Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“The Witcher” Reviews & Spoilers Thread

Only a few more hours to go!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521December 2, 2020 4:58 PM

Oh, the embargo drops. I thought for a split second the show is finally premiering.

by Anonymousreply 1December 19, 2019 11:22 PM

Omg, no, the show actually premieres on the 20th, just checked! Woohoo, I know what I'm doing tomorrow...

by Anonymousreply 2December 19, 2019 11:25 PM

The Wischer

by Anonymousreply 3December 20, 2019 12:17 AM

A former co-worker who is now based in Manila, was able to take a selfie with Mr. Cavill. She said he smells of Creed Aventus and b.o.

by Anonymousreply 4December 20, 2019 12:30 AM

Well it's officially released. Who's watching?

by Anonymousreply 5December 20, 2019 8:08 AM

I’m so disappointed. This was the only ass shot they could come up with?

And it looks so round and full too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 20, 2019 10:50 AM

Yep r5. It's a complete disappoint. We all assumed a butt shot was a given, but a quick shot from the side is all there is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 20, 2019 11:00 AM

The show feels like a cross between Gossip Girl and Game of Thrones produced by SyFy.

by Anonymousreply 8December 20, 2019 11:13 AM

They fucked up Triss and her storyline in more ways than one.

by Anonymousreply 9December 20, 2019 11:18 AM

Triss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 20, 2019 11:19 AM

I wonder how much Netflix paid for the fake reviews on Imdb. There are about a handful of real reviews in a sea of fakes and obsessed fans.

by Anonymousreply 11December 20, 2019 11:44 AM

"What was your ailment, clubbed foot? Split ends?"- Geralt.

Yes, that was a real line from the series. Each episode makes me want to watch it less and less.

by Anonymousreply 12December 20, 2019 1:49 PM

"tell me how stuff works" - Yennefer

by Anonymousreply 13December 20, 2019 2:05 PM

Someone needs to out Netflix for their clear as day fake reviews on IMDB.

by Anonymousreply 14December 20, 2019 2:43 PM

The reviews are scathing. As bad as the Cats reviews.

by Anonymousreply 15December 20, 2019 3:02 PM

OP what the fuck is wrong with you? How the hell do you even manage to use a computer let alone post on Datalounge? You are one of the rudest son of a bitches I’ve ever encountered on here in years. There’s already been a thread on this OP. As a matter of fact, you selfish asshole, there have been several threads on this, but ohhhh nooooo “I don’t have to do a search” says Mister Head Up His Ass. Well pull your fucking head out of your ass for once in your life you selfish son-of-a-bitch and have some consideration for others for a change and do a goddamn search first. Is that going to kill you? Is it? Can you just answer that question? Can you? Is it really going to kill you to do a search first? What is wrong with you? Are you that much of an idiot that you can’t use Google? Don’t even try the old “search function doesn’t work” line because every cunt on here knows how to work around that. Do a search before you post a thread next time you fucking asshole. You’ve ruined my day and I hate you.

by Anonymousreply 16December 20, 2019 3:13 PM

R16, you dumb cunt, in the time it took you to write that rant of yours, you could have just scrolled on by and done yourself (and us) a big favor.

by Anonymousreply 17December 20, 2019 10:05 PM

I'm still going to check it out. Just won't be in a rush about it lol

by Anonymousreply 18December 20, 2019 10:19 PM

silly question as i'm new to netflix.. this is going to be a series with episodes yes, so i guess each episode can be watched and re-watched if you miss a episode yes?

by Anonymousreply 19December 20, 2019 10:22 PM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Game of Thrones . Meh!

by Anonymousreply 20December 20, 2019 11:38 PM

Watched episode 1 . Lids came down in 20 min. Game of Narcolepsy.

by Anonymousreply 21December 20, 2019 11:40 PM

How disappointing

by Anonymousreply 22December 21, 2019 12:36 AM

So far I've read almost 6 identical 10/10 reviews by different users on IMDB. What kind of shit is IMDB running? Clearly Netflix's hand is in on this.

by Anonymousreply 23December 21, 2019 5:44 AM

Lame and boring as expected.😴

by Anonymousreply 24December 21, 2019 5:46 AM

So, by Ep. #2, we have Henry/Witcher story line, hunting down... someone, accompanied by an anachronistic bard.

Humpback girl with powers gets sold to a low-level Hogwarts.

Blondie screamer princess (family massacred or dead by suicide) hides out with commoners and a Black elf.

He takes a bath in ep. #4, which is all there is to look forward to.

by Anonymousreply 25December 21, 2019 6:48 AM

What was with the Darth Vador voice they gave Cavill? Everyone was speaking in a normal tone, and then he speaks his one or two words as if it was recorded in a studio and not the natural environment. Weird aF.

by Anonymousreply 26December 21, 2019 7:03 AM

[Quote] Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Game of Thrones . Meh!

[Italic] Great [/italic] combination [/italic].

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 21, 2019 8:13 AM

Didn't it seem like American Horror Witches when Yennifer went to witch camp?

by Anonymousreply 28December 21, 2019 9:32 AM

i wanted to see his gorgeous ass one more time before it starts to sag in a couple years

by Anonymousreply 29December 21, 2019 11:55 AM

[quote]i wanted to see his gorgeous ass one more time before it starts to sag in a couple years

I tried telling you all that he won’t show it but nobody believed me.

by Anonymousreply 30December 21, 2019 12:09 PM

😛😛😛

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 21, 2019 12:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 21, 2019 12:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 21, 2019 12:58 PM

Yawn.😴 So his shirt is off - big deal. Hardly getting me hot and bothered.🙄

by Anonymousreply 34December 21, 2019 1:06 PM

I tried to watch and lost patience with it. I hate shows that expect you to know the source material it came from.

by Anonymousreply 35December 21, 2019 1:23 PM

R34 suit yourself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 21, 2019 1:55 PM

I agree R35 The word destiny is thrown around so much I could make a drinking game out of it. They are trying so hard to force their plotlines down our throats I ended up just gagging.

by Anonymousreply 37December 21, 2019 2:02 PM

not the first time I suspect

by Anonymousreply 38December 21, 2019 2:03 PM

Stunning visuals, over the top fight scenes, unintelligible plot-what's not to love?

by Anonymousreply 39December 21, 2019 2:07 PM

I don’t understand what’s happening but it’s very pretty to look at and the fight scenes are very good. I will rewatch the pilot while ironing to try to make sense of the plot.

by Anonymousreply 40December 21, 2019 2:09 PM

yup- perfect background noise

by Anonymousreply 41December 21, 2019 2:26 PM

Read a recap of the first ep on Vulture so I'd know what was happening and barely made it through 15 minutes of the show itself. It's just that boring and ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 42December 21, 2019 2:32 PM

Has Madame Cavill gotten naked yet?

by Anonymousreply 43December 21, 2019 2:41 PM

They mixed modern slang and some proper english "from back then", it's just weird, they keep throwing some fuck off every now and then.

I have stop trying to understand who is who where and when, I hope they never make a flash back.

When they've put pictures of the set on social media it looked cheap, but it's actually look good on screen, they must have spent a fortune on cgi.

by Anonymousreply 44December 21, 2019 3:07 PM

R43 She only shows us her teats

by Anonymousreply 45December 21, 2019 3:08 PM

R44 wait until you see some of the monsters then.

by Anonymousreply 46December 21, 2019 3:09 PM

R46 Ah? Ok then.

They keep mixing accents, some scottish, irish, english, etc...

by Anonymousreply 47December 21, 2019 3:36 PM

Bitch stole my act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 21, 2019 3:43 PM

I mean...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 21, 2019 4:10 PM

Beautiful Geraldo R49

by Anonymousreply 50December 21, 2019 4:29 PM

Gracias ^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 21, 2019 5:04 PM

Disappointing. So few nude butt shots and no full frontal in this show.

Spartacus Blood and Sand this show is NOT.

Hot guys wasted being adorned in full body armor or clothes... DISAPPOINTING indeed.

by Anonymousreply 52December 21, 2019 5:32 PM

You can't behade somebody with a sword, it takes an axe to do that, and a chopping block, a big one.

by Anonymousreply 53December 21, 2019 8:09 PM

Yes you can

by Anonymousreply 54December 22, 2019 12:40 AM

Swords were the preferred way to behead A-listers.

by Anonymousreply 55December 22, 2019 1:06 AM

Yikes - Rotten Tomatoes is at 58%.

It is terrible, apparently.

[quote]The main feeling I got as a viewer was bewilderment, not enjoyment. The same goes for the show's weird messaging and lacking characters.

[quote]So yeah, this is some high-school level Dungeons & Dragons role play with a multi-million-dollar budget

[quote]Who was that character? Which group do they belong to again? What timeline are we in? The whirlwind of scarcely explained backstory turns you into your hopelessly lost parent who just can't seem to figure out how to DVR Criminal Minds.

and the one by an obvious DLer.

[quote]I suppose we, dead baby included, can't be as lucky as Henry Cavill's leather, only experiencing The Witcher in tiny doses and getting to do so while being worn to death by the mortal hug of Cavill's thighs.

by Anonymousreply 56December 22, 2019 1:48 AM

R36 Not impressed. The one thing that could have made this terrible show bearable would have been if he showed his ass. But as expected, it’s all covered.

Definitely won’t be watching again unless someone says he shows his ass.

by Anonymousreply 57December 22, 2019 1:58 AM

Hedgehog wedding jumped the shark.

by Anonymousreply 58December 22, 2019 2:22 AM

Maybe he'll show his ass in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 59December 22, 2019 2:24 AM

I watched the first episode, was hopelessly lost, perhaps because I fell asleep for part of it, but I’m not so sure, it seems to have no discernible plot. Not sure I’m willing to try another episode, I may be done.

by Anonymousreply 60December 22, 2019 2:37 AM

[quote]I watched the first episode, was hopelessly lost, perhaps because I fell asleep for part of it, but I’m not so sure, it seems to have no discernible plot. Not sure I’m willing to try another episode, I may be done.

No, according to most reviewers, you probably wouldn't have known what was happening even if you had stayed awake and taken copious notes.

It's apparently a mess (as many leaks suggested) and you'd only know what was happening if you read the books or played the games, and even then, you'd still need to stay awake and take copious notes.

by Anonymousreply 61December 22, 2019 2:53 AM

How does Henrietta keep getting lead roles when he has flop after flop? His projects are simply shit.

by Anonymousreply 62December 22, 2019 3:04 AM

Three concurrent story lines that have yet to connect at all.

I also would like a map, like in the 'Lord of the Rings' books. Where the fuck are these people?

by Anonymousreply 63December 22, 2019 5:25 AM

Henry looks like a big old overstuffed, greasy, monkey in those links above such as R49.

by Anonymousreply 64December 22, 2019 6:01 AM

Henry had an easy gig. He barely uttered more than a few words, while the other characters he interacted with were speaking in paragraphs. His longest line was one sentence, and all of his speaking seems as if it was done in a studio.

Plus, the cutting from his few scenes to the Ciri and Yennefer's was odd. Seriously, he didn't have much to do, other than stumble into town and walk somewhere.

Easy peasy.

by Anonymousreply 65December 22, 2019 6:05 AM

[quote]How does Henrietta keep getting lead roles when he has flop after flop? His projects are simply shit.

When you have a showrunner who's thirsty for you...

by Anonymousreply 66December 22, 2019 7:14 AM

R54 and R55 Nope, axe and chopping board (plus some hanging) for Henry IIX's wifes, and I think a couple of them survived as well. That's why the guillotine was invented, to avoid the half miss you can have with an axe.

Only realised ep 7 that they're going back and forth in a fucking timeline... I though there was 2 messed up queen... give us a good old "Washington DC 6 dec 1994" à la X File?!

by Anonymousreply 67December 22, 2019 7:18 AM

Can't find it now but there was a screenshot floating around which mentioned something about HC not enjoying fame anymore or some shit. Does anyone have it or know where it's come from?

by Anonymousreply 68December 22, 2019 7:31 AM

R66 is she really??

by Anonymousreply 69December 22, 2019 7:31 AM

R68 I find that hard to believe in the way he was soaking up the applause in Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 70December 22, 2019 7:36 AM

"Easy peasy. " R65, he has a fight scene in almost every episode. He and his stunt double are doing a lot of work.

The script writers on the other hand...

Also, that his "hot" sex scene in ep. 5 was fully clothed, while his costar was bobbing her boobies all over the place, was silly.

by Anonymousreply 71December 22, 2019 7:49 AM

[quote]"Easy peasy. " [R65], he has a fight scene in almost every episode. He and his stunt double are doing a lot of work.

That's just another gym workout for Henry. Easy Peasy.

by Anonymousreply 72December 22, 2019 7:52 AM

Oh, Miss Peasy. Whales could swim in your wealth of ignorance about film sets.

by Anonymousreply 73December 22, 2019 7:59 AM

R73 Why are you mad, sis?

by Anonymousreply 74December 22, 2019 8:15 AM

R70 I know but I wanted to read the whole thing to see what the actual context was.

by Anonymousreply 75December 22, 2019 8:57 AM

Lauren Hissrich and her team of writers are responsible for this atrocity. If the script had been half decent the show would have worked. Saying "split ends" in a medieval series is proof the writers are shit.

by Anonymousreply 76December 22, 2019 9:09 AM

Lauren Shitrichh everyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 22, 2019 9:11 AM

R67 There was no "Henry IIX"

Henry VIII's second wife, Anne Boleyn, was sentenced to death. She requested the "Swordsman of Calais" as her executioner as his reputation for swift, immediate death was well known. She was beheaded by sword.

by Anonymousreply 78December 22, 2019 9:25 AM

R77 Your point?

by Anonymousreply 79December 22, 2019 9:40 AM

Can't you read R79?

by Anonymousreply 80December 22, 2019 9:53 AM

Can't you write your point of view?

by Anonymousreply 81December 22, 2019 9:55 AM

Can't you get it from the picture cunt?

by Anonymousreply 82December 22, 2019 11:37 AM

I watched the first three episodes last night.

It looks cheap, the acting is atrocious, the script is awful, and Geralt’s ratty white wig looked it was randomly discovered from underneath Lady Gaga’s bed.

A total embarrassment for everyone who’s associated with it. The novels deserves way better than this.

by Anonymousreply 83December 22, 2019 1:27 PM

The video equivalent of ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 22, 2019 2:12 PM

The show is for straight guys only just like the game so... probably never going to watch or play.

by Anonymousreply 85December 22, 2019 2:25 PM

[quote watched the first episode, was hopelessly lost, perhaps because I fell asleep for part of it, but I’m not so sure, it seems to have no discernible plot.

I've watched seven episodes and I still can't tell what's going on.

[quote]Lauren Hissrich and her team of writers are responsible for this atrocity. If the script had been half decent the show would have worked.

Young good looking male characters are killed in the first three episodes. Is this part of the book or is Lauren making a statement?

by Anonymousreply 86December 22, 2019 2:48 PM

No overtly young good looking males characters were killed in the novels r86

Now that you mention it, only white people were killed in the first three episodes, apart from one Asian guy among a group of eight brigands.

by Anonymousreply 87December 22, 2019 2:57 PM

^^^^^ THE EVERYTHING IN THE FUKING WORLD IS RACIAL TROLL

by Anonymousreply 88December 22, 2019 4:41 PM

quote[R67 There was no "Henry IIX"] I know!

In France you won't find any information in our History books about Calais being english for over 2 century (I had to check I thought it was just 1). We just ignore that fact.

I have not finished watching ep 7 but I might just watch again "Nobody's watching", there is more humour and syfy than in the witcher, just as a cleanser.

by Anonymousreply 89December 22, 2019 5:18 PM

Why is Lauren's ass being kissed by her fans? The show's script sucks ass and people are still complementing her.

by Anonymousreply 90December 22, 2019 7:32 PM

Just watched the eight episodes. It's ok, I guess. Nice monsters (I liked the striga best), nice visuals, kind of lame story and story telling.

For this gay boy there were way too many young women having their nice and perky tits out and yet no hot guys showing their dicks or asses. A couple of shirtless scenes by Henry, a brief orgy scene without any guy on guy action (but girl on girl, of course) and an old guy bumbling around naked. On that front I am greatly disappointed.

The ominous voice delivery of Henry's character got lame by the third episode. Though I did like the Jennifer character (even though she's the one who shows her naked breasts the most).

I sure hope this extreme pandering to the nerds paid off for the show and Netflix, because I am surely not going crazy waiting for another season.

by Anonymousreply 91December 22, 2019 11:25 PM

Just finished it. Like r91 said before me, it's just okay. The first two and a half episodes are a bit confusing and boring, but then it becomes bingeable. Even then, I was in no hurry to check out the next episode. Nice camerawork, battle scenes, and costume design, but some of it feels so stale - like the female to male nudity ratio. It's almost the 2020s; we truly can do better than that, people.

I didn't much care for the one-note grunting Witcher and the little girl's arc was my least favourite. Most of the time, I was just waiting for Yennefer to appear again as she's my favorite character, by far. The geography of the world wasn't established well enough and I still don't understand the Law of Surprise. Sounds like something out of D&D.

Wishes for next season: more Yennefer, more magic, sharper storytelling, fewer confusing time jumps unless said jumps involve temporal magic, and more male nudity.

by Anonymousreply 92December 22, 2019 11:42 PM

Oh, and the shirtless guy who played the shapeshifter before he turned into the mage - I'm gonna need his name and his OnlyFans handle, thanks!

by Anonymousreply 93December 22, 2019 11:47 PM

[quote]They mixed modern slang and some proper english "from back then", it's just weird, they keep throwing some fuck off every now and then.

I laughed so hard when Gerald used the phrase "Well, I haven't conducted a survey, but..." Yes, I'm sure polling is plentiful in that world, for sure. 😄

by Anonymousreply 94December 22, 2019 11:54 PM

Yennefer was the worst character. The actress belongs on a CW teen show. Then again, this show felt like a teen series.

by Anonymousreply 95December 23, 2019 12:02 AM

Surprised by the comments about the acting on this show. I'm usually the first one to scream about iffy acting, but I didn't get that here at all. I've seen some fantasy shit (Merlin, Shannara Chronicles, Shadowhunters...) so I know what [italic]bad[/italic] acting in this genre looks like. The actors did what had to be done with the script they got and they made the lines believable, so I applaud their professionalism.

I've been reading some reviews by the fans and omg... I'm sorry, but I thought the colour-blind casting was one of the best things about this show. The days of all-white fantasy shows should be behind us, like yesterday. No character on this show derives their powers solely from the melanin levels in their skin, so... why is it so important that they all be white? Especially with fucking mythical creatures and magic all over the place. It's a fantasy world, not the recreation of Middle Ages Europe. Suspend your disbelief some more, darlings.

Can you imagine the freakout if there were any gay stuff in this show as well? 🥴

by Anonymousreply 96December 23, 2019 12:21 AM

R96 you clearly don't belong here fangirl. So please fuck off.

Are we going to get infested by Lauren's reddit army again?

by Anonymousreply 97December 23, 2019 12:29 AM

Fangirl? I've never played the video game or read the source material. Watching this show this week was my first contact with The Witcher. Like I said in my mini review at r92, it was just okay and nothing special. Wouldn't miss it if it didn't get renewed.

You think everyone who isn't a raging racist is a fangirl? Furthermore, do you think this thread belongs to you or something?

by Anonymousreply 98December 23, 2019 12:36 AM

The only real bright spot for me was the Yennefer storyline. I also enjoyed the warrior Queen chewing up the scenery; her performance was often hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 99December 23, 2019 12:55 AM

Oh yeah, the actress playing the Queen was overacting most of the time. She was actually the one I wanted to mention as an exception when I said the acting was fine, but then forgot.

I remember her from playing a small role in a single scene on Game of Thrones. And you know what? Bitch milked it for all its worth even then! 😄

by Anonymousreply 100December 23, 2019 1:09 AM

LOL at all the people who said they would watch the show just to see Henry naked only to end up watching a shitty show with no real storyline and no naked HC! What a flop!

You can bet after the second season this shit is over.

by Anonymousreply 101December 23, 2019 1:13 AM

Did we even get to see his abs fully? I swear the camera never wandered there once. That part was so strange to me. I know he's an A-lister, but what's the point of all that constant exercise if he isn't going to show off the goods? I also saw something about him dehydrating for three days to get his physique ready for that bathtub scene and I'm like... what the fuck? We literally only saw his tits in that scene! What the hell do those tatas look like when he's fully hydrated, then? 🤔

And the only cock we saw was a strangely bulbous one I see in weird euro porn now and then. More normal cock next season, please.

by Anonymousreply 102December 23, 2019 1:22 AM

It’s very messily told. The show runner should probably be replaced for Season Two.

by Anonymousreply 103December 23, 2019 1:36 AM

SJW cunt at R96: The three Witcher video games had a white Geralt, and white Yennefer, and a white Ciri. Gratuitously changing their race to appease twats like you would majorly piss of the all the people who played the three video games.

That dyke show runner is a disaster. The acting is atrocious. The sets look like were cobbled together by the Berkeley Community College theater department volunteers. The script, dialogue, and pacing are cringeworthy or laughable.

Thanks for your “mini review”, retard. Now fuck off to Pinterest where you belong.

by Anonymousreply 104December 23, 2019 1:41 AM

In all my years on DL, I truly have never seen someone react to someone's thoughts about a show quite like that.

I'm starting to think you're the real transplant here. Don't know where you came from or what made you so angry. I just know that I don't care, it's not a good look, and I will continue engaging with posters other than yourself, who seem orders of magnitude more pleasant than you.

by Anonymousreply 105December 23, 2019 1:47 AM

R104 = TERF, but for video games

by Anonymousreply 106December 23, 2019 1:48 AM

r106 Nailed it! 😆

by Anonymousreply 107December 23, 2019 1:49 AM

This show was extremely boring. The story just doesn't seem interesting to me and the flashbacks were confusing as fuck. I was hoping that hot sex scenes involving Henry would make up for the shittiness but sadly there was NO henry nudity. I hate saying this stuff because I know that Henry worked very hard throughout the 9 months, and I was really hoping to love it. Anyways, it seems to be a hit so good for him I guess.

by Anonymousreply 108December 23, 2019 1:53 AM

[quote]I know he's an A-lister

LMFAO!!😂😂😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 23, 2019 1:54 AM

Oh, it just hit me that I raved about the gorgeous Royce Pierreson in one of the Judy threads previously. His girlfriend is one lucky bitch. Though he didn't look as hot in this show as he did in that movie, for some reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 23, 2019 1:56 AM

r109 Again, I'm neither a fan nor a girl. Or did you skip the part where I was talking about weird euro porn? Weird as in... gay fisting/scat porn. Which the fraus are famously known for watching. 🙄

And yes, Cavill played Superman a couple of times, so he's definitely an A-lister in the US, with the global name recognition of a B- or a C+ lister. I like to separate the two criteria.

by Anonymousreply 111December 23, 2019 2:05 AM

r108 In addition to the flashbacks, I was also confused by the passage of time just in general. At one point, I was under the impression that Yennefer had barely started her job and then she said she'd wasted decades on it. What? Where? When?!

But even basic flashbacks are tough to pull off for an inexperienced showrunner. And Lindelof, she ain't.

by Anonymousreply 112December 23, 2019 2:13 AM

They spent all those months in Budapest filming just to create 8 shitty episodes that weren’t even interesting???😳 What a waste of time and money.

by Anonymousreply 113December 23, 2019 2:19 AM

This show is a fucking mess and so male gazy from a female showrunner. The girls are nude all the damn time but the camera barely appreciates Henry Cavill's body.

Comparing this to Game of Thrones is a laugh.

I'm still laughing at the ridiculousness of the law of surprise scene.

by Anonymousreply 114December 23, 2019 2:26 AM

So the actor who played The Adonis (i.e. the shapeshifter at the start) is Ben Wiggins. He's so beautiful and has such a nice voice. No Insta, though. Does he ping to anyone or nah?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 23, 2019 2:31 AM

Is the female showrunner a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 116December 23, 2019 2:37 AM

The final battle was pretty epic, though the homosexual in me jumped out and so I couldn't get over the most glaring fuckup – Yennefer was wearing a macrame dress! Who the hell wears [italic]macrame[/italic] into battle? 🤦‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 117December 23, 2019 2:45 AM

[quote]This show is a fucking mess and so male gazy from a female showrunner.

Do we know how much influence she had over direction? I can't picture someone like her telling someone like Alik Sakharov how to shoot Cavill's body. I've also noticed the two episodes directed by a female director weren't much better in that regard, so who the hell knows what went wrong.

Would the hardcore Witcher fans really freak if Cavill showed some ass now and then? As far as I know, the male fans mostly just ignored the male nudity on Game of Thrones. Some groaned, but no one was a bitch about it. Joey Batey is a cutey with a nice hairy chest, yet I don't think we saw him shirtless once either. So frustrating. Give the gays and the fraus something to talk about, Netflix!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 23, 2019 3:31 AM

R115 He’s ugly!

by Anonymousreply 119December 23, 2019 3:39 AM

My brain hurts, looking at this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 23, 2019 3:48 AM

^^ Actually, it all clicked suddenly and I got it now!

by Anonymousreply 121December 23, 2019 3:59 AM

My heart is breaking. I was hoping Henry would become the next Christopher Reeves, and instead he's the next Kellan Lutz.

by Anonymousreply 122December 23, 2019 4:14 AM

r122 That made me guffaw. You a funny bitch.

by Anonymousreply 123December 23, 2019 4:18 AM

R116 and R118 the showrunner is trying to attrack the audience of GoT, so plenty of women's nudity. GoT had a slow start, until people started to show up for the nudity and drama (soap)

by Anonymousreply 124December 23, 2019 5:20 AM

I managed to watch the first episode in chunks over the course of the weekend and withstand the clunky dialog (Destiny to the ∞ power!), but that kid with the daisies speaking about cliches as if he was on a modern CW teen show made me ragequit. In the absence of Henry Cavill dropping trou or at least fighting shirtless I'm going to need copious amounts of alcohol to sit through this turkey.

by Anonymousreply 125December 23, 2019 5:58 AM

R124 She must be an idiot because the majority of the people who ever planned on tuning in were the HC fangurls and gay men - who are definitely not interested in seeing naked women.😴

by Anonymousreply 126December 23, 2019 6:18 AM

Anyone who adored Yennefer's character is a frau fangirl. And yes you don't belong here.

by Anonymousreply 127December 23, 2019 6:52 AM

This was the most heterosexual show I have ever watched.

It was tits! Tits! and more Tits!

by Anonymousreply 128December 23, 2019 6:55 AM

and the biggest were mine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 23, 2019 8:44 AM

Henry's teats were the best in the Witcher

by Anonymousreply 130December 23, 2019 8:55 AM

[quote]It’s very messily told. The show runner should probably be replaced for Season Two

Her and her writer's crew. Did they think they were making a teenage drama?

by Anonymousreply 131December 23, 2019 8:58 AM

They couldn't have filmed a little lower 😔

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132December 23, 2019 10:27 AM

R83 No, you posted posts all crammed together in a mad rage, you dried micro peen!

by Anonymousreply 133December 23, 2019 11:00 AM

What bothered me a bit was that on at least two occasions the women were fully naked while the guys, they had sex with, still had their trousers on and apparently only had their dicks out for penetration. Like, WTF?

by Anonymousreply 134December 23, 2019 11:28 AM

R133 What he said was right. the show is atrocious and the only people creaming for it are the Lauren Shitrich stans.

by Anonymousreply 135December 23, 2019 11:38 AM

R127 You really ought to disabuse yourself of the notion that you're the arbiter of who "belongs" here and who doesn't. People have different opinions and no one is forcing you to engage them if they bother you to such an extent. Skipping over and ignoring are always an option to everyone on DL, not just in this particular thread.

by Anonymousreply 136December 23, 2019 12:00 PM

r134 It's the reverse of that established practice on cable and network TV where the woman has a bra on during sex. Both versions are totally what happens in real life. 😄

by Anonymousreply 137December 23, 2019 12:03 PM

R136 Where do you think you are cunt?

Back to WDW you go.

by Anonymousreply 138December 23, 2019 12:10 PM

This show is fine. It is nothing like Game of Thrones. It’s completely different. It’s well made. Yes, it’s loopy fantasy, but it’s watchable, and if you’re into this sort of thing, it’s great.

Critics need to calm the fuck down. Lately the knives are out for absolutely everything and they’ve been pretty much totally wrong. Star Wars is fine. The Morning Show is fine. This show is fine. Not everything needs to satisfy everybody. That’s not how entertainment has worked for at least two decades now.

This show is not made for you. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 139December 23, 2019 12:20 PM

The actor who played that knight who gets his throat slashed while taking a shit in the dragon hunt episode is a cutie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 23, 2019 12:24 PM

The fangurls have arrived

R130 Everything is fine to you because you've got shit taste.

by Anonymousreply 141December 23, 2019 12:31 PM

R130's favorite song

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142December 23, 2019 12:31 PM

**R139

by Anonymousreply 143December 23, 2019 12:32 PM

What was up with that "magic is just an illusion" claim being spoken by several people in the finale? As clearly demonstrated, magic can be used as a tool for individual or mass murder. So, literally not just an illusion.

by Anonymousreply 144December 23, 2019 12:45 PM

R144 It's Lauren's shitty writing. The show is nonsense and unintelligible at times.

by Anonymousreply 145December 23, 2019 12:47 PM

OMG! What the fuck was that! That's what they spent millions of dollars and 10 months for? How is it made by netflix when it's clearly made for children. The dialogue was on par with a 90's teen romantic comedy movie. The critics had every right to skip watching episodes because of how bad it is. Another great role for Henry ruined by the writers.

And why did they make his love interest looks like his daughter?

The show was rushed and expected me to keep guessing what's going on. Netflix need to fire Lauren if they want the second season to be half decent than this kids show. Utter disappointment.

And all of Henry's workouts just for a few tit muscle shots?

No! This was terrible.

D-

by Anonymousreply 146December 23, 2019 1:00 PM

Lauren Hissrich is only responsible for this because of her "husband". They should have hired a better writer.

by Anonymousreply 147December 23, 2019 1:02 PM

Looks like nepotism was involved R147

by Anonymousreply 148December 23, 2019 1:48 PM

[quote]The actor who played that knight who gets his throat slashed while taking a shit in the dragon hunt episode is a cutie.

Just what we want to see - someone taking a shit. How sexy.

by Anonymousreply 149December 23, 2019 3:04 PM

R146 It’s terrible. Henry should be embarrassed to be part of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 150December 23, 2019 3:06 PM

R148 Nepotism! In Hollywood!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 23, 2019 3:41 PM

[quote] She must be an idiot because the majority of the people who ever planned on tuning in were the HC fangurls and gay men - who are definitely not interested in seeing naked women.😴

That's completely false. The Witcher has a very large fan base from both the books and the video games. The show was primarily made for them and the Game of Thrones/medieval fantasy genre fans. Hell, HC fangirls couldn't even make Man from U.N.C.L.E. or Justice League moderate hits.

The tits in every other scene and over the top violence definitely was a nod - and an attempt to outdo Thrones.

by Anonymousreply 152December 23, 2019 3:42 PM

I finished the series last night. As someone mentioned up thread the flashbacks and the timeline was confusing. Perhaps I should have paid attention to the title of the first episode "The End's Beginning". The seventh episode is just a filling in and continuation of the first episode. Probably saved them a lot of money by filming one episode as two.

This wasn't the first attempt to bring the books to the screen. There was Polish movie made in 2001 called "The Hexer" that received poor reviews.

[quote]A review in the Polish online film database Filmweb concluded that "it is not a good movie", noting that the plot was chaotic, mixing various adventures and scenes from the book series in a mostly random manner.

[quote]A review in the Polish game portal gry-online praised the actors, scenography, costumes, and music, but criticized the fragmentary, incoherent plot, which was apparently due to the producers being unable to agree on the main plot and structure, and trying to summarize all of the key plot elements of the planned TV series episodes into one 2-hour movie.

I'm wondering if instead of reading the books they remade the Polish film.

Also, it looks like Netflix as approved season 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153December 23, 2019 3:57 PM

[quote]Also, it looks like Netflix as approved season 2.

It was already approved for Season 2 months ago before it was even released, which happens with a lot of Netflix shows. Don’t count on a Season 3 after the dismal reviews.

by Anonymousreply 154December 23, 2019 4:11 PM

lol, Netflix couldn’t care less about a gay audience for Witcher. It was made for gamer incels and fantasy fraus. You people are fucking delusional. As usual.

by Anonymousreply 155December 23, 2019 4:23 PM

Has Netflix released the official budget for the first season? Or are there any estimations floating around?

After this, I'm already pre-cringing for the LOTR and the Wheel of Time shows on Amazon. Throwing millions of dollars at a fantasy show can only achieve so much if you can't manage to assemble a good writers' room that'll make the story compelling for the critics and the non-genre audiences as well.

by Anonymousreply 156December 23, 2019 4:32 PM

R155 But aren't the incels the ones complaining about the show you fucking cunt?

by Anonymousreply 157December 23, 2019 4:40 PM

R157 They'll learn from the witcher. And fake SJWs like Lauren are already taken so that's a plus.

by Anonymousreply 158December 23, 2019 4:42 PM

meant R156

by Anonymousreply 159December 23, 2019 4:43 PM

Calm down you fucking nutbags.

by Anonymousreply 160December 23, 2019 4:47 PM

Diversity is a non-issue for the general audience. You can see from the casual reviewers in this thread who aren't familiar with the source material that this show just isn't very compelling to watch, but that has nothing to do with the fact that some of the actors aren't white.

by Anonymousreply 161December 23, 2019 4:48 PM

R160 I thought you said the reviews were scathing bitch.

by Anonymousreply 162December 23, 2019 4:54 PM

The showrunner would agree with r155. The showrunner was mouthing off on twitter that she doesn't care what the critics think, just what Witcher fanboys think

by Anonymousreply 163December 23, 2019 5:06 PM

So I've been perusing the official subreddit for the show and... is Triss a big character in the books? She's the one who conjured up those shrooms in the finale, right? I don't recall her from any other episode.

Also, Vilgefortz, played by this cutie, is supposed to be one of the most powerful sorcerers on the continent? I also don't recall him from any episode other than the finale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164December 23, 2019 5:08 PM

R163 that shows you how bratty she is just like a child . which explains why the script was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 165December 23, 2019 5:16 PM

R164 That's because they tried to make the story so twisted that a lot of important characters were cut out or had less screen time. They Reduced Geralt's role ffs. Then they have the audacity to say they don't care about the bad reviews.

by Anonymousreply 166December 23, 2019 5:18 PM

[quote] Then they have the audacity to say they don't care about the bad reviews.

r166 = Alex Forrest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167December 23, 2019 5:34 PM

[quote]lol, Netflix couldn’t care less about a gay audience for Witcher. It was made for gamer incels and fantasy fraus. You people are fucking delusional. As usual.

You dumb sack of shit - you just said yourself that fraus were one of the targeted audiences, so even ignoring the gays, the fraus are still getting no eye candy. The fraus didn’t watch to see naked women - they tuned in solely to see Henry naked and didn’t get shit.

by Anonymousreply 168December 23, 2019 5:43 PM

[quote]The showrunner was mouthing off on twitter that she doesn't care what the critics think

LOL Yet she took the time to respond about the critics.

by Anonymousreply 169December 23, 2019 5:44 PM

Genuine fans of the books/games nor Polish fans especially, which The Witcher actually means something to, are liking how the show turned out either.

Just one big pile of shite at this point.

by Anonymousreply 170December 23, 2019 6:10 PM

Hope that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 171December 23, 2019 6:11 PM

Hopefully there's a whole turnaround of writers for the second series otherwise you're looking at more of this.

by Anonymousreply 172December 23, 2019 6:11 PM

R179 wut?

by Anonymousreply 173December 23, 2019 6:12 PM

From what I can see the Witcher fanboy crowd does like it r170, it is the critics and general audience that thinks it is pretty dumb.

by Anonymousreply 174December 23, 2019 6:14 PM

Yup, judging by their two subreddits, the fans seem to be down with it, minor quibbles notwithstanding. I sorted the posts for the last week by Controversial (i.e. most downvoted - which gives you an impression of what sorts of posts the sub visitors don't like) and it was just posts bitching about how bad the show is and also posts asking why Cavill wasn't naked more.

by Anonymousreply 175December 23, 2019 6:23 PM

[quote] Genuine fans of the books/games nor Polish fans especially, which The Witcher actually means something to, are liking how the show turned out either.

The entire thing is a fucking mess. Diehard fans seems to like the show, but are complaining about forced diversity and Triss' hair color. Casual audiences seem to have issues about the convoluted plot, disjointed narrative, and slow pacing. Females and gays are complaining about Henry's lack of chemistry with his female co stars and his odd fully clothed sex scenes.

Personally, I struggled to make it through the 3rd episode. It's just so damn boring. It reminds me of a cross between the Shannara Chronicles and the lousy, filler episodes of Xena.

by Anonymousreply 176December 23, 2019 6:30 PM

I thought Yennefer portalling through the various environments to escape the assassin was easily the best thing this show did, and was expecting more of that going forward. But little else came close to it, even the finale.

by Anonymousreply 177December 23, 2019 6:35 PM

But Xena, Hercules, The Legend of the Seeker etc. were actually fun shows that didn't take themselves too seriously.

They were pretty stupid shows but they were also entertaining and were pretty clear in their storytelling.

by Anonymousreply 178December 23, 2019 7:00 PM

R140 since you're so good to find actors' names, could you find the name of the surgeon/stylist who transformed Yenefer? I know he is british, I remember seing him in a comedy/sitcom a long time ago, but I'm unable to find him on IMDB, so many people in that cast!

If somebody who actually read the books could tell us if the timeline in the book is like in the tv show? Did the author give the readers info on when and where they are?

If somebody did edit the show in a chronological order, the first 2 episods would be only about Yenefer, and Ciri would show up only in the last 2, the witcher wouldn't be in a few episods, like at all.

I might have watched something on the internet at the same time, WTF is the suprise child? Ciri? Why is Gerald concerned by it? The father is the hedgehog guy right?

The only character I enjoyed is Jaskier, I wouldn't mind watching him in the nude, preferably for the joke, I don't need to see him fuck, just an ass shot, I'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 179December 23, 2019 8:23 PM

After that big battle, the huggy ending and her, "Who's Yennifer?" was such a clunker.

by Anonymousreply 180December 23, 2019 8:27 PM

Henry would be better off doing supporting roles that are hits (Mission Impossible) instead of taking lead roles in all of these recent flops (Witcher, Night Hunter, Sand Castle, etc). He simply does not have what it takes to be a lead.

by Anonymousreply 181December 23, 2019 8:36 PM

[quote] [R140] since you're so good to find actors' names, could you find the name of the surgeon/stylist who transformed Yenefer? I know he is british, I remember seing him in a comedy/sitcom a long time ago, but I'm unable to find him on IMDB, so many people in that cast!

Not r140, but here he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182December 23, 2019 8:50 PM

[quote]“What’s great about season two, I can tell you, is that, in what we’ve written, the story becomes much more focused. There’s a stronger drive in the story, because all of the relationships that we’ve been setting up in season one, actually start to come into fruition in season two,” Hissrich tells GamesRadar+

[quote]Hissrich also hints at The Witcher season 2 moving away from the approach which led to the main characters of Geralt, Ciri, and Yennefer being separated for much of the series so far: “Characters start meeting and interacting more. That goes well sometimes. It doesn’t go well sometimes. But it’s kind of like, all of those building blocks that we set up for the world, finally start to come together into something a little more concrete.”

[quote]And beyond that? Hissrich already revealed to sister publication SFX that she has plans for seven seasons – and re-affirmed that mindset, explaining, “There are definitely things that we know we want to do. In our brains, as writers, we say, ‘Oh, that could happen at the end of season three’ or ‘That will happen in season seven.’ The truth is, we have a tonne of source material. We could write the show for a very, very long time.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183December 24, 2019 12:42 AM

I wouldn't be putting downpayments on any houses based on that 7-year plan.

by Anonymousreply 184December 24, 2019 12:45 AM

"story becomes much more focused" Erm... that should have been #1 on the list from the very beginning. Hence one of the main criticisms of this series being that timelines and jumps throughout are confusing. Are they really this thick?

by Anonymousreply 185December 24, 2019 7:03 AM

R182 thanks!

by Anonymousreply 186December 24, 2019 7:15 AM

R185 Looks like it.

by Anonymousreply 187December 24, 2019 8:32 AM

It was a lot of gibberish that lead to a lot of confusion for me.

by Anonymousreply 188December 24, 2019 9:17 AM

It was a lot of gibberish that lead to a lot of confusion for me.

by Anonymousreply 189December 24, 2019 9:17 AM

[quote]I might have watched something on the internet at the same time, WTF is the surprise child? Ciri? Why is Gerald concerned by it? The father is the hedgehog guy right?

r179 I found this on the Witcher Wiki:

[quote]The Law of Surprise is a custom as old as humanity itself. The Law dictates that a man saved by another is expected to offer to his savior a boon whose nature is unknown to one or both parties. In most cases, the boon takes the form of the saved man's firstborn child, conceived or born without the father's knowledge. Ciri came to be Geralt's ward after he invoked the Law of Surprise on Duny and Pavetta. Geralt demanded that which Duny already had, but did not know of. This, Geralt revealed, was Duny's child, carried, unknown to Duny but known to Geralt, by Pavetta.

So I guess a surprise child is just referring to a child "acquired" through the Law of Surprise. I still find the whole conceit silly. The hedgehog guy is a separate, unconnected arc, and was there just to demonstrate how the Law of Surprise works.

by Anonymousreply 190December 24, 2019 10:02 AM

I'll be surprised if this gets more than 3 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 191December 24, 2019 11:54 AM

The Law of Surprise is obviously inspired by the contract you supposedly enter with Satan where Satan does you a big favor and demands your soul, or your first child, in return. And it's up to Satan when he comes and collect.

I mean, they could've had the same story plot with Geralt just being the girl's godfather thanks to being on her parents' side at the right time when they needed him. But it needed to be something more grand and epic. Witcher-like.

by Anonymousreply 192December 24, 2019 12:10 PM

R192 The law of surprise felt very Disney like

by Anonymousreply 193December 24, 2019 12:18 PM

Yes, I've noticed Witcher fans really like this notion of dEsTiNy. Or maybe that's just fantasy fans in general.

by Anonymousreply 194December 24, 2019 12:18 PM

r193, to me the episode about Ciri's parents at court felt very much like a Shakespearian farce with twists and backstories unfolding right on stage.

by Anonymousreply 195December 24, 2019 12:24 PM

Ciri's parent were at court? Wait, so the hedgehog guy WAS Ciri's dad? But when did they have time to make that baby? Didn't the princess die in that same scene, right after she vomited after they had both levitated? Or were they having magical sex while up in the air and she vomited because she was pregnant? My brain hurts.

by Anonymousreply 196December 24, 2019 12:34 PM

I can't take the Law of Surprise seriously because it even sounds silly for an adult person to say it out loud. Just say a Debt of Life or something. There has got to be a more poetic phrase for this out there. And don't even get me started on "surprise child."

by Anonymousreply 197December 24, 2019 12:36 PM

[quote] My brain hurts.

Maybe posting on Datalounge, and being online in general, isn't such a good idea at the moment then?

by Anonymousreply 198December 24, 2019 12:38 PM

r198 Whut?

by Anonymousreply 199December 24, 2019 12:40 PM

[quote] And don't even get me started on "surprise child."

Hey! Don't you go there!

by Anonymousreply 200December 24, 2019 12:40 PM

[quote] My brain hurts.

[quote][R198] Whut?

Exactly. I rest my case.

by Anonymousreply 201December 24, 2019 12:41 PM

Okay, move right along, dear. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 202December 24, 2019 12:43 PM

Who's the cunt at R198

by Anonymousreply 203December 24, 2019 1:00 PM

R201 Just likes to type words. She's got few brain cells so try your best to ignore her.

by Anonymousreply 204December 24, 2019 1:01 PM

Anyhoo...

Did anyone else clock that little wink to the homosexual audience in the finale? It happened on the eve of the big battle, when a guy poured another guy a drink and they looked at each other super warmly and kinda half-embraced. They for sure fucked that night. And that's about all we're going to get in seven season of this show, I think.

by Anonymousreply 205December 24, 2019 1:22 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206December 24, 2019 3:00 PM

r206 Are the writers at DM drunk right now? They literally made an article about IMDb ratings, by pretty much copying an identical Forbes article about The Witcher's IMDb ratings. When I clicked on the Forbes link in the article, it took me to a Forbes piece titled "6 ways smart cities are improving everyday life."

Is Niomi Harris an intern or something? 🥴

by Anonymousreply 207December 24, 2019 3:11 PM

awareness of correct spelling punctuation and grammar are not required by the Mirror group.

by Anonymousreply 208December 24, 2019 3:41 PM

Niomi must have been covering for someone who took the day off because she usually covers inane celeb "news." No wonder that article is a dumpster fire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209December 24, 2019 3:48 PM

[quote] The DM has an article which notes it's one of the "highest rating" Netflix show

Give the nerds and incels some bouncing titties and renaissance fair magic and they are your biggest fans. Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 210December 24, 2019 3:55 PM

R206 look at the comments and you'll see why it's the HiGheST RaTinG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211December 24, 2019 4:27 PM

R211 The comments are all over the place. My estimation is 2/3 like it with 1/3 hating it.

by Anonymousreply 212December 24, 2019 7:27 PM

You're really bad at math aren't you R212

by Anonymousreply 213December 24, 2019 7:49 PM

You're really bad at reading comprehension, aren't you R13

by Anonymousreply 214December 24, 2019 7:56 PM

I don't know the books or the game. I made it through the whole series. It was merely ok. The story loops back multiple times. It as potential. I agree that they need to completely replace the writers. They are not hitting the demographic on this one as the story is much much more about women than the Witcher.

by Anonymousreply 215December 24, 2019 8:06 PM

You've got half a brain missing, don't you R214?

by Anonymousreply 216December 24, 2019 8:14 PM

[Quote] They are not hitting the demographic on this one as the story is much much more about women than the Witcher.

That wasn't a secret. They mentioned it multiple times during promotion.

by Anonymousreply 217December 24, 2019 11:15 PM

Thanks, R217 I missed the promos.

by Anonymousreply 218December 24, 2019 11:19 PM

Of course they're focussing on the women - the Witcher himself is a simplistic nothing of a character, held together by grunts and a bad wig. A writer's nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 219December 24, 2019 11:20 PM

Why don’t they have Henry’s character have a gay sex scene to make this stupid show interesting? I bet a Henry would enjoy that.

by Anonymousreply 220December 24, 2019 11:34 PM

R220 uh huh. That would totally fix all of the show's problems 🙄

by Anonymousreply 221December 25, 2019 12:31 AM

R221 Yes, it would. You can’t say it wouldn’t get people talking!

by Anonymousreply 222December 25, 2019 12:39 AM

It was fine. I liked the Yennefer origin episode. But yes, they do throw you in the deep end with the story and expect you to sink or swim. Not smart.

by Anonymousreply 223December 25, 2019 12:43 AM

Will Henry get a dildo for Christmas?

by Anonymousreply 224December 25, 2019 4:06 AM

I like to say “Witcher” with a comically posh British accent.

WitchAH. WitchAH WitchAH WitchAH.

by Anonymousreply 225December 25, 2019 4:32 AM

[quote]Of course they're focussing on the women - the Witcher himself is a simplistic nothing of a character, held together by grunts and a bad wig. A writer's nightmare.

ROTFL!

by Anonymousreply 226December 25, 2019 4:56 AM

R225 that's how everyone should pronounce it lol

by Anonymousreply 227December 25, 2019 5:56 AM

R219 only to atrocious self entitled writers

by Anonymousreply 228December 25, 2019 10:25 AM

I enjoy the Liza pronunciation, personally - The Wisher.

by Anonymousreply 229December 25, 2019 10:26 AM

Worcestershire

by Anonymousreply 230December 25, 2019 2:07 PM

I had a dream last night that Henry was breakdancing. It was pretty hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 231December 25, 2019 5:47 PM

Could you, would you, with a hedgehog?

by Anonymousreply 232December 25, 2019 6:24 PM

Depends how deep the curse runs, if you catch my drift.

by Anonymousreply 233December 25, 2019 6:29 PM

Hedgehog? No.

Now maybe if he was part horse...

by Anonymousreply 234December 25, 2019 6:32 PM

Okay Anne B. R234

by Anonymousreply 235December 25, 2019 7:00 PM

So much titties and barfing.

by Anonymousreply 236December 26, 2019 12:41 AM

I want some homosexual content next season.

And I only say that because this is about the only place online where it's safe to say so. 😅

by Anonymousreply 237December 26, 2019 12:45 AM

[quote]I want some homosexual content next season.

Make sure to say MALE homosexual content, otherwise it’ll just be faux-lez billshit.

by Anonymousreply 238December 26, 2019 12:55 AM

Yes even the orgy scene had two girls hooking up in the background but not two men. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 239December 26, 2019 3:12 AM

I was scanning for two guys doing it in that scene, to no avail. That one guy who briefly touched Cavill was the closest we got. And the guys mostly all had briefs on, which was bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 240December 26, 2019 3:16 AM

Henry is such a pussy. He could have insisted there be a gay male scene but nope. His career deserves to fall apart for being so spineless.

by Anonymousreply 241December 26, 2019 4:18 AM

Well, shooting this series pretty much guarantees that he'll be locked out of doing films. So, the prize is an incomprehensible Netflix series that lose steam sooner rather than later.

by Anonymousreply 242December 26, 2019 4:25 AM

Really?? I doubt you're the only one who feels that way. And apparently Ciri is a lesbian. Couldn't hurt to add a gay character or 2 next season.

by Anonymousreply 243December 26, 2019 6:52 AM

That was for R237 👆

by Anonymousreply 244December 26, 2019 6:53 AM

Henry is always covering up his lower abs, which makes me think he has a bit of a gut now.

by Anonymousreply 245December 26, 2019 7:41 PM

If he needs to dehydrate himself for three days straight in order for his tits to look acceptable in that bathtub scene, he must have a water retention problem, and so lord knows what his gut looks like when he's not dehydrated. And the area below his belly was always strategically covered, I think.

I don't know why, but his preparations and the filming around his muscles all remind me of this Marlene Dietrich spoof, with the built-in winches and the vaseline on the camera that make her appear the way people remember her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246December 26, 2019 9:28 PM

R245 well he's mentioned in interviews how he sometimes thinks he's a fat fuck. Which is absolutely insane. Even if he does have a bit of a gut, who cares. Henry's not Homer Simpson.

by Anonymousreply 247December 27, 2019 12:24 AM

There's a Graham Norton clip where he reveals his nickname from childhood was "fat Cavill."

It seems like people who were overweight as children tend to see themselves that way their entire lives.

by Anonymousreply 248December 27, 2019 12:28 AM

Did he or does he have any other nicknames?

by Anonymousreply 249December 27, 2019 12:32 AM

Got through almost four episodes. Unbelievably tedious, although I enjoy looking at Mr Cavill. I’d like to hang the bard, and the actress who plays the queen (who is dead, then alive because of a confusing time jump) drags down every scene she appears in with her scenery-chewing.

by Anonymousreply 250December 27, 2019 2:53 AM

r250 It gets better around that mark. Watch it until the end, just so you'll laugh with the rest of us. 😅

by Anonymousreply 251December 27, 2019 3:04 AM

Stupid no-mouth-moving dragon!

by Anonymousreply 252December 27, 2019 5:06 AM

surprise mthfckr

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253December 27, 2019 9:46 AM

Don't they get those gamers will eventually let go of this terrible show? No one will be watching by then.

by Anonymousreply 254December 27, 2019 11:32 AM

Only in the USA can a fucked up show be renewed for other seasons while great ones get cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 255December 27, 2019 11:35 AM

Popularity and quality have nothing to do with each other.

by Anonymousreply 256December 27, 2019 11:43 AM

r253 That click-baity site is infamous for getting it wrong with their "scoops", so better wait for a confirmation form someone else. Besides, that decision is ages away still.

by Anonymousreply 257December 27, 2019 11:46 AM

Unfortunately R256

by Anonymousreply 258December 27, 2019 11:56 AM

[bold]The Witcher defies critics to fill Games of Thrones hole for TV viewers[/bold]

[quote]Despite sniffy reviews, Netflix’s drama is currently its most successful original show – heralding a slew of new fantasy shows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259December 27, 2019 12:14 PM

^^

[quote]Beyond that, Netflix has purchased the rights and commissioned The Chronicles of Narnia as well as Cursed, a 10-part retelling of the legend of King Arthur through the perspective of the Lady of the Lake based on a forthcoming fantasy novel by Tom Wheeler.

I'm so ready for that Lady of the Lake thing; always been fascinated by her character. Although, "a forthcoming novel"? So they commissioned the series before the book even came out? 🤨 Also, I'd prefer if the author were a woman and she offered a more feminist perspective. Lord knows what beast Wheeler is going to turn her into...

by Anonymousreply 260December 27, 2019 12:19 PM

Do you think this song has viral hit potential? I cringed through it, personally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261December 27, 2019 12:27 PM

R259 Lauren sure has her connections in the Guardian.

by Anonymousreply 262December 27, 2019 12:45 PM

R261 Only for people with a fucked up taste in music.

by Anonymousreply 263December 27, 2019 12:47 PM

Deal with the fact it’s a hit, you tired old kaweens.

by Anonymousreply 264December 27, 2019 1:09 PM

R264 Hi Lauren! What's a cunt like you doing here?

by Anonymousreply 265December 27, 2019 2:00 PM

[quote] I cringed through it, personally.

You aren't the only one, my friend and I busted out laughing at that song. "A friend of hUMaNIty!!!!111""

by Anonymousreply 266December 27, 2019 2:04 PM

R264 No wait you're a WDW frau who thinks everything Ms cavill makes is a masterpiece. This show is atrocious and everyone will forget about it come season 2.

Now go worship his dull as fuck self in the shrine you made specifically for him.

by Anonymousreply 267December 27, 2019 2:05 PM

[quote]"A friend of hUMaNIty!!!!111"

Eek, that part is the worst. 😬

by Anonymousreply 268December 27, 2019 2:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269December 27, 2019 2:46 PM

In a world where Justin Beiber and Billie Eilish can become successful singers, I am no longer surprised by the quality of music people decide to like.

by Anonymousreply 270December 27, 2019 5:24 PM

How nice, his good friend Wolfgang from Mission impossible helped for some fight stunts...

by Anonymousreply 271December 27, 2019 5:29 PM

There really is something going on right now where critics and audiences seem so divergent on so many movies and tv shows.

It used to be that there would be a few "critical favorites" that never quite get traction, so get a tepid renewal, then cancellation.

It makes you wonder who paid or pissed off whom.

by Anonymousreply 272December 28, 2019 1:17 AM

The only way in hell I'd rewatch this is if they made a supercut of Yennefer's parts only. 💅

I wish her Hogwarts arc were expanded, though. She basically graduated within a single cut.

by Anonymousreply 273December 28, 2019 1:30 AM

Truer words have never been spoken R270

by Anonymousreply 274December 28, 2019 11:29 AM

R272 Now, the voice overly crazy fans is more heard on social media than actual critics. They'll infest any rating system by just sitting on their ass and scoring shows with a perfect score and tweet endlessly with alias accounts and that's what the showrunner and Netflix are counting for to justify the second series.

It's a flop.

by Anonymousreply 275December 28, 2019 11:33 AM

Fanhags are really putting stock into this IMDB rating shit aren't they?! They have no clue how things work.

by Anonymousreply 276December 28, 2019 2:19 PM

Third season's been greenlit?

by Anonymousreply 277December 28, 2019 2:20 PM

No, pure speculation.

by Anonymousreply 278December 28, 2019 2:21 PM

Hasn't Amazon a while back started weighing those IMDb scores, so as to offset all the 10s and the 1s by the fans and the haters alike? And they're still useless.

by Anonymousreply 279December 28, 2019 2:24 PM

They haven't done anything it seems. I'm bewildered by the hag support and fanboys alike.

by Anonymousreply 280December 28, 2019 3:19 PM

LOL R269. I bet the actor already has.

by Anonymousreply 281December 28, 2019 3:27 PM

Streaming channels have very different economics and different criteria for how many seasons and what gets renewed. In the past, networks viewed six seasons as the minimum necessary for a show to be successful due to how syndication worked. It put you over the 100 show mark - daily reruns during the week / 20 episodes per month.

Amazon and Netflix probably have similar criteria:

- "Netflix employs a “cost-plus” model, offering to pay upfront a show’s production costs plus a premium of 30%+ of the costs. Even after Netflix subtracts a distribution fee, outside studios are at break-even or in a positive territory from Day 1, versus having to deficit-finance series for the first few seasons on most traditional networks."

- "Netflix’s deals include bump/bonuses after each season that are getting progressively bigger. While the payments are relatively modest after Season 1 and a little bigger after Season 2...they escalate after Season 3, especially for series owned by Netflix — sometimes from hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars — as the studio starts to pay off the shows’ back-end."

- "Netflix is unabashedly data-driven, with many of its decisions based on algorithms. That’s how the network reportedly switched from the initial (and traditional) 13-episode seasons to seasons of 10 episodes or less. Word is that those shorter seasons are considered optimal for consumption, and any additional episodes beyond 10 a season do not add value, so they are an unnecessary expense for the network."

- "The same goes for the number of seasons. If a show has not broken out in a big way during its first couple of seasons, there has been chatter that Netflix does not see significant growth potential beyond Season 3 (and sometimes beyond Season 2) as viewers tend to move on to the next hot new show in an overcrowded TV universe."

They need to have enough seasons (usually 3) that viewers will feel like the show was worth watching. It doesn't add anything or drive more subscriptions beyond that unless it's a hit. conversely, they need to recoup some of the upfront money they spend over more seasons - there are startup costs for new productions that aren't incurred in later seasons, so the first season will always be the most expensive.

by Anonymousreply 282December 28, 2019 9:53 PM

I watched a couple more episodes yesterday in a cold medicine-induced fugue state, and the third one (with the Strega) seemed almost watchable. Maybe it does get better as it goes along?

by Anonymousreply 283December 29, 2019 2:40 AM

The show has too much going on and too many characters without any real explanation until the very end. I don't have time for that, but I did watch all 8 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 284December 29, 2019 6:14 AM

Gets more watchable after episode 5. The writing is terrible. Messily put together. Hopefully they get their act together for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 285December 29, 2019 6:23 AM

"Watchable" doesn't mean "must see TV" imo.

by Anonymousreply 286December 29, 2019 6:26 AM

[Quote] I don't have time for that, but I did watch all 8 episodes.

Lol

by Anonymousreply 287December 29, 2019 9:11 AM

R284

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288December 29, 2019 9:33 AM

You bet he's proud with all the fucks and grunting he did as he thought he was acting.

by Anonymousreply 289December 29, 2019 1:17 PM

It is very fantasy, filled with the tropes and cliches of the genre, and it’s borderline syfy channel at times, but the actors and some of the production values keep it together. I found it weirdly charming, and I really disliked GoT - though I hate watched all of it. I actually like Cavill in this. Since it’s a big hit for Netflix, they’re going to pour money into the next season, and I’ll be interested to see what they do.

by Anonymousreply 290December 29, 2019 1:19 PM

The third episode (farthest I’ve watched so far) is very good. The first two were very messy although the high production values made them watchable.

They made the correct choice to be self-aware which is probably the only way swords and sorcery can go immediately post-GOT. And the colorblind casting is a very welcome choice.

by Anonymousreply 291December 29, 2019 2:03 PM

They spent all pf their budget on the 8th episode.

by Anonymousreply 292December 29, 2019 3:00 PM

“Toss a Coin to Your Witcher” is supposed to make you cringe; much like Baby Yoda, it’s the show’s acknowledgement that the only way to move forward in an exhausted genre is through self-parody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293December 29, 2019 5:10 PM

I just finished watching the series. I wished the critics and people in general just watched it the damn show to completion. It’s actually pretty good. The writing could be better but I liked what they did with the different timelines/storylines. It’s also a clever ploy to get people to rewatch the season. The actress that played Yennefer is outstanding and did a great job with the character, what a great arc. I think the casting was great. It’s great to see a fantasy show with some diversity.

by Anonymousreply 294December 29, 2019 7:23 PM

R294 the yennifer actress was annoying. Arrogant and unlikable. No chemistry with gerault at all. The writing was shit. It had the potential to be a 10/10 show. Just felt so amateurish

by Anonymousreply 295December 29, 2019 7:56 PM

If you try to compare the show to GOT, which many seem to be doing for some reason, it's terrible. But if you take it on its own, it's not as bad as this thread makes it out to be.

by Anonymousreply 296December 29, 2019 7:57 PM

IMO the best Cavill episode was the first one where he helps the village and yet the villagers turn against him in the end. That gave him something to do acting wise, like showing the hurt of betrayal. In pretty much every other episode he's just a grunting cynic. Except on the one with the Dragon hunt where he pines for Yennifer.

by Anonymousreply 297December 29, 2019 8:45 PM

R294's all time favorite movie is Hisghchool Musical 2

by Anonymousreply 298December 29, 2019 9:35 PM

R296 Except it is terrible as every viewer with a working brain has noticed

by Anonymousreply 299December 29, 2019 9:36 PM

People who are confused don’t seem to understand there are different timelines between the main character’s stories.

by Anonymousreply 300December 29, 2019 9:41 PM

R299 No. It currently has a 59% rating on Rotten Tomatoes (audience percentage sits at 93% approval on RT). Reading this thread you would swear it's in single digits, but atlas, it's 1% off of being fresh. The reviews have been classified as mixed to average. Is it great? No, but this show is not being universally panned as the worst show ever made despite what this echo chamber claims.

by Anonymousreply 301December 29, 2019 9:52 PM

The fangirls have arrived

by Anonymousreply 302December 29, 2019 9:56 PM

I watch the first episode and I really liked it. My issue with the series so far is that filming seems to be done in the dark. I’m getting tired of films where you can’t see what’s going on clearly. There’s a point when art no longer is helpful. Some of these shows are making me go blind.

by Anonymousreply 303December 29, 2019 10:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304December 29, 2019 11:01 PM

R293 that was cute 😃

by Anonymousreply 305December 29, 2019 11:17 PM

Total and utter shite.

WTF is it with fantasy and magic?

by Anonymousreply 306December 29, 2019 11:18 PM

Anya's like a Sephardic variation of Lea Michelle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307December 30, 2019 12:39 AM

**Saphic

by Anonymousreply 308December 30, 2019 1:10 AM

OMG I was NOT expecting to encounter the story of the Grovelhog again decades after I saw it on Jim Henson’s Storyteller

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309December 30, 2019 1:50 AM

R307 hope she's not an asshole like Lea is.

by Anonymousreply 310December 30, 2019 2:24 AM

[quote] Anya's like a Sephardic variation of Lea Michelle.

Lea is pretty Ashkenazi, I'll admit!

by Anonymousreply 311December 30, 2019 2:33 AM

[quote] Anya's like a Sephardic variation of Lea Michelle.

Lea is pretty Ashkenazi, I'll admit!

by Anonymousreply 312December 30, 2019 2:33 AM

Yennefer's arc was my favourite as well and I'm kinda mellowing on the show as a whole the further away I am from it.

by Anonymousreply 313December 30, 2019 2:59 AM

The show had no center. It was like a bunch of stuff happening and people walking in and out of the action.

by Anonymousreply 314December 30, 2019 3:25 AM

Shitty show. Won’t be watching again.

by Anonymousreply 315December 30, 2019 3:27 AM

R313 that's because you're losing brain cells the further you watch.

by Anonymousreply 316December 30, 2019 7:49 AM

After bingeing it, the show has some potential. Really the first season seems like a pilot, which is not a great way to launch a show, but the monster-of-the-week format was at least something a bit different. Yennefer and Geralt have no chemistry. Needs more of the Black Knight, that character was interesting but underused. His arc in the books is akin to a certain Thrones character, so again potential is there.

by Anonymousreply 317December 30, 2019 8:44 PM

It could have been a 10/10 show. What a shame

by Anonymousreply 318December 31, 2019 11:52 AM

Polish adaptation from 2002. 🤭

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319December 31, 2019 2:58 PM

R319 polish gerault is kinda hot

by Anonymousreply 320December 31, 2019 4:04 PM

He is. And the bard and some of the extras are cute, too.

by Anonymousreply 321December 31, 2019 4:12 PM

It is currently the most watched, discussed, and searched TV show on the planet.

Suck it, haters.

by Anonymousreply 322December 31, 2019 11:44 PM

[quote]The Witcher would currently have a Fresh critics rating on Rotten Tomatoes if there were not TWO separate rotten reviews from the dual writers of the terrible Entertainment Weekly Review.

Just saw this on Reddit and man, Darren Franich and Kristen Baldwin's entry into the new decade could not have been shittier. They have needlessly complicated their lives for years to come. I wouldn't mind if they were just bitchy, but they were unprofessional by skipping the episodes like that and slapping an F onto the show. Cuntiness is perfectly fine when done right.

by Anonymousreply 323January 1, 2020 12:24 AM

According to whom R323? Crazy cunts and fat gamers?

by Anonymousreply 324January 1, 2020 12:28 AM

R323 When the show is bad it deserves to have its episodes skipped

by Anonymousreply 325January 1, 2020 12:29 AM

Sorry, but that's unprofessional when you are literally getting paid to sit on your ass, watch a show, and then review it. Good luck getting a job reviewing stuff at another outlet with that attitude.

by Anonymousreply 326January 1, 2020 12:33 AM

I didn’t get the changes in time back and forth in Cintra and I didn’t understand the ethos in the Black Knight and the White Feather but it’s kept my interest. I guess every hero has to adopt that gravelly, uninflected voice but I’m okay with that. Cavil is still Hotta MacHottiness!

by Anonymousreply 327January 1, 2020 12:52 AM

R362 ok boomer

by Anonymousreply 328January 1, 2020 1:27 AM

Oop! R236**

by Anonymousreply 329January 1, 2020 1:28 AM

You fucked up your insult, Gen Xer.

by Anonymousreply 330January 1, 2020 1:30 AM

Is the consensus here that the first episode sucked, but they get better after that? That's my take right now, on e5. The one with the tower and yennifer the hunchback is so far the best one.

by Anonymousreply 331January 1, 2020 1:32 AM

I thought the first two and a half episodes sucked. I perked up in the second half of the third episode.

by Anonymousreply 332January 1, 2020 1:38 AM

Even that brief shot of the gorgeous Royce Pierreson shirtless sucked. They could've milked that so much with some better angles and lighting. 😩

by Anonymousreply 333January 1, 2020 1:40 AM

Who would have thought Pierreson would out hot Henry Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 334January 1, 2020 3:15 AM

Third episode was where it started gelling for me too, though nothing has managed to make Princess Screechy's storyline compelling to me so far.

by Anonymousreply 335January 1, 2020 3:16 AM

I finished the series and it sucked through out. Wait till you see the atrocity in episode 6.

by Anonymousreply 336January 1, 2020 3:19 AM

Finished it. It had so much potential to be an amazing show. It's not there yet. These 10/10 reviews are deluded

by Anonymousreply 337January 1, 2020 7:36 AM

Lol, no R324, based on analytics, dear. It’s a huge success by any metric. Sorryyyyyyy!!! Byeeee!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338January 1, 2020 8:04 AM

Why don't people (fanhags) bother to read things properly and educate themselves. Not every country has Disney+ yet so that article is BS, it's based on the US market not worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 339January 1, 2020 9:20 AM

[quote] Netflix's "The Witcher" is the most in-demand TV show in the world, according to the latest figures from the data company Parrot Analytics.

What was that again R339? You keep trying it. It’s embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 340January 1, 2020 1:50 PM

Pretty sure Parrot Analytics normalised the ratings for the number of subscribers to the two platforms. So if they say it's more in-demand globally than The Mandalorian, than that's where we are.

by Anonymousreply 341January 1, 2020 1:56 PM

*then

by Anonymousreply 342January 1, 2020 1:57 PM

Keep trying what? One comment was made. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 343January 1, 2020 4:14 PM

Dumbass at R338 Why don't you share with the group how they got these numbers you fat cunt?

It's all about the number of clicks and not if they watched the entire thing. So go back to wdw with your fake victory you sad cow.

by Anonymousreply 344January 1, 2020 9:38 PM

R340 Why don't you let your pussy flaps fly you back to cuntland where you can rave to your little bubble about the terrible show?

Keep trying but your fat fingered posts won't prove anything but the show's atrocity that attracts insects like you.

by Anonymousreply 345January 1, 2020 9:41 PM

LMAO at people still clutching their pearls to prove this is a good series. Keep holding on to those numbers because by the time season 2 appears, in fact as of now, people have already forgotten about it.

by Anonymousreply 346January 1, 2020 9:47 PM

Club remix

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347January 2, 2020 12:06 AM

Everyone mumbles and needs elocution lessons.

I don't understand why they made the choice to have people mumble their lines in addition to having an odd accent. While it might be decipherable if you're from the UK, most Americans would have difficulty. It's as if a Welsh person had a bastard child with a Scot and the kid was raised by the muppets swedish chef.

by Anonymousreply 348January 2, 2020 1:41 AM

R348 thank God for subtitles.

by Anonymousreply 349January 2, 2020 2:19 AM

The deranged Witcher hater is so... sad. Take your meds, boomer.

by Anonymousreply 350January 2, 2020 3:19 AM

I enjoyed it, though interesting that Garalt was the weak link, and was sidelined for much of the finale.

by Anonymousreply 351January 2, 2020 3:36 AM

Yeah, his mom delirium in the finale was pissng me off. Just go back to the damn battle already.

by Anonymousreply 352January 2, 2020 3:38 AM

I started watching the first episode, and it so awful I couldn't finish it. In the first twenty minutes there's much discussion of how the main character is desperately in need of new clothes, and yet his clothes are obviously brand now without a scuff mark or mudspatter on them.

It's really just a clear rip-off of the Robert e. hopwazrd heroes like con an./

The only reason I could imagine it being worth seeing would be if Henry Cavill constantly took his (immaculate!) shirt off, but it looks like this is not the case.

by Anonymousreply 353January 2, 2020 5:46 AM

[quote]I started watching the first episode, and it so awful I couldn't finish it. In the first twenty minutes there's much discussion of how the main character is desperately in need of new clothes, and yet his clothes are obviously brand now without a scuff mark or mudspatter on them.

Yeah, when I heard that, I was like WTF -- his clothes are brand new compared to the dusty rags that woman was wearing. In fact, the clothes are a bit too immaculate and modern for this world, imo.

by Anonymousreply 354January 2, 2020 6:37 AM

R350 Okay Boomer

by Anonymousreply 355January 2, 2020 7:23 AM

R353 It was written by a bunch of millenial women so of course the first few lines would be about changing his clothes when he didn't need to.

by Anonymousreply 356January 2, 2020 7:25 AM

Not so fast 5 of those writers are men.

by Anonymousreply 357January 2, 2020 7:44 AM

I actually made it all the way through this shitshow.

I can’t say I’ll be back for Season 2 and I doubt most viewers will.

The Witcher is an incredibly pedestrian, B-movie romance novel.

It’s not politically true and intriguing like the Game of Thrones it steals designs from (“The Doppler” = The Night King).

Its action is generic, run-of-the-mill peblum. And its sex isn’t very sexy or erotic.

It’s all-around anti-taining.

Considering that Cavill is a homophobe, I think I’m done with this shitshow and him.

There are plenty of gigantic tit muscles out there that love gays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358January 2, 2020 8:39 AM

R358 he has gay friends

by Anonymousreply 359January 2, 2020 8:46 AM

Don't be so stupid, r359.

I've started watching, I'm not sure I like it. I think it's good to have women fighting men, but have them look physically capable of it, for fucks sake.

Where are all these black people coming from? They're in the background, not doing much. It's worse than having no black people at all; having them in the background, on the periphery of more important white characters.

by Anonymousreply 360January 2, 2020 9:59 AM

[quote]In the first twenty minutes there's much discussion of how the main character is desperately in need of new clothes, and yet his clothes are obviously brand now without a scuff mark or mudspatter on them.

Totally. Most of the costumes looked that way. And the sets didn't look lived in either - those CG castles had sleek, polished walls, like they were built just last year using modern materials.

[quote]I think it's good to have women fighting men, but have them look physically capable of it, for fucks sake.

I agree - it was outrageous the way the Queen was presented as this famous warrior, when she looked fairly dainty. No way in hell. Brienne on GoT was one of two women on that show who fought with a sword, and she was physically imposing. Arya was small but had a special weapon and a fighting style that were both chosen for her stature - but even she never fought in battles in the open field.

[quote]Where are all these black people coming from? They're in the background, not doing much. It's worse than having no black people at all; having them in the background, on the periphery of more important white characters.

I mean, one of them is Yennefer's lover. And even that was a huge achievement after that mother of freakouts and the threat of a boycott the fans pulled back when the showrunner revealed she might cast black people and POC as main characters. Blame it on the fandom who largely believes this show should look like medieval Poland. I disagree that it's worse than not having any black people at all - incrementalism is better than nothing. Same as with gay characters.

by Anonymousreply 361January 2, 2020 10:37 AM

[quote][R358] he has gay friends

It's 2020 and still people use the 'gay friends/black friends' trope... FOH!

by Anonymousreply 362January 2, 2020 10:47 AM

Ah yes, so now it becomes clear why you old boomer kaweens don’t like this show, because you’re racists and misogynists. Old DL sure doesn’t disappoint in this regard.

by Anonymousreply 363January 2, 2020 11:54 AM

Oh child! It's the lack of a comprehensible plot, unintelligible dialog, erratic dramatic focus, and lack of nudity that's a disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 364January 2, 2020 3:49 PM

R358 Don't be a dipshit. He's already gay.

by Anonymousreply 365January 2, 2020 4:47 PM

R363 Shutup blackie.

by Anonymousreply 366January 2, 2020 4:49 PM

LOL R358 must be the only one who doesn't know.

Even the Stryga knows!

by Anonymousreply 367January 2, 2020 4:49 PM

LoL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368January 2, 2020 4:50 PM

🎶🎵🎵🎶 TOSS A BARD IN THE WOODCHIPPER! 🎵🎵🎶

by Anonymousreply 369January 2, 2020 6:38 PM

[quote] Considering that Cavill is a homophobe,

Based solely on the way he once said "For my fans" with a sibilant "s"?

Get back to the campus safe space to play with your Play-Doh. You're too easily triggered to be in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 370January 2, 2020 7:05 PM

If they would just have him do most of his scenes shirtless it would be a must-watch.

by Anonymousreply 371January 2, 2020 7:15 PM

I'm watching this but got confused. i'm on episode 4 but didn't the queen die already? why is she having a party?

I didn't read the books.

by Anonymousreply 372January 3, 2020 2:27 AM

r372 Confusing time jump. Most people complained about it.

by Anonymousreply 373January 3, 2020 2:31 AM

R372

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374January 3, 2020 2:51 AM

Does Henry kill Daenerys in Season 2?

by Anonymousreply 375January 3, 2020 6:26 AM

I’m a white gay male, you fucking moron. So shut your fucking trap you stupid fucking Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 376January 3, 2020 12:46 PM

R376 Your attempt at sounding gay is ridiculous.

Fuck off CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 377January 3, 2020 5:17 PM

You’re a total fucking moron R377. You’re BLOCKED CUNT. BYEEEEEE

by Anonymousreply 378January 3, 2020 10:40 PM

PMS much hoe R378? Hahaha!

by Anonymousreply 379January 4, 2020 12:10 AM

Watch the entire season, and you will understand the time line.

It's funny to see so many haters here triggered because a show they dislike is a huge success. It's not GoT for sure, but enjoyed it anyway, I don't give a fuck about critic's reviews saying me I'm having fun wrong.

by Anonymousreply 380January 4, 2020 3:10 PM

The show is an undeniable hit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381January 4, 2020 5:37 PM

It’s a huge hit, has an additional musical hit, has restarted interest in the game Witcher 3 which has had a huge uptick in sales and downloads, and is part of the current cultural conversation. Sorry bitter queens.

by Anonymousreply 382January 4, 2020 6:10 PM

[quote]It's funny to see so many haters here triggered because a show they dislike is a huge success.

[quote]Sorry bitter queens.

It's just two posters in this thread who HATED it and are melting down and insulting others left and right. So we shouldn't generalise too much.

by Anonymousreply 383January 4, 2020 6:20 PM

and of course the DL has descended into a petty screech fest filled with invective- on almost every thread these days.

by Anonymousreply 384January 4, 2020 6:30 PM

LMAO at the fraus STILL trying to grab any strands to prove that this show was a hit! AGAIN, For the millionth time since your sad little brains are still developing , those articles are only looking at the number of views for a 2 MINUTE period only. IT's a FLOP and will be lucky to get another greenlit season besides the second one.

by Anonymousreply 385January 5, 2020 12:09 AM

R381! what a dumb ass frau that can't see the article was written by a fellow deluded gamer fanboy. Hahahah!

Keep bleeding bitches. You'll be PMSing this entire year.

by Anonymousreply 386January 5, 2020 12:10 AM

R385 = obsessive Cavillfrau who has posted hundreds of responses on Henry threads and doesn’t post on ANY other subject so she bought her membership just to obsess over Henry

by Anonymousreply 387January 5, 2020 1:01 AM

R387 Is the cunt who's pissed off at every Cavill thread because no one is willing to pay to post in her sad and empty DUWWEL threads.

BOOHOO!

by Anonymousreply 388January 5, 2020 1:18 AM

Anyone with a functioning brain can see this show is tragic.

by Anonymousreply 389January 5, 2020 1:20 AM

R387 Wait. Aren't you the one who keeps posting in every Cavill thread? Even better YOU'RE the OP of some of them. Got a nerve on you Haha!

by Anonymousreply 390January 5, 2020 1:22 AM

BUT I post on all different subjects on DL and start a dozen threads every day. YOU only come here to post about one thing. You have NO OTHER INTERESTS.

(Trump voice) Sad!

by Anonymousreply 391January 5, 2020 1:29 AM

Who knew the Durrel threads were made by a Trumpeteer piece of shit?

And why are you even bothered by what and where I post cunt?

Go take your PMS meds. This thread is beginning to smell fishy.

by Anonymousreply 392January 5, 2020 1:35 AM

The person insisting the show is a flop must be trolling. Anyone can search "The Witcher" news and see the truth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393January 5, 2020 1:38 AM

R393 You insisting the show is a hit must be trolling. Anyone can search "The Witcher" news and see the truth all they talk about is "popularity" aka the quantity of incel gamers and Henry Cavill frau stans like your sad self flooding comment sections about how amazing the show is when the quality is best fit for a lowbudget TV show. Even IGN one of the Gamers shrines gave it an average 6 out of 10.

by Anonymousreply 394January 5, 2020 1:49 AM

OMG the Cavill obsessed troll posts makes many postings referencing women and periods. I think he may be an unhappy Trans.

by Anonymousreply 395January 5, 2020 1:51 AM

R393 Since your body is busy developing your uterus instead of your brain, here's a recap , those articles are only looking at the number of views for a 2 MINUTE period only. That's how Netflix calculated the "popularity" numbers.

by Anonymousreply 396January 5, 2020 1:53 AM

If you put the Incel Cavill troll on mute, half the thread disappears.

Also, he is a racist, he called someone “blackie” and used the word “chink.”

by Anonymousreply 397January 5, 2020 1:54 AM

Are you triggered frau R395 ?

by Anonymousreply 398January 5, 2020 1:55 AM

R397 Awww!! Sad frau! What'll happen to you when M closes this thread? Will you keep asking people to pay up?

by Anonymousreply 399January 5, 2020 1:57 AM

Also I think the Incel is using two accounts from two different devices because he posts something and it gets WWed immediately even if it’s not funny.

by Anonymousreply 400January 5, 2020 1:57 AM

Sad sad COW! R400 Go back to stalking on WDW

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401January 5, 2020 2:00 AM

R400 Haaahahaaaa! You're getting paranoid because my comments are getting likes instead of yours.

Off to the mental ward your go!

by Anonymousreply 402January 5, 2020 2:03 AM

LOL! The Incel is so obsessed! I keep seeing responses added but they’re invisible because I blocked him.

Poor Incel. I bet it will end up becoming MTF since it so so obsessed with vaginas.

by Anonymousreply 403January 5, 2020 2:04 AM

Aww R403 Won't see what I wrote about her fat ass. Boo hoo!

by Anonymousreply 404January 5, 2020 2:07 AM

When will M close this thread so OP will officially go into a meltdown?

by Anonymousreply 405January 5, 2020 2:08 AM

R383 Almost everyone besides you and the other Cavill fangirl disliked this show? What are you even talking about? Even OP is disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 406January 5, 2020 2:50 AM

r406 has severe reading comprehension issues. Where did I say I disliked the show? Gurl, bye.

by Anonymousreply 407January 5, 2020 2:58 AM

Damn, this thread is a hot mess. See you all when the second season drops out.

by Anonymousreply 408January 5, 2020 3:03 AM

R407 Idiot? Did you even read my comment?

by Anonymousreply 409January 5, 2020 3:05 AM

[quote]See you all when the second season drops out.

You mean second and FINAL season.

by Anonymousreply 410January 5, 2020 3:06 AM

R409 if anyone still remembers this shit.

by Anonymousreply 411January 5, 2020 3:09 AM

Seriously r408. I checked back in on this thread and it is a shitshow now. Pity we can't keep the crazies away.

by Anonymousreply 412January 5, 2020 3:29 AM

R412 Is this your first time on DL?

by Anonymousreply 413January 5, 2020 3:33 AM

Amongst all the silly arguing I'll be here like...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414January 5, 2020 7:26 AM

I can't load the last 32 answers, so I will post not knowing if my argument has already be done.

People are buying the Witcher book to try to make sense of the FUCKING timeline! Not something to be proud when you are the showrunner...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415January 5, 2020 8:47 AM

[quote]Just saw this on Reddit and man, Darren Franich and Kristen Baldwin's entry into the new decade could not have been shittier. They have needlessly complicated their lives for years to come. I wouldn't mind if they were just bitchy, but they were unprofessional by skipping the episodes like that and slapping an F onto the show. Cuntiness is perfectly fine when done right.

Kristen Davis also have an F to Almost Family because she said she had a daughter through in vitro fertilization and she couldn’t watch them make a gross mockery of it on this show. She got eviscerated in the comments for her unprofessionalism.

by Anonymousreply 416January 5, 2020 9:06 AM

Keep trying fraus and fanboys.

by Anonymousreply 417January 5, 2020 7:02 PM

Lol you’re trying it R417.

by Anonymousreply 418January 5, 2020 8:58 PM

Nah it's you cunt R418

by Anonymousreply 419January 5, 2020 9:26 PM

Lol oh hunny, sad.

by Anonymousreply 420January 5, 2020 9:29 PM

The fangirls have invaded DL again

by Anonymousreply 421January 5, 2020 9:41 PM

I just watched the 8 episodes with my family, we enjoyed it.

Looking forward to the 2nd season...there is one right?

by Anonymousreply 422January 5, 2020 9:43 PM

LMAO at the fangirls making new accounts

by Anonymousreply 423January 5, 2020 10:07 PM

R422 yes, The Witcher is getting a second season.

by Anonymousreply 424January 5, 2020 11:11 PM

People like a show you dislike, get over it . Incels and fangirls? They are viewers anyway. The show is popular you like it or not. Fucking deal with it. I don't even like it that much, but your dilusions triggered me.

by Anonymousreply 425January 6, 2020 11:45 PM

Keep getting triggered fat cunt. Clearly you liked it since your grammar is that of a second grader. Anyone with a rational brain can see the show is bad af.

by Anonymousreply 426January 7, 2020 2:00 AM

And you think poor quality is somehow proof against a show being popular, R426? How many seasons did Seventh Heaven and According to Jim stay on the air?

by Anonymousreply 427January 7, 2020 4:01 AM

You comparing it to these ratchet shows just proves my point.

The only reason they lasted this long was we only had TV for entertainment then and simple mided people dominated the viewership in that era.

by Anonymousreply 428January 7, 2020 4:31 AM

And 7th Heaven was lucky enough to have a pedo as one of the leads.

by Anonymousreply 429January 7, 2020 5:17 AM

Supposedly, they spent months on this, but I can't believe it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430January 7, 2020 6:38 AM

That hairline is atrocious. Fake AF. Was it from Spirit Halloween?

by Anonymousreply 431January 7, 2020 8:10 AM

R418 What's the matter cunts? The show blows in more ways than one.

Ask Mr Joey Batey for more detail

by Anonymousreply 432January 7, 2020 5:50 PM

It's strange seeing 10/10 reviews. It barely makes a 5 in my eyes. It has potential though. They just need to fire all the writers.and editors.

by Anonymousreply 433January 10, 2020 3:53 PM

Still a huge hit!

by Anonymousreply 434January 10, 2020 4:01 PM

Stay salty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435January 10, 2020 7:42 PM

Fancunts are still trying to prove this sorry excuse of a show is a good one LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 436January 10, 2020 9:23 PM

It's like the song Friday by Rebecca Black, millions of views but trash content.

by Anonymousreply 437January 10, 2020 9:24 PM

Stay Dumb R435

Clearly written by a gamer fanboy like all of the other positive reviews this show got.

by Anonymousreply 438January 10, 2020 9:40 PM

There are certainly parallels with how earworm-y and awful that song is.

by Anonymousreply 439January 10, 2020 11:01 PM

Nobody cares about The Cunter.

by Anonymousreply 440January 10, 2020 11:06 PM

Thank God for more cardio videos 😄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441January 11, 2020 3:51 AM

He's aging like milk

by Anonymousreply 442January 11, 2020 11:58 AM

the metal cover of the toss song, he also did a cover of the white wolf song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443January 14, 2020 6:47 PM

Star Wars just crossed a billion dollars.

Shows you how much crazy fanatics will go overboard for a barely mediocre writing and story.

by Anonymousreply 444January 16, 2020 12:28 AM

Henry's on his knees that this show is a hit, because obviously, he doesn't have anything lined up.

by Anonymousreply 445January 16, 2020 7:46 AM

R445 he has . just wait some time and you will see

by Anonymousreply 446January 16, 2020 9:11 AM

^^^ Won't go into specifics because they know jack shit.

by Anonymousreply 447January 16, 2020 10:43 AM

Never read a book or played the game. Obvious who it's aimed at. Too much nubile,unnecessary female tit. A bit of Quasi Lessie stuff doing it for the boys. Boring. The only relationship with a spark is Henry and the Bard. His constantly having to save him is a good storyline. Getting them to eventually realise they care for one another could be a good twist. But that won't go anywhere. Every time they get remotely affectionate they have to loudly state 'how turned on by pussy they really are. Why is it in these alternative fantasy worlds they can do anything, be anything but when it comes to sex, good old ugly Christian family values raises its ugly head. Sex can only be about fucking women. Won't be watching the next series. Can tell you what it's about. A few monsters, lots of female tit, Henry stopping fighting for a moment to fuck a woman or two. Bored already.

by Anonymousreply 448January 16, 2020 11:01 AM

Accurate synopsis, R448!

by Anonymousreply 449January 16, 2020 11:35 AM

Still a huge hit. Lol

by Anonymousreply 450January 16, 2020 10:47 PM

Still a massive pile of shit. Lol

by Anonymousreply 451January 17, 2020 3:44 AM

[quote]It's strange seeing 10/10 reviews. It barely makes a 5 in my eyes. It has potential though. They just need to fire all the writers.and editors.

Count on basement dwellers and Henry obsessed hags to flood the rating systems with perfect stores.

And don't even get me started on Netflix's paid bots and trolls commenting on social media. ;)

by Anonymousreply 452January 17, 2020 3:49 AM

I wouldn’t watch this shit again even if Henry shoved a vibrator up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 453January 17, 2020 3:55 AM

😉 Series 2 spoiler...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454January 17, 2020 6:22 AM

Sorry, not a fanboy and I'm new to Henry Cavill's haters. Why you hate him so much? Because you think he is straight? or because you think he is gay? You are very similar to Armie Hammer's haters. Dilusional and nuts. Yeah, the show is not that good, but is a huge hit, and you can't change that. Must be killing you. Bye forever lunatics

by Anonymousreply 455January 18, 2020 3:05 AM

So you think because we know he's gay we're haters?

Laterssss fat HC cunt!

by Anonymousreply 456January 18, 2020 3:21 AM

R455 didn't enjoy the show, but god forbid if we critise it!

If you're new to DL, why don't you read the hundred of threads we have already filled about him? It might help you understand why we can be a fan, and still be critical of his work or his action...

by Anonymousreply 457January 18, 2020 7:43 AM

Every week or so we get someone popping in posting the same thing as R455. It's boring now so move along if you cannot handle others having a difference of opinion to you.

Criticism ≠ haters.

by Anonymousreply 458January 18, 2020 9:32 AM

R458 They're usually the same cunts from the HCavill thread so don't pay any mind to them. it gets them off.

by Anonymousreply 459January 18, 2020 11:11 AM

R455 Shut up Lauren Cuntrich.

by Anonymousreply 460January 18, 2020 11:13 AM

Shilling as per...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461January 21, 2020 11:20 AM

[quote]Henry shoved a vibrator up his ass.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 462January 21, 2020 11:26 AM

Look at him finding the exact spot for the light to hit his face.

Henry still laughs like fat Cavill

by Anonymousreply 463January 21, 2020 1:08 PM

I started watching it last night and the thing that pisses me off the most is how it's filmed. Ridiculously close shots of the actors that shut out the environment around them. One of the reasons Game Of Thrones was so great was that they hardly ever did this, most scenes showcased the sets and the extras, which made the world feel real. When almost every shot is a close up on the top of an actor's chest and their head, the world doesn't feel real. I feel like I'm watching two actors on a shitty film set, not two characters in this world.

The plot is a bit confusing, but it doesn't really bother me because most sci-fi and fantasy shows are like that. The fact that Cavill is never naked bothers me but whatever. I wish the fight scenes were a bit better and that they showcased the CGI a bit more. I also wish they wouldn't have done whatever they did to the camera to make the world look so fake. They added some sort of ugly filter or something which turned the world into this grey, ugly, plastic looking mess.

by Anonymousreply 464January 21, 2020 1:45 PM

I'm enjoying it simply for the hilarity of having Cavill and the Bard get super close and affectionate and boyfriend-y with one another only to have the writers shoehorn in some line about them wanting to fuck girls. Straight people's crippling fear of platonic male intimacy is always funny.

by Anonymousreply 465January 21, 2020 1:52 PM

The first episode is such a confusing mess and unwatchable. It doesn’t start getting better until the second episode when Yennifer appears. They should have made that the first episode.

The problem with this show is that it doesn’t explain their universe. What the heck is a Witcher? What powers do they have? What do they do? How do they cum to be? Buffy answered all these questions and set up the universe in the first episode. The Witcher still hasn’t after 8 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 466January 21, 2020 3:02 PM

[Quote] Buffy answered all these questions and set up the universe in the first episode.

Sadly there will never be another show like it 😔

by Anonymousreply 467January 22, 2020 12:40 AM

R464 To hell with the plot, you just want to look at something cool on the screen like fights and CGI. Well, alrighty then!

by Anonymousreply 468January 22, 2020 4:39 AM

Fangirls have arrived. Synchronized posting are we?

by Anonymousreply 469January 22, 2020 5:18 AM

Please don't compare a crap production like the Witcher to a great storytelling series like Buffy.

by Anonymousreply 470January 22, 2020 5:20 AM

*not even being sarcastic

by Anonymousreply 471January 22, 2020 5:21 AM

Netflix catching flax for counting 2 minutes as an actual view of a show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472January 22, 2020 6:04 AM

R468 After years and years of terrible fantasy shows, and more importantly shitty shows from Netflix with paper thin plots, I've learned to take what little crumbs I can get. As long as it looks good I don't give a shit about the plot, which from what I pieced together just sounds like a crappy mix of Game Of Thrones and Buffy without the writing skills or wit.

by Anonymousreply 473January 22, 2020 12:11 PM

The Witcher ratings. I wished she would have talked about the 2 minute thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474January 23, 2020 8:27 AM

It must be true that he is difficult to work with, because compared to other actors like him, he's not getting enough work.

by Anonymousreply 475January 23, 2020 8:29 AM

I've finally finished watching so I can now read and contribute to this thread!

My thoughts are that overall I liked it. It didn't blow me away, but it was generally well-crafted and kept my interest. I absolutely HATED that they jumped around timelines without any way to make that clear which I thought was unnecessarily confusing for an audience.

Initially I wasn't sold on the casting choices, especially for Yennefer as I had the character from The Witcher 3 so fixated in my mind and she didn't look or sound like her, but I warmed to her and thought overall she was my favourite character.

I felt 8 episodes was too short, there wasn't enough detail in the world building for me, I'm familiar with the world from reading one of the books and playing the games but so much is just glossed over or never explained and I think that was a mistake.

Henry was actually a great choice for Geralt. His neutral flat delivery was perfect. Would have loved to see even more of his body. I felt he was completely sidelined in the last episode though. I would very much like to be ploughing him hard while he says "Fuck. Geralt-style over and over.

I thought it was odd that they used the original name Jaskier for Dandelion. When his character came into it I thought "Oh it's Dandelion" but he was being called Jaskier and I thought I had it wrong, I actually had to look it up that it was his original name. If the entire world outside of Poland knows a character by a particular name, it seems weird not to use that.

There could have been more monsters in it. Goes back to it not having enough episodes I guess, and also I suppose to some extent budget, but a Witcher is a monster-hunter for hire and it would have been fun to see a few more Witcher contracts. Or even just encounters with random monsters while travelling. The ones they did have, I thought they did really well.

The fight scenes were brilliant. Bloody and brutal and very well choreographed. I think Henry did an excellent job with the sword play.

They should have used/explained Witcher signs more, and he should have used more potions. Maybe this is just because when I play the game you are using them constantly but it felt like they were lacking.

The music/score was great. Great acting from everyone really. Mostly good writing.

I'd probably give an overall score of say, 7 or 8 out of 10 for this first season. I am excited to see what they do next, with hopefully a bigger budget, a more conventional timeline and now the main characters are established.

by Anonymousreply 476January 23, 2020 9:19 AM

R474 She's shilling for Netflix now, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 477January 23, 2020 9:34 AM

R475 does he have a bad rep on set?? Aside Stephen Dorff, who else has said he's an asshole?? Or is it the Superman curse 😜

by Anonymousreply 478January 24, 2020 5:17 AM

Well, he did walk off the set of a movie he was producing.

by Anonymousreply 479January 24, 2020 6:02 AM

[quote] It must be true that he is difficult to work with, because compared to other actors like him, he's not getting enough work.

I don't believe that. Grace Randolph is the only one saying that bullshit. He's not getting enough work because he has lousy representation. Also, he doesn't seem particularly driven. It's not just film roles either. He's one of the most attractive men in Hollywood, yet has only had a few brand endorsements. Even his social/charity causes are kinda' meh. Given his "Fat Cavill" childhood, I'm surprised he didn't align himself with an anti-bullying organization. Or one that promotes children's physical fitness. The guy was Superman, but did he ever visit any children's hospitals in character?

by Anonymousreply 480January 24, 2020 6:17 AM

Why did Steven Dwarf say Henry is an asshole? 🔆

by Anonymousreply 481January 24, 2020 7:09 AM

R479 I didn't here this. Article link?... What was the name of the film?

by Anonymousreply 482January 24, 2020 8:14 AM

[quote]Given his "Fat Cavill" childhood, I'm surprised he didn't align himself with an anti-bullying organization.

You know what? You are absolutely right. Instead of doing charity work for zoos and the Royal Marines, why doesn’t he try doing something to help a cause that actually affected him personally?

by Anonymousreply 483January 24, 2020 8:20 AM

[quote] I didn't here this. Article link?... What was the name of the film?

See link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484January 24, 2020 8:39 AM

[quote]I don't believe that. Grace Randolph is the only one saying that bullshit. He's not getting enough work because he has lousy representation. Also, he doesn't seem particularly driven.

It's all that too and he's been known to be difficult.

by Anonymousreply 485January 24, 2020 8:41 AM

[Quote] Also, he doesn't seem particularly driven.

Well isn't he in this for the money??

[Quote] Well, he did walk off the set of a movie he was producing.

Stratton turned out to be shit. Don't think he could've saved it.

by Anonymousreply 486January 24, 2020 9:12 AM

[quote]Stratton turned out to be shit. Don't think he could've saved it.

Whether he could have save it or not is not the point. The point is he walked off the set, which caused them to scramble to keep the project afloat. He greenlit the script and still didn't like it. He walked off the set and didn't seem to care, which added to the case that he is difficult to work with.

by Anonymousreply 487January 24, 2020 9:26 AM

Why do people care so much about there being non-white characters in various films and TV shows? There have been plenty of times where white actors and actresses have played characters that were originally non-white, and yet I bet the same people complaining about fOrCeD dIvErSiTy weren't whining then.

Scarlett Johansson has played an Asian woman -- so has Emma Stone. And hell, Angelina Jolie has played a fucking black woman. If white people can replace non-whites, why can't the opposite be done?

by Anonymousreply 488January 24, 2020 10:25 AM

The main character in Ghost in the Shell was a white woman. Scarlett Johansson was a white woman playing a white woman.

by Anonymousreply 489January 24, 2020 12:18 PM

Scarlett's character in the movie was white, people just assume that her character is supposed to be asian because the movie was based on a manga, which is a little bit racist in-and-of itself. That being said, I don't think making Yennifer black mattered. They could've made her purple and it still wouldn't have saved this shitfest.

by Anonymousreply 490January 24, 2020 12:21 PM

R480 stay angry and delusional. Now flock back to LSA

by Anonymousreply 491January 24, 2020 4:58 PM

[quote] stay angry and delusional. Now flock back to LSA

Go sit yo' simple ass down somewhere. He DOES have lousy representation. And his career - in every sense - has always seemed as though it's just been limping along. He's been up for and landed some of the most coveted roles in Hollywood, yet he still seems to be straddling the B-list. His social media presence is underwhelming, as are his charities. There have been actors have done far more with far less. Now tell me --- where are the lies?

by Anonymousreply 492January 24, 2020 6:27 PM

Nature's superman <3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493January 24, 2020 6:30 PM

Cringing.

by Anonymousreply 494January 24, 2020 7:56 PM

Who styled him?

So ugly.

by Anonymousreply 495January 25, 2020 9:29 AM

R493 ohh that was cringey. I wonder how much they paid him to film that??

by Anonymousreply 496January 25, 2020 10:00 AM

Too much, whatever the amount was.

by Anonymousreply 497January 25, 2020 5:30 PM

I’ve tried several times to watch this but I’m finding it almost literally unwatchable. Why does it have such a fan base? It’s now the most watched streaming show, even more than The Mandalorian.

by Anonymousreply 498January 27, 2020 12:36 AM

R498 No way, that can't be true. I'll believe it when I see it, pull up receipts Bootsy.

by Anonymousreply 499January 27, 2020 12:49 AM

You mean most watched? Oh fine I’ll google it and find the article I read a few days ago.

by Anonymousreply 500January 27, 2020 2:00 AM

Here it is Miss Thomas, as in doubting! I’ll take your apology at your earliest convenience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501January 27, 2020 2:02 AM

Bootsy, Netflix is playing fast and loose with the views of the Witcher. They now count only two minutes as a view.

by Anonymousreply 502January 27, 2020 5:13 AM

R501 Thanks, Bootsy!

by Anonymousreply 503January 27, 2020 5:15 AM

"No, I'll believe it when I see it. Show me!"

(Is shown.)

"The methodology is wrong!!!"

(Why bother?)

by Anonymousreply 504January 27, 2020 1:53 PM

R504 I'm not R502

by Anonymousreply 505January 27, 2020 5:39 PM

[quote]That being said, I don't think making Yennifer black mattered.

They only made Yennifer black to applease the SJWs but the show is still horrible.

by Anonymousreply 506January 27, 2020 5:47 PM

It's weird how this show manages to look both gorgeous and ugly, both expensive and cheap, and do it all simultaneously.

by Anonymousreply 507January 27, 2020 8:52 PM

Another reason this show fails is that it's very clearly trying to imitate the emersion of the world of Ice & Fire, but unlike in Game Of Thrones, all of the terms sound ridiculous. All of the names for realms, ranks, food, magic, etc all sound organic in Game Of Thrones. As if they could be legitimate medieval terms. The terms in this show just sound like lazy gibberish

by Anonymousreply 508January 27, 2020 8:55 PM

To be fair, r508, this show was based on books originally written in Polish, and the names which definitely sound hokey to us may be fine to speakers of Slavic languages.

by Anonymousreply 509January 27, 2020 9:14 PM

R506 You think the girl who play Yennifer is black? You didn't watch the show right? because if it's the case you need to get glasses, and quick! Her father being indian is the only "diversity" you will find in her. (don't get into the cast system in india, it's complicated...)

The all "they changed a character for diversity" drama was about one witch, and her father, the one who got a job for his daughter even thought she is shit at her job... (great positive role!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510January 28, 2020 5:35 AM

R510 Who got a job for their daughter?

by Anonymousreply 511January 28, 2020 6:26 AM

He's referring to the wizard character Arturo Vigo on the show, who tried to get his niece Fringilla a plum assignment before Yennefer fouled that up by doing her She's All That post-makeover strut onto the dancefloor and nabbing the post instead.

by Anonymousreply 512January 28, 2020 7:03 AM

Oh, so some make-believe shit.

by Anonymousreply 513January 28, 2020 8:32 AM

R512 thank you, I got confused with the timeline AND the characters ! I imagine if witches get their reproductive system removed, the wizard must have the snip as well, and therefore can't have kids ?

by Anonymousreply 514January 28, 2020 4:47 PM

***** SPOILER AHEAD*****

OK, so I’m watching this, and here’s something that makes no sense to me: The underlying and common thread on this series is free will vs. destiny.

So far, all of the characters whom have special gifts, seem to believe in destiny. The biggest and most obvious character who doesn’t, is Geralt of Rivea, aka: the main male protagonist, played by Cavil.

What has been puzzling me, is that the Law of Surprise keeps getting claimed. The law of Surprise, to me, represents chaos, disorder, and an interruption in fulfilling what has been carved out, and predestined. Yet, how can the law be claimed, had it not been merited in the past, henceforth, manifesting destiny?

How is it a surprise? It’s not. It’s a code of honor, and predestined to be honored in the future, yet the characters are constantly opposing, rejecting, and not proactively honoring their promised destiny, , because they had planned or wanted something else, rather than chips being cashed in, as originally promised, between the parties whom agreed to it.

Surprise is not free will, nor chaos, it turns out. Perhaps the writers never thought that people would catch this? Even as called upon as a surprise, it is not. It is actually, true order, hence, making it a contractual obligation.

What bugs me, is that this plot device, is used in order to represent chaos, and obviously, dramatic tension. But logically, as in philosophically, it’s a weird plot device, and leaves the development of the story and the inner minds of the characters, navigating shallow waters, rather than dealing with the ever timeless questions: Why are we here? And do we have a choice, about anything?

Personally, I don’t believe in free will. And I don’t mind watching supernatural/fantasy series, and usually enjoy them. However, all roads and answers lead back to Geralt and Yennifer.

These two main characters should be developed within parameters that don’t question destiny. being that they understand their future had been forced or predestined upon them. They both lack self awareness, and are wrought in petulance, yet seek power over the same destiny that brought them together, and had them fall in love. A good thing, yes?

Perhaps I’m overthinking, which I tend to do, but predetermination isn’t susceptible to magic, chaos or the illusion/perception of free will.

As we say, it is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 515February 5, 2020 6:35 AM

I just want the show over.

by Anonymousreply 516February 5, 2020 8:11 AM

It's so tedious and nonsensical.

by Anonymousreply 517February 5, 2020 8:15 AM

Started watching a few months ago, made it to episode five, stopped watching, got bored during quarantine and came back to rewatch.

In retrospect the Cintra plot line is hilariously bad. They tried to do a Game Of Thrones thing but it didn't work because of how nothing makes sense. The king and queen learn of an impending invasion and don't even try to take precautionary measures, which makes no sense as they have a fucking wizard on their side. The invaders arrive and they only bring like 200 people to defend the kingdom, including the king and queen, who are on the front lines and completely unprotected (hilariously stupid) which proves to be a bad idea when the king dies like five seconds into the battle. Then, after the battle is lost, the invaders march on the city and begin to sack it which makes no sense because they're burning down a city they're trying to take over.

No defense measures, barely a fight, and Cintra falls like less than 8 hours after the invaders show up. The King and Queen sucked at their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 518August 29, 2020 10:51 PM

It really is a shame that the writing sucks, considering the acting is actually good and the score is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 519August 29, 2020 11:14 PM

The wig looks better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520October 5, 2020 2:26 PM

Any dirt on the cast besides Henry, like Eamon Farren, Anya Chalotra or Joey Batey?

by Anonymousreply 521December 2, 2020 4:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!