog’ (Alaskan Malamute x Vancouver Island Wolf crossbreed) and professional animal actor named Jed, who also portrayed White Fang in Disney's original adaptations of WHITE FANG as well as the first form of the alien creature in John Carpenter's THE THING. Jed died in the summer of 1995, at the ripe old age of 18.

Now, surely that is more interesting than the sex life of some haggard boring pretentious wife-beating drunk who did some popcorn movies thirty-five years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 16, 2020 2:33 PM

angry and cuntish

by Anonymousreply 39March 16, 2020 2:34 PM

I waited on him on a few times in Chicago - one time it was him, Joan and Ann, I believe. I wouldn’t say he was an asshole but he was kind of a retard. The Cusack kids do finish everything on their plate though.

by Anonymousreply 40March 16, 2020 2:37 PM

R39 She has a law degree now, but still acts.

I wish she had a bigger career. She was heartbreaking as the victim-of-the-week in an episode of Cold Case.

by Anonymousreply 41March 16, 2020 3:23 PM

I always assumed the relationship with Piven broke down because Piven's career started to take off. I think entourage may have been the nail in the coffin. Before that Piven was mostly given bit parts in Johns's movies. I don't think John could handle it.

by Anonymousreply 42March 16, 2020 8:45 PM

I had a friend who went to high school with the Cusacks and he said John was an asshole, but Joan was a darlin' girl.

by Anonymousreply 43March 16, 2020 8:52 PM

Why isn't Matt Dillon married?

by Anonymousreply 44March 16, 2020 8:56 PM

Wives can prove expensive -- especially if things don't work out, property gets split, and your career also happens to be on the decline.

So hookers are cheaper in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 45March 16, 2020 9:43 PM

The end of the Cusack/Piven friendship was explosive. Threats, etc. It didn’t end over mere career jealousy and they didn’t just grow apart.

But I don’t know the details.

by Anonymousreply 46March 16, 2020 9:53 PM

There might be gossip in the previous John Cusak thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 16, 2020 10:55 PM

He’s a dick and he dyes his hair. Also a zitface. Also has an anusmouth.

by Anonymousreply 48March 17, 2020 12:17 AM

R42 R46 Apparently Piven is quite the A-Hole too. I bet they made a nice couple. I admit it, I've got the sads that John Cusack is a jerk. I really, really, really liked him and his movies, especially Better off Dead and SA. Love Joan too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 17, 2020 9:28 AM

I think Matt Dillon is gay, along with Keanu Peeves, same age. Supposedly Keanu is going to marry some artist? I guess he decided to beard. It is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 50March 17, 2020 9:41 AM

Wasn't John Cusack the one who shit his pants on set and just left it there for his assistant to take care of .... on multiple occasions out of spite?

by Anonymousreply 51March 17, 2020 12:23 PM

R51, that's the John Cusack story that sprung to mind when I saw this thread.

I think he is just a mean alcoholic and a shitty person. He also hasn't aged well.

by Anonymousreply 52March 17, 2020 12:28 PM

He's turning into the male Susan Sarandon. Since he went full on Dem-bashing Bernie-Bro, I can't stand him or even the sight of him. I can't watch movies he's in anymore. I used to really like him.

by Anonymousreply 53March 17, 2020 12:30 PM

Drunks are usually jerks...why I am not sure.

by Anonymousreply 54March 17, 2020 12:31 PM

R46, I guess since Piven's name came up, it's time for me to retell the story that a friend told me... that he fucked Jeremey Piven in Vegas in a three way (all male). He's not the kind of person who ever brags or lies about this stuff. I actually believe him.

by Anonymousreply 55March 17, 2020 12:32 PM

there is no way is cock still works at his age and the way he drinks...without the help of dick pills.

by Anonymousreply 56March 17, 2020 12:38 PM

He's not interested in you Karen, get over it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 17, 2020 12:56 PM

I read, years ago, that the falling out between Cusack and Piven was because of casting in the movie High Fidelity. Piven was supposed to have the role of the witty sidekick that went to a Jack Black instead. I have no idea if that’s true, or how much influence Cusack had in the decision, since director Stephen Frears wanted Black for the role.

by Anonymousreply 58March 17, 2020 7:08 PM

Didn’t get get a lousy brow lift? I wouldn’t have pegged him as the plastic surgery type but I think that’s because for so long I thought he was genuinely like that character he played in Say Anything.

by Anonymousreply 59March 17, 2020 7:59 PM

He seems like an insufferable dick.

Why the hatred for sister Joan? Have I missed something? I always liked her.

by Anonymousreply 60March 17, 2020 8:05 PM

What I find interesting about him is that I dont think John's ever been shirtless on screen. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Some performers take off their clothes often, others once in a while, and others only briefly when they have to appear in a swimming pool or in a love scene.

John Cusack though keeps his shirt on in a hot tubs, swimming pools and in bed.

by Anonymousreply 61March 17, 2020 8:09 PM

R61 Yeah, it looks like this is about the most he's shown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 17, 2020 8:57 PM

And his flat ass in that hot tub movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 17, 2020 8:57 PM

He was great in the movie version of High Fidelity.

by Anonymousreply 64March 17, 2020 8:58 PM

Oh wait?! Is he wearing some kind of nylon body suit around his butt that hot tub scene!?

by Anonymousreply 65March 17, 2020 9:00 PM

Nude colored Spanx.

by Anonymousreply 66March 17, 2020 9:03 PM

Please, Frears is always the boss...not the star. Frears is a great.

by Anonymousreply 67March 17, 2020 9:11 PM

Maybe John suffers from the "Irish curse."

That would explain why he's not linked with anyone.

[quote] I had a friend who went to high school with the Cusacks and he said John was an asshole, but Joan was a darlin' girl.

Not according to Gabourey Sidibe.

On WWHL, Gabourey said that she met Joan at some event, and Joan flat out told her to find another career, because she would never find work in Hollywood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 17, 2020 9:34 PM

Didn’t Jeremy Piven get #MeTooed? Anyway, he’s talked a bit about their falling out:

One of the stranger side-effects of Piven’s success in Entourage was, apparently, the end of his childhood friendship with John Cusack. When asked by Best Life magazine in 2007 how Cusack was handling Piven’s success, Piven replied, “No comment. I mean, you could fill in the blank, I bet. It just says so much about a person if he has space for other people’s success.”

Cusack, for his part, released a statement saying, “It’s quite the contrary. I am very happy for Jeremy. I wish him the best and I always have.”

So are he and Cusack friends again? “You know, it’s interesting, because we met when we were kids at my parents’ theatre and my parents were doing The Seagull. We took turns playing the child and we were friends ever since. And Joan is such an angel. I have a lot of history with the Cusacks.”

That’s not really answering the question, Jeremy. “Well yeah, absolutely! Once you have such history with someone, then yeah. I think we were all lucky to find each other.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 17, 2020 9:47 PM

Didn't they all grew up together and Piven's Mom had an acting school and the Cusacks all attended.

by Anonymousreply 70March 17, 2020 9:50 PM

Cusack at an autograph show not bothering to take off his sunglasses as he gets $80 an autograph.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 17, 2020 9:52 PM

Were they JO buddies in high school?

by Anonymousreply 72March 17, 2020 9:57 PM

[quote]Cokehead and heavy drinker who can act very badly on occasion

I believe that.

by Anonymousreply 73March 17, 2020 10:00 PM

Just my opinion, but I don't know that John Cusack brings anything to a movie or a tv show. There are other actors who could easily take his place, my thoughts. It's not like people are thinking they need to see that new John Cusack movie. It seems he could be replaced by other more charismatic or relatable or interesting actors. (e.g. Maguire, Gyllenhaal, anyone from SHAMELESS or GOTHAM, even Piven).

I am R61, and I noticed it in that hot tub movie and in another movie where John Cusack had slept with a woman. It seemed that in situations where a man would typically be expected to have his shirt off, or at least show three inches of skin, it seemed to me that John Cusack was well covered up. Maybe he's all scarred. There's a few actors like that who keep their sweaters and shirts on or wrap themselves up during bed scenes, or at the beach, or in hot tubs, etc.

by Anonymousreply 74March 18, 2020 12:41 AM

Interesting r74

by Anonymousreply 75March 18, 2020 12:50 AM

the interview posted above makes me think he is just someone who doesn't cater to all of the false bullshit that people in Hwood like to spew about themselves.

it makes me like him more.

by Anonymousreply 76March 18, 2020 12:58 AM

He's never had any sex appeal for me. Even Say Anything, he was charming but not sexy.

by Anonymousreply 77March 18, 2020 2:19 AM

He's strictly straight to video these days. I would say that he's someone whose charm, limited as it was, has grown thin.

by Anonymousreply 78March 18, 2020 3:05 AM

I loved him in the "Grifters."

That's my favorite JC movie.

by Anonymousreply 79March 18, 2020 3:15 AM

I've only read about how awful he is. He does seem like a total douche. Career wise, I agree with R78. He was never really good looking, but he had his appeal. I liked The Sure Thing, Say Anything, Grosse Pointe Blank, and High Fidelity, but even by the latter, his appeal was fading. Now in his 50s, its totally evaporated.

by Anonymousreply 80March 18, 2020 3:22 AM

He's not aged well at all. Probably all the drinking and smoking. And I don't know what the hell, is up with his hair. He must not have that much money. He's doing straight to Netflix movies and comic cons. But I've heard too many rumors that he's a big notorious cheater. And treated Neve Campbell like dirt. Some men should not marry, who wants a miserable life with someone like that.

by Anonymousreply 81March 18, 2020 3:23 AM

R79 I love the Grifters too. It's sort of a primer on understanding the mentality of the Trumps, ie. that these people will do anything to pull a fast one and there's no limits to their grifting.

by Anonymousreply 82March 18, 2020 3:24 AM

Maybe he has a tiny dick.

by Anonymousreply 83March 18, 2020 3:25 AM

Always thought he would be an oscar-winning actor. Especially after seeing him in The Grifters. Boy, was I wrong.

by Anonymousreply 84March 18, 2020 3:26 AM

Cusack was excellent in The Grifters. As was Anjelica Huston and Annette Bening. He's made some ill chosen films (most of them)

by Anonymousreply 85March 18, 2020 3:33 AM

R85 And Annette Bening did a couple of full frontal scenes in the Grifters, pretty gutsy for an A list actress in the early 90s.

by Anonymousreply 86March 18, 2020 3:35 AM

R81, he's aged the worst out of all those brat pack types. That's the thing, younger he was sort of cute and I got his appeal. By High Fidelity and even Serendipity and those romantic comedies, it wasn't believable that these gorgeous women like Bridget Moynihan or Kate Beckinsale would ever be involved with this bloated, shlubby guy.

I also read he treated Jodi Lyn O'keefe like crap too.

by Anonymousreply 87March 18, 2020 3:40 AM

Yeah he kept doing these stupid romantic comedies. He was terrible in America's sweethearts.

by Anonymousreply 88March 18, 2020 3:49 AM

Jeremy London was SO good looking in that CRAPPY movie Mallrats (1995) he and his twin brother Jason aged FAR WORSE than John Cusack.

by Anonymousreply 89March 18, 2020 3:50 AM

Because he's an insufferable Bern Bro!

by Anonymousreply 90March 18, 2020 4:40 AM

[quote]By High Fidelity and even Serendipity and those romantic comedies, it wasn't believable that these gorgeous women like Bridget Moynihan or Kate Beckinsale would ever be involved with this bloated, shlubby guy.

Yeah unbelievable isn't it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 18, 2020 8:51 AM

R62's photo is a good reason why he has never done a lot of shirtless scenes. If the rest of his body is anything like his nipples and upper chest, it's why he's never done a lot of nude scenes.

Some people (me included) look better with clothes on.

by Anonymousreply 92March 18, 2020 9:05 AM

Was he banging Spader when they shot TRUE COLORS? The eye-fucking in dons scenes was quite audacious for the time, but then that whole movie was just one big thwarted homoerotic romance masquerading as a brolitical thriller.

For whatever it’s worth Cusack & Spader had great chemistry in it and seemed to like each other then, so either they were both better actors in their prime than some give credit or they had some kind of asshole sympatico like John & Jeremy.

It’s a half-decent film, too, and that’s coming from a John Cusack hater.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 18, 2020 11:20 AM

r15 Meredith aged out, men her age want a younger and hotter chick. By marrying Patton she is back in the spotlight, she gets to go to events with him and gets attention on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 94March 18, 2020 11:50 AM

Meredith has gotten heavier and sloppier looking since she married Oswalt, maybe she just wanted to feel safe to let herself go.

by Anonymousreply 95March 18, 2020 11:52 AM

He likes armpits. Licking them. Or so I hear.

by Anonymousreply 96March 18, 2020 12:12 PM

R96, who doesn't???

by Anonymousreply 97March 18, 2020 12:27 PM

r81, I think he has a lot of money. He was supposedly an early investor in HuffPo and cashed out when they made that big deal w AOL. This may not be accurate information but I heard it in passing somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 98March 18, 2020 3:35 PM

My sister saw him once on Chicago Metra North train. She moved into the vestibule to get off at the next station and he was standing in the vestibule. She recognized him and he saw that she did and just nodded to her. I assume he planned to get off in Evanston which was a few stops beyond hers.

Wasn't he supposed to be the "Armpit Sniffer" of some old gossip story? I seem to remember that people all thought it was Clooney who denied it and then he encountered Cusack (no conversation) who indicated to Clooney that he (Cuasck) was the guy. Anyone else remember this story? I seem to remember it was written as part of some magazine article and talked about some actor who got turned on by sniffing a woman's armpit. Anyway, whenever I see a picture of him, I remember that story.

by Anonymousreply 99March 18, 2020 8:30 PM

It isn't just that Cusack hasn't aged well. His face isn't built for looking good in middle/old age. Boyish, pretty men tend to look awful as they get older. They don't have the bone structure to keep everything from sagging. DiCaprio has a similar problem, but, since his career isn't built on romantic comedies, it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 100March 18, 2020 9:12 PM

r100 It's true.

by Anonymousreply 101March 18, 2020 11:08 PM

John Cusack is a fucking asshole, and always has been.

by Anonymousreply 102March 19, 2020 12:28 AM

He was very good in THE JACK BULL, but as his dad was directing and cast him he didn’t have an excuse to be anything less.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103March 19, 2020 12:49 AM

R100, he was never pretty, certainly no DiCaprio. He was sort of cute when he was younger, but he was charismatic in his roles. He is sagging and doughy now, but he was never in the Rob Lowe, Matt Dillon category, both of whom still look waaay better than Cusack .

by Anonymousreply 104March 19, 2020 12:54 AM

For a hot minute Cusack dated singer Susannah Melvoin (Prince's former girlfriend and the twin sister of The Revolution's Wendy). Then she dumped him for Seal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 19, 2020 3:37 AM

He smells like ass.

by Anonymousreply 106March 19, 2020 4:21 AM

I was a teen when his teen comedies were popular and I never found him attractive.

by Anonymousreply 107March 19, 2020 4:28 AM

I can't believe in 2020 people still expect all straight men to be married by a certain age. So 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 108March 19, 2020 7:50 AM

He showed his ass in a recent movie he did with Nicole Kidman in a sex scene. I think it is called paperboy Zac elfron is in it also. It is probably cusack most raunchy scene. The sex scene are quiet sloppy and kind of terrible but it was ballsy of him to do it.

by Anonymousreply 109March 19, 2020 8:48 AM

He comes off as just sour and angry in everything he does now which it sounds like is just his real personality coming through.

by Anonymousreply 110March 19, 2020 10:28 AM

R58 I don't think that's true because Piven appeared in two films with Cusack (Serendipity and The Runaway) after that according to IMDB.

R69 Yes. He was accused of sexual assault by multiple women and there were rumors that he had a lot more victims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 19, 2020 5:34 PM

So Piven's career is essentially over and Cusack has outlasted his brief post-Entourage fame.

by Anonymousreply 112March 20, 2020 9:43 AM

Piven is a known sex pest and a mean one so the fact he was besties with Cusack doesn't say much for Cusack.

by Anonymousreply 113March 20, 2020 10:10 AM

Piven has always been the more fuckable of the two.

by Anonymousreply 114March 20, 2020 12:16 PM

R112. He has outlast it by making direct to DVD movies. Yeap cusack won.

by Anonymousreply 115March 20, 2020 1:20 PM

Cusak is still working though. Piven was cancelled by metoo.

by Anonymousreply 116March 20, 2020 2:08 PM

He is repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 117March 20, 2020 2:52 PM

Never forget he was the background actor playing the nameless nerdy friend of Anthony-Michael Hall in SIXTEEN CANDLES. Did he even have lines? Irrespective, that is the level of role at which he ought to have remained.

Not that Anthony-Michael isn’t a lifelong card-carrying asshole, too, but he also has a shred of ability and can be moderately entertaining playing a character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 20, 2020 4:38 PM

R118 That's how I always saw him - as the sidekick, not the lead.

by Anonymousreply 119March 20, 2020 8:26 PM

[quote] It isn't just that Cusack hasn't aged well. His face isn't built for looking good in middle/old age. Boyish, pretty men tend to look awful as they get older. They don't have the bone structure to keep everything from sagging. DiCaprio has a similar problem, but, since his career isn't built on romantic comedies, it doesn't matter.

Yeah, Rob Lowe and Brad Pitt really look terrible! :/

John Cusack was never boyish or pretty. I remember seeing him in Class, which was in the 80s (starring Andrew McCarthy and Rob Lowe, with Jacqueline Bissett and Cliff Robertson). I think it was the first time I had ever seen him. Played a prep school kid (in a movie set in Chicago, like everything seemed to be at the time), He stood out, he played a wiseass, he had a face you could remember.

Maybe he's an asshole but he's getting work, he's not a big star so why do people choose to work with assholes? He must be a good actor and a hard worker, at least. I don't know why DL is so conservative but people make pronouncements about Cusack and Susan Sarandon as if everyone will agree with you. I don't. Also I read the article "presented without comment" and saw nothing negative about it, or him.

by Anonymousreply 120March 20, 2020 8:54 PM

Actually R15 answers the question better than anyone, by answering another question completely to show that su h questions are sometimes not answerable.

The siblings Cusack both strike me as potentially difficult sorts, but who knows? Who knows what attracts one person to another - those madly in love sorts who have fuck all in common? And why is marriage any indication of anything? If a man married it's to have a beard, and if he doesn't marry it's because he's gay - both are truths on DL.

I know straight people who never married and yet were pretty clearly straight and not celibate. And the same for gay people.

The better question is why do so many celebrities marry, and why at such young ages?

by Anonymousreply 121March 21, 2020 12:50 AM

"The better question is why do so many celebrities marry"

Exactly, R121. Given community property laws and the likelihood of divorce, why would any celebrity marry anyone. Prenups can be broken by a judge.

Just don't do it.

by Anonymousreply 122March 21, 2020 12:30 PM

Joan seemed nice but then there was that video of her being a smug asshole to a TMZ guy and then she said all those horrible things right to Gabourey Sidibe's face so she's a true bitch.

by Anonymousreply 123March 21, 2020 1:55 PM

[R62]: What’s that dark area of skin between his pecs? Looks like scar tissue.

by Anonymousreply 124March 21, 2020 2:17 PM

R124 I think the photo resolution is sub-par (screencap from a video). But in the video itself, it looks more like a patch of hair on his chest.

by Anonymousreply 125March 21, 2020 7:36 PM

He's an asshole

by Anonymousreply 126March 21, 2020 7:42 PM

DiCaprio. Owen Wilson. Al Pacino, Diane Keaton, Hugh Grant, Benicio Del Toro, Ricky Gervais, Jon Hamm, Mary Louise Parker, Tyra Banks.

by Anonymousreply 127March 21, 2020 7:51 PM

Owen Wilson has three kids with three baby mamas. Jon Hamm was in a long-term relationship (18 years) that was essentially essentially a marriage but for the papers. Said he’d only get married if he was ready to have kids, which he isn’t ruling out. Owen’s brother Luke Wilson, is a better fit. James Franco and Jake Gyllenhaal are also in their 40s and never married.

by Anonymousreply 128March 22, 2020 4:16 AM

R128 Maybe you'd better explain your rules of what makes a "good fit" in your mind. None of these people have ever married and I thought he point was John Cusack is unmarried.

by Anonymousreply 129March 22, 2020 6:02 AM

Cusack answered the question himself in an interview with Elle magazine back in November 2009:

ELLE: In five words or fewer, tell me why you've never married.

JC: I can do it in seven: "Society doesn't tell me what to do."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130March 22, 2020 9:48 PM

What a prick!

by Anonymousreply 131March 23, 2020 6:06 AM

R130 Good answer. He's a true non-conformist, unlike faux ones like Johnny Depp, whose inability to be alone has come to bite him in the ass big time.

by Anonymousreply 132March 23, 2020 6:49 AM

I guess he just doesn't want to pay child support and alimony. He is smart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 23, 2020 6:58 AM

What happened to Aaron Eckhart? 52 and never married.

by Anonymousreply 134March 24, 2020 12:40 AM

R133, that's pretty much what Bill Maher says when people ask him why he's never married and when they ask him how he got so rich.

by Anonymousreply 135March 24, 2020 1:13 AM

Wow, I just assumed Aaron Eckart was married with a gaggle of five blonde children.

by Anonymousreply 136March 24, 2020 12:50 PM

Eckhart told Larry King that he's a romantic and will only marry for love - and has come close twice. The first time, he was already engaged right when his career was blasting off, and the relationship didn't survive, voicing regret over that. (Actress Emily Cline.)

btw - While Eckhart was raised Mormon, he does not practice. His parents became converts to the cult when his dad was attending BYU on a scholarship. Eckhart now says that neither he nor his two brothers have anything to do with it, and dad gave it up as well. Apparently, only mom had something to do with it still.

by Anonymousreply 137March 24, 2020 7:38 PM

Other than that first relationship, Eckhart has never publicly dated anyone. Almost like Keanu.

by Anonymousreply 138March 24, 2020 9:23 PM

Eckhart's definitely got a type: Emily Cline, Kristyn Osborn, Ashley Wick, Molly Sims.

by Anonymousreply 139March 24, 2020 9:41 PM

R139, I skimmed your post and read two of the names together somehow as Kelly Osborne and was horrified for Aaron Eckhart.

by Anonymousreply 140March 24, 2020 10:02 PM

Eckhart is using the same fake excuse as Keanu?

Heart broken when young so extremely reticent now.

Homosexuals, both.

by Anonymousreply 141March 24, 2020 10:06 PM

R141, or just extremely private, and after having had a taste of what it's like to see their sex lives splattered everywhere, they do whatever is necessary to avoid that.

I have an attractive, financially successful straight friend who lives primarily asexually, and although I generally figure out the rare times he fucks someone, most of his friends and acquaintances think he hasn't had sex in years, and some of them think he's closeted.

by Anonymousreply 142March 24, 2020 10:16 PM

Oh, fuck off, R142.

Fake story to cover for the closeted gay celebs.

by Anonymousreply 143March 24, 2020 10:20 PM

Laughing, R143. Smug ignorant old deluded queens are the silliest people ever.

by Anonymousreply 144March 24, 2020 10:22 PM

Another cigar smoker.

by Anonymousreply 145March 25, 2020 12:35 AM

[quote] When asked in 2009 why he had never married, he answered, "Society doesn't tell me what to do.”

He's a rebel! Just like me, Carole Lombard, and Grace Moore!

by Anonymousreply 146March 25, 2020 1:13 AM

[quote]or just extremely private, and after having had a taste of what it's like to see their sex lives splattered everywhere, they do whatever is necessary to avoid that.

Come on, r142. Eckhart has NEVER had his sex life (if it exists) written about anywhere. Keanu, yes. But Eckhart's private life has never been intruded upon. This is all there is on his personal life from Wikipedia:

[quote]Eckhart met actress Emily Cline during the filming of In the Company of Men and they became engaged, but they separated in 1998.[21][60] He has always been reluctant to speak about his relationships in interviews.[5] Eckhart dated songwriter and member of SHeDAISY, Kristyn Osborn, from 2006 to 2007.[21][60] He appeared in the group's video for their song "I'm Taking the Wheel".

That's it.

by Anonymousreply 147March 25, 2020 5:47 AM

There was something in the (British) papers about a rumored affair with married Catherine Zeta-Jones (when she and Eckhart were starring in a film together) and on how he had to answer questions about this from his mother and explain to his then girlfriend, Ashley Wicks, that the reports were false.

by Anonymousreply 148March 25, 2020 6:07 AM

Keanu Reeves never married and never had a kid, because he is gay and no, that dead baby was not his baby.

by Anonymousreply 149March 25, 2020 6:42 AM

r149 You know, there's such a thing as bisexuality. It's actually more common than people think. Keanu is likely bi.

by Anonymousreply 150March 25, 2020 7:42 AM

R150 Do you know who any of Keanu's guy hookups have been if he's bi?

by Anonymousreply 151March 26, 2020 5:16 AM

where is the pix of cusak in wild drag at some orgy party??

by Anonymousreply 152March 27, 2020 6:24 PM

I imagine he might make a better looking woman and people would think that she and Joan were twins.

by Anonymousreply 153March 27, 2020 7:44 PM

He's simply a confirmed bachelor, like Uncle Jack in "The Catered Affair".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154March 29, 2020 11:21 AM

"He's not the marrying kind," which is how my grandmother described her younger brother, a favorite uncle of ours, when I asked how come he wasn't married. Years later, after he was long gone and I had a little better understanding of things, I realized he had been gay. There had even been a pic of him with another soldier, a buddy from WWII, who was his constant companion at the time but never made it back.

by Anonymousreply 155March 30, 2020 2:51 PM

And that is heartbreaking R155

by Anonymousreply 156March 30, 2020 3:11 PM

Bullshit r148. Especially if it includes “British papers” who 1. Are not opposed to creative fiction, often starting with “friends say” 2. For all the dirt they invent, refuse to close one red line which remains a taboo observed by all: outing.

by Anonymousreply 157March 31, 2020 6:15 AM

no real str8 man 'never marrys'......he loves big knobs.

by Anonymousreply 158April 1, 2020 5:14 AM

A good wife of husband is the best thing a man could wish for. Married can be a real gift.

by Anonymousreply 159April 1, 2020 5:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!