Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How Long Can I Pull Off Pretending to Be Straight?

I've decided that when I move I'm going to be straight. I am no longer interested in being gay. Gay men are too exhausting to deal with.

I am going to date women only.

How long do you think I can pull it off?

by Anonymousreply 67February 18, 2020 8:20 AM

Until you open your mouth and purses fall out.

by Anonymousreply 1February 17, 2020 1:56 AM

If you start dating women, you'll be pulling it off alone a lot.

by Anonymousreply 2February 17, 2020 1:57 AM

My friend has done it all his life

by Anonymousreply 3February 17, 2020 1:57 AM

Who says I can't have sex with a woman R2? It can't be that difficult!

by Anonymousreply 4February 17, 2020 1:58 AM

[quote]Who says I can't have sex with a woman R2? It can't be that difficult!

It will be difficult if it isn't hard, if you catch my drift.

by Anonymousreply 5February 17, 2020 1:59 AM

You're an asshole, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6February 17, 2020 2:00 AM

Huh???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 17, 2020 2:01 AM

R5 True but can't I just take a blue chew or some shit

by Anonymousreply 8February 17, 2020 2:01 AM

R6 My asshole is permanently closed for business.

by Anonymousreply 9February 17, 2020 2:02 AM

Ask Jake Gyllenhaal or Hugh Jackman. They've been doing it for a while.

by Anonymousreply 10February 17, 2020 2:02 AM

I do enjoy the threads where DLers think that dating women will be a cake walk after dealing with "exhausting" gay men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 17, 2020 2:03 AM

Just long enough to kill your wife and newborn.

by Anonymousreply 12February 17, 2020 2:03 AM

Depends. At what age did you come out of the closet op?

by Anonymousreply 13February 17, 2020 2:04 AM

I don't think I was ever in the closet, R13. My family and friends have known since I was in high school.

by Anonymousreply 14February 17, 2020 2:07 AM

Three dates, OP, then your big adventure in pussy will be over. You want exhausting to the point of fucking madness? Deal with the pussy.

Also, stop trolling the DL, you're not that interesting. 1/10

by Anonymousreply 15February 17, 2020 2:09 AM

I doubt you made it 5 seconds after hitting Post, OP.

by Anonymousreply 16February 17, 2020 2:12 AM

OP calculate your net worth... okay

Now times that amount by three... alright

Now take that figure and make it a negative... that’ll be your new net worth once a woman is done with you

by Anonymousreply 17February 17, 2020 2:15 AM

R17, I haven't started yet. I'll report back to the DL when I do.

by Anonymousreply 18February 17, 2020 2:29 AM

if you find the right woman, forever dude.

just be honest that you like dick, don't like clam and _____ kids in future. (want/don't want)

as long as people are honest, you might find someone who doesn't care. just set up some ground rules and stick with them.

by Anonymousreply 19February 17, 2020 2:39 AM

A lot of men successfully have made this decision. Do what works for ya

by Anonymousreply 20February 17, 2020 2:44 AM

That's the plan, R19. I'm not going to lie about it.

by Anonymousreply 21February 17, 2020 2:46 AM

Just find a lesbian who wants to live in the closet and have what we used to call a "Lavender" marriage. It's nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 22February 17, 2020 2:47 AM

Will you tell the women you're dating that you're gay?

by Anonymousreply 23February 17, 2020 2:49 AM

R23 I will tell them that I used to have sex with men. But I plan on having an otherwise normal relationship.

by Anonymousreply 24February 17, 2020 2:50 AM

Op, you said gay men are too exhausting to deal with???? I'm a women and let me tell you - you aint seen nothing yet. Women are going to drive you batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 25February 17, 2020 3:00 AM

LOL at the people who think gay men in general are too exhausting to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 26February 17, 2020 3:00 AM

Are you still 'straight', OP?

by Anonymousreply 27February 17, 2020 3:00 AM

You need to find God, OP. He shall deliver you from homosexuality!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 17, 2020 3:01 AM

"I will tell them that I used to have sex with men. But I plan on having an otherwise normal relationship."

Good luck finding any normal woman who wants to be with you.

"I'm a women and let me tell you - you aint seen nothing yet. Women are going to drive you batshit crazy."

If you're a woman you must be one of those anti-feminist, right-wing women. Most of the violence in the world is caused by men. Though usually STRAIGHT men, not the gay ones

by Anonymousreply 29February 17, 2020 3:04 AM

r29, Nope your wrong about me. My comment was in reference to dating women who are way more high maintenance then men by far. That this bi-dude or returning to the closet gay guy will not find women any less exhausting than gay men.

Are you one of those lesbians that are humorless?

by Anonymousreply 30February 17, 2020 3:12 AM

OP - If you haven't found the right man, what makes you think you'll find the right woman? Have you ever thought you might be the one who is exhausting?

by Anonymousreply 31February 17, 2020 3:12 AM

I don't even know him and I find him exhausting already.

by Anonymousreply 32February 17, 2020 3:13 AM

R24 then i doubt you're setting yourself up for anything that will last. you will be preying on the person's hopes.

for her, it will be like marrying an addict and hoping they will "change". you both will become bitter and frustrated.

by Anonymousreply 33February 17, 2020 3:14 AM

"Are you one of those lesbians that are humorless?"

Are you one of those clueless straight women who troll here?

by Anonymousreply 34February 17, 2020 3:19 AM

r34, you answered my question.

No, I don't discriminate. I like to double my dating pool.

by Anonymousreply 35February 17, 2020 3:23 AM

This forum is getting filled with homophobes trolls lately.

by Anonymousreply 36February 17, 2020 3:30 AM

[quote]you will be preying on the person's hopes.

Ding ding ding!

Thus why OP is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 37February 17, 2020 3:36 AM

Spoken like a true troll, r35

by Anonymousreply 38February 17, 2020 3:37 AM

R33 and R37 how is it "preying" if I'm honest from the start about my past?

by Anonymousreply 39February 17, 2020 3:38 AM

Aaron Rodgers, welcome to the datalounge!!!

by Anonymousreply 40February 17, 2020 3:40 AM

[quote][R33] and [R37] how is it "preying" if I'm honest from the start about my past?

Because, slow-witted one, by your own admission you will only be PRETENDING to be straight. You're a gay man, and you're a fool if you think that can be suppressed forever just because you're currently 'exhausted' by your interactions with other gay men. Assuming you can keep the rainbows from falling out of your mouth long enough to lure in some hopeful woman, you'll fuck her over eventually and go back to dick, probably on the downlow so she won't find out until she comes home from work early or gets some unfortunate test results. Just grow a set and learn to deal without dragging other people into fakery and drama.

by Anonymousreply 41February 17, 2020 5:48 AM

OP: NO! I (woman) was married for 30 years . I believe sex was fueled by weed and alcohol but was never that good. Coming from a very fucked up repressed family, he didn’t accept he was gay until much later in life.

My adult children and myself accept him as he is. HOWEVER IT CAUSED ME A TON OF PAIN!!!! You can’t deny who you are OP. You and your girlfriend wife whoever will tire of PRETENDING.

Just accept yourself and fuck off to those who don’t

by Anonymousreply 42February 17, 2020 6:17 AM

OP I think it would last about this long:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 17, 2020 6:19 AM

Well i guess you can lay back and think of England dear.

by Anonymousreply 44February 17, 2020 6:23 AM

Gay men who act like women are just as exhausting as women. I'd rather cut my wrists than hang out with either of them. I understand women, I support them but have no real friendships with them. My closest friends are all men, gay, bi or straight. Most women feel the same about men, that's why straight couples spend more time apart in their groups of same sex than together. We're incompatible. I gather only very effeminate gay men can stand women because they see themselves as one.

by Anonymousreply 45February 17, 2020 6:25 AM

Gay men who act like women are just as exhausting as women. I'd rather cut my wrists than hang out with either of them. I understand women, I support them but have no real friendships with them. My closest friends are all men, gay, bi or straight. Most women feel the same about men, that's why straight couples spend more time apart in their groups of same sex than together. We're incompatible. I gather only very effeminate gay men can stand women because they see themselves as one.

by Anonymousreply 46February 17, 2020 6:25 AM

I'm confident you'll succeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 17, 2020 2:23 PM

I don’t think I would cheat, r41. I’ve been cheated on and I know how shitty that is.

by Anonymousreply 48February 17, 2020 2:25 PM

Redefine yourself as queer. You'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 49February 17, 2020 3:29 PM

I suspect this is an EST. If it isn't, then you're a crazy person, OP.

by Anonymousreply 50February 17, 2020 4:30 PM

"You're a sad and pathetic man. You're a homosexual and you don't want to be, but there's nothing you can do to change it. Not all the prayers to you god, not all the analysis you can buy in all the years you've go left to live. You may one day be able to know a heterosexual life if you want it desperately enough. If you pursue it with the fervor with which you annihilate. But you'll always be homosexual, as well. Always, Michael. Always. Until the day you die."

by Anonymousreply 51February 17, 2020 4:39 PM

You'll pull it off until the first vagina is presented to you for a licking. After you projectile vomit you'll realize what an ill-conceived notion this was.

by Anonymousreply 52February 17, 2020 4:39 PM

I hadn't thought of that, R52. I figured I could flub my way through vaginal sex, but oral? I'm going white as a ghost just thinking of that.

by Anonymousreply 53February 17, 2020 4:47 PM

You haven't really thought this through [53] have you?

by Anonymousreply 54February 17, 2020 4:49 PM

I don't like mens no more! I'm delivert!

by Anonymousreply 55February 17, 2020 4:53 PM

All marriages are marriages of convenience. Years ago, a rich friend needed to marry an American citizen for business purposes. Her family was rich but they hated her French boyfriend. If I married her, I would work for her father and live in New York, Miami, Paris, and Costa RIca. The catch- The all consuming Latin, family drama/responsibilities and the eternal lying. If I had wanted to be a father, I might have done it. They were a nice family.

Luckily I came to my senses and instead married a poor immigrant with an all consuming family/drama. But no lying.

by Anonymousreply 56February 17, 2020 4:55 PM

A lot of gay guys *are* bloody exhausting... it's just that the degree to which they are exhausting is directly proportional to the extent to which they think and act like women.

by Anonymousreply 57February 17, 2020 5:04 PM

[quote]All marriages are marriages of convenience.

That's simply not true.

by Anonymousreply 58February 17, 2020 5:07 PM

[quote] Nope your wrong about me.

Oh, dear!

[quote]My comment was in reference to dating women who are way more high maintenance then men by far.

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 59February 17, 2020 5:12 PM

[quote] My adult children and myself

*eyeroll*

by Anonymousreply 60February 17, 2020 5:14 PM

May I play the devil's advocate for a bit?

Despite of all vagina disadvantages very sensitive jerks told you about, OP, I have to warn you: why the hell you're sure that finding a woman is as easy as pie? Are you good-looking or enough weatlhy? I mean once you had a failure with men, you automatically get yourself a woman like snap your fingers? Sorry, but No. And again - no. It will take some doing anyway. And there're many chances you end up alone, so weigh it up.

by Anonymousreply 61February 17, 2020 7:04 PM

Good God, you people are actually acting as if the OP's claim is real.

by Anonymousreply 62February 17, 2020 8:38 PM

R61, is English your first language?

I know this site is known for snark, but I’m not being snarky. I don’t think it is your first language, yet you did very well.

by Anonymousreply 63February 17, 2020 9:00 PM

Believe it or not, some women would welcome a marriage of convenience and friendship, knowing clearly what the rules and expectations are, going in. Don't bring your messes home, on both sides. Separate bedrooms also helps. I've known a few successful marriages like this and they do genuinely love each other. I have a gay friend I'd marry platonically if we needed to, for some reason (if our own happy marriages don't work out).

by Anonymousreply 64February 17, 2020 9:04 PM

You gay again?

by Anonymousreply 65February 17, 2020 9:46 PM

You should probably pay attention to this new thread, OP:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 17, 2020 11:16 PM

[R63], No, English's not my first language. And I know poor grammar and spelling can be irritating, so sorry if my text passage's crawling with mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 67February 18, 2020 8:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!