Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

HAPPY IMPEACHMENT DAY, YOU ALL!

Well... it is a sad day for the nation. BUT, it's a celebratory one too! The Founders of the United States prepared us for this moment.

I'm choosing to celebrate! Trump is awful. Republicans are worse. Maybe this will slow him, his reckless Administration, and the evil supporters down until we, THE PEOPLE, can vote them out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321December 23, 2019 11:58 PM

It is a paper tiger.

He won’t be indicted.

by Anonymousreply 1December 18, 2019 11:41 AM

If this keeps up, Sami Brady won't arrive in Salem until Easter.

And it might be too late to save Will . . . . . . . .

by Anonymousreply 2December 18, 2019 11:44 AM

(CLAP!) (CLAP!) (CLAP!) (CLAP!) (CLAP!!!!) [standing ovation]

She's a STAH!!!!

(Elissa Slotkin)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 18, 2019 11:55 AM

R2, Are they going to preempt everyday?

by Anonymousreply 4December 18, 2019 11:57 AM

Whereas in Genoa City, r2, no one gives a shit WHEN Connor burns down Crimson Lights.

Except Tessa. And, by association, Mariah. And then Sharon. Sharon will care. I simply hope it will mean the end of both Connor and Chelsea, as well.

LET'S UNGELD ADAM!

by Anonymousreply 5December 18, 2019 11:58 AM

OP just guaranteed his 2020 reelection. Thanks, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 6December 18, 2019 11:59 AM

I've been waiting for this day for three years. Glory Hallelujah!

by Anonymousreply 7December 18, 2019 11:59 AM

All DLers, no matter Blue State or Red State, should contact your Senators and let them know how you would like them to vote. ASAP!

For Red Staters: Appeal to your Senators' statesmanship rather than their partisanship. Ask if they would acquit with the same facts yet with Hillary in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 8December 18, 2019 11:59 AM

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Can you believe that I will be impeached today by the Radical Left, Do Nothing Democrats, AND I DID NOTHING WRONG! A terrible Thing. Read the Transcripts. This should never happen to another President again. Say a PRAYER!

by Anonymousreply 9December 18, 2019 11:59 AM

I went to one of the impeachment protest last night, would say about 300 people showed up in my neighborhood. It was nice not to feel like I am the only one living bubble with how much I think is s poison to our country. I mean yeah, TV, Internet, Facebook but those are all virtual. Different in a large crowd. Glad I went.

by Anonymousreply 10December 18, 2019 12:01 PM

Best Christmas Ever!!!

by Anonymousreply 11December 18, 2019 12:03 PM

[quote]Glad I went.

So am I! I went to the protest in Times Square, NYC. It was a very nice crowd.

by Anonymousreply 12December 18, 2019 12:05 PM

Uh, oh, they are on to us!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 18, 2019 12:07 PM

R9: Yes, I CAN believe it, you depraved fat fuck.

by Anonymousreply 14December 18, 2019 12:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 18, 2019 12:10 PM

This comes as no surprise, being degraded is one of his favorite kinks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 18, 2019 12:17 PM

Unleash the Tweet Tantrum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 18, 2019 12:18 PM

Do I still get my money?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 18, 2019 12:22 PM

Who will want to put his name on their buildings anymore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 18, 2019 12:26 PM

[quote] Read the Transcripts.

We did. You’re guilty as sin, you fat fucking traitorous felon.

by Anonymousreply 20December 18, 2019 12:30 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 18, 2019 12:36 PM

Karma....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 18, 2019 12:38 PM

He is now asking his Twitter followers to say a prayer. LOL

How about I pray for a stroke, fallowed by a long slow decline.

by Anonymousreply 23December 18, 2019 12:41 PM

What a loser! Most Presidents at least make it to their second term before they get impeached. Armature.

by Anonymousreply 24December 18, 2019 12:47 PM

Trump's like a stubborn turd that takes several flushes to get down the toilet. This impeachment will finally get him down...to the sewer. There he'll still linger for another four years and bring the rest of us down with him.

by Anonymousreply 25December 18, 2019 12:49 PM

Geraldo Rivera @GeraldoRivera

Presidents have done horrible things: Trail of Tears; Extermination of Native Americans; ignoring Holocaust; dropping 2d A-bomb; Bay of Pigs; Gulf of Tonkin; Iraq & Afghan War lies killing tens of 1000's of civilians & 1000's of GI's. Yet,no Impeachment.But now? For a phone call?

Because #Acquittal of @realDonaldTrump is certain & not one single Republican will buy into this angry, cynical process, all that Democrats will have accomplished today is to make of #Impeachment-the Constitutional nuclear option-just another partisan tool-a #SuperFilibuster.

by Anonymousreply 26December 18, 2019 12:54 PM

Let's do this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 18, 2019 1:01 PM

Scott Dworkin ✔ @funder

.@realDonaldTrump-You can still stop your impeachment from happening. All you have to do is resign. And I bet if you tweeted out your resignation, it would be the most shared tweet of all time. Wouldn’t that be worth it? Think of all the retweets and likes. Do it. #ImpeachmentEve

27.7K 6:05 PM - Dec 17, 2019

by Anonymousreply 28December 18, 2019 1:03 PM

[quote]Republican will buy into this angry, cynical process, all that Democrats will have accomplished today is to make of #Impeachment-the Constitutional nuclear option-just another partisan tool-a #SuperFilibuster.

Thanks Geraldo. So in other words, we should just do nothing and let him steal the 2020 election too without at least putting up a red flag. That's about as smart as looking for gold in Al Capone's vault.

by Anonymousreply 29December 18, 2019 1:11 PM

R26.. GERALDO IS damn hack and a attention whore.. always has been, always will be.. for ANYONE to be friends with trump for decades something is wrong with them! END OF STORY!..

and all the examples he mentions? yes, some of them were bad, some of them benefited our country when taken into context! of course, the hack that he is, he just puts out the incidences without fully explaining (too many words for twitter?) the entirety of the circumstance (i.e. the 2 atomic bombs dropped in ww 2) , course nuance, equivalency are not exactly his strong points are there! and all if it is basically "whataboutism"!.

by Anonymousreply 30December 18, 2019 1:13 PM

What happens if he is impeached? Does he leave office? I don’t know what happens.

by Anonymousreply 31December 18, 2019 1:15 PM

[quote]it is a sad day for the nation. BUT, it's a celebratory one too!

Let's clap for that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 18, 2019 1:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 18, 2019 1:17 PM

R31, i guess it's kind of like " the house is saying he's guilty, this is our evidence,now senate as the jury you vote to convict or acquit and they'll acquit and that's that"..

however the impeachment will always remain on him, course the trumpers will say "yeah, and the acquittal too!"...

by Anonymousreply 34December 18, 2019 1:18 PM

Nope R31, unfortunately the next step is it goes to the House and they sort of have a trial and make a decision to remove him from office. Unfortunately it's controlled by the Republicans and they are being extremely unethical right now and only care about the party and not the Constitution. So nothing will happen and he can and will remain in office.

by Anonymousreply 35December 18, 2019 1:18 PM

CNN’s Jeffrey Toobin Doubts Network’s Own Poll: I Don’t Believe ‘For One Second’ Impeachment Support Falling Among Dems

As the poll showed that the number of Democrats who support impeachment had dropped from 90 percent to just 77 percent since last month, Toobin declared, “I don’t believe that poll for one second.”

After being asked which part he didn’t believe, he replied, “The 90 to 77 percent. I… You know, it’s just I don’t believe it, like it makes no sense that that number would change like that.”

“I get it, but life has shown us that polls are sometimes wrong, and David, that poll is wrong. Just because I said so, okay?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 18, 2019 1:19 PM

Sorry, I meant it goes from the House to the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 37December 18, 2019 1:19 PM

That's old news, Toobin is wrong. A new poll came out today that blows away his argument.

by Anonymousreply 38December 18, 2019 1:20 PM

There is one more option I read about, although unlikely they will do it. But what they could do is complain that the Senate is not going to be a fair trial without witnesses and stall sending over the impeachment to them until they come to an agreement. In theory they could stall until the election. Which means he would never be able to brag he was acquitted by the time he leaves office. Assuming he dose not get re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 39December 18, 2019 1:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 18, 2019 1:45 PM

It's a moot point whether people support impeachment or not, because it's happening. The conviction won't happen, though, which may be why people are cooling on the idea of impeachment.

Not to mention that many people think impeachment IS conviction, and polls are conflating them as well, which I'm sure affects results. It was probably the 90% approval among Dems that was off in the first place, not the 77% approval the poll showed yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 41December 18, 2019 2:08 PM

[quote]The conviction won't happen, though, which may be why people are cooling on the idea of impeachment.

People might be cooling because all of this has worn people. Trump has been a mess since day one. Every single day was something. People are tired.

by Anonymousreply 42December 18, 2019 2:22 PM

If Trump loses in Nov. 2020. The House should send the Articles to the Senate then. It really won’t matter because the fucker will be leaving office anyway, but it’ll be double the torcher.

by Anonymousreply 43December 18, 2019 2:29 PM

This impeachment will guarantee Trumps re-election

by Anonymousreply 44December 18, 2019 3:04 PM

Labour gifted Boris Johnson his ‘Brexit election’. We can’t be so inept again. Will the Dems follow? Failure to impeach after Trump's monstrous acts will surely result in defeat in 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 18, 2019 3:05 PM

Goodness, you rectum-faced trog, yesterday you didn't want any prayers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 18, 2019 3:08 PM

^Apples and oranges, R45. From my understanding, Corbyn was so disliked and distatsteful, that it was this issue which gave Boris Johnson the election. Now, a possibility similar to that "could" happen here. But, I doubt it. If, for example..., Elizabeth Warren becomes the nominee. The consensus at this time is that she is too far left. However, many might still vote for her because they feel that Congress would keep her in check

by Anonymousreply 47December 18, 2019 3:12 PM

All this official shit is exhausting. Bipartisan madness. Take the fucking vote already!

by Anonymousreply 48December 18, 2019 3:14 PM

After today Trump will forever seethe because . . .

Obama got the Nobel Prize

and all he got was Impeached.

by Anonymousreply 49December 18, 2019 3:29 PM

What was the Dems basing their hopes on?

"For a time, House Democrats had hoped that the vote in the GOP-controlled Senate would not be a foregone conclusion in the president’s favor. There was some optimism that moderate Republicans might vote to convict Trump after a trial—"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 18, 2019 3:44 PM

😡 "AND I DID NOTHING WRONG! " (DJT)

😂😂😂 And "I Am Not A Crook! "

by Anonymousreply 51December 18, 2019 3:53 PM

Fuk you libtards... It'll only make us kiss his fat orange ass more! TRUMP 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 18, 2019 4:22 PM

Collins is yelling again, what an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 53December 18, 2019 4:26 PM

'This impeachment will guarantee Trumps re-election "

Well, we'll have to get busy, won't we. Trump has approximately 10 months or so to keep on being Trump. It's not like he'll be acquitted by the Senate and then decide to be a competent president. He's only going to get weirder and more dangerous and Democrats and independents have to make sure to get out the vote.

Oh, and avoid the Republicans illegal and dirty campaign tricks.

by Anonymousreply 54December 18, 2019 4:37 PM

I mute the TV every time a Repuke gets up to speak. They are only spouting the same lies, falsehoods, and half-truths that they have been peddling for weeks.

by Anonymousreply 55December 18, 2019 4:39 PM

[quote]This impeachment will guarantee Trumps re-election

Strangely I'm seeing some Bernie supporters on social media saying this. "He'll get away with everything and be reelected in 2020 because of the impeachment and it's all Nancy's fault." I don't understand it and no explanation from these guys has made any sense.

by Anonymousreply 56December 18, 2019 4:45 PM

'This impeachment will guarantee Trumps re-election "

With our current attention spans, no one will actually remember impeachment happened by November.

by Anonymousreply 57December 18, 2019 4:45 PM

SUCH ATROCIOUS LIES BY THE RADICAL LEFT, DO NOTHING DEMOCRATS. THIS IS AN ASSAULT ON AMERICA, AND AN ASSAULT ON THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!!!!

(Remember; He said he wasn't going to watch)

by Anonymousreply 58December 18, 2019 4:47 PM

R1 Impeachment, the process and vote, is exactly "indictment." The trial, after the indictment, is what will happen in the Senate.

I don't find any happiness in this day. It's extremely disturbing that we have a President who lies so relentlessly, speaks with such vulgarity - and frankly demonstrates questionable mental health, witness his 6 page rant to Pelosi yesterday. And it's even more disturbing how Republicans do nothing but defend him in all these aberrant behaviors. It's their response to him that is the danger to our democracy. This is COMPLETELY different from a discussion of his policy and politics. That will be addressed in the 2020 election.

It's a sad day, truly. But he must be impeached.

by Anonymousreply 59December 18, 2019 4:49 PM

Traitor in Chief is watching and losing it. Haha.

Damn, this must hurt. He won't be remembered for his great economy or anything else. Only as the third president to be impeached.

by Anonymousreply 60December 18, 2019 4:50 PM

OH! Look at Miss Nancy's dress! LOVE IT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 18, 2019 4:54 PM

GORGEOUS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 18, 2019 4:57 PM

And, in other news:

Republican Sen. Susan Collins announces reelection bid in closely watched race

Washington (CNN)Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine announced her reelection bid on Wednesday, formally kicking off a race that will be among the most closely watched of the 2020 season.

It was expected that Collins would run for reelection, but as one of two Republican senators up for reelection who represent states that Hillary Clinton won in the 2016 presidential election -- Sen. Cory Gardner of Colorado is the other -- she is uniquely vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 63December 18, 2019 4:59 PM

Today's Gallup:

A Gallup poll published on Wednesday placed President Donald Trump’s approval rating at 45 percent– just one point off of his all-time high approval rating.

Using data taken from December 2 to December 15, the poll showed considerable support for President Trump and a drop in support for impeachment.

“46% support impeachment and removal, down six percentage points from the first reading after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the impeachment inquiry,” Gallup revealed. “Meanwhile, 51% oppose impeachment and removal — up five percentage points over the same period.”

In comparison, a Gallup poll from December 19 2011 showed former President Barack Obama’s approval rating to be 43 percent– two percent less than President Trump’s.

“Approval of the president’s performance remains high among Republicans (89%) and low among Democrats (8%). Less than half of political independents approve, but the current 42% is up from 34% at the start of the impeachment hearings and matches their highest rating of Trump so far,”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 18, 2019 5:01 PM

Nancy is dressed in black like executioner.

by Anonymousreply 65December 18, 2019 5:02 PM

Trump has been calling GOP lawmakers over the last day ranting about impeachment From CNN's Manu Raju

Multiple GOP sources say President Trump has been ranting about impeachment in phone calls with GOP members over the last couple days and nights.

Much like we have seen in his letter and his tweets, GOP sources say Trump is furious and is expressing his fury to his allies as well.

by Anonymousreply 66December 18, 2019 5:08 PM

I feel like I’m living in some alternate reality, with these Rethugs rebuking the impeachment and flat out LYING about the facts. And now apparently Trumps approval rating is going UP?? WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING???! How can so many people be so FUCKING STUPID AND GULLIBLE?

by Anonymousreply 67December 18, 2019 5:26 PM

Bunp

by Anonymousreply 68December 18, 2019 5:45 PM

Burp

by Anonymousreply 69December 18, 2019 5:46 PM

Is this the official impeachment thread?

by Anonymousreply 70December 18, 2019 5:47 PM

Andy Campbell @AndyBCampbell

Rep. Steve King, an open white supremacist who was stripped of his committee assignments for being so, is currently on the house floor defending the president on impeachment day. What a time to be alive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 18, 2019 6:04 PM

R55 It's painful to listen to them. How they can walk into a room with a mirror is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 72December 18, 2019 6:06 PM

Repugs are jumping the shark.

by Anonymousreply 73December 18, 2019 6:06 PM

R72, vampires can’t see themselves in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 74December 18, 2019 6:09 PM

JESUS?

by Anonymousreply 75December 18, 2019 6:12 PM

Every single one of these republicans is EVIL!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 76December 18, 2019 6:14 PM

Fake hoax! I wasn’t impeached! I wasn’t impeached! No bipartisan, no impeachment! Read the Constitution! No bipartisan, no impeachment! Didn’t happen! It’s in the Constitution! Fake hoax! No bipartisan, no impeachment!

by Anonymousreply 77December 18, 2019 6:15 PM

How long will this go on? Will they even finish today?

by Anonymousreply 78December 18, 2019 6:16 PM

NOUN VERB SHART IMPEACHMENT SUDAFED IMPEACHMENT

by Anonymousreply 79December 18, 2019 6:17 PM

The Republican senators from the south are ultra deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 80December 18, 2019 6:18 PM

OP you bitch, dont jinx this by pre announcing this whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 81December 18, 2019 6:20 PM

R78, the debate has a time limit. I think there are about 4 more hours of debate left. I think they expect the final votes to be held around 6:30 to 7:30 ET. That's assuming the Repugs don't keep throwing up obstacles.

by Anonymousreply 82December 18, 2019 6:20 PM

roger harvey @xorogerharvey: Pretty sure @RepLoudermilk just said we can’t impeach the president because of Christmas & Jesus

🍂 Gillian Brockell 🍂 @gbrockell: Someone please ask Rep. Barry Loudermilk if he knows how the trial of Jesus ended. "Pontius Pilate afforded more rights to Jesus than the Democrats have afforded this president and this process."

John Fea @JohnFea1: Oh no, no, no, no! Jesus just got invoked by a Republican representative. Pontius Pilate gave more right to Jesus than the House gave to Trump. #impeachment

Kathleen Smith @KikkiPlanet: Oh my god. Some GOP fanatic just compared Trump to Jesus and good Zeus almighty peak friggen wacky happening. #ImpeachmentDay

Erin O'Brien @Prof_EOB: I thought I had heard it all and, then, the Republican member said that President Trump has been treated less fairly than Jesus. #impeachment

Jeff Parker @jeffparkersound: A sitting member of congress just compared Trump to Jesus during an impeachment hearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83December 18, 2019 6:20 PM

Rep. Barry Loudermilk (Deplorable-GA):

"When Jesus was falsely accused of Treason, Pontius Pilate gave Jesus the opportunity to face his accusers. During that sham trial, Pontius Pilate afforded more rights to Jesus, than Democrats have afforded this president in this process."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 18, 2019 6:24 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 85December 18, 2019 6:27 PM

[quote]The Republican senators from the south are ultra deplorable.

They defend someone who says they sound "retarded" with their accents

by Anonymousreply 86December 18, 2019 6:28 PM

BTW, I think you meant reps, not senators

by Anonymousreply 87December 18, 2019 6:29 PM

Rep. Barry Loudermilk (Deplorable-GA)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 18, 2019 6:30 PM

Here is Lesko's opponent next time 'round.

Donate to Michael Muscato, you thirsty bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 18, 2019 6:32 PM

Jesus was articulate, slim, hairy, and hot. All of which Trump is not.

So, no comparison.

by Anonymousreply 90December 18, 2019 6:33 PM

These Republicans are repugnant

by Anonymousreply 91December 18, 2019 6:41 PM

NBC:

Trump, White House fume as House debates impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 18, 2019 6:43 PM

These asshole Republicans keep saying "Ukraine got the money" like that means no crime was committed. Seriously, I won't be satisfied with anything less than every one of them dropping dead. Are they genuinely this stupid or plain evil? What a nasty group of dickheads.

by Anonymousreply 93December 18, 2019 6:46 PM

[quote]These asshole Republicans keep saying "Ukraine got the money" like that means no crime was committed.

"I GAVE THE COMIC BOOK BACK TO THE STORE MANAGER"

by Anonymousreply 94December 18, 2019 6:48 PM

I had to mute my television; if I hear one more hillbilly Repig screaming about how Dump's being impeached simply because the Dems are a bunch of "haters", I may punch a hole through the screen.

by Anonymousreply 95December 18, 2019 6:57 PM

[quote]if I hear one more hillbilly Repig screaming about how Dump's being impeached simply because the Dems are a bunch of "haters",

This is what bothers me about the Dems. How come they're not calling Republicans traitors and other applicable names. I'm so sick of Dems always playing the "nice" guys.

by Anonymousreply 96December 18, 2019 7:00 PM

"Waaah! The mean ol' Dems don't like Trump!" They all sound as stupidly petty as their Dear Leader Cry baby.

by Anonymousreply 97December 18, 2019 7:03 PM

[quote]This impeachment will guarantee Trumps re-election

Shut up, Boris. Either we defend this republic, or we lose it. It's that simple.

by Anonymousreply 98December 18, 2019 7:04 PM

Dems just suck at messaging. I mean you see that dumb hick from LA trot out a red map acting like "look at all them thar Reeepublicans" and you don't immediately say "Idiot, land doesn't vote."

The best comment I saw on Twitter about that dumb stunt:

[quote]𝒞𝒽𝓁𝑜𝑒 𝒞𝓁𝒶𝓊𝓈 @snarkgrapefruit1h1 hour agoSo far my favorite part of the impeachment debate was when Clay Higgins brought in a map of cellular service in the US

by Anonymousreply 99December 18, 2019 7:05 PM

Nadler sounds too wimpy, and is an ineffective speaker! Where's Schiff?!

by Anonymousreply 100December 18, 2019 7:11 PM

R100, was thinking the same and said it during the committee. Sick of him.

by Anonymousreply 101December 18, 2019 7:14 PM

R100 R101 I disagree. He just speaks to the point. Sometimes Schiff just gets too self-righteous and dramatic. I've been surprised at Nadler's "performance."

by Anonymousreply 102December 18, 2019 7:21 PM

R102, but it doesn't sound passionate enough in delivery. It's like he's reading a book report which makes Trump's crimes sound innocuous.

by Anonymousreply 103December 18, 2019 7:23 PM

all you hear OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again are the republicans deflecting, boo hoo, it's not fair, it's unfair, the duly elected president, the american people, dems wanted to impeach him before he took office, it was all a plan, it's only 2nd hand knowledge, (you know never mind, the so called first hand knowledge people were ordered to not testify of course), ukraine got the money anyway, and so on and so on..

NOT ONCE NOT ONCE DO THEY EVER attack the facts, the information out there and sworn oath testimony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some idiot rep. neal dunn from florida is saying as i type this how testimonies and interviews were all secretive (that's a outright lie), and that instead of doing work the dems are doing impeachment (you know never mind the dems doing all the work, creating and passing bills in the house)...

are the repubs TRULY this stupid or TRULY this evil or both?...

by Anonymousreply 104December 18, 2019 7:30 PM

Does Nancy get the follow word? I hope she does and I hope she makes it count.

by Anonymousreply 105December 18, 2019 7:32 PM

[quote] R8: All DLers, no matter Blue State or Red State, should contact your Senators and let them know how you would like them to vote. ASAP!

Years ago, when Dan Rather was at CBS, and had his dust-up with George Bush I, I called CBS to express my opinion. The phone rep sounded overwhelmed as he tallied my support for Rather. Then I said “one more thing”, I heard a sigh on the line. He said “Yes”. I said, referring to another reporter who just appeared on the newscast, “Tell Allen Pizzey that a plaid tie doesn’t go with a striped shirt”. The rep laughed. It looked like Ian had borrowed a tie on an unexpectedly breaking news day.

by Anonymousreply 106December 18, 2019 7:32 PM

It's Republicans like Hurd, who truly know better, who are the villains of this whole process. What possible motive does he really have for co-signing Trump's BS.

by Anonymousreply 107December 18, 2019 7:36 PM

R107, the fact that he's outgoing makes it all the more despicable. I haven't paid attention, is he becoming a lobbyist or something like that? That could be the only excuse for him having no self-respect or dignity. It has to be greed.

by Anonymousreply 108December 18, 2019 7:38 PM

Wait, was Loudermilk talking about Jesus Christ or Jesús from the hood. Cause they bribed the Christ guy's friend to give him up and then dragged him through the streets wearing thorns and the cross they eventually nailed him to and all without a trial.

by Anonymousreply 109December 18, 2019 7:38 PM

The Republicunts wanted 12 hours of "debate" and whined when they didn't get it. Anything to push the vote into the dead of night--again.

by Anonymousreply 110December 18, 2019 7:39 PM

Texas should be embarrassed by Ghomert.

by Anonymousreply 111December 18, 2019 7:39 PM

In a thirsty bid to one-up Loudermilk, Rep. Mike Kelly of Pennsylvania compares today with Pearl Harbor:

[quote]December is such a great month, there are so many great dates in December, we talk about wonderful things that have happened in Decembers in the past. In addition to Christmas being something we celebrate, the Boston Tea Party took place in December but also December 7, 1941, a horrific act happened in the United States, it's when President Roosevelt said, "This is a date that will live in infamy.”

[quote]Today, December 18, 2019, is another date that will live in infamy. When just because you hate the President of the United States, and you can find no other reason other than the fact that you're so blinded by your hate that you can't see straight so you've decided the only way to make sure this president doesn't get elected again is to impeach him.

by Anonymousreply 112December 18, 2019 7:44 PM

rep. from indiana just stated, there was no crime, no quid pro quo, nothing!

rep. from some other state LITERALLY compared december 7, 1941 "the day of infamy" as today being another "day of infamy"!...

pearl harbor the start of the u.s involvement in world war 2 and thousands dying that day is the same level of trump being impeached today!

IS HE INSANE??!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REP. hern from oklahoma says there are no facts and all he has learned that if you hate someone it's enough! and that all of his constituents (like they know how to spell the word in oklahoma!) are calling him angry that this is going on!

by Anonymousreply 113December 18, 2019 7:48 PM

Yes! Adam Schiff in the house!

by Anonymousreply 114December 18, 2019 7:54 PM

Democracy is so tiresome and we are so tired of it.

by Anonymousreply 115December 18, 2019 7:55 PM

[quote] R26: Geraldo R.: Presidents have done horrible things...

This is just an example of whataboutism. It doesn’t matter “what about” anyone else, and what they ever allegedly did. We can’t address these other issues and they are beside the point. We are addressing the President right now. Not Attila the Hun.

Perhaps we should get to expelling McConnell from the Senate, but that’s not for now. That’s for later.

by Anonymousreply 116December 18, 2019 7:55 PM

Minority opinion, I just think Schiff sounds too partisan, the exact example of the Republican argument "you wanted to impeach him because of who he is and what you feel about him, not for what he did."

by Anonymousreply 117December 18, 2019 7:57 PM

Nancy should get on TV Sunday night for 10 minutes. Explain this from the beginning, briefly, in [/italic] very [/italic] simple terms.

Explain why Trump had no right to hold-up the money.

Explain that Ukraine is a democratic ally, and how this hurts us, including our reputation for integrity and keeping our word and why that is important.

Explain that quid-pro-quo, bribery, and extortion refer to the same crime in this context, and explain the crime.

Also that Trump did violate the law but can’t be charged as President, but that impeachment doesn’t require criminal acts, as the President has a sacred trust and is held to that standard.

Etc.

She needs to go on TV. Maybe back to back with Adam and Jerry.

by Anonymousreply 118December 18, 2019 8:06 PM

Rep. Jason Smith -- Alan Sues lives!

by Anonymousreply 119December 18, 2019 8:09 PM

A moment of silence for Trump voters? These people have no shame.

by Anonymousreply 120December 18, 2019 8:15 PM

Ha! Another Jesus reference;

"Father, please forgive them because they know not what they have done."

by Anonymousreply 121December 18, 2019 8:20 PM

I've been watching CSPAN all day. I'm tired of all these Democrats saying "oh, it's with a heavy heart..." "Oh, I have been left no other choice..." "What a SOMBER day~!!!"

Gimme a break. Who do they think they're fooling? No acting awards for these bitches.

by Anonymousreply 122December 18, 2019 8:22 PM

[quote]Gimme a break. Who do they think they're fooling?

Shhh... the champagne is in the back. Go and get some but be quiet!

by Anonymousreply 123December 18, 2019 8:24 PM

This Cult of Trump is a fucking nightmare.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 18, 2019 8:25 PM

When will the dems learn to use the media effectively? Nevah!

by Anonymousreply 125December 18, 2019 8:30 PM

a moment of silence? Is that supposed to be ironic? For the orange cheeto who screams all the time at the top of his lungs? Really?

by Anonymousreply 126December 18, 2019 8:31 PM

Michael Steele @MichaelSteele: Ok Trump's impeachment has just been compared to the trial of Jesus--yeah, that one. I'm going to have another gin & tonic now. A little less tonic this time. #impeachment #GOPCrazy

(((DeanObeidallah))) @DeanObeidallah: To sum up the GOP has called the Constitutional process of impeachment as bad as Pearl Harbor attack (where nearly 3,000 Americans were killed), said Trump was like Jesus and spewed Russian propaganda. And that was all to defend their savior Donald Trump. #TrumpImpeachment

by Anonymousreply 127December 18, 2019 8:31 PM

[quote]Minority opinion, I just think Schiff sounds too partisan, the exact example of the Republican argument "you wanted to impeach him because of who he is and what you feel about him, not for what he did."

I agree. And that smooth voice of his sounds so smarmy. The weird bug-eyed blank stare expression doesn't help either.

Nadler is so much better. No nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 128December 18, 2019 8:32 PM

R122 I suppose. I do know that I am lifelong democrat, a socialist, an opponent of everything Trump represents... and I am very, very sad that this day is happening. That our democracy is in crisis. It's not an act.

by Anonymousreply 129December 18, 2019 8:32 PM

It's OK R129 to feel happy that your representatives are doing everything in their power to save this union. That IS worth celebrating. Dont feel guilty about feeling good.

by Anonymousreply 130December 18, 2019 8:42 PM

If Republicans are more affluent (and they are), these members certainly aren't better dressers. Some really horrible clothes.

by Anonymousreply 131December 18, 2019 8:43 PM

Greg Steube's (R-FL) blue vest with charcoal gray suit is an ABOMINATION and his outfit needs to be burned!!!

by Anonymousreply 132December 18, 2019 8:45 PM

Creatives are usually Democrats R131, makes perfect sense that Repugs dress like shit. They dont really value creativity, or class only money.

by Anonymousreply 133December 18, 2019 8:46 PM

R130 Oh, I am grateful for the 2018 election (the only reason this is happening today). I am grateful that Democratic representatives are doing this - with courage, and for the most part with dignity. I am not happy that a President who behaves in this way, without any shame nor apparent respect for norms and our constitution, needs to have a congressional impeachment. I am even less happy that there is NOT ONE Republican who sees it as his/her duty to acknowledge there is even a problem. That's fucking sad.

by Anonymousreply 134December 18, 2019 8:47 PM

R128 wend Shiff talks i like he makes like complete sentences like he uses all that correct grammar crap yall tought me for i dropped out of fuking high school like when he says all that crap about laws an the cuntitoshon hes just got Shiff for brains haha funny Shiff like instead of shit..R128 gets it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 18, 2019 8:54 PM

I think not R133

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 18, 2019 8:57 PM

What part of USUALLY do you not understand R136? Your post just show simplistic mental abilities.

by Anonymousreply 137December 18, 2019 9:01 PM

Schiff always looks like he’s taking a great big one up his ass. Love those weird bug eyes.

by Anonymousreply 138December 18, 2019 9:09 PM

I think Trump is the one always on the crapper R138. You cant just Tweet over 120 lines any other room without being caught. In fact I would call the crapper Donald Trumps real Oval Office.

by Anonymousreply 139December 18, 2019 9:15 PM

Did I miss Gym Jordan? The fucker Matt Gaetz thankfully only had 1 min.

I like Schiff, he doesn't let the repugs get away with their bs and corrects them all the time. He is calm, articulate and on top of things. Nadler always seems confused.

So far not 1 repub will vote for impeachment, right?

by Anonymousreply 140December 18, 2019 9:15 PM

Are we getting close to the finale?

by Anonymousreply 141December 18, 2019 9:22 PM

[quote]rep. from indiana just stated, there was no crime, no quid pro quo, nothing!

It's not a lie if you believe it.

by Anonymousreply 142December 18, 2019 9:26 PM

[quote] R120: A moment of silence for Trump voters? These people have no shame.

Yeah, and someone quoted some biblical quote that also seemed inappropriate. Like Trump was a crucified Christ. I forget which verse he used.

by Anonymousreply 143December 18, 2019 9:33 PM

[quote]I had to mute my television; if I hear one more hillbilly Repig screaming about how Dump's being impeached simply because the Dems are a bunch of "haters", I may punch a hole through the screen

I think I only heard two or three Reps, and the rest I've muted. The moment I hear "Gentleman from GA." I mute. You can write their bullshit for them.

by Anonymousreply 144December 18, 2019 9:34 PM

R143:

“So I want Democrats voting for impeachment today to know that I’ll be praying for them. From the Gospel of Luke, the 23rd chapter, verse 34: And Jesus said, ‘Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.’ ”

by Anonymousreply 145December 18, 2019 9:35 PM

R144, Same here. All that screaming and screeching is unwatchable, which I’m sure is why they’re doing it. I’m listening to Christmas music and looking at twitter and DL.

by Anonymousreply 146December 18, 2019 9:36 PM

JUST FUCKING VOTE FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

by Anonymousreply 147December 18, 2019 9:39 PM

Exactly, R145. It’s really blasphemy. The original quote referred to the crucifixion of Christ. Trump is hardly that.

by Anonymousreply 148December 18, 2019 9:42 PM

Why is the Baron Harkonnen sitting with the Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 149December 18, 2019 9:43 PM

The majority of Americans want Trump out. The Republicans keep saying the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 150December 18, 2019 9:44 PM

It's so disappointing though that not one Repug is at least a bit concerned about Trump's conduct. They all repeat the same lies of no evidence, no crime etc. Even if they vote against impeachment, they could at least send Trump a message that this behavior is not acceptable for an American President.

by Anonymousreply 151December 18, 2019 9:45 PM

Mother Maxine has entered the chamber!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152December 18, 2019 9:46 PM

NO CREDIBILITY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153December 18, 2019 9:51 PM

Better yet, 2019 is the year Trump gets impeached and Greta Time person of the year. #greta

notfaketimecover

by Anonymousreply 154December 18, 2019 9:53 PM

LOL at the meme someone posted below Loudermilk's (and I can't believe that's a name!) tweet :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 18, 2019 10:02 PM

I can’t believe this shit has been dragging on ALL DAY. These morons (on both sides) just keep saying the same shit over and over and OVER.

Take a shot every time someone says ‘sham.” You’ll be unconscious in no time.

by Anonymousreply 156December 18, 2019 10:10 PM

^Just now another "sham".....take a shot r156

by Anonymousreply 157December 18, 2019 10:14 PM

Four shams in a row. Drink up, R156. 😂

by Anonymousreply 158December 18, 2019 10:21 PM

R157 Wow, there were four "shams" within 20 seconds. The Right Wing has always been so disciplined about their talking points.

by Anonymousreply 159December 18, 2019 10:21 PM

4 "shams" and a "shameful sham". Double shot for r156.

by Anonymousreply 160December 18, 2019 10:23 PM

I had to take a call, was there a moron Rep who just stood there silently? I just read that. LOL! God, what petulant, stunt queens!

by Anonymousreply 161December 18, 2019 10:24 PM

Schiff did a great job battling back at the Repukes.

Of course, Cornpone Collins would have none of it. So he sped through his usual word salad of nonsense to slam Adam.

by Anonymousreply 162December 18, 2019 10:26 PM

R161 There were two "silent periods".... both pretty corny. The Republicans and angry, rude, riling up the victimhood complex of their base... I guess all that shit works. But damn, no elegance nor wit in their rhetoric... Republicans really have become the fast-food outlet of political ideas and speech. I remember reading how Trump's number of poly-syllabic words were like a 9 year old.

by Anonymousreply 163December 18, 2019 10:29 PM

I love when Schiff says "we reserve time" because we know he's coming for these half-wits.

by Anonymousreply 164December 18, 2019 10:29 PM

R164 Actually he's spoken so much, that the Repubs had more time left, so he's making sure there is equal time at the end.

by Anonymousreply 165December 18, 2019 10:31 PM

Stop the yelling. I have a headache now.

by Anonymousreply 166December 18, 2019 10:32 PM

R166, they yell to shout down the facts.

by Anonymousreply 167December 18, 2019 10:33 PM

What Republicans have done is manage their time so that they can have these long speeches during prime time. I think Schiff is managing the Dems time so that HE can have enough to rebut all of the Republican BS himself.

by Anonymousreply 168December 18, 2019 10:33 PM

R165, I only saw him speak once. I missed about two hours because I had to leave.

by Anonymousreply 169December 18, 2019 10:34 PM

Are they still going to vote today?

by Anonymousreply 170December 18, 2019 10:35 PM

[quote]What Republicans have done is manage their time so that they can have these long speeches during prime time. I think Schiff is managing the Dems time so that HE can have enough to rebut all of the Republican BS himself.

That's fine by me. I mean does anyone even absorb what the Reps say? It's middle-aged/old white guys mostly with southern accents giving repetitive soundbites about "persecution" and nonsense about "the voters." They seem to accept that only simpletons vote for them.

by Anonymousreply 171December 18, 2019 10:39 PM

He'll be impeached today. The Senate's trial in the New Year will not remove him from office.

But he has been damaged, no question. If nothing else, his *brand* has been damaged, which says a lot about Trump. And Impeachment is eternal (for historians).

Let's hope the voters are listening.

by Anonymousreply 172December 18, 2019 10:39 PM

Anybody know what time the voting will take place?

by Anonymousreply 173December 18, 2019 10:41 PM

At least scummy Jordan wore a coat. It's a special day

by Anonymousreply 174December 18, 2019 10:41 PM

OMG that douchebag Gym Jordan had to put on a jacket!!!

by Anonymousreply 175December 18, 2019 10:41 PM

[quote]That's fine by me. I mean does anyone even absorb what the Reps say?

FOX needs the sound bites.

[quote]Anybody know what time the voting will take place?

Maybe 8:00PM

by Anonymousreply 176December 18, 2019 10:42 PM

M U T E

by Anonymousreply 177December 18, 2019 10:43 PM

[quote]FOX needs the sound bites.

They know their audience has a short attention span to go along with the low IQ.

by Anonymousreply 178December 18, 2019 10:44 PM

I hope no more Gym in the Senate, right?

by Anonymousreply 179December 18, 2019 10:44 PM

Meh, both sides are so political and disingenuous. The national Libertarian Party supports impeachment and Justin Amash is voting for impeachment but I don't care. It seems like an overreach. It will probably help Trump in the end.

by Anonymousreply 180December 18, 2019 10:47 PM

I feel relief at this. Trump is impeached. He's about to be impeached. Of course the Republican Senate won't do the right thing, but we did. One party stood up for what is right and legal and good. His white power hoedown should be especially nuts this evening.

by Anonymousreply 181December 18, 2019 10:47 PM

R179, it'll be far worse listening to Miss Lindsey and her drama "FIE!" is coming

by Anonymousreply 182December 18, 2019 10:47 PM

It occurred to me the sinister picture of devious "coup" attempts in their depiction of democrats actually is exactly what the Republicans would do in the same place.

by Anonymousreply 183December 18, 2019 10:48 PM

[quote]It seems like an overreach.

No, it fucking isn't. Doing it over a BJ lie IS overreach - and I say that as someone who hates Bill Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 184December 18, 2019 10:49 PM

Clinton's impeachment was an overreach too.

by Anonymousreply 185December 18, 2019 10:54 PM

Dear LibertarianTroll: Your name is redundant.

by Anonymousreply 186December 18, 2019 10:58 PM

Ugh, Uday Cheney

by Anonymousreply 187December 18, 2019 11:00 PM

4 min for Cheney? Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 188December 18, 2019 11:02 PM

This is NOT an overreach. The fact that tRump sent Rudy back over to Europe to dig up dirt on Biden is evidence enough that impeachment is the right course of action to take.

by Anonymousreply 189December 18, 2019 11:02 PM

Everyone gets to be quoted in a hometown paper. It doesn’t matter how many other people said the same thing. Very few people are watching this whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 190December 18, 2019 11:07 PM

Trump is trolling the Dems by sending Rudy to Europe.

by Anonymousreply 191December 18, 2019 11:09 PM

Scalise is a fucking drama queen and screamer.

by Anonymousreply 192December 18, 2019 11:18 PM

OH! Now, it's time for all of the theatrics.

by Anonymousreply 193December 18, 2019 11:21 PM

R191 And in your "refreshingly independent perspective", how do you feel about that? (Something tells me you love it. Something tells me you are not that independent.)

by Anonymousreply 194December 18, 2019 11:24 PM

Well, Hoyer does have that old school "gravitas", eh?

by Anonymousreply 195December 18, 2019 11:25 PM

I thought he was only speaking for 3 minutes? Is this the final speech for Democrats?

by Anonymousreply 196December 18, 2019 11:36 PM

Republicans yelling is the equivalent of a shiny object - they know their dumb audience

by Anonymousreply 197December 18, 2019 11:37 PM

Christ, I unmute and I regret it. Why do I like punching myself in the face?

STFU, you dram queen hick.

by Anonymousreply 198December 18, 2019 11:41 PM

After Hoyer's poetry, Collins' think-tank hoodwink yelling is pretty thin.

by Anonymousreply 199December 18, 2019 11:41 PM

Steven Dennis @StevenTDennis: Steny Hoyer noting he's been in the House for 38 years. That's ~1/6th of the length of time the Constitution has been in effect.

Jason Johnson @DrJasonJohnson: Steny Hoyer seems like the FIRST Democrat to point out that Trump LOST the popular vote. Quit allowing Republicans to say impeachment overturns the popular will, The majority of America didn't want him as president #ImpeachmentDay

by Anonymousreply 200December 18, 2019 11:43 PM

How can any Republican have listened to Hoyer and now this idiocy from Collins, thinking it is an equivalent or better response? It's all conjecture. Garbage.

by Anonymousreply 201December 18, 2019 11:44 PM

After that rousing performance, Rep. Doug Collins is now on his way home to shotgun a few tall boys and beat his wife.

by Anonymousreply 202December 18, 2019 11:47 PM

So the Repugs have stacked the room with Deplorables it seems. They did this same shit when the stopped the vote count with Al Gore with their fake Brooks Brother riot to make it seem like that's what the people wanted. Fake outrage. They really are nasty fucks.

by Anonymousreply 203December 18, 2019 11:48 PM

It was like watching the Karate Kid and Collins is that idiot who screams "Yeah, Johnny! Put him in a body bag!" Such a fucking douchebag.

How do these idiots still claim white superiority with this jarring stupidity? God and McCarthy telling everyone "You're ruining Christmas!" Fucking. Idiots. To DLers who vote GOP, you're so embarrassingly stupid. You just are. Accept it. The Dems have huge problems, but christ almighty are you stupid if you think "both sides" are the same.

by Anonymousreply 204December 18, 2019 11:50 PM

Did Stefanik speak?

by Anonymousreply 205December 18, 2019 11:50 PM

[quote]So the Repugs have stacked the room with Deplorables it seems.

I don't think that it is anymore stacked than what Democrats have done. Here's the difference (in my opinion), the Democrats come across as sincere whereas the Republicans come across as staged.

by Anonymousreply 206December 18, 2019 11:51 PM

R195, yeah I had the same thought. It's like he's from another time. Quoting Margaret Chase Smith.

by Anonymousreply 207December 18, 2019 11:51 PM

"When just because you hate the President of the United States, and you can find no other reason other than the fact that you're so blinded by your hate that you can't see straight so you've decided the only way to make sure this president doesn't get elected again is to impeach him."

Well there is that. But there are a couple of other reasons.

by Anonymousreply 208December 18, 2019 11:51 PM

Professional disinformation troll central here. Be aware and read very carefully.

by Anonymousreply 209December 18, 2019 11:51 PM

All trolls are not libertarian. But ALL libertarians are trolls.

Ayn Rand only rubbed off on the basement types anyway. Normal people could brush it off as propaganda. And smart people had the sense to avoid it altogether.

by Anonymousreply 210December 18, 2019 11:53 PM

R208, they're projecting. They did EVERYTHING to take Obama out. McConnell made that crystal fucking clear. What a garbage party the GOP is.

by Anonymousreply 211December 18, 2019 11:55 PM

But ya are, Blanche! Ya are a Deplorable!

by Anonymousreply 212December 18, 2019 11:57 PM

LOL:

Chuck Ross ‏Verified account @ChuckRossDC 1m1 minute ago

Kevin McCarthy just said they're holding the impeachment vote "hours before Christmas" and I haven't even started my shopping. #ImpeachmentDay

by Anonymousreply 213December 18, 2019 11:58 PM

It says everything about the current GOP that these guys featured tonight are their best and brightest.

by Anonymousreply 214December 18, 2019 11:59 PM

R207 It makes me sad... I am a socialist democrat, but thinking about "President Henry Cabot Lodge".... or "President Rockefeller"... hell, even "President Goldwater".... these Republicans don't have a smidgen of the DNA of the old school Republicans. Falangists, third world dictatorship malingerers, oligarch-ass kissers... wrestling arena, reality TV, con-artists. Margaret Chase Smith is spinning like a top in her grave.

by Anonymousreply 215December 18, 2019 11:59 PM

Indeed, r214.

by Anonymousreply 216December 19, 2019 12:00 AM

Come on, Adam! BRING IT HOME!!!

by Anonymousreply 217December 19, 2019 12:03 AM

Has anyone else noticed that Mr. Schiff never speaks from notes? He has it all memorized. Or, maybe he uses a teleprompter.

by Anonymousreply 218December 19, 2019 12:05 AM

Schiff is heroic.

by Anonymousreply 219December 19, 2019 12:05 AM

And the GOP dog pound gets to yell unlike the Dems who allowed that moron McCarthy to speak uninterrupted.

by Anonymousreply 220December 19, 2019 12:05 AM

There's no teleprompter

by Anonymousreply 221December 19, 2019 12:06 AM

The GOP went down the toilet when the Tea Party entered it.

by Anonymousreply 222December 19, 2019 12:08 AM

[quote]It says everything about the current GOP that these guys featured tonight are their best and brightest.

It says why they use "elitist" as an attack for educated people as they worship at the alter of an arrogant, wealthy, bubble-dwelling, NYer low-life like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 223December 19, 2019 12:10 AM

I disagree, it was a sad day when Trump became President because he cheated and stole it from the rightful winner. Trump deserves a more severe punishment than impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 224December 19, 2019 12:13 AM

Voting now. So far ONE democrat has voted against first article of impeachment — Who was it???

by Anonymousreply 225December 19, 2019 12:14 AM

So only NBC is covering the vote live. CBS and ABC went back to their regular programming.

by Anonymousreply 226December 19, 2019 12:15 AM

R225, let's take bets. I think it's a Dem from OH or PA.

by Anonymousreply 227December 19, 2019 12:16 AM

And so it goes.... this short term loud and arrogant and angry reactionary nativist ghoul that pretends to be the Republican party has a shelf life. We don't know what 2020 will bring, but we know this vote is the right thing for history.

by Anonymousreply 228December 19, 2019 12:16 AM

Now it's two, r225...Peterson and Van Drew

by Anonymousreply 229December 19, 2019 12:17 AM

2 Democrats have voted against.

by Anonymousreply 230December 19, 2019 12:18 AM

Disgraceful Dems. Fuck those two.

by Anonymousreply 231December 19, 2019 12:18 AM

^Who was it?

by Anonymousreply 232December 19, 2019 12:19 AM

Michael Moore is there.

[quote] Michael Moore @MMFlint I GOT IN! I AM SEATED IN THE HOUSE GALLERY FRONT ROW WITNESSING HISTORY. CONGRESS IS ABOUT TO IMPEACH A LAWLESS, CRIMINAL PRESIDENT. I had to give my phone up, but will be back tonight and on the podcast to share what I witnessed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233December 19, 2019 12:19 AM

From Twitter:

Rep Chris Stewart from Utah just said if trump is impeached and removed, he guarantees that the NEXT President will be impeached.

Without missing a beat, Rep. Jerry Nadler just pointed out that if trump is removed, the next President would be Mike Pence.

LOL. @mmpadellan

by Anonymousreply 234December 19, 2019 12:20 AM

For an impeachment, do they have to pass both articles? Or will only 1 do?

by Anonymousreply 235December 19, 2019 12:22 AM

Deeryxlstalaz ‏ @deeryxlstalaz 38m38 minutes ago

Steny Hoyer: Eloquence, appeal to logic and reason.

Doug Collins: Foghorn Leghorn on coke.

#ImpeachmentDay

by Anonymousreply 236December 19, 2019 12:23 AM

Does CNN always have to drag out Wolfe Blizter for these things?

by Anonymousreply 237December 19, 2019 12:25 AM

^One of the reasons I haven't watched CNN in 15 years

by Anonymousreply 238December 19, 2019 12:26 AM

OH! One Republican has crossed this far! Who is that?

by Anonymousreply 239December 19, 2019 12:28 AM

Yay! It’s done! He’s impeached!

by Anonymousreply 240December 19, 2019 12:29 AM

R239 As suspected, it was a mistake. It's gone.

by Anonymousreply 241December 19, 2019 12:30 AM

Tulsi voted Present

by Anonymousreply 242December 19, 2019 12:31 AM

Clare McCaskill seeing it..."Oh, honey... come on..."

by Anonymousreply 243December 19, 2019 12:33 AM

Fuck Trump, glad his corrupt ass is being impeached. This will be there for all of history to judge him for.

FOREVER!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 244December 19, 2019 12:36 AM

The next democratic president better walk a straight line, because Democrats doing what the constitution says it should do, will be used against them the next time we have a democratic president.

Their going to be looking for any reason to go after a blue president.

by Anonymousreply 245December 19, 2019 12:39 AM

Yeah, old Tulsi only has her independence now. She and her supporters will point to it as a sign of her being a true maverick and when called on it will scream “SMEAR!” and run from the room.

She had that same all-white suit she likes to wear all the time on for the vote tonight. Maxine Waters and Shelia Jackson Lee though she was taking up the collection and each gave her a dollar.

by Anonymousreply 246December 19, 2019 12:40 AM

[quote][R239] As suspected, it was a mistake. It's gone.

I'd normally assume it was Susan Collins if it weren't the house

by Anonymousreply 247December 19, 2019 12:40 AM

Fuck that impeached piece of poo!

by Anonymousreply 248December 19, 2019 12:40 AM

3 Dem cunts

by Anonymousreply 249December 19, 2019 12:41 AM

R245 Not if there is a Dem majority in Congress. If there is a Dem President elected in 2020, you can be sure the House, at least, will remain Dem.

by Anonymousreply 250December 19, 2019 12:42 AM

Force Collins and her supposedly moderate ilk in the Senate to vote.

by Anonymousreply 251December 19, 2019 12:44 AM

"Kevin McCarthy just said they're holding the impeachment vote "hours before Christmas"

FUCK. Just hours before Christmas? I must have overslept.

by Anonymousreply 252December 19, 2019 12:46 AM

“I like presidents that aren’t impeached.”

The Ghost of John McCain.

by Anonymousreply 253December 19, 2019 12:46 AM

R252 Republicans are fucking insane and dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 254December 19, 2019 12:47 AM

Not a single Republican has guts. All trash

by Anonymousreply 255December 19, 2019 12:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256December 19, 2019 12:53 AM

Not sure if it's just my TV, but they're showing Trump's rally and his face looks very red. None of the people behind him look like their blood pressure is about to explode.

by Anonymousreply 257December 19, 2019 12:55 AM

R253 Brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 258December 19, 2019 12:55 AM

Donald Trump, is the very definition of white privilege. He does whatever the fuck he wants, and gets away with it constantly. All of these white Republicans are trash.

Donald Trump is white privilege. Fuck him and white America.

by Anonymousreply 259December 19, 2019 12:56 AM

Was hours before Christmas

And all through then House

The Dems would impeach anything

Yes, even a mouse

by Anonymousreply 260December 19, 2019 12:56 AM

R259, are you Boris? Way to alienate people.

by Anonymousreply 261December 19, 2019 12:56 AM

R259 Troll speak.

by Anonymousreply 262December 19, 2019 12:57 AM

R260 Troll speak, part II.

by Anonymousreply 263December 19, 2019 12:57 AM

If you didn't watch any of it, here is a summation:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264December 19, 2019 12:58 AM

NOW! It's time to put the pressure on the Senate!

by Anonymousreply 265December 19, 2019 12:58 AM

White America will tolerate anything. Trump is definitely proof of it. I've even seen some so called white liberals, go soft on him.

by Anonymousreply 266December 19, 2019 12:59 AM

R259 = R266 = Boris

by Anonymousreply 267December 19, 2019 1:01 AM

R261 No I'm not a Boris, I'm so sick of the double standards America allows. And it's done intentionally.

If you don't understand that, then you yourself live in a bubble of privilege.

by Anonymousreply 268December 19, 2019 1:02 AM

Tulsi needs to get a new outfit. That think is starting to turn yellow and brown from all the makeup and sweat.

by Anonymousreply 269December 19, 2019 1:04 AM

Miss Nancy plans to speak soon. The Republicans have canceled their press conference.

by Anonymousreply 270December 19, 2019 1:05 AM

Your endless posts say different, Boris/R268.

by Anonymousreply 271December 19, 2019 1:06 AM

Dems and Speaker Pelosi doing a well-deserved victory lap press conference. Hands off Ladies Adam Schiff is going to be my new man.

by Anonymousreply 272December 19, 2019 1:09 AM

Like most Repugs you have sophisticated sense of humor R137

by Anonymousreply 273December 19, 2019 1:12 AM

Crazy Donny is ranting and raving at his rally.

by Anonymousreply 274December 19, 2019 1:26 AM

I hope someone is going to start a new Within Treason thread. Part 17 was closed without a link.

by Anonymousreply 275December 19, 2019 1:34 AM

Lindsey Graham @LindseyGrahamSC: The impeachment Articles passed by the House of Representatives will meet a quick demise in the Senate.

(LINK: Tomorrow's NYT front page)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276December 19, 2019 1:35 AM

If Nancy let’s them get their dirty hands on them, Lindsay.

by Anonymousreply 277December 19, 2019 1:41 AM

Democrats: We're impeaching him today.

Republicans: You're ruining Christmas!

Democrats: OK, we'll wait until the New Year.

Republicans: You can't impeach him in an election year; let the voters decide!

by Anonymousreply 278December 19, 2019 1:49 AM

Adam Schiff will be speaking with Rachel Maddow momentarily....

by Anonymousreply 279December 19, 2019 1:52 AM

I'm with r275. Hopefully when someone starts it they can link it here.

by Anonymousreply 280December 19, 2019 2:12 AM

Here you go R280!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281December 19, 2019 2:22 AM

I’m afraid that Trump will play this up as a [bold] partisan [/bold] vote - which sounds a million times worse than it actually is.

by Anonymousreply 282December 19, 2019 2:41 AM

Here it is, r275.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283December 19, 2019 2:42 AM

HAIL. Miss Nancy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284December 19, 2019 3:30 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285December 19, 2019 3:44 AM

The NY Post will always be for complete shitheads. Always. I hope Rupert Murdoch dies a slow and painful death along with every one who works at that PRAVDA shitrag.

Journalism goes to die there.

by Anonymousreply 286December 19, 2019 3:51 AM

That headline made papa's dick twitch or perhaps it was gas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287December 19, 2019 4:35 AM

^She's such a disgusting, gold-digging cunt. No surprise she's from TX.

by Anonymousreply 288December 19, 2019 4:49 AM

Heaven forbid she did the world a favor and held that motherfucker underwater.

by Anonymousreply 289December 19, 2019 4:50 AM

Bye Falicia!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290December 19, 2019 7:17 AM

WOW!

Trump Ally Rep. Mark Meadows Says He Won’t Seek Re-Election

Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC), one of President Trump’s strongest allies on Capitol Hill, will not seek re-election, Politico reports. The congressman told the news site that he might leave the House in the middle of this term to start an unspecified role helping Trump. “Obviously, I’ve looked at this as a temporary job,” Meadows reportedly said Wednesday. “Every year it’s a decision whether you’re going to run again. Probably the hardest thing for me was the timing of this, because the president has accomplished so much. I’m not only an ally, but will continue to be an ally.” Meadows added: “We’ve had discussions on how we can work more closely together in the future and I felt like filing and then potentially resigning at some point in the future would not serve my constituents in North Carolina best.” Meadows has served as the U.S. representative for North Carolina's 11th Congressional District since 2013, and is chairman of the House Freedom Caucus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291December 19, 2019 10:41 AM

(tweeted 1 hr ago)

GOP @GOP

Last night’s vote by the House Democrats will NOT be forgotten by the American people.

They are setting a dangerous precedent for America.

by Anonymousreply 292December 19, 2019 11:13 AM

^Newsflash: The GOP does not speak for all Americans. Half of the country (or more) is very happy today.

by Anonymousreply 293December 19, 2019 12:20 PM

^Always keep your friends close and your enemies closer....

by Anonymousreply 294December 19, 2019 12:52 PM

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump (5 min ago)

Pelosi feels her phony impeachment HOAX is so pathetic she is afraid to present it to the Senate, which can set a date and put this whole SCAM into default if they refuse to show up! The Do Nothings are so bad for our Country!

by Anonymousreply 295December 19, 2019 3:14 PM

R295 His relentless use of caps and exclamation points. Yesterday's Repubs shouting at full volume for 8 hours in his defense. I think something might emerge in the next ten months.... some Americans (and especially those white suburban women in PA, MI, and WI who may be the turning point) may get tired of all the performed anger, the drama and attacks. "Regular order" may become a great selling point. Personally I am for Warren or Bernie - but the wiser Dem image might better to not be for "great change." Biden may or may not prove to be someone of calming order that isn't completely senile - but Amy (or even Booker) might emerge as the "rudder" to steer us through the current storms.

by Anonymousreply 296December 19, 2019 3:25 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297December 19, 2019 3:37 PM

R297 Again, the voter that would be moved by that meme would never vote for a Dem. Does it widen the divide? Yes. Does it attract more Americans to their side? Uncertain. Will Dems need to increase the turnout of their voters? Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 298December 19, 2019 3:41 PM

Dems need a to get Joe Kennedy III on every media outlet today bashing Trump and never let up 24/7. Wash ,rinse repeat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299December 19, 2019 3:44 PM

R298 Your "nuanced" approach worked so well in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 300December 19, 2019 3:45 PM

R300 There was nothing nuanced about Hillary... "basket of deplorables" etc. And the gaffe of Hillary was she did NOT up the Dem turnout... the assumption of inevitability, the lack of strategic outreach to voters of color, the assumption that WI was in the bag... no, I am suggesting exactly NOT doing what Hillary did. I am speculating that after four years of Trump the election dynamic is different... and that key voting blocks are looking for more of an adult. That does NOT mean, repeat Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 301December 19, 2019 3:49 PM

Okay... I have to agree with R297. Dems have to get nasty and up their game with Republicans. I'm not particularly speaking about the Republicans in Congress but more about the Conservatives and Republicans of the Conservative Entertainment Media! It's past time to totally destroy the Rush Limbaughs, Sean Hannitys, and the Jeanine Pirros. These types need to be stomped until they are dust. The Republicans of Congress today have been dragged, (unwillingly at first), into the mess that we are experiencing today.

Democrats have to do a grass roots assault of where people are blogging, posting, but more importantly aggressively attacking, the conservative media (especially on the internet) and calling them out for the shit that they are. Enough with trying to be statesman-like and mature. That can happen later. But, Mitch McConnell should have NO WAY been allowed to get away with the dirt that has so far--AND, it's A LOT of dirt that will affect this country for generations.

by Anonymousreply 302December 19, 2019 4:04 PM

Democrats need to do more of this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303December 19, 2019 4:19 PM

And, DEFINITELY more of this!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304December 19, 2019 4:22 PM

MIchael Moore was in the chamber all day yesterday and had some good tidbits about the goings on yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305December 19, 2019 6:29 PM

SEAN HANNITY IS A "JOURNALIST" SINCE WHEN????? mr. flunked out of college, has no degree whatsoever and who works for a network who CAN'T EVEN GET A FCC LICENSE because their NOT news but "entertainment"!..

I WANT DEMOCRATS THOSE RUNNING FOR OFFICE AND EVEN THOSE WHO ARE NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT TO PLASTER THE MEDIA "AIRWAVES", TV, RADIO, THE INTERNET AND SCREAM FROM THE MOUNTAIN TOPS 24/7 HOW THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING, THEY ARE PASSING AND CREATING BILLS AND IT'S THE REPUBS WHO ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!

it irks me that the repubs are forever shouting (including president lump) that the democrats are not doing anything!...

by Anonymousreply 306December 19, 2019 7:11 PM

Meanwhile, this is what Obama was doing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307December 19, 2019 7:21 PM

Girrrrl, Im getting wasted watching this Trump show!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308December 19, 2019 7:32 PM

Trump just said "It doesn't feel like impeachment".

by Anonymousreply 309December 19, 2019 7:34 PM

Well, Donnie....it IS impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 310December 19, 2019 7:38 PM

[quote]Trump just said "It doesn't feel like impeachment".

It' doesn't feel like it's in either.

by Anonymousreply 311December 19, 2019 8:02 PM

[quote]Trump Ally Rep. Mark Meadows Says He Won’t Seek Re-Election

He's the 24th House Republican not to seek re-election.

May have something to do with the North Carolina gerrymandering decision.

by Anonymousreply 312December 19, 2019 9:11 PM

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump (9 min ago)

So after the Democrats gave me no Due Process in the House, no lawyers, no witnesses, no nothing, they now want to tell the Senate how to run their trial. Actually, they have zero proof of anything, they will never even show up. They want out. I want an immediate trial!

by Anonymousreply 313December 19, 2019 11:29 PM

The House Democrats were unable to get even a single vote from the Republicans on their Impeachment Hoax. The Republicans have never been so united! The Dem’s case is so bad that they don’t even want to go to trial!

by Anonymousreply 314December 19, 2019 11:59 PM

I cannot begin to tell you how HAPPY this "news" has made a colleague in my office. These people...

White House considers arguing that Trump wasn't impeached

The White House is considering making the argument that President Trump has not officially been impeached, given that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has not transmitted the articles of impeachment to the Senate, two sources involved in the president's impeachment defense told CBS News.

The House voted to impeach Mr. Trump on two articles of impeachment — abuse of power and obstruction of Congress — on Wednesday. However, Pelosi told reporters on Thursday that the House would wait to deliver the articles until the Senate had laid out the rules for the trial.

"When we see the process that's set forth in the Senate, then we'll know the number of managers we'll have to move forward, and who we would choose," the California Democrat said. The House must vote on a resolution designating impeachment managers to prosecute the case against Mr. Trump in the Senate before delivering the articles.

The White House is considering making the case that Mr. Trump has not been impeached based on an opinion piece by Harvard Law Professor Noah Feldman on Bloomberg's opinion page Thursday. Feldman was one of the legal experts called by Democrats to testify before the House Judiciary Committee earlier this month and has advocated for Mr. Trump's impeachment and removal from office.

"Impeachment as contemplated by the Constitution does not consist merely of the vote by the House, but of the process of sending the articles to the Senate for trial," Feldman wrote in Bloomberg. "Both parts are necessary to make an impeachment under the Constitution: The House must actually send the articles and send managers to the Senate to prosecute the impeachment. And the Senate must actually hold a trial."

"If the House does not communicate its impeachment to the Senate, it hasn't actually impeached the president. If the articles are not transmitted, Trump could legitimately say that he wasn't truly impeached at all," Feldman wrote.

The sources told CBS News that the White House views Pelosi's delay as "a Christmas gift." They plan to use the delay to argue that the Democrats have so little faith in their own case for impeachment, they are too scared to trigger a trial they know they will lose. The two sources also say that the president, while "angry" about what he views as an unfair process, is actually in a "very good mood," and feels confident he can win the messaging war via Twitter while lawmakers are back home for the holidays.

A senior White House official said the White House might pursue that line of messaging, but the White House is also in a "wait and see" attitude over the Christmas holiday. Right now, the official said they preferred to focus on "happy" messaging, not "flogging" impeachment messaging over the holidays.

Republicans in Congress are already making this argument. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said in a speech on the Senate floor Thursday that Pelosi's decision to withhold the articles from the Senate shows Democrats "may be too afraid to even transmit their shoddy work product to the Senate." House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy echoed those comments: "She's admitting defeat by not sending them. By refusing to send impeachment over, she knows its outcome is not good."

Pelosi and Democrats in the House and Senate are trying to pressure the Senate to call for more documents and for witnesses who did not testify in the House impeachment proceedings because the White House prevented them from appearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315December 20, 2019 4:51 PM

That's what the White House does. They keep daring Nancy to make a move. When she actually makes that move, and successfully I might add, they dare her to do something else. She's always one step ahead of them. It's true. She's playing chess and they're playing checkers.

by Anonymousreply 316December 20, 2019 6:13 PM

WHY DO WE NEED TO SEE EVERY SINGLE PLUMP BRAINWASH TWEET?

DONT POST THAT SHIT HERE!

by Anonymousreply 317December 20, 2019 6:15 PM

R316, you ain't kidding. The shaaaaade:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318December 20, 2019 6:22 PM

That letter is short — but FUCKING BRILLIANT!!

The shade, oh the shade. 👏👏👏👏.

It burns.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 319December 20, 2019 6:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320December 21, 2019 6:46 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321December 23, 2019 11:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!