Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jane Elliot Returns!

Just in time to bring us some Q-style holiday cheer, hopefully with a hefty helping of mayhem, merriment and, if we're really lucky, murder! (Lookin' at you, Nelle)

I do hope she leaves that geriatric gigolo back in Amsterdam, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334January 23, 2020 6:43 AM

Have they said how long her visit will last? I'm really liking her new blond hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 22, 2019 12:13 AM

Tyler C. thread pay-walled, btw. If one of you dear sweeties who subscribe could put a link for us over there, that would be faboo.

by Anonymousreply 2December 22, 2019 12:57 AM

I think I read somewhere that Jane was back for only a few weeks. And I’m still hearing that KeMo is on recurring...

by Anonymousreply 3December 22, 2019 1:01 AM

Pictures of GH Holiday Party courtesy of Hudson West. That's Mumbling Mo's son in the first picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 22, 2019 1:02 AM

From the other thread:

[quote]That is why I hate the ratings, whenever the show seems to be improving, the ratings slide down, but when it is a shit show they stay the same or even increase.

Could be a case of unfortunate timing. Just as the show was really heating up, the impeachment hearings came along and put a wet blanket on it.

by Anonymousreply 5December 22, 2019 1:33 AM

Thank you for starting this one OP. I'm one who was locked out. I appreciate it. I too do hope someone goes who can post to the old one let's everyone know we're here. We made to over 500 posts in like a couple of weeks and that old one will be lucky to see 600 by July.

by Anonymousreply 6December 22, 2019 2:04 AM

I agree with the poster in the previous thread. The show is getting better. I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 2 weeks.. It's no longer a chore to watch. It usually takes 3-4 months for new writers to wrap up the previous mess & have their new direction firmly in place. DOC/CVE are ahead of that curve. I'm enjoying about 85% of the show now & haven't been able to say that in ages.

Now if NV/FV would just let the HWs do their job without interfering.

by Anonymousreply 7December 22, 2019 12:38 PM

The show has been better because there's been less Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 8December 23, 2019 2:19 AM

We are already 2 episodes behind due to the Idiot in Chief. ABC is stupid if they don't air a new episode tomorrow to try & catch up.

by Anonymousreply 9December 23, 2019 12:25 PM

No, I saw on Twitter the morons at GH are airing that ridiculous Christmas Carol episode. I won't be watching. I hate shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 10December 23, 2019 2:56 PM

I thought Jane Elliot was long dead. Don't know why...

by Anonymousreply 11December 23, 2019 3:28 PM

Does anyone happen to know what her first airdate is/was?

Not a fan of current GH but I will watch Ms. Eillot's scenes for sure.

by Anonymousreply 12December 23, 2019 3:32 PM

Her first air date was supposed to be 12/20 but it was delayed due to the Trump pre-emptions.

by Anonymousreply 13December 23, 2019 4:29 PM

On Friday I thought we were going to find Nelle dead after Brad left her room. She’d be dead, Brad goes to jail, Lucas regains consciousness and doesn’t remember that Brad told him Michael is Wiley’s dad. The kid stays with Lucas for a while longer delaying the nauseating, inevitable reunion with the Corinthos clan.

by Anonymousreply 14December 23, 2019 5:44 PM

[quote]Does anyone happen to know what her first airdate is/was?

Today!

by Anonymousreply 15December 23, 2019 7:26 PM

We know she won't be singing "Send in the Clowns".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 23, 2019 7:42 PM

Probably one of "GH's" best scenes R16 in the past five years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 23, 2019 7:43 PM

R15

Due to Trump's interruptions Tracy's arrival is out of order. The show today is actually Tracy's second day. Thursday will see her actually arrive home to a completely revamped Q Mansion. Needless to say she will not be thrilled that Monica redid it.

by Anonymousreply 18December 23, 2019 9:35 PM

She was at the very end of today.

by Anonymousreply 19December 23, 2019 9:39 PM

Frohe Weihnachten, meine Lieben!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 23, 2019 9:51 PM

R18 Why didn't the air them in order? The Christmas Carol episode would have been better for a Christmas Eve show anyway. Didn't the reading of the Twas The night before Christmas on GH used to air on Christmas Eve, or the weekday closest to Christmas? I remember, as a child, wrapping presents while watching Dr. Hardy read it, and we always wrap our presents on Christmas Eve.

by Anonymousreply 21December 25, 2019 4:19 AM

Sorry, I just realized they didn't air a new episode on Christmas Eve. I don't know why they do this, Y&R and DOOL are airing new episodes all week.

by Anonymousreply 22December 25, 2019 4:48 AM

So on Tuesday 12/24/19 there was no new episode? It was a repeat episode? And here I was so pissed that my DVR screwed up and didn't record GH. I hate watching on Demand or on the ABC website. There is no way to ff'd the commercials, especially annoying since now the show is more than half commercials.

I thought the 12/24 show was going to be the one where we see Tracy first come home, a new show.

by Anonymousreply 23December 25, 2019 2:37 PM

I never bought the Tracy/Luke relationship. Eliot and Geary have zero charisma as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 24December 25, 2019 2:41 PM

R74

Tracy and Luke should've just been frenemie & buddies who stirred up shit. Instead we had 2 actors whose close off screen friendship led to them pushing for an on screen pairing.

by Anonymousreply 25December 25, 2019 3:49 PM

R24 I thought they worked great as a couple. Towards the end the only two other people he had chemistry with was Skye and Helena. And Skye was too old, and he could never be with Helena. Plus Tracy was wonderful with Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 26December 25, 2019 4:30 PM

R26 Luke and Tracy are the Jack & Karen ("Will & Grace") of "GH".

by Anonymousreply 27December 26, 2019 1:15 PM

Liked Luke and Skye together!

by Anonymousreply 28December 26, 2019 1:24 PM

^^^

I loved Luke & Blaze.

by Anonymousreply 29December 26, 2019 4:57 PM

Luke & Hutch 4Evuh!

by Anonymousreply 30December 26, 2019 6:16 PM

R30 No, Sally/Max & Luke forever! They can swap dresses!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 26, 2019 7:20 PM

I liked Luke and Felicia's friendship, before it went disastrously romantic.

by Anonymousreply 32December 26, 2019 8:45 PM

Whatever is happening to Peter in that scene I hope it's fatal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 26, 2019 9:40 PM

The new decor at the Quartermaine mansion has zero personality and not an ounce of life whatsoever. It looks more like a typical upscale hotel than a home. There are a bunch of phony art reproductions (which no rich person would even have) and not a single family photo. It as if Edward, Lila, Alan, AJ and Emily have been erased. This is not progress!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 26, 2019 10:03 PM

I agree r34 but it's not exactly even upscale hotel. It's more like infomercial set or a party room you can rent if you live in a a hi-rise.

by Anonymousreply 35December 26, 2019 10:55 PM

Luke should have remained FRIENDS with Felicia and Anna. The romances were gross!

Tracy should have been more of his adversary.

In later years, I would have loved for more Luke and Ava scenes!!! They could have worked together more.

As for the love of Luke’s life - I felt Skye was a great option for his twilight years. They understood each other in a way no one else did.

Sorry but Laura always deserves better than her rapist!

by Anonymousreply 36December 26, 2019 11:20 PM

The redo at the Q's looks like it all came from IKEA.

by Anonymousreply 37December 27, 2019 12:33 AM

Shut up about Luke TG already ffs. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 38December 27, 2019 12:35 AM

^^^^

Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 39December 27, 2019 7:22 AM

Like them of not but Franco/Liz are the only pairing on this show with chemistry. Herbst & Howarth have effortless chem that makes it easy to believe Franco/Liz are crazy about each other. Plus, the kids all shine with them.

WTF is going on with Kirsten. She is a gigantic mess.

It's a joy to have Jane back. I can't wait to see what Tracy has in store.

by Anonymousreply 40December 27, 2019 11:16 AM

The original Quartermain set was quite different than what we've been seeing for the past 20+ years. I thought (and am probably wrong) that the family moved to the other wing (where Grant and Celia lived for a while) and had the foyer re-done. It hasn't looked the same in years. I have the episodes where Alan brought staff members from GH over for a party (sometime in 1979; a pregnant Monica was apparently bedridden), and that set remained until the early 90's.

by Anonymousreply 41December 27, 2019 1:03 PM

The new set isn’t great, but I am encouraged that TPTB went to the trouble and expense of investing in the Quartermaine set. That coupled with the return of Brooke Lynn and briefly Tracy has me hoping that they are finally going to provide more focus on the Qs.

by Anonymousreply 42December 27, 2019 1:21 PM

I don't understand why they make huge changes to iconic sets. Wealthy people buy iconic, well made pieces that last generations. If they make changes, they are subtle. A new sitting chair. A new couch. New end tables. But only if needed. I get it, sets have to be smaller and more easy to take down and put up, plus you need extra space for the Corinthos kitchen set.

I know that Days doesn't have a budget, but that Horton living room set has remained consistent. It's gotten smaller, but the essence is still there. If you have watched the show for a while you can spot the changes, but the set still looks close enough to the original so it doesn't piss fans off.

by Anonymousreply 43December 27, 2019 1:42 PM

The new set doesn’t seem smaller than the previous one, just a different style. However, the staircase seems to change position every time we see it.

by Anonymousreply 44December 27, 2019 1:51 PM

R44 Sort of like Igor's hump in "Young Frankenstein"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 27, 2019 2:18 PM

Of course Sam gets paroled on Christmas Day.

by Anonymousreply 46December 27, 2019 7:07 PM

I haven't watched GH since the mid aughts. But I might start up again. When does it even come on? It's 3:30 here and the Kelly Clarkson show is on?

by Anonymousreply 47December 27, 2019 7:30 PM

It’s on at 2pm EST

by Anonymousreply 48December 27, 2019 7:54 PM

Thanks R48. I had lived in 5 different states between 1991-2002, and it was always on from 3-4 EST

by Anonymousreply 49December 27, 2019 8:14 PM

R48

It depends on where you live. Part of the country gets it at 2pE. Another part gets it at 3pE. The West Coast gets it at 2pP. Check your TiVO

by Anonymousreply 50December 27, 2019 8:48 PM

I like the new Q mansion except the foyer needs a round table with a floral arrangement of something. The foyer is huge without something in the center.

I really like the new living room. It's much brighter & roomier. SOD did an article discussing the revamp. I haven't read it but according to Twitter the new HW wants to make the Qs a bigger part of the show & it said there would be some returns to beef them up

As far as sets not changing sometimes they just wear out. I remember a couple years ago Becky Herbst said Liz's original house was ditched because everything was so wore out & held together with a wing & a prayer.

by Anonymousreply 51December 27, 2019 8:54 PM

It's so funny to see this thread. I just watched an old "Barnaby Jones" last night (from 1975 I think) featuring Jane Elliott. I'd never really heard of her before (I don't watch soap operas) and thought she looked just like Kim Cattrall.

by Anonymousreply 52December 27, 2019 10:44 PM

They need to do SOMETHING to make the show interesting. Bring back Carliavati!

by Anonymousreply 53December 27, 2019 11:36 PM

R49 Until The Revolution, the horrible show that replaced OLTL, was cancelled, GH was at 3:00 where it had been for most of it's run, Dec 1963-July 1976, and then from Jan 1978-2012(from 1976-1978 they were at 3:15, when they ran for 45 min.) In 2014, however ABC owned and operated stations returned the show to 3:00 and they have given affiliates the option to air the show in either timeslot.

by Anonymousreply 54December 27, 2019 11:58 PM

Today's episode was one of the cheesiest episodes ever. For one thing if Ned could so easily get Sam out of prison why didn't he do it long ago. Christmas miracle my ass. More like moronic story telling. And could that ending be any more embarrassing. The only part I liked was Tracy and Monica hugging. That was touching.

So now what....we have to put up with huge Sam stories again. I was hoping she was half gone from GH.

Not on today but I have a feeling we won't be seeing much of Liz and Franco, the only true couple with chemistry on the show. They seem to rush Franco finding out about everything, Drew, having sex with Kim, really what story can they come up with for them now? A happy couple is a couple that goes on the back burner and stays there. All those fraus who were so desperate for Franco to come back I sadly think will find out that now they won't be seeing their couple again for a very long time, maybe for good.

by Anonymousreply 55December 28, 2019 12:19 AM

Today's episode was one of the cheesiest episodes ever. For one thing if Ned could so easily get Sam out of prison why didn't he do it long ago. Christmas miracle my ass. More like moronic story telling. And could that ending be any more embarrassing. The only part I liked was Tracy and Monica hugging. That was touching.

So now what....we have to put up with huge Sam stories again. I was hoping she was half gone from GH.

Not on today but I have a feeling we won't be seeing much of Liz and Franco, the only true couple with chemistry on the show. They seem to rush Franco finding out about everything, Drew, having sex with Kim, really what story can they come up with for them now? A happy couple is a couple that goes on the back burner and stays there. All those fraus who were so desperate for Franco to come back I sadly think will find out that now they won't be seeing their couple again for a very long time, maybe for good.

by Anonymousreply 56December 28, 2019 12:19 AM

It seems to me the original Quartermaine mansion set was oriented with the stairs that way and the door where it now is. I wonder if it is a nor to the original design.

by Anonymousreply 57December 28, 2019 2:05 AM

I actually find myself liking Sonny's cousin, especially since he and Carly can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 58December 28, 2019 2:51 AM

Cousin Gladys did a nice job the other day with some complex subject matter. She's not the typical pretty person usually found on soaps, but she gives good gritty realism.

by Anonymousreply 59December 28, 2019 3:04 AM

Tracy Elliot was amazing as Carrie Todd Marler on Guiding Light. That storyline ended much too quickly and GL lost a huge talent when they let her go.

by Anonymousreply 60December 28, 2019 3:07 AM

No r53 let him stay over at Days bringing their ratings down and sucking off the "4th Ford brother" plus GH already has more than enough problems going on.

by Anonymousreply 61December 28, 2019 3:43 AM

Jane Elliot looks amazing! Either she had really great work done, or possibly none at all.

by Anonymousreply 62December 28, 2019 3:54 AM

R56

The reason the Franco/Liz story story feels rushed is because Herbst/Howarth are at their yearly guarantee. No one is allowed to go over their contractual guarantee.

by Anonymousreply 63December 28, 2019 4:43 AM

Laura was visiting Mac about something once and Felicia comes in (she and Luke were doing some ridiculous story together); Laura, still married, says to Felicia: "Hey, Felicia...if you see Luke, tell him Laura says HI!"

Genie killed it.

Sadly, the writers of the scene were clueless about the fact that Felicia and Mac were living in the old Webber house -- where the scene took place. Laura should have noted that at some point IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 64December 28, 2019 5:08 AM

Interesting how on screen chemistry between actors plays out or doesn't.

RoHo and Becky have great on screen chemistry yet that FB Live they did awhile ago was painful and awkward to watch and anyone not familiar with their tv characters would have assumed they were strangers just meeting for the first time who weren't hitting it off at all.

JPS and CW on the other hand have zero on screen chemistry and yet CW sang his praises when she did Burton's podcast, said he has been great to her, runs lines with her at every opportunity and even put her in his music video. They clearly like each other yet zilch on screen.

by Anonymousreply 65December 28, 2019 2:33 PM

R65

Herbst & Howarth sing each other's praises constantly.

I don't hold that FB Live interview as the barometer. The morons who set that up started the interview but within 5 minutes they had technical difficulties causing the whole thing to be delayed several hours. I'd be a bit frustrated/pissed if I came in on my day off for an interview at a given time only to then be held up almost 4 hours. I mean it's not like the idiots taping the thing haven't run a multi-camera TV show for more than 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 66December 28, 2019 4:30 PM

Roger and Becky are united in that neither really sees value in publicity.

Roger hates doing it with a passion; Becky's got 3 kids at home and is super busy.

by Anonymousreply 67December 28, 2019 6:07 PM

Becky is very shy. She’s admitted that countless times. However, she’s a chemistry magnet. I think that FB live was just an indication of two people who work well together but probably don’t interact much offscreen. And RoHo had some pretty stupid answers and kinda took over the whole thing. But whatever.

Sam is out of prison but I read rumors that her parole has restrictions which causes conflict for Jasam. Something is going on with Kelly so I’m thinking this upcoming story is a way to have her off canvas for a little while.

by Anonymousreply 68December 28, 2019 8:27 PM

I don't care what is going on with KM as long as it keeps her off my screen.

by Anonymousreply 69December 28, 2019 8:45 PM

Catching up on episodes but I have a question.

So, did Franco learn he thought he was Drew for 5 months off screen????

One episode, he's coming too for the procedure and asking questions about what happened to him in those 5 months. Elizabeth and Cameron are telling him that they'll explain it later, when he's had more time to recover.

The next episode, Franco seems to know that he had Drew's memories and is perfectly comfortable with that. Instead, Elizabeth is nervously breaking the news to him that Drew died in the plane crash.

Did they really do the reveal about having Drew's memories off screen? Or did I somehow miss an episode?

by Anonymousreply 70December 28, 2019 10:15 PM

Franco knew by taking Cam's place that they were going to mind map him. He volunteered to save Cam's life even though there was a 25% chance it would kill him.

When he woke up he knew that happened but he had no idea it had been months & he had no idea what happened while he was Drewco.

by Anonymousreply 71December 29, 2019 12:15 AM

Maybe ES could return as Holly with some sort of troubling baggage and tempestuous urges to toy with Robert's affections.

by Anonymousreply 72December 29, 2019 12:43 AM

So when are the two RHs expected to sign new contracts?

by Anonymousreply 73December 29, 2019 12:57 AM

I believe Becky usually goes into negotiations in February

by Anonymousreply 74December 29, 2019 1:19 AM

[quote]Maybe ES could return as Holly with some sort of troubling baggage and tempestuous urges to toy with Robert's affections.

Erika Slezak?

by Anonymousreply 75December 29, 2019 1:43 AM

R75

How dare you!! Emma Sams

by Anonymousreply 76December 29, 2019 2:40 AM

Thanks R74. Maybe it's around the same time for Howarth and that's why they rushed the hell out of Franco's return.

LOL, R74, When I saw ES Erika Slezak was my first though and I was like, wow, I'd love to see Viki again. I couldn't stand the other ES when she was first on and I'm sure I wouldn't like her any better now. I remember how her acting stunk up the set on Dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 77December 29, 2019 2:45 AM

R77

The reason the wrap up seemed rushed is because Herbst & Howarth are both at their contractual minimums. FV's budget model doesn't allow anyone to go over.

Herbst's re-signed last year so her contract isn't up next year. Howarth's contract is up in May of next year.

Robert & Holly were each other's true loves IMO. Duke & Anna were each other's true love (IMO)

by Anonymousreply 78December 29, 2019 12:32 PM

Thanks for the information R78. So I don't understand. It seems they have plenty of time to give Liz and Franco a story. I still don't get the rush job.

by Anonymousreply 79December 29, 2019 2:34 PM

I was binge watching The Americans, and laughed when the daughter was shown watching Grant and Celia on General Hospital. The show sort of mirrored that plotline, in a way.

by Anonymousreply 80December 29, 2019 2:47 PM

R79

Um...The end of the year is December

by Anonymousreply 81December 29, 2019 3:29 PM

R78, you are correct; Tristan has said Anna may be the one Scorpio ends up on a beach with when it's all over, but Holly's the love of his life.

by Anonymousreply 82December 29, 2019 5:35 PM

Slee on GH!

by Anonymousreply 83December 29, 2019 5:37 PM

I would do Wes. Hate his character, but he's still sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 30, 2019 2:51 AM

I Love this fierce bitch! What role is she resuming? Tracy Quartermaine ?

by Anonymousreply 85December 30, 2019 2:56 AM

Yes! Tracy Q!

by Anonymousreply 86December 30, 2019 3:11 AM

[quote] I'm really liking her new blond hair

Pretty sure it's grey, but she looks great.

by Anonymousreply 87December 30, 2019 3:12 AM

R87 It depends on the lighting. Even if it is grey, I think she putting some sort of a rinse to even out the color.

by Anonymousreply 88December 30, 2019 3:37 AM

she look good

by Anonymousreply 89December 30, 2019 3:39 AM

Looks grey to me.

by Anonymousreply 90December 30, 2019 6:03 AM

Mo needs to give it up and go grey.

by Anonymousreply 91December 30, 2019 3:40 PM

It looks gray to me too. Whatever it is, she looks great!

Tuesday will be a repeat episode. WTF. They're so far behind and they take off two Tuesday's in a row for no reason. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 92December 30, 2019 3:48 PM

Having no new show on Christmas Eve barely makes sense, but New Year's Eve is ridiculous to cancel, especially with all of the postponements they've had already. The network programmers are idiots.

by Anonymousreply 93December 30, 2019 3:51 PM

R91

Mo needs to give it up and RETIRE.

Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 94December 30, 2019 4:09 PM

On the episode at the hospital, Jane looked standard gray. Then, on the episode after, the one at the redecorated Q home, it looked like she had some kind of beige-y toned rinse on it. Either way, it's OK. I respect having the balls to go natural. She probably needed that extended time off to be able to grow it out.

by Anonymousreply 95December 30, 2019 6:04 PM

I'll hope that show is telling the truth that they want to do more stories with the Qs, but the new living room redesign still makes in look like they made it smaller to cut costs.

by Anonymousreply 96December 30, 2019 8:26 PM

maybe smaller, but more efficient, too.

Unlike Society, which has taken the place of the GCAC and looks MUCH smaller.

by Anonymousreply 97December 31, 2019 5:38 AM

R96 it really doesn’t seem smaller to me, plus the foyer is still huge.

by Anonymousreply 98December 31, 2019 5:55 PM

It is smaller. All the sets have to be a little snug because of budget.

by Anonymousreply 99December 31, 2019 6:01 PM

R99 it isn’t about it being physically smaller but if they appear smaller on tv. The Q mansion doesn’t appear much smaller, if at all, on screen, unlike the Newman Ranch on Y&R which looks way smaller.

by Anonymousreply 100December 31, 2019 6:06 PM

I don't agree R100. That room used to look spacious. It no longer does, at least to me.

by Anonymousreply 101December 31, 2019 6:14 PM

Size or not, it's hard to get past the fact that it's just so generic. Like the living room in every McMansion in every dreary suburb. It doesn't reflect the sensibility of east coast old money.

by Anonymousreply 102December 31, 2019 6:40 PM

Exactly, r102. A friends wife became an “interior decorator” and every home she does looks like that with furnishings from Wayfair and Homegoods.

by Anonymousreply 103January 1, 2020 1:30 PM

So, on Monday's show (Dec 30), Sam, Willow and Harmony all received invitations to Shiloh's memorial service. But no one seemed to note that the date on the service was listed as November 27.

I realize we're behind a few episodes because of impeachment preemptions. But we're not a month behind! Someone in continuity was asleep at the job.

Or maybe they filmed the episode on Nov. 27 and no one noticed the date.

by Anonymousreply 104January 2, 2020 1:08 AM

Good catch R104. I didn't notice.

by Anonymousreply 105January 2, 2020 1:39 AM

The Dec. 30 episode also ran the full end credits. ABC soaps always have always run full credits during an episode airing right after Christmas.

The end credits are done in order of seniority. Anybody who was off contract even for a short time, lost their place in the list. Thus Genie Francis and Steve Burton are way down the list. Likewise William DeVry is way down there because of the three months last year he was off contract.

Interestingly, despite the list being done in order of seniority, Maurice Benard was still at the top of the list. That means he negotiated for top billing because Nancy Lee Grahn and Becky Herbst both have been there longer. Nancy started in Sept. 1996, while Becky started in Aug 1997 and both have run continuously.

Maurice started in Aug 1993, but left in Sept 1997. He came back for a short arc in May-June 1998, then returned for good in Dec. 1998. Thus, he should be third on the list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 2, 2020 2:26 AM

R106 But Herbst, has been off contract before. She was fired in 2011 and then rehired four weeks later. Honestly, I wish they would go by longevity not contracts, so it should be Leslie Charleson at the top. GH demoted her to recurring, it wasn't her choice.

by Anonymousreply 107January 2, 2020 2:40 AM

John Beradino kept top billing, I think, three years after his death.

by Anonymousreply 108January 2, 2020 3:56 AM

He, Emily McLaughlin, Rachel Ames should still have top billing because they are still better actors than Mo. I’d prefer an hour of looking at Dr Hardy and Nurse Brewer’s pics on the tribute wall than to suffer through Sonny and Jason trying to emote.

by Anonymousreply 109January 2, 2020 6:57 AM

And our Roxy should have fourth billing.

by Anonymousreply 110January 2, 2020 7:16 AM

For the end of year credits, it looked like FH was now listed with the non-contract players.

by Anonymousreply 111January 2, 2020 12:44 PM

it's likely, R111

it's all about budgets now and Fin's not cheap.

I give the show HUGE props for keeping Genie on and working a lot.

She played a huge role in making the show No. 1 back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 112January 2, 2020 6:08 PM

Good episode today.

Ava is just dynamite with everyone she comes in contact with, Liesel, Col Tad Sanders, Jax, Val.

Looks like they found a way for KeMo to get her wish and not have to have many scenes with SB with the parole restrictions.

That was one sad looking food spread at the wedding, guess Frank has to cut some more corners now that we have to have Claudette back and pay her too.

Wardrobe Dept failed GF with that sparkly skirt.

by Anonymousreply 113January 2, 2020 7:22 PM

I prefer SAM Elliott

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 2, 2020 7:27 PM

I cannot believe the way they dress Genie Francis.

by Anonymousreply 115January 2, 2020 8:46 PM

Col. Tad Martin Gray Sanders finally got a decent haircut. Lookin' sharp!

So hope that business at the end was a setup and they caught it all on tape.

by Anonymousreply 116January 2, 2020 9:04 PM

Hopefully this is a set up for a Who Killed Valentin? story.

by Anonymousreply 117January 2, 2020 9:31 PM

So I assume Ava will be fine. Was Jax out there to catch her or something. Can't she just testify that Val did that to her and get him put away for attempted murder and that's that for him?

by Anonymousreply 118January 2, 2020 9:40 PM

Ava could’ve easily overpowered Valentin.

And what’s the deal with this Shiloh memorial? If he’s not going to pop up out of the casket Mitch Laurence style then I don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 119January 2, 2020 9:44 PM

I just watched today after not watching for nearly twenty years. I know I could just google this, but I'm hoping to get a more personal DLer answer to my queries. Some questions: Who is Nina? (She will always be Annie from GL to me.) The little girl, Charlotte, is Lulu's daughter, right? Who is the person she thinks is her body guard? Who is Jason with now? Was the guy he was with, Michael, the same kid Jason pretended was his instead of Sonny's back in the day? R119 I got that reference. If Mitch had started a cult in my hometown, I would have have been his first convert.

by Anonymousreply 120January 2, 2020 9:58 PM

[quote]And what’s the deal with this Shiloh memorial? If he’s not going to pop up out of the casket Mitch Laurence style then I don’t care.

OOH! They never did find a body, did they?

I assumed it was most likely a stunt arranged by Nelle as a dramatic way to announce her status as his widow, but who knows. It doesn't have much steam if she's not actually there to participate. Unless they grant her a one day compassionate leave for it....

by Anonymousreply 121January 2, 2020 10:11 PM

I only want Nelle back if she’s going to kill Carly and since that’s not going to happen then she can stay gone. I don’t understand Chloe Lanier’s status - they announced her departure but she never left. Is she on recurring? Still on contract? I’m over this baby/prison storyline.

by Anonymousreply 122January 2, 2020 10:40 PM

[quote] Who is Nina? (She will always be Annie from GL to me.)

Nina is a rich woman who was in a coma for twenty years. Her mother didn't like her husband and tried to kill Nina's baby and instead caused her daughter to be in a coma. Nina's husband was at the time having an affair with Ava and fathered her now dead daughter Kiki(all this happened off screen and in the past). Nina's late brother was a cop, Nathan, who was married to Maxie and is the father of her son James. Dr. Liesl Obrecht is Nina's aunt. Nina was originally played by Phyllis from Y&R.

[quote] The little girl, Charlotte, is Lulu's daughter, right? Who is the person she thinks is her body guard?

Charlotte was an embryo created by Helena Cassadine from the genetic material of Lulu and Valentin, but that she tried to pass off as Lulu and Stavros' child. She was carried by Claudette. The person she thinks is her bodyguard is really Lulu's presumed dead brother Nicolas Cassadine, who is trying to take back his inheritance from Valentin.

[quote] Who is Jason with now? Was the guy he was with, Michael, the same kid Jason pretended was his instead of Sonny's back in the day?

Jason is with Sam. Yes, that is the same Michael.

by Anonymousreply 123January 2, 2020 11:45 PM

For any insiders who post here. Was Nelle originally going to be Carly's daughter?

by Anonymousreply 124January 3, 2020 12:25 AM

[quote]Was the guy he was with, Michael, the same kid Jason pretended was his instead of Sonny's back in the day?

R120 (and R123), they were lying to keep Michael's paternity from his bio dad, AJ Quartermaine, not Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 125January 3, 2020 5:19 AM

Always great to see Dr O doing anything, but there must have been big cutbacks at the Cassadine house if she's the one forced to answer the door and make drinks.

by Anonymousreply 126January 3, 2020 1:57 PM

I hope the Writers find a way for MEK to abandon that drawl, maybe they can explain it away as he reverts to his southern roots when stressed or something. I feel like it limits MEK's potential on the show and I'd like him to stay and he certainly can't sustain that way of speaking long term.

On the other hand, they could just have it drop it and not explain. Stranger and more important issues have disappeared without explanation in the soap world.

by Anonymousreply 127January 3, 2020 2:28 PM

^^^

When MEK first started he wasn't using the accent. It sudden;y appeared which makes me think FV told him to do it. Probably as some eventual plot point.

by Anonymousreply 128January 3, 2020 3:27 PM

The southern drawl likely came from MEK being too eager for something new and not realizing that he was out of practice and unprepared for the even faster shooting schedule than his AMC days.

It does looks like he's settling into the pace and his scenes yesterday were his best on GH.

by Anonymousreply 129January 3, 2020 3:28 PM

Ok, I'm fine with them not running episodes on certain days, because that was the most perfect Friday cliffhanger I've seen in ages!

by Anonymousreply 130January 4, 2020 12:54 AM

Right R130, wasn't it! I kept saying to myself it would end that way but I was still shocked and thrilled to actually see it. That was a Friday cliffhanger worthy of the old days. I can't wait until Monday. That was how I used to feel every Friday for OLTL and GH back in the day. I would be surprised if that wasn't always meant to be a Friday show. Maybe they just edited some shows together to make sure this one aired when it was supposed to.

by Anonymousreply 131January 4, 2020 1:37 AM

r131

what happened?

by Anonymousreply 132January 4, 2020 1:39 AM

R132 I won't say because some would yell SPOILERS. But, needless to say it was good.

by Anonymousreply 133January 4, 2020 1:43 AM

It was really good. If you can catch it On Demand or online, do it.. I didn't say what happened for the same reason. I don't want to spoil it for anyone. I don't think there's a way to hide spoilers on this board, at least no way I know.

by Anonymousreply 134January 4, 2020 1:46 AM

Go to YouTube. Search for GH 1/3/20. Watch the fifth (5/5) segment.

by Anonymousreply 135January 4, 2020 3:13 AM

Our episode today was broken into about halfway through for the presidential press conference. Not enough to warrant an overnight rebroadcast, so I figured I would wait for tomorrow to see the whole thing uninterrupted on demand. Thank you to those who were kind enough to not give too much away.

by Anonymousreply 136January 4, 2020 3:37 AM

GH was really good today. The entire show could’ve been scenes at Wyndemere. It was perfect. I’m so excited to watch Genie next week.

by Anonymousreply 137January 4, 2020 3:50 AM

They cut the last scene off too soon. I was waiting for them to be followed by presumed-dead Tina Roberts holding Cord's infant son, (who was really Max's).

Wasn't anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 138January 4, 2020 4:12 AM

[quote] Nina is a rich woman who was in a coma for twenty years. Her mother didn't like her husband and tried to kill Nina's baby and instead caused her daughter to be in a coma. Nina's husband was at the time having an affair with Ava and fathered her now dead daughter Kiki(all this happened off screen and in the past).

Long-running rumors that the original story was that Nina would eventually find out Kiki was her own daughter, and Ava had stolen her and raised her instead.

I think when Maura West became a hit and stuck around, they decided not to go there, as that would have been hard to redeem her.

by Anonymousreply 139January 4, 2020 4:22 AM

"as that would have been hard to redeem her."

Are you kidding? Didn't she cold bloodily kill 2 major characters and get away with it? (or was it 3?). Connie, Silas, and AJ?

by Anonymousreply 140January 4, 2020 4:49 AM

Nina's mother, Madeline Reeves, killed Silas. That's what landed her in jail.

by Anonymousreply 141January 4, 2020 5:01 AM

R140

Ava killed Connie. Madelaine killed Silas. Sonny killed AJ.

by Anonymousreply 142January 4, 2020 11:09 AM

I'll tell you how fabulous yesterday's episode was. I never ever look at the Monday sneak peaks ABC.Com posts every Friday but after yesterday I couldn't wait to look at it.

Genie was fabulous in that sneak peak.!

Bravo to CVE/DOC for slowly but surely getting GH back on course. It's not perfect but it's so much better.

by Anonymousreply 143January 4, 2020 11:14 AM

How come Sonny, Jason, and Carly weren't at the wedding?

by Anonymousreply 144January 4, 2020 1:03 PM

R144 Finally, someone asking the important questions!

by Anonymousreply 145January 4, 2020 1:59 PM

Greek chorus Carly will likely provide a customary recap of events some way somehow.

by Anonymousreply 146January 4, 2020 4:13 PM

[quote] Greek chorus Carly

Good old Snags Snaggletooth!

by Anonymousreply 147January 4, 2020 4:44 PM

R142,

"It was an accident!

"Ah, nevah ...woulda.... killed AJ...if ah...hadn't nah....killed...AJ!"

by Anonymousreply 148January 4, 2020 11:27 PM

Apparently Vanessa Marcil said on her podcast that she shot a photoshoot of Becky nude? Has anyone else heard this?

by Anonymousreply 149January 5, 2020 1:05 AM

Becky as in Liz Baldwin Becky? If so I would be shocked. I didn't think she is someone who would do that.

by Anonymousreply 150January 5, 2020 1:52 AM

Yes. I just listened to the episode and it sounds like it was awhile ago. She never released the book but says she still might. The episode was recorded in 2017.

by Anonymousreply 151January 5, 2020 2:18 AM

Well, there's Hustler nude and there's artsy tasteful nude. If VM was doing the shooting, I'm guessing it was an amateur attempt at the latter. You know, the kind of thing where all you see is a little side boob and buttock curve, with the hands placed discreetly over the "special" places.

by Anonymousreply 152January 5, 2020 3:42 AM

Thank you R123! Yep, R125, it's obviously been a long time since I watched, thank you for reminding me Michael was AJ's baby.

by Anonymousreply 153January 5, 2020 4:05 AM

Marcil has posted photos she's taken and she's pretty good. Not Scavullo good but better than amateur. The photos she talked about were not scandalous/porny but more arty.

Even though she might one day like to publish the book she'd have to get permission for all the people. I doubt everyone would want their pgotos published.

by Anonymousreply 154January 5, 2020 12:08 PM

It has been a long time since I've been impatient for a new episode of GH but I can't wait for today's episode.

by Anonymousreply 155January 6, 2020 11:12 AM

So many characters have gone into the freezing water lately that Icy Cold Water should get its own photo at the start of the show.

by Anonymousreply 156January 6, 2020 12:56 PM

Very much looking forward to today’s show. Especially a soaking wet NuNik.

by Anonymousreply 157January 6, 2020 2:45 PM

Me too. Can't wait for today and fearing another interruption by ABC for more bullshit that can wait until 4pm. On Demand doesn't show the episode until the next day, if that, same with ABC online unless the entire episode is preempted. Besides, I hate being forced to watch the damn commercials. There is more commercial time than actual show time these days.

by Anonymousreply 158January 6, 2020 3:03 PM

R158 do you not have Hulu? They post new episodes at 8:00pm nightly.

by Anonymousreply 159January 6, 2020 5:11 PM

No, I have Amazon Prime and HBO channel and that's the most I'm going to spend a month on TV. Does Hulu keep viewers from fast forwarding the commercials? If so I might give up HBO since there is never anything on there I want to watch and do Hulu. Thanks for the suggestion R159. I never thought of Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 160January 6, 2020 5:51 PM

NuNik still hasn't made it into opening credits, is he on some kind of 90 Day Probation like a regular office job where he has to wait for benefits to kick in...

I liked this Nik when he was first introduced on Halloween, lowkey and softer spoken, it came off kind of sexy. Then he turned into mile a minute, fast talking, shouting at Jax Nik and I lost interest.

Today I like him again.

by Anonymousreply 161January 6, 2020 6:11 PM

OK, I need more info if anyone wants to take the time...where is Lulu? And who is Peter?

by Anonymousreply 162January 6, 2020 6:18 PM

I know who Lulu is now, but why doesn't she have anything to do with Charlotte?

by Anonymousreply 163January 6, 2020 6:30 PM

Supposedly, Lulu is Charlottes bio mom. Claudette was the surrogate who carried “mon petite.” The lovely and talented Helena C orchestrated all of it, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 164January 6, 2020 7:19 PM

For my part Lulu shouldn't have anything to do with the show. She is such a bore.

by Anonymousreply 165January 6, 2020 7:22 PM

GF was excellent today.

Good episode and I liked both surprises - the one at the beginning and the one at the end.

by Anonymousreply 166January 6, 2020 7:47 PM

R165 A large part of that is Emme. She’s a terrible actress. If they refuse to recast then send Lulu out of town. The kid that plays Charlotte acts circles around her.

by Anonymousreply 167January 6, 2020 10:17 PM

No one wants to see Becky H's cooter.

by Anonymousreply 168January 6, 2020 10:22 PM

R160 With the regular plan you have to watch commercials but there isn't as many as broadcast or abc.com.

by Anonymousreply 169January 6, 2020 11:02 PM

Thank you R169. I think I will give up HBO in favor of Hulu. I'll probably take the cheap plan. I'm paying $14.99 a month for HBO through Amazon and my guess is Hulu isn't more expensive, especially the cheap plan. I can put up with some commercials. Thanks again!

by Anonymousreply 170January 6, 2020 11:42 PM

R170 Basic is $5.99/month or $11.99 for less/no commercials but if you ever want HBO again you can add it for $14.99 through Hulu as well.

by Anonymousreply 171January 6, 2020 11:46 PM

They should recast the role of Tracy with Louise Sorel -

Louise would be a better fit in the part than Jane Elliot

by Anonymousreply 172January 6, 2020 11:48 PM

R172 No one else can be Tracy or fit better, than Jane Elliot.

by Anonymousreply 173January 6, 2020 11:51 PM

NuNik is great.

by Anonymousreply 174January 7, 2020 12:28 AM

Thanks for the info R171. I might splurge for the no commercial one since it's not more than HBO alone. Right now there is nothing I want to see on HBO. I've had it for about 3 months and I've watched everything I want to see but it's good to know that I can get it from Hulu as well. I really appreciate you taking the time to explain everything.

by Anonymousreply 175January 7, 2020 12:50 AM

R165 I agree. Such a deadweight and the actress who plays her is so shrill.

by Anonymousreply 176January 7, 2020 1:41 AM

Can we get original Lulu back? Loved her dynamic with Tracy! She was truly the daughter of LnL!!!

by Anonymousreply 177January 7, 2020 2:29 AM

Today was such a good show! nuNik more than stepped up in his confrontation scenes with Valentin. He brought the vengeful fire I hoped he would.

I also loved his show down with Laura. Genie was happy he was alive but furious at how he deceived them.

I literally cheered when Ava came in at the end and said she & Nik were getting married tonight.

It's obvious she gave him the codicil in exchange for marriage. I loved the trope of 2 people getting married for reasons besides love. This is going to be a roller coaster but you know it's going to turn into a love match.

by Anonymousreply 178January 7, 2020 4:50 AM

Jane Elliot was originally announced for the role of Augusta Lockridge on "Santa Barbara" but decided to go to New York and take the role of Cynthia Preston on "All My Children" instead.

by Anonymousreply 179January 7, 2020 12:49 PM

Thank you, R164. Charlotte (and everyone else) knows that Lulu is her bio mom, right?

by Anonymousreply 180January 7, 2020 1:06 PM

R180

Yes, Charlotte loves Lulu and Lulu loves her.

by Anonymousreply 181January 7, 2020 1:15 PM

When nuNic agreed to marry Ava, he must not have told her a little detail about his current marital status

by Anonymousreply 182January 7, 2020 1:40 PM

R192

God help him if he's lying to Ava. She would Lorena Bobbit him. I'm hoping we get a throw away line about Nik/Hayden getting a quickie divorce once he returned.

by Anonymousreply 183January 7, 2020 2:58 PM

Veteran GH actress announces she is retired from acting although she'd be willing to make a cameo but would prefer to be asked to direct. Not sure if that counts as retired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184January 7, 2020 3:32 PM

Tbh Robin should’ve been recast a while ago. Liz Hendrickson could’ve been brought on for the role instead of the pointless one she played.

by Anonymousreply 185January 7, 2020 4:04 PM

Sarah Brown twitter thread. She made a YT video about her stalking, assaults, firings, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186January 7, 2020 4:06 PM

Back in the day, Tracey/Jane WAS a blond. I stopped watching GH and didn’t see Jane Elliott again til she was on All My Children, and it Took me a while to get used to seeing her as a brunette.

by Anonymousreply 187January 7, 2020 4:19 PM

R184 Kim honey, you’ve been saying this since you were a TEENAGER’, you’re leaving acting to become a director- you always return to acting. The directing thing just doesn’t seem to work for you. You probably shouldn’t have dropped out of film school- that would Have at least given you some credibility. But you seem like a nice woman and I hope things work out well for you.

by Anonymousreply 188January 7, 2020 4:22 PM

I remember Jane during her first stint on "GH" when she was a very glamorous party girl, very vivacious, similar to Vanessa later on "Guiding Light" as a daddy's girl who charmed all the men and tee'd off all the women. She made a play for Gary Lansing (married to Gina, originally played by Anna Stuart, later a brief sub as Vanessa while Jane was on "GL" as Carrie) and even flirted with Rick. There's a great 1979 episode on YouTube where she visits Monica in the hospital as a peace offering and tells her that she wants her baby to be healthy, as long as it is a girl. You can see that Jane & Leslie had a lot of fun working together even then. When they brought Tracy back in 1989, her character was more serious and dour, but she still on occasion showed a sense of fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189January 7, 2020 4:27 PM

I have a lot of late 1970's GH on DVD (thanks to YouTube) but I don't recall Jane and Tony Geary (as Luke) sharing any scenes until her 1996 return, although they did share scenes when he played Bill Eckert. I found this picture a while back that shows them together in her first stint. While Tracy could be a snob, she was always charming to the hospital staff (probably because she thought she could use them to get info on Monica at some point) and even involved Amy in her schemes. In the 1996 scene, Luke sees Tracy in a nightclub and goes over to re-introduce himself. They shake hands and she looks on him with a bit of shock as she remembers who she was. It was like the 2004 scene after Lila died where Heather re-introduced herself to Tracy in the hospital and Tracy said, "I remember you. You did something really bad!" Back in the late 70's, Tracy did share a few scenes with Mary O'Brien but by the time Robin joined in 1980, Jane had already left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 7, 2020 4:34 PM

Yes r183 Hayden seems like the type that would agree to a quick divorce from a man she knows is about to become a multi-millionaire.

by Anonymousreply 191January 7, 2020 4:50 PM

R191 If she thinks it is the best for her daughter's safety, she might. Motherhood has changed her.

by Anonymousreply 192January 7, 2020 5:12 PM

[quote]When nuNic agreed to marry Ava, he must not have told her a little detail about his current marital status

Let's not forget Hayden very nearly married Finn, as well. She probably had Nik declared legally dead.

by Anonymousreply 193January 7, 2020 5:52 PM

For those who missed it, early in Hayden's recent return, she told Jax and nuNik that she was keeping nuNik's return a secret since they were still legally married and she expected a big payout in return for keeping nuNik's secret.

by Anonymousreply 194January 7, 2020 6:39 PM

The past 3 days of GH Fri/Mon/Tues have been exceptionally good , old school soap good.

Also, Nik suits up well, really well.

by Anonymousreply 195January 7, 2020 7:01 PM

The one short scene many years ago where Helena stated that she was frightened of Valentin is legendary here on DL as it's been mentioned many times. Pleasantly surprised that this small bit of trivia was actually brought up again on the show yesterday during nuNic's monologue.

by Anonymousreply 196January 7, 2020 8:37 PM

Have they mentioned that Valentin could be Helena's son and not a Cassadine? I think I read that somewhere

by Anonymousreply 197January 7, 2020 11:12 PM

R197 Yes, Nic announced it yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 198January 7, 2020 11:20 PM

All that can be easily resolved with a handy DNA test. Now, if only there was a reliable source for one.....

by Anonymousreply 199January 7, 2020 11:47 PM

[quote] Greek chorus Carly will likely provide a customary recap of events some way somehow. —that gaint mound of moss on the table

You were off by a day, since that is exactly how Tuesday's episode started, including featuring the moss.

by Anonymousreply 200January 8, 2020 12:39 AM

How could Carly say Gladys isn't family? She is Mike's cousin, therefore she is Sonny's cousin and family. She being paid to pretend to be Dev's grandmother, not to pretend to be Sonny's family.

by Anonymousreply 201January 8, 2020 12:58 AM

[quote]You were off by a day, since that is exactly how Tuesday's episode started, including featuring the moss.

Close enough. I didn't specify an immediate recap. It's mildly funny (albeit useless) filler to pad LW's guarantees I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 202January 8, 2020 5:50 AM

Got to give it up for the writing team for including some new twists into the usual soap clichés - Right after Nic's return from the dead, Laura is furious with him and slaps him. Valentine going on the run as expected, but then changing strategy before leaving town.

Ava and Nic's guilt and shame after their wedding kiss was some pretty subtle storytelling for a soap.

by Anonymousreply 203January 8, 2020 1:35 PM

Yeah, the writing has been surprisingly good. It's a shame they have to waste these new writer's talent on those filler scenes like the teens and Carly/Sonny/Gladys is it? I could watch the main story all day. NuNik is much better and GF hasn't had great scenes like that in forever.

by Anonymousreply 204January 8, 2020 3:06 PM

R204 I wonder if Gladys is working for the feds. Maybe Mo has decided to take a step back, and Sonny is finally going to fall. He seemed to really enjoy shooting that indie and lifetime movie last year. Hopefully, he is ready for a change and doesn’t want to shoot all the time.

by Anonymousreply 205January 8, 2020 3:21 PM

Nice idea, r205. I want that smug look on Snags face knocked right off. A tough broad like Gladys wouldn’t take her sh!t, so something may be up.

by Anonymousreply 206January 8, 2020 4:15 PM

If that's not what the writers have in mind, R204, they should. It is a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 207January 8, 2020 11:23 PM

There's definitely something weird going on with Gladys, but at this point I'm not sure what. Maybe she gambled or frittered away all the money Sonny gave her and is secretly homeless? She seems to panic at the suggestion of leaving their house. Could be something as sneaky as working for the feds, but, on the other hand, they have been going out of their way to humanize her lately.

by Anonymousreply 208January 9, 2020 12:42 AM

This Nic/Ava "marriage" has the potential to be very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 209January 9, 2020 12:51 AM

I agree, Ava Cassadine (nee Jerome) is going to be a lot of fun and Dr. O in the mix as the resident "maid" even better.

Nik actor needs to add a little nuance or something to his performance.

by Anonymousreply 210January 9, 2020 1:32 AM

R210 They have paired him at Wyndemere with two of the best actors on the show, they elevate any screen partners, so they are wonderful ones for him to learn from and get into the swing of things.

by Anonymousreply 211January 9, 2020 1:35 AM

On the other hand, it could be great fun seeing this upstart punk get eaten alive by the formidable gaggle of alpha females surrounding him. And then turn on a dime and be uber-maternal and fiercely protective toward Spencer. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 212January 9, 2020 1:40 AM

Yeah, I'm enjoying Gladys and the actress is good. I hope they keep her normal.

by Anonymousreply 213January 9, 2020 2:03 AM

I want Cousin Gladys to burn Sonny’s house down.

by Anonymousreply 214January 9, 2020 3:29 AM

R214 It won't burn, it is too damp. Why do you think the moss grows so well?

by Anonymousreply 215January 9, 2020 3:32 AM

She can at least put a bomb in Carly’s car.

by Anonymousreply 216January 9, 2020 3:55 AM

I am totally on board with the Nik/Ava mishegas. Bring on the messy!

by Anonymousreply 217January 9, 2020 4:32 AM

It appears they at least consummated the marriage, but it must not have been very good sex since she made that crack about putting a limit on her "wifely duties."

by Anonymousreply 218January 9, 2020 5:01 AM

^^^^

I read that scene entirely differently. They did not have sex and that was a part of their arrangement. This would be a marriage in name only. Ava's comment was a reminder to him that per their agreement there would be no hanky panky.

Not to mention the whole set up is for adversaries to fall for each other & a marriage of convenience becoming a true love match.

by Anonymousreply 219January 9, 2020 8:28 AM

It's great that Dr O has now been on the show long enough to now have long standing grudges against a lot of characters such as nuNic's mistreatment of Britt

by Anonymousreply 220January 9, 2020 1:48 PM

[quote] I read that scene entirely differently. They did not have sex and that was a part of their arrangement. This would be a marriage in name only. Ava's comment was a reminder to him that per their agreement there would be no hanky panky. Not to mention the whole set up is for adversaries to fall for each other & a marriage of convenience becoming a true love match.

But Ava is smart enough to know that lack of consummation can be grounds for annulment, she wouldn't risk that. I'm reminded of the marriage between Jackie O. and Ari, supposedly she had it contracted into their arrangement that there would be sexual relations once a month, by appointment only. In other words, just enough to not constitute "lack of affection" or similarly defined marital obligations in the legal sense. Of course, the irony is that Ava's plan is going to backfire when either Hayden resurfaces or Nik decides he's had enough and conveniently remembers that he's still married, which I think is the card he was playing all along. Agree to the marriage, get the codicil, then have marriage declared null and void based on the fact that he's still married. Then it's going to be an all out War of the Roses. Pass the popcorn!

by Anonymousreply 221January 9, 2020 6:07 PM

Line of the Day:

"What the hell is a parapet?" ~Julian Jerome

by Anonymousreply 222January 9, 2020 7:47 PM

Seriously. Good for Julian. I have never in my life known anyone to have a parapet except at Windmere (sp?). Good catch R222.

by Anonymousreply 223January 9, 2020 10:48 PM

Jason and Sam are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 224January 9, 2020 10:49 PM

I had hope that Sam was being written out or her airtime cut way back. That hope is dashed. I can't stand Jason either. The wrong twin was killed off.

Today was a letdown after the few really exciting days we had. Of course Ava was good and even makes Sonny almost watchable, almost.

by Anonymousreply 225January 9, 2020 11:51 PM

When Katherine Bell fell off the Wyndemere parapet back in the late 1990s, that was the first time I'd ever heard the word 'parapet.'

Since then, I have heard the word a few other places. Not many. But a few. I credit GH with expanding my vocabulary!

by Anonymousreply 226January 10, 2020 12:13 AM

I've never had a parapet. But, growing up in a town with many turn of the 20th Century mansions, I've known many who do.

by Anonymousreply 227January 10, 2020 12:17 AM

So far all I know about parapets is that people get pushed off them.

by Anonymousreply 228January 10, 2020 12:37 AM

R221

Sorry darling but it was made clear there was no consummation.

by Anonymousreply 229January 10, 2020 9:14 AM

Is there a Parole Officer Of The Year award? If so, I'd like to nominate the one who is trying to keep Jason and Sam away from each other for their service.

by Anonymousreply 230January 10, 2020 12:37 PM

What r225 said.

Also, Julian looked especially delicious yesterday. I want scenes of Julian and NuNik boxing shirtless.

Maxie is certainly no beauty and rarely looks good, but whoever she pissed off in wardrobe got back at her IN SPADES with that red muumuu she was sporting yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 231January 10, 2020 12:52 PM

R231

She's 2 ton Hannah now. What do you expect them to put her in?

KSt is not just obese she looks like shit. She's the same size as Amy yet that actress always looks pretty= full lush hair that's properly colored, lovely smile. KSt's hair is atrocious. It needs a style and color and he always has a dour expression.

by Anonymousreply 232January 10, 2020 1:48 PM

[quote]Maxie is certainly no beauty and rarely looks good, but whoever she pissed off in wardrobe got back at her IN SPADES with that red muumuu she was sporting yesterday.

Amen!

by Anonymousreply 233January 10, 2020 2:13 PM

[quote]that red muumuu she was sporting yesterday.

I want that red muumuu! I think it looks fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 234January 10, 2020 2:16 PM

That big dent/pockmark on her cheek is also distracting in scenes. Not to mention her makeup always looks muddy. She looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 235January 10, 2020 3:24 PM

[quote] The directing thing just doesn’t seem to work for you

Uh, she's done a ton of it.

She went back to GH a few times either as a favor to Frankie V or Finola or for the money, but she got slammed for her appearance the last few times and I don't blame her for not wanting to go back. She'll make another cameo, maybe, if GH gets the axe.

by Anonymousreply 236January 10, 2020 3:46 PM

Kimberly is consistently getting work as a director. Check her Twitter page.

by Anonymousreply 237January 10, 2020 4:33 PM

I'm the person who just started watching again, and Lucy Coe Jones (or whatever her name is now) still looks so damn good!

by Anonymousreply 238January 10, 2020 6:05 PM

Nik actually looked awake and alive with Liz, best chemistry so far actually.

Now that she's out of Ava's orbit, Nina is back to being dull as dishwater.

There is no stove or oven in the Corinthos kitchen, what is up with that.

by Anonymousreply 239January 10, 2020 7:08 PM

R238

Lynn Herring is a force of nature. Her body puts to shame women half her age. You could bounce a quarter off her abs and ass. Not to mention her arms are sleek & taunt.

R239

I also thought MC/BH had wonderful chemistry today. I totally bought them as life long BFFs. There was a natural ease be it the characters teasing each other to the emotions of being reunited. He felt most like Nikolas today because it was the repetitious I'm seeking vengeance and fuck anyone who gets in the way.

Don't get me wrong. I like the darker Nik but I also needed to see that the softer Nik is still there underneath it all.

by Anonymousreply 240January 10, 2020 7:45 PM

Correction

It WASN'T the repetitious

by Anonymousreply 241January 10, 2020 7:47 PM

Are they bringing back to mob? And what the hell is Sonny running? No way it’s just coffee.

by Anonymousreply 242January 10, 2020 10:28 PM

I wish they would do more with Lucy. She was the reason I watched the show before she left for the spin off. It’s a crowded age group for women on this show, but I’d love to see her more.

by Anonymousreply 243January 11, 2020 1:15 AM

R243 I think she and Jax would make a fun couple.

by Anonymousreply 244January 11, 2020 1:28 AM

They don't have an oven in the kitchen because they don't want Mike to stick his head in it to get the hell away from Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 245January 11, 2020 2:03 AM

I don't think anyone on this show prepares meals except for Olivia. At least Carly can bring home hotel food from her hotel.

by Anonymousreply 246January 11, 2020 3:11 AM

Elizabeth with new Nik or Jax makes the most sense.

Get rid of Franco. If they just keep RH around bring him back as Todd and give us Todd/Carly!!!

by Anonymousreply 247January 11, 2020 6:22 PM

R247

Liz and Franco are the only pairing on this show that works,. They have chemistry in spades.

Nik/Ava and Jax/Nina are the plan. If you can't see that you need to have your eyes checked.

by Anonymousreply 248January 11, 2020 7:29 PM

If they insist on trading chemistry free Valentin/Nina for chemistry free Jax/Nina then what happens to Valentin? Can they put him with Anna? Those two have always had chemistry even in the brief Anna talking him down and into letting Charlotte go with Lulu the other day.

by Anonymousreply 249January 11, 2020 7:33 PM

I love the Nik/Ava pairing--now THAT is a soap pairing. Yeah!

by Anonymousreply 250January 11, 2020 7:55 PM

It's apparent that the majority of the over 40 actors and especially the 50 plus actors are uncomfortable doing make out scenes. Friz and Finanna always smirk right before they do a two second French. JPS and NLG can be uninhibited but JPS kisses likes Connie Conehead which cracks me up.

There are ways for the olders to convey love bonds besides facial expressions and a monthly two second kiss. Maybe 20 seconds of hugging and kissing (while fully clothed). Giving a shoulder massage while talking or holding hands when out and about or just being happily wrapped around one another either stationary or in motion. They should catch an episode or two of Hart to Hart to study Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers.

by Anonymousreply 251January 11, 2020 9:04 PM

R251

I think Franco & Liz do the best at always being tactile. If they're sitting together they're wrapped up in each other. There's hair touching, hand play, deep eye contact. You believe these are 2 people crazy in love with each other. Sonny & Carly might as well be brother & sister sharing a house.Alexis has a nice easy chem with Neil but the second it goes sexual NLG will ruin it with her hyperventilating OTT antics. There's zero sparks between Sasha/Michael. CD has never had sexual chem with anyone.

GH needs to remember soaps are supposed to be love in the afternoon. They never show sex anymore. Finn/Anna were separated for 6 months, Franco/Liz for 4 months and Jason/Sam for a couple months and none of them had reunion sex. What kind of bullshit is that? Soaps are supposed to give fans some sort of payoff.

by Anonymousreply 252January 11, 2020 9:23 PM

Jason and Sam had (awkward) reunion sex.

Becky Herbst is a chemistry magnet. Those scenes with Liz and NuNik were wonderful. I totally bought them as best friends/former lovers with years and years of history. RoHo is a buffoon and Friz is still gross. I don’t care about their chemistry.

It’s time to shake up the canvas. These current couples are stale. The writing is finally starting to get better so start chem testing actors more.

by Anonymousreply 253January 11, 2020 10:02 PM

R253

Jason & Sam had no reunion sex.. She was released from jail, came home & decorated the tree and that was it.

by Anonymousreply 254January 11, 2020 10:18 PM

r252. Friz are tactile and lovy dovey to the max but to me it's so saccharine and odd because they act like shy young people which they certainly are not. When the boys are present it all goes into goody goody overdrive. I'd rather watch them bitch and wisecrack about stuff and each other like regular married people but also have fun and good things happening too.

by Anonymousreply 255January 11, 2020 11:12 PM

My favorite Franco pairing was with Drew. I'm okay with Friz but I really loved scenes between the "brothers" Drew and Franco. I wish they had gotten rid of Jason instead of Drew.

I would be okay with Todd coming back and even with Carly. That's not a bad idea. Just get rid of Sonny. Let a mob competitor do in Sonny and Jason at the same time and somehow have Manning Inc or whatever Todd's company was called somehow be connected to it to bring him into or back into Calry's life. I can't remember if Todd ever got together with Carly or if it was Franco.

by Anonymousreply 256January 11, 2020 11:59 PM

R254 Sorry. I thought you meant when they got back together last year.

by Anonymousreply 257January 12, 2020 12:20 AM

Todd was one of the most complex characters ever written in Daytime. There is no one writing now who could even attempt to write that kind of complexity. Therefore,. no way do I want Todd coming to GH. Let him stay on Toutube/OLTL in all his glory.

by Anonymousreply 258January 12, 2020 1:13 AM

Point well taken R258. I didn't think of that. Yes, I agree, let Todd stay a monument (at least from 1993-1998) to great writing and not get in the hands of hacks. It's bad enough what they do to Franco. Then again I doubt RH would ever be able to play the Todd we loved anymore. He wasn't able to from 2000 on OLTL or his short stint on GH. I don't know if it was the lousy writing by then or if he just gave up on the acting and liked playing things for laughs more. Either way it's very sad that we will never again see any character on a soap being written as Todd was written back those first 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 259January 12, 2020 1:19 AM

I thought Valentin had chemistry with Alex when she appeared a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 260January 12, 2020 3:13 PM

So, that was it for Tracy's visit? She just came to celebrate the holidays? She didn't really do anything to impact the plot.

by Anonymousreply 261January 12, 2020 3:58 PM

As far as I know she is still in Port Charles. I suspect she will be on for a while longer. Remember, Friday on GH was still New Year's Day. I'm sure we'll get some sort of ELQ story before she leaves.

by Anonymousreply 262January 12, 2020 4:15 PM

Tracy is in the previews for Monday.

by Anonymousreply 263January 12, 2020 5:18 PM

I predict Julian bails Brook Lynn out of her financial problem.

by Anonymousreply 264January 12, 2020 5:26 PM

I don't think Julian has that kind of money. Remember he couldn't even reimburse Olivia for the earnest money she put down on the bar? What he might do is revert to his old ways and have some thugs send a "message."

by Anonymousreply 265January 12, 2020 5:51 PM

^^^

Julian has money. The reason he didn't pay Olivia back wasn't because of low funds.

by Anonymousreply 266January 12, 2020 7:17 PM

R265 I don't think he couldn't, just that he wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 267January 12, 2020 7:18 PM

Looks like Tracy will be around for fight over ELQ shares. Looks like Nelle will claim she's entitled to Shiloh's shares even though NY prisoners cannot marry one another. But I'm sure her Southern/Not Southern MEK lawyer will fight for them anyway.

by Anonymousreply 268January 13, 2020 12:24 PM

JFC. Can we get rid of Nelle already?

by Anonymousreply 269January 13, 2020 3:53 PM

[quote] Looks like Nelle will claim she's entitled to Shiloh's shares even though NY prisoners cannot marry one another.

Hmmm, interesting. Although technically she could still have been assigned beneficiary status through a trust or will without being his wife. If it turns out she has no claim via being his beneficiary, she will probably only then decide to play the "But my baby is a Quartermaine" card to get some kind of toehold into the family. Fucking with them seems to be her main goal, anyway, the money is just icing on the cake.

by Anonymousreply 270January 13, 2020 7:29 PM

I was probably falling asleep through the scene, but I thought that Nelle said that she was now married.

by Anonymousreply 271January 13, 2020 8:01 PM

Why don’t they make Nelle Nina’s long lost?

by Anonymousreply 272January 14, 2020 3:39 PM

Why don't they just get rid of Nell for good. The actress is great but the character has become so obnoxious that I never want to see her again unless they bring her back just for one day to kill off Carly and Sonny...oh, and Jason. I wouldn't mind her taking Maxie and Lulu too. Maybe they can put them all in a room and let Nell set off a bomb or something.

by Anonymousreply 273January 14, 2020 5:30 PM

Nelle will be around at least until the Wiley reveal, which does seem to be stretching longer than planned. Did the actor who plays Lucas get another short term job and that's why Lucas is now in a coma?

by Anonymousreply 274January 14, 2020 6:18 PM

LOL, the writers are so predictable. I was watching with a friend today and I predicted the ending exactly. I had to explain to my friend what the term I used, "Widow's weeds." meant first.

by Anonymousreply 275January 14, 2020 8:41 PM

This baby story began July 2018!

by Anonymousreply 276January 14, 2020 8:52 PM

R275 My only real complaint about Nelle's reveal is that instead of removing the entire hat and veil, she should have dramatically lifted the veil.

by Anonymousreply 277January 15, 2020 12:42 AM

How is she out of prison?

by Anonymousreply 278January 15, 2020 4:22 AM

It came to my attention last night that Cousin Gladys bears a strong resemblance to Amy Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 279January 15, 2020 12:19 PM

Nelle's out due the same overcrowding that got Sam and Harmony released. For a department that never actually solves any crimes, the PCPD now seems to be locking people away at a record rate.

by Anonymousreply 280January 15, 2020 12:41 PM

Nell's veiled hat was humongous. It looked like a bucket or a loving cup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281January 15, 2020 1:14 PM

Counterfeit tulips!

How very Luke Spencer!

by Anonymousreply 282January 15, 2020 2:27 PM

Did anything interesting happen today?

by Anonymousreply 283January 15, 2020 8:31 PM

Someone in wardrobe *really* hates KStorms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284January 15, 2020 8:38 PM

Yes, R283. We discovered that one of the writers is a Human League fan.

by Anonymousreply 285January 15, 2020 8:39 PM

R294

She's a pig.

by Anonymousreply 286January 15, 2020 10:34 PM

Is that actress pregnant R284?

by Anonymousreply 287January 15, 2020 11:31 PM

She's allegedly a former drug addict who is now out-of-control eating through alleged recovery, r287.

by Anonymousreply 288January 15, 2020 11:55 PM

I’m sure it’s probably a combination of meds and being clean. Her face looks pretty bad in close ups too. Hard to believe her character is supposed to be some big fashionista.

Genie gets it worse though. And she’s smaller than Kirsten.

by Anonymousreply 289January 16, 2020 12:09 AM

[quote]Genie gets it worse though. And she’s smaller than Kirsten.

They could dress Genie a lot better, but at least they're not making her wear this red muumuu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290January 16, 2020 4:55 AM

This is what happens when you piss off the queens in wardrobe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291January 16, 2020 4:55 AM

Genie is in that black blazer every damn day.

by Anonymousreply 292January 16, 2020 10:58 AM

[quote]Genie is in that black blazer every damn day.

Being mayor doesn't pay a lot!

by Anonymousreply 293January 16, 2020 11:03 AM

R290

Even as fat as she looks in that picture you can tell she's wearing Spanx that starts under her bra line.

Can you imagine how fat she is without it? Somebody at GH needs to tell her to put down the fork and go to a gym.

by Anonymousreply 294January 16, 2020 11:19 AM

What a nice surprise in the previews

by Anonymousreply 295January 16, 2020 8:40 PM

KS's skin and hair look terrible too.

She honestly looked healthier when she was on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 296January 16, 2020 9:28 PM

R295 I really have to wonder if they are finally setting up Sonny's, at least temporary, downfall. Between his being distracted by his father's condition, his shady cousin and now this return, I could see it happening.

by Anonymousreply 297January 17, 2020 1:28 AM

They’re definitely bringing the mob stories back.

by Anonymousreply 298January 17, 2020 12:52 PM

Kin and Ian out celebrating Jane’s birthday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299January 17, 2020 3:03 PM

Ian's hubby is a cutie

by Anonymousreply 300January 17, 2020 3:06 PM

Is the hubby the chubby guy? Not fat, just chubby in a bear kind of attractive way.

by Anonymousreply 301January 17, 2020 8:08 PM

No that's Jim Warren. Ian's husband is the African American that's sitting between Ian & Jane.

by Anonymousreply 302January 17, 2020 10:31 PM

who's jim warren

by Anonymousreply 303January 17, 2020 10:54 PM

A big photographer in the daytime community.

by Anonymousreply 304January 17, 2020 11:24 PM

his stuff is kind of blurry; but apparently, the actors are devoted to him for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 305January 17, 2020 11:36 PM

Anyone know how long Real Andrews is back? Taggert seeing Jason and calling him Anger Boy made me smile. I miss him and Scotty antagonizing Sonny and Jason. They were hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 306January 18, 2020 12:10 AM

So, when is Kin Shriner going to come out?

by Anonymousreply 307January 18, 2020 12:37 AM

Thanks R302. I didn't even know he was married.

by Anonymousreply 308January 18, 2020 12:40 AM

R306, My favorite of Taggert's pet names was "Jason Quarterbrain." 🤣

by Anonymousreply 309January 18, 2020 6:49 AM

R306 It would've been funnier if he called him "Anger Middle Aged Man"

by Anonymousreply 310January 18, 2020 6:52 AM

The fans at the Graceland event look THRILLED to be there!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311January 18, 2020 4:15 PM

Thanks for the laugh R311. That really cracked me up! OMG, is there an "I want my money back" line at this place?

by Anonymousreply 312January 18, 2020 4:28 PM

R311

I'd be a bit miffed if I shelled out about $900 to see an actor and it didn't include me fucking him.

by Anonymousreply 313January 18, 2020 4:33 PM

That is one unattractive dress in OPs photo...

by Anonymousreply 314January 18, 2020 4:34 PM

Once the Nik/Spencer reunion is over this coming week they should SORAS Spencer, the actor has outgrown the role and it just doesn't seem like a good or cutesy fit anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315January 18, 2020 4:38 PM

r315

what's with his hair

by Anonymousreply 316January 18, 2020 4:40 PM

That's Spencer?!?! Why are they keeping him around? I agree SORAS.

by Anonymousreply 317January 18, 2020 4:48 PM

Puberty hit him hard. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 318January 18, 2020 5:01 PM

Didn't he used to have straight hair? God he looks so dorky. I know he's a kid but really, he needs to go. If he still does the same "acting" shtick he used to it will no longer be cute in any way shape or from. It will be uncomfortable at best, thinking something is seriously wrong with him more likely.

ITA, recast or get rid of the character for good.

by Anonymousreply 319January 18, 2020 5:13 PM

If they chose the have him be gay, his “acting” might work.

by Anonymousreply 320January 18, 2020 5:56 PM

I think it will depend on Disney and wether or not they have anymore plans for him. If they want to keep him around the company, GH is the perfect place for them to keep him until they determine if he will get another Disney show.

by Anonymousreply 321January 18, 2020 5:59 PM

Spencer looks like a little Woody Allen, now. He's even got that sullen, sulky thing going on.

by Anonymousreply 322January 19, 2020 9:21 PM

Laura gets shot in the middle of a mob turf war.

by Anonymousreply 323January 20, 2020 4:08 PM

R323 if that happens, Sonny might really be on his way out. The fans love Laura, and will turn on Sonny if his actions put her in harm’s way.

by Anonymousreply 324January 20, 2020 4:46 PM

Could this usher in the epic Laura/Sonny love story that no one wants???

by Anonymousreply 325January 20, 2020 5:29 PM

Newest promo.

Why shoot Laura when Carly is right there?? Damnit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326January 20, 2020 10:18 PM

Wowza! And we won't get to see any of it until the impeachment stuff is over.

by Anonymousreply 327January 20, 2020 11:10 PM

R325 In the late-90s when Sonny returned, I wanted a Laura/Sonny pairing.

Now, I hate Sonny and just want him gone.

by Anonymousreply 328January 20, 2020 11:44 PM

Genie and Mo had chemistry in the 90s. They should’ve went there.

by Anonymousreply 329January 20, 2020 11:57 PM

Spencer played it all sulky today; he got the lines out but it was awkwardy.

the best child actor I saw tell off a parent was Kyle Sabihy (CJ, B&B) - Clarke tried to explain why he'd stayed away and CJ TELLS off his dad and after his big speech, he just shoots Clarke a look as if to say 'Understand? STUPID!'

by Anonymousreply 330January 21, 2020 3:09 AM

They’ll never have another baby Jonathan Jackson on this show. They need to SORAS Spencer ASAP. Though I will say he resembles NuNik more than the original.

by Anonymousreply 331January 21, 2020 9:41 AM

According to the Canadian viewers the shoot outs happened simultaneously today.

Sonny/Mike/Jason were shot at in Brooklyn while Laura,Michael, Sasha,Carly,Gladys were shot at in PC.

by Anonymousreply 332January 21, 2020 8:51 PM

On another thread, a poster announced that this thread has been paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 333January 23, 2020 5:28 AM

New GH thread here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334January 23, 2020 6:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!