Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matt Bomer’s eerie, lineless face returns

I thought he looked good in promos for The Sinner, where he plays a character who looks his age.

He did not agree, apparently!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267April 8, 2020 9:41 AM

He has such unusual beautiful eyes--steel blue.

by Anonymousreply 1January 4, 2020 9:31 PM

So I am supposed to think that is a bad picture of Bomer? I think he looks great.

by Anonymousreply 2January 4, 2020 10:34 PM

He looks great. What has he had done? He doesn’t have the puffy fat filler face.

by Anonymousreply 3January 4, 2020 10:38 PM

He hasn't done anything other than eat.

And there's already a thread on him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 4, 2020 10:39 PM

R4 I didn’t know Botox was edible.

by Anonymousreply 5January 4, 2020 10:46 PM

Looks great!!! What will be the history of your watch? in a comment Brian (The Boys In The Band) tells him something about his watch !!! In a photograph appears Nyle Dimarco and Matt, how tall is Nyle ??? Matt looks small next to him.

by Anonymousreply 6January 5, 2020 12:06 AM

Which botox? It looks normal, it looks handsome a mixture of elegance and informality. A great outfit, your hair looks good when you fix it, it will grow, I like your long hair more. Will he be a presenter at The Golden Globe, which prize will he present? There are many stars as presenters. When will Doom Patrol shoot ?!

by Anonymousreply 7January 5, 2020 12:47 AM

“But I AM smiling.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 5, 2020 10:10 PM

Oy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 5, 2020 11:07 PM

He's so gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 10January 5, 2020 11:12 PM

Not a good night at all

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2020 2:21 AM

He looked great at the Globes to me.

by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2020 2:24 AM

It's just makeup, done well so as to be undetectable on a man.

by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2020 2:31 AM

It was not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 6, 2020 9:38 AM

He’s been undetectable for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 15January 6, 2020 11:42 AM

Matt looks cute, although we didn't understand his pants, he was one of the prettiest. I would have liked him to pose with Simon on the red carpet, but I understand that Simon was probably with his clients. I liked that Sam Mendes will win, I liked that Billy Porter's heavyweight did not win.

by Anonymousreply 16January 6, 2020 12:41 PM

I'm still waiting for his Monty Clift biopic. What happened to it? Doesn't he want to ride on this Oscar-baiting biopic trend?

by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2020 1:38 PM

It was to be made for HBO so it would have never been Oscar eligible. And the head of HBO was replaced after they announced it.

Rumor has it that now Richard Madden is interesting in playing Monty, which is a better fit imo.

by Anonymousreply 18January 6, 2020 1:43 PM

R17 R18 Matt has plans for this year, let's wait to see which materialize, now I guess he starts shooting Doom Patrol.

by Anonymousreply 19January 6, 2020 5:24 PM

Oh dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2020 12:27 AM

R20 Janeane Garofalo was the egg donor?

by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2020 12:46 AM

Microchips here and there....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2020 9:50 PM

He used to be so handsome. I dont have any clue why men choose to get botox. It never looks good for them

by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2020 9:52 PM

R23 They are called filters, where they see botox! They look great, her oldest son is equal to her husband.

by Anonymousreply 24January 11, 2020 11:37 PM

Has Matt transitioned?

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2020 12:09 AM

If you pricked his cheek with a pin, salt water would come spilling out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2020 8:38 AM

Matt's husband was working yesterday with Annette Bening at an event.

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2020 2:57 PM

He's cute, if he had fillers they were well done. It might just be make up and eating like a normal person. Not a fan of the spiky hedgehog hair, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2020 5:22 PM

Looking at him, I can admire that he's pretty, but there's something about his eyes that are so vacant. There's not a lot of happiness or joy in them.

by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2020 5:36 PM

R28, When that camera zooms in on him his head, it still looks like the head of a 42 year old man covered in makeup. If he is doing "fillers" he's not doing very much. The weight does make him look a bit younger.

R29, He has said a few times before that his life hasn't been as easy as people think it is. I do wonder if that religious upbringing had something to do with it. He's so into alternative religions and self-help now searching for happiness.

He posted a cute pic for Simon's birthday. I like this version of Matt. Something tells me he knows he overdid it leaving home for half the year two years in a row. Simon picked a great picture of himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 12, 2020 9:09 PM

Bomer has an obsession with finding his “authentic self” and believes he was denied the opportunity to become his authentic self because of his closeted religious self-loathing upbringing. He still has not accepted that at 43, he has already been his authentic self for many many years, that there is no innocent starchild locked up in him somewhere that self-help books will coax out, and his authentic self is the self that ordered a baby and pretended he wasn’t the father.

by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2020 9:21 PM

R30 This is a great picture. Simon has been looking really good lately. He's not usually that photogenic.

Matt is very attached to his family so the fact he had to hide from them, and then got rejected at first when he came out must have been very damaging.

It also seems like he has self esteem issues. I remember him saying he liked acting because he liked pretending, and was sometimes more comfortable with a character then he was with himself. I don't think he had any idea how sad that sounded.

He seems to be ģrowing more into himself, though. He's starting to show some personality and seems more at ease in interviews. Maybe he's getting older, or maybe all that self-help crap has been good to him, after all.

by Anonymousreply 32January 12, 2020 10:26 PM

Wow! Simon looks daddylicious in that picture. He's actually sexier to me in that picture than Matt.

by Anonymousreply 33January 12, 2020 11:15 PM

Lol this has to be the kitschiest cake I have ever seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2020 3:31 PM

It's probably an inside joke between the two of them so it's fine!

It's nice to be reminded they have a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 35January 13, 2020 7:06 PM

Zachary Quinto's ex-boyfriend stopped following Matt on social media, which means Matt is friends with Zachary, the ex-boyfriend follows the other boys in the band, except Matt and obviously Zachary, who has already returned to Instagram .

by Anonymousreply 36January 13, 2020 11:02 PM

R36, Matt literally said the only people he even bothered to talk to outside of the play were Zachary Quinto & Michael Washington. Who are also the only two people he's hung out and shown it, multiple times since the show ended forever ago. They're also his oldest friends from college and when he first moved to New York respectively.

I don't blame him for getting tired of pics of Matt's favorite handbag he got for free, his favorite books, his kids, his husband and his favorite cup since Matt has been posting a lot lately.

[quote] the ex-boyfriend follows the other boys in the band, except Matt and obviously Zachary, who has already returned to Instagram .

He doesn't.

He doesn't follow Jim Parsons, Robin De Jesus, Tuc Watins or Brian Hutchinson which is half the cast?

Just because people work together doesn't mean they're actually friends and it doesn't make sense for your ex to still be following your actual friends.

by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2020 2:42 AM

don't hate me because i'm beautiful, OP!

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2020 4:33 AM

R38 Oh, honey , we’ll hate you long after the beauty fades.

by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2020 4:47 AM

Boring and very basic. Next!

by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2020 4:52 AM

the son is like, “Yes, I know he’s wearing makeup.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 20, 2020 12:02 AM

Maybe he’s been replaced with one of the male sex robots?

by Anonymousreply 42January 20, 2020 12:08 AM

Wow this hair is not flattering on him. He implied he had to cut it for a role/at the end of The Sinner, but yikes.

by Anonymousreply 43January 20, 2020 12:11 AM

R30 wow, I agree with the others saying that Simon totally outshines Matt in that picture. Simon’s coloring looks fantastic there and he has a warm smile and lively eyes on his face. By contrast, Matt looks vacant and vain, striking the same old pose again and again.

R31 I am sure the Botox, fillers, veneers, make-up and IG-whoring are great means on his quest for his ‘authentic self ‘. Maybe he should try Buddhism, they reject the idea of a self altogether.

by Anonymousreply 44January 20, 2020 12:21 AM

Matt looks great, now he must take care of the children. Simon has worked all weekend. The Sinner series looks amazing.

by Anonymousreply 45January 20, 2020 2:08 AM

If he gains a few pounds, people make fun of him.

If he's cleansing or whatever and loses too much weight, people make fun of him.

If he doesn't wear makeup, people say he looks old.

If he wears makeup, people say he looks weird.

There's no winning.

I think Simon looks naturally great for his age.

I'm also shocked he's been at home for more than two weeks. I wonder if he realized or someone put their foot down about him working too much or maybe he finally realized he's not a young man anymore and pulled back. He was looking haggard at the end of The Sinner, running around with no voice. It was clearly not the plan for him to exit Will & Grace so soon & he spent months filming Doom Patrol last year.

Of course he has to do promo for "The Sinner" & do something for "Doom Patrol" later but both are required and he's obviously not going to be in pretty much every episode of he the later series like last year.

by Anonymousreply 46January 20, 2020 7:03 AM

R46 Apparently Matt is already filming Doom Patrol in Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 47January 23, 2020 12:28 AM

Hes also the voice of the guy in Doom Patrol so he will be in every episode just not physically on the screen.

by Anonymousreply 48January 23, 2020 12:30 AM

R48, Voice overs don't have to be recorded at the same time as the episode they are shooting.

R46, he was in Los Angeles on Sunday and he's doing promo for The Sinner in NYC all week next week.

They've already been shooting Doom Patrol since November 11th. The production started a couple of weeks before that.

They shot Crazy Jane scenes last month. There's only 10 episodes this season instead of 15.

by Anonymousreply 49January 23, 2020 3:52 PM

R49 If you are in Atlanta, it is easier to travel to New York than to LA, maybe you combine your work in Atlanta and your promotion in New York. Will there be promotion of the series in LA?

by Anonymousreply 50January 23, 2020 5:06 PM

R50, Not sure about LA. He has to tape Kelly and Ryan & Jimmy Fallon on Monday in NYC.

Then he'll appear live for the Build Series in NYC on Tuesday with Pullman in NYC. I don't know what else they've scheduled for him that week but I'm sure there will be more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 23, 2020 5:30 PM

New Interview in Parade Magazine.

Interesting point:

1. Matt was on a "calorie restrictive" diet for the role. He does this with every role. He should just admit he likes starving himself.

2. He was in fact commuting home to visit his family during the production. Of course nearly all of you insisted that he hadn't seen them at all for months!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 24, 2020 4:48 PM

Parade still exists?

by Anonymousreply 53January 24, 2020 4:55 PM

He's always on a diet, but never looks thinner.

by Anonymousreply 54January 24, 2020 8:41 PM

I was accused of being serophobic. I'm not. When I had facebook, I had a coordinated "attack" from TONS of HIV positive people commenting and liking on my pics.

Three of those included Andy Cohen, Lance Bass, and Matt Bomer. I think he probably is positive (allegedly) not that there's anything wrong with that. I deleted Facebook immediately.

by Anonymousreply 55January 24, 2020 9:22 PM

R55, Matt Bomer doesn't have a Facebook. He has said he doesn't. He barely uses instagram or Twitter and it took him forever to learn how to do those. You could actively see him not knowing what the hell he was doing. Even before he got either of those his friend (who is a name himself) said he didn't so social media, didn't return emails until days later and wasn't a computer person at all. I don't think Lance Bass has Facebook and I'm pretty sure Andy Cohen isn't running his own.

And why would liking a pic mean that ... you know what. I hope you get the help that you need.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 24, 2020 9:39 PM

Duckling has shown signs of body dysmorphia for quite some time

I also notice when he is back in LA, he even styles himself to look boyish and childlike

Very odd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 24, 2020 10:09 PM

Yeah well when he's in LA he's gotta see daddy.

by Anonymousreply 58January 25, 2020 12:07 AM

Oh dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 27, 2020 10:00 PM

I find him egregiously ugly, and the photos at R8 and R9 are precisely why. He looks Ellen DeGeneres.

by Anonymousreply 60January 27, 2020 10:04 PM

A person with lines is old and ugly, but a person with smooth, beautiful skin and face is “eerie.”

Nobody can win on Datalounge. It’s just impossible to respect what Dataloungers write most of the time.

#cheapHaters

by Anonymousreply 61January 27, 2020 10:32 PM

So handsome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 27, 2020 11:30 PM

He has one of the most beautiful male faces I have ever seen. That jaw line, and those eyes....

by Anonymousreply 63January 27, 2020 11:47 PM

What's with the black ring?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 28, 2020 6:19 AM

He's gorgeous. Honestly not my type, way too perfect looking. But he is indeed perfect looking. I think he looks better with a bit of facial hair, his lips are just a little too curvy if that makes sense. Too pretty. And yes he has botox. So do I. It changes the focus of the face to your eyes. His brows don't move and his eyes are amazing. His skin is poreless, that's one of the reasons for his unworldly gorgeousness. Just a little stubble looks best Matt.

by Anonymousreply 65January 28, 2020 6:38 AM

R64 It's part of his outfit, clearly.

by Anonymousreply 66January 28, 2020 9:32 AM

His face does not move at all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 28, 2020 10:37 AM

Wearing more makeup than Kelly!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 28, 2020 3:49 PM

This outfit is beautiful and I love everything aboout it. Even his phone cover is perfect. Love the glasses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 28, 2020 6:42 PM

It's pretty funny how great he looks outfit wise this promo run

... but only because USA Network is the one who has appointed his stylist and who is dressing him and not the person he usually gets on his own.

by Anonymousreply 70January 28, 2020 7:24 PM

Matt Bomer is someone I wish I looked like. I don't want to fuck him. I don't even want to kiss him.

by Anonymousreply 71January 28, 2020 7:28 PM

R71, this is how I feel about him. He's so beautiful, but weirdly asexual. I can't even picture him having sex. Even in those scenes in The Normal Heart where he was naked in bed with Mark Ruffalo, there was something oddly cold about it.

by Anonymousreply 72January 28, 2020 7:29 PM

Probably because he doesn’t project an aura of being a available.

by Anonymousreply 73January 28, 2020 7:32 PM

There is something odd about him. I can't ever picture him being sexual either. Even in Magic Mike, there was something aloof about him. I feel like, if he does have sex, he just lies there and lets everyone else do the work. I can't imagine him getting excited about sex.

by Anonymousreply 74January 28, 2020 7:35 PM

R70 His usual stylist is good, she gave us the US Open look which was fantastic. (It was also a Ralph Lauren outfit) I just hated the Golden Globe tux.

R71 Same. But I really love to look at him.

by Anonymousreply 75January 28, 2020 7:48 PM

Forgot to put a link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 28, 2020 7:49 PM

I think he looks great for a so-so actor.

by Anonymousreply 77January 28, 2020 7:57 PM

The only time he seemed sexual is when he was carrying on with Andrew Rannells during to Broadway run of BITB. When he is with his old husband, they carry on like father and son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 28, 2020 8:10 PM

R74, He seems like a porcelain doll to me: beautiful but delicate. However, the simplest solution is, I think he projects that "vibe" because he just isn't. He'd never post a shirtless pic on his instagram & whenever he is shirtless with video that he is taking he cuts it off above the nipple. He's always to primped and pretty. He's always wearing makeup. He doesn't have a down moment.

Whoever called him a "southern bell" when he is being himself nailed it.

R75, That's one look out of all of his looks. The baggy pants and oversized coats make him look cartoonish and he has been wearing plenty of those over the past year.

R78, He didn't at all. He looked like a giggling school girl. The whole thing was stupid. Besides, Andrew was already dating Tuc Watkins at that point. It was all a joke.

by Anonymousreply 79January 28, 2020 8:24 PM

R79 Andrew was dating Tuc?!? And strangely in all his important moments he was with his ex-boyfriend Mike Doyle, never with Tuc. Between Matt and Andrew there was only camaraderie for the promotion of TBITB. I think Matt must be a passionate guy with her husband.

by Anonymousreply 80January 28, 2020 10:03 PM

Andrew had sex with a HairSpray partner, so he also had sex with Tuc, they started dating after The Boys In The Band. Matt and Andrew only gave interviews together.

by Anonymousreply 81January 29, 2020 10:55 AM

OMG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 29, 2020 11:45 AM

In some of these photos he looks like a trans with their wig off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 29, 2020 11:49 AM

For comparison look how James Marsden 3 years his senior looks at his premiere a few days ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 29, 2020 11:52 AM

His face looks so shiny. Is that Botox? I agree with whoever says he looks blank... always has the smile of the wife standing by a Senator caught in a sex scandal.

Part of his misfortune is the colour of his eyes... those pale, ice blue eyes seldom look good... especially on someone with mousy brown hair.

by Anonymousreply 85January 29, 2020 12:01 PM

Botox doesn’t make your face shiny

He’s wearing a pound of makeup, that’s what’s making it shiny.

by Anonymousreply 86January 29, 2020 12:03 PM

R85 You think he'd look better like this? It's a matter of taste but I think his eyes are his best feature. And dark hair/light eyes is a nice combo, especially on people with long eyelashes and thick eyebrows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 29, 2020 1:30 PM

If he's going to do anything he should dye his hair, to accentuate his eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 29, 2020 1:50 PM

R80, R81 - Why are you talking to yourself again?

R86 - For sure, up close, he has lines on his head like anyone his age but he wears a THICK layer of makeup. It's obvious in person. There have been a couple of shots without him wearing makeup over the years and he looks much more normal. I'm not sure why he thinks he needs that much.

by Anonymousreply 89January 29, 2020 2:05 PM

Botox ??? Where???

by Anonymousreply 90January 29, 2020 4:30 PM

That "HDR" filter ignores "makeup" and defines the actual edges/creases in someone's face. It's what you see if you're up close to him IRL. I've always said if he was doing something to his face he wasn't doing much of it. Those lines would have been wiped out with botox but they're always there.

by Anonymousreply 91January 29, 2020 5:11 PM

r83 He looks like that when he is fake-smiling. He does that a lot when he is doing PR or the selfies with fans. You can tell when his smile is real, because his face just lights up. Also, I wish he would go with a slight stubble, like his WC days. The clean-shaven look makes him seem plastic, and the full on beard ages him terribly.

by Anonymousreply 92January 29, 2020 6:18 PM

Agree, R92. He looks weird because of his expression, not because of botox or whatever. He often seems uncomfortable or a bit stressed during PR, and makes the exact same forced smile. Which is a little funny, because he has no problem smiling naturally on camera.

I usually prefer clean shaven guys, but I agree that he looks much better with facial hair. He looks a bit too clean cut otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 93January 29, 2020 6:40 PM

I got a great fan photo with him once because I made him laugh right before we took it.

by Anonymousreply 94January 29, 2020 6:47 PM

R94 Share?

by Anonymousreply 95January 29, 2020 7:17 PM

R83 he is absolutely hideous—like a stretched and stapled Ken Doll. He looks nearly alien.

by Anonymousreply 96January 29, 2020 10:08 PM

People Magazine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 29, 2020 10:25 PM

R93, and listening to him speak this go round it seems like he's on the verge of losing his voice again.

Good for him going back to LA to watch the Super Bowl with his family instead of right back to work.

by Anonymousreply 98January 30, 2020 1:52 AM

R98 Also returning to the promotion, I read on Twitter that he will be with Ellen, if you notice the strange voice, apparently last week he was in Atlanta by Doom Patrol.

by Anonymousreply 99January 30, 2020 11:16 AM

R99, where did it say he was in Atlanta other than here which doesn't have a great record for being accurate?

As for Ellen: since Ellen is on vacation (Sean Hayes is hosting) and it doesn't air the same day it is recorded for a Friday show, he could have taped that at any point.

by Anonymousreply 100January 30, 2020 2:26 PM

R100 A journalist last week posted a photograph from the set of Doom Patrol, saying he had met Matt.

by Anonymousreply 101January 30, 2020 3:17 PM

R100

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 30, 2020 6:18 PM

OMG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 31, 2020 12:57 AM

Thanks R101 and R102.

Apparently January 22nd was the press date for DC Shows in Georgia.

A few reporters, including the one at this link and the one at the link posted were invited to go to the set of Doom Patrol on the 22nd to interview the cast and then to the set of the show Legacies on the 23rd to interview their cast in Georgia.

So he flew down there to do press for the show and then likely zipped back out. No wonder he seems under the weather.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 31, 2020 1:01 AM

He is nearly as waxen as Ronan Farrow

by Anonymousreply 105January 31, 2020 1:08 AM

wow!! What happened to his face at R103?

by Anonymousreply 106February 2, 2020 5:29 AM

R103 He kind of looks like a Stepford husband.

by Anonymousreply 107February 2, 2020 5:33 AM

This is such a strange photo of Matt at Raplh and Lauren

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 2, 2020 5:36 AM

Someone insists on "what happened to the face", I wear glasses, Matt looks great. Get over it, it looks good, nothing happened. When do I film for Will And Grace?!? If all the time he was in New York.

by Anonymousreply 109February 2, 2020 11:13 AM

In one of the images that Simon appears, Matt is not there, the event was Wednesday in New York, maybe Matt was already in LA with the children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110February 2, 2020 11:34 AM

He always looks like a hostage with a gun in his back, trying desperately to appear normal at the ATM.

by Anonymousreply 111February 2, 2020 12:39 PM

I tell you it's the lips. They are too curvy and red. He looks like PeeWee Herman or that Stuart character from Mad TV. It gives him a smooth puppet like appearance. He looks better with stubble on his lip and lower face. He's too waxy looking without it and appears to be wearing lipstick. The eyes can't be fixed, but he is capable of humanizing his expression. He's just too damn handsome.

by Anonymousreply 112February 2, 2020 7:01 PM

Too dan handsome - such a curse 😀

by Anonymousreply 113February 2, 2020 10:49 PM

His look during the first part of the production of The Sinner is his best look. He looks like an attractive guy but not freakishly so.

He also looked great during White Collar.

Maybe the trick is not to pile on the makeup when he's doing appearances and not try to hard too look younger than he is?

[quote]Too dan handsome - such a curse 😀

He has implied that it is and also that he's not stupid enough to complain about it. The tried to ugly him up for "The Nice Guys," "Walking Out" & "The Viper Club" just so he wouldn't be so distracting. Not even a fake broken nose could do the job.

by Anonymousreply 114February 2, 2020 11:28 PM

Will there be a premiere of The Sinner?

by Anonymousreply 115February 3, 2020 11:48 AM

The premiere was yesterday. I like the color of his suit and shirt, but not sure about the knitted tie. He already wore one on Jimmy Fallon. Is that a thing now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116February 4, 2020 2:38 PM

Simon was at the premiere of The Sinner ?, I didn't see it in any photograph.

by Anonymousreply 117February 5, 2020 10:20 AM

OMG look at picture #3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118February 5, 2020 6:13 PM

"Part of his misfortune is the colour of his eyes... those pale, ice blue eyes seldom look good... especially on someone with mousy brown hair."

Only on the datalounge would Matt be portrayed as some unfortunate-looking fuggo

by Anonymousreply 119February 5, 2020 6:17 PM

Lol, isn't that the truth, R119. I'd love to look half as unfortunate as he does.

by Anonymousreply 120February 5, 2020 6:27 PM

You can think someone is conventionally gorgeous, but find them unattractive.

The plastic skin, the fake laugh, the "I'm being held against my will" eyes.

by Anonymousreply 121February 5, 2020 6:27 PM

Yeah, having perfect skin and piercing blue eyes is so unattractive. What a freak! It's amazing such an ugly man was able to get work in showbiz.

by Anonymousreply 122February 5, 2020 6:32 PM

He's so pretty. It will fade, but for now, enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 123February 5, 2020 6:35 PM

Yep, he looks terrible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124February 5, 2020 8:35 PM

The beetle shirt was pretty daring, for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125February 5, 2020 8:41 PM

Jamie and Nick are soulmates, Chris Messina. The sinner is going to be incredible apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 5, 2020 9:25 PM

R126, Yeah I noticed during the USA snippets on the show they made it clear that the two have an "intimate" relationship but it's not at all romantic. It should be interesting.

R118, I always forget Bill Pullman and Matt were both in "Walking Out."

by Anonymousreply 127February 5, 2020 10:33 PM

Interesting, if the relationship is not romantic, the story can be more powerful are 'soulmates', what will be your link? Reviews suggest that Matt's character is really bad.

by Anonymousreply 128February 5, 2020 11:36 PM

He is classically handsome but I get not one ounce of sex appeal from the guy. He’s too perfect and boring and his eyes verge on cray cray at times. Bet if he laid off the Botox and let his hair go gray he’d become much hotter.

by Anonymousreply 129February 5, 2020 11:46 PM

From an ET interview:

[quote]This role required me to not care what other people think in a way that I've never had to do before. You really have to drop all vanity on this show. There's little to no makeup, they shoot you extremely close, they shoot you at all hours. There are a lot of night shoots, there are a lot of big emotional moments that play in the night and it called on me to do and behave in certain ways in front of groups of people that I've never had to do before as an actor, so I really had to just be so invested in the character and where he was at any given moment -- which you're always doing, but on this one in particular, especially as the series goes on, I had to really try to be in the moment and not worry what anyone else thought.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130February 6, 2020 10:06 PM

He has been a busy boy. Back on W&G.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 6, 2020 10:16 PM

Anyone watching The Sinner tonight?

by Anonymousreply 132February 6, 2020 11:11 PM

[quote]He has been a busy boy. Back on W&G.

They called him in while he was shooting the Boys in the Band movie last summer and he went in after a full day of work there just to shoot something so they could have something to close the character out with.

He said that they shot two alternate endings scenes for his character but he doesn't know which they will use.

Sounds like it was just a single scene.

by Anonymousreply 133February 7, 2020 12:59 AM

The Sinner is good. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

by Anonymousreply 134February 7, 2020 2:10 AM

What did you think of the first episode of The Sinner? Matt is a great actor just like Messina

by Anonymousreply 135February 7, 2020 12:02 PM

So I think it’s pretty clear by now, Matt is a very advanced Disney animatronics created in the Imagineering lab. I’m hoping this is there next step in Disney entering the sex robot trade, they need to keep expanding their entertainment platform and sex is one of there last frontiers.

by Anonymousreply 136February 7, 2020 12:07 PM

[135], Honestly, like tons of other actors. Nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 137February 7, 2020 12:40 PM

Matt has good chemistry with Bill Pullman. Messina looked creepy.

by Anonymousreply 138February 7, 2020 12:45 PM

R138 Messina and Matt have chemistry, Nick must be creepy, shows a toxic relationship between Jamie and Nick.

by Anonymousreply 139February 7, 2020 1:46 PM

Good review:

[quote]The Sinner quickly pulls you in with a riveting first episode and gets its hooks in you. The haunting ambience of the show seeps in slowly and runs deep. This season is graced with three strong leads in Pullman, Bomer and Messina and the chemistry between Bomer and Messina is obvious from their first scene together. Messina’s performance as Nick is hypnotic and mesmerizing. Adam Bernstein’s (Fargo, Breaking Bad) direction also builds the intensity as he gives scenes just enough time to breathe while keeping the story moving forward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140February 8, 2020 2:20 AM

It's me! or Simon felt awkward posing with Matt, he looks great but he doesn't want to be there. Matt looks handsome but with a sad look.

by Anonymousreply 141February 8, 2020 4:33 AM

R141, I think he's made it pretty clear over the years that he doesn't want to be the center of attention.

Also I think "The Sinner" is going to be one of his best performances. It's hard to say just after one episode but it's nice seeing him play against type.

by Anonymousreply 142February 8, 2020 4:47 AM

R142 I've been waiting for him to play a psycho for so long! I think he's got a lot of creepy potential.

by Anonymousreply 143February 8, 2020 5:29 AM

He needs help!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144February 8, 2020 11:21 AM

wearing more tanner than Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145February 8, 2020 11:24 AM

Mr Peabody looks visibly uncomfortably next to him. He knows he looks ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146February 8, 2020 11:26 AM

Now I think I understand why he did Anything. He likes the makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147February 8, 2020 11:29 AM

Ridiculous, some comments, Matt's husband is very attractive, he has in his favor not having cosmetic surgery, he looks sexy.

by Anonymousreply 148February 8, 2020 1:31 PM

So much makeup

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149February 8, 2020 8:24 PM

I wonder why he's posting so much more of Simon these days.

by Anonymousreply 150February 9, 2020 12:45 PM

For the same reason someone neurotic about their weight would enjoy posing next to a great big fat person. It’s clear Bomer has entered early middle age with an unhealthy fixation on looking youthful. I bet he already has Meg Ryan’s surgeon in his eyesight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151February 9, 2020 1:16 PM

R150 I'm guessing it's just typical PR. He's got a show to promote and relationship posts on social media always get good numbers and engagement (His IG posts of himself and Simon are frequently his most liked posts).

Equally, he always goes through phases of social media bursts of more private pics. If you look at his posts on IG from the last two years, Simon always crops up a lot more at this time of year than any other time (possibly because of Simon's birthday, award season/Valentine's Day). He literally posted nothing about Simon or the kids from July until the very of end of December (you'd be forgiven for thinking he didn't have a family during that time.).

Could also be overkill/guilt to make up for the fact that he was away working for like 5 months and probably saw very little of his family. If you read any of the interviews about filming The Sinner, he basically said that he was more in his character's head than his own so I can imagine he probably wasnt the greatest father or husband at that time.

by Anonymousreply 152February 9, 2020 1:18 PM

Eww he’s starting to look too feminine with the fillers and tanner. He’d be so much hotter if he’d let him self age more naturally I think. He would make a great serial killer In a movie, however. He has that cold icy stare and pretty eyes.

by Anonymousreply 153February 9, 2020 1:34 PM

Matt will only give voice to Negative Man, it doesn't seem like he's filming this last month. I love Doom Patrol and his character.

by Anonymousreply 154February 9, 2020 2:05 PM

[quote]I'm guessing it's just typical PR. He's got a show to promote and relationship posts on social media always get good numbers and engagement (His IG posts of himself and Simon are frequently his most liked posts).

R152, I would agree with most of this: his pics of him with Simon/his family get more engagement than anything else he posts when he decides to post. However, he's generally been more open about everything since he turned 40. When he posts, he'll post that kind of content.

The "cookie cutter" interviews about doing a soap opera (every. single. interview.) almost two decades ago have gone away in favor of him occasionally actually sounding more human. He'll talk about how they met, he'll talk about his oldest kid, he'll talk about negative experiences acting, he'll talk about politics, he actually has opinions about things etc. Simon is no longer just taking the photo, he's in them. That's not something he would have done a few years ago. He's been much more relaxed and less uptight even off Instagram for a while. (And this is also def because, as you said, he has been disappearing too much & also I think because he cares less as he ages about what people think about that aspect of his life.)

[quote]Matt will only give voice to Negative Man, it doesn't seem like he's filming this last month. I love Doom Patrol and his character.

R154, One of the actresses (the one that plays his wife) and writers implied that he would film something at some point in person. He was briefly there for cast interviews/press that I'm sure will come out later when the show airs. However the show has less episodes this season (so less of everyone) and they can easily get through anything with Matt as Larry in person in a week or less. Fly him in to shoot and then fly him out. With voice overs like this they generally want you there the first season near the producers/directors in the same location. After a show gets started they will generally let actors do voice overs remotely.

I'd also guess since Diane did a lot of press even after the show aired, when everyone else was busy, they'll focus more on Crazy Jane, Elasti-Girl & the new Dorothy Spinner character this year since they focused so much on Negative Man, Cyborg and Robot Man the first season.

by Anonymousreply 155February 9, 2020 2:39 PM

[quote] The "cookie cutter" interviews about doing a soap opera (every. single. interview.) almost two decades ago have gone away.

And I'm so thankful for that. I swear I know the whole thing by heart, intonations and all. If I hear it once again I might have to shoot someone. It's nice to see him more relaxed and with a personality.

I hope we'll see a lot of Negative Man (with or without bandages) in Doom Patrol. He's a great character.

by Anonymousreply 156February 9, 2020 7:48 PM

R156 I think everyone is grateful he has almost retired that soap opera story. Never understood why it was something that was continuously rolled out interviews when it was his first TV job and he done so much other work after. They talked more about the soap opera than they ever did White Collar or his Golden Globe win. So odd.

by Anonymousreply 157February 10, 2020 6:43 AM

R156, He likely had a list of "approved" topics so the soap opera ("a trust fund baby who bet my fraternity brothers that I could be the first to deflower the town virgin ...",) talking about coming from a "small town in semi-rural Texas," & anything related to "Stefani" are always welcome topics to fill time.

I thought it was funny when he was doing press for Papi Chulo and John Butler said he knew he was funny so that was one of the reasons he cast him. When Matt asked him how he knew, John (who wasn't ready for that question) tried to think of an answer and said his talk show appearances. Matt was surprised and started to point out that they are mostly BS but remembered he was doing an interview and just went with it.

by Anonymousreply 158February 10, 2020 7:10 AM

I’d love to see a gay man play Tom Brady. Wonder if that could ever happen.

by Anonymousreply 159February 10, 2020 9:18 AM

In this video you can see Matt's husband, who touches his hands a lot. 😂

by Anonymousreply 160February 10, 2020 10:39 AM

Learn how to post a link already, you troglodyte. You’ve failed multiple times in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 161February 10, 2020 10:43 AM

R161

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162February 10, 2020 12:46 PM

R162 Simon's a fidgety person I'm guessing. I remember seeing an interview with Ang Lee years ago and Simon was in the background and clasping his hands constantly (I suppose it is awkward just standing there doing nothing). He has massive hands lol

by Anonymousreply 163February 10, 2020 2:09 PM

Matt still has a good body.🍑

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164February 12, 2020 12:10 AM

Interesting article.

[quote] “One thing that’s always been a big lure for me is [asking], ‘Am I going to have to get out of my comfort zone to play this part?’ ” he says. “You have opportunities that come your way where you’ve done it before and you know you can do it in a certain way. But certainly with ‘The Sinner,’ I thought, I don’t know how I’m going to do this; I don’t know how I’m going to bring this to life. That scared me—and that’s very appealing. People make entire careers out of just doing what they’re good at, and I respect that. But for some reason, that [fear] is what makes the process exciting to me.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165February 12, 2020 2:27 PM

He has been saying the same goddamn thing in every interview for ten years.

by Anonymousreply 166February 12, 2020 2:30 PM

That look looks amazing, it looks sexy.

by Anonymousreply 167February 12, 2020 2:50 PM

R165 Agree. I don't know much at all about the process of acting. So it was interesting to read not only about the preparation, but also how the use of dream work fitted in to this particular approach. I have a new found admiration for just how much work goes into a performance. So much of what happens to the character Matt plays is in his head, it seems like it would be pretty exhausting to continually have to shift from what's seen and observed by others as to what's felt by the character. He has such expressive eyes that it lends another level all together to that process. Looking forward to the next episode.

by Anonymousreply 168February 12, 2020 6:57 PM

In the same way that they made a movie out of Being John Malkovich, I was be intrigued by a movie entitled Matt Bomer’s Eerie Lineless Face.

by Anonymousreply 169February 12, 2020 7:02 PM

Do you think Matt will do theater soon?

by Anonymousreply 170February 12, 2020 11:59 PM

R170, Based on the HFPA podcast he's starting voice lessons next week and getting ready to possibly do something where he "sings" so either a musical on stage or a musical project.

It wasn't a definite thing but something he "might" get the chance to do.

I also thought it was interesting when he was talking about politics he didn't mention Mayor Pete at all when he was gushing about him earlier and claimed he was still looking for the right candidate. It's not like Pete didn't cancel their "fundraiser" meeting his husband planned with Ryan Murphy and apparently never rescheduled.

He also talked about how busy he was to do other things while being a parent -- but the guy is literally home two months out of the year so I have no clue what he's complaining about.

by Anonymousreply 171February 13, 2020 12:19 AM

Even the threads about Bomer are boring. The dude is just boring. Remember when he got a moment at the Kennedy Center Honors - singing? No, of course not. He's forgettable except when he curls his nose up and runs. He can't furrow his brow, but he'd like to. His talents are not overlooked because he's too good looking. He doesn't have the talent. Or the range. Handsome Matt is not interesting enough to be on a daily soap. Not even when my nana watched everyday. Dude is b l a n d.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172February 13, 2020 12:23 AM

R171 What did he say about his family, about Simon? It's sweet when he talks about them.

by Anonymousreply 173February 13, 2020 12:37 AM

I thought CMU usually turned out good singing actors?

by Anonymousreply 174February 13, 2020 1:00 AM

R173, Nothing he hasn't said before: How kind and loving and accepting and not jealous Simon is and how their kids are great and they all let him go off and do what he wants and how lucky he is. The most unintentionally funny part was when he said something like how "willing to let him have the spotlight" Simon is. It was ultimately a basic interview and the interviewer must have realized she was running out of time because in the last 15 minutes out of 40 or so they suddenly rushed through a bunch of topics. There was nothing new or interesting other than him implying he was doing a music project later this year if it happens.

He did speak very highly of the last Tycoon and Billy Ray so people here implying last year that he probably was annoyed by him were again wrong.

by Anonymousreply 175February 13, 2020 1:25 AM

The remark about letting him have the spotlight and not being possessive felt like it was a problem in a previous relationship. I wonder what the rebellious phase with the friend that "made him feel alive" was like. Also he did say he didn't like being the center of attention but was good at faking it for PR.

by Anonymousreply 176February 13, 2020 1:44 AM

Where are you, troll? In this interview, Matt says he is “almost kind of on the spectrum.” There used to be tons of speculation about that on here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177February 13, 2020 1:58 AM

Duckling fell from the top of the spectrum tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Then he found a beautiful broken branch and stared at it for HOURS.

And no I am not going to listen to that interview which makes it clear he talks about fucking Guiding Light again.

by Anonymousreply 178February 13, 2020 2:20 AM

R176 his remarks about Simon are always very telling. In particular when he said that he's supportive in his crazy ways, let's him have the spotlight and understands him as a person and as an actor. It's always very much "this is how he serves me and caters to me'. Never any real gratitude for the probably equal sacrifices on Simon's part when Matt is on set doing his bullshit method acting or his ability as a father. Very few compliments about Simon that dont centre around Matt himself.

by Anonymousreply 179February 13, 2020 3:17 AM

The first time I visited my chiropractor, he asked me if I had MS? I said no, not at all. He said then stop perching your head and freaking your face like Matt Bomer does @ R177.

by Anonymousreply 180February 13, 2020 3:36 AM

[quote]In particular when he said that he's supportive in his crazy ways, let's him have the spotlight and understands him as a person and as an actor. It's always very much "this is how he serves me and caters to me'.

It's not that odd. This is standard for most actors. That's why usually the ones with the longest relationships are actors who are married to normal people or at least people who don't mind not being in the spotlight. The ones who are married to other actors are usually with ones who don't do much acting anymore. It's hard to compete with a partner.

[quote]I wonder what the rebellious phase with the friend that "made him feel alive" was like.

He said it was in middle school so it couldn't have been all that interesting. Maybe he once stole an ear of corn before he lead his prayer group?

by Anonymousreply 181February 13, 2020 4:01 AM

R181 I can understand him appreciating not having to deal with compete in a relationship but yeah, even a brief comment about Simon himself would have been interesting rather than just how Simon serves his own needs. To each their own I guess.

He said in a previous podcast that he was smoking at 14 or when he was 16 he snuck out with his friends in his dad's car. He's introverted yes but I'm sure he got up to all kinds of shit when he was younger too. Someone can be quiet and relatively innocent but still do things you wouldn't expect them to.

by Anonymousreply 182February 13, 2020 4:27 AM

Oh, that Matt is a wicked boy. Some fanfreak came here. Funny thing is that not many people have much bad to say about Matt Bomer. How could you? He's not as remarkable as a pimple. But some fan freak has to make him into the next James Dean or Monty Clift. And Matt is just a dumb guy who got parts because he's exceptionally goodlooking. He's holding on to that. He came out as gay when he didn't get cast as Superman someone told me? That's hilarious. Matt Bomer would make a better Ted Bundy to be honest. With contact lenses of course. He's a tall man who looks small, a handsome man who looks creepy, a nice guy who seems remote. Evil and banality appear the same.

by Anonymousreply 183February 13, 2020 4:39 AM

Matt, where will he be now? He didn't go to any party after the Oscars, he published a photograph with his co-star in what looked like a cinema.

by Anonymousreply 184February 13, 2020 11:18 AM

Photos do not do Bomer justice. I’d see photos and think, eh. But when I finally saw him on my hi def tv, his beauty jumped off the screen and grabbed me by the throat (Mary!).

Whatever he’s doing he should keep doing.

by Anonymousreply 185February 13, 2020 11:28 AM

R184, Why would he go to an Oscar party? He's mostly a TV actor. Going to those events is work for these people. Seemed like he was at home looking at Simon on Twitter. He was probably at a Sinner screening/event last night. There was reserved seating with people's names on them behind the pair. He implied he was taking it easy this year.

by Anonymousreply 186February 13, 2020 4:41 PM

Hoping the second season of Doom Patrol is as good as he says. First season was such a great surprise and set the bar pretty high.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187February 13, 2020 8:57 PM

Matt worked in two shows at the same time. The sinner and Doom Patrol, we didn't know. It is positive that there are fewer episodes of Doom Patrol, so the story will be more agile.

by Anonymousreply 188February 13, 2020 11:52 PM

R178 There is no talk of Guiding Light in that interview at R177, just FYI.

by Anonymousreply 189February 14, 2020 3:02 AM

Matt has been at the Vanity Fair party for other years, this year it was Ryan Murphy and many AHS actors, he was surely taking care of his children while Simon works.

by Anonymousreply 190February 14, 2020 1:07 PM

I want to know what singing part he his hoping for. Anybody have a clue?

by Anonymousreply 191February 15, 2020 2:45 AM

R191 Broadway perhaps? He mentioned during an interview at the Golden Globes that he may do some theatre later on in the year. Seems like the most likely project. Most likely be announced within the next few months anyway.

by Anonymousreply 192February 15, 2020 4:28 AM

R190, He last went 3 years ago.

R192, I wasn't entirely sure if he was just responding to the interviewer who listed that he acts, directs, etc. and he threw in he may do a little Broadway too.

I'd guess it's either Broadway or he might be a cast member in Ryan Murphy's next project, a 10 episode series for "A Chorus Line." That is if it happens since he keeps saying, "might."

Even when he couldn't say he was doing "The Boys in the Band" he did confirm that he'd definitely be doing theater.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193February 15, 2020 8:18 AM

R191 R192 R193 I think it's a project, but it wouldn't be related to Murphy, I would work with a team of very prolific people at the moment, it's just assumptions.

by Anonymousreply 194February 15, 2020 12:03 PM

there's some kind of blankness in his expression. seems cultivated, too.

weird

by Anonymousreply 195February 15, 2020 12:56 PM

I don't know how The Sinner will develop, but the casting choice is almost perfect, Matt Bomer and Chris Messina are perfect in the story.

by Anonymousreply 196February 15, 2020 2:45 PM

I think the role of an innocuous, kind of boring man with a really dark side is perfect for Bomer. Messina has a lot of presence and charisma, I was surprised to see he's actually pretty short in real life.

by Anonymousreply 197February 15, 2020 3:03 PM

Only two episodes in to The Sinner and already its intense as hell. Matt is excellent in this role and already his character is a falling apart. The next few episodes should be interesting. No wonder he lost his voice once they finished filming

by Anonymousreply 198February 15, 2020 3:07 PM

The play that was presented on Broadway with Matt is the same as the 70's movie? I want to say that the same story is on stage as the movie's story.

by Anonymousreply 199February 15, 2020 7:20 PM

He looks really good on The Sinner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200February 15, 2020 9:06 PM

R200 Totally. In his interview he says they mostly shot him with little to no makeup. The shirtless scene in the ER shows how fit and toned he remains. And then there’s that sex scene with his wife Leela, equal parts disturbing and hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 201February 15, 2020 9:26 PM

R201, You can tell he's wearing little to no makeup on his face and even his body. In the pregnant, angry, "buttcrack" sex scene you can even see a blotch on his back they didn't cover up. They didn't look like they were trying to pose him to look as sexy as possible even if he was. Of course it's weird knowing they shot this show episode by episode in order so he could lose weight and destroy that. He is the best version of 42 you could possibly look. I think he looks way better here than he does in his "Ken Doll" media appearances when he's buried in a sea of makeup.

[quote]I think the role of an innocuous, kind of boring man with a really dark side is perfect for Bomer.

John Butler said that Matt is very aware of what his strengths and weaknesses are as an actor. He gets to play the hot, charming, somewhat bland guy here (which he is good at). It works well to prevent people from suspecting him as a person who probably murdered people and is likely a psychopath. Whatever crimes his character committed Bill Pullman said it is "repugnant" when we find out.

As for what he might be doing where he "sings," I'd be very worried for him on Broadway (if it's even that) if he was the one carrying the show. There's a big difference between him doing a one off performance, singing a produced audio track for an episode of a show or him singing in the shower versus singing almost every single night, multiple times a day for weeks on end for a group of critics who are used to hearing people who do that all the time. The man lost his voice during the end of Sinner and did press speaking somewhere between his normal speaking voice and a whisper. Hopefully he's being safe.

by Anonymousreply 202February 15, 2020 10:05 PM

R199 Yeah, it's the same.

by Anonymousreply 203February 15, 2020 10:14 PM

😍😍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204February 15, 2020 10:24 PM

His eyes look really crazy these days. He should try getting some eyelid work done. They open up too much and you can see the whole iris and it looks like he’s on coke.

by Anonymousreply 205February 15, 2020 10:46 PM

OK, after the chatter about The Sinner I watched the first two episodes. Some questions, is it a supernatural show, or is there something else going on? Is each season about one of the deadly sins, and if so do we know which one this is? Dorchester to me is Massachusetts, but they’ve clearly said it’s Hudson River Valley with the metro north train and NYC. Why didn’t the use a real town, and since not which one is it supposed to be mirroring? They did, mention that Messina’s character’s hotel was in Irvington so it was weird to use a real town with the fake. I do think the set dresser got the boho chic Brooklynites moving to the suburbs interior right with the new house.

by Anonymousreply 206February 16, 2020 12:20 AM

Not a supernatural show and not about the deadly sins. Each season is about a crime and we know who is the culprit/the sinner straight away but the show is about finding why they did it.

by Anonymousreply 207February 16, 2020 12:31 AM

R202 From what he’s said, he is almost obsessive in his preparation for a role. So if he’s doing a Broadway show, I feel pretty sure he will do the vocal work it takes to turn in a credible performance. He’s had some experience in his early career with the Spring Awakening workshops and I believe he was initially cast in Thoroughly Modern Millie. This time he was also voicing Doom Patrol, while working on the Sinner, that would take a toll on anyone. Hopefully he can devote his entire energies to this new gig. Speaking of Doom Patrol , his cover of Kelly Clarkson’s “People Like Us” in Danny Patrol received critical acclaim.

by Anonymousreply 208February 16, 2020 12:48 AM

[quote]He’s had some experience in his early career with the Spring Awakening workshops and I believe he was initially cast in Thoroughly Modern Millie.

He did a summer Sundance Lab for Spring Awakening where they tested things and worked out what the show might one day be ... 20 years ago in 2000.

He was cast in Thoroughly Modern Millie but the show was held off twice and then he dropped it before it could happen. When it did happen he passed and went to do Guiding Light.

That's hardly the pace of what he'd have to do on Broadway.

[quote]his cover of Kelly Clarkson’s “People Like Us” in Danny Patrol received critical acclaim.

Singing live every night is very different than singing in a studio where producers can tweak the sound. He worked on that at most a day. Also doing Doom Patrol and the Sinner at the same time still isn't the the pace he'd need to do Broadway. He'd probably do more speaking giving a speech than he'd do sitting around for hours then shooting a few lines of dialogue for a few takes on a tv series or doing a voice over.

I have no doubt he'll do his best if this is what he's doing at all but it will test him.

by Anonymousreply 209February 16, 2020 1:53 AM

If he is doing a Broadway musical then I'm sure he'll be fine. Yes, it's quite taxing on the body and the voice but he's an experienced actor. A musical is a different beast altogether but he's put himself through the trenches for other roles so I doubt it's going to be the challenge of a lifetime. Besides, it would probably would be a nice change for him to do a fun singing role considering how intense The Sinner was for him . You'd hope he wouldn't lose weight for the part either. He's done it for so many roles you wonder how long his body will be able to keep up with it.

by Anonymousreply 210February 16, 2020 9:35 AM

After seeing him in TBITB, I'm not so sure the stage is where he belongs- even if that's what he studied for. He was okay, but he doesn't have a great stage presence, but maybe he just paled when acting alongside such seasoned/big personality type actors.

by Anonymousreply 211February 16, 2020 1:26 PM

R211 I thought he was good in Boys In the Band. His character was meant to sort of fade into the background in the second half of the play and didnt have as many good lines or arcs as the other characters. That's his only Broadway role so far so I'd need to see him in a more meatier part before I'd rate his theatre cred.

by Anonymousreply 212February 16, 2020 4:10 PM

R211, I thought he was okay in TBITB but the only reason anyone really remembers what he did was because he got naked on stage. Then he disappeared mostly for the second half of the play. He didn't get slammed for his performance but he didn't get praise either from critics for anything other than being beautiful which has nothing to do with his acting talent. He didn't get to do enough to be critiqued for his acting.

R210, He lost his voice before he performed at the Kennedy Center Honors and told that story about how they had to give him a shot a steroids in his neck too before he performed. That was just one performance. So the Sinner isn't the first time he has lost his voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213February 16, 2020 4:53 PM

They talked about Matt's beauty, other actors were criticized. It is a work of several characters, the main one was Jim. He was given that character exactly because he is handsome. In The Normal Heart, now in The Sinner shows that he is a talented and committed actor.

by Anonymousreply 214February 16, 2020 5:42 PM

R211 His character was supposed to be pretty and wallflower-y, not really an opportunity to show off. But I bet he could be good.

by Anonymousreply 215February 16, 2020 5:44 PM

And it looks like he has another project to work on.

He plays the "handsome neighbor" in a movie about a woman who learns about the AIDS epidemic called "The Book of Ruth."

Nice to see he's stretching himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216February 17, 2020 8:08 PM

AIDS? Again?

All he needs now is to play a Transgender with AIDS and the circle will be complete!

by Anonymousreply 217February 17, 2020 8:19 PM

R216 oh God, hopefully not another role where he loses like 40 pounds. There's no way he wont do so much damage to his health if that's the case.

by Anonymousreply 218February 17, 2020 9:12 PM

R216, he already said he was told to stop doing it after the first time he did it after "The Normal Heart" and yet here we are.

I can already see the articles:

"I talked to the director and we agreed with my decision I made for myself to go on a very calorie limited diet to play the role of a hot neighbor in Arkansas who is grieving."

by Anonymousreply 219February 17, 2020 10:01 PM

He went on a fasting diet / did weight loss for:

- "The Normal Heart" but that made sense although he clearly went too far even in his own words.

- "The Last Tycoon" because Monroe had a "heart condition" and was "too busy to eat."

- "The Boys in the Band" when asked what he was doing to prepare for his nude scene the whole cast in unison said he didn't eat. We saw him. His face was angular and he looked like a stick with a butt.

- "The Sinner" because his character is going through trauma or something?

Thank goodness Papi Chulo only shot for a month.

by Anonymousreply 220February 17, 2020 10:16 PM

Every time he does radio/podcast interviews he talks very low and sultry and it makes me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 221February 17, 2020 11:11 PM

R221 I’m confused, do you mean in a good way?

by Anonymousreply 222February 17, 2020 11:20 PM

It really is a catch 22 for out gay actors. The LGBTQ community advocated years for out gay actors representation onscreen, rightfully so. Especially when films featured an LGBTQ lead such as Dallas Buyer's Club etc. Now that out gay actors are finally being considered for those roles and being cast , some complain they are being relegated to only playing gay roles. Or that if they take these roles, they are limiting themselves or lack the ambition or talent to breakout beyond being stereotyped. However, on the other hand, very few opportunities exist for out gay actors to headline other roles. I'm pretty sure Matt would be eager to be cast as the lead in an action hero movie or a rom com. He's a talented actor, I'd say as talented as a Chris Pratt, yet he would never be considered for an Indiana Jones or to headline Jurassic Park or a Marvel franchise, because of the homophobia in the markets that determine profitability. Over the years he's started to open up a bit about the costs of being an out gay actor for him and the liming role it's played on his career. It doesn't seem to be in his character, but I wish he would talk more about it as time goes on, probably is also impolitic to have this conversation when still needing to make a living as an actor in that environment.

My hunch is that the new AIDS themed film won't be repeat of his character in Normal Heart. With whatever opportunities have come his way, he seems to find roles that are diverse. He says he likes to challenge himself and stretch. So hopefully this role will be an opportunity to bring another different character to life.

by Anonymousreply 223February 18, 2020 5:53 PM

R223 His character will not have AIDS, his character creates awareness in Ruth about the epidemic, he will be an activist. It is what I understand from the synopsis of the story.

by Anonymousreply 224February 18, 2020 7:54 PM

eerie lineless face? you mean an unusually beautiful male face?

by Anonymousreply 225February 18, 2020 9:36 PM

Apparently, Matt is filming Doom Patrol, based on his last tweet, I especially liked the first season, a pleasant surprise.

by Anonymousreply 226February 19, 2020 12:50 AM

R226, He's been doing voice overs in NYC and Los Angeles for the past few months. He has said he sees the scripts episode by episode (they don't apparently shoot out of order) even if he's not there & even talked about S2 during the Sinner promo.

The only way to tell when he is in Atlanta is if he's spotted. He should be at some point but it looks like he gave himself a break so he can do promo and rest while just doing voice overs until he has to shoot. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 227February 19, 2020 2:54 AM

He went to a premier for a self help guru’s filLm

That is peak Bomer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228February 19, 2020 2:38 PM

Some of the camera angles make Matt’s legs look really skinny compared to his chest and head.

by Anonymousreply 229February 19, 2020 11:12 PM

Article in Backstage with different photos than his usual and an interesting interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230February 20, 2020 3:48 PM

Collider article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231February 20, 2020 3:57 PM

[quote]Our conversation eventually takes him back to his first film, the Jodie Foster–starring “Flightplan” in 2005, and one particular lesson gleaned from his days on set. Recalling how the makeup of the set—a literal airplane—allowed for everyone to look on during Foster’s rehearsals, Bomer says that someone advised him point-blank during that downtime to “take every job that’s offered to you.” He’s never forgotten it. “I’m really glad that woman told me that, because I took her advice and I just started taking, pretty much, whatever gigs came my way,” he says, citing bombed auditions for “Tarzan” on Broadway, his unlikely day player stint on soap opera “Guiding Light,” and his much-reported—but sadly never realized—casting as the Man of Steel.

This is actually wildly false, because once he got together with Halls he became extremely picky and only went out to work during pilot season. Guiding Light and Superman were also years before Flightplan.

by Anonymousreply 232February 20, 2020 3:58 PM

R232 very true. Even looking at his acting credits he did very little TV work before Travelers. Most actors have random episodes of of different TV shows on their CV yet he worked quite sparingly throughout those years. Between the second half of 04 to 07 he had like, on average one film per year and one pilot.

by Anonymousreply 233February 20, 2020 8:59 PM

The kids were babies then, weren’t they?

by Anonymousreply 234February 20, 2020 9:48 PM

The had a nanny.

by Anonymousreply 235February 20, 2020 10:06 PM

[quote]This is actually wildly false, because once he got together with Halls he became extremely picky and only went out to work during pilot season.

[quote]Between the second half of 04 to 07 he had like, on average one film per year and one pilot.

"Picky" doesn't make sense because we don't know how many auditions he went on and didn't get. You only see the stuff he booked that was at high enough profile to be recognized

We also don't know exactly what he said after that sentence.

He also could have also easily done voice over work again and you wouldn't know it since that's not usually kept track of (especially back then) unless it's a mega movie. He never talks about being a guest teaching instructor and only briefly mentioned that he did the Groundlings but no interviewer ever really bothers to ask him about it. We also know of very few projects he was attached to but didn't happen when in reality that happens to actors quite a lot.

(He's never really talked about being a janitor either but only mentioned it briefly years ago.)

by Anonymousreply 236February 20, 2020 10:10 PM

The Sinner is getting creepy. Very intense.

by Anonymousreply 237February 21, 2020 4:11 AM

I didn't understand Matt's answer in the Andrew Rannells post, let's read between the lines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238February 21, 2020 4:37 AM

R237 Totally. That scene where Nick shows up and asks Jamie for the baby had my heart in my throat. Wow. Matt is absolutely killing it as Jamie Burns.

by Anonymousreply 239February 21, 2020 6:05 AM

[quote]I didn't understand Matt's answer in the Andrew Rannells post, let's read between the lines.

He wrote: "Miss you too Tuc!"

He likely thought Tuc posted it and not Andrew since Tuc is in the center of the picture? Maybe he meant Andrew but said Tuc since Andrew and Tuc are a couple in real life? Maybe it's a joke?

There's nothing really to read between the lines about. He's not going to openly dis the entire cast - especially Jim Parsons. Goodness.

by Anonymousreply 240February 21, 2020 8:06 AM

It can be interpreted in several ways, I do not think he was wrong in who uploaded the post, maybe he is joking with the answer. I read on the networks that Matt and Sarah Paulson will be responsible for presenting an award to Ryan Murphy (New York). Matt is not one of Murphy's favorites, surely Billy Porter is busy that day. The Sinner, has always been a great series little valued by the public and critics (first season, the second season is a disaster), the third season so far is going very well.

by Anonymousreply 241February 21, 2020 11:15 AM

Matt’s performance isn The Sinner is compelling, but I’m confused. What happened to those security guards at the hospital at the end of S3E3? Ambrose asked for them and they showed up and then they were just gone when Jamie ran. Also, shouldn’t someone have called his wife?

by Anonymousreply 242February 21, 2020 11:56 AM

R241, He's the husband of his longtime publicist & friend who will likely also be there. I don't think it's that he isn't one of his favorites. I think he's just smart enough to not always work with him. He was never going to get to play a role like Jamie on The Sinner just working for Murphy.

R242, I'd guess that once he went to talk to the therapist there was no need for them. He's also an adult so bringing his wife into it, especially while she's pregnant doesn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 243February 21, 2020 5:06 PM

R242 Until the psychiatrist issued an emergency commitment (72 hour hold) Jamie was free to leave; security could not prevent him. They may have stayed closer, had Ambrose not come in with him, his police presence making Jamie seem less of a threat. This episode was really frightening, much more so for me then past episodes of the Sinner. I was literally on the edge of my seat when Jamie was with the baby and trying to protect him from Nick/Jamie. When he turned the baby over, OMG. I can't say enough about what a beautiful performance Matt is turning in as Jamie. From the scene on the train where he simply radiates malice to the jerk from the parking lot, to the joy and awe at the birth of the baby, then to the broken and wrecked man on his knees turning his baby over to Leela, is just a joy to watch.

by Anonymousreply 244February 21, 2020 6:46 PM

This was so creepy and unsettling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245February 21, 2020 10:29 PM

Was Matt's husband a publicist for Zachary Quinto?

by Anonymousreply 246February 23, 2020 10:54 PM

Long ago.

by Anonymousreply 247February 23, 2020 11:25 PM

Let's talk about how handsome these two are. Matt painted his hair looks black, like freshly painted? I thought I was filming Doom Patrol! He is with her husband, who looks very sexy in this photo. I think they are in Puerto Vallarta, I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248February 27, 2020 1:08 PM

Simon looks really good. Hot and happy. Great smile.

by Anonymousreply 249February 27, 2020 1:15 PM

Simon looks really good. Hot and happy. Great smile.

by Anonymousreply 250February 27, 2020 1:15 PM

R49 Simon's smile that rarely shows her, surely we owe it to Matt, who also looks good.

by Anonymousreply 251February 27, 2020 1:40 PM

I guess he wasn't kidding when he said he was taking a bit of a break this year. I'm shocked he's been with his family for more than a month.

R251, No offense but why are you still calling him a her/she? You know his pronouns. It's just creepy.

by Anonymousreply 252February 27, 2020 7:08 PM

Yeah the he/her is kind of breaking my brain.

by Anonymousreply 253February 27, 2020 7:29 PM

R252 its probably because English is not the 1st language. Like the post before that referred to hair being painted rather than dyed.

by Anonymousreply 254February 29, 2020 9:13 AM

R252 its probably because English is not the 1st language. Like the post before that referred to hair being painted rather than dyed.

by Anonymousreply 255February 29, 2020 9:13 AM

WTF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256March 4, 2020 3:28 AM

Matt was recently photographed with a copy of Thomas Mallon's novel "Fellow Travelers." It has been turned into a two act musical play. I wonder if this might be the project he was referring to, when he referenced the possibility of singing in a professional capacity later this year. That would really be interesting, The novel is terrific.

by Anonymousreply 257March 5, 2020 6:00 PM

My eyes are bleeding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258March 5, 2020 10:41 PM

That looks like something a mentally challenged man who was let loose in the Beverly Center with a credit card and told to buy himself some clothes, would come up with for an outfit.

by Anonymousreply 259March 5, 2020 10:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260March 5, 2020 10:50 PM

It's a Valentino outfit. I hate everything about it. The stripey pants, the green shoes and that horrendous shirt. I want to set it on fire. I can't believe that thing costs almost a thousand bucks.

by Anonymousreply 261March 5, 2020 11:18 PM

R257, I don't think he's going to go from not singing professionally regularly to doing a [bold]full opera[/bold] every night unless he is completely insane.

He reads a lot of gay books. He has posted tons of them. It's possible he's was just reading it to pass the time before his meeting. (It might make a great movie adaptation though.)

R261, The outfits are all way too much and way too loud but something tells me that's really how he likes to dress when left on his own.

by Anonymousreply 262March 6, 2020 12:41 AM

R262 I agree it’s pretty ambitious and would take a hell of a lot of training and work. That being said, he does seem willing to go to extremes to prepare and commit to a role. I think he’s a good singer, whether or not he has the specific talent for this is an open question. It’s not a traditional opera , it was planned to be more accessible and relatable to wider audiences. A lot of it involves duets and the blending of voices. Can it be adapted to work for non operatic singers.? Anyway, it’s an interesting speculation; maybe not as much as his fashion choices.

by Anonymousreply 263March 6, 2020 5:39 AM

[quote]It’s not a traditional opera , it was planned to be more accessible and relatable to wider audiences. A lot of it involves duets and the blending of voices

All of it is opera. If someone is sitting on a bench they are singing opera. If someone is picking up a glass of wine they are singing opera. If someone is looking into a file cabinet they are singing opera about looking into the file cabinet. They never stop singing.

The accessible aspect of it is the setting since it's not in Italy in the 1800s and it's about a topic operas aren't normally about but otherwise it's a traditional opera.

If you haven't seen it you can find a lot of it on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 264March 6, 2020 8:44 AM

In the stories on Instagram that Matt's oldest son uploads, you can see a little about the real life of an actor in his house.

by Anonymousreply 265March 6, 2020 12:45 PM

In the stories on Instagram that Matt's oldest son uploads, you can see a little about the real life of an actor in his house.

by Anonymousreply 266March 6, 2020 12:45 PM

I'm... Not sure about that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267April 8, 2020 9:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!