Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sisters Veronica and Angela Cartwright

They're NOT Olivia and Joan....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 7, 2020 9:24 PM

Came upon this on YouTube and thought it was interesting enough to post. Veronica is kind of a DL icon, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2020 10:39 PM

Veronica got so fat she makes Dolly Parton at her fattest seem svelte in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2020 10:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2020 11:13 PM

R2 Are you sure you don't mean Angela?

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2020 11:13 PM

They seem so authentic and happy. How did that happen in Hollywood? (Especially after Dr. Smith, Will and the Robot) hogged every scene on Angela's show)

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2020 11:33 PM

Did the hairstylist call in sick?

They do seem nice and sane.

I wonder if Angela deliberately gave up on acting or the offers just dried up. I know she became an artist and wrote or cowrote a few books. it was fun seeing her cameo on the Netflix Lost in Space.

I've always liked Veronica as an actress and I think it's a shame she didn't hit it big. Still she works a lot which is more than most actors can say.

by Anonymousreply 6January 19, 2020 10:16 AM

They're both so cute! Thanks for sharing, OP!

by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2020 10:41 AM

The best performance Veronica gave was in Witches of Eastwick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2020 10:53 AM

Thanks OP. I had no idea about Veronica's history. Great story. IMDB pages are amazing.

by Anonymousreply 9January 19, 2020 10:56 AM

And don't forget, Veronica played Jack's clueless mom on Will and Grace!

by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2020 10:57 AM

Am I the last person in the known universe to find out that Veronica and Angela Cartwright were born in England‽‽‽

by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2020 11:13 AM

R4 No I mean Veronica. God she got plump. Angela has been the chubby one for the longest time though.

by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2020 11:22 AM

Veronica was a bitch assistant district attorney on "LA Law" who made Susan Dey seem warm and sympathetic.

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2020 11:43 AM

Veronica used to be almost too thin. I think the extra weight looks fine on her.

by Anonymousreply 14January 19, 2020 1:20 PM

I read somewhere that Bill Mumy had a crush on Angela while they were on “Lost in Space” together and that they dated and were engaged for a short time after the show was over.

by Anonymousreply 15January 19, 2020 1:46 PM

R15 Here you go. He starts to discuss his crush on Angela around the 9:30 mark.

by Anonymousreply 16January 19, 2020 4:35 PM

Here you go what? They screwed. He says so. That's why Plummer beat her ass in SOM.

by Anonymousreply 17January 19, 2020 9:28 PM

Angela was a real scene-stealer in "Make Room For Daddy". I had forgotten that Veronica was also a child actress as Violet Rutherford in "Leave It To Beaver".

by Anonymousreply 18January 19, 2020 11:12 PM

There was a thread about that interview last year but the OP was red-tagged and the link died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 20, 2020 1:20 AM

Veronica was also great in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

by Anonymousreply 20January 20, 2020 3:49 AM

They were in so much stuff. I forgot Veronica was in Make Room For Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 21January 20, 2020 3:53 AM

R21, she wasn't. Angela was.

by Anonymousreply 22January 20, 2020 3:56 AM

Do they talk about their father Ben?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 20, 2020 4:56 AM

I had no idea they were even related.

by Anonymousreply 24January 20, 2020 5:15 AM

These two should do a stage version of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, and just to keep it interesting each night when the audience arrives they get to vote on who will play which part.

by Anonymousreply 25January 20, 2020 5:16 AM

I wish someone could explain the algorithms of YouTube to me as this just popped up on my feed and I wonder why? Regardless, it made me think of this thread and come post it here. It is a very impressive child actor screen test for the part she got. Though keeping the dark hair always bothered me unless they were going to give her the backstory of being the milkman’s daughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 6, 2020 11:15 PM

Veronica always makes a big deal out of being British

by Anonymousreply 27February 6, 2020 11:27 PM

“Well I didn’t mind working with Hitchcock because he was British AND I WAS BRITISH TOO, so I didn’t mind his sense of humor! I got the role in Alien easily because I could work over there without any problems BECAUSE IM BRITISH, YOU KNOW! .......I went over to Britain & got a job BECAUSE IM BRITISH and did Inserts .....”

by Anonymousreply 28February 6, 2020 11:50 PM

Angela's pretty even with the extra weight. Veronica was fug, especially in West Side Story.

by Anonymousreply 29February 7, 2020 1:58 AM

Veronica was in West Side Story?

by Anonymousreply 30February 7, 2020 2:01 AM

Anybodys was not Veronica. It was Susan Oakes. Veronica would have been 11 to12 when WSS was filmed.

by Anonymousreply 31February 7, 2020 2:08 AM

Well fuck me. I thought she was that filthy dyke careening through sewers all these years.

by Anonymousreply 32February 7, 2020 2:16 AM

They both seem very likable, and I’ve always thought Veronica was a fine actress.

by Anonymousreply 33February 7, 2020 2:29 AM

Love them both, but Veronica is my favorite simply because of ALL the iconic films she's done.

The Children's Hour, The Birds, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Alien, and The Witches of Eastwick.

My fave is Alien. Her performance as Lambert is incredible. Her "Oh God..." of revulsion when the xenomorph bursts out of John Hurt's chest makes the scene. And her terrified hysteria in other scenes is so authentic.

Love me some Veronica

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 7, 2020 2:44 AM

Personally I like her reaction to Donald Sutherland at the end of Body Snatchers.

by Anonymousreply 35February 7, 2020 1:01 PM

Angela's Brigitta was my favorite Von Trapp after Freidrich.

by Anonymousreply 36February 7, 2020 4:43 PM

My favorite was the Captain.

by Anonymousreply 37February 7, 2020 9:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!