Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Within Treason:  It Takes Two (The Impeachment Inquiry, Part 13)  

Continued Discussion

It takes two to make a thing go right... it takes two to make it out of sight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 26, 2019 6:45 AM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2019 2:12 AM

That's a fantastic photo.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2019 2:55 AM

I wish the fucking courts would move on his tax returns

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2019 3:08 AM

^ seriously

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2019 3:09 AM

That's what Patriots look like.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2019 3:11 AM

Somebody just needs to march into the White House and arrest the old grifter. it would be a thing of beauty.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2019 3:13 AM

Amen, r6

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2019 3:14 AM

It just occurred to me that this impeachment is worth it just for the daily trolling of Trump, even if we can't hope the the Senate impeaches and removes. Even if it doesn't sway voters. It's a daily DEEP troll of Trump. Perhaps could have a narcissistic implosion.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2019 3:16 AM

The MSNBC shows are celebrating like it's 1999. Why? Based on a few obtuse he said/she saids?

I doubt if even all of the Democrats will vote for an impeachment.

Trump says he chooses his words very carefully. This may be laughable, but observe how he never comes out and asks Zelensky- point blank- to investigate Joe Biden or determine if some server in the Ukraine was responsible for 2016 hacks. He 'suggest' 'implies' 'intimates' 'hints at'. Has his underlings (including his kids) do his dirty work so he comes out squeaky clean.

No collusion! No obstruction! Catch me if you can!

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2019 3:16 AM

just pissing off and distracting Trump is probably a help, but all this testimony does make ya wonder, what other countries is he extorting or trying to bribe or trying to solicit bribes from or ... well, you get it.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2019 3:17 AM

hhhhh

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2019 3:19 AM

The trolls are out in force tonight to make us doubt Pres Bone Spurs is going down to impeachment.

When the trolls come out, they are worried.

My moderate cousin who never votes but when he does he votes GOP has recently said this impeachment hearing has turned him off the GOP for the foreseeable future. He said if and when he votes he will vote Dem.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2019 3:33 AM

yup, yup, yup, but the important thing, what the hell are you hearing these days FCI?

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2019 3:35 AM

I don't understand why some are saying these hearings have been a failure. Democrats and liberals always seem so fucking self-defeating. You turn on Fox or listen to repub surrogates and they're mostly celebrating this as an impeachment flop. I don't see it as a flop

we just had the final (at least for now public hearing today). Who knows how polling might change next week

newspapers all over the country are putting it on the cover. Even people who don't buy papers see the headlines waiting in line at grocery stores. People see headlines on their phones from twitter and it's not good news for Trump

I agree it's tough not having all the documents or big name witnesses but this is not "a failure"

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2019 3:39 AM

r14, First of all...why are you watching FOX?

I told you that shit would rot your brain.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2019 3:41 AM

[quote] observe how he never comes out and asks Zelensky- point blank- to investigate Joe Biden

Mob bosses operate the same way. Doesn't mean that their guilt isn't clear as day. Doesn't mean that they won't be convicted in a trial if the jury has the guts to do it.

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2019 3:41 AM

actually I agree with you r14. we need to stop giving up in advance. We need to start framing this as what it is: Trump is obviously guilty of serious crimes and the Republicans in the Senate don't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2019 3:44 AM

That David Holmes... my kinda diplomat ;)

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2019 3:47 AM

did the polls bounce back in the Nixon era? or once they started going up for impeachment, they kept going up?

by Anonymousreply 19November 22, 2019 3:48 AM

"Abuse of power" - not sure everyone sees this as a crime. Many see this as immoral and deplorable. Some see this is as doing business. Also I'm not sure "bribery" fits. But whatever. I don't care how they stick it to Trump as long as they do.

by Anonymousreply 20November 22, 2019 3:48 AM

and that is the difference between us and the Republicans, r20. They never give a shit WHAT people think is immoral or deplorable. They MAKE them care. This is where the fun begins. We need to start winning the messaging war, now.

by Anonymousreply 21November 22, 2019 3:50 AM

The only thing anyone will remember from this is: "Joe Biden fired prosecutor who was going after his ne'er-do-well son, brags about it".

by Anonymousreply 22November 22, 2019 3:52 AM

only if that is what we let them remember r22. why do we always give up in advance? why is that?

by Anonymousreply 23November 22, 2019 3:53 AM

What I am hearing is Dem reps in swing districts are hearing great things from constituents. Very positive. Whatever polls the trolls dig up and whatever talking point they are pushing to make this seem like it is going the GOP's way is laughable and not reflective of reality on the ground. The reality on the ground is he has lost the middle class suburbs, his support among moderate conservatives is cratering and more voters are not only voting Dem more often but actually considering themselves Dems.

by Anonymousreply 24November 22, 2019 3:59 AM

that is interesting FCI. Do the Republicans get that, or is it just the usual full steam ahead, always protect Trump, never do anything else?

by Anonymousreply 25November 22, 2019 4:02 AM

fCI any info if some congressional repubs behind the scenes are talking to their Democratic peers agreeing Trump should be impeached?

by Anonymousreply 26November 22, 2019 4:03 AM

R25 They all feel their donors will save them. Dark money to the rescue. Fox to the rescue. Yet, the midterms has many of them shitting their pants. They're worried but feel they have nothing to lose to go full steam ahead.

R26 Yes they want to and some might but it always changes when donors start throwing money at them. Or threatening them.

Add to that, many of the Republicans left are complete crooks who are neck deep in all the corruption and know full well elections are hacked.

by Anonymousreply 27November 22, 2019 4:08 AM

Oh and internal polls for House Dems show dramatic increases in white, upper-middle class college educated support.

Polls showing record GOP support for Pres Bone Spurs is because all the ones who don't support him are leaving the party. In droves.

by Anonymousreply 28November 22, 2019 4:10 AM

Repubs are aggressive, have zero conscience or culpability and have a ton of power and wealth behind them. If Trump goes down it will do major damage to their party. They will fight like hell for him to be punished as little as possible (if at all.)

I wish we had a candidate that was smart, charismatic and clean. Out of all the United States -- this is the best we could come up with? They all have (what are perceived to be) negative aspects to them.

I hope that is true R24. He still has a lot of supporters. I remember election night 2016. I was stunned. I just could not believe that there were that many people that took him seriously.

Yes, I am being defeatist but the Dems never seem to go mercilessly for blood like the Republicans do. We hear many people say "they'll hold their nose and vote for whoever the Democratic candidate turns out to be." Is that really the best we can do at this crucial time in our country?

by Anonymousreply 29November 22, 2019 4:10 AM

so let's all game this out. Impeachment, obvs. then acquittal, or whatever you call it in the Senate. Then, does the Democratic Party actually get their shit together for the first time in 50 years and seriously start selling that this was a huge miscarriage or justice, or do we all do the usual dicking around, making no sense, throwing up a lot of bullshit hoping it makes sense, or what?

by Anonymousreply 30November 22, 2019 4:13 AM

R29 DUDE! This isn't 2016. He was perceived as new, fresh, out of the box. Many voters just took a chance even though he was so plainly a conman loser grifter. We now have 3 years of constant negative, nasty, nutso, lying, gaslighting. Voters are sick of him. They rolled the dice and most admit they were wrong about him. If you are looking at our candidates and getting depressed you need a swift slap. We will never have perfect candidates. Ever. Get over that. We need to sell sell sell who we get. The trolls will be out in droves to push a negative narrative about them that will make what they did to Hillary look tame. Think Deep Fakes. My sources say they have been getting a lot of intel on them being used in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 31November 22, 2019 4:17 AM

Alexander Skarsgård To play David Holmes in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 32November 22, 2019 4:18 AM

and now I need to wonder. do Democrats get this? Does anyone, well I know Nancy does, but in general do Democrats get that this is not a game and nobody needs to pretend that this is all above board and okay. Do the Democrats get what kind of fight they are in?

by Anonymousreply 33November 22, 2019 4:24 AM

things I wonder, FCI. do you, and the rest of your friends get what kind of knife fight you are in? Do you know this is for all the marbles? You are not going to go all Obama let's be friends on this shit are you?

by Anonymousreply 34November 22, 2019 4:30 AM

I think trump might get removed by the Senate.

They know that their party will keep the White House until at least 2020.

It means that they will have some time to recover before the 2020 election.

Alternately, Trump will hang on like an albatross around their necks during the 2020 election.

Some of them will vote against Trump out of disgust

And most of them hate Trump, personally and will be happy to dump him.

I think some Republicans will just skip the ballot, so they can’t be attacked for voting yes or no. That isn’t as good as a vote to convict, but it helps.

by Anonymousreply 35November 22, 2019 4:31 AM

you make them sound like independent actors, r35. they ain't. they are whores and slaves in a cult. there is no independence. they cannot act independently. there is a cult, and they are in it, or they are not in it. that is the only choice. and most Republicans vote with the cult.

by Anonymousreply 36November 22, 2019 4:34 AM

R34 Yes, yes they do more than ever.

by Anonymousreply 37November 22, 2019 4:35 AM

FCI, if so many know (or at least believe) about election hacking and changing of tallies, why don't we hear more about it? Why is it allowed to go on behind the scenes? I believe Malcolm Nance wrote about it in his books, and I've seen a couple pundits discuss it on MSNBC, (but only on the weekend shows!). I would think it merely a conspiracy theory concocted by the far left if I didn't wholly believe it myself.

You discuss it like it's common knowledge around DC, like Lindsay Graham's sexuality. So I don't get it. Why has it never been a top news story and investigation?

by Anonymousreply 38November 22, 2019 4:43 AM

I've been doing my part to hound the rethugs I've been stuck with.

Calling them. Demanding they impeach and remove the traitor. Telling them they are complicit in treason if they continue to support this shit. And I don't want to hear a peep out of their lying mouths when a Democrat does the same thing.

Fuck treasonous rethugs! With rusty chainsaws!

by Anonymousreply 39November 22, 2019 5:14 AM

Jared Kushner is just going to hit 'repeat' and the same computation that hacked the voting machines in '16 will happen again: Michigan, Wisconsin, etc. No one will question it because, like, that's what happened before!

by Anonymousreply 40November 22, 2019 5:19 AM

What I don't get is who is trying to push some narrative that Dems and people on these threads have given up and aren't excited after today's hearings.

The only people who have said anything negative and have "given up," are trolls making their obvious comments.

by Anonymousreply 41November 22, 2019 5:36 AM

[quote]I think trump might get removed by the Senate.

Are you high?

by Anonymousreply 42November 22, 2019 5:47 AM

Has that imbecilic cunt Susan Collins voiced her concerns yet?

by Anonymousreply 43November 22, 2019 5:49 AM

The GOP counts on Putin to hack the election give them and Trump the win. That's why they fight against cyber security. They are all Putin's bitches, because they are addicted to power and it made them do very bad things and they can't turn back now and they know have to stick with Trump and his master, Putin.

by Anonymousreply 44November 22, 2019 5:50 AM

Sorry, and they have to stick with Trump and his master, Putin.

by Anonymousreply 45November 22, 2019 5:51 AM

Many of them are LITERALLY compromised: by Russian $$, hacked e-mails, dirty picture (lookin’ at you, Sénatrice).

by Anonymousreply 46November 22, 2019 5:52 AM

Remember when we thought releasing the pee tapes would actually do something?

by Anonymousreply 47November 22, 2019 5:56 AM

The Repuglians often describe the "Steele Dossier" with double-negative adjectives. Like 'repudiated false' and 'fake dispelled'. They really hate it.

Much of it was true, but we'll never hear from it again.

by Anonymousreply 48November 22, 2019 6:08 AM

This was nice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 22, 2019 6:35 AM

^^and why hasn't the Nunes story gotten more coverage? Shouldn't it be huge??

by Anonymousreply 50November 22, 2019 6:44 AM

Republicans aren't going to vote to impeach Trump. They don't have any choice now but to follow him off the cliff. They're in too deep.

by Anonymousreply 51November 22, 2019 6:56 AM

For crissakes, what is "FCI"? Thank you in advance.

by Anonymousreply 52November 22, 2019 8:27 AM

Fox is Republican trash-shit propaganda. And CNN is still doing these opinionated "both sides" panel discussions and silly debates as if there is equivalency. MSNBC is generally better, but they have Chuck Todd at a prime hour being dimissive of what their own reporters spent many hours conveying earler, along with the constant equivocating and the fake devil's advocate commentaries.

At a time when the corporate media, especially the TV part, needs to stand-up for decency and morality, they are allowing too much 'infotainment' to interference. Sell those ads!

by Anonymousreply 53November 22, 2019 8:44 AM

We know the Senate will never do the right thing but is it possible that Mitch and Lindsay will be fired next year...are they up for reelection?

by Anonymousreply 54November 22, 2019 8:51 AM

^interfere, not interference

by Anonymousreply 55November 22, 2019 8:51 AM

Trump is guilty of so many crimes...he needs to be hung by his neck until dead.

by Anonymousreply 56November 22, 2019 8:54 AM

If I were on the fence about this--not sure how that's possible, but---I would be majorly turned off by how the Republicans are treating the witnesses. They're being excessively hostile with no impartiality. I mean...at this point in Trump's administration, where there's smoke, there HAS to be fire.

by Anonymousreply 57November 22, 2019 9:28 AM

wow something happened to my happy surprise! The local news here which often gives a neutral both-sides narrative of political issues had this as 1 of the 4 top headlines: FIONA HILL ASKS REPUBS TO STOP SPREADING CONSPIRACY THEORIES SHE SAYS ARE RUSSIAN TALKING POINTS

I actually jumped for joy because no way did I expect something like this. So many local people now have surely seen it too. Anyone here check their own local news headlines? Did they get anything as amazing as that?

The more that even local news links repubs with conspiracy theories, the better

by Anonymousreply 58November 22, 2019 9:36 AM

R52, FCI stands for “Former Congressional Intern,” one of our posters.

The takedown of MOOnes by Eric Swalwell at R49 was a delight to watch.

by Anonymousreply 59November 22, 2019 10:49 AM

I can't give any Republican the benefit of the doubt. Even if they aren't all compromised by Putin's money, they certainly know that that rot in their party goes beyond Trump (and Rohrabacher, as McCarthy said). They're all complicit in the selling of American sovereignty and the erosion of American constitutional government. Anthony Kennedy, Citizens United, and the whole plutocratic ethos have a lot to answer for.

by Anonymousreply 60November 22, 2019 11:04 AM

I also think the Republicans in the Senate will vote to replace.

We've talked about this before. If the Republican Senators vote to let him off the hook, then they are sending the message that any president - Democrat or Republican - can engage in self-dealing. The American people are not going to be okay with that.

And the re-election ads write themselves - Donald Trump was busted trying to bribe a foreign government to interfere in our elections. BUSTED. But Republican Senator [fill in the name] voted to let Trump off scot free. Would you or I have gone scot free? No - but we're not Republican fat cats protecting each other. Vote out the lawless Republican fat cats... yadda, yadda.

There are a bunch of Republican Senators who are in trouble at home - this will kill their re-election chances. Then there are a handful of Republican Senators who have actually expressed some unease at Trump's conduct. Between those two groups, that's about 13 Senators. All we need are seven more who are ready to see this shit-show come to an end, so the Republicans can regroup and recover before 2020. It's entirely doable. Then throw in some rich billionaire - hint, hint - buying ad time on Fox, running ads that highlight Trump's guilt, breaking through the wall of misinformation - voila, done deal.

by Anonymousreply 61November 22, 2019 11:09 AM

And as long as we're talking about re-election campaigns.... there are a lot of creative people on the internet. Why not start creating mock-ups of what the advertising would look like: Republican [Name] voted that it was okay for Trump to bribe a foreign government... do you think that's okay? If you don't think that's okay, vote out Republican [Name]. [Obviously, I am not a creative.]

The Republicans will immediately mirror the tactic. But that's okay - the controversy will guarantee media coverage, and the Republican Senators will be forced to put out statements that they respect the rule of law and bribery is not okay.

by Anonymousreply 62November 22, 2019 11:23 AM

R19 They didn't do polls back then like they do now.

by Anonymousreply 63November 22, 2019 11:49 AM

Claire McCaskill was saying ...this was yesterday..that she called around the Hill to her friends in the Senate but so far nobody has shifted. With the exception of those who may be inclined to vote for impeachment. Maybe Murkowski, Gardner, Collins. Even if we could get 3 I'd be happy. But they probably won't even show up to vote!

by Anonymousreply 64November 22, 2019 12:06 PM

Love the title OP. I wasn’t the person who requested song lyrics in the last thread, but that song makes me happy and hopeful, as does the intelligence and patriotism of the House Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 65November 22, 2019 12:16 PM

Love the title OP. I wasn’t the person who requested song lyrics in the last thread, but that song makes me happy and hopeful, as does the intelligence and patriotism of the House Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 66November 22, 2019 12:16 PM

[quote]The trolls are out in force tonight to make us doubt Pres Bone Spurs is going down to impeachment.

I don't know why they bother, since every Republican that's gotten in front of a TV camera the last month has acknowledged that Trump's going to be impeached.

He's just not going to be removed from office (by the Senate, that is - voters better damn well do the right thing in 2020).

by Anonymousreply 67November 22, 2019 12:20 PM

r23, r22 is a troll; please learn to recognize one.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 68November 22, 2019 12:21 PM

Miss Lindsey launches Senate probe of the Bidens and Burisma

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 22, 2019 12:57 PM

If the Senate subpoenas Hunter Biden, I’d love it if he told them that he doesn’t have to go and that they can go fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 70November 22, 2019 1:07 PM

NYT:

Trump Attacks Impeachment Inquiry and Accuses a Witness of Lying

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 22, 2019 2:25 PM

^ It's Fake Melania, I tell you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 22, 2019 2:27 PM

Keep in mind there are Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee. Though in the minority, Democrats will assure Miss Lindsey will get exposed on her motive. There will be blowback. Here's Kamala Harris' reaction on Colbert:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 22, 2019 2:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 22, 2019 2:52 PM

Of course the hearings will not change the minds of the people involved (McConnell, Graham, Nunes, etc.). A Deplorable will not change his mind, because of what happens in the hearings, because he's under the GOP's witch-hunt brainwashing spell.

This is about the public seeing that the Democratic Party is doing its job and drawing a line in the sand (Team Democracy vs. Team Putin and his puppet Trump).

by Anonymousreply 75November 22, 2019 3:01 PM

It's cost-benefit analysis. As hard as they work to clean up after him Trump just keeps shitting his pants. Do the Republicans really want five more years of this? Unless my worst nightmares are true and Putin really does have absolute control over them via bribes and kompromat.

by Anonymousreply 76November 22, 2019 3:10 PM

AP:

AG Barr: Epstein’s death was a ‘perfect storm of screw-ups’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 22, 2019 3:42 PM

r77, Perfectly designed and implemented.

by Anonymousreply 78November 22, 2019 3:58 PM

The Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee need a more aggressive ranking member. Dianne Feinstein was OK in working with Chuck Grassley who is very partisan GOP member, but would approach proceedings more systematically and inclusively, by rules, the old-school way. Graham has already broken procedural committee/Senate rules in railroading through a pro-Trump matter. Graham is sneaky, controlled externally, shows a long pattern of being a submissive, political sycophant to even an older man, and is a showman who craves attention and the media spotlight. He is condescending with women, and has hissyfits when things don't go his way or when he demands out of anger to nullify a level of resistance.

Have à Democratic ranking member who is energetically strong, cognitively sharp, and will take on Graham and company without reservation or undue deference.

When you are countering someone, metaphorically and symbolically speaking, behaving as some kind of incestuous daughter, you don't hold back in explaining the drive behind such behavior. When the current "daddy" and his foreign master is allegedly holding "dirt" over the subject, don't facilitate in keeping the perceptive, though unexplained and perhaps flawed, scenario being suppressed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79November 22, 2019 4:01 PM

Politico: Democratic establishment reaches boiling point with Tulsi Gabbard

Her performance at Wednesday’s debate earned an attaboy from the Trump War Room. And some rank-and-file Democrats are at wit's end with the congresswoman who Hillary Clinton called “the favorite of the Russians.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 22, 2019 4:05 PM

Politico:

Trump denies rumors he could replace Pence with Nikki Haley on 2020 ticket

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81November 22, 2019 4:06 PM

Yahoo: Trump says Kellyanne 'must have done some bad things' to George Conway

Kellyanne is great but she's married to a total wack job," Trump said. "She must've done some number on him, Ainsley. I don't know what Kellyanne did to that guy because I don't even know him. I met him for a second. He's got to be some kind of a nutjob because she must have done some bad things to him because that guy is crazy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82November 22, 2019 4:09 PM

Trump is the last person who should be calling people nutjobs.

by Anonymousreply 83November 22, 2019 4:28 PM

Harris should lead it.

by Anonymousreply 84November 22, 2019 4:29 PM

[quote]If the Republican Senators vote to let him off the hook, then they are sending the message that any president - Democrat or Republican - can engage in self-dealing. The American people are not going to be okay with that.

Please. Most of the rabid conservative "freedom and guns" "patriots" are MORE than OK with it.

by Anonymousreply 85November 22, 2019 4:49 PM

Trump had the possible traitor GOP senators to lunch at the WH the other day and listened to everything they wanted and they are all doing more quid pro quos. I kid you not!

by Anonymousreply 86November 22, 2019 4:59 PM

Unfortunately a lot of people in this country have no idea about international diplomacy. They either are stone ignorant, or they have the cynical views expressed by Mulvaney: "it's all quid pro quo so get over it." They think the deal making, the bullying, the way Trump conducts all his business is just the way it is in politics.

So these hearings are very valuable. Because we have seen real diplomats. Trained foreign service and intelligence, and National Security experts testifying, answering questions, explaining why it's important, and how it's supposed to work. When you see partisan hacks or jerks like Morrison and Sondland, they stand out from the rest, Vindman, Yovanovich, Hill, Holmes, etc. even Williams who worked on Pence's team. We have seen ethical, intelligent professionals who adhere to the law, the Constitution and the mission which is to protect our national security.

We even realize that the new President of Ukraine resisted Trump's extortionate pressure, and felt it was wrong to get involved in American domestic politics for as long as he could, in spite being in the middle of a war. I found that alone to be pretty remarkable. So IMO, these hearings are incredibly valuable, not just for their expressed purpose of gathering evidence, but also for the exposure it gives the American people to what real diplomacy looks like, and how important it is to have talented, committed people who have experience, good judgment and a clear understanding of how to conduct it.

Sondland came across as a real clueless asshole. And the patriotism, bravery and loyalty of our civil servants was very reassuring. The fact that they pushed back took a lot of courage. McConnell and the GOP led Senate can privately scheme and discuss their strategy, and pull every trick in the book, but they are going to look very bad in the eyes of the public, not just Americans, but people all over the world who are following this. If they were smart, they would force Trump to resign before they have to vote, because they are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 87November 22, 2019 5:05 PM

I agree with r75. The Democrats are fighting the good fight here. This impeachment inquiry had to be done not only because it was the right thing to do, but also to send a message to Trump, and teach the American public what a president can and cannot get away with.

I'm still under no illusion that the Senate will convict him though. The GOP senators are in far too deep. They're corrupt up to their eyeballs. Trump will take them all down too if they vote to convict, because he knows where the bodies are buried. As we've seen over the past few years, he immediately throws anybody who turns against him right under the bus.

So the options are as follows: you lie and stonewall and hope enough idiots believe you so that you win in 2020, or you go down in defeat in 2020 and say that voters made a choice. If you vote to convict Trump, he exposes all your crimes and you go to jail. I don't think a good portion of them are even motived by the 2020 election. Like Lindsey Graham, they're motivated by keeping their asses out of prison.

by Anonymousreply 88November 22, 2019 5:15 PM

I agree with the foreign service part, r87.

It's been an education to hear about how things are supposed to work with foreign diplomacy.

I had an idea how it was supposed to work but hearing everyone testify made me realize how many people are involved to prevent this shit from happening.

And, damn! We have some whip-smart people working for us and representing us abroad.

by Anonymousreply 89November 22, 2019 5:18 PM

[quote]Trump is the last person who should be calling people nutjobs.

Or the first as we know his particular mental illness requires him to project on to others the exact thing he is. Constantly.

by Anonymousreply 90November 22, 2019 5:36 PM

R90 Yep. “No puppet. No puppet. YOU’RE the puppet.”

by Anonymousreply 91November 22, 2019 5:45 PM

[quote] AG Barr: Epstein’s death was a ‘perfect storm of screw-ups’

It was perfect!

by Anonymousreply 92November 22, 2019 5:49 PM

Re: the Politico article linked at R80: did Clinton explicitly call Gabbard "the favorite of the Russians," or was that just a (correct) inference from her words? I seem to remember the latter.

by Anonymousreply 93November 22, 2019 5:55 PM

Lindsey runs away from veteran talking to him about why Trump needs to be impeached

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94November 22, 2019 5:59 PM

IIRC, Hillary said a certain female candidate was a favorite of the Russians.

She never said Gubbard’s name.

I believe the hoo-ha was the republicans bitching that Hillary said Gubbard was being groomed by/a favorite of the GOP, which she never said.

by Anonymousreply 95November 22, 2019 6:00 PM

Barr should step down or be investigated for Epstein's mishandling (among other things Barr has fucked up)

by Anonymousreply 96November 22, 2019 6:00 PM

Josh Marshall posted this possible Senate trial scenario by a former federal prosecutor. They think Dems may be able to get testimony and documents from Bolton, Mulvaney, etc. Still so many unanswered questions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 22, 2019 6:01 PM

Graham serves no one but himself. What a coward.

His choice to kowtow to Trump and Putin is HIS choice and his alone.

Hope that vet clip goes viral.

by Anonymousreply 98November 22, 2019 6:03 PM

Here you go, R93

I’ll hunt for the Repugs bullshit pretzel response to Hillary’s comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99November 22, 2019 6:10 PM

What a piece of shit Mz. Lindz is. Can’t stand up and defend his position.

Also, he looks like an old man, stooped over.

by Anonymousreply 100November 22, 2019 6:11 PM

R54 Moscow McConnell and Leningrad Lindsay are up for re-election. Jamie Harrison is running against Leningrad and Amy Mc Grath is running against Moscow.

by Anonymousreply 101November 22, 2019 6:13 PM

R79 probably also endlessly whined about how Nancy Pelosi was just too old and we should put AOC in charge of everything! Feinstein was the one who when everyone said, "We can't release that transcript!" replied with, "Watch me!" and then did it. These old women kick ass and take names. Learn your lesson well.

All the old men on the other hand..."Please, Herr Drumpf, may we crawl further up your ass?!"

by Anonymousreply 102November 22, 2019 6:22 PM

What matters to smart people:

[quote]HILL on Sondland: "He was being involved in a domestic policy errand, and we were being involved in national security/foreign policy. And those two things had just diverged."

What matters to stupid people:

[quote]He doesn't give a shit about Ukraine.

We'll have to see where that leaves us with the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 103November 22, 2019 6:26 PM

[quote]IIRC, Hillary said a certain female candidate was a favorite of the Russians.

[quote]She never said Gubbard’s name.

Gabbard was very helpful in this instance by immediately responding along the lines of 'I'm not a Russian puppet! Not a puppet! You're the puppet!" thereby confirming exactly that everyone, including Gabbard herself, knew right away who Hillary was talking about when she claimed someone seemed to smell a little too much like borscht.

by Anonymousreply 104November 22, 2019 6:32 PM

I do declare, Miss Lindsey is getting the vapors!

by Anonymousreply 105November 22, 2019 6:43 PM

Miss Lindsey has an immense re-election war chest from corporate and other special interests donors, including amounts disguised from foreign stuff channeled into pacs Most of it is from outside South Carolina that doesn't have a huge and wealthy electorate He and McConnell lead in contributions Both can be beaten, but Democratic and independent voters, particularly AAs, must show way above normal turnout at the polls

As much as Graham shows her ass, local newspapers and local TV news and radio coverage, show very little confrontation of Lindsey's antics

After the early Democratic primary, South Carolina is largely forgotten on the national stage.

by Anonymousreply 106November 22, 2019 6:48 PM

^Don't know why the periods didn't show. Odd.

by Anonymousreply 107November 22, 2019 6:51 PM

Yeah, Hillary never named names, Tulsi outed herself. How's that lawsuit of hers going? The one where she's trying to make Hillary read off a script that says that Hillary admires Tulsi?

And frankly, I think there are SEVERAL candidates that Russia is artificially bumping up support for, and not just female.

by Anonymousreply 108November 22, 2019 7:08 PM

r92, and so conveeeeeeenient......

by Anonymousreply 109November 22, 2019 7:30 PM

Ah do declare! Mr. Joseph Biden and his son have proven themselves to be first class scoundrels which is why I've opened an investigation into them! (Also, they turned down requests to be my latest gentleman callers)

by Anonymousreply 110November 22, 2019 8:03 PM

Speaking of Miss Lindsey, Joe But den has responded to her.

Miss Linsey have regrets, Joe? She has thrown all old friends under the bus who are not part of the Trump cartel. She even betrayed her close "pal", John McCain, during his last months of earthly life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 22, 2019 8:28 PM

Biden camp is flinging and he shit back at Miss Lindsey & Trump.

[quote]Joe Biden’s presidential campaign accused Sen. Lindsey Graham of having “forfeited his conscience” for requesting State Department records concerning the former vice president’s efforts to oust a corrupt Ukrainian prosecutor in 2016.

[quote]The broadside against Graham signaled a new phase of the Biden campaign’s counterattack against President Donald Trump — whose attempts to have Biden and his son investigated in Ukraine have led to his looming impeachment — by pointing out that congressional Republicans saw no scandal regarding the Bidens until it became a political issue for Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 22, 2019 8:37 PM

Mz. Lindz has no shame. La Senatrice sold whatever meager amount of dignity that she may have once had to the highest bidder — or the one with the most damaging photos.

by Anonymousreply 113November 22, 2019 8:41 PM

NYT:

Russia Inquiry Review Is Said to Criticize F.B.I. but Rebuff Claims of Biased Acts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 22, 2019 8:46 PM

NYT:

Charges of Ukrainian Meddling? A Russian Operation, U.S. Intelligence Says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115November 22, 2019 8:47 PM

Hunter Biden should leak some pictures of Lindsey servicing male hustlers

by Anonymousreply 116November 22, 2019 8:48 PM

From FUX: Kellyanne Conway's husband says she's an 'enabler' of 'criminal' Trump

George Conway, the husband of top White House adviser Kellyanne Conway, said on Friday that his wife was an "enabler" and "cheerleader" for President Trump, who George Conway has repeatedly described as mentally ill and accused of criminal conduct.

When someone tweeted those labels about his wife, George Conway responded: "she's both."

The Twitter user was responding to George Conway's previous tweet predicting that people would come to see Trump as both a "psychologically unwell man" and a "criminal."

Kellyanne Conway did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment.

The tweets were the latest in a series indicating tension between one of the president's top advisers and her husband.

George Conway was responding to President Trump's Friday appearance on "Fox & Friends." During that appearance, Trump said: "Kellyanne is great but she's married to a total whack job." Although the pair's marriage has come up multiple times in the press, Friday's interview included some of the most direct remarks by the president and George Conway on his marriage.

Trump, for example, suggested to Fox News that Kellyanne Conway was responsible for her husband's alleged mental instability.

"She must have done some number on him ... I don't know what Kellyanne did to that guy because I don't even know him ... She must have done some bad things to him because that guy is crazy."

by Anonymousreply 117November 22, 2019 9:13 PM

HuffPost:

Over 20 Democratic Senators Call On Stephen Miller To Resign White House Post

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118November 22, 2019 9:36 PM

^

Of the 53 Republican senators contacted by HuffPost regarding Miller’s white nationalism, only one responded directly.

“I’m unfamiliar with the whole issue,” Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.) said. His office did not respond to subsequent HuffPost emails asking whether Cramer would bother to make himself familiar with how a white nationalist helps shape America’s immigration policy.

The office of Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) did not respond to a HuffPost request for comment, even though the leaked emails show Miller holding a particular animus for the Cuban-American lawmaker.

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah), responding to a question from a HuffPost reporter in Washington, said he would like Miller to “more fully describe his involvement with that movement.”

“I know the president gets to choose who’s around him, but I don’t think that reflects as well as it might,” he said in the interview.

The White House did not respond to a HuffPost request for comment on this story.

by Anonymousreply 119November 22, 2019 9:55 PM

Marco Rubio is the most spineless politician this side of Ted Cruz. How can he defend Miller when Miller targeted him?

by Anonymousreply 120November 22, 2019 10:05 PM

CNN:

Trump administration seizing border wall land

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121November 22, 2019 10:21 PM

CNN:

Biden: Lindsey Graham will 'regret his whole life' doing Trump's bidding on Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122November 22, 2019 10:22 PM

This is all softening me towards Biden and I don't want to like Biden, I don't like his political history, I don't like many of his middling positions, I don't like him as a candidate. But the combination of the stuttering article with this, yes, witch hunt against him and his rational kindness towards Graham is fucking making me like him.

by Anonymousreply 123November 22, 2019 11:13 PM

Yeah, doesn’t mean he’d be a good President, R123.

by Anonymousreply 124November 22, 2019 11:31 PM

Miss Thang has not been on Twitter today That is unusual. Her last Twitter correspondence was yesterday, advertising her Hannity appearance that afternoon. She's a near daily Fox News guest with Hannity and she appears often with Martha MacCallum and Maria Bartiromo.

Miss Thang is hiding since her flamboyant declarations yesterday. She thought wrong that she would escape negative press.

The kompromat must be weighing heavy on her. Her popularity in SC is declining. It wasn't ever great.

by Anonymousreply 125November 22, 2019 11:43 PM

Trump would be terrified to debate Buttigieg. Insults roll off him and his quick comebacks are piercing.

The only advantage Trump could have is height. But his obesity, orange skin, fox-tail hair, and facial scowl, will counter anything positive physically.

by Anonymousreply 126November 22, 2019 11:57 PM

So you'd take Trump instead if Biden is the nominee, R124?

by Anonymousreply 127November 23, 2019 12:04 AM

And yet just 4 years ago Miss Lindsey could get choked up while praising Joe Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128November 23, 2019 12:10 AM

USA Today:

Shepard Smith decries 'press vilification' in first speech since leaving Fox News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129November 23, 2019 12:17 AM

If the Senate fails to convict and Trump wins a second term, could the House impeach him again on new charges? You know there will be some.

by Anonymousreply 130November 23, 2019 12:19 AM

Cheeto turns Camp David into "adult playground" to woo GOP lawmakers during impeachment inquiry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131November 23, 2019 12:19 AM

r130, Actually, yes.

But l'd rather just kick him out of the White House next fall through the ballot box.

by Anonymousreply 132November 23, 2019 12:25 AM

R132 So would I, but it makes me feel better that we wouldn’t have to put up with 4 more years.

by Anonymousreply 133November 23, 2019 12:27 AM

That of course also assumes the Democrats keep the House, which I think they will.

by Anonymousreply 134November 23, 2019 12:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135November 23, 2019 12:29 AM

[quote]How can he defend Miller when Miller targeted him?

Are you joking? Look at how many continue to support Dotard after he straight up targeted all of them during the primaries, including Rubio!

by Anonymousreply 136November 23, 2019 12:30 AM

Daily News:

Giuliani associate Lev Parnas claims to have 'hard evidence' of wrongdoing for Trump impeachment inquiry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137November 23, 2019 12:43 AM

[quote]Are you joking? Look at how many continue to support Dotard after he straight up targeted all of them during the primaries, including Rubio!

Is there anyone more pathetic than Ted Cruz, who continued to suck up to Trump after Dotard called Ted's wife ugly and suggested that his father had been involved in the Kennedy assassination?

by Anonymousreply 138November 23, 2019 12:47 AM

Interesting R137. There is no honor among thieves. I hope Parnas spills all the tea on Devin Nunes.

by Anonymousreply 139November 23, 2019 12:55 AM

Im sure hes looking for some sort of Immunity to cooperate.

by Anonymousreply 140November 23, 2019 12:58 AM

Trump said on TV today...

“A lot of it had to do, they say, with Ukraine. It’s vey interesting, very interesting. They have the server, right, from the DNC, THE Democratic National Committee.

(Who has the server?)

The FBI went in, and they said ‘get out of here, we’re not giving it to you. They give the server to Crowdstrike, or whatever it’s called, which is a company owned by a very wealthy Ukrainian. And I still want to see that sever. You know the FBI has never gotten that server. That’s a big part of this whole thing. Why did they give it to a Ukrainian company?

(Are you sure they did?)

Well, that’s what the word is...”

Trump is completely delusional.

by Anonymousreply 141November 23, 2019 1:02 AM

Trump wants to pull out of NATO. He’s obviously working for Putin. How can there be any doubt at this point?

by Anonymousreply 142November 23, 2019 1:07 AM

Trump is insane but for some reason, the whole Republican party has lost their minds. They have turned our whole future into trash. I hate the voters who support him.

by Anonymousreply 143November 23, 2019 1:11 AM

Trump is insane but for some reason, the whole Republican party has lost their minds. They have turned our whole future into trash. I hate the voters who support him.

by Anonymousreply 144November 23, 2019 1:11 AM

[quote] R29: Yes, I am being defeatist but the Dems never seem to go mercilessly for blood like the Republicans do.

I think the just-concluded intelligence committee hearings should qualify as “mercilessly for blood”.

by Anonymousreply 145November 23, 2019 1:14 AM

This is Off topic, but today is Friday November 22nd. Fifty-six years ago on this day,Friday November 22nd,President Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, which was,at that time a hotbed of Extreme Right political turbulence. It was a more innocent time. an exceptional And I think we can have a real appreciation of The Presidency when it was a respected institution. I'm not talking about what we now think we know about JFK or LBJ. I'm talking about then, in 1963. I decided to watch one of the best movies I've ever seen about the event. If you get Amazon Prime, it's free with Prime. The movie is called, "Parkland." I think it is extremely well done.

by Anonymousreply 146November 23, 2019 1:15 AM

[quote] R62: there are a lot of creative people on the internet. Why not start creating mock-ups of what the advertising would look like:

TRUMP - REPEAL and REPLACE

by Anonymousreply 147November 23, 2019 1:26 AM

It bothers me that I heard on the news that Washington leaders are "waiting to hear public opinion" on the Ukranian matter. MOST OF OUR COUNTRY DOES NOT EVEN VOTE! They are not lawyers, they are not experts in foreign relations/security, and most haven't even read the Constitution.

Even if a lot of the public isn't outraged, or doesn't see this sort of bribery as a problem, doesn't mean it's not a MAJOR VIOLATION!

by Anonymousreply 148November 23, 2019 1:30 AM

[quote] R69, Miss Lindsey launches Senate probe of the Bidens and Burisma.

Its time we “launch” an investigation of Sen. Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 149November 23, 2019 1:46 AM

[italic]LOCK 'ER UP!

by Anonymousreply 150November 23, 2019 1:55 AM

Could this Nunes thing be a turning point? Finally? Seems pretty indefensible - and outrageous. Plus Parnas probably has a lot more info.

by Anonymousreply 151November 23, 2019 1:59 AM

NYT is now reporting that Senators and their aides have recently been briefed by intelligence officials that the Ukraine 2016 election meddling story was definitely created by Russia. No word on whether House members received the same briefing, but if so then Nunes, Jordan, etc have been knowingly spreading Russian propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 152November 23, 2019 2:02 AM

NYT is now reporting that Senators and their aides have recently been briefed by intelligence officials that the Ukraine 2016 election meddling story was definitely created by Russia. No word on whether House members received the same briefing, but if so then Nunes, Jordan, etc have been knowingly spreading Russian propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 153November 23, 2019 2:02 AM

They have been anyway r153. You really think Nunes, Jordan and the others don't realize this Ukraine thing is complete bullshit?

Especially Nunes; did you see what that reporter on Cuomo's show tonight just revealed?

Seems like old Devin might have been up to his old sneaky tricks once again.

by Anonymousreply 154November 23, 2019 2:06 AM

My prediction is that Trump will become more and more delusional and destructive as the process continues. I can also see him starting a conflict with a weaker country, to try to stir-up domestic support.

Hitler, (like Trump), also required an oath of allegiance to him personally, not to the German people nor German nation. He refused to surrender, and at the end, he blamed the German people for failing him, personally, and who deserved all the hardship they get. I can see Trump doing something similar.

by Anonymousreply 155November 23, 2019 2:15 AM

r155, If Trump starts doing anything like that then it is time to invoke the 25th Amendment and get him out of office in anyway possible.

The problem is of course, that PENCE has to be the one to start that ball rolling; you think there's any chance that he will?

We would be well and truly fucked.

by Anonymousreply 156November 23, 2019 2:18 AM

They are talking about the Nunes bombshell on "The Last Word" right now on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 157November 23, 2019 2:20 AM

Nunes meeting with Shokin in Vienna?

Is Vienna the nexus between Moscow and DC?

by Anonymousreply 158November 23, 2019 2:24 AM

The best thing the GOP could do for themselves is to get rid of Trump as quickly as possible. They’ll still have Pence and the Presidency, until the next election, if not longer. Then they have a year of President Pence to wipe the stench off the WH.

If Pence gets removed, too, and it sounds like he should, that’s another matter.

by Anonymousreply 159November 23, 2019 2:25 AM

[quote] R154: Especially Nunes; did you see what that reporter on Cuomo's show tonight just revealed?

What was said? Do you have a clip?

by Anonymousreply 160November 23, 2019 2:27 AM

A few random thoughts as I try to catch up with the news:

General consensus: Schiff did a spectacular job with these hearings.

What everybody else said about the witnesses. Encouraging to see such honest, sharp people working for our govt.

I'm about to enter Thanksgiving week coping with several family Trumpanzees, which has put me in an awful mood. Hearing how public winds are shifting lifts my spirits.

The Josh Marshall news about Congress possibly using the impeachment trial to compel testimony is interesting. If Cheeto starts to ignore sc rulings, however...

by Anonymousreply 161November 23, 2019 2:34 AM

The Nunes stuff sounded a lot sexier on Cuomo than it did on The Last Word.

by Anonymousreply 162November 23, 2019 2:35 AM

Sexier ?.....really ?

by Anonymousreply 163November 23, 2019 2:37 AM

R160, this is probably what was discussed: Les Parnas is revealing more about his travels with Devin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 23, 2019 2:42 AM

MOOOOOOO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165November 23, 2019 2:46 AM

Oh wow! MSNBC reporting State Dept is releasing documents in response to a FOIA request.

by Anonymousreply 166November 23, 2019 2:47 AM

SHIFTING WINDSH LIFT MY SHPIRITSH TOO!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167November 23, 2019 2:50 AM

[quote]Oh wow! MSNBC reporting State Dept is releasing documents in response to a FOIA request.

If Pompeo is allowing it, it's something filled with edits, redactions, and lies.

by Anonymousreply 168November 23, 2019 2:53 AM

Was Trump paying Giuliani legal fees for his extended involvement in the ongoing Ukraine discussions?

Mr. Giuliani represents and advocates for his client, not the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 169November 23, 2019 2:54 AM

You know the more information that comes out and the more people implicated, and connect this to what's happening in Europe and other countries, this shit is way bigger than Trump. We have to get the Republicans out of office, root and stem, all of them. and we need to take a hard look at some of the democrats. We also need to pass laws to deal with the fake news and the propaganda, and look at the way money has corrupted politics. At this point I'm in favor of expanding the SCOTUS too. And we certainly need to address the corruption of our institutions. When you have a corrupt motherfucker like Barr running DoJ and his cockeyed version of the law that kind of shit can't stand There has to be a mechanism for getting someone like him out. Impeachment of cabinet officials is too cumbersome. And Damn we have to deal with the voter suppression and gerrymandering, cyber security, ballot security, etc. Our government has become so porous we were like the proverbial "birdnest on the ground." It's as if this has been in the works for years, we were set up like pieces on a chessboard. The FCC was deregulated, and viola' Fox News. Citizens United and Dark Money floods politics. No regulation on social media and we have foreign bots manipulating people. No educational requirements to understand government or American History, or the Constitution. It's terrible. Reagan used to talk about the good old days. Well there are some things that used to work dammit. We need them back.

by Anonymousreply 170November 23, 2019 2:56 AM

One hundred documents released to American Oversight from the State Dept linking Giuliani & Mike Pompeo & WH assistant Westerhouser. They are expecting to get even more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171November 23, 2019 2:57 AM

Per MSNBC: American Oversight: Ukraine Info "Reveals a Clear Paper Trail" From Giuliani to the White House.

A smoking gun? Finally?

by Anonymousreply 172November 23, 2019 2:59 AM

[quote]The FCC was deregulated, and viola' Fox News.

Don't bring me into this bullshit! Fuck a bunch of Fox News!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173November 23, 2019 3:00 AM

There are dozens of FOIA applications still pending! Court has ordered State Dept to respond and they are.

by Anonymousreply 174November 23, 2019 3:01 AM

Thank God for the FOIA.

You know the fuckin' Republicans want to get rid of that one next.

Especially now...hee

by Anonymousreply 175November 23, 2019 3:04 AM

"Thank God for the FOIA."

I'm working on legislation to get rid of the FOIA- perhaps as soon as Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 176November 23, 2019 3:07 AM

Madeleine Westerhout IS Rose Mary Woods!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177November 23, 2019 3:07 AM

r175, not true. Judicial Watch, the evil wealthy endowed version has used FOIA to crawl up the asses of the Clintons and many other Democrats.

They will never get rid of FOIA because of Judicial Watch's malevolent use of the law.

by Anonymousreply 178November 23, 2019 3:10 AM

When you have time, watch this doc. on Trump/Russia and what they have planned. It's possible Russia started grooming Trump to be POTUS as far back as the 90s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179November 23, 2019 3:11 AM

American Oversight - This is the watchdog org that got the documents, but their website keeps crashing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180November 23, 2019 3:12 AM

r180, Because everybody is trying to download the documents.

by Anonymousreply 181November 23, 2019 3:13 AM

Well if the website is crashing it could also mean it is being crashed deliberately. You know that's the next thing that will happen. Actively blocking our access to information.

by Anonymousreply 182November 23, 2019 3:17 AM

Well, obviously Congress will be able to obtain all the docs that are released. Too bad they weren’t in time for the hearings.

by Anonymousreply 183November 23, 2019 3:31 AM

r183, they are in time for the Oversight and Judiciary investigations, prior to Judiciary writing the Impeachment Articles.

by Anonymousreply 184November 23, 2019 3:38 AM

Bret Stephens, NYT: Trump should be impeached and removed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185November 23, 2019 3:40 AM

[quote]r185 Bret Stephens, NYT: Trump should be impeached and removed

I thought this said [bold]Brett Somers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186November 23, 2019 3:44 AM

From article at r185

[quote]We’ve been living in a country undergoing its own dismal process of Ukrainianization: of treating fictions as facts; and propaganda as journalism; and political opponents as criminals; and political offices as business ventures; and personal relatives as diplomatic representatives; and legal fixers as shadow cabinet members; and extortion as foreign policy; and toadyism as patriotism; and fellow citizens as “human scum”; and mortal enemies as long-lost friends — and then acting as if all this is perfectly normal. This is more than a high crime. It’s a clear and present danger to our security, institutions, and moral hygiene.

by Anonymousreply 187November 23, 2019 3:48 AM

[quote]One hundred documents released to American Oversight from the State Dept linking Giuliani & Mike Pompeo & WH assistant Westerhouser. They are expecting to get even more.

Even with the FOIA order, I think the fact that they complied at all without trying to fight it to the Supreme Court like they've done with everything else, means that they've concluded that the only defense they have is that there was nothing wrong done here. They'll point to the fact that they gave these documents to show that they obviously have nothing to hide. The Repug echo chamber will coalesce around those soundbites. "Well, of course this was done. Standard operating procedure. Nothing to see here. You can tell because we gave you the documents that prove that it was all done in an official manner. It's the president's choice how to conduct foreign policy. Blahblahblah." We'll see if it works.

Personally, I wish there was something more easily understandable by the dunces in America. They hear "Ukraine" and check out. They don't care what Trump did to some "forners".

by Anonymousreply 188November 23, 2019 3:49 AM

Cuomo’s editorial about the impeachment:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189November 23, 2019 4:19 AM

R179 [" It's possible Russia started grooming Trump to be POTUS as far back as the 90s."]

It's not possible, it's factual.

by Anonymousreply 190November 23, 2019 4:26 AM

Hannity Dominates Thursday Night Primetime, Netting Well Over 4 Million Viewers After 5th Day of Impeachment Hearings

According to Nielsen data, Hannity saw 4.607 million viewers overall and 666,000 viewers in the coveted adults aged 25-54 demographic. Fellow Fox News host Tucker Carlson was not far behind with 3.968 million viewers overall and 643,000 viewers in the demo for Tucker Carlson Tonight.

Over on MSNBC, Rachel Maddow’s program netted 3.645 million overall viewers and 640,000 viewers in the A25-54 demo. The shows followed the day’s testimony of Fiona Hill and David Holmes’ testimony, who are the last witnesses currently scheduled to testify publicly in the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191November 23, 2019 4:32 AM

[quote] One hundred documents released to American Oversight from the State Dept linking Giuliani & Mike Pompeo & WH assistant Westerhouser. They are expecting to get even more.

This release was not approved by the White House or the Attorney General. It was a direct Federal Court order to produce them and the State Dept complied.

by Anonymousreply 192November 23, 2019 4:54 AM

From Twitter - BREAKING: @TheDemCoalition just filed a House Ethics complaint against @RepDevinNunes for abuse of office which violates House Rule XXIII (1), following reports that he met with a Ukrainian prosecutor to get dirt on @JoeBiden during an official overseas trip.

by Anonymousreply 193November 23, 2019 4:57 AM

When I worked in local government, long ago in another century, I was on the staff of some project that the top guy screwed up. He was our boss, a political appointment. Anyway, the newspapers got wind of it and were investigating and eventually they filed a FOIA request. Our boss thought he could ignore it. THey he cited some special circumstance about them being "working documents" and not available for press review and comment. Anyway, the news papers sued, he went to court, the judge ruled against us. For a while it looked like he was going to throw three of us under the bus even though we had no power to make decisions. So when he directed us to prepare the documents for the news media, in file boxes, (three years worth) I made sure to slip into the box his personal files which were in another cabinet. Hah! he got busted and had to resign. Gross incompetence implicated by his own papers. He bitched about how his f iles could have possibly gotten mixed with the project files, and "no one knew." For a minute I thought he was going to fire all of us. But he was the one who got fired.

by Anonymousreply 194November 23, 2019 5:01 AM

R192 and R193 are great news. It’s exactly how you take out a corrupt despot. One leak after another. With time, it will become a landslide of damning evidence against Trump and his fascist regime.

by Anonymousreply 195November 23, 2019 5:03 AM

[quote]Hannity Dominates Thursday Night Primetime, Netting Well Over 4 Million Viewers After 5th Day of Impeachment Hearings

Why is this headline followed by an accounting of him getting about the same numbers as Maddow, especially considering that about 50% of his audience is sleeping, mouth agape, in their easy chairs with their hands in their high waistbands while Faux News blares in the background, unheard because they turned their hearing aides off?

by Anonymousreply 196November 23, 2019 6:05 AM

This:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197November 23, 2019 6:17 AM

Yesterday, Fiona Hill warned Congress about popularizing the false Russian narrative that it was Ukraine that interfered with the 2016 election, when in fact it was the Russians.

Today, Trump repeated the same old conspiracy theories. He even thinks that Hillary’s server was in Ukraine. He should be removed from office just for this stupidity. (If you don’t already know, you can destroy a server in Chappaqua NY if that’s your goal. You don’t ship it across the world.)

by Anonymousreply 198November 23, 2019 6:22 AM

Speaking of servers, what ever happened to that one in the basement of Trump Tower with a direct line to Alfa Bank, aka Russia?

by Anonymousreply 199November 23, 2019 6:39 AM

R32 Joel Kinnaman looks more like him.

by Anonymousreply 200November 23, 2019 6:40 AM

Swalwell made the move to the next level in exposing the corruption of Trump supporters.

Nunes first, whose next?

by Anonymousreply 201November 23, 2019 7:25 AM

My dream is for a high-speed chase ala O.J. Simpson resulting in Trump's arrest, conviction, forced into an orange jumpsuit, and rot in jail for the rest of his life. Is that too much to ask?

by Anonymousreply 202November 23, 2019 8:21 AM

The DoJ is in turmoil. Barr has turned it into a mess.

by Anonymousreply 203November 23, 2019 8:32 AM

Bumbling Rudy and Bone Spurs, beyond disgustingly corrupt, are extraordinarily inept in orchestrating a sinister plot. These old farts will be held in disgrace for the ages.

Even in the deepest of red States, anyone think any streets or elementary schools will be named in honor of Trump?

These two are NYC characters. Name the city dump after Giuliani and Trump.

by Anonymousreply 204November 23, 2019 8:51 AM

Udder Treason, oh my....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205November 23, 2019 9:02 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206November 23, 2019 9:08 AM

Bravo, r194! Well done!

Some things are just too onerous to overlook

by Anonymousreply 207November 23, 2019 9:11 AM

Speaking of Dem senators with a backbone, I never heard reference to the WH blocking subpoenas while I was watching the hearings.

Was that ever referenced?

by Anonymousreply 208November 23, 2019 9:26 AM

George Conway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209November 23, 2019 10:32 AM

Who she be talking to?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210November 23, 2019 10:45 AM

@Tedlieu: The @StateDept documents recently released to American Oversight further confirms Ambassador Sondland's testimony that "everybody knew what we were doing and why."

Giuliani was not freelancing. Sondland was not freelancing. They were executing what @realDonaldTrump wanted.

by Anonymousreply 211November 23, 2019 11:20 AM

@Tedlieu: The @StateDept documents recently released to American Oversight further confirms Ambassador Sondland's testimony that "everybody knew what we were doing and why."

Giuliani was not freelancing. Sondland was not freelancing. They were executing what @realDonaldTrump wanted.

by Anonymousreply 212November 23, 2019 11:20 AM

Sorry, that posted twice- I got an error message.

by Anonymousreply 213November 23, 2019 11:21 AM

Nunes is a direct, active part of the scan. Is Kevin McCarthy going to remove him from the Oversight Committee and anything else pertaining to the investigation? Pelosi needs to demand it from McCarthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214November 23, 2019 11:27 AM

Both the Nunes story & the documents release will help keep people’s attention on the impeachment. Drip, drip, drip.

by Anonymousreply 215November 23, 2019 11:33 AM

Do you guys know what consequences Nunes could face from this ethics complaint? Some article said he violated some rule, but what are the consequences? Could he be forced to resign or will he only get a warning or something like that? Also, were any of those meetings illegal or could he face criminal charges?

And the ranking member of a committee that investigates foreign interference was on his own mission to dig up dirt on the president's opponent. He was sitting in all these hearings and was spreading his lies and false narrative while he already knew that CNN was investigating the story and asked him multiple times for comment. It's unbelievable how corrupt these people are and without an ounce of shame. You really can't make this shit up. It's like watching a bad political thriller about corrupt politicians in Washington - but this is actually real life.

by Anonymousreply 216November 23, 2019 11:48 AM

Really R216! Talk about the fox watching the henhouse! It is all so fucked and corrupt!

by Anonymousreply 217November 23, 2019 12:18 PM

It horrifies me to think what they will do if they win in 2020. We can't allow it. Every state is a separate election. We have to put excessive pressure on our state legislatures and our governors, secretaries of state and attorneys general. ALL of them. And we have to be scary and relentless. Every where they go. find the groups in your state who are working on Ballot security, and ballot issues and join them, support them. States are purging hundreds of thousands of voters from their voter rolls, so get going. I know the ACLU is raising hell and so is MoveOn and Indivisible.

by Anonymousreply 218November 23, 2019 12:19 PM

I assume that Tucker Carlson's 3.968 million viewers were also among Hannity's 4.607 million viewers. Still, a sad commentary on our misinformed public.

To add to R188: the administration is going to dig in, implicitly confessing to crimes so that when he's acquitted by the Senate, it will seem an exoneration and de facto legalization of this corruption. They're gambling on having enough of a mindless, conscienceless deplorable base that it won't get (much) blowback at the polls.

by Anonymousreply 219November 23, 2019 12:34 PM

[quote]And yet just 4 years ago Miss Lindsey could get choked up while praising Joe Biden.

Scott Conroy, the man who conducted that interview:

I barely mentioned Biden's name, and he just went off like this, almost entirely unprompted. I'd never been around a politician speaking in such a heartfelt, obviously genuine way about another politician--let alone a politician from another party.

I spent a lot of time with Lindsey during his presidential campaign (which , again, was an actual thing), and let me assure you: Lindsey Graham thinks that Donald Trump is a bully, demagogue, clown, a national joke. It's another thing he'd bring up frequently, unprompted.

I've spent a lot of time wondering how someone with any integrity could beclown themselves so fully by boosting a President they know is a dangerous buffoon. And the most reasonable answer is the simplest: He wants to feel powerful/important, as he's said himself. That's it.

Lindsey's been a politician for essentially his whole adult life and he cannot imagine doing anything else. He likes when people call him "Senator." He likes riding on Air Force 1. He likes sitting on a golf cart with the big, doughy man. That's the reason. It's sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 220November 23, 2019 12:36 PM

Or the Russians have him by the throat.

by Anonymousreply 221November 23, 2019 12:39 PM

[quote]Les Parnas is revealing more about his travels with Devin.

Breitbart reports that Nunes will sue CNN and Daily Beast for reporting this news.

That's in addition to his ongoing lawsuits against Twitter, the McClatchy media group, journalist Ryan Lizza, Esquire Magazine, the nonprofit Center for Accountability, Republican strategist Liz Mair, @DevinCow and @DevinNunesMom.

by Anonymousreply 222November 23, 2019 12:41 PM

[quote]Do you guys know what consequences Nunes could face from this ethics complaint? Some article said he violated some rule, but what are the consequences? Could he be forced to resign or will he only get a warning or something like that?

The full House can vote to expel him.

by Anonymousreply 223November 23, 2019 12:45 PM

The president is spending another weekend working 'round the clock to better the lives of the American people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224November 23, 2019 12:50 PM

SO LET'S SEE SHALL WE:.. your boss insults your husband every day, says that YOU must have done bad things to him for him to be a nutjob and your still staying in your job kellyanne? is that how it works in a marriage?...

all the repubs in the cult? nearly all of them HAD careers before they ran for office, nearly all of them have degrees of some sort, which means ALL OF THEM COULD COULD IF THEY WANTED TO leave politics and make money and have careers in the public or private sector! and YET? they stay? WHY?...

it's one thing to truly not have any career or job opportunities if they would leave political office, but this is NOT the case, so what sane reason could it be for them to be in a cult and stay in it?... unless yes they are compromised, blackmailed or simply bad human beings in various ways..

by Anonymousreply 225November 23, 2019 1:03 PM

If democracy is really on fire, why are Barack, George, Bill and Jimmy so quiet? We know the convention that an ex President shouldn't criticize the current one, or each other, but THERE IS AN EMERGENCY. Maybe it's just not as bad as people are feeling it is.

by Anonymousreply 226November 23, 2019 1:05 PM

Jimmy hasn't been that quiet. George is still a Republican asshole.

by Anonymousreply 227November 23, 2019 1:07 PM

R226: i'm wondering why obama and hillary havent' sued him for slander and libel yet? the things he has said and continues to say about them! maybe their waiting until he leaves office by any means and then they'll do it?.. i don't know..

by Anonymousreply 228November 23, 2019 1:09 PM

R226 is right, they should complain more, but they’re obviously trying not to get personal attacks on themselves and their families. Trump would attack every one of them, including the Republicans, if they spoke against him. And then a bunch of old guys would get death threats. The Secret Service would be hard put to protect every spouse and family member from all the threats.

And no, R226, it’s actually worse than it seems. A lot worse. Stuff is coming out every day. My guess is once even one or two of these additional witnesses comes forward, the logjam will break and more will come forward. If Bolton says stuff on twitter, for example, other people who were there may elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 229November 23, 2019 1:11 PM

R228, it’s really hard for a public figure to sue about slander. The rules are different. And they don’t want to get into it in an election year. “Poor little Trumpy, those mean Dems are suing him.”

by Anonymousreply 230November 23, 2019 1:13 PM

Trump couldn't get Ukraine to announce an investigation against the Bidens, so his GOP is stepping up.

Reuters: The Republican chairmen of two U.S. Senate committees have asked the Treasury Department, in a letter, for possible reports of money laundering or fraud on the business dealings of former Vice President Joe Biden’s son with a Ukraine energy firm.

It was unclear if any such reports exist regarding Hunter Biden, the former vice president’s son. There letter gave no evidence that Hunter Biden engaged in suspicious activity that would have been covered by such reports.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231November 23, 2019 1:19 PM

[quote]Is Vienna the nexus between Moscow and DC?

Vienna is the European DC - notorious spy central throughout the Cold War to this day.

Also, a lot of ex-communist apparatchiks turned 'businessmen' had 'companies' and went to reside there, and the oligarchs followed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232November 23, 2019 1:33 PM

I think the best option for Republicans is to vote to impeach and remove BOTH Trump and Pence (who has been implicated in this mess). The resulting right-wing outrage with President Pelosi would result in Republicans sweeping everything in 2020, since Democratic and Independent turnout would return to its usual mediocre levels in 2020 ( you know, because they would just assume that everything was fine again).

by Anonymousreply 233November 23, 2019 1:33 PM

Looks like the Repugs are planning some strategic personnel changes:

"In recent weeks, they have put the weight of the presidency behind an effort to persuade Georgia’s governor to appoint Representative Doug Collins, currently the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, to the state’s soon-to-be vacant Senate seat.

Mr. Collins has actively jockeyed for the appointment, which would not only put a reliable defender of the president into a key Senate position before a trial, but could allow someone like Representative Jim Jordan of Ohio or Representative John Ratcliffe of Texas, pugnacious faces of Mr. Trump’s impeachment defense so far, to replace Mr. Collins on the House Judiciary Committee as the impeachment process shifts there.

The ascension of Mr. Jordan or Mr. Ratcliffe would also create another vacancy that Republican leaders could fill with a defender of the president like Representative Mark Meadows of North Carolina."

by Anonymousreply 234November 23, 2019 1:46 PM

[quote] Bumbling Rudy and Bone Spurs, beyond disgustingly corrupt, are extraordinarily inept in orchestrating a sinister plot. These old farts will be held in disgrace for the ages.

The funny thing is that they only hire inept people to execute their inept schemes, because a) only inept assholes, starstruck to be in Trump's inner circle are willing to work with him (since the smart ones won't come even near that shit show and b) guys like Trump are terrified of smart people, who are willing to work with them, pushing them off their thrones and taking the leader position.

They demand loyalty but throw those loyal servants under the bus when it's convenient. They demand submission, obedience and the assurance that their blind ambition stops right before trying to overthrow them.

Trump is a bad role model and the people he attracts, or who worship him, show that they don't believe they deserve better.

by Anonymousreply 235November 23, 2019 2:43 PM

I'm feeling so much schadenfreude right now. Devin Nunes is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 236November 23, 2019 2:55 PM

Not that anything will come of it.

by Anonymousreply 237November 23, 2019 3:03 PM

Well, at least we know Nunes surely wants his hearing in the open and not in some secret bunker downstairs and behind closed doors.

by Anonymousreply 238November 23, 2019 3:16 PM

[quote]Do you guys know what consequences Nunes could face from this ethics complaint?

I suspect it would have more weight coming from someone besides the Democratic Coalition and "Resistance grifter" Scott Dworkin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239November 23, 2019 3:29 PM

Besides an imaginary cow, Nunes is now also suing CNN and Daily Beast for spreading fake news.

I bet they're terrified.

by Anonymousreply 240November 23, 2019 3:43 PM

Washington Post:

How Trump keeps making it tougher for his GOP impeachment defenders

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241November 23, 2019 3:45 PM

USA Today:

Trump: Park rangers will patrol Mexican border, arrest migrants

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242November 23, 2019 3:50 PM

What’s this Camp David Adult Playground about?! More bribery?

by Anonymousreply 243November 23, 2019 4:20 PM

NYT:

Pollsters Missed ‘Shy Trump’ Voters in 2016. Will They Find Them This Time?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244November 23, 2019 4:50 PM

Washington Post:

In Trump’s Washington, the rogue actors are the real players — and the experts are increasingly irrelevant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245November 23, 2019 4:51 PM

WSJ:

How Facebook's Embed in the Trump Campaign Helped the President Win

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246November 23, 2019 4:52 PM

NBC: Giuliani associate willing to testify Nunes met with ex-Ukrainian official, attorney says

Joseph A. Bondy, an attorney for Lev Parnas, the indicted associate of Rudy Giuliani, Trump's personal lawyer, confirmed that his client was willing to testify before Congress that Nunes met with Shokin.

"I can confirm that Victor Shokin told Lev Parnas that he had met with Nunes in Vienna in late 2018, and that Derek Harvey informed that they were investigating the activities of Joe and Hunter Biden related to Burisma," Bondy told NBC News.

In a statement to Breitbart News on Friday night, Nunes called the CNN and Daily Beast reports "demonstrably false and scandalous."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247November 23, 2019 4:57 PM

Who the fuck uses MSN as a news source? Are you Russian? Did you just get out of a 30 year prison sentence? There is so much amazingly good online journalism and you're citing MSN?????

by Anonymousreply 248November 23, 2019 4:57 PM

was it nunes twin who was going to the white house late at night to give trump the latest scoop on the mueller investigation too?..

by Anonymousreply 249November 23, 2019 5:04 PM

What sires do you recommend, R248?

by Anonymousreply 250November 23, 2019 5:05 PM

Sires = sites!

by Anonymousreply 251November 23, 2019 5:06 PM

To ads to R249. Can someone explain to me why Nunes was allowed to run the hearings after these obviously partisan and corrupt shenanigans? I just kept asking, "Everyone knows he's a part of this. Why the fuck is he up there???" And then the story comes out of his meeting with Parnes. Big fucking surprise!!!!

by Anonymousreply 252November 23, 2019 5:13 PM

R248, people use MSN simply as a portal to pages that are otherwise often behind a paywall. The story linked at R247 is from NBC News.

by Anonymousreply 253November 23, 2019 5:20 PM

Thank you, r253. r248 seems to be in need of Compoz. That's C-O-M...P-O-Z.

by Anonymousreply 254November 23, 2019 5:23 PM

R248, people often use MSN to post articles from sources that are otherwise behind paywalls. A lot of the "MSN" postings are actually articles from the NY Times and WaPo.

by Anonymousreply 255November 23, 2019 5:27 PM

R252, Nunes's association with Parnas (which ties him into Russia's disinformation campaign) came out just before the last day of the hearing. Note that Nunes and his staff traveled to Vienna, where the oligarch who helped to originate the Biden smear is being held pending extradition to the US.

by Anonymousreply 256November 23, 2019 5:31 PM

Miss Blackburn weighs in....(per the Tennessean)

Marsha Blackburn defends 'Vindictive Vindman' tweet on Fox News, says he's 'going after' Trump

During an interview with Fox News’ Shannon Bream on Friday night, Blackburn said she stood by the tweet and insisted it was justified because Vindman “defied his chain of command” and was “going after” the president.

"Vindman had a problem with the president," Blackburn said. "The president wasn’t taking his advice. He didn’t like that. And he wanted the president to take his advice. And so what did he do? He defied that chain of command. He talked to somebody in the intel community. He then would not answer that question when he was asked if he had given this information to someone who was the whistleblower. And of course this is something that should cause everybody concern."

"Look, you honor someone for their service to the country, and certainly we honor the service that he gave to the country,” Blackburn continued. “But, Shannon, I’ve got to tell you, when you are defying your chain of command, when your direct supervisor says you have a problem with judgment and a problem with defying that chain of command and you are going after, not just a colleague, you are going after the commander in chief, and it is over a policy disagreement. And then, look at where we find ourselves.”

by Anonymousreply 257November 23, 2019 5:35 PM

[quote] In Trump’s Washington, the rogue actors are the real players — and the experts are increasingly irrelevant.

Actually the experts are threat to Trump's and the GOP's own (cover-up) narrative which is based on full on lies and criminal activities.

by Anonymousreply 258November 23, 2019 5:36 PM

I fucking HAAAAAAATE Marsha Blackburn. She is Satan in the body of a Karen.

by Anonymousreply 259November 23, 2019 5:41 PM

[quote] Who the fuck uses MSN as a news source?

R248, we have specifically asked people who are posting articles from the NYT, WaPo, and other paywall sites to use the MSN link. If an occasional NBC article or some other non-paywall site is included, no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 260November 23, 2019 5:41 PM

#MoscowMarsha

by Anonymousreply 261November 23, 2019 5:46 PM

^Not r248, but how is it legal to post the full articles on MSN, when the original article is behind a paywall? Is MSN paying a fee to publish these articles? I'm just wondering how MSN is allowed to do this.

by Anonymousreply 262November 23, 2019 5:58 PM

AND HOW THE FUCK WOULD BLACKMAN KNOW ANY OF THIS AND IT BEING TRUE?!???!!

ONCE AGAIN (LIKE THE LEAKING ANALOGY) IT'S NOT WHAT COMES OUT, IT'S HOW DARE IT COME OUT!...

by Anonymousreply 263November 23, 2019 6:11 PM

Why would you want to question it when it's to our benefit, r262?

by Anonymousreply 264November 23, 2019 6:38 PM

NYT:

Analysis: A Split Decision From Congress Will Leave Voters With Final Say on Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265November 23, 2019 6:40 PM

#MoscowMarha trends.

Another politician loyal to Pootin via Bone Spurs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266November 23, 2019 6:40 PM

Washington Post:

In Virginia, and elsewhere, gun supporters prepare to defy new laws

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267November 23, 2019 6:43 PM

R248/R262 is really fucking annoying and a troll-y little fuck, too.

by Anonymousreply 268November 23, 2019 6:43 PM

R248 is another schizophrenic Datalounger who sees Russians everywhere.

Citing MSN is smart because they literally copy sites like NYT, which are behind a paywall, word for word. Chill out, Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 269November 23, 2019 6:46 PM

let' see shall we: blackburn and other repubs are blocking any bills on foreign contributions transparency to u.s. campaigns

they are blocking bills on cybersecurity on presidential elections because??? oh, that's right, it should be up to the states, each state to do it, and that is the reasoning! LIKE ANYONE IN THE UNITED STATES GIVES A RAT'S ASS WHO DOES IT AS LONG AS IT'S DONE!!!!!...

JUST THESE 2 SIMPLE TRUTHS, WHY AREN'T THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA SCREAMING THIS EVERYDAY AS WE GET CLOSER TO 2020?!

STFU, MRS. B.A. IN HOME ECONOMICS, FORMER BEAUTY QUEEN AND RIGHT WING SHILL KISS UP FOR YEARS MOVING UP TO GET YOUR POSITION NOW!..

by Anonymousreply 270November 23, 2019 6:50 PM

[Quote]Why would you want to question it when it's to our benefit, [R262]?

I'm not questioning it, I just asked a question bc, as you have stated, we are usually no longer allowed nice, free stuff.

by Anonymousreply 271November 23, 2019 6:51 PM

Why are you always shouting r270? We are equally disgusted but screaming at your fellow DLers doesn't change anything.

by Anonymousreply 272November 23, 2019 6:53 PM

Shattered deplorable at the news of Nunes' betrayal of country:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273November 23, 2019 6:56 PM

[quote]And Barr is very hot for the federal government to get busier at the job of killing people. However, a federal judge threw the brakes on that Wednesday night.

If Bone Spurs gets a second term, will vindictive political executions follow? This stuff is scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274November 23, 2019 7:00 PM

R272, sorry if you think i'm "shouting" with my use of all caps. Never thought of it that way, just thought i was being passionate and driving home certain points more forcefully.

by Anonymousreply 275November 23, 2019 7:04 PM

r264 = Donald Dump

Oh, it’s OK to break the law when it’s for your own benefit, okay, sure, hypocrite. Get outta this thread til you develop an ethical core.

by Anonymousreply 276November 23, 2019 7:38 PM

I wonder if Giuliani had dirt on from Trump before the election. Trump wouldn't appoint Giuliani to be Secretary of State the way that Giuliani wanted, but Trump made Giuliani the shadow Secretary of State, maybe as a way to appease him?

by Anonymousreply 277November 23, 2019 7:47 PM

GOPP= Grand OLD Putin Party.

It is stunning, sickening and bewildering to have Republican elected officials actively spreading Russian created conspiracy theories. Then again, anybody who believed the GOP ever truly held patriotic convictions or principles was duped.

by Anonymousreply 278November 23, 2019 7:51 PM

Trump is not the idiot he appears to be. He knew if RG became SOS, then everything he wanted to do would be public. Trump is a criminal...he has to always have plausible deniability and no way to pin anything directly on him through the use of scapegoats. Hes like Putin in that regard....its everyone else but him.

by Anonymousreply 279November 23, 2019 7:52 PM

When I was interning, I knew and often hung out with interns or aides from the other side of the aisle. More often than not, they would say their Rep only cared about money, rich donors and getting resources in the Middle East. There was very little, if any, concern about their constituents. This was in stark contrast to the Dem side.

by Anonymousreply 280November 23, 2019 7:55 PM

Noose tightening around criminal traitor Nunes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281November 23, 2019 7:58 PM

What law are we breaking, r276?

by Anonymousreply 282November 23, 2019 8:01 PM

R239 Resistance Grifting. I didn't need to learn this exists. How fucking dismal.

by Anonymousreply 283November 23, 2019 8:05 PM

R282 = Vlad

by Anonymousreply 284November 23, 2019 8:08 PM

Who is the idiot claiming MSN is breaking laws by publishing articles on their site? Are you insane? I think the entire media establishment can take care of themselves legally, you dimwitted troll.

by Anonymousreply 285November 23, 2019 8:11 PM

John McCain, reduced to the level of VFW Post 7401 named in his honor. You'd think McCain was as big as Eisenhower they way everyone brought their best pomp and majesty when he croaked.

by Anonymousreply 286November 23, 2019 8:17 PM

[quote]Oh, it’s OK to break the law when it’s for your own benefit, okay, sure, hypocrite. Get outta this thread til you develop an ethical core.

Moron, MSN pays for the content, just as other media providers pay for AP content. No laws are being broken. Get a grip. And a life.

by Anonymousreply 287November 23, 2019 8:24 PM

I don’t think it is any secret that MSN is republishing articles fro m the NYT or WaPo. I’m sure both of them know and have been rewarded handsomely by MSN.

by Anonymousreply 288November 23, 2019 8:26 PM

R277, In New York, Trump and Rudy were a gruesome twosome for decades. I bet that there isn't anything that Rudy doesn't know about his good buddy, and vice versa. I just wonder who will stab who in the back first? The only thing I believe Rudy on, is that he has "insurance" against his good friend Donald.

by Anonymousreply 289November 23, 2019 8:37 PM

Most. Citizens have no idea why the fucker is even being impeached. Reagan created this overly ignorant population. Remember when Trump said if he ran for president it would be as a Republican, because they will believe anything.

by Anonymousreply 290November 23, 2019 8:40 PM

R290 I think that was debunked as a lie but there is no doubt he thought it and there is no doubt only someone like him could win on the GOP side.

by Anonymousreply 291November 23, 2019 8:43 PM

Following Trump's jab at Kellyanne, Matt Gaetz is criticizing her as a clueless 'boomer'. Are they trying to push Kellyanne out of the WH?

George has ramped up his piercing tweets on Trump.

Perhaps KAC is Annonymous and Trump was told such?

Kellyanne is tight with Rebekah Mercer, Pence, Steve Bannon, and supposedly Melania. Jared wants to get rid of her.

Something is up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292November 23, 2019 9:02 PM

Poor Rudy. He should have retired after all the America's Mayor hype

by Anonymousreply 293November 23, 2019 9:06 PM

I'd love if Kellyanne was the one to bring the government down. Unlikely, but damn it would be a nice twist. I was just thinking of Omarasa the other day. I imagine she'd have some juicy information to share or was that all in the book that nobody was interested in. She seems to have disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 294November 23, 2019 9:08 PM

Omarosa sure did disappear. I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 295November 23, 2019 9:10 PM

Omarosa just suggested teasers and never delivered on anything substantive. The media got tired of wasting their time with her.

by Anonymousreply 296November 23, 2019 9:14 PM

#BoycottMSNBC is trending on Twitter because his supporters don't think he got enough airtime at the debate. I didn't see the entire debate so don't know if this is true, but damn, boycotting MSNBC....damn. The Repugs must be laughing their asses off.

by Anonymousreply 297November 23, 2019 9:30 PM

Yes and R279 all the acting Secretaries are just their because he can get away with more shit!

by Anonymousreply 298November 23, 2019 9:33 PM

Matt Gaetz should get zero press. He is the embodiment of congressional click bait.

by Anonymousreply 299November 23, 2019 9:34 PM

Oops I meant to say that Andrew Yang's supporters don't think he was given adequate airtime at the airtime. They're also asking people to boycott MSNBC's biggest sponsors.

by Anonymousreply 300November 23, 2019 9:35 PM

Kellyanne is booked to be one of the guests on CBS Face the Nation tommorow (Sunday).

CBS is not going to get anything out of her except spin and propaganda including yapping attacks on HRC, Obama, Adam Schiff, Pelosi, and of course, the Bidens.

Foolish for CBS for giving her time for the nonsense she espouses. However, she is probably the only WH employee willing to show. And she probably kept her distance from the Ukraine scandal, but knows the dirt which she will not reveal beyond what is commonly known.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301November 23, 2019 9:37 PM

I'm sure most of the other Democrats running for President are laughing their asses off as well, R297/300.

by Anonymousreply 302November 23, 2019 9:50 PM

NYT reports that the secretary of the Navy and the admiral who leads the SEALs have threatened to resign or be fired if plans to expel a commando from the elite unit in a war crimes case are halted by President Trump.

The Navy is proceeding with the disciplinary plans against Chief Petty Officer Edward Gallagher, the convicted-of-misconduct commando Trump granted clemency to this past week.

If only a Republican member of Congress could muster even half the integrity of these military officers.

by Anonymousreply 303November 23, 2019 9:52 PM

matt gaetz shouldn't have ANY JOB! literally! he's had what 7 dui's? on what planet can someone with that history have a job as a state representative, no matter if his area is 100% deplorables??!!!

by Anonymousreply 304November 23, 2019 9:57 PM

Matt Gaetz, learn some math. Kellyanne was born in 1967, she's not old enough to be a "Boomer."

And that will be the FIRST and ONLY time I will ever come to the rescue of Kellyanne Conway.

by Anonymousreply 305November 23, 2019 9:57 PM

R305, maybe he was drunk when he was doing the math, no, not even math, but arithmetic on kellyanne.

by Anonymousreply 306November 23, 2019 9:59 PM

Surely the Republicans will take the high road and stand behind the Navy Admirals. Right? Right? Anyone? Bueller?

by Anonymousreply 307November 23, 2019 9:59 PM

Washington Post:

House Democratic infighting subsides as party focuses on push to impeach Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308November 23, 2019 9:59 PM

CNN:

Seven hours in the air with Sondland after he implicated Trump in his impeachment testimony

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309November 23, 2019 10:02 PM

Thanks R308. Well, I guess even the SQUAD members can manage to get over themselves for the common good...for now.

But wait - if Bernie doesn't get the nomination (and he won't), you can bet AOC and Omar will be tweeting up a "righteous" storm, especially if Biden is the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 310November 23, 2019 10:03 PM

Yang is annoying and does these silly antics such as $1,000 giveaways for attention. Of course automation is impacting, but he offers no real substance on the topic beyond throwing the term out there. Such is to be addressed by the educational system, industry re-training, and job placement initiatives.

by Anonymousreply 311November 23, 2019 10:21 PM

Matt Gaetz's use of "boomer" is presumably some lame, misplaced attempt to take over the younger generation's critique of conservative fogeys.

by Anonymousreply 312November 23, 2019 10:25 PM

Here, r303....

Navy Is Said to Proceed With Disciplinary Plans Against Edward Gallagher

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313November 23, 2019 10:27 PM

Bloomberg:

Giuliani Says Biden Documents to Be Released ‘If I Disappear’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314November 23, 2019 10:41 PM

I thought Trump's comments against Kellyanne were just Trump being a misogynist pig, the kind who always takes the man's side in any divorce.

by Anonymousreply 315November 23, 2019 10:52 PM

[quote] R201: Swalwell made the move to the next level in exposing the corruption of Trump supporters.

I can just imagine the Dems drawing straws for who would get to reveal that article on TV, as it raises their profile. It’s a gutsy thing to do: with Nunes in the room.

by Anonymousreply 316November 23, 2019 10:53 PM

R314, that's genuinely funny. "I have all of these incriminating, incredibly important documents but I just can't bring myself to release them."

by Anonymousreply 317November 23, 2019 10:53 PM

Shit

AP: Ginsburg hospitalized for treatment of chills and fever

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318November 23, 2019 11:03 PM

Junior Mint tweets something he thinks is funny, in trying to demean Shift and testimony from witnesses.

Junior is a total nitwit. Those witnesses are PhDs, military officers, foreign service officials, ambassadors, etc.

Junior is a POS. Even his dad views him as stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319November 23, 2019 11:06 PM

Come on RBG, hang in there until Jan 20, 2021!

by Anonymousreply 320November 23, 2019 11:07 PM

Schiff

by Anonymousreply 321November 23, 2019 11:09 PM

I love RBG, but she really should have retired during Obama's administration.

by Anonymousreply 322November 23, 2019 11:09 PM

mean 319 gezz

by Anonymousreply 323November 23, 2019 11:10 PM

mean 319 gezz

by Anonymousreply 324November 23, 2019 11:11 PM

So Ruby Julie has evidence on Biden yet doesn't release it?

Sure, girl, sure.

by Anonymousreply 325November 23, 2019 11:15 PM

How soon before Lev Parnas "accidentally" falls out of a window?

by Anonymousreply 326November 23, 2019 11:48 PM

Utterly, utterly.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327November 24, 2019 12:03 AM

R314,that is so ridiculous. If we're to believe that Rudy has incriminating evidence against Biden, then why would it take him "disappearing" for it to be released? Isn't that what he's been running to Ukraine trying to do all this time. If he had anything on Biden, he would have spilled it by now.

by Anonymousreply 328November 24, 2019 12:25 AM

Has anyone explained to Trump that John Roberts would run the trial in the Senate, and that he would not permit the Bidens to be called as witnesses, as they have no relevant testimony to offer?

by Anonymousreply 329November 24, 2019 12:40 AM

Does Kimberly Guilfoyle (Pooh Bear), Junior Mint's gf, think she's going to be the spouse of a future President? Fox got rid of her. She's a deplorable tweeter.

She would receive some appreciation if she shared her rolodex of dick pics on DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330November 24, 2019 12:41 AM

Eva Braun for the Kardashian generation.

by Anonymousreply 331November 24, 2019 12:58 AM

[quote]No wonder he looks so slouchy in the video: it’s hard to stand up straight with no spine.

------------------------------

To be fair, many among us have been slouchy after some rough spit-roasted, barebacking. it happens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332November 24, 2019 1:04 AM

NYT:

New Documents Reveal Details of Pompeo’s Role in Ukraine Affair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333November 24, 2019 1:32 AM

I can't find the thread, Justice RBG has been hospitalized with fever etc, she's gonna die! And orange turd gets to appoint another one, we are so fucked!!!

by Anonymousreply 334November 24, 2019 1:37 AM

Kevin McCarthy, as minority leader in the House has the right to make assignments to committees. If he wanted Nunes he got him. Nunes was under investigation for ethics violations before, when Ryan was Speaker because of his machinations running back and forth to the White House, leaking Intel info and strategizing. If we get a paper trail or electronic confirmation, some kind of proof that confirms what Parnas is alleging, then Pelosi can pressure McCarthy into removing him or sanctioning him or even expelling him.

by Anonymousreply 335November 24, 2019 2:07 AM

Putin's enemies just seem to... disappear.

I'm sure it's just an unfortunate coincidence. Russia is a wild 'n wooly place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336November 24, 2019 2:26 AM

Rudy's mythical Biden documents are in a safe right next to Obama's Indonesian birth certificate.

by Anonymousreply 337November 24, 2019 2:32 AM

Oh that wacky Kevin McCarthy.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338November 24, 2019 2:32 AM

I think Giuliani's message about Biden was code and he really meant Trump. Why the hell would Biden make him disappear??

by Anonymousreply 339November 24, 2019 2:52 AM

Excellent article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340November 24, 2019 3:05 AM

[quote]r338 Oh that wacky Kevin McCarthy.....

It's distracting to me that Kevin McCarthy is also the name of an actor. He was Montgomery Clift's best friend.

#ChangeIt,Please

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341November 24, 2019 3:23 AM

R330, Guilfoyle has been grooming Junior Asshole for his eventual role as POTUS in 2024, probably with Trump Sr's approval. Ivanka was supposed to be the chosen one, but she has failed to light the world on fire as expected and, to Daddy's disappointment, is very unpopular with the masses, as is her charisma-deprived husband. The possibility of her becoming the first female president is a longshot at this stage, so enter Ms. Guilfoyle, who has political and media experience, to work on Junior. She has been raising his profile, getting him out there and more involved in public events and even got a ghostwriter to write a book in his name. She also accompanies him everywhere to keep an eye on him, like a mother-hen taking care of her chick. Do not underestimate what this ambitious cougar will do to get her stilettos into the WH. She is ruthless to the core.

by Anonymousreply 342November 24, 2019 3:37 AM

Ruby Julie just tweeted something or other incomprehensible

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343November 24, 2019 4:41 AM

Rudy, Bolton, etc., boast of all this shocking information they possess that purports to justify their own respective behaviors, but refuse to supply to and testify before Congress. Letters to Lindsey are grossly inadequate. Rudy, you were caught.

by Anonymousreply 344November 24, 2019 6:08 AM

R291 Trump did say something like that, I believe in a radio broadcast back in the 90s. But I thought he said it as Republicans were so dumb, they'd believe anything. I recall his hesitation for just a moment when the interviewer asked what he would run as (they may have asked specifically Democrat or Republican, but I'm not 100% on that). I heard the interview replayed during his campaign for the presidency (in late 2015 or early 2016....it could have been a tv interview, but I believe it was radio because I only heard it). I just checked online and someone has done a good job of getting obscure websites to report everyone was saying it was from a People Magazine interview and that the meme was not true, thus it is disproved.

by Anonymousreply 345November 24, 2019 6:09 AM

Sure, Rudy's damning evidence about Biden is right next to Obama's long form birth certificate that proves that he was born in Kenya!

by Anonymousreply 346November 24, 2019 6:51 AM

R246 And Melania's legal immigration papers.

by Anonymousreply 347November 24, 2019 7:00 AM

^^Sorry R346

by Anonymousreply 348November 24, 2019 7:00 AM

[quote] NYT reports that the secretary of the Navy and the admiral who leads the SEALs have threatened to resign or be fired if plans to expel a commando from the elite unit in a war crimes case are halted by President Trump.

Nope.

Spencer denied threatening to resign at a defense conference in Halifax, Canada, on Saturday, according to reporters present.

“I’m still here, I did not threaten to resign, we’re here to talk about external threats and Eddie Gallagher is not one of them,” Spencer said during a panel on the Arctic. Spencer told reporters he works at the pleasure of the president.

"The president of the United States is the commander in chief, he’s involved in every aspect of government and he can make decisions and do things and give orders as he deems appropriate," he said.

Spencer said that if he receives official orders -- not in the form of a tweet -- the disciplinary process against Gallagher will cease.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349November 24, 2019 9:50 AM

Can’t the SEALs just send him on a suicide mission?

by Anonymousreply 350November 24, 2019 11:20 AM

I love this board. Somebody out there always has a witty comment perfect for the situation.

by Anonymousreply 351November 24, 2019 12:12 PM

R337 my thoughts exactly. I believe he is speaking in code.

by Anonymousreply 352November 24, 2019 2:08 PM

Lá Sénatrice, we are so disappointed in you. The slouching and cussing is so unbecoming. There is help.

Try Lottie's Finishing School or another of stellar reputation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353November 24, 2019 2:13 PM

Josh Marshall of Talking Points Memo:

[quote]Based on a near to completed story we’ve been working on for a few weeks I think I know just what Rudes is talking about and good lord if you thought Rudes was a grenade till this point just wait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354November 24, 2019 2:26 PM

From r343....

@DadRock2020 22h22 hours ago

Replying to @RudyGiuliani @LindseyGrahamSC @realDonaldTrump

How do you sleep?

Homer@doubleOsnork 20h20 hours ago

Upside down

by Anonymousreply 355November 24, 2019 3:23 PM

I have some questions about the trial in the Senate. My understanding is that the House “prosecutes,” the Chief Justice presides, and the Senate acts as jury (I.e. just watches). Hoping you can help me figure these things out.

1. Who presents the defense?. The president and his attorneys? Are they White House attorneys or private attorneys? 2. Can the defense call people like Hunter Biden as part of their defense? Does the Chief Justice rule on witnesses they can bring? Because to me the guilt/innocence of the Bidens has absolutely nothing to do with the actual crimes of the case. 3. Can the House compel non-cooperative witnesses (Mulvaney, Pompeo, etc.) to finally testify? Does Chief Justice Roberts make that call? If so, how would he compel them?

by Anonymousreply 356November 24, 2019 3:35 PM

USA Today:

'I don't know him': The many times Donald Trump's acquaintances suddenly became strangers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357November 24, 2019 3:35 PM

Good questions R356. I'd like to understand this process, too. And if the Republicans are going to call Hunter Biden and Adam Schiff like they threatened, then I suppose the Democrats can call Devin Nunes , Lindsey Graham and Rudy. So maybe the Republicans would like to rethink their strategy of putting the Biden's on trial to create a circus.

by Anonymousreply 358November 24, 2019 3:45 PM

That letter at R343 shows Rudy is huffing some serious paint thinner.

by Anonymousreply 359November 24, 2019 4:09 PM

Bloomberg:

Trump Inquiry Won’t End With Impeachment Report, Schiff Says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360November 24, 2019 5:03 PM

From FUX:

Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., on Sunday slammed the House’s impeachment inquiry into President Trump for chasing after a "red herring" when trying to determine whether the president tied foreign aid to Ukraine to an investigation into his political rivals, and he attacked House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., for making impeachment proceedings a “political weapon.”

Speaking on “Fox News Sunday,” Kennedy dodged a question by Chris Wallace on whether Trump was asking Ukraine to investigate corruption or to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, and instead called out Pelosi for politicizing the impeachment process.

“Speaker Pelosi is acting in a manner that is insincere, even by the standards of Congress,” Kennedy said. “She is turning impeachment into a routine political weapon.”

Kennedy went on to criticize House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff’s move to bar Republicans from calling witnesses in the impeachment inquiry and “not allowing the president to defend himself.”

A number of Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee have commented that the president is welcome to testify before the committee during the impeachment hearings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361November 24, 2019 5:07 PM

^This is why I’m not seeing my Deplorable family members at Thanksgiving this year. They can’t keep their yaps shut.

by Anonymousreply 362November 24, 2019 5:11 PM

NYT:

New Documents Reveal Details of Pompeo’s Role in Ukraine Affair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363November 24, 2019 5:12 PM

Kennedy's arguments are just dumb...and so is he. He looks like a hillbilly grandma.

by Anonymousreply 364November 24, 2019 5:15 PM

R356: 1. Who presents the defense?. The president and his attorneys? Are they White House attorneys or private attorneys? 2. Can the defense call people like Hunter Biden as part of their defense? Does the Chief Justice rule on witnesses they can bring? Because to me the guilt/innocence of the Bidens has absolutely nothing to do with the actual crimes of the case. 3. Can the House compel non-cooperative witnesses (Mulvaney, Pompeo, etc.) to finally testify? Does Chief Justice Roberts make that call? If so, how would he compel them?

1. The President’s lawyers. I don’t know if they are WH or private lawyers.

2. The defense can call whomever they want. The Chief Justice can block them for the reasons you state, but the prosecution might want them to testify anyway, to avoid Deplorable allegations that this was the Deep State at work. It’s a quandary.

3. The House can compel whomever they want via subpoena.

by Anonymousreply 365November 24, 2019 5:25 PM

The Clinton impeachment resulted in at least one Republican, in leadership’s, resignation, so a lot of unexpected things can happen.

by Anonymousreply 366November 24, 2019 5:27 PM

Thanks, r365! Re the subpoenas, we’ve seen Republicans ignore them in the impeachment hearing. My question was more asking they can ignore them if called in the impeachment trial itself. Does Justice Roberts have any recourse if these witnesses refuse to cooperate? Can he have them detained until they agree to testify?

by Anonymousreply 367November 24, 2019 5:34 PM

Uncooperative witnesses can be arrested by the Sargent at Arms. These are the rules of procedure for impeachment trials in the Senate. It’s seems clear that the parties can be represented by counsel of their choice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368November 24, 2019 5:49 PM

R367, I will join you in asking, Impeachment is a rarity, so it isn’t well-precidented.

If anyone ignores a subpoena, I would expect it to be obstruction of Congress, and obstruction of justice, which are crimes themselves. I expect they can appear and take the 5th, not a crime.

by Anonymousreply 369November 24, 2019 5:53 PM

Some of talking about censure. I don’t think the Dems will accept this. The facts are too clear. He deserves removal.

by Anonymousreply 370November 24, 2019 5:55 PM

NBC:

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg released from hospital after possible infection

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371November 24, 2019 5:56 PM

USA Today:

As Trump officials target California's homeless crisis, state officials brace for fight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372November 24, 2019 6:00 PM

The Notorious RBG is back on the case, fellas!

All bow down before she decides to cut a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 373November 24, 2019 7:10 PM

A confidential White House review of President Trump’s decision to place a hold on military aid to Ukraine has turned up hundreds of documents that reveal extensive efforts to generate an after-the-fact justification for the decision and a debate over whether the delay was legal, according to three people familiar with the records.

The research by the White House Counsel’s Office, which was triggered by a congressional impeachment inquiry announced in September, includes early August email exchanges between acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and White House budget officials seeking to provide an explanation for withholding the funds after President Trump had already ordered a hold in mid-July on the nearly $400 million in security assistance, according to the three people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal White House deliberations.

One person briefed on the records examination said White House lawyers are expressing concern that the review has turned up some unflattering exchanges and facts that could at a minimum embarrass the president. It’s unclear if the Mulvaney discussions or other records pose any legal problems for Trump in the impeachment inquiry, but some fear they could pose political problems if revealed publicly.

People familiar with the Office of Budget and Management’s handling of the holdup in aid acknowledged the internal discussions going on during August, but characterized the conversations as calm, routine and focused on the legal question of how to comply with the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Act, which requires the executive branch to spend congressionally appropriated funds unless Congress agrees they can be rescinded.

“There was a legal consensus at every step of the way that the money could be withheld to conduct the policy review,” said OMB spokeswoman Rachel K. Semmel. “OMB works closely with agencies on executing the budget. Routine practices and procedures were followed, not scrambling.”

The hold on the military aid is at the heart of House Democrats’ investigation into whether the president should be removed from office for allegedly trying to pressure Ukraine into investigating his political rivals in exchange for the U.S. support that President Volodymyr Zelensky desperately wanted in the face of Russian military aggression.

In the early August email exchanges, Mulvaney asked acting Office of Management and Budget Director Russell Vought for an update on the legal rationale for withholding the aid and how much longer it could be delayed. Trump had made the decision the prior month without an assessment of the reasoning or legal justification, according to two White House officials. Emails show Vought and OMB staffers arguing that withholding aid was legal, while officials at the National Security Council and State Department protested. OMB lawyers said that it was legal to withhold the aid, as long as they deemed it a “temporary” hold, according to people familiar with the review.

A senior budget lawyer crafted a memo on July 25 that defended the hold for at least a short period of time, an administration official said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374November 24, 2019 7:21 PM

[quote]NYT reports that the secretary of the Navy and the admiral who leads the SEALs have threatened to resign or be fired if plans to expel a commando from the elite unit in a war crimes case are halted by President Trump.

[quote]Nope.

[quote]Spencer denied threatening to resign at a defense conference in Halifax, Canada, on Saturday, according to reporters present.

The Times stands by its reporting. And something caused Trump to stand down and let the Navy go forward with its actions against the commando, so I'm taking that denial with a very large grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 375November 24, 2019 7:22 PM

R361, I'd describe him as....Jane Darwell's doppelganger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376November 24, 2019 7:48 PM

No paywall.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377November 24, 2019 7:59 PM

CBS:

Himes: Nunes pushed "fantastical conspiracy theories" at hearings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378November 24, 2019 8:20 PM

R377, so apparently there’s nothing that DOESN’T implicate the WH in illegal behavior.

by Anonymousreply 379November 24, 2019 8:21 PM

Sean Ono Lennon is helping Tulsi Gabbard raise funds to make the next debate.

Fox News is running a story promoting Tulsi and highlighting Sean's support. I will not link Fox though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380November 24, 2019 9:08 PM

Tulsi Gabbard, when push comes to shove, is just a Fox validator. Anyone who appears on Tucker Carlson's and Hannity's shows is only reinforcing white nationalism and other extremist ideologies. She's a Democrat only by opportunism. Sean Lennon is as big a flake as we've always thought he was.

by Anonymousreply 381November 24, 2019 9:27 PM

Washington Post:

Pentagon chief asks for Navy secretary’s resignation over private proposal in Navy SEAL’s case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382November 24, 2019 9:58 PM

ABC:

Before Giuliani, Ukrainian official hired Trump-linked lobbyist to relay Biden claims

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383November 24, 2019 10:00 PM

The Damage Report: US Navy Turns On Donald Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384November 24, 2019 10:13 PM

R384: Damn, Trump disgusts me.

by Anonymousreply 385November 24, 2019 10:30 PM

L.A. Times:

California's Nunes, impeachment inquisitor, dodges question over alleged meeting with Ukrainian ex-prosecutor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386November 24, 2019 10:36 PM

Politico:

Forget the Oval. The real Trump action is in the residence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387November 24, 2019 10:40 PM

[quote]The real Trump action is in the residence.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 388November 24, 2019 10:51 PM

BREAKING!!! - Looks like Adam Schiff has the reciepts! Giulani's Russian mobster pal has gone state's evidence and handed over recordings and videos of him Trump and Ghoulani!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389November 24, 2019 10:55 PM

The link at R387 is a NYT-level exercise in normalizing autocracy. He should have been impeached and removed the first time he called a foreign leader on his private line.

by Anonymousreply 390November 24, 2019 10:55 PM

Matt "Sweaty Betty" Whitaker: Abuse of power is not a crime

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391November 24, 2019 10:59 PM

Richard Spencer's resignation letter: "The Rule of Law is what sets us apart from our adversaries"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392November 24, 2019 11:03 PM

[R389] WOW.

by Anonymousreply 393November 24, 2019 11:03 PM

Mr. Parnas! Mr. Parnas! This is Suzanne Sugarbaker! I suggest you get yourself a good black wig and get the hell outta Dodge!

by Anonymousreply 394November 24, 2019 11:05 PM

There’s a cancer in the Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 395November 24, 2019 11:08 PM

R389 And now John Bolton for the K.O. I predict he resigns like Nixon: )

by Anonymousreply 396November 24, 2019 11:09 PM

Parnas is no dummy...he knows that to be the first to flip, that he will get the sweetheart deal. He also knows Trump is unreliable, unstable, and will through him under the bus to save his own ass....as will Giuliani.

by Anonymousreply 397November 24, 2019 11:11 PM

^^^throw...damn autocorrect.^^^

by Anonymousreply 398November 24, 2019 11:13 PM

Why do I feel like shit is falling apart for Trump faster and faster

by Anonymousreply 399November 24, 2019 11:27 PM

Good.

Let this entire pathetic sham of a presidency collapse like a cake in the rain.

by Anonymousreply 400November 24, 2019 11:31 PM

R399, because it is. Not fast enough, but it is.

by Anonymousreply 401November 24, 2019 11:40 PM

R391, as I sit here thinking about all this,I realize the water is SO cold.

by Anonymousreply 402November 24, 2019 11:53 PM

If the audio sounds totally sleazy... It could convince some undecided people.

by Anonymousreply 403November 25, 2019 12:11 AM

I just hope there is audio and video of Trump and not just still pics. Pics won't accomplish anything.

by Anonymousreply 404November 25, 2019 12:14 AM

Fox News/NewsCorp has been destructive for American democracy. Those Murdochs have been delivering trouble for decades.

by Anonymousreply 405November 25, 2019 12:23 AM

Fox News/NewsCorp has been destructive for American democracy. Those Murdochs have been delivering trouble for decades.

by Anonymousreply 406November 25, 2019 12:23 AM

Murdochs have been tearing apart freedom all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 407November 25, 2019 12:24 AM

Wow! All these guys have tapes, audio and videos of each other. Seems like none of them trust each other and they all have "insurance" just in case one of them decides to throw someone under the bus. There's no honor among thieves. Ha Ha!

by Anonymousreply 408November 25, 2019 12:26 AM

I hope Trump's response is, "Tapes! You want tapes? I have the best tapes. They're the biggest and longest tapes!"

At which point, the entire staff of the West Wing immediately resigns and the laughter of Pelosi and Schiff can be heard reverberating all the way to Virginia.

by Anonymousreply 409November 25, 2019 12:31 AM

That is huge news, R389. Let’s hope that it pans out. If Parnas turned over audio recordings that included tRump that raises the stakes and has the potential for changing minds against Cheatolini. It would be somewhat surprising, Given how access in the WH is so restricted, but with this crowd nothing is really shocking. (Hell, it could have been tRump on a cell phone, out on the golf course.)

On the other hand, I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if they have Rudy on tape. He is such a bumbling, fumbling idiot that getting rolled by these thugs seems par for the course.

You know, for having been the SDNY US Attorney, who has praised himself as being such an integral part of dismantling organized crime in NYC, he sure didn’t learn much.

by Anonymousreply 410November 25, 2019 12:31 AM

Will thee tapes reveal more than Rudy's adventures in butt-dialing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411November 25, 2019 12:33 AM

[quote]If Parnas turned over audio recordings that included tRump that raises the stakes and has the potential for changing minds against Cheatolini. It would be somewhat surprising, Given how access in the WH is so restricted...

This is Trump. The idiot who let Russian agents into the Oval without restriction and with electronic devices while keeping American media out.

by Anonymousreply 412November 25, 2019 12:34 AM

Giuliani said he has "insurance" also...you know hes shitting his pants right now because his tapes are probably the same tapes Parnas has....only Parnas caved first.

by Anonymousreply 413November 25, 2019 12:49 AM

Rudy's "insurance" is in a safe next to Obama's Indonesian birth certificate.

by Anonymousreply 414November 25, 2019 12:59 AM

Lindsey has kept a low-profile with the media this weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415November 25, 2019 1:05 AM

"If the audio sounds totally sleazy... It could convince some undecided people."

You mean rape, emoluments violations, bribery, forgery, witness tampering, lying (under oath and otherwise), threats, cruel tweets, general incompetence (Syria, North Korea, Iran, Iraq, The Wall, Immigration) treason, colluding, money laundering... haven't swayed them yet?

by Anonymousreply 416November 25, 2019 1:23 AM

"The real Trump action is in the residence."

The onley action he get is with he's write hand !

by Anonymousreply 417November 25, 2019 1:31 AM

Rick Perry thinks God sent Trump to do great things

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418November 25, 2019 2:41 AM

Rick Perry clearly wants some of that Republican cash now that he's leaving office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419November 25, 2019 2:42 AM

One would hope that hearing the tapes would sway the American people, but I have no faith in that.

I don't call him President Pussy-Grabber for nothing. Billy Bush suffered more severe consequences over that than Cheeto did. Billy got fired, Dump became President.

The Repugs in the Senate and House won't give a shit unless it starts looking like they may be unseated in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 420November 25, 2019 2:42 AM

"Rick Perry thinks God sent Trump to do great things."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421November 25, 2019 2:47 AM

The Republicans have crafted the beast through Fox News. They can't control it. So they have their core, diehard base that rabidly believes what appears on Fox - which has been injected into them over the last fifteen years. They can't "do what's right" and keep their seats, so they will do nothing and continue with the monster they've created. Fox News/Fox Business, and the hosts on Fox News and Fox Business, are what control the base and have set the tone for Republican politics.

Rush Limbaugh and talk radio used to have a lot of power, but not so much any longer - it's passed to Fox News and the Fox News hosts.

Trump took advantage of this, took control of Fox News, and bent it all to his will. Of course, Republicans will go along with it, because he's using the beast they created, and he can use it against them enough to make it really hurt.

If the Murdochs cared at all about the Republic they would have started preparing their audience for life after Trump. But they haven't. And until they do, the Republicans will not do anything out of lockstep because they know they'll lose their cushy positions.

by Anonymousreply 422November 25, 2019 2:49 AM

Parnas caved because he is being prosecuted by the SDNY - Trump can't pardon him.

Recording people these days is easy, all you need is a cell phone.

by Anonymousreply 423November 25, 2019 2:50 AM

"The United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (in case citations, S.D.N.Y.) is a federal district court whose geographic jurisdiction encompasses the counties of New York (Manhattan), Bronx, Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, and Sullivan in the state of New York." That being said, the SDNY is the most independent and aggressive federal offices in the system.

One more time, convictions through the New York Attorney General, Letitia James, and the Manhattan District Attorney, Cy Vance, Jr., are beyond Trump's pardons.

Also, Trumps pardons can be undone if they are complicit with crimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424November 25, 2019 3:02 AM

Any possibility that while Parnasp is throwing Trump under the bus, Rudy is collateral damage on those recordings and emails?

If he is, Rudy’s got about one day to cut a deal. Once it’s on TV, it’s too late.

I do think even those Fox cultists would tend to believe Rudy throwing Trump under the bus more than any other person doing it.

by Anonymousreply 425November 25, 2019 3:07 AM

Parnasp is probably terrified for his life. Russia. Is he being held where Epstein was killed?

by Anonymousreply 426November 25, 2019 3:10 AM

I think the reason that Parnas made it known that he was offering damning information is to try to get Trump or the Justice Department involved for fear of what he'd reveal. It seemed more like a threat than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 427November 25, 2019 3:12 AM

Barr will be visiting that prison. As with Epstein.

by Anonymousreply 428November 25, 2019 3:14 AM

R418, we are in the "Worship of the Golden Calf" portion of this endless movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429November 25, 2019 3:22 AM

Yaaas, Queen @415! Love her. She's like listening to a new Tennessee Williams play in your most favorite silk kimono waiting for the coffee to be finishing dripping on a easy Sunday Morning once the last night's trade had finally got the hint it's time to go.

by Anonymousreply 430November 25, 2019 3:25 AM

R428, the House committee already has the tapes so it would be pointless going after Parnas now.

by Anonymousreply 431November 25, 2019 3:25 AM

If Trump came out and said, "Same-sex marriage is the law of the land and I respect that. Whether you like it or not, it is here to stay and I will do everything in my power to uphold that"... the Deplorables would drop him like a hot potato. My paranoid belief is that they voted for him to- at best- put LGBTQ people in death camps. At the very least, to win them "religious freedom" so they don't have to recognize same-sex unions.

by Anonymousreply 432November 25, 2019 3:32 AM

Uh, R432, he already pretty much said that. Said it was settled. Abortion is where the religionuts are at with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 433November 25, 2019 4:02 AM

Nunes now claims that he can’t possibly explain what he was doing in his travels with Parnas because there is “a criminal investigation” going on. He also claims that he’s totally going to sue CNN and the Daily Beast for printing falsehoods about him (just like he sued that cow).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434November 25, 2019 4:30 AM

If gays think the right is ok with same sex rights being "settled" then you have a rude awakening soon. And Pres Bone Spurs said it is so? Oh yes, lets believe him because he always tells the truth and never changes his mind.

Perry saying that is so sacrilegious it is breath taking. God using an imperfect person is one thing- God using the antithesis of a Christian is Anti-Christian. The Right Wing would absolutely welcome the Devil if he gave them right wing judges and tax cuts for the rich (and he would).

That should send chills down any normal voters spine.

by Anonymousreply 435November 25, 2019 7:08 AM

No, r425. Rudy would simply be regarded as the revealed Judas.

by Anonymousreply 436November 25, 2019 7:18 AM

R418, Rick Perry doesn't believe any such thing. What he knows is that there are Americans ignorant enough to vote for him if he says such twaddle.

Chaucer's Summoner and Pardoner, along with their gulls, are ever with us.

by Anonymousreply 437November 25, 2019 7:24 AM

As much as I hope Nunes goes down, I'm not sure it'll happen. Is what he did corrupt? Absolutely. Is it illegal? not sure

and I saw Raskin on a show Sunday and he implied they probably wouldn't waste time chasing down everyone who's done wrongdoing. Their focus is on impeachment

but I hope all the damaging info in the world comes out to expose Nunes at the very least. I want his career crippled

by Anonymousreply 438November 25, 2019 9:46 AM

[quote] The Repugs in the Senate and House won't give a shit unless it starts looking like they may be unseated in 2020.

They get their marching orders from high up, like McConnell. When he says they are supposed to stick with Trump, or else ... They will stick with Trump. Their survival instinct is to stay united (united "we" are strong ... that's why they think "divide & conquer" is such a good strategy to win the war) and, preferably, succeed. I am sure McConnell assures them that Vladimir Putin has their backs and will fuck with the election and give them landslide wins nobody will dare to dispute. I am certain McConnell is as much of a Putin asset as Trump and follows Putin's orders.

by Anonymousreply 439November 25, 2019 12:12 PM

So Moo-nes travels to Ukraine in support of a Russian Intelligence conspiracy theory that is central the the investigation that he is a ranking member on? Sounds very shady and unethical. He should be removed and forced to resign.

by Anonymousreply 440November 25, 2019 12:20 PM

[quote]BREAKING: @TheDemCoalition just filed a House Ethics complaint against @RepDevinNunes for abuse of office

Politico's John Bresnahan:

Please note - The House Ethics Cmte has 5 Democrats & 5 Republicans. So to investigate a member - say GOP Rep. Devin Nunes - Rs would have to go along with the investigation. Which means it isn’t “likely” or anything like that at this point. May not even happen. We’ll see.

Anyone can file a complaint with the independent Office of Congressional Ethics, which can investigate Nunes. But that will take a while. OCE can’t force Nunes to comply & the Ethics Cmte would still have to agree to any sanctions of Nunes, another lengthy process.

by Anonymousreply 441November 25, 2019 12:39 PM

why isn't MOO-nes suing swalwell for bringing it up at the hearing, since the cow is so sue happy!

by Anonymousreply 442November 25, 2019 12:50 PM

r442, That's a good question. I'm surprised that Nunes didn't try to shout Swalwell down when he did say it at the hearing.

Instead he just lowed his head, like he was ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 443November 25, 2019 1:03 PM

[quote]Instead he just lowed his head, like he was ashamed.

Impossible. All GOP lawmakers must submit to surgical removal of their shame regulators before they're allowed to run for office.

by Anonymousreply 444November 25, 2019 1:09 PM

Twitter and Facebook. The Scylla and Charybdis of social media.

by Anonymousreply 445November 25, 2019 1:18 PM

R435, Rudy is in even worse trouble. He used this guy to broker a deal with oligarchs to get help with investigation into Biden and promised them connections to the Justice Department to help with their issues in the United States.

The guy has tapes.

Rudy is going down and in his effort to defend himself he will just confess to it all.

by Anonymousreply 446November 25, 2019 1:27 PM

[quote] why isn't MOO-nes suing swalwell for bringing it up at the hearing, since the cow is so sue happy!

Congressional immunity.

[quote] Congressional immunity rests on Art. I, Sec. 6 of the Constitution, which declares senators and representatives privileged from arrest during attendance at sessions, and provides that “for any speech or debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other place”. This guarantee had long been recognized as an essential right and was in line with the separation of powers and non-interference by the Executive and Judicial branches with the Legislature. Carried over from British practice, it had already been embodied in the Articles of Confederation and in state constitutions before the Philadelphia Convention met in 1787.

[quote] In England the right of members of the Commons to say what they pleased, and particularly to criticise the king, was asserted and reasserted, occasionally acknowledged and repeatedly challenged, throughout the long struggle for parliamentary government. The privilege was affirmed in the British Bill of Rights of 1689 which declared that “the freedom of speech and debates in Parliament ought not to be impeached or questioned in any court or place out of Parliament”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447November 25, 2019 1:32 PM

[quote]The Right Wing would absolutely welcome the Devil if he gave them right wing judges and tax cuts for the rich (and he would).

Don't remember if I saw it here or somewhere else but it bears repeating:

Imagine if in the 2020 election the candidates are Satan (R) and Jesus Christ (D), guess who the Rethugs and MAGAts will vote for while "praising God".

by Anonymousreply 448November 25, 2019 2:28 PM

Reuters:

Trump ordered Pentagon to let Navy SEAL keep Trident pin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449November 25, 2019 3:15 PM

More distraction. Fuck that Orange Clown.

by Anonymousreply 450November 25, 2019 3:20 PM

Bloomberg:

Impeachment Reaches Decision Stage as Democrats Review Evidence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451November 25, 2019 3:25 PM

Washington Post:

White House review turns up emails showing extensive effort to justify Trump’s decision to block Ukraine military aid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452November 25, 2019 3:26 PM

CNN:

Ruling on test of White House witness immunity claims coming Monday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453November 25, 2019 3:29 PM

NYT:

Why Giuliani Singled Out 2 Ukrainian Oligarchs to Help Dig Up Dirt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454November 25, 2019 3:32 PM

"The Navy has revoked 154 Trident pins since 2011."

Bad seals!

by Anonymousreply 455November 25, 2019 4:06 PM

Rudy sends a text message to New York Magazine's Olivia Nuzzi:

“Garbage your publication cannot be counted on to report fairly on this salacious stupidity,” he wrote. “I am a high functioning human being able to outwork people half my age. Compared to Biden and Pelosi, I’m a phenom.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456November 25, 2019 4:20 PM

Wow, even a right wing site like Mediaite is recognizing that Giuliani is nuts

by Anonymousreply 457November 25, 2019 4:21 PM

The GOP capitulation to Trump, a tale told in Rick Perry headlines:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458November 25, 2019 4:23 PM

Miss "I got a case of Kompromat" is blasting away on Twitter today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459November 25, 2019 4:27 PM

LOL, r458. Priceless. I’m sure they could do the same with Cruz, Rubio, Miz Lindsey, etc.

by Anonymousreply 460November 25, 2019 4:33 PM

Senator Coons rips into Miz Lindzey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461November 25, 2019 4:37 PM

Not sure if this was shared here but it's very interesting and comforting. Makes me hopeful that things will work out well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462November 25, 2019 4:48 PM

Once again, the comments to Mz. Lindz’s Twitter feed are just wonderful. Drag that closeted hypocrite’s fat ass all day and all night.

by Anonymousreply 463November 25, 2019 4:51 PM

We need to start talking about real bread and butter issues, and not Globull Warming crap all the time. Income disparity, healthcare. This is what voters care about.

by Anonymousreply 464November 25, 2019 5:22 PM

[quote]Globull Warming crap

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 465November 25, 2019 5:38 PM

Isn’t “An election’s coming, let the PEOPLE decide” properly translated:

“An election’s coming, let RUSSIA decide”?

by Anonymousreply 466November 25, 2019 5:42 PM

Conservative-leaning lawyers criticize Barr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467November 25, 2019 5:46 PM

R465 That line is on par with their BS about gun control conversations aren’t the right time after a mass shooting.

by Anonymousreply 468November 25, 2019 5:47 PM

R464 - Truth!

R465 - Shadd up Mary.

by Anonymousreply 469November 25, 2019 5:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470November 25, 2019 5:58 PM

Boris is trolling today pushing anti-climate change.

by Anonymousreply 471November 25, 2019 6:02 PM

I noticed that as well, r471. It's times like this that we get heavier infestations. Time for....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472November 25, 2019 6:18 PM

The Examiner:

‘Tremendous value’: White House began storing texts last year, creating evidence cache for Democrats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473November 25, 2019 6:24 PM

Washington Post:

The latest Ukraine revelation spotlights a major gap in Trump’s defense

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474November 25, 2019 6:27 PM

Politico:

Graham defends requesting Biden docs: 'That’s the way it works in politics'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475November 25, 2019 6:30 PM

Daily Beast:

The Chronicles of Nunes: How His Impeachment Speeches Created an Alternate Reality for GOP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476November 25, 2019 6:33 PM

R475, you can always count on Linz for dazzling logic . . .

by Anonymousreply 477November 25, 2019 6:34 PM

I wonder if Miss Lindsey is obsessed with Hunter Biden because he has a crush. Hunter is HOT

by Anonymousreply 478November 25, 2019 6:39 PM

Devin Nunes translates into Dmitri Nemov.

by Anonymousreply 479November 25, 2019 6:52 PM

Nunes looks like he has loud and explosive farts. Often.

by Anonymousreply 480November 25, 2019 7:15 PM

Four years ago Grahama Lindsey was tearfully paying tribute to Joe Biden, now he's done a 180 on Biden. He hated Trump in 2016, and he did another 180. He's 64, never been married or had a partner (that we know of). I think Trump has the goods on him with kids.

by Anonymousreply 481November 25, 2019 7:21 PM

the way Nunes was looking down when Swalwell brought up his misdeed in the impeachment hearing was very telling. Innocent people don't look down with shame. He wasn't even surprised it came up either

he really is bottom of the barrel trash

have to say I'm surprised that Stefanik reps an area of NY that borders Vermont. I was thinking she'd be more to the center or west upstate

by Anonymousreply 482November 25, 2019 7:27 PM

[R480] Nunes IS a loud and explosive fart.

by Anonymousreply 483November 25, 2019 7:28 PM

Stefanik reps that area because her parents have a vacation home there that she claims is her primary address. In reality she lives in DC. I believe her family owns or owned at one time a summer camp.

It;s also convenient for her because it's a low-population area out of the public spotlight that she can ignore without too much concern that anyone outside of that area will ever hear how much the locals think she fucking sucks. Which they do.

by Anonymousreply 484November 25, 2019 7:30 PM

R484 right but I mean Vermont is such a liberal state I would have thought the border with NY would be liberal too. I looked at election history and they were blue until 2014 when she got elected. Hopefully next year she's out but it's odd they trended red

by Anonymousreply 485November 25, 2019 7:33 PM

Her being voted in was something of an upset - she has a high energy level and was seen as a fresh face and I think that's what pushed her over the top. But she's been an absentee landlord of sorts ever since with no public accountability. That pisses people off.

by Anonymousreply 486November 25, 2019 7:35 PM

Sometimes the master has to keep his subject's mouth shut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487November 25, 2019 7:40 PM

WSJ:

Federal Subpoenas Seek Information on Giuliani's Consulting Business

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488November 25, 2019 7:44 PM

LINDZ & SPURS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489November 25, 2019 7:45 PM

the McGahn ruling is due today, right?

by Anonymousreply 490November 25, 2019 7:57 PM

My goodness, Rick Perry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491November 25, 2019 8:04 PM

R479

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492November 25, 2019 8:15 PM

Washington Post:

Mired in trench warfare, Trump makes up poll numbers that show him winning handily

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493November 25, 2019 8:17 PM

Will Hurd gave the GOP cover. I guess lying about a blow job is bad but withholding legal Congressional approved aide to an ally unless they investigated a domestic political rival. And lets not forget the 10 counts of Obstruction Of Justice in the Mueller report they love to ignore!

by Anonymousreply 494November 25, 2019 8:19 PM

John King calls Nunes' answer "horseshit" on CNN.

[Quote]It would appear that cable news anchors have had quite enough. First there was Nicolle Wallace calling Republican pundits "chickenshit" and now we have CNN's John King calling Devin Nunes' silly excuses for not answering a straightforward yes or no question "horseshit."

[quote]When asked by Maria Bartiromo whether he did or didn't meet with the corrupt Ukrainian prosecutor, Nunes answered by saying, "I think you can understand that I can't compete by trying to debate this out with the public media when 90% of the media are totally corrupt."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495November 25, 2019 8:34 PM

NYT: Who Is Edward Gallagher, the SEAL the Navy Wants to Expel?

The Navy and President Trump have been in a tug of war over Chief Petty Officer Edward Gallagher, the Navy SEAL at the center of a highly publicized war crimes case. The Navy prosecuted Chief Gallagher and wanted to expel him from the SEALs, but the president, as commander in chief, has repeatedly intervened in the sailor’s favor.

Since his arrest last fall, his supporters, including conservative lawmakers and media outlets, have portrayed Chief Gallagher as a valiant SEAL who was being unfairly second-guessed and prosecuted over heat-of-the-moment decisions in a combat zone. But his critics, including some fellow SEALs, have said he had become a rogue operator and poor military role model, and had committed heinous acts of unnecessary violence.

SEALs from the platoon that Chief Gallagher led during a deployment to Mosul, Iraq, in 2017 told military officials that they saw the chief fatally stab a wounded ISIS captive. Navy investigators said while several SEALs were providing medical aid to the fighter, Chief Gallagher took out a handmade hunting knife and stabbed the captive, a teenager, several times in the neck and torso.

The chief was also accused of firing a sniper rifle at civilians, striking a girl wearing a flower-print hijab as she walked along a riverbank and an old man carrying a water jug. Several SEALs broke the group’s code of silence and testified against Chief Gallagher in a military trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496November 25, 2019 8:34 PM

Washington Post:

Pentagon chief says he was ‘flabbergasted’ by Navy secretary’s attempt to make a private deal with Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497November 25, 2019 8:35 PM

[quote]John King calls Nunes' answer "horseshit" on CNN.

"Cowshit" would've been funnier.

by Anonymousreply 498November 25, 2019 8:38 PM

R490, yes, the McGahn decision is still expected today.

by Anonymousreply 499November 25, 2019 8:40 PM

If you think Devin Nunes is a corrupt asshole, please donate to his opponent, Phil Arballo

by Anonymousreply 500November 25, 2019 8:40 PM

Stefanik claiming a vacation home as her primary residence is a joke and I can't believe people actually vote for someone who has obviously no interest in that area or the people. She moved to Washington after graduating from college and has lived there ever since. Never lived there, refuses to do town hall meetings, but claims she knows what her constituents want. Sad thing is she will probably be rewarded with a job in Trump's administration or the GOP if people vote her out next year since she is the "new star of the Republican party" now. I hope her opponent tells everyone in NY21 that Stefanik is only a vacation home owner and not a resident who ever lived there.

by Anonymousreply 501November 25, 2019 8:44 PM

I was just thinking, one year ago in October/November there was news of thousands of people in caravans heading for the border, Trump sending troops to the border, it was called a crisis at the border and it was an election year.

This year, no caravans, no troops, no crisis at the border and not an election year.

I will bet you anything, next year October/November there will be talk of caravans, troops, crisis at the border because it will be an election year. Some people are just never smart enough to know when they are being manipulated.

by Anonymousreply 502November 25, 2019 8:45 PM

NUNES WAS ON FOX BEING ASKED THIS QUESTION, SO HOW WOULD HIM SAYING YES OR NO TO THE ANSWER AFFECT HIM AND HAVE TO DO WITH THE "90% OF THE REST OF THE MEDIA" spinning his answer??

by Anonymousreply 503November 25, 2019 8:53 PM

The Hill:

Rising GOP star thrust into spotlight with Trump defense

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504November 25, 2019 8:55 PM

Why can you go to jail for using an address you don’t live at so your kid can go to a good school, but politicians can do it to run for office?

by Anonymousreply 505November 25, 2019 8:55 PM

Politico:

Democracies on the verge of a nervous breakdown

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506November 25, 2019 8:57 PM

Amazing what passes for a star in their world. You can pretty much be a light bulb with a broken filament and be a start with those low IQ idiots

by Anonymousreply 507November 25, 2019 8:57 PM

That's a very good question, r505.

by Anonymousreply 508November 25, 2019 8:57 PM

Thanks a lot, Katie Hill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509November 25, 2019 9:09 PM

R509...It was reported that her "scandal" was a right wing hitjob...apparently Papadopolous was tweeting about it a day or two before it became public.

by Anonymousreply 510November 25, 2019 9:18 PM

Spotlight:

The GOP's unsubstantiated Ukraine conspiracy theory

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511November 25, 2019 9:20 PM

Daily Beast: When It Comes to Ukraine, Why Are Republicans So Anxious to Play Putin’s Game?

When Senator John N. Kennedy of Louisiana went with a group of fellow Republican lawmakers to celebrate the Fourth of July in Moscow (yes, Moscow) last year, they met with Russian counterparts in what the Russian press described as a “secret room.” Konstantin Kosachev, chairman of Russia's Foreign Affairs Committee, said that Sen. Kennedy had promised to deliver a "tough message" about Russia’s interference in U.S. elections, but when it was his turn to speak, “he had absolutely nothing to say.”

Now the Republicans have plenty to say, and most of it benefits the Kremlin. Indeed, the Republicans of Donald Trump’s regime and the Russians of Vladimir Putin’s often sing in amazing harmony.

When Kennedy was interviewed Sunday by Chris Wallace on Fox News he gave us a striking example of synchronicity. Kennedy, who was educated at Vanderbilt, the University of Virginia and Oxford University’s Magdalen College, and ought to know better, readily echoed a fable spawned by the Russian security services.

“Who do you believe was responsible for hacking the DNC [Democratic National Committee] and [Hillary] Clinton campaign computers, their emails?” Wallace asked. “Was it Russia or Ukraine?” To which Kennedy replied, “I don’t know, nor do you, nor do any others.”

Wallace fired back: “Let me just interrupt to say the entire intelligence community says it was Russia.” Kennedy wobbled: “Right, but it could also be Ukraine.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512November 25, 2019 9:23 PM

The situation with the elections in Hong Kong and the apparent surprise of the Chinese government to realize that things were indeed, that bad, reminds me of the Republicans in the Fox News echo chamber and other right wing talk. Basically, Republicans believe their own propaganda, and don't see signs it isn't true, due to the way the machine is set up.

[quote]According to a report by the South China Morning Post, part of the blame lies in the labyrinthine and uncoordinated methods employed by Beijing to conduct research on the ground in Hong Kong, with multiple channels of people reporting different information to the top. Another reason is that the people it employs to gather information tend to devote more attention to more loyalist voices in the city, rather than to opposition or younger voices—even personal contacts that might expand its worldview are limited, for example by excluding more fervent pro-democracy figures from events featuring visiting Chinese leadership. Meanwhile officials at the top levels of the Hong Kong government are themselves almost studiously out of touch: In public remarks made earlier this month, Hong Kong’s number two official Matthew Cheung said that he wasn’t sure why people were so angry at the government.

[quote]Indeed, in a political system that has grown to be intolerant of any dissent, it’s hard to imagine how the Chinese Communist Party could avoid receiving bad intelligence on Hong Kong—or any other issue, for that matter. Trapped in an echo chamber of its own making, Beijing has, at every juncture, doubled down on its hardline rhetoric that the protesters represent an independence movement committing acts of terrorism, with the support of overseas governments and Western media. While the strategy played well to a nationalism-fueled domestic audience, especially as protests escalated in violence over months, in practice it leaves little room for the party to climb down, and find new and flexible ways of engaging with the genuine demands of the movement which include greater democratic representation and an investigation into police brutality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513November 25, 2019 9:23 PM

And he looks like such a kindly old grandma!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514November 25, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote] Navy investigators said while several SEALs were providing medical aid to the fighter, Chief Gallagher took out a handmade hunting knife and stabbed the captive, a teenager, several times in the neck and torso.

He was tried and found NOT guilty on that charge. He was convicted of posing for a photo with a dead terrorist.

The man who actually did the killing was given immunity, raising strong questions about the selective prosecution's legitimacy.

by Anonymousreply 515November 25, 2019 9:37 PM

r515 they gave him a lesser charge because of his service and record. It's basically a plea bargain.

by Anonymousreply 516November 25, 2019 9:42 PM

Reuters:

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg back at court after hospital stay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517November 25, 2019 9:42 PM

Neocons like R515 are why we end up in wars that never should've happened. He shot civilians for sport, you fucking savage. Why did you leave that part out?

by Anonymousreply 518November 25, 2019 9:47 PM

WSJ: Subpoenas issued to people with ties to Rudy Giuliani and his associates indicate a broad federal investigation into possible:

• Obstruction

• Money Laundering

• Conspiracy to defraud the U.S.

• False statements to the feds

• Failing to register as a foreign agent

• Donating funds from foreign nationals

• Making contributions in the name of another person

• Mail & wire fraud

Among the entities named in the subpoenas are Giuliani Partners, a firm founded by Giuliani in 2002 that had multiple foreign clients, including a city in Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 519November 25, 2019 9:49 PM

I can't see how Rudy doesn't do prison time over this. He's done a LOT of shit.

by Anonymousreply 520November 25, 2019 9:50 PM

BTW, it should come as no surprise that R515 is a Trump supporter if you saw his other posts. Scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 521November 25, 2019 9:52 PM

McGahn MUST testify.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522November 25, 2019 10:11 PM

[quote] He shot civilians for sport, you fucking savage. Why did you leave that part out?

Because the court martial also left it out. He was not convicted of anything of the sort. Just the photo. And yes, I am savage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523November 25, 2019 10:13 PM

Reuters:

U.S. Supreme Court extends block on Trump financial records dispute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524November 25, 2019 10:43 PM

[quote]Because the court martial also left it out. He was not convicted of anything of the sort. Just the photo. And yes, I am savage.

You're also a terrorist. He was in a country killing people who hadn't done anything to us. Drop dead. Neocon parasite.

by Anonymousreply 525November 25, 2019 10:46 PM

but Trump's lawyers will appeal the McGahn decision so who knows how long it will take before we get a final outcome. It should be pretty fucking easy as no one is above the law but who knows

if any court rules McGahn doesn't have to testify, then we would have a new precedent that every American must answer a subpoena EXCEPT those who work in the White House. That's simply not fair.

Hopefully if the case is taken on appeal the judge will maintain the law

by Anonymousreply 526November 25, 2019 10:52 PM

R525 That poster is just trying (poorly) to get a rise out of posters. He is furiously jacking off at home waiting for replies.

Conservatives are addicted to anger and outrage. Their whole machine is based on the addiction model.

by Anonymousreply 527November 25, 2019 10:54 PM

R526, if he appeals, the court he’s appealing to would have to issue a stay. His lawyer has said they’ll comply if a stay isn’t issued.

by Anonymousreply 528November 25, 2019 11:00 PM

The Hill:

Trump defends intervening in war-crimes cases

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529November 25, 2019 11:10 PM

The Hill:

Sarah Sanders defends Trump: He reads 'more than anybody I know'

When pressed by Fox News' Steve Hilton about how she would describe Trump and his leadership style, she said "he's very decisive" and added that's one of the perceptions she doesn't believe readers will get from the book.

"I think it's the opposite of how they lay it out. He takes information from a number of people, very quickly processes it, makes a decision and moves forward," she said. "I mean, I've watched this process play out so many times, sat in hundreds of meetings with the president, and the idea that he can only take in one or two bullets is absurd."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530November 25, 2019 11:20 PM

Hopefully, Schiff will slap warmonger mcmustache with a subpoena since he was looking to this ruling regarding his ability to testify.

by Anonymousreply 531November 25, 2019 11:30 PM

it's ironic how Trump is claiming he's defending war heroes while in reality, a MILITARY COURT is the one that found Gallagher guilty of posing with a dead enemy combatant. Trump is doing ANOTHER disservice to the military by undermining a just ruling against someone who had broken their code of conduct.

This will only put our military at further risk in the future. Enemies will be less inclined to treat them with decency

This will also put regular Americans at greater peril should they be kidnapped in a foreign country

but oh this sells well on Fox so it's a great idea...

by Anonymousreply 532November 25, 2019 11:36 PM

Politico:

Don McGahn must testify about time as White House lawyer, judge rules

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533November 25, 2019 11:37 PM

[quote]All GOP lawmakers must submit to surgical removal of their shame regulators before they're allowed to run for office.

Not to mention their lips.

by Anonymousreply 534November 25, 2019 11:41 PM

The MSM (especially WAPO) is now racheted up to a level of overt anti-Trump hysteria that we have never seen.

by Anonymousreply 535November 26, 2019 12:26 AM

You sound really concerned, R535.

by Anonymousreply 536November 26, 2019 12:29 AM

Really, r536. I think a nice cup of tea and a lie down would be in order.

by Anonymousreply 537November 26, 2019 12:33 AM

[quote] The MSM (especially WAPO) is now racheted up to a level of overt anti-Trump hysteria that we have never seen.

Well, it’s about damn time. Perhaps if they had exhibited a fraction of their current concern three years ago we wouldn’t be in this mess right now.

by Anonymousreply 538November 26, 2019 12:37 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539November 26, 2019 12:39 AM

The "Talking Lindsey", the new craze for the holidays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540November 26, 2019 12:41 AM

[quote]The MSM (especially WAPO) is now racheted up to a level of overt anti-Trump hysteria that we have never seen.

Hysteria? Is that what it is?

by Anonymousreply 541November 26, 2019 12:41 AM

“Vote Right To The Bottom!” has a certain ring to it, r539.

by Anonymousreply 542November 26, 2019 12:46 AM

Are these the drug dealers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543November 26, 2019 12:52 AM

If by anti-Trump hysteria, you mean exposing truth to power, exposing Trump's lies, his crimes and the cover-ups, then I'm all in.

by Anonymousreply 544November 26, 2019 12:53 AM

so now are we going to have an "acting Navy Secretary" too? Yet ANOTHER institution this fucking bastard has disrupted. Are we going to end up with a corrupt Navy now? I mean WTF

Trump & Fox are just politicizing and weaponizing EVERY fucking thing about our country. Just despicable. And FUCK the piece of shit brainless brain washed dumbasses who support Trump & Fox

by Anonymousreply 545November 26, 2019 12:55 AM

"Boris is trolling today pushing anti-climate change.'

Russia wants the planet to warm-up because it will melt the tundra (increased agriculture, fossil fuel exploration) and increase shipping lanes for them around the Arctic- which were previously too dangerous with ice.

by Anonymousreply 546November 26, 2019 1:12 AM

John Kennedy = Hope Emerson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547November 26, 2019 1:18 AM

SERIOUS QUESTION: IF MCGAHN or anyone WANTS to testify how can they be stopped? isn't this the right of every american citizen??

kennedy from weezy-ana is simply a moron and a whore! one can be the most educated person alive, but if they are INHERENTLY a p.o.s. as a human THAT is what rules their lives and rules their decision making in every aspect of life. He wants to have a political career and attention hence why he acts and says what he said.

by Anonymousreply 548November 26, 2019 1:19 AM

[quote]John Kennedy = Hope Emerson

Nah, too butch.

by Anonymousreply 549November 26, 2019 1:21 AM

[quote]Sarah Sanders defends Trump: He reads 'more than anybody I know'

Hey fatass, I work alone. Go terrorize a Golden Corral.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550November 26, 2019 1:26 AM

LOL, r550!

by Anonymousreply 551November 26, 2019 1:32 AM

NYT:

Donald McGahn Must Testify to Congress, Judge Rules; Administration Will Appeal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552November 26, 2019 1:34 AM

NYT: Her Battles With the Press Corps Behind Her, Sanders Plans a Political Future

“There are two types of people who run for office,” Ms. Sanders said over breakfast tacos at a diner in downtown Little Rock last week. “People that are called and people that just want to be a senator or governor. I feel like I’ve been called.”

She presided over punishing Jim Acosta of CNN by suspending his White House access. She phased out the daily press briefings that in recent history have been the main way presidents answer to the public. Her legacy would be “defending the indefensible and not being truthful with the American people,” David Axelrod, a former top adviser to President Barack Obama and a CNN contributor, once said.

But those clashes have now become the icebreaker in the speech she gives to Arkansas audiences.

“I’m just excited to have people clap when I come up to a podium,” she said at a Lincoln-Reagan Day Dinner in Hot Springs one night last week. “It’s very different from what I’m used to. All I can say is thank God I’m back in Arkansas.”

Ms. Sanders’s relationship with reporters reached a nadir in April after it was revealed that she had admitted under oath to investigators working for the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, that her claim at a press briefing that “countless members of the F.B.I.” told her they had lost confidence in the bureau’s director, James B. Comey, was a “slip of the tongue” that was not based on any facts.

In Hot Springs, the crowd was hardly dwelling on the incident.

“The main thing I like about her is her honesty,” said Carla Shelton, a small-business owner who brought her daughter to hear Ms. Sanders speak. “She got a bad rap because people are offended that she does tell the truth. I’m 100 percent behind her.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553November 26, 2019 1:46 AM

John Kennedy joins Miss Lindz in the "old Southern men who look like lesbians" club

by Anonymousreply 554November 26, 2019 1:49 AM

McGahn was WH council when Trump submitted his mendacious written replies to Mueller.

Mueller knows Trump lied and that it was McGahn who wrote the replies.

This is a reason that the Mueller interviews have not been released. McGahn needs to go to jail but Barr...

by Anonymousreply 555November 26, 2019 1:49 AM

SANDERS "CALL/CALLING" WAS 911!

WHO WITH HALF A BRAIN whose spent any REMOTE attention to sanders and whose english was their first and native language would think she was "honest"!...

by Anonymousreply 556November 26, 2019 1:51 AM

Bette knew how to deal with the Carla Sheltons of the world, r556.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557November 26, 2019 1:59 AM

well if she runs for a seat in Arkansas she'll likely win it sadly

by Anonymousreply 558November 26, 2019 2:25 AM

So, I was reading that Trump wants to campaign with the convicted war criminal that he pardoned.

Can you imagine being a Republican Senator, and Trump shows up at your event with a convicted war criminal, who you will be expected to warmly welcome? I'm not quite sure that's the kind of media attention that they will want.

by Anonymousreply 559November 26, 2019 2:57 AM

R559 the deplorables will love it. They don't care if someone in the military breaks the code of conduct. it'll give them a chance to again falsely assert ownership over the military even though they have no issues disparaging veterans who testify the truth if it's harmful to Trump (like with Vindman and his treatment on Fox)

by Anonymousreply 560November 26, 2019 3:32 AM

This just proves that Dump loves the Military and loves Murica!

by Anonymousreply 561November 26, 2019 3:36 AM

[quote]Pelosi: "The Courts have been clear: the President's insistence that he is above the law is an offense to our Constitution ... Today's ... decision in the McGahn case is yet another resounding ruling that the Admin's claim of 'absolute immunity' ... has no basis in the law."

by Anonymousreply 562November 26, 2019 3:46 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563November 26, 2019 3:51 AM

Nancy just need to take away his phone and send him this room without supper.

by Anonymousreply 564November 26, 2019 3:58 AM

Subpoena indicates federal investigators interested in Giuliani's business

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565November 26, 2019 3:59 AM

John Bolton is so very much a typical war hawk: talks a good game, all about going to war with rogue nations, but a craven underneath it all when it comes to his own duties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566November 26, 2019 4:29 AM

Barr must be investigated by the DOJ in the next administration. His crimes must be brought to light.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567November 26, 2019 4:32 AM

I wish Miss Conan had taken a dump in the Oval Office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568November 26, 2019 4:32 AM

Barr is above the law. No one is going to investigate him!

by Anonymousreply 569November 26, 2019 4:35 AM

National Enquirer company chief David Pecker talking with New York prosecutors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570November 26, 2019 4:37 AM

[quote]Before we get too excited, McGahn/DOJ can appeal, so nothing happens immediately & the judge ruled McGahn must show up but may still assert privilege & decline to answer some questions. Expect more litigation.

by Anonymousreply 571November 26, 2019 4:44 AM

I so wanted that dog, Conan, to jump up and attack Trump. Wouldn't it have been funny if Trump had attempted to pet him and the dog would have snapped at his hand? He would have smelled the fear.

by Anonymousreply 572November 26, 2019 4:49 AM

Like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573November 26, 2019 5:16 AM

Gross.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574November 26, 2019 5:41 AM

Katie Hill never should have vacated.

by Anonymousreply 575November 26, 2019 5:50 AM

Agreed. There was no reason for her to when Rethugs continue to do all the crap they do.

by Anonymousreply 576November 26, 2019 5:50 AM

Sadly, he could do well out in that district. Full of Rethugs out there.

by Anonymousreply 577November 26, 2019 6:18 AM

Yeah, apparently Katie was a big deal since she took the seat from Rethugs holding it for decades.

by Anonymousreply 578November 26, 2019 6:19 AM

Is he even from that District?

by Anonymousreply 579November 26, 2019 6:20 AM

Her new campaign posters:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580November 26, 2019 6:33 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581November 26, 2019 6:33 AM

Unbelievable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582November 26, 2019 6:34 AM

Shucksabee has never looked better than in those drawings. Her real face would scare children.

by Anonymousreply 583November 26, 2019 6:34 AM

Do they wrestle in the navy?

by Anonymousreply 584November 26, 2019 6:37 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585November 26, 2019 6:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586November 26, 2019 6:40 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587November 26, 2019 6:42 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588November 26, 2019 6:43 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 589November 26, 2019 6:43 AM

this

by Anonymousreply 590November 26, 2019 6:43 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 591November 26, 2019 6:44 AM

out

by Anonymousreply 592November 26, 2019 6:44 AM

Link

by Anonymousreply 593November 26, 2019 6:44 AM

below

by Anonymousreply 594November 26, 2019 6:44 AM

to

by Anonymousreply 595November 26, 2019 6:44 AM

the

by Anonymousreply 596November 26, 2019 6:44 AM

new

by Anonymousreply 597November 26, 2019 6:44 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 598November 26, 2019 6:45 AM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599November 26, 2019 6:45 AM

Thread Closed.

by Anonymousreply 600November 26, 2019 6:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!