Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tom Hardy

Closeted bisexual, ex-addict, naked wrestler, and loving father. Anybody got any interesting information on him, any stories or run-ins? He seems like a fun and surprisingly genuine guy. I'm not shocked that he's a dog person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181March 11, 2022 12:19 AM

We had an obsessed poster, or a publicist at one time, whatever, and that is why sometimes, when I get snark, I respond, “Tom Hardy har har”.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2020 2:45 AM

He has a handsome face & especially lips. It was odd that he was cast in “Dunkirk“, wearing an aviator’s mask through most of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2020 2:51 AM

Closeted bisexual?!

by Anonymousreply 3May 10, 2020 3:23 PM

Most punchable face in Hollywood. He was out of the closet in England, so I wouldn't call him closeted. I doubt this gayer than gay is bisexual. Have you seen his old Myspace page? Buzzfeed tried to spin it when it was made public, but it was a typical gay hustler's page. You can tell I hate this guy and I'm not the only one. Haven't met an industry insider who actually enjoys this prick. The way he treated that poor gay journalist asking about his sexuality at Cannes showed his true colors. Only an asshole would be so defensive about a simple question on his sexuality after giving interviews to magazines talking openly about fucking men. Deplorable asshole. Don't act like a fucking offended straight guy when you have once talked about fucking dudes to magazines you prick. Can't stand assholes like this.

by Anonymousreply 4May 10, 2020 3:33 PM

[quote]Closeted bisexual, ex-addict, naked wrestler, and loving father. Anybody got any interesting information on him

Well I heard he's a closeted bisexual, ex-addict, naked wrestler, and loving father.

by Anonymousreply 5May 10, 2020 3:35 PM

Tom has been recently done another stint reading bedtime stories on CBeebies, a television channel for young children in the UK.

If I had a mussy like Momma's, I have do doubt it would be moist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 10, 2020 3:35 PM

More importantly than Tom Hardy’s sex life, when can we expect season 2 of Taboo?

by Anonymousreply 7May 10, 2020 3:39 PM

I think he is a very good actor. I even find him attractive. The big turn off was reading stories told by Shia LaBeou about what he was like onset. Very alpha male and going to piss in the corner of the indoor studio set. I get he may have been committing to a character but he strikes me a a bipolar type.

by Anonymousreply 8May 10, 2020 3:49 PM

Wait what stories did Shia say about him? I know him and Leo are close and I know he wrestled Shia naked after he had just had sex with his GF.

by Anonymousreply 9May 10, 2020 3:52 PM

Also were those pics proven real that were on his MySpace? The one is clearly him but the ass in the air pic was questionable.

by Anonymousreply 10May 10, 2020 3:53 PM

He's got a beautiful face, but he's a typical handsome young actor who made it too quickly and so developed a ridiculous ego--and he was already pretty fucked up.

As for him being bisexual: he said when he was younger (and wanted the instant attention) he had sex with men as well as women in high school, but since then he's walked that back, and said he's really straight and just went through a brief experimental period.

I enjoy seeing him on the screen, but I think he's too fucked-up to have him be crush material. He'll be an alcoholic eventually (if he's not one already)--another Richard Harris or Russell Crowe in the making.

by Anonymousreply 11May 10, 2020 3:57 PM

r8 I’d hesitate to believe anything from Shitey LaPoof.

by Anonymousreply 12May 10, 2020 3:59 PM

Another one I want in me, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 13May 10, 2020 4:04 PM

I can't find the article. Shia didn't relate the story in a critical way towards Hardy. They are actually friends. He simply was describing Tom being quite intense.

by Anonymousreply 14May 10, 2020 4:15 PM

[quote] Also were those pics proven real that were on his MySpace? The one is clearly him but the ass in the air pic was questionable.

It was. His profile is accessible on the wayback machine, at least it used to be if some PR person didn't scrub them off. Buzzfeed was paid to spin the story and glorify that profile as some sort of funny tidbit downplaying the obvious gay tone and making something for housewife fraus to find amusing. Buzzfeed pretends to be LGBT friendly but will do shit like that for a PR firm for a good price and won't even flinch. I've seen it a lot.

by Anonymousreply 15May 10, 2020 4:17 PM

Here's the ridiculous paid PR article Buzzfeed produced.

Apparently someone scrubbed the photos off, how fitting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 10, 2020 4:20 PM

Tom Hardy is not someone to cross on set, Shia LaBeouf has made very clear, joking the actor figuratively ‘pees in the corner’ at work.

Yes, let’s not get the words twisted, Shia is not suggesting Tom actually unzips and lets that relief flow while on a set. More so that when you’re working alongside the Peaky Blinders star you best know he’s the formidable force.

- Metro

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 10, 2020 4:29 PM

He’s cute but he suffers form tiny meat so we don’t approve

by Anonymousreply 18May 10, 2020 4:42 PM

[quote]I can't find the article. Shia didn't relate the story in a critical way towards Hardy. They are actually friends. He simply was describing Tom being quite intense.

Shia and Tom are both talented, but can both be tiresome and petulant assholes.

There's an MTV interview with Shia and Jessica Chastain and she something in jest - I don't recall what - but Shia gets zooms in on it and starts on about how Jessica and Tom froze him and Dane DeHaan out because she and Tom had a sweetheart thing going on and she always took Tom's side. She really looked surprised and hurt that he felt that way.

Josh Trank who is the director or Capone surprisingly said he and Hardy got along on set. I think the only director he hasn't reportedly had an on-set clash with / or whose set he didn't disrupt somehow was Christopher Nolan's.

by Anonymousreply 19May 10, 2020 4:51 PM

Reading R4, it sort of sounds like he never expected to make it as big as he did, so he was at one time "looser" with his sexuality and how he presented it to the public. But, then he became a fairly big star and he locked it down for the sake of his career.

by Anonymousreply 20May 10, 2020 4:54 PM

la boof is said to be queen of princess tiny meat.

tom showed his total gayness when he bit that journalists head off when she merely asked if he was bi.....thin skinned bitch

by Anonymousreply 21May 10, 2020 4:55 PM

I love his face so much. He looks different in every single picture. His face has looked steamy, model-perfect, perfectly average, pretty or grizzled, gruff of adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 10, 2020 5:01 PM

Yeah, he's cute/hot/handsome.

by Anonymousreply 23May 10, 2020 5:03 PM

I did like him in Legend, where he played both twin Kray brothers.

by Anonymousreply 24May 10, 2020 5:03 PM

I loved his rock hard nips in Venom.

by Anonymousreply 25May 10, 2020 5:21 PM

He's a pretty fantastic actor but sounds like a mess of a human being. Typical of many actors, and why it's best to let one's idols stay on screen and not try to meet them for real.

by Anonymousreply 26May 10, 2020 5:27 PM

be fun if he said wtf and came out.....he too uptight tho, wants to make the big bux over genial honesty

by Anonymousreply 27May 10, 2020 5:32 PM

He was a fabulous fop in Marie Antoinette.

by Anonymousreply 28May 10, 2020 6:22 PM

[quote] Josh Trank who is the director or Capone surprisingly said he and Hardy got along on set

You don't say that the asshole director that treated his crew like garbage, never showed up to shooting and when he did he was always drunk and high, the man who trashed the house the studio rented for him totalling 200k in damages, including burning the family pictures of the owner, all of this to produce a mediocre film (Fantastic Four) got along with another asshole?

by Anonymousreply 29May 10, 2020 6:29 PM

The way he relishes roles that cover his face in costumes or makeup reminds me of Johnny Depp.

by Anonymousreply 30May 10, 2020 6:31 PM

Here's our duck-face-power-bottom-bitchy-queen treating the poor gay journalist like shit.

Karma is a bitch I so wish for this asshole to be outed again in the most degrading way, just like he treated this poor journalist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 10, 2020 6:40 PM

One of the most overrated actors working. Always campy but never in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 32May 10, 2020 6:44 PM

[quote]You don't say that the asshole director that treated his crew like garbage, never showed up to shooting and when he did he was always drunk and high, the man who trashed the house the studio rented for him totalling 200k in damages, including burning the family pictures of the owner, all of this to produce a mediocre film (Fantastic Four) got along with another asshole?

If Trank was still the same asshole he was prior to shitting the bed with Fantastic Four and being seemingly fired from directing Star Wars' Boba Fett, he and Tom would have bumped heads on set to assert their dominance, not become best buddies where Tom let him stay in his guest house.

by Anonymousreply 33May 10, 2020 6:44 PM

R31 I am with him on that. Why? If I went to a conference for my job and someone I had never spoken with asked me about my sexuality, I would say “Why?”

If they asked whether it’s hard for me to talk about my sexuality, I would say, “It’s not. But I am not here to fuck and I’d like to know why you’re asking me about sex when I am trying to do my fucking job? Who do you work for?”

by Anonymousreply 34May 10, 2020 6:46 PM

His wife looks exactly like Sean William Scott and Andy Roddick but with a wig on.

by Anonymousreply 35May 10, 2020 6:47 PM

In the Star Trek movie where he played the young clone of Picard/Patrick Stewart, I almost burst into flames from their combined hotness.

by Anonymousreply 36May 10, 2020 6:57 PM

[quote] If they asked whether it’s hard for me to talk about my sexuality, I would say, “It’s not. But I am not here to fuck and I’d like to know why you’re asking me about sex when I am trying to do my fucking job? Who do you work for?”

It's absolutely common place that an actor playing a sexually free character would be asked about his own sexuality. The journalist was from an LGBT magazine so it was even more specific of a question. Stop trying to justify the closet, even more when the queen in question had openly talked about fucking men in the past -- something the journalist was unfamiliar with apparently.

This guy, Sam Heughan and Henry Cavill should be ashamed of themselves. If you were an out gay person don't expect people to play pretend to your stupid charade just because you're famous now and want the world to ignore your past. You're pathetic. At least Cavill isn't an asshole about it.

by Anonymousreply 37May 10, 2020 7:03 PM

Even after disclosing that "I'm an actor for fuck's sake. I've played with everything and everyone," I thought he didn't think the journalist's question about his sexuality was appropriate because he'd committed to a woman and had had a kid by that point.

by Anonymousreply 38May 10, 2020 8:56 PM

I think Hardy is being honest. I think his pushback is because he knows people are trying to categorize him as gay or bisexual when it's likely he's just situationally gay. Prior to filming "Legend" he was asked if he believed the rumor that both Kray brothers were gay and Hardy went on this thing about how men having sex with each other in prison isn't the same as being gay. It's a separate thing. And I think that was his experience. He's done things with men to get his rocks off or while off his head on drugs (waking up naked in bed with a guy in L.A during a bender) and those experiences exists in their own space.

He also doesn't like talking anymore about his drug addiction. He was asked on a press line a couple of years ago about it and he shut that interviewer down also.

Whoever got to suck young Tom Hardy's dick was so lucky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 10, 2020 9:06 PM

He is not a good actor. I find most of his dialogue inaudible. His American accent is atrocious. He seems like a self-important turd.

by Anonymousreply 40May 10, 2020 9:17 PM

A female friend of mine was at a low key music event in Wimbledon, South London, last year and suddenly realised she was standing next to Tom Hardy, who was there on his own listening to the music. She and her boyfriend chatted to him for a while and he was apparently laid-back and friendly.

by Anonymousreply 41May 10, 2020 9:19 PM

(R41) funny thing is I know someone that met him and said the same thing. They saw him in an airport here in the states in like a restaurant by himself. He was shocked it was him because they couldn’t believe he was just there sitting like that and was not trying to hide who he was. He eventually got the balls and asked him for a pic and Tom was like sure. He wasn’t bothered at all.

Wanted to add also remember he played gay bob on rocknrolla. He was in love with Gerard Butlers character. So if he’s fine with playing this lose roles maybe he could have answered a little differently. But I don’t know if I would have bluntly asked him what his sexuality is.

by Anonymousreply 42May 10, 2020 11:18 PM

[quote] And I think that was his experience. He's done things with men to get his rocks off or while off his head on drugs (waking up naked in bed with a guy in L.A during a bender) and those experiences exists in their own space.

Of course, it was the drugs, the situation blah blah blah. Dude had a profile gayer than a rainbow but of course he couldn't be gay or bi. It has to be the drugs, it has to be something else. God forbid a gay/bi guy is back in the closet for personal gain. Let's just blame everything else. You're just as pathetic as his very limited acting abilities.

by Anonymousreply 43May 10, 2020 11:53 PM

I just think he's an absolute dreamboat and I want so bad inside me!

by Anonymousreply 44May 10, 2020 11:53 PM

[quote] If Trank was still the same asshole he was prior to shitting the bed with Fantastic Four and being seemingly fired from directing Star Wars' Boba Fett, he and Tom would have bumped heads on set to assert their dominance

No he wouldn't. Tom is a very insecure gay druggie (note I didn't say ex druggie). He's as meek as an Asian wife when in the presence of powerful people, ask Alejandro G. Iñarritu.

by Anonymousreply 45May 10, 2020 11:57 PM

He came across as a high maintenance prick during the Revenant pressers; even Leo seemed to cringe at his behavior. I'm guessing on a personal level he's an okay guy, but a drama queen & diva in his professional life.

by Anonymousreply 46May 10, 2020 11:57 PM

Tom Hardy is sublime. That mouth.

My friend saw him In Soho and he was very friendly and let her take a photo. I'm jealous. lol

by Anonymousreply 47May 11, 2020 12:00 AM

[quote] I'm guessing on a personal level he's an okay guy, but a drama queen & diva in his professional life.

Only sociopaths separate one thing from another. You are what you are. If you're an asshole, you're an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 48May 11, 2020 12:06 AM

One of Tom's photos from the past...……….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 11, 2020 12:49 AM

Tom is an image conscious asshole who has made enemies.

by Anonymousreply 50May 11, 2020 12:52 AM

Dont worry R49, there's nothing gay about this photo off his gay Myspace profile. it was the drugs and just a phase, according to R39. Like gay sex in prison. 😬

by Anonymousreply 51May 11, 2020 12:53 AM

Yea that pic was telling.

by Anonymousreply 52May 11, 2020 12:24 PM

His version of Wuthering Heights is the best I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 53May 11, 2020 12:56 PM

A legendary bottom, his hairy pussyhole is no stranger to the street whores of Selma ave.

by Anonymousreply 54May 11, 2020 1:07 PM

Oh tommy, all u had to do was laugh and say fuk u bitch, none of your business. then storm off with a swish of your chiffon hostess gown.

by Anonymousreply 55May 11, 2020 1:10 PM

IFHH

by Anonymousreply 56May 11, 2020 3:04 PM

The ass up in the air pic does look like it'd be Hardy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 11, 2020 3:18 PM

Back when he first became famous in the US and started backtracking on his gay past, I recall someone here (or at another forum, but I'm pretty sure it was here) recounting a weekend spent with him. Yes, the someone was a gay man. I know you'll say he could've been making it up, but the way he wrote it seemed convincing to me.

by Anonymousreply 58May 11, 2020 3:23 PM

R21 I thought that reporter was an asshole to ask something so unrelated to the topic at hand during the press conference. Tom’s answer aside, what the hell did being bisexual have to do with the movie? Tom was there to promote the film, not gush in a People Magazine article about his latest flings. The timing and setting would have pissed me off as well. Frankly, straight actors are rarely asked suck pointed questions about their sexuality at press junkets. So yeah, I’m going to blame the reporter for asking such a question at the equivalent of a work event. I’m sure that reporter wouldn’t have asked another colleague or his boss such a question during an office meeting. It’s equally as inappropriate at the press conference.

by Anonymousreply 59May 11, 2020 3:55 PM

R59 The excuse that he worked for an LGBT outlet is bullshit, and if it's an accepted explanation, then there's a good reason for LGBT outlets not being accepted at press conferences like this.

I used to contribute freelance writing for one of the major national US LGBT publications. I interviewed a lot of celebrities. I never asked any of them who they fuck or what their sexuality was. And I wouldn't have thought to do so.

I set up an interview with one actor who played a gay character on TV convincingly (He's very gay.) but who, I was surprised, was not out about being 'bisexual' yet. I got the interview through his publicist and chatted briefly with him and he said he was going to come out as bi in his interview, which he had never done before. I did not plan to ask him or confront him about his sexuality. I planned to interview him because he played a gay character on a television show; whatever he would choose to reveal about his personal life was his business. I'm not a TMZ or Enquirer reporter. He ended up canceling the interview, via his publicist, at the last minute. He came out months or years later as gay, which, again, was obvious but no reason for me to try to expose him.

I *did* propose one essay that speculated about a celebrity journalist's sexuality to make a point--not as a personal attack on the individual, but to make a greater point--and the article was declined by my editor because "we don't out people as a matter of policy." It's the only article I ever proposed that was declined. And it annoyed me--particularly because that person came out shortly thereafter and my point would have been a solid one, I think, but I respected it on the grounds of personal privacy.

Just because a person performs on camera as a job, that does not justify demanding that they detail their most intimate personal lives to the public. The only exception I can think of is someone like Aaron Schock, because he lived hypocritically, and pretty openly, as a gay whore in D.C. while simultaneously attempting to pass laws to deny rights and freedoms and legal protections to LGBT people. That made his personal sex life directly relevant to his job insofar as reporting to the public. Actors? Musicians? No. News readers? Rarely, unless they are also pundits who espouse personal opinions that are contrary to their personal lives.

by Anonymousreply 60May 11, 2020 4:14 PM

R60 this is r59. I think we are on the same page. I appreciate your relevant perspective. I think many people forget about general decency with celebrities. One thing to approach agreed upon topics, it’s another to just dive into personal questions. Same rules in corporate America, especially when at an official work event.

by Anonymousreply 61May 11, 2020 4:26 PM

Straight people (ie the majority of the world) HATE male bisexuality, it infuriates both straight men and women alike, but they all LOVE or at least tolerate FEMALE bisexuality

It's truly a bizarre double standard, and their negative response to male bisexuality further confirms a lot of things. That ANYTHING negative they say regarding gay/bi guys means jack shit as they're the ones promoting (female) homosexuality, which these pussies falsely accuse gay/bi men of doing just by you know... Existing

And that the feminist "men can do anything sexually, but women can't" movement is a HUGE lie. Women are ALLOWED even promoted as a positive to be bisexual/ gay, men are NOT and are hated for it, and it also proves that we don't like in a patriarchal society, if we did wouldn't a woman who was gay and didn't want to sleep with men,be considered the WORST thing in the world. I mean you're turning down MEN for sex, that's almost your job as a woman, right?

Funny how ALL gay/bi men are expected to be feminist and all that and yet women, especially feminist , almost NEVER talk about the persucution and double standard of male gay/bisexuality compared to female. And how much easier wen have it in that regard, it doesn't fit their "agenda"

by Anonymousreply 62May 11, 2020 4:37 PM

Well that pic proves he’s a bottom. I bet he does have a hairy hole, now at least.

by Anonymousreply 63May 11, 2020 7:12 PM

ev one in the biz knows he a gay old feller

why he so snippety bout it?

cheer up and be gay my love.....

by Anonymousreply 64May 12, 2020 10:08 AM

Hardy is one of those people who as admitted to smoking crack cocaine. Yet he’s never referred to as a crackhead. Which is a pejorative reserved for nonwhites.

by Anonymousreply 65May 12, 2020 10:20 AM

It is possible that he can just be bi though. Seems like he is happily married now but, maybe he is still allowed guys to but doesn’t act on it because he’s married. Who knows maybe he does him and his wife could like to have Men join them.

by Anonymousreply 66May 12, 2020 10:46 AM

anyone with skin that thin when asked about his sexuality....is a big old queen

by Anonymousreply 67May 12, 2020 10:50 AM

Bad teeth.

by Anonymousreply 68May 12, 2020 10:52 AM

He did wrestle Shai naked , I get vibes Shai and him may have done some things. Shai I think would have sec with a guy as weird as he is now.

by Anonymousreply 69May 12, 2020 10:54 AM

R65 because no whites that do hardcore drugs are called METHHEADS

by Anonymousreply 70May 12, 2020 11:22 AM

R70 has obviously never met anyone from Florida!

by Anonymousreply 71May 12, 2020 11:24 AM

Capone’ Review: Tom Hardy Gets His Scarface On

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 12, 2020 3:20 PM

He’s hot as fuck! I bet Shia fucked him

by Anonymousreply 73May 12, 2020 3:37 PM

r73, I want to see that video.

by Anonymousreply 74May 12, 2020 4:52 PM

That would be a hit fucking video but I could see them Flipping!

by Anonymousreply 75May 12, 2020 6:34 PM

NY Times ran an oral history of Mad Max: Fury Road. Tom compliments Charlize Theron and Hardy's on-set behavior is discussed.

HARDY: Charlize arguably laid down the finest lead character in an action movie, and that credit is much deserved, in my opinion; both to her as a phenomenal talent and also to George for recognizing from the very start that it was time to pass Mel’s shoes onto Furiosa.

KRAVITZ : Tom really had moments of frustration, of anger. Charlize did, too, but I feel like he’s the one who really took it out on George the most, and that was a bummer to see. But you know, in some ways, you also can’t blame him, because a lot was being asked of these actors and there were a lot of unanswered questions.

THERON: In retrospect, I didn’t have enough empathy to really, truly understand what he must have felt like to step into Mel Gibson’s shoes. That is frightening! And I think because of my own fear, we were putting up walls to protect ourselves instead of saying to each other, “This is scary for you, and it’s scary for me, too. Let’s be nice to each other.” In a weird way, we were functioning like our characters: Everything was about survival.

HARDY : I would agree. I think in hindsight, I was in over my head in many ways. The pressure on both of us was overwhelming at times. What she needed was a better, perhaps more experienced, partner in me. That’s something that can’t be faked. I’d like to think that now that I’m older and uglier, I could rise to that occasion.

In May 2015, “Fury Road” was released to rave reviews, starting with its Cannes Film Festival premiere. At a news conference there, Hardy apologized to Miller for the times he felt frustrated during the shoot: “There is no way George could’ve explained what he could see in the sand when we were out there. I knew he was brilliant, but I didn’t quite know how brilliant.”

HARDY: As the reality of his accomplishment soaked in for me, I felt it was the right thing to say in the moment.

by Anonymousreply 76May 12, 2020 9:05 PM

Thought he was a known bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 77May 12, 2020 9:14 PM

“It’s not incomprehensible that the reporter would ask about Hardy’s sexuality. After all, Hardy had said he had been intimate with people of the same gender (although he kind of took it back). Additionally, since one of the twins he plays in his latest film is portrayed as gay (some historians say both twins were in fact bisexual), it makes perfect sense that Hardy would be asked about his sexuality by someone writing from an LGBT publication. However, Hardy was having none of it. And that’s what’s truly off-putting.”

See, this annoys me. The article plainly says that Hardy has discussed having been ‘intimate’ with men and therefore it’s appropriate to ask him, as part of a press junket panel about a movie, to ask him if it’s hard for movie stars to talk about their sexuality. No. Wrong time and place.

This sort of setting is a Q&A as relates to movies specifically. You ask one member of the panel or multiple ones about the movie or the movie making process.

If you are sitting down one on one with a person to write a personal profile of them as a human being and the conversation becomes intimate and open, OK then. But this is like asking a sales person on the floor of a car dealership if he likes getting blowjobs from guys in the back seat. It makes no sense. It’s inappropriate.

Also, Hardy is married. Whether he’s married to a woman or a man, it seems utterly rude and disrespectful to me to ask someone about their sexual escapades with people who are not their spouse. The same would apply to Neil Patrick Harris. Would it be appropriate to ask him about past sexual escapades and expect him to answer in front of a room full of press? He has a husband to go back home to. It’s just fucking weird and inappropriate.

And then the article says it’s appropriate to ask him about sexuality because he played a gay character in a movie. Well, no wonder people are afraid to play gay characters if the result is granting permission to any stranger to ask for such intimate details about your private life. If you play straight, do people get to ask you what women you’ve fucked and if you’re proud or ashamed of it? No, playing a straight role doesn’t convey that sort of permission to violate social norms. Neither should playing gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 12, 2020 9:26 PM

He was great as Bane.

by Anonymousreply 79May 13, 2020 12:31 AM

Why would someone ask Matt Damon?

by Anonymousreply 80May 13, 2020 12:51 AM

r4, That really disappointed me, reading that. I think he is quite talented so that is especially disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 81May 13, 2020 1:13 AM

[quote]Why would someone ask Matt Damon?

Because he played Liberace's lover in Behind the Candelabra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 13, 2020 1:14 AM

I want him inside me. He is very methy though. Can’t sit still, smokes all the time, volatile, crazy eyes. Not sure if he’s still on anything but even after giving up a drug habit certain mannerisms stay. Still want him deep inside me.

by Anonymousreply 83May 13, 2020 1:16 AM

Would suck/rim him for days.

by Anonymousreply 84May 13, 2020 1:18 AM

power bottom queen.

by Anonymousreply 85May 14, 2020 6:37 AM

r78 "wrong time & place" is disingenuous bullshit. You know good & goddamn well he's never going to grant an interview to discuss it, b/c he's making bank in the closet. At that point, if you really think it's a legitimate issue, i.e. damage the closet does to gay men, etc. it's reasonable to ask it. If it's just playing gotcha for clicks, I understand that, but it's two different scenarios.

Also, he should've been prepared for it given the circumstance, and memorized a professional, canned reply. The fact that he openly discussed it in previous interviews also puts a different spin on it, IMHO; you're not actually outing him if he's already done it himself. Essentially, you're questioning how (& why) he changed how he identifies.

by Anonymousreply 86May 14, 2020 7:30 AM

"Also, he should've been prepared for it given the circumstance, and memorized a professional, canned reply."

So you would actually prefer that, rather than a person defend their right to keep private information private, that person should create an artificial cover story and accomplish the same goal of keeping their private information private, except do so by deflecting and making excuses rather than simply saying "that's not really your business"?

by Anonymousreply 87May 14, 2020 3:02 PM

cant see Hardy inside a woman at all.....his paranoia at that comic con thing convinced me....

wow that pic shows how baldy he getting....could explain his edginess and fear ...

he should play a queen to show he has range, all his roles a tad too....uber butch ola.

by Anonymousreply 88May 14, 2020 3:29 PM

He sure is nice to look at.

by Anonymousreply 89May 14, 2020 3:37 PM

[quote] all his roles a tad too....uber butch ola

r88, I've always had the impression his macho posturing has been an example of overcompensating for some self-loathing.

by Anonymousreply 90May 14, 2020 3:40 PM

considering the early queeny roles he played with gusto, ide say you are spot on.

by Anonymousreply 91May 14, 2020 3:56 PM

The long and boring PR replies defending this queen's right to privacy just show us how pathetic and desperate he is.

by Anonymousreply 92May 14, 2020 5:46 PM

(R57) Yowza! I'd like to make an appointment.

by Anonymousreply 93May 14, 2020 7:17 PM

He always looks so dirty.

by Anonymousreply 94May 14, 2020 7:18 PM

[quote] I've always had the impression his macho posturing has been an example of overcompensating for some self-loathing.

He has said as much.

What is he afraid of? The answer is simple, if unexpected. "I have always been frightened with men," Hardy told me. "To the point where I couldn't go into a gym because of the testosterone, and I felt weak."

"I don't feel very manly," he wrote in an e-mail. "I don't feel rugged and strong and capable in real life, not how I imagine a man ought to be. So I seek it, to mimic it and maybe understand it, or maybe to draw it into my own reality."

"People who are scary, they terrify me, but I can imitate them," he said. "I can stay terrified, or I can imitate what terrifies me."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 14, 2020 7:23 PM

Weirdly, he either looks fantastic or awful.

by Anonymousreply 96May 14, 2020 7:27 PM

I think he looked his best in Inception.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 14, 2020 7:32 PM

I prefer how his Rocknarolla look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 14, 2020 7:41 PM

Will never support this toxic closet case again. I don't mind being closeted, its the hypocrisy, contempt, and self hate I can't stand.

by Anonymousreply 99May 14, 2020 11:18 PM

Are Tom Hardy and /or Logan Marshall Green mixed race?

by Anonymousreply 100May 14, 2020 11:24 PM

r87 where did I say anything about "artificial cover story"? I meant actually write & memorize (or have someone else write) a response you can fall back on if asked--something PR & generic, that still sounds like you.

Regardess of whether or not he or anyone else thinks he should be asked, it's not unreasonable to prepare for it with a generic, "I've already talked about that, I'm here to promote project X" reply.

by Anonymousreply 101May 14, 2020 11:26 PM

Ah, yes, I remember now. A former gentleman-caller of mine, wasn’t he? It was so long ago, and there were so many Beaux...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 14, 2020 11:47 PM

I wonder if Tom and Chris Pine got down with each other when they were filming that shit movie with Reese.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 15, 2020 12:00 AM

Or ended up on the casting couch with the film's director McG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104May 15, 2020 12:14 AM

I saw Tom Hardy in person once, he's short. Rather ordinary looking up close. it's amazing what the camera can do for some people.

by Anonymousreply 105May 15, 2020 12:21 AM

Good actor, all else is incidental.

by Anonymousreply 106May 15, 2020 12:30 AM

My friend's brother does security and he looked after Tom and Kiera a few years back. He mentioned Kiera hardly eating, she apparently pushes her food around then eats only a tiny bit of what's served, not surprising there. He also said Tom was gay but offered zero elaboration so I assumed it was an opinion rather than him seeing something. I always thought he was bisexual. *shrug*

by Anonymousreply 107May 15, 2020 10:29 AM

I bet he can suck a mean dick with those lips.

by Anonymousreply 108May 15, 2020 10:55 AM

Haterz rejoice. It's Razzie-time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 15, 2020 10:58 AM

Looking at his MySpace photos grouped together rather than the sexy ones presented out of context, he seems to be cut from the same cloth as James Franco. Just kind or anything-goes unhinged exhibitionist who thinks of himself as a provocative artist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 15, 2020 11:18 AM

His affected ‘acting’ style is so painful to watch. There’s nothing deep or clever or arty about it but he’s conned general audiences into thinking he’s a genius (which I suppose in itself is a kind of cunning). I assume nerds fanwank over him because he’s so hot but they don’t want to admit they respond to that so instead they redirect their admiration toward his work.

I remember thinking as I watched PEAKY BLINDERS that recurring costar & cult tv actor Aiden Gillen was acting circles around Hardy despite having half the level of acclaim. The way Hardy played his character was distracting, unintentionally humorous and broke the frame of the story.

by Anonymousreply 111May 15, 2020 11:26 AM

I’ll always give him props for punching Alejandro Innarittu’s lights out on set of The Revenant, though. Innarittu is an insufferable bastard.

by Anonymousreply 112May 15, 2020 6:37 PM

Any cock and ass?

by Anonymousreply 113May 15, 2020 7:08 PM

Aidan Gillen is a wonderful actor, R111.

by Anonymousreply 114May 15, 2020 7:10 PM

He looks like an inbred chav. I see his kind a lot around where I live. Is it American DLers that are obsessed with him?

by Anonymousreply 115May 15, 2020 7:30 PM

Adan has a nice big fat cock

by Anonymousreply 116May 15, 2020 7:40 PM

r115 that's also an act. He's UMC, from the same area as Christopher Nolan, IIRC.

He started the chav talk when he first came to America, then dialled it back as he became more established.

by Anonymousreply 117May 15, 2020 7:47 PM

Yes, he's from a fairly well-off background but affects the whole chav thing which is really tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 118May 15, 2020 7:50 PM

[quote]Yes, he's from a fairly well-off background but affects the whole chav thing which is really tiresome.

It also comes from his love of rap. He even had a mixtape when he was young. He's no different than the Presley Gerbers and Chet Hazes of the world who puts on an affectation to reflect what they're into.

by Anonymousreply 119May 15, 2020 8:24 PM

R59, Because one of the characters he played in the movie he was promoting was gay. It's not that hard to understand. The question was COMPLETELY on topic.

R60, Obviously people care about the sex lives of celebrities otherwise we wouldn't have to see the Royal family and their boundless inbred spawn getting married off and the endless threads here that make it a topic of discussion. Actors, Musicians..etc, have a greater influence on wider society than some two-faced two-bit DC whore that the general public don't even know about. Singers sing songs about romance and love. Actors perform stories about sex and love why shouldn't we be allowed to talk about the thing that they're selling to us, and to talk to them about it as well? Actors are not regular people working regular jobs. Their job requires exhibitionism and public adoration.

R78, They do, and straight actors generally don't make a big deal out of being asked questions about who they're dating. If they're playing a leading romantic role they have no problem answering questions of how they prepared for that role, doing intimate scenes, or if they're getting along with their scene partner. There's no taboo around heterosexuality so it's no big deal to them.

by Anonymousreply 120May 15, 2020 8:26 PM

Just to play devil's advocate. He might be bisexual in ways we don't understand. Like in England, a man can experiment with his sexuality without being dammed for life as gay or self hating. I think many of the artsy types in England play around and experiment. Bisexuality may even give you street cred. However they don't realize how puritan and black/white America. oNE CAN'T BE TAKING SERIOUSLY AS A STUD IN aMERICA, IF ONE IS BISEXUAL.

by Anonymousreply 121May 16, 2020 1:40 AM

He don't need come out, ev body knows the old queen is queer as a 3 dolla bill..

by Anonymousreply 122May 16, 2020 3:03 PM

R121 THANK YOU.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123May 16, 2020 4:12 PM

Too many tattoos, no thanks!

by Anonymousreply 124May 16, 2020 4:24 PM

Would suck the corona virus right off his dick!

by Anonymousreply 125May 16, 2020 4:25 PM

would spit in his eye and say his Capone was FLOPSVILLE

by Anonymousreply 126May 16, 2020 4:26 PM

Tom Hardy grilled by reporter!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 16, 2020 4:27 PM

Smoke crack repeatedly and no one calls you a crackhead but suck one dick...

by Anonymousreply 128May 16, 2020 4:28 PM

R116 oh, you are a naughty one, a mhuirnín..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 17, 2020 11:16 PM

Dick is whack!

by Anonymousreply 130May 18, 2020 12:11 AM

[quote] For those of you who thought Al Pacino yukked it up too much as Jimmy Hoffa in "The Irishman," get ready for this ham dinner.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Suck it closet case, your film stinks.

39% on Rotten Tomatoes.

by Anonymousreply 131May 18, 2020 4:44 AM

Where is the naked wrestling, please?

by Anonymousreply 132May 18, 2020 4:47 AM

Naked wrestling?!

by Anonymousreply 133May 18, 2020 11:38 AM

Tom Cruise @ r133.

by Anonymousreply 134May 18, 2020 11:57 AM

(R134) oh look because their is a story about how he naked wrestled with Shai

by Anonymousreply 135May 18, 2020 12:00 PM

Damn fine man. But whenever I watch his movies I have to put on the closed captioning. Was really bad on Legend. He does remind me a lot of Marlon Brando.

by Anonymousreply 136May 18, 2020 12:06 PM

It’s about time he accepted that he’s the Channing Tatum of England.

And that he begin going by ‘Thomas’. The author of the same name has been dead long enough and banished to obscurity. Besides, unseemly at his age not to.

by Anonymousreply 137May 18, 2020 3:16 PM

why do $ men keep throwin $ at the ridic clown of a queen???

by Anonymousreply 138May 18, 2020 4:35 PM

Here pussy pussy pussy, tommie cum git ur cock fer da nite...

by Anonymousreply 139May 19, 2020 3:08 PM

TOM HARDY I LOVE UR GAY HOLE AND WANT TO KISS IT AND MAKE IT WELL

by Anonymousreply 140May 22, 2020 9:07 AM

Some people’s sexuality is different to yours. Of course bisexuality exists. I have been with women a couple of times but am totally gay. The one here that is literally screaming he is a liar and a bisexual eraser etc is a little deranged though no? His sexuality has to be what you want it to be? He has to discuss it how you want it? He doesn’t seem like someone that is ashamed of it really but you seem to have issues. It’s weird.

by Anonymousreply 141May 22, 2020 9:52 AM

Bisexuality is a real thing. Tom Hardy is a clear gay bearding for a career, though.

by Anonymousreply 142May 22, 2020 9:59 AM

[quote] He doesn’t seem like someone that is ashamed of it really but you seem to have issues

Tom Hardy goes out of his way to ditch any conversation about his sexuality, people even posted videos here to prove that. You're either stupid or a troll.

by Anonymousreply 143May 22, 2020 10:03 AM

I mean I believe your sexuality is what you want it to be. Personally I feel that he is Bi But currently is leaning on the female side because he’s I would imagine “happily “married. I feel he has had sex with men in the past but maybe out of respect for his wife and family doesn’t like to talk about it. Now it is possible he is repressed and gets angry about it but it honestly think it’s more likely that he’s just bi. Like someone said earlier for all we know him and his wife may bring other men into their bed.

by Anonymousreply 144May 22, 2020 12:32 PM

Weird r126, I just started watching “Queer as Folk” last night. Haven’t seen it in ages.

by Anonymousreply 145May 22, 2020 3:40 PM

Sorry, meant R129

by Anonymousreply 146May 22, 2020 3:41 PM

Purdy Hardy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 22, 2020 4:37 PM

I want to see his bare bum

by Anonymousreply 148May 22, 2020 4:39 PM

Taking a shot to the ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 22, 2020 4:51 PM

Tom was hot when he was younger, but I just don’t like his abundance of tats. And, he seems to be mean and difficult.

by Anonymousreply 150May 22, 2020 7:12 PM

I have seen him also on talk shows talking about it here in England. I am not a troll or stupid I just don’t take it the way you do. You take it all very personally? And then hurl insults. Why do care so much? I can literally see you sitting at your keyboard screaming at it. It makes me laugh and laugh.

by Anonymousreply 151May 22, 2020 8:59 PM

And what do you hope he says? I have had homosexual experiences in my past but I identify as straight? Because honey I have a feeling that won’t satisfy the likes of you.

by Anonymousreply 152May 22, 2020 9:03 PM

(R152) exactly. I don’t get all the outrage yes maybe he could have not went off but I don’t see the big deal. Your sexuality is your business.

by Anonymousreply 153May 23, 2020 11:20 AM

r153, These Marys feel offended that a star who is bisexual isn't out as gay though they won't even support him and would tear him down if said star ever came out as gay.

by Anonymousreply 154May 23, 2020 6:35 PM

His fukhole is evid very delish....

by Anonymousreply 155May 30, 2020 4:59 PM

Definition of hot, rough trade. Probably spits on you in bed.

That aside, I think he’s talented. His take on Bane in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ was interesting and the voice is still a thing people imitate.

by Anonymousreply 156May 30, 2020 6:04 PM

Yea no doing for some reason I feel that when does have sex with men he’s a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 157May 30, 2020 7:00 PM

CAPONE was just Tom Hardy shitting his pants like a zombie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158May 30, 2020 7:22 PM

Yeah, definitely see him as a bottom especially since he likes to show his ass off on so many of his films.

He also strikes me as the type who doesn't wipe do well.

All that hair collecting dingleberries.

by Anonymousreply 159May 30, 2020 7:30 PM

I believe the only mansex he admitted to implied bottoming and chemsex, r157. You might want to google his interviews.

But I SO loved him domming the gay attorney in ROCKNROLLA:

Mmmmm ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 30, 2020 7:32 PM

This pic of Hardy and Cody Garbrandt is so homoerotic even with both of them clothed,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161May 30, 2020 7:52 PM

(R161) yea it is

by Anonymousreply 162May 30, 2020 11:35 PM

she whored her way to the middle....

by Anonymousreply 163May 31, 2020 9:51 AM

He is probably a nasty verbal bottom too!

by Anonymousreply 164May 31, 2020 11:55 AM

R160

"Give me your mobile!" Would anyone say no to that? haha.

by Anonymousreply 165June 1, 2020 10:36 AM

(R160) i think half the reason I love that movie is because of his gay character lol

by Anonymousreply 166June 1, 2020 12:08 PM

Presumably he had to have some way to acquire the money for cocaine during his years as a drama student/struggling actor.

by Anonymousreply 167June 1, 2020 5:22 PM

Do they actually show the shit?

by Anonymousreply 168May 12, 2021 1:36 AM

Question was meant for R158

by Anonymousreply 169May 12, 2021 1:37 AM

His lips look like wounds.

by Anonymousreply 170May 12, 2021 1:40 AM

He's a good actor, but a dreadful human being.

by Anonymousreply 171June 8, 2021 6:44 AM

He mumbles too much when acts.

by Anonymousreply 172June 8, 2021 7:15 AM

Bloated and tatted.

by Anonymousreply 173June 8, 2021 7:26 AM

Used to be cute, lost his looks. Like so many (see Jude Law, Patrick Wilson).

by Anonymousreply 174June 8, 2021 7:26 AM

I'm a mouth guy, love a beautiful mouth. Tom Hardy has one of the most drop dead gorgeous mouths I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 175June 8, 2021 7:29 AM

He thinks of himself as the next Brando, that's who he models his acting on, but he doesn't have anywhere near that level of talent. His acting is to obvious and fake, which is surprising for a British actor, I assume he wasn't classically trained. He also sounds "special" in Venom.

by Anonymousreply 176June 8, 2021 8:00 AM

He thinks of himself as the next Brando, that's who he models his acting on, but he doesn't have anywhere near that level of talent. His acting is to obvious and fake, which is surprising for a British actor, I assume he wasn't classically trained. He also sounds "special" in Venom.

by Anonymousreply 177June 8, 2021 8:00 AM

Yeah he's definitely bisexual. He admitted it himself in an interview, but quickly denied it and acted ashamed like all closet cases when he was asked in a different interview about his sexual orientation. I posted this on another thread last year.

by Anonymousreply 178June 8, 2021 8:09 AM

I think he's a really good actor and if he'd been 6'2" rather than 5'9", he'd have been a fucking god of the screen.

I'd do him in a heartbeat. He looks intense and interesting. I already have a best friend, I don't need him for that.

He did almost all his acting in Dunkirk with his eyes over that pilot's mask and he pulled it off.

He was absolutely fantastic in that film about the inarticulate bartender in Brooklyn, "The Drop", (which was also James Gandolfini's last film), who goes up against the local Chechnyan mob and gets rid of the neighbourhood sadist without anyone guessing except the NYPD detective who knows he can't prove a thing. It was a box office flop but in my opinion worth your time just for Hardy's performance.

by Anonymousreply 179June 8, 2021 11:22 AM

Read the comments black twitter ain't having it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 11, 2022 12:03 AM

He channels midcentury MGM contract-player actor Keenan Wynn for early 21st century filmdom.

by Anonymousreply 181March 11, 2022 12:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!