Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Supernatural - Part 13

Ten down, ten to go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193February 13, 2020 4:19 PM

Link to Part 12.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2020 4:55 AM

Amazing how that show's been on for so long. Same basic plots for almost every episode. Gotta give the writers credit for being able to stretch it out for years...

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2020 5:14 AM

Used to watch it years ago, but Ackles has turned into such a ham. A 'butch' ham.

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2020 5:15 AM

I think that Dean getting down on his knees for Cas was inevitable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2020 12:19 AM

Carrying on from the last thread, of course the lamp is Cass! I mean, he is a being of light after all.

Oh my god, Dean falling to his knees and feeling completely broken because he thought he might have lost Cass for good was so poignant. Maybe he'll kneel down again in the series finale to ask Cass for his hand in marriage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2020 12:28 AM

Such a terrible show. How do you stand to watch this?

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2020 2:00 AM

Jesus fucking Christ, let it go, R4 and R5.

Nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2020 2:39 AM

Dean may get down on his knees for Cas, but Cas always comes when Dean calls. I don't know who is more whipped.

R7 wishes someone would always come when she calls, poor thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2020 4:56 AM

Glad someone started a Part 13.

Thanks to the haters, the SPN threads usually only go for about 150 posts, before getting paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2020 4:58 AM

Cass is definitely Dean's bitch.

Dean treats him like absolute garbage, but Cass always ends up coming back.

I honestly think that Cass fell in love with Dean, way back in Season 4, when they first met.

It was Kismet.

by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2020 4:59 AM

Omg, the meltdown going down right now at Primetimer is beyond ridiculous. They need to fucking relax.

It was a funny episode and the boys were great in it.

Loved that Garth still has his hunting skills and saved the guys. His family is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 11January 25, 2020 5:03 AM

[quote] The Destiel people are arguing that the lamp Dean danced with is a stand-in for Cas

The exact same thing went through my mind.

Dean doesn't currently have a girlfriend, so since this was all in his mind (while he was under the laughing gas), then he had to be imagining that he was holding someone.

I'd like to think that someone was Castiel.

by Anonymousreply 12January 25, 2020 5:03 AM

We knew this week’s episode of Supernatural was going to be special, but we had no idea just HOW special. When Garth goes to treat Dean for 17(!!) cavities, he uses gas to knock him out. And what does Dean dream about? Just a casual tap dance number with Garth in the bunker.

“So a couple of weeks before I went to shoot the episode, I saw a producer who casually asked me, ‘Do you tap dance,'” guest-star DJ Qualls, who’s played Garth in six episodes of the series, remembers. “And very casually, I was like, ‘No, I don’t.’ Then I get there and I go to my wardrobe fitting and they’re like, ‘So you tap dance, right?’ They send me a video of a full-on choreographed four-minute tap-dancing sequence between Jensen and myself, and I am crapping myself. I said, ‘We can’t do this.'”

Thankfully, Qualls wasn’t in it alone. “Jensen was my absolute hero during this time because he didn’t know what he was doing either,” Qualls says. “They scheduled only like one or two rehearsals and he was like, ‘No, we need this every day.’ And I’m like, ‘Thank you so much.'”

The learning process wasn’t without its mishaps. “I broke two lamps in the hotel because there’s a cane thing,” Qualls says of the routine. But that didn’t stop Qualls from rehearsing at every free moment. “Every time I was out for dinner or I walked to the bathroom, I would go into a stall and do a little bit of the rehearsal.”

And in the end, it paid off, delivering an epic moment Supernatural fans won’t soon forget. “Every time one of these episodes comes out, I’m just as excited as if I’ve done a feature because we spend a good amount of time with fans and we come into contact with the people that actually watch the show,” Qualls says. “It’s important to us to do a good job for them. It really, really is.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 25, 2020 5:13 AM

That dance sequence was very unusual for Supernatural.

I think it was a first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 25, 2020 5:15 AM

The Destiel people are arguing that the lamp Dean danced with is a stand-in for Cas. Maybe it is. Or maybe it's just a lamp, idk.

by Anonymousreply 15January 25, 2020 5:16 AM

Jensen and DJ Qualls gave the dancing a really great shot, but they were WAY off.

They were not in sync at all.

Granted, they're not dancers. And they probably didn't have a lot of time to prepare.

So I give them a lot of credit for making the attempt.

by Anonymousreply 16January 25, 2020 5:26 AM

[quote] The Destiel people are arguing that the lamp Dean danced with is a stand-in for Cas

Also, the title of the song is "Let's Misbehave."

Oh, that's definitely some Destiel shit.

The writers are throwing the shippers a BONE.

by Anonymousreply 17January 25, 2020 5:29 AM

[quote]Jensen and DJ Qualls gave the dancing a really great shot, but they were WAY off.They were not in sync at all.

Agreed. I've been a professional dancer for over ten years and they were just ridiculously off. Production should have done a better job syncing them. But part of what you're seeing R16, is the time lag. It's clear to me that they were filmed tapping VERY slowly and then it was sped up to make it look like they were Ben Verene. This never works out. Dancers like myself can A L W A Y S spot it.

I used to watch this a thousand years ago, and it's so surprising to me that it's still being made. The two brothers looks so different from back in 2005 when I used to watch. But then so do we all. Glad to see it's finally going off------ it's time. It was a good, fun show-----hate to see it circling the drain.

by Anonymousreply 18January 25, 2020 5:51 AM

Garth was much better than Jensen.

by Anonymousreply 19January 25, 2020 5:54 AM

[quote]Also, the title of the song is "Let's Misbehave."

[quote]Oh, that's definitely some Destiel shit.

I'm being the red thread meme right now, but that scene was a gay actor inviting Dean to dance to a song by a famous homosexual. And then Dean dancing in the light, with a light, in a white suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 25, 2020 7:19 AM

Yeah it was definitely filmed slow then sped up. And yeah Garth was the better dancer. Dang, Jensen look so wrinkly and dried out in black and white!

by Anonymousreply 21January 25, 2020 7:25 AM

Well, DJ has the advantage of being one of us. A fellow little homosexual boy.

That being said, his panels with Misha in recent years have made it clear that Jensen is at least heteroflexible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 25, 2020 7:47 AM

Jared looks terrible in OPs gif.

by Anonymousreply 23January 25, 2020 9:10 AM

I wonder why the sudden change of heart by the writers, in terms of the Dean and Cass story?

It looked like they were going to permanently separate them (earlier in the season), but now they're going full on love story!

What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 24January 25, 2020 1:47 PM

I think that Jared looks great there, R23.

All of the guys have aged, so that's normal.

After 15 years, they all have managed to somewhat keep their good looks.

by Anonymousreply 25January 25, 2020 2:03 PM

I can't wait for Destihell to simmer down after SPN ends. Fucking insane the lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 26January 25, 2020 3:56 PM

I think that Misha should play gay in his next acting role.

That would be awesome!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 25, 2020 5:52 PM

R24, maybe it's because they realized that Dean/Castiel is one of the greatest love stories ever told!

Dean, the self-loathing, straight-acting hunter, and his nerdy but badass angel boyfriend, Cas!

A match, indeed, made in Hell!

S15 is leaving the antis SHOOKETH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 25, 2020 11:10 PM

Hmm. You know R27, Misha has said that he's considered running for public office one day. I'd love to see him do that. Then we'd get to see Jared and Jensen in Misha 2022 T-shirts.

by Anonymousreply 29January 26, 2020 12:41 AM

🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮

by Anonymousreply 30January 26, 2020 1:48 AM

R27 I do too. He'll probably end up doing another CW show. I'm surprised he guest starred on one of the Arrowverse shows.

by Anonymousreply 31January 26, 2020 7:34 AM

[quote] Misha has said that he's considered running for public office one day

I didn't know that! It would be awesome to see Misha run for office.

Didn't he work in the Obama Administration at one time?

by Anonymousreply 32January 26, 2020 7:39 AM

I'd be totally down with Misah running for office! I love his politics. I don't trust that Jensen has reformed from being a Republican. I think most of what he did with supporting Beto was for show. Jensen wants a film career and knows he's thought of as a conservative Christian Republican.

I had a problem with the most recent episode. Back in the day we were all "Team Free Will," but now it appears that no one has ANY free will. According to this most recent episode, Sam and Dean weren't kick-ass hunters on their own. It took Chuck to make them special. Now, without Chuck, they are "normal." This means that none of that "saving people hunting things" can be attributed to Sam and Dean. It was all Chuck giving them special powers.

I don't like this at all. I think the writers have made a catastrophic mistake.

by Anonymousreply 33January 26, 2020 7:50 AM

[quote]Didn't he work in the Obama Administration at one time?

He was an intern in the Clinton White House. He was a main or recurring character on Supernatural for all eight years of the Obama administration...damn this show has been going for a long time.

Misha has said that his experience as a White House intern was what caused him to leave DC and go in a different direction. Before that, he'd wanted to pursue politics as a career.

[quote]I'd be totally down with Misah running for office! I love his politics. I don't trust that Jensen has reformed from being a Republican. I think most of what he did with supporting Beto was for show. Jensen wants a film career and knows he's thought of as a conservative Christian Republican.

Misha is the kind of person we need more of in government. He's just a genuinely good person. I just hope that he runs in California if he does take the plunge, because I don't want to see him get torn down by a Republican and California politics is pretty much all Democrats at this point.

I don't know, I feel like Jensen can't be a Republican by now. The party is so different under Donald Trump than it was in the 90s or 2000s and Donald Trump himself is so repugnant to the causes Jensen and Danneel care about. He could be a closet Trumpist but I'd rate that as significantly less likely than him being a closet Mishasexual.

by Anonymousreply 34January 26, 2020 8:06 AM

Jensen can be Misha's Monica Lewinski in The White House. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 35January 26, 2020 11:35 AM

R35 only in your dreams.

by Anonymousreply 36January 26, 2020 12:22 PM

[quote] Jensen can be Misha's Monica Lewinski in The White House. Just sayin'.

Hahaha.

If only he had a blue dress...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 26, 2020 3:06 PM

I'm sure there's a fanfic for that.

Incidentally, Misha says that he likes that people write RPF about him and Jensen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 26, 2020 6:24 PM

Tee hee at R38.

Naughty Misha.

by Anonymousreply 39January 26, 2020 6:50 PM

Here's a long post that explains why Misha is responsible for Jensen evolving in his politics and attitude towards gay people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 27, 2020 12:55 AM

Reading the post at R40, I don't understand why some people are so down on Misha.

In past threads, there has been some real hate directed towards him, like "attention whore," and "thirsty," etc.

I never understood it. He's clearly the good guy.

by Anonymousreply 41January 27, 2020 1:07 AM

R40 this is just a crazy stan making up shit to try to make her stanning Ackles more palatable. Why the fuck are you defending this homophobic douchebag, especially on the DL? He's old, he's untalented, he's not very smart. When he's not overacting as Dean, he's dull as dirt. Just get a better actor to fangirl over instead of tying yourself in knots trying to make Jensen tolerable or tolerant. It's not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 42January 27, 2020 1:14 AM

[Quote] Incidentally, Misha says that he likes that people write RPF about him and Jensen.

I'm sure he was being 100% serious.

by Anonymousreply 43January 27, 2020 1:19 AM

[quote]I'm sure he was being 100% serious.

Well, R43, he brought it up onstage at a con without anyone asking about it, said he likes it, and said he's glad the showrunners aren't gagging him anymore when it comes to talking about fan fiction. He added that there's nothing shameful about M/M ships that fans want to imagine.

So I'm inclined to agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 44January 27, 2020 1:36 AM

R44 I was being sarcastic. RPF fiction is just fucking creepy. Actors always get backlash from shippers if they're the slightest bit negative about it.

by Anonymousreply 45January 27, 2020 2:03 AM

Well, who knows. Misha's weird enough that he may have meant those comments, at least in part, to be taken at face value.

And at SPN cons it's always fans who bring up fanfiction and especially RPF who get booed and heckled by the baying crowd, not the actors who respond to those questions.

by Anonymousreply 46January 27, 2020 2:43 AM

[Quote] And at SPN cons it's always fans who bring up fanfiction and especially RPF who get booed and heckled by the baying crowd, not the actors who respond to those questions.

Well it wouldn't be a fun con if that didn't happen 😄

by Anonymousreply 47January 27, 2020 3:27 AM

Better the whacky RPF questions and the like than 'what's you favourite episode, Jensen?

I mean, you'd think they would love to muck around with these sorts of bizzare queries than having to answer for the thousandth time which ep they liked the best, who is the biggest prankster etc. Zzzzzzzzz.

by Anonymousreply 48January 27, 2020 4:57 AM

Or they could just stop attending cons altogether.

by Anonymousreply 49January 27, 2020 5:54 AM

How anyone watches this crap is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 50January 27, 2020 6:18 AM

"A Supernatural Christmas" remains my very favorite episode.

The ending always makes me tear up.

Dean only has a few months to live, and wants to celebrate Christmas with Sam. But Sam has bad childhood memories of the holiday, and says he wants no part of it.

By the end of the episode, Sam surprises Dean with a cozy little party of egg nog and gifts. It's the sweetest thing ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 27, 2020 11:30 AM

Did the show say farewell to all the former cast members?

I can't think of anyone else that hasn't been seen this season.

Ketch, Kevin, Rowena, Garth, Jody Mills, Donna.... anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 52January 27, 2020 6:07 PM

I'm gonna miss SPN so much.

:o*(

by Anonymousreply 53January 27, 2020 10:33 PM

Donna hasn’t been seen. We barely saw Jodie.

I think Charlie has to say goodbye as well.

by Anonymousreply 54January 28, 2020 12:47 AM

LOL It's so past time for this shit to end. Nowhere but the CW would crap like this get 15 years. What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 55January 28, 2020 4:23 AM

[quote] I think Charlie has to say goodbye as well.

They already killed off Charlie. The real Charlie.

This Charlie is from the alternate universe, so she doesn't share the same experience with the Winchesters.

That's probably why they're not including her in the final season.

What's Felicia Day up to, any way?

by Anonymousreply 56January 28, 2020 5:14 AM

[Quote] What's Felicia Day up to, any way?

Something with Joss Whedon??

by Anonymousreply 57January 28, 2020 5:21 AM

R51, I always appreciated the flashback episodes in the earlier seasons. "Supernatural Christmas" was definitely one of the best of those.

I don't know what my favourite episode would be. Maybe "The Third Man"? It has a lot to offer:

-After the standard body horror cold open, we're treated to prurient and objectifying camerawork over Sam's half-naked body. At the same time, Dean is having a dream in which he's shirtless. The two brothers' exposed bodies are intercut as the opening credits roll. As usual, SPN's core competency is homoerotic subtext.

-Dean's prayer to Castiel, and then the famous line: "Dean and I do share a more profound bond. I wasn't going to mention it." A few minutes later, Dean orders Cas to come whenever Sam calls, just as he would for him. When Cas rebuffs him, he pouts.

-Castiel's air quotes and the "multidimensional wavelength of celestial intent."

-Castiel's characterization is just perfect in this episode. It drifted a lot in Season 5 and drifted a lot more in later seasons, but he's pitch perfect here. And Misha's performance is great.

-The stunt where Sam's car is destroyed is awesome.

-The palpable Dean/Castiel tension throughout the scrying ritual scene. Culminating in Castiel grabbing Dean's hand and cutting it, as if he's entitled to Dean's body in a way that they both tacitly understand.

-I like Balthazar.

-The way Raphael is dealt with at the end is visually pleasing.

-Castiel backing up Dean near the end, only to overrule him after that and free Balthazar, is great. I'm so over the Winchesters trying to renege on every deal they make.

-Dean catching a scent of Sam's bullshit in the final scene, before they get into the Impala once again and things are sort of reset post-Swan Song, wraps things up nicely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 28, 2020 5:37 AM

I've always fancied Jensen since he played Marlena's son on DOOL. Pity he's never shown bulge or ass. Jared does look bad in OP gif. Hope he's OK.

by Anonymousreply 59January 28, 2020 5:53 AM

I don't remember "The Third Man" at all, R58.

It sounds really good, though, in the way that you described it.

I'm going to have to watch out for that episode, the next time it airs on TNT.

by Anonymousreply 60January 28, 2020 5:54 AM

I hate to break it to you, R59, but you're going to need a new crush. Because Ackles now looks like Eric Brady's grandfather.

by Anonymousreply 61January 28, 2020 1:18 PM

Bullshit, R61,

Jensen looks exactly the same as he did when he started the show.

You can barely tell the difference. BARELY.

The guy hasn't aged a bit.

by Anonymousreply 62January 28, 2020 3:15 PM

[quote]Jensen looks exactly the same as he did when he started the show. You can barely tell the difference. BARELY. The guy hasn't aged a bit.

You are completely delusional, R62.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 28, 2020 3:23 PM

[quote]The guy hasn't aged a bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 28, 2020 3:25 PM

I still want to see his big willy

by Anonymousreply 65January 28, 2020 3:31 PM

He was certainly pretty enough to play Dee Dee's son back in his DOOL days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 28, 2020 3:33 PM

Jensen and Jared both look like shit these days. Jared looks like ten miles of bad road and Jensen looks like a wraith sucked all the moisture out of him and left a husk.

They are both so fucking lucky! So many more talented better looking guys out there. Jensen and Jared's decent looks, good chemistry and the fact that this shitty show was on the CW culminated into a perfect storm of outrageous luck for them.

It's still an awful show, though.

by Anonymousreply 67January 28, 2020 3:41 PM

[bold]R E T H U G L I C A N ! ! ! ! ![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 68January 28, 2020 3:43 PM

You haters are absolutely RELENTLESS.

Don't you have anything better to do, than troll Supernatural threads?

You are so insanely jealous of Jared and Jensen's success. They are multi-millionaires, have happy families, they're starring on a hit show, and have millions of fans.

That must KILL you haters.

It brings me nothing but joy, to know that Jared's new show got picked up by the CW. Because I know that it's just burning you up!

by Anonymousreply 69January 28, 2020 5:22 PM

Misha's latest tweet is all about the little homosexual boys and girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 28, 2020 7:53 PM

What's the occasion for that, R70?

by Anonymousreply 71January 28, 2020 7:54 PM

Not sure. But it's always a good day to speak out against discrimination and bullying!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 28, 2020 8:04 PM

Oh look, if it isn't the NOH8 campaign that Jensen refused to do a spot for because he "couldn't fit it into his schedule."

by Anonymousreply 73January 28, 2020 8:08 PM

R73?

Be like Elsa. Let it go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 28, 2020 10:27 PM

If Jensen really does still harbour some discomfort when it comes to male homosexuality, Dean spreading his legs for Cas at the end of the series would only be that much sweeter.

I still kind of doubt he's homophobic, though. He doesn't seem like a bigot...just a white male Texan who had a conservative upbringing and made some insensitive comments in the past. Misha's been converting him for a while now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 28, 2020 10:34 PM

[quote] Misha's been converting him for a while now.

I'll say...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 28, 2020 10:43 PM

More conversion therapy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 28, 2020 10:45 PM

What episode was this from?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 28, 2020 11:51 PM

Cockles shippers are embarrassing 😣

by Anonymousreply 79January 28, 2020 11:51 PM

Wow, that's HUGE that Misha is doing a NoHa8 photo!!!! There were [italic]SO[/italic] many threads about Jensen refusing to do these back in the day. There was even a photographer on DataLounge who did he NoHa8 Campaign photos who was talking about it. The scuttebut twas that when Jensen refused to do it the powers that be strongly suggested Jared not do it either as a form of damage control and to avoid "controversy."

They can goddamn both rot as far as I care.

[quote] I still kind of doubt he's homophobic, though. He doesn't seem like a bigot...just a white male Texan who had a conservative upbringing [bold]and made some insensitive comments in the past. [/bold]

Christ, what a dumb bitch you are, R75. I suppose you're the same MARY! prisspot who claims that we're all just jealous of Jensen and Jared. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 80January 28, 2020 11:57 PM

There was even a photographer on DataLounge who did THE NoHa8 Campaign . . .

by Anonymousreply 81January 28, 2020 11:59 PM

Jensen and Misha did the NOH8 campaign together...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 29, 2020 12:00 AM

[Quote] There was even a photographer on DataLounge who did he NoHa8 Campaign photos who was talking about it.

Did he mention any other actors who refused to participate??

by Anonymousreply 83January 29, 2020 12:07 AM

Not that I recall R83. But at the time the rumor was that Jensen Ackles had flat out refused to participate.

by Anonymousreply 84January 29, 2020 12:17 AM

[quote] Jensen Ackles had flat out refused to participate

That's his prerogative, isn't it?

There are lots of celebrities in Hollywood who didn't participate in the campaign.

It doesn't make them homophobic. They just had their reasons.

by Anonymousreply 85January 29, 2020 12:20 AM

Are you really that fucking stupid, R85???

Given the fact that Ackles was well known at the time to be a goddam Christian Fundamentalist, then yes, I would think that it would be quite easy to extrapolate that he's a fucking HOMOPHOBE.

Some of you people are so stupid you don't even deserve oxygen.

by Anonymousreply 86January 29, 2020 12:44 AM

R75 Did you really just type, "Jensen Ackles isn't homophobic, he's just (insert textbook definition of homophobic)"?? You and this shitty show deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 87January 29, 2020 12:45 AM

Amen, R87, Amen.

The Supernatural fans are the dumbest on DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 88January 29, 2020 12:47 AM

R74?

Be like a whore and

SUCK MY DICK!

by Anonymousreply 89January 29, 2020 12:50 AM

Cockles is delightful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 29, 2020 12:59 AM

Cockles is beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 29, 2020 1:00 AM

They would make the perfect gay couple at R90 and R91.

by Anonymousreply 92January 29, 2020 1:01 AM

More Cockles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 29, 2020 1:10 AM

Haha, that reminds me of this picture, R93:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 29, 2020 1:19 AM

R55 "LOL It's so past time for this shit to end. Nowhere but the CW would crap like this get 15 years. What a joke"

You literally come here every second day to say the same thing....over and over and over.

At least try and come up with something different.

by Anonymousreply 95January 29, 2020 2:04 AM

I just don't understand you people. "Cockles" (which is--bar none--the stupidest thing I've ever typed) is NOT REAL. Jensen's homophobia is very real and widely well known. Don't you have any self-respect?

by Anonymousreply 96January 29, 2020 2:07 AM

Have some more Cockles, R96. It sounds like you need it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 29, 2020 2:18 AM

[quote]You literally come here every second day to say the same thing....over and over and over.

If you think there's only one person on this thread who thinks that this shit should have ended years ago, R95, you're stupid as fuck in addition to having terrible taste in television shows.

by Anonymousreply 98January 29, 2020 2:27 AM

[quote]They are both so fucking lucky! So many more talented better looking guys out there. Jensen and Jared's decent looks, good chemistry and the fact that this shitty show was on the CW culminated into a perfect storm of outrageous luck for them.

THIS^^^^

by Anonymousreply 99January 29, 2020 2:29 AM

This thread needs more Sam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100January 29, 2020 2:36 AM

[Quote] Don't you have any self-respect?

Most shippers don't.

by Anonymousreply 101January 29, 2020 7:58 AM

What is your fucking issue with Shippers?

Everyone on the goddamned internet does it.

But some of you cunts act as though Supernatural fans are the only ones who do it.

by Anonymousreply 102January 29, 2020 2:53 PM

I absolutely do not have a problem with shippers. But some shippers are delusional. "Cockles" is not real and does not make Jensen Ackles an ally for gays. It in no way erases Jensen's homophobia and the cruel way he has talked about/voted/acted towards gay people. If he looks okay with the "cockles" ship in any of those stupid gifs someone keeps posting, I guarantee you it's under duress to help keep his job because his "acting" isn't helping, that's for sure.

This is a forum that should not in any way laud homophobic people (and the damn show isn't even good!) Take that shit to Reddit or Primetimer or wherever.

by Anonymousreply 103January 29, 2020 3:09 PM

R103, you constantly repeat the allegation that Jensen "is" homophobic without any evidence. Saying he IS homophobic is different from him joking in an interview in 2008 that he didn't want to do a cowboy movie anymore because of Brokeback Mountain. A person can say ignorant or insensitive things at some point in their lives and not be homophobic. Jesus, it's hard to see how some of you people shrieking about Ackles manage in the real world. Pretty much everyone I knew in high school and college made jokes about Brokeback Mountain, gay, straight and bi alike. In fact, my liberal gay friends were MORE likely to make Brokeback references at the movie's expense. Religious conservative people I knew preferred to pretend that it didn't exist.

Why am I dwelling on this? Because it's the only cut and dried, on the record instance of Jensen saying something that could be construed as homophobic. It was twelve years ago and a throwaway line in one interview.

Him registering as a Republican when he first moved to Los Angeles in the mid-1990s is not evidence that he is homophobic.

Hearsay about him turning down It Gets Better and No H8--which are rumours started here, by a single poster in a thread started to attack him--is not evidence that he is homophobic.

Him not supporting Bi Dean or Wincest or Destiel is not evidence that he is homophobic.

R103, you constantly come to the Supernatural threads to trash the show and the actors. This is what you posted in Part 12:

[quote]You know, I have been waiting for years and years for this dreck of a show to end. Just think, in a just world we could have had 3 great shows, 5 awesome seasons per show, and 6 talented lead actors with depth and range all for the time and money spent on this terrible show.

[quote]But now I'm thinking Supernatural is like a poisonous chemical spill and the best thing we as a people can do is quarantine the mess. Keep Supernatural going for 40 seasons on the horrible CW and keep talent-less Padalecki and Ackles from infecting any other programming.

Aside from histrionic shrieking about a thing other people happen to enjoy, your other favourite thing to do is attack Jensen for being homophobic without any receipts. Repetition is not proof. Saying "everyone knows something" is not proof. Trying to cow people into agreeing with you by asserting your sole right to police a gay space is not proof.

One wonders why you're so invested in this, especially since you despise the show, the actors, and the fans. Maybe find something better to do with your life than constantly harassing people who DO enjoy Supernatural? You're only creating more Supernatural threads, after all.

Okay, deep breath. Time for more Cockles!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 29, 2020 6:20 PM

Thank you, R104. That bitch was getting tiresome.

By the way, even though Jensen registered GOP in the 1990s, his only known political donations and endorsements have been to Democrats. A local Democrat in Malibu back in the 2000s and then Beto and MJ Hegar, a congressional candidate, in 2018. Daneel donated the maximum allowable to both campaigns.

You can look all this up.

by Anonymousreply 105January 29, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote] One wonders why you're so invested in this, especially since you despise the show, the actors, and the fans. Maybe find something better to do with your life than constantly harassing people who DO enjoy Supernatural?

Thank you for calling out this asshole!!!!

IT has ruined so many Supernatural threads, and is probably responsible for getting them paywalled after only 150 posts.

For someone who hates the show so much, they are SO invested in it. I find that to be sad and pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 106January 29, 2020 6:38 PM

I have hated Supernatural for nigh on 15 years, but since you seem to know my posts, you can see I only started posting here since hearing Supernatural was canceled. I admit, I want Jensen's career to die with it. He's untalented, no longer attractive, and IS homophobic. He (and Jared) have already had more success than they rightly deserve. As for Mischa (or whatever his name is) I have never seen him act since I haven't attempted to watch a single episode since the first season, but he seems like a good guy and I wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

by Anonymousreply 107January 29, 2020 7:15 PM

R104 is spot on.

The truly deranged ones are the nutjobs who slavishly follow a show they supposedly hate. Follow the actors they supposedly hate, chase up ratings figures of a show they supposedly hate and know MORE about Supernatural than the actual fans LOL!

For most, Destiel is a bit of lark to indulge in and have a bit of fun with. The fans are generally peaceful people.

When you read the haters posts, you get the vibe that these people are both unhinged and just a tad threatening.

You wouldn't want to come into contact with them in public. You'd half expect them to pull a knife on you at any minute.

Where do these nutters come from?

What's their problem?

They certainly come across hate filled and disturbed.

by Anonymousreply 108January 29, 2020 8:40 PM

The more I listen to the line at 1:30, the more convinced I am that Dean is saying "I love you" during his prayer to Cas. The consonant and vowel sounds don't match the alternative explanation, which is him stumbling over "I don't know" (the next line).

Now I'm wondering whether Jensen ad libbed that or if it was in the script but he chose to deliver it in that way. He was already supposed to say "I love you" to Cas seven seasons ago, but he replaced it with "I need you"...so it's not like the writers are averse to Dean saying that. Jensen said at the time that he thought "I love you" should be saved for the end of the show. Well, we're at it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109January 29, 2020 10:16 PM

Thank you R104. Thread needs more sanity like this.

by Anonymousreply 110January 29, 2020 10:39 PM

I hear it too, R109.

Related: Jensen was asked what he's most excited for Dean to tackle in the final season.

He says "Cass."

I wonder why he would say that, even if he amended it to a more comprehensive answer. I think he's finally come around to Destiel being together somehow at the end of the show and subtext being made text. It shows in his performances as well. 15x09 was the most I've seen Jensen emote as Dean, probably ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 29, 2020 11:13 PM

[Quote] What is your fucking issue with Shippers?Everyone on the goddamned internet does it. But some of you cunts act as though Supernatural fans are the only ones who do it.

No not everyone on the internet does it. Supernatural just happens to be more well known for it.

[Quote] Take that shit to Reddit or Primetimer or wherever.

I think you mean tumblr.

[Quote] The fans are generally peaceful people.

Nnnnnnnn

by Anonymousreply 112January 29, 2020 11:23 PM

R104, you're just pathetic as hell. I swear to Christ, I think the Supernatural fans are crazier than any other people out there and that's saying a lot. I'm a lawyer and have to deal with crazy people all day long, and you guys are no different from them.

I read these threads and can't help but laugh.

You're grown ass men for fuck's sake!

If you were all thirteen year old girls I might be more accepting.

So Let me get this straight, R104--YOU'RE going to call out someone for posting TWICE on a thread?? JFC, how many times have YOU posted on the Supernatural threads? Ten million times, I would bet, gushing over some D List actor who, no matter how much you protest, is a registered Republican who, like others before me have said, ain't gonna fuck you, no matter how much you take up for him.

I'd bet a year's salary (more than what you basement dwellers make in a lifetime) that many of you are the very same person praising R104 over and over under different aliases . . . if you're not actually R104 just jerking himself off over this shit.

So take a deep breath and don't lose your shit, Supernatural Fan Fraus . . . I actually live in Austin, in your boy's very neighborhood. My partner and I see him and his wife all the damn time. We saw them not three weeks ago in the Arboretum.

Honest to God, he's nothing special. Due to a fantastic twist of fate, I once saw Brad Pitt up close and personal when he was forty-five and it was a religious experience. He was absolutely beautiful. Jensen, on the other hand, just looks like a middle aged guy who was probably decent looking in high school.

He's a shitty actor who doesn't deserve an Emmy and is nothing more than a guy who had a pretty face who got lucky.

Now, be good little Supernatural Fraus and kindly FUCK OFF!

And no, I'm neither jealous of these untalented dipshits nor a "hateful beast."

Incidentally, Hateful Beast Frau . . . . M A R Y ! ! ! !

by Anonymousreply 113January 30, 2020 1:48 AM

r113, please tell me you and your partner had a "special moment" right in front of the Ackles in that Arboretum. You'd be my new hero, and I can only imagine Jensen's brain short circuiting as he mumbles something about "needing to take back his country" while foaming at the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 114January 30, 2020 2:14 AM

I hate to disappoint you, R114, but my partner is actually a psychiatrist, so our "special moment" consisted of the two of us wondering just what the hell people see in him.

And just to keep you in the loop, his wife looks like every other forty-plus woman who's had too much lip filler and too much facial stretching . . . and I say that as an early forties guy who's no stranger to cosmetic procedures.

by Anonymousreply 115January 30, 2020 3:01 AM

I wonder what sort of Dean/Cas scenes we'll get tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 30, 2020 3:17 AM

I hate this show so goddamn bad. It's my litmus test. If someone tells me they watch this shit then forget it. I'm not going to be their friend; not going to listen to their problems; and definitely not going to fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 117January 30, 2020 3:28 AM

[quote] If someone tells me they watch this shit then forget it. I'm not going to be their friend; not going to listen to their problems; and definitely not going to fuck them.

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

by Anonymousreply 118January 30, 2020 5:35 AM

[Quote] And just to keep you in the loop, his wife looks like every other forty-plus woman who's had too much lip filler and too much facial stretching

She should have left her face alone. The boob job was enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119January 30, 2020 8:24 AM

LOL R113

You sound completely unhinged. Full of rage, anger, bitterness etc. You name it.

Get a life as they say. Stop stalking things you supposedly despise.

Your post has actually confirmed all that's wrong with the haters.

Essentially violently inclined people(I mean, just read their rants!) with a sharpened axe to grind against a TV show. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 120January 30, 2020 8:30 AM

[quote] I actually live in Austin, in your boy's very neighborhood. My partner and I see him and his wife all the damn time. We saw them not three weeks ago in the Arboretum.

[quote] Honest to God, he's nothing special

Yeah, and I'm sure that you're just an Adonis.

99% of the population would DISAGREE with you, because most people think that Jensen is very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 121January 30, 2020 5:25 PM

Started a Supernatural Part 14 thread, just in case.

We all know why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 30, 2020 5:28 PM

R120/R121 Please stop engaging people who disagree with you. You succeed at nothing other than coming off as childish and opinionated because someone disagrees with you.

You may think you're serving a witty riposte but in reality you're just proving the haters right and making fans look stupid and petty.

Just ignore people and move on.

by Anonymousreply 123January 30, 2020 5:42 PM

Jensen/Dean exuding Insatiable Bottom Energy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124January 30, 2020 9:32 PM

GIF of R124. Better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 30, 2020 9:47 PM

Jack's back!

Jensen, Misha & little twinky Alex.!

Oh, my!

by Anonymousreply 126January 31, 2020 4:31 AM

That bunker is going to have a lot of testosterone, pent-up sexual tension and used cumrags for the next month and a half.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 31, 2020 7:10 PM

So how many episodes are left??

The show doesn’t return until mid-March????? WTF 🤬😡😳

That goddess would’ve been dead at the end of the episode if this was still a good show.

Yay, jack is back! Said no one ever 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 128January 31, 2020 7:18 PM

The Empty didn't take Cas when Jack returned to him, despite Misha describing Cas as "euphoric."

That means Cas's perfect happiness lies with another person. It's pretty obvious who.

I guess the question is whether he finds a way to get out of his deal and stay with Dean, or if the series ends more grimly, with both Jack and Cas gone and Sam and Dean completely alone again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 31, 2020 8:15 PM

[quote]Incidentally, Hateful Beast Frau . . . . M A R Y ! ! ! !

LMFAO!

[quote]Please stop engaging people who disagree with you. You succeed at nothing other than coming off as childish and opinionated because someone disagrees with you. You may think you're serving up a witty riposte but in reality you're just proving the haters right and making fans look stupid and petty. Just ignore people and move on.

THANK YOU! R123, Some people just don't know when to shut the fuck up.

I actually didn't hate this week's episode. I really liked the actress who played Fortuna, the goddess of luck, and I REALLY REALLY liked the dude who played her son, Pax. He made Sam and Dean look like last week's meat loaf. Fortuna gave me Julianne Moore from "A Single Man" vibes.

The absurd close up on Jensen smiling when he's trying to charm the waitress more than half his age was not a good idea. He looked ancient and creepy. And goddamn, Jared is just terrible at times. His facial expressions when Fortuna says, "Are you in" are just ridiculous. He can be a passable TV actor sometimes but most of the time he makes me cringe.

I've watched for a long time but it's time for this show to end. I just hope the shitty writers we have now don't fuck it up too badly.

by Anonymousreply 130February 1, 2020 4:54 AM

I can't decide whether I find Alex/Jack attractive. He has a bit too much of a Village of the Damned thing going on.

Such a long wait until the next episode. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 131February 1, 2020 7:05 AM

Not attractive at all, R131. He has jacked up teeth, looks oily all the time, and I get the feeling he smells bad.

by Anonymousreply 132February 2, 2020 3:35 AM

"Oily," R132???

Ridiculous.

Alexander Calvert is handsome.

On the show, they make him look dull, but in real life, he's very attractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133February 2, 2020 12:52 PM

He's kind of rougher looking in real life, than he is on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134February 2, 2020 12:53 PM

Sexy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 2, 2020 12:55 PM

I'm sorry but Jack is not cute. He's not hideous but he's very average looking and those busted teefs and ugly tattoos don't help.

by Anonymousreply 136February 3, 2020 2:23 AM

Some Mishalecki to go with all the Cockles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137February 3, 2020 4:00 AM

I had no idea that Jensen named his son ZEPPELIN.

How ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 138February 3, 2020 12:01 PM

And his daughters are named Arrow and Justice.

Arrow. Justice. Zeppelin.

Fucking lame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 3, 2020 12:03 PM

[Quote] And his daughters are named Arrow and Justice.

They should have had him appear on Arrow lol

by Anonymousreply 140February 3, 2020 12:09 PM

Jensen wants us to listen to some music he just recorded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141February 3, 2020 9:51 PM

Jesus, more caterwauling! 🙄

To begin with, it sounds like late-night talk show music, like something Paul Shaffer would do. Plus, Jensen's articulation is just way too affected. He's trying to sound all Southern and bluesy and it's just too much. It sounds forced and fake.

Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 142February 3, 2020 10:09 PM

Even if you love Supernatural, even if you like Jensen's "acting", you have to admit his singing is terrible. I've been wishing like hell that he'd just retire from acting,, but even I've got to say he shouldn't quit his day job for this travesty.

by Anonymousreply 143February 3, 2020 10:34 PM

Before I heard anything of his, I assumed for some reason that Jensen would be a Bon Iver/Sufjan Stevens type.

Anyway, here's Jensen asking Misha to decide which side of his tight jeans he should stow his cock and balls on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144February 3, 2020 10:48 PM

LMFAO.......That is some awful shit! He sounds so bad.

by Anonymousreply 145February 4, 2020 12:29 AM

I think that's my favourite Jenmish panel ever, R144. JIB 2017.

Jensen so clearly wanted Misha to bend him over and have his way with him. I think he had some kind of gay crisis that weekend that alcohol brought out. He did everything onstage but present hole. Actually, he may have even done that.

by Anonymousreply 146February 4, 2020 2:53 AM

[quote] it sounds like late-night talk show music, like something Paul Shaffer would do. Plus, Jensen's articulation is just way too affected. He's trying to sound all Southern and bluesy and it's just too much. It sounds forced and fake.

^^^^^THIS a million times over.

by Anonymousreply 147February 4, 2020 4:32 AM

I love Misha's face at R144.

He's like the cat who ate the mouse.

He has this very cheeky sense of humor, whether or not anyone else around him understands it. Which I'm sure they don't.

Misha is clearly the smartest person on that show. I think that's why the fans love him so much.

by Anonymousreply 148February 4, 2020 6:07 PM

[quote] Supernatural: Sam and Dean's Younger Alter Egos Returning — With a Twist

Supernatural is taking Sam and Dean’s younger alter egos for one final spin — but first the Brothers Winchester are getting a bit of an extreme makeover.

TVLine has learned that the soon-to-conclude CW drama is planning to resurrect Young Sam and Young Dean in one of the series’ final episodes, and the search is on for a pair of actors to take over the roles most notably played by Colin Ford and Dylan Everett (last seen in Season 11).

According to sources, this time around Young Sam will be roughly 9 years old, while Young Dean will be 13. There’s buzz that the episode — which will air toward the end of the current 15th and final season — will find Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles’ adolescent counterparts embarking on one of their first hunts together. A Supernatural rep declined to comment.

It’s unclear if the flashback-y episode will in any way set the stage narratively for the show’s final episode, which is scheduled to air May 18. Last summer, Ackles had this to say about the top-secret series finale plot: “When we were in the room and the idea came down the pipe, everybody was kind of signed off on it. My reaction was more like, ‘OK, OK.’ I struggled with it for about a week or so, and then I realized I’m too invested, I’m too emotional. I’m too close to this character. To see anything with finality on it, it’s just hard to digest. I talked to a few people about it and got some clarity on it and have tried to look at it from a different perspective. I, now, have come around to being like, ‘This is a really good ending. This is satisfying.’”

Supernatural resumes its final season on its new night, Monday, March 16 at 8/7c.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149February 4, 2020 6:10 PM

I wonder what there's left to say about their younger versions by this point. Especially as different actors.

by Anonymousreply 150February 4, 2020 6:39 PM

There's no way that any kid actor will even come close to looking like Sam Winchester, more than Colin Ford did.

He was Jared's MINI ME!

Those two kids played their characters so well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151February 4, 2020 6:45 PM

Colin Ford looked so much like a younger version of Jared, that they asked him back multiple times, to play "young Sam."

The other kid who played Dean didn't get asked back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152February 4, 2020 6:50 PM

Even as an adult, Colin still looks like (younger) Jared.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153February 4, 2020 6:51 PM

So this will be after the Christmas episode.

They’re gonna have to nail the casting. They have before in the past but with these incompetent show runners? Who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 154February 4, 2020 7:08 PM

WOW 😲 at R153!!!!!

Damn 😳😳😳

by Anonymousreply 155February 4, 2020 7:19 PM

Hello, darlings.

More than a month until more SPN. It feels like they just came back from hiatus.

I guess I'll fill the time with more Cockles GIFs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 4, 2020 7:57 PM

Dumb as shit and no one cares anymore.

The ratings are proof of that.

by Anonymousreply 157February 5, 2020 3:57 AM

Here's Jensen doing Bryan Adams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158February 5, 2020 7:31 AM

Just a reminder.... Part 14.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159February 5, 2020 12:37 PM

Nobody cares, R159.

by Anonymousreply 160February 5, 2020 5:32 PM

Muriel needs to ban these stupid threads. This show is a million times worse than soaps and she banned soap threads.

BAN THIS CRAP, MURIEL!!!!

by Anonymousreply 161February 5, 2020 5:34 PM

SPN fans.... please F/F and BLOCK R161.

No ONE PERSON should be able to dictate what shows people can and cannot watch.

Fucking CONTROL FREAK!!!!

Get the fuck outta here, you stinking cunt!

by Anonymousreply 162February 5, 2020 6:57 PM

Anyone wondering why Supernatural fans have the reputation of being hysterical and shrill need only read R162's post.

by Anonymousreply 163February 6, 2020 2:25 PM

[quote]SPN fans.... please F/F and BLOCK [R161]. No ONE PERSON should be able to dictate what shows people can and cannot watch. Fucking CONTROL FREAK!!!! Get the fuck outta here, you stinking cunt!

You're really dumb, R162. R161 isn't trying to get the show banned on TV. 🤦‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 164February 6, 2020 2:36 PM

So they cast the co-star for Walker. She seems young. Looks Latina but don’t know if she is.

I don’t think she’ll be a love prospect.

by Anonymousreply 165February 6, 2020 8:16 PM

I'm rewatching season eight right now while waiting for new stuff. I don't see how anyone who isn't Helen Keller can watch 8x07 and deny that Dean and Cass are framed as a romantic pairing. It gets laid on with a trowel. No one says the things Dean said to Cass in that episode to a bro. Literally no one.

by Anonymousreply 166February 6, 2020 10:55 PM

I've said that all along, R166, but I actually think that season eight was more a love triangle between Dean, Benny, and Cass.

Benny and Cass seemed to be fighting over Dean, but Cass won.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167February 6, 2020 11:02 PM

Yeah, there is definitely a triangle vibe in S8. There's the Dean-Sam-Amelia triangle, the Sam-Dean-Benny triangle, and the Cas-Dean-Benny triangle. S8 had really good character writing that set up the relationships for the rest of the series.

I also think that S8 is the season where the Dean/Cas relationship comes into its own as a driving force in the show. It was there from S4, but purgatory is the true pivot point for them, even more so than Cas rebelling against Heaven for Dean.

by Anonymousreply 168February 6, 2020 11:20 PM

Absolutely, R168.

Plus, there was a lot of gay innuendo in that first episode of season eight. It was off the charts!

The dialogue between Dean and Benny was REALLY hot and heavy.

I wonder if the writers did it on purpose?

by Anonymousreply 169February 6, 2020 11:57 PM

The Dean/Benny relationship was so blatantly homoerotic. The writers had to have known what they were doing.

Thing is, it was taking place in the context of the longstanding Dean/Sam and Dean/Cas relationships. It's in discourse with them. Dean talks about how Benny is the ideal brother/friend/partner who doesn't let him down, unlike Sam and Cas. Dean is pretty much just displacing and sublimating the profound familial-cum-erotic feelings he has for Sam and Cas onto Benny because Benny is a kind of ideal version of the two of them.

I mean, sure, Benny saved his life in purgatory, but that's just a normal episode for Sam and Cas. The intensity of his emotions towards Benny only makes sense when you view him as a stand-in for Sam and Cas, regardless of the authentic loyalty and affection Dean feels for him.

by Anonymousreply 170February 7, 2020 4:20 AM

Like a prison lover, R170?

by Anonymousreply 171February 7, 2020 5:46 AM

Benny was 2nd tier sloppy seconds next to Cass.

Benny's cock was small and Dean is a size Queen as we know.

by Anonymousreply 172February 7, 2020 8:12 AM

Dean is such a cunt in season eight. He probably needed dicking down, but Cass was too busy being mind controlled. That would drive any bottom crazy.

by Anonymousreply 173February 7, 2020 10:11 AM

You are nuts, R172/R173.

DEAN is the TOP, and CASS is the BOTTOM.

Anyone who has ever watched the show, would know that.

Dean is an aggressive, dominant top. He treats his boyfriends like "bitches," including Sam.

And Cass is more than willing to bend over for him. "I'll just wait here, then."

Only a bottom would do that for his man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174February 7, 2020 3:39 PM

Plenty of people who watch the show headcanon Dean as the bottom and Cass as the top, R174. There are around 40% more tags for bottom Dean fics on AO3 than top Dean.

And people's personalities don't determine their sexual roles. (Although, if they did, a closeted, middle aged, control freak thug with major daddy issues who constantly puts on a pantomime of brutish hypermasculinity would be just as likely to be a bottom as a top.)

Castiel is a billion-year-old, immensely powerful being who has literally been God. He also goes against Dean fairly often, for which Dean always forgives him. I think that makes him more of a top than having a non-macho personality makes him a bottom.

Everyone's welcome to their own interpretation, of course.

by Anonymousreply 175February 7, 2020 7:34 PM

I'll never buy Dean as a bottom, R175.

I don't know... it's just never even crossed my mind.

by Anonymousreply 176February 7, 2020 7:47 PM

Ladies, ladies!

Unless Destiel becomes canon, we'll never have a definitive answer to the top/bottom question. (Although, wasn't there some panel where Jensen was making innuendos about sexual roles using football positions? I don't remember which one, though.) So, it's just a headcanon free-for-all.

My personal headcanon is that both of them are vers, though I think Cas is a more generous lover than Dean.

One thing we can all agree on, however, is Cockles. :p

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177February 7, 2020 8:58 PM

Just rewatched 8x17, aka the episode when Destiel became canon.

I think the funniest part is Dean asking Cass what broke his mind control link to Naomi. Cass looks down, then says he doesn't know.

LIAR! He knows very well that gay love was what pierced through the veil of death and saved the day. And so does Dean.

There were some intriguing things about Meg's journey but I thought Megstiel was forced and came out of nowhere. I also disliked the actor's affect and enunciation so I wasn't too sad to see the character killed off.

by Anonymousreply 178February 8, 2020 3:39 AM

Oh yeah, that's another triangle: Dean-Cas-Meg. Meg's sexual overtures to Cas are paralleled to Dean's homoerotic and homoromantic pleas to Cas; the resolution is Cas's love for Dean freeing him from Naomi's mind control and Meg's death at the hands of Crowley.

by Anonymousreply 179February 8, 2020 3:58 AM

Shit show

by Anonymousreply 180February 9, 2020 9:07 AM

I never realized it until I watched the Oscars, but Rami Malek looks like he and Misha could be brothers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181February 10, 2020 6:17 AM

You're blind, R181. Misha Collins is much better looking than Malek. Plus, Malek is [italic]tiny[/italic] whereas Misha is at least six feet tall.

by Anonymousreply 182February 10, 2020 4:11 PM

What is there to talk about on these long breaks? I guess I'll post more Cockles.

Jensen going in for the kiss on Misha:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183February 10, 2020 10:11 PM

I wonder what Jensen was actually doing there?

Has anyone read "Twist and Shout"? I don't really read fanfic but I see people constantly referencing it in SPN videos on YouTube.

If you have, is it any good?

by Anonymousreply 184February 11, 2020 2:09 AM

What exactly does "Cockles" stand for?

I get the ckles (Ackles) part, but what's the Co?

by Anonymousreply 185February 11, 2020 8:51 PM

It's Co(llins) & (A)ckles Easy peasy.

by Anonymousreply 186February 11, 2020 9:19 PM

How sweet, R186!

It just warms my COCKLES, lol....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187February 11, 2020 9:24 PM

Misha said at a convention that he's read Cockles fics.

I wonder if he's read any of the ones I've read, haha.

And when he shifted a Destiel question to Cockles in one interview....

[quote]Cas and Dean. They’re a continual source of speculation, fan fiction, pornography…

[quote]Yep. I’m just always gratified that I’m in some small way contributing to any kind of pornography. It warms the cockles of my heart. Words chosen carefully.

Cockles is not only real. It is scorching!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188February 11, 2020 11:08 PM

MURIEL BAN THIS AWFUL SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

THESE FUCKING FRAUS ARE OUTTA HAND.

by Anonymousreply 189February 12, 2020 2:30 AM

R189 needs to be cockslapped by Cockles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190February 12, 2020 4:19 AM

Why is Metatron delivering pizza for Domino's?

by Anonymousreply 191February 12, 2020 10:28 AM

Probably because Domino's is to pizza what his output is to writing.

by Anonymousreply 192February 12, 2020 6:46 PM

I guess because the pizza ad is modeled after the movie "Risky Business" and Tom Cruise wasn't available, so they got his co-star Curtis Armstrong,

by Anonymousreply 193February 13, 2020 4:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!