Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Disney Horror Stories

I'm planning on tracking down some ex-Disney workers, from the ride operators to those who've worked with Eisner and Iger themselves, and recording their stories for a book (and/or docuseries) about the evils of the House of Mouse. I don't really know what I'm getting into, so I was wondering if any DLers who've worked for Disney could share their experiences. I want to know the corruption happening behind the scenes, how they mistreat their workers, and what skeletons they have in their closet. Anybody have anything interesting to share?

by Anonymousreply 92December 13, 2019 1:13 PM

Be careful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2019 6:04 PM

I was a ride operator. They forced me to wear a diaper to cut down on bathroom breaks. I hated it at first but got used to it. When I was promoted to ride operator manager, it became my job to introduce diapers to the trainees.

Will I make it into your book? Please say yes.

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2019 6:04 PM

A pass around bottom, I am.

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2019 6:09 PM

Online a reporter anonymously detailed numerous horror stories including ride operators and patrons getting accidentally killed.

Also extremely sexual images in Disney content that most only see subliminally if at all. Note that Daffy Duck doesn't wear pants and wear his top ends. While some of the tales seem over-the-top others have some validity of bored animators playing tricks.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2019 6:09 PM

R4 I don't care about the "subliminal messaging" conspiracy bullshit, I mean genuinely fucked up things they do that can be proven and backed up by worker claims. Stuff that could potentially get them investigated as a company for how they conduct business and treat their workers and subsidiaries.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2019 6:12 PM

There is no better way than to uncover claims than by posting to anonymous message boards.

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2019 6:16 PM

Someone on Reddit did a similar thing about 4 years ago OP. You should find some gems in the 8k comments I'm sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2019 6:17 PM

You need to infiltrate Club 33...

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2019 6:17 PM

R6 I'm not looking for claims to use here, dipshit, I want some stories to help me get the gist of what I should be looking for a what mistreatments are the most common.

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2019 6:18 PM

OP, how can you decline the topic of subliminal messages? It’s background color, unless your book is just going to be bullet points.

I did hear that they would often ask strangers for information, for no compensation, and then insult them if the info they offered wasn’t exactly what they wanted. Terrible!

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2019 6:21 PM

I second the suggestion r7 made. I just took a peek and it looks like what you want OP.

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2019 6:26 PM

Because that's not what OP wants to do. OP is asking for information and then calling people dipshits when they respond.

This is not how real researchers work.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2019 7:12 PM

I was an ride operator. One day an old lady was decapitated on It's a Small World and her body went flying out the boat. Her family was drunk so afterwards when they looked for grandma they couldn't remember if she had gotten on the ride with them. We found the body and fished it out, but we told the family we hadn't seen her. They filed a missing person's report with the WDWPD (Walt Disney World Police Dept.) and went on their way. After the park closed we incinerated the body (and head) in the morgue out back. No one ever asked any more questions.

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2019 7:49 PM

I was a sergeant in the WDWPD and I can confirm what r13 said is true.

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2019 7:55 PM

Wow, OP, we all want to help you now, given how nicely you've treated the people who tried on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2019 7:58 PM

I’m the missing head, and can also confirm R13. That’s 3 independent sources, run the presses!

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2019 8:05 PM

I was a costumed actor. I was brutally raped repeatedly by Goofy. And then forced to watch it on film afterwards, while he laughed.

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2019 8:06 PM

OP an actual journalist investigates and lets the facts lead him where they may. You seem like you're trying to write a hit book by gathering all the stories of ex Disney employees and then hiring the artist who made the cover for Ronan Farrow's "Catch and Kill" to produce a book Exposing the Lies Behind the Mouse or something, probably titled "Mouse Hunt" or something stupid like that.

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2019 8:08 PM

R17, but you called me Sweetheart!?

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2019 8:09 PM

R4, Daffy Duck is not a Disney character.

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2019 8:16 PM

I worked at Disney and I can tell you about the costumes. A lot of people assume they are made from synthetic fibers-- not true. Mickey et. al. are made from actual mouse pelts. The mice are bred and raised in Vietnam and the costumes are assembled in a factory under the parking lot by specially trained seamstresses flown in from Vietnam. I only know about this because I was a security guard at the studio, which doubles as a dorm. Very few seamstresses try to escape because they are too are bred for docility (as well as manual dexterity). They've been doing this since the 60s, when Disney entered an agreement with the Viet Cong to import mouse pelts in exchange for weapons.

by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2019 8:17 PM

^ Lies, lies and more lies.

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2019 8:18 PM

Look into what they put in those massive turkey legs.

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2019 8:18 PM

From the Reddit thread:

[quote]My wife played Belle and Cinderella for 3 years and used to tell me about walking around "crop dusting" diners at the Norwegian restaurant in Epcot. No one would believe it was a princess.

by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2019 8:20 PM

R13 and r21 are the most outlandish and absurd tall tales I’ve heard outside of the Trump administration.

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2019 8:21 PM

"I'm planning on tracking down some ex-Disney workers, from the ride operators to those who've worked with Eisner and Iger themselves, and recording their stories for a book (and/or docuseries) about the evils of the House of Mouse. "

You sound kind of, well, crazy. What's with your pathological hatred of Disney? Did you apply for a job there and get turned down?

by Anonymousreply 26December 7, 2019 8:22 PM

PEDO PARADISE

by Anonymousreply 27December 7, 2019 8:22 PM

Get a hold of Whoopi, I hear she has more than a few negative things to say about Disney.

by Anonymousreply 28December 7, 2019 8:23 PM

[quote] You sound kind of, well, crazy. What's with your pathological hatred of Disney? Did you apply for a job there and get turned down?

No, I sent Mr. Iger a Christmas card and told him how much I admired him and asked if he'd be my pen pal. He never wrote back and I have NEVER forgiven him.

by Anonymousreply 29December 7, 2019 8:27 PM

One time I was at Disney World with a work colleague I didn’t really like. We got churros, and one of those birds that hovers over the food areas came and snatched hers out of her hand! It also grazed her head with its claw or beak. It was so hard to appear concerned while laughing hysterically inside. Not an employee story, but entertaining and Disney-related.

by Anonymousreply 30December 7, 2019 8:28 PM

I did have a brother who worked in film production there. He said an executive once screamed at an employee to shut up after she sneezed. I don’t have any names, though.

by Anonymousreply 31December 7, 2019 8:30 PM

Over a summer break from college, I worked at the Souvenir shop there. Mickey Mouse was a terrible drunk who would come in reeking of booze and one time he pulled out his Johnson and took a piss all over a Minnie Mouse hoodie and another Mickey and Friends hoodie. He cost over $250 in damages and when I told the men in charge what transpired, they got real quiet. About 10 minutes later, in walks Mickey who proceeded to beat me with a Minnie Mouse Satin polka dot headband until my face was all bloody. Afterwards, they added the headband to the charges and took nearly $300.00 out of my salary.

I got out lucky though. Another worker there had a run in with Mickey and a Finding Nemo bottle opener, he never walked right again.

by Anonymousreply 32December 7, 2019 8:34 PM

Mary Poppins sodomized me with her umbrella while Pluto humped my leg.

by Anonymousreply 33December 7, 2019 8:36 PM

You dipshits! Cunts! Help me out! I need your help!

DIPSHITS!! CUNTS!!

by Anonymousreply 34December 7, 2019 8:37 PM

somewhere in the bowels of DL is the information you seek, regarding a cruise ship, a Disney character, and a geriatric bottom

by Anonymousreply 35December 7, 2019 9:42 PM

Nobody who calls themself a "ride operater" ever worked for the parks. Employees are called "Cast Members," and even people who never worked for Disney know this.

by Anonymousreply 36December 7, 2019 9:49 PM

Paging BILL TAYLOR.

by Anonymousreply 37December 7, 2019 9:49 PM

AND HERE I THOUGHT MY SERVICE TO AMERICA EXPOSING TRUMP'S LIES WOULD ABSOLVE ME OF THE TRAUMA FROM MY SHIPBOARD INCIDENT. YOU DL'ERS HAVE NO PITY FOR A TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT AND HERO. GOD BLESS

by Anonymousreply 38December 7, 2019 9:49 PM

OP, try scouring the various fora on this site for lots of insider info:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 7, 2019 9:58 PM

Most of the male character actors are gay but that's not really big news. Gay boys try to be Minnie or Daisy so they can fondle all the men who want to get their pictures taken with them.

by Anonymousreply 40December 7, 2019 10:21 PM

Good luck to you, OP, despite your demeanor here.

Third-hand publishing gossip: years ago writer Robert Gluck penned a book of cultural critique essays. His publisher (naively?) vetted a single parody drawing of Mickey Mouse for inclusion, and a Disney lawyer got right back to him with a threatening phone call, saying, " If you publish that, we will bury you."

by Anonymousreply 41December 7, 2019 10:25 PM

Been there done that....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 7, 2019 10:26 PM

Disney is extremely slow to pay its vendors. 60+days, for sure.

If you want to work with Disney, manage your cash carefully.

by Anonymousreply 43December 7, 2019 10:39 PM

There’s a fabulous video I saw of the new Star Wars ride. One of the very gay cast members was having WAY too much fun hissing the line, "Stand over there, Resistance scum!" It could be the new DL catchphrase.

by Anonymousreply 44December 7, 2019 10:40 PM

by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2019 10:40 PM

^ And the thread is complete

by Anonymousreply 46December 8, 2019 2:11 AM

Any stories about Katzenberg?

by Anonymousreply 47December 8, 2019 2:37 AM

How's this for a horror story: I was the star of a Disney movie that made a billion bucks and now I can't even get an audition.

by Anonymousreply 48December 8, 2019 3:14 AM

r16 is a liar. I was that head.

by Anonymousreply 49December 8, 2019 5:20 AM

[quote]I was a costumed actor. I was brutally raped repeatedly by Goofy. And then forced to watch it on film afterwards, while he laughed.

So Goofy is a serial rapist? Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 50December 8, 2019 4:02 PM

[quote]Get a hold of Whoopi, I hear she has more than a few negative things to say about Disney.

So why is she still working for them?

by Anonymousreply 51December 8, 2019 4:02 PM

She actually works for ABC.

by Anonymousreply 52December 8, 2019 5:36 PM

r52 And who do you think OWNS ABC?

by Anonymousreply 53December 8, 2019 5:52 PM

DUH but her working bosses are ABC.

by Anonymousreply 54December 8, 2019 5:56 PM

Lol OP! Infowars sends their reporters to Datalounge for information? Do you really think Iger or Eisner ever dealt with ride operators? I suppose you think Tim Cook personally checks on Apple computers. Or Elon Musk personally goes through every salesperson's orders for Teslas.

If you need a real Disney story about Eisner, here is one. While coming to a meeting at the Team Disney building, I got into the elevator heading to the 4th floor. Michale Eisner got on at the 2nd floor and accidentally stepped on my foot entering the elevator. He apologized.

by Anonymousreply 55December 8, 2019 6:05 PM

As a young college intern, I was made to carry the large trashbags of filled rider operator diapers down to the incinerator, where I once saw a decapitated head being burned!

by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2019 7:22 PM

I wish there were more educated people on DL.

by Anonymousreply 57December 8, 2019 7:36 PM

I was that young college intern.

by Anonymousreply 58December 8, 2019 7:39 PM

I worked in their reservation center, the bathroom was so filthy that I had to hold my breath. The urinals were clogged with public hair and boogers. The toilets often had floaters left from the last cast member; sometimes there was no toilet paper. I shamed them into cleaning them. Dis-gusting.

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2019 7:42 PM

I worked in their reservation center, the bathroom was so filthy that I had to hold my breath. The urinals were clogged with public hair and boogers. The toilets often had floaters left from the last cast member; sometimes there was no toilet paper. I shamed them into cleaning them. Dis-gusting.

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2019 7:42 PM

while on vacation at Fort Wilderness Campground, my dad walked in on my sucking my best friend’s dick.

by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2019 8:00 PM

"Good for him. His greatest offense was to turn the table on straight guys. Pure homophoblc hysteria."

You're an idiot. Worshipping Kevin Spacey,,,it is just too pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 62December 10, 2019 6:31 PM

I hear they have to defrost Walt every so often so he doesn't get water logged. Somebody got a little bit too rough with his body the last time and broke off a couple of his fingers. A surgeon was brought in with the strictest confidence to sew them back on. Rumor has it that one of the man-hating female employees tried to defrost him and break off his penis, but she was caught before she could do the dirty deed.

by Anonymousreply 63December 10, 2019 7:06 PM

[quote]public hair

As opposed to private hair, which is what I'm pretty sure you were talking about?

by Anonymousreply 64December 10, 2019 7:17 PM

R26, Disney is an evil corporation managed by evil barons who do not give a damn about their employees or the children to whom they peddle sex and animated garbage. Disney also owns ABC. They must be exposed and stopped. I had a roommate who moved here to work for Disney and returned home beaten down and broken-hearted. I warned him in advance, but a man must learn some lessons for himself.

by Anonymousreply 65December 10, 2019 7:19 PM

My wife pegged me with her Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 66December 10, 2019 7:25 PM

Cast members share the same pick up line for guests.

“Is this your first time here?”

So if you are asked that and you are not interested say so.

by Anonymousreply 67December 10, 2019 7:26 PM

"There's a reason the Mouse has only 4 fingers" -- Robin Williams, on The "Today" show talking about working for Disney, after Disney betrayed its word and merchandised the hell out of Williams' Genie voices.

by Anonymousreply 68December 10, 2019 7:30 PM

David Tomlinson performed unnatural acts on Herbie the Love Bug.

by Anonymousreply 69December 10, 2019 7:32 PM

I remember going to Disneyland as a child. We skipped merrily to the flying elephant ride. In the line ahead of us was Little Timmy. He got on the ride, laughing with glee. The ride operator, who was retarded, accidentally set the ride to GRATE AND CHOP. Bits of Timmy flew overhead. His brain landed on a nun. His penis was going to hit an attractive blonde cheerleader, but she bent over to adjust her garter and it flew into the open mouth of a smiling baby. My mother became concerned and shat herself. Her dookie dropped on the ground like a small chocolate, only without the chocolate smell. "Are you not wearing underpants, you whore?" my father bellowed and pushed her in her fucking cunt face. I then began to suspect that my childhood was an unhappy one.

by Anonymousreply 70December 10, 2019 7:36 PM

[quote]If you need a real Disney story about Eisner, here is one. While coming to a meeting at the Team Disney building, I got into the elevator heading to the 4th floor. Michale Eisner got on at the 2nd floor and accidentally stepped on my foot entering the elevator. He apologized.

I'll give you another Eisner story. For a while he was doing intros for the re-vamp of Wonderful World of Disney, basically trying to copy Walt's old stuff, and when they were shooting it he refused to speak to Mickey or any of the other characters who were in the sketch with him or even acknowledge that there were people in there. . He would be standing two feet from Mickey and he would tell the director that "maybe you should ask the mouse to stand a little closer" or "maybe you should ask the mouse to wait a beat before putting his hand on my shoulder."

Since he was horribly wooden and couldn't deliver a line to save his soul, the things took forever, and by the end of the day the poor folks inside the costumes were ready to murder him.

by Anonymousreply 71December 10, 2019 7:38 PM

Tessie O'Shea could eat an entire beef wellington at one sitting. Don't ask how I know this.

by Anonymousreply 72December 10, 2019 7:39 PM

I briefly dated a young lesbian from Celebration whose father was a supervisor in the Disney World costume department, and she told me that the more suffocating costumes actually had maggots in them, particularly in the summertime.

I believed her.

by Anonymousreply 73December 10, 2019 7:42 PM

The Ghost of Haley Mills haunts the Mission to Mars attraction.

And it doesn't even exist anymore, and she ain't dead.

by Anonymousreply 74December 10, 2019 7:44 PM

It's her twin from [italic]The Parent Trap[/italic], R74.

by Anonymousreply 75December 10, 2019 7:45 PM

I fucked one of the Aladdins and barebacked a tenor from the Voices of Liberty. Fun times.

by Anonymousreply 76December 10, 2019 7:46 PM

True story: the alligator in [italic]The Happiest Millionaire[/italic] was supposed to be animatronic, but while shooting the act 1 finale, the reprise of "Fortuosity", it broke down and they had to get a real one. They didn't tell Tommy Steele until after they got the take.

by Anonymousreply 77December 10, 2019 7:51 PM

And then the alligator attacked poor Tommy Steele.

That's why he only has one foot.

by Anonymousreply 78December 10, 2019 8:02 PM

Poor Tommy? What about me? I almost froze to death!

by Anonymousreply 79December 10, 2019 8:03 PM

someone with time and technical skills: please link the Bill Taylor /Goofy rape info for the OP!

by Anonymousreply 80December 10, 2019 9:31 PM

Captain EO grabbed my hooter.

by Anonymousreply 81December 10, 2019 9:34 PM

I worked in costumes. A little known fact-- Mickey is anatomically correct. But Mickey was conceptualized as a eunuch mouse, so he has a mouse penis but no testicles. This is a sore spot for the characters, since Donald Duck has both a duck penis and testicles. The characters generally get along, there is often tension between Donald and Mickey for this reason.

by Anonymousreply 82December 10, 2019 9:55 PM

[quote] someone with time and technical skills: please link the Bill Taylor /Goofy rape info for the OP!

Good idea. More people need to know about this brutal sex crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83December 10, 2019 9:57 PM

All the fat people in Disneyland are affecting the structural integrity of the Earth's crust in Anaheim. When it finally breaks down, watch out!

by Anonymousreply 84December 10, 2019 9:58 PM

Check out “Mouse Tales,” by David Koenig, with two sequels, a behind-the-scenes chronicle of all kinds of unpublicized scandals. Deaths, lawsuits, sex in unlikely places.

by Anonymousreply 85December 11, 2019 6:01 PM

R84 Is that why they weigh them on the Richter Scale?

by Anonymousreply 86December 11, 2019 6:10 PM

I have always heard that Walt Disney was a rabid right-wing conservative. There is an article that says he may have been a Nazi. Also a Christain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87December 11, 2019 6:24 PM

If you write a book, r70, I am reading it.

by Anonymousreply 88December 11, 2019 6:32 PM

Robert Osborne was friends wth the PR guy at Disney Studio back in the day, and in an interview Robert said that Walt was a hopeless alcoholic who became aggressive when drunk, so the studio had to have a handler escort him on his drunks to keep him out of trouble.

His long time mistress was supposedly the head of the tour guides at Disneyland, and Walt would spend afternoons banging her in his apartment upstairs in the fire house.

by Anonymousreply 89December 11, 2019 8:16 PM

R60

My friend worked at corporate headquarters for a couple of years. She said is was the filthiest office that she had ever worked in.

by Anonymousreply 90December 11, 2019 8:23 PM

R70. I had a hearty laugh ... thank you.

by Anonymousreply 91December 11, 2019 11:35 PM

Beep

by Anonymousreply 92December 13, 2019 1:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!