Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Everyday Treasoning: Hope Floats (The Treason Thread, Part 27)

Continued Discussion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600February 22, 2020 5:57 AM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 15, 2020 3:58 PM

LOL, good link & heading, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2February 15, 2020 4:01 PM

Hi Hope. Welcome back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 15, 2020 4:08 PM

Hope has a perplexing choice in menz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 15, 2020 4:10 PM

She looks like crap compared to how she looked 3 years ago.

Put down the booze and cigs!

by Anonymousreply 5February 15, 2020 4:14 PM

Jesus, if Hillary is his VP I hope Bloomberg drops dead after the first week in office. She's our best option for prosperity, peace and uniting the country after 4 years of lawless Trump.

by Anonymousreply 6February 15, 2020 4:15 PM

Bloomberg & HRC have the same state residency. Can't do.

by Anonymousreply 7February 15, 2020 4:17 PM

are there rules? I thought we had discarded all of them. can she change her state?

by Anonymousreply 8February 15, 2020 4:20 PM

If Bloomberg/Hillary won, I'd laugh and laugh and laugh....and be very satisfied. I love the idea of deplorable snowflakes.

by Anonymousreply 9February 15, 2020 4:21 PM

Biden should declare he wants HRC as his running mate. It's a longshot, hail Mary, but Biden is desperate.

Also, Biden & HRC have never been tight, though.

by Anonymousreply 10February 15, 2020 4:24 PM

If she and Bill still have the House in DC, she can just relocate there. Hell, it’s a stones throw away from the VP’s residence on Observatory Circle.

I would love it if she was his choice for Veep. In addition to the fact that she’s the most qualified person, it would make the MAGAt snowflakes explode in rage.

by Anonymousreply 11February 15, 2020 4:26 PM

R7 I never heard that. I'll google it but I thought same state Pres/VP wasn't generally done only for geo-political reasons, not legal or constitutional prohibitions.

by Anonymousreply 12February 15, 2020 4:29 PM

I always knew Trump was into scat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 15, 2020 4:33 PM

the only thing is that if Republican want to vote for a Democrat to get rid of Trump there is no way in hell they would vote for anyone with Hilary on the ticket.

also maybe Bloomberg is just saying this to rile Trump

by Anonymousreply 14February 15, 2020 4:33 PM

Your chains have been yanked if you believe a Drudge Report about Hillary VP.

Pure bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 15February 15, 2020 4:40 PM

I think "sources" putting it out there re Bloomberg/Clinton is an attempt by someone to discourage voters from letting Bloomberg get anywhere close to the Democratic nomination.

Which tells you people are worried about Bloomberg being a real threat.

by Anonymousreply 16February 15, 2020 4:45 PM

If he really wants to be a troll, he should pick her, and if elected resign on January 21st.

by Anonymousreply 17February 15, 2020 4:46 PM

Weaver is full of dirty tricks.

by Anonymousreply 18February 15, 2020 4:49 PM

Tulsi Gabbard is running a lot of TV ads in S. C.

She doesn't have a chance.

Whose funding her? Even local ads are not cheap.

by Anonymousreply 19February 15, 2020 4:53 PM

R19 no idea who could be funding her! Especially considering it's so hard to find that kind of money in politics!!!

by Anonymousreply 20February 15, 2020 4:57 PM

[quote] Bloomberg & HRC have the same state residency. Can't do.

It’s in the Twelfth Amendment:

[quote] The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, [bold] one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves [/bold]

There isn’t an outright prohibition, but it unnecessarily complicates the math for the Electoral College, and puts her votes from New York in jeopardy. She can just move her residency. I think they still have the house in DC.

by Anonymousreply 21February 15, 2020 4:59 PM

How does this girl have jowls already? Is she lying about her age?

She looks 50.

by Anonymousreply 22February 15, 2020 5:09 PM

She wears more makeup than Dr. Frankenfurter.

by Anonymousreply 23February 15, 2020 5:10 PM

Bloomberg will choose either a Latino or a African American, and preferably woman. So will Joe. Amy and Elizabeth will lean more toward choosing a man, and Pete is going to probably go with Elizabeth or Corey.

by Anonymousreply 24February 15, 2020 5:35 PM

Miss Lindzey can't be happy about Hope's return.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 15, 2020 5:49 PM

I wonder if he’ll notice that his bronzer is going down twice as fast now that she’s back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 15, 2020 5:52 PM

Fat ass Pompeo bombs in Munich.

[quote]Appearing in place of Donald Trump before a collection of world leaders, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was given a less than warm welcome while making a speech at the Munich Security Conference on Saturday, giving an almost 17-minute speech that was greeted, for the most part, with silence.

[quote]According to Politico, Pompeo spoke to leaders of allies like Canada, France, Germany who sat and quietly listened as Pompeo boasted about job gains in the United States under the president before boasting, “The west is winning.”

[quote]“Today, throughout the Western Hemisphere, we have only Cuba, Nicaragua, and Venezuela as redoubts of authoritarianism. Meanwhile, the United States is thriving. Our political system is free and enormously resilient. Our economy, too, is strong,” Pompeo stated.

[quote]Pompeo then paused and, with no applause forthcoming, smiled and stated, “The West is winning. Freedom and democracy are winning. And by that, I don’t mean just geographical nations. The West doesn’t define a space or a piece of real state. It’s any nation – any nation that adopts a model of respect for individual freedom, free enterprise, national sovereignty. They’re part of this idea of the West.”

[quote]Again he paused — again silence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 15, 2020 6:05 PM

hide your husbands, DCers! Ho Hicks is back!

by Anonymousreply 28February 15, 2020 6:19 PM

Fat ass Pompeo had a one-on-one meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov at a security conference in Munich on Friday that the State Department did not publicly disclose BEFORE nor AFTER the fact. The only way we know about the meeting is because Lavrov's assistant posted about it on Facebook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 15, 2020 6:23 PM

r27, oh dear, he really shouldn't have mentioned authoritarianism.

by Anonymousreply 30February 15, 2020 6:26 PM

These jerks shouldn't talk about democracy, a free political system or winning.

by Anonymousreply 31February 15, 2020 6:30 PM

She is a sociopath, just like her old man lover.

by Anonymousreply 32February 15, 2020 6:31 PM

Is Pompeo going to address his massive weight gain?

Are we just supposed to pretend like we don’t notice?

by Anonymousreply 33February 15, 2020 6:34 PM

that's the point though. Pompeo like the rest of the admin and his repub defenders in Congress and right-wing media are purposely gaslighting by saying how bad authoritarianism is while attempting to be just that.

Just like how during the Obama years and even now you hear them talking about a liberal "deep state." In reality we know now that there's a hard right-wing deep state. Heck, we still don't know who in the NY FBI office was feeding Giuliani info about Hillary in late 2016 that he then blabbed about on Fox

by Anonymousreply 34February 15, 2020 7:17 PM

[quote]She wears more makeup than Dr. Frankenfurter.

I will CUT a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 35February 15, 2020 7:40 PM

Hope Hicks is a fucking whore. And ugly too.

by Anonymousreply 36February 15, 2020 7:49 PM

Isn't she the one that hooks up with married dads known for domestic abuse?

by Anonymousreply 37February 15, 2020 7:56 PM

All this brings up a question. How does Bone Spurs get the urine stains and pee smells out of that thing he wears atop his head?

by Anonymousreply 38February 15, 2020 8:05 PM

Sarah left over a year ago. Who was chasing her onto the WH lawn anyway? The Nunes Cow when he visited?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 15, 2020 8:18 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 15, 2020 8:21 PM

[quote]I would love it if she was his choice for Veep. In addition to the fact that she’s the most qualified person, it would make the MAGAt snowflakes explode in rage.

I would prefer if whomever is elected president made Hillary SoS.

That would scare the living fuck out Putin.

I know she has been through a lot and is qualified - many would say even deserved - to be president, but it would show she is a dedicated public servant, not power hungry, and the results she would produce hamstringing Putin, MBS, Erdogan, Jong-un, et al would measurable. She has done the job and knows where the bodies are buried and what makes those yahoos tick.

If Bloomberg were president only to boot out Trump and hold office for a single term, Hillary would likely be a more palatable choice for hold-outs of 2016.

by Anonymousreply 41February 15, 2020 8:23 PM

The Trump people with help from Putin have been using the hostility towards Hillary which they have exploited and amplified, to motivate their base. They are scared of a lower turn out. It's been harder and harder to get a full arena for their rallies. They regularly pay people and bus people in. The base has shrunk. Hillary is a hate magnet for Trump supporters and misogynists. Do not trust bullshit rumors being spread on line and in Right wing media like the daily fail.

by Anonymousreply 42February 15, 2020 8:28 PM

Pay very close attention to every word out of Pres Bone Spurs' mouth. He is giving away their game. I know that sounds like Captain Obvious but he is giving away far more than intended.

by Anonymousreply 43February 15, 2020 8:51 PM

Thanks FCI. I got that impression when he blurted out the shit about Stone. He's done it before. He has no discretion and often gets in his own way. For that we ought to be grateful at least.

by Anonymousreply 44February 15, 2020 9:06 PM

R43, FCI, so that's why Barr said what he did about Trump's tweets. It was to make sure he got the word out to everyone around Trump to review the tweets and delete them if necessary. And also why Hope Hicks is back. She's also there to keep a close eye on Trump's tweets and destroy anything damaging that he may let slip out. Trump would be livid if he knew that was the reason that she's back. He'd feel betrayed. Gosh. Maybe someone should send him a tweet about her.

by Anonymousreply 45February 15, 2020 9:28 PM

[quote]Sen. Lisa Murkowski: Thank you to @USDOT & @SecElaineChao for allocating a $20M Port Infrastructure Development Program grant to the Port of Alaska to help offset the 1st phase costs of the Port’s desperately-needed modernization program, enabling safe, cost-effective, & reliable Port operations.

Guess now we know how Mitch & Donny bought Murkowski's vote to acquit.

by Anonymousreply 46February 15, 2020 10:02 PM

So a Hooker had to be brought in to distract the idiot pervert President with her battered and bruised Arby’s Roast Beef pussy, before he gives up the Republican jig?

by Anonymousreply 47February 15, 2020 10:03 PM

Kellyanne welcomes back Hope!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 15, 2020 10:51 PM

it was clear Barr was trying to cover his fat ass with the interview. He knows what he's doing is wrong and possibly illegal and he knows Trump only pays attention to what's seen on tv. He's hoping Trump stops giving away what they're up to in his tweets.

by Anonymousreply 49February 15, 2020 10:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 15, 2020 10:58 PM

Flashback:. Sarah Huckabee Sanders said it was highly inappropriate to contract John Kelly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 15, 2020 11:05 PM

Looks like the Trumpsters fear Bloomberg and are trying to rile up the BernieBros, suggesting the Democratic nomination may be stolen from Bernie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 15, 2020 11:13 PM

Per r52

[quote]Hide that dog, her brother is around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 15, 2020 11:19 PM

#MoscowMitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 15, 2020 11:26 PM

What are these huge cows eating all day? Is the government paying for all that food? Jesus everyone in the cabinet has ballooned.

by Anonymousreply 55February 15, 2020 11:27 PM

R28, Latrobe is the same dude Trump met with, and told him that Comey was no longer an “issue”, and that investigators into Russia’s election tampering, would no longer be pursued. This was before the Mueller investigation began, and before Mueller was even on the scene. He also allegedly disclosed the name or at the very least, a precise indicator of either a CIA or Mossad operative, who had infiltrated ISIL, forcing his Senior Command to immediately pull him out of his assignment, for fear that he would be tortured and assassinated by ISIL. Trump basically blew a covert op that had taken YEARS to train, and prepare to go in and infiltrate. According to some articles I read back then, those are the most difficult operations to train for, because when it comes down to the rubber meeting the road, you might get one or two people who will be able to actually do the job, and hopefully, come out of it alive and in one piece. The operative has to have a “history”, and that takes years and money to build up and establish, and even then, there’s no guarantee for the operatives safety, success in completing the mission, nor is there any type of diplomatic protection, because the operative is going in as a NOC, meaning if his cover gets blown, he might be on his own, and America nor Israel can guarantee his extraction, or even claim him and negotiate him out.

I didn’t believe Hicks was literally in bed with Trump. Now? 90% of my betting money says she is.

JFC. What a mockery. Wonder who she fucked at FOX? She probably stepped on the toes of a previous office favorite, or the toes of someone’s wife.

by Anonymousreply 56February 15, 2020 11:35 PM

*Lavrov, not Latrobe.

Sigh

by Anonymousreply 57February 15, 2020 11:36 PM

Best. Parade. Ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 15, 2020 11:43 PM

From r13.....

Raw Story: Internet burns Matt Gaetz to the ground for whining McCabe didn’t end up ‘behind bars’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 16, 2020 12:17 AM

Trump Administration Deploying Tactical Border Patrol Officers To Sanctuary Cities | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 16, 2020 12:29 AM

I see Fatso Gaetz has started wearing the same orange makeup as Dump.

by Anonymousreply 61February 16, 2020 12:44 AM

R40, that raid is a perfect example of a covert op. German intelligence, the BND, is considered one of the best.

There has been a nationalist movement building in not only Germany, but Italy, France, and all countries with large populations of Asylum seekers from the Middle East and parts of Africa, for at least 20 years now. However, the uptick in “membership” and interest has grown substantially in the last 10 years.

Anyhow, the only reason why Brazil, the US, Turkey, UK, parts of Italy, have been successful in ushering in either authoritarian leadership or authoritarian leaning leadership, is because of the instability in the ME, the Arab Spring, and changing of the guard in key countries, such as Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Netanyahu, etc.

This agenda is not driven by the United States, or at least, it was not. It is an agenda driven by Russia. In order for Russia to develop into a country that has a globalized and competitive GDP, it must have sanctions lifted, while simultaneously controlling trade of oil from Venezuela, parts of the ME, such as Iran, and access to China, and Indonesia/East Asia. This then has to springboard into Russia’s largest natural resource: natural gas/energy sector. Russia will not be able to provide, build. and sell, and control pipelines without Ukraine, and the demilitarization of certain areas of the Middle East, specifically American interests, secured by our military and private contractors.

Anyhow, Putin and other world leaders who stand to make extraordinary windfalls due to these scenarios that must take place in order for them to get in on the action and do so at lesser disadvantages, cannot do this, without causing destabilization of markets through out Europe, the UK, and the ME. Easiest way? Flood the countries with immigrants seeking asylum, in the shortest amount of time possible, due to terrorism and war. Enter Syria, most of North Africa, etc. This places huge economic burdens, as well as socio-political fragmentation of citizenry, leading to civil unrest, actual terrorism from terrorists who migrated in as children or young men, further causing an us vs. them mindset, quickly evolving into nationalism, viewing authoritarianism as a better solution than democracy, and eventually, extremism, and domestic terrorism, planned and caused by lone wolf white nationalists or small cells, which is the way these groups operate.

So while I agree that there is definitely an agenda, the agenda isn’t directed from the US, though the US allows for controlled or heavily observed scenarios, as way of either exploiting it, measuring it, or for finding substantial links from where the money moves from, and to where, for what, etc. Now with Trump? The game has completely changed, because he’s willing to exploit it and profit from it. However, it couldn’t be done without key officials and money people being in on it, so that’s why it was so important for Putin to do everything possible for Hillary to lose the 2016 election. He understood that she was going to run it how she wanted, not him.

Basically, Putin is offering certain people in the United States, opportunity for HUGE wealth, for quid pro quo services. So while this appears to be a race war, and authoritarianism, which are indeed, byproducts of Putin’s strategy, this is more about money, and who controlled it, and who gets a cut of it. Putin doesn’t want to barter on democratic terms, and he doesn’t want to give way to China, or other emerging markets or markets that have the potential to boom quickly, hence lowering his positions of leverage.

It’s basically a version of Game of Thrones, on steroids. The BND bust in Germany is a tiny speck in the landscape of what is really going on behind the scenes. It’s all about money & power. It’s why we create unnecessary wars, trade wars, sanctions, embargoes, terrorism, economic collapse, massive displacement of entire populations, forcing mass migration, genocide & the dismantling of natural resources rich countries such as Venezuela. VERY few are true ideologues.

by Anonymousreply 62February 16, 2020 12:52 AM

Forgot to link this:

There’s a lot more written about this, that I’ve been studying for years. However, people find think tank shit boring, and the info is obviously skewed in favor of who ever’s paying salaries.

Anyhow, this sums it up. Not a full and even truly accurate picture, but close enough, and more accurate and unbiased than most.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63February 16, 2020 1:03 AM

I love r58's link...I only wish Cheatolini himself could see it!

by Anonymousreply 64February 16, 2020 1:05 AM

Hope Hicks the ho.

by Anonymousreply 65February 16, 2020 1:17 AM

When the mayor goes, Dump goes lower.

[quote] For some reason Donald Trump decided on Saturday to retweet a video of a Texas mayor who was unaware he was still wearing a hot mic when he went to the bathroom, which stunned even Trump’s regular critics on Twitter. Trump pushed out the tweet with the video that stated, “THIS IS HILARIOUS. Mayor of Georgetown in the US excused himself to go & use the washroom in the middle of a meeting & forgot to switch off his mic on his tie & this is what happened.”

This doofus is the president of the United States.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 16, 2020 1:26 AM

I have been seriously fearing for the future of this country as we watch trump etc destroy our institutions.

We are still such a vibrant, divers, creative country filled with good-hearted people and the trump administration is out of touch with who really lives here, choosing to focus on a minority made up or haters, cheaters, and bigots.

Their crimes are out in the open, anyone with any sense knows he's a cheater indebted to tyrants. I don't know how or when the end will come to the orange fool's reign of terror but I firmly believe it will. The sooner the better.

by Anonymousreply 67February 16, 2020 1:31 AM

Someone should have ended it the minute there was even a hint of Trump dealing with Russia. You just know, based on the people he does business with, that the FBI must have a file on him a mile long.

by Anonymousreply 68February 16, 2020 1:37 AM

R67 until something is done about Fox "News" and the other right-wing propaganda outlets, Trump and his allies can keep hanging on. A whole sector of the public doesn't know what the hell is going on. On Fox they've been playing the victim again saying McCabe was saved by the "deep state" and it's not fair blah blah meanwhile Stone and Flynn are "wrongfully persecuted for being allies of Trump"

Something has to be done. The fact that a "news" network is allowed to lie and mislead the public is just disgusting. Yes, the idiots who watch and believe that shit are responsible as well but the misinformation shouldn't even be out there. This is madness

by Anonymousreply 69February 16, 2020 1:41 AM

Microsoft News Poll

Which of these issues mattered to you most this election?

Health care = 19%

Immigration = 27%

Gun control = 8%

President Trump = 39%

Other = 7%

Based on 23,003 responses. Snapshot of real-time results.

by Anonymousreply 70February 16, 2020 1:46 AM

R69, I agree. there are truth in advertising laws, we should have truth in news laws, too. All they do is lie to their ignorant viewers and the suckers believe them. I rarely watch Fox News but when I tune in to see what they're lying about now I'm shocked at how brazenly obvious they are.

In one segment I saw they were trying to turn their viewers against Californians. They quoted some "fact" about 47% of CA households speaking another language at home. Then the hosts went on about "how can they be good Americans when they do that?" and other stupid things about what horrible people we must be. Right. A powerhouse economy that is propping up red states, struggling with overpopulation because people come here from all over the world to try to make it here.

It's akin to Facebook not vetting political ads. Lies are being told every day, why is it allowed in politics when our freedom is at stake, but not allowed to sell toilet paper? We should write to our congresspeople about it, stop allowing lies in programming, lies meant to steal elections and our democracy.

by Anonymousreply 71February 16, 2020 1:48 AM

Trump is retweeting pointless videos of local politicians taking a SHIT, PISSING & FARTING on mic. See R66

Literally, we are now living in Idiocracy. He is fucking mentally ill trash, as are his followers. Republicans are not a protected class, feel free to ask them to leave your businesses.

by Anonymousreply 72February 16, 2020 2:26 AM

The people running the show know Trump is a clown. He gets his way about a lot of stuff because he is a willing puppet, and they share the same beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 73February 16, 2020 2:49 AM

Trump probably jerked off to that bathroom tweet.

The sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 74February 16, 2020 7:53 AM

I have no desire to watch this video and give it more views, but could someone describe it? Do you hear the mayor farting or what? Does Trump know that he shared this video with over 70 million people and potentially ruined that man's life and reputation?

by Anonymousreply 75February 16, 2020 10:47 AM

Not sure Republicans want their washroom activities exposed after the Larry Craig episode.

by Anonymousreply 76February 16, 2020 2:07 PM

We need one of those of Trump. Can you imagine the noises he makes in the bathroom?

by Anonymousreply 77February 16, 2020 2:10 PM

Washington Post:

‘Something has to be done’: Trump’s quest to rewrite history of the Russia probe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78February 16, 2020 2:21 PM

Damage Report:

Democrats React To GOP Election Scam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 16, 2020 2:50 PM

NO! R77. It's bad enough that we have to listen to what comes out of his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 80February 16, 2020 2:52 PM

USA Today:

Zelensky responds to Trump's claims: 'It's not true that Ukraine is a corrupt country'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81February 16, 2020 2:54 PM

Barr is a shit version of Alberto Gonzalez and John Yoo, the lawyers who scraped up pseudo-legal cover for the G.W. Bush administration's war crimes. Though GWB had a comfortable majority of Congress, the military and the general public on board with his agenda. Trump is walking a razor's edge with his shit.

by Anonymousreply 82February 16, 2020 2:58 PM

r77, this will sound mean but I think it's quite possible that Trump hasn't used a toilet in quite some time.

by Anonymousreply 83February 16, 2020 2:59 PM

Sen. Ron Wyden @RonWyden:

[quote]NEW: I've been investigating Trump's interference in the investigation into Turkish-owned Halkbank, and my suspicions were just confirmed. Attorney General Barr — at Trump’s request — was trying to orchestrate a sweetheart deal to please President Erdogan.

But it looks like the SDNY has prevailed and are going ahead, per CNN:

[quote]Still, despite the alarm sounded in recent days, Southern District of New York prosecutors believe that their leader, Geoffrey Berman, has defended the office's relative autonomy, particularly since Barr's arrival, according to people familiar with the matter.

[quote]Barr, these people said, has attempted to micromanage certain cases, asking more questions and for more frequent updates than his predecessors on matters from Berman.

[quote]Berman has bristled at those demands, according to these people, and has repeatedly pushed for actions on certain politically sensitive cases in opposition to Justice Department leadership, most notably the indictment in October of the state-owned Turkish bank, Halkbank.

[quote]According to a person familiar with the discussions, Barr personally spearheaded an effort last year to negotiate a settlement with the bank that would have allowed it to sidestep an indictment after Turkey's President, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, pressed Trump in a bid to avoid charges. Berman, however, insisted on criminal prosecution, according to the people familiar with the matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84February 16, 2020 3:50 PM

Trump pushed CIA to find, kill Osama bin Laden's son over higher priority targets:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 16, 2020 4:07 PM

Opinion:

Trump's Secret Service scam is corruption hiding in plain sight:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 16, 2020 4:10 PM

In other Trump-related crime, Roger Stone photobombed a dad and his kid at the beach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 16, 2020 4:11 PM

Washington Post:

More than 1,100 ex-Justice Department officials call for Barr’s resignation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 16, 2020 4:15 PM

USA Today:

The Donald Trump tales: The president repeats the same stories, but the details often change

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89February 16, 2020 4:18 PM

Gee I dunno USA Today, does the guy who lies constantly every minute of every day lie in his stories about various people.

it is a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 90February 16, 2020 5:17 PM

Surprised that Princess Ivanka is allowing Whorey Hope anywhere near her husband.

by Anonymousreply 91February 16, 2020 6:04 PM

HOs are there to golden shower him. That's his kink.

by Anonymousreply 92February 16, 2020 6:12 PM

They’re all liars.

OBL was a trained and highly skilled/developed CIA operative. He comes from enormous wealth, so not sure why he found it compelling to work, other than he actually enjoyed it, because it granted him enormous influence pre 9/12, and granted the Bin Laden Family diplomatic immunity as well as asset protections. He & his family all studied at the best universities in the UK & the US.

If OBL had a son and he existed at the time of OBL’s death, then he was specifically and purposefully removed from the compound. By whom? Whomever had the most use for him. If his age and existence are real, Hamza was born to a woman of 50-57 years of age, allegedly in 1989, to be exact, making her 52-53 years old, when delivering him in Saudi Arabia. This was during the same time that Saudi Arabia declared OBL a threat to Saudi Arabian interests, & allied with the United States. Suddenly, out of NOWHERE, Al-Qaeda was born. This timeline suggests 2 things: the boy was not born back then, but was born much earlier, or much later and was hiding in the kingdom, with SA protections, or he was indeed real, and was going to replace his father’s role as a CIA Operative. Don’t know what happened, but killing him was pointless, unless he was a threat to us, SA, or Israel. Not sure how that would have been the case, since ISIL was contained and Al-Qaeda wasn’t the terror group du Jour. Remember, Trump pulled US military out of the region, who were allegedly the only protections against reformation of ISIL cells, Taliban and Al-Qaeda infiltrations, and tribal wars over turf. Why kill the alleged new Al-Qaeda leader, at the very same time you remove troops? In order to move in an American approved asset as his replacement. Bin Laden has something like 20 other children, so if it’s a Bin Laden, then it’s easy to replace. However, chances are the kid was killed because he refused to fulfill his father’s guarantee of his future services to the CIA and the Kingdom.

Here’s something that most Americans don’t understand: The Middle East is a very, very primitive land. The weather is BRUTAL, and its only saving grace, according to many, is petroleum. Who really runs the Middle East? America and specific allies: the UK, The sheiks and Saudi Royal Families would not exist, without our military protections, along with Great Britain. If anyone wants in, or out of the oil industry? They MUST deal with the US, the UK, and the King is told what to do. Not the other way around. Iran is rogue, as was Iraq, however, no longer.

Anyhow. All of this is bullshit. Now we will destroy trade with China, until it cedes regarding 5G.

The Chinese Corona Virus is not new, btw. It has been present in domestic cats for many years. Cross infection has not been traced to cats in the US, however, Chinese and Asian countries eat cats, dogs, horses, and primates. How did a virus that involves airborne transmission, not previously wipe out domestic cats in the us, abroad, etc? I don’t know, but almost all cats are positive for the Corona Virus and they get it at birth, or via saliva, mucous and it is airborne between them and to us. Feral cats also have it. How did a feral cat not ever transmit it to a rodent or bat, which then infected others in their species, eventually leading to transmission into our cows and poultry? Why didn’t this happen much earlier in China? All conditions were already present. I dunno.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93February 16, 2020 6:24 PM

Another source:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94February 16, 2020 6:26 PM

Bob Baer, CIA Operative, and his life in the Middle East. No one knew more, ever, about how things worked, in the Middle East, than this dude.

I believe George Clooney portrayed him in Syriana, which I felt was very glamorized and not on the money about what shitty and thankless work it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 16, 2020 6:30 PM

Is Trump a private hitman for MBS? Kills opposing rising leadership for Al Qaddafi. Maybe.

Is MBS a private hitman for DJT and Jared Kushner’s interests, because Americans cannot kill journalists who work for WaPo, and write prolifically about UAE influence, human rights abuses, and against the corruption of the Kingdom and any sitting US President? I dunno. Maybe?

I dunno. Maybe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96February 16, 2020 6:35 PM

Slate: Trump Sparks Outrage by Quoting Emerson to Refer to Himself as 'the King'

President Donald Trump gleefully quoted a New York Times article that had a headline calling the president “stained in history.” But the important part for the president was not the headline, but the lead of the article that cited a Ralph Waldo Emerson quote about going after the “king.” Even though the piece by Peter Baker was published two weeks ago, Trump quoted it on Twitter Saturday, with some eyebrow-raising changes.

“Ralph Waldo Emerson seemed to foresee the lesson of the Senate impeachment trial of President Trump. ‘When you strike at a king,’ Emerson famously said, ‘you must kill him,’” read the lead from Baker’s Feb. 1 piece. “Mr. Trump’s foes struck at him but did not take him down.” Writing before senators voted to acquit Trump, Baker wrote that “a triumphant Mr. Trump emerges from the biggest test of his presidency emboldened, ready to claim exoneration and take his case of grievance, persecution and resentment to the campaign trail.”

Trump quoted those opening lines but capitalized “king” and changed it from “a king” to “the King.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97February 16, 2020 6:37 PM

^

Trump quoted those opening lines but capitalized “king” and changed it from “a king” to “the King.”

The president likening himself to a king quickly drew outrage and the phrase “you are not a king” started trending on Twitter. Many also expressed concern that Trump seemed to confirm his campaign for re-election will be pushed by “grievance, persecution and resentment.”

Legal experts were also quick to raise concerns about the president’s tweets. “This may be the most sinister tweet Trump has ever posted,” University of Michigan law professor Barbara McQuade wrote. “He is comparing himself with a king and threatening to use his powers for revenge on those who questioned his abuse of power.” The president’s quote came at the end of a week in which he said he had the “legal right” to interfere in criminal cases.

by Anonymousreply 98February 16, 2020 6:39 PM

Oh Hope, you need some gurl talk with the wise Miz Lindz as to handle certain menz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99February 16, 2020 6:41 PM

Hope hicks looks like she should star in a movie called "vampire hooker" because she looks like both a vampire AND a hooker...the thing is? she's not qualified to be anymore then a hooker in the first place...

by Anonymousreply 100February 16, 2020 6:46 PM

Plump has jumped the shark. He is last weeks news.

Bloomberg is the hottest show in town

by Anonymousreply 101February 16, 2020 6:49 PM

deplorables on twitter are all abuzz at Trump's entrance and attendance of the Daytona 500 stupidity today

because that's what "the president" chooses to spend so much time and money on

by Anonymousreply 102February 16, 2020 6:57 PM

Trump is still endorsing politically motivated assassinations, I see, even if his own. He probably sees martyrdom as a form of reshaping his legacy and standing in historical placement withLincoln, JFK, and other high profiled figures, such as MLK.

Lincoln & JFK were murdered for not playing ball, and doing the right thing. Same with MLK, who openly discussed that he expected to be assassinated, and understood why. JFK attempted to protect him, and they advised him to get out, because he would almost certainly pay with his life. He declined their offers.

Same with Bobby Kennedy, Jr.

Trump doesn’t give a fuck about Americans, and only believes in status quo. He will not be martyred.

We need to sometimes see this from a different perspective. Donald Trump’s presidency did not reveal new information to us, that wasn’t already in place, by the time he got in. Our government is corrupt, and some administrations do their best to not fall prey to the corruption, and others embrace it, and even overshoot their mark, like Trump.

I believe that when Pelosi tore up his SOTU speech, she did so out of immense anger and frustration, knowing she and her colleagues did everything possible to protect our democracy, yet she couldn’t, because we finally have more bad guys than good guys in office on the Republican side.

There isn’t one person, including Republicans in office, who claim otherwise, existing in Washington DC, that does not understand how profound this grift is. Even Biden’s son was making a play for it beforehand, so this isn’t just a Republican problem, as Bernie’s own history with Russian money, can attest.

We are losing a little bit of our democracy daily. It started with 9/11’s resulting Patriot Act, which would have been an unthinkable document and legislation, had a terrorism act on the magnitude of 9/11 had not killed thousands of Americans on American soil.

Now, we sit around, getting angry at what Trump says. Donald Trump, much like his pal Stone, is a disruptor. He will say anything and everything in order to keep us off balance, while he robs us blind.

This was going to happen, sooner or later, no matter what. Americans had paved the way. We even decided to identify corporation as single payer entities, allowing them to distribute campaign money via multiple corporate holdings, and buy presidential elections. Of course Russia noticed. It saw the lobbies formed left and right, and said, “We’re in”.

I do not know if we are ever going to come out of this, at this point, even with Trump’s removal. The Federation can make anyone wildly wealthy, almost instantly, if Putin’s deals become approved.

That is just too much temptation for so many people. And don’t forget. There are already people in place and in government, who have been bought.

This problem isn’t going away with a new President. It is a start, but it is NOT a singular solution or the end of it.

by Anonymousreply 103February 16, 2020 7:11 PM

WSJ:

Democrats Weigh Whether to Pursue New Investigations as Election Looms

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104February 16, 2020 7:12 PM

if there's something very troublesome going on then yes they should pursue investigations. Now isn't the time to worry about "being seen as too political." The people who love Trump love him no matter what. I don't think that many people are still on the fence. Those of us who follow real news know he's a scumbag

by Anonymousreply 105February 16, 2020 7:29 PM

R104, they should try because history will judge them, but it won’t do shit.

As long as FOX, Breitbart and Drudge exist. They will always exist, because our constitution protects all of us, including corporations, in order to speak freely, without punishment. That’s the 1st reason.

Second reason? Seniors. Old people are afraid of dying, even if they say they’re not. Conservative media allows them an instantaneous and very simple way to pacify that fear via anger. The anger causes a stimuli, and the stimuli, is fear. It’s a loop.

That fear loop? It is probably THE SINGLE STRONGEST and enduring primitive characteristic in the history and evolution of our existence. Without it, we wouldn’t be here, and basically, everything else that came with us. It keeps us FEELING alive in a heightened way, and that is highly addictive and purposefully dispensed via FOX, skilled orators, as was Hitler, various political leaders throughout history, and even successful televangelists. They all use the same technique, including FOX, because it yields a fear that is more powerful than anything we experience collectively, because we are biologically wired to do so.

Notice how most people who watch or listen to FOX News and right wing propaganda via radio or internet, do so when they’re old? There’s a reason for that: old means vulnerable people who want to be protected and live as long as possible. They cannot help it, especially if they are not aware that it is a purposeful manipulation for their viewership, and votes. Same exact triggers are used for racism, bigotry, etc.

God, we are just so stupid. 🥺

by Anonymousreply 106February 16, 2020 7:33 PM

There are a lot of older people who do not watch Fox or listen to right wing talk radio. It has less to do with age than with education level.

by Anonymousreply 107February 16, 2020 7:36 PM

R106 I understand the 1st amendment but there should be stricter rules for news. Fox shouldn't be allowed to call themselves "Fox News" if not all their shows are reporting factual information. It doesn't matter if the primetime shows often put "opinion" under the host speaking. Those hosts mix in their opinion with lies, not facts so it's not news. Backing up your opinion with lies shouldn't be allowed on a "news" channel.

by Anonymousreply 108February 16, 2020 7:40 PM

Sports industry executives and promoters need to stop inviting Trump to these high-profile events. He gets free exposure and featuring before a friendly crowd and massive TV exposure.

For NASCAR, Lesa Kennedy is CEO and Jim France is President.

by Anonymousreply 109February 16, 2020 7:43 PM

R108, you’re right. Fux “News” brands itself as a news channel, but in FCC documentation, they’re an “entertainment” channel.

by Anonymousreply 110February 16, 2020 7:56 PM

[quote]More than 1,100 ex-Justice Department officials call for Barr’s resignation

Though I applaud the request, would it make any difference really if Barr would resign? Trump would just replace him with yet another flunky to do his bidding. He would never allow anyone not blindly loyal to him anywhere near the job.

This is why we need to get out and vote this November. To solve the problem we need to get rid of Trump, not just his deplorable foot soldiers.

by Anonymousreply 111February 16, 2020 7:58 PM

Barr obviously won't resign but it's important for optics that so many former DOJ officials are calling for him to. It proves how unacceptable his behavior is

by Anonymousreply 112February 16, 2020 8:03 PM

and the thing with fox "news" is that do they tell their audience their not news? of course not! do they tell their audience this is just their opinion and "entertainment?" of course not1... as it is? they dress like newscasters, ONLY talk about news, and well they are on a network with "news" in their title, so their regular long time viewers think they MUST be news and also telling the truth! and there you have it!...

their viewers are too lazy and/or ignorant to find out the entirety of truth of what they are addicted to watching and listening to...

SHAMEFUL that this network is allowed to have the word news in their title or even be ALLOWED to be on air! since when in a republic, a democracy is state propaganda okay? since when? since NEWS became about profit and money making that's how and why and since when!..

by Anonymousreply 113February 16, 2020 8:21 PM

These people aren’t “loyal” to Trump. They despise him. They’re loyal to their self interests. That’s why it is so important to watch against government corruption and regulations and deregulation’s that allow for corruption to take hold and grow. Let’s not forget, Nixon resigned due to the threat of impeachment, so it was not that long ago, that we were attempting to remain a democracy.

R109, FOX exists because of the freedom of the press. The faith in advertising rules don’t apply here, though they should, because advertisers pay for their air time. However, those advertisers are now corporations that are legally treated as separate, autonomies. They are classified as an individual, such as yourself, and myself, and they can pretty much choose to spend their money on whatever they wish, other than direct terrorism or murder, and theft.

That’s why we are stuck with an Australian corporation, heavily invested in American interests, as a news channel, broadcasting option based tripe, with some few facts, thrown in, here and there. As long as they meet their fiscal and tax obligations, they’re good to go, just like Christian broadcasters, that employ televangelists to spout homophobic rhetoric. Is it right? No. Is it scientifically based? No. Is it healthy to hear and process as truthful? No. But we have the right to assemble, protest, pursue religious beliefs, and spend our money however we wish, as long as we don’t conduct illegal activities, and pay our taxes.

And just an FYI. Millions of very well educated people vote conservative down all ballots, come elections. It’s not an education thing, as much as it’s a “values” thing. Those values are profoundly shaped by religious dogma. Though it is a highly correlated process, one cannot legally be subject to proving that one’s votes are correlated to one’s religious beliefs. That’s just another example of how corruption hijacked religion, in order to influence elections and win nominations.

We are deeply intertwined and tangled in this. I hope we can make it out, but I actually am expecting it to become more fractured, more chaotic, and more extreme. We lost our way. We allowed ourselves to be manipulated into not thinking for ourselves. That’s where lacking in education comes in. It’s created a nation of theocratic dunces, and people highly invested in group think and a culture of following people rather than ideals which benefit us all. Climate change will be the game changer. It is happening, it will develop rapidly, and it will take out millions, if not most of us. Human beings are too arrogant and greedy. They MUST be faced with a eminent, clear and present danger in order to reach a consensus that pushes them into cooperation for the primary purpose of survival.

by Anonymousreply 114February 16, 2020 8:25 PM

R114... i hear you and a good post, however, how is and why should fox "news" be protected in regards to freedom of the press, when they are NOT actual journalism or news but state propaganda and thus CAN"T and DON"T HAVE a FCC license? their not news, so why should they be given freedom of the press to exist??

they want it both ways and of course should not have it!

by Anonymousreply 115February 16, 2020 8:29 PM

I mentioned this in another thread, and let me preface this by saying I’m a true blue Democrat, and would feel very comfortable voting for any of them—even Bernie. Nevertheless, having lived through Watergate, I can see what’s happening. Dump and his minions want to run against a Bernie, or a Buttigieg. They know that people’s prejudices might preclude either of them from winning the presidency. Bloomberg and Biden are real threats, however—now just watch while crap starts coming out of the woodwork about them. They fucked up with Biden, because they were brazen, but they won’t make that mistake again. You can see it with all of the stuff now leaking about Bloomberg.

Nixon did not want to run against Muskie or Kennedy in 1972. He wanted to run against McGovern. Hence the Canuck letter that destroyed Muskie’s candidacy, which Nixon’s people were behind. Nixon was also terrified of the prospect of having to face another Kennedy. A lot of those dirty tricks from the Committee to Re-elect the President that eventually resulted in Watergate stemmed from Nixon’s paranoia that he was going to have the White House “stolen” from him once again by a Kennedy.

Guess who Nixon ended up running against? Yup, McGovern. All due to the dirty tricks by CRP (also known as CREEP).

I only share this as a cautionary tale. Do not be dissuaded by the dirty tricks that I’m sure are coming from the Trump camp. Vote for the person you want, but let’s stop beating up on our own.

by Anonymousreply 116February 16, 2020 8:33 PM

R115, because they are on cable, they are not regulated by the FCC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117February 16, 2020 8:33 PM

R117 okay ,but then every other NEWS network HAS to get a FCC license and HAS TO BE regulated to be on cable?.. like i said, fox news wants it both ways and has gotten away with it for years and years and shouldn't!..

by Anonymousreply 118February 16, 2020 8:37 PM

^ to be completely transparent, I’m making no judgment of the Democratic candidates @ r116–all of them would be great, I think. But think—who does Trump want to run against? And who does he not want to run against? Funny that things look to be turning his way. I DO NOT believe in coincidences.

by Anonymousreply 119February 16, 2020 8:40 PM

"Millions of very well educated people vote conservative down all ballots, come elections. It’s not an education thing, as much as it’s a 'values' thing. Those values are profoundly shaped by religious dogma."

R114 -- link that confirms this? Because I have one from the Pew Research Center that disputes it. See paragraphs below.

"Looking at the U.S. public as a whole, however, the answer to the question of whether more education is correlated with less religion appears to be yes. Among all U.S. adults, college graduates are considerably less likely than those who have less education to say religion is 'very important' in their lives: Fewer than half of college graduates (46%) say this, compared with nearly six-in-ten of those with no more than a high school education (58%).

Highly educated Americans also are less inclined than others to say they believe in God with absolute certainty and to pray on a daily basis. And, when asked about their religious identity, college graduates are more likely than others to describe themselves as atheists or agnostics (11% of college grads vs. 4% of U.S. adults with a high school education or less)."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120February 16, 2020 8:53 PM

R119, regardless of whether or not you believe in coincidences is irrelevant. Randomness means that events are subject to either provable coincidental events, or non correlated, yet coincidental events. Gravity and other laws of physics, make random, separate, events, appear coincidental.

Conspired events are different, yet not necessarily conspired via intelligence. So is it fate, or random? That is up to you and world view. If you don’t believe in coincidence, you believe there is a divine order or other order, that makes things happen, rather than things just happening for whatever reasons.

Why are we experiencing such high levels of corruption in American government? Because someone had enough money to corrupt them. Why are they all becoming corruptible under Trump? Who knows? We can come up with really good theories, and ones that turn out to be factual, however, a million little things had to happen for us to get to an apex where opportunity met the opportunistic. It could have not worked, and it could have worked, we had very little control over outcomes, because we, as human beings, cannot control time, gravity or matter.

Outcomes are theorized, however, never guaranteed, even if we’ll hedged. Everything is risk. 1% risk? That’s still 1%, and cannot guarantee outcomes, yet do not rule out possible coincidences that appear controlled via time, but were two separate random events, that were impossible to guarantee in execution and presentation, but somehow were brought together in time and presentation, making it look conspiratorial, rather than coincidental.

You believe in conspiracy, not coincidence. Coincidence is random. Conspiracy is planned.

by Anonymousreply 121February 16, 2020 8:57 PM

In South Carolina, and I directly observe it, Republicans are being pushed by Republican/right wing groups to vote in the Democratic primary. There is no party registration, but voters can only select one primary to vote. They are being open about it and asking their constituents to vote for Bernie Sanders. They want to run against a "socialist" in November. Not only with regard to the Presidency, they believe with Bernie heading the Democratic ticket, there will be major Democratic loses down ballot. The anti-Biden rhetoric is immense with these groups.

by Anonymousreply 122February 16, 2020 9:05 PM

R122.... good point.. the repubs will do anything to win, and i mean ANYTHING and doing it (bernie support) on purpose...

by Anonymousreply 123February 16, 2020 9:06 PM

The next time the Democrats have Congress and the White House:

1. Campaign finance reform (including legislating Citizens United out of existence)

2. Reinstate the Fairness Doctrine

by Anonymousreply 124February 16, 2020 9:23 PM

R124.. a good start yes.. 1st week after the inauguration!...

by Anonymousreply 125February 16, 2020 9:25 PM

R120, look at the data you provided. Break that down on its own, first. Then do a ratio analysis to actual living populations, over the age of 70.

The data you are using is correct, but it does not include a population of baby-boomers who either went to college and retired, or got degrees after adulthood at 25 years or more, and retired.

2 generations must pass, as in die, with more children coming of age in purple or blue states, and moving to red states, in order for religious affiliations to be significant to education. This is also based on children born in the United States, likely coming from Judeo-Christian influences.

So yes, you are correct. The better educated, the less likely for religion to influence voters, however, here’s what we have working against us: the ability to afford higher education in correlation to cost of education and cost of living expenses. And even if the population becomes increasingly educated, it will not thrive, if they bear the highest tax burdens and are forced to not have children, or move to areas with better schools, or even more significantly, move in to purple or red districts, which may not even have better schools, yet offer affordable living

It’s way more complex than just education vs. religion. That’s why people win hard elections, because they go deep into the breakdowns, and fill voids necessary to win. Jimmy Carter is an example, as is Trump, actually.

The outcomess don’t even have to be expected or theorized, because one cannot predict the actions of autonomous voters. You can theorize and call it an opinion or prediction, but theories and predictions are worthless when held up against actual votes.

I predict we will progressively become blue, ONLY IF, other variables and criteria for those variables are met. And not only do they need to be met, but they have to outpace all variables working against them.

by Anonymousreply 126February 16, 2020 9:25 PM

Trump Puts Man Accused Of Financial Crimes In Charge Of White House Hiring

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127February 16, 2020 9:54 PM

Betsy DeVos saved accreditation agency for Reagan National University in Sioux Falls, S.D. There is no record of this supposed entity having any students, faculty, and classrooms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128February 16, 2020 9:54 PM

From USA Today on Betsy DeVos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129February 16, 2020 9:59 PM

The problem with selling out to Trump is that you get nothing in return and publicly humiliated in the bargain.

by Anonymousreply 130February 16, 2020 10:06 PM

Barr Interfering In Some Cases That Are Not Yet Public: NYT | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 16, 2020 10:26 PM

R124, I completely agree. However, I strongly suspect that if a campaign finance reform law was passed that nullified Citizens United, conservatives would immediately sue and the current SCOTUS would strike it down.

I wonder if it's worth going through the process of passing such a law unless the highest court is going to back you up.

The polarization of our country has been an incredible boon to the legal profession's coffers.

by Anonymousreply 132February 16, 2020 10:26 PM

R121, reread my post. I DO NOT believe in coincidences.

by Anonymousreply 133February 16, 2020 10:32 PM

OK I was wondering what happened to the SDNY case that sent Cohen to prison and listed Trump as "Individual 1". So Barr apparently closed that case.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he ended investigations into the dirty dealings of Don Jr, Ivanka and Jared as well.

by Anonymousreply 134February 16, 2020 11:11 PM

Congress needs to censor Barr now! Then impeach his arse. Isn't he suppose to testify before a House Committee the end of March? Don't give him that long.

by Anonymousreply 135February 17, 2020 1:06 AM

Politico:

Judge sets Tuesday phone hearing in Roger Stone case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 17, 2020 1:38 AM

Ugh, she's going to postpone the Stone sentencing because of Dump and Barr's interfering.

by Anonymousreply 137February 17, 2020 1:43 AM

Washington Post:

‘Something has to be done’: Trump’s quest to rewrite history of the Russia probe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 17, 2020 1:47 AM

what's really annoying about the Flynn and Stone cases is that it seems their plan is to keep doing shit to postpone the sentencing. We all know there's a very good chance after the November election, Trump will pardon all his allies no matter if he wins or loses. So Stone and Flynn have less than 9 months to go if they can keep stalling like this.

I wish the judges would just say fuck it and sentence them NOW

by Anonymousreply 139February 17, 2020 2:08 AM

I firmly believe any amount of jail time would firmly break Flynn and Stone's spirits. Just for fun, imagine how terrified Donald would be to fall asleep in the White House and wake up in a cell.

by Anonymousreply 140February 17, 2020 2:44 AM

Judge Amy ain't gonna do shit to Stone.

That spineless bitch has capitulated to him each and every time.

by Anonymousreply 141February 17, 2020 2:52 AM

think about the precedent this sets. If you're connected to a repub president, you can just keep stalling to avoid jail time. Judges need to put their foot down on these criminals

by Anonymousreply 142February 17, 2020 3:03 AM

trump is little more than the crud on a bathroom floor. I rarely let him in my brain anymore. He's a joke, a fool, a repulsive evil clown. Soon he and his administration will go down in history as the embarrassing aberration that they are. It will then be time for honest and rational legislators to write new laws and make sure no one like trump ever is president again.

by Anonymousreply 143February 17, 2020 5:27 AM

This thread doesn't usually give me an anxiety attack, but this morning it is. I need to go outside as soon as the sun's up: the news has been sick making for years, but it seems to be quickening.

It doesn't help that I watched Errol Morris's Bannon movie yesterday. A rehash of Bannon's rise and fall. Watching the 2016 election unfold again, with context and more information than we had at the time, just makes the situation with Dear Leader and his enablers more and more frightening.

I really wish I were the type of person who could organize others, inspire groups, but I am not.

by Anonymousreply 144February 17, 2020 11:10 AM

Did anyone watch 60 Minutes last night? They had a really good segment on the Ukraine conspiracy and Dotard's obsession with the Crowdstrike server. It was beyond insane! Scott Pelley did a great job of completely eviscerating it.

by Anonymousreply 145February 17, 2020 12:15 PM

I still want to know about the Alfa Bank server pinging the Trump Org

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146February 17, 2020 12:23 PM

R146 there is a lot flying by the wayside. I want to know about all the Insider Trading too. Fat Billy Barr has probably shutdown all these investigations.

by Anonymousreply 147February 17, 2020 12:26 PM

yesterday C-SPAN had sebastian gorka on it, allowing him to spew and spew insanity hate and outright lies! shame on them!!!!!!!

i mean gorka? really? REALLY? REALLY????

by Anonymousreply 148February 17, 2020 12:28 PM

I don't know if it would solve anything or could be executed, but when it's all over, I think there should be a blacklist for cabinet members, enablers in Congress, etc.

by Anonymousreply 149February 17, 2020 12:33 PM

Gabbard is funded by Putin....maybe through the NRA?

by Anonymousreply 150February 17, 2020 12:33 PM

Trump must like women with heavy makeup, look at his wives Ivana and Melania and also Hope Hicks. Hicks looks better from a distance.

by Anonymousreply 151February 17, 2020 12:47 PM

Donnie, the European Union is NOT ONE OF YOUR FANS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152February 17, 2020 12:51 PM

r152 - “The overall unemployment rate is the lowest in more than half a century, economic growth tripping right along."

It's....tripping? Should it be....tripping?

by Anonymousreply 153February 17, 2020 1:05 PM

Thank you, R152, for the PERFECT Datalounge political post.

by Anonymousreply 154February 17, 2020 1:06 PM

To de-turd the DoJ, demand Congress remove Barr, then Rosenstein, and then all personnel hired and appointed by Barr.

by Anonymousreply 155February 17, 2020 1:28 PM

Here’s the 60 Minutes story debunking Dump's obsession with Ukraine, Crowdstrike and the DNC server.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 17, 2020 1:33 PM

Barr does have hot titties.

by Anonymousreply 157February 17, 2020 1:42 PM

Here's the segment, r156.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158February 17, 2020 2:13 PM

I just finished the book "A Very Stable Genius" by Phillip Rucker and Carol Leonnig. I just shake my head - it seems four of the obstruction charges in Robert Muellers report are actionable yet DOJ and Barr will do nothing to stop the idiot in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 159February 17, 2020 2:24 PM

I'm so tired of hearing everyone ringing the hands and shaking their heads at how unprecedented everything Trump and his toadies have done and are doing. With every book that comes out about the dysfunction at the White House and how mentally unstable Trump, I think to myself that "this is it! this will change everything." But, it doesn't. It has the opposite effect and Trump's supporters rally around him even more. My hope is that the Democrats will stop the divisions within their own party and will rally around whoever the Democratic nominee is and that includes keeping House majority and taking the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 160February 17, 2020 2:35 PM

[quote] demand Congress remove Barr, then Rosenstein, and then all personnel hired and appointed by Barr.

Ummm, Rosenstein left DOJ last year after the Muller report was released.

All political appointees (with a few extremely rare exceptions) will be dismissed from their service before the new Democratic administration takes over on 1/20/2021. (And the exceptions are usually for a brief time to get a new person in place.)

It will be very difficult, if not impossible, however, to fire career personnel hired while the Dotard has been in office. Under existing civil service laws there is protection from political hiring into and firing from the career service. They are easily identified and can be sidelined and marginalized if they are only interested in advancing a hard-core tRump agenda. You may not be fired, but you can be reassigned.

It is also unnecessary. The Department has over 100,000 employees. Most of them have nothing to do with policy work. There are only a few hundred tRump political people at DOJ. Their influence in career hiring is very limited. It is not nonexistent, but it is limited.

by Anonymousreply 161February 17, 2020 2:36 PM

I do think we should look at allowing re-hiring at previously achieved seniority levels for employees who were inappropriately forced out (NIFA for example) or resigned in protest across federal agencies when the new administration comes in. There are agencies that are hollowed out and that would speed up re-staffing.

by Anonymousreply 162February 17, 2020 2:54 PM

Nice idea, but unfortunately unlikely, for human reasons.

If you were forced out of your job by a vicious boss, and found work elsewhere, you’d be bitter.

If that bad boss were replaced, would you quit your new job to go back to the old one?

by Anonymousreply 163February 17, 2020 3:02 PM

Of course.....

CNN: Air Force One photo deleted by Trump's campaign manager after people point out it's from 2004

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164February 17, 2020 3:28 PM

CNN:

Federal prosecutors weigh new charges that bring Lev Parnas investigation closer to Giuliani

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165February 17, 2020 3:29 PM

Newsweek:

'No One' at the State Department Believed Trump Ukraine Theory: Taylor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166February 17, 2020 3:37 PM

r161 pardon the error, meant Jeffrey Rosen as a Deputy. Still, there are plenty of questions left about Rosenstein's own decisions during and immediately after the Mueller period.

by Anonymousreply 167February 17, 2020 4:18 PM

^155, not 115

by Anonymousreply 168February 17, 2020 4:19 PM

Oak, thanks R168. Rosen will be fired in December with the rest of them.

And even if Barr and Rosen were removed, tRump would install another lackey. He’s seen what happens when the AG isn’t a stooge. He won’t make that mistake again — especially in the run-up to the election. We should keep up the pressure to get rid of Barr, mostly to keep him off kilter, but maybe we’ll get lucky and be rid of him.

I hope whoever the Democratic President-elect picks for AG can be confirmed before the inauguration, so we don’t have to leave a tRumper in there. Reno wasn’t in 1993; Ashcroft wasn’t in 2001; Holder wasn’t in 2009: and Sessions wasn’t in 2017. [The holdover has to have been confirmed by the Senate to whatever position they occupy.]

by Anonymousreply 169February 17, 2020 4:33 PM

R169 and others...There will be no Democratic President-elect because the Republicans, with Russia's help, have rigged our voting systems. And they're the ones in charge. They're in charge because they rigged them the last time, and have been slowly and systematically been doing it for years. This issue is the most important and most in need of being rectified! Otherwise, nothing else can take place and we lose our Democracy, (if we haven't lost it already). It frustrates me that not a single Dem candidate has addressed this issue. They all seem to make the assumption that they'll win and win big so there's no question. In who's fucking world? ....This plan has been in place for a very long time, and has been rolling out beautifully, at least from Putin and the Republican's standpoint. ....All the candidates mention the debates and how they can't wait to go against Trump and ream his ass. There will be no debates! He'll come up with some excuse and find some way of snaking out of them. Just watch!

I don't care much for Bloomberg and I don't trust him. But because of his money, I feel we have to trust him as it may be our only way out of this.

Those who disagree with me, please speak up. Prove to me otherwise because I really want to be wrong!

by Anonymousreply 170February 17, 2020 5:14 PM

yeah I think it's obvious now that Barr severely limited and even closed some investigations that were ongoing in Mueller's work. Remember all those reports that Don Jr "was resigned to the fact he'd probably get indicted"? and that Kushner was in trouble too? I'm sure along with a lot of things tied to Trump, Barr cleaned it all up.

Mueller of course was "too principled" to say anything about it under oath for fear of "being too political"

by Anonymousreply 171February 17, 2020 5:32 PM

Are we Mexico now?

by Anonymousreply 172February 17, 2020 5:35 PM

[quote] I think it's obvious now that Barr severely limited and even closed some investigations that were ongoing in Mueller's work.

I think that’s right. The question will be for the next administration to decide what to do about it. I would suggest the appointment of a special counsel to pick up the pieces of the closed investigations so as not to distract from the important work of putting DOJ back in order. And also to not make it seem as if they are politically motivated and revenge fueled.

It’s why I would suggest someone like Adam Schiff as AG.

R170, please calm down and stop with the hysterical conspiracy theories that all lead to the conclusion that hope is lost. Yes, there may have been some funny business and serious irregularities with the 2016 election. Agreed. But that does not mean that Putin is now controlling the entirety of our vast and sprawling election machinery across 50 states and DC.

I leave it to someone else to talk you off the ledge. But please, just get on board with getting rid of this monster. Because the alternative is simply not helpful.

by Anonymousreply 173February 17, 2020 6:05 PM

isn't it true that the states who use paper ballots to vote cannot be hacked?

I know there are some states who do it electronically though. Those are the worries

I thought I heard last year that it would be impossible to hack the whole country but certain states/districts are under threat and the repubs refuse to do anything about it.

Anyone know how many swing states have paper ballots?

by Anonymousreply 174February 17, 2020 6:22 PM

trump is doing exactly what every republican wants. Minimize and strangle the government until nothing is left but a strong military ready to do their bidding.

Un-fund Medicare, Social Security, other social programs, science, education, Planned Parenthood, NPR, national parks, civil rights protections, women's rights, stock judiciaries with biased judges, deregulate everything including banks and environmental laws, and screw over and humiliate hated progressives at every turn.

They will lie, cheat, and steal to shove through their agenda. It's a minority agenda, most Americans do not want what they want. They don't care, it's their way or the highway and they've proven it doesn't matter how they get it.

by Anonymousreply 175February 17, 2020 6:43 PM

The House really should start investigating Barr. He is so dangerous. I can't wait for his hearing. Even if he doesn't answer certain questions he's going to look very suspect to viewers at home.

by Anonymousreply 176February 17, 2020 6:50 PM

Brian Tyler Cohen:

Chris Wallace lays into Kellyanne over Bill Barr controversy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177February 17, 2020 6:57 PM

I think we've entered the Monster Island phase of Western civilization, where nightmarishly powerful corporations and 0.1 %ers having taken control of the everyday world turn to do epic battle with each other, and the only thing we can do (other than, oh, exercise our right to vote, though so few enfranchised Americans bother with that) is to stand and watch and try not to get squished.

by Anonymousreply 178February 17, 2020 7:02 PM

With Trump proposing cutting funding for the CDC, whoever is the Dem candidate needs to fucking nail him to the wall. Run non-stop commercials of people sick with Coronavirus.

It's fear issues like that that will win the election. They're going to use immigrants again, so we need to use whatever is at our disposal.

by Anonymousreply 179February 17, 2020 7:06 PM

There is straight paper balloting and paper backup.

Both are good preventative measures to hacking.

With paper backup you have to verify that the votes recorded are exactly as you voted so that if an audit is done, irregularities can trigger a full manual recount.

by Anonymousreply 180February 17, 2020 7:17 PM

She has definitely had quite a bit of work done if you look at her HS photos. Nose done and cheekbone implants and boobs and who knows what else? Trump probably paid for her to get the Ivanka/Melania Special because women have to be perfect to be in his glorious orange presence.

by Anonymousreply 181February 17, 2020 7:51 PM

Update:

now more than 2000 former DOJ members are calling on Barr to resign. It was just over 1000 yesterday

by Anonymousreply 182February 17, 2020 8:03 PM

R179 good idea.

Those fucking hillbillies rail against government but let this bitch shutdown like Wuhan-no food, no supplies and they’ll be begging for socialism.

by Anonymousreply 183February 17, 2020 8:11 PM

Yes, R182, I was happy to sign that statement and proud to join more than 2,000 of my former colleagues.

by Anonymousreply 184February 17, 2020 8:17 PM

Thank you, R184.

by Anonymousreply 185February 17, 2020 8:19 PM

To expand on R175, part of the repuke cheating scam is taking advantage of the gullible and uninformed. Stoke their bigotry, gun fervor, sexism, etc and you can con them into voting against their self-interest.

by Anonymousreply 186February 17, 2020 8:22 PM

Another thank you to r184.

by Anonymousreply 187February 17, 2020 8:28 PM

I signed it too!

by Anonymousreply 188February 17, 2020 8:31 PM

Miami Herald:

'He acts like a caudillo.' New anti-Trump ads compare him to authoritarian leaders

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189February 17, 2020 8:37 PM

CNN:

John Bolton to give speech at Duke as White House wrangles over content of his book

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190February 17, 2020 8:39 PM

CNN:

Nancy Pelosi warns Democrats 'must be unified' to ensure Trump isn't re-elected

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191February 17, 2020 8:44 PM

r174 We have switched back to paper ballots in PA in 2018

by Anonymousreply 192February 17, 2020 8:45 PM

Can we get ads comparing Trump to Hitler?

by Anonymousreply 193February 17, 2020 8:59 PM

R193, I really don’t know why they haven’t gone there yet.

by Anonymousreply 194February 17, 2020 9:18 PM

We really don’t want to do that, R193. The comparison may be apt. However, as soon as you mention Hitler, his partisans will decry it as extreme and distract from our message. You can make the point — which you correctly raise — that he is a would-be dictator. But we need to do that without ever using Hitler’s name. I can see Kellyanne Con-job screeching about how over-the-top and deranged the Democrats are by comparing Drumph to Hitler. But, you’re correct that he is monster and we should expose him as one. Kids in cages, trying to take away heath care and eduction, limiting civil rights, and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 195February 17, 2020 9:23 PM

R191, We've all been saying that here at DL for months now. I wish that the Bernie supporters, both online and people like Michael Moore and AOC would agree. And also those damn pundits on MSNBC and CNN.

by Anonymousreply 196February 17, 2020 10:02 PM

So many people have asked why no one tried to stop Hitler in the earlier days of his rule. But here we go again, watching a cruel dictatorship take place brazenly right before our eyes. I firmly believe trump is fully capable of the same evil deeds as Hitler.

Will no one stop this beast?

by Anonymousreply 197February 17, 2020 10:03 PM

Wonder if Roger Stone knows some past dirt on the AG Frog-Hog?

by Anonymousreply 198February 17, 2020 10:10 PM

There were many attempts to assassinate Hitler, as early as 1932, R197. It’s a pity none of them were successful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199February 17, 2020 10:32 PM

I feel certain that sleazebag Roger Stone has ALOT of dirt on many, many people in Washington. He is an unabashed kinky bastard, himself. If he ever announced he was writing a tell-all book, I'm sure he would 'commit suicide' before he could ever begin.

by Anonymousreply 200February 17, 2020 10:54 PM

A "swingers" gathering of the Stones' and Barrs' is too repulsive to imagine.

But would not discount since happening.

by Anonymousreply 201February 17, 2020 11:05 PM

^such, not since

by Anonymousreply 202February 17, 2020 11:06 PM

R199, yes, a pity. Yet he died of suicide.

I'm fascinated by the photos made by Lee Miller of a family suicide to avoid capture by U.S. troops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203February 17, 2020 11:22 PM

me too r146. It's such a weird little thing, and so much else has happened since then, but I just can't get past it. What the hell was happening there?

by Anonymousreply 204February 17, 2020 11:33 PM

Lindsey wants to know who is your favorite President.

Do tell Lindsey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205February 17, 2020 11:46 PM

"I hope whoever the Democratic President-elect picks for AG can be confirmed before the inauguration, so we don’t have to leave a tRumper in there."

Well, the new President (God willing) can simply appoint an acting AG pending confirmation. Why not? Lord know there's been plenty of precedence in this administration for "acting" employees, so the Republicans would have no credible argument against it. Not that it would stop them from whining, but their complaints could be ignored.

by Anonymousreply 206February 17, 2020 11:54 PM

R205 I voted with fake info but it just leads to a link to donate. No poll results.

Fave Prez: George Washington, Abe, Reagan, Retard Bush, or Dump?

How fucking stupid?

by Anonymousreply 207February 18, 2020 12:01 AM

There was a statement made about 6 mo to a year ago that they found the pings between Alpha and Trump Tower amounted to nothing. I remember because my immediate reaction was "bullshit" because Ive followed this saga since it started a few months before the election, and I dont find it meaningless. I dont believe in coincidence of this level. Alpha was pinging Trump Tower, who was pinging Spectrum Health (of DeVos family). No...they were doing something and it had to do with voter data...of that much we are sure.

by Anonymousreply 208February 18, 2020 12:15 AM

r197, when the FBI was randomly stuffing Arabic men into vans after 9/11 I asked myself why I wasn't out there trying to stop it. The answer was (a) I knew I couldn't and (b) I was scared of what they'd do to me if I tried. Nobody else gave a damn and assumed that if they were taking these guys, they must have had a reason for it. We now know they didn't and that these men were held without charges, some of them taken out of the country and tortured, and some were never seen again. And I realized this must be exactly how it happened when the Nazis started rounding up the Jews. We tell ourselves "Jojo Rabbit" fairy tales about how we would have stood up to the Nazis, but when it happened here we didn't do a fucking thing, and couldn't. And now the same thing is happening to the Latinx immigrants at the border, only it's whole families and we know exactly what's being done to them and nobody gives a fuck. As with the post-9/11 renditions, everybody assumes the government knows what it's doing and it's all for the best. And we know what would happen to us if we tried to stop them.

by Anonymousreply 209February 18, 2020 12:45 AM

R201 how dare you forget the Manaforts!

by Anonymousreply 210February 18, 2020 12:59 AM

Maddow just reported that the federal judges are having an emergency meeting tomorrow about Barr.

by Anonymousreply 211February 18, 2020 1:21 AM

R209 exactly. We’ve let a bunch of corporations and billionaires organize and create an all mighty Republican military, which contrary to popular redneck belief, WILL be used against them if need be to take dem guns. Funny, the Dems don’t want them to have automatics but the Repugs will use the military in a second if need be.

by Anonymousreply 212February 18, 2020 1:52 AM

CNN:

He's known Bill Barr for 40 years. Now, he's calling for his resignation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213February 18, 2020 1:56 AM

[quote]Maddow just reported that the federal judges are having an emergency meeting tomorrow about Barr.

What are they able to actually do?

by Anonymousreply 214February 18, 2020 2:02 AM

R214 NOTHING! Demanding Bill Barr to resign is like demanding Donald Trump to provide his taxes. They're just going thru the motions. Some Democrat needs to grow a set and demand that Barr be impeached. HE IS breaking the law. Maybe a President doesn't have to be removed from office for doing so, but attorney general does. Ask John Mithcell.

Just start the fucking proceedings already! (Kamala Harris has mentioned many times).

by Anonymousreply 215February 18, 2020 2:05 AM

I'm def gonna read the new book "Dark Towers" which reports more in depth on the Trump-Deutsche Bank-Russia connection

by Anonymousreply 216February 18, 2020 2:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217February 18, 2020 2:10 AM

r216...what stood out for me was that Deutsche had its hands in Cyprus....where The Bank Of Cyrprus was a know...and huge money laundering op for Russia. It was run be ...Wilbur Ross, our Sec of Commerce. Interestingly when Ross left The Bank of Cyprus, he was replaced with the President of Deutsche who was in charge during the money laundering investigation. This is HUGE.

by Anonymousreply 218February 18, 2020 2:19 AM

Barr needs to be disbarred. Why isn't that happening?.

by Anonymousreply 219February 18, 2020 2:22 AM

Fun Fact : Barr has NEVER tried a case in court.

by Anonymousreply 220February 18, 2020 2:27 AM

R219, some Red state would give him a law license, but losing his DC license would be humiliating.

by Anonymousreply 221February 18, 2020 2:49 AM

Pay very close attention to every word out of Nancy's mouth over the next several weeks.

by Anonymousreply 222February 18, 2020 2:53 AM

How do we know “the president” hasn’t already sold of the nuclear codes? Maybe we don’t even control our own nukes anymore.

Doesn’t it all come down to the nukes?

by Anonymousreply 223February 18, 2020 3:11 AM

Get him, Madame Speaker!

Burn those sniveling traitors to the motherfucking GROUND!

by Anonymousreply 224February 18, 2020 3:55 AM

Looking back, people should have taken to the streets when Merrick Garland was denied his rightful nomination.

That was some seriously fucked up shit, pardon my French.

Obama should have sued. Taken the rethugs to court.

At any rate, we all thought Hillary was going to win so it didn’t seem so urgent.

If Dems don’t take another chamber or branch soon then they will have to Ukraine those assholes out of there. It was the only solution that worked for them. It was the same M.o. they had about 30-40 percent of wackos In that country as well, nazis basically but the majority came through. That NEEDS to happen here.

by Anonymousreply 225February 18, 2020 6:24 AM

FCI r222 is like screaming SPOILER ALERT!

by Anonymousreply 226February 18, 2020 6:30 AM

R218 Wilbur the Cocksucker Pig is worth $2.5B

by Anonymousreply 227February 18, 2020 7:21 AM

The tale of Wilbur the Cocksucker Pig is yet to be written.

Asset seizure will be important.

by Anonymousreply 228February 18, 2020 7:42 AM

R215 - thank you for mentioning Senator Harris's questioning with that fat pig during his confirmation. She had his number from day 1 and most of us paying attention already knew what an evil, disaster of a human being he was going to be as AG. His little "love letter" to Plump said it all before he was even rushed through his Senate confirmation process. Any chance to watch Kamala grill a Trump goon is music to my ears.

by Anonymousreply 229February 18, 2020 9:00 AM

Congress needs to call in Barr's ass immediately,. not six weeks from now.

by Anonymousreply 230February 18, 2020 9:08 AM

Valentine's Day advice

by Anonymousreply 231February 18, 2020 10:40 AM

[quote]Congress needs to call in Barr's ass immediately,. not six weeks from now

If we know that, Nancy must know that.

During the next six weeks, there may be an avalanche of revelation that makes Barr’s impeachment and disbarment a foregone conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 232February 18, 2020 10:44 AM

Nothing is a foregone conclusion with rogue's gallery of criminal miscreants.

by Anonymousreply 233February 18, 2020 11:39 AM

[quote]NOTHING! Demanding Bill Barr to resign is like demanding Donald Trump to provide his taxes. They're just going thru the motions. Some Democrat needs to grow a set and demand that Barr be impeached.

Elizabeth Warren has already called on Barr to resign or be impeached. So what? It's not going to happen. Even if he were impeached by the House, the Senate would once again vote to acquit. Repug Senators hate Trump and they acquitted him. They actually like Barr.

by Anonymousreply 234February 18, 2020 11:46 AM

Looking back R225, we should be taking to the streets now! Instead , on one hand, we're all tearing down the Democratic Presidential candidates while on the other hand, we're hoping that Trump will lose in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 235February 18, 2020 1:01 PM

I heard they were going to discuss disbarring him.

by Anonymousreply 236February 18, 2020 1:33 PM

r223 I believe that was taken care of a while back, so don't worry.

by Anonymousreply 237February 18, 2020 1:36 PM

The Hill:

Trump suggests he may sue over Mueller investigation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238February 18, 2020 1:36 PM

Little known fact: Adrian Monk went to school with Robert Mueller.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239February 18, 2020 1:39 PM

Not to mention Teresa Nardo r239.

by Anonymousreply 240February 18, 2020 1:48 PM

R238, that turd will never sue—he doesn’t want all that redacted shit coming out, as well as info on all the investigations Barr stopped in their tracks.

by Anonymousreply 241February 18, 2020 1:48 PM

Former Deputy AG Under Bush Calls For Barr To Resign | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242February 18, 2020 1:50 PM

I think every person in the country should sue Trump for misrepresenting himself as a President.

by Anonymousreply 243February 18, 2020 1:52 PM

Thank you, r240.

by Anonymousreply 244February 18, 2020 1:53 PM

The idea that as long as Trump stays in office he wins is grossly inaccurate. The impeachment not only demonstrated that Trump doesn't control all branches of government but that he's only being held in place by a Republican political machine that is under no delusions that he is a good or able leader.

by Anonymousreply 245February 18, 2020 1:57 PM

Former Obama Adviser: John Bolton Is ‘Motivated Above All By Profit’ | The Last Word | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246February 18, 2020 2:03 PM

Lawrence: Top Priority For Dems Is A Candidate Who Can Beat Trump | The Last Word | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247February 18, 2020 2:14 PM

People should stop working for this corrupt administration. The DOJ and other government branches in the past always attracted highly qualified graduates and staff. They shouldn't work for corrupt people and do their dirty work.

by Anonymousreply 248February 18, 2020 2:21 PM

Kamala Harris may have had Barrs number at the hearing before the Senate....but Mazie Hirono (Hawaii) was the only one demanding his resignation at that same hearing. The woman has balls the rest only wish they had.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249February 18, 2020 2:38 PM

NYT:

Michael Bloomberg Surges in Poll and Qualifies for Democratic Debate in Las Vegas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250February 18, 2020 2:43 PM

CNN:

Roger Stone judge to discuss case in court amid sentencing chaos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251February 18, 2020 3:02 PM

USA Today:

Federal judges' association calls emergency meeting after DOJ intervenes in case of Trump ally Roger Stone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252February 18, 2020 3:04 PM

Daily Beast:

Trump’s Top Trade Adviser Peter Navarro Has a Side Project: Secretly Hunting for ‘Anonymous’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253February 18, 2020 3:07 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254February 18, 2020 3:20 PM

Every Trump Financial Thread Pulled Results In Scandal | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255February 18, 2020 3:45 PM

Reuters:

U.S. judge keeps Stone sentencing for Thursday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256February 18, 2020 3:47 PM

[quote]‘I could make your life hell’

Them no-show gentleman callers need to learn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257February 18, 2020 3:49 PM

I'm surprised no one has found out for sure who "Anonymous" is

by Anonymousreply 258February 18, 2020 4:09 PM

[quote]The judge said the longtime Republican operative would not need to begin serving his sentence immediately.

Where would he go between being sentenced and serving time?

If he did get a retrial, would he be sitting in jail or at home? If in jail, I say sure give him a retrial.

Maybe Barr will be gone by the time a new sentence is handed down, and the original prosecutors can return.

by Anonymousreply 259February 18, 2020 4:20 PM

Glenn Kirschner:

Some intersting Roger Stone stuff. The defense filed yet another motion for a new trial claiming a juror was biased & shouldn’t have been allowed to serve on the jury. Despite what Dershowitz & Judge Napolitano say, I predict Judge Jackson will deny the motion. Of course, Trump has already impertinently/inappropriately tweeted that the New Trial Motion should be granted. Of course even the newly assigned prosecutors are opposing the New Trial Motion. Let’s see if Barr makes them change THAT the way he made them change the sentencing ask (more to come).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260February 18, 2020 4:26 PM

Judge Decides Not To Delay Roger Stone's Sentencing | Craig Melvin | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261February 18, 2020 5:08 PM

ABC NEWS: President Donald Trump has pardoned Edward DeBartolo Jr., the former San Francisco 49ers owner convicted in a gambling fraud scandal. DeBartolo Jr., who built the San Francisco 49ers’ 1980s-’90s dynasty, was involved in one of the biggest owners’ scandals in the sport’s history.

In 1998, he pleaded guilty to failing to report a felony when he paid $400,000 to former Louisiana Gov. Edwards in exchange for a riverboat gambling license.

President Donald Trump has pardoned Edward DeBartolo Jr., the former San Francisco 49ers owner convicted in a gambling fraud scandal. DeBartolo Jr., who built the San Francisco 49ers’ 1980s-’90s dynasty, was involved in one of the biggest owners’ scandals in the sport’s history.

Edwards served eight years in federal prison.

by Anonymousreply 262February 18, 2020 5:12 PM

Look at Judge Amy finally growing a spine.

Will wonders cease?

by Anonymousreply 263February 18, 2020 5:15 PM

^Let's see what happens on Thursday. She already said he would not need to begin serving his sentence immediately. That doesn't sound good to me.

by Anonymousreply 264February 18, 2020 5:22 PM

I hope she goes through a list of judicial violations she tolerated before she lowers the hammer.

by Anonymousreply 265February 18, 2020 5:41 PM

And now Trump is ready to pardon Blagojevich

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266February 18, 2020 5:46 PM

r264....thats the way Federal prisons work...they dont cart you off from court, they assign a date for you to turn yourself in...though there are always exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 267February 18, 2020 5:54 PM

Regarding R266

“He’s been in jail for seven years over a phone call where nothing happens — over a phone call which he shouldn’t have said what he said, but it was braggadocio, you would say,” Trump told reporters last year. “I would think that there have been many politicians — I’m not one of them, by the way — that have said a lot worse over the telephone.”

Projection at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 268February 18, 2020 6:37 PM

Is that fat fucking cunt never NOT projecting?

I hope Judge Jackson comes down hard on Stone. She has been really forgiving of all his clown antics for the past year and a half or however long it’s been. That needs to end now.

by Anonymousreply 269February 18, 2020 6:45 PM

“Braggadocio.” I wonder who fed him that word. Barr?

by Anonymousreply 270February 18, 2020 7:04 PM

ask trump to spell braggadocio (or it's "cousin" braggart!)...

by Anonymousreply 271February 18, 2020 7:28 PM

CNN:

Trump commutes sentence of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272February 18, 2020 7:39 PM

Don’t forget Rod Blagojevich was a contestant on The Apprentice. Oh and also Trump wears diapers and snorts Adderall.

by Anonymousreply 273February 18, 2020 7:42 PM

r253 Navarro is the dumbass who was always quoting a fellow China "expert" named Ron Vara until it was discoverd Ron Vara was actually just Peter Navarro. Maybe Ron is also Anonymous.

by Anonymousreply 274February 18, 2020 8:33 PM

Black man, black man....

See Trump adviser's reaction when shown strong Obama economic numbers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275February 18, 2020 8:58 PM

^What reaction? It was the typical lying and gaslighting they always do. Even when confronted with facts and numbers they say no it isn't true and talk over you so nobody can hear the truth. I dont get why these mf from CNN don't cut their mics and stop them from lying repeatedly. He just goes on and on and then she even says thank you and we'll have you back. Fuck them! Fuck them all for giving these mf always a forum for their lies.

by Anonymousreply 276February 18, 2020 9:21 PM

Lying from a position of authority on national television should be faced with immediate incarceration.

by Anonymousreply 277February 18, 2020 9:22 PM

R276.. i'm guessing because they, CNN, KNOWS it riles up people like you and me and thus it's the "car accident we can't look away from" meaning will continue to watch and rage and they'll continue to get ratings.... i mean why does CNN keep that nutjob loser weirdo santorum on their panels nearly every night?..to show the "other side"? B.S.!..

hmm, lump i mean trump no i mean lump commutes the sentence of 4 white collar criminals who are beyond guilty! i'm sure it's all a pure coincidence you know coming from the ultimate corruption fighter that is lump..

by Anonymousreply 278February 18, 2020 10:06 PM

Navarro pulls that same shit on the NPR morning news show, but say what you will about Steve Inskeep, he doesn’t let Navarro get away with lying like that.

by Anonymousreply 279February 18, 2020 10:07 PM

I mute or turn the channel when they start gaslighting which is all conservatives know how to do since they can't back anything up with facts.

by Anonymousreply 280February 18, 2020 10:16 PM

R280.. deflection? check! whataboutism? check! insults and laughing? check! ignoring the questions and going on tangents? check! and so it goes!

the entire republican party and their mouthpieces on the media are both like "the boy who didnt' do his homework and says the dog ate it" AND "the boy who when told to write a 500 word essay on some topic, instead of actually doing it, litters it with "you know's" and "it's like" 300 plus times.

by Anonymousreply 281February 18, 2020 11:22 PM

REUTERS: U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday called for all cases stemming from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election to be “thrown out" and suggested he could bring a lawsuit over the matter.

by Anonymousreply 282February 18, 2020 11:41 PM

NYT:

Trump Grants Clemency to Blagojevich, Milken and Kerik

by Anonymousreply 283February 19, 2020 12:13 AM

oops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284February 19, 2020 12:13 AM

The Hill:

Trump suggests he may sue over Mueller investigation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285February 19, 2020 12:20 AM

Dump is all hot air. He’ll never sue. And risk having all the stuff in the investigation that didn’t make the report entered into evidence? Um, no. He’s such an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 286February 19, 2020 12:22 AM

Politico: Top intel office lawyer who handled Ukraine whistleblower complaint resigning

The top lawyer for the intelligence community, whose decision to block a whistleblower's complaint about President Donald Trump and Ukraine from reaching Congress helped jumpstart the impeachment inquiry, is resigning from his post, officials confirmed.

No official reason for Klitenic's departure has been provided. But he became the subject of scrutiny in September when he consulted with the Justice Department and determined that a whistleblower complaint deemed "urgent" by an internal watchdog would not be provided to Congress. House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) demanded access to the complaint after learning it had been blocked — and that it likely pertained to Trump or his senior advisers — and the furor that ensued led to a cascade of support for impeachment in the House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287February 19, 2020 12:23 AM

From the Examiner:

Conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh said President Trump called him to say he should not backtrack on comments he made about Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg's electability as a gay man.

"Hell, the president even called me about this!" Limbaugh said Monday on his show. "He said, 'Rush, I just got to tell you something. Never apologize. Don't ever apologize.'"

by Anonymousreply 288February 19, 2020 12:31 AM

R288 Who cares what that fat, drug addled idiot thinks or says. Also, who cares what Rush has to say.

by Anonymousreply 289February 19, 2020 12:36 AM

The Number 1 problem with this Country's Voters is nobody gives a shit, till they give a shit. Let me explain. I have a co-worker whose special needs daughter is so afflicted, she must live in a state- subsidized group home. Her husband is the manager of a group of community- run mental- health agencies. She herself is considering applying for disability because she was in a serious car accident several months ago for which she has already had one surgery without much improvement. You get my point. In spite of all this, she often tells me her husband is a staunch Republican who " hates the illegal s" and she and he " never talk about politics" because it is too distressing. WTF? When all the news came out about a week ago about Trump's 2020 budget revisions to slash Social infrastructure left and right, I gently suggested, she at least might want to take a look how these revisions might affect her and see if it affected the way SHE would vote. She actually read one of the articles but her response was maddening: " OH THAT'S WHAT THE DEMOCRATS IN THE HOUSE ARE FOR- CHECKS AND BALANCES. I KNOW I CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON GOOD PEOPLE IN OUR COMMUNITY TO MAKE UP FOR OUR VOTES." I swear I * almost* want Trump and his shit-filled revisions to go through so every single hypocritical Republican on Medicaid gets the Shaft.

by Anonymousreply 290February 19, 2020 12:48 AM

R289.. can't we all get a 2-fer in regards to lump and push??

by Anonymousreply 291February 19, 2020 12:49 AM

R290 I see that ALL THE TIME!

by Anonymousreply 292February 19, 2020 12:51 AM

R290.. EVEN THEN, she'll blame the democrats because her cult leader tells her they are the "do nothing democrats" and if they DO do something it's on purpose trying to wreck her cult leader's attempt to help her and others like her out!...she's a lost cause!

by Anonymousreply 293February 19, 2020 12:51 AM

R293 Do as I do now- I gaslight every deplorable I know. They say Nancy tore up the SOTU- I deny it. I say I watched the entire thing and didn't see it. They show me her admitting it and I say someone made it up. The tape is faked because I watched every minute. I do that now for every single thing they say. Oh, the economy is good? I saw where unemployment is really 15% but he is hiding the facts. A lot figure out what I am doing fairly quickly (they know the game well) but a few have almost lost their shit until I tell them, "now you know how it feels suckers."

by Anonymousreply 294February 19, 2020 12:56 AM

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Washington Post: Barr has told those close to Trump he is considering quitting if the president keeps tweeting about Justice Dept. investigations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295February 19, 2020 1:30 AM

[quote]People should stop working for this corrupt administration. The DOJ and other government branches in the past always attracted highly qualified graduates and staff. They shouldn't work for corrupt people and do their dirty work.

And, when they leave, they need to start talking and not stop. All of them. It's ridiculous that those prosecutors quit over Barr's corrupt involvement in the Stone sentencing and have just gone quietly into the night. Are they all waiting for their book deals? It should be illegal to write a book for profit for ten years after you leave the government. They can give interviews, they can write op-eds, they can write books for free but they can't profit. Maybe that will lessen the incentive for them to leave these positions and immediately seek out a book deal instead of doing what's right.

by Anonymousreply 296February 19, 2020 1:41 AM

AP:

GOP campaign donor in Texas among President Trump's pardons

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297February 19, 2020 2:19 AM

NYT:

Trump Admits He Makes Barr’s Job Tougher but Vows to Continue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298February 19, 2020 2:21 AM

USA Today:

Soros calls for Zuckerberg, Sandberg to step down from Facebook in scathing letter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299February 19, 2020 2:24 AM

Pete's response to Limbump:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300February 19, 2020 2:56 AM

I pay no mind to what the right wing dingbats have to say- Pirro, Hannity, Walters, Rush, Michael, Glenn (how many times has he gone from one extreme to the other???)- why even give any of their comments the time of day? Most of them are paid to say those things and probably a good 3/4th of them don't believe a word out of their own mouths. Laugh at them.

by Anonymousreply 301February 19, 2020 2:59 AM

so my prediction is Trump will pardon Stone rather quickly after his sentencing, using the bogus excuse of a tainted jury and hence an unfair trial

Stone's team knew about the jury before the trial. They could have dismissed her if they wanted but chose not to. That's their fault. Maybe they kept her and were planning this "tainted jury" ploy all along though.

Either way I sadly expect Stone to benefit from it

and Barr is clearly protecting Giuliani from prosecution in the SDNY

by Anonymousreply 302February 19, 2020 3:23 AM

I know I broke the impeachment story here and I may break one again. There is talk about it. Serious talk. Right now, there are very few leaks from the Dem side. I've said very little lately here as far as rumors go because there are so many and none were reliable. The guy who told my friend the impeachment inquiry was coming the next day has told my friend there is serious talk about another one. Things are getting out of control at a pace that is not sustainable with having a semblance of the country we've known by election time. They just need a little more rope.

The Dems have been incredibly disciplined I almost feel bad putting this out there.

by Anonymousreply 303February 19, 2020 3:37 AM

R303 hopefully it will happen

with the way Trump and Barr are interfering with DOJ cases something needs to be done. Investigations at the very least

by Anonymousreply 304February 19, 2020 3:40 AM

FCI, the Dems need to impeach bloated Billy barf. HE is the one making it difficult to move any sort of indictment on the rest of this crime kkkabal forward.

Once Rudy gets indicted, his pathetic ass will sing. The DOJ is beyond corrupt

by Anonymousreply 305February 19, 2020 3:51 AM

R305 The impeachment may have been about Barr and not Pres Bone Spurs.

by Anonymousreply 306February 19, 2020 3:57 AM

R305 "Once Rudy gets indicted, his pathetic ass will sing. The DOJ is beyond corrupt"

But he won't. It was in the news this evening the Bill Barr has been doing lots of tampering with the SDNY. Since the day he started his job. He has quietly had several Trump-involved cases dismissed. Including Giuliani's.

by Anonymousreply 307February 19, 2020 4:00 AM

Many posters here said since Barr started, they figured he shut down the Mueller investigation early as well as other investigations. They were dead on.

by Anonymousreply 308February 19, 2020 4:09 AM

I know there are plenty of little cracks in the dike, but I'm waiting for the whole Hoover Dam to collapse.

by Anonymousreply 309February 19, 2020 4:23 AM

FCI - so what the fuck can we do?

by Anonymousreply 310February 19, 2020 4:32 AM

What happened to the Pete troll. He was starting to grow on me.

by Anonymousreply 311February 19, 2020 4:35 AM

What happened to the Pete troll. He was starting to grow on me.

by Anonymousreply 312February 19, 2020 4:35 AM

[quote]I know there are plenty of little cracks in the dike,

Thank you for that tidbit "Conerned" Susan's gynecologist.

by Anonymousreply 313February 19, 2020 7:32 AM

^"concerned"

by Anonymousreply 314February 19, 2020 7:34 AM

R302 Judge Amy will probably give a decent sentence knowing that Trump’s pardon is around the corner.

So he just pardoned all these rich white guys tied directly to him or donors.

by Anonymousreply 315February 19, 2020 8:05 AM

Gym getting challenged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316February 19, 2020 8:14 AM

Trump about the insider trading guy he pardoned: “Paid a large price... he’s done a tremendous job!” Like, what? He knows like 10 phrases.

by Anonymousreply 317February 19, 2020 8:31 AM

I believe that Trump will wait until after the election to go on a pardoning spree of ALL of his criminal cohorts.

11-4-2020 to 1-20-2021 will America's most vulnerable period in history.

by Anonymousreply 318February 19, 2020 8:32 AM

So who is Hope Hicks fucking at the White House this time?

by Anonymousreply 319February 19, 2020 8:51 AM

Isn't it anyone and everyone who wants her?

Isn't she the in-house WH pass arround?

I would think she does a Kellyanne clit flick when the phone rings.

Just one big Syph Pit.

by Anonymousreply 320February 19, 2020 8:55 AM

R319 you mean “...who ISN’T...”?

by Anonymousreply 321February 19, 2020 8:56 AM

so the federal judges are meeting today!

wonder what they'll say. I hope they tell the press

by Anonymousreply 322February 19, 2020 9:27 AM

I love that R294...I'm going to start doing that assuming I ever talk to a deplorable again.

by Anonymousreply 323February 19, 2020 11:24 AM

Thanks, FCI. You are a gentleman and a scholar, and at least you gave us a little hope. Not Hicks, thank god.

by Anonymousreply 324February 19, 2020 11:28 AM

This spate of pardons all coming together and all involving rich, white guys who have some connection to tRump or whose relatives have given exorbitant sums of money to Drumph’s re-election scam is exceptionally corrosive to the rule of law. If you’re rich and connected to Cheatolini you can commit crimes with impunity and you’ll get off — especially if he thinks the sentence is “tremendously unfair” and you’ve paid him a lot of money.

Justice for sale. Despicable. Just like so much that he and his cronies have done over the past three years.

by Anonymousreply 325February 19, 2020 11:29 AM

I take a little bit of heart in the idea that Trump's doing "last month of the presidency"-style pardons right now. Maybe he knows something about April onward that we don't?

by Anonymousreply 326February 19, 2020 12:13 PM

I think the pardons are part of Trump's post-impeachment "I can do whatever the fuck I want" tour of abysmal behavior.

by Anonymousreply 327February 19, 2020 12:29 PM

R311, the Pete troll has moved on. He's now the Bloomberg troll.

by Anonymousreply 328February 19, 2020 12:40 PM

[quote]What happened to the Pete troll. He was starting to grow on me.

By the way r311, there is a cream for that.

by Anonymousreply 329February 19, 2020 12:43 PM

R306, FCI, Brilliant! I never even thought of that. I'd love to see Barr impeached and disbarred. Although, Trump would probably replace Barr with someone like Troy Gowdy.

by Anonymousreply 330February 19, 2020 12:44 PM

[quote]"Hell, the president even called me about this!" Limbaugh said Monday on his show. "He said, 'Rush, I just got to tell you something. Never apologize. Don't ever apologize.'"

Sociopathy 101. Everything else flows from this. Trump is always right and best, which means everyone else is wrong and nowhere.

No wonder he now seeks to rewrite the history of Mueller and Impeachment. It's a deep insanity.

Cautious mention above of another impeachment is almost too much to hope for, but hope we must. Trump's hack historians will be busy indeed.

by Anonymousreply 331February 19, 2020 1:20 PM

This is what FCI was talking about when he said Dems are very happy with their internal polling.

Raw Story: ‘Democrats are angry’: Polling shows a ‘massive blue wave’ is rising in America’s cities

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332February 19, 2020 1:20 PM

Re impeaching Barr, I assume that 2/3rds of the Senate need to vote for removing him? Similar to the president? Honestly, he should just resign before it comes to this.

by Anonymousreply 333February 19, 2020 1:22 PM

R332, thank goodness that the Democrats are FINALLY getting angry instead of just sitting around saying how unprecedented everything Trump does is.

by Anonymousreply 334February 19, 2020 1:32 PM

[quote]Raw Story: ‘Democrats are angry’: Polling shows a ‘massive blue wave’ is rising in America’s cities

Blue waves in cities don't help. That's just Hillary winning the popular vote by a lot, while losing the EC.

by Anonymousreply 335February 19, 2020 1:34 PM

R301.. i hear you what your saying about laughing at the likes of pirro, hannity and others ... the idea that however they all do it for money and don't believe what they say coming out of their mouths, makes them even WORSE people! even BIGGER whores!.... sickening and beyond shameful!..

by Anonymousreply 336February 19, 2020 1:37 PM

[quote] Re impeaching Barr, I assume that 2/3rds of the Senate need to vote for removing him? Similar to the president? Honestly, he should just resign before it comes to this.

Yes. It is two-thirds for all impeachments.

And, you are correct that he should just resign. And possibly will. It’s why no Cabinet members have been impeached — the President usually just gets rid of them. They weren’t elected, they were selected, and serve for a short period of time, unlike federal judges (which comprise the vast majority of impeachments) who have lifetime appointments.

by Anonymousreply 337February 19, 2020 1:53 PM

[quote]Blue waves in cities don't help.

From the article:

[quote] One factor that led to Trump’s defeat of Hillary Clinton in 2016 was lower turnout in Midwestern cities such as Detroit and Milwaukee — but there are indications that trend is reversing four years later. “In large urban areas of the upper Midwest, a region that includes swing states Michigan and Wisconsin, for example, the number of people who said they were ‘certain’ to vote in the upcoming presidential election rose by 10 percentage points to 67 percent compared with survey responses from 2015,” Reuters reports.

by Anonymousreply 338February 19, 2020 2:09 PM

R335, that’s so wrong, see r338 for one. The Democratic wave in 2018 was all about the turnout (Blue) in urban areas, which makes up for the turnout (red) in rural areas. This was across many states. In Pennsylvania, the voter turnout in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh was light, allowing Rump to overcome the Democratic edge those cities provided in 2008 and 2012. The article is very good news for Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 339February 19, 2020 2:26 PM

Washington Post:

Barr has told those close to Trump he is considering quitting over the president’s tweets about Justice Dept. investigations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340February 19, 2020 3:06 PM

NYT:

As Trump Claims to Be Law of the Land, Barr’s Irritation Builds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341February 19, 2020 3:07 PM

CNN:

Top Pentagon policy official expected to depart administration

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342February 19, 2020 3:09 PM

Yeah right, Barr is totally quitting r340.

See Faux News: DOJ shuts down rumours that Barr will step down over Trump's tweets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343February 19, 2020 3:16 PM

Bloomberg:

Pentagon Policy Chief in Ukraine-Aid Case Exits Under Pressure

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344February 19, 2020 3:23 PM

Bloated toad Barr isn't going to resign any time soon.

He begged for this job to help install a dictator. No way is he going to stop now.

He's just getting anxious that his mask has been stripped off and that the entire Galaxy sees what he's doing. And he can no longer hide his fat ass behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 345February 19, 2020 3:23 PM

[quote]So who is Hope Hicks fucking at the White House this time?

Very doubtful Stephen Miller is partaking.

by Anonymousreply 346February 19, 2020 3:43 PM

If Barr leaves he doesn't get his final payment for his treasonous behavior. He’s sticking it out to get $$ since he will be a pariah in legal & social circles if we ever get rid of trump.

by Anonymousreply 347February 19, 2020 3:48 PM

Stephen Miller gets married.

Did DL miss this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348February 19, 2020 3:58 PM

Pardon the Fox News link, but Ana Navarro has Fox pissed.

[quote]CNN’s Ana Navarro was hit with an onslaught of criticism for mocking White House senior adviser Stephen Miller on his wedding day by saying, “God help us. It’s going to procreate.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349February 19, 2020 4:07 PM

Hope Hicks is Trump's fluffer. Flat out. Like Roger Ailes, he likes to surround himself with "classy hot broads" that look like high priced call girls dressed to look inconspicuous in the hotel elevator.

by Anonymousreply 350February 19, 2020 4:16 PM

Cross posting from the bernie thread:

Bernies spokesperson compares asking for his medical records to “Birtherism” and falsely claims Bloomberg had a heart attack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351February 19, 2020 4:22 PM

R21, The "themselves" isn't non-binary gender speak. The word clearly refers to the ELECTORS. There is no legal reason both candidates cannot be from the same state.

It's strictly about attracting voters that such a circumstance is rare.

by Anonymousreply 352February 19, 2020 4:32 PM

Asked about a NYT story alleging that Barr is thinking of resigning, Rachel Maddow responds: "A person familiar with Attorney General Barr's thinking, speaking from inside of Attorney General Barr's mouth"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353February 19, 2020 4:35 PM

If the house starts impeachment proceedings on Barr, Trump will get rid of him. He wouldn't be able to stand all of the attention Barr would be getting and he will think that it doesn't make him (trump) look good.

by Anonymousreply 354February 19, 2020 4:56 PM

Great, so why doesn’t the House announce that they’re doing just that, R354. Today.

by Anonymousreply 355February 19, 2020 5:17 PM

For those people who think that the rising tide of of the Blue Wave will hit the brick wall of the Electoral College...a thought.

There is growing optimism that the Senate will flip. (send money to Dems challenging Republican Senators)

If this happens, then Trump is dead in the water even if he is reelected.

It's the Senate Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 356February 19, 2020 5:32 PM

I think this whole Barr nonsense is Kabuki theater. He isn't resigning.

by Anonymousreply 357February 19, 2020 5:39 PM

Donald Trump offered Julian Assange a pardon if he would say Russia was not involved in leaking Democratic party emails, a court in London has been told. The extraordinary claim was made at Westminster magistrates court before the opening next week of Assange’s legal battle to block attempts to extradite him to the US.

Assange’s barrister, Edward Fitzgerald QC, referred to evidence alleging that the former US Republican congressman Dana Rohrabacher had been to see Assange, now 48, while he was still in the Ecuadorian embassy in August 2017.

A statement from Assange’s lawyer Jennifer Robinson shows “Mr Rohrabacher going to see Mr Assange and saying, on instructions from the president, he was offering a pardon or some other way out, if Mr Assange … said Russia had nothing to do with the DNC leaks”, Fitzgerald told Westminster magistrates court. District Judge Vanessa Baraitser, who is hearing the case at Westminster, said the evidence is admissible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358February 19, 2020 5:41 PM

Ahhhh, Dana Rohrabacher, the one on the Russian payroll...

by Anonymousreply 359February 19, 2020 5:43 PM

Of course not, R357. This WaPo headline

[quote]Barr has told those close to Trump he is considering quitting over the president’s tweets about Justice Dept. investigations

should really read

[quote]Barr has told those close to Trump to leak a nonsense story about him quitting to send the press scurrying after the latest shiny so he can continue to subvert laws in peace

by Anonymousreply 360February 19, 2020 5:43 PM

I wondered when Dana Rohrabacher's name was going to come up again. That guy was a huge piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 361February 19, 2020 5:45 PM

AP:

Lawyer: Assange was offered US pardon if he cleared Russia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362February 19, 2020 5:47 PM

[quote]Ahhhh, Dana Rohrabacher, the one on the Russian payroll...

Along with Trump, of course.

by Anonymousreply 363February 19, 2020 5:48 PM

The tRUMP administration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364February 19, 2020 5:50 PM

DOJ Memo Shows Barr's Lid On Reported Giuliani Investigation | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365February 19, 2020 5:54 PM

This remains an evergreen....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366February 19, 2020 6:00 PM

Stephen Miller's wife has Meghan Markle dangling tendrils.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 367February 19, 2020 6:08 PM

More freeper homophobia:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368February 19, 2020 6:34 PM

ANY TIME NOW GOD TO USE YOUR THUNDERBOLTS AND STRIKE DOWN that living breathing worse then a piece of shit gorka!...

by Anonymousreply 369February 19, 2020 6:41 PM

Perhaps one of the reasons no African-American women work in the WH?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370February 19, 2020 6:57 PM

NYT:

E. Jean Carroll Says Elle Magazine Fired Her After Trump Rape Accusation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371February 19, 2020 7:07 PM

As bad as Trump's behavior is, the Republican controlled U.S. Senate gave him a green light to do whatever he wants. They confirmed Barr, other scoundrels in the Cabinet, dozens of questionably qualified, pro-corporate/right-wing ideologue judges. Mitch McConnell & cohorts need to share full responsibility for the mess. When they had a chance to change course, they doubled-downed on Trump.

by Anonymousreply 372February 19, 2020 7:10 PM

Oh Sarah, you are not a Buttigieg fan. Agree though, the media has dismissed Pete. But you and your other Trumpsters have an agenda to push Bernie for the Democratic nod. Contrary to your message, the media is covering Bernie non-stop. Sounds like you're afraid of Bloomberg?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373February 19, 2020 7:28 PM

Bernie’s spokeswoman is spinning all questions in the Kelly anne Conway vein. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 374February 19, 2020 7:31 PM

So, Trump used Rohrabacher in 2017 to try to convince Assange that if he lied about Russias interference in the DNC hack , Trump would pardon him ?

Isnt that TREASON ?

by Anonymousreply 375February 19, 2020 8:21 PM

Sorry....link for ^^^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376February 19, 2020 8:22 PM

Tom Nichols:

My guess is that Dana Rohrabacher could walk into court tomorrow, put his hand on a Bible, and say that Russia paid Assange, Trump knew it, and Trump offered Assange a pardon, and the average Trumper would say: "That's how you make America great."

by Anonymousreply 377February 19, 2020 8:47 PM

Oh, but it's not TREASON, treason, r375!

by Anonymousreply 378February 19, 2020 8:49 PM

We're moving back to the middle ages as Trump sells forgiveness.

by Anonymousreply 379February 19, 2020 9:39 PM

So how will Fox News spin this? Because you know they aren't going to tell the truth.

by Anonymousreply 380February 19, 2020 10:26 PM

MEANWHILE, blagojevich is making comments basically saying he's innocent, always was, wrongly convicted, wrongly sentenced, and so on...

NOT ONE OUNCE OF ANY humility, forgiveness, shame, guilt much less i was wrong and i'm sorry! oh yeah, he also stated he's a "trump-crat" and will vote for trump....and he's going to be a "fighter" for prison and criminal reform! lol! yeah, maybe he can work with o.j. on that!..

the ego and/or evil of such a person is shocking.. TRULY thinks he did nothing wrong?!..

by Anonymousreply 381February 19, 2020 11:11 PM

[quote]We're moving back to the middle ages as Trump sells forgiveness.

Simple, but impressive, statement. WW

by Anonymousreply 382February 19, 2020 11:31 PM

Trumpsters cheer their idol like he is a rock star or a top athlete. They don’t know or care what he is doing and they don’t think it matters anyway. You can never fight emotional attachment with reasoned arguments. The only hope is to forget about converting his fans and just outnumber them at the polls.

by Anonymousreply 383February 19, 2020 11:46 PM

R383 true and the thing is THERE IS MORE OF US THEN OF THEM!..

by Anonymousreply 384February 19, 2020 11:53 PM

[quote] blagojevich is making comments basically saying he's innocent, always was, wrongly convicted, wrongly sentenced, and so on

I’ve worked on dozens of requests for sentence reduction and a few pardon/clemency applications. One criteria that we always looked for was acceptance of responsibility and remorse for the criminal acts that the defendant had committed. Clearly tRump doesn’t give a rat’s ass. He doesn’t care about guilt or innocence or evidence.

by Anonymousreply 385February 20, 2020 12:43 AM

Anybody who is freaking out about our nominees needs to understand all the good or great campaign workers are spread thin. Once we get down to at least 2 nominees, things will sort themselves out. Don't let concern trolls or Russian trolls or division trolls make you feel hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 386February 20, 2020 3:31 AM

I sincerely doubt that we will winnow down to 2 or 3. We have a solid six now who seem determined to see it through to the convention.

We will see Super Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 387February 20, 2020 5:21 AM

Trump really is an asshole. Barr has been doing his dirty work for months now at the DOJ and Trump keeps tweeting and tweeting. Bet he'll get the Trump treatment soon if he doesn't follow his tweet orders "and cleans his house".

by Anonymousreply 388February 20, 2020 5:42 AM

Things can happen when you're a fat, old man under constant and unrelenting stress.

Bad things.

by Anonymousreply 389February 20, 2020 6:03 AM

Thanks for that, FCI. We need to keep each other focused and calm, and you just helped me.

by Anonymousreply 390February 20, 2020 9:20 AM

[quote]. Once we get down to at least 2 nominees, things will sort themselves out. Don't let concern trolls or Russian trolls or division trolls make you feel hopeless.

I am a voting Democrat for decades, and am in none of the categories you mentioned. That noted, after last night's debate, I am disgusted. There was little challenge to largely anointed front-runner, Bernie Sanders. Winners: Sanders (for nomination), Trump, and Russia.

Fricking NBC/MSNBC asked zero questions about Trump's currently enhanced disruption of the judicial system. When Chuck Todd asked the one best question late, I was already frustrated in seeing where all this is going. None of the candidates tried to inject the matter in their commentaries.

The DNC Chair, T. Perez, has not delivered effective leadership.

I'll vote for Pete in a primary in several days.

The system will deliver Sanders vs Trump. Do I need to say who wins this? Pointing out Trump's corruption, vulgarities, incompetencies, authoritarian cravings, environmental destruction, etc., may all be in vain because a golden opportunity to rid the country, and world, of Trump is being squandered.

by Anonymousreply 391February 20, 2020 1:27 PM

Fucking Bernie. I’m over that old man and his grievance loop.

by Anonymousreply 392February 20, 2020 1:30 PM

R392, that's exactly what it is. People are missing this. BErnie is literally the Grievance Candidate the Trump of the Left. Instead asshole pundits keep touting Bloomberg as Trump'a mirror image. He isn't. He is a Pragmatist. Progressive in some areas and moderate in others. I'm not a Bloomberg supporter, but I'm definitely not pro Bernie. He will accumulate delegates with less than 40% support. The Dems a re doing what the Republicans did in 2016. All these candidates have split up the Not Bernie vote and because Bernie has a clearly defined personality and a cult following (like Trump) he is pulling ahead. I'm very worried.

by Anonymousreply 393February 20, 2020 1:34 PM

ABC:

Trump continues to defy Barr's warnings to stop tweeting about Justice Department

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394February 20, 2020 2:19 PM

Yahoo:

Rohrabacher confirms he offered Trump pardon to Assange for proof Russia didn’t hack DNC email

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395February 20, 2020 2:28 PM

Reuters:

Trump adviser Roger Stone faces judge who will sentence him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396February 20, 2020 2:30 PM

Amen r393 Bernie will take us nowhere

Im still for Mike Bloomberg, e warren was feisty but she can’t beat Trump.

My female pal worked for Mike, he’s smart, he hires the best, doesn’t take bs or excuses, results oriented. He gives a shit ton of money to progressive causes. He is not warm and fuzzy but i don't need to hang out with him i need him to get Trump the fuck out of here and for him to undo the trump mess.

by Anonymousreply 397February 20, 2020 2:49 PM

Washington Post:

Trump, tweeting a Tucker Carlson segment, hints of possible pardon for Roger Stone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398February 20, 2020 3:02 PM

Whatever happened to Manafort? I guess he's just leaving him in jail?

by Anonymousreply 399February 20, 2020 3:09 PM

The prospect of having the first Jewish president during the worst surge in white supremacy since the 1920s is going to make heads explode throughout the political spectrum. Seen from that perspective, I think Bernie has a better chance than Bloomberg. Like Obama, Bernie has the personal warmth and social skills to endear himself to the public. Bloomberg is just a prick.

by Anonymousreply 400February 20, 2020 3:17 PM

[quote]Like Obama, Bernie has the personal warmth and social skills to endear himself to the public.

When is he going to start using them?

by Anonymousreply 401February 20, 2020 3:18 PM

W/W shout-out to r401!

by Anonymousreply 402February 20, 2020 3:23 PM

CNN:

Susan Rice tells John Bolton that withholding testimony is 'inconceivable'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403February 20, 2020 3:26 PM

Slightly off topic: When is anyone going to mention that Jane Sanders, our potential next First Lady, is a nasty-ass grifter who embezzled $$$ from and totally fucked up that university. And the power behind Bernie's throne, who has constantly pushed for him to use campaign money for trips, and luxury items and more homes????

by Anonymousreply 404February 20, 2020 3:26 PM

^ r403

I thought a lot about if I had been in that position how would I have approached it, and I'll be honest: It's inconceivable to me that if I had firsthand knowledge of gross abuse of presidential power that I would withhold my testimony from a constitutional accountability process," said Rice, who served in the Obama administration, Wednesday while sitting next to Bolton at an event at Vanderbilt University in Nashville.

Bolton, whose upcoming book is poised to contain details about President Donald Trump and his pressure campaign in Ukraine, did not provide testimony to either the House or Senate as part of the President's impeachment. At Wednesday's event, Bolton noted that he had not been subpoenaed for such information.

"In no case did I say I would reject a subpoena," he said.

"I can't imagine withholding my testimony with or without a subpoena," Rice countered.

Rice pointed to the fact that a number of Bolton's former subordinates on the National Security Council, like Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman and Fiona Hill, testified during the House impeachment probe and were subsequently attacked. Both had received subpoenas. Vindman was fired from the White House in recent weeks and was reassigned to the Pentagon.

"That, to me, makes it even more difficult, as a former national security adviser, not being willing to come forward," Rice said. "I would feel like I was shamefully violating the oath that I took to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic."

by Anonymousreply 405February 20, 2020 3:28 PM

R394, is that for real or just a game that Trump and Barr are playing to keep us off balance so we don't pay attention to more damage that they are doing to our country and the justice system?

by Anonymousreply 406February 20, 2020 3:32 PM

If we're going to be stuck with Putin's second favorite candidate in spitting Sanders, we need to concentrate on winning back the Senate.

With the house and Senate, we can get some shit fixed and impeach some of those unqualified judges turtle rammed through.

by Anonymousreply 407February 20, 2020 3:51 PM

40 months for Stone?!? Not enough.

by Anonymousreply 408February 20, 2020 4:36 PM

Pardon before he turns himself in.

by Anonymousreply 409February 20, 2020 4:38 PM

has the judge explained why only 40 months?

what the fuck happened to 7-9 years?

3 years and 4 months is very low

by Anonymousreply 410February 20, 2020 4:41 PM

our entire system has become a joke. we send those to jail who are innocent and we keep those out that are connected. Even if he isn't pardoned how much of that time would he actually have to do?

by Anonymousreply 411February 20, 2020 4:44 PM

^I thought federal prison was different and you can't get out after serving only 50%.

DL lawyers?

by Anonymousreply 412February 20, 2020 4:48 PM

Reuters:

Judge sentences Trump adviser Stone to 3 years and 4 months in prison

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413February 20, 2020 5:01 PM

Reuters:

Trump's deputy national security adviser Victoria Coates leaving White House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414February 20, 2020 5:05 PM

The Hill:

Trump decries lack of 'fairness' in Stone trial ahead of sentencing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415February 20, 2020 5:06 PM

Reuters:

Trump's acting intelligence chief Grenell says won't be tapped for permanent post

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416February 20, 2020 5:08 PM

This is just such gross abuse of power.

[quote]President Donald Trump has taken the pardon process away from the Justice Department and given more direct control to son-in-law Jared Kushner and former Florida attorney general Pam Bondi.

[quote]The president granted clemency Tuesday to a group of 11 political allies, Fox News regulars and others, and he has put together an informal task force overseen by Kushner to recommend and vet new candidates, reported the Washington Post.

[quote]The group has been meeting since late last year, after Kushner recommended taking away control of the process away from the Department of Justice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417February 20, 2020 5:15 PM

I still expect Trump to pardon Stone sooner rather than later

for the people saying it wouldn't be wise politically to do it until the election, why not? Trump gets away with everything he does and the dumbass repub party doesn't give a shit so I don't see why it would be so costly to pardon Stone even today. Of course I'd love it if Stone had to serve at least 7 months in jail but I'm not counting on it

by Anonymousreply 418February 20, 2020 5:26 PM

Post election, won or lost, will be a Trump pardon fest.

by Anonymousreply 419February 20, 2020 5:29 PM

Politico:

Trump allies target Mueller team, one by one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420February 20, 2020 5:47 PM

USA Today:

Roger Stone juror Seth Cousins defends forewoman Tomeka Hart after Trump's claim of 'significant bias'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421February 20, 2020 5:50 PM

Stone gets to stay out of prison until the judge rules on his request for a new trial. Y'know, the same kind of treatment a 20-year-old black man convicted of a crime would get in this country.

by Anonymousreply 422February 20, 2020 5:54 PM

And Flynn's judge has let him fuck around and stay out of jail for over three years. I don't know if these judges are Trump lackeys, scared or just incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 423February 20, 2020 6:03 PM

Stone probably wants to go to jail for awhile for some BBC, we know how he loves the BBC.

by Anonymousreply 424February 20, 2020 6:06 PM

Washington Post:

Strange scenes at Roger Stone’s sentencing raise even more questions about William Barr

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425February 20, 2020 6:28 PM

Washington Post:

Roger Stone sentenced to three years and four months in prison

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426February 20, 2020 6:30 PM

Roger Stone looks like a villain in Batman.

by Anonymousreply 427February 20, 2020 6:40 PM

yeah it really pisses me off how lenient the Stone and Flynn judges have been. Those 2 and their attorneys have had all sorts of obnoxious entitled antics yet they keep delaying everything. THAT'S THEIR GOAL so they spend as little time in jail as possible

at least Manafort is in jail

by Anonymousreply 428February 20, 2020 6:51 PM

The whistleblower's lawyer is getting death threats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429February 20, 2020 7:12 PM

R429 well at least they indicted him.

Those deplorable animals need to learn they can't behave this way even if their idol gets away with it

by Anonymousreply 430February 20, 2020 8:02 PM

Well R427, Dump is like the Penguin getting elected mayor of Gotham City, and letting all his crooked friends out of jail, so it all fits.

by Anonymousreply 431February 20, 2020 8:11 PM

That's a gross insult to Penguin. And to Gotham City. And to Penguin's crooked friends.

by Anonymousreply 432February 20, 2020 8:28 PM

Maxine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433February 20, 2020 8:59 PM

if Grenell was tapped for a permanent post he would have to be approved by the Senate which he would not be. SO this way they can come and go without needing approval.

by Anonymousreply 434February 20, 2020 9:27 PM

NYT:

Russia Backs Trump’s Re-election, and He Fears Democrats Will Exploit Its Support

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435February 20, 2020 9:49 PM

I mean we all knew Russia was helping Trump. I don't think they ever stopped?

by Anonymousreply 436February 20, 2020 10:07 PM

So much for all those who claimed Trump was so damaged Putin no longer wants him.

Putin wants the US to be riven by instability. So he will work to augment the most extreme candidates. Putin wants to disembowel the political mainstream.

If he can’t re-elect Trump on the right, he will unleash his bots in support of the most extreme candidate on the left.

by Anonymousreply 437February 20, 2020 10:40 PM

[bold]GOP lawmaker Matt Gaetz calls for Trump to pardon Roger Stone[/bold]

(CNN)Rep. Matt Gaetz, a longtime defender of President Donald Trump, said the President should pardon longtime Trump confidant Roger Stone.

Asked on ABC's daytime talk show "The View" just before Stone was sentenced to 40 months in prison whether he thought Trump should grant Stone a pardon, the Florida Republican replied, "I do, and I think that it requires a review of the pardon power."

Despite "View" co-host Meghan McCain's objection that Stone was "the swampiest swamp creature," Gaetz said, "Trump has pardoned 26 people. (Former President Barack) Obama pardoned over 1,700. (Former President) Bill Clinton pardoned 459."

When asked whether pardon power should be reviewed and curbed, Gaetz argued that "if you look at the original intent of pardon power, it cannot be limited."

"I would agree that Roger Stone should be pardoned if for no other reason than that there has been a double standard in this country," he added, before listing several former Justice Department and intelligence community officials whom Trump and his supporters have accused of political bias and not having faced consequences.

McCain later addressed the topic of conservative female voters in 2020, asking Gaetz what he would say to women like her who "still hold back" over Trump's comments disparaging women and veterans. "Donald Trump has a unique ability to get people who don't necessarily agree with him to vote for him," he said. "And so I think for women, we're going to have to make the argument particularly that 72% of the new jobs created in this economy have been filled by women."

Noting that "a lot of women are concerned about the revenue in their family and whether it's going to support careers and opportunity" for their families, Gaetz said that "with 7 million new jobs being created, people coming off of welfare, America is in a sense of great renewal," calling Trump "a comeback President."

by Anonymousreply 438February 20, 2020 10:52 PM

Gaetz is disgusting

by Anonymousreply 439February 20, 2020 10:54 PM

I'm just curious how many of the eligible non-voters of 2016 will be paying attention and will vote this year. Do they fucking care?

by Anonymousreply 440February 20, 2020 11:11 PM

So is this Russia story the thing FCI was teasing? Trump literally fired the person who briefed Congress about it.

by Anonymousreply 441February 20, 2020 11:32 PM

So now we know why Dump fired DNI Joe McGuire and replaced him with that toady Grennell.

by Anonymousreply 442February 20, 2020 11:36 PM

Never forget. Republicans are the party of cheaters and liars. Anyone who votes repuke is just fine with cheating and lying to "win." Of course, it's not winning, it's stealing.

Republicans are the party of craven criminal assholes.

by Anonymousreply 443February 20, 2020 11:47 PM

Is Phil Ehr the only challenger to Matt Gaetz? I'm considering making a donation.

by Anonymousreply 444February 20, 2020 11:47 PM

@MajorCBS confirms intelligence officials told lawmakers that Russia is trying to help Trump win the 2020 election. When the President found out about the briefing, he “blew his stack” and repeatedly said “This is bullshit.”

by Anonymousreply 445February 20, 2020 11:50 PM

From r435:

"During the briefing to the House Intelligence Committee, Mr. Trump’s allies challenged the conclusions, arguing that he has been tough on Russia and strengthened European security. Some intelligence officials viewed the briefing as a tactical error, saying that had the official who delivered the conclusion spoken less pointedly or left it out, they would have avoided angering the Republicans."

by Anonymousreply 446February 20, 2020 11:53 PM

Those news reports say Russia is interfering in our Democratic primaries. I wonder if that's just the Hunter Biden stuff or if there is more going on. It's time for the intelligence community to leak what it knows. Voters deserve to know what is going on.

by Anonymousreply 447February 20, 2020 11:54 PM

Politico:

Trump, RNC announce $10 million plan to battle Dems on voting lawsuits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448February 20, 2020 11:57 PM

Impeach the fucker again. And again and again.

by Anonymousreply 449February 20, 2020 11:59 PM

My partner is watching Trump's Klan rally, because he likes to scream at the TV or something, and Trump is even crazier than usual. I mean that sincerely. At one point he pretended to choke himself for several seconds, then he spent 20 minutes reading polls from 2016 showing he won his debates. Then he started talking about a general, but nobody knows what general he's talking about. I truly hate every person who supports this insane clown.

by Anonymousreply 450February 21, 2020 12:12 AM

[quote]Republicans are the party of craven criminal assholes.

And what never ceases to astound me is how they're all out in the open with it -- they don't even bother trying to hide it anymore. But I guess why should they when it's clear that there are enough fucking idiots out there willing to vote for them no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 451February 21, 2020 12:13 AM

R450, I also read that he was having trouble speaking. Slurring and unable to pronounce words, even simple words, more than usual.

by Anonymousreply 452February 21, 2020 12:18 AM

CNN:

Russia is looking to help Trump win in 2020, election security official told lawmakers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453February 21, 2020 12:23 AM

Nicolle: Trump's Comments On Roger Stone Have Us On 'Pardon Watch' | Deadline | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454February 21, 2020 12:36 AM

He can't pardon a co-conspirator...

by Anonymousreply 455February 21, 2020 12:38 AM

Kompromat to the extreme. A bunch of LG tweets. Every tweet is sycophantic.

Does Judge Kavanaugh appreciate his pic with LG being used in these bizzare commentaries contrary to judicial ethics?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456February 21, 2020 1:22 AM

Doesn’t this renew the calls for new bills that address election security?

by Anonymousreply 457February 21, 2020 1:31 AM

I believe the Russians have been fucking with the primaries and I have no doubt they are on Bernie's team. No doubt at all. Tulsi flamed out but Bernie will do just fine, and they have been planning on Bernie 2020, for at least the past two years.

by Anonymousreply 458February 21, 2020 1:44 AM

Cuomo argues Trump isn't normalizing corruption; GOP is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459February 21, 2020 2:10 AM

R459 One and the same.

by Anonymousreply 460February 21, 2020 2:12 AM

This is it, folks. If people don’t organize and put an end to this treachery now then it’s all over. I seriously don’t get why people are sitting around waiting on superman.

There is 300+ million people here and everybody’s just going to sit by and watch it all go down the tubes?

by Anonymousreply 461February 21, 2020 2:12 AM

What exactly does it say about the state of our federal criminal justice system when the Department of Justice convicts a defendant, who is a friend of the pResident, (1) after indictment by a grand jury, (2) after a trial conducted by a well respected and highly experienced federal judge, and (3) in front of a jury selected by both the prosecutors and the defense — and then, immediately following sentencing, the pResident threatens to pardon this felon, who also happens to be Dotard’s co-conspirator.

Disgusting. Despicable. This completely destroys any trust that the system is fair — because it’s not. This is such a failure. The prosecutors at the Department of Justice must be demoralized.

I hate and despise this fucker.

by Anonymousreply 462February 21, 2020 2:25 AM

1 man can't do it alone. It's the repub politicians and repub media that allow Trump to do all this. They back him no matter what and keep pumping propaganda that Democrats are the problem. On Fox they're acting like Roger Stone is some innocent guy who had an unfair trial. It's just madness.

The other problem is the apathetic eligible non-voters. More of them did show up in the 2018 midterms but not enough to win the Senate. Will they show up this year is the most important quesiton.

The repub politicians and repub media won't stop so it's the public who must act

by Anonymousreply 463February 21, 2020 2:39 AM

r462, you missed the big point in that the crimes he committed were in concert with his co-conspirator, the president.

Exactly like Cohen but with a ton of lies and witness tampering.

by Anonymousreply 464February 21, 2020 2:41 AM

I didn’t miss it R464 — it’s why I said:

[quote] the pResident threatens to pardon this felon, [bold] who also happens to be Dotard’s co-conspirator. [/bold]

I could have been more explicit, but I wasn’t ignoring the fact.

by Anonymousreply 465February 21, 2020 3:03 AM

It is breath taking but not at all surprising how corrupt to the core the GOP is.

by Anonymousreply 466February 21, 2020 3:05 AM

oh for fuck's sake!

Kash Patel, former Nunes aide, is reportedly going to be a senior adviser to Grenell at the DNI. Remember Patel was the one who got named during the House Impeachment hearings as the back channel to Trump about Ukraine.

this is going to be so damn dangerous to have those 2 pieces of shit in there fucking things up

by Anonymousreply 467February 21, 2020 3:14 AM

Why does everybody keep asking Dems how much their programs are going to cost? No one ever asks the GOP how much all the shit they do costs or when it blows up the deficit. Never again will I care about the deficit. Whoever is our nominee, they can spend 10 trillion or 40 trillion. FUCK IT. The GOP never pays for their deficit busting shit, why should we keep being the responsible party?

by Anonymousreply 468February 21, 2020 3:18 AM

latest news is now Trump is considering Doug Collins for DNI role

as if he wasn't bad enough in House hearings and on Fox propagandizing and screaming lies

by Anonymousreply 469February 21, 2020 3:29 AM

I still cannot believe our intelligence agencies are putting up with this shit.

by Anonymousreply 470February 21, 2020 5:22 AM

Code red.

by Anonymousreply 471February 21, 2020 6:10 AM

He wants to keep Corny Collins from running for that Georgia Senate seat.

by Anonymousreply 472February 21, 2020 7:39 AM

Too bad no one wants to impress Jodi Foster anymore.

by Anonymousreply 473February 21, 2020 8:28 AM

Exactly, r468. And to drive your point home: Why do our CANDIDATES not declare this from the debate stage??

And then we have a televised internecine tiff over NDAs, when AS PRESIDENT-ELECT Trump lied about his $130K payoff to a PORN actress he had a fling with!

We need to focus. There is only one enemy leader, and one enemy army. Point the artillery not in a circle, but straight.

by Anonymousreply 474February 21, 2020 10:55 AM

THIS MORNING on faux news...

1) their touting, trump has the highest approval rating in his presidency but do the new york times put THAT on their front page? no, instead they are (how dare they!) putting the stone case AND the russia is helping trump again for the 2020 election! but the REAL issue is trump has great ratings? newsflash, you IMMORAL SICK DUMB ASSES at faux! i don't care if trump is lincoln, fdr and washington and has 100% ratings of approval! THAT DOESN'T NEGATE he is a criminal and evil con man! it's the same deflection they use when leaks and information was put out to the press, that the REAL EVIL the REAL issue is those awful "leaks' you know NOT the horrible criminal information that those leaks provided!!!

2) p.o.s. trey gowdy via satellite states in regards to how russia is trying to help trump (again of course!) win in 2020 that "does anyone believe that russia would rather have trump as president then comrade sanders who honeymoons in russia?" and "oh, so we are suppose to now believe the intelligence community, the same intelligence community that told us about weapons of mass destruction, the benghazi incident was a protest over a video and about libya?"... ...

3) and HOW DARE anyone inform andy schiff about russia trying to help trump in 2020 because schiff is his nemesis? you know never mind, schiff is suppose to know what is going on! isn't he the house chairman committee on such information? never mind, faux news didn't have a problem with p.o.s. Nunes running to the white house to tell trump this!

by Anonymousreply 475February 21, 2020 10:56 AM

R474... your so so right! i understand the candidates need to rip on and defeat their competitors, but at the same time they need to constantly rip into trump too and NOT wait until the general election to do so! if anything they need to rip into trump MORE then their fellow democrats or at least make it 50/50!..

by Anonymousreply 476February 21, 2020 11:00 AM

R473 People always say that violence never solves anything, but sometimes it does. At least during the Nazi regime there were several attempts to kill Hitler. They failed, but past a certain point, people understood that they had to resort to violence.

I understand that one runs the risk of making Trump a martyr and then the Deplorables would erupt into civil war, but I honestly cannot see how we extract ourselves from this mess without blood in the streets. There are no Allies who'll come to liberate us.

by Anonymousreply 477February 21, 2020 11:18 AM

How much are my tax dollars paying for the guy to walk around in front of Hope with a big fan to blow her hair back all the time?

And why haven’t more of my tax dollars gone toward fixing Kellyanne’s face?

Priorities!

by Anonymousreply 478February 21, 2020 11:21 AM

[quote]why haven’t more of my tax dollars gone toward fixing Kellyanne’s face?

Kind of like giving back the Panama Canal. It was nice to have but ultimately not worth the effort.

by Anonymousreply 479February 21, 2020 11:52 AM

Doctors keep trying to fix Kellyanne’s face, but the Botox weirdly keeps being sucked up my her heart, and the lasers and scalpels break every time they touch her.

by Anonymousreply 480February 21, 2020 12:04 PM

[quote]Doesn’t this renew the calls for new bills that address election security?

Yeah, I'll get right on that.

by Anonymousreply 481February 21, 2020 12:05 PM

Intel Sources 'Absolutely Aghast' Over Maguire Removal | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482February 21, 2020 1:20 PM

The Melania double claims resurface:

What are her pee skills?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483February 21, 2020 1:31 PM

Joe: America Crosses Rubicon This Week | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484February 21, 2020 1:34 PM

Why aren't there some rules who the president can nominate for certain jobs? Grenell has zero experience with intelligence and Trump just puts these stooges there temporarily so he doesn't need Senate approval. Isn't there a certain set of qualifications, years of experience etc. required to even consider someone for these important jobs? What a fucking banana republic the US has becom.e.

by Anonymousreply 485February 21, 2020 1:50 PM

R484, I fantasize that the intelligence community is holding stuff back about Dump, and this action leads them to start leaking shit. On the other hand, his fans won’t change their minds. But the important thing right now is to keep the anti-Dump electorate engaged and angry. We need them to come out in droves in November.

Maybe there’s some revelation that will get them to turn on Dump. Beating Melania? His using the N-word? Insulting his base? It has to be on tape,...and his cult will still say it’s fake.

by Anonymousreply 486February 21, 2020 1:52 PM

Work on building the USS Miss Lindsey?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487February 21, 2020 2:22 PM

Work on building the USS Miss Lindsey?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488February 21, 2020 2:22 PM

A 'Virtual Decapitation' Of the Intel Community | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489February 21, 2020 2:32 PM

Oh, the irony, r489.

That dough-faced rat Joe went out if his way to allow that lying traitor endless air time in 2016. He and his dimwitted bimbo let that bloviating liar pollute the airwaves non stop for FREE in 2016.

Now this fucking worm wants to wring his hands and clutch his pearls about the IC being neutered by the person HE was fellaciating on the air in 2016? Fuck that useless prick. HE should have been fired for his stupidity in 2016.

I fucking HATE that square headed dough faced cunt and his ugly bimbo. Joe and Mika can go straight to hell.

by Anonymousreply 490February 21, 2020 2:40 PM

Oh, the irony, r489.

That dough-faced rat Joe went out if his way to allow that lying traitor endless air time in 2016. He and his dimwitted bimbo let that bloviating liar pollute the airwaves non stop for FREE in 2016.

Now this fucking worm wants to wring his hands and clutch his pearls about the IC being neutered by the person HE was fellaciating on the air in 2016? Fuck that useless prick. HE should have been fired for his stupidity in 2016.

I fucking HATE that square headed dough faced cunt and his ugly bimbo. Joe and Mika can go straight to hell.

by Anonymousreply 491February 21, 2020 2:40 PM

The little czar laughed to see such sport.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492February 21, 2020 2:41 PM

[quote]the person HE was fellaciating

Pics (and a definition) please.

by Anonymousreply 493February 21, 2020 2:59 PM

Reuters:

Trump says Russia supporting his reelection 'another misinformation campaign'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494February 21, 2020 3:12 PM

Nunes was the one that ran to Trump to inform him of the briefing to Senate Intelligence this week about russia backing trump in the election. INTELLIGENCE IS SUPPOSED TO BRIEF The bipartsan committee. apparently rethugs sitting in on the briefing were rebutting that it ’t true to our intellligence experts. These cunts are getting paid by putin! We are in serious danger and we are worrying about Bloomberg NDAs!

Getting rid of trump and spotlighting GOP corruption is all dem candidates should be talking about. Except Bernie who is also getting propped up by Russia.

by Anonymousreply 495February 21, 2020 3:25 PM

R493, Goodbye, Fellacia!

by Anonymousreply 496February 21, 2020 3:50 PM

Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 497February 21, 2020 4:06 PM

He is so full of himself, he often tells on himself. He believes he is god's gift to the world. He is another Hitler, if given the chance.

by Anonymousreply 498February 21, 2020 5:02 PM

Until Lachlan Murdoch is confronted and held accountable for the extraordinary misinformation and propaganda from the Fox outfit/NewsCorp, Trump has the means to retain 40% or so of the electorate in support of his misdeeds

by Anonymousreply 499February 21, 2020 5:05 PM

That gif at R492 is positively revolting. Why doesn't she slap his ugly face? What a creepy, sick family.

by Anonymousreply 500February 21, 2020 5:09 PM

How accurate could this be? Seriously?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501February 21, 2020 5:09 PM

HORSE. SHIT.

by Anonymousreply 502February 21, 2020 5:17 PM

Answer: "Republicans, whose satisfaction with the direction of the country has surged from 58% in December to 80% today, are entirely responsible for the increase in satisfaction."

by Anonymousreply 503February 21, 2020 5:18 PM

Mediaite is a suspect source. The content people post from it is always right-wing and trollish.

by Anonymousreply 504February 21, 2020 5:20 PM

OF REPUBLICANS.....thats the KEY....Republicans make up just under 50% of the electorate, so even 80% support is far less than half the country. His overall approval rating is still around 40%... or less.

by Anonymousreply 505February 21, 2020 5:30 PM

Well if Cuomo is saying that it is the corruption and collusion of the Republicans that make the crimes possible, then yes. Trump by himself is excrement. Despicable excuse for a human being. But the fact that the Republicans have normalized his lawlessness, his amoral behavior, his cruelty, is an important point to remember. Too many media types and tweeters keep lamenting that the GOP has to "do something." They keep asking When. But I have no such expectation.

They are all in it together. No guard rails. So we have to get rid of all of them. Seriously. And that means we need to shift our focus to local elections and demand ballot security! NOW! Join up with your local MoveOn.org. Indivisible, and the ACLU, and your local Democratic Party organizations and get moving. Bring your friends. People keep saying we need to mobilize and yeah, we do, but we need to roll up our sleeves and work.

And remember. Be a pain in the ass. Make sure the state Republicans all know you are watching them. They prefer secrecy. Your local media needs to be engaged too. Your local TV and print media, etc. Make sure they shine a spotlight on ballot security. Insist. Like I said, be a pain in the ass. Call, tweet, e-mail, go visit offices, etc.

But collective actions like marches, need the added muscle of a strategic application of resources. So do what ever you can, and pay attention to who is running for state legislature and local offices. Because Legislative redistricting will happen after the 2020 census, so we need Democrats to dismantle this corrupt cancer. We can fix this but we have to get involved.

by Anonymousreply 506February 21, 2020 5:45 PM

Gallup and the right leaning Rasmussen are the only polls that have Dump at 49%. They’re both right-leaning, and Are known to overrate the performance of Repugs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507February 21, 2020 6:04 PM

NBC:

Trump anger cost Joseph Maguire the job of director of national intelligence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508February 21, 2020 6:40 PM

What he is doing is a crime against America and I hope he serves time. A lot of time. His fat ass can lose weight in jail.

by Anonymousreply 509February 21, 2020 7:42 PM

I will tolerate the Lá Senatralïna on occasion, but Mikey sure as hell better not be alone anytime with this Hope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510February 21, 2020 7:50 PM

160 years ago, Lincoln delivered his pivotal “Right Makes Might” speech at @cooperunion .

Next Thursday, the founders of @ProjectLincoln will speak at that same podium. We hope you can join us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511February 21, 2020 7:58 PM

Bernie is getting help from the Russians. (He already knew that I’m sure)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512February 21, 2020 8:31 PM

Let’s see if Bernie and his followers have the guts to do precisely what we’ve all called upon Trump to do: acknowledge what the Russians are doing to benefit their campaign and then disavow them.

Who’s laying odds?

by Anonymousreply 513February 21, 2020 8:41 PM

R513, Trump wants to run against Bernie. In truth, it’s a great matchup for Trump. This is so frustrating... because Bernie will not acknowledge it. I do not believe Trump will win in November, but people should understand that Sanders (and Buttigieg) give Trump the best chance of winning. Hence the dirty stuff. Nixon would be proud.

by Anonymousreply 514February 21, 2020 9:12 PM

Bernie Sanders denounced Russia’s reported efforts to interfere with the 2020 election on the Vermont senator’s behalf.

“Unlike Donald Trump, I do not consider Vladimir Putin a good friend. He is an autocratic thug who is attempting to destroy democracy and crush dissent in Russia,” Sanders said of the Russian president.

“Let’s be clear, the Russians want to undermine American democracy by dividing us up and, unlike the current president, I stand firmly against their efforts, and any other foreign power that wants to interfere in our election.”

Reiterating his claim from Wednesday night’s debate, Sanders suggested some of the online vitriol blamed on his supporters may be coming from Russia.

“Some of the ugly stuff on the internet attributed to our campaign may well not be coming from real supporters,” Sanders said.

by Anonymousreply 515February 21, 2020 9:22 PM

Definitely NOT voting for Bernie, unless it's November.

by Anonymousreply 516February 21, 2020 9:24 PM

i am curious though as to why DID sanders vacation in russia of all places and why he has been there more then once?..

by Anonymousreply 517February 21, 2020 9:39 PM

And why is this his voting record, r517?

2012 Magnitsky Act - nay

2014 Russia Sanctions - nay

2017 Russia Sanctions - nay

2019 Russia Sanctions - did not vote

by Anonymousreply 518February 21, 2020 9:45 PM

Why is fatty still alive and torturing our nation?

by Anonymousreply 519February 21, 2020 9:46 PM

Sanders married Jane in Moscow while it was still the USSR.

by Anonymousreply 520February 21, 2020 10:00 PM

Someone asked if the Russia efforts breaking yesterday was what I was talking about Tuesday- yes. But there is more. That will come out. I was told when the House members were briefed about Russia interfering on behalf of Pres Bone Spurs and Bernie. They did the same in '16. There activities this time are far deeper and widespread. I do not have knowledge of those efforts, though.

by Anonymousreply 521February 21, 2020 10:15 PM

Bernie is so fucking arrogant that he really believes Putin wants him to win the whole thing. When are we going to deal with the fact that Bernie has been in on this shit the entire time. He’s been working this angle since 2012 when he wanted to primary Obama.

by Anonymousreply 522February 21, 2020 10:15 PM

MSNBC Deadline White House With Nicolle Wallace 2/21/20 [NEW] | MSNBC News Today February 21, 20

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523February 21, 2020 10:19 PM

'Their activities' oh dear myself lol

by Anonymousreply 524February 21, 2020 10:23 PM

I would like to think this news would make Democratic primary voters understand that Sanders isn't the best choice anymore but who knows. A good amount of his followers are as devoted as Trump's rabid base.

Putin must be creaming himself at the thought of Bernie Bros and MAGA deplorables assaulting each other in the second half of 2020 if those 2 are the choices for President.

by Anonymousreply 525February 21, 2020 10:25 PM

Thank you R522 thats EXACTLY what i think too. ESP with his historically ProRussia voting record.

by Anonymousreply 526February 21, 2020 10:27 PM

R526... will this be made more well known and one of the debate questions soon i wonder?...

by Anonymousreply 527February 21, 2020 10:31 PM

Yes R527

Here’s hoping the first question in next Tuesday’s debate will be to Sanders asking what he thinks of Russia actively supporting him....again. Then Elizabeth can ask the fucker why he has always been reticent to sanction Russia, especially after they invaded Crimea and fucked with our 2016 election.

by Anonymousreply 528February 21, 2020 10:36 PM

Exactly why has the media allowed him to get by with this? Then again, why have the other Dem candidates allowed him to have this pro-Russia voting record and not attack? Ever Dem voter I talk to have no idea about his voting record on Russia.

by Anonymousreply 529February 21, 2020 10:41 PM

I know I’m repeating this, but look at 1972. Watergate was the culmination of dirty tricks on behalf of Nixon, who destroyed the candidacies of people he didn’t want to run against. He WANTED to run against McGovern. And guess who he ran against??

This is not even a slam on Bernie. McGovern had no idea what was going on. But he was the weakest candidate. And Nixon knew it!! Geez people, read history!!

by Anonymousreply 530February 21, 2020 10:51 PM

I'm not saying Bernie is endorsing this Russian meddling but it has been OBVIOUS to all of us they have bots and trolls out in huge numbers helping him. I do not run into this huge swath of people who are for him. It is obvious since he is the only one aside from the thing in the WH who has such insane internet trolls. Most come straight from St Petersburg, that SHITHOLE city in that SHITHOLE country.

by Anonymousreply 531February 21, 2020 10:55 PM

Putin is ok with Bernie winning because Bernie will let Putin do anything he wants overseas with no interference. Bernie is not big on foreign policy stuff and he wants to defund our military to pay for his social service projects, Bernie wants to focus all efforts here in the US. Again like Trump different side same coin.

by Anonymousreply 532February 21, 2020 11:07 PM

Interesting perspective r532–I confess I hadn’t even thought of that angle. I was simply looking at it from the perspective that Bernie would be the easiest to attack as a “socialist.” But that makes a lot of sense to me. I’m all for lessening the funding for the military, though... but not all of it. We have to be smart. No big programs where money goes down the drain. We need to fund intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 533February 21, 2020 11:12 PM

1. Sanders needs to RESIGN...NOW We do not need the risk of another Russian asset in the White House

2. Mueller said Russia was halping Sanders in 2016 Sanders was ALWAYS Putins Democratic answer to Trump

3. It is no coincidence that Paul Manafort went to team Trump and his partner in Ukraine, Tad Devine, went to Team Sanders It is well known they were manipulating the elections in Ukraine to benefit Putin and Russia

4. That "innocent and accidental" hacking of the Clinton campaign by Sanders campaign was niether...it was a Devine op similar to the ops hes run in the past

by Anonymousreply 534February 21, 2020 11:12 PM

Amen r534

by Anonymousreply 535February 21, 2020 11:16 PM

And this round Devine worked for Andrew Yang, spoiler candidate backed by 4chan trolls.

by Anonymousreply 536February 21, 2020 11:18 PM

Maybe Putin let’s Bernie win, as Trump brings too much attention to the skim & scam.

by Anonymousreply 537February 21, 2020 11:28 PM

NYT:

Richard Grenell Begins Overhauling Intelligence Office, Prompting Fears of Partisanship

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538February 21, 2020 11:43 PM

You know, WE can tweet and call that old coot and demand to know why he refuses to sanction Putin for interfering in 2016 and now.

WE can also make these comments on various MSM forums and write to the local stations asking why no one is covering this. WE can cut that spitting old fool's legs our from under him in this before things get too far gone.

I plan to start asking why Sanders won't sanction Russia on every comment forum as well as asking the snot nosed brats who keep emailing and calling me asking for money.

And I also intend to inform the DNC I will no longer donate to then as long as they refuse to address this serious issue and fully vet that hateful old man and his grifting wife.

by Anonymousreply 539February 22, 2020 12:00 AM

So basically the plan is to piss and moan and scream and shout about Sanders while Trump destroys the intelligence agencies and publicly calls on Putin to interfere as much as he'd like in the elections. The only crime will be telling Democrats in Congress about that interference.

Good job. Glad to know centrists and the adults in the room are doing their usual excellent job of ignoring the fucking obvious and focusing on the real and terrifying threat that the rich might actually have to pay more in taxes. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 540February 22, 2020 12:14 AM

No one here is ignoring what Trump is trying to do to the intelligence agencies, R540. We're very aware and can absorb multiple pieces of information at once. Plus chew gum.

by Anonymousreply 541February 22, 2020 12:41 AM

Warren On Reports That Russia Is Interfering To Help Trump In 2020 Race | The Last Word | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542February 22, 2020 12:50 AM

Bernie may have been an unwitting tool, what are they called?Useful idiot. I've thought for some time that Bernie's "supporters" were really a lot of Trump supporters, Bots, trolls, and of course those rabid, gullible Lefties. The anarchists, the Trotskyites, "Tear it all down." Now we will know something is really rotten when Susan Sarandon comes forward to denounce this news, and call the Intel a lie.

You can expect Bernie to denounce Russia. He already did, "Tell Russia to get the hell out of our elections!" It sounds great. But that is to be expected. Great performance. Even better since he really means it. But next time Bernie is interviewed, next time there's a town hall, next time there's a debate, he needs to be asked, repeatedly, the more appropriate questions: were you able to identify it? Did you report anything? Did your staff notice irregularities?

WTF is going on internally with your campaign? If you suspected interference of any kind, foreign...or domestic...aren't you bound to report it? What are you going to do now? What are the next steps? What measures are you taking? Are you working with the FBI? Because the truth is Jeff Weaver is a rotten, dirty, underhanded, arrogant, piece of filth and he's perfectly capable of accepting help from anywhere to get Bernie the nomination. He knows Bernie won't defeat Trump. Jeff is in it for the $$$. And he's getting a fortune from ad buys etc. Jeff Weaver is worth investigating. Serious. The NEws media has him on to interview, but where is the Atlantic or the NEw Yorker with that devastating profile.

by Anonymousreply 543February 22, 2020 1:03 AM

I'm SO glad this shit is leaking now, and we need to push the media to keep covering it and asking questions. I don't want some bullshit announcement on January 17th 2021, about Russian interference. I want it now. Shine that fucking spotlight. And Devin Nunes needs his ass handed to him in pieces.

by Anonymousreply 544February 22, 2020 1:04 AM

MSNBC The Beat with Ari Melber 2/21/20 [NEW] | MSNBC Breaking News February 21, 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545February 22, 2020 1:04 AM

Devin Nunes is STILL on the Intel committee! What the actual fuck?

by Anonymousreply 546February 22, 2020 1:13 AM

Does Pelosi have any ability to kick Nunes off the Intel Committee? Isn't he under an ethics investigation?

he should be in jail

by Anonymousreply 547February 22, 2020 1:35 AM

MSNBC All In with Chris Hayes 2/21/20 | MSNBC News Today Feb 21, 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548February 22, 2020 1:38 AM

The Repugs would have to remove Nunes. They get to assign their own committee members. Remember when the Democrats took over and the Repugs dragged their heels for a month making committee assignments in order to delay the start of anything the Democrats wanted to do? Fucking assholes, through and through.

by Anonymousreply 549February 22, 2020 1:46 AM

Hey. As we watch these revelations about Russian interference unfold, remember. We are not alone. The international intelligence community will support us because they hate Putin and Russia and the disruptions they have caused all over the world. They are a failed state with an economy no bigger than Italy's. They are run by Oligarchs who built wealth on gas oil and coal. Aluminum, etc. Minerals. They run guns, they disrupt governments, and are actually promoting terrorism so they can expand their holdings and continue to enrich the few while millions suffer. So we have allies out here and they are not friends of Trump's. Believe it, they are working hard to expose and disrupt Putin's game.

by Anonymousreply 550February 22, 2020 1:56 AM

Nunes is a traitor.

Of course some of us knew this a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 551February 22, 2020 2:07 AM

Didn't all of us know that about Nunes?

Apparently even the cows do.

by Anonymousreply 552February 22, 2020 2:34 AM

Devin Nunes should be frogmarched out of the Congress, for errant stupidity if nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 553February 22, 2020 2:38 AM

Trump has directly weighed in on the WH review of the book by John Bolton, telling his staff that he views Bolton as "a traitor," that everything he uttered to him about national security is classified and that he will seek to block the book's publication.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554February 22, 2020 2:40 AM

Court dumps Nunes' suit against Trump dossier firm. The judge suggested refiling the case against Fusion GPS could trigger sanctions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555February 22, 2020 2:43 AM

It is well past time for ALL intelligence agencies to just start spilling dirt on Trump. All of it. Everything you have. Just do it. Stop dicking around. Stop pretending there is some noble reason not to. Just tell the world what a complete fucking waste of space this bitch is.

by Anonymousreply 556February 22, 2020 2:46 AM

If they haven't already, it's doubtful they're ever going to, R556.

by Anonymousreply 557February 22, 2020 2:51 AM

and somebody leak his motherfucking taxes. We know they're out there. We know bitches have them. Just leak the fucking documents already.

by Anonymousreply 558February 22, 2020 2:51 AM

R558 see R557.

They're never going to turn on him.

by Anonymousreply 559February 22, 2020 2:52 AM

why not r559?

by Anonymousreply 560February 22, 2020 2:53 AM

Dunno. Ask the Senatrice.

by Anonymousreply 561February 22, 2020 2:56 AM

Is there a Republican in Congress who isn't a complete whore or grifter? Anyone at all? Bueller?

by Anonymousreply 562February 22, 2020 3:01 AM

The seeds of the New Post Trump Republican Party, Romney and Amash r562.

by Anonymousreply 563February 22, 2020 3:07 AM

R554, as pointed out in the comments, this is a concession that Bolton’s book is accurate.

by Anonymousreply 564February 22, 2020 3:08 AM

Every honest Republican should immediately switch parties. It is possible to disagree with the Left and to believe in Capitalism, or old fashioned values, or decreasing the deficit, or many other things. It is impossible to be a Republican and not be a completely corrupt cunt. Impossible. Form a different party, join the Democrats, anything else. But remaining Republican is pretty much to announce: I am a corrupt Cunt!

by Anonymousreply 565February 22, 2020 3:10 AM

Hope may be evil, but that hair is on pointe!

by Anonymousreply 566February 22, 2020 3:16 AM

On pointe, as in on pointe shoes, R566. She is disgusting, and Trump loves that "classy" glamor model look.

by Anonymousreply 567February 22, 2020 3:18 AM

excuse me, forgot the ?

by Anonymousreply 568February 22, 2020 3:18 AM

She fucks him. That is enough to despise her. She fucks that asshole. Seriously, she gets near that asshole and fucks him, and she actually came back to that. It's like going back to Harvey Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 569February 22, 2020 3:20 AM

FULL The Rachel Maddow Show 2/21/20 [NEW] | MSNBC News February 21, 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570February 22, 2020 3:25 AM

Imagine what the carpets look like.

by Anonymousreply 571February 22, 2020 3:28 AM

the drapes r571?

by Anonymousreply 572February 22, 2020 3:29 AM

Covered in selftanner and shit stains.

by Anonymousreply 573February 22, 2020 3:37 AM

[quote]This truly looks like TREASON in all but the narrowest possible sense. If confirmed, it’s utterly devastating. It points to an enemy of the nation sitting in the White House. This cannot stand if we are to survive as a sovereign constitutional republic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574February 22, 2020 3:48 AM

This is bigger than Trump. Our intel agencies, in coordination with France, the UK, And a half dozen others, both retired and active duty, both contract consultants and civil servants, need to start leaking everything about everyone who's involved. Including Russians. There is more than one "pee tape" out there. And BIlly Barr can moan and complain all he wants. We need to rip this wide open.

And one side benefit is that this is literally driving Trump nuts. He has lost his fucking mind. All those people who warned about how far he'd take this and how extreme his actions would be, should have been heeded. They were right. He is a danger to the national security of the United States. He believes he has an army of NRA Thugs out here to protect him and intimidate and threaten people. Fuck him. The way you deal with a bully is to get in their face and push back hard.

by Anonymousreply 575February 22, 2020 4:09 AM

Yes, they should be but doesn't look like they're going to be.

by Anonymousreply 576February 22, 2020 4:17 AM

Bloomberg is trolling Trump with billboards where Trump's campaigning this week. The billboards read things like: "Donald Trump cheats at golf" "Donald Trump eats burnt steak" "Donald Trump lost the popular vote" "Donald Trump went broke running a casino"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577February 22, 2020 4:27 AM

[quote]It's been weeks since the revelation, in an FBI report, that Trump secretly met with Mohammed bin Salman—the man who ordered the murder of a Washington Post journalist—a week before the 2016 election, and I still haven't heard it talked about on TV or in print. Which is *insane*.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578February 22, 2020 4:52 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579February 22, 2020 4:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580February 22, 2020 5:00 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581February 22, 2020 5:44 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582February 22, 2020 5:44 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583February 22, 2020 5:49 AM

Of course he does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584February 22, 2020 5:50 AM

I'm not even sure why Stone needs to bother. He knows he's going to get a pardon.

by Anonymousreply 585February 22, 2020 5:50 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586February 22, 2020 5:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587February 22, 2020 5:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588February 22, 2020 5:54 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589February 22, 2020 5:55 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 590February 22, 2020 5:55 AM

this

by Anonymousreply 591February 22, 2020 5:55 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 592February 22, 2020 5:56 AM

Out

by Anonymousreply 593February 22, 2020 5:56 AM

Link

by Anonymousreply 594February 22, 2020 5:56 AM

below

by Anonymousreply 595February 22, 2020 5:56 AM

to

by Anonymousreply 596February 22, 2020 5:56 AM

new

by Anonymousreply 597February 22, 2020 5:57 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 598February 22, 2020 5:57 AM

below

by Anonymousreply 599February 22, 2020 5:57 AM

Link below to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600February 22, 2020 5:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!