Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joan Jett

Discus this underrated rocker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 12, 2020 12:34 PM

She's cool- with quite a weird amount of things in common with Janeane Garofalo!

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2019 8:17 AM

R1 That's definitely a hairpiece.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2019 8:21 AM

There were at least 2 posters on the DL who mentioned that they know Joan is into women, because their friends had flings with her. But what gets me every time is- if their friends bragged about sleeping with her, then wouldn't they also say what kind of lover she was?

No one ever mentions that, like ever! And that's the interesting bit.

So, if they can brag about nabbing her once, but they can't mention what kind of lover she is, then they are either lying, or rude. (Sorry, but it had to be said)

This MTV host asks her that around the 14:19 mark, and her reply was "What do you think?" LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2019 8:33 AM

R3 I always wondered that. Is she bi?

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2019 8:36 AM

I think (based on her songs and other things) that she's sexually attracted to both, but only romantically attracted to women, which would make her bi-sexual but homo-romantic. So, I'd say the homo-romantic part would win out in the long-run. Human nature.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2019 8:40 AM

R5 I have heard that she has had boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2019 8:42 AM

I've heard that too, but think it's just boys who were friends. And PR for that time in her life.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2019 8:44 AM

R8 I remember that response she gave "I have boys, and some of them are friends".

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2019 8:46 AM

Hilarious, haha!

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2019 8:49 AM

R9 That's our Joan!

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2019 8:53 AM

Maybe she just hasn't met the right man yet?

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2019 8:59 AM

R11 Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2019 9:19 AM

Here's a page I came across that's supposed to be rock star sex stories, but the part about Joan wasn't a sex story, it was more a date story!

So, why's she even in this article?!

I sure wish that guy who commented on here a while back saying that Joan picked up his ex in a bar would chime in again. Apparently, he and the ex stayed in-touch for a while after... So, I know he has the skinny on things.

Dudes who spill the beans should spill the WHOLE can of beans!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2019 3:27 AM

R13 Saw that.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2019 3:42 AM

r14- I just think it's rude to go "Yeah, my friend had sex with her. Told me all about it" and not give us some detail!

Like, is she slow or fast, quiet or loud, hard or soft...

You feel me?

It's not like a private relationship. Flings are fair game, imo- esp. if you kiss and tell.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2019 4:03 AM

R15 Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2019 4:28 AM

She's AC/DC

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2019 7:07 AM

Come on, Joan Jett troll- I dare you to bring your trash here! I double-dare you!!

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2019 12:30 AM

Why all people seem to talk about is her covers, when she has so many great originals, I'll never understand!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 26, 2019 3:58 AM

Underrated and forgotten album.

by Anonymousreply 20November 26, 2019 4:01 AM

r20, indeed!

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2019 4:07 AM

Joan Jett makes me so proud! She's such a good friend to those close to her and is always there when her pals are in-need.

People just want to talk about so-n-so's music is better than Joan's, so-n-so is more accomplished, but you know what? It's not all about business. There's more to life than that, and Joan just has a beautiful heart. Maybe you all haven't taken the time to really see it, but I have, and I love it so much!

by Anonymousreply 22November 29, 2019 2:40 PM

This is cool. Apparently, Dolly Parton is a fan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 6, 2019 6:24 AM

Great shot of her doing her thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 6, 2019 5:02 PM

She's not a fucking rocker, she is a pop-rocker. She is to the 80s what Avril Lavigne is to the 00s.

by Anonymousreply 25December 6, 2019 5:09 PM

r25- A pop-rocker is still a rocker!

And I challenge you to give me your definition of a rocker, and I'll show you how wrong you are.

by Anonymousreply 26December 6, 2019 5:49 PM

She’s basically a cover band.

by Anonymousreply 27December 6, 2019 5:55 PM

r27- only people who know next to nothing about her music say that.

Most of her songs are originals. And she wrote or co-wrote the majority of them.

by Anonymousreply 28December 6, 2019 6:20 PM

Most of her big hits were covers.

by Anonymousreply 29December 6, 2019 8:22 PM

Yeah, r29.

But, many of her originals are as good as or better than her big hits.

Like this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 6, 2019 8:56 PM

Well, this is funny. Joan Jett just landed a Netflix show... playing a rocker snake!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 13, 2019 4:53 AM

r15, Joan Jett said she was celibate nearly two years ago. She also abstains from meat, dairy, and drinking. Plus, she prays. The woman could almost be a late-life nun!

by Anonymousreply 32February 9, 2020 5:30 AM

^If it weren't for her potty-mouth. 🤐

by Anonymousreply 33February 9, 2020 5:31 AM

Wow, I come here, post about Joan, and suddenly see one of her favorite people being discussed on my sidebar! What the *bleep*!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 9, 2020 5:38 AM

I just watched her documentary Joan Jett - Bad Reputation, and she seemed like such a lovable human being with a big heart.

by Anonymousreply 35February 23, 2020 10:04 PM

r35- Yeah, she does seem pretty lovable- especially when you consider all the people who speak well of her. It's not easy to be a public figure/celeb, and have more lovers than haters, but with the exception of some critics in her early years as well as a few gleeful trolls, she really does seem to be not only respected but genuinely liked- and even loved- by her peers and those she meets.

by Anonymousreply 36February 27, 2020 12:53 PM

I love Joan Jett. Always have.

She has stood the test of time and is the real deal.

I also believe she's a lesbian. She was when she was living in Maine.

by Anonymousreply 37February 27, 2020 1:06 PM

r37- Maine? Do you mean Maryland? I don't think she's ever lived in Maine, unless secretly.

And while she has had her dalliances with men, yes, she does identify as a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 38February 27, 2020 1:43 PM

...So, you're right about her orientation, r37. But, not sure on the Maine part. I think you may be confusing Maine for Maryland.

Anyways, you say she was lesbian when she lived there, so did you see her out and about or something?

by Anonymousreply 39February 27, 2020 1:57 PM

She used to have a S&M flag sticker on her guitar. Perhaps she still does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 27, 2020 2:09 PM

r40- Yup, she does still have it on there. She has that s&m flag on at least one other guitar too.

by Anonymousreply 41February 27, 2020 2:13 PM

I always wish I liked her music better, because her whole deal & her mission is so cool and she never once kowtowed to the Boys Club (as far as I know?). Maybe I’m missing something, but her songs just sound too artificial & peppy for my taste. I have the same thing with Alice Cooper.

But dammit, I just like listening to every other rocker female more. I’m a big Vixen fan - wonder if Jan Kuehnemund (RIP) & Joan ever crossed lesbian paths?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 27, 2020 2:15 PM

She was living in Portland, Maine. My god daughter lives on Peaks Island.

It was the sport to "Spot Joan". This was years ago.

by Anonymousreply 43February 27, 2020 2:16 PM

r43- She must have been living there un-officially then. Interesting that you mentioned she was lesbian while she was living there, and that it was the sport to spot her. This tells me two things: 1] She was seen with women (or a woman) while there, and 2] She was probably not actually living there but was shacking up with a girlfriend who lived there (which was kept on the down-low). That's probably why no-one ever publicly hears of her living in Maine, because technically, she didn't- her gf at the time did.

by Anonymousreply 44February 28, 2020 9:29 AM

I saw the Runaways in England in, what, ‘75 ? Maybe ‘76. So I was 15/16. My brother was 4 years younger. The gig was at the uni and when we got there they wouldn’t let my brother in. So we waited for the Runaways bus and as they all got off I asked her if she could get my brother in. She couldn’t. But she did spend ten minutes with us chatting and that made the night.

I went in to the hall to watch ( hell, why waste both tickets ) and it was when Cherie Currie was wearing the corset and stockings. I really felt for her as there was loads of leering and jeering. Jett played it cool and just did her rocker thing. Not long after I saw the Slits supporting the Clash and Ari Up came on, all of 15, with a pair of knickers over her leather strides, a stringy mohair vest and hair everywhere. The discomfort among the boneheads was palpable. When one bloke called out ‘Show us your tits’ Ari Up just shouted back ‘Fuck off, show us your cock’. So much had changed so quickly.

But Joan Jett was part of the start of that.

by Anonymousreply 45February 28, 2020 10:04 AM

r40, that's a BDSM flag sticker. She's got one on this other guitar too.

When she sings "Love Is Pain" and "Fetish", she's not kidding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 29, 2020 2:07 PM

I love you, Joan Jett!

by Anonymousreply 47April 1, 2020 8:59 AM

New videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 7, 2020 2:22 AM

And.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 7, 2020 2:24 AM

With shaved head as Columbia on Broadway in "The Rocky Horror Show"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 7, 2020 3:20 AM

Joan in her quarantine, anti-Corona mask!

Even in pandemic, she's still cool!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 12, 2020 10:23 AM

Happy Easter to Joan Jett! You are loved.

by Anonymousreply 52April 12, 2020 12:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!