Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DOOL Part 12 = A Steel Remington Cums 2 Salem !!!

The top vote of the time jump mistakes thread was the double mind chip plot.

Runner up plot was killing off Adrienne.

Discuss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244March 31, 2020 1:02 AM

I just watched the Thursday episode & Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko from Star Trek Deep Space 9) was listed as a prison guard at the end of the show's credits.

Did anyone notice him in the episode?

by Anonymousreply 1February 7, 2020 10:27 PM

DOOL Part 11 thread =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 8, 2020 4:33 AM

Shawna Della-Ricca will be added to the cast soon...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 8, 2020 9:05 AM

My gawd, get rid of Stacy already. I can’t stand looking at that face in 4K.

by Anonymousreply 4February 8, 2020 9:12 AM

James DePaiva (from One Life To Live) is now 62 & could pass for one of Stefano's younger brothers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 11, 2020 2:19 AM

One Of Stefano's younger bros could be openly gay.

Soap vet Tuc Watkins would have some fun in the role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 11, 2020 2:23 AM

Passions actor James Hyde (age 57) could play Tuc's twin gay/straight/bi brother =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 11, 2020 2:27 AM

Tuc Watkins (from above) is now 53.

Guiding Light's Bradley Cole (age 61) could be the fourth brother =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 11, 2020 2:31 AM

As The World Turns actor Jon Lindstrom (age 62) would be another possibility =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 11, 2020 2:34 AM

STOP! Any male over age 15 can grow facial hair. And if they're over 40, the hair will come out grey.

Stop posting random shots of soap actors with some grey scruff around their chins and claiming they could play Stefano's brother! That's not the point!

We're talking about actors who not only convincingly look like they might be related to a Greek megalomaniac, but also have the acting chops to play the part.

Cute as Tuc is, he doesn't have the acting talent to pull that off. Neither does James Hyde or Bradley Cole. James DePaiva is good but has a limited range. Only Jon Lindstrom has that range and he looks nothing like Joe Mascolo.

by Anonymousreply 10February 11, 2020 6:03 AM

R10 Most soap actors have "a limited range".

Rafe & Jj won't be up for any OScars in the next decade.

NuChad, Megan, Benjy, Lexie & Tony look nothing like the actor that played Stefano.

The actors that did (who played EJ, Chad 1, Renee & Stefan O #1) probably won't be back anytime soon.

Most soap opera families don't have any resemblance to them (all the plastic surgery doesn't help matters either).

The current Abby & JJ look nothing like their mother Jennifer.

Also for all we know Stefano's mom could've been a big slut( no shocker for soapy Salem) & all of his brothers could have different fathers (maybe even Roman or John).

The above actors don't have to do Stefano's accent. They might've been raised in a different country (like EJ).

by Anonymousreply 11February 11, 2020 6:24 AM

Days, Y&R, B&B all tape in 1080i while GH tapes in 4k. There was a rumor that the show was at first trying to reach out to Chad #1 about seeing if he would agree to come back and finish out the character's story after NuChad had allegedly been fired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 11, 2020 9:13 PM

TPTB having Jen remember that Hope (as Gina) pushed her off the balcony now is a total waste of air time.

That whole situation could've been more dramatic if they put their heads together.

i don't care that she remembers when she is 100% safe & especially now that everyone involved in the story has already found out about the brainwashed pair.

by Anonymousreply 13February 12, 2020 8:47 AM

True, R13 -- but all of the stories nowadays are constrained by greatly reduced actor guarantees and labyrinthine taping schedules. It leaves characters islanded and isolated from characters they should logically be sharing story with.

by Anonymousreply 14February 12, 2020 12:09 PM

WilSon goes bye bye =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 12, 2020 7:54 PM

More on the firing =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 13, 2020 12:51 AM

They aged these kids way too fast. Marlena should be a grandmother; not a great grandmother. Time to reset that and focus on a new wave of aged kids: Sami’s twins or someone.

Sonny and Will ran their course. Start a new gay storyline (or any good storyline).

by Anonymousreply 17February 13, 2020 3:15 AM

It looks like WIll & Sonny who are tied for first place now

with John & Marlena are going to get a 26 week vacation (at least).

by Anonymousreply 18February 13, 2020 5:35 AM

Drake Hogestyn (John) only appeared in 62 episodes last year – basically 12 weeks of episodes -- so he's already off a lot more than he's on. Dee Dee Halls had 91 appearances in 2019.

Kristian Alfonso was #1 with 138 appearances. She can go as far as I'm concerned, she's useless without Bo. But Corday loves her.

by Anonymousreply 19February 13, 2020 12:30 PM

I think a lot of Days problem is the fans. The fans who stick around only want to see fan favorites from the 80s and 90s which is a problem. But it's one I understand.

While this recent Gina and Stevano story was fun for a bit (KA actually looked like she was having a good time), I mean... do we really need to see a bunch of 60 year olds in a storyline like that? I have loved John and Marlena since they were Roman and Marlena, but this is not how they should be used for story. Plus, these actors aren't cheap.

I don't really criticize Ron all that much, because he's the only writer currently in daytime who actually loves and respects the genre, but I have to wonder if the time jump as played out is the time jump that he pitched. Because ultimately, what was the point of the time jump?

IMO, That time jump should have been used to totally reset and refocus show. The time jump should have been used to get rid of a ton of vets. While keeping one or two tentpole veterans around in Tom and Alice like roles. Then you bring on about 15 new or returning characters in their 20s to 30s and just restart the show with all new stories. The tentpole vets would be the bridge to the past, while the new and returning characters would start a new generation of the series. And you can always bring on fired vets for the holidays and short arcs.

Or they could have done something really radical and get rid of everybody and just restart the show with one of the Horton grandsons moving into Tom and Alice's house with his wife and they have some messy children who the stories would flow from. Similar to the way Days started in 1965. Tom and Alice and their messy children.

by Anonymousreply 20February 13, 2020 1:05 PM

I agree with you wrote R19 & R20.

What will Hope do now that Rafe is gone?

by Anonymousreply 21February 13, 2020 6:05 PM

No need for fanfic.

Get over it.

YAY to FCF being fired!!!!

Stacy is awesome!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 22February 13, 2020 9:35 PM

I wonder if Chandler's smirking etc. during scenes contributed to his downfall?

I like him as a person & an actor but sometimes it was pretty ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 23February 14, 2020 9:20 AM

So Sami comes back to Salem in Dec. & WilSon are nowhere to be found?

by Anonymousreply 24February 14, 2020 9:52 AM

Where is Guy Wilson

by Anonymousreply 25February 14, 2020 10:15 AM

Getting a tattoo r25

by Anonymousreply 26February 14, 2020 10:40 AM

So they were able to get Vanessa WIlliams back for a couple of episodes?

by Anonymousreply 27February 14, 2020 8:00 PM

where was jenn, jack, shawn d et al for a Horton wedding??

by Anonymousreply 28February 14, 2020 9:25 PM

R28 I was wondering the same thing.

TPTB should've made a bigger effort for more Salemites to be in this wedding episode instead of Ben/Ciara & Brady/Kristen who were just going to miss it.

I think the writers gave in to the couples celebrating Valentine's Day by themselves (I think having more people at the wedding was more important).

Was Doug (who was in the episode) seen at the wedding? I didn't notice him there.

The Young & the Restless crew understood this concept when I watched a wedding on their show a couple months ago.

by Anonymousreply 29February 14, 2020 11:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 15, 2020 12:02 AM

Days needs new Executive Producers. I know he's controversial, but Frank Valentini knows how to take 2 nickels and make everything look gorgeous. I believe it's the way he shoots that allows for more sets and more characters on screen. Ed Scott was a good producer for Days, but he made some bad personal choices. The writing isn't perfect, but no show has perfect writing. Days needs a new show runner. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 31February 15, 2020 12:10 AM

r29

at least Julie mentioned that Doug was going to see Gina/Hope

by Anonymousreply 32February 15, 2020 12:15 AM

Days has long neglected extended family for some large events like weddings and funerals.

Neither Justin nor Adrianne were present at Will's funeral in 2015 to support their son Sonny, whose husband had been killed. Julie and Doug weren't there either despite being cousins of Will. Don't think Jennifer was either.

Likewise, at Will and Sonny's wedding in 2014, the Horton side of the family was vastly underrepresented, although the Bradys were all there.

by Anonymousreply 33February 15, 2020 12:23 AM

They can't fucking afford to fly in Patsy Pease and Maree Cheatham for every damned family get together.

This isn't 1987 or 1995 or even 2004, when DAYS soared back to #2 with the Salem Stalker story. Get over it.

Other topic: Orpheus was supposed to be on the day before Marie Wilson returned as Summer. What happened??????

by Anonymousreply 34February 15, 2020 12:53 AM

R34 They lied to you Rose.

Since it's okay to lie to a criminal what crime/s have you committed?

by Anonymousreply 35February 15, 2020 1:25 AM

god the "kissing" on today's ep was bad

by Anonymousreply 36February 17, 2020 9:53 PM

I love the word mendacious!!!

by Anonymousreply 37February 18, 2020 9:39 PM

I'm bored with Feb. sweeps.

by Anonymousreply 38February 19, 2020 1:12 AM

So, Lani is just going to walk around in her underwear everywhere?

by Anonymousreply 39February 19, 2020 8:28 PM

At least they mention Mike and Lucas

by Anonymousreply 40February 19, 2020 10:48 PM

Why did it take Eli pleading, "Mom, do something!" for Valerie, a cardiologist no less, to move from standing in the background with a stunned look on her face to crouching before Julie and declaring "Her pulse is steady and strong." She was not in on the ruse, so why wasn't she front and center the moment Julie collapsed? Hell, Chad and Abigail provided far more support during all of this -- I think it was even off-camera Abigail (after she made way for Valerie) who we hear stating she was calling an ambulance.

by Anonymousreply 41February 19, 2020 11:53 PM

Because, like Gabi, Valerie holds a secret hatred for that old hag Julie as well.

by Anonymousreply 42February 20, 2020 4:33 PM

I was bored with the 2-20-20 episode.

Ben didn't stay on the run for very long LOL.

Going to the gatehouse again was just sad on the characters part & on TPTB's part.

Why didn't Ciara beg Chad to put Ben in the DiMera catacombs?

It would've been a better way to go storywise.

by Anonymousreply 43February 20, 2020 6:39 PM

Wow did chad have purses falling out of his mouth today.

Get out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 21, 2020 3:34 AM

the new DA is James Gidden??? LOL

by Anonymousreply 45February 21, 2020 11:17 PM

The guy at OP’s link is probably the best looking man I’ve seen in many years.

Wow!

by Anonymousreply 46February 21, 2020 11:23 PM

They've been falling out of his mouth many different times r44. It's just since he's the greatest actor ever don't you know that I guess it's been ignored. (lol)

by Anonymousreply 47February 21, 2020 11:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 22, 2020 12:43 AM

R48 Thanks for posting that.

I liked the moment on today's show where Sonny tells Gabi he wants to slap her for all the stuff she has done lately LOL.

Girls have been slapping guys since I started watched soaps in the 90s (Melrose Place & Sunset Beach) but I've never seen it done the other way around.

It sure looks like he wants to slap maggie now. Also where is Justin when all of this is going down (I just see Xander in the background).

by Anonymousreply 49February 22, 2020 2:21 AM

Jamey Giddens has gained weight since he was a hot doctor on RonC’s OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 50February 22, 2020 2:26 AM

When is the next Days of Days?

by Anonymousreply 51February 22, 2020 4:13 AM

There's a rumor that Days only got renewed just barely by the skin of its teeth this time.

R51 it hasn't been announced yet if there is one.

by Anonymousreply 52February 22, 2020 12:15 PM

So with no new plot lines since the time jump occurred,

is it now safe to say it's a dream by Jennifer, Kate (when she was in the ground). or Julie?

by Anonymousreply 53February 23, 2020 2:03 PM

Why a dream? That's nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 54February 23, 2020 2:29 PM

Because r54 there are a number of Days fans who feel as though the TJ has been an overall failure with possible exception being the flashback week. If it were a dream it would give them hope that all the bad parts about the TJ never happened.

by Anonymousreply 55February 23, 2020 3:00 PM

So what?

Ron C did not write a dream story. Fans hate storylines all the time. Things just move forward.

by Anonymousreply 56February 23, 2020 3:30 PM

Yes r56 but the low ratings of under 2 million viewers that's also making them want this TJ to be a dream. There are some Days fans now calling for Ron to fired saying that he is causing the show to bleed viewers just like Dena and Josh did when they took over.

by Anonymousreply 57February 23, 2020 6:55 PM

Who is TJ?

by Anonymousreply 58February 23, 2020 6:56 PM

R58 TJ=Time Jump

by Anonymousreply 59February 23, 2020 7:07 PM

Thank you, R59.

by Anonymousreply 60February 23, 2020 7:26 PM

So, we go back to...

Kristen and Brady having their baby happily?

JJ and Haley getting married?

Sarah and Eric raising their daughter as a loving couple?

Living out in real time the Who Killed Jordan mystery? She was killed BEFORE the TJ.

More of Gina as Hope after pushing Hope over the balcony? This happened BEFORE the TJ.

Redo ALL of those stories a second time? That will never happen. Not a chance in Hell.

by Anonymousreply 61February 23, 2020 9:10 PM

Pushing Jen-Fil-A obviously.

by Anonymousreply 62February 23, 2020 9:11 PM

Chloe is coming back.

by Anonymousreply 63February 23, 2020 9:31 PM

R61 If it's Kate who is having a dream during her time in the ground then they could go back further than that.

Jordan (& Adrienne) would both still be alive & there would be no Gina yet (I don't know about Steve as NuStefano).

JJ & Haley have both left the show unless there is some big secret return planned.

I'm guessing JJ & Haley (if she is indeed alive) have moved away together.

by Anonymousreply 64February 23, 2020 11:06 PM

Live in a demented fantasy land while DAYS moves on. No "dream" escape will happen. Lunacy.

by Anonymousreply 65February 23, 2020 11:28 PM

The problem with Days is Albert Alarr and the fact that Ron is 3000 miles away, doesn't not have an EP credit, and is not on the set to fight for his stories. Plus there is a budget problem that seriously inhibits how stories play out.

Meddling producer, missed beats, changed motivations, and actor guarantees ends up affecting story.

by Anonymousreply 66February 23, 2020 11:34 PM

R65 You have to admit it's unusual for a soap to go 4 months

without adding any new plots (& new characters) to the landscape.

They've only focused on the time jump ones.

by Anonymousreply 67February 24, 2020 6:36 AM

Remington Hoffman. Sheesh, that's gotta be THE most laughable stage name ever invented.

by Anonymousreply 68February 24, 2020 6:44 AM

R66. the problem with Days is it's still on the air.

by Anonymousreply 69February 24, 2020 6:44 AM

ER68 Can you really blame him for trying?

by Anonymousreply 70February 24, 2020 5:03 PM

Looks like Chloe, original Philip & Shawn could all be returning on contract (with the possibility of Claire as well).

No word on Belle.

by Anonymousreply 71February 25, 2020 4:42 AM

Ugh, I hate Chloe and Phillip!

by Anonymousreply 72February 25, 2020 11:50 AM

Even more reason to think that will and sonny will be next to run the circuit: depart, web series, return.

Unless they burned bridges with tantrums.

by Anonymousreply 73February 25, 2020 12:42 PM

Rumor

Days is in talks with Jacob Young. No idea for what role.

by Anonymousreply 74February 25, 2020 3:42 PM

r74

He could be Andrew or maybe a brother of Sonny

by Anonymousreply 75February 25, 2020 3:50 PM

[quote] Days is in talks with Jacob Young. No idea for what role.

Based on his fluctuating weight over the years, he could be NuSonny.

by Anonymousreply 76February 25, 2020 4:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 25, 2020 8:57 PM

The show will be must see Wednesday when Maggie tells Sonny the truth (as she sees it).

by Anonymousreply 78February 25, 2020 10:04 PM

Evan is an evil bisexual!

True to life!

by Anonymousreply 79February 25, 2020 10:43 PM

Tomorrow will be an Emmy reel for Suzanne Rogers.

by Anonymousreply 80February 26, 2020 12:04 AM

That Evan actor is atrocious.

I never noticed how poorly he acts until today.

by Anonymousreply 81February 26, 2020 1:11 AM

r81

to be fair, he's barely on so it's hard to judge

by Anonymousreply 82February 26, 2020 1:19 AM

I thought the actor's deficiencies were evident from his first scene.

by Anonymousreply 83February 26, 2020 12:16 PM

At least he's pretty to look at it. Chandler and Rob Wilson can't keep carrying this show on their well muscled shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 84February 26, 2020 12:27 PM

What an actress!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 26, 2020 1:55 PM

Crying has never been Suzanne Rogers strong suit.

by Anonymousreply 86February 26, 2020 2:21 PM

I never understand why actors and actresses who obviously cannot cry, play the scene as they are crying, people can be upset and not cry and show it in other ways

by Anonymousreply 87February 26, 2020 4:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 26, 2020 4:46 PM

I thought all of the DOOL actors killed their roles on today's show.

Based on previews, I thought the Sonny/Maggie angle would've been about half of the episode but they crammed in plenty of other stuff = Justin Vs. NuStefano, Gabu vs Chad, Eli & Lani reunited,etc.

It was great to see Sonny go after all 3 of relatives verbally today. He's portrayed as a nice guy too often. Maybe he'll come to blows with Xander soon & slap Vic in the face before it's over (Yeah I know Vicky is 87 but I can dream can't I?)..

I wonder if WilSon plot against any of them in the next 6 months before they are gone (I know Maggie is probably innocent & Summer is the guilty party). Sonny could go work for DiMera & bring secrets to that table.

Today's episode made the entire time jump debacle worth while. I hope the next month adds to this intensity.

by Anonymousreply 89February 26, 2020 6:09 PM

R89

Sonny "comes to blows" with Xander? LMAO Xander could break every bone in Sonny's fat body with both hands tied behind his back.

by Anonymousreply 90February 26, 2020 9:41 PM

Chad was flaming today again.

by Anonymousreply 91February 26, 2020 10:03 PM

Eli is so hot!

My mom is shocked that Will and Evan would be attracted to FCF.

by Anonymousreply 92February 26, 2020 10:06 PM

When isn't he flaming r91.

by Anonymousreply 93February 27, 2020 1:04 AM

Just the way the scripts are, it’s clear that Summer somehow caused the accident. Too bad. I can’t believe Dena had more guts with Daniel’s death than Ron has with Adrienne’s.

Oh, I love SN as Stefano! I hope he remains Stefano for a long time.

Sarah Horton is the worst character of the last 15 years. Horribly written and executed.

I guess Lunatic Bisexual Evan isn’t Jarlena spawn after all.

by Anonymousreply 94February 27, 2020 1:40 AM

^^^

I adore Sarah. She's such a fun mess. She can be funny and loving and then she can be high strung & a spitfire.

I loved her telling Gabi she'd break her neck & drain the bone marrow herself.

by Anonymousreply 95February 27, 2020 1:48 AM

That was stupid and cringe-inducing.

by Anonymousreply 96February 27, 2020 1:56 AM

I hope the first hing Ari says to Gabi when she returns home is "Mommy, I heard some grown-ups talking - were you really going to let a sick little baby die?"

by Anonymousreply 97February 27, 2020 2:05 AM

Suzanne Rogers has been terrific this week...can't wait to see she killed her granddaughter. She is the most under used actor on the show....when she gets a good storyline, she kills it.

by Anonymousreply 98February 27, 2020 2:15 AM

Under used?

Where have you been for the last ten years?

Endless airtime with stories centered around her.

Melanie, Daniel, Victor, obnoxious sobriety queen, Vivian, Brady, Lucas, and many more Maggie-centered storylines.

by Anonymousreply 99February 27, 2020 3:10 AM

R99

I'm not R98 but I do not think Maggie has been any sort of air hog or that she's had stories built around her. She is definitely a supporting actress. I'm glad that the longest running vet on this show is actually getting a good story & her chance to shine.

I think it will eventually be revealed that Summer set this all up & Maggie wasn't the culprit. However, before that happens it is going to be a shit load of drama when Sarah learns her baby is dead and not just that but by her own mother's hand.

Bring it on! I am a drama whore.

by Anonymousreply 100February 27, 2020 4:51 AM

[quote]Where have you been for the last ten years? Endless airtime with stories centered around her.

She appeared in 55 episodes last year, 47 in 2018 and 44 in 2017. Your claim is objectively untrue.

by Anonymousreply 101February 27, 2020 11:45 AM

There is some crazy agenda on the boards and on Twitter that Maggie has somehow become everyone's Mother and she's taking family airtime away from those who should have it. Maggie has essentially morphed into Alice Horton, with a few differences, but Maggie is the quintessential supporting player and is inexpensive to play versus other vets who make double and triple what she makes. The woman basically works because she loves the show and for the health insurance. And, as referenced above, she really isn't on that much. She probably has a one day a week guarantee. She's not eating the show.

by Anonymousreply 102February 27, 2020 1:29 PM

The John & Marlena fans hate her with a vengeance. They really are the most annoying & entitled Days fan base. Their pairing is always front & center. They have many of their kids & grand .kids on the show. They even routinely get make out scenes.

But God forbid Maggie's close to Brady or that one of Maggie's children has returned to the show.

by Anonymousreply 103February 27, 2020 2:36 PM

I hate her.

EJami fan!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 104February 27, 2020 5:29 PM

that was the big Evan reveal? I think(hope) something changed along the way because what a lame reveal

by Anonymousreply 105February 27, 2020 9:23 PM

Have they even mentioned Hope in weeks?

by Anonymousreply 106February 28, 2020 12:38 AM

R105 next week Evan is supposed to Sonny reveal that he's baby David father and try to convince him that they can still be together.

by Anonymousreply 107February 28, 2020 1:06 AM

I know reality shouldn't really be a thing on soaps but the fact the Salem PD just assumed the DNA on Jordan was the baby's is ridiculous... Nancy Drew-Ciara figured it out in ONE day??

by Anonymousreply 108February 28, 2020 8:05 PM

Why aren't they exploring prison rape with Ben and Clyde? Maybe they could've bonded and healed their relationship during their anal rejuvenation surgeries.

by Anonymousreply 109March 3, 2020 1:28 AM

R109 not for one of Albert's favorites will that happen.

by Anonymousreply 110March 3, 2020 1:50 AM

Ben's execution was such a pale imitation of the far superior execution of OLTL's Todd/Victor.

RSW is not TSJ

Maelena as the sole witness is such nothingness compared to an entire room full of Todd/Victor's loved ones watching. I sobbed during the OLTL scenes while I groaned thru the Days scenes.

by Anonymousreply 111March 3, 2020 7:25 AM

Ben flatlines Wednesday - does he die?!?!!!!

I NEED RSW on my screen!

by Anonymousreply 112March 3, 2020 11:57 AM

Spoiler Alert r112:

He survives. There's a rumor that Ben and Ciara may get married.

by Anonymousreply 113March 3, 2020 1:29 PM

Thank you, R113!

RSW is the hottest guy on DAYS since James Scott.

by Anonymousreply 114March 3, 2020 1:31 PM

Creepy Christian was completely unconvincing while declaring his lust for Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 115March 3, 2020 1:32 PM

I want to like DOOL so much but there is no way in hell Marlena (or Sami, Roman or Maggie for that matter) wouldn't be at the hospital with her granddaughter having surgery but instead she is at the prison in that scooby-doo DNA shit with Evan(now to be fair, Marlena didn't show up to Grace's funeral but Marlena wasn't on canvas at the time)... Where are the actual police dealing with Evan but Will and Ciara take control?

Does Ciara even know that her mom is been taken over?

by Anonymousreply 116March 3, 2020 7:51 PM

and pistol-packing Ciara getting INTO a prison and all the time to the execution room??? Come on Ron!!!

by Anonymousreply 117March 3, 2020 8:03 PM

R114

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 3, 2020 11:43 PM

Ooh, thank you!

by Anonymousreply 119March 3, 2020 11:55 PM

Not a single DL vote cast for Steve/Kayla in the thread poll yet.

Shocking.

by Anonymousreply 120March 4, 2020 5:02 AM

Evan looks like he'll be on his way out soon

unless his dad buts him out of prison.

by Anonymousreply 121March 5, 2020 7:59 AM

r121

I am curious who he called and I'm assuming that's who is taking care of David. I don't remember seeing that Evan is leaving so...

by Anonymousreply 122March 5, 2020 12:08 PM

Justin has been made a series regular now.

His wife is dead. Both his son & son-in-law have been sent packing. Kayla looks like she'll be back with Steve sooner or later.

I wonder what they'll have him do?

by Anonymousreply 123March 6, 2020 5:04 AM

It seems as though Days queen Jason47 is saying that it's not completely true about Justin r123.

by Anonymousreply 124March 6, 2020 5:13 AM

R124 Thanks for that update.

It's probably just a rumor.

Justin couldn't have a real contract worthy focus on the show with his key supporting players all off canvas.

by Anonymousreply 125March 6, 2020 5:33 AM

Maybe it's one of those short-term type contracts to guarantee that Kurth is available to do Days for so many weeks (so that he doesn't get tied up or commit to doing something over at General Hospital during that time).

by Anonymousreply 126March 6, 2020 5:39 AM

Savannah Wilder comes back to town and recruits Justin to do daddy porn.

by Anonymousreply 127March 6, 2020 12:00 PM

Kurth was on contract during the period of shows that are now airing. He is no longer on contract in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 128March 6, 2020 12:17 PM

R123

Kurth called out that Twitter site that said he's on contract. He said that is not the case.

by Anonymousreply 129March 6, 2020 12:22 PM

Today's episode sucked big time.

Chad is now all of a sudden hearing Stefano in his head?

Gabi saying how she loved Eli didn't seem very believable to me. Not one of CB's finer moments acting wise.

Kate misses Stefano & is moving back into the mansion again?

John's stickface at the end was just too much.

by Anonymousreply 130March 6, 2020 8:06 PM

r130

I thought it was really confusing and I didn't get that Stefano put something in Chad's drink last week until I read it somewhere then I got it why they kept replaying that scene of Chad drinking in front of Stefano's picture. I'm assuming he implanted something that way

by Anonymousreply 131March 6, 2020 8:36 PM

this came up as a recommendation on youtube, Why was Edmund from AMC with Lexie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 8, 2020 2:38 PM

If you stopped watching The Young and the Restless, then you should start tuning back in this week! Scoche Marin will be debuting as the new Katherine Chancellor next week!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 8, 2020 2:56 PM

Does anyone here think that Remington Hoffman will be the new Paul?

If so will he come between WilSon yet again?

by Anonymousreply 134March 11, 2020 10:23 AM

According to SOD Evan will be revealed as Orpheus' son.

by Anonymousreply 135March 11, 2020 3:14 PM

R134 There's no need for new anyone on that front, as boring ol' WilSon are being written out.

In any event, Remington Hoffman's character is named "Li Shin."

by Anonymousreply 136March 11, 2020 5:33 PM

No R134.

by Anonymousreply 137March 12, 2020 12:22 AM

If Gabi got the axe - Camila seemed pissed on social media around the time Chandler and Fred were fired, but I didn't read it and she deleted it so I know very little really - then I guess her and Stefan leave the show together and Like and Chad fight iver DiMera..?

No point having Chad, Stefan and Li battling.

I imagine there is a TON of apathy behind the scenes of DOOL.

by Anonymousreply 138March 12, 2020 7:31 AM

Li rapes Chad?

by Anonymousreply 139March 12, 2020 10:59 AM

What??

No, Li and Chad battle for the company. Probably.

by Anonymousreply 140March 13, 2020 8:08 AM

Chad I believe is supposedly leaving along with Abby r140.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141March 13, 2020 8:20 AM

r141

Is Abby not coming back either like JJ?

by Anonymousreply 142March 13, 2020 8:59 AM

Kate Manzi supposedly leaves before Flynn. She's getting married really soon & she opted to leave early o better handle all the wedding plans.

by Anonymousreply 143March 13, 2020 4:19 PM

Ceremony to be held in the hospital broom closet, reception to follow in the DiMera lockerroom showers.

by Anonymousreply 144March 13, 2020 5:25 PM

If Orpheus is Evan's father then who is his mother?

by Anonymousreply 145March 13, 2020 6:48 PM

I guess that will leave Chad alone and give him free time to go troll the back alley of The Spot r143.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146March 13, 2020 7:12 PM

General Hospital just shut down production due to Coronavirus. Days could shut down for 4 months and still have 3 months of episodes in the can.

by Anonymousreply 147March 13, 2020 9:50 PM

now that Orpheus is revealed to be Evan's dad, I hope he is Marlena and John's child that Orpheus raised and Evan doesn't know.... I would be ok with that

by Anonymousreply 148March 13, 2020 11:15 PM

Evan murdered Jordan.

Marlena doesn't need another murderer for a child.

by Anonymousreply 149March 13, 2020 11:16 PM

r149

true I didn't think about that but I think Evan didn't kill Jordan, I'm hoping for a twist

by Anonymousreply 150March 13, 2020 11:20 PM

Has Belle killed anyone? Sami and Eric both have.

by Anonymousreply 151March 13, 2020 11:23 PM

Remind me who Sami killed? I'm blanking. I remember her shooting EJ's head and Alan's balls.

by Anonymousreply 152March 14, 2020 6:11 AM

Maybe Orpheus killed Jordan & Evan is covering for his dad for some reason (to find his real mom perhaps?).

Evan then reunites with his mama Marlena & NuDaddy John.

John = " I now have another LGBT kid? WTF! "

by Anonymousreply 153March 14, 2020 6:11 AM

R138 I agree. I bet the whole contract situation is despised by the cast & crew.

Does anyone know what Gabi wrote on her SM account before it was deleted?

by Anonymousreply 154March 14, 2020 6:14 AM

I never understood why a Jarlena baby never happened from her missing time

by Anonymousreply 155March 14, 2020 12:15 PM

I would rather see Jarlena involved in Arianna's life.

by Anonymousreply 156March 14, 2020 6:59 PM

I'd rather Arianna be retconned into non-existence.

TomSell ruined Will's entire coming out just so they could stick a gay couple with a kid. How innovative.

MarDar were excellent with Will, as well as Sami & EJ, Jarlena and many others.

Gay TomSell were worse than Dena.

by Anonymousreply 157March 14, 2020 7:01 PM

The 👶 who be known as Arianna was first planned out by Dena and Ken liked her idea. She planned on having Will fuck Gabi and get her pregnant then essentially push Will and Sonny to the background mostly once they got together. When Dena came back again she wanted to have it revealed during a medical crisis that Chad and not Will was actually baby Arianna's father.

by Anonymousreply 158March 14, 2020 8:39 PM

Much better than the TomSell shit story.

by Anonymousreply 159March 14, 2020 8:44 PM

The lack of Maggie, Roman and Marlena in their grandchild's story has been almost unforgivable

by Anonymousreply 160March 14, 2020 10:04 PM

Days has a scheduled break next week. I guess then they'll decide whether or not to suspend production like GH has.

by Anonymousreply 161March 14, 2020 10:08 PM

While I hated the baby crap, at least TomSell have us the delicious Paul and Derrick.

by Anonymousreply 162March 14, 2020 10:14 PM

TomSell made Will so hated that he was seen as nuclear waste and unusable anymore.

Then Dena killed him.

by Anonymousreply 163March 14, 2020 10:17 PM

Though, the Paul and Will mansex during TomSell was both nuclear and usable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 14, 2020 10:46 PM

MBE and SN have announced that beginning Monday March 16th Days will temporarily shut down due to Covid-19.

by Anonymousreply 165March 15, 2020 12:29 AM

Days better watch it with these shut downs. Their time on network TV seems tenuous at best. Maybe they can write the virus into the scripts or something.

by Anonymousreply 166March 15, 2020 1:31 AM

R165 I saw that video of MBE and SN, and I didn't get that from what they said. All they said was that they're off this coming week. And Queen Jason reports that this is a previously-scheduled week off for the show, so it sounds more like one of the show's regular weeks when they go dark. Nichols simply added, "Then after that, who knows?"

by Anonymousreply 167March 15, 2020 1:52 AM

Oh r167 I didn't know. Someone told me they saw this news over at Frau Central about Days possibly shutting down temporarily.

R166 They did a virus storyline a few years ago. Where Paul's grandad after trying to brainwash him. Secretly had him injected with a virus before he was saved by John with the intent of having Paul be patient zero and spread the virus to everyone in Salem. They also had that "Jungle Madness" storyline where Paul gets infected and goes crazy then tries to kill people.

by Anonymousreply 168March 15, 2020 2:20 AM

I remember those virus storylines R168. I have literally been watching this show all of the days of my life.

Granted, I was 4-years old when it started, but it was always on in our house. I having a harder time staying committed lately though. I still record it everyday, but I’m fast forwarding through a lot.

The time jump let down, the cast exits & firings after the contract issues, long show hiatus and waiting for NBC’s decision to renew really brought a dark cloud and death rattle to the show. It saddens me.

I’ll always still watch. I DVR the shows everyday and I always leave a tv tuned to NBC during the day so the show gets the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 169March 15, 2020 2:48 AM

My current guess is Orpheus only raised Evan after his children died(I think they died... isn't that part of why he hated John/Roman because Orpheus thought John/ROman killed his family) and Marlena gave birth to John's child while she was in her coma and Orpheus took the baby

by Anonymousreply 170March 15, 2020 3:05 AM

I would like it if Evan was a John and Marlena baby, but Evan is clearly younger than both Belle and Brady. So the timeline doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 171March 15, 2020 3:11 AM

I remember some online calling the the Yo Ling virus storyline homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 172March 15, 2020 7:20 AM

[quote]Days better watch it with these shut downs. Their time on network TV seems tenuous at best.

If the production stretches on for a while, as I think it will, Days is the only soap that will continue to have new episodes on the air. It may actually come through this stronger, as fans of other networks may gravitate to Days for their soap fix.

by Anonymousreply 173March 15, 2020 2:34 PM

[quote]If the production stretches on for a while, as I think it will, Days is the only soap that will continue to have new episodes on the air. It may actually come through this stronger, as fans of other networks may gravitate to Days for their soap fix.

Very true!! This seven months worth of shows already taped may finally work out for Days.

by Anonymousreply 174March 15, 2020 2:46 PM

[quote] fans of other networks may gravitate to Days for their soap fix.

Without William? Not this Y&R semi-fan.

by Anonymousreply 175March 15, 2020 2:52 PM

Chandler is on the show at least until September/October due to the filming schedule.

by Anonymousreply 176March 15, 2020 4:14 PM

We've had about 56 people take time to vote in the above poll

so thanks to everyone for recording their opinions on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 177March 15, 2020 5:19 PM

well I guess today debunks the Evan theory but now where is the sister?

by Anonymousreply 178March 16, 2020 9:01 PM

The actor who plays Evan seems much more talented in his scenes with the actor who plays Orpheus. Being in scenes with Freddie drags everyone down.

by Anonymousreply 179March 16, 2020 9:58 PM

Ron C. tweeted yesterday that the show has "already taped Halloween and some of November sweeps so there will be plenty of Days of Our Lives." He is writing Christmas next week.

This morning, Deadline reports that Days is on a planned hiatus this week and next, and then "will remain dark after that until further notice."

by Anonymousreply 180March 18, 2020 6:27 PM

Thanks R180 That's good to know. I wonder if old timers like Victor, Doug & Julie will come back or stay off for awhile for their own health concerns.

It looks like Clyde help set his daughter up with "Evan".

Great guy as always.

by Anonymousreply 181March 19, 2020 3:03 AM

Still no new plots or characters onthe canvas.

by Anonymousreply 182March 20, 2020 11:27 PM

Leo returns April 1st

by Anonymousreply 183March 21, 2020 1:16 PM

r183

I liked Leo and he should be John's son. I wish Evan were John's son just so John had numerous gay children

by Anonymousreply 184March 21, 2020 1:37 PM

No one believes Brady is straight either.

And his porn collection in the back of his closet proves it.

by Anonymousreply 185March 21, 2020 7:19 PM

You all are failing me. Brady had prolonged scenes in his skivvies & not one post..

He was as orange as the idiot in the White House. WTF was up with that? His legs & thighs were good but he was very thick in the mid section. What happened to soaps giving actors/actresses a head's to get in shape for these types of scenes?

by Anonymousreply 186March 21, 2020 8:16 PM

How do you know he wasn't given a head's up?

He could've lost 20 lbs before that scene. He's had more of a double-chin recently.

Plus, he looked damn good.

by Anonymousreply 187March 21, 2020 9:41 PM

^^^^

Telfer is the gold standard for me. That is a fine ass torso on him.

by Anonymousreply 188March 21, 2020 9:59 PM

[quote] What happened to soaps giving actors/actresses a head's to get in shape for these types of scenes?

How 'bout the good ol' days when real soap hunks kept themselves fit ALL THE TIME.

It used to be that if an actor or actress started putting on weight, the producer would call them in for 'a little chat.'

The last time I heard anything like that was from FCF (a couple years ago, I think). He mentioned in some podcast that he had asked TPTB if he (Sonny) could grow a beard for the role, and the answer was only if he dropped some weight.

by Anonymousreply 189March 21, 2020 10:00 PM

Thus, no beard.

by Anonymousreply 190March 21, 2020 10:06 PM

B&B and Y&R announced suspending production thanks to the Virus What will they air when episodes taped three weeks ago end?

by Anonymousreply 191March 21, 2020 10:18 PM

Since DOOL is so far ahead, will they continue showing new eps when the others won't be able to? I guess DOOL could shoot to no. 1 then lol

by Anonymousreply 192March 21, 2020 10:21 PM

So Orpehus and Evan kidnap Marlena.....what is this...her 3rd kidnapping in 12 months. So stupid.

by Anonymousreply 193March 21, 2020 11:18 PM

The Frau Central bitches think that Evan didn't kill Tammy Sue and that he will be redeemed by a good woman's love, a la Ben.

They think Gabi is perfect for him since they both have been hurt so much.

Don't the Fraus know that Stefan is coming back?

by Anonymousreply 194March 21, 2020 11:41 PM

R194 That's some serious crazy going on over there.

R193 Ugh! Marlena being the focus of a storyline is such a joke. You don't see Julie getting kidnapped all of the time. They need more reality & less bizarro plots.

R191 I can see CBS adding a coronavirus news show to fill the slots. In 3 weeks time it will be going gangbusters all over the states & planet (plus stock market coverage).

R192 LOL! It could very well happen finally. Maybe there will be a "Corday Labs" opening up for more bioweapon research on viruses (they always go with whatever works).

R186 I really didn't care for his bod in 2020. I liked it more in years past. He looked like a big block had been set on a table with skinny legs. Not my thing.

R183 I can't wait for Leo's return. Something to be excited about. is it only for one episode?

by Anonymousreply 195March 22, 2020 12:56 AM

Leo Stark brings the Coronavirus to Salem...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196March 24, 2020 12:06 AM

. ..

by Anonymousreply 197March 24, 2020 4:31 AM

Does anyone know if a new P&G soap thread was created? I think the last one is pay walled. Link?

by Anonymousreply 198March 24, 2020 4:36 AM

Working from home, watching GH in the background. Wally Kurth has a cute new haircut. Expect to see Justin's new do in 6-8 months. Also, there's a hot guy on the show, he plays a cop - don't know who he is. He could be NuHotSonny.

by Anonymousreply 199March 24, 2020 6:03 PM

I'm sure I am forgetting someone but how many 80s(or maybe 90s) supercouples didn't involve a Brady besides Justin and Adrienne or Jen and Jack

by Anonymousreply 200March 24, 2020 6:27 PM

Calliope and Eugene.

by Anonymousreply 201March 24, 2020 6:29 PM

John and Isabella.

John and Diana.

Pete and Melissa.

Renee & Tony

Tony & Anna (not a real Brady)

by Anonymousreply 202March 24, 2020 6:34 PM

well John was a Brady during the 80s though but I get your point

by Anonymousreply 203March 24, 2020 6:37 PM

John and Isabella married in 1992 after he was no longer thought to be a Brady.

You're right about Diana, though.

by Anonymousreply 204March 24, 2020 6:40 PM

The super couple concept for the show started with the arrival of the Brady family in 1981 via Roman and Marlena romance, and then continued with Bo and Hope.

While Doug and Julie had certainly been a super couple, their romance was in the 70s before the term was coined

by Anonymousreply 205March 24, 2020 9:11 PM

Popular Couples on Days before the Supercouple Era:

Bill and Laura

Doug and Julie

Don and Marlena

Mickey and Maggie

Bill and Susan

Neil and Amanda

Greg and Amanda

Mike and Trish

David and Valerie (controversial)

by Anonymousreply 206March 24, 2020 9:59 PM

Did characters used to smoke on DAYS?

I think they showed Doug or Bill Horton smoking in those flashbacks a few weeks ago.

I think I remember Marlena smoking in the Early 1980s.

Evil Susan Piper would smoke on 'Guiding Light' in 1984, which seems very late.

I don't mean cigars like EJ and Stefano.

by Anonymousreply 207March 24, 2020 10:04 PM

They ran actual credits at the end of the show today. Not the rapid ones at the bottom of the screen as a scroll as usual, but a separate credits sequence.

by Anonymousreply 208March 24, 2020 10:04 PM

Like the old days, with the hourglass R208?

by Anonymousreply 209March 24, 2020 10:05 PM

r207

I thought the same thing after seeing Doug in that flashback

by Anonymousreply 210March 24, 2020 10:06 PM

R209, No, I should have mentioned that. No hourglass, no theme music. Just a black screen with white typeface while generic music unrelated to the show played.

by Anonymousreply 211March 24, 2020 10:08 PM

That’s how they run the credits when you watch it online and via the NBC app.

by Anonymousreply 212March 25, 2020 12:03 AM

These are some characters who smoked onscreen

Stefano smoked cigarettes onscreen when he first arrived.

Eve's friend/mentor Nick Correlli who owned the Wings nightclub in the late 80s smoked regularly.

The villainous JL King (played by Matt Battaglia) smoked on the show.

Princess Gina (Kristin Alfonso) smoked routinely in the late 90s/early 2000 when the character was first coming along.

Don't ever recall Marlena smoking onscreen, but her twin sister Samantha did occasionally back in the late 70s.

by Anonymousreply 213March 25, 2020 2:32 AM

I have an old 60s episode where David Martin is smoking in his car. I believe that Tom smoked a pipe.

by Anonymousreply 214March 25, 2020 2:43 AM

Alice smoked pot in the attic. She also put it in her donuts.

by Anonymousreply 215March 25, 2020 2:56 AM

Does anyone who R3 is going to be playing yet?

by Anonymousreply 216March 25, 2020 4:29 AM

[quote]Alice smoked pot in the attic. She also put it in her donuts.

Ahh, that's where JJ learned how to do it. From his great grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 217March 25, 2020 4:51 AM

DOOL threads use to last 28 days (4 weeks) but this one is headed to 49 days (7 weeks).

They tend to be paywalled around the 56 day timeframe. This one still has some gas in it for those who still want post here for free..

Here is the next one with a new hunk pic & poll =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218March 25, 2020 5:11 AM

Thanks, Jason47, at R214!

by Anonymousreply 219March 25, 2020 3:48 PM

as long it is one day I'm fine with it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220March 25, 2020 9:20 PM

PLEASE bring Shawn Christian's hot body back to DAYS!!!!!!!!! FULL-TIME!!!!!

Imagine Nicole torn between Daniel and Eric!

Jack's organs were harvested and he's still alive, so Daniel can be alive, too!

by Anonymousreply 221March 25, 2020 9:44 PM

[quote]Jack's organs were harvested and he's still alive, so Daniel can be alive, too!

If need be, Brady can give his heart back so Daniel can return!

by Anonymousreply 222March 25, 2020 9:51 PM

Nobody wants to see him and his giant head.

by Anonymousreply 223March 26, 2020 1:51 AM

R223 Which giant head?

by Anonymousreply 224March 26, 2020 4:04 AM

The one in R220's pic.

by Anonymousreply 225March 26, 2020 5:39 AM

R225 I think R224 meant which one of R220's heads?

Is the other one giant too? .. And is he cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 226March 26, 2020 6:43 AM

Is James Scott as tragically tatted up yet as horrifically as Strudel?

by Anonymousreply 227March 27, 2020 12:25 PM

R226 I KNOW what he meant.

This isn't my first day on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 228March 27, 2020 6:12 PM

Is anyone else underwhelmed by the conclusion of all these "One Year Later" storylines?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229March 28, 2020 12:40 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 230March 28, 2020 1:42 AM

R229 The gays were so far down on the list (in that video) that I gave up on seeing them.

I guess they included all of the cast in it.

by Anonymousreply 231March 28, 2020 1:45 AM

The WilSon fans are mad that Ciara and Ben got a longer and somewhat more "explicit" reunion than they did and mad they cut out WilSon going to Adrienne's grave.

by Anonymousreply 232March 28, 2020 2:10 AM

R231 The gays were there for a second or two. Leo is back at the door... WilSon is surprised. That's it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233March 28, 2020 2:43 AM

Why couldn’t we get WilSon shower sex?

by Anonymousreply 234March 28, 2020 2:45 AM

R234 FCF is too fat.

by Anonymousreply 235March 28, 2020 2:47 AM

Look at FCF's double chin...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236March 28, 2020 5:47 AM

I'm gay as a lavender draped Cher doll & I have no desire to see WilSon. They are so awful. I have no issue with them being written off=the sooner the better.

Give me Paul and Leo or any other gays with an actual pulse.

by Anonymousreply 237March 28, 2020 12:25 PM

I second R237. Bring back Chris Sean and Chandler. Let Sonny die a definitive death off screen.

by Anonymousreply 238March 28, 2020 5:16 PM

Chandler/Will is fine. He just needs an actor to spark with. He does not spark with Freddie. He never has. He sparked with original recipe Chad, EJ, and Paul. You get Chandler a dynamic actor to play against and watch my baby come to life.

by Anonymousreply 239March 28, 2020 5:25 PM

Don't forget RSW.

by Anonymousreply 240March 28, 2020 5:37 PM

If you believe the rumors coming out r234 it's because an executive producer with the show doesn't really like having gay stories on the show no matter the character or actor.

by Anonymousreply 241March 29, 2020 3:21 AM

Tony looked better with his out-of-date 1985 hairstyle rather than the new short cut.

by Anonymousreply 242March 30, 2020 8:48 PM

So a week after Marlena is rescued and reunited with John, Orajel is going to kidnap her? Is this show just parody now?

by Anonymousreply 243March 31, 2020 12:29 AM

[quote]So a week after Marlena is rescued and reunited with John, Orajel is going to kidnap her? Is this show just parody now?

No, if I'm not mistaken, that's a play on history. Sometime back in the 80s, seems like John/Roman rescued Marlena. They had about a week of rest before Orpheus showed up and kidnapped her. Show really played her as the victim in those days.

by Anonymousreply 244March 31, 2020 1:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!