Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NETFLIX EXPOSED FOR FAKE IMDB RATINGS

Netflix needs to be exposed for the paid IMDB ratings for their shows including their recent Witcher series. Barely a day out but with over 5000 10/10 reviews.

by Anonymousreply 27December 29, 2019 6:25 AM

While I don't doubt that a very large number of the reviews are paid, I've seen several discussions where people said they intended to binge it immediately when it's available.

In addition, for all the youtubers operating in the "fantasy community" (lol) that do game, movie, and book reviews, it's a huge deal to get your reviews out early.

There are already tons of Rise of Skywalker reviews out and it's been basically one day - and you have to get to a theater to do that one.

by Anonymousreply 1December 20, 2019 5:37 PM

Glad yo see so many insomniacs finally got some shut eye.

by Anonymousreply 2December 20, 2019 11:42 PM

I just tried posting an average review on IMDB, twice, But it won't accept it.

Suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 3December 21, 2019 12:35 AM

I just scored it a bit higher and guess what? My review was posted. Any journalist want to out IMDB's fake rating system

by Anonymousreply 4December 21, 2019 3:17 AM

They're allowing all the 10/10 reviews with comments of just random letters like "kljhhhbbh" But not actual people who saw it?

by Anonymousreply 5December 21, 2019 3:19 AM

IMDB has really lost its relevancy the last few years because of shit like this (along with the closing of the boards). Nobody takes the reviews on there seriously anymore.

by Anonymousreply 6December 21, 2019 3:23 AM

So far I've read almost 6 identical 10/10 reviews by different users on IMDB. What kind of shit is IMDB running? Clearly Netflix's hand is in on this.

by Anonymousreply 7December 21, 2019 5:45 AM

Rotten Tomatoes are keeping it real. 58% Critics. 90% Audience.

by Anonymousreply 8December 21, 2019 8:18 AM

R8 That sounds about right. And you know that the 90% rating is from fangurls who would eat his shit if they thought it would be a way to show their support.

by Anonymousreply 9December 21, 2019 8:46 AM

There are some fan boys on youtbube who is eating up the shit, too. It got me wondering whether I was watching the same show.

by Anonymousreply 10December 21, 2019 8:57 AM

I haven't been inside an actual theater in years - I watch films online.

Rise of Skywalker was online the day after release so if I wanted to watch it I could review it.

Ever since imdb took away the message boards, I go to wikipedia to get my cinema news, trivia, plot etc.

Fuck imdb

by Anonymousreply 11December 21, 2019 9:57 AM

Do the computer gamers and nerds like the Netflix adaption? They are the ones who can make or break a show with a big computer gamers and nerd fanbase when they vote on polls and social media as a (united) group.

by Anonymousreply 12December 21, 2019 9:59 AM

I don't think the voting matters more so than the actual viewership on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 13December 21, 2019 10:17 AM

That show has very passionate fans. I have no doubt some of them got together on Reddit or on Discord a while ago and hatched a plan to bomb IMDb with perfect scores the minute the series dropped. There are also fans who want the show to do well and so immediately gave it a 10 on their own. And I doubt Netflix would bother risking a scandal by buying votes.

It's definitely not a 10, though.

by Anonymousreply 14December 21, 2019 10:34 AM

The second episode reminded me of American Horror Coven, when Yennifer went to witch school.

by Anonymousreply 15December 21, 2019 11:07 AM

Another flop.

by Anonymousreply 16December 21, 2019 11:23 AM

R14 that makes sense. IMDB and RT need to sort this shit out

by Anonymousreply 17December 21, 2019 3:22 PM

R16 Except for the fraus and gamers who are all cheering forward with positive reviews on Twitter and IMDB

by Anonymousreply 18December 27, 2019 11:04 PM

I can't imagine anything with Henry Cavill could get 10/10 unless he's showing cock.

by Anonymousreply 19December 27, 2019 11:09 PM

If you're considering watching it, read this first, just the first couple, and then decide if this is how you want to spend your time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 28, 2019 12:48 AM

Rise of Skywalker still holding at 86% Audience with 60K reviews - the SAME Audience score that it's had at every update, no matter how many new reviews were added since only 6K reviews.

How could anyone argue that the rating isn't being manipulated.

by Anonymousreply 21December 28, 2019 1:19 AM

R21 Exactly. RT and IMDB need to shut them down unless they're being paid by the big wigs like Netflix and Disney. Which obviously they are.

by Anonymousreply 22December 28, 2019 11:35 AM

IMDB is an Amazon company, and as on Amazon there are all sorts of shills posting reviews and ratings and miscellaneous others grinding their axes. If you want to see shill ratings check out the reviews for "Joker." I'd say one in twenty actually saw the film.

by Anonymousreply 23December 28, 2019 1:02 PM

[quote]IMDB is an Amazon company, and as on Amazon there are all sorts of shills posting reviews and ratings and miscellaneous others grinding their axes. If you want to see shill ratings check out the reviews for "Joker." I'd say one in twenty actually saw the film.

It seems like there is a big difference between shills posting reviews and RT where there is clearly more to it. Even if there were hundreds or even thousands of shill reviews, the actual 86% would have changed at some point during the past 40K+ reviews.

by Anonymousreply 24December 28, 2019 5:39 PM

Reviews/ratings for shows or products coming from reviewers with under five reviews and stellar reviews for products/shows all from the same company, are suspect.

by Anonymousreply 25December 28, 2019 5:42 PM

Anyone know what happened to all the exciting "features and application"s IMDB promised when they took away those message boards?

That excuse has proven to be utter bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 26December 28, 2019 6:34 PM

R26 Oh yeah! I forgot about that empty promise.

by Anonymousreply 27December 29, 2019 6:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!