Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“We’ll NEVER retire!”, vow Crüe

How come these creeps can’t just let it (and me) die??

And I refuse to believe there was any petition begging them to tear up their cessation contract. Grifters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 5, 2021 10:47 AM

Nikki in 2014:

[quote] There is no amount of money to make me do it again, because I have so much pride in how we're ending it.

Nikki now:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2020 9:20 AM

Saw them open for Kiss back in like 2012- Vince Neil sounded and looked like shit. Def Leppard opened for Kiss the following year, who I would have much rather seen.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2020 10:19 AM

R2 is. Def Leppard are so much more professional and work as a tighter band than Crüe. Sorry you wasted your money.

This tour has already grossed $130 million🙉please say most of those ticket sales are for Leppard & Joan. Brett Michaels actually looks and sounds really good for his age, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2020 10:43 AM

Say what you will about some of these fuckers, because some of them truly deserve some shit. But man, that whole scene was really fun while it lasted.

What can I say? 🤷🏽‍♀️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2020 11:15 AM

So Joan’s having to carry like 12 fat junky idiots on this tour as well as manage her own band and put on a killer show.

Truly, only a lesbian could manage such a heroic feat of strength and endurance.

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2020 11:22 AM

Vince Neil can't sing anymore and neither can Joe Elliot of Def Leppard. Def Leppard tried to get a bigger piece of the sales pie by re-recording all of their big 80s hits but all of the re-recordings sounded like shit even though his vocals were buried under the big guitars.

Def Leppard already announced a small arena tour with ZZ Top which will follow this big stadium tour. So if you want to see DL and are patient, you can see them soon in a smaller venue for a much smaller price.

No one except for a few elder gays cares about Joan Jett.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2020 12:21 PM

I love Joan Jett.

Why she tends to bring the loons out from under their rocks on here I'll never know.

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2020 1:35 PM

These old farts sadden me. They’re so old and fat and the thought of them waddling onto a stage and screaming “are you ready to RAWK” as they pop cholesterol medication is depressing.

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2020 2:21 PM

Willing to bet Sixx needs money to keep Donna D’Errico outing him as a bisexual racist child-abuser in her tell-all book. What else is he gonna do to stop her, sick Tommy and his VD on her? Their son could fuck Nikki up with a few punches, easily.

Vince probably just drank through his cash. Five years is enough to wipe out everything when you’re on his level of getting wasted. It feels like death would be a relief for him at this point, he seems too depressed.

Is Mick even still alive at this point? They’re gonna have to prop him up on stage and at the tables, ‘Weekend At Bernies’-style.

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2020 2:57 PM

[quote] Vince Neil can't sing anymore and neither can Joe Elliot of Def Leppard.

Ooh, that’s a close race. They both sound like cats yowling in heat.

At least Vince sounded passably good on his solo record EXPOSED. Granted, that was the one and only time he managed it, but we have to give him that.

Joe has never sounded listenable, even on the big slick Mutt records. Just brutal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2020 3:31 PM

Back when Crüe agreed to stop touring forever, Mick Mars said if the band reneged then they’d give every fan free tickets to their first show back. Looking at the projected numbers I’m sure he won’t make good on that promise.

[quote] Jeff Dorenfeld, a professor of music business and management at Berklee College of Music, laughs when he’s asked about the amount of money that will be made by the band, promoter Live Nation and the venues: “It’s serious,” he says. “You start calculating the grosses for 50,000 people a night, it’s a lot of money. In the millions,” Dorenfeld tells FOX Business. “The acts can get somewhere between 50 and 60 percent of the gross.” It is unclear how much “The Stadium Tour” can earn, but for comparison’s sake, Motley Crue grossed $42.1 million and Def Leppard grossed $54 million on their respective tours in 2015. Figuring 20,000 cars in a stadium parking lot at $50 a pop, “you’re talking about a million dollars before you even walk into the stadium,” Dorenfeld, who managed the rock band Boston and worked with Ozzy Osbourne and Sammy Hagar, tells FOX Business. That money in most cases would go to the venue unless a deal is made for the artist to take a cut. “There’s not a lot of revenue at stadiums [for sports compared to concerts], so if you’re one of those acts and you’re going to sell it, the promoter can come in and negotiate deals based on all of that,” he says. “If we look at all of those pieces, the concessions, the parking, the fact is those things won’t exist without Motley Crue doing the show. Now we look at the deals on the side of Motley Crue, they understand that and Live Nation understands that.” While musicians have bemoaned the death of the record industry, the live music sector is booming. In fact, Dorenfeld says the concert business is doing better even when compared to 2015 when Motley Crue appeared to call it quits.

[quote] “If you ask Live Nation or [promoter] AEG where they make the predominant amount of money, it’s rock and country and alternative. They transcend borders. They don’t just play Capital City, they play secondary and tertiary markets. Streaming-wise, hip-hop and pop artists definitely do better in the first six months to a year, but as time goes by they don’t build a catalog.” The savviest move for Motley Crue might have been foregoing a jaw-dropping sum to own the masters to its catalog – a hot-button issue now as pop star Taylor Swift feuds publicly with her record label. “When you look at Motley Crue, they’re one of a unique set of artists that own their own masters,” Kovac says. “They decided they would agree with me as opposed to their lawyers and business managers and pay their former record label back $10 million of the $12 million they were owed so they can own their masters and use their masters with books, tickets and films to broaden their base globally. It takes courage to give up eight-figures. It takes courage to try new things. Taylor Swift is very upset she doesn’t own her masters… Did she buy those masters? No. “I’m Taylor Swift and I deserve my masters”, and the media is not really covering that. She’s also selling a lot of music because she’s talking about a business deal. Her audience doesn’t want to hear about a very rich and successful artist upset that she doesn’t own her copyrights. That should have been a business transaction. Either her advisers gave her bad advice or she didn’t listen.”” It may seem unlikely that a band like Motley Crue, whose biggest-selling album, ‘Dr. Feelgood’ came in 1989 and hasn’t had a platinum-selling original release since then, instead of a polished pop act, might be leading the charge into a new way of doing business. But hip-hop and pop is short-term quick-gain that is manufactured by the same producers, while what some call “legacy artists” like Motley Crue become the soundtracks to people’s lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2020 6:40 PM

Lots of 70-year-old has-been rockers on tour right now.

Is there really a big 70s-80s nostalgia boom right now, or have they all just realized how much money they'll need for a comfortable old age?

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2020 6:40 PM

[quote] 70-year-old has-been rockers on tour

I’m praying some young groupie’s daughter calls Nikki a 70 year-old has-been to his face, and that someone livestreams the authentic scandalised reaction. PRAYING.

He’s gotta be the same age as Angelyne, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2020 8:27 PM

It’s a pity that Tommy Lee is a homophobic woman-beating venereal asshole, because even in his 50s he can still catch it. He always was the cute bangable one in Crüe.

The others..ugh. No amount of money would be enough. I don’t know how their gorgeous Millennial wives stomach it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2020 9:13 PM

The Who and The Rolling Stones are still touring and they were making music when some of Crue were in diapers

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2020 10:58 PM

Yeah, fuck the idea that people can’t rock out because they’re older.

Rock ‘n’ Roll lives in our souls, and it’s ageless, bitches!

And Joan Jett ROCKS. ❤️ her, always.

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2020 11:15 PM

The age of Crüe isn’t the issue. It’s the fact that they’re all lying nasty scumbags who hurt and fuck over other people (including their fans) for money they don’t truly need.

Oh, and that their music is the bottom-of-the-barrel mall-rock for vapid pop-poseurs. Their catalogue should be forgotten because it’s soulless sellout trash, not just because it’s old and not trendy or current.

by Anonymousreply 17February 21, 2020 11:20 PM

Saw Winger in concert recently. The lead singer had to use an inhaler in between every song.

by Anonymousreply 18February 21, 2020 11:34 PM

I never liked Crue; never bought their music and would never attend one of their shows but how do you know they don't need the money with all their kids and exes, addictions, bad business dealings, r17?

by Anonymousreply 19February 21, 2020 11:34 PM

I’ve never been a Crüe stan, but I enjoyed that whole scene immensely, just like I enjoyed the whole New Wave scene, the Madonna era, grunge, etc.

I love music, and I have enjoyed trends in music as well. Music is probably the single most powerful and creative element on earth, that can make enemies instantly agree on something, when not able to do so previously, all because of a song.

I agree that these guys are jerks, but I never paid to see them, though I did, because someone else had tickets. I’m still never going to pay to see them. They’re not U2, one of the only bands I’ll still shell out good cash for.

by Anonymousreply 20February 21, 2020 11:44 PM

Agree with all the above. I don’t care about having them record or hearing them play or seeing them perform again. Don’t go away mad, guys, just go away. I’d be fine erasing them from history - which honestly I’m shocked #MeTop hasn’t managed to do yet given their rap sheets - and restore Mott The Hoople as the only ‘Mot’ who matter.

However having seen their stupid movie and watched some old interviews with them, I am curious if experimental gay activity went on between Nikki & Vince & Tommy. There are certain vibes, let’s say, especially between a younger Nikki & Vince. I’d be more interested in getting the real ‘dirt’ on that, from ex-wives or whoever. I mean, we got to find out Jani Lane was fucking men so why not the Crüe guys?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 21, 2020 11:53 PM

They’re not gay, lol

by Anonymousreply 22February 21, 2020 11:54 PM

Well maybe they're bi enough to fuck anything with a hole, especially if chemically impaired.

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2020 12:00 AM

R6, Def Leppard's re-recording of their Hysteria album was awesome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2020 12:09 AM

R23, it’s possible, but I get the feeling they’re more on the “I merely tolerate gays” spectrum of things.

by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2020 5:01 AM

[quote] Well maybe they're bi enough to fuck anything with a hole, especially if chemically impaired.

Nikki definitely has been with men (pl.), though possibly only ever transactionally.

It’s an open well-known secret that he was tricking as a teen fresh off the bus during the early-mid 70s. Technically he had a legit straight job alongside Lizzie Grey (RIP, and what was with all these gender-bent names in the 70s-80s?) sweeping floors and scrubbing the can at The Starwood on Santa Monica Blvd., but this was part-time on an allowable so he had to make more to make ends meet. He was pretty & Android enough to draw attention, as a 17 year-old..

An corroborated anecdote in Crüe history tells us that Nikki (almost?) ended up in bed with Vince and a woman during their days playing clubs on the Strip in the 80s. No-one has come forward and said exactly what happened that night, but they all retired drunk to the same bedroom and fucking took place so fill in the blanks.

Also there’s a post in our archives (or, there was - not sure if it wasn’t lost in the switchover purge) about a rentboy Nikki was fucking sometime during the 00s. The OP didn’t stick around long enough to give any details about himself, but seemed to know enough about Nikki to be convincing (and revealing that Nikki prefers oral and is good at it, often has a whiskey dick etc.) Then again this is the same website that has maintained Tommy Lee was fucking Nick Rhodes at some point in time, so I take that one with grains of salt.

Nikki idolises other creepy abusive bisexual pervs in Jimmy Page & DLR, and has before made ‘NoH8!’ and LGBT-supportive tweets unprompted. He has gone off on Kirk Cameron for hypocrisy a couple of times (the only positive thing I have to say about Nikki). It would make sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 22, 2020 10:12 AM

You know, Nikki used to look a little like Jett. Or at least, like Joan’s heavyset lesbian hillbilly cousin. He has literal curves and carries weight like women do.

He looked girlier out of the Mötley drag than in it, which must be why his costumes were always more Cirque/bondagey than feminine glam like Vince & Tommy’s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 22, 2020 3:13 PM

During the Vince-less years Nikki was the musical partner of bisexual Tracii Guns for a while. Bis tend to find each other... :/

Tracii’s main band L.A. Guns have been constantly touring as a nostalgia act all last decade, same as GN’R. Crüe just took a planned 5-year vacation but hyped it up to make sure the last year of shows before the break sold out and bigly. Concede that they know how to hawk like their heroes KISS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 23, 2020 12:49 AM

Sixx promises he’s going to keep his mouth shut re. politics during this tour.

I’ll believe it when I see it (or don’t hahahahaha).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 26, 2020 3:43 PM

Complaining that the music of Motley Crue doesn't compare favorably to the music of the Beatles of Beethoven totally misses the point of Motley Crue. But that's okay since they never intended to make music, they intended to throw a wild party.

It's surprising how old and out of touch the people on this website are.

by Anonymousreply 30February 26, 2020 3:48 PM

Motley Crue were never one of my favorites musically, but they were the coolest motherfuckers that everyone wanted to be. Vince has always been a shitty singer, but at least he fit the sound of the band on their recordings.

[quote]Is there really a big 70s-80s nostalgia boom right now

Yup. There are a ton of package tours this year:

Motley Crue/Def Leppard/Poison/Joan Jett

Foreigner/Kansas/Europe

Whitesnake/Night Ranger/Sammy Hagar

Alice Cooper/Tesla/Lita Ford

And Guns N Roses are continuing their now 3-year long tour.

by Anonymousreply 31February 26, 2020 4:35 PM

Lit was all just a money-making ploy. They never intended to “retire.”

They’ll “farewell” a few more times before they all croak.

by Anonymousreply 32February 26, 2020 5:29 PM

Who's sponsoring this shit show? Metamucli?

by Anonymousreply 33February 26, 2020 5:36 PM

I love how Leppard all look fitter, sleeker, smarter and less worn-out than any member of Crüe despite being older by far and having partied just as hard & fast back when. Brit rockers really just do it better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 26, 2020 5:40 PM

Even the actors who played Leppard in the biopic looked more realistic and more like real rockers than the ones in the Crüe biopic, excepting lovely talented Douglas Booth of course (who is a Brit too).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 26, 2020 9:27 PM

There’s a lot of videos up on YouTube of Motley Crue’s most recent tour. Vince Neil can’t sing and is so fat that he’s constantly out of breath. Most of the actual singing seems to be done by two young hoochies who appear on stage with the band in skintight clothes. Mick Mars looks like he’s been dead for a month but he still shreds on guitar.

by Anonymousreply 36February 27, 2020 7:23 AM

What the fuck is wrong with the guy second from the left in R14’s photo? Why is he so pale?

by Anonymousreply 37February 27, 2020 8:31 AM

R37 Mick has ankylosing spondylitis, a chronic incurable form of aggressive arthritis where the bones in the spine are fused together, causing pain & immobility. Crüe allege they have always known that Mick has AS yet chose to keep him on in the band anyway, for his abilities as a guitar-player & composer and because he’s their friend. Mick has obviously had extreme symptoms AS since he was a young man, and sadly passed the condition on to his eldest daughter Stormy (but not his other younger children, all healthy adults now).

Mick also tends, like his bandmate Nikki, to lie about his age. He alleges to be in his mid-60s, but it’s likely he’s at least several years older than that. Being in one’s 70s with an illness as severe, it’s suprising he’s still mobile on two feet and talking at all let alone touring with a band.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 27, 2020 9:37 AM

A man in his seventies, who is still constantly touring in spite of chronic pain... probably needs the money.

by Anonymousreply 39February 27, 2020 11:23 AM

Crüe should send their Millennial kids in their place. Say Elle Wharton, Gunner & Decker Sixx, Les-Paul Deal (that’s really his name) & Brandon Anderson - sounds like a killer line-up. Even if it’s a trainwreck, at least it’s something no-one’s ever seen before and more than a depressing low-energy cashgrab.

Elle Wharton even has her own local band and sings vocals as an amateur already, plus she looks the spitting image of her Daddy when young. Crüe-two?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 27, 2020 12:09 PM

Good idea!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 28, 2020 11:10 AM

[quote] Nikki: “for us it was always about the mon—the SHOW.”

Hahahahaha crying. Saint Nikki exposing himself a greedy fatcat who milks his fans. I love it!

And no way they’re going to hold it together for the full run of dates. Lee is tweaking out of his mind, Vince can barely slur a sentence together and Mick is literally deceased but they haven’t even started yet. Guess Death doesn’t even want them...

As much as I can’t stand fake misogynistic GN’R, Mötley make even Axl look like a pro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 28, 2020 9:43 PM

It'll be Summer at Mick Mars, with the body of Mick propped in the corner of the stage

by Anonymousreply 43February 28, 2020 9:50 PM

Girls! Girls! Girls! Dancin’ down to Shady Pines!

by Anonymousreply 44March 2, 2020 7:38 PM

Touring is hard on old bones but that's where the money is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 2, 2020 7:44 PM

They should bring Angelyne on tour with them. I’m not even kidding (much).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 2, 2020 9:54 PM

I'm going to the Green Day - Fallout Boy - Weezer tour. It will attract a younger demographic, but the fans will still have an average age of 40, and that's being very generous.

by Anonymousreply 47March 2, 2020 10:09 PM

R47 if you bump into Billie Joe please ask him if he still like cock or if he only said that to get press.

by Anonymousreply 48March 2, 2020 10:13 PM

Years ago on some obscure rock satire blog I remember this commenter once called Vince Neil “half a Mexican hooker” and I’ve never forgotten that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 3, 2020 10:55 AM

Oh Tommy Lee. Wonder if he contemplates on how many guys, gay or straight, have jizzed watching his cock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 3, 2020 11:07 AM

R50 he’s almost as obsessed with attention as Nikki, so I’m sure he’s jacked off to that thought himself many a time.

by Anonymousreply 51March 3, 2020 10:41 PM

My favorite Divo story about Crüe is the one where Vince found the ‘wrong’ brand of mustard in the rider, lost his temper and threw the bottle at the wall where it bounced back and severed an artery in his thumb. Vincess at his finest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 5, 2020 9:17 AM

I keep mistaking Tommy Lee with Kid Rock

by Anonymousreply 53March 7, 2020 10:03 AM

R53 it’s ok honey, specimens of white trash can be difficult to tell apart.

Remember when those two got offered $5 apiece to have a prizefight over Pammy! Good old times. Never thought I’d actually miss early-mid 00s TMZ!trash-indulgent pop culture but here we are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54March 12, 2020 10:56 PM

^hah, it was $5 MILLION apiece. Five dollars would be about their pay grade, though.

by Anonymousreply 55March 12, 2020 10:57 PM

We’ve called out their plagiarism in the past, right?

Let’s do it again just in case. Here they are ripping off Rob Halford, an actual gay artist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 14, 2020 10:59 PM

I bet we'll lose a lot of old rockers before the end of the year. Guys in their sixties to eighties who've never given a rat's ass about their health, and who can't or won't give up performing for crowds. Some of them can't need the adulation of an audience, others can't afford to stop touring. They didn't save for their old age and it's their primary source of income, so they'll go out and play any place that's still open.

But not Keith Richards. He's immortal.

by Anonymousreply 57March 14, 2020 11:23 PM

R57 Nikki dying this year on this flopulous tour, before Mick & Vince both, would be the greatest gift I could ever receive. Makes me warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.

His eldest daughter, his wives & girlfriends current and ex (specially Denise aka Vanity, RIP), and all those groupies he’s raped deserve nothing less than the chance to walk in this world without him. It would make many others in the music industry and in the general world of entertainment giddy with relief and karmic satisfaction, too. It’s obvious Vince doesn’t care if Nikki bites it or if any of them do (guy has a deathwish), and Mick is too concerned with his own fragile remnant of life to worry.

It may be harsh to put it this way, but knowing Sixx’s life I think only Crüe’s managers/accountants/retained lawyers/longtime tour crew, Tommy Lee, and maybe Nikki’s sons would sincerely mourn his passing. Hopefully he’s too old and embarrassing now to be held up as a rock martyr when he does have the courtesy to die.

by Anonymousreply 58March 15, 2020 10:12 AM

Are we to assume this shitshow is cancelled, then?

by Anonymousreply 59April 3, 2020 11:44 AM

Every dinosaur rock band from the 60s to 80s needs to get fucking corona and die already. Fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 60April 3, 2020 11:45 AM

I genuinely thought most of them were dead. On the outside, I mean. Not just on the inside.

by Anonymousreply 61April 3, 2020 12:20 PM

All tours are cancelled for this summer. No audiences anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 62April 3, 2020 5:26 PM

Nothing is officially caneclled for the summer. Through May, yes. Not summer. Yet.

by Anonymousreply 63April 3, 2020 5:45 PM

Well, we thought it was safe to go back in the water, but it would seem their stupid moneygrab tour is going ahead on a makeup schedule later this year if COVD abates.

Wonder if they've all been vaccinated? All those drugs they did probably immunised them against everything anyways.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 4, 2021 11:38 PM

Tommy's a dumb whore and a scumbag who also looks gross now, which makes it so sad to remember how pretty he was in the early 00s.

Like in the video for his solo single 'Hold Me Down', which despite Tommy's limits as a singer-songwriter had an interesting post-grunge/alternative sound that smoked Nikki's shitty solo stuff. Tommy was the most gorgeous Libran boy for a while...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 4, 2021 11:46 PM

R61 it's so upsetting to realise that Jani Lane--one of our own--is dead and yet these clowns are still with us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 5, 2021 10:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!