Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Within Treason: I'm Every Woman (The Impeachment Inquiry, Part 21)

Continued Discussion

I can cast a spell, see, but you can't tell

Mix a special brew, put fire inside of you

Anytime you feel danger or fear

Then instantly I will appear 'cause

I'm every woman, it's all in me

Anything you want done, baby, I'll do it naturally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601January 22, 2020 12:06 AM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2020 4:16 PM

Sorry for the delay. Hope you all can find this thread.

by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2020 4:17 PM

Thanks, OP! Was worried we wouldn't have another!

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2020 4:21 PM

Now there's two....shit.

by Anonymousreply 4January 16, 2020 4:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2020 4:22 PM

This morning at her press conference Pelosi said, "All the presidents henchmen . . ." in regards to current events.

I love it!!!

by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2020 4:24 PM

Yeah so which are we using. This one appears to be by the OP of all the other threads but the other one is the one linked at the bottom of the last thread.

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2020 4:26 PM

R6 I love it! Nancy is everything.

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2020 4:27 PM

We ♥️ OP.

by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2020 4:29 PM

Like that little bitch Mitch wouldn't have handed out commemorative dental dams so Rethugs could continue to eat Trump's ass safely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2020 4:32 PM

Devin Nunes should be expelled from Congress. Hate that fraud.

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2020 4:33 PM

Washington Post: White House hold on Ukraine aid violated federal law, congressional watchdog says

The White House violated federal law in its hold on security aid to Ukraine last year, according to a decision by a congressional watchdog released on Thursday.

The Government Accountability Office, a nonpartisan agency that reports to Congress, found the Trump administration violated a law that governs how the White House disburses money approved by Congress.

The GAO decision comes as the Senate prepares for the impeachment trial of President Trump, a process set to begin Thursday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2020 4:36 PM

R7 doesn't matter to me. I'm thankful though to the other OP for taking the initiative to get a new one up!

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2020 4:37 PM

Newsweek:

Robert Hyde Says He Was Only 'Playing' in Texts About Surveillance of Marie Yovanovitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2020 4:38 PM

CBS Live

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2020 4:39 PM

Just a reminder that Trump is anally incontinent from years of prescription drug abuse and wears diapers.

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2020 5:12 PM

I'm the OP of the other thread. Go ahead and use this one since it has more responses

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2020 5:24 PM

We should all invest in the company that makes "Depends" adult diapers. I have a feeling that Fat Donnie isn't the only one in Washington who's stocking up. May the GOP drown in all this shitstorm they've created!

by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2020 5:38 PM

CNN:

GOP Senator calls CNN reporter 'liberal hack'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 16, 2020 5:42 PM

Goddamn, R19 give us a time stamp. Not watching 10min of that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 20January 16, 2020 6:01 PM

Tell you what, r20.....simply don't watch it.

by Anonymousreply 21January 16, 2020 6:04 PM

Nancy Pelosi: Parnas Interview Shows Barr Was 'Implicated' In Effort To Withhold Ukraine Aid | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 16, 2020 6:13 PM

Washington Post:

Doctored images have become a fact of life for political campaigns. When they’re disproved, believers ‘just don’t care.’

To back his assertion that President Barack Obama had coddled the world’s top sponsor of terrorists, Rep. Paul A. Gosar (R-Ariz.), cited an unusual source: a clumsily altered image of a nonexistent handshake between Obama and the Iranian president. The doctored photo, once used in TV ads supporting Republican Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, had been repeatedly debunked since it first surfaced on an Egyptian Islamist political website in 2013.

But when critics last week chided Gosar for showing hundreds of thousands of people a faked image of an imaginary event, the fifth-term congressman said they, the “dim witted” ones, were in the wrong. “No one said this wasn’t photoshopped,” he declared. “The point remains … The world is better without Obama as president."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 16, 2020 6:26 PM

I agree with R20 . Ain’t nobody got time for that!

by Anonymousreply 24January 16, 2020 6:26 PM

And I got my period!

by Anonymousreply 25January 16, 2020 6:40 PM

Politico:

Parnas and Ukraine aid bombshells jolt impeachment trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 16, 2020 7:11 PM

Examiner: Former Republican lawmaker backs Biden, bucking Trump campaign co-chairman son

LaHood, 74, is the father of Republican Illinois Rep. Darin LaHood, who helps lead President Trump's reelection efforts in their home state.

The elder LaHood, an Obama administration colleague of Biden, said he wouldn't vote for Trump, a decision he also made in 2016. During the last election cycle, he cast a ballot for Hillary Clinton, who was secretary of state at the same time LaHood was Transportation secretary.

“The way he treats people,” Ray LaHood told Illinois's Journal Star. “The way that he disparages people. The way that he represents our country. He’s not my kind of politician.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 16, 2020 7:14 PM

[quote]give us a time stamp. Not watching 10min of that bullshit.

Here's just the few seconds you need to see:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 16, 2020 7:34 PM

Louisville Courier-Journal:

Weeks after saying "I'm not an impartial juror," McConnell pledges impartiality in oath

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 16, 2020 7:40 PM

trump just now stated, he doesn't know parnas, never had a conversation with him and that he takes photos with countless people that he doesn't know or remember? hmm, interesting that's his defense! sure, one could not remember taking a photo with someone among countless people, but when said person (trump) takes a photo WITH the same person not once, not twice, not five times, but more then a few, uh doesn't that throw that deflection excuse out the window?!...

and that brain dead collins just now stated, when told that their is new evidence she replies "why didn't they bring that up earlier then?" then when told they couldn't because of judges decisions, her next reply? "well, then the democrats rushed it didn't they!"...

IS THAT HOW THE FUCKED UP WARPED MINDSET WORKS?

by Anonymousreply 30January 16, 2020 7:43 PM

Pretty much.

by Anonymousreply 31January 16, 2020 8:03 PM

Examiner:

Pelosi: Trump can postpone State of the Union amid impeachment trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 16, 2020 8:13 PM

If Nancy hadn’t waited we would have missed this new evidence.

by Anonymousreply 33January 16, 2020 8:15 PM

No one ever said the Senate trial wouldn't be a whitewash. Pelosi only agreed to undertake the impeachment after the less cynical wing of the party threatened a rebellion. And now, at least, a significant portion of Trump's crimes have been officially documented and entered into the permanent public record. If the Senate wants to put itself in the position of cleaning up Trump every time he shits himself, so be it.

by Anonymousreply 34January 16, 2020 8:16 PM

Is this the official impeachment thread?

by Anonymousreply 35January 16, 2020 8:16 PM

Judge Judy is endorsing Bloomberg. Early in Trump's Presidency she spoke positively of him but Judy doesn't tolerate nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 36January 16, 2020 8:18 PM

"I'll take that as a no, Senator Cunt."

by Anonymousreply 37January 16, 2020 8:25 PM

Yes, r35.

Brian Tyler Cohen:

Chris Wallace accuses Trump of trying to manipulate Fox News viewers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 16, 2020 8:32 PM

Washington Post:

What Trump has said about impeachment witnesses

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 16, 2020 8:41 PM

"Pelosi only agreed to undertake the impeachment after the less cynical wing of the party threatened a rebellion."

Trump gave her no choice, r34.

by Anonymousreply 40January 16, 2020 8:45 PM

[quote] Chris Wallace accuses Trump of trying to manipulate Fox News viewers

As opposed to Fox News trying to manipulate Fox News viewers?

by Anonymousreply 41January 16, 2020 9:04 PM

Cunt McSally @ R28. May she step into the biggest grease fire imaginable.

Your boy is going down. See you in November you colossal twat.

by Anonymousreply 42January 16, 2020 9:16 PM

The Republicans sure are unhinged, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 43January 16, 2020 9:22 PM

NYT:

Justice Dept. Investigating Years-Old Leaks and Appears Focused on Comey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 16, 2020 9:37 PM

So unbecoming of a Senator. She walks around like she owns the place. Was she even elected? Or appointed?

I had when people like that nest in their cushy offices like they pay rent there. It’s not your personally trailer. I bet she puts her bare feet up on the desks.

The tax payers own her office and pay her salary.

by Anonymousreply 45January 16, 2020 9:39 PM

This is going to be one hell of a movie. And why isn’t anybody making yet? Please not Oliver Stone.

Have we casted it yet? It could employ every actor in Hollywood. There are so many scoundrels.

We have all the archives here, and I don’t know where else on the inter webs has such a trove. OP, make sure to back all this up in the cloud. Or print it out.

by Anonymousreply 46January 16, 2020 9:45 PM

McSally was appointed after Jeff Flake quit. She's pissed because her opponent, Mark Kelly (spouse of shooting victim Rep. Gabby Giffords), is leading her by four points. Trump's approval rating here is -3. On a side note, Biden is the only Dem leading Trump in AZ.

by Anonymousreply 47January 16, 2020 9:46 PM

McSally was appointed after Jeff Flake quit. She's pissed because her opponent, Mark Kelly (spouse of shooting victim Rep. Gabby Giffords), is leading her by four points. Trump's approval rating here is -3. On a side note, Biden is the only Dem leading Trump in AZ.

by Anonymousreply 48January 16, 2020 9:46 PM

Ok so she wasn’t even elected, but wastes no time walking around the Capitol like she is some sort of big shot. She’s trash and the sooner AZ sends her packing, they can get Someone in there to get their money’s worth.

People are paying taxes to give her six figures to do absolutely nothing for the state or the country.

Someone needs to call her office and remind her she doesn’t own the place. I’m so sick of these entitled mooches.

by Anonymousreply 49January 16, 2020 9:52 PM

McSally is so dykey.

by Anonymousreply 50January 16, 2020 9:53 PM

WHET oliver stone? Sparked by r46 comment..

by Anonymousreply 51January 16, 2020 10:23 PM

r51 He has a series on Netflix, America's Secrets or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 52January 16, 2020 10:35 PM

What a fucking trash cunt McSally is. I wish he would have said, what someone else posted, "I'll take that as a no you triggered cunt."

The entire GOP is just a demon filled, evil, criminal enterprise. I actually hate people who support him. They could have a real, true crazy conservative in Pence. He is just regular demon, evil, corrupt. Why has 40% decided such an obvious man baby con man illiterate failed businessman is the one they worship like Jesus? I know the GOP has been evil for a long time but DAYUM.

by Anonymousreply 53January 16, 2020 10:37 PM

so now repub senators are trying to play dumb and act as if only the evidence that was obtained during the House's impeachment investigation can be considered in the Senate trial

that's like during the George Zimmerman trial when the judge did not allow prosecutors to make jurors aware that years before he had had a Myspace page filled with racist language towards black people which of course would prove his racial bias

by Anonymousreply 54January 16, 2020 11:19 PM

Oliver Stone stans Putin these days...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 17, 2020 12:10 AM

Slay ‘em, Nancy!

by Anonymousreply 56January 17, 2020 12:15 AM

On Rachel, Parnas implicated J. Sekulow, Barr, and Miss Lindzey.

by Anonymousreply 57January 17, 2020 1:37 AM

Washington Post:

‘It was like a breeding ground’: Trump hotel’s mix of GOP insiders and hangers-on helped give rise to impeachment episodes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 17, 2020 1:57 AM

McSally didn't taker Flake's seat. When John McCain died, he was replaced by Jon Kyl who then resigned. McSally was appointed to fill that seat, not Flake's.

by Anonymousreply 59January 17, 2020 1:58 AM

Manu is so cute. Only the worst person would be so rude to him

I hope it backfires on her

by Anonymousreply 60January 17, 2020 2:07 AM

Why did Lev get arrested in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 61January 17, 2020 2:08 AM

lmfao McSally is having her MOMENT now on Laura Ingraham

she laughed off the clip of her dismissing Manu. She's using it to appeal to deplorables to raise money for her campaign

she said to Ingraham: "I'm a fighter pilot. I call it like it is"

what a piece of shit

but she'll be the new deplorable queen I guess

by Anonymousreply 62January 17, 2020 2:16 AM

Is she a dyke? She pings, but I don't really want her on the team

by Anonymousreply 63January 17, 2020 2:50 AM

Washington Post:

The Senate trial will shape the president’s legacy and also that of his Republican Party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 17, 2020 2:55 AM

NYT:

An Impeachment Trial That Could Unfold Out of Public View

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 17, 2020 2:58 AM

BREAKING!!!

11 US troops were injured during Iran missile attack despite Pentagon initially saying no casualties

does that mean Trump had them lie? or was this some sort of error?

by Anonymousreply 66January 17, 2020 3:01 AM

Miss Lindsey!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 17, 2020 3:10 AM

Why does it seem the whole trial- investigations, interviews, testimonies, confessions- is happening outside of the courtroom?

While the politicians go through a sham trial that we already know the verdict of?

by Anonymousreply 68January 17, 2020 3:38 AM

R68, we don’t. I don’t, anyway. Just look at the surprise yesterday with the evidence from Lev Parnes. Imagine if Bolton testifies, in the Senate or the House!

by Anonymousreply 69January 17, 2020 3:46 AM

So, R16, trump smells like piss and shit. It certainly looks like he wears diapers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 17, 2020 4:48 AM

I’ll add to R69, part of the process is, if Trump et al get off, is infuriating the voters so they vote against the Republicans in Nov. As long as the Dems and their surrogates present a good case and publicize the offenses, the Dems win.

by Anonymousreply 71January 17, 2020 5:01 AM

I got some news for you, toots. He is not getting off this time.

by Anonymousreply 72January 17, 2020 6:10 AM

Shouldn't Lindsay Graham recuse himself?? Is Nunes under investigation? Why the fuck is he still there?

by Anonymousreply 73January 17, 2020 11:35 AM

CNN:

Trump expected to add Ken Starr and Alan Dershowitz to impeachment defense team

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 17, 2020 2:09 PM

WH statement on Dershowitz:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 17, 2020 2:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 17, 2020 2:13 PM

OBVIOUSLY BY NOW AND FOR QUITE SOME TIME, those who fight the hardest to defend trump ARE THE ONES in cahoots with him..

by Anonymousreply 77January 17, 2020 2:16 PM

Starr and Dershowitz? Oh dear. What? Is Guiliani booked?

This is going to be a sad, sad spectacle.

by Anonymousreply 78January 17, 2020 2:18 PM

Lindsey Graham needs to recuse herself for the Senate trial. She apparently was briefed directly by criminal conspirators. She was involved as much or moreso than Devin Nunes

Sekulow needs to be a witness that is crossed examined, not be the leader of Trump's defense team.

Bog Barr is the most corrupt of them all, worse than DJT if possible. . He's the AG dismantling democracy. He lies.

Pence, Pompeo, and Barr portray themselves as deeply religious. Their behavior indicates otherwise.

Jimmy Carter is a devoted Christian. These Trump operatives are not.

Every corrupt leader all over the world has corrupt devotees surrounding them that perform the dirty work.

Nixon had corrupt staffers, but not on the scale that Trump does. The entire Republican Party has gotten sinister and turned into a cult. These people are desperate to retain power and ill-gotten gains. They'll make a drastic move as election time nears.

by Anonymousreply 79January 17, 2020 2:21 PM

R79... nailed it!...don't forget, perry, mulvanney, and of course rudy...

by Anonymousreply 80January 17, 2020 2:22 PM

Jay Sekulow, who pocketed millions in a charity scam.

Alan Dershowitz, lawyer and staunch defender of Jeffrey Epstein.

Ken Starr, ousted as president of Baylor University in the wake of a sexual assault scandal.

Quite the legal team the president has assembled.

by Anonymousreply 81January 17, 2020 2:23 PM

R81.. "only the best people"!... best at what exactly? oh, that's right, just like him!....

sekulow REEKS Of sleaziness...

dershowitz, is a big ole perv as is starr!..

by Anonymousreply 82January 17, 2020 2:25 PM

Mitch McTurtle has a conflict of interest and needs to recuse himself because his wife is in Dump's cabinet. Why isn’t anyone talking about this?

by Anonymousreply 83January 17, 2020 2:26 PM

R83.... GOOD POINT!...

by Anonymousreply 84January 17, 2020 2:27 PM

David Frum:

Maybe the plan is to change the subject to allegations against the lawyers, and in the hubbub, for the president to disappear out the back door and catch the next steamer to Rio?

by Anonymousreply 85January 17, 2020 2:29 PM

Starr was fired for covering-up sexual assault allegations by football players at Baylor.

Dershowitz and the late Jeffery Epstein. There are stories.

by Anonymousreply 86January 17, 2020 2:29 PM

MICROSOFT NEWS POLL

Do you think President Trump knows Lev Parnas?

Yes = 80%

Probably = 7%

Unlikely = 6%

No = 5%

No opinion = 3%

Based on 4,739 responses.

by Anonymousreply 87January 17, 2020 2:32 PM

List. Bill Barr was in this up to his thick,bulging neck. Remember not too long ago when he was leaking all over the place that Rudy was a problem and Rudy was not serving the President well? I believe this was right around the time we learned of the existence of Lev & Igor. Barr has been actively trying to throw Rudy under the bus. Now lately Barr has been almost invisible. Is it me or has BArr sort of disappeared in the last two weeks? AndLev talking about what a dangerous guy Barr is speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 88January 17, 2020 2:52 PM

The Epstein-tainted Dershowitz and the Baylor-tainted Starr shows how low Trump has to go to find someone willing to defend him.

by Anonymousreply 89January 17, 2020 2:52 PM

Show me your lawyers and I'll tell you what you are....

by Anonymousreply 90January 17, 2020 2:53 PM

WELL SAID R90!

by Anonymousreply 91January 17, 2020 3:12 PM

Thanks, BILL.

by Anonymousreply 92January 17, 2020 3:15 PM

Brian Tyler Cohen putting everything in such a succinct perspective....

Trump FINALLY responds to bombshell Lev Parnas interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 17, 2020 3:45 PM

[quote] Alan Dershowitz, lawyer and staunch defender of Jeffrey Epstein.

And Claus Von Bülow. And OJ.

by Anonymousreply 94January 17, 2020 3:56 PM

Darn, I was hoping for Trump's favorite judge, Jeanine Pirro.

If you're going to make it a circus, you might as well hire the biggest clown.

by Anonymousreply 95January 17, 2020 4:00 PM

Also on the Trump team, per WaPo: Pam Bondi.

The same Pam Bondi who works for lobbyist Ballard Partners, the firm whose name Lev Parnas scribbled in his notes on Ritz Carlton Vienna stationery.

by Anonymousreply 96January 17, 2020 4:01 PM

Examiner:

'Never heard about': Pompeo says he wasn’t aware of possible surveillance of US ambassador to Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 17, 2020 4:06 PM

Washington Post:

Black Americans deeply pessimistic about country under Trump, whom more than 8 in 10 describe as ‘a racist,’ Post-Ipsos poll finds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 17, 2020 4:08 PM

[quote]Also on the Trump team, per WaPo: Pam Bondi.

The same Pam Bondi who works for lobbyist Ballard Partners, the firm whose name Lev Parnas scribbled in his notes on Ritz Carlton Vienna stationery.

Yes, and the very same Pam Bondi who, as Florida AG, who accepted $25,000 from the now-shuttered-for-fraud Donald J. Trump Foundation, after which she dropped her investigation of the now-shuttered-for -fraud Trump University.

Only the best people.

by Anonymousreply 99January 17, 2020 4:12 PM

I can’t find it, but back in like 1999 Trump did an interview during Clinton’s Impeachment and called Starr a lunatic etc.

by Anonymousreply 100January 17, 2020 4:14 PM

Reince Preibus last night on the Sean Hannity show:

“Sometimes the best defense is the ‘so what’ defense. If everything the Democrats said is true, it’s still not impeachable. If everything Lev Parnas said is true, it’s still not impeachable. That’s what this is about.”

by Anonymousreply 101January 17, 2020 4:41 PM

After spinning so many Jeffrey Epstein conspiracy theories.....the right doesn't care that Trump is being represented by a guy caught up in the Epstein scandal

by Anonymousreply 102January 17, 2020 5:20 PM

R77 - Bingo!

by Anonymousreply 103January 17, 2020 5:34 PM

Who the fuck blocked R83? May you wake tomorrow with no fingers!

by Anonymousreply 104January 17, 2020 5:38 PM

The Damage Report:

"Dopes And Babies!" Screamed King Joffrey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 17, 2020 5:50 PM

Ring of Fire:

Trump Accused Of “Selling” U.S. Troops To Foreign Countries

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 17, 2020 6:27 PM

Obama salutes two Marines with a coffee cup in his hand and Republicans lose their shit.

Trump calls generals "dopes and babies" and crickets from Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 107January 17, 2020 6:33 PM

Lev Parnas said something about not wanting to be arrested, confined and abused by this administration like they have been doing. I want to know who is being confined and what exactly are they doing?

by Anonymousreply 108January 17, 2020 6:36 PM

Look up Chelsea Manning or Reality Winner, R108.

by Anonymousreply 109January 17, 2020 6:41 PM

R104.

by Anonymousreply 110January 17, 2020 6:55 PM

Manning has been in jail now twice and has another 8 months till the current subpoena expires. Could they issue a new subpoena after that and put her in jail again? Heartbreaking and we should all remember the subpoenas the Trump administration officials just ignored and none of them is in jail like Manning.

by Anonymousreply 111January 17, 2020 7:02 PM

R96 and R99.. the SAME PAM BONDI who took money from and shilled for the abusive insidiously evil cult that is scientology!....

SHE should ALREADY be locked up!..

by Anonymousreply 112January 17, 2020 7:10 PM

I suppose Haberman and the NYT will be writing very serious articles tonight about the legal dream team Trump has assembled and how this is all really bad for Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 113January 17, 2020 7:13 PM

"Trump Assembles Loyal Legal Celebrity Dream Team While Democrats Pursue Predictable Path to Impeachment."

(i.e. Trump is exciting, while Dems are just boring).

by Anonymousreply 114January 17, 2020 7:21 PM

TYT: Trump's Weird Flex About Mount Rushmore

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 17, 2020 7:42 PM

CNN:

Pompeo says State will investigate possible surveillance of ex-US ambassador, after more than 48 hours of silence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 17, 2020 7:51 PM

Washington Post:

‘You’re a bunch of dopes and babies’: Inside Trump’s stunning tirade against generals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 17, 2020 7:54 PM

Pompeo covering Pompeo's ass.

Big change.

Also a big spin away from Barr who SHOULD be doing the investigation.

by Anonymousreply 118January 17, 2020 7:54 PM

[quote]"Trump Assembles Loyal Legal Celebrity Dream Team While Democrats Pursue Predictable Path to Impeachment."

Not quite.

"Trump Legal Team to Add Starr and Dershowitz for Senate Trial"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119January 17, 2020 7:54 PM

It's ironic that Starr prosecuted Clinton over a non-impeachable offense and is now defending Trump against a very impeachable offense.

by Anonymousreply 120January 17, 2020 7:56 PM

R120 And also ironic that Starr tried to prosecute Clinton for a BJ and Starr got in trouble for sexual assault.

by Anonymousreply 121January 17, 2020 7:59 PM

Reuters:

Trump allies draw up plan to limit damage from impeachment trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 17, 2020 7:59 PM

Limit damage? Resign then, you sack of lard.

by Anonymousreply 123January 17, 2020 8:00 PM

Newsweek - Ex-White House Ethics Chief Calls McConnell A 'Perjurer' After Senator Takes Impeachment Oath: He Said 'The Exact Opposite'

"For Mitch McConnell to say he's working with the White House, coordinating with the defendant in this trial before the trial has even begun is atrocious," said Painter during a CNN panel discussion. "He may think he's a judge impaneling an all-white jury for a Klansman trial in Mississippi in 1965. That's not the kind of trial we have."

"It shouldn't be partisan. It should be about America. Our loyalty is to the United States of America, and senators take an oath to their country," Painter added.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124January 17, 2020 8:02 PM

Being President is the only thing protecting him from ten billion lawsuits and being sent to federal prison.

by Anonymousreply 125January 17, 2020 8:02 PM

Republicans have put party over country for quite awhile now. They need to be stopped.

by Anonymousreply 126January 17, 2020 8:03 PM

Ex- Ethnics Chief.....

One of the first ousted, most likely

by Anonymousreply 127January 17, 2020 8:09 PM

His "Dream Team" includes a guy who defended wife-killer OJ Simpson and attempted wife-killer Claus von Bulow. The Dream Team from hell. This will really resonate with women.

by Anonymousreply 128January 17, 2020 8:16 PM

*Ethics*

They wouldn't have an Ethnic chief, either.

by Anonymousreply 129January 17, 2020 8:17 PM

What happens if Electoral College members vote for Trump even though the Democrats' candidate wins the popular vote? Can the states stop this action or do we get Trump?

by Anonymousreply 130January 17, 2020 8:30 PM

[quote]What happens if Electoral College members vote for Trump even though the Democrats' candidate wins the popular vote?

The same thing that happened before. The same thing that happened to GWB twenty years ago.

by Anonymousreply 131January 17, 2020 8:32 PM

There's the answer to the 2020 election. Republicans own or pay off Electoral College members to win the election for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 132January 17, 2020 8:56 PM

[quote] Pompeo covering Pompeo's ass.

Good luck. He’ll need a baseball field tarp and a grounds crew.

by Anonymousreply 133January 17, 2020 8:57 PM

Most of those LSU players looked uncomfortable being at the WH. It's a long trip to be served McDonalds when such can be obtained at the LSU campus and dozens of places in the greater Baton Rouge area.

by Anonymousreply 134January 17, 2020 9:11 PM

From r117 "Tillerson in particular was stunned by Trump’s diatribe and began visibly seething. For too many minutes, others in the room noticed, he had been staring straight, dumbfounded, at Mattis, who was speechless, his head bowed down toward the table. Tillerson thought to himself, “Gosh darn it, Jim, say something. Why aren’t you saying something?”

But, as he would later tell close aides, Tillerson realized in that moment that Mattis was genetically a Marine, unable to talk back to his commander in chief, no matter what nonsense came out of his mouth. "

I cannot believe that right-wing cunt Jim Mattis. He sat through that...sat through everything Trump did...and instead of speaking out against Trump he wrote a book bitching about Obama.

by Anonymousreply 135January 17, 2020 9:14 PM

So who picks Electoral College voters?

by Anonymousreply 136January 17, 2020 9:19 PM

Tillerson is such a paragon of virtue.

by Anonymousreply 137January 17, 2020 9:19 PM

He stood up to Trump at least once, which is exactly one more time than Mattis, Kelley and McMaster apparently ever did.

by Anonymousreply 138January 17, 2020 9:25 PM

CNN has on Maggie Haberman. Of course they defer to her to render a positve critique of Trump's defense team.

Meanwhile, would Maureen Dowd be preparing another column blaming HRC for.......?

by Anonymousreply 139January 17, 2020 9:35 PM

NYTimes also stopped breaking news every day about Plump. They were the driving force in the beginning.

Why did they stop with the investigative stuff about him? It sure seems they went soft on him.

by Anonymousreply 140January 17, 2020 9:49 PM

NYT has been really bad the past several years. It's become right of center, or at least more obvious about it. They aren't even doing the "both sides" crap anymore, now it's just "Democrats did this new thing. Will this cost them 2020?" vs. "A bold new initiative for the Republican party"

by Anonymousreply 141January 17, 2020 10:10 PM

R69 has a thread here on how he wishes he had gone through gay conversion and married his only true love, a woman.

Sounds like a Log Cabiner!

by Anonymousreply 142January 17, 2020 10:11 PM

Another Lev document dump tonight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143January 17, 2020 10:19 PM

receipts!

by Anonymousreply 144January 17, 2020 10:24 PM

Politico's Kyle Cheney:

JUST IN: New evidence filed by House Intel Committee shows frequent contact between Parnas and top Nunes aide Derek Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 145January 17, 2020 10:32 PM

Nunes was the contact. Censure and throw his ass out of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 146January 17, 2020 10:35 PM

Dems and all independents should just start lying about everything nonstop. NONSTOP. Fuck it. They want to go there, lets go there. Balls to the wall lying. Fuck Pres Bone Spurs and his cult.

by Anonymousreply 147January 17, 2020 10:35 PM

Sen. Patrick Leahy on MSNBC: "I see Ken Starr, a man who pushed the weakest impeachment case, certainly in my lifetime, and now he's up here to defend the strongest impeachment case in my lifetime. Well, that's their choice. But it's a weird choice."

by Anonymousreply 148January 17, 2020 10:37 PM

From McSally's desperate stunt (she really is a nasty cunt) to the CT guy running to that MI lawmaker saying high school boys could have a lot of fun with a female reporter- the GOP is attracting more and more extreme people. It will only get worse after Pres Bone Spurs. No morals at all. None. I'm not sure I can ever forgive anybody who still supported him after his first 6 months in office much less now. They've sold their soul to the devil.

by Anonymousreply 149January 17, 2020 10:40 PM

We should organize protesters to blow whistles outside his Nazi rallies. 2,000 people blowing whistles would drive him crazier.

by Anonymousreply 150January 17, 2020 10:47 PM

McSally's "called it like it is" comment is typical. Conservatives really know and understand their ideology is weak and doesn't work. They know it is unpopular. They have to get the masses riled up in anger, religion (not average religion but the hard core kind) and they must get them to believe they are "owning" the libs because the libs have been owning them for......ever.

by Anonymousreply 151January 17, 2020 10:47 PM

R150, that's because the GOP base has gone further and further right in the last 25 years, and the extremists are the ones who vote in primaries resulting in these lowest common denominator candidates. The slightly more moderate Republican voters just rubber stamp these idiots in the general election as they can never vote for a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 152January 17, 2020 10:49 PM

Lindz & Devin have be naughty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 17, 2020 10:55 PM

Can they be called as witnesses?

by Anonymousreply 154January 17, 2020 11:02 PM

Lots of new photos in the latest document dump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 17, 2020 11:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 17, 2020 11:19 PM

Is there any mechanism for the forced recusal from the Senate impeachment jury for, ya know, being one of the criminals involved in the accused crimes? Fuck this shit?

by Anonymousreply 157January 17, 2020 11:36 PM

You know, who cares if he beats impeachment. He won’t get re-elected and now all the rethug senators have been set-up to go down with him in 2020.

But it would still be nice to see him hauled out with the garbage.

by Anonymousreply 158January 17, 2020 11:43 PM

Do you think the Russians are sleeping r158?

by Anonymousreply 159January 17, 2020 11:45 PM

Only a guilty man would hire Dershowitz.

by Anonymousreply 160January 17, 2020 11:47 PM

R113 - “I suppose Haberman and the NYT will be writing very serious articles tonight about the legal dream team Trump has assembled and how this is all really bad for Joe Biden.”

Haberman’s unused meat locker should dry up, and itch for all eternity. Her low register, somber, and measured speech pattern is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 161January 18, 2020 12:04 AM

New audio and documents

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162January 18, 2020 12:10 AM

On a brighter note re: Haberman, when DL finally begins production on our claymation [italic]Landward Bound: Our Boundaries, Stated[/italic], she’s a natural for it. Her monotone is just so perfect for dialogue like this:

[quote]I have stated my boundaries, Rainsong. Please respect them. I have just stated my boundaries again

[quote]Do NOT place your tent within ten feet of my tent. // Do NOT do it. // Do NOT even think about it. // If I return to my fresh new carefully selected campsite to see that I am sharing a wall with a neighbor, I will move your tent for you. No ifs and or buts. // I am telling you NOW so I do not have to tell you THEN.

by Anonymousreply 163January 18, 2020 12:21 AM

Politico:

House releases new impeachment evidence linking Nunes aide to Parnas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164January 18, 2020 12:32 AM

Thank you, R163. I am telling you now, so I don't have to tell you later: I love you.

by Anonymousreply 165January 18, 2020 12:37 AM

THEE president of the united states in front of a college team LSU honoring them at the white house and others just stated out loud "we've have alot of bad presidents and alot of good presidents over the many years, and we have a good president right now, but their still trying to impeach THE SON OF A BITCH!..

thee president using profanity like this in such a setting! and no one bats a eye! oh wait, i forgot "that's just how trump is, like his personality or not"!..

by Anonymousreply 166January 18, 2020 12:44 AM

Sounds like fat Donnie is gonna need a bigger bus!

by Anonymousreply 167January 18, 2020 12:55 AM

Toobin took on Dershowitz tonight on Anderson Cooper. Accused him of being ashamed of representing Trump. Dersh huffed, “I’m representing the Constitution.” Anderson smiled, “Well, the Constitution didn’t hire you.”

by Anonymousreply 168January 18, 2020 1:01 AM

Michael Flynn now wants to plead not guilty. Hunh? They offered you 6 mos. in prison (probably with Jeffrey Epstein-style perks) and you turned it down?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169January 18, 2020 1:11 AM

To answer the questions above about the suggestion that electors who make up the Electoral College might vote for tRump instead of the Democratic winner of their state’s electoral vote — that outcome is highly unlikely. The reason is that there are two slates of electors — the Democratic slate and the Rethuglicsn slate. The electors are generally party loyalists who pledge to vote for their party’s nominee. The electors become part of the Electoral College if their candidate wins the state’s votes. I think it is highly unlikely that enough Democratic stalwarts are going to jump ship to benefit tRump. Could that happen? Sure, possible but not probable at all.

It’s not as if the electors are just people chosen randomly.

by Anonymousreply 170January 18, 2020 1:14 AM

Oh Kellyanne, you blueberry packing queen!. Your spinning is dizziness. Who listens to you anymore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 18, 2020 1:14 AM

Kellyanne was smart to have her cosmetic surgeries done gradually. Looks like a chemical face peel has erased her alligator skin.

by Anonymousreply 172January 18, 2020 1:24 AM

Every few months she shows up refreshed when they peel off the nacreous layer of permacum and shit that covers her disgusting face.

by Anonymousreply 173January 18, 2020 1:30 AM

She still has that deformed underbite. She needs headgear and braces.

by Anonymousreply 174January 18, 2020 1:32 AM

It's an advantage for her to have that mouth, R174. As a WH counsel, she's a failure. As the personal mouthpiece and ironing lady, success is hers.

by Anonymousreply 175January 18, 2020 1:35 AM

I’ve seen some pictures of Kellyanne lately where it looks like she’s growing out her blonde hair in favor of what looks like stark white hair. Has anyone else seen that?

by Anonymousreply 176January 18, 2020 2:01 AM

that wench conway (was there ever a more apt name then that??!) looks at least in her mid 60's... the fact that she's in her 40's is scary!.. heck my mother is 80 and has less wrinkles and sagging then conway does!..

true example of a hateful evil person inside it shows on the outside..

by Anonymousreply 177January 18, 2020 2:04 AM

Roll Call:

Former Rep. Chris Collins sentenced to just over two years in federal prison

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 18, 2020 2:18 AM

Bloomberg:

White House Considers Changes to Law Banning Overseas Bribes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 18, 2020 2:22 AM

Well, of course, [R179]. They're very concerned about corruption.

by Anonymousreply 180January 18, 2020 2:23 AM

^^^Legalized corruption will not get out of the House.

by Anonymousreply 181January 18, 2020 2:28 AM

Washington Post:

USDA proposes changing school menus to allow more fries and fewer vegetables, reversing a Michelle Obama effort

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 18, 2020 2:28 AM

NYT:

How Trump Is Spreading a Conspiracy Theory About Pelosi, Biden and Sanders

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183January 18, 2020 2:31 AM

The Trump Cult is ripping away every veil and pretense, one by one. People who have been paying attention aren't surprised by any of it, but a lot of people really did believe that Evangelicals actually care about Christianity, that Republican politicians actually care about the constitution and ethics and the country at large, that there really are good reasons that the rich are rich. The Trump Cult forces everyone on the other side to admit that this has all been bullshit for at least fifty years, and that conservatism is just another word for assholes being assholes.

by Anonymousreply 184January 18, 2020 2:39 AM

Ted Lieu's response to Nunes: "SHOVE IT"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185January 18, 2020 2:48 AM

I feel optimistic. But I’ve been so disappointed so many times.

by Anonymousreply 186January 18, 2020 2:55 AM

AP:

Hillary Clinton to 2020 Democratic voters: pick a winner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187January 18, 2020 3:02 AM

That letter is great, r185!

by Anonymousreply 188January 18, 2020 3:05 AM

“I’m a very stable genius.”

No one says anything like this unless they are an unstable idiot.

Less often mentioned, but I think Trump has a very low IQ. He’s just stupid. He knows it, and he does a lot of gymnastics to try to mask it.

by Anonymousreply 189January 18, 2020 3:11 AM

Am I wrong in thinking that things like the letter cited above are just descending to the level of these creeps? As much as I'd like to tell, say, Robert Hyde that I hope his lactation problem never clears up and the anal rash just gets worse, I don't know that I'd commit such a comment to public record, as it were. I mean here is fine because you're all such sweeties, but, well, still.

by Anonymousreply 190January 18, 2020 3:17 AM

[quote]Am I wrong in thinking that things like the letter cited above are just descending to the level of these creeps?

Yes, you're wrong. There is nothing the left could ever do that could ever descend to the level of a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 191January 18, 2020 3:19 AM

R191, I was just about to say that! Seriously, it is not possible for Lieu to descend to the level of a Devin Nunes. Nunes is, morally, in one of those deep trenches under the sea.

by Anonymousreply 192January 18, 2020 3:21 AM

R185, I lol’d. Is that for real? Is it too good to be true?

by Anonymousreply 193January 18, 2020 3:23 AM

R192, if anything, Ted Lieu's approach is a long time coming.

We have to stop pretending that being "Gandhi" will work with these assholes. They're vile. We've allowed them to be as repulsive as possible with no response and when we tepidly response in their manner (like a letter), their response is "how dare you!"

R193, it's absolutely real. He tweeted it himself:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194January 18, 2020 3:24 AM

Nancy SLAYED on Bill Mather. The audience gave her a long, extended standing ovation.

by Anonymousreply 195January 18, 2020 3:36 AM

Are there online clips of Queen Nancy on Bill Maher tonight?

by Anonymousreply 196January 18, 2020 3:49 AM

Ted L.’s letter is what we need more of, the Michelle technique of Go Higher is not working. Nothing illegal like the repugs, just fight back, sling mud too and don’t take their shit.

by Anonymousreply 197January 18, 2020 4:01 AM

yeah, I get it that we can't necessarily always act like they do, but treating a nonsense SLAPP lawsuit from Devin Nunes with complete contempt seems entirely reasonable, as does treating Nunes with complete contempt. There may be wittier ways to do this thing than saying "shove it," but sometimes you may just need to go basic.

by Anonymousreply 198January 18, 2020 4:07 AM

Like I seriously can not imagine sitting there when Trump gives his State of the Union this year and pretending he isn't a criminal trying to bribe foreign nations to get him re-elected? How do you show him any respect at all? It would be a real struggle.

by Anonymousreply 199January 18, 2020 4:11 AM

R199, and it’ll get worse before then. Even worse is the Republicans may give him loud applause.

by Anonymousreply 200January 18, 2020 4:24 AM

So is someone going ask Mike “Mask Face” Pence why he canceled his trip to the Ukraine?

Well?

by Anonymousreply 201January 18, 2020 4:25 AM

Pelosi...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202January 18, 2020 4:36 AM

R190 = Mr.Biss; Devin Nunes’ lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 203January 18, 2020 4:36 AM

R201 All the questions the media DON’T ask these crooks are maddening.

by Anonymousreply 204January 18, 2020 11:23 AM

[quote]Legalized corruption will not get out of the House.

That's what Executive Orders are for!

by Anonymousreply 205January 18, 2020 11:59 AM

Does anyone know if Nunes can still file his lawsuits in Virginia though? I read that they want to change the law to stop people like Nunes to file frivolous lawsuits there even though he nor the people he sues live in Virginia. Any updates on that? What happened to his insane $400m CNN lawsuit now that all thus new evidence appeared?

by Anonymousreply 206January 18, 2020 12:12 PM

Lev is really saying he doesn't want to become the next Jeffrey Epstein. Dead. He is confirming information that is already out there. He is turning over documents, text messages, e-mails that so far, have been corroborated but other evidence. He's our sleazy, balding, Ukrainian John Dean. He is actually going against what Putin wants and what the Putin puppets in the Ukraine want. Those people are tough customers. They will kill your ass if you go against them. With all the attempts to "soften" it, the threats to Ambassador Yanokovich were very real. Real enough for our security to call her at 1 AM and say you have to leave. Now we're putting you on a plane back to the United States. The people who do the real work at the state department, understand threats and they know what they're doing.

by Anonymousreply 207January 18, 2020 12:18 PM

Pelosi is a treasonous whore leading a Mafia coup.

by Anonymousreply 208January 18, 2020 12:22 PM

Nancy P on Bill's show:

Fuck yourself bloody, R208.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209January 18, 2020 12:31 PM

CNN's Shimon Prokupecz:

Despite a court order, the Justice Department is holding back Special Counsel Mueller memos regarding the interviews conducted with the President’s son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner.

by Anonymousreply 210January 18, 2020 12:43 PM

Is Nunes being investigated? I would think Nancy would have something going by now?

by Anonymousreply 211January 18, 2020 12:50 PM

I see that there must have been a good reason I had already blocked R208.

by Anonymousreply 212January 18, 2020 1:00 PM

None of these Congressman are being investigated and they are very much, traitors to our country. These Republicans are living on lies and working for Putin. Can our country be saved?

by Anonymousreply 213January 18, 2020 1:04 PM

None of these Congressman are being investigated and they are very much, traitors to our country. These Republicans are living on lies and working for Putin. Can our country be saved?

by Anonymousreply 214January 18, 2020 1:04 PM

i suspect the republicans will remain standing for the entirety of trump's state of the union speech! that's how evil and/or in cahoots they are with him!

i'm stunned by now and have been how the reporters do not LITERALLY say out loud "that's a lie!", "your lying" , "your a liar"!...

by Anonymousreply 215January 18, 2020 1:41 PM

Reuters:

Ahead of tinder box Virginia gun rally, Trump says Constitution under attack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216January 18, 2020 1:50 PM

Rachel on Joy Reid this morning, discussing Lev Parnas interview!

by Anonymousreply 217January 18, 2020 1:51 PM

Washington Post:

House Democrats face multiple challenges as they prepare to argue for Trump’s removal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218January 18, 2020 1:52 PM

CNN:

'It's going to be devastating': Senators gear up for no-talking, no-electronics impeachment trial rules

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219January 18, 2020 2:04 PM

NBC: Trump may discredit an impeachment trial designed to acquit him

McConnell's strategy is fairly simple: If the outcome is a foregone conclusion — and it will be without a massive shift in circumstances — there's no reason to call extra attention to that fact or give House Democratic prosecutors any extra opportunity to present politically damaging information to the Senate and the public.

"There’s a clear understanding at the White House and among Senate Republicans that they want the same thing: to get it done as quickly as possible because it’s been distracting from the policy accomplishments that they’ve been achieving together," said Ron Bonjean, a former Senate leadership aide who is in contact with White House officials.

But Trump's own treatment of his trial so far — his Twitter rants, his public statements and his appointment of a television dramedy cast of lawyers to represent him — suggests deep trepidation on his part about the prospect of cutting his losses so far and walking away with the win of a quiet acquittal. Instead, he appears to be spoiling for the kind of high-profile fight — a trash-talking, institution-bashing, circus-like demonstration of raw muscle — that threatens to expose the inequity of a politically driven trial controlled by his own party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220January 18, 2020 2:08 PM

SNL....almost four years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221January 18, 2020 2:19 PM

I had r208 blocked too. I love not seeing their shit.

by Anonymousreply 222January 18, 2020 2:23 PM

I did laugh a bit about Nancy Pelosi saying how we had to stop Trump “for our children”. I was like, “and me too!! Don’t forget me!”

by Anonymousreply 223January 18, 2020 2:26 PM

Well that is Trump and the Trump Cult, r220. It won't ever be enough for the Republican Senate to mumble and grumble and show concern about the impropriety of it all but to conclude that it doesn't rise to the level of removal from office. Trump demands complete servile whoring from everyone. He will demand that the Republican Senate declare that the call was perfect, that the president is perfect, and that America should be grateful for the perfect God King walking amongst us.

That is actually great for us. Get the Trump Stank all over every Republican senator and for that matter every prominent Republican of the last 30 years. Good. Burn the whole mother fucker down in November.

(Incidentally, I'd love to know what these "policy accomplishments" are that they are supposedly all doing.)

by Anonymousreply 224January 18, 2020 3:02 PM

Miss Lindz should certainly be removed as Chair and member of the Senate Judiciary Committee and undergo an ethics investigation immediately if Lev's comments are further substantiated

Nunes needs to be expelled from Congress, if needed investigative procedures are enacted progress to that action.

Kevin McCarthy and Mitch McConnell appear to care only about personal and party power For anyone in their ranks that are being unethical, they don't care as long as the bad behavior supports, or is not counter to, their agenda.

Democrats will toss out their own members over disclosed adultery pics and some repeated, inappropriate touching

It is all crazy, but reality.

by Anonymousreply 225January 18, 2020 3:02 PM

Regarding Hyde....

TYT: Trump Goon Stammers Through Bizarre Interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226January 18, 2020 3:09 PM

McConnell should be working on removing Pence and replacing him with a VP not connected to the Ukraine scandal, so that someone can pick up the pieces after Trump is removed. Because that's where this all is headed.

by Anonymousreply 227January 18, 2020 3:23 PM

Last night on Real Time, Joe Walsh and John Meachum aren't so sure Trump won't be removed from office while Maher and the NYT reporter were pretty sure Trump would be acquitted.

I wonder if those two know something the rest of us don't.

by Anonymousreply 228January 18, 2020 3:37 PM

Both houses of Congress have to approve an appointed VP. There's no way that the House would vote for someone McConnell wanted.

by Anonymousreply 229January 18, 2020 3:39 PM

What they know is that the impeachment story is changing very fast and That rethug senators are worried about losing the election.

by Anonymousreply 230January 18, 2020 3:47 PM

Nikki Haley has been trying to position herself into some action if something's ng happens like R227 describes.

Stay away from South Carolina Republican politicians. Haley, Graham, Mulvaney, Gowdy, etc. will not endear you. Several of them are not scandal-free.

Mitt Romney may be best name the Republicans could advance forward in such a scenario.

by Anonymousreply 231January 18, 2020 4:20 PM

^pardon, auto-spell blundered the first sentence.

by Anonymousreply 232January 18, 2020 4:24 PM

The so-called moderate Republicans are boxed in, r230. Some of them probably will lose if they vote to acquit the obviously criminal president. However, they are certain to lose if they go against the Cult and actually vote to convict. The howling and shrieking will be loud and long, and no Democrats will trust them enough after this one good thing to make up for all the support they'll lose from Republicans. They're only hope, which would probably fail also, is to just quit the party and pray they've built up enough goodwill to slip through as an Independent candidate, or just switch parties altogether. They probably haven't. Certainly any Democratic voter would be stupid to ever trust a Susan Collins or a Corey Gardner. They're probably just stuck with the Cult they helped create.

by Anonymousreply 233January 18, 2020 4:29 PM

I can remotely imagine a scenario where Collins becomes an Independent and then refuses to say who she would caucus with until conducting a poll.

by Anonymousreply 234January 18, 2020 4:32 PM

Politico: Rod Rosenstein admits leaking Peter Strzok/Lisa Page texts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235January 18, 2020 4:35 PM

Trump's Evil is Contagious, writes Timothy Egan in the NY Times.

"The president has shown us exactly what happens when good people do nothing."

Well worth reading. Egan's closing paragraphs:

Here’s the two-step that all good people must take now: First, realize the level of depravity that has taken over the White House, and second, fight accordingly.

“Do not come to this fight believing that the Trump team views any action, including outright criminality, as off limits,” writes Rick Wilson. This doesn’t mean you have to cheat, lie or coerce. But it means you do have to fight, or be counted among the do-nothings who allowed evil to flourish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236January 18, 2020 4:53 PM

r207 don't kid yourself. no one goes against Putin, at least at the moment. I'm sure he had Putin's blessing. Putin isn't dumb (like Trump) and sees the writing on the wall. He no longer needs Trump so he is letting him be thrown to the wolves.

by Anonymousreply 237January 18, 2020 5:05 PM

Trump is no longer useful to Putin.

He is damaged goods with the stink of impeachment.

Time to advance a new asset.

by Anonymousreply 238January 18, 2020 5:17 PM

Do you stink of impeachment?

by Anonymousreply 239January 18, 2020 5:21 PM

r238....Bernie is already in position....and the idiots out there are falling for it.

by Anonymousreply 240January 18, 2020 5:23 PM

Oh I think Trump is still highly useful to Putin. As Trump really brings the crazy, lashing out in all directions against every institution of the U.S., and bringing his Cult along with him, he really makes it harder and harder to take this country seriously. He spreads chaos wherever he goes, starts and then abandons everything. Are we at war with Iran, who knows? North Korea. Nukes or no nukes. Who knows? China, trade war or not. Who knows? Who cares? Certainly not Trump. He's made this country a complete joke everywhere, and that is beyond Putin's wildest dreams.

by Anonymousreply 241January 18, 2020 5:24 PM

Trump doesn't ever want his tax records released. That could shine some light on his financial dealings with Russian oligarchs and perhaps others. Putin no doubt holds secrets about Trump that may be shocking if leaked/released. Money laundering? Shady efforts to pursue Trump Tower-Moscow.

And while the pee pee girls alleged tapes may not be catastrophic for Trump if such became public, it has not been proven the tapes don't exist and under Putin's control. One of the hotel mangers spread the story/rumor that quickly made its way to some patrons in the hotel bar. That story was shared with Steele a few years later when he was privately investigating.

by Anonymousreply 242January 18, 2020 5:32 PM

If Mitt Romney or Nikki Haley were nominated to be the replacement VP, the House would approve them - there's no reason not to. I just have trouble seeing Trump agree to either of those choices. He doesn't like to be around people who are smarter than him.

by Anonymousreply 243January 18, 2020 5:35 PM

Traitor and Lunatic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244January 18, 2020 5:38 PM

The biggest mistake Pelosi made was not taking out Barr...and Pence FIRST and then going after Trump.

by Anonymousreply 245January 18, 2020 5:39 PM

Trump gets aquitted and re-elected and Republlcans at least retain control of the Senate, there's no stopping Trump, Barr, and all his corrupt staff, cabinet, advisors, sychophantic politicians, etc., from totally dismantling democracy and further enriching themselves and their corporate patrons. There is a REAL cult behind Trump that's at least a third of the electorate. Murdoch and his Fox News will keep them dazzled and loyal to DJT with ongoing propaganda.

DJT is mentally unstable and obsessed with becoming an unchallenged authoritarian while being praised unconditionally by the he masses. He seeks a family dynasty.

Putin will continue to meddle in behalf of Trump for the 2020 election and perhaps beyond. McConnell and company are enabling it

by Anonymousreply 246January 18, 2020 6:04 PM

You know, I want Dump removed, but for fuck’s sake, even if Republicans don’t want him removed, at least put censure on the table. At least there would be some confirmation and concession that what he did was wrong. But they go sailing along pretending that this is ordinary presidential business when we know it’s not.

by Anonymousreply 247January 18, 2020 6:16 PM

[quote] He doesn't like to be around people who are smarter than him.

Good gosh, that just leaves Meadows, Gaetz, Nunes, Gohmert, Gym Jordan, Ben Carson, Betsy DeVos and a dozen or so others.

by Anonymousreply 248January 18, 2020 6:19 PM

R245, that would not have been possible. McConnell would not allow it.

by Anonymousreply 249January 18, 2020 6:24 PM

I agree r249, and in my opinion, it was always top priority to go after Dump.

by Anonymousreply 250January 18, 2020 6:26 PM

Repugs caught using same "local woman" in same anti-Democrat ad in 8 states. They don’t even change the script, just the name of the incumbent "Stacy" is attacking. Plus she’s a terrible actress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251January 18, 2020 6:30 PM

Nancy could impeach Barr and run a parallel investigation in the house or impeach Barr and request him to appoint a special prosecutor.

by Anonymousreply 252January 18, 2020 6:33 PM

R251, that's hysterical. "Stacy" looks like she wants to talk to a manager....

by Anonymousreply 253January 18, 2020 7:06 PM

Thanks r251. My Congresswoman is one of those targeted by "Stacy" and I sent her the link.

by Anonymousreply 254January 18, 2020 7:25 PM

Dweeby Incel Rod Rosenstein Jerked Off to Steamy FBI Lovers' Lisa and Peter's Hot and Heavy Sext Messages!

by Anonymousreply 255January 18, 2020 7:35 PM

Again we learn new details as to why Trump kept weasel Rosenstein around and never fired him.

by Anonymousreply 256January 18, 2020 7:42 PM

From r251:

Hey, Stacy, just so you know, the Democratic House can walk and chew gum at the same time. If you want action on the opioid crisis and secure borders, or pretty much anything else, then tell Moscow Mitch McTurdle to get off his *wrinkly* butt and sort through those 400+/- House-passed bills still gathering dust in his inbox.

For any PC police: *wrinkly* — He’s approaching 78 and I’m 76+, so admittedly I’m just projecting here. Thankfully I don’t have any personal knowledge of his butt’s actual condition.

by Anonymousreply 257January 18, 2020 8:00 PM

NBC:

Trump lawyer dismisses photos of the president with Lev Parnas, other evidence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258January 18, 2020 8:08 PM

Remember that the Republicans can simply not appear as the vote decision goes to [bold] a majority of those present. [/bold] They wouldn’t vote against Trump, but slightly throws things in that direction. Not as good as such a vote, but still good.

by Anonymousreply 259January 18, 2020 8:22 PM

My brother, a lifelong republican who voted for Hillary, now says he will never vote for a Republican again. Well, that may change once and if things return to normal, but it was good to hear.

by Anonymousreply 260January 18, 2020 8:24 PM

I would love it if only three people showed up, two Dems and one Repug, and he was convicted only two Democratic votes.

by Anonymousreply 261January 18, 2020 8:24 PM

^ LOL, he would totally stroke out

by Anonymousreply 262January 18, 2020 8:28 PM

would love if those two Dems were Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders. And the Republican was Miss Lindz, falling on the fainting couch after the vote.

by Anonymousreply 263January 18, 2020 8:31 PM

We will have years of investigations. Starting this year sometime.

by Anonymousreply 264January 18, 2020 8:36 PM

R264 is right. One way or another, Dump is going down. The investigations into his business won’t go away. He opened the Pandora’s box when he won the presidency. He’ll end up disgraced (he already is, in fact), talking to himself in Mar a Lago all alone.

by Anonymousreply 265January 18, 2020 8:42 PM

It's been my sincere hope that during the State of the Union address is when Trump finally snaps. It's inevitable that it will happen one day and I can't think of a better time than live tv.

by Anonymousreply 266January 18, 2020 8:52 PM

I expect Trump will try to flee. He probably thinks he’ll be welcome in Russia or Saudi Arabia, and I think neither will have him. But fleeing will be great to show his base, what kind of man he is. A coward, etc.

by Anonymousreply 267January 18, 2020 8:53 PM

what gets me (among countless other things!) is that the lump supporters won't even ADMIT what he did was wrong wrong! for as much as we love hillary, or bill or obama all of us WOULD ADMIT that if they did 1/100th of the things trump has done that it would be wrong wrong and we would also want them removed from office! at least we are honest!. THEY won't even admit that! shameful!..

by Anonymousreply 268January 18, 2020 9:00 PM

Trump tweet, today: "They are bringing him out of so important Iowa in order that, as a Senator, he sit through the Impeachment Hoax Trial."

He's so stressed, he can't put a logical sentence together. He's never been articulate, but now it's getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 269January 18, 2020 9:14 PM

Who’s he even talking about, r269? Bernie?

Has the State of the Union been set? I do think he may have a meltdown during it. I think he’s on the precipice of madness, right now. Anything will send him over the edge. I bet a record number of people will watch it this year, especially thinking he might go bonkers. And if that happens, I do think Senate Republicans will be hard pressed to not remove him. I really do (but maybe I’m a Pollyanna).

by Anonymousreply 270January 18, 2020 9:24 PM

NYT:

Impeachment Trial Puts Susan Collins, Stung by Kavanaugh Backlash, Under Scrutiny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271January 18, 2020 9:27 PM

His comments during the LSU team visit were more unhinged than ever. He's staring into a black hole of madness. Do you really think he wants to go down in history as an impeached President supported by the deplorable, hateful horde of deluded people he's created? He wants to be loved and adored and it's why he roams Mar a Lago and spills the beans about how tough he is.

For anyone else I would feel sorry.

by Anonymousreply 272January 18, 2020 9:28 PM

r270 Yes, Bernie. He's trying to sow seeds of discontent among the Bernie Bros, pretending he cares that Sanders isn't getting treated well.

by Anonymousreply 273January 18, 2020 9:37 PM

Just a question for those here from someone (me) less informed. Why all the hatred for Susan Collins? I mean, she seems to get a helluva lot more than all the other nasty repubs discussed here, at least a tad more intense. To me she seems like one of he more reasonable ones, so I truly would like to be enlightened.

Thanks guys.

by Anonymousreply 274January 18, 2020 9:49 PM

No one likes anyone who panders and plays off serious crimes as 'concerning' to do so, R274. Both sides hate a fence sitting hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 275January 18, 2020 9:53 PM

She plays reasonable and always falls in line ..she is a fake and phony and rumored to be a drunk

by Anonymousreply 276January 18, 2020 9:54 PM

Business Insider:

The first Space Force uniforms have reached the Pentagon, and people are making fun of the camouflage print

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277January 18, 2020 9:59 PM

Washington Post:

Trump privately told donors new details about Soleimani airstrike at Mar-a-Lago fundraiser

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278January 18, 2020 10:05 PM

Regarding the Space Force uniforms, “Endor” was trending on twitter. People were saying forest camo was appropriate for the forest moon of Endor (in the Star Wars original trilogy), but that’s it, because there are no trees in space.

So who thought green camo would work in space? Trump? Maybe they were humoring him by using an existing green camo uniform and throwing a “Space Force” patch on it, because the military knows none of this stuff is going to exist five minutes after Trump is out of there.

by Anonymousreply 279January 18, 2020 10:36 PM

Very early on, Susan Colin was filmed telling another Senator something bad about Trump . Either that he was crazy, or dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 280January 18, 2020 10:48 PM

NYT:

Trump Legal Team Denies Impeachment Charges in First Official Response

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281January 18, 2020 10:49 PM

The camouflage space force unis are hilarious. Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 282January 18, 2020 11:14 PM

New Book: Bannon Called Pelosi ‘An Assassin’ After She Challenged Trump | The Last Word | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283January 18, 2020 11:15 PM

Nancy Patricia D'Alesandro Pelosi is a MATADORA!!!!!

Trump will be dead for half an hour before he falls over.

by Anonymousreply 284January 18, 2020 11:20 PM

This woman tells it like it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285January 18, 2020 11:21 PM

Rep. Jim Himes: Trump Trial Without Evidence ‘Irresponsible’ | The Last Word | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286January 18, 2020 11:23 PM

"They are bringing him out of so important Iowa in order that, as a Senator, he sit through the Impeachment Hoax Trial."

To be fares, I right these

by Anonymousreply 287January 18, 2020 11:25 PM

FCI, what's up? Witnesses or no?

by Anonymousreply 288January 18, 2020 11:33 PM

Alternative Law:’ Constitutional Scholar On The Dershowitz Defense Of Trump | All In | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289January 18, 2020 11:37 PM

Is it so that every time DJT is raging in the WH, Mulvaney, Jared, or Kellyanne call Miss Lindz to come over and calm him down? It's more frequent nowadays if such happens..

by Anonymousreply 290January 18, 2020 11:40 PM

Trump isn't going to flee - he's an old man who doesn't like foreign foods. After he's kicked out of office, he will hole up at the Florida estate, and eventually, he will be caught wandering around with no pants on. Then the kids will fight over who takes control of the estate.

by Anonymousreply 291January 18, 2020 11:42 PM

r291, after his term he will be going to Trump Guantanamo Bay Resort and Country Club. He will not be wandering around.

by Anonymousreply 292January 18, 2020 11:51 PM

SHPASHE FORSHE

by Anonymousreply 293January 19, 2020 12:30 AM

Does anyone know any countries that don't have extradition treaties with America?

And also have tons of fast food joints and underage call girls?

I'm asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 294January 19, 2020 12:32 AM

Ecquador

by Anonymousreply 295January 19, 2020 12:40 AM

Ran across this from the 9th. It gets very spirited!

Navarro files her nails during border wall debate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296January 19, 2020 1:05 AM

^ January 9, 2019

by Anonymousreply 297January 19, 2020 1:12 AM

Maybe Russia and China?

by Anonymousreply 298January 19, 2020 1:19 AM

Mara lardass is going to be confiscated to pay his taxes. It will be auctioned off.

The useless slob will hole up in New York with his precious twat treason Barbie and the mandriod (unless they fly to Saudi Arabia to escape HIS impending doom).

He will end his days either in prison (where he should have been since the 90's) or confined to house arrest in an apartment.

Bloated Billy Barr will go the way of John Mitchell (if he doesn't drop dead first and get out of it).

The jig is up. Pelosi is indeed the matadora who stuck a shiv in this bloated bull. He's already dead but he doesn't know it yet and the rethugs are dabbling in necromancy to keep this sham going. It won't work.

by Anonymousreply 299January 19, 2020 2:03 AM

I feel certain he will somehow weasel out of the impeachment trial or be found innocent.

Just pray (or whatever) the Russians don't already have the fix in at the ballot boxes.

by Anonymousreply 300January 19, 2020 2:33 AM

R300, he will be found not guilty and of course the Russians have already fixed the votes. Why would they stop now? Aren't these forgone conclusions already?

by Anonymousreply 301January 19, 2020 2:50 AM

A face for everyone to despise. Rot in hell, trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302January 19, 2020 2:52 AM

What are the chances the Russians have hacked the Senate voting machine?

by Anonymousreply 303January 19, 2020 3:04 AM

Did Trump serve the LSU team fast food last week? If so, it’s the second time he’s done that to athletes. Some of them, at least, wouldn’t consider eating that crap.

by Anonymousreply 304January 19, 2020 3:08 AM

R303, that would be hilarious if it was China instead. All the Repugs falling over themselves swearing they voted in favor of Trump but something must have happened.

by Anonymousreply 305January 19, 2020 3:09 AM

r283 I will never, in all my life, ever, be able to get over the fact Steve Bannon has played any part in American politics. A literal drunken hobo Nazi who was listed as 'no fixed address' when he started working at the White House has helped shaped American politics for over a decade. Thanks, Republicans. Nothing but the best from the Grand Ole Party.

by Anonymousreply 306January 19, 2020 3:11 AM

R280 - “Very early on, Susan Colin was filmed telling another Senator something bad about Trump . Either that he was crazy, or dangerous.“

Dear R280 - Love the dirt, thank you. I will add that there is NO “or”. Shit stick is crazy AND dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 307January 19, 2020 3:22 AM

Yeah. That human scab, bannon, is disgusting.

He couldn't get a job anywhere else but somehow that homeless bum managed to get a job at the WH and fuck us all.

May he end as Roger Stone - alone, forgotten and the butt of endless jokes as he snivels and begs for revelance.

by Anonymousreply 308January 19, 2020 4:25 AM

Maybe DJT has been hanging out with Rudy and Miz Lindz a bit too much?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309January 19, 2020 11:22 AM

[quote]Trump gets aquitted and re-elected and Republlcans at least retain control of the Senate

[quote]DJT is mentally unstable and obsessed with becoming an unchallenged authoritarian

But as the drift of this thread intuits, the not-so-wild card here is his health. Plainly he's mentally unstable, and now under more pressure than ever, before a global audience. Thus, acute mental stress, even for a lifelong sociopath.

Then there's physical stress. The sanest Presidents age visibly in office, and Trump doesn't merit that adjective. He looks terrible, and physically old and bloated. At least four more years in this condition?

All the best efforts of Putin and the Deplorables can't improve his ebbing physiology. What's more, Trump knows this - and will of course try idiotically to over-compensate. Health has to remain a non-wild card.

by Anonymousreply 310January 19, 2020 12:42 PM

NYT:

Trump’s Defense Team Calls Impeachment Charges ‘Brazen’ as Democrats Make Legal Case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311January 19, 2020 12:58 PM

Washington Post:

Trump privately told donors new details about Soleimani airstrike at Mar-a-Lago fundraiser

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312January 19, 2020 1:10 PM

Daily Mail:

Financial records reveal Palm Beach County has spent $13.7MILLION on Trump's 27 trips to Mar-a-Lago since 2016 - and the federal government has only paid back $10million

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313January 19, 2020 1:12 PM

AP: Murkowski wants to hear case before deciding on witnesses

The Republican said Saturday she wants to make sure there's a process that allows senators to “really hear the case” and ask questions “before we make that determination as to, what more do we need. I don't know what more we need until I've been given the base case.”

Murkowski spoke to reporters from Anchorage ahead of Senate impeachment trial proceedings expected to begin Tuesday.

If Democrats try to add certain witnesses to an organizing resolution, Murkowski said she expects Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell would move to table such a request and that she would support a tabling motion.

“Because what I’ve worked hard to do is make sure that we have a process that will allow for that determination” — whether witnesses or documents are needed, she said. “But I want to have that at a point where I know whether or not I'm going to need it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314January 19, 2020 1:16 PM

AFP: Trump trial could be over in two weeks

US President Donald Trump could be acquitted by early February 2020 Bill Clinton's 1999 impeachment trial lasted five weeks; Andrew Johnson's went on for three months in 1868.

If the White House and Republicans have their way, President Donald Trump's trial will be over in two weeks, just in time for him to celebrate his expected acquittal in the February 4 State of the Union Address.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315January 19, 2020 1:19 PM

Washington Post:

‘Once this is over, we’ll be kings’: How Lev Parnas worked his way into Trump’s world — and now is rattling it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316January 19, 2020 1:24 PM

CNN: Donald Trump's looming legal problems continue past impeachment trial

he impeachment of President Donald Trump is center stage, but when the last vote in the Senate trial is cast, it won't mark an end to the investigations looming over the President and his company, the Trump Organization.

Investigators in New York and the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives have several inquiries that will continue well into the presidential campaign. Their focus touches an area that Trump has long tried to shield from scrutiny: his finances.

The investigations have been underway for nearly a year. Trump has filed lawsuits to block subpoenas to his long-time accounting firm Mazars USA and banks Deutsche Bank and Capitol One. Now both matters are before the US Supreme Court, meaning the pace of those investigations is largely tied to the court's schedule.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317January 19, 2020 1:29 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) — No cellphones. No talking. No escape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318January 19, 2020 1:31 PM

NYT:

Issues Abound at 4th Women’s March, ‘But It All Ties Into Trump’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319January 19, 2020 1:34 PM

Murkowski, Susan Collins, and a couple of others play these silly games to render the impression that they are taking a thoughtful middle ground. This is annoying, either you are for having RELEVANT witnesses and documents or you're not. In the end, they will vote in line with McConnnell.

by Anonymousreply 320January 19, 2020 1:35 PM

R320... basic and old as time "double speak" blah, blah, blah is all that collins and the rest speak..

they sound like the high school student who didn't do his homework or his report and is now bullshitting his way thru it or trying to...

by Anonymousreply 321January 19, 2020 1:43 PM

I am mystified at the ignorance of so many of our elected officials. The House acts as a Grand Jury. They review evidence, hold hearings and accept testimony from witnesses. They ask questions at the hearings. After a review of the evidence presented during their "discovery" process, and the witnesses testimony, they decide whether to bring charges. Those charges are called "Articles of Impeachment. Once these are presented, reviewed and voted on in committee, they go before the whole House for a vote. Once the charges/Articles are confirmed by vote, they are delivered to the Senate for trial. The Chief Justice presides. Senator Murkowski, as a member or the jury, must sit and listen, just like a juror, and she doesn't get to "ask questions." unless it's in closed session in her caucus. The trial is not a hearing. It is a trial. The Prosecutors (Adam Schiff and the House managers) conduct the trial. The President's defense attorneys, respond, the Judge rules on various matters as they come up.

by Anonymousreply 322January 19, 2020 1:49 PM

If Romney came forth at a press briefing a spoke firmly that he needs to hear pertinent witnesses and review the related, unsubmitted documents withheld from the House. Several Republicans would probably latch-on to this stance.

But Romney is wrapped in political calculation, fears crossing Trump and McConnnell, and shows no backbone time after time.

by Anonymousreply 323January 19, 2020 1:49 PM

WSJ: How Trump Has Kept Solid GOP Support Through Impeachment

WASHINGTON—When revelations about President Trump’s efforts to pressure Ukraine first started dribbling into the public in late September and early October, Republicans were caught off guard.

Some members of the GOP criticized Mr. Trump’s request for Ukraine to open investigations that benefited him politically, while others sought to avoid the topic altogether. As many as 20 House Republicans initially were open to supporting Mr. Trump’s impeachment, according to Rep. Pete King (R., N.Y.), a retiring member from a competitive district who quickly made up his mind that Mr. Trump’s conduct wasn’t impeachable.

Now, as the GOP-led Senate begins the impeachment trial for Mr. Trump, the Republican Party is in lockstep behind the president of their party. Every House Republican voted against the two articles of impeachment the Senate will consider, with the party even luring a New Jersey Democrat, Rep. Jeff Van Drew, to join their ranks. While a handful of GOP senators have defied the White House’s wishes on whether to allow witnesses in the trial, no Senate Republican has publicly signaled a willingness to remove the president from office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324January 19, 2020 2:03 PM

Washington Post: Richmond braces for giant gun rights rally on Monday

“I’ll be rolling into town early. I can’t give you my exact time for security reasons,” said Christian Yingling, head of the Pennsylvania Light Foot Militia and a leader at the “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville in 2017.

“I organized a convoy, places we can meet up and drive up together. I’ll be leading it,” said Tammy Lee, a militia activist in Oklahoma.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325January 19, 2020 2:08 PM

Alan Dershowitz told George Stephanopoulos this morning that a president cannot be impeached for abusing his power -- and that even if all the allegations against Trump are true, none of them are impeachable offenses. Justin Amash rebuts:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326January 19, 2020 2:16 PM

Dershowitz is all over talk shows arguing he's on the Trump defense team to argue this Impeachment is unconstitutional.

This showcased attorney has been a part of the Jeffery Epstein saga, and one victim had came forth months ago with accusations. It is still in the courts.

Epstein's death conveniently terminated much future evidence in current and future cases.

Pam Bondi, former Florida AG, also on Trump's defense team and a frequent Fox guest commentator, has a reputation as a outcome 'fixer' when the earlier Epstein case was being prosecuted in Florida.

Ken Starr? The cover-up of sexual assault filings and complaints against football players happened while Starr was President of Baylor University. Starr was fired.

by Anonymousreply 327January 19, 2020 2:21 PM

Dershowitz talks like Guiliani. I pay no attention to either one.

by Anonymousreply 328January 19, 2020 2:23 PM

How is it unconstitutional??? It’s literally called for in the Constitution! Seriously, what is this ding-dong’s rationale that impeachment is unconstitutional?

by Anonymousreply 329January 19, 2020 2:26 PM

I despise and loathe Chuck Toad. He is in so far over his pinhead.

On our local DC NBC news broadcast this morning, he was on with the anchors talking about impeachment. He claims — inaccurately — that in a criminal trial Lev Parnas, who didn’t testify in the House, would not be available as a witness because, . . . well, who knows. There is ABSOLUTELY no rule of criminal procedure that requires every trial witness testify In the grand jury.

During MTP he failed to challenge Sonny Perdue’s nonsensical assertion that there had been a trial in the House.

by Anonymousreply 330January 19, 2020 3:12 PM

Fox News Sunday has a star!

Did Fox probe her about her activities related to the "this for that" pressure on Ukraine that was noted by Parnas?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331January 19, 2020 3:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332January 19, 2020 3:41 PM

ABC:

As Dems push for witnesses in Senate trial, Alan Dershowitz slams impeachment case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333January 19, 2020 3:59 PM

Enough with these lame impeachment threads!!! There are too many. More BRF ones please.

by Anonymousreply 334January 19, 2020 4:03 PM

DEms should get Lawrence Tribe to help - he has already successfully rebutted Dershowitz on his impeachment argument.

I waiting for trumps legal team to roll up in a clown car driven by Rudy.

by Anonymousreply 335January 19, 2020 4:14 PM

Warehouse full of untouched, abandoned hurricane-relief supplies discovered in Puerto Rico

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336January 19, 2020 4:36 PM

SE Cupp

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337January 19, 2020 4:46 PM

[R309] The thing about Miss Collins from Maine is this.

She may be a nice person in real life and she may be genuinely concerned.

But just look at what happened when she tried to help out a bullied teenager let alone the President of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 338January 19, 2020 5:00 PM

[quote]waiting for trumps legal team to roll up in a clown car driven by Rudy.

Preferably after he's had a few Bloody Marys.

by Anonymousreply 339January 19, 2020 5:18 PM

I'm glad Lara Trump is getting called out for her tacky comments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340January 19, 2020 5:28 PM

[quote]Enough with these lame impeachment threads!!! There are too many. More BRF ones please.

Fuck NO!

by Anonymousreply 341January 19, 2020 5:40 PM

In the Clinton impeachment, Senators were allowed to submit written questions.

by Anonymousreply 342January 19, 2020 5:47 PM

BRF? Best Roomies Forever?

Are you a sorority sister?

by Anonymousreply 343January 19, 2020 5:52 PM

Just one little stroke and/or heart attack. That's all I'm asking for ...

by Anonymousreply 344January 19, 2020 5:52 PM

SHS new book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345January 19, 2020 6:07 PM

WTF is graham talking about! the HOUSE tried to get all those people to testify, ALL subpoenas were IGNORED!... and what the hell is this, well, they should have done it in the "house" lame deflection excuse? THAT'S right up there with, no we don't want or need MORE evidence because it's too late, or it should have been provided in the house, and so on!

ON WHAT PLANET would any trial of any kind would MORE evidence be a bad thing and not wanted????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 346January 19, 2020 6:09 PM

TYT from last week....

Lou Dobbs: Trump Is The Smartest President In A LONG LONG Time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347January 19, 2020 6:15 PM

DOBBS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS HAIR DYE HAS GONE TO HIS BRAIN! WHO THE HELL DOES HE THINK HE'S FOOLING???

soooooooo what does trump have on dobbs and vice versa?.. isn't that the usual 100% conclusion when someone kisses trump's ass THIS much?!..

by Anonymousreply 348January 19, 2020 6:29 PM

For three days or so, cable networks, ABC, etc. have been giving Dershowitz extensive appearances with his message that this impeachment is unconstitutional. CNN's Jeffrey Tubin has argued points with Dershowitz some, However, it puts in viewers' minds that this is a lofty legal expert, so what he's saying must be true or minimally, has an equivalent argument in the debate.

Most Constitutional scholars have previously expressed that Trump's conduct was impeachable, and a mass of them signed letters and statements indicating such.

The media wants drama, and elevating Dershowitz so extensively and frequently, benefits Trump and McConnnell.

by Anonymousreply 349January 19, 2020 6:30 PM

^Jeffrey Toobin (spelling)

by Anonymousreply 350January 19, 2020 6:33 PM

I know r346, I love this shit. Like Trump was desperately begging the house to hear from Bolton and Mulvaney and all the other crooks and con artists around him, and Nancy Pelosi was standing at the House door shouting NO!!!! You can't come in here!

by Anonymousreply 351January 19, 2020 6:40 PM

And I also love the whole "you can't trust Lev Parnas" thing, cause he's crooked. It's every mob boss's defense. You can't trust any of my subordinates. They're all gangsters! Well, of course they are. Who else would work for you?

by Anonymousreply 352January 19, 2020 6:48 PM

When Lou Dobbs worked for CNN, he initially focused on economic matters. His program was often informative without much controversy. Then, he dealt extensively on illegal immigration, taking an increasingly opposition stance. CNN was receiving growing criticism from pro-migration and Latino interest groups. Dobbs was terminated by CNN, fearing they would lose Latino viewers and sympathetic, corporate sponsors.

He was later hired by Fox Business Network. He was basically reasonable with the financial discussions and reporting. When Trump got elected, he jumped on the Trump bandwagon. He has increasingly delivered bizarre defenses and over-the-top aculades about Trump. Dobbs gets invited to all the Trump controlled glamour events around D C.

by Anonymousreply 353January 19, 2020 6:58 PM

accolades^, pardon

by Anonymousreply 354January 19, 2020 6:59 PM

David Pakman 1/16/20

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355January 19, 2020 7:00 PM

Why, it's awlays a Senatrice's pruh-rawg-a-tive to change her mind. It make her chahmingy unpredictable!

by Anonymousreply 356January 19, 2020 7:01 PM

Heard Dershowitz in a BBC interview repeatedly saying he was defending the Constitution, that was the most important matter for him - even as a lifelong Democrat who voted for Hillary.

Thus he's impeccably set out his allegiances to Both Sides, while taking the splendid opportunity to enhance his profile yet more in the circus to ensue. Alan Dershowbiz, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 357January 19, 2020 7:03 PM

R353... so basically DOBBS is a attention whore like the rest.. and available to any and all whoever is highest bidder.

by Anonymousreply 358January 19, 2020 7:16 PM

Just re-watched this from October.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359January 19, 2020 7:39 PM

MORE AND MORE well well past the time in fact, you realize how politicians (the vast majority being republicans in the following regard) are a) beyond stupid even if "book smart" b) corrupt and evil attention and power whores c) cowards d) those who couldn't make it in life and any other career long term and e) a combination of a, b, c, d, ...

when they SHOULD be the best society our country has to offer and they are actually among the worst! smart good people simply do not get into politics for the most part...

by Anonymousreply 360January 19, 2020 7:46 PM

From the WaPo -

[quote]In a BBC interview on Saturday, for instance, Dershowitz said he does not plan to vote for Trump in November and declared that if the Senate votes to acquit the president, it would create “ambivalence in me as it does whenever I represent somebody whose acquittal would produce results that make me unhappy as an individual.”

Dersh previously said he didn’t vote for Dump in 2016 either. What a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 361January 19, 2020 7:58 PM

A goodie from last April...

Anderson Cooper schools Lara Trump after tone-deaf Germany comment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362January 19, 2020 8:19 PM

I do not have any good sources or friends on the Senate side so I do not have any info on witnesses. R288

by Anonymousreply 363January 19, 2020 9:12 PM

Ring of Fire:

Trump Lashes Out At Staff After He Struggled To Read The US Constitution

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364January 19, 2020 9:22 PM

Did he also throw his mashed pees (typo and it stays) and scream for his mommy, R364?

by Anonymousreply 365January 19, 2020 9:26 PM

From December 8th....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366January 19, 2020 10:42 PM

Chuck Todd while interviewing GOP Senator David Purdue, did not confront Perdue on his repeated claims that the House Impeachment was an unfair process. Republicans lie when they say Trump did not have an opportunity to defend himself, that Democrats held secret basement hearings (Republicans are members of the committee and can ask questions and vote also), and Trump attorneys were barred. The House committees followed procedural rules that Republicans in the House voted to approve prior.

Trump blocked WH and former WH witnesses and refused to provide any documents. Then Republicans blame House Democrats for not interviewing more direct witnesses.

TV anchors failing to confront blatant lies by Republican politicians is beyond disappointing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367January 19, 2020 10:51 PM

Too many of the news anchors are just waiting for the interviewee to stop talking and thinking about their next question instead of listening to their answer enough to challenge them on their lies.

by Anonymousreply 368January 19, 2020 10:56 PM

David Pakman:

Devin Nunes SUDDENLY Remembers Incriminating Phone Call He Had Denied

by Anonymousreply 369January 19, 2020 11:15 PM

Oopsie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370January 19, 2020 11:16 PM

Schumer has called a press conference for 8 pm ET

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371January 19, 2020 11:35 PM

Are the networks going to carry it?

by Anonymousreply 372January 19, 2020 11:44 PM

Wonder what he'll say.

by Anonymousreply 373January 19, 2020 11:47 PM

I'm assuming it has to be pretty big to do it on a holiday weekend at 8 at night?

by Anonymousreply 374January 19, 2020 11:57 PM

A Saturday night press conference?

by Anonymousreply 375January 20, 2020 12:01 AM

MSNBC will show it. Still waiting...

by Anonymousreply 376January 20, 2020 12:03 AM

R375 - “ A Saturday night press conference?”

It’s Sunday, dear. Today is Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 377January 20, 2020 12:11 AM

Sorry, not having to work tomorrow is throwing me off.

by Anonymousreply 378January 20, 2020 12:12 AM

Any word on what he said?

by Anonymousreply 379January 20, 2020 12:12 AM

[quote] It’s Sunday, dear. Today is Sunday.

Ha! Knew as soon as I hit "post". Argh.

by Anonymousreply 380January 20, 2020 12:15 AM

And here I thought you were talking to me. I'm even more coo-coo.

I'm watching MSNBC waiting. Who dis woman?

by Anonymousreply 381January 20, 2020 12:17 AM

Well, that was a lot of nothing.

by Anonymousreply 382January 20, 2020 12:24 AM

What happened?

by Anonymousreply 383January 20, 2020 12:30 AM

This Week on ABC is so much better than MTP with the Toad. Even with fat fuck Christie.

by Anonymousreply 384January 20, 2020 1:15 AM

So no mention of what Schumer said?

by Anonymousreply 385January 20, 2020 1:21 AM

Top Trump WH Russia official is put on leave pending investigation. Only the best people...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386January 20, 2020 1:24 AM

R385, I didn’t hear anything new or interesting and have already forgotten most of it. I think he stated that there must be witnesses and documents.

by Anonymousreply 387January 20, 2020 1:31 AM

Trump is liken to black people during Jim Crow. So says Diamond & Silk.

Fox and their commentators make up absurd shit.

Desperation? Stupidity? Clever because Fox's audience believes anything their told?

One may think Fox loyalists would believe Jim Crow is a bottle of whiskey (Old Crow) or that Jim (falsely) is the lead singer of 'Crow', a Minneapolis based rock and blues band during the late 60s and early 70s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388January 20, 2020 1:32 AM

R386, any news why he’s been put on leave?

by Anonymousreply 389January 20, 2020 1:34 AM

Eric Trump tells Laura Ingraham his family got “out of business” after Donald Trump became president

Fox News chyron identified Eric Trump as “Executive Vice President, Trump Org” during segment

LAURA INGRAHAM (HOST): Eric, you've made all of the money, and then your family went into politics, not you, but these folks are doing it the other way around. They had no money, they went into politics, and then their family members cashed in.

ERIC TRUMP: It's kind of interesting how that works. They all get into business when their father becomes vice president, or their brother becomes vice president. We get out of business when our father becomes -- it's kind of interesting, but for the Bidens, this is a business.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390January 20, 2020 1:44 AM

I want the House to call witnesses that the Senate won’t allow, assuming they won’t.

I think the Dems could reimpeach Trump at any time. That won’t happen, but only because the election nears. It might be more useful for the House to subpoena Bolton, Parnes, and others. How about a Trump subpoena? Clinton testified, why not Trump?.

by Anonymousreply 391January 20, 2020 2:40 AM

We need to close the trap. Focus on ballot security and fighting voter suppression efforts right now. MAssive GOTV turnout in a few months, so we can control State governors, and Legislatures because the legislature in your state is responsible for redistricting and the Republicans will gerrymander. We have to Flip the U.S. Senate, hold the House and vote Trump out. That's our To Do list. Do not sit on your ass.

by Anonymousreply 392January 20, 2020 2:44 AM

Tell that to the Democratic candidates that are creating divisions of NeverPete/NeverWarren, etc R392. We all need to vote blue, no matter who, but some candidates are putting their egos above all else.

by Anonymousreply 393January 20, 2020 2:56 AM

Pete has no real chance of being the nominee so...

by Anonymousreply 394January 20, 2020 2:58 AM

Ring of Fire:

Trump Abused And Harassed Kirstjen Nielsen After She Told Him “No”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395January 20, 2020 3:08 AM

NYT just endorsed TWO candidates...Elizabeth Warren and Amy Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 396January 20, 2020 3:09 AM

Are you fucking kidding me? The TImes continues to show out of touch they are (Hillary will win in a landslide!).

by Anonymousreply 397January 20, 2020 4:18 AM

But she DID win R397 - the popular vote by a good margin and the election if every cheating scheme available was not thrown at her. Cheaters...

by Anonymousreply 398January 20, 2020 5:05 AM

so how will Trump disgrace himself on MLK Day? I'm sure he'll find a way

by Anonymousreply 399January 20, 2020 5:14 AM

"I've been hearing a lot of things about this guy, Martin Luther King. I'd like to invite him to the White House. Ben Carson probably knows him...Hey, get Ben on the phone for me..."

by Anonymousreply 400January 20, 2020 5:48 AM

r399, He will rescind the acceptance of the Surrender at Appomattox, declare himself to be the President of both countries and reinstitute slavery.

Wacky guy.

by Anonymousreply 401January 20, 2020 6:14 AM

"I knew King's Aunt Jemima. Very nice lady who knew her way around a box of pancake mix. Not the classiest dresser, though."

by Anonymousreply 402January 20, 2020 6:25 AM

Bernie received his latest primary endorsement from....Hugh Hewitt.

That appears to be the next step in the GOP ratfucking strategy, aggressively pushing for Bernie. It would almost funny if American democracy wasn't on fucking life support.

by Anonymousreply 403January 20, 2020 6:54 AM

Bernie received his latest primary endorsement from....Hugh Hewitt.

That appears to be the next step in the GOP ratfucking strategy, aggressively pushing for Bernie. It would almost funny if American democracy wasn't on fucking life support.

by Anonymousreply 404January 20, 2020 6:54 AM

trump will probably try to call up martin luther king jr, have him come to the white house and then state "you see everyone, here is my 1 black friend! i love all black people!"...

R388.. i know you aren't suppose to "judge a book by it's cover" but seriously WHAT REMOTELY RATIONAL OR INTELLIGENT HUMAN BEING looking at diamond and silk would even THINK to listen to anything they say? they look like freaks, cartoon characters come to life and share the same 1 brain. not to mention yes, anyone should take their information from 2 women named diamond and silk! LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 405January 20, 2020 1:09 PM

USA Today:

Donald Trump on being president: 'What do I get out of it? I get impeached!'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406January 20, 2020 1:25 PM

Reuters: Senate's McConnell keeps cool in heated Trump impeachment trial

Just hours before the 100 senators were to be sworn in as jurors in that trial, McConnell said the Senate would tame the House's unruly Democrats and "put aside animal reflexes and animosity" in order to "cooly consider" the charges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407January 20, 2020 1:28 PM

White House Russia specialist (Fiona Hill's successor) placed on administrative leave, escorted off WH grounds amid rumors that he had his phone stolen by Russian hookers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408January 20, 2020 1:28 PM

Such a cute couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409January 20, 2020 1:29 PM

Washington Post:

Here are the lawyers defending Trump in the Senate trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410January 20, 2020 1:51 PM

NYT:

Democrats Seek More Testimony and Evidence for Impeachment Trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411January 20, 2020 2:46 PM

[quote]Donald Trump on being president: 'What do I get out of it? I get impeached!'

Donny, Donny, Donny! We know you live by that untouchable shooting- on-Fifth Avenue magical thought - but you made that call to The Ukraine, and it was bad bad bad! And now you're on the naughty step!

by Anonymousreply 412January 20, 2020 3:14 PM

NYT:

Trump Legal Team to Ask Senate for Speedy Acquittal in Impeachment Trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413January 20, 2020 3:53 PM

“ White House Russia specialist (Fiona Hill's successor) placed on administrative leave, escorted off WH grounds amid rumors that he had his phone stolen by Russian hookers.”

Only the best people. Which although closely related, “best” doesn’t necessarily mean smart, as proven by this trump/ hooker licking dweeb.

by Anonymousreply 414January 20, 2020 4:05 PM

Russian Hookers? LOL. Are those the same ones who peed on Trump?

by Anonymousreply 415January 20, 2020 4:24 PM

Trump has a goon squad that would make Nixon's "plumbers" seem quaint. He had a few thugs in charge of his own "security " before he was ever President. Now he also has access to former KGB and FSB goons from Putin's stable. If you don't think a lot of those guys have been living here for the past couple of years, secretly spirited in through Pomeo's efforts, etc, to form a shadow force, you're naive.

by Anonymousreply 416January 20, 2020 4:56 PM

I have to wonder what Erik Prince has been up to. I hope our side has been able to assess who in our rmed forces is loyal to our country, not to Trump. It will matter in November.

by Anonymousreply 417January 20, 2020 4:57 PM

There are tapes, too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418January 20, 2020 5:02 PM

^not with The Root's unchallenged attacks and talking heads like Joy Reid spouting the negativity. Then there's the tactics of the Bernie campaign led by Weaver and the Bernie Bros cult. Of course Putin doesn't want Pete.

So, declaring Pete has no chance justifies nasty attacks on Pete, R394?

by Anonymousreply 419January 20, 2020 5:38 PM

Lindsey Graham was one of four that were designated to escort Chief Justice Roberts into the Senate Chamber.

Frankly, Graham should have been a sworn witnesses before the House investigation as well as Devin Nunes. Parnas implemented both in the scheme to pressure Ukraine Get to the truth.

These political characters need to be removed from their committee assignments and abstain from voting until there is clarity as to their roles with Trump, Giuliani, Mulvaney, Parnas, etc.

Congress will not sanction their own unless it is a Democrat that has gotten inappropriately, sexually frisky.

by Anonymousreply 420January 20, 2020 8:19 PM

R420

"Parnas implemented both in the scheme"

Oh, Dear!

by Anonymousreply 421January 20, 2020 8:28 PM

Washington Post:

Lev Parnas’s feverish text messages show his wide reach among Ukraine’s oligarchs and political elite

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422January 20, 2020 8:46 PM

Oh for chrissakes....

Daily Beast: Kellyanne Conway Claims MLK Would Be Against Trump Impeachment

During a press gathering at the White House, NBC News correspondent Geoff Bennett asked the senior Trump aide how the president was observing Martin Luther King Day, prompting Conway to first note that Trump was preparing for his trip to Davos before saying the president “agrees with many of the things that Dr. Martin Luther King stood for.”

From there, it only got more bizarre.

Adding that the president and Dr. King would see eye-to-eye on “unity and equality,” Conway complained that it’s not the president who is “trying to tear the country apart through an impeachment process and a lack of substance that really is very shameful at this point.”

“I’ve held my opinion on it for a very long time, but when you see the articles of impeachment that came out, I don’t think it was Dr. King’s vision to have Americans dragged through a process where the president is not going to be removed from office, is not being charged bribery, extortion, high crimes and misdemeanors,” she continued.

After declaring that anyone who cares for the phrase “and justice for all” should appreciate that the president has a “full-throttle defense” when it comes to impeachment, Conway concluded by linking herself with MLK.

“I, this morning, was reading some of the lesser-known passages by Dr. King and I appreciate the fact that we as a nation respect him by giving him his own day,” she proclaimed.

“I’m happy to share a birthday with this day,” Conway concluded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423January 20, 2020 8:51 PM

Politico: How Trump fused his business empire to the presidency

He has spent one out of every three days as president visiting one of his luxury resorts, hotels or golf courses. He has leveraged his powerful international platform to promote his developments dozens of times. And he has directed millions of dollars from U.S. taxpayers to his businesses around the globe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424January 20, 2020 9:02 PM

Lev Parnas wants Barr to recuse himself -

Lev Parnas, the indicted associate of President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, has sent a letter to Attorney General William Barr requesting that he recuse himself from the investigation and appoint a special prosecutor, according to a new court filing.

"Given the totality of the circumstances, we believe it is appropriate for you to recuse yourself from the ongoing investigation and pending prosecution of Mr. Parnas," reads the three-paged letter, which was signed by his defense lawyer Joseph Bondy.

The letter was faxed to Barr days after Parnas spoke out publicly for the first time about his role assisting Giuliani in pushing Ukrainian officials to launch an investigation of Joe Biden.

In an interview with MSNBC's Rachel Maddow that aired last Wednesday, Parnas alleged that Barr was aware of the effort, now at the center of Trump's impeachment.

"Mr. Barr had to have known everything," Parnas said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425January 20, 2020 9:19 PM

Lev Parnas wants Barr to recuse himself -

Lev Parnas, the indicted associate of President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, has sent a letter to Attorney General William Barr requesting that he recuse himself from the investigation and appoint a special prosecutor, according to a new court filing.

"Given the totality of the circumstances, we believe it is appropriate for you to recuse yourself from the ongoing investigation and pending prosecution of Mr. Parnas," reads the three-paged letter, which was signed by his defense lawyer Joseph Bondy.

The letter was faxed to Barr days after Parnas spoke out publicly for the first time about his role assisting Giuliani in pushing Ukrainian officials to launch an investigation of Joe Biden.

In an interview with MSNBC's Rachel Maddow that aired last Wednesday, Parnas alleged that Barr was aware of the effort, now at the center of Trump's impeachment.

"Mr. Barr had to have known everything," Parnas said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426January 20, 2020 9:19 PM

It's hilarious when white Deplorables like KAC attempt to appropriate MLK, Jr.--he was a nice, gentle, good, Bible-believing Negro who was actually a Republican who wanted other Negroes to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

by Anonymousreply 427January 20, 2020 9:32 PM

And an update: Barr received the letter, wiped his big, greasy, fat ass with it and sent it back, all while laughing hysterically.

by Anonymousreply 428January 20, 2020 9:33 PM

And now, the comedy stylings of Marxist snark specialist Michael Brooks as...anti-SJW Martin Luther King Jr.!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429January 20, 2020 9:36 PM

R421, the intended word was implicated; but you knew that. It was an auto-spell error, but you probably knew that also.

Good you have something to do by correcting spelling errors on a social media website. Are you a 'shut-in'?

by Anonymousreply 430January 20, 2020 9:46 PM

You must be a newbie, R420. Don't take it personally, but see it for the helpful service and traditional cuntery of the DL.

by Anonymousreply 431January 20, 2020 10:11 PM

R430 just pay if forward...it's the christian thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 432January 20, 2020 10:16 PM

AP:

McConnell proposes swift impeachment trial for president

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433January 20, 2020 10:32 PM

Well in a sense they have a point. There is no reason for a long trial. Trump clearly did everything the Democrats accused him of. The "defense" amounts to: He did it, fuck you! Which I guess is a kind of guilty plea.

So hey, on to the sentencing.

by Anonymousreply 434January 20, 2020 10:59 PM

Brian Tyler Cohen lets Kellyanne have it.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435January 20, 2020 11:03 PM

There are plans by Pres Bone Spurs to have a series of policy victories handed to him by foreign powers (via Putin I'm sure) after summer to give him something to crow about. We are hearing things like China planning to hand a huge trade deal (which will never go anywhere) in late summer/early fall as one example. Russia and China would like nothing more than their useful idiot staying president to manipulate/coerce him.

There are so many rumors going around I don't always want to share them as to not give them any ideas in case the information isn't correct.

by Anonymousreply 436January 20, 2020 11:05 PM

I do wish we could deal with this the old fashioned way.

by Anonymousreply 437January 20, 2020 11:12 PM

David Pakman's take.....

Trump Russia Adviser ESCORTED OUT as Security Risk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438January 20, 2020 11:20 PM

Well that sucks FCI, but thanks for the info.

by Anonymousreply 439January 20, 2020 11:31 PM

I just have to put this here......

WHO IS LAURA INGRAHAM?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440January 20, 2020 11:31 PM

Who is Kevin McCarthy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441January 20, 2020 11:38 PM

r436, FCI you mean campaign counter-programming?

It is to be expected. I look forward to him particularly fucking over the new UK.

by Anonymousreply 442January 20, 2020 11:39 PM

I'd go further and say he/they will plan a false-flag attack to justify going to war on Iran. Don't think they wouldn't do it, they've proven their ruthlessness over and over again. We've seen this play before with W - you can't vote out a president in the middle of a war!

by Anonymousreply 443January 20, 2020 11:58 PM

R436, Trump has already announced his new fake agreement with China. Another one would not be big news. People have adjusted to his no-content "foreign policy breakthroughs" (see: North Korea).

by Anonymousreply 444January 21, 2020 12:03 AM

I really thought he'd give us that deal for xmas along with that midterm middle class tax break.

by Anonymousreply 445January 21, 2020 12:06 AM

Brian Tyler Cohen:

Chris Wallace rips into Lindsey Graham over witnesses at Senate trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446January 21, 2020 12:16 AM

I dont know about the rest of you, but it sickens and disgusts me...and yes, saddens and terrifies me (MARY), that we are about to witness the total usurping of our democracy...and half the country thinks its OK because its a hoax. Its our own fault. We allowed this to happen. The first whiff of ties to Russia, and Trump should have been toast. The media...to this day...continue to normalize this instead of calling it out at every level. We, the people, continued to allow the corruption...even when it was blatant. We allowed election rigging and manipulation with hardly a word said about it (look at Georgia). We allow the lies...and allow the GOP to perpetrate them repeatedly...in other words...we continue to allow them to control the narrative...even if the narrative is a complete lie. Look at the Impeachment hearing and how the GOP just hammered away at the talking points and rarely...yes, rarely...were called out for it. Every time they went there, they should have been shut down. The moment Barr went on national tv and lied to the american people...and nobody called him out for at least a month...I pray that Trump doesnt win in 2020...if he does, were done.

by Anonymousreply 447January 21, 2020 12:31 AM

Agreed, R447. It's made me so fucking sick I can barely follow any of it any more.

by Anonymousreply 448January 21, 2020 12:42 AM

This Bloomberg storyline is getting interesting.

by Anonymousreply 449January 21, 2020 12:56 AM

Bloomberg wouldn’t be spending this money if he didn’t see a path in the data.

I don’t know know if it will work, but it will be interesting to see.

by Anonymousreply 450January 21, 2020 12:58 AM

R447! nailed it! CAN YOU IMAGINE IF ALL OF THIS WAS GOING ON IN OTHER COUNTRIES? THEIR WOULD LITERALLY BE MASSIVE PROTESTS EVERY SINGLE DAY AROUND THE ENTIRE COUNTRY AND WHATEVER THE CAPITAL OF SAID COUNTRIES!.. and yes, in other countries, their would indeed be a coup and officials dragged out of their offices...

good ole lazy apathetic america too busy with their own little lives to do anything about it and/or why nothing is ever going to change mentality.

by Anonymousreply 451January 21, 2020 1:02 AM

R451 are you protesting?

by Anonymousreply 452January 21, 2020 1:10 AM

Rejected: See Trump Snub Giuliani As Impeachment Trial Begins | The Beat With Ari Melber | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453January 21, 2020 1:11 AM

Miss Thang also gave a tribute to MLK Jr. It generated so many replies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454January 21, 2020 1:41 AM

Miss Thang also gave a tribute to MLK Jr. It generated so many replies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455January 21, 2020 1:41 AM

Andrew Peek doesn't look like the Russian-hooker-liking type.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456January 21, 2020 1:50 AM

You want to rile up the masses whereby they gather, march, shout, demand immediate change, and storm buildings and remove corrupt politicians?

Take away their mobile phones.

by Anonymousreply 457January 21, 2020 1:54 AM

Rachael read a good vignette from the book “A Very Stable Genius”. The book comes out tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 458January 21, 2020 1:54 AM

R439 Have no fear, the Dems know and I think Nancy is on the case.

by Anonymousreply 459January 21, 2020 2:02 AM

r456....nobody said they were female.

by Anonymousreply 460January 21, 2020 2:04 AM

Impeachment wildcards:

They could vote for a secret ballot to convict Trump .

Maybe some Republicans will not show up for the vote. They could claim they never voted to convict Trump , but not showing would help those who favor conviction.

Or, we could get four Senators to vote to convict. Pence would be President, so it’s not a total disaster.

by Anonymousreply 461January 21, 2020 2:58 AM

FCI, I hope we have more than just Nancy on it. I love her, she is brilliant, but she cannot do everything alone.Thank gods, that right now, for instance she has someone like Adam Schiff helping with some of the heavy lifting. What I would like to see, is some Reporters who really know their shit, and some epeople with a background in international relations and trade, etc. speak out like former Russian Ambassador McFaul. Even some of the people who have been "furloughed" because they testified against Trump ought to be sticking pins in the phony games China, Russia, the Saudis, and others will attempt to play to keep Trump in the White House. A healthy stock market is not the economic boom he wants to say it is. We need real stories about real people.

by Anonymousreply 462January 21, 2020 3:06 AM

During his testimony I wonder if Vindman already knew what Nunes had been up to in Ukraine and that's why he bitch-slapped him in front of the world.

by Anonymousreply 463January 21, 2020 3:11 AM

As much as they annoy us, we need red state Dems. Remember, their voters are casting a vote for somebody with a D next to their names. The minute these voters stop voting for somebody with a D next to their name is the day that state goes more and more GOP. Look how that works in the Dem NorthEast-Enough voters are still in the habit of voting for some Rs they give away Gov and Sen seats. I still can't believe true blue VT and MA voted in R Governors in the age of this president. Disgusting!

by Anonymousreply 464January 21, 2020 3:28 AM

Some idiot Republican actually, finally got called out on the economy and how the deficit has skyrocketed. He, once again, said it was expected and that once economic growth kicks in they will pay for themselves and the deficit will go down.

It has been 2 fucking years and the deficit has only gone up.

Voodoo economics will never die yet has never worked.

by Anonymousreply 465January 21, 2020 3:32 AM

Saw Kellyanne speak this morning and screamed "fuck you lying bitch" at the TV.

Have to change the channel upon the sight of orange dotard face or I scream at him, too.

by Anonymousreply 466January 21, 2020 3:46 AM

Murkowski and Collins are saying they need to see the evidence before deciding if they need to see more witnesses and evidence. This could go either way. Why piss off Mitch now, if they can delay that until the vote - however, the House hearings were televised. They already know everything the House knew, or more, when the House impeached Trump.

The only way they can vote to limit more evidence is if they already decided that Trump is guilty, and the defense has no more relevant evidence. But if they are leaning towards acquittal, there’s no excuse to vote to limit prosecution witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 467January 21, 2020 3:54 AM

Stop saying all of this impeachment just isn't that important to them. They aren't paying attention for a reason! They are fucking ashamed and will not ever admit it.

by Anonymousreply 468January 21, 2020 4:07 AM

I still don't know what the benefit was in turning it over to the Senate. Why not just keep it in the House and have it looming over Drumpf's head?

by Anonymousreply 469January 21, 2020 4:20 AM

R469, some would argue that Trump was never impeached unless it was passed to the Senate.

Now, Trump will either be convicted, which is good for the Dems in the upcoming election; or he won’t, which will also be good for the Dems. It will be hard for independents to vote for Trump after his crimes are aired.

by Anonymousreply 470January 21, 2020 4:39 AM

Damn. That new book has TWO HUNDRED sources.

Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 471January 21, 2020 4:42 AM

R461, two-thirds of the Senate has to vote for conviction. That's 67 votes needed. We'll need more than 4 Republican senators to join with the 45 Democrats and two Independents. We would need 20 to flip on Trump, and I don't see that happening.

by Anonymousreply 472January 21, 2020 4:52 AM

Why does anyone continue to give Murkowski and Clims the benefitmof the doubt? They both pretty much always have concerns and then townthr party line anyway. Lather, rinse, repeat.

And I wish I could believe that R470, however I'm more convinced that Drumpf has already demanded daddy Put Put make sure he win biglier this time.

by Anonymousreply 473January 21, 2020 5:00 AM

*Collins the benefit of the doubt

by Anonymousreply 474January 21, 2020 5:03 AM

[quote]I still don't know what the benefit was in turning it over to the Senate. Why not just keep it in the House and have it looming over Drumpf's head?

I don't get it either. They should have at least held it until after the State of the Union address. Now, the trial could be over by then and he'll just go in like a fucking orange peacock.

And Murkowski is full of shit. Needs to see more evidence to decide if she needs more evidence? Guess she didn't watch any of the hours of House hearing coverage. She's just pretending like she always does. Maybe she, Collins, Sasse, and Romney can find one shred of courage between them and get an ant to help them carry it up to the Senate chamber.

by Anonymousreply 475January 21, 2020 5:05 AM

McConnell will steamroll over the Democrats and ram this thing through, just like he did with Merrick Garland and Kavanaugh. You may not like him but you have to admit he’s damn good at what he does.

by Anonymousreply 476January 21, 2020 5:26 AM

But of course don't get your hopes up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477January 21, 2020 5:34 AM

Lol the NYT cut out Tulsi.

But good to see all the candidates united. (Pete was there too).

I wish I had attended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478January 21, 2020 5:52 AM

So what’s up with the tapes?

by Anonymousreply 479January 21, 2020 6:05 AM

A majority of Americans want the Senate to convict and remove President Donald Trump from office, according to a new poll conducted by CNN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480January 21, 2020 6:17 AM

Trump's speech in Davos right now is vomit inducing. It's like the US was a big black hole with no hope and prosperity until our savior Trump arrived 3 years ago. What a vile human being.

by Anonymousreply 481January 21, 2020 10:19 AM

[quote]"I don't know, quite frankly, what's gotten into Lindsey."

Joe, much has "gotten into" Lindsey. But you know that. Lindsey's glow doesn't come from excessive exposure to sunshine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482January 21, 2020 10:53 AM

What other evidence do Murkowski and Collins need to see. He's admitted it. Fuck them! it's just posturing.

by Anonymousreply 483January 21, 2020 11:53 AM

Rachel....

"So it'll be like...I don't know....charades?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484January 21, 2020 12:23 PM

Randy....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485January 21, 2020 1:34 PM

MSNBC has Chuck Todd anchoring the impeachment discussion panel.

OK, switching to Poppy Harlow on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 486January 21, 2020 1:41 PM

R452... well actually i do, thanks for asking...

R457... how right you are, take away everyone's phones... truly how pathetic a vast number of the population is nowadays..

by Anonymousreply 487January 21, 2020 1:55 PM

Tell 'em Richard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488January 21, 2020 2:16 PM

Trump's impeachment team: Collins, Jordan, Johnson, Zeldin, Meadows, Stefanik, Lesko, Ratcliffe aka the biggest assholes in the House.

But no Matt Gaetz - lol.

by Anonymousreply 489January 21, 2020 2:20 PM

USA Today:

Supreme Court refuses for now to hear appeal of decision threatening Affordable Care Act

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490January 21, 2020 2:27 PM

Jesus Christ will they get Chris Matthews off camera? His nose is running, his voice is hoarse and he is spitting so much when he talks it's dripping down his chin. I am NOT exaggerating. And his hair.

by Anonymousreply 491January 21, 2020 2:41 PM

Senator Schumer: Everything In These Impeachment Trial Rules Is Rigged | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492January 21, 2020 2:51 PM

Yeah, Chuck... we all knew this going into it.. So what was the point in sending them the articles now?

by Anonymousreply 493January 21, 2020 2:54 PM

No reason for me to watch this farce.The outcome is a given. The Republicans are vile and every single one of them are criminals as far as I'm concerned. I applaude the Democrats for standing up for the truth and doing what is right, but, it's heartbreaking and frustrating knowing that Trump is getting away with this.

by Anonymousreply 494January 21, 2020 3:01 PM

Trump really does look awful in the pic in R395. I mean, more than usual.

I have said, all that makeup he uses is to cover-up jaundice, or something. I think it’s jaundice.

by Anonymousreply 495January 21, 2020 3:03 PM

Can't believe they have the perfect chance to get of and humiliate Trump and they are passing it up.

They think they will be voted-out but they would actually be hailed as heroes.

The failure to oust Trump will resonate horribly for decades.

by Anonymousreply 496January 21, 2020 3:09 PM

If these ridiculous rules are passed in the Senate and they have this quick sham trial to acquit this traitor in less than a week, I hope Democrats in both Houses just refuse to work with Republicans till the next election. Boycott his State of the Union and everthing else these traitors do. But I bet none of them has the balls for real consequences.

by Anonymousreply 497January 21, 2020 3:10 PM

Reuters:

Democrats accuse McConnell of rigging Trump's impeachment trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498January 21, 2020 3:44 PM

Nancy Pelosi statement:

“Leader McConnell’s plan for a dark of night impeachment trial confirms what the American people have seen since Day One: the Senate GOP Leader has chosen a cover-up for the President, rather than honor his oath to the Constitution. Shamefully, this sham proposal does not even allow for admitting the House record into evidence at the trial."

More at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499January 21, 2020 4:39 PM

Serious question, why isn’t Mike Pence also impeached?

What about the crooked head of justice? The huge fat guy guy with the evil grin?

Why aren’t they both being impeached?

by Anonymousreply 500January 21, 2020 4:45 PM

Not Pompeo, but the other fat crooked guy whose always smirking and looks like he just ate a whole meatloaf just moments before. He seems almost jolly except for the fact that he is a murderous henchman. They type that if it weren’t for the low-life’s of the world slapping each other’s backs, would be lucky to be a used car salesman.

by Anonymousreply 501January 21, 2020 4:48 PM

Trump is damaged goods already, if they allow witnesses, he's toast; if they don't, they look like they're hiding something. Remember there is another scandal unrelated to the Ukraine that is waiting to erupt at any time and it is going to "rock the political world."

by Anonymousreply 502January 21, 2020 4:48 PM

r501, Barr?

by Anonymousreply 503January 21, 2020 4:50 PM

Why are all these people so fat, bloated and ruddy? They have millions of ill gotten money. There is no excuse.

Plump, Pompus, and AG are have grotesquely fat asses.

by Anonymousreply 504January 21, 2020 4:50 PM

R503, yes. That is the pig I’m talking about. He acts like he owns this country.

by Anonymousreply 505January 21, 2020 4:52 PM

R504 Gluttony.

by Anonymousreply 506January 21, 2020 4:55 PM

These huge republicans start getting that government paycheck and swell up to size xxxxl.

by Anonymousreply 507January 21, 2020 4:55 PM

What I really want to know is why Barr visited Epstein in prison before he offed himself. What did he have to do with it? Who did he pay off?

by Anonymousreply 508January 21, 2020 4:57 PM

I bet their wives hate them.

by Anonymousreply 509January 21, 2020 4:58 PM

AG always looks like he JUST ate something. Like his stomach protrudes out 3 feet in front of him. Its extremely disgusting. It’s one thing to have a larger frame, it’s another to have torpedo belly.

Can you imagine having to sleep with these people. Even prostitutes have their limits.

by Anonymousreply 510January 21, 2020 5:00 PM

Can you imagine having to go home to Mitch McConnell every day? Ugh. That guy is ugly inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 511January 21, 2020 5:04 PM

[quote]Can you imagine having to go home to Mitch McConnell every day? Ugh. That guy is ugly inside and out.

I find solace in the billions he enables me to funnel to my family's business.

by Anonymousreply 512January 21, 2020 5:10 PM

Rick Wison reads cowardly Senate Republicans the riot act:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513January 21, 2020 5:16 PM

Cocaine Mitch is married to the (Chinese) mob.

by Anonymousreply 514January 21, 2020 5:19 PM

Lest you thought Mitt Romney would locate his spine:

He tells CNNs @mkraju that Dems are making a “mistake” by saying that “everything is an outrage.”

He says McConnell changes from Clinton trial rules are “modest” and he won’t be voting today on motions to call for witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 515January 21, 2020 5:22 PM

Anybody who is waiting on a republican to save the country, I got news for you..

by Anonymousreply 516January 21, 2020 5:31 PM

I don’t get this outrage that we are trying to impeach a duly elected president. What other kind could you impeach?

by Anonymousreply 517January 21, 2020 6:41 PM

Here come the amendments. Apparently McConnell already expanded the time limit to three days instead of two for opening arguments.

by Anonymousreply 518January 21, 2020 6:44 PM

Tom Nichols:

Sekulow and Cipollone are not actually bothering with this trial: They're speaking directly to Fox Nation and creating talking points, knowing their audience is too stupid and too partisan to know (or care) how much of it is a lie.

by Anonymousreply 519January 21, 2020 6:46 PM

They are also speaking to Trump and saying what he wants to hear.

by Anonymousreply 520January 21, 2020 6:49 PM

So Big, Bad, Scary McConnel caved in like 5 minutes?

EMBARRASSING! He clearly didn’t have the support.

by Anonymousreply 521January 21, 2020 6:52 PM

He tried to go too far! Even his allies agreed.

by Anonymousreply 522January 21, 2020 6:54 PM

As far as I’m concerned, Dr. Rachel Maddow already tried the case on her show. The verdict is in:

GUILTY!!!!

by Anonymousreply 523January 21, 2020 6:56 PM

Good gods of the Druids

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524January 21, 2020 7:05 PM

Good gods of the Druids

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525January 21, 2020 7:05 PM

Miss Linesey is tweeting during the recess.

She's mad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526January 21, 2020 7:13 PM

[quote]So Big, Bad, Scary McConnel caved in like 5 minutes?

ABC news equating this move by McConnell to sacrificing a pawn early in a chess game.

He’s playing chess. Have no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 527January 21, 2020 7:14 PM

“Ass backwards.”

Lol

by Anonymousreply 528January 21, 2020 7:28 PM

yeah I thought I heard 3 days when they started proceedings after 1 PM

by Anonymousreply 529January 21, 2020 7:29 PM

Lindsay stopped tweeting lol. That was fast. Sniff destroyed them.

by Anonymousreply 530January 21, 2020 7:32 PM

Schiff is fucking amazing. I hope the public starts to back him more after this. What I mean is, casual news viewers probably don't know who he is yet

only people who fucking follow the news know him.

He should be more than simply "liberals love him, deplorables hate him." It should be EVERYBODY except deplorables love him.

by Anonymousreply 531January 21, 2020 7:37 PM

Today is the deadline for OMB to turn over more documents related to the Ukraine scandal -- per American Oversight's FOIA lawsuit.

The GOP Majority in the Senate may say they don't want to see any evidence, but the public's going to get more of it every day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532January 21, 2020 7:38 PM

He held his cool for the last 3 years while they have been putting democrats through hell and back.

Now he is letting it rip.

by Anonymousreply 533January 21, 2020 7:39 PM

Rachel deserves a Pulitzer.

by Anonymousreply 534January 21, 2020 7:42 PM

Rachel truly is a brilliant person. The work she's done especially since Trump's occupation is nothing short of outstanding. I do find it so curious that Trump has never gone after her the way he's gone after so many other news hosts from Mika & Joe to Don Lemon, Chuck Todd even some Fox "News" hosts. He's never messed with Rachel

by Anonymousreply 535January 21, 2020 7:45 PM

I'm hoping Chief Justice Roberts allows witnesses. If he does, there's not a damn thing McConnell can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 536January 21, 2020 7:47 PM

[quote] I'm hoping Chief Justice Roberts allows witnesses. If he does, there's not a damn thing McConnell can do about it.

I wish that were true, R536, but it’s not. Any decision by the Chief Justice may immediately be appealed to the full Senate, and the Senate can then vote to overrule him.

by Anonymousreply 537January 21, 2020 7:52 PM

Not true. The Senate can override the Chief Justice's decision with a vote.

by Anonymousreply 538January 21, 2020 7:53 PM

Rachel tweets:

One point:

Senator McConnell said he had the votes to pass the resolution distributed last night.

Clearly, he didn't — or he wouldn't have had to make last-minute changes to it today.

Just worth keeping in mind in terms of his future assertions about what votes he says he has.

by Anonymousreply 539January 21, 2020 7:57 PM

I know they're not the big fish here but I hope Victoria Toensing and Joe DiGenova end up being investigated too. They're clearly involved in this mess even if not as extensively as Giuliani

by Anonymousreply 540January 21, 2020 7:59 PM

Wonder how many of these Senators are dozing off right about now? I bet Bernie is for sure.

They need to show the audience.

by Anonymousreply 541January 21, 2020 8:01 PM

McConnell is great at bluffing. He will maneuver and feint and zig and zag and postpone and delay, etc. whatever it takes. And to all those pundits who keep citing the public opinion polls ...it doesn't matter. The Senate doesn't care. They aren't reacting to pubic opinion polls. They are doing the bidding of their donors and their minders. They haven't got one bit of concern about voters or the public.

by Anonymousreply 542January 21, 2020 8:03 PM

tRump's lawyer's just lied about not allowing members into the SCIF. Claire McCaskill calling it out

by Anonymousreply 543January 21, 2020 8:03 PM

The lies by Trump's lawyers and the distortions are despicable and they need to be called out for the Senate record in real time. it is shameful that they're being permitted to lie. In a real court room they'd be cited for contempt and perjury.

by Anonymousreply 544January 21, 2020 8:06 PM

Bravo to those of you who can stomach watching it. I can't.

by Anonymousreply 545January 21, 2020 8:12 PM

I can’t imagine how bored the people in the room must be! Those of us watching at home can divide our attention and tune in and out plus eat and go to the bathroom. The Senators are trapped.

by Anonymousreply 546January 21, 2020 8:22 PM

C-SPAN caller gets spicy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547January 21, 2020 8:27 PM

Schiff is at least easy to listen to. The video clips were a nice touch.

by Anonymousreply 548January 21, 2020 8:33 PM

so this makes sense...repubs are voting yes to not allow the documents and witnesses before the trial

they're really despicable

by Anonymousreply 549January 21, 2020 8:38 PM

[quote]He tried to go too far! Even his allies agreed

McConnell’s ceding ground NOW so he doesn’t have to THEN (i.e. later in the impeachment)

Chess.

by Anonymousreply 550January 21, 2020 8:39 PM

I've turned down the sound when ever a Republican talks...because life is too short for bullshit.

You know the Republicans resisting and denying and not allowing evidence or witnesses, etc. is not just obstructing or McConnell and the GOP stonewalling. It goes to the very heart of the Republican Party's attitude towards the Democrats. They refuse to recognize the legitimacy of the Democrats to govern. They have done this consistently going back to Clinton, as far as I can remember, but maybe Carter too. They simply decided they do not have to recognize any authority of the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 551January 21, 2020 8:41 PM

What is that R502? I know that the investigation into Trump's taxes and finances is still going on.

by Anonymousreply 552January 21, 2020 8:45 PM

R551 that's it and the constitution only matters when used as a cudgel against liberals. They're truly the most disgusting people on earth.

by Anonymousreply 553January 21, 2020 8:48 PM

I can't watch it either R545.

by Anonymousreply 554January 21, 2020 8:50 PM

r552 Most of us don't know yet, a former Repug congressman leaked it in a anti-Trump op ed on The Hill. He said it is unrelated to the Ukraine scandal and that it was going to blow during the Senate trial.

by Anonymousreply 555January 21, 2020 9:03 PM

Look who’s in Davos with Daddy, in a pretty shiny green dress?

SO much fun to play globetrotting stateswoman!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556January 21, 2020 9:07 PM

Yay me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557January 21, 2020 9:13 PM

Is Ivanka's clothing made of rubber?

How does she get the piss out?

by Anonymousreply 558January 21, 2020 9:19 PM

This is going to go on all evening, but there is nothing new to say.

by Anonymousreply 559January 21, 2020 9:27 PM

You mean they haven't exonerated him yet?

by Anonymousreply 560January 21, 2020 9:29 PM

Zzzzzz...

by Anonymousreply 561January 21, 2020 9:33 PM

Trump's biggest enemy is overexposure. His need to be at the top of every news cycle and to make every possible high profile event about him is wearing out all but his most obsessive fans. He thinks the worst thing that could happen to him is to be defeated this November and have to face prosecution when he leaves the White House. But getting reelected and having to spend the next four years as an increasingly despised and irrelevant laughingstock, as George W. Bush became in his second term, would be absolute torture for him.

by Anonymousreply 562January 21, 2020 9:41 PM

You know, the only thing this soap opera is missing is a "sudden, shocking death..." Yes, we had Epstein, but I'm thinking of someone in a more direct role. If I were writing this story, it would be Manafort, and Rudy....

by Anonymousreply 563January 21, 2020 9:45 PM

I thought they decided on three 8hr sessions so the days end at 9pm est?

by Anonymousreply 564January 21, 2020 9:59 PM

So has there been anything to learn today?

by Anonymousreply 565January 21, 2020 10:23 PM

If he gets reelected, the SCOTUS is gone for a lifetime. We'll be lucky if RBG makes it till November.

by Anonymousreply 566January 21, 2020 10:26 PM

If he gets reelected, the SCOTUS is gone for a lifetime. We'll be lucky if RBG makes it till November.

by Anonymousreply 567January 21, 2020 10:26 PM

So they’re going to debate this one for 2 hours, THEN take a 30 minute dinner break before coming BACK for the next round? They’re trying to kill these poor old people (and by ‘they’ I mean McConnell.)

by Anonymousreply 568January 21, 2020 10:42 PM

Nothing at all Boris at R565. Go back to trolling Facebook and Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 569January 21, 2020 10:44 PM

[quote]has there been anything to learn today?

Nope. Just 6 hours of Dems bleating “TRUMP SUCKS!” and Reps squawking “DEMS SUCK!”

by Anonymousreply 570January 21, 2020 10:54 PM

Maybe go and make some sense, R569.

by Anonymousreply 571January 21, 2020 10:54 PM

R570 Gee it looks to me the Dems were following the Constitution and the GOP is actively burning it.

by Anonymousreply 572January 21, 2020 10:56 PM

Is this seriously the only thread from today?

by Anonymousreply 573January 21, 2020 10:57 PM

So the GOP just acting like it's another day, R572.

by Anonymousreply 574January 21, 2020 10:58 PM

If he gets reelected, there is no stopping the end of American Democracy. I am not able to give any of the Republicans the benefit of any doubt now, and plan on never letting them forget they did this. All of this.

by Anonymousreply 575January 21, 2020 11:01 PM

And no stopping the thunderous applause from deplorables as it happens, R595.

by Anonymousreply 576January 21, 2020 11:04 PM

I actually think that a lot of people are seeing exactly that right now r575. the Republicans are whores all the way down. Total Cult. And any Republican Senator who thinks, hey, no big deal, is in for a rude surprise in November. The whoring is just too obvious these days and the Democrats are playing this very well right now.

by Anonymousreply 577January 21, 2020 11:04 PM

Rethugs aren't worried because they feel safe in the knowledge that they'll just be stealing more seats in November.

by Anonymousreply 578January 21, 2020 11:05 PM

thanks, R577. I am planning to be in DC after the election to protest or, dare I dream, to celebrate.

by Anonymousreply 579January 21, 2020 11:07 PM

maybe r578, but I bet they thought that in 2018 also. Of course, they thought they'd just have to steal from black voters, so no problem. Didn't realize how many white suburban women decided, yeah, we hate the asshole too.

by Anonymousreply 580January 21, 2020 11:09 PM

Careful or you'll summon the protesting troll.

by Anonymousreply 581January 21, 2020 11:09 PM

From your lips, R580.

by Anonymousreply 582January 21, 2020 11:12 PM

Poor Miss Lindz must be fit to be tied. Forced to sit their quietly and hear these, these, these CALUMNIES!

by Anonymousreply 583January 21, 2020 11:13 PM

Is it still going on?

Like some others, I can't watch it.

by Anonymousreply 584January 21, 2020 11:16 PM

The Dems have used today to introduce their case and show some of the evidence and testimony that they already have. They haven’t started their 24 hrs in 3 days arguments yet. They’re making a lot of sense that the evidence should occur before the summaries and questions instead of after. The Repub response has been lame because there is no sensible reason. Mitch knows it, too. He seems nervous that the Dems are winning the case even if he is holding onto his majority votes.

by Anonymousreply 585January 21, 2020 11:19 PM

It will be interesting to see which clips the news channels choose to show. I bet it will be a lot of Schiff.

by Anonymousreply 586January 21, 2020 11:24 PM

I may be wrong, and others might have insights, but i don't think Mitch anticipated this. I thought it would be dry process arguments. i think the Dems surprised him by coming out with both barrels blazing. I think Mitch is losing control of this whole process. Very rare for him.

by Anonymousreply 587January 21, 2020 11:25 PM

sorry, not I thought. I think MITCH THOUGHT it would be ..

by Anonymousreply 588January 21, 2020 11:26 PM

I thought the Democrats were incredible.

by Anonymousreply 589January 21, 2020 11:30 PM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590January 21, 2020 11:34 PM

They’re coming for Mick next.

by Anonymousreply 591January 21, 2020 11:35 PM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592January 21, 2020 11:45 PM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 593January 22, 2020 12:03 AM

this

by Anonymousreply 594January 22, 2020 12:04 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 595January 22, 2020 12:04 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 596January 22, 2020 12:04 AM

out

by Anonymousreply 597January 22, 2020 12:04 AM

Link

by Anonymousreply 598January 22, 2020 12:04 AM

below

by Anonymousreply 599January 22, 2020 12:05 AM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600January 22, 2020 12:05 AM

r580 You're right - in 1996 these voters were called "soccer moms" who reelected Bill Clinton. As of today, 60 percent of women voters view Dump unfavorably. He's toast.

by Anonymousreply 601January 22, 2020 12:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!