Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Schitt's Creek' - The Final Season

Premieres Tuesday, January 7th at 9/8c on Pop TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404August 24, 2020 3:17 PM

Season 5 thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 21, 2019 1:45 AM

I just started watching this. The first couple of episodes are a bit broad. Does it get better?

by Anonymousreply 2December 21, 2019 1:47 AM

r2 YES! This show famously gets better in the second (third?) season.

by Anonymousreply 3December 21, 2019 1:49 AM

OK, thank you I will watch it!

by Anonymousreply 4December 21, 2019 2:11 AM

Terrible preview. This show has become a rom-com and next season looks to be a drama. I preferred it when it was just a comedy.

by Anonymousreply 5December 21, 2019 2:27 AM

It's ok but the breathy upspeak every character uses to deliver every line grates on my nerves. I don't think I can continue watching it.

by Anonymousreply 6December 31, 2019 5:42 PM

I tried to watch it - and love Catherine O’Hara - but just too....almost slapstick

by Anonymousreply 7December 31, 2019 6:16 PM

I just binged through and have been extremely impressed. The comedy is definitely at the forefront, but the characters have more consistency and depth than most TV shows. I watched concurrently with Mrs. Maisel and The Good Life, both which lack Schitt’s integrity and consistently high quality writing. These characters are not exactly likeable, but I am rooting for all of them. I usually do not watch comedies, so it’s a pretty big departure for me.

by Anonymousreply 8December 31, 2019 6:24 PM

[quote]Schitt’s integrity

I still chuckle even after five seasons, I can't help it. 😄

by Anonymousreply 9December 31, 2019 6:34 PM

Tomorrow final season begins. David's and Patrick's wedding prep. With most seasons, at least half the episodes are laugh free. I hope the season debut is not horrible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 7, 2020 2:11 AM

^^I'm already laughing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 7, 2020 2:26 AM

It's a Schitty show, and I love it.

by Anonymousreply 12January 7, 2020 2:33 AM

What’s the time line? How long have they been in town? Will they get their money back?

by Anonymousreply 13January 7, 2020 3:22 AM

[bold]The Rise of ‘Schitt’s Creek’[/bold]

A whole damn article in The New York Times. 👏

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2020 4:54 PM

^^For those without subscription...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 7, 2020 4:54 PM

I think they've been there for 2 or 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2020 4:57 PM

Is there a place in Canada where people speak with Moira's accent?

by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2020 5:09 PM

Dear, this is not the time for your punctilious pettifogging.

by Anonymousreply 18January 7, 2020 5:50 PM

I'm gonna miss that show, but I think it's great to end the show on a high note instead of milking it until the viewers beg for it to end.

by Anonymousreply 19January 7, 2020 5:54 PM

That trailer reinforces my suspicion that Ted and Alexis are not endgame. Maybe they will pair up Stevie and Ted.

by Anonymousreply 20January 7, 2020 5:56 PM

I think Alexis is destined to have a successful career as PR agent and move away. Ted, who I love, is holding her back though. I do wonder if they are going to do something with Twyla? I know she's just a background character, but I think there is something where she comes off as a lot smarter than the others give her credit for.

by Anonymousreply 21January 7, 2020 6:02 PM

R21 maybe she’ll be like Meredith from The Office and it was revealed in the series finale she has a Doctorate in literature (or something like that).

by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2020 6:05 PM

I love and hate Alexis at the same time. She's really funny, but I also want to strangle her abut 75% of the time she's on screen.

by Anonymousreply 23January 7, 2020 6:10 PM

I didn’t like the show at all when I first watched a few episodes. It was way too stylized in a way I found annoying.

Last summer suddenly people started calling me “DAY-vid!” and told me I am the guy from the show. I eventually tried it again because I wanted to see why people were comparing him to me. And I loved the series this time. And there’s a lot I could resent about being compared to David, but in all honesty I love and relate to the character so much and I am now celebrating the comparisons.

In my view, the series started off as an over-the-top satirical sitcom that was more AbFab than it ended up being. It softened over time as the characters evolved, and it became a romantic comedy and then by the last season it struck me more as a romance first (in the sense of both romantic and familial intimacy being the emphasis) and comedy second. And that’s what’s so impressive about it. The Roses are all pretty off putting and totally unrelatable at the beginning and they seem not to care for one another, and the circumstance they wind up in obviously forces them to get closer. But the greatness of the writing and the performances in my opinion is that while any other sitcom would have pretty much stuck with the premise of these people begrudgingly stuck together, as it goes on, you see that the characters continue to *act* toward one another like they are burdened by the circumstance, but you can tell and they all can tell, too, even as they leave it unspoken, that they’re all falling in love with one another and finding meaning in their lives now. The father in a way seems like the least significant character, but of all of them he seems somehow like the one who is most consciously aware that he’s no longer the victim of a terrible circumstance he has to escape from. I’ve cried a lot watching this show because of the beauty of how the Roses have slowly blossomed into more loving people. I really needed something like that at this time when everything in the world feels so cruel. I think Dan Levy is brilliant for having done this.

by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2020 7:07 PM

I can’t stand Chris Elliott, never have, so it was a struggle to get through the first season. To make it worse, the way they ended it with David and Stevie hooking up turned me off completely.

Fortunately, my husband convinced me to give it another shot, and I’m glad I did. Bing watches seasons 2-5 over the holidays, and now jonesing for season 6.

I still hate Chris Elliott, though. I think it’s curious that’s he’s never in any of the round table discussions and after-episodes on YouTube; wonder if he doesn’t get along with the rest of cast, who all seem to genuinely love each other.

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2020 7:15 PM

I find Elliott annoying, too. But he’s well cast in my opinion. His character’s wife is very likable and down to Earth and I think Elliott’s inherently off putting energy is a good balance that keeps the couple from feeling too beleaguered by having to deal with the Roses. The family asked too much of him early on and if I didn’t find him so annoying, I would have thought less of the family by contrast.

by Anonymousreply 26January 7, 2020 7:20 PM

Has Chris Elliott ever played another type of character? It’s always the same clueless shmuck.

Interesting to learn that his daughter Abby Elliott was originally cast as Alexis, but had to drop out due to other commitments (SNL?). Wonder if that’s a reason Chris doesn’t seem to “hang out” with the rest of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2020 7:33 PM

I love Alexis. I can’t imagine anyone other than Annie Murphy being this good in the role. I wonder how much of the performance is her invention and how much is on the page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 7, 2020 7:42 PM

I just love the fact that they released "A Little Bit Alexis" as a single.

by Anonymousreply 29January 7, 2020 8:07 PM

R29 they did??

by Anonymousreply 30January 7, 2020 8:09 PM

R13 Tune in and wait and see! I guarantee you'll be sophonsified!

by Anonymousreply 31January 7, 2020 8:10 PM

I grew to love the show as time went on as well.

by Anonymousreply 32January 7, 2020 8:13 PM

The only issue that bothered me was that the Rose family interacted with the townspeople more in the first couple of seasons before whittling it down to a handful of regulars.

But I love that they believe they've changed the townspeople but in reality the town changed them and they don't even realize it.

The episode where Johnny is drunk and talking to Roland about David and his past and his sexuality was actually really well acted and I wonder how much of that was actually Gene Levy expressing his own feelings about Dan and their relationship. It could have been maudlin but came off really well.

by Anonymousreply 33January 7, 2020 8:40 PM

Yes R30. And it was covered by a certain butter-voiced boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 7, 2020 9:13 PM

r34 Wow, his voice is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 35January 8, 2020 1:15 AM

I do not have cable or a tv. I watched the past episodes on Amazon, but there was a significant lag between the date it aired and the date Amazon streamed it, and Netflix didn't have it until months and months later. Does anyone know where I might be able to stream the new season soon after the show airs? Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 36January 8, 2020 1:23 AM

r36 Netflix will probably air it in October again.

Episodes will also be available to purchase via Apple, the Google Play store, and Amazon after they premiere on Pop TV.

by Anonymousreply 37January 8, 2020 1:30 AM

It's an adorable, funny, sweet show. It really is like is Ab Fab suddenly developed a little bit of empathy. It has a similar vibe at times, but it still feels so unique and original and I have a feeling it'll be known as a TV classic in the years to come.

by Anonymousreply 38January 8, 2020 1:40 AM

I don't want to wait until October, so I will go to the Apple store. I've never bought a show there -- even though I use a MacBook and download all my ebooks from Apple Books -- and it never occurred to me that they would have tv shows, too. Thanks for the suggestion, R37.

by Anonymousreply 39January 8, 2020 1:41 AM

r39 just go to one of the dozens of sites that stream free content like watchseries or streamdreams.

by Anonymousreply 40January 8, 2020 1:43 AM

Not even two minutes into the season opener and Moira already has me looking up a word online. 😅

by Anonymousreply 41January 8, 2020 1:46 AM

The script must be like an etymology course for Catherine O’Hara.

by Anonymousreply 42January 8, 2020 1:48 AM

[quote]Is there a place in Canada where people speak with Moira's accent?

Despite the fact it's a Canadian show produced in Canada, the Roses are from LA and Schitts Creek is supposed to be a small town in the US.

I see more than a little Brenda Dickson in Moira - the pretension and the oddly stiff vocal cadences, and Moira is a former soap star. Actually Moira sounds eerily like Devin Green's parodies of Dickson at times. I would love to pick Catherine O'Hara's brain to see if Brenda was part of her inspiration.

by Anonymousreply 43January 8, 2020 2:18 AM

The mother is so freaking hilarious, the son is so freaking annoying, he ruins the show.

by Anonymousreply 44January 8, 2020 2:35 AM

Why is the son always so mannered when he talks. The sister does the same thing. Because they went to charm school ? To have to like David because he also writes for the show and season 5 was the most positive gay storyline I have seen on tv or movies.

Moira is one of the funniest female characters of all time. I hope Catherine wins an Emmy next year. Whoever does her wardrobe also deserves an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 45January 8, 2020 3:40 AM

It's just part of the show that Moira speaks in a ridiculously pretentious way that is unlike anyone else in the whole world, and that she has an insanely recherche vocabulary. Also that David and Alexis use strange gestures and mannerisms when they talk.

Catherine O'Hara recently described the show as "a bunch of aliens trying to figure out what it means to be human when they crash on Earth." I thought that was quite accurate.

by Anonymousreply 46January 8, 2020 3:51 AM

I have tried so many times to watch and like this show - but I just don’t.

I feel like I should - I love ve Gene Levy and Catherine O’Hara.

Hell, I even like Chris Elliott.

But I can’t get into this show.

by Anonymousreply 47January 8, 2020 6:12 AM

[quote]Wow, his voice is gorgeous.

He has an album out!

New ep is available on the PopTV website. It's also available from the CBC website but you have to be in Canada or have a VPN.

That was a great episode for Moira. And Catherine. And her unnamed wig.

by Anonymousreply 48January 8, 2020 9:27 AM

Catherine O'Hara has had some amazing work done. She almost looks exactly the same as she did in Beetlejuice.

by Anonymousreply 49January 8, 2020 10:10 AM

R45 Dan Levy chooses the wardrobe for all the Roses, according to interviews with him and other cast. They’re all coordinated. He has the clothes in mind when he writes the characters, and the woman who plays Alexis has said that she hates wardrobe fittings and Dan knows it and so he makes her spend three full days trying on Forever 21 and Anthropologie clothes for him before they get to script rehearsals.

by Anonymousreply 50January 8, 2020 10:18 AM

This Project Runway contestant proves that there are people out there like Moira who invent their own dialects and just stick with it no matter what. (Not Christian Siriano; the woman he’s interviewing. The longer the interview goes on, the stranger her manner of speaking gets.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 8, 2020 10:37 AM

“Why is the son always so mannered when he talks?”

Because he’s—LA LA LA LALA LALA LA!—a little bit Alexis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 8, 2020 10:55 AM

Where have you heard that, R43? The show's setting had been ambiguous until Dan Levy said it was set in small town Canada.

by Anonymousreply 53January 8, 2020 10:57 AM

R6, I agree. The upspeaking and the frequent ending of phrases with “so” drive me nuts. Love the show, though.

by Anonymousreply 54January 8, 2020 11:36 AM

I believe the country was mentioned in the pilot when the family had to move to the only property that wasn't seized, the hotel.

by Anonymousreply 55January 8, 2020 11:38 AM

I believe Alexis and David do the whole Valley Girl speak, vocal fry thing to make their characters as annoying as possible.

by Anonymousreply 56January 8, 2020 11:41 AM

I need me some Ted. There better be a time jump soon.

by Anonymousreply 57January 8, 2020 11:53 AM

Will Ted make it in Hollywood after this show, do you think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 8, 2020 11:55 AM

I can't either, R47. My partner loves it and binge watches on Netflix all the time, but I kind of hate it. It doesn't help, I guess, that I don't really like the character Moira.

by Anonymousreply 59January 8, 2020 11:58 AM

He might do well if he sticks to comedy. I saw him in a horror movie and didn't think much of his acting.

by Anonymousreply 60January 8, 2020 1:00 PM

R59 Moiras my favorite character. The actress makes her more than a caricature which she could easily be.

by Anonymousreply 61January 8, 2020 1:02 PM

I loved last season’s Cabaret episode. The actress playing Twila was Emmy worthy.

by Anonymousreply 62January 8, 2020 6:58 PM

R62, you mean Stevie, right?

R60, I don’t see how. He’s sexy, but his rodent-like features will impede him.

by Anonymousreply 63January 8, 2020 8:14 PM

They've kept the location of Schitt's Creek--and where the Roses came before they moved to the town--indeterminate.

by Anonymousreply 64January 8, 2020 10:07 PM

I've tried to get into this show but I just can't.

by Anonymousreply 65January 9, 2020 12:15 AM

I want me in Noah Reid deeply.

by Anonymousreply 66January 9, 2020 12:22 AM

I hated the first season, mostly because I found the character of David to be annoying as hell. A whole season passed, and I had no interest in watching it, but my sister insisted I give it another try. I did, and, although I still think David is a pain, I saw the humanity in his character, so he doesn't bother me quite as much. Moira is priceless, and I love Alexis. And, yes, I, too, want to be balls deep in Noah Reid.

by Anonymousreply 67January 9, 2020 12:35 AM

Wow, Noah Reid seems so unsexy. I'm surprised people think he's attractive.

by Anonymousreply 68January 9, 2020 12:38 AM

He isn't sexy, but he is adorable and cuddly, and looks like he has a good body, although in the fit fat kind of way. And who wouldn't melt if someone sang "Simply the Best" to them that way?

by Anonymousreply 69January 9, 2020 1:57 AM

If Noah Reid were gay, he would more likely be a top, r67.

His character of Patrick is CERTAINLY a top. No one could ever convince me David Rose is not the bottom of all bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 70January 9, 2020 1:58 AM

Yes, what r69 said.

by Anonymousreply 71January 9, 2020 1:58 AM

r70 you'd be surprised. And oh yeah, versatile guys do exist.

by Anonymousreply 72January 9, 2020 2:02 AM

r72, perhaps you did not actually read what I wrote.

by Anonymousreply 73January 9, 2020 2:09 AM

I too couldn’t get into the show but I started watching the 5th season and loved it. Seems like every gay movie or tv show has something negative gay bashing , two guys in love one of them kills the other, suicide, so much hate because they are gay from family members. Very nice to see a nice romantic gay comedy.

by Anonymousreply 74January 9, 2020 2:27 AM

I'm neutral on Noah but Patrick is marriage material. David won the lottery.

by Anonymousreply 75January 9, 2020 11:16 AM

I would never marry a guy who just came out and I was his very first homosex relationship. That’s just asking for trouble.

And David is so nelly; Patrick will tire of that and want someone more masculine sooner or later.

by Anonymousreply 76January 9, 2020 11:23 AM

[quote]That’s just asking for trouble.

Ridiculous generalisation. People are all sorts.

by Anonymousreply 77January 9, 2020 11:26 AM

Pretty sure I've seen BC license plates on the vehicles on the show. That said, if you know the area you can tell it's shot in Ontario.

by Anonymousreply 78January 9, 2020 11:30 AM

Noah/Patrick is pretty doughy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 9, 2020 11:33 AM

[quote] I'm neutral on Noah but Patrick is marriage material. David won the lottery.

[quote] I would never marry a guy who just came out and I was his very first homosex relationship. That’s just asking for trouble.

That's what makes it fiction. Feel-good or otherwise. Fiction can be about an ideal that normally doesn't exist in real life.

by Anonymousreply 80January 9, 2020 1:36 PM

Up 159% in viewers, 240% in 18-49 demo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 9, 2020 2:51 PM

I think David and Patrick’s relationship would depend pretty strongly on their being the only gays in the village. It nearly fell apart when they had one gay customer come into the store and flirt with Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 82January 9, 2020 4:09 PM

[quote] Noah/Patrick is pretty doughy

I was wondering during the last episode if he is the kind of guy who doesn’t look as good with his clothes off as you think he’s going to.

by Anonymousreply 83January 9, 2020 4:20 PM

R82 and he was UGLY, too

by Anonymousreply 84January 9, 2020 4:57 PM

[bold]LGBTQ characters on TV used to keep family at arm’s length. Not anymore.[/bold]

[quote]When it comes to gay stories on TV right now, family is king.

[quote]The groundbreaking LGBTQ shows of the ’90s and early 2000s focused not on the nuclear family but on what writer Armistead Maupin called one’s “logical family.” “Sooner or later,” he writes in his memoir, “no matter where in the world we live, we must join the diaspora, venturing beyond our biological family to find our logical one, the one that actually makes sense for us.”

[quote]Close to three decades since Maupin’s own “Tales of the City” was adapted as a TV miniseries, though, his idea of that kind of “logical family” — the community in San Francisco’s fictional Barbary Lane — has given way to heartwarming stories with a modern twist on the hallowed nuclear family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 9, 2020 6:50 PM

To the person who was looking for a way to stream the show upthread, this is the site I used. It was sent to me by a Canadian friend after I complained about having to wait until Netflix gets it. Warning, I had to disable my adblocker and wade through a ton of popups, but after a minute of swatting stuff away, I was able to watch the first episode of the new season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 9, 2020 7:05 PM

R86 -- I'm who asked where I could stream it. Thank you for the link, but I was able to rent the episode on Google Play. I might sound like a complete Luddite, but I had no idea what Google Play was, but found it when I searched for the episode. Amazon still does not have it on their site, but, thankfully, Google does. Thanks for being kind enough to post an alternative method on here.

by Anonymousreply 87January 9, 2020 7:22 PM

r79

is that fit-fat?

by Anonymousreply 88January 9, 2020 10:23 PM

r79, if his body were tighter, it would be incredibly unrealistic.

He's supposed to be David's Mr. Right in a small town--he's not supposed to look like a porn star living in West Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 89January 9, 2020 10:29 PM

It took me awhile and a couple tries to get into it. The characters are initially unlikable and it takes a couple seasons to get drawn into the story line and character development. The producers had to have faith that they could keep people watching long enough to really get the show.

On the surface I still don't like the show - in terms of the premise or each character on their own but all together and with the story progression, I am drawn to it and want to watch it. The dramatic portrayal of the characters is initially off putting but over time, it just comes together.

by Anonymousreply 90January 9, 2020 10:42 PM

It is a wonderful show, right up there with "The Detectorists" and "Royle Family." I was hooked with the third episode of the first season. The character development works well, the quirks are silly but meaningful, and the story arc, while predictable, maintains enough breathtaking lines and sudden absurd profundity that there's delight in every episode.

No complaints. I'm just grateful for it. I don't even mind that the last season seems a little more than needed, because I trust them to manage things with consistency.

by Anonymousreply 91January 9, 2020 10:57 PM

Here is many different ways to watching I have Crack TV on Dish and the app but hate commercials even when I FF them. Netflix has spoiled us. I’m pretty sure you can buy a season for 24 bucks at Amazon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 10, 2020 12:13 AM

Oops. I meant Pop TV.

by Anonymousreply 93January 10, 2020 12:19 AM

It isn't on Amazon, yet, R92, which is odd. They usually have shows a day or two after they air.

by Anonymousreply 94January 10, 2020 12:28 AM

R36 season 6 is on Hulu the day after it airs

by Anonymousreply 95January 10, 2020 12:47 AM

I hope the SAG break the pattern instead of Phoebe give the award to Catherine.

by Anonymousreply 96January 10, 2020 12:49 AM

Never mind r36 It’s because I have Hulu Live

by Anonymousreply 97January 10, 2020 12:53 AM

Hulu told me you have to have upgrade to live Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 98January 10, 2020 12:53 AM

I said Amazon but at the apple Store you can buy season 6 without commercials for 25bucks.

by Anonymousreply 99January 10, 2020 1:52 AM

I think Moira sounds like Little Edie sometimes

by Anonymousreply 100January 10, 2020 1:57 AM

[quote]The script must be like an etymology course for Catherine O’Hara.

I read an interview with her somewhere in which she said she's a big reader and always jots down interesting words for future schcripts.

One little thing I like about the show is that underneath the self-absorption and emotionalism the Roses are actually smart and surprisingly competent. My favorite running joke is all the dangerous situations Alexis has blithely escaped from, and I think my favorite line is Alexis snippily saying, "I wasn't really missing. The FBI knew where I was the entire time."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 10, 2020 12:12 PM

I really dislike the change in tone that it's taken. It's rarely funny anymore and it's still not a drama. There are just random, superficial events occurring to cartoonish characters. And that worked for a comedy. But not for whatever the fuck they've tried to turn it into or that it's turned into by default as they ran out of jokes.

Patrick is gross and I have no interest in watching their romance.

Casting Chris Elliott was a big mistake that they couldn't recover from, but at least they strongly reduced his character.

This show could have been a lot better if there had been someone telling Dan Levy "NO" and keeping things on track as a comedy.

Annie Murphy is the MVP and will hopefully be awarded many opportunities based upon her work in this.

The actress playing Stevie seems to have lost half her body weight between Seasons 5 and 6 and it's distracting.

David is amusing but Dan Levy is a completely insufferable nepotism case, who will hopefully be shunted back to VJing after this is over.

by Anonymousreply 102January 10, 2020 12:24 PM

I hate Chris Elliott, but I had always thought he was Canadian, and one of the reasons he landed on Schitt's. But he's not! He was born in NYC and grew up on UES. Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 103January 10, 2020 1:11 PM

r103, I did. Have you never heard of Bob & Ray?

by Anonymousreply 104January 10, 2020 1:37 PM

Nope, never heard of Bob & Ray

All of the other actors on Schitt’s are Canadian, so it’s odd that Elliott is US

by Anonymousreply 105January 10, 2020 2:16 PM

r105, his daughter was originally supposed to play Alexis. One assumes the Levys and the Elliotts are family friends.

by Anonymousreply 106January 10, 2020 3:09 PM

I believe somewhere in season 3 both David and Stevie had a three-way relationship with a really hot guy. Love to see him again.

by Anonymousreply 107January 10, 2020 3:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 10, 2020 3:19 PM

[quote]Love to see him again.

r107 Mhm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109January 10, 2020 3:21 PM

[quote]I even like Chris Elliott.

I just Googled this surprising phrase and, sure enough, across the entire interwebs and in all the collected knowledge of humanity, it only appear on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 110January 13, 2020 12:46 AM

[quote]He isn't sexy, but he is adorable and cuddly, and looks like he has a good body, although in the fit fat kind of way.

I miss DL's "Doughboy" threads.

by Anonymousreply 111January 13, 2020 12:47 AM

I'm rewatching the series, and there are so many good lines.

HONESTLY, what kind of kitten befriends a giraffe?

by Anonymousreply 112January 14, 2020 12:57 AM

David, Stop acting like a disgruntled Pelican.

by Anonymousreply 113January 14, 2020 1:25 AM

You know...David's a real asshole. Yes, I get it...blah blah blah. But since season 3, Dan's really turned up the "mean girl" schtick on his character--again, I GET IT, so save your condescension. But I've gone from thinking he's this snarky, adorable queen with a heart of gold to wanting to punch him. Also, he's really mean to Alexis. I find it hard to believe that Patrick could stand to be around him let alone want to marry him.

Ronnie is the ONLY person in town that treats the family the way people would in IRL.

by Anonymousreply 114January 14, 2020 11:32 AM

Nice people almost always gravitate to people who don’t give a shit about whether other people like them or not. In Patrick’s case, David has a vision and perspective that Patrick lacks. Look at his apartment. I have seen plenty of couples exactly like these two.

by Anonymousreply 115January 14, 2020 11:39 AM

Loving tonight’s episode so far!

by Anonymousreply 116January 15, 2020 4:06 AM

This episode wasn't particularly strong. Missed opportunity to have a shirtless Patrick in bed.

by Anonymousreply 117January 15, 2020 4:06 AM

Neither did I find it that amusing. Peeing in bed and crashing a funeral, could be funny but it wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 118January 15, 2020 4:29 AM

My friend told me I should do a living stream 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 119January 15, 2020 4:33 AM

Yeah that was a weird one.

by Anonymousreply 120January 15, 2020 10:52 PM

I enjoyed it. And leave it to Moira to know the medical term for bedwetting - nocturnal enuresis. The way she kept saying friends as "frænds" was hysterical; I'd never heard anything like it. 😅

Weird that they would both have shirts on in bed...

by Anonymousreply 121January 15, 2020 10:57 PM

It’s Canada, R121

by Anonymousreply 122January 16, 2020 1:00 AM

Does Dan get naked?

by Anonymousreply 123January 16, 2020 1:00 AM

r122 Heh, I wanted to write exactly that but then decided against it. I don't need pissed off Canadian DLers riding my ass here. 😄

by Anonymousreply 124January 16, 2020 1:01 AM

[quote]Canadian DLers riding my ass

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 125January 16, 2020 10:47 AM

I love how Alex stalled to take down the livestream. She can be such a bitch sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 126January 16, 2020 12:22 PM

I love how Alex stalled to take down the livestream. She can be such a bitch sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 127January 16, 2020 12:22 PM

Trivia du jour: Annie Murphy stood out at the auditions even before her scene started. Most of the women reading for Alexis wore sexy little dresses. Annie Murphy showed up in a kimono. Love that journey for her!

by Anonymousreply 128January 16, 2020 12:27 PM

r117 at least Patrick was barefoot

by Anonymousreply 129January 16, 2020 12:30 PM

Patrick said "shelfs" instead of "shelves." I think less of him now. 😐

by Anonymousreply 130January 16, 2020 12:35 PM

This show is headed towards a well deserved exit. Whatever charms it once had have long since departed.

And the flouncing, mincing queen has outstayed her welcome.

by Anonymousreply 131January 16, 2020 12:38 PM

[quote]And the flouncing, mincing queen has outstayed her welcome.

Oddly enough r131, that is the EXACT feeling the rest of DL has about you.

by Anonymousreply 132January 16, 2020 12:49 PM

This latest episode hit home for me. I wet the bed a couple of years ago, it was HORRIFYING. Luckily my partner was traveling for work.

I remember having a dream that I was peeing and next thing I know, I wake myself up because I’m lying In my own urine.

by Anonymousreply 133January 16, 2020 1:16 PM

I did that too! Except I was 14.

by Anonymousreply 134January 17, 2020 12:09 AM

I did that too! Except I was 72 and I was addressing Congress.

by Anonymousreply 135January 17, 2020 11:10 AM

I’m going to miss this show so much 😰

by Anonymousreply 136January 17, 2020 5:23 PM

Same, gurl, same.

by Anonymousreply 137January 17, 2020 5:30 PM

I love the show, but thought the set-up for episode two very standard sit-com. The situation seemed created just to fill an episode, and didn't really spring organically form the characters, which it usually does. I still enjoyed it, but, if this stretching things is what we had to look forward to, I'm glad the show is ending now, while it is still fresh.

by Anonymousreply 138January 17, 2020 6:31 PM

R128 I've avoided interviews with Annie Murphy because the character is so out there, I'm afraid that I'd be let down--for some reason--if she were the extreme opposite. I wish I'd done that with Mullally.

by Anonymousreply 139January 18, 2020 9:25 AM

The four leads were on the Tonight Show Thursday night, and they were funny and genuinely seemed happy to be together. Jimmy Fallon, on the other hand, was remarkably unfunny. I don’t think I’ve seen the Tonight Show in over a decade. Has he always been this bad?

by Anonymousreply 140January 18, 2020 10:17 AM

Yes, he's the worst. And he gave us Trump.

by Anonymousreply 141January 18, 2020 10:20 AM

Ep 2 was bloody awful, completely laugh free. I hate what they've done to this show.

by Anonymousreply 142January 20, 2020 4:12 AM

Eek! Wrong thread. Apologies!

by Anonymousreply 143January 20, 2020 4:19 PM

Oh my, look what that driver is hiding underneath his driver costume...

Jack Stonehouse, for anyone curious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144January 22, 2020 2:22 AM

Jack, what have I told you about putting your body on the internet? Never! Never without proper lighting!

by Anonymousreply 145January 22, 2020 5:15 PM

What has happened to this show? It's become so tedious.

by Anonymousreply 146January 22, 2020 5:16 PM

I agree, R146. I was looking forward to this season, but it has become just another sitcom. Perhaps it is for the best that this is the last season.

by Anonymousreply 147January 22, 2020 5:38 PM

Spoilers for the latest episode.

Love episode three of the final season. So many funny moments. Like, David in Patrick's clothes and all the background details of that airline.

I love it when the Rose family members interact with the town folk.

Best lines for me:

Alexis! Turtles do not pets make! The poor things are riddled with a myriad of diseases. You may as well tie a leash around a raw chicken cutlet! / Relax, they said he has already been washed!

Mr. Mullens arranged a limo for you. If you could please come with me / How do I know this isn't like an abduction or something? / It's not an abduction. / You didn't blink, I believe you!

by Anonymousreply 148January 22, 2020 6:08 PM

I liked it when David dismissed the Skype call with Theodore because he was fully clothed.

by Anonymousreply 149January 22, 2020 6:25 PM

Not the best episode by any means

by Anonymousreply 150January 22, 2020 8:10 PM

Not the best episode

by Anonymousreply 151January 22, 2020 8:13 PM

It might be the worst episode they've ever made.

by Anonymousreply 152January 22, 2020 8:43 PM

I am second to no one in my love for this show, but this season has been a letdown so far.

by Anonymousreply 153January 23, 2020 12:26 AM

Not just me, then. There's something off about this season so far.

by Anonymousreply 154January 23, 2020 8:14 AM

It’s a good thing this is the final season. They’re running out of ideas.

by Anonymousreply 155January 23, 2020 8:20 AM

That driver was on screen for a second...

by Anonymousreply 156January 23, 2020 9:52 AM

Is the guy who played the driver a porn performer? Nothing on his IMDB profile looks familiar and I could swear I saw him in something else.

by Anonymousreply 157January 23, 2020 1:40 PM

No, just a Canadian actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158January 23, 2020 1:43 PM

[quote] Perform nude? Only Professionally

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159January 23, 2020 1:45 PM

r159 Yeah, that's funny. I mean, what the hell else does he think that question is for, other than performing nude in professional setting? Of course they're not asking you if you do amateur porn, lol.

by Anonymousreply 160January 23, 2020 1:49 PM

The problem with this season is that Dan Levy has mistaken himself for a romantic lead and fell in love with the idea of David falling in love. His ego is out of control and his perception of reality is warped beyond recognition and there’s no one who cares enough to tell him he’s wrong and has ruined his show and any leverage he might have had going forward, if he’d kept his focus.

by Anonymousreply 161January 23, 2020 10:37 PM

R158, then he's got a Hallmark movie in his future.

by Anonymousreply 162January 24, 2020 12:53 AM

WHERE THE FUCK IS PATRICK?

by Anonymousreply 163January 24, 2020 1:01 AM

R163 Wardrobe only have a single shirt and pair of jeans for Noah to wear. So because they needed to dress David in Patrick’s clothes, it meant they couldn’t have him in the episode.

by Anonymousreply 164January 24, 2020 1:09 AM

Marry me, r164.

by Anonymousreply 165January 24, 2020 1:13 AM

Loved the trailer stuff. Everything else was kinda blah.

But man, that trailer was BAD.

by Anonymousreply 166January 29, 2020 12:03 PM

^^I was talking about the most recent episode, btw, not OP's trailer...

by Anonymousreply 167January 29, 2020 12:20 PM

I'd actually watch that movie.

by Anonymousreply 168January 29, 2020 3:00 PM

I just finished this week's episode. I've been disappointed in this season. The episodes seem contrived and more sit-com than usual. Plus, there has been a lot more focus on David than the other characters, and he is me second least favorite character, after Roland. (Why on earth does anyone cast Chris Elliot in anything? Just looking at him makes me want to take a shower in extra-powerful sanitizer.)

by Anonymousreply 169January 30, 2020 4:09 AM

Is the ploy to disappoint upfront to elevate the last episodes?

by Anonymousreply 170January 30, 2020 4:17 AM

Yeah, the last two episodes, at least, have not been good. I noticed that they weren't written by Dan Levy or Rupinder Gill, who've done the better episodes of previous seasons. So maybe R170 is right, and they're saving the best for last.

by Anonymousreply 171January 30, 2020 8:44 PM

This season is absolutely fucking awful.

Dan Levy should be begging MTV Saskatchewan to take him back.

by Anonymousreply 172February 5, 2020 8:57 AM

so over the top that its gross as fuk

by Anonymousreply 173February 5, 2020 9:15 AM

TACKY AS FUK !!! HOW IT STAY ON SO LONG????

by Anonymousreply 174February 5, 2020 9:15 AM

I enjoyed that. Got a chuckle from the literary puff on Johnny’s book “ ‘Read this now!’ - Sunshine Bay’s Moira Rose”

by Anonymousreply 175February 5, 2020 9:21 AM

Musta been a cheap show to produce, cause it had no mojo....

by Anonymousreply 176February 5, 2020 9:42 AM

R43, Moira is Lola Heatherton with a bigger vocabulary.

O'Hara did not have to imitate another comedian. She was drawing on her own work.

by Anonymousreply 177February 5, 2020 12:08 PM

R95, I have Hulu and it is not on there.

There is a link to "LiveTV" where it can be watched (presumably)

by Anonymousreply 178February 5, 2020 12:09 PM

PopTV is free, but it's not worth wasting the 22 mins per episode to watch this season. Seriously, it's fucking awful. Complete dreck.

by Anonymousreply 179February 5, 2020 12:11 PM

I thought that was a big improvement over the previous episodes. And stoned cuddly Patrick is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 180February 5, 2020 1:06 PM

r180, this show is supposed to be a comedy, not an "adorable" night time soap.

by Anonymousreply 181February 5, 2020 1:10 PM

Lola Heatherton is jejune and unlettered. Je suis autodidact.

by Anonymousreply 182February 5, 2020 1:21 PM

[quote]Heh, I wanted to write exactly that but then decided against it. I don't need pissed off Canadian DLers riding my ass here. 😄

We don't sound like that. The only people who have a "Canadian accent" are the drunks from the east coast and the ghetto people from the reserves.

by Anonymousreply 183February 5, 2020 1:25 PM

Ted has been in only one episode and Roland has been in every single one, why ?

by Anonymousreply 184February 5, 2020 1:28 PM

If you recall, R184, Ted was shown only on the computer screen in a FaceTime chat -- there were no cuts to him in his environment -- so it is possible that he is not even n the same city they are filming. I don't love his character, but I LOATHE Roland's. I feel like I need to take a bath in hydrogen peroxide every time I see him on screen. Does ANYONE like his character?!? And the show has really gone off the rails. It has become a situational comedy now, and the setups are becoming more labored and absurd, and not terribly charming or character-driven. I've been very disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 185February 5, 2020 3:29 PM

I think this entire season was written by hippopotofrau slashfic writer. Expect the finale to include mpreg.

by Anonymousreply 186February 5, 2020 3:35 PM

The brawny bisexual guy is back next week. The preview looked good.

by Anonymousreply 187February 6, 2020 3:58 AM

Geeze, is there anything you hoes won't complain about?

by Anonymousreply 188February 6, 2020 4:03 AM

r188, comedy is supposed to be funny. This show isn't funny anymore. It stopped being funny when the writers made the huge mistake of changing it from a ensemble comedy to the tale of The Two Gays In The Village Being In Love.

The marshmallow cypher playing Patrick having more screen time than Catherine O'Hara is a travesty, in and of itself. Retconning Stevie from this tough, self-aware townie to a simpering, trembling, incompetent idiot is offensive. Retooling the show to focus on David and his Mary Sue and their relationship, to the exclusion of everything that made the show interesting and every cast member who can act, unlike those two, is a disaster.

Patrick the most boring character I can ever recall being bumped from supporting to lead. His only defining characteristic is endless dental issues. Noah can't act. Dan and he have no chemistry. And David only works in small doses. Patrick would only work as a character if he was referred to but never actually seen onscreen.

Annie Murphy is the standout of this show. She's being wasted as much as O'Hara. I really hope people will overlook the last 2.5 years of this show and that she'll go on to bigger and more consistent projects.

by Anonymousreply 189February 6, 2020 9:08 AM

Hey, if you don't like it -- and that's perfectly fine! -- don't watch it. I agree that the final season has been largely lackluster, but the last episode was better (and was written by one of the regular writers). And next week Jake is back (I may have squealed during the preview). I agree with others above (although not so vehemently) that Noad Reid isn't always the best actor, but his gobsmacked scenes with Jake are very funny.

by Anonymousreply 190February 6, 2020 6:18 PM

R190. "Don't watch it" is not really a legitimate reaction. It would be one thing to stop watching, say Duck Dynasty, because that is something we never liked, and never will like. A lot of us here really enjoyed previous seasons and episodes of Schitt's Creek, and are disappointed that this season has mostly been lackluster. So does that mean we should stop watching it? For some, sure. For most of us, of course not. We can remain hopeful that the writers regain their footing, and that there are a few more good episodes yet to come.

by Anonymousreply 191February 6, 2020 9:39 PM

[quote]marshmallow cypher playing Patrick

what is wrong with you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192February 7, 2020 4:15 AM

r192, he’s revolting.

by Anonymousreply 193February 7, 2020 7:48 AM

"Don't watch it" seems a perfectly legitimate reaction, though. I watched as much as I could until I finally could not stand Chris Elliott any more, even if he had only a tiny part in a particular episode, and I stopped. I'm certain it was quite good after S04E05 but there wasn't any benefit to me continuing to watch a show I wasn't enjoying anymore.

It may not be the answer for you, but that doesn't mean it's an "illegitimate reaction."

by Anonymousreply 194February 7, 2020 9:56 AM

I love that Ronnie doesn't like Patrick. So random.

by Anonymousreply 195February 7, 2020 10:05 AM

Patrick was a little bitchy to her about doing the tile job in the bathroom of the store, tried to imply she should be enjoying lunch when there was work to be done, and then made an insincere gesture with a gift basket.

by Anonymousreply 196February 7, 2020 10:11 AM

Ronnie is the proxy for the opinions of the vast majority of the audience. Notice her role has been axed down to nearly nothing. Dan & Noah don’t give a fuck that no one but them wants to see the David & Patrick Love Each Other So Sweetly Show.

by Anonymousreply 197February 7, 2020 10:21 AM

Patrick looked fucking adorable in the last episode

by Anonymousreply 198February 7, 2020 7:45 PM

Noah Reid looks as though his natural body odor smells like bologna and that he douses himself in Lysol to try to mask it.

by Anonymousreply 199February 7, 2020 8:13 PM

R191's response is understandable, but I quit watching many shows I loved once they ran out of ideas or jumped that shark or lost the talent that made them great.

You can smell whether they're having a glitch or if it's the stink of something dead.

As for me, my good will and appreciation for the cast, writing and direction all keep me watching, Not perfect, no. But better than most. Meaning nearly all.

So much kvetching. One pictures the usual suspects of a certain lack of experience who cannot shut up when their impulses are thwarted. THAT'S the show I want not to see again here.

by Anonymousreply 200February 7, 2020 8:19 PM

S1 - S5 are on the Roku Channel.

by Anonymousreply 201February 7, 2020 8:41 PM

Off the top of my head, Married, With Children, and The Office (US) are two popular sitcoms that should have ended after 4 or 5 seasons. The rest of their TV lives were absolute shit. SC can be added to that list, but at least they they're smart enough to throw in the towel after this season.

by Anonymousreply 202February 7, 2020 8:46 PM

Obviously, this show is going out with a whimper and not a bang.

by Anonymousreply 203February 12, 2020 2:04 AM

Is OP one of Melania's relatives?

by Anonymousreply 204February 12, 2020 2:12 AM

I wish the David-Patrick-Jake three way happened. It would be fun to see awkward three way mugging down.

by Anonymousreply 205February 12, 2020 5:14 AM

Interesting redtag on this one.

by Anonymousreply 206February 12, 2020 7:26 AM

What a schitt show! And a wasted opportunity for David and Patrick to have a threeway with Jake and have their relationship tested.

by Anonymousreply 207February 13, 2020 1:20 AM

I stopped watching after season 2.

Catherine O'Hara and Annie Murphy would be great if the show was a recurring sketch, but in a series, their plunking the same note again and again, episode after episode, gave me a headache.

And as for David and Patrick, if I wanted to look at puffy gays over 35, I'd go on Manhunt.

by Anonymousreply 208February 13, 2020 1:29 AM

I don't like them giving Stevie a purpose in the final seasons. Should've done that seasons ago. Confused and questioning Stevie makes me uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 209February 13, 2020 10:05 AM

Showing that morning show felt wrong. Patrick being up for a threesome also felt off. And I didn't totally buy Stevie at an orgy.

Despite those discordant notes I enjoyed the ep. Always nice to see more of Ronnie and Bob. Ronnie puts on a leather vest for a night out. Love that detail. That actress is hilarious and they have been wasting her all these years.

I wonder if we'll get Gwen's side of the story.

Damn, just realized we're almost halfway through the season. Too late to return to the heights of seasons three and four. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 210February 13, 2020 12:01 PM

Nice to see that Ronnie is a lesbian. I assumed, but confirmation is nice.

And I always felt John Hemphill was an underrated comedy actor. He was very good on SCTV and seeing him here is great.

by Anonymousreply 211February 13, 2020 1:46 PM

R210: I don't know for certain since it was never explicitly stated, but I don't think Jake had invited people over for an orgy. It seemed to me that it really was just Friends Over for Whiskey. And in my head, I called Jake as the relationship endgame for Pony, er, Stevie a long time ago, and it seems like maybe they're going in that direction. Lucky Stevie -- Steve Lund is fiiine.

How many times are they going to break up Ted and Alexis? C'mon, show...

Agreed with those above: More Ronnie, please, but I've said that every season. (See also: Less Roland, please.)

by Anonymousreply 212February 13, 2020 8:58 PM

Stevie, of all people, knows that with Jake there's always a good chance of an orgy. Or a chance of a good orgy.

by Anonymousreply 213February 13, 2020 10:00 PM

I don't know ANYONE who likes Roland, yet the writers continue to give him scenes that could easily be given to someone else. Are they that clueless?

by Anonymousreply 214February 13, 2020 11:18 PM

I love Chris Elliot in anything., so I like Roland.

by Anonymousreply 215February 14, 2020 9:25 AM

R215 The cheese stands alone.

by Anonymousreply 216February 14, 2020 9:36 AM

I wish they'd kill Patrick off.

by Anonymousreply 217February 14, 2020 9:59 AM

R217 I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

by Anonymousreply 218February 14, 2020 10:43 AM

R217 That would add a much needed twist to the story if Patrick Gets murdered on his wedding day.

by Anonymousreply 219February 14, 2020 11:32 AM

Have they ever done a Dawson’s Creek parody with the show?

by Anonymousreply 220February 14, 2020 11:35 AM

No, but there's a Dawson's Crack porn parody.

by Anonymousreply 221February 14, 2020 11:54 AM

[quote]"I love Chris Elliot in anything."

Put that in Google.

Google says:

[quote]No results found for "I love Chris Elliott in anything".

by Anonymousreply 222February 15, 2020 1:25 PM

He was kinda funny in Medusa: Dare to Be Truthful

by Anonymousreply 223February 15, 2020 1:33 PM

Did they fire the writers from other seasons?

by Anonymousreply 224February 19, 2020 1:34 AM

It hasn't been funny since Patrick entered the picture.

by Anonymousreply 225February 19, 2020 1:35 AM

Tonight's epi was lame and laugh free. Alexis brings the girls to a cult. David and Moira go to a stupid wine tasting. Patrick and Johnny watch tv.

by Anonymousreply 226February 19, 2020 4:16 AM

The guy who played Citris is pretty hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227February 19, 2020 5:45 AM

^^^He's on the CBC show Heartland and did a couple of Hallmark xmas movies. Married to a woman but pings to high Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 228February 19, 2020 10:30 AM

You guys are crazy. This is a fun season and I'm going to miss it very much

by Anonymousreply 229February 19, 2020 10:25 PM

Patrick is so boring.

by Anonymousreply 230February 20, 2020 12:39 AM

Whimper, whimper, whimper......

by Anonymousreply 231February 26, 2020 2:37 AM

Glad they split Alexis up. No way it'd have worked with the simpleton. I hope she gets someone awesome.

by Anonymousreply 232February 26, 2020 4:41 AM

Noooo not Alexis and Theodore! That was heartbreaking.

Although I was very distracted by what ever Dustin did to his teeth. Patrick with the toned down tan was very nice! much better than when he looks white as a ghost.

by Anonymousreply 233February 26, 2020 8:44 AM

I’m confused as to how much time has elapsed between end of season 4 and now. Jocelyn and Rowland’s baby still looks very young. Definitely not two years old as it would be in real world time.

by Anonymousreply 234February 26, 2020 8:52 AM

Ted is looking like crap. White people age like fricken bananas.

by Anonymousreply 235February 26, 2020 9:19 AM

Annie Murphy has a new job: Kevin Can Fuck Himself. She is my fave character and the strongest actor of the series, with Emily Hampshire a close second. I hope Annie has great success in a real show.

by Anonymousreply 236February 26, 2020 9:22 AM

There is little to no passage of time between the seasons, so the show has slowly become more and more out of sync with real world time. (It seems like season six starts maybe a week after season 5 ended. Clearly some time passed between the end of season 4 and start of season 5, but it could be just a week or two. Although I don't understand how the Christmas episode fits in.)

The Alexis/Ted resolution was telegraphed so hard that it had no oomph for me. Mostly I'm just sad we won't see more of tasty Ted, who looked fine in that suit. Annie Murphy nailed it though. She really is a gem.

by Anonymousreply 237February 26, 2020 11:41 AM

Mutt was just mancandy, he had zero intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 238February 26, 2020 7:16 PM

What the hell happened to Mulligan's upper front teeth in the diner scene? They got huge. Veneers?

by Anonymousreply 239February 26, 2020 8:33 PM

Pure fantasy, but it is a fun show to watch. Especially as an alternative to the reality of the Trump shitshow that we're living through. It's nice to escape for a half hour into a world free of all that stress and anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 240February 26, 2020 8:38 PM

R240 Yes indeed. Schitts Creek had maybe two good seasons. Now it is just redundant unfunny crap. Like the Indian guy, fuck does he annoy me. I want to grind him up in a meat grinder.

by Anonymousreply 241February 26, 2020 8:57 PM

I've been enjoying this season, even though it has a slightly different feel from previous ones. It's a switch to see Alexis with more confidence and Stevie with less.

I don't think Ted and Alexis broke up, they just decided to stay long distance for now. He will not be in the Galapagos islands forever.

And I agree with others, it is great to see Ronnie and Bob back on the show.

by Anonymousreply 242February 26, 2020 9:48 PM

Ted looked a lot different. I used to think he was handsome a f, but, on the latest episode, he didn't look great. I don't think it is just the beard. He looked thinner maybe? His mouth seemed more pronounced? There was something less attractive about him. I have not been loving this season so far, but the end of the last episode was quite lovely. I realize I simply do not find Patrick endearing or amusing, which is a problem considering he is the main character.

by Anonymousreply 243February 26, 2020 10:38 PM

R243 it was his teeth It looked like he got huge veneers. Changed his whole face

by Anonymousreply 244February 26, 2020 10:42 PM

First couple seasons were funny, then they made David so over the top, like a caricature of himself - and that boyfriend Patrick is hideous.

Ted is ridiculously hot. Moira and Alexis are still funny.

by Anonymousreply 245February 26, 2020 10:49 PM

R242 You're a fucking moron. They did break up. That is why it was a "sad" episode. Alexis said she would have refused Ted if he didn't take his "dream" job. Ted said he would have refused Alexis if she wanted to go to the Islands w Ted because she was meant for greater things. This means they broke up, you fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 246February 26, 2020 11:02 PM

R246 your reply seems way over-the-top angry about a tv show

by Anonymousreply 247February 26, 2020 11:07 PM

R243 what fucking show are you watching? Patrick is a side character. Alexis and Moira are the two main characters, all others are supporting characters. David is revoltingly annoying, no way you'd build a show around such a hideous one note character. Patrick is equally as hideous and annoying as David.

by Anonymousreply 248February 26, 2020 11:08 PM

R247 If you write something so ridiculously untrue like saying Ted and Alexis DIDN'T break up, you will have your tits and balls ripped off.

by Anonymousreply 249February 26, 2020 11:11 PM

The four Roses are the main characters, r248. I can't tell if you're trying (and failing) to be clever or are just unhinged in general.

by Anonymousreply 250February 27, 2020 12:27 AM

No mousepads for you, R242.

by Anonymousreply 251February 27, 2020 1:12 AM

Weren't they about to have Skype sex, when the red ants started attacking again? That doesn't seem as though they are broken up…

by Anonymousreply 252February 27, 2020 1:45 AM

R246, I (r242) have not yet seen episode 8, The Presidential Suite, so I did not know that they have actually broken up.

by Anonymousreply 253February 27, 2020 2:08 AM

R243 When they showed the flashback to Alexis meeting Ted, and then went back and showed present day Ted, it became even more obvious.

by Anonymousreply 254February 27, 2020 2:28 AM

R254 Maybe we are to assume they have good cheap dental cosmetic surgery clinics in the Galapagos, combining eco tourism and medical tourism would be a smart move for South and Central American countries?

by Anonymousreply 255February 27, 2020 2:34 AM

R250 the two male Roses are superfluous. They are not stars or star material. Dan Levy's inclusion of the charisma free, unable to emote or act, deadweight Patrick character is what destroyed this show. He thinks he is being so revolutionary with his show. Not at all. I would watch any show with Alexis, Moira, and Stevie, even Jocelyn. The female characters are awesome. The male characters are all duds.

by Anonymousreply 256February 27, 2020 4:14 AM

R250, of course that's your opinion, not an actual fact.

I find Patrick's character a charming and welcome addition to the show. I think his low-key playing is a lovely counterbalance to David's histrionics

by Anonymousreply 257February 27, 2020 4:51 AM

Patrick is that guy that brings everything to a screeching halt whenever he speaks. I can't imagine anyone in that family giving him the time of day except for David. None of these characters need a counterbalance and NOW, thanks to one of you sons-of-bitches, I think of him smelling like bologna. I get the character's charm but this is the wrong show for it.

I don't think the show has lost any of its established humor because it's always been about the Roses' reactions to the rural town folk--and each other--and that hasn't really changed IMO. The cult shit is something that I can overlook.

by Anonymousreply 258February 27, 2020 9:45 AM

I like Patrick, but I have to agree he doesn't mesh well with the other Roses. I think that's why we really see him interacting with them. He does partner well with Stevie.

Why have we seen so little of Jocelyn? Is the actress filming something else?

by Anonymousreply 259February 27, 2020 12:34 PM

Absolutely Fabulous wouldn't be half as fun without Saffron being the steady counter balance to Patsy's and Eddie's shenanigans.

On Schitt's Creek the townsfolk, including Patrick, create a great contrast to the Rose family's over the top attitude and shenanigans.

And in any entertainment show it's about the viewer being able to connect with at least one character and for some viewers that are the regular, average, boring people who are just dumbstruck by the over the top characters.

by Anonymousreply 260February 27, 2020 12:39 PM

Ted looked much more buff and in shape, as well as hairy, than he had in the past but those big teeth were definitely a deal-killer. Alexis looked really beautiful in their final scene.

by Anonymousreply 261February 27, 2020 1:03 PM

While I understand your point, R260, and I'm not disagreeing, citing AbFab also sheds some light on the dynamics between Patrick and the other Roses. One of the smart things about AbFab was that underneath the comedy there was a solid dramatic core of three generations of family dysfunction. But Patrick has no stakes with any characters other than David so there just isn't as much to work with.

I guess I just wish that when they decided to give Patrick more screen time, they developed his relationships with the other characters more.

Yes, I'm thinking way too much about this.

by Anonymousreply 262February 27, 2020 1:38 PM

[quote]Yes, I'm thinking way too much about this.

Ya think?

by Anonymousreply 263February 27, 2020 1:40 PM

While I still largely enjoy the show (thanks for Dustin M in tight tank top!) I think it's time for it to check out and turn in its key. The creators seem to have run out of story lines and are smart to end it now.

by Anonymousreply 264February 27, 2020 8:27 PM

Dustin looked downright ugly in the last episode. WTF happened? It wasn't just the veneers. He looked that that creature Geena Davis and Alex Baldwin turned themselves into in Beetlejuice with the long beak and no eyes.

by Anonymousreply 265February 28, 2020 12:37 AM

Agreed. He looked really bad. That horrible sidecut. Huge teeth. The beard looks terrible on him. He aged very poorly since a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 266February 28, 2020 1:23 AM

This episode was a bit of an improvement, I think part of it was the whole episode was spread equally between all the characters and with this show a little of each of them goes a long way.

by Anonymousreply 267March 4, 2020 6:12 AM

It wasn't a bad episode. I like that Jocelyn turned down David. Alexis going out with an 80 year old was disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 268March 4, 2020 6:28 AM

The latest episode was absolutely delightful; the best of the season so far. I love the protest signs. 'We are angry" etc. And the humor was a result of who the characters are, not forced on them for the sake of the plot. If the rest of the series is as good as this episode, I will miss it, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 269March 4, 2020 8:12 PM

If the rest of your cunt is as cunty as your cunt, I will cunt it indeed.

by Anonymousreply 270March 4, 2020 8:37 PM

Alexis’ bf this episode was hot Henry Czerny!

by Anonymousreply 271March 5, 2020 2:01 AM

HORRIBLY UNFUNNY show. Can't believe people like Catherine O'Hara would have anything to do with this. The writing is so weak, nothing clever or witty, just standard 'shit' jokes.

by Anonymousreply 272March 5, 2020 2:55 AM

O'Hara must've had work done this past summer. She looked like she was in her late 70's (with makeup too), but in the latest episodes, her jowls are either pulled up under her wig, or stapled behind her neck (ala Fonda).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273March 5, 2020 3:00 AM

Agreed, last night's episode was better than some of the previous ones this season. And it's ALWAYS nice to see handsome Henry Czerny on my screen.

by Anonymousreply 274March 5, 2020 10:20 PM

Moira looked really nice with that shorter gray wig.

David and Patrick have been so testy with each other lately.

Would love to see the return of Mutt for an episode. They did bring Jake back.

by Anonymousreply 275March 6, 2020 8:40 PM

I’m not understanding all the hate for the show or this season.

Glad they are giving a great storyline to the actress playing Alexis.

by Anonymousreply 276March 6, 2020 8:46 PM

Tonight's episode was average. A few laughs. Dan Levy is insufferable as always. No Jocelyn. Sad. No Patrick. Thank cunt. Seeing the gay guy from Titanic was sad. She will obviously get coronavirus since she must be in her 80s by now.

by Anonymousreply 277March 11, 2020 2:12 AM

Well, that was a waste of Victor Garbor. I’m surprised that haven had former SCTV stars on in cameo roles like this? Is John Candy still living, you just don’t hear much about him anymore?

by Anonymousreply 278March 11, 2020 5:18 AM

Oh honey, you might want to sit down... R278

by Anonymousreply 279March 11, 2020 6:14 AM

I was expecting umpteen posts crowing about Patrick's absence. Maybe the haters finally realized there's no point watching a show you don't like.

Though to be honest I'm watching as much out of habit as anything else. Too often the jokes feel forced. I did love the hair extension gag, that was very funny. And Eugene Levy did great work in this ep.

There better be more to come with this Sunrise Bay reboot. Moira turning it down makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 280March 11, 2020 11:29 AM

Victor Garber does drunk very well.

by Anonymousreply 281March 12, 2020 9:10 PM

Not a bad episode tonight. Alexis is my favourite character followed by Jocelyn and Moira. Alexis has decided to leave the town. Johnny's business venture finds some old business partners. So glad this is almost over.

by Anonymousreply 282March 18, 2020 6:37 AM

Aw. Ted would have loved any escape room, let alone that one.

by Anonymousreply 283March 18, 2020 2:39 PM

I feel they gave the Ted actor a bad hand this season. Did he already have another acting conflict with filming?

by Anonymousreply 284March 18, 2020 2:41 PM

Dustin Milligan did it to himself R284 with those horrible new veneers. No one wants to see those. No one.

by Anonymousreply 285March 18, 2020 2:46 PM

Agreed. Considering how horrible he looked in his last appearance. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 286March 18, 2020 6:10 PM

The irony of those statements above is that it was probably true due to Dan Levy’s pettiness, I’m betting that he is playing a toned down and more sympathetic version of himself as David.

by Anonymousreply 287March 18, 2020 7:20 PM

I thought the last episode was nice, but. mostly because it gave Alexis a good story line, and the actress is lovely. I started out not liking the series because I don't like the Patrick character, and I think I might end up that way. I wish he were written with some more redeeming qualities, but, as is, he is a particular kind of loathsome.

by Anonymousreply 288March 18, 2020 8:09 PM

I don't understand the Patrick hate. Loathsome? How is he a worse person than any of the Roses?

by Anonymousreply 289March 18, 2020 8:24 PM

Alexis is not loathsome. She is adorably clueless and as last night's episode showed, she is actually remarkably intelligent. She has always been the breakout star. Moira is meant to be a cliched OTT actress which she plays well but her screaming all the time is annoying. David has always been rather annoying. He is way too selfish and narcissistic to be with an actual man, who'd put up with his antics. That is why they chose someone bland, generic, white bread like Noah Reid to play his partner. There is not much to his character and that is by design.

by Anonymousreply 290March 19, 2020 12:02 AM

Alexis’ impersonation of Moira left me for dead! So great.

Dustin also does some impersonations in a YouTube video. It’s really good albeit waaay too short.

by Anonymousreply 291March 19, 2020 1:39 AM

R288. I'm sorry; I meant the David character is loathsome, not Patrick. David spoils the show for me, because his character has no arc. He was a whiny narcissistic selfish man when the show started, and he is that way now. It would be different if his character helped the others grow, but it does not. I cringe whenever he is on screen.

by Anonymousreply 292March 19, 2020 3:27 PM

R292 that is what the whole Jocelyn rejecting the job offer was meant to show. That no actual humans would choose to be around David.

by Anonymousreply 293March 19, 2020 5:46 PM

[quote]Alexis is not loathsome.

She's . . . .

a little bit Alexis!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294March 20, 2020 11:26 AM

Annie Murphy is so fucking good in this. After the Escape Room episode I so want a spin off like The Big Bang Theory (Young Sheldon) called Young Alexis where she escapes all these kidnappings from her youth.

And those T-shirts!!! "I'm With Stupid / I'm Stupid" LOL. And I love how some guys got into the escape room spirit later on. Reminds me of AB Fab where Patsy starts to like playing ping pong (thinking it's the drugs that make her get into it):

by Anonymousreply 295March 21, 2020 3:20 AM

So do they all die a horrendously horrible death in the last episode as a dark twist?

by Anonymousreply 296March 21, 2020 3:25 AM

The problem with that is they probably would need a different actress to play young Alexis R295

by Anonymousreply 297March 21, 2020 5:00 AM

R297 why would that be a problem, dumb twat. Young Sheldon has a brilliantly intelligent actor to play super fay, so gay he might fly away Jim Parsons.

by Anonymousreply 298March 21, 2020 5:30 AM

Only 3 episodes to go. I think the finale should be - they turn Fayvid into cunt candles since he is enough of a cunt to last a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 299March 24, 2020 11:17 PM

R299 = fail

by Anonymousreply 300March 25, 2020 12:38 AM

The latest one was a bit rough, because you knew these young investment jerks would give good ol' Johnny a hard time.

Love the family prayer circle moment.

Oh-oh. That look Patrick gave David at the end.

by Anonymousreply 301March 25, 2020 7:58 AM

Honestly I don't know what sweet Patrick sees in cunty, selfish David.

by Anonymousreply 302March 25, 2020 2:23 PM

R302. Exactly. Since he is an actual REAL person, right.

by Anonymousreply 303March 25, 2020 4:07 PM

Patrick's other options are joining Jake's harem, getting Ray drunk, or a DL restroom encounter with Bob.

by Anonymousreply 304March 26, 2020 4:56 PM

Or maybe Mutt is back and realized that women weren't for him. (My choice.)

by Anonymousreply 305March 26, 2020 4:58 PM

Speaking of Mutt, was his character a plot hole that they will never speak of again?

I'm going to watch the pilot episode tonight. If I recall correctly, wasn't Jocelyn kind of whorish? Now her character has been made more "wholesome."

by Anonymousreply 306March 26, 2020 5:35 PM

Which one was the bisexual that was recently on again?

by Anonymousreply 307March 26, 2020 5:55 PM

R307 that's Jake

by Anonymousreply 308March 26, 2020 6:47 PM

I don't think Jocelyn was ever whorish. Moira at one point thought so because Jocelyn was visiting Mutt, her son, and Moira was unaware of the relationship.

Mutt came back later with another girlfriend and they wound up breaking up but the actor moved on to another series.

by Anonymousreply 309March 26, 2020 10:34 PM

Plot twist: Mutt hasn't been seen because he's tied up in Jake's carpentry workshop/sex dungeon.

by Anonymousreply 310March 27, 2020 1:40 AM

David and Patrick re-enacting romantic comedies for the cover of Entertainment Weekly...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311March 27, 2020 4:12 AM

Very good article in EW, thanks r311

by Anonymousreply 312March 27, 2020 4:59 AM

Tonight was the penultimate episode of SC. It was good. Twyla winning 46 million was the worst type of shark jumping. Except for that stupid faux pas, I liked the rest. I'm glad David is staying in SC with his husband.

by Anonymousreply 313April 1, 2020 12:46 AM

R313 It’s been set in South Carolina all along?

by Anonymousreply 314April 1, 2020 1:23 AM

R314 SC stands for Schitt's Creek

by Anonymousreply 315April 1, 2020 5:22 AM

I liked last night’s episode a lot. The show definitely evolved from an absurd sitcom to a comic romance, and the final season has been lackluster. But it’s still a very sweet and lovely show, and in the era of Trump and plague, I welcome its big sopping heart.

by Anonymousreply 316April 1, 2020 10:01 AM

That stone house was weird, right? No windows in the front. It was a bunker.

by Anonymousreply 317April 1, 2020 1:52 PM

R317 There’s probably a dry well in the basement too. The show takes a dark turn at the end.

by Anonymousreply 318April 1, 2020 2:24 PM

Annoyed that Patrick wouldn't at least VISIT NYC to see if he liked it.

He reminds me of the typical small town folk that I grew up with -- no desire to see the world and move outside of their childhood zip code. I moved to NYC as soon as I turned 18 and never looked back.

by Anonymousreply 319April 1, 2020 3:57 PM

I cried like a bébé

by Anonymousreply 320April 1, 2020 8:57 PM

I cried too. Side note: David has really aged - did anyone notice that? The rest of them all look the same. Beautiful episode.

by Anonymousreply 321April 1, 2020 9:40 PM

David’s crying was really moving.

by Anonymousreply 322April 1, 2020 9:44 PM

One pizza? Is this Les Mis?

by Anonymousreply 323April 2, 2020 1:29 PM

I think the house had windows. I definitely remember it had pink shutters. Maybe they were purely decorative.

by Anonymousreply 324April 2, 2020 3:32 PM

The house definitely had windows. Not sure why someone would say it didn't. It was charming.

by Anonymousreply 325April 2, 2020 4:12 PM

Of course Twyla had 46million. Makes total sense. Knew they would be giving her character some sort of big revelation.

by Anonymousreply 326April 2, 2020 7:04 PM

Cuties...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327April 2, 2020 9:09 PM

I know a woman somewhat like Twyla. Over the course of six years she inherited close to $6 million from relatives who died back in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

She bought into the hair salon she worked at and became a part owner.

She's still there after 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 328April 2, 2020 10:27 PM

Twyla "winning" the lottery was fucking retarded, anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking moron. Terrible writing. Alexis isn't a moron, she would have taken the money.

by Anonymousreply 329April 3, 2020 2:23 AM

I liked it. It makes her kind of like a guardian angel. No wonder she puts up with everyone’s bullshit so well without being bothered by it. She is just enjoying the characters like we are.

by Anonymousreply 330April 3, 2020 2:26 AM

Sorry not everyone is a grifter like you R329

by Anonymousreply 331April 3, 2020 3:29 AM

R330 Guardian angel my ass. She is a minor character who should not have had such a stupid story added. Dan Levy is a fucking moron for adding this.

by Anonymousreply 332April 6, 2020 11:48 AM

Dan Levy did an Instagram live video last week with his sister Sarah Levy, who plays Twyla. It was annoying as fuck. The entire conversation was about how Sarah makes her smoothies. She measured out ingredients and blended them into a green smoothie. They could have discussed anything, and that is what they chose to talk about.

But it seemed really obvious based on their interactions and her personality and interests that his real-life sister Sarah, who became Twyla, was the inspiration for David’s sister Alexis. She seemed really flaky and flighty, trend obsessed but not exactly dumb. Even the way she speaks and what she said were Alexis-like.

So I am guessing that the Rose family are all probably somewhat like the real Levy family. Eugene is obviously a lot like the father he plays...does this mean then that his mother is as histrionic and delusional as Moira?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333April 6, 2020 11:56 AM

OMG Daniel Levy’s mother’s name is Deborah Divine and she seriously is real-life Moira!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334April 6, 2020 11:58 AM

hmm not sure what to think of the finale

by Anonymousreply 335April 8, 2020 1:40 AM

I loved Schitt's Creek originally but gave up on the last two seasons before this last one.

Something had changed for the worse, and no matter how much I love O'Hara, I couldn't take it.

by Anonymousreply 336April 8, 2020 1:43 AM

This finale should have been the penultimate episode with one more to go. Ending on the marriage of David and Patrick doesnt seem the right way to end the show.

Everyone, except Stevie, looked stunning though.

by Anonymousreply 337April 8, 2020 3:43 AM

Patrick: I'm going to keep this short because I am a paper thin character with no arc whatsoever. I am a generic white boy your KKK-loving mother would love. I am the worst actor to ever grace the screen.

by Anonymousreply 338April 8, 2020 9:24 AM

Noah whatever his name is should be black balled for ruining this show. He's fucking awful. And Dan Levy's narcissism should have him remanded to a psych ward. He destroyed his own show and clearly has no idea about why people originally liked the series. Hint: it wasn't you or your romances, honey.

by Anonymousreply 339April 8, 2020 9:28 AM

It's a good thing he chose to end it now. It only had maybe three good years before he ruined it. I will hate him forever for not giving Alexis anything concrete on the last show. She deserved a better boyfriend than Ted and her own place established in NYC or wherever she was going. To give her absolutely nothing in the end, while stupidly giving his sister 46 million in pretend cash. Good grief, Dan is a fucking low life/loser/retard/cuntard.

by Anonymousreply 340April 8, 2020 9:50 AM

You guys here haaaaaaaate everything. The series was a lot funnier early on and got better season by season, as it changed from a comedy to a romance, until the final season, which was a soft landing. But it’s not a terrible show at all. It’s sweet.

I appreciate that it was an auteur project with a clear creative vision. If it were a US network sitcom, it would have run 15 terrible seasons and the last four would have centered around terrible stunt guest stars with news leaking about cast feuds, showrunners being fired and replaced endlessly.

by Anonymousreply 341April 8, 2020 10:27 AM

IMHO the show should've ended officially with the previous episode and the wedding being a two part special later this year. It was nice, but it felt rushed like a thing to get over with. David's happy ending massage was a strange thing to add in the finale. Love Moira's pope outfit at the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 342April 8, 2020 12:36 PM

It did sort of morph into a show about david.

Loved Alexis and agree she didn’t have much to do in the finale (or for most of this season). Not cool. Annie Murphy really is brilliant. Also apparently lovely and completely down to earth. I hope she has a long career.

I watched Dan’s Instagram live with his sister. Didn’t find her to be that similar to Alexis - just found their vibe to be very strange. She seemed like she was nervous she would do something to make him mad and was walking on egg shells.

Also watched Dan’s Instagram live with Jesse Tyler Ferguson. I guess they are close friends?

Loved Moira’s pope outfit. Will miss the show.

by Anonymousreply 343April 8, 2020 2:58 PM

Yeah, R343, I am a little sad thinking about Alexis moving to NYC by herself to...become a publicist? I mean, I guess it's personal growth and all, but Murphy's performance made me feel like deeper waters ran under her superficial facade.

She emphasized that last night when she was being sweet to Moira and then she seemed to put on 'the old Alexis' mannerisms as she awkwardly walked out of the room. I thought to myself, "Nooooo, Alexis, it's OK to be better!" And then I thought to myself, "God, she's such a good actress to make me read so much into this character based on movements and facial expressions."

A lot of people here are obviously annoyed by Dan's decision to make it the David story, but last week and this week, both Dan and Annie had multiple brilliant, quiet moments when their faces registered, rejected, and then accepted sentiments that they both would've been "too cool" for in early seasons. I got choked up several times regardless of the plot directions.

I agree with critics featured in the making-of documentary who said that this show did something by being totally positive and earning the emotions that the characters blossomed with in the last couple of seasons. The series never could have begun with this sensibility; it would have been saccharine and sentimental. But to start off so bitter and end so sweetly is a really welcome thing for me right now. The world is so fucking disgusting and dreadful, and I welcomed the escapism.

by Anonymousreply 344April 8, 2020 3:26 PM

Alexis grew up and finally became an adult. An adult who knew she had to let go of Ted because they both wanted different things and she wouldn't be able to go on with the relationship. She knows he was willing to give up everything for her but she finally understood that not everything is about her.

And David finally stopped being a flake who thought he was unlovable and no one would ever want him. Don't pretend many of us haven't gone through this. When Moira told Alexis to ignore David's barbs because he only lashes out out of fear wasn't just a funny line but also the truth about David.

The final season was about adult children growing up.

by Anonymousreply 345April 8, 2020 3:28 PM

r345, but David isn't just unloveable, he's also completely unlikable and Dan Levy made the fatal mistake, both for the show and what could have been his career, of trying to make a star of himself when he's only tolerable for two minutes at a time, max. The focus shift from the family and the townies to The David & Patrick Show completely ruined the series. You don't have Catherine O'Hara in your main cast and spend 95% of your time shoving Noah Reed in front of the camera, if you have any fucking sense. Levy is a narcissistic, tone deaf idiot who has proven himself to lack any self-awareness or artistic instinct.

I hope Annie Murphy has a long and fabulous career, that the entire cast refuses to come near Levy ever again because of the bait & switch he pulled on them and that he's left begging for his VJ job back. And I hope Noah Reed reconsiders whether acting is really something he's cut out for, because it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 346April 8, 2020 3:48 PM

R346 You're entitled to your opinion...and that's your opinion. It's not everyone's opinion. I like David and I relate to David. During the documentary that aired after the finale, some woman said that David is a typically "arch" queer character and that the show is a very gay show that communicates the damage done to gay people even without ever directly referencing it--because viewers intuit that David is causing because he's been damaged and had to determine that no one will ever love him and he is 'untouchable.' I agree with all of that. That's the show I watched. And that sensibility is why I cried so much watching it. Maybe it hasn't been your experience, but I relate to David *a lot* and although I will be 42 in one month, I still haven't reached the point David reached by the end of the series. But the show made me think that I would like to. I am a lot like David, but because the show hit a nerve so often for me, particularly with David's story arc and the way Dan Levy performed the character, it has forced me to rethink what I really want versus what I have accepted is all I can have.

by Anonymousreply 347April 8, 2020 4:11 PM

r346

what bait and switch?

by Anonymousreply 348April 8, 2020 5:04 PM

R346 seems a little unhinged with the Dan Levy hate.

by Anonymousreply 349April 8, 2020 5:22 PM

Much like a lot of this thread r349.

by Anonymousreply 350April 8, 2020 5:25 PM

Alexis' character development reminded me of the movie Party Girl where Parker Posey's character Mary finally realizes that she has to get a job and become a grown up.

I can't remember the season where her friends come to visit and she realizes they're all vacuous assholes and that she used to be those people. When the one woman tells Alexis about being apart for so long that this shouldn't happen again and Alexis says, "It won't" meaning she had no plans to see them again, was the start of her growing up.

by Anonymousreply 351April 8, 2020 5:28 PM

I was a little disappointed that Johnny and Moira left Schitt's Creek at the end. They're staying would have shown some character growth, but, alas, their eagerness to leave showed that they really didn't evolve that much from the first episode in which they were eager to escape. I wish they showed a little more reluctance to leave than they did.

I also rue that the show became more about the romance than about the town, because the town's characters were quite distinct and likable, and it was wonderful how they all managed to work with each other despite their differences. I particularly liked Ronnie, and I hope the actress gets more work.

Like everyone else, I loved Alexis, and the actress is wonderful. I, too, thought that her friends coming to visit was a turning point in her evolution. Like others, I also find David's character annoying and one note, but it became more of an issue when the show became about him and Patrick, and less about the town. I did not mind Patrick He was the vanilla that held the family together, much the way the "normal" daughter did in The Munsters. I enjoyed watching the show, but it is not one I will revisit, or wish that there were more seasons of. It ran its course, and it was a mostly delightful one.

by Anonymousreply 352April 8, 2020 5:53 PM

Moira's Pope Joan outfit was amazing.

Such mixed feelings about it ending. On the one hand the show had more than run its course. But even past its prime it was rather charming. And a wonderful vehicle for some great actors, especially (of course!) Catherine O'Hara and Annie Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 353April 8, 2020 8:16 PM

I believe all the characters experienced growth during the run. Alexis, the most-Moira the least. I almost fell off my chair when Moira was revealed at the wedding, David looked alright but Alexis was the definition of stunning.

by Anonymousreply 354April 8, 2020 8:42 PM

I agree with poster above who said the comment in the documentary about David’s archness breaking during the “simply the best” scene in season 4 was the so moving and what made the show so special for its gay audience. The way that woman articulated that made me really emotional. It was beautifully said and resonated.

If you haven’t watched the documentary, I recommend. It’s over the top in terms of the tone (takes itself VERY seriously), but also kind of lovely.

And I find Dan Levy sexy. Sue me. David was whatever but when I see Dan interviewed - something about him is hot. He’s probably a lot to deal with but he’s very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 355April 8, 2020 8:54 PM

David was wearing a Thom Browne suit at his wedding. I always pictured him to be wearing fashions that were just slightly out of date, so it shook me a little to see him wearing something so identifiably courant.

by Anonymousreply 356April 8, 2020 8:55 PM

DL on sex vs loyalty (re: the happy ending)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357April 8, 2020 9:07 PM

they even brought Ray back for the finale... why no Mutt though?

by Anonymousreply 358April 8, 2020 10:25 PM

For all you people hoping Dan Levy goes back to his VJ job, he has one acting credit post Schitt's Creek according to IMDB.

by Anonymousreply 359April 9, 2020 1:34 AM

I doubt he is looking for many acting jobs, R359. My guess is that he is writing another series. Why would you want to go back to acting, after you've written and produced your own series for six seasons?

by Anonymousreply 360April 9, 2020 1:43 AM

Based on Alexis' backstory she was perfectly capable to fend for herself before the show and will do well after the show has ended. When it comes to Alexis the show was nothing but an interlude where she struggled to be around her family and being poor. The only thing that really changed was her starting her own career.

by Anonymousreply 361April 9, 2020 11:27 AM

Alexis' trajectory throughout the show's run was poorly written and wrought. If Dan Levy wasn't such a clueless hack himself he could have done a lot more with her character but sadly nothing of substance was gifted to her. Even though the show was spread out over 6 years, in SC terms it was only three years. Her growth was not bad. She was a clueless puerile narcissistic moron in the beginning. She did prove she had plenty of intelligence but besides graduating from highschool, what else did she accomplish? She had a relationship with an even bigger dweeb, though a sexy dweeb with Mutt. Her relationship with Ted was meant to show her personal growth but again in the end it amounted to nothing. They had enough time to let her meet someone and develop some type of career in NY state but we saw no evidence of that. As others have pointed out and wisely mentioned that the show was a bait and switch by being an ensemble show in the first few years but then the putridly boring and stupid David and Patrick show it became. David and Patrick were each only about 2 or 3% of the show's relevance and focus, while everyone else was sideshowed and undeveloped. Stevie showed no growth or efforts at relationships. Moira was always a selfish narcissistic diva and that's all. Eugene Levy had no arc except for getting back into business. Yawn. Alexis was the strongest character, the best actor, and had the most charisma. She should have been at least 40 to 50% of the show's focus and she should have had concrete rewards at the end but got nothing. This is why we hate Dan Levy so much.

by Anonymousreply 362April 9, 2020 12:11 PM

I think a lot of people, myself included, would LOVE a spin-off show with Alexis in her new life in NYC. But only if Dan doesn't write it.

by Anonymousreply 363April 9, 2020 12:15 PM

'Why would you want to go back to acting, after you've written and produced your own series for six seasons?"

A show that wouldn't have gotten off the ground were it not for his father's comedic chops, credentials and reputation. And in the end, even that wasn't enough to save this shit show from self-destructing. Dan will be extremely lucky to get any kind of acting bone tossed his way (bitch can't act for shit) much less as a producer or director.

by Anonymousreply 364April 9, 2020 12:18 PM

R363 Exactly. And Dan Levy would be like Dorothy in the Golden Palace. He would only make one appearance.

by Anonymousreply 365April 9, 2020 12:19 PM

The claws are out for Dan Levy on the DL. We will grind that stupid bitch to shit.

by Anonymousreply 366April 9, 2020 12:21 PM

R362 If you hated the show so much and Dan Levy in particular, why did you watch the show ? I'm actually curious, not trying to start shit. Why would you waste time like that ?

by Anonymousreply 367April 9, 2020 12:29 PM

R367 For me the show was only watchable due to the females. Alexis first, Stevie and Jocelyn second, and Moira last. The females were interesting and well rounded. For the males I only cared for Ted in the first few seasons. He was fully developed, had a good job, got sexy as hell, and was a good foil for Alexis' cluelessness and selfishness. I hated Dan's character mostly, he was a poor actor most of the time, obviously anyone with a functioning brain hates Patrick/Noah Reid because he is where comedy and characterization goes to die. Sadly he just had no acting chops or presence. Jocelyn was like a million Patricks. She was beautiful, smart, had a good job, and her character was respected by the writers. Eugene Levy was ok. He was not used very often except as a foil for Moira or the god awful Mayor Roland Schitt. His character was annoying and not funny.

by Anonymousreply 368April 9, 2020 12:39 PM

This is uh-mazing.

Whomever is dragging Dan Levy so hard here, I BEG you to post your photo.

Or, better, a video.

Please put a video version of your rant on YouTube. I can see it in my mind, and it looks and sounds exactly like this scene from Mean Girls, except Regina is a 57 year-old borderline obese Billy Eichner doppelganger, and I have to know how my mind’s eye version compares with reality.

PLEASE identify yourself with a photo, Regina Eichner @ R362. I am begging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369April 9, 2020 12:40 PM

R369 You know those t's the xtians wear around their neck? You need to stick the biggest one you can find deep into your cunthole, k. The bloodier the better.

by Anonymousreply 370April 9, 2020 12:47 PM

R370 Regina, the Kalteen bars are making you ornery.

by Anonymousreply 371April 9, 2020 12:49 PM

Eww, Covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372April 9, 2020 1:01 PM

In defence of Moria Rose

She isn’t meant to be realistic or relatable! Every comedy series has a character or two who are just there to be fun, ridiculous and interesting. I see a lot of people complaining about how she hasn’t shown emotional growth in the way Alexis/Johnny/David/Stevie have even though that’s sort of...the point? She’s not meant to be like them. Those characters are relatable people we see traits/struggles of ourselves (or people we know) in (e.g. Stevie’s confidence, David’s trauma, Johnny’s regret, Alexis’ realisations). We resonate with their journeys and learn things about them and watch them grow.

Moira isn’t written for that purpose. She’s like Gina from Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Mona Lisa from Parks and Recreation, Titus from Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, or Ilana from Broad City. They’re funny because they’re eccentric and ridiculous in ways we’re not used to seeing from regular people in our day to day lives. (Yes you could argue some of those characters made some strides but for the most part they stayed the same and that’s why we love them). These characters are strange and silly and delusional purely for you to have a laugh and enjoy yourself. Moira wouldn’t be Moira without her detachment from reality. She’s not a person, she’s an enigma.

TLDR: leave Moira alone she exists purely to make you laugh, lest you suffer vertigo from the dizzying heights of your moral ground!

by Anonymousreply 373April 9, 2020 1:03 PM

Brilliant Catherine o’Hara grounded her character in the final episode (the scenes between her and Alexis were lovely because of the acting and her delivery was genius officiating the wedding) but the writing for her this season was over the top and absurd. Her insane vocabulary was funny in early seasons because it felt organic. It became an annoying party trick. Any growth from Moira was because of O’Hara’s acting. Her eyes are so expressive. Love her.

She deserved better writing in the last 2 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 374April 9, 2020 1:20 PM

Praise should also go to Eugene Levy for playing the perfect straight man to all of the crazy characters who surround him.

He has also aged extremely well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375April 9, 2020 2:57 PM

Eugene and Dan co-created the show. Dan said in the making-of special that Eugene made him spend an entire week early on solely developing the characters' back stories. So you have Eugene to thank, I guess, for all of Alexis's wacky escapades that preceded the series.

There are so many naysayers here, but I love that this series existed. It was a family project, created by Dan and Eugene, starring them and Sarah. And Catherine O'Hara, who seems like extended family. It played by its own rules and broke conventions. That's always going to be a hit-or-miss approach, but it's also what pushes boundaries and establishes new formulas for others that will follow.

The director of my creative writing MFA program always said that there are two types of great writers: the innovative and the masters--those who do experimental, innovative new things (which are almost always messy), and those who learn from the innovators and master their genres flawlessly. I'd say Schitt's Creek was an innovative series primarily in that it started off as a totally absurd sitcom about almost entirely unlikable characters, and then it morphed into a caustic romantic comedy and then into a sentimental comedic romance. It's far from perfect, but its vision was unique and coherent. In my view, it's a thousand times better than something like Friends, and also better (for my tastes) than a paint-by-numbers sitcom like Big Bang Theory or Modern Family.

by Anonymousreply 376April 9, 2020 3:25 PM

R375 Agreed! The man is 87 and doesn't look a day older than 70.

by Anonymousreply 377April 9, 2020 4:15 PM

Man, y'all haters must be so glad the series is over. Like several people said above, if the show (or anyone on it) made you that vitriolic why did you bother watching it? Because it's a gay (or gay-adjacent) show? I learned a long time ago that just because it's gay doesn't mean it's good.

And I thought SC was good. Sure, it was uneven and it sagged in the last two seasons (especially the last), but my expectations for it were low and it never failed to make me laugh at least a couple of times an episode.

by Anonymousreply 378April 9, 2020 8:37 PM

R378 The Regina Gay-Georges of the world hate when any other girls get attention. And Miss Dangay Levy got a lot of attention with this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379April 9, 2020 8:56 PM

Dan is sexy. People won’t admit it but it’s true.

by Anonymousreply 380April 9, 2020 10:00 PM

"Dan is sexy."

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 381April 9, 2020 10:24 PM

Shocking twist: R364 (etc) is Sarah Levy.

by Anonymousreply 382April 10, 2020 12:56 AM

[quote]There are so many naysayers here, but I love that this series existed. It was a family project, created by Dan and Eugene, starring them and Sarah. And Catherine O'Hara, who seems like extended family. It played by its own rules and broke conventions. That's always going to be a hit-or-miss approach, but it's also what pushes boundaries and establishes new formulas for others that will follow.

Well said! This season wasn't my favorite, but I am surprised at the over-the-top vitriol spewed by some (or maybe just a few) here for Dan and the show in general. I will forever treasure Patrick serenading David during the open-mic night at the store and David later lip-synching that same song to Patrick. And Stevie's triumph as a musical actress singing "Maybe This Time" in the town's production of "Cabaret" will forever be one of my favorite TV memories. I cried during David and Patrick's wedding (I know...MARY!) and will miss this show very much.

by Anonymousreply 383April 10, 2020 12:07 PM

[quote]Agreed! The man is 87 and doesn't look a day older than 70.

I agree that Eugene Levy looks great for his age, but he's 73, not 87.

by Anonymousreply 384April 10, 2020 12:11 PM

The poster who said Eugene is 87 was being a sarcastic prick.

by Anonymousreply 385April 10, 2020 12:20 PM

R385 Fuck ur asscunt. He lied about his age like so many others. He is 87. Full stop.

by Anonymousreply 386April 10, 2020 12:40 PM

Eugene and Dan must have mounds and mounds of pubic hair.

by Anonymousreply 387April 10, 2020 12:46 PM

[quote]Eugene and Dan must have mounds and mounds of pubic hair.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 388April 10, 2020 12:52 PM

R361, Alexis did change more than her career. She learned to meaning of relationships, and how to balance her need for love with her need to grow as an individual. Her career will be possible only because of her maturing as a person in this way.

That's rather fundamental to the character's story arc, of course.

by Anonymousreply 389April 10, 2020 1:50 PM

R389 don't try to explain character growth to the trolls here.

by Anonymousreply 390April 10, 2020 2:35 PM

The anti-Dan troll is kind of spectacular, though. So frenzied. So full of rage and wrath.

by Anonymousreply 391April 10, 2020 2:41 PM

R389 had 75% of her brain shot off rendering her a complete and total moron. She can barely string together a few coherent sentences.

by Anonymousreply 392April 10, 2020 2:56 PM

Mmmm yes they look hairy.

by Anonymousreply 393April 10, 2020 3:38 PM

R139 - I couldn’t agree with you more about Mullally. A consistent let down. She’s a zombie and so weird in interviews. I want to shake the shit out of her. Love, love, love her as Karen. The epitome of best acting.

Annie Murphy on the other hand, gives good interview.

by Anonymousreply 394April 18, 2020 5:06 PM

So. About 40 other posts on the thread by the troll at R392 here.

What has left such creatures destroyed and vile? About everything?

At least it has to be painful to be in such a state. Trump's baby tumors abound.

So a curse on it. Feel what you are and suffer from it until you change. So mote it be.

by Anonymousreply 395April 21, 2020 5:02 AM

R395 Eat cunt and die. SC is over. No need to ever discuss it again.

by Anonymousreply 396April 21, 2020 9:05 AM

Yeah, the final season was disappointing and the finale was underwhelming.

• Roland was terrible. I’ve hated Chris Elliott since Scary Movie 2 when he ran that little hand joke into the ground and it was disgusting. He was annoying in the first few seasons but INTOLERABLE by season 4.

• Jocelyn was such an underrated, sweet, and softly humorous character. During the pregnancy arc, she morphed into this almost manic/crazy personality type with the OTT faces and so on. I thought she deserved better.

• Patrick never ever needed to be at the forefront. He wasn’t a real person but a plot device: think John Corbett in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. This person is so perfect they put up with every type of insanity and abuse from their relationship situation and when you think about it: WHY? Nia Vardalos was an hour and a half; Dan Levy was an eternity.

• Alexis is the MVP and was robbed of a good arc. More than anyone SHE should have been the one to settle in SC, married with Ted, to close her arc. But Dan had to steal the spotlight with his VERY boring wedding plot for David.

Oh well. It brought me some good laughs and overall was entertaining. And it brought me Annie Murphy. She’s so captivating, like if Natalie Dormer were an LA Instagram influencer.

by Anonymousreply 397April 30, 2020 12:09 AM

R397 Best comment. This is why we so intensely hate Dan Levy now. He had a chance to shine and royally fucked it up. Patrick was the worst thing about the show followed closely by Roland. Alexis was the best thing about the show followed closely by Jocelyn.

by Anonymousreply 398April 30, 2020 11:38 AM

I didn’t hate Patrick that much. He and Patrick had some genuinely sweet and wonderful scenes that made for great television. It’s just all the stuff in between was such a chore. Oh and it made no sense.

“you were ENGAGED to a WOMAN? oh my god I need to process! What a betrayal!” Like um weren’t you fucking the goblin girl over there who will now be part of the wedding and is in business with your dad?

Patrick just needed to be more background like Ted. But like, MORE background.

by Anonymousreply 399April 30, 2020 1:46 PM

the last two seasons were victory laps

by Anonymousreply 400April 30, 2020 1:49 PM

Dan is on the latest Marc Maron episode. Marc Maron is insufferable but so was Dan tbh. I guess I blame Marc.

by Anonymousreply 401May 4, 2020 4:27 PM

Now that it been a few weeks and it’s all said and done it’s kind of relief.

by Anonymousreply 402May 4, 2020 4:55 PM

Schitt’s Creek Cast Q&A w/ Jennifer Garner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403August 24, 2020 3:09 PM

She’s really genuine in this. And seems bizarrely attached to victor garber.

by Anonymousreply 404August 24, 2020 3:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!