Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Everyday Treasoning: Insane in the Membrane (The Treason Thread, Part 29)

Continued Discussion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 25, 2020 5:55 AM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 7, 2020 6:46 AM

From MAGA to GAGA

by Anonymousreply 2March 7, 2020 6:47 AM

thanks OP the other thread got payrolled

by Anonymousreply 3March 7, 2020 6:59 AM

so I read the Daily Best link about Christopher Steele someone posted in the last thread...I don't remember-did Mueller ever say why his investigation was so narrow? as in was it his choice or the DOJ made it for him?

I agree with Steele that making it so narrow and excluding Trump's financials is what helped allow Barr to lie and say he was cleared of wrongdoing.

I have NO faith in the Supreme Court to say Trump must comply with the subpoena for his tax returns.

by Anonymousreply 4March 7, 2020 7:01 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 7, 2020 7:30 AM

Some of those investigations were farmed out to other offices but bloated Billy shut all of them down.

Will the incoming AG let them move forward? I'm ready to hit the streets for some vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 6March 7, 2020 7:38 AM

Mark Meadows is going to be a fucking disaster. There really are only two reasons to work for Trump right now: You're compromised and hope to get a payday from Russia, which I suspect many of them have, or you are a mentally unstable racist who recognizes another crazy when you see one.

Trump is a celebrity to some of these guys, and you couple that with their "Evangelical" beliefs and since they support things Trump embraces, and mostly agree with him, they see no problem in being associated with him.

Meadows assumes he will outlive Trump and in the circles that matter to him, his association with Trump will be a huge plus. There's no daylight between what Meadows believes and what Trump believes. Most of all both of them think their followers a re dumbasses who will buy whatever they'reselling. And they do.

by Anonymousreply 7March 7, 2020 10:50 AM

I wonder how long asshole Mark Meadows will last...The shelf life of Trump's White House staff is not very long...

by Anonymousreply 8March 7, 2020 11:51 AM

When will we get rid of the criminal, Barr?

by Anonymousreply 9March 7, 2020 12:22 PM

I hope Meadows wakes up and realizes Trump is a crazy idiot, and kills him.

by Anonymousreply 10March 7, 2020 12:24 PM

4 years and still no tax returned!! That is simply disgusting. They could have been copied by anyone and handed over. What is wrong with people?

by Anonymousreply 11March 7, 2020 12:28 PM

^Afraid of years in prison like Chelsea Manning or Russian exile like Snowdon ?

by Anonymousreply 12March 7, 2020 12:52 PM

r11, my guess is that bootleg copies of Trump's IRS returns are out there but since they can't be officially authenticated no news organization is willing to report on them. It would be the perfect opportunity for Wikileaks to prove it's genuinely operating in the public interest and not just an arm of Putin's propaganda operation. What's that I hear? Crickets?

by Anonymousreply 13March 7, 2020 1:01 PM

Think about this. Meadows knows everything we know...and even more... about Trump, JAred, Ivanka, and the corrupt cabinet officials. He's aware of Trump's habits, his intellectual capacity, and his instability. He KNOWS. And still he said yes. Why? There's only one reason. He was promised something, and not necessarily by Trump. Meadows is the first chief of staff that shares Trump's social views and has no problem with Russia. Mulvaney was a conservative and he knew he got more than he bargained for.Kelley was the same. But Meadows is exactly what Trump expects in his chief of staff. Trump is gonna hang him out to dry.

Side note:It's now been confirmed that at least two people who attended an event with McConnell, Pence & Pompeo, all tested positive. Bet they won't have trouble getting tested. Trump thinks by not testing, he can keep the numbers down and no one will know and he can lie that everything is under control to keep the stock market stable. Good luck with that reasoning. That is criminal negligence.

by Anonymousreply 14March 7, 2020 1:15 PM

Oh god please I hope one of them gets the virus. If Pence gets it then Trump will too.

by Anonymousreply 15March 7, 2020 1:17 PM

Mother does not believe in viruses.

by Anonymousreply 16March 7, 2020 1:24 PM

I'm afraid I'm going to Hell, I'm too happy at the idea that Pence and Trump will catch the Corona virus.

by Anonymousreply 17March 7, 2020 1:27 PM

Maybe Pence will catch it when a male hustler sneezes on him

by Anonymousreply 18March 7, 2020 3:16 PM

'Mother' needs to allow Mike private time to enjoy himself. Her hovering over him all the time is interfering.

by Anonymousreply 19March 7, 2020 6:02 PM

NC Republicans are a sordid bunch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 7, 2020 6:14 PM

On MSNBC Saturday, former Michael Bloomberg adviser Tim O’Brien warned President Donald Trump and the GOP that if they continue to push conspiracy theories about former Vice President Joe Biden’s son and his work for a Ukrainian energy company, Democrats will have a field day with the corruption and nepotism of Trump’s children — particularly in light of new reporting that Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner is selling his stake in a company that benefited from tax breaks he pushed for, and first daughter Ivanka Trump’s use of her official position to get Chinese trademarks.

“The Trump family are epic grifters, and this goes back generations,” said O’Brien. "Now they are in the White House ... and if the Republicans really want to make an issue out of Hunter Biden, which is very low-hanging fruit that I don’t think most Democratic voters care about anyway, there is going to be a scorched-earth response aimed at all of the Trump children that is unlike anything they have experienced in the media.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 7, 2020 6:37 PM

Insane in the membrane is perfect to describe Pres Bone Spurs!

by Anonymousreply 22March 7, 2020 6:52 PM

^Yes, please get his grifter children involved. I'm so sick of Don's Jr. hypocritical bs statements on Fox all the time.

by Anonymousreply 23March 7, 2020 6:53 PM

Why is Trump so nonchalant about this Coronavirus thing. For a germaphobe, he sure seems complacent. I get he has zero empathy but it’s almost as if He sees it as a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 24March 7, 2020 7:06 PM

I can't look at his Twitter, did he trash Mulvaney on his way out? Said he was never a fan, barely competent etc?

by Anonymousreply 25March 7, 2020 7:30 PM

Eric Prince surfaces once again...now we know why Trump is always crying about being spied upon....hes the one doing it...clissic projection once again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 7, 2020 7:32 PM

Mulvaney is to be some kind of special envoy to Northern Ireland.

What that means is U S. taxpayers will be paying Mulvaney a big salary, with benefits, plus all expenses, to vacation and frolic around Europe.

by Anonymousreply 27March 7, 2020 8:21 PM

R24 because he does think its a good thing. He has shown time and time again he loves panic and chaos. It's a reality show to him.

by Anonymousreply 28March 7, 2020 8:57 PM

He probably thinks the virus isn't a real threat and that it won't have an impact on the economy and his political career. "It'll go away in April when the weather warms up." Fingers in ears, la-la-la-la...

by Anonymousreply 29March 7, 2020 10:44 PM

I don't know whether to say the photo at R21 looks like "Children of the Corn" or the kids from "Village of the Damned" all grown up. 😈

by Anonymousreply 30March 7, 2020 10:57 PM

An attendee of CPAC — which Trump and other admin officials attended — tested positive for coronavirus, the host organization said.

by Anonymousreply 31March 7, 2020 11:12 PM

Trump’s vision board must have satanic powers. Nothing touches him.....

by Anonymousreply 32March 7, 2020 11:45 PM

I guess all of the praying that Pence's coronavirus team did earlier

wasn't much help to those around him.

by Anonymousreply 33March 8, 2020 12:01 AM

Washington Post:

Squandered time: How the Trump administration lost control of the coronavirus crisis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 8, 2020 12:27 AM

Is DJT wearing diapers regularly now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 8, 2020 12:28 AM

CBS:

Fiona Hill: Putin has U.S. "where he wants us"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 8, 2020 12:42 AM

Erik Prince NYT article - no paywall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 8, 2020 12:44 AM

Politico:

Trump officials unsure how many people tested for coronavirus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 8, 2020 12:46 AM

Please, if there is a God, let Her scream into biden's ear that he is keeping Bloomberg's media staff and turning them loose on fat Donnie and his crime Klan.

Please, baby jeebus, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, tooth fairy and fairy godmother make this so. Biden keeps Bloomberg's media team and unleashes them upon the entire GOP and fat Donnie.

by Anonymousreply 39March 8, 2020 1:17 AM

David Fahrenthold

@Fahrenthold

Here’s how we know @realdonaldtrump’s company charged taxpayers rates like $650/night or $396/night at Mar a Lago and $17,000/month at Bedminster to house his own Secret Service detail. Receipts.

[quote] The Post tried to decode this list. One surprise: at least 20 of the payments to "Trump National Golf Club" — worth $63,700 — weren’t to a golf club at all. Other documents, already released, showed they were payments to Mar-a-Lago. The Post learned that many of them were hotel bills for $650 per night — a rate far higher than the usual limits on federal hotel spending. There is no legal limit on what the Secret Service may spend on hotel rooms while its agents are protecting the president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 8, 2020 2:15 AM

Amen, r39. Bloomberg's ad people are amazingly talented and utterly vicious. Bring 'em on!!!!

by Anonymousreply 41March 8, 2020 3:14 AM

Mulvaney is getting distance between himself and being the OMG goon who put Dufffy in charge of blockading the Ukraine release of funds.

He was the one who violated the law. He enabled Duffy.

by Anonymousreply 42March 8, 2020 3:20 AM

R36 Listen to her!

by Anonymousreply 43March 8, 2020 5:40 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 8, 2020 3:35 PM

Totally predictable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 8, 2020 3:49 PM

NYT:

Fourth Time’s the Charm? Mark Meadows Takes Over Trump’s White House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 8, 2020 4:03 PM

And now....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 8, 2020 4:05 PM

NYT:

Inside Trump Administration, Debate Raged Over What to Tell Public

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 8, 2020 4:15 PM

The Hill:

Trump escalates fight against press with libel lawsuits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 8, 2020 4:48 PM

Politico - Hillary Clinton: Right still winning the message war

“I begrudgingly give them a lot of credit because they are shaping a narrative that is part of the messaging around Trump’s reelection, around people who challenge Trump, changing the subject all of the time,” the former Democratic presidential candidate said in an interview that aired Sunday on CNN’s “Fareed Zakaria GPS.”

Clinton was responding to a question from Zakaria, who noted that on Tuesday the most-searched article on Facebook was a Fox News story about a judge granting a request from the group Judicial Watch for Clinton to be deposed over her State Department emails.

“What that said to me,“ Clinton said, “was here it’s Super Tuesday; the Democrats are trying to decide who they want to nominate against Donald Trump, the coronavirus is spreading — we now have more and more reports from different places in the country — but led by Fox News and Breitbart and others, it’s going to be about my emails — a totally bogus, finished, nonsense attack on me.”

She added: “They know how to deliver those stories through the algorithms into the feeds of millions and millions of people.”

In a 1998 interview, Clinton famously characterized as “a vast right-wing conspiracy“ the conservative opposition to her and her husband, President Bill Clinton. “Look at the very people who are involved in this — they have popped up in other settings. This is — the great story here for anybody willing to find it and write about it and explain it is this vast right-wing conspiracy that has been conspiring against my husband since the day he announced for president,” she told NBC’s Matt Lauer at the time.

Facebook and Twitter didn’t exist at the time, but Clinton remains critical of the impact her political foes have had on society.

“They're not interested or even worried about Trump saying that the coronavirus is a hoax. They don’t want their listeners, their viewers, you know, the people that they're frankly feeding this other narrative to, to be focused on that,” she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 8, 2020 4:52 PM

Ramping up the anti-gay venues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51March 8, 2020 5:16 PM

Kentucky Republicans will attack you if you are photographed with drag queens.

Apparently, they don't know about Mitch after hours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 8, 2020 5:22 PM

Anyone notice something missing at R45? When did Lindz ditch the Brett photo?

by Anonymousreply 53March 8, 2020 5:33 PM

Brian Tyler Cohen:

Kellyanne caught mid-lie, called out BY FOX NEWS live on air

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54March 8, 2020 6:14 PM

CNN:

Hillary Clinton says Trump has made some serious missteps as President

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 8, 2020 6:24 PM

R53, was evident only this weekend. Either Kavanaugh told him to knock it off; or Lindz has been viewing DL comments. I believe the former is the more powerful reason. Surprised the Twitter feed photo lasted over two and a half years

Lindz's bold Infatuation aside, Kavanaugh is in the highest level of the federal Judiciary, and no legislator should imply undue influence with Judiciary decisions. But Lindz not understanding or respecting obvious parameters is nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 56March 8, 2020 6:48 PM

So many evil men in the Republican party...why are there no liberal minded exterminators? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 57March 8, 2020 6:56 PM

Here you go, r57.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 8, 2020 7:01 PM

R52, call me dumb or clueless, but those "drag queens" look like two guys dressed up for Mardi Gras and not drag queens. They're just wearing makeup. What's the big deal?

But it's kenfucky so what do I know?

by Anonymousreply 59March 8, 2020 7:03 PM

I just let him blow me few times, r56!

by Anonymousreply 60March 8, 2020 7:16 PM

For you, R59:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 8, 2020 7:17 PM

What happened to posters R44 - R52? Did someone block, and toss out the trash? Any event, thank you, whomever you are.

by Anonymousreply 62March 8, 2020 7:17 PM

R62 I still see them.

by Anonymousreply 63March 8, 2020 7:21 PM

CNN:

Hillary Clinton: The facts don't support that assessment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 8, 2020 7:26 PM

R62 projecting

by Anonymousreply 65March 8, 2020 7:37 PM

Thanks, r61.

They still look like people having a good time and not bothering anyone.

But I guess that's too much for "the children".

by Anonymousreply 66March 8, 2020 7:40 PM

Is Bill Maher said at the end of his episode on Friday: if a billionaire wants to buy the Democrats the election, LET THEM. If Mike Bloomberg is committed to pumping a billion dollars into scorching Trump all over Facebook, YouTube, television, radio, wherever, please Mike, do it.

by Anonymousreply 67March 8, 2020 7:57 PM

R67 That's exactly what Bloomberg is currently doing - not running for president anymore, but still using his money to badmouth Trump. He's going to keep it up, too.

by Anonymousreply 68March 8, 2020 7:59 PM

And Bloomberg is going to target Dump's grifter spawn too!

by Anonymousreply 69March 8, 2020 8:52 PM

Trump Seems To Enjoy Poisoning Americans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 8, 2020 9:38 PM

I’m with Bill. But it’s not just Bloomberg.

All those leftie millionaires and billionaires need to put up or shut up. Also, people like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet give Africa billions, they need to realize charity starts at home.

MAKE IT RAIN!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 71March 8, 2020 9:39 PM

Bad man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 9, 2020 1:17 AM

Vid from above....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 9, 2020 1:21 AM

Washington Post:

After stopping at the CDC on his way to Mar-a-Lago, Trump heads to the golf course two days in a row

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 9, 2020 1:27 AM

Do-Nothing-Dumpfuck

by Anonymousreply 75March 9, 2020 1:35 AM

Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ 4th District) is in self-quarantine after extended contact with CPAC's infected person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76March 9, 2020 2:09 AM

HAHAHA fucking CPAC ,,,Bunch of evil fucks

by Anonymousreply 77March 9, 2020 3:07 AM

From 4 months ago......

Unpaid Bills Pile Up In The Wake Of President Donald Trump Rallies | All In | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 9, 2020 3:09 AM

I know this is coming up in other threads, but the markets are set to take a massive diarrheatic shit all over Trump's head tomorrow.

My Trump worshipping aunt always crows about how amazing her retirement fund's doing. Looking forward to asking about it in 2-3 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 79March 9, 2020 3:33 AM

I wish all the Republicans would self-quarantine themselves. Forever.

by Anonymousreply 80March 9, 2020 3:46 AM

Just watched this again from 10 months ago....

Sen. Kamala Harris: A.G. Barr Clearly Intended To Mislead The American Public | Hardball | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 9, 2020 3:51 AM

I've written in this thread before... it never would have happened. But just imagine if Kamala had gotten the nomination and would face Trump in a debate? She'd wipe the floor with him so hard they'd never get the orange tint out of the tile.

by Anonymousreply 82March 9, 2020 7:22 AM

She needed to at least serve one term as Senator. I don’t like it when they run after just getting in.

I don’t think she had even served a full year when she announced.

by Anonymousreply 83March 9, 2020 7:31 AM

Ole Lyin' Ted....

by Anonymousreply 84March 9, 2020 8:41 AM

^^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85March 9, 2020 8:42 AM

I wouldn’t cry if covid made the rounds of the rethugs, it’s only a mild flu right?

by Anonymousreply 86March 9, 2020 11:18 AM

Miss Mattie wears a gas mask to house vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87March 9, 2020 1:32 PM

I wish Matt Gaetz would get Coronavirus in his asshole.

by Anonymousreply 88March 9, 2020 2:26 PM

Joking aside, the CPAC corona cluster may affect all the right people.

The guy I worry about is Biden. He loves the retail politics, visiting restaurants, and hugging and glad handing people, and he gets right up close. Watch any recent video from the past week. We need Joe to be healthy at least until he and his running mate get nominated at the Convention.

He needs to choose Klobuchar or Warren. I would trust either one of them to run the government or manage a crisis. I love Kamala. I think this is not her time. She is doing excellent work in the Senate and will emerge as one of its most important leaders. Face it. Feinstein is not going to last forever. I hope Schiff runs for Feinstein's seat. But I love him where he is too.

by Anonymousreply 89March 9, 2020 2:51 PM

Joe Scarborough rips into ole lying' Kellyanne Conway.

Lie after lie after lie, and this woman is still accepted in the elite Washington, DC cocktail circuit that includes many journalists and other news industry figures?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 9, 2020 2:54 PM

Did Lindsey accidently let something slip?

[quote].....between now and November.

Lindsey's comment implies he expects a big change in November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 9, 2020 3:15 PM

Fox News is spreading lies faster than the virus is spreading. Lachlan & Rupert Murdoch, this is on you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 9, 2020 3:34 PM

Lyin’ Ted was a rising star up until that booger incident did him in.

by Anonymousreply 93March 9, 2020 3:52 PM

Gym update

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94March 9, 2020 4:07 PM

Update from the Gym

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95March 9, 2020 4:08 PM

Remember there were predictions that tRump won't even be around for the election??? I wonder if these soothsayers saw this coming?

by Anonymousreply 96March 9, 2020 4:14 PM

[quote]I wonder if these soothsayers saw this coming?

Newp. No, they did not.

by Anonymousreply 97March 9, 2020 4:16 PM

[quote] Newp. No, they did not.

Actually, yes, at least partially. Way back in mid 2019, Oracle was saying that in 2020, you're going to need to stay out of large groups and be more isolated. This is before Covid-19 was even a thing. At the time, lots of us thought Oracle was talking about shootings, but as things unfolded, it became clear this was about this new illness.

And there have also been predictions about Trump coming down with this disease.

by Anonymousreply 98March 9, 2020 4:26 PM

Jared And Ivanka Pulled In More Than $25 Million From Trump’s Tax Cuts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 9, 2020 4:46 PM

We're burning....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100March 9, 2020 4:54 PM

Market Watch:

Stocks plunge, coronavirus spreads and President Trump tweets image of himself playing a fiddle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101March 9, 2020 4:56 PM

He doesn't seem to understand the Nero reference...what a fucking maroon.

by Anonymousreply 102March 9, 2020 5:44 PM

What other sordid disclosures will be thrust upon us, and what other nefarious activities are being kept hidden?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103March 9, 2020 6:05 PM

Duh, r102.

And his uneducated cultists cheer and embrace their own ignorance.

Stupidity is strength. Ignorance is holy. One must never think or question. One must simply obey.

by Anonymousreply 104March 9, 2020 6:36 PM

Vanity Fair:

Stories about Trump’s coronavirus fears have spread through the White House. Last week Trump told aides he’s afraid journalists will try to purposefully contract coronavirus to give it to him on Air Force One, a person close to the administration told me. The source also said Trump has asked the Secret Service to set up a screening program and bar anyone who has a cough from the White House grounds. “He’s definitely melting down over this,” the source said.

But thus far Trump’s private concerns haven’t affected his public response. Pressure from the public health community is mounting on Trump to cancel his mass rallies, but Trump is pushing back. “He is going to resist until the very last minute,” a former West Wing official said. “He may take suggestions to stop shaking hands, but in terms of shutting stuff down, his position is: ‘No, I’m not going to do it.’”

by Anonymousreply 105March 9, 2020 7:39 PM

Portland Press Herald:

With Trump their only choice, more Maine Republicans than usual left ballots blank.

Roughly one in five Republican voters in Maine’s largest towns left President Trump’s oval blank or wrote in another name during Tuesday’s presidential primary, an analysis of voting results shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 9, 2020 7:40 PM

This is promising^^^

by Anonymousreply 107March 9, 2020 7:45 PM

Stock market tanks down over 2,000 points. Oil prices plunge. Shit.

by Anonymousreply 108March 9, 2020 8:11 PM

This is so funny. I truly believe Dump just profited from the economy and job growth the Obama administration created these last 3 years meanwhile doing everything he could to tank the economy with his tax cuts for the wealthy, deregulation, trade wars and exploding deficit. Now that he is probably facing a recession or even worse a depression, I can't wait to see how he plans to rebuild the economy and possible job losses. How will this genius, his family of grifters and political sycophants save us all? I can't wait to see it.

by Anonymousreply 109March 9, 2020 8:32 PM

It is an insult to musicians everywhere to have a photoshopped pic of Bone Spurs holding a violin. He has no talent other than being a con man and cheating at golf.

Nero would not be amused.

by Anonymousreply 110March 9, 2020 9:00 PM

Is he our first grifter president? He is a longtime criminal who gets away with everything. Why does he get away with everything?

by Anonymousreply 111March 9, 2020 9:10 PM

The who family, cabinet, advisors, etc. are grifters, including the incompetent ones which are a majority among them.. They are all doing whatever for money and have power for more wealth. Doing nefarious acts for monetary gain is totally acceptable to them as long as they believe they won't face repercussions. 95%÷ of the time, they escape major negative consequences. The Republican Party, Trump's base, Fox News, certain special interests, etc. are part of the enablers.

by Anonymousreply 112March 9, 2020 10:07 PM

Whole, not who^

by Anonymousreply 113March 9, 2020 10:11 PM

The way these assholes pump Trump up...I think I am in Nazi Germany, or maybe North Korea. Ibis just sick, sick, sick. We never had an America like this before.

by Anonymousreply 114March 9, 2020 11:46 PM

NYT:

Coronavirus Outbreak: Live Updates and Coverage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115March 10, 2020 12:10 AM

The Hill:

Congress debating ways to help boost economy hit by coronavirus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 10, 2020 12:11 AM

r114, you were either too young to remember the George W. Bush administration or you were giggling over the pictures coming out of Abu Ghirab with the rest of America.

by Anonymousreply 117March 10, 2020 12:32 AM

Florida Republican ARRESTED For Changing Voter Registrations To Republican

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 10, 2020 1:07 AM

hilarious that at least of the GOPers came in contact with an infected guy at CPAC

stupid ass Gohmert reportedly is not self-quarantining but the other 4 are

by Anonymousreply 119March 10, 2020 1:08 AM

Not only is he not self-quarantining, he's giving tours!

[quote]Rep. Gohmert is still giving tours despite his contact with someone who tested positive for coronavirus.

[quote]He explained to the group of several dozen kids and parents about his conversation with the doctor, that he didn't have any symptoms, and that he wouldn't shake hands

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 10, 2020 1:11 AM

Darwin

by Anonymousreply 121March 10, 2020 1:12 AM

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 122March 10, 2020 1:13 AM

Damn! She's as ugly as she is corrupt!

Typical Repuke cunt.

by Anonymousreply 123March 10, 2020 1:15 AM

That response was for r118, of course.

by Anonymousreply 124March 10, 2020 1:15 AM

R32: Read "Dark Star Rising: Magick and Power in the Age of Trump," by Gary Lachman.

Clofeve.

by Anonymousreply 125March 10, 2020 1:41 AM

As POTUS dismisses public concern over coronavirus, this: "Trump’s campaign called off a 'Women for Trump' bus tour featuring his daughter-in-law…amid ongoing concerns about the coronavirus...the bus tour was quietly postponed…campaign spokeswoman cited 'scheduling conflicts'"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126March 10, 2020 1:51 AM

"Never Trump" Republicans will support Biden, but not Sanders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 10, 2020 2:00 AM

If Covid-19 is still going on in the fall I wouldn't put it past Trump to try to declare Martial Law and postpone the election.

by Anonymousreply 128March 10, 2020 2:14 AM

Donald Trump Stares Down His First Twitter-Immune Nemesis | Deadline | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129March 10, 2020 2:28 AM

I wouldn't put a thing past Trump, save:

Telling the Truth Doing the Right Thing Thinking of anyone but himself

by Anonymousreply 130March 10, 2020 4:11 AM

Trump retweeted a tweet from Russian asset Jill Stein this morning that warns of Biden's "cognitive decline."

This, as The Daily Beast reports that prominent Sanders backers including Cenk Uygur are ramping up attacks on Biden's "senility."

by Anonymousreply 131March 10, 2020 12:55 PM

George Papadoplous and "Italian" "wife" (Russian agent) split up.

“Officially divorcing @GeorgePapa19 after the months of abuses and ultimately the huge disrespect he showed this morning in his podcast. I am tired of him and playing his wife…He is a monster.” she tweeted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 10, 2020 1:47 PM

Dump family grifting has reached new heights — they’ve extracted $75 MILLION from the Dump re-election campaign in under-the-table payoffs since 2017.

[quote]President Donald Trump’s campaign manager is quietly channeling money to Eric Trump’s wife, Lara Trump, and Donald Trump Jr.’s girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle, The New York Times reported Monday.

[quote]The payments are hidden from public view because they’re made through campaign manager Brad Parscale’s private company, Parscale Strategy, based in San Antonio, sources told the Times. Typically, such payments would be part of public filings required by the Federal Election Commission so that donors can find out how their contributions are being used — in this case, to pay members of the president’s family.

[quote]The family benefits are linked to a network of politically connected private companies — operating with the support and help of Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner — that have charged roughly $75 million since 2017 to the Trump reelection campaign, the Republican National Committee and other Republican clients, according to the Times.

[quote]Guilfoyle last year angrily confronted Parscale about late checks owed to her, two witnesses told the Times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 10, 2020 2:08 PM

Cenk is and has always been a vile piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 134March 10, 2020 2:11 PM

Why did Ivanka and Wendi go to Dubrovnik? I won't ever let it go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 10, 2020 2:14 PM

Trump and family does anything and everything...apparently, nothing is ever criminal.

by Anonymousreply 136March 10, 2020 2:20 PM

r133, I'm not surprised

by Anonymousreply 137March 10, 2020 4:14 PM

Re: the clip @ R129. Just today saw a longer clip on the BBC of Trump visiting the CDC on Friday. It is without doubt the most embarrassing political footage I've ever seen, in too many decades of life.

He walks in to this serious place of work in his red cap and sports jacket like the most crass show-off uncle imaginable. He's like a fat colourful cartoon character among devoted intelligent grown-ups, a creature of CGI. I pitied him.

His words match the pitiful image. He drivels about his uncle having been at MIT, so Trump 'knows about all this stuff.' What's more, doctors say to him, 'How do you know so much about all this?' Then more word-salad about 'the beautiful test.' The professional grown-ups in sober work-wear listen with all the politeness they can muster.

I shouldn't be by now, but I'm incredulous all over again at this grotesque ineptitude at such a time. He'll get away with it yet again, because the vehement takedown he requires will be seen as further destabilising. Just maybe all the grown-ups can manage to work around this aberration. Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 138March 10, 2020 4:20 PM

^WW for this summary and reminder. His appearance at the CDC was probably the most ridiculous thing I've seen in awhile. His fat ass in that sport jacket and his red MAGA hat was just too much. And his ridiculous rant about his uncle and his medical knowledge while standing next to real scientists. He also called the governor of Washington a snake in front of everyone. So unprofessional. Of course he made it all about him, his knowledge, his MIT uncle and Fox News town hall ratings.

by Anonymousreply 139March 10, 2020 4:33 PM

More ridiculous than throwing paper towels at hurricane survivors?

by Anonymousreply 140March 10, 2020 5:22 PM

Perhaps more ridiculous given the preposterous cocky verbal slurry in the presence of serious scientists engaged in pandemic control.

by Anonymousreply 141March 10, 2020 5:34 PM

Brian Tyler Cohen:

Kevin McCarthy accidentally sinks Trump’s kids live on Fox News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142March 10, 2020 9:26 PM

Be aware that if Trump comes down with the virus Pence will become acting President

by Anonymousreply 143March 10, 2020 9:53 PM

They have a different style but they're two sides of the same coin. So what?

by Anonymousreply 144March 10, 2020 9:54 PM

Thought R144 was referring to Drumpf and Burnie.

by Anonymousreply 145March 10, 2020 10:35 PM

Pence was exposed, too. Hopefully they both will be stricken!

by Anonymousreply 146March 11, 2020 6:47 AM

Brian Tyler Cohen:

Trump blames OBAMA for handling of coronavirus outbreak

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147March 11, 2020 3:23 PM

NYT:

Coronavirus Live Updates: W.H.O. Declares Pandemic as Number of Infected Countries Grows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148March 11, 2020 4:51 PM

Robert Reich: Will Donald Trump Get Reelected?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149March 11, 2020 5:07 PM

it's obvious Trump thinks that by trying to cover up how severe the outbreak is, it will minimize the stock market turmoil and his approval rating. That's all he cares about. He doesn't care that his administration is way behind on testing and that it was dumb 2 years ago to cut the pandemic preparedness team. All he cares about is keeping that from the public.

by Anonymousreply 150March 11, 2020 5:23 PM

Seth Meyers:

The Check In: Trump’s Family Profits Off Policy Meant to Help Low-Income Communities

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151March 11, 2020 5:39 PM

Bernie stayed in the 2016 race till the convention to fuck over HRC. Now he seeks to do the same with Biden.

All Democrats need to coalesce behind Biden now, and focus on beating Trump in November. Unnecessarily drawing the Democratic nominating process out, only makes the challenge more difficult

Enough with the Democratic debates. We've heard enough

And why does the media keep Tulsi Gabbard's name up when she has zero chance to gain anything? She cannot realize she's unwanted? All she needs to do is take two minutes to officially withdraw. Her funding source looks suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 152March 11, 2020 5:56 PM

Tulsa and Bernie are sucking off the Russian test, right along with Comrade Dump

by Anonymousreply 153March 11, 2020 8:38 PM

That's "teat" (damned autocorrect)!

by Anonymousreply 154March 11, 2020 8:44 PM

Reuters:

EXCLUSIVE-U.S. State Department to suspend non-essential travel -sources

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155March 11, 2020 8:53 PM

Why did the asshole gop-ers hold off on the Biden subpoena?

Timing? They couldn’t actually be scared that Bloomberg will go after the grifters?

by Anonymousreply 156March 11, 2020 9:00 PM

Reuters:

U.S. considers economy measures, criticism of coronavirus response grows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157March 11, 2020 9:42 PM

I think they understand they’ll look like idiots, r156. Who cares what Hunter Biden did in 2015 when we’re in the middle of a pandemic. Remember when shark attacks and the SS lock box were the biggest stories the week before 9/11?

by Anonymousreply 158March 11, 2020 10:34 PM

The Hill:

House passes measure limiting Trump's ability to take military action against Iran

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159March 11, 2020 10:45 PM

The Hill:

House passes key surveillance bill with deadline looming

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160March 11, 2020 10:48 PM

Could someone explain to me, why the Trump children (especially Jr.) and some Republicans go on and on about Hunter Biden being unqualified for the Burisma and other jobs and unable to achieve anything without Daddies help? Hunter Biden got his BA from Georgetown and a JD from Yale. I haven't seen his CV, but he is already 50 years old and I bet he was able to find employment before the Burisma job and Biden was VP with this educational background. Did any of the Trump kids go to an Ivy or grad school? His grifter kids need to sit the fuck down and stop talking about Hunter Biden.

by Anonymousreply 161March 11, 2020 11:02 PM

George tweets the opposite of what wife Kellyanne does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162March 11, 2020 11:16 PM

Jared Kushner is holding up action by the coronavirus task force — because he has to do ‘research’

Vice President Mike Pence may be in charge of the coronavirus task force, but apparently Jared Kushner is holding up any meaningful action because he’s busy doing “research” on it.

Politico reported Wednesday that there’s no progress on acting about the virus because they’re waiting for Kushner to learn everything. Kushner isn’t a doctor, nurse, medical professional of any kind, nor is he an economist, and it’s unknown if he even took an economics class in college.

“There’s no deadline for a decision, but one of the people familiar with the talks said the task force will not give [President Donald] Trump its final verdict until Jared Kushner, the president’s senior adviser and son-in-law, finishes his research and comes to a conclusion himself,” said Politico.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163March 11, 2020 11:31 PM

r161...Its called controlling the narrative. They know its false, but if they feign outrage and repeat it over and over, truly ignorant people believe it and it becomes a scandal. Think Benghazi ans Hillarys emails.

by Anonymousreply 164March 11, 2020 11:39 PM

NYT:

Democrats and White House Race to Strike Deal for Coronavirus Relief Package

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165March 12, 2020 12:30 AM

'Mother' is suspending her campaigning due to virus spread.

by Anonymousreply 166March 12, 2020 12:56 AM

Washington Post:

Senate GOP chairman abruptly shifts course on subpoena targeting Bidens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167March 12, 2020 1:04 AM

Is his "research" just reading a few books?

by Anonymousreply 168March 12, 2020 2:17 AM

On behalf of the state of Wisconsin, I apologize for Ron Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 169March 12, 2020 2:26 AM

lmfao Trump is such a FUCKING MORON

in his address he said he's suspending all travel from Europe to the US

now they're clarifying it's only for foreign nationals, not US citizens or relatives of citizens

the dumbass couldn't even get that detail right

by Anonymousreply 170March 12, 2020 2:35 AM

R111, if you're still here, I felt compelled to answer you.

He gets away with everything because the whole system is corrupt. He learned to game it a long time ago and this is just the pinnacle. It's sickening that they puposefully inflated this buffoon rather than ignore or allow the law to get him first.

He gets the opposition now with offers of being 'in' on the big grift. There's a lot of money being made in the shift of munitions and development going South.

by Anonymousreply 171March 12, 2020 11:54 AM

R163, yeah, holding it up for one of two reasons: being done as part of the plan or he hasn't figured out how to monetize it for their advantage yet.

Fucking evil has a face.

by Anonymousreply 172March 12, 2020 11:56 AM

[QUOTE] Remember when shark attacks and the SS lock box were the biggest stories the week before 9/11?

Excuse me, but don’t forget about me!

by Anonymousreply 173March 12, 2020 1:10 PM

Dump's European travel ban does not apply to the UK, where his golf resorts are located.

by Anonymousreply 174March 12, 2020 1:17 PM

Some crazy right-wing conspiracy theorists are blaming all this on Hillary collaborating with a clandestine group of Chinese scientists. Dang, Hillary sure is a gifted frogman that gets around everywhere carrying out sinister acts to hurt the beloved, genius Trump in making America great again.

by Anonymousreply 175March 12, 2020 2:25 PM

God, if only that were a gun and not his finger and he pulled an R. Budd Dwyer

by Anonymousreply 176March 12, 2020 2:34 PM

Hillary is a multi-tasker second to none.

by Anonymousreply 177March 12, 2020 2:35 PM

You'll say it again, r177.

by Anonymousreply 178March 12, 2020 3:45 PM

Been a few days since a Lindsey update. What is Lindsey saying now? Whatever it is, it will be commending Trump and announcing the next Hannity appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179March 12, 2020 5:19 PM

^Lindsey does take precautions..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 12, 2020 9:16 PM

Will future historians date the fall of the United States as a superpower from the George W. Bush or the Donald Trump administration?

by Anonymousreply 181March 12, 2020 9:36 PM

NPR Source Says Trump Blocked Coronavirus Testing in January to Aid His Reelection Chances By Keeping US Infection Figures Low

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182March 12, 2020 9:39 PM

R182, that deserves its own thread

by Anonymousreply 183March 12, 2020 9:44 PM

Trump did that. He even said he "wanted to keep the numbers low " for the stock market. The market instability is directly related to his lack of leadership.

by Anonymousreply 184March 12, 2020 9:54 PM

Only gentleman callers will be introduced today.

by Anonymousreply 185March 12, 2020 10:13 PM

if the press can get solid proof that Trump did block testing for political reasons (which I believe he did), then he should be impeached for that alone. The untold damage this will do to the health and economy of the nation are his fault. Yes this virus may have started in China but it is out of control in the US because of gross mismanagement and it's unacceptable

by Anonymousreply 186March 12, 2020 10:19 PM

R186 Fuck impeachment. We already know it doesn't work. He should be made to eat his own pungent feces!

by Anonymousreply 187March 12, 2020 10:28 PM

^ And Jared's 💩

by Anonymousreply 188March 12, 2020 10:32 PM

R187 but it needs to be exposed by the House.

by Anonymousreply 189March 12, 2020 10:33 PM

ABC:

US conducts airstrikes in Iraq in retaliation for attack that killed 2 Americans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190March 12, 2020 11:12 PM

Wag the dog, R190?

by Anonymousreply 191March 12, 2020 11:23 PM

So we're supposed to forget we can all die from a pandemic and talk about airstrikes? Right.

by Anonymousreply 192March 12, 2020 11:23 PM

Look over there! Shiny missile!

by Anonymousreply 193March 12, 2020 11:29 PM

Cue Burisma. Trump is desperate for a distraction. I cannot believe McConnell and the Republican Senate are really playing politics with the relief legislation that is urgently needed. What a rotten despicable immoral bunch they are. Vile bastards.

by Anonymousreply 194March 12, 2020 11:34 PM

McConnell went home. Called a 3 day recess. Rotten fucker wouldn't even allow a discussion on Pelosi and the House's legislation. He derided it as "a Liberal wish list" I want to hurt that fucker so bad. It's outrageous.

He and Lamar Alexander, Romney, Graham, Cruz, Tom Cotton, all of them. The state of Oregon requested hazmat gear and equipment and they haven't even responded to the request. There is nothing going on. NOTHING.

And it's not Pence. He's incompetent, but they are all so fucking corrupt it boggles the mind at how irresponsible they are. Testing is not available. They stand there at the microphone lying their asses off.

We cannot afford for one single Republican to be in office. Not one. Start calling them. Go to their home offices. Raise hell.. Yes, I'm running around like my hair's on fire. Because it is.

by Anonymousreply 195March 13, 2020 12:26 AM

[quote] Will future historians date the fall of the United States as a superpower from the George W. Bush or the Donald Trump administration?

Ronald Reagan was the beginning of the end

by Anonymousreply 196March 13, 2020 12:37 AM

And from the statement uttered by Reagan that started the distrust of the federal government... I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help.

This is the kind of shit that Trumps pandemic response is based on.

by Anonymousreply 197March 13, 2020 1:13 AM

CNN had a story today about how they uncovered a new Russian troll farm. I'd link it but every time I try, the post fails.

by Anonymousreply 198March 13, 2020 1:15 AM

r198 Are those the Russian troll farms found in Nigeria and Ghana?

by Anonymousreply 199March 13, 2020 1:19 AM

Ghana, R199.

by Anonymousreply 200March 13, 2020 2:04 AM

No joke, tonight Hannity mostly blamed coronavirus on Hunter Biden.

by Anonymousreply 201March 13, 2020 5:11 AM

You Ghana what, R200?

by Anonymousreply 202March 13, 2020 5:21 AM

Pres Bone Spurs has really fucked this all up. This is why you need competent people in place in govt. You want to burn it all down? Well, has it that working out for ya?

by Anonymousreply 203March 13, 2020 6:36 AM

Actually the Generals who ran Viet Nam was the real beginning of the end. Then they continued to hamper Jimmy Carter with his good Presidency. They used Iran to elect Reagan who would give the military corporations everything. Now we have the monster, Trump.

by Anonymousreply 204March 13, 2020 6:56 AM

I always tell my more conservative friends that if you can’t draw a direct line between Reagan and Trump, then you’re just too stupid to know how to draw a straight line.

by Anonymousreply 205March 13, 2020 9:49 AM

Eisenhower warned us.

by Anonymousreply 206March 13, 2020 9:52 AM

Dumpy was obviously pissed that #PresidentBiden was trending on Twitter after Biden's speech. Had to rage tweet about Obama and what a loser Biden is immediately. He's so easily triggered.

by Anonymousreply 207March 13, 2020 10:19 AM

Last day going to work in the office before we all start working remotely and the LIRR is almost empty.

My institution’s PCR test should be ready at the end of next week.

Wishing you all healthy (but not over reactive immune) systems and a clarity of purpose.

by Anonymousreply 208March 13, 2020 11:11 AM

Sorry that was for the other thread!

by Anonymousreply 209March 13, 2020 11:11 AM

[quote]Had to rage tweet about Obama and what a loser Biden is immediately.

This would have been unimaginable three years ago -- the country is in the midst of a crisis it hasn't seen in generations and the president is not seeking to soothe or steel the people, he wants to focus us on his approval rating. And the nation just shrugs its collective shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 210March 13, 2020 11:49 AM

R210, I know we've said with other situations that it could be a turning point, but I truly believe this is a turning point. People know he's known about this for months and did nothing.

by Anonymousreply 211March 13, 2020 11:52 AM

Washington Post:

Live updates: Trump administration announces steps to speed coronavirus testing; Australian official who met with Barr tests positive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 13, 2020 2:10 PM

Washington Post:

Administration, congressional negotiators near deal on coronavirus economic relief package

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213March 13, 2020 2:45 PM

Politico:

Coronavirus consumes Trump's reelection bid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214March 13, 2020 2:48 PM

NYT:

Surveillance Tools Will Lapse as Trump Signals Possible Veto

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215March 13, 2020 3:04 PM

Reuters: Russian lawmakers told to rally behind Putin's move to extend rule

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia's parliamentary head told lawmakers on Thursday to rally behind Vladimir Putin against what he said was a foreign campaign to discredit constitutional reforms that could allow the president to stay in power until 2036.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216March 13, 2020 3:31 PM

A typically charming tweet from Team Trump:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217March 13, 2020 5:29 PM

Keep it classy, Mr. Pres

by Anonymousreply 218March 13, 2020 5:34 PM

Putin is the one who should die from this virus if there is justice. Pres Bone Spurs would just be a martyr.

by Anonymousreply 219March 13, 2020 6:41 PM

That 'dead corpse' tweet is rich, considering Trump's makeup looks like it's done by a bad mortician.

by Anonymousreply 220March 13, 2020 6:54 PM

As much as it pains me to cite the New fucking Republic, the tag line here is just too good: "Conservatives won the war against Big Government. The prize is a pandemic."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221March 13, 2020 7:29 PM

R221, I'd call it schadenfreude if the rest of us didn't have to deal with the consequences of their greed, incompetence and ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 222March 13, 2020 7:55 PM

R221 This is what the Dems should scream from now on. We are in a crisis due to stunning incompetence by our GOP govt and lack of resources due to the hobbling of govt by the GOP and all the wealth in the hands of the GOP.

The GOP are really a bunch of sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 223March 13, 2020 8:18 PM

WHY DID TRUMP JUST SAY THAT THE BRAZILIAN PRESIDENT TESTED NEGATIVE WHEN EVERYONE IS REPORTING HE TESTED POSITIVE...AND NOT ONE JOURNALIST CHALLENGED HIM ?

by Anonymousreply 224March 13, 2020 8:25 PM

The Brazilian prez said today that he tested negative, R224.

by Anonymousreply 225March 13, 2020 8:33 PM

Yeah I bet he is really poz though...he would never admit being sick anyway

by Anonymousreply 226March 13, 2020 8:36 PM

NYT: President Trump on Friday again claimed that his response to the coronavirus was hindered by the Obama administration, which left office three years ago. Mr. Trump was not specific about what changes President Barack Obama made to “complicate things further,” but at least one regulatory change previously discussed by Mr. Trump and his C.D.C. director *was never put into effect*. Mr. Trump had leveled that criticism last week.

A spokesman for Mr. Obama declined to comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227March 13, 2020 8:40 PM

Omygawd Trump is such a flaming asshole.

by Anonymousreply 228March 13, 2020 8:42 PM

Did Trump demand he deny being positive because the media was making a big deal about all of the meetings he had with Trump and assoc ?

by Anonymousreply 229March 13, 2020 9:34 PM

Probably so, r229

by Anonymousreply 230March 13, 2020 9:39 PM

Why the fuck would he decline to comment?? Obama being too nice again

by Anonymousreply 231March 13, 2020 9:48 PM

Obama needs to stop staying out of this. He needs to say something. His silence has gone beyond being respectful. We need him to throw down with this cancerous creature.

by Anonymousreply 232March 13, 2020 9:57 PM

Since Trump can’t help but project, is this his dying declaration?

by Anonymousreply 233March 13, 2020 10:03 PM

Washington Post:

White House, House Democrats reach deal on coronavirus economic relief package, Pelosi announces

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234March 13, 2020 10:23 PM

Obama never says anything about anything. That's why we love him.

by Anonymousreply 235March 13, 2020 10:32 PM

Forget tomdign my post at R235...

by Anonymousreply 236March 13, 2020 10:33 PM

To SIGN, damnit.

by Anonymousreply 237March 13, 2020 10:33 PM

More bad news for Dump: full Federal Court of Appeals has *vacated* the ruling against the House in the MCGAHN case and agreed to rehear the matter.

It means that the previous ruling which said McGann could not be impelled to appear before the House is thrown out, and the entire court will rehear the case and the entire panel will decide. This is a victory for the House Judicial Committee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238March 13, 2020 10:34 PM

But Didn’t Mitch leave town? How can the senate pass this with him gone?

by Anonymousreply 239March 13, 2020 10:34 PM

[quote]Forget tomdign

I WILL NEVER FORGET TOMDIGN!

by Anonymousreply 240March 13, 2020 10:50 PM

So Trump not only refuses to take ANY responsibility for his administration's terrible response to the Coronavirus, but he actually had the BALLS to blame the Obama administration instead.

This man doesn't just need to go to jail, he needs a rubber room.

by Anonymousreply 241March 13, 2020 11:51 PM

I make it a point to avoid looking at Trump. I will listen to him, if I want to witness his lies that day, but I rarely look. I did today: Holy shit, he looks TERRIBLE! Bloated, pale under the orange, circles, mouth barely opens, his hair just a piss away from white.

At the CDC (I went back and looked at the footage after reading about it here), he appears crazy and confused, and obviously not wearing his mangirdle under the 'casual clothes'.20# of shit in a 5# bag.

And I am here for it.

by Anonymousreply 242March 14, 2020 12:29 AM

I was in a store the other day and saw a guy, probably in his 40s but looked 60, in one of those shopping scooters. He obviously had medical issues/illnesses.

He was going on and on and laughing at people buying things because, "it's just a goddamn flu, Drumpf says so."

It's actually quite frightening how many idiots are going to die because of Dotard.

by Anonymousreply 243March 14, 2020 12:32 AM

Good R243...Darwinism

by Anonymousreply 244March 14, 2020 1:07 AM

I kinda want the Democrats to play hardball right now. Everyone is slowly, reluctantly coming around to the realization that Trump and his entire cult don't know what to do about this crisis (like every crisis). I wish they had held out for some serious redesign in this stupid fucked up government.

by Anonymousreply 245March 14, 2020 2:27 AM

The Cult Of Trump During Coronavirus | All In | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246March 14, 2020 3:23 AM

[quote]Obama needs to stop staying out of this. He needs to say something.

A Nobel prize winner has no need to engage with a criminal retard.

Obama knows that if he dignified Trump's insanity with a reply there would be gleeful tweets back. Thus a stupid distraction at a time of emergency.

Far better to leave the stench of Trump's discharge hanging in the air - adding yet more to his aura of total unfitness, which now seems infinite.

by Anonymousreply 247March 14, 2020 7:45 AM

R247 is absolutely right. Obama doesn’t need to pile on, Trump is doing a great job on his own showing what a useless clown he is.

by Anonymousreply 248March 14, 2020 2:00 PM

Brian Tyler Cohen:

Kamala Harris DESTROYS Republicans for sinking paid sick leave bill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249March 14, 2020 2:31 PM

Watch out Lindz, you got competition for Bone Spurs prime affection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250March 14, 2020 2:38 PM

Trump, Dems Reach Coronavirus Relief Deal As National Emergency Is Declared | The 11th Hour | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251March 14, 2020 2:39 PM

R250, that is the face of a rapist or a serial killer. Imagine if that was the last face you'd ever see before he strangles you.

by Anonymousreply 252March 14, 2020 2:52 PM

Obama is right to stay out of it 99% of the time. Because Trump's actions and his words are so consistently egregious Obama would be commenting every damned day. So when Obama does say something it has weight and credibility and it is noted. It has more impact.

Also, WTF would Obama lower himself to Trump's level? Trump is a fucking clown. He has no credibility, fewer and fewer people are hiding their contempt for him. He has no competencies to run a government, and he's as venal and corrupt as they get.

To quote Robert De Niro, "Fuck Trump." We're on our own. Depend on you city and state government to do what's necessary. Social distancing works. Stay the fuck away from people. That includes weddings funerals, birthday parties, crowded clubs and restaurants, and other kinds of gatherings.

Work from home policy is in effect all over this country, where possible. Schools and libraries are closed. Professional sports have cancelled their schedules, museums and theaters a re closed. What more evidence do you need, to know we have to slow this down ? Do your part.

by Anonymousreply 253March 14, 2020 2:55 PM

Trump has never been intelligent enough to know how the Constitution or laws work which means that people were always telling him he could do this or couldn't do that with the Presidency. I think this has finally shut those up that have been helping/manipulating him into doing the things he does because they are in this as deep as the rest of us and it can negatively affect them too.

by Anonymousreply 254March 14, 2020 3:11 PM

It is incredible no significant number of Republicans would get behind a challenger to Trump. For a Republican, William Weld is very competent, a former Massachusetts Governor, attorney, successf businessman, a Harvard and Oxford graduate, and appears well informed on the issues. He's senior age, but so is current/former candidates Trump, Biden, Bloomberg, Sanders, and Warren.

by Anonymousreply 255March 14, 2020 3:31 PM

R255, because elected Republicans fall into one of three categories:

The whores of lobbyists who don't care what Trump does or how stupid he is because he does their bidding (signs anything put in front of him to benefit the wealthiest)

The whores of lobbyists, but also scared of Trump's cockroach minions

The whores of lobbyists and actually true believers (like Matt Gaetz and Gym Jordan)

by Anonymousreply 256March 14, 2020 3:40 PM

To paraphrase Rosa von Praunheim, a virus pays no attention to political affiliation. Americans are saturated with the Christian mythology of a god who spares special people who please Him, so you can see how it carries over to the belief that if you wear a MAGA hat you're immune to COVID-19.

by Anonymousreply 257March 14, 2020 3:42 PM

As long as Trump is President, everyone is afraid of him because they know he can destroy them. Once he loses his power it will end but the Republicans have completely destroyed their party in the meantime.

by Anonymousreply 258March 14, 2020 4:01 PM

R258, they will never be destroyed as long as the electoral college and gerrymandering allows them to move the goal posts because they sure as hell can't win solely based on humans voting - outside of pockets of the country. No one who isn't wealthy has any business voting Republican. You're either a complete idiot, prejudiced or both.

by Anonymousreply 259March 14, 2020 4:22 PM

CNN:

Financial expert: Do this with money during coronavirus outbreak

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260March 14, 2020 4:48 PM

I haven't watched CNN in over 15 years. Who in the hell is that awful anchorwoman, R260? Her voice is grating, she sounds dim (she sounds like "the I-raq" Miss Teen) and she's dressed like a hostess at a Vegas restaurant. Jesus Christ, do I miss the days of Bernard Shaw and Judy Woodruff.

by Anonymousreply 261March 14, 2020 4:55 PM

I'm convinced that it is mandatory for everyone in the Trump administration to over the top praise him as a condition of their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 262March 14, 2020 5:03 PM

I thought the bit at 0:20 with the signed chart was ever so charming, r261. Also from CNN:

Moderator: Here's what swing voters are saying about Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263March 14, 2020 5:13 PM

R252 you can say that again.

by Anonymousreply 264March 14, 2020 5:22 PM

Scum:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265March 14, 2020 5:28 PM

R258 Romney voted his impeachment and Romney is still kicking. Others should pile on.

by Anonymousreply 266March 14, 2020 5:29 PM

For r264:

"I'm convinced that it is mandatory for everyone in the Trump administration to over the top praise him as a condition of their jobs. "

by Anonymousreply 267March 14, 2020 5:34 PM

For the first time, I look forward to him giving a speech to his feedlot of cultists and I hope he shakes lots of hands.

by Anonymousreply 268March 14, 2020 5:44 PM

Weld previously endorsed Obama. He never had a chance in today's Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 269March 14, 2020 5:46 PM

r266 only because he didn't have anything on Romney. Romney was never chosen to serve in the administration because Trump had nothing over him and no way to control him.

by Anonymousreply 270March 14, 2020 6:24 PM

Elaine Chao is Anonymous!

So some sources have speculated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271March 14, 2020 6:27 PM

The Huck's speaking engagement cancelled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272March 14, 2020 6:40 PM

Dump says he’s being tested, expects results in a day or two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273March 14, 2020 6:46 PM

How nice for them to have such quick access to tests.

by Anonymousreply 274March 14, 2020 6:47 PM

Correction, R273:

Fake Results coming soon!

by Anonymousreply 275March 14, 2020 6:50 PM

12 Easy Steps...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276March 14, 2020 7:02 PM

As usual, this mess is going to be left for the Democratic administration that will be elected in November to clean up. The Trump fuckers are tanking this and killing Americans on purpose. Negligent mass murder for profit and vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 277March 14, 2020 8:06 PM

[quote]Kamala Harris DESTROYS Republicans for sinking paid sick leave bill...

I realize you are only copying the title of the video but she did no such thing and that's the problem. She calmly spoke and implied that the Repugs are doing the wrong thing for the country. Democrats need to start getting angry. They need to stop being so measured and professorial in their responses. Not all of them. We need the grownups in the room but we also need the people to get the public's attention and attack the fucking Repugs because that's all they and the mouth-breathing morons that make up 75% of this country understand. Where are the Democratic attack dogs?

by Anonymousreply 278March 14, 2020 8:10 PM

R277, and then they'll do what they did with Bush "Why do you keep talking about Bush?" And they'll immediately attempt to blame the Democrat for not taking care of it fast enough so it becomes the Dem's fault if it spreads. They're just fucking assholes.

I wanted to vomit every time they attempted to blame Obama for anything involving the Iraq debacle...as if we get a fucking do-over rather than deal with years of disastrous repercussions for what Bush/Neocons did. Even ISIS is as a result of what Bush had done. Do these idiots not understand the domino effect?

by Anonymousreply 279March 14, 2020 8:12 PM

Trump needs to be charged with crimes against humanity.

by Anonymousreply 280March 14, 2020 8:15 PM

So many things sicken me about Republicans. Right now, it's their attempt to lessen the dangers of this virus. Do they want to wait for thousands of people to die before they see action? Is that how it works with their stupid asses or do you actually attempt to nip it in the bud so that thousands DON'T die. And then they can stupidly pretend it was no big deal if it's actually caught early enough rather than see it as having prevented a larger disaster.

It's how they view evolution, too. "I never saw a monkey turn into a human, so evolution doesn't exist."

Must everything be a picture book and flash cards for them? If they can't see it, it's not happening...except a sky fairy, of course.

by Anonymousreply 281March 14, 2020 8:22 PM

Lindsey receives a care package and card from Melania and Donalld.

Lindsey is pursing a two-week self-quaratine as a precaution.

Couldn't the Trumps send care packages to some sick and poor people that actually need it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282March 14, 2020 10:27 PM

^quarantine

by Anonymousreply 283March 14, 2020 10:30 PM

Apparently, Lindz picks up a lot of free things.

by Anonymousreply 284March 14, 2020 10:33 PM

And in the middle of all this calamity, that chowderhead AOC goes on Fox News and complains about "voter suppression" as the reason ego-mad vandal Bernie Sanders didn't receive hundreds of thousands of votes he DIDN'T GET ANYWHERE on Tuesday's big primary day!

What a dumb fuck she turned out to be.

by Anonymousreply 285March 14, 2020 11:30 PM

I just received a push alert on my phone from CNN: President Trump has tested negative for the coronavirus.

Shocking!

by Anonymousreply 286March 14, 2020 11:39 PM

And like everything else that comes out of this White House about this president, we can totally believe it!

by Anonymousreply 287March 14, 2020 11:43 PM

NYT:

Trump Is Tested for Coronavirus, and Experts Ask: What Took So Long?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288March 14, 2020 11:47 PM

NYT:

On a Saturday Night in Florida, a Presidential Party Became a Coronavirus Hot Zone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289March 15, 2020 12:20 AM

And if the results are true hell soon make the claim that he's Superhuman, with the best immune system ever , which allows him to be exposed over and over and not have to worry about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290March 15, 2020 12:23 AM

He obviously has the virus, which is why he's been so short of breath. He's lying as usual. Whatever the WH says, assume the opposite is true.

by Anonymousreply 291March 15, 2020 12:25 AM

He's totally immune from the virus! It's one of his superhuman traits! The test results dont lie!

by Anonymousreply 292March 15, 2020 12:49 AM

I trust absolutely nothing that comes out of this WH. Nothing. If tRump said that “the sun rises in the East and sets in the West,” I would question every single word, including “in” and “the.”

by Anonymousreply 293March 15, 2020 12:55 AM

There will even be children's stories written in the future about the Camelot times of Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294March 15, 2020 1:37 AM

Rhodes: Obama Left Trump A 'Global Health Infrastructure' | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295March 15, 2020 2:55 AM

I have a great andbeautiful 'munity...The doctors say they can't even believe it!

by Anonymousreply 296March 15, 2020 7:07 AM

So Trump disbanded a pandemic response team, cut funding to the CDC, is dismantling ObamaCare as we speak and wanted to keep his numbers down and refused testing from WHO. This should be on repeat...I mean it's a lot and it is egregious but can we sum it up nicely?

by Anonymousreply 297March 15, 2020 1:25 PM

DIE, FAT MAN! DIE!

by Anonymousreply 298March 15, 2020 2:08 PM

[quote]So Trump disbanded a pandemic response team, cut funding to the CDC, is dismantling ObamaCare as we speak and wanted to keep his numbers down and refused testing from WHO.

I take no responsibility at all!

by Anonymousreply 299March 15, 2020 2:11 PM

Trump tried to cut funding to the CDC. Congress did not let him. He did manage to disband the pandemic response unit.

by Anonymousreply 300March 15, 2020 2:22 PM

[quote]Do these idiots not understand the dummino effect?

FTFY

by Anonymousreply 301March 15, 2020 3:26 PM

[Quote]So Trump disbanded a pandemic response team, cut funding to the CDC, is dismantling ObamaCare as we speak and wanted to keep his numbers down and refused testing from WHO.

His proposed payroll tax cut will hurt Social Security, Medicare etc. Manipulation of the stock market? Is he or his family trying to enrich himself with this German vaccine?

Can we add these to the list?

by Anonymousreply 302March 15, 2020 4:02 PM

Trump does not do anything unless he can find a way too enrich himself. We will never know the extent of what this corrupt human being has done but wait until everyone finds out all the political things he ddi but only when he could receive kickbacks from it. Someone told me last night that Pelosi has requested info of where the 8.3 billion of the virus money he was just given was being spent. They have refused. He is already stealing that.

by Anonymousreply 303March 15, 2020 4:32 PM

p.s. he wants all that money for the wall because he is getting HUGE kickbacks

by Anonymousreply 304March 15, 2020 4:35 PM

Pelosi and the Dems are just dumbest cunts in this country. They let Trump and the Republicans get away with their shit every time. They approved emergency funds for the Corona crisis? Great. I heard the Dems were insisting on preventions that Trump could not misuse the funds. Did that happen? No? The Dems insisted on sick leave etc. in the economic stimulus package. Moscow Mitch told them to GFT and went on vacation. Pelosi still made a deal in record time. Did the Dems get what they wanted? No? Stupid cunts. Tell Trump and the Republicans to GFT and don't give them more money. The WH doesn't want to give them the numbers? Well great, no more funds for you till we see the numbers. But fucking Pelosi doesn't have the balls to tell Trump and MoscowMitch to go fuck themselves. It's always the high road and compromise.

by Anonymousreply 305March 15, 2020 4:54 PM

Pelosi can get back at the Repubs if Trump dies and Pence is sworn in. She can refuse to allow the House to take a vote on whoever the Repubs name as Vice President. If Pence dies, then Pelosi becomes Prez. And Nancy seems to at least have the good sense to probably wash her hands and avoid shaking hands.

by Anonymousreply 306March 15, 2020 5:00 PM

The Atlantic:

The Trump Presidency Is Over

It has taken a good deal longer than it should have, but Americans have now seen the con man behind the curtain.

MARCH 13, 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307March 15, 2020 5:20 PM

Yeah, but who is going to push him out? It might be the virus which takes down himself, the embodiment of a human virus. But then we get Pence -- who is up Trump's ass anyway, so maybe we'd actually get Pelosi, who could fire everybody in Trump's administration. Maybe she already has a list of who she'd put in her Cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 308March 15, 2020 5:23 PM

Trump today on Twitter:

So now it is reported that, after destroying his life & the life of his wonderful family (and many others also), the FBI, working in conjunction with the Justice Department, has “lost” the records of General Michael Flynn. How convenient. I am strongly considering a Full Pardon!

by Anonymousreply 309March 15, 2020 7:07 PM

Thank god he’s focused on what’s truly important.

by Anonymousreply 310March 15, 2020 7:20 PM

ProPublica:

The RNC Gave Big Contracts to Companies Linked to Its Chairwoman’s Husband and Political Backers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311March 15, 2020 9:09 PM

Trump Pal Erik Prince Caught Hiring Spies To Infiltrate Liberal Groups

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312March 15, 2020 9:15 PM

Wasn't he trying to get a company he has financial interest in to get the test kits made?? Which is why he rejected WHO test kits... I mean the grift is real.

by Anonymousreply 313March 15, 2020 9:15 PM

“Relax!”

by Anonymousreply 314March 15, 2020 9:25 PM

Expose it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315March 15, 2020 10:31 PM

The company doing them now is owned by Jared Kushners brother Josh

by Anonymousreply 316March 15, 2020 10:37 PM

Why Trump is SO happy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317March 15, 2020 10:52 PM

Oh, you mean the husband of Karlie Kloss Kushner, who got her panties in a wad when it was mentioned she was a Kushner, by a contrestant on Project Runway?

by Anonymousreply 318March 16, 2020 12:57 AM

Why does Lindsey need care packages during a two-week self-quarantine? He has a convenient DC home, is wealthy, has staff/aides, a chauffer, and phones to order for delivery anything he desires.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319March 16, 2020 1:07 AM

^chauffeur

by Anonymousreply 320March 16, 2020 1:25 AM

I might be wrong, but I cant remember any other President cozying up to individual Senators in such a partisan and public way. Im not talking meetings over policy...I mean in a social context where they espouse their loyalty

by Anonymousreply 321March 16, 2020 1:44 AM

Grifter gonna grift.... just when u think he can’t sink any lower

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322March 16, 2020 2:13 AM

The Hill:

German officials to discuss report of U.S. seeking to secure rights to coronavirus vaccine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323March 16, 2020 3:24 AM

I read that Dietmar Hopp (SAP founder) and Bill Gates are both investors/owners of that German CureVac company. So I really hope they're both already rich enough to tell Trump and the US administration to go fuck themselves.

An American president trying to buy a foreign company and securing a possible vaccine that German scientists developed with the help of the German government for Americans only during a GLOBAL pandemic is outrageous. And I have no doubt he is not doing this to help safe American lives. He will find a way to enrich himself with that deal somehow.

by Anonymousreply 324March 16, 2020 8:31 AM

NYT: Senate Republicans have been quietly making overtures to sitting Republican-nominated judges who are eligible to retire to urge them to step aside so they can be replaced while the party still holds the Senate and the White House.

by Anonymousreply 325March 16, 2020 4:35 PM

NYT:

McConnell Has a Request for Veteran Federal Judges: Please Quit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326March 16, 2020 6:54 PM

Dayton Daily News:

Coronavirus: DeWine wants to extend voting to June 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327March 16, 2020 7:27 PM

All states Attorneys General need to come together to plan for 100% vote by mail before November. They can look to Washington and Oregon for guidelines.

by Anonymousreply 328March 16, 2020 7:32 PM

Politico:

House coronavirus package hits snag

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329March 16, 2020 7:38 PM

That would be awesome r328 because it would eliminate a lot of interference by foreign actors and every ballot would have an audit trail. But it is because those reasons that Republicans will never go for it.

by Anonymousreply 330March 16, 2020 7:39 PM

If their people start getting sick, they may have to go for it.

by Anonymousreply 331March 16, 2020 8:01 PM

With all the distraction, Bill Barr has cover to continue doing some real wicked stuff.

by Anonymousreply 332March 16, 2020 11:35 PM

Did anyone else notice Trump falling asleep (standing up) during the coronavirus update today? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 333March 16, 2020 11:39 PM

CNN:

Court grants Ohio governor's request to delay Tuesday's primary until June due to coronavirus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334March 16, 2020 11:43 PM

R332...funny you should say that...this afternoon, the DOJ moved to have the case against the Russians involved in tampering with the 2016 election dismissed. Its the one Mueller filed. Hes clearly doing Trump and Putins bidding.

by Anonymousreply 335March 16, 2020 11:46 PM

And this article says the opposite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336March 16, 2020 11:46 PM

CNN:

Court denies Ohio governor's request to delay Tuesday's primary until June due to coronavirus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337March 17, 2020 12:00 AM

Why did the Governor of Georgia get to postpone the March 24 primary until May 19th? No courts no nothing. He just announced it. A lot of people early voted and he said those votes don't count.

by Anonymousreply 338March 17, 2020 12:21 AM

Next - The Great Depression Part II.

by Anonymousreply 339March 17, 2020 12:32 AM

r331, given that right-wing influencers are insisting that COVID-19 is a hoax and urging their followers to go out and party because freedom, I'm guessing a lot of these people are going to be rotting corpses by November.

by Anonymousreply 340March 17, 2020 12:33 AM

The giant TEXAS TURD backs down -

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) says he will no longer try to block House passage of an emergency coronavirus package, setting the stage for the lower chamber to send the bill to the Senate later Monday night.

Gohmert, a conservative firebrand, had vowed earlier in the day to block the legislation single-handedly, citing what he considered its harmful effects on small businesses. After speaking with Republican leaders, including a phone call with President Trump, he said he still doesn't support the package on the whole but is satisfied enough with changes negotiated Monday between Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin that he'll allow the bill to pass by unanimous consent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341March 17, 2020 1:07 AM

Business as usual with the Cover-Up General:

[quote]“The U.S. Justice Department moved Monday to drop its two-year-long prosecution of a Russian company charged with orchestrating a social media campaign to interfere in the 2016 U.S. presidential election,” The Washington Post reported Monday evening. “The stunning reversal came weeks before the case — a spin off of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s probe — was to go to trial.”

[quote]The filing came after the end of business hours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342March 17, 2020 1:12 AM

I do not understand House rules. If a little sniveling snake like Gomert can literally stop the legislation, WTF did any Democrats do that when Paul Ryan was speaker? Can someone please enlighten me about how it works?

by Anonymousreply 343March 17, 2020 1:17 AM

Barr is a sneaky little shit. But does he really think he can hide?What an arrogant fool. Trump and his cronies remind me of little kids who close their eyes and think you can't see them.

by Anonymousreply 344March 17, 2020 1:25 AM

The NEXT AG needs to ask all the real patriots who hunkered down and collected evidence to come forward.

by Anonymousreply 345March 17, 2020 1:29 AM

R343, this should explain it. This can happen only when the House is in recess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346March 17, 2020 2:34 AM

[quote]these people are going to be rotting corpses by November

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 347March 17, 2020 10:54 AM

Must get rid of Mitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348March 17, 2020 11:58 AM

Washington Post:

Trump administration seeks roughly $850 billion in emergency stimulus to confront coronavirus economic fallout

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349March 17, 2020 2:00 PM

So he tells the Governors of states they're on their own for respirators and wants to use billions to bail out business? Why can't he use some of that money to stimulate the makers of those devices to step up production? It would be a win-win.

Though I understand the real need to make sure the economy is recovering, the priority should always be the citizens who drive it. You can make millions of products, but if there's no one there to buy them, why bother?

by Anonymousreply 350March 17, 2020 5:01 PM

Trump learned from getting the 8.3 billion that Pelosi got him that he can get endless amounts of money and doesn't have to answer to anyone where the money is going since he has refused to tell her what happened to that money. He is bound and determined to become a real billionaire with taxpayer money. This is why he has become so serious. He can see huge amounts of dollar signs. Ahhhh..another moneymaker for Trump.

He didn't just all of a sudden care about everyones safety

by Anonymousreply 351March 17, 2020 5:19 PM

Lá Turd won't reveal the reason for stopping the prosecution of Pootie's Chef.

Why would Pootie's assets do this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352March 17, 2020 6:13 PM

The media is distracted with Corona. Meanwhile, Barr is accelerating his activities in clearing criminal associates of the DT-Vlad scandals along with the gutting of democracy.

by Anonymousreply 353March 17, 2020 6:22 PM

So now Dotard wants to give everyone $1000!!!!

And it's totally not because he's trying to make people forget the mess he's caused and sing his praises for the measly 1,000 and lose all sight of what they've lost... and not so they'll only remember they got a "free" $1000 and vote for him again in November.

Nevermind, it'll probably work.

by Anonymousreply 354March 17, 2020 7:33 PM

Listen. Our HHS has an account with the manufacturer of ventilators. But according to Forbes magazine, every other country is putting in orders for ventilators and they haven't heard from us yet.

by Anonymousreply 355March 17, 2020 7:47 PM

New video from the Never-Trumper group, The Lincoln Project:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356March 17, 2020 7:52 PM

Brian Tyler Cohen:

Reporter FINALLY demands Trump say whether the “buck stops with him”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357March 17, 2020 8:16 PM

Sure, Trump would love all the bucks to stop with him --- and wind up in his pocket -- but that's how he probably thinks the expression means anyway.

by Anonymousreply 358March 17, 2020 8:41 PM

Reuters:

White House preparing to call on military to boost coronavirus medical response

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359March 17, 2020 9:19 PM

Is this supposed to make me feel happier about all the money I lost from my 401K after he panicked the markets?

by Anonymousreply 360March 17, 2020 9:40 PM

Same R360. I've lost about $160K between my IRA and 401k.

by Anonymousreply 361March 17, 2020 9:57 PM

Trump is awful

by Anonymousreply 362March 18, 2020 12:58 AM

How a real leader talks to the public about COVID-19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363March 18, 2020 11:53 AM

Why can't they just close down the markets for a while?

by Anonymousreply 364March 18, 2020 12:08 PM

So people have been talking about the possibility of Trump delaying the election, and what that would entail. Well, he would still be out of office at 12Noon January 20th, 2021 per the Constitution - which means that, after considering Trump, Pence, AND Pelosi would be out of a job since their terms expire in January 2021, and since more Republicans terms would expire in the Senate, that Democratic Senator Patrick Leahy would become President Patrick Leahy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365March 18, 2020 12:46 PM

It's nice that we keep seeing those reassuring articles R365, but since when have these cunts EVER acknowledged, let alone followed, the constitution?

by Anonymousreply 366March 18, 2020 12:51 PM

R366 Thing is, this part of the Constitution is cut and dry. If your term is expired, that's it. Even SCOTUS would uphold that, 9-0. Doesn't matter what His Orangeness decrees - he's not above the Constitution.

by Anonymousreply 367March 18, 2020 12:56 PM

The Constitution specifically states that "Congress shall convene on the 3rd day of January. Trump can cancel the PResidential election, but I don't think legally he gets to suspend state elections. So members of Congress could still get elected, and on January 3rd Pelosi re-elected Speaker...which would make her President.

by Anonymousreply 368March 18, 2020 3:09 PM

I was about to say the same thing, R368.

Say all Dotard loving states fell in line and suspended their elections. California, for instance could decide to still hold theirs and give Nancy another term, thereby securing her spot in the line of succession.

by Anonymousreply 369March 18, 2020 4:21 PM

Ron Wyden and Amy Klobuchar have introduced a bill in the Senate for nationwide vote by mail for this year's general election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370March 18, 2020 5:12 PM

I'm sure Mitch will get right on letting that get through.

by Anonymousreply 371March 18, 2020 5:17 PM

Move the election up so that all the rigmarole over the tabulation can be done with.

by Anonymousreply 372March 18, 2020 8:29 PM

CNN:

Senate approves House-passed coronavirus relief measure

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373March 18, 2020 8:32 PM

Well, this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374March 18, 2020 9:47 PM

Kamala endorses Lindsey's opponent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375March 18, 2020 9:56 PM

Take her on....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376March 18, 2020 10:03 PM

NYT:

U.S. Virus Plan Anticipates 18-Month Pandemic and Widespread Shortages

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377March 18, 2020 10:25 PM

DL is suddenly flooded with a bunch of racist trolls talking about the virus. Have DLs closet racists come out to play or are these the paid Russian bots out to spread misinformation and division?

by Anonymousreply 378March 18, 2020 11:21 PM

DL's racists are hardly closeted.

by Anonymousreply 379March 18, 2020 11:26 PM

Yup, Trump fucked up, as always, time to divert with a little bit of race war.

by Anonymousreply 380March 18, 2020 11:42 PM

Washington Post:

Negotiations intensify on Capitol Hill over massive stimulus legislation as coronavirus fallout worsens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381March 18, 2020 11:49 PM

If you're calling out racists, call out the agist shit, as well.

The disinformation about only the elderly dying has struck a sadistic chord with a few sick millennials calling for the elimination of a whole generation or to 'sacrifice' them for their sake.

I've seen more of that than the blaming of the Chinese. Those meat markets aren't just their problem, either.

No idea why I keep coming here only to be angered by the insanity of brat wishing granny would croak. Tapping out and good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 382March 19, 2020 12:53 AM

R382, DL old timers bitch about young people all the time (or "young" people since some millennials are pushing 40, but when you're 87 I guess everyone seems young)

You guys can dish it out, but you can't take it

by Anonymousreply 383March 19, 2020 1:08 AM

honey, for a hundred years, there has been nothing more tedious than the Battle of the Generations. It is always a bore, and it will never end.

by Anonymousreply 384March 19, 2020 1:09 AM

You know that change in tone that supposedly happened yesterday, suddenly acknowledging it's a pandemic? And today, referring to himself as a "wartime president?" The article in r377 is also part of the strategy. He (or more likely, an advisor) figured out that his best best is to argue it's like WWII-you can't change presidents in the middle of a war.

by Anonymousreply 385March 19, 2020 1:48 AM

President Donald Trump Dubs Himself A Wartime President | Deadline | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386March 19, 2020 2:03 AM

Trump is a cunt. Say it loud, say it proud. Trump is a cunt. Let it carry everyone into November. Trump is a cunt. bitch can call itself what it wants, wartime this, greatest that. but Trump is a cunt, now and forever.

by Anonymousreply 387March 19, 2020 2:11 AM

He really is doing everything he can to prevent the election. I would put nothing past him. NOTHING!!!!

by Anonymousreply 388March 19, 2020 2:42 AM

Where is Ivanka?

by Anonymousreply 389March 19, 2020 3:03 AM

R389, ask Wendi?

by Anonymousreply 390March 19, 2020 3:22 AM

As usual, Dems are passing things that actually matter to workers. They are passing things that would save lives and give comfort in this pandemic. The GOP? Their usual fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 391March 19, 2020 4:12 AM

Where IS Ivanka?

by Anonymousreply 392March 19, 2020 4:22 AM

Ivanka is self quarantined

by Anonymousreply 393March 19, 2020 12:15 PM

Running into work can someone find the secret recording that just came out of Richard Burr re: Carona virus??

Breaking now on NPR

Scandal alert!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 394March 19, 2020 12:39 PM

Here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395March 19, 2020 12:47 PM

Thrilled THRILLED that he is referring to himself as a wartime president.

Now all their felonious acts can be classified as treasonous.

He let a foreign enemy in the front door of the White House.

All the traitors to this nation - Judge Kennedy for stepping down to let in Kavanaugh and protect his own son from incarceration for allowing Deutsch Bank to approve Russian money loans, McConnell and Graham and Nunes and the rest for being in bed with Putin - can by tried as traitors and hanged by the neck until dead.

by Anonymousreply 396March 19, 2020 12:47 PM

I feel sorry for the Donald. Only one month ago he was mainly watching TV, rage tweeting, vacationing at one of his golf resorts and taking an occasional meeting while praising himself for Obama's booming economy and unemployment rate. But suddenly no more executive time and he is right in the middle of a national crisis with daily press conferences and probably hundreds of meetings and decisions every day. The same happened to George W. He was mostly golfing, letting other people make the necessary decisions and enjoying Clinton's legacy and then those nasty people take down the Twin Towers and his fun presidency is suddenly over.

Two losers, same fate. Hope we survive this. At least Trump cannot start random wars while fighting his "invisible enemy".

by Anonymousreply 397March 19, 2020 1:11 PM

Trump thought he had it made and nothing could stop his momentum, then Bam!

by Anonymousreply 398March 19, 2020 1:29 PM

Can someone give me the run down of Barrs comments so I don't have to listen to him?

by Anonymousreply 399March 19, 2020 1:46 PM

Bloomberg:

Congress, White House in Race at ‘Warp Speed’ for Huge Stimulus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400March 19, 2020 2:48 PM

CNN:

Coronavirus relief: Trump signs legislation into law

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401March 19, 2020 2:55 PM

Too little. Too late, motherfucker!

by Anonymousreply 402March 19, 2020 3:14 PM

President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed into law a coronavirus relief package that includes provisions for free testing for Covid-19 and paid emergency leave.

The Senate had earlier Wednesday approved the House-passed bill. The move allowed the upper chamber to devote its full attention to passing the next relief package in response to the coronavirus crisis.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and other Senate Republicans had been critical of the House-passed legislation, but emphasized that it is urgent to get relief to the American people amid the coronavirus crisis.

McConnell reiterated Wednesday that he would not adjourn the Senate until it passed what lawmakers are describing as a "phase three" economic stimulus package in response to the coronavirus outbreak.

After an initial vote last week, the House approved a set of changes to the legislation on Monday, clearing the path for the Senate to take it up this week.

by Anonymousreply 403March 19, 2020 3:17 PM

CNN can’t even bother to explain exactly what’s in the bill.

There’s no checks or payouts to individuals in this law.

by Anonymousreply 404March 19, 2020 3:18 PM

[quote]McConnell reiterated Wednesday that he would not adjourn the Senate until it passed what lawmakers are describing as a "phase three" economic stimulus package in response to the coronavirus outbreak.

Phase Three is Nazispeak for mass graves of Covid corpses buried under the CoronaWall along the Mexican border.*

by Anonymousreply 405March 19, 2020 3:26 PM

They will build a wall with the bones of those who died of C-19.

by Anonymousreply 406March 19, 2020 3:29 PM

[quote]There’s no checks or payouts to individuals in this law.

That's likely to be in the next bill.

by Anonymousreply 407March 19, 2020 3:41 PM

Let’s give money to businesses who don’t pay taxes and give huge bonuses to their CEOs. Screw the little guy.

by Anonymousreply 408March 19, 2020 4:33 PM

Trump riding the coattails of Obama’s inherited economy are done. It’s all you now.

by Anonymousreply 409March 19, 2020 4:34 PM

Brian Tyler Cohen:

Reporter confronts Trump for attacking Dems despite his OWN calls for “unity”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410March 19, 2020 6:25 PM

He had originally written Corona virus in his notes, but crossed off corona and replaced it with "Chinese"

by Anonymousreply 411March 19, 2020 7:03 PM

Those checks being sent to Americans don't amount to a piss hole in a snow bank.

by Anonymousreply 412March 19, 2020 7:07 PM

Washington Post:

Trump calls anti-malarial drug a 'game-changer’ for coronavirus, but the FDA says it needs study

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413March 19, 2020 7:17 PM

Obama was everything we expected from a President. He did what was right and fought the Republicans over Ebola.

If Covid-19 were Ebola, we would all be dying in the streets, fountains of blood hemorrhaging.

THANK YOU OBAMA

YOU ARE MISSED

by Anonymousreply 414March 19, 2020 8:52 PM

[quote] Trump calls anti-malarial drug a 'game-changer’ for coronavirus, but the FDA says it needs study.

He’s a font of misinformation.

by Anonymousreply 415March 19, 2020 8:55 PM

Politico:

Trump drops his coronavirus media detente

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416March 19, 2020 9:59 PM

NYT:

Coronavirus Outbreak: A Cascade of Warnings, Heard but Unheeded

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417March 19, 2020 10:03 PM

We left for Palm Springs around January 10th. I knew about the virus in China because I told my spouse we should take extra cash out from the bank because there was a virus that could interrupt a lot of things. If I knew and planned ahead, why the fuck didn't trump? Oh, never mind, he's an idiot. It really pissed me off to hear him say nobody could have known. Christ we had a 2 - 3 month lead over China.

by Anonymousreply 418March 19, 2020 10:19 PM

The Hill:

Pelosi urges Trump to tap emergency war powers immediately

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419March 19, 2020 10:30 PM

Richard Burr dumped over a million dollars worth of stocks while he was telling the public they had nothing to worry about

by Anonymousreply 420March 19, 2020 11:03 PM

Whatever his motive, maybe this will be effective.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421March 20, 2020 12:13 AM

r421....hopefully there is a loophole that allows them to prosecute Trump, Kushner, et al...you just know they have their hands in plenty of schemes to screw the public.

by Anonymousreply 422March 20, 2020 12:34 AM

She's at it again.

Ex-County Clerk Kim Davis of Kentucky is now teaming-up with ex-Judge Roy Moore of Alabama, in trying to reverse the Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423March 20, 2020 12:40 AM

She's at it again.

Ex-County Clerk Kim Davis of Kentucky is now teaming-up with ex-Judge Roy Moore of Alabama, in trying to reverse the Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424March 20, 2020 12:40 AM

Burr and the rest of those assholes need to be prosecuted when this is all over for insider trading.

Oh we can go the "heads on pikes" route if that works better.

by Anonymousreply 425March 20, 2020 12:40 AM

Kim & Roy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426March 20, 2020 12:43 AM

Washington Post:

Coronavirus will radically alter the U.S.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427March 20, 2020 1:40 AM

I’d be careful in letting the idiot use emergency war powers. He might not let things go back to how they were. Here’s where he could cancel the elections or other horrible stuff

It makes me nervous.

by Anonymousreply 428March 20, 2020 2:55 AM

[quote]Kim & Roy

Perhaps Siegfried and Roy could loan them a rabid tiger or three.

by Anonymousreply 429March 20, 2020 9:43 AM

Trump's advisers need to tell him to stop being on TV. He is misinforming people. He is so insecure can't stand the idea of Fauci and Pence getting air time he isn't dominating.

by Anonymousreply 430March 20, 2020 6:04 PM

CNBC:

Dow sinks 900 points to cap Wall Street's worst week since 2008

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431March 20, 2020 8:16 PM

NYT:

Trump Resists Pressure to Use Wartime Law to Mobilize Industry in Virus Response

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432March 20, 2020 8:21 PM

NBC:

Biden trashes Trump over coronavirus response: 'Step up and do your job, Mr. President'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433March 20, 2020 9:02 PM

NYT:

The War on Coronavirus Comes to Trump Properties

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434March 20, 2020 9:04 PM

Trump is resentful that he can't hold his rallies and have his base sing his praises. I'm proud of the reporters at the virus press conferences for not holding back on their questions. Oh, does he hate that. He's so despicable that he planted Spicer there to softball questions. Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 435March 20, 2020 9:21 PM

R435: Remember the night then-press secretary Spicey hid in the White House bushes to avoid Peter Alexander and other correspondents' questions? There was a photo at the time showing the team awaiting Sean's emergence; I will try to find a link.

by Anonymousreply 436March 20, 2020 9:32 PM

Does Spicer work for a news agency now? Why was he there and asking questions?

by Anonymousreply 437March 20, 2020 9:54 PM

Here's the thing. Governors need to impose restrictions and penalties. I look at the governor of Illinois, NEw York,Michigan, California, and yes, they have a terrible problem, but they're taking steps. A lot of other governors are just fucking around like De Santis in Florida, Kempin Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, North and South Carolina, etc. They need to take action.If I were a US.Senator from any of those vulnerable states, I would tell those governors they are fucking up.

by Anonymousreply 438March 20, 2020 11:08 PM

Oh, but donald said that DeSantis is doing a great job in Florida, R438.

Florida is haunted by the myth of The Fountain of Youth.

by Anonymousreply 439March 20, 2020 11:38 PM

How come Trump hasn't gone to FL lately. It's been a couple of weeks right?

by Anonymousreply 440March 21, 2020 12:37 AM

I think they closed Mar-a-lago

by Anonymousreply 441March 21, 2020 1:03 AM

Hopefully the bedbugs won't get the coronavirus

by Anonymousreply 442March 21, 2020 1:49 AM

Now Lou Dobbs is self-quarantining, after spreading the "It's a hoax" lies

by Anonymousreply 443March 21, 2020 1:52 AM

Hope the corona virus will bankrupt these grifters and their shitty hotel chain. His hotel in Scotland wasn't doing particularly well since he had to rent his overpriced rooms to the Air Force while refuelling on their stopovers.

by Anonymousreply 444March 21, 2020 1:58 AM

Lindsey praises Melania and her video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445March 21, 2020 2:40 AM

I've heard that the Murdoch sons are more reasonable than Rupert, but I have yet to see any evidence. Right now Fox is promoting lies and misinformation about a fatal virus that is wrecking our economy and costing us lives. People are literally dying. They aren't cooperating with the Shelter in place, quarantining. Fox News is endangering lives. Millions of them. Why the fuck don't they "Get on the Bus!" They could do so much good.

by Anonymousreply 446March 21, 2020 1:38 PM

I am impressed with some Governors, such as Andrew Cuomo in showing leadership with this pandemic.

Senator Chris Coons, among a few others in the House and Senate, has a detailed command of the situation.

Every time Trump speaks, the stock market plunges downward. No confidence in Pence, most of the administration, McConnell, McCarthy, etc. Competency and good leadership is sorely missing.

And shit-brained voters will re-elect so many of these greedy and inept characters.

by Anonymousreply 447March 21, 2020 4:13 PM

Pass it on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448March 21, 2020 5:43 PM

Trump is getting cuntier each day.

by Anonymousreply 449March 21, 2020 6:02 PM

[quote]Trump is getting cuntier each day.

He can't go to Mar-a-Lago to play golf or have one of his pep rallies to feed his ego.

by Anonymousreply 450March 21, 2020 6:32 PM

Pee pee girls will need to be tested for the virus before entering the backdoor of the WH or have access Mar-a-Lago.

by Anonymousreply 451March 21, 2020 8:01 PM

Pee Pee sounds like a good name for one of the Spice Girls.

by Anonymousreply 452March 21, 2020 8:33 PM

Pres Bone Spurs knew of the dangers of this virus for months (hell I even knew what was about to happen from my friend), denied it, downplayed it, said it was a hoax, it would go away soon, cases would be zero within days and now we are living a hellish life. So much of this damage could have been prevented if he, and his officials, knew what they were doing. They don't. The GOP cannot govern with normal Republicans much less these clowns.

So much of this nightmare would have been prevented with a Dem President. Elections have consequences! Now we see just how huge they are.

by Anonymousreply 453March 22, 2020 2:13 AM

" Elections have consequences! "

Especially the ones that are hacked. I still believe deep down in my soul we did not elect that man. He did not win the electoral college. Those tallies were hacked. And almost every single little thing that Trump has done since the election only confirms my belief.

Perhaps some day the real truth will come out, with the receipts!

by Anonymousreply 454March 22, 2020 3:51 AM

They did r454...Her name is Reality Winner...she leaked DHS documents showing the election totals were hacked...not the voter rolls...the actual votes...they immediately arrested her, denied her bail, found her guilty, and shes been in prison since.. Glen Greenwald is who she leaked to and he turned her in...yeah, hes not on Putins payroll.

by Anonymousreply 455March 22, 2020 4:27 AM

R455 I have seen that posted here before, but how could something that huge have not been exploited by the press? Hilary Clinton? Any Democrat?

Can you post a link? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 456March 22, 2020 4:34 AM

It was covered in the media...Maddow even did stories on it. There are active social media campaigns to free RW....its not forgotten, just neglected bu those who have no balls to call it out.

by Anonymousreply 457March 22, 2020 4:41 AM

It happened early in the Russia frenzy...Jeff Sessions was still the AG

by Anonymousreply 458March 22, 2020 4:42 AM

Re: Reality Winner. I just found this link....What happened to her and is still happening is pretty brutal. I wish some network had been giving this non-stop coverage similar to how Fox covered the Seth Rich Story. Point being that this is real and Fox's coverage of Rich was the very definition of fake news!

But there's still nothing specific about what she found. What states? Evidence of possible hacking? or evidence that vote tallies were definitely changed in areas where it made the difference. Not criticizing, just looking for more information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459March 22, 2020 4:51 AM

Here is the real tea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460March 22, 2020 5:02 AM

lol R460 I also just found that story and was about to post. You beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 461March 22, 2020 5:05 AM

Notice that Reality Winner got a five year sentence. She'll get out not too long after the 2020 election and be free to talk. Convenient for Trump, no?

by Anonymousreply 462March 22, 2020 5:17 AM

So why did Chris Hayes make a podcast that few will listen to, instead of it being a lead story on Maddow? She should be interviewing that journalist on national television. If information like this had been pushed forward and it would have been the start of reversing the election results - TRUMP DID NOT FUCKING WIN! - can you imagine how different the world would be? You can't blame Trump for the Corona Virus, but he is #1 to blame for this country not being prepared and the hell we're going thru now. HIM. JUST HE ALONE IS RESPONSIBLE!

And who is even reading this, very late on a Saturday night?

by Anonymousreply 463March 22, 2020 6:58 AM

GMA , this morning, led with Cuomo, not Trump.

Yes, I know GMA is barely a notch above Tabloid TV, but it's watched by millions.

Trump notices stuff like that. It enrages him.

by Anonymousreply 464March 22, 2020 12:38 PM

Ole Gollywhopper Barr getting pushback from some conservatives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465March 22, 2020 1:31 PM

Piggy acts as if he wants that fascist dictatorship fast & is using the virus as the means.

by Anonymousreply 466March 22, 2020 1:38 PM

r459, r463.....1. The Intercept IS Glen Greenwald...hes the one who turned her in. 2...Maddow actually did several segments on it. 3...Chris hayes is a self serving egotist who thinks far too highly of himself.

by Anonymousreply 467March 22, 2020 3:15 PM

Brian Tyler Cohen:

Trump gives UNREAL answer on using gov't bailout for his family businesses

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468March 22, 2020 3:24 PM

FCI, tell your friends on the Hill that Pelosi ought to hire a "Pandemic Czar" on her staff, and start coordinating with the governors, and start applying her incredible powers of persuasion to get the billionaires and the corporate dons to form a "Committee of Concern" to work with and help. It will put enormous pressure in the White House and it'll let Trump and his GOP Cronies know they can all be bypassed. Go for it. WTF do we have to lose at this point.

by Anonymousreply 469March 22, 2020 4:29 PM

Yeah, I want Pelosi to tell me what's going on. Maybe she can Skype something for us.

by Anonymousreply 470March 22, 2020 6:44 PM

WH briefing is scheduled at 4:30 PM Eastern today.

by Anonymousreply 471March 22, 2020 7:39 PM

WH briefing has been moved to 5:00 PM.

by Anonymousreply 472March 22, 2020 8:26 PM

I wish Trump would skip these briefings and let someone else take over. I mean, he'll pass on the hard questions and insult the person asking anyway. He just keeps giving crummy, downright harmful answers and "advice" anyway.

by Anonymousreply 473March 22, 2020 8:39 PM

He loves hearing the sound of his own voice so he's obviously never going to stop.

It's amazing that he has no clue how stupid he is and actually thinks he speaks with intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 474March 22, 2020 8:46 PM

To what time have they now moved the briefing?

by Anonymousreply 475March 22, 2020 9:19 PM

5:30

by Anonymousreply 476March 22, 2020 9:20 PM

Yeah, like I'm gonna watch that.

by Anonymousreply 477March 22, 2020 9:25 PM

I said above that he would wait for the 6:00 vote

by Anonymousreply 478March 22, 2020 9:54 PM

RNC Chairwoman Busted Using Party Funds To Enrich Her Family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479March 22, 2020 9:56 PM

"At no cost."

Motherfucker, I'm a NY taxpayer and that's MY money and my fellow NYers and CA and NJ and CT. You want to use that bullshit line? Use it on the fucking red state mooching hicks who don't pay for shit as it is - it's their entire MO.

by Anonymousreply 480March 22, 2020 10:12 PM

Who cares about the White House briefing? He is stupid, uninformed, dishonest and generally repulsive. He is using these "briefings" to compensate for the rallies he can no longer have. Fuck him and fuck his WH and fuck McConnell and fuck the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 481March 22, 2020 10:20 PM

Trump is reading Steven Miller's prepared speech. It is when he fields questions is when he has his biggest flubs.

by Anonymousreply 482March 22, 2020 10:20 PM

What are we supposed to be learning from these briefings?

by Anonymousreply 483March 22, 2020 10:23 PM

Everyone on Trump's team begins their presentation praising Trump. That is so sickening. They do it every time.

by Anonymousreply 484March 22, 2020 10:25 PM

Reuters:

Exclusive: U.S. axed CDC expert job in China months before virus outbreak

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485March 22, 2020 10:26 PM

[quote]Whatever the maximum word is that isn't death... that happened.

by Anonymousreply 486March 22, 2020 10:56 PM

CNN:

Trump outlines national guard activations for New York, California, Washington

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487March 22, 2020 10:59 PM

R486, it's funny how Trump talks about inheriting obsolete this and that (having had four years to improve it and not doing so), yet never mentions all of the agencies/jobs that specifically existed to fight pandemics which his fucking admin. axed.

by Anonymousreply 488March 22, 2020 10:59 PM

r487, because using the National Guard always turns out so well.

by Anonymousreply 489March 22, 2020 11:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490March 23, 2020 1:23 AM

Washington Post:

Governors and mayors in growing uproar over Trump’s lagging coronavirus response

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491March 23, 2020 2:22 AM

Rand Paul is Typhoid Larry

by Anonymousreply 492March 23, 2020 2:47 AM

Is he dead? Did he die? Is Randy Paul dead yet? Is he? Well is he?

by Anonymousreply 493March 23, 2020 3:28 AM

trump will be on TV every day as long as Andrew Cuomo is on TV. Trump, according to anonymous White House sources, is furious about Cuomo's recent celebrity, and the popularity for the way he is handling the pandemic. Incensed.

by Anonymousreply 494March 23, 2020 3:46 AM

Dump is probably watching Cuomo every morning too to get some straight facts what is really going on in the country and explain it to him in a language he can understand. I doubt the genius really knows what the fuck is going on and how to handle this.

by Anonymousreply 495March 23, 2020 9:24 AM

This pandemic is showing which politicians are showing solid leadership, and which ones don't.

Listening to Andrew Cuomo can be fatiguing, but he's keeping people informed, shows he understands the consequences of the pandemic, articulates well action plans, and demonstrates he's working very hard for the welfare of his constituents.

Trump, Ron DeSantis, McConnell, Mnuchin, and some others, have not demonstrated the leadership needed.

Now is not the time for incompetence and catering to certain special interests rather than the public good..

by Anonymousreply 496March 23, 2020 10:53 AM

Rand Paul is a physician. Yet he took exposure risks and perhaps spread the virus to others.

Having the Senate gym and pool open shows they were incredibly slack on precautions.

by Anonymousreply 497March 23, 2020 11:00 AM

How the fuck was the Senate gym still open, when nearly every other gym around the globe had closed?

by Anonymousreply 498March 23, 2020 11:21 AM

White supremacists online are telling each other to spread the virus as much as possible if they get it. I wonder if Rand Paul chose to spread it intentionally. He thrives on being a chaos agent so this would not surprise me AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 499March 23, 2020 11:28 AM

Can't they just let Dotard conduct his batshit press conferences but keep the cameras turned off? He wouldn't know the difference and it would keep him out of everyone's way.

by Anonymousreply 500March 23, 2020 12:07 PM

Kellyanne Conway

money---money---money

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501March 23, 2020 12:07 PM

R500 can they keep the sound off when he and Pence speak too?

by Anonymousreply 502March 23, 2020 12:10 PM

Moscow Mitch on the floor of the Senate mournfully demonizing Democrats for not caring about the people that are suffering. He can’t understand why they won’t just rubber stamp the Repub bill! This is sickening. Does anyone buy this crap?

by Anonymousreply 503March 23, 2020 4:24 PM

Schumer is too timid to be Dem leader - as he's just proven again. I'm sick of him. We need someone tougher. A firebrand.

by Anonymousreply 504March 23, 2020 4:28 PM

If she doesn't become VP I want Amy Klobuchar to be the next Senate Majority Leader. And yes, that means we WILL take the Senate in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 505March 23, 2020 4:45 PM

Mitch McConnell is the biggest piece of shit EVAH.

by Anonymousreply 506March 23, 2020 5:39 PM

Did they already vote again on that fuck fest? Billions of dollars for corporations and absolutely no accountability. Great plan. We saw how well that worked with the first bill when Pelosi requested information from the WH how the first $8 billion were spent and they basically told her to GFH. Bet the Dems will cave again and will approved this corporation bailout without much changes.

by Anonymousreply 507March 23, 2020 6:14 PM

r499, that makes sense as there's been a rumor going around the wingnut circuit that COVID-19 doesn't kill white people. Of course they also say that COVID-19 was created by the Chinese government to...I don't know...get rid of all the people in Wuhan because they were pissed at them or something. So if Rand Paul or other white wingnut celebs die there'll probably be rumors that they were murdered in order to panic white people.

by Anonymousreply 508March 23, 2020 6:25 PM

Washington Post:

Democrats block key vote on $2 trillion coronavirus bill as Senate floor erupts with partisan anger

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509March 23, 2020 6:26 PM

Why is Trump so reluctant to invoke the Defense Protection Act?

by Anonymousreply 510March 23, 2020 6:32 PM

R510 Everybody keeps asking this question but I've seen no explanation. My personal theory is he's trying to steer it towards some company that provides him personal benefit, (or away from some resource that would cause him to lose). Hopefully, some WAPO or NYT reporter will reveal it for us.

by Anonymousreply 511March 23, 2020 6:54 PM

R511, that’s a good theory. My own is that he’s frightened and indecisive and scared that one of these captains of industry will be furious with him if he tries to boss them around.

by Anonymousreply 512March 23, 2020 7:00 PM

Both theories make very good sense. He doesn't want to confront or order corporations to do his bidding, while at the same time he's lining up the players he wants to benefit and weighing the offers.

It would be beyond my imaginative ability to speculate whether he considers the actual people in any of these plans and because the thought of him makes me want to hurl.

by Anonymousreply 513March 23, 2020 7:16 PM

I think Repubs can't get through bill also since about 5 of them are home in self-quarantine. Yet, that hasn't stopped evil McConnell and his co-horts from trying to help corporations and themselves as the expense of helping the American people. Bastards.

by Anonymousreply 514March 23, 2020 7:20 PM

Total bastards to use an emergency. Evil is too good of a word to describe this consistency. Demonic?

by Anonymousreply 515March 23, 2020 7:22 PM

Miss Lindsey says:

"Enough is enough!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516March 23, 2020 8:33 PM

Well, fiddle-dee-dee. When Miz Lindz exclaimed that did she stamp her little satin shoe? 👠

I really hope we get rid of that useless bootlicker in November.

by Anonymousreply 517March 23, 2020 8:40 PM

Yawn. Ms. Senatrice will be back to her normally scheduled program tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 518March 23, 2020 8:42 PM

Sending taxpayer provided trillions to corporate CEOs to double their bonus pay, with zero accountability as pushed by Mnuchin and McConnell, is certainly not the way to go

by Anonymousreply 519March 23, 2020 8:42 PM

Why can’t Congress go ahead and pass the parts of the bill they agree on and hash the rest out later?

by Anonymousreply 520March 23, 2020 9:15 PM

Sen. Elizabeth Warren On The Standoff Over Stimulus Bill | Stephanie Ruhle | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521March 23, 2020 9:26 PM

Pelosi Unveils New Act As Coronavirus Stimulus Bill Fails For A Second Time | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522March 23, 2020 9:55 PM

Why is Bill Barr at this Coronavirus briefing ?.....Is Trump going to pull some iminent power bullshit ?

by Anonymousreply 523March 23, 2020 10:25 PM

Trump just said Barr is there to talk about going after price gougers.

by Anonymousreply 524March 23, 2020 10:26 PM

[quote]"Enough is enough!"

Well, she can't be referring to receiving the Japanese Rain Goggles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525March 23, 2020 10:30 PM

[quote] Trump just said Barr is there to talk about going after price gougers.

And where, pray tell, does Barr stand on the the subject of elected government representatives profiting on the stock market from their private knowledge of a pandemic they publicly deny?

by Anonymousreply 526March 23, 2020 10:35 PM

I'm okay with that, R526.

by Anonymousreply 527March 23, 2020 10:39 PM

During the Vietnam War, the daily press briefings by the U.S. government were dismissively referred to as "Jive at Five." That's where we are at now: it's just one Administration lie after another. We're winning! There's light at the end of the tunnel! This will be resolved any day now!

by Anonymousreply 528March 23, 2020 10:41 PM

The Hill:

Trump signals openings: US not 'built to be shut down'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529March 23, 2020 10:54 PM

Damn, he is really antsy to get back to his Klan Rallies. Jesus Fuck, Donnie, take a month off from shouting nonsense in front of inbred crowds! It's not that traumatic.

by Anonymousreply 530March 23, 2020 10:58 PM

WATCH LIVE: Senators clash as Congress remains deadlocked over coronavirus economic stimulus bill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531March 24, 2020 12:50 AM

I am adopting that right now, r528.

by Anonymousreply 532March 24, 2020 7:44 AM

The deadliest week of the Vietnam War for the USA was during the Tet Offensive specifically February 11–17, 1968, during which period 543 Americans were killed in action, and 2547 were wounded.

I wonder what the American people will do when the Corona Virus numbers exceed the Vietnam casualties?

The Trump Offensive.

by Anonymousreply 533March 24, 2020 9:13 AM

CNBC:

Pelosi says there is 'real optimism' Congress can reach a stimulus deal in the next few hours

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534March 24, 2020 2:48 PM

It's all that stupid Republican horror of giving any money to anyone who isn't rich already. And the horror that the exact same oligarchy won't be kept in place after this pandemic. Glad the Democrats are holding out for real relief for real people, and not Trump and McConnell and Mnuchin picking the usual winners to give yet more money to.

by Anonymousreply 535March 24, 2020 2:55 PM

Seems as though there's been less activity on DL from right wing trolls and Putinbots in the last day or so. Such a pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 536March 24, 2020 3:20 PM

The Hill:

Trump says he hopes to have economy reopen by Easter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537March 24, 2020 5:55 PM

Lindsey takes veiled jab at DJT. Lindsey is being spunky with the social distancing. Tonight on Hannity, Lindsey will be right back to praising Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538March 24, 2020 6:25 PM

Lindsey takes veiled jab at DJT. Lindsey is being spunky with the social distancing. Tonight on Hannity, Lindsey will be right back to praising Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539March 24, 2020 6:25 PM

At least everyone can visit their grandparents on Easter before they die.

by Anonymousreply 540March 24, 2020 6:26 PM

Brian Tyler Cohen:

McConnell and Democrat Joe Manchin clash on Senate floor over bailout

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541March 24, 2020 6:26 PM

[quote]Lindsey takes veiled jab at DJT. Lindsey is being spunky with the social distancing. Tonight on Hannity, Lindsey will be right back to praising Trump.

Lindsey needs to die ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 542March 24, 2020 6:34 PM

The Senatrice just likes playing hard to get.

by Anonymousreply 543March 24, 2020 6:35 PM

McConnell wants that two trillion slush fund to give to Trump and Mnuchin to disperse to corporations of their choosing with little to no accountability. CEOs will give themselves immense added bonuses and buy back their prior holdings at huge profits. Jared & Eric, among others, are licking their chops and rubbing their hands. Mitch & Elaine have millions invested into the Chao family shipping cartel. They'll get a nice bundle of money from this particular stimulus.

by Anonymousreply 544March 24, 2020 6:48 PM

Is Lindsey going to be a godparent?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545March 24, 2020 7:01 PM

Is Lindsey going to be a godparent?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546March 24, 2020 7:01 PM

Knowing how gross Megs is, it wouldn't surprise me. She basically still licks Drumpf's taint despite him making a mockery of her father's memory.

by Anonymousreply 547March 24, 2020 7:48 PM

CNBC:

Dow soars 11% in best day since 1933 as stimulus deal nears

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548March 24, 2020 8:22 PM

Politico: Hillary Clinton mocks Trump's science cred

”Please do not take medical advice from a man who looked directly at a solar eclipse,” Clinton wrote on Twitter, a reference to an August 2017 eclipse during which Trump briefly looked at the sun without protective eye gear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549March 24, 2020 8:57 PM

The Hill:

GOP senators expect stimulus vote to be Wednesday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550March 24, 2020 9:30 PM

Hillary nails it.

by Anonymousreply 551March 24, 2020 9:35 PM

Will Burnie be at the vote this time?

by Anonymousreply 552March 24, 2020 9:36 PM

Bernie, Jane, and Weaver, are begging for money.

by Anonymousreply 553March 24, 2020 9:54 PM

I must say that I'm impressed with how strong of an immune system Drumpf has. He's constantly surrounded by people who turn up positive and continues to surround himself with people, often less than a foot apart.

He really must have the greatest, best, health of anyone ever.

by Anonymousreply 554March 24, 2020 10:18 PM

Adam Schiff...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555March 24, 2020 10:30 PM

I love Adam Schiff. Thank God for California giving us Schiff, Lieu, Waters, and Pelosi.

Although they've also given us Nunes.

by Anonymousreply 556March 24, 2020 10:33 PM

I love Adam Schiff but sometimes I wish Schumer and Schiff and others would STFU. They goad him. Sometimes you need to ignore that fucker and just proceed . Because once you give weight and significance to something ridiculous, he gets invested in it and his ego will not allow him to back away.

Now. With this so called slush fund he says I want control, and you just say sure, boss. Then you do what you need to do and he is left with the result which doesn't give him control.

by Anonymousreply 557March 24, 2020 10:38 PM

Don't forget Rohrabacher, r556.

by Anonymousreply 558March 25, 2020 12:41 AM

And Kevin McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 559March 25, 2020 12:49 AM

Evil dies hard, r554!

by Anonymousreply 560March 25, 2020 12:54 AM

Evil dies hard, r554!

by Anonymousreply 561March 25, 2020 12:54 AM

Several guests who attended a disco-themed birthday party at Trump's Los Angeles golf course this month have since contracted the coronavirus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562March 25, 2020 1:44 AM

"To be a week into these restrictions and already be talking about abandoning them is irresponsible and dangerous," said Johns Hopkins' Tom Inglesby. Removing restrictions now would allow the virus, he said, to "spread widely, rapidly, terribly."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563March 25, 2020 1:54 AM

Awe, there’s our DL cutie Kyle, at 562/63. What a doll. He’s dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 564March 25, 2020 2:14 AM

Huck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565March 25, 2020 2:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566March 25, 2020 2:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567March 25, 2020 2:27 AM

Is Huck at R565 out burying his corn cobs?

by Anonymousreply 568March 25, 2020 2:28 AM

He's no Brian Tyler Cohen, r564.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569March 25, 2020 2:54 AM

A Drum Beat of One:' Sen. Cory Booker on Trump's Calls To Open Economy | All In | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570March 25, 2020 2:59 AM

White House hits CNN, MSNBC for cutting away from Trump coronavirus briefing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571March 25, 2020 3:56 AM

Antsy at being sealed off, with no visiting dignitaries and no large crowds, President Trump has wondered aloud to aides when life will again return to normal in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic — not just for the nation, but for himself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572March 25, 2020 3:58 AM

Where's Ivanka?

by Anonymousreply 573March 25, 2020 4:39 AM

Probably under her father's desk, R573.

by Anonymousreply 574March 25, 2020 4:46 AM

Or with her face in Melania's lap.

by Anonymousreply 575March 25, 2020 4:46 AM

Or her BFF Wendi's.

by Anonymousreply 576March 25, 2020 4:47 AM

Most certainly not in Jared's.

by Anonymousreply 577March 25, 2020 5:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578March 25, 2020 5:39 AM

Has this thread been paywalled?

by Anonymousreply 579March 25, 2020 5:39 AM

I don't think so, why?

by Anonymousreply 580March 25, 2020 5:39 AM

It's just moved so incredibly slow.

by Anonymousreply 581March 25, 2020 5:40 AM

Not paywalled but Red M put DL on subscription most of the day.

by Anonymousreply 582March 25, 2020 5:40 AM

Ah, that explains it, R582, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 583March 25, 2020 5:48 AM

Overall though this thread has moved incredibly slow. This thread started almost a month ago.

by Anonymousreply 584March 25, 2020 5:48 AM

Most people have been busy talking about Corona and there are 500 other threads about it.

by Anonymousreply 585March 25, 2020 5:49 AM

True, coupled with Primary talks.

by Anonymousreply 586March 25, 2020 5:52 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587March 25, 2020 5:52 AM

Thanks, OP!

by Anonymousreply 588March 25, 2020 5:52 AM

OP, thanks!

by Anonymousreply 589March 25, 2020 5:54 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590March 25, 2020 5:54 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 591March 25, 2020 5:54 AM

this

by Anonymousreply 592March 25, 2020 5:55 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 593March 25, 2020 5:55 AM

out

by Anonymousreply 594March 25, 2020 5:55 AM

Link

by Anonymousreply 595March 25, 2020 5:55 AM

below

by Anonymousreply 596March 25, 2020 5:55 AM

to

by Anonymousreply 597March 25, 2020 5:55 AM

new

by Anonymousreply 598March 25, 2020 5:55 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 599March 25, 2020 5:55 AM

New thread linked below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 25, 2020 5:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!