Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Superstore - Has anyone watched this show?

I'm catching this in syndication and it is very funny! I don't think it's running in real time and I have no idea when it ran originally. Very well written and excellent casting. The lead is America Ferrera (sp?) and Mark McKinney from Kids in the Hall is in it. Worth a viewing if you get a chance.

by Anonymousreply 318March 30, 2021 1:52 PM

I quite agree. This show has been running on NBC for at least a couple or three years and is quite enjoyable. I think it's been renewed for next season. I can't understand why no one's talked about it here on DL before. It's even got a great flaming gay character, played by great flaming gay actor Nico Santos.

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2020 4:52 PM

One of my favorite shows and so under rated, it's never received the buzz it deserves. Airs Thursdays at 8:00 on NBC. Also lots of interviews with the cast on YT, they seem to genuinely enjoy each other.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2020 4:52 PM

Love Superstore. Oddly enough America Ferrera is pretty unlike able in it.

Lauren Ash (Dina) is HILARIOUS tho. Also glad they made Sandra a main.

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2020 4:53 PM

The gay guy and the guy in the wheelchair are GREAT! They don't overplay their parts and there is seldom any reference to their gayness or handicap which makes some of the situations even funnier. Even the smaller roles - like the checkout clerks and stockers - are given great lines. Thanks for letting me know it's still on in real time. I can't believe it hasn't been acknowledged for any awards, especially writing. Who the hell did they piss off?

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2020 5:01 PM

Yeah, this show is definitely a hidden gem. I think they jumped the shark by putting Jonah and Amy together so soon. Their relationship feels so ho-hum. My favorite characters are Cheyenne, Glenn, Mateo, Sandra and Myrtle. Sadly, the actress who played Myrtle died late last year. She was 86.

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2020 5:05 PM

I love Sandra’s jealous arch nemesis.

One of the truly admirable qualities of this show is that, like Roseanne and All In The Family before it, it’s not a glamorous show. No fabulous, hot people living in cool New York Apartments that in real life they wouldn’t be able to afford, no sassy glamorous gals that together form one whole perfect woman, and no dorky, nerdy or fat men hooked or hooking up with gorgeous chicks.

Everyone is pretty much as regular average looking as Americans can be. And if you’re hot (Cheyenne, the Warehouse guy, Noah) you’re assigned pretty dismal, deal breaking qualities.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2020 5:12 PM

Of course I watch it, it has my make believe boyfriend Ben Feldman.

I remember when it premiered and thinking "What is this silly summer filler?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2020 6:24 PM

I'm just glad Ginsberg landed on his feet.

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2020 6:59 PM

Sandra is my favorite character on the show. That actress plays lovable loser so so well.

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2020 7:03 PM

Also, Kelly + Jonah > Amy + Jonah

The Halloween episode with Kelly coming back was hilarious ("Oh, you guys are in matching outfits!"). Amy and Jonah have zero chemistry.

Justine is one of my random faves. She is peak frau.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2020 7:12 PM

Yeah, I agree. Kelly and Jonah are a much better couple.

by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2020 7:26 PM

why the fuck isn't it out on dvd?

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2020 7:36 PM

Matteo, Glen, and Cheyenne are my top three. Although that does change depending on the episode. There's something so oddly aggravating, yet endearing, about Glen's voice...

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2020 7:37 PM

I followed my secret husband Ben Feldman to Superstore after Drop Dead Diva and never left. Amy is definitely the weak link character, but I think America exec produces, so she's making bank. It's kind of like Wings- it runs forever without any fanfare.

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2020 7:38 PM

R14 Perfect comparison with Wings. Yes, another great show that flew under the radar. I never saw it in 'real time' but watch it on late, late night cable. Great cast.

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2020 7:40 PM

I started watching this show when I learned that it used a lot of the same writers from Happy Endings. The show started out with a more bizarre/surreal bent (like when the gang discovered a dead body in the walls of the store) but that's long gone now. I still watch, though.

Now that Glenn isn't the manager, they need to get rid of him. I always found the weird voice and fat suit unnecessary and annoying.

I thought that they'd make a much bigger deal out of the ICE storyline for Mateo since it had so much potential. But they pretty much dropped it entirely and Mateo is back working at the store as if nothing happened.

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2020 7:44 PM

R16 I'm just catching up in syndication so I didn't/don't know that Glenn isn't the manager anymore. I like his character although he has the voice of a 13 year old boy who is going through puberty. I also get a kick out of the Indian (maybe Pakistani?) checkout clerk. Small part but he makes the most of it.

by Anonymousreply 17February 21, 2020 7:50 PM

I didn't like Wings when I was a kid. I used to avoid it when it came on the telly. Since you guys say it's good, maybe I'll give it another try. I'm sure I'll see it differently now that I'm older.

by Anonymousreply 18February 21, 2020 7:50 PM

R18 I understand. The two main characters - the brothers - are kind of douchy BUT the supporting cast is great. Give it a chance.

by Anonymousreply 19February 21, 2020 7:53 PM

[quote]I also get a kick out of the Indian (maybe Pakistani?) checkout clerk.

Sayid is Syrian.

by Anonymousreply 20February 21, 2020 7:59 PM

I watched a couple episodes but couldn’t get into it. For one, I couldn’t understand why the male lead character is working at a Walmart, why isn’t he in college or working somewhere better?

by Anonymousreply 21February 21, 2020 8:01 PM

R20 Oh for godsake! Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 22February 21, 2020 8:04 PM

Jonah is trying to find himself which is why he's working at Cloud 9. I think he was in law school or something and got burned out and dropped out. He got in his car and started driving west and landed at Cloud 9 and never left. I think he's supposed to be one of those well-bred, upper middle class guys who can't handle all of the expectations of that life.

by Anonymousreply 23February 21, 2020 8:06 PM

R21 Wow. I have at least 4 or 5 of those 'college' types working at my Walmart. All that says to me is that 1)they have some obscure degree or 2)it's a tight job market for them. There's no way every college graduate gets a job in their field straight out of college. God bless 'em for taking work where they find it.

by Anonymousreply 24February 21, 2020 8:07 PM

Love Superstore! Can we make this the official thread and post about the show on Thursdays?

Lauren Ash should've at least been nominated for an Emmy by now! Don't know why NBC shilled W&G so much; Superstore, Brooklyn 99, The Good Place, and even Perfect Harmony are/were superior comedies. (IMO)

by Anonymousreply 25February 21, 2020 8:21 PM

Did it get better after the pilot? I quit after that because it was trying too hard to be goofy. The fat female shooting rifles in the store, if I recall. Yeah, hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 26February 21, 2020 8:26 PM

Enjoy my HPV, op.

by Anonymousreply 27February 21, 2020 8:27 PM

Recently saw a presentation about the bifurcation of American consumers.

This show was exhibit A--speaker's point was that it was funny and charming but because it was on NBC and not HBO or Netflix, it was not on the radar of the coastal elites and had not gotten any love at award shows etc.

by Anonymousreply 28February 21, 2020 8:29 PM

If you run across Trollied on a streaming service or PBS, you should check it out. It is a British comedy that aired on SKY. It is very much like Superstore, I guess Superstore was "inspired" by it, since it came first. It aired, in the USA, on NBC's defunct Seeso service, I hope they put it on Peacock.

by Anonymousreply 29February 21, 2020 8:42 PM

It didn't get any love at awards shows because (A) it's not funny and (B) it sucks. And it would be that way if it showed on NBC, Netflix, HBO or Donald J. Trump's fat white ass.

by Anonymousreply 30February 21, 2020 8:53 PM

The guy who plays Garrett is so sexy. I’m pretty sure that he doesn’t need a wheelchair IRL though.

More sexy: the guy who plays Amy’s brother/Mateo’s boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 31February 21, 2020 9:00 PM

The early seasons have a lot more of these funny interstitial scenes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 21, 2020 9:02 PM

I was a big Ugly Betty fan - not quite as big of a fan of this show BUT I have enjoyed it every time I've seen it.

I need to catch up, though - I think I saw the first two seasons and then NBC and/or the NBC app made it hard to watch (not available yet, on a different night).

by Anonymousreply 33February 21, 2020 9:05 PM

And Ben Feldman *sigh*

It reminds me of a very vivid sex dream I had where his tight, wiry body was on top of me......

by Anonymousreply 34February 21, 2020 9:07 PM

R12, it IS on dvd.

by Anonymousreply 35February 21, 2020 9:08 PM

I also have a huge crush on Jonah

by Anonymousreply 36February 21, 2020 9:36 PM

Jonah's such a nerd. Dopey Marcus is the only eyecandy on that show ♥

by Anonymousreply 37February 21, 2020 9:51 PM

But are Rachel and Mac back together again? Is Rachel still blind??

by Anonymousreply 38February 22, 2020 12:44 AM

[quote]I can't understand why no one's talked about it here on DL before.

I can't believe you don't know how to do a search.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 22, 2020 1:08 AM

We even discussed DL fave Chrissy Metz's guest appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 22, 2020 1:09 AM

Going back to 2016 ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 22, 2020 1:10 AM

Is it funny like The Windsors (ha-ha funny) or is it funny like Schitt's Creek (tiresome one-note funny)?

by Anonymousreply 42February 22, 2020 1:10 AM

And a Ben Feldman-specific thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 22, 2020 1:11 AM

They keep trying to make Ferrera a lead on shows, but she always gets overshadowed by the supporting cast. She doesn’t have what it takes to carry a show.

by Anonymousreply 44February 22, 2020 1:14 AM

I'm a latecomer to Superstore - I only started watching recently, but it's a very funny show. A nice half-hour sitcom to watch at night to unwind.

by Anonymousreply 45February 22, 2020 3:10 AM

It really is wonderful. They somehow do it right. They make really good points about our shitty economy, our shitty politics, our shitty culture, our shitty world, and somehow, make it all not shitty and really, truly fun and funny.

by Anonymousreply 46February 22, 2020 3:15 AM

actually, I love that it turned into an ensemble r44. The whole Star System is generally bullshit, and it's nice when it fails.

by Anonymousreply 47February 22, 2020 3:18 AM

Like the above poster said, the cast looks like real people you'd actually see in a Wal Mart. They're not Hollywood pretty pretending to be flyover.

by Anonymousreply 48February 22, 2020 3:21 AM

yup, and that r48. It really is one of the smartest shows on TV. It's really, in its weird quiet way, amazing.

by Anonymousreply 49February 22, 2020 3:24 AM

Lauren Ash is a great comedic actress. Her facial expressions alone make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 50February 22, 2020 3:28 AM

Honest question: is this entire thread posted by one person responding to himself?

by Anonymousreply 51February 22, 2020 3:37 AM

nope

by Anonymousreply 52February 22, 2020 3:38 AM

I love America in this. She has her funny moments but she is basically the straight woman in a room of crazy, like Mary Tyler Moore.

The set is amazing. It's on a soundstage at Universal Studios.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 22, 2020 3:48 AM

R51

No, I’m like most people who only discovered the show recently.

It’s not perfect but DAMN! if it doesn’t have at least one WTF/LOL moment in every episode.

Sometimes it’s a simple joke that pays off with a 10 second punch line at the end.

by Anonymousreply 54February 22, 2020 3:49 AM

I've only posted twice. I just love the show. Agree that if it were on Netflix it would get a lot more attention. Big Three network shows just don't get the attention that they used to.

by Anonymousreply 55February 22, 2020 4:06 AM

even the dumb jokes r54. On one of the halloween shows, somebody in a stupid ghost costume was trying to get the automatic doors to open and they wouldn't. I just love how they don't mind going for the stupid joke in the background.

by Anonymousreply 56February 22, 2020 4:10 AM

I love the show. It’s a very gentle look at how corporations are screwing working people and the underlying desperation of the characters living paycheck to paycheck, like most people. It really deserves more awards and recognition. Very underrated.

by Anonymousreply 57February 22, 2020 4:46 AM

One of the few shows that is laugh out loud funny.

by Anonymousreply 58February 22, 2020 5:34 AM

No laugh track. Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 59February 22, 2020 6:36 PM

Jon Barinholtz brother Ike

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 22, 2020 7:31 PM

The quick vignettes of the Cloud 9 shoppers doing bizarre things are always hilarious. Bonus points when they play Cameo's "Word Up" as the background music.

by Anonymousreply 61February 22, 2020 7:45 PM

Who keeps referring to it as syndication? It’s only aired 91 episodes so far, well short of syndication requirements. Are you maybe watching it on Hulu or NBC app or something?

by Anonymousreply 62February 22, 2020 7:59 PM

[quote]Who keeps referring to it as syndication? It’s only aired 91 episodes so far, well short of syndication requirements. Are you maybe watching it on Hulu or NBC app or something?

Freeform is running it in the mornings with multiple episodes.

by Anonymousreply 63February 22, 2020 9:04 PM

[quote]I understand. The two main characters - the brothers - are kind of douchy BUT the supporting cast is great. Give it a chance.

Fun fact: the fat guy on Wings was in the same class at Juilliard as Patti LuPone.

by Anonymousreply 64February 22, 2020 9:12 PM

I’m glad other people have discovered Superstore! I’m not a sitcom guy, but I absolutely love Superstore. One of the few shows I look forward to watching the new episodes as they post on Hulu. A truly funny ensemble comedy.

by Anonymousreply 65February 22, 2020 9:18 PM

It’s one of the few shows on mainstream TV that I watch and in real time too.

by Anonymousreply 66February 22, 2020 10:16 PM

R62 That's me, OP, talking syndication. I'm watching it on Freeform (I think that's the name of it), a cable station. So maybe it's not syndicated, it's just repeating? The episodes are all early episodes which made me think it was being syndicated plus I was unaware it's still showing in real time.

by Anonymousreply 67February 22, 2020 10:29 PM

They’re up to almost a hundred episodes and it’s already been renewed by NBC for another season so it could easily already be in syndication. But I’m surprised it’s on Freeform since that’s a Disney/ABC company.

by Anonymousreply 68February 22, 2020 10:42 PM

The show is consistently funny. Like the above poster, I'm not normally as sitcom guy but this show is gold. I watched the "racism" episode from season one last night and was howling. That's one of the best eps.

by Anonymousreply 69February 23, 2020 12:02 AM

I only discovered “Superstore” in the last year or so, and I really enjoy it, too! And the racism episode mentioned by R69 is indeed hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 70February 24, 2020 11:59 AM

Great news was so much better:/ nbc cancelled the wrong show.

by Anonymousreply 71February 24, 2020 12:04 PM

[Quote] I don't think it's running in real time and I have no idea when it ran originally

71 posts in and nobody has informed OP that this show is still running in real time on NBC Thursdays at 8/7C . It was recently renewed for a sixth season. It is a gem. I like Cheyenne. Felt sorry for the old lady who played Margo. She died last year.

by Anonymousreply 72February 24, 2020 12:44 PM

Myrtle not Margo

by Anonymousreply 73February 24, 2020 12:46 PM

I love Cheyenne’s husband, Bo.

He’s a very minor character but steals every scene he’s in.

by Anonymousreply 74February 24, 2020 12:56 PM

My favorite Bo scene was at his wedding. The character usually speaks like an rapper using slang, etc. But there was a scene at his wedding when he was around his relatives, he was speaking the Queen's English. It was very funny.

by Anonymousreply 75February 24, 2020 1:00 PM

I love that he bought the engagement ring from Cloud 9 in the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 76February 24, 2020 1:09 PM

This thread makes me happy. I worked on the show for the first few seasons. It’s a great group of people over there.

by Anonymousreply 77February 24, 2020 1:22 PM

The background characters are so great and look like they would really work in a Walmart. Justine, Carol, Janet, Sayid, Marcus, and Elias. But the show also gives an interesting picture of how awful and dead end it is to work in a store like that.

by Anonymousreply 78February 24, 2020 1:27 PM

I love Amy's ex husband. He's hotter than her current boo Jonah

by Anonymousreply 79February 24, 2020 1:42 PM

I am currently in St. Louis and hilariously discovered that Mark McKinney is doing a spot-on imitation of a local PI attorney who does these so-bad-you-can't-look-away "On the Road" videos with two of his partners and his mother (I believe). That voice exists in a real person, y'all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80February 24, 2020 1:43 PM

If this show were on Netflix, it would've had award nominations. Lauren Ash is insanely good.

by Anonymousreply 81February 24, 2020 9:01 PM

Ash is great...but almost every actor is great. They truly inhabit real characters, even Amy.

The talent on this show is off the charts. I’m so glad other people enjoy this show as much as I do.

by Anonymousreply 82February 25, 2020 12:34 AM

This is the only sitcom I watch, and I love it. Dina's my favorite (I was so glad to see the actress again after that Rebel Wilson sitcom got cancelled).

by Anonymousreply 83February 25, 2020 12:47 AM

They made Ben Feldman look so homely on Mad Men, it wasn't until Superstore that I realized how attractive he really is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84February 25, 2020 12:56 AM

I have a huge crush on Jonah - the character reminds me so much of an old co-worker I also crushed on. Apparently I’m a sucker for woke straight guys.

by Anonymousreply 85February 25, 2020 1:42 AM

Just watched the Black Friday episode where everyone gets food poisoning from the breakfast they all ate before the doors opened. Laugh out loud funny.

by Anonymousreply 86February 25, 2020 11:32 AM

I could barely breathe from laughing so hard at the Halloween episode where they found Creepy Sal's body (dead for an entire year) trapped in the wall next to the ladies' room (he'd been drilling a peephole). That episode also had Dina in her "sexy cop" costume. It was absolutely hysterical.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 25, 2020 3:22 PM

I can't stop staring at Dina's enormous breasts... Amy.

by Anonymousreply 88February 25, 2020 4:17 PM

I like it when occasionally in their morning meetings, the entire cast except for Amy, Jonah, and Glen go off on wild goose tangents.

by Anonymousreply 89February 25, 2020 10:22 PM

[Quote] go off on wild goose tangents.

Sometimes literally lol

by Anonymousreply 90February 25, 2020 10:42 PM

You can get a Cloud 9 T-shirt at Amazon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91February 26, 2020 3:08 AM

You can get a Cloud 9 T-shirt at Amazon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92February 26, 2020 3:08 AM

I'm one of those that avoids sitcoms, but Superstore makes me LOL. Sometimes it is the subtly. You are watching something and yet there is something in the background. Humor is an intelligent persons playground.

by Anonymousreply 93February 26, 2020 3:26 AM

[quote] Sometimes it is the subtly.

It’s the what now?

by Anonymousreply 94February 26, 2020 11:31 AM

If you drive down Barham Blvd. between Burbank and the 101, you can see the building they use for exteriors. It does look like a real store (albeit smaller.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 26, 2020 2:28 PM

Sonofabitch, r95!

Can you make me any more envious?

Man how I would love to live in California.

by Anonymousreply 96February 26, 2020 2:39 PM

They did a good job of showing in a humorous way the low wage workers being shiftless, except for the college educated Jonah.

by Anonymousreply 97February 26, 2020 7:34 PM

Someone earlier on this past asked about which cable network was showing the older episodes. It's on FreeForm, four episodes in a row in the early morning. Be careful because after the last episode, the next show is The 700 Club. It seems so strange to have Superstore 'opening' for The 700 Club since Superstore can be pretty outrageous at times!

by Anonymousreply 98February 26, 2020 7:39 PM

Let's Talk About Amy and Jonah's Sex Tape

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99February 26, 2020 9:25 PM

I want Ben Feldman inside me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 100February 26, 2020 9:32 PM

R98 Freeform has been surrounding The 700 Club with "inappropriate" shows for years in hope that Pat Robertson will give in and leave the network, so that he won't be associated with such things.

by Anonymousreply 101February 26, 2020 11:54 PM

They don't have to run his program R101.

by Anonymousreply 102February 27, 2020 12:00 AM

R102 Actually they do. He originally owned the network and when he sold it, he included a clause that the channel must continue to air his program, regardless of how many times the network is sold.

by Anonymousreply 103February 27, 2020 12:10 AM

They need to surround it with RuPaul's Drag Race

by Anonymousreply 104February 27, 2020 12:16 AM

R104 Honestly, I think the policy has backfired. The more outrageous the content gets on the channel, the more he and his supporters feel that he must remain on the channel to bring God to the "heathens."

by Anonymousreply 105February 27, 2020 12:21 AM

Thanks for the info R103. Did he stipulate the times it must run? Can they put him on at 2am?

by Anonymousreply 106February 27, 2020 12:25 AM

Not sure if the times were stipulated, but I suspect they were. Robertson is actually an attorney and a very shrewd businessman. They have to continue to air The 700 Club twice a day and a 24 hour telethon at the end of January.

by Anonymousreply 107February 27, 2020 12:33 AM

R106 They can’t bury it at 2:00 AM, this article explains all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 27, 2020 12:36 AM

Thanks R107/R108

by Anonymousreply 109February 27, 2020 12:42 AM

R93

Third rock from the sun was very similar. The surface was slapstick, but the underlying comedy was wonderfully human, and humanistic.

by Anonymousreply 110February 27, 2020 2:01 AM

That sex harassment/confession scene was one of the best moments for everyone.

“NOICE!”

“I will not high five you on another man’s orgasm”

So inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 111February 27, 2020 2:09 AM

I tried watching this show twice but like every other NBC comedy I can’t even force a smile. This must be for the 70+ crowd. Actually that matches the demo they do overnight.

by Anonymousreply 112February 27, 2020 2:35 AM

Last night hot warehouse guy nodded when blonde frau asked all men present in the scene if they peeked at the urinals.

It was a very subtle throwaway moment that I replayed a few times after catching it. HAWT!

by Anonymousreply 113February 27, 2020 7:27 AM

Glenn...Do I have a funny voice?

Dina...Of course it's preposterous.

by Anonymousreply 114February 27, 2020 12:53 PM

Someone who is "shiftless" is characterized by laziness, indolence, and a lack of ambition.

If you actually watch the show without an agenda, you'll realize that plenty of the characters are not shiftless, not just Jonah. But I don't really have to point that out since everyone knows that already.

by Anonymousreply 115February 27, 2020 1:07 PM

R115 I agree. The poster who talked about 'shiftless employees' obviously had no idea what he was watching! Each of these characters is aiming for something...God knows what!...but their humanity comes through in each performance. Not one of them portrays their character as 'shiftless.'

by Anonymousreply 116February 27, 2020 1:16 PM

"I went to the movie SAW thinking it was about carpentry. I threw up in my lap."

by Anonymousreply 117February 27, 2020 1:22 PM

Anyone else notice that Amy is always wearing a nametag bearing any other name but AMY?

by Anonymousreply 118February 27, 2020 1:30 PM

Yes and that is what I mean about sight gags.

by Anonymousreply 119February 27, 2020 1:42 PM

R119 here. Meant that for R118

by Anonymousreply 120February 27, 2020 1:43 PM

Yes, r118.

Literally since S1 E1 she’s been doing that. I thought they were going to give that line up, but I’m glad they didn’t because now I look to see what her “name” is each week.

by Anonymousreply 121February 27, 2020 4:00 PM

R117

God that line delivery was perfect. The horrified look on his face was hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 122February 28, 2020 4:40 AM

#1 America Ferrera should get more credit as the comedic straight (wo)man, much like MTM or Johnny Carson. Her value to this show is letting the other characters shine off of her.

#2 The writing is brilliant. Not a minute goes by without an 'under-the-breath-chuckle'...PLUS it's rare not to have a couple laugh out loud scenes.

#3 This show proves that 'award shows' are worth nothing. Never nominated? So you guys refused to fuck someone to win an Emmy or a GG? I'm sorry you didn't win any awards but thank God you've still got your talent and reputations intact.

by Anonymousreply 123February 28, 2020 7:56 PM

America F is QUITTING the show~!

by Anonymousreply 124February 28, 2020 8:26 PM

That's a shock R124.

by Anonymousreply 125February 28, 2020 8:30 PM

She's having her second child in 2 years, probably makes it difficult to keep up the whole Jonah/Amy are so in love story.

by Anonymousreply 126February 28, 2020 8:32 PM

Amy told Jonah in the first episode that she doesn't want to customers calling her by her real name, hence the different nametag every episode.

by Anonymousreply 127February 28, 2020 8:35 PM

America Ferrera leaves Superstore

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128February 28, 2020 8:59 PM

That's disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 129February 28, 2020 9:06 PM

Someone should comfort Ben Feldman.

I volunteer!

by Anonymousreply 130February 28, 2020 9:07 PM

Oh man, I hope they don’t use her leaving as an excuse to cancel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 28, 2020 9:07 PM

She’s fine on the show but America won’t be missed. Her character is pretty boring.

Maybe it’ll be another Cheers situation where the producers bring in a Rebecca type to replace the outgoing Diane type. Maybe they can hire the blonde from Big Bang Theory, she looks like a store manager and she needs a job.

by Anonymousreply 132February 28, 2020 9:09 PM

She grounded the show. Such a shame.

See, we started talking about the show too much, and we jinxed it.

by Anonymousreply 133February 28, 2020 10:03 PM

It's already renewed for next season

by Anonymousreply 134February 28, 2020 11:00 PM

Interesting, I wonder if they brought in Justina Machado as a guest star this season as one of her superiors, who is kind of fucking up, to have her made store manager as a punishment and create tension with the staff? There seemed to be something very calculating in her being on the show, and there would be outcry if her replacement wasn’t Latinx.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 28, 2020 11:10 PM

Elisabeth Moss is the obvious choice.

by Anonymousreply 136February 28, 2020 11:12 PM

R136 In her Handmaid outfit?

by Anonymousreply 137February 28, 2020 11:15 PM

Lizzie Moss is such a fucking sourpuss. I can't imagine her doing comedy.

by Anonymousreply 138February 28, 2020 11:21 PM

Superstore can survive with America leaving. Now if Lauren Ash left it would really hurt things.

by Anonymousreply 139February 28, 2020 11:25 PM

Maybe the lady from Zephra, Cloud 9's new owner who visited during yesterday's episode, thinks Amy is doing such a great job, they offer her a new job with Zephra, which she takes. That would give Amy a proper send off.

by Anonymousreply 140February 28, 2020 11:30 PM

I kind of hope they make it a very special episode and something tragic happens to Amy.

by Anonymousreply 141February 28, 2020 11:32 PM

I think you’re on to something R135. That could make sense.

I wish they’d bring back Eliza Coupe (she was a corporate goon who banged Jonah in S1). Always liked her in Happy Endings.

by Anonymousreply 142February 29, 2020 12:01 AM

One thing that doesn’t ring true is those all staff staff meetings, I can’t see a Target or Walmart having a weekly (daily?) meeting where most of the associates are attending. And are they having them in the morning, or how do the shifts work in this store?

by Anonymousreply 143February 29, 2020 12:37 AM

[quote] Maybe they can hire the blonde from Big Bang Theory, she looks like a store manager and she needs a job.

She's richer than God. She'll never need another job even if she lives to be 500.

by Anonymousreply 144February 29, 2020 2:18 AM

[quote] there would be outcry if her replacement wasn’t Latinx.

*eyeroll*

by Anonymousreply 145February 29, 2020 10:55 AM

R143, that’s something we have to chalk up to a sitcom. I’ve often thought the same thing, just like it seems they’re always working opening to closing. Most of these stores are open 16-17 hours a day.

Just a couple of weeks ago with Dina and the guy who returns items, they had her walking out at the end of the day and the lights went out in the store as though they were closing.

by Anonymousreply 146February 29, 2020 10:58 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147February 29, 2020 1:12 PM

I bet the union organizing will come to light and they’ll fire her. Jonah will take over her job and that will end his academic ambition, they’ll bring in rotating love interests until they can cast someone good.

Whatever happens, sad to see America Ferreira go. She’s a great straight woman.

by Anonymousreply 148February 29, 2020 1:50 PM

There was an episode this season (I think) in which Marcus - the hot warehouse guy - is living in the store. He sets up a studio apartment in some hidden space between departments. He's shown in his boxers. Another episode has Cheyenne giving him a tattoo and he's shirtless. She totally screws up the tattoo and it's hysterical!

None that I recall of Jonah shirtless. He's such a cutie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149February 29, 2020 1:50 PM

Oh, there's also the male stripper at the baby shower He has terrible white man rhythm and his underwear actually looks like a diaper, but he's quite lean and ripped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150February 29, 2020 1:53 PM

[quote] Jonah will take over her job and that will end his academic ambition

I think Glenn will go back to being the store manager. I think his academic ambition is over with already.

by Anonymousreply 151February 29, 2020 1:55 PM

There was en episode where Jonah was changing in the men’s room and he had his shirt off. So adorkable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152February 29, 2020 2:00 PM

Hmmm. Jonah usually looks thin/toned, but he looks a little thick here.

by Anonymousreply 153February 29, 2020 2:33 PM

R153 is deranged

by Anonymousreply 154February 29, 2020 3:31 PM

Surprised America got a five year contract. Usually they are seven years.

by Anonymousreply 155February 29, 2020 3:37 PM

Kill Amy off. Have her ex husband come in and shoot up the place, and take her and a couple of day players out. Too dark?

by Anonymousreply 156February 29, 2020 3:55 PM

Maybe just a touch.

by Anonymousreply 157February 29, 2020 3:56 PM

I love Laurie, that actress does uncaring, condescending corporate bitch so well.

I've worked with several real-life Lauries and it's a spot-on portrayal.

by Anonymousreply 158March 1, 2020 1:43 AM

Sad to hear about America leaving. She was a great straight man and I'll miss her. I guess since she's pregnant with baby #2, she probably wants to spend more time with her family.

by Anonymousreply 159March 1, 2020 1:45 AM

America is the weak link in the show. She will be easy to replace. They should bring in a manager character who tries to get some work out of the employees.

by Anonymousreply 160March 1, 2020 8:06 AM

America was up for the lead in the show written by my next door neighbor in which she would have played a first generation college professor. It was both comedy and drama about the nonsense and post-secondary education seen through the eyes of a Latina who was raised to think getting a Ph.D made you a god / goddess. Great promise and America would have been smart enough to have been able to pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 161March 1, 2020 8:39 AM

‘Superstore’ Actress Lauren Ash Reacts To America Ferrera Exit: “It’s Heartbreaking”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162March 1, 2020 9:27 AM

I've never understood actors walking away from a successful show that, given syndication residuals, could support them financially the rest of their lives. It seems as if many end up returning or eek out an existence working on sub-par projects.

God Bless America.

by Anonymousreply 163March 1, 2020 11:33 AM

[quote] I love Laurie,

Who?

by Anonymousreply 164March 1, 2020 11:34 AM

I’m with you, r163. I don’t get it either.

by Anonymousreply 165March 1, 2020 11:35 AM

[quote] I've never understood actors walking away from a successful show that, given syndication residuals, could support them financially the rest of their lives. It seems as if many end up returning or eek out an existence working on sub-par projects.

Because play acting and getting paid oodles of money can just be so exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 166March 1, 2020 12:18 PM

I initially started watching this show because it had the handsome Ben Feldman, but found it was actually a pretty good comedy.

Jon Barinholtz is also pretty hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167March 1, 2020 12:25 PM

I don’t get the love for the Barinholtz boys, they both seem like escapees from the short bus.

by Anonymousreply 168March 1, 2020 12:46 PM

R161 so who DID get the lead in it?

by Anonymousreply 169March 1, 2020 12:50 PM

America is an EP of the show so she'll continue to get paid while she sits at home

by Anonymousreply 170March 1, 2020 2:04 PM

Lauren Ash is the one who really makes the show.

by Anonymousreply 171March 1, 2020 2:44 PM

R153 she's leaving before the end of her contract

by Anonymousreply 172March 1, 2020 2:58 PM

^ meant r155

by Anonymousreply 173March 1, 2020 2:59 PM

[quote]It seems as if many end up returning or eek out an existence…

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 174March 1, 2020 5:50 PM

It's crazy to me how unattractive Lauren Ash looks in her costume of ill-fitting khaki pants. She must have zero vanity. Or maybe she just cries into her pillow every night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175March 2, 2020 3:27 PM

Yeah, they really ugly her up on Superstore. She's quite pretty IRL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176March 2, 2020 3:53 PM

Yeah she is real actress and embraces the character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177March 2, 2020 3:58 PM

Lauren Ash = Plus-sized Jodie Foster.

by Anonymousreply 178March 2, 2020 4:41 PM

Slightly OT, but I recently watched the ep. with Chrissy Metz as a guest star. It's the only time I've ever seen her act, I've never watched that frau porn show she's on. I was distracted by her weight the entire time, I couldn't even concentrate on her performance. Holy shit is she enormous! I had to go back and watch the episode a few days later because I missed so much the first time around due to staring at Chrissy Metz in horror.

by Anonymousreply 179March 2, 2020 5:02 PM

R175 Yeah, that’s why America is always “Lauren, come stand by me!” During those press shots for the show.

by Anonymousreply 180March 2, 2020 9:09 PM

I'm glad there's so much love for this show.

My new favorite Sandra line from the last episode, describing Jonah and a customer flirting with each other, she describes them as [italic]turning each other's cranks[/italic]. Her delivery is so good.

by Anonymousreply 181March 3, 2020 2:44 AM

I love Sandra! Haven't we all known a Sandra at some time in our lives? The actress is very good.

by Anonymousreply 182March 3, 2020 2:45 AM

The one character I can't stand is Cheyenne. I know there are many of you that like that character, but I can't stand the high pitched whiny character.

by Anonymousreply 183March 3, 2020 2:51 AM

Did you really have to bring your obsession with Chrissy Metz to yet another thread? Does posting hateful things about her make your tiny pecker tingle?

Get a fucking life.

by Anonymousreply 184March 3, 2020 2:53 AM

I actually think the network having to bleep the swear words makes the show funnier.

Lauren's delivery is always hysterical.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185March 3, 2020 3:02 AM

r184 I just watched the Chrissy Metz episode a few days ago, I didn't know that she was a "thing" here, I had never seen her before. Just adding a comment. Jesus, calm down.

by Anonymousreply 186March 3, 2020 3:06 AM

The vet in the video at r185 said he wasn't gay, but he didn't directly answer the question about all the dudes he meets on message boards and then brings home to bone.

by Anonymousreply 187March 3, 2020 3:10 AM

That's a funny clip, I love Dina.

by Anonymousreply 188March 3, 2020 3:14 AM

I think I've seen every episode since we DVR the show, and I don't recall Chrissy Metz in an episode. Was it a forgettable guest spot?

by Anonymousreply 189March 3, 2020 3:15 AM

For you R189

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190March 3, 2020 3:17 AM

Thanks, R190. I did see it, didn't know that was her, and didn't remember her appearance. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 191March 3, 2020 3:37 AM

Was she playing her This Is Us character?

by Anonymousreply 192March 3, 2020 11:19 AM

How did anyone not see Chrissy? It would be like a magician making an elephant disappear.

by Anonymousreply 193March 3, 2020 5:25 PM

Bloopers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194March 7, 2020 7:06 PM

Easily my favorite sitcom on TV. My best friend, who also loves it, will text me when it's on and we laugh at the segue scenes. Where someone steals something or just does something weird. We both did our time in retail back in the day and whoever writes this? They so got it right!

Dina and Sandra are my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 195March 7, 2020 7:10 PM

The show is like “Scrubs,” in the sense that it’s a long-running, under-appreciated, somewhat clever, laugh track-free sitcom with some notable never-nominated performances.

by Anonymousreply 196March 12, 2020 12:06 PM

America leaves and this thread dies.

by Anonymousreply 197March 12, 2020 12:39 PM

BTW, just like the overly macho and very hot surgeon in Scrubs, Marcus will be the character to come out as bi. He’s already given indications of a severe bro crush on Jonah (“lucky girl!” when the latter describes whom he lost his virginity to, wakes up naked to show dong for him, etc) and admitted to peeking in men’s urinals.

And to please those with more obsolete views on same sex attraction, he has a very bizarre inappropriate relationship with his mom.

by Anonymousreply 198March 12, 2020 11:46 PM

The hottest characters are Amy's husband Adam and her boyfriend Jonah

by Anonymousreply 199March 12, 2020 11:55 PM

Oh, Amy got a call from corporate about a customer service job in Palo Alto. The seeds of her leaving have been planted.

by Anonymousreply 200April 3, 2020 1:47 PM

Yeah but Jonah has no ties and would go with her....

by Anonymousreply 201April 3, 2020 3:12 PM

That's exactly what I thought R201. Why would Jonah stay at that store if Amy's not there?

by Anonymousreply 202April 17, 2020 9:32 AM

Tried to watch it. Hated it. For some reason, I just can't stand America Ferrera. And, I find that pale, dark-haired guy in the other lead role completely unappealing in every way.

by Anonymousreply 203April 17, 2020 9:41 AM

Thank you R203, we've been waiting 200 posts for your opinion.

by Anonymousreply 204April 17, 2020 10:56 AM

[quote] That's exactly what I thought [R201]. Why would Jonah stay at that store if Amy's not there?

Especially since she’ll be making about 150k (she already makes 119k).

by Anonymousreply 205April 17, 2020 12:06 PM

Unless they make him manager.

by Anonymousreply 206April 17, 2020 1:13 PM

America is very pregnant, sitting at a desk, standing behind big handbag....

by Anonymousreply 207April 24, 2020 1:02 AM

That was a poignant ending.

by Anonymousreply 208April 24, 2020 3:58 AM

So yesterday he committed to moving on with her. Any guesses on how that will play out?

by Anonymousreply 209April 24, 2020 7:29 AM

[quote]That was a poignant ending.

But it wasn't the ending. The ending is next week.

by Anonymousreply 210April 24, 2020 8:22 AM

They offer him manager and they agree to long distance to start? Maybe, I have zero idea.

by Anonymousreply 211April 24, 2020 9:03 AM

[quote]But it wasn't the ending. The ending is next week.

Nope, they didn't get to film it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212April 24, 2020 9:33 AM

I caught the tail end of an episode, where the gay Asian guy and another guy agreed to date, what episode is that from, I would like to watch the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 213April 24, 2020 2:01 PM

I think I’m going to start the series from the beginning, anything to look out for?

by Anonymousreply 214May 2, 2020 12:26 AM

I think the first season is the funniest, but then I'm always partial to the pilot seasons when it comes to sitcoms.

by Anonymousreply 215May 2, 2020 12:37 AM

I’m so glad they’re using Bo just a little more. He’s a scene stealer.

“We just tryin to get turnt.”

by Anonymousreply 216May 9, 2020 11:24 PM

I was shocked to love this. It's like The Office but at Walmart. At first I was surprised to see a bigger star like America Ferrara, thinking her career was tanked, but it's been a big success. I can see why she took the role.

by Anonymousreply 217May 9, 2020 11:38 PM

R32 Thank you! What a great post...I love those fleeting interstitials.

by Anonymousreply 218May 10, 2020 12:06 AM

I'm late to this thread, but I have loved this show since he beginning, and I'm so sad that America is leaving. The Office never really recovered from Steve Carell leaving, and I suspect that will be the case with Superstore.

Watching the blooper reel above it was startling to hear Glenn with a normal voice. I know his high-pitched voice annoys a lot of people, but I think it's perfect for the character.

I love almost every scene with Carol. We have all known an employee like her.

The show often has laugh-out-loud moments for me, and two of them involved Glenn. The first was during the first season where Glenn was being interviewed for a corporate newsletter. His tongue-tied response to the reporter along with clueless flirting was hilarious. At one point, he called her a "pretty kitty," much to everyone's disgust. The other funny moment that comes to mind is when Jonah's parents come to visit the store, but Jonah doesn't want them to know that he's working there. Glenn is about to blurt out the info, so Amy hits him in the head with something. Glenn's reaction and cry of pain was priceless.

Finally, I loved Myrtle!

by Anonymousreply 219May 13, 2020 7:33 PM

This is one of my favorites, and I've watched all episodes now three or fours times. Cheyenne giving Marcus the tattoo was hilarious. When Glenn is talking to the union-buster and keeps saying the same name over and over, and when Jonah's mother find out her works at the store and keeps doing those high-pitched OOOhs and whines is so blasted funny.

by Anonymousreply 220May 13, 2020 11:28 PM

I gave it a try, but O like the UK origin. (Trollied) much more.

by Anonymousreply 221May 13, 2020 11:39 PM

I want to lick every inch of Ben Feldman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222May 14, 2020 10:56 PM

I like casual Ben. He got all the trivia questions about his own show wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 20, 2020 12:57 AM

Actress who plays Cheyenne got her trivia questions mostly right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224May 20, 2020 12:58 AM

More stereotypical flamboyant gay stock characters. So novel and progressive....

by Anonymousreply 225May 20, 2020 1:29 AM

I've never met a gay Filipino man who wasn't a flamboyant flaming queen.

by Anonymousreply 226May 20, 2020 2:11 AM

[quote]I've never met a gay Filipino man who wasn't a flamboyant flaming queen.

I stand corrected then. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 227May 20, 2020 3:57 AM

New season starting! They're all coping with masks and social distancing in the store.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 24, 2020 5:07 AM

Is Amy/America coming back for a few episodes to say goodbye, or is she gone now? And what’s her percentage of the show and how much will she make now without even having to show up?

by Anonymousreply 229October 24, 2020 5:16 AM

She's going to be in the season premiere, at least.

by Anonymousreply 230October 24, 2020 5:17 AM

I watched it once, it was horrible. Everyone else I know who's watched it (very few) have the same consensus. It is not an anchoring show, it is a mediocre final slot show at best. And with W&G going off the rails after the first season back, it's no wonder the lineup tanked.

by Anonymousreply 231October 24, 2020 5:22 AM

r231 you and your friends must have no sense of humor, it's a very funny show.

by Anonymousreply 232October 24, 2020 5:26 AM

Thank you, OP. I have never heard of this show and just watched episode 1 on Amazon and loved it.

by Anonymousreply 233October 24, 2020 5:41 AM

So pissed they took reruns off of TBS. Haven't been able to find it since.

by Anonymousreply 234October 24, 2020 5:56 AM

I may have missed this upthread, but has America said why she is leaving the show?

by Anonymousreply 235October 24, 2020 9:20 AM

Apparently she hasn’t given any specific reason for leaving. And according to this story on Distractify, the show is a hit:

“What shocked fans about America's announcement (besides the fact that she's the main character and runs the show), is that Superstore is actually one of NBC's highest-performing shows. According to Deadline, Superstore averages a 1.1 rating among adults between the ages of 18 to 49, and gets 3.8 million viewers in Live+7 Day Nielsen's (which is considered really, really good). The season premiere skyrocketed to a 3.4 rating, with 7.5 million viewers across all platforms.

Deadline reports that Superstore "continued to rank as one of NBC's strongest digital performers, generating 50 percent of its Live+35 day 19-49 average this season from digital sources, tying [with] The Good Place as NBC's most digital series so far this season."

Furthermore, Superstore is the most popular streamed show on Hulu (along with Brooklyn Nine-Nine).

by Anonymousreply 236October 25, 2020 7:01 AM

"I may have missed this upthread, but has America said why she is leaving the show?"

And after God shed His grace on her. Ingrate!

by Anonymousreply 237October 25, 2020 12:38 PM

She just had another baby which I believe was the reason she gave for leaving the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238October 25, 2020 12:47 PM

Did anyone watch AF’s last episode?

by Anonymousreply 239November 6, 2020 10:11 AM

Haven’t been able to take my eyes off the election R239. Hope it was a nice send-off for her.

by Anonymousreply 240November 6, 2020 10:58 AM

I watched it, enjoyed the way it wrapped her arc up and the Amy/Jonah arc - much more realistic than most sitcoms would.

That Ben Feldman is a cutie I must add.

by Anonymousreply 241November 6, 2020 11:00 AM

I love Sandra!

by Anonymousreply 242November 6, 2020 1:08 PM

That was a very nice send off for Amy/America. I hope the show doesn’t go downhill without her. Does anyone know if a new character is joining the show?

by Anonymousreply 243November 7, 2020 12:49 AM

R243 I totally thought they were grooming that Latina executive, who I think plays the mom on One Day at a Time too, to be the new manager and foil to the rest of the store work staff.

by Anonymousreply 244November 7, 2020 12:58 AM

I loved the previous executive who would sweep in and be a condescending cunt to everyone (just like how it would be IRL). She was later busted by Amy for doing coke in the office.

by Anonymousreply 245November 7, 2020 1:00 AM

They could bring back Kelly Stables, who had a lengthy recurring role and was a love interest for Jonah a few seasons back.

by Anonymousreply 246November 7, 2020 1:01 AM

Why would Jonah continue working there if Amy is gone? Doesn't he have a master's degree or something?

by Anonymousreply 247November 7, 2020 10:51 PM

R247 He’s a sad sack who dropped out of grad school and was hiding out at Superstore to not deal with life. So no, he’ll stay on and marinate in his depression and inability to move on.

by Anonymousreply 248November 7, 2020 10:55 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249December 6, 2020 1:19 PM

Dang. They didn't even give the show a chance to adjust to life after Amy.

by Anonymousreply 250December 8, 2020 6:43 AM

[quote] Oh man, I hope they don’t use her leaving as an excuse to cancel.

Too late. I wonder if the rest of the cast hates America for quitting and getting their show cancelled. It’s like she doesn’t need the money but all of the smaller actors do and depend on this.

by Anonymousreply 251December 8, 2020 7:22 AM

NBC has announced that Superstore will conclude at the end of its current sixth season. The final 11 episodes will begin airing Thursday, Jan. 14, in a new time slot,

by Anonymousreply 252December 8, 2020 8:23 AM

The Covid episodes were terrible. The quality and the humor dropped off tremendously. It was one of my favorite shows and I think it could have easily survived without America, but it's become crap. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 253December 8, 2020 8:28 AM

[quote]no sassy glamorous gals that together form one whole perfect woman

Picture it: Miami, 1987

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254February 8, 2021 1:37 PM

I don't watch Superstore regularly, but it is a great show. If I happen to be in front of the TV on the night it's on I'll tune in, or if I'm not finding anything else on the streamers I'll divert to it. Other than the familial chemistry between the characters, the most interesting aspect of the show is the spot-on slimy depiction of upper management. Anyone who's worked in a retail setting knows that retail management, especially at the regional & district levels, is cut from the most unconscionably evil fabric. Sheer liars & manipulators who'd backstab like they'd have a sip of water, perfectly willing to throw the lowest guy on the food chain under the bus. I love how Superstore makes these people looks like the assholes they are.

by Anonymousreply 255February 8, 2021 2:09 PM

This show is hilarious, I started watching it last month on Hulu so of course now that I’m finally caught up they’ve decided to cancel it... but as great as the show is I’m not sure how I feel about a potential Cheyenne & Bo spinoff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256February 8, 2021 6:18 PM

I love Superstore, but I find the Bo character especially annoying. I can’t imagine a whole show based on that couple.

by Anonymousreply 257February 9, 2021 9:52 AM

What I like best, apart from the great leading cast, is the feud between Sandra and crazy Carol. And the new guy, Benjamin Norris as Sandra's adopted Son Tony, is pretty hot.

by Anonymousreply 258February 9, 2021 10:55 AM

While I still like the show, I think it has gone down in quality this season. Amy's presence is missed. Hate the annoying security guard that just appeared. We already have enough supporting store people fighting for airtime, we don't need anymore

by Anonymousreply 259February 9, 2021 11:55 AM

Oh, that’s how you gone do me, r259?

by Anonymousreply 260February 9, 2021 11:58 AM

My cable guide seems to think that America Ferrera is starring in the show.

by Anonymousreply 261February 9, 2021 6:31 PM

The security guard is played by Baron Vaughn, who is a regular on "Grace and Frankie" as one of Frankie and Sol's (Lily Tomlin and Sam Waterston) sons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262February 9, 2021 6:33 PM

I'm going to eat a bird now. 😂

by Anonymousreply 263February 16, 2021 2:14 PM

So sad there are just two episodes left.

by Anonymousreply 264March 17, 2021 7:44 PM

This show is still very funny. I really don't understand NBC's decision to cancel it.

by Anonymousreply 265March 19, 2021 1:56 PM

Maybe it’s expensive because it’s such a large cast?

by Anonymousreply 266March 19, 2021 9:11 PM

Amy returns for the final episode next week.

by Anonymousreply 267March 19, 2021 9:11 PM

I thought the penultimate episode was a bit of a dud. The Dave Foley storyline wasn't very funny. I would rather have seen the Carol lawsuit storyline come to some kind of conclusion. Although maybe that will happen in the hour-long finale this week.

Does anyone know WHY this show is being canceled?

by Anonymousreply 268March 22, 2021 2:27 PM

[quote]Does anyone know WHY this show is being canceled?

Who knows. It's kind of a waste for America to leave if she's coming back for the finale.

by Anonymousreply 269March 22, 2021 2:33 PM

Very late to this thread.

I started watching it on Hulu, then cancelled my Hulu subscription. I then tried to follow it on Peacock, and I forget why I lost track of it. I think it's an incredibly smart show. I do remember literally LOL at least once every episode. Someone above said it's "The Office at Walmart" spot on!

R77, that's pretty awesome and glad it was a good experience for you.

R123 I agree with your assessment.

Whether you like her not, America is a bit of a dynamo in Hollywood! She gets shit done. I love her. No controversy no "look at me" type antics.

Also, if any of you watch "Good Girls", did you notice that they buy all their supplies from Cloud 9? I think that's a subtly hilarious tie-in of 2 NBC shows.

by Anonymousreply 270March 22, 2021 2:53 PM

America’s husband is very attractive, sexy and friendly. A few years ago there was an open studio event in Brooklyn and he participated, one studio in a building of about 30.

by Anonymousreply 271March 22, 2021 3:41 PM

[quote]This show is still very funny. I really don't understand NBC's decision to cancel it.

Anna Faris left and CBS shitcanned "Mom" too. Both shows were developed around these characters. They were the leads.

by Anonymousreply 272March 22, 2021 4:13 PM

Yeah, I get that R272, but this show has an ensemble of really funny, quirky characters and the writers have done a good job of finding a new rhythm after Amy's departure (although the first couple of episodes after she left were admittedly awkward). The vast majority of sitcoms on network TV are so asinine and unfunny. Superstore is smart and hilarious. This cancellation feels premature, but I guess it wouldn't be the first show that got cancelled while it was still good.

by Anonymousreply 273March 23, 2021 12:57 PM

Stupid Peacock. You can only stream Superstore on Peacock with a premium membership. Fuck that shit!

by Anonymousreply 274March 23, 2021 2:09 PM

I love the show and will miss it. I think it was another Covid cancellation. Meaning it was too expensive to produce in the age of Covid.

by Anonymousreply 275March 23, 2021 2:13 PM

That makes sense R275.

by Anonymousreply 276March 23, 2021 2:37 PM

r269 There is only one reason ANYTHING happens in show business: M-O-N-E-Y.

by Anonymousreply 277March 23, 2021 5:12 PM

The series finale is tonight :-(

by Anonymousreply 278March 25, 2021 6:25 PM

Aw, series finale already? At least America is coming back (she made a surprise appearance in last week's episode).

Love that show.

by Anonymousreply 279March 25, 2021 6:31 PM

1 Hour series finale tonight.

by Anonymousreply 280March 25, 2021 6:55 PM

Lol, a bag of feet.

by Anonymousreply 281March 26, 2021 12:19 AM

Instead of stars on the ceiling, there should have been clouds.

by Anonymousreply 282March 26, 2021 1:03 AM

I missed the last 15 minutes of the second half! Fuck. I'm sure it will be On Demand. The last scene I saw was brilliant -- all the initial interviews!

I'm interested to know if you're happy with the conclusion...

by Anonymousreply 283March 26, 2021 1:12 AM

😢 Sad that it’s over.

by Anonymousreply 284March 26, 2021 1:21 AM

I caught this show for the first time tonight! I mean I noticed a loud, unfunny show on in the background and turned it off.

by Anonymousreply 285March 26, 2021 1:24 AM

I'm going to start from the beginning...first episode and work from there. I grew to love this show and fell into it in the middle episodes. I'm so happy I can start from episode 1 and learn the history and am amazed at how popular it is with DL.

by Anonymousreply 286March 26, 2021 1:32 AM

It was a very satisfying finale.

by Anonymousreply 287March 26, 2021 1:51 AM

It's not as good as Corner Gas, the Canadian Seinfeld, which is now streaming on Amazon and IMDB tv.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288March 26, 2021 2:00 AM

R288 I loved Corner Gas! My local PBS station ran it years ago. Thank you for the tip; I can't wait to watch it again.

by Anonymousreply 289March 26, 2021 2:09 AM

I'm not gonna lie - I got a little teary at the end, especially when they showed Myrtle. She was one of my favorite characters. That was a really nice wrap-up. I like how everyone has a happy ending and they all stay friends. It looks like Jonah goes into politics. That's fitting. I'm not crazy about Jonah and Amy being endgame. I think he deserves better. Maybe she'll treat him better this time around.

by Anonymousreply 290March 26, 2021 4:13 AM

The finale was bittersweet. The interview videos were a nice touch. I wasn't a huge fan and watched only occasionally. The show was, for me, uneven. I was fascinated to learn the "store" can be seen from a freeway in greater Los Angeles and sometimes is mistaken for a real one by the uninitiated.

by Anonymousreply 291March 26, 2021 4:38 AM

Did they actually reveal the creep is who brings the severed feet into the store?

by Anonymousreply 292March 26, 2021 9:25 AM

Sorry,

did they just reveal the creep who brought the severed feet into the store? Yikes.r

by Anonymousreply 293March 26, 2021 9:58 AM

Nobody's mentioned the real star of the show: that set.

by Anonymousreply 294March 26, 2021 10:31 AM

R293 Yes, it was a blink once and you missed it and while I recall the character, I don’t really know who they were.

by Anonymousreply 295March 26, 2021 1:01 PM

R294 Isn’t that the second one, didn’t they blow up the first one?

by Anonymousreply 296March 26, 2021 1:17 PM

So far as I've read, while there's been rare on-location shooting, there's only been one sound stage set, in Burbank.

They didn't skimp on cost -- even a lot of extras there in the background for a TV show -- and that makes the show seem real. Actually, the first time I saw it I thought it might be some sort of reality show filmed in an actual store.

by Anonymousreply 297March 26, 2021 1:32 PM

The severed foot guy was Elias according to folks online. I missed the reveal that it was him so I guess it really was a blink and you miss it moment.

by Anonymousreply 298March 26, 2021 1:37 PM

Behind the scenes....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299March 26, 2021 4:26 PM

Bloopers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300March 26, 2021 4:32 PM

It was cute. I watched a lot of Season One and liked it, and then NBC made it impossible to watch any shows on their app without waiting forever for it to be free, so it stopped me cold. Will have to catch up in syndication.

by Anonymousreply 301March 26, 2021 4:35 PM

Season one is the funniest and most consistent imho.

by Anonymousreply 302March 26, 2021 4:42 PM

Bloopers season 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303March 26, 2021 4:44 PM

Ben Feldman really needs to sit on my face.

by Anonymousreply 304March 26, 2021 4:46 PM

This is a nicely done summation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305March 27, 2021 2:05 AM

R299 That's a great video. But also a revelation of what should have been obvious: Superstore is one big product placement vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 306March 27, 2021 2:52 AM

[quote] I'm not gonna lie - I got a little teary at the end

No need to feel shy. I bawled uncontrollably throughout Garrett’s farewell speech.

by Anonymousreply 307March 27, 2021 8:57 AM

Here’s Elias leaving his last foot there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308March 27, 2021 8:59 AM

And here’s the article dedicated to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309March 27, 2021 9:01 AM

Superstore's planned spin-off focusing on Cheyenne and Bo has been canceled... after the acclaimed series wrapped up its sixth and finale season

That's a pity. I hear they were going to call it Better Call Cheyenne

by Anonymousreply 310March 29, 2021 3:08 AM

Bo was the only Superstore character I found annoying. A show starring him would have been excruciating.

by Anonymousreply 311March 29, 2021 10:20 AM

I want a Nina and Garrett spinoff.

by Anonymousreply 312March 29, 2021 5:07 PM

I want them to continue with the distribution center. I'd be okay with Dina and a new straight banana character at the helm - plus hottie Marcus.

by Anonymousreply 313March 29, 2021 6:37 PM

There was a rom-com sitcom taking place in a distribution center of an Amazon-like online store called No Tomorrow (starring Tori Anderson and Kylie Minogue's ex Joshua Sasse) with some colorful employees, but not as fun as Superstore. It was canceled after one season.

by Anonymousreply 314March 29, 2021 6:44 PM

I agree R310. I think Bo is funny but in small doses. A full 30 minutes of him every week would be way too much.

by Anonymousreply 315March 29, 2021 8:25 PM

[quote]I want them to continue with the distribution center. I'd be okay with Dina and a new straight banana character at the helm - plus hottie Marcus.

Dina is at the helm of the distribution center, pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 316March 30, 2021 1:30 PM

R316, I think that previous post is suggesting a spin-off show set at the distribution center starring Dina.

by Anonymousreply 317March 30, 2021 1:48 PM

I thought it became a fulfillment center?

by Anonymousreply 318March 30, 2021 1:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!