Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tyler Christopher Arrested

The fired Days of our Lives drunk is at it again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512December 22, 2019 6:31 AM

Christ on a cracker.

That handsome guy became this pretty fast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2019 6:07 PM

That's too bad. I've always liked him. Wonder why he's in Indiana? I hope he can deal with his issues.

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2019 6:08 PM

Thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2019 6:18 PM

DOOL?

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2019 7:11 PM

More details from TMZ. Poor guy seems to major alcoholic.

"Tyler's arrest capped off an alarming bender that possibly went on for weeks. Cops say they were contacted on Nov. 11 by an Uber driver who drove him home ... because Christopher had passed out in the back seat and urinated himself. He also allegedly had 2 fifths of bourbon on him ... one of which was halfway drank.

The docs say police have received 9 calls regarding Christopher being intoxicated since September 14, and medical personnel advised law enforcement there was nothing more they could do for him ... they'd already tried to help him.

For example -- Christopher was detained just days earlier on Nov. 8 for public intoxication at a Walgreens when someone reported he was trying to get inside their vehicle. Cops say Tyler was bleeding from the bridge of his nose and had urinated in his sweatpants ... and possibly hit his head.

Instead of being arrested, he was taken to the ER to be examined, but also took a breath test ... and registered a BAC of .267% -- more than 3 times the legal driving limit.

The docs say he got transported to a medical center for more treatment, and a warrant was filed for his arrest upon being released. Apparently, he checked himself out on Nov. 11 against medical advice ... before he was arrested for the Uber incident."

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2019 7:19 PM

Wow that is very very sad R5. Sounds like he could be drinking himself to death.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2019 7:22 PM

Where in Indiana? Was he stalking a gay mayor perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2019 7:25 PM

They say he's in Martinsville, which is a very small town midway between Indy and Bloomington. Why is he there?

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2019 7:33 PM

I'd drink all the time too if I had to live there.

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2019 7:33 PM

Now Corday has a reason not to rehire him.

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2019 7:39 PM

Tyler & his family moved to Indiana a few years ago.

His drinking towards the end of his GH run was causing him to show up late & hung over. He wasn't prepared & he was being caustic on the set. The EP at GH tried to get him to go into rehab but he refused. He was told his job would be secure if he entered rehab but he still refused. The show fired him & did an emergency recast to quickly write of the character.

Several months later he landed a job on DAYS. His drinking eventually started impacting his work there. He was slurring words on screen. He was showing up hung over & blowing his lines. It got to the point where he showed up too drunk to perform on 3 occasions. The final time he was so drunk he had to carted off the show by a stretcher. Like GH the people at DAYS tried to get him to enter rehab but he refused & he was replaced.

His wife left him & filed for divorce. That got him into rehab. After rehab they reconciled but his wife didn't withdraw her petition for divorce. She just put the brakes on it. Last week his wife reactivated the divorce petition & sued for sole custody of the kids.

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2019 8:13 PM

R10

Corday was never going to re-hire him. His replacement Brandon Barash was very successful & has already returned to tape after his character's "death".

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2019 8:15 PM

Martinsville used to be known for its large number of KKK members. Total shithole. I grew up in Indiana and never looked back when I left 20 years ago. I'd be a drunk pissing all over myself, too, if I had to live there. Looks like his wife is a pit reporter for the Indy 500.

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2019 9:50 PM

^^^

Her daddy is a big deal in racing. She comes from wealth.

by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2019 9:52 PM

R11 So very sad. He needs help!

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2019 9:59 PM

He had a hot ass, but it couldn't last forever:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2019 10:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2019 10:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 13, 2019 10:13 PM

Has Eva Longoria commented?

by Anonymousreply 19November 13, 2019 10:18 PM

Must be in some major pain to let his life spiral so far out of control. I mean, both GH and Days gave him the option of going to rehab to keep his job and he declines. Who knows how many other interventions have happened with family and friends. But he keeps choosing alcohol.

I realize alcoholism is a disease. But to let things get so far out of control. To lose two jobs over it. The alcohol must be affecting his brain too.

by Anonymousreply 20November 14, 2019 12:14 AM

When he was younger I think he and Vanessa Marcil did an interview in which he talked about suffering from depression.

by Anonymousreply 21November 14, 2019 12:16 AM

Didn’t Vanessa make him change his last name when they were dating? I believe he was Tyler Baker at one point...

by Anonymousreply 22November 14, 2019 12:27 AM

I don't know but I think they said that they were worried about passing on a predisposition to depression in their children.

by Anonymousreply 23November 14, 2019 12:30 AM

Where's the photo of him with his big penga in his tidy whities?

by Anonymousreply 24November 14, 2019 12:50 AM

Is there such a photo?

by Anonymousreply 25November 14, 2019 12:56 AM

While I admit the man is quite talented, I've never been much of a fan.

He broods quite well. And was nice to look at in his younger days. But neither his Nikolas nor his Stephan ever appealed to me. He doesn't add things to his characters to endear them to me.

I grew to tolerate him because he was Laura's son on GH. But I never warned up to him at all as Stephan on Days. Was in fact, delighted when he left.

by Anonymousreply 26November 14, 2019 1:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2019 1:11 AM

r22 His full name is Tyler Christopher Baker.

When he started on GH, his stage name was Tyler Baker.

Soon after he started dating Vanessa Marcil, he changed his stage name to Tyler Christopher. At the time, the soap rags reported he made the change because they were considering marriage. Don't think they were officially engaged, but they were at least tossing the idea around. Reportedly, Vanessa thought Vanessa Marcil Christopher sounded better than Vanessa Marcil Baker.

by Anonymousreply 28November 14, 2019 1:17 AM

Very sad, no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 29November 14, 2019 1:20 AM

Damn — a blood alcohol level of .267% is the equivalent of more than a dozen beers or shots within two hours.

How is he still alive?

by Anonymousreply 30November 14, 2019 1:38 AM

Vanessa Marcil Used to be a bad alcoholic, too. Let’s not forget who she was married to, as well. Her and Corey Feldman were married four years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 14, 2019 1:48 AM

After Vanessa dumped him, he got involved with Vanessa lookalike Eva Longoria.

Tyler and Eva met on the GH set when Eva had a walk on part as a Brenda lookalike.

by Anonymousreply 32November 14, 2019 1:53 AM

I'd like to be his cell mate...he's so sexy!

by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2019 1:55 AM

You find this sexy r33?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2019 1:58 AM

NLG and Greg Vaughan tweeting support:

“I say this with love,” Grahn tweeted to TMZ, “but I can assure you that Tyler wasn’t out having ‘birthday fun’. He has a horrible disease. Tyler is at risk of losing his life if he doesn’t get help, maintain treatment & work a program and there’s nothing fun about it. He needs help not exposure.”

Former DAYS co-star Greg Vaughan (Eric) also reached out via Twitter saying, “Regardless of any news or opinions, like myself, I ask you to respectfully offer nothing but our deepest loving prayers, and continuous courage & support to our friend Tyler Christopher & his family.”

by Anonymousreply 35November 14, 2019 2:01 AM

[quote]“I say this with love,” Grahn tweeted to TMZ, “but I can assure you that Tyler wasn’t out having ‘birthday fun’. He has a horrible disease. Tyler is at risk of losing his life if he doesn’t get help, maintain treatment & work a program and there’s nothing fun about it. He needs help not exposure.”

So, NLG is essentially saying that Tyler is an alcoholic and his disease of alcoholism is to such an extreme that he likely will die if he doesn't stop drinking. She just doesn't use the word "alcoholic" in her tweet.

by Anonymousreply 36November 14, 2019 2:07 AM

R35 good for Greg for speaking out and stating the truth. Sad, Tyler would choose alcohol over work (especially in the celebrity world, money, contacts, LA) that definitely shows a man ready to give up.

He needs to be added to 2020 Death Predictions.

by Anonymousreply 37November 14, 2019 2:08 AM

he looks like he may have some Native American blood in him. Drinkie is no good!

by Anonymousreply 38November 14, 2019 2:12 AM

Could GH bringing on a new Nikolas be what spun him out of control? Sad! Loved him on GH.

by Anonymousreply 39November 14, 2019 2:19 AM

He reminds me of a guy I knew who literally had it all. Looks,brains,lots of inherited money but he was dead from drinking by 45 . Nothing anyone did seemed to stop him.I will say unlike Tyler,my friend stayed pretty hot till the last year or two.

by Anonymousreply 40November 14, 2019 2:19 AM

I knew a guy like that as well R40 , handsome, successful architect from prominent family and quite literally drank himself to death at 55yrs old,

by Anonymousreply 41November 14, 2019 2:22 AM

R17 Wow, he was perfection

by Anonymousreply 42November 14, 2019 2:27 AM

Was he molested?

by Anonymousreply 43November 14, 2019 4:02 AM

R38 Apparently he thought he was, but like millions of others who have been told that, a DNA test proved otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 44November 14, 2019 4:09 AM

He had a hot beefy frame in his day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 14, 2019 4:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 14, 2019 6:01 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 14, 2019 6:06 AM

I'd see Tyler at soap events in LA and he'd look amazing; rocking body; he could wear a wife beater and get away with it. It just hung on him.

then I'd see him not much longer later and he'd be all bloated.

poor guy. wonder what his demons are. I hope he doesn't die.

by Anonymousreply 48November 14, 2019 6:19 AM

As mentioned above, he talked about his struggles with depression when he was with Vanessa Marcil.

by Anonymousreply 49November 14, 2019 7:10 AM

The marriage is dead, but you can still send them a honeymoon gift. T-a-c-k-y........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 16, 2019 12:18 AM

I've known a few people in L.A. who were just so sure they were going to make it big. Years of hustling, auditions, and going to any industry party they could get an invite to. Beautiful, sexy people... but as the years passed and their dream evaporated, alcohol and drugs made inroads into their lives. Sad.

Even with his beauty and success on soaps, maybe Tyler wanted to make it on the big screen or his own series. Once that fantasy crashed, perhaps he picked up a bottle and never looked back. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 51November 16, 2019 12:41 AM

Update

The judge refused to demand or even recommend alcohol treatment despite the police & DA asking for it.

WTF??? He's going to be dead if he doesn't get into rehab

by Anonymousreply 52November 16, 2019 6:29 AM

Early on, he was viewed as one of the young actors with the "It" factor. He was expected to break out to major stardom because of his camera presence alone. Never happened.

by Anonymousreply 53November 17, 2019 1:17 AM

He wants to die. He's free to choose his choice. I just hope he doesn't take anyone else with him, in a car or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 54November 17, 2019 3:58 AM

R53 He left GH soon after JJ and thought he’d make it big. Even GF said he wasn’t ready to leave.

by Anonymousreply 55November 17, 2019 4:04 AM

Our "Kelly Monaco" thread just got pay-walled, shall we piggyback onto this one? It might last a bit longer than a new dedicated GH thread.

by Anonymousreply 56November 21, 2019 8:52 PM

r56

I agree, best to piggyback this one.

The episode that aired yesterday and again today (but not in my area) is finally up on abc.com.

by Anonymousreply 57November 21, 2019 9:02 PM

Tyler's naked ass:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 21, 2019 9:12 PM

It makes no sense that the wife made him change his name to Tyler Christopher because she thought Vanessa Marcil Christopher sounded better than Vanessa Marcil Baker. Her legal name wouldn't be Christopher because that is just his stage name.

by Anonymousreply 59November 21, 2019 9:25 PM

And besides, wives don't have to change their last names to the husband's last name. This isn't 1764.

by Anonymousreply 60November 21, 2019 9:28 PM

Jane Elliot return confirmed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 21, 2019 9:53 PM

I liked JPS and MW's scenes today, they play well off each other and seemed to really be enjoying themselves. We should have more Val/Ava. MW looks good even without makeup.

Brook Lynn is a keeper. Uncle Dimples?

by Anonymousreply 62November 21, 2019 10:00 PM

Good for JE to return for a short visit. Nice surprise for us and guess it breaks up her retirement routine.

Guess the benefit of being regularly paywalled is that the moderators will actually have to watch the show to catch the thread references

by Anonymousreply 63November 21, 2019 10:10 PM

[quote]

Jane Elliot return confirmed

YAY!!! I have a feeling the still unresolved issue of Oscar's bequested ELQ shares is what's behind the returns of both Tracy and Brook Lynn. There's a battle a brewing, now that they dropped the bit about Nelle's marriage, which we all know is going to make her Shiloh's widow and latest claimant to a piece of the ELQ pie.

If this thread gets locked, maybe our next one should be "Uncle Dimples," lol.

by Anonymousreply 64November 21, 2019 10:15 PM

I guess MW was this week’s guest on SB’s podcast and both admitted TPTB made a mistake with not pairing them when Jason returned during the Patient 6 thing. Those nutty Jasam stans are pissed.

by Anonymousreply 65November 21, 2019 10:21 PM

Will it take the ELQ attorneys to remind the family that they need to deal with the real Drew's shares, even though the entire town has now completely forgotten about him?

They sure saved a lot of money by not having a funeral for Alan's son. But I don't think AJ got one either. Edward would be proud.

by Anonymousreply 66November 22, 2019 12:09 AM

Liking the nuNikolas more and more each day. Excellent casting.

Tyler who?

by Anonymousreply 67November 22, 2019 12:16 AM

R64

Dear God don't name the next thread after anything Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 68November 22, 2019 12:38 AM

Poor Tyler Christopher, you guys!! Hijacking his thread like this just to talk about nothing really. And you R67, appropriating the Nu prefix from Days for “nuNikolas”! That’s a Days thing for the Nu teens and you know it! Soap thieves! All of y’all.. In the name of T.C! Stop it! (and I don’t mean Tyson Chicken)

by Anonymousreply 69November 22, 2019 12:52 AM

With Monica's weird attachment to Franco-Drew, it probably didn't even occur to her that a funeral was needed since she had the lab-created replacement to fill the void. This woman embodies the term "denial."

by Anonymousreply 70November 22, 2019 12:52 AM

I can’t believe they haven’t even mentioned a funeral for Drew. Does Sprout even know her daddy is dead?

by Anonymousreply 71November 22, 2019 1:33 AM

So with Kim gone and most likely Franco coming back do we go back to boring happy little family Franco, Liz and the boys. I can't imagine what they'll do to make them interesting. I don't think they're going to do any more story about the gay kid. Cam will have his own romantic story with one of the boring teen girls. I guess the big story of the winter, leading to Feb sweeps will be Sonny's RL son.

by Anonymousreply 72November 22, 2019 2:41 AM

R72

In Altman's exit interview she said the network made them end the gay story of Aiden. She said that was one of her disappointments because they had more story planned.

That right there is a prime example of networks being so stuck in the way way past. One of the reasons American soaps are dying because they're so anachronistic.

by Anonymousreply 73November 22, 2019 4:02 AM

He was hotter when he was young and hot

by Anonymousreply 74November 22, 2019 4:18 AM

Weren't we all r74 ? Weren't we all?

by Anonymousreply 75November 22, 2019 7:07 AM

Jane Elliot returning for the holidays.

Do a search.

by Anonymousreply 76November 22, 2019 3:57 PM

Or just do a quick scroll up a few posts r76

Could someone explain how BrookLynn thinks Sonny is her uncle?

by Anonymousreply 77November 22, 2019 4:36 PM

[quote]Could someone explain how BrookLynn thinks Sonny is her uncle?

Likely because Brook Lynn's mother Lois and Sonny grew up together in Bensonhurst. Lois thinks of Sonny like a brother.

by Anonymousreply 78November 22, 2019 4:43 PM

[quote]That right there is a prime example of networks being so stuck in the way way past. One of the reasons American soaps are dying because they're so anachronistic.

There are some bad soap writers, no doubt about it, but also the networks stifle any real creativity. You end up with the same old same old. Think about the whole of soap opera, there have been very few game changing moments.

1) ATWT and the focus on family over a singular character

2) Y&R debut and it's focus on pretty actors and dark lighting and provocative, psychological stories.

3) GH turns into James Bond lead by a problematic antihero

4) Days of our Lives puts the devil in Marlena.

There are probably a few others, but those are the points when soap opera really took a chance and it paid off. No one on the network side has the stomach to go bold any longer. Soaps exist to keep fanbases happy.

by Anonymousreply 79November 22, 2019 4:55 PM

Jax's charm, abundant as it is, can not carry this chemistry-free, mismatch with vanilla Nina the writers are intent on pushing.

by Anonymousreply 80November 22, 2019 6:30 PM

JE looks good.

by Anonymousreply 81November 22, 2019 6:46 PM

Is this the same NuDanny or is this a NuNuDanny?

by Anonymousreply 82November 22, 2019 6:50 PM

Now that Luke and Tracy are on fixed incomes, they must be trying to save some money by using the same big bottle of hair dye.

by Anonymousreply 83November 22, 2019 6:51 PM

[quote]Jax's charm, abundant as it is, can not carry this chemistry-free, mismatch with vanilla Nina the writers are intent on pushing.

Agree. Who would he pair well with, who's currently available? Ava? It would make Carly's head explode and that's a plus, but it would probably turn into another saint/sinner dynamic like she had with Griffin and that got old. The little thing he has with Obrecht is cute, but I doubt that would go beyond casual. Brook Lynn? I don't really feel that one, but Jax and her mother were great friends back in the day so there's a connection there. Hayden, maybe, if she wasn't leaving.

by Anonymousreply 84November 22, 2019 6:53 PM

I don't think anyone currently on canvas suits Jax, he needs to be paired with someone tall, beautiful, sassy. Writers need to invent a long lost half sister for Julian and Ava who comes to town, surely Victor Jerome slept around with more than just Ava's mother. Or hire a new female doctor to replace Kim Nero. Either way, make sure whoever screen tests IR/Potential Love Interest is not vision or hearing impaired.

Sasha is not an option, too young, voice is grating and too bland.

by Anonymousreply 85November 22, 2019 7:25 PM

Has there ever been a truly on fire combo with Jax? He's kind of always gone from one alright pairing to another alright pairing

by Anonymousreply 86November 22, 2019 7:38 PM

Has GH ever really had any major, big deal couples that weren't Luke and Laura? There were some popular pairings, but none of them were ever really that big.

by Anonymousreply 87November 22, 2019 7:47 PM

R78

Sonny is Brooklyn's god father. (pardon the pun).

by Anonymousreply 88November 22, 2019 9:00 PM

R87

Frisco & Felicia were big The Sonny/Brenda/Jax triangle was big Lots of big couples but none as Earth shattering as Luke & Laura. They're in a class by them selves across the entire genre.

by Anonymousreply 89November 22, 2019 9:06 PM

R82 Same NuDanny

by Anonymousreply 90November 22, 2019 9:30 PM

I keep seeing this thread and think, “Yikes! He was arrested again!”

by Anonymousreply 91November 22, 2019 9:31 PM

R89 that was great TV the love triangle with Sonny and Brenda. I was addicted to GH from age 12-27. I saw Ingo live on a talk show.

by Anonymousreply 92November 22, 2019 9:33 PM

They've always had problems pairing Ingo with a female. As gorgeous as Ingo is and as charasmatic as he can be, its just hard to find a leading lady with whom he has chemistry.

Jax's best pairing has always been Brenda. Second best pairing was with Carly. None of the others were terribly memorable.

I mean, at one point they even had him paired with a recurring day player who played a police officer named V. Adonousky, the V being short for Venus.

In fairness, B&B had a hard time pairing Ingo up during the year he played Thorne. They eventually paired him with Heather Tom as Katie Logan, but it was a yawn worthy duo.

by Anonymousreply 93November 22, 2019 10:13 PM

I thought Ingo and NLG had chemistry but they always kept Jax and Alexis as friends. He had chemistry with Robin Christopher too.

by Anonymousreply 94November 22, 2019 10:32 PM

I bet you he has #metoo issues...there is a story there.

by Anonymousreply 95November 22, 2019 10:35 PM

R94 isn’t Nancy G a lesbian. Ingo is gay.

by Anonymousreply 96November 22, 2019 10:51 PM

[quote]He had chemistry with Robin Christopher too.

Another reason to bring Skye back and expand the Q clan.

by Anonymousreply 97November 22, 2019 10:54 PM

[quote]I bet you he has #metoo issues...there is a story there.

Probably a third of the leading men on soaps had some form of a #metoo issue over the years.

by Anonymousreply 98November 22, 2019 10:56 PM

What about Ingo and Maurice? Behind the scenes?

by Anonymousreply 99November 22, 2019 10:57 PM

[quote]I mean, at one point they even had him paired with a recurring day player who played a police officer named V. Adonousky, the V being short for Venus.

Loved V. Ardanowski! She was only ever Jax's assistant, though, nothing romantic. Her love interest, whom she eventually ran off with, was Simon Prentiss, a playboy gambler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 22, 2019 11:16 PM

IR complained to tptb about SB's juice sales on set or to fans, so for this alone I love him.

by Anonymousreply 101November 22, 2019 11:19 PM

JE looks naturally lovely, not like she's had anything done. I think she's gone gray and is still beautiful.

I think "Uncle Dimples" is a great title for a thread.

by Anonymousreply 102November 23, 2019 2:17 AM

Jax was best with Skye! I bet he could be great with Nik.

Bring back daddy Ric for Ava...

by Anonymousreply 103November 23, 2019 2:19 AM

Will the writers reveal that Nik got brain damage from his fall into the ocean and that's why he's now acting like a idiot?

by Anonymousreply 104November 23, 2019 2:55 AM

Is he single?

by Anonymousreply 105November 23, 2019 3:48 AM

R96

NLG is straight & has a long history of screwing other soap stars. She's officially engaged now to her longtime boyfriend. He's a musician.

by Anonymousreply 106November 23, 2019 6:16 AM

R85

Way back in the day I wanted a Jax & Liz pairing. This was when Lucky was being such a prick to Liz, Liz & Lucky were desperate for money so she volunteered to be a surrogate for Jax & Courtney. She wound up losing the baby. I thought GH missed a big opportunity of Jax/Liz turning to each other when their marriages imploded.

I loved Jax & Brenda back in the day. Good God were they just gorgeous. Now I don't want anyone with him. Ingo is such a POS after his comments regarding pussy gate.

by Anonymousreply 107November 23, 2019 6:22 AM

R107 What did he say?

by Anonymousreply 108November 23, 2019 6:32 AM

R93 I loved V! They should've made her a cast member.

by Anonymousreply 109November 23, 2019 6:33 AM

Jax had chemistry with Carly - when she was played by Tamara Braun. Instead of writing off Kim, why didn't they pair her with Jax? That would have been interesting.

by Anonymousreply 110November 23, 2019 6:39 AM

Show didn't ever pair Jax with V Ardanowski, but it looked like they might go there at one point.

V had a huge crush on Jax. That was obvious from the outset. At one point Jax confronted her about it and she denied it. But I thought they were going to eventually go to a romance between them. However, they wrote V off the show soon after that.

I was particularly intrigued by that possible romance since Ingo was so much better looking than Lisa Ceraslo (who played V). Usually, they pair a 10 with a 10. While Ingo was a 10, Lisa was not. And I wondered if they did pair the two, if they would address the mental insecurities that come up when you're with a guy/girl who's so far out of your league.

They'd already had V mention a few times about being insecure about her appearance in general. So it seemed natural that if they paired Jax and V that insecurities about being with someone out of your league would arise. Frankly, I figured the reason V denied having a crush on Jax when she clearly did was because of her insecurities and that would eventually come out as they moved them toward a romance.

Maybe that was the original plan. But they wrote V off, never to be mentioned again.

by Anonymousreply 111November 23, 2019 8:20 AM

When they did Wife Swap, Tyler's wife went to be with ancient queen Ronn Moss.

The funny part was the Christopher family was supposed to be very "health" conscious. Guess that didn't include booze.

Vanessa Marcil is a fuckin whore who will screw anything to advance her career.

by Anonymousreply 112November 23, 2019 8:55 AM

Are Tyler and his wife still together? What about his son Grayson?

by Anonymousreply 113November 23, 2019 9:00 AM

R113 His wife filed for divorce months ago.

R110 Tamara had chemistry with Ingo, Mo and Steve during her Carly days. Why they stuck her with Billy and WDv is beyond me. Though tbh they should’ve just brought her back as Carly.

by Anonymousreply 114November 23, 2019 11:52 AM

[quote] His wife filed for divorce months ago.

Well, that is likely what's been causing, or at least greatly contributing to, his downward spiral in recent months.

Didn't I read somewhere that his mother died in the past year or so? That's what likely started his descent.

by Anonymousreply 115November 23, 2019 12:28 PM

R112

I think it's a huge stretch to call Marcil a whore to anyone who'll advance her career. She has had long term relationships. She now married to a cop.

by Anonymousreply 116November 23, 2019 1:19 PM

Should have brought Tamara back as Carly! She had chemistry with Jax, Ric, Jason, and of course Sonny!!! What a waste of character Kim was!!!

Jax and Liz could work...

by Anonymousreply 117November 23, 2019 1:21 PM

HEY!!! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT ME!!!

by Anonymousreply 118November 23, 2019 3:00 PM

Yes, show wasted Tamara as Kim Nero. So much potential squandered with idiot decisions by TPTB.

But a decade ago, the show also wasted Sarah Browne as Claudia Zaccara. Brown was capable of such greatness and subtlety, but the show had her go all psycho and over the top. She ate all the scenery in Port Charles by the end.

by Anonymousreply 119November 23, 2019 10:42 PM

R116 what? Where did you read she got remarried?

by Anonymousreply 120November 24, 2019 4:18 AM

[quote]With Monica's weird attachment to Franco-Drew, it probably didn't even occur to her that a funeral was needed since she had the lab-created replacement to fill the void. This woman embodies the term "denial."

It isn't hard to think that Monica would fall into denial, considering all the loss she has experienced.

by Anonymousreply 121November 24, 2019 4:34 AM

In the "that really happened" department, I knew Vanessa Marcil was married to Corey Feldman, but four years? Really?? I figured it was a quick in-and-out. She must know quite a few scoops.

by Anonymousreply 122November 24, 2019 5:09 AM

This is trippy; looks like Vanessa has had quite the makeover since her Corey Feldman days:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123November 24, 2019 6:05 AM

She looks like Julia Roberts in Mystic Pizza.

by Anonymousreply 124November 24, 2019 7:03 AM

She always says she was never married to Corey. That it was just a lie/prank they told their friends. He’s also said she’s the meanest person he’s ever met.

by Anonymousreply 125November 24, 2019 11:13 AM

She's a two-bit whore. When Feldman was on that Surreal Life show he talked about being married to her and like 2 other guys in the van said they fucked her.

She would blow a set sweeper to get a shot at a walk-on role.

by Anonymousreply 126November 24, 2019 11:18 AM

R126

I don't believe a word that comes out of Feldman's mouth. He's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 127November 24, 2019 12:21 PM

This was supposed to be a thread full of Tyler Christopher nude shots. But it degenerated very quickly into Frau Daytime Storylines.

by Anonymousreply 128November 24, 2019 12:29 PM

I think we are being shooed away and told to go discuss our "stories" elsewhere.

An Uncle Dimples thread is seeming more and more likely...

by Anonymousreply 129November 24, 2019 3:21 PM

R126 In college and grad school, I had access to databases that had archives old newspaper and magazine articles. Instead of using them for homework, I, of course looked up old celebrity articles. I came across as old profile of Feldman where he talked about Marcil, who was his then fiancée. I was shocked because she always claimed that their marriage was an impulsive thing, and if they were engaged, it likely wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 130November 24, 2019 4:34 PM

R126 This isn't the article I read back then, but this People from 1990 mentions them being engaged and living together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131November 24, 2019 4:37 PM

In the latest ratings GH was #1 in demos

by Anonymousreply 132November 25, 2019 3:35 PM

Rumor going around that WDv is on his way out the door

by Anonymousreply 133November 25, 2019 4:52 PM

There was another rumor a few months ago that WDv was leaving. The show just gave us many weeks of Julian making plans to leave town.

If they wanted to get rid of him, they could have easily sent him away with TB. They must have at least a short term story for him. It seems strange that we'd get an exit so soon after the last one was scrapped.

by Anonymousreply 134November 25, 2019 5:39 PM

It seems to me that by inserting him into Brook Lynn's orbit that they are setting up some future storyline for him there. Even if it doesn't go the romance route, I could see them tag-teaming as buddies just to get under everyone's skin and create a little chaos.

by Anonymousreply 135November 25, 2019 5:53 PM

I can see WdV being written out. Rumor has it he tries to kill Brad next week.

by Anonymousreply 136November 25, 2019 8:21 PM

GH now brought to you in 4K HD and not 1080i like those other shows.

Sincerely - The 🐁

by Anonymousreply 137November 25, 2019 9:55 PM

I didn't understand why Julian suddenly turned on Brad and tried to frame him to leave town. So, maybe they are setting it up for deVry to depart.

But didn't he just renew his contract back during the summer?

by Anonymousreply 138November 25, 2019 11:21 PM

I think the show can fire an actor every 13 weeks, contract or no contract.

by Anonymousreply 139November 26, 2019 2:55 AM

Julian just doesn't serve a purpose anymore. They finally have Alexis in another relationship, with a person she has chemistry with. Kim is gone. His relationship with his son and daughter will never get better. Other than his brother/sister relationship with Ava, what does he really have going for him?

by Anonymousreply 140November 26, 2019 3:02 AM

WdV is hot. Julian can hang around town being hot. They should get rid of one of the uggos instead.

by Anonymousreply 141November 26, 2019 3:38 AM

Julian was a stupid character to bring back anyways.

Allegedly they are looking to recast Dillon and Lucky.

by Anonymousreply 142November 26, 2019 3:58 AM

OldNuDillion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143November 26, 2019 4:12 AM

Doesn't Jennie Garth DESPISE Vanessa Marcil? And made life for her so miserable on 90210, that she left early, before her contract expired

I just remember that they made Gina, Vanessa's 90210 character, Donna's long lost half sister after it came out that Donna's dad, Dr. Martin, had an affair with Gina's Mom years back and then he dropped dead of a heart attack while he was working out with his "new" daughter Gina and Kelly wanted to know what Gina did that made Dr. Martin drop dead

by Anonymousreply 144November 26, 2019 4:14 AM

R142

Before they bring back anyone they need to axe Nina, Valentin, Peter, Mike, Jordan, Sasha.

Bringing back Dillon would be good because the Qs never should've been decimated. I have no desire for weak sniveling Lucky. I'd much prefer Hayden return with a contract.

by Anonymousreply 145November 26, 2019 4:21 AM

Budig is too expensive to keep around.

by Anonymousreply 146November 26, 2019 5:05 AM

R145 I think today’s episode made it clear Mike is on the way out. I don’t see how Valentin will stay around long after Nic’s reveal. Nina might stay because it looks like they are building up to her going OTT crazy revenge on Valentin and then getting with Jax. Watros in the past has done very well with crazy, so I’m looking forward to that, and if she is with Jax that will lead to some drama with Carly. I love, love looking at Peter, but I doubt he will stay long after his connections to the Drew/Jason/Franco shit comes out. Jordon and Sasha, I don’t care one way or another about.

by Anonymousreply 147November 26, 2019 5:11 AM

If Budig is holding out for big money to keep her on the show, that's a very losing strategy for her these days. GH has a lot more experienced soap actors they can offer jobs to these days. The entire cast of DOOL is now available for offers from the show.

by Anonymousreply 148November 26, 2019 1:50 PM

How reliable is TVSource. I guess they’re saying KM is out and RoHo is going on recurring...

by Anonymousreply 149November 26, 2019 2:48 PM

Finally losing Sam?! Franco recurring? Why aren’t we losing more of the actors/characters we don’t need?

Nina. Valentine. Willow. Peter! Sasha. Julian?

by Anonymousreply 150November 26, 2019 5:16 PM

Sam sentencing of 2 years was very specific for a soap. Usually, they don't mention years of sentence since they know the character will be out of jail in a few weeks anyway. Which could very well be happening with this as well.

Maybe there's some sort of backstage agreement with KeMo for a 2 year break from the show and see if she wants to return after that point?

by Anonymousreply 151November 26, 2019 5:41 PM

It's only a matter of time before we get one of SB's offspring or spouse, only stands to reason he is going to demand an income for one of his nearest and dearest since we've got LWB, MB's spawn on the way, Eden's BFF... SB won't stand idly by and not get equal perks.

by Anonymousreply 152November 26, 2019 5:47 PM

Sam isn’t needed and neither is Franco. And doesn’t RoHo still live in NY?

Someone who claims to have a “source” is saying the network finally put their foot down re:KeMo but apparently she has some issues along the lines of KStorms.

by Anonymousreply 153November 26, 2019 6:00 PM

I like Dr. Bedhead, good casting.

by Anonymousreply 154November 26, 2019 6:05 PM

Dr. Bedhead was interesting in his first few days, but if he's going to stick around much longer, they need to find some interesting stories for him, soon.

by Anonymousreply 155November 26, 2019 7:35 PM

Kendra is uuugly. Is she supposed to be Kiefer's twin? Wouldn't Kristina be aware of her existence? She's been suspiciously absent from this storyline. You would think she'd have visited her mother at least once.

by Anonymousreply 156November 26, 2019 8:08 PM

R149

Where are you seeing KM's out & Howarth is going recurring? I follow TVSource and I've seen nothing of that.

That doesn't even jive with their contract dates.

by Anonymousreply 157November 26, 2019 8:13 PM

R149

Their podcast did not say anything like that. Why lie? They said a "high profile" actor may be out. Anyone watching the show can see the bus coming for Julian, Peter and/or Valentin.

Fucking LW will probably save WR's job.

by Anonymousreply 158November 26, 2019 8:43 PM

A screenshot from a FB group. I haven’t listened but they claim it was implied from a recent episode of their podcast.

by Anonymousreply 159November 26, 2019 8:46 PM

R159

I'm sure it was one of those Jason/Liz FB groups. They have spread so many lies & live in some imaginary world where Cam is actually Jason's & Liz & Jason secretly long for each other. Neither one of those characters give a shit about the other in a romantic way.

by Anonymousreply 160November 26, 2019 8:57 PM

RoHo might live in NYC but there is no one there who will pay him a million a year or more to do anything. The only work he can or ever could get is on soaps and for that he needs to at least work in CA. I don't think RoHo has ever done a real day's work in his life. He once said he never waited tables. He's never done a commercial or probably auditioned for one. He fell ass backward into good luck with the world somehow thinking he's a good actor. He actually was a good actor in the early Todd days but he's been phoning it in since 2000 and for more money than most of us will ever see.

by Anonymousreply 161November 26, 2019 9:00 PM

This whole FrankenDrew thing has relieved me of any notion that RoHo is a good actor, absolutely no nuance or depth, just a lousy intermittent accent of some sort (Southern? Texan? wtf). He's been playing the same character for 20 years or maybe it's not even a character maybe he's just playing himself and it doesn't get any easier than that.

Jon Lindstrom on the other is a very good actor and I'm still angry for him that he was robbed of the Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 162November 26, 2019 9:27 PM

I hate RoHo on GH like I hated him on ATWT. He’s been terrible in this DrewCo story.

by Anonymousreply 163November 26, 2019 9:34 PM

I guess the actress playing Nelle should have stayed quiet.

by Anonymousreply 164November 26, 2019 11:09 PM

She deleted her account. LOL. I’m happy soap twitter dragged her.

by Anonymousreply 165November 27, 2019 1:30 AM

Wait...what...what did CL do...please spill.

by Anonymousreply 166November 27, 2019 1:43 AM

Is this the thread where we can bash that no-talent cunt Kelly Monaco? I've seen corpses with less dead eyes.

by Anonymousreply 167November 27, 2019 1:52 AM

R166 she stupidly inserted herself in a tweet by the actress who plays Gabi on Days. Who had been going on about how there haven't been any Hispanic women to be nominated for or win the lead actress category at the daytime Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 168November 27, 2019 1:58 AM

RoHo has had Broadway ya know

by Anonymousreply 169November 27, 2019 2:00 AM

Thanks r164

by Anonymousreply 170November 27, 2019 2:03 AM

One small part in a show that ran a couple of months in 1998. That was his entire B'way career.

by Anonymousreply 171November 27, 2019 2:25 AM

[quote] a show that ran a couple of months in 1998.

That "show" starred Laurence Fishburn and Stockard Channing.

by Anonymousreply 172November 27, 2019 2:33 AM

Big Woo

by Anonymousreply 173November 27, 2019 3:00 AM

And Mo played Desi Arnaz R169!

by Anonymousreply 174November 27, 2019 3:24 AM

Years ago I saw Tyler Christopher at a small theatre on Hollywood Blvd in the play Bent about gays in the Holocaust. He wasn't bad. He was hot. He seemed to really be getting into some of the more gayer scenes. I locked eyes with him several times. Or maybe I like to think I did. Some other more minor GH stars were also in it but I can't remember who.

by Anonymousreply 175November 27, 2019 3:41 AM

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 176November 27, 2019 3:45 AM

[quote]she stupidly inserted herself in a tweet by the actress who plays Gabi on Days

What she said was not so horrible, but soap Twitter lost its mind and overreacted and I think the girl has deleted her account.

by Anonymousreply 177November 27, 2019 4:09 AM

R175

The play Bent has full nudity in a couple scenes. Did TC show his cock?

by Anonymousreply 178November 27, 2019 4:39 AM

Lanier is a cunt. Always has been & she got dragged today. That bitch has come caucasity to jump into a POC's tweet & try and lecture her on anything related to POC being marginalized. She diminished Camila's point by basically saying shut up. I'm on the Emmy panel & you know nothing.

Not to mention CB has been on Daytime 10+ years while CL has been in & out for 3. How the fuck did Lanier get on a judging panel anyway?

by Anonymousreply 179November 27, 2019 4:46 AM

Agreed R179. And then her condescending follow up tweet “Excited to see your tape this year!”

I think she’s only on the panel because she won and because GH overhyped her. She thought she’d have a career after announcing her departure but she’s still there.

by Anonymousreply 180November 27, 2019 4:58 AM

Didn't Camila Banus (Gabi on DAYS) start out as Lola Montez on OLTL?

No wonder why Ron Carlivati LOVES writing for her on DAYS and has made it "the Gabi show"

by Anonymousreply 181November 27, 2019 7:11 AM

If this was still the 1970s CL could have walked away from GH to a much bigger career.

Unfortunately, CL leans most toward "girl next door" type which isn't as in demand these days. At her age, the parts she's auditioning for are likely going to "hotter" looking women.

by Anonymousreply 182November 27, 2019 1:22 PM

I thought by now CL would have at least landed a guest spot on L&O: SVU as sociopath of the week. Same with CRM, why isn't Olivia Benson after him.

It's baffling that CL is an Emmy judge although does explain one guaranteed vote MB received.

by Anonymousreply 183November 27, 2019 1:46 PM

Britt got her medical license back? Good, bring her back to PC.

It's been a KeMo free week so far...

by Anonymousreply 184November 27, 2019 7:04 PM

Jason and Britt could work as an interesting pair!!! Or give her another shot with Nik!

by Anonymousreply 185November 27, 2019 7:09 PM

Jason and Ava should have been THE couple. It would have been perfect on so many levels. I just don't understand why they didn't go there.

by Anonymousreply 186November 27, 2019 7:24 PM

Jason and Ava has all the potential when he came back...makes no sense they didn’t go there!

by Anonymousreply 187November 27, 2019 7:32 PM

Not sure where the recent Jason/Ava fanfic is coming from, but they were never going to have Jason in a relationship that would upset Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 188November 27, 2019 8:12 PM

Which is why it made no sense that they didn't go there R188. It was built in drama. That's two years of story that writes itself.

by Anonymousreply 189November 27, 2019 8:25 PM

Nik was rather cold and Cassadine-y today.

Wonder when Charlotte is going to recognize her UncCuz Nik.

GH should borrow a page from Bold & Beautiful's playbook and start having the kids on this show solve the mysteries. B&B had some kid Douglas spill the beans on their baby switch. GH needs to have one of the following: Rocco/Leo/Avery/Danny/Scout/Aiden/Jake overhear Brad or Liesel or Julian talking about the Wiley/Jonah situation and just start blabbing it to anyone who will listen. Children are our future.

by Anonymousreply 190November 27, 2019 8:32 PM

R30 A reading like this is why you should NEVER take a field breathalyzer test. His BA was not .267...that was what he blew. Field performed portable breathalyzer tests are inaccurate at best due to mitigating factors such as when the person last drank or if they have hiccuped or vomitted in the past few hours (doing so brings the alcohol right back up into the mouth, thus giving a higher reading- similar to if you took a sip of bourbon and blew...the reading would be very high, likely a .16-.2. However if you blew 15 minutes after taking that sip of bourbon you'd be well under .08).

He was likely breathalyzed shortly after swigging from one of his fifths that he apparently keeps on him- TONS of alcoholics keep a bottle on them/in their car and often get caught because of the strong smell of alcohol on their breath & bc of the open container....but rarely is their BA over a .08 on a blood test... thus they get a ticket for a open container &/or careless-reckless driving instead of DUI bc its easier to prove the former.

No I don't advocate driving under the influence- get a Uber. Walk. Call the police yourself and have them take you home. However-While this guy is clearly a alcoholic the industry surrounding DUI charges is a total racket. If you are ever unfortunately in this situation, here's some advice: ALWAYS decline a field breathalyzer test and any other field sobriety tests and ask for a blood test instead. Bonus- you'll have more time for the reading to go down. Plus, the more time it takes, the more likely someone in the department will make a error on your paperwork and you'll increase your chance of getting the case thrown out or, more importantly, impeaching the credibility of the arresting officer. Portable breathalyzers are notoriously inaccurate even when performed perfectly. If the cop pressures or threatens you in a attempt to coerce you to take a field sobriety test or a portable breathalyzer test and you can make yourself throw up or give yourself the hiccups- do it. Any reading after hiccuping or vomiting is void for at least a hour. After declining field tests, you will likely be arrested and taken to the station on suspicion of DUI. Keep your mouth shut, make sure the officer states his/her probable cause for pulling you over (like swerving....they can't pull you because you merely left a bar), answer no questions, admit to nothing, decline the walk & turn field "test" they will try to give you at the scene or at the station (these are notoriously flawed as well- random fact if you're over 50lbs overweight or have a disability of any sort, this test should not even be performed as it's a walk & turn test- larger people are uh...usually less graceful) and always demand a phlebotomist or a nurse for the blood draw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191November 27, 2019 8:36 PM

R191

Honey, all that is well and good for the average person who may be just tipsy.

Tyler is far past being just tipsy. When you're unconscious & pissing yourself you are seriously drunk, When the EMTs had to be called 9 times in 2 months and the EMTs told the police they are seriously afraid he's going to die then you are past being just tipsy.

by Anonymousreply 192November 27, 2019 8:45 PM

R192 Correct....But not my point. My advice was not meant for the Tyler's of the world. My point was that his BAC count was likely grossly exaggerated, due to the flaws of the test itself. Many completely sober people have been victimized due to the absolute witch-hunt that for profit DUI proceedings have turned into.

by Anonymousreply 193November 27, 2019 9:03 PM

R193

Tyler was admitted to the hospital I'm sure they did a blood test.

by Anonymousreply 194November 27, 2019 9:24 PM

I can't believe you sad people actually watch soaps! Beyond tacky and low-brow. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 195November 27, 2019 9:44 PM

Yet it's still preferable to being a loser who has to troll threads about soaps in order to feel superior.

by Anonymousreply 196November 27, 2019 9:54 PM

R188 Jason and Courtney upset Sonny. Didn’t stop them.

by Anonymousreply 197November 27, 2019 10:05 PM

He has very kissable lips.

by Anonymousreply 198November 27, 2019 10:07 PM

So what's the verdict on NuNik, does DL like the recast?

by Anonymousreply 199November 27, 2019 10:33 PM

He at least made a smart decision to use Ubers and not drive drunk. He was not arrested for a DUI, but for public intoxication/damaging the Uber car.

by Anonymousreply 200November 27, 2019 10:39 PM

R190 That Douglas kid is a good little actor.. the GH kids - minus Charlotte and Jake - not so much. We don’t need the kiddie triangle/love stories from hell again.

by Anonymousreply 201November 27, 2019 11:52 PM

[quote]So what's the verdict on NuNik, does DL like the recast?

He's probably OK as an actor, but I'm not particularly caring for the character's reentry story or his current personality. Maybe I'll have a better sense of it when we see him actually tangle with Valentin or see how he interacts with Spencer and Laura. Right now he's just a dick with a chip on his shoulder and a pushy attitude.

by Anonymousreply 202November 27, 2019 11:53 PM

Looks like signs pointing to a Britt return. Getting her med license back just as it looks like Willow will need an Obgyn. It would also be very helpful to have one that knows your first child died shortly after birth, even when you don't.

We'll probably have Spencer back soon and we can get a chem test with Britt and NuNik. If it works, that'll free up Ava for that coupling with Jason that seems to be on a few posters here Xmas wish list.

by Anonymousreply 203November 27, 2019 11:57 PM

Looks like they are wrapping the whole stupid Kendra thing up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204November 28, 2019 12:11 AM

The look on Obrecht’s face when Brad was trying to cry today was PRICELESS.

by Anonymousreply 205November 28, 2019 12:36 AM

The promo linked at R204 makes me sad for the Q’s. Their holiday scenes were legendary.

by Anonymousreply 206November 28, 2019 1:16 AM

Would you guys get back to TC and take your Frau shit back to the GH thread? Muriel please close this down for inappropriate behavior. They are just trying to avoid paying.

by Anonymousreply 207November 28, 2019 1:42 AM

Paying for it may be SOP for you, hunny, but that's no need to take it out on the rest of us!

by Anonymousreply 208November 28, 2019 2:03 AM

TC was at the top of his game in his chosen profession. Maybe he wasn't satisfied being "just a soap actor", but didn't he win the Emmy 3 years ago? To have such a tumultuous spiral. It's really sad.

by Anonymousreply 209November 28, 2019 7:01 AM

In the words of the great Charlie Brown, "I got a rock."

by Anonymousreply 210November 28, 2019 8:14 PM

Little Violet is cute with her Jan Brady hair.

by Anonymousreply 211November 28, 2019 9:18 PM

Guess FH must feel well enough to work a regular schedule if they shipped off RB again.

by Anonymousreply 212November 28, 2019 10:45 PM

At another Sonnyesque collection from GH but this time his sons.

by Anonymousreply 213November 28, 2019 10:55 PM

Leave RH alone

by Anonymousreply 214November 29, 2019 1:13 AM

Could they get Hayden out that door fast enough. Jesus! Who did she piss off?

by Anonymousreply 215November 29, 2019 2:10 AM

If they cut the deadweight from the show they could afford to keep Budig around.

However, that deadweight includes Easton...

by Anonymousreply 216November 29, 2019 2:53 AM

R216 At least he plays a doctor, now. It is sad, how few medical professional characters there are on a show called General Hospital.

by Anonymousreply 217November 29, 2019 2:57 AM

I'd really like to know what the True Hollywood Story is behind Budig's comings and goings.

by Anonymousreply 218November 29, 2019 3:09 AM

I thought they said all along that it was only going to be a short term thing for RB.

by Anonymousreply 219November 29, 2019 4:19 AM

They should pair Jason with Maxie. Immediate conflict with Liz, Sam if she's around, Maxie's parents and Spinelli on visits.

by Anonymousreply 220November 29, 2019 4:37 AM

SB/Jason isn't and never really ever was a dynamically compelling romantic type so I don't have a desire to see him try to be with someone else.

by Anonymousreply 221November 29, 2019 5:32 AM

The most spark Jason ever had with a female was when he and Brenda used to fight like cats and dogs.

by Anonymousreply 222November 29, 2019 5:37 AM

I didn't realize the Thanksgiving Day episode was a new episode, I expected a repeat. Just watched the new one now, The Alexis/Kendra confrontation in the clip above happens on this episode.

by Anonymousreply 223November 29, 2019 1:36 PM

R220

Why would Liz give a shit if Jason was paired with Maxie? Thankfully GH has finally allowed Liz to move on & not care about Jason anymore. There's not a speck of longing there, thank the Lord.

by Anonymousreply 224November 29, 2019 1:45 PM

R216

Easton & Budig have great chemistry. If TIIC had any brains they'd ditch Valentin, Nina, Sasha & Jordan

Then they could put Hayden & Andre on contract. Pair up Hayden/Finn and Anna/Andre. That's where the major chem is & it gives the show another doctor.

Kill off Jordan because the character sucks, the actress sucks & she & Curtis have no chemistry. Give Mac his old job back.

by Anonymousreply 225November 29, 2019 1:51 PM

They don't have the budget to keep RB yet they can afford to bring on MB's son? Wonder what kind of salary and perks young stumpy commands.

by Anonymousreply 226November 29, 2019 2:16 PM

It's good to be king.

by Anonymousreply 227November 29, 2019 2:38 PM

R226

They'd have the budget if the ditched Nina, Valentin and Jordan

by Anonymousreply 228November 29, 2019 3:10 PM

It’s been confirmed that his son is joining the show?

by Anonymousreply 229November 29, 2019 3:40 PM

I believe it has r229 and someone posted they saw publicity shots of the "teens" with the king's son in the pictures.

by Anonymousreply 230November 29, 2019 3:50 PM

Contract or Recurring?

by Anonymousreply 231November 29, 2019 3:52 PM

That was a photoshoot with Eden McCoy and William Lipton for some brand.

by Anonymousreply 232November 29, 2019 4:09 PM

Liz doesn't want Jason, but Maxie broke up Liz's marriage to Lucky and I don't think Liz will enjoy watching Maxie be the stepmother to her kids. It would be about the cranky relationship between the women, not about Jason. Although if it makes Franco wonder what Liz is thinking, that's another story thread.

by Anonymousreply 233November 29, 2019 4:19 PM

I hope that they keep Valentin. I wish that they build up the Cassadine and Quartermaine families, and get rid of pointless characters with little/no connection to the rest of the characters (Jordan, Peter, etc.) and that trashy mob family.

by Anonymousreply 234November 29, 2019 4:24 PM

R234

According to TVSource's podcast they are bolstering the Qs. They said another one is returning besides Tracy & Brooklyn. If they can put focus & rebuild the Qx I will be so happy.

I also like the Cassadines but Valentin isn't fit empty Helena's bath water.

by Anonymousreply 235November 29, 2019 5:45 PM

The threat that had Hayden leave town should be cleared up shortly, unless nuNik is going to continue to lurk in PC shadows for many more months. Once this is resolved, will RB be coming back or will they kill off Hayden off screen as an explanation on why she's still gone?

by Anonymousreply 236November 29, 2019 8:39 PM

I'm not a Mo fan but the babies and kids sure do seem to love him. Baby Avery used to blow him kisses and spontaneously say she loved him. Miracle Recovery baby Donna is already smiling at him.

by Anonymousreply 237November 29, 2019 8:47 PM

[quote] little/no connection to the rest of the characters (Jordan, Peter, etc.)

Peter is connected to Anna, Maxie, James, Olbrecht, and Britt and Robin if they were to return. Anna is either his mother or aunt. Maxie is not only his lover but also the mother of his nephew James. Olbrecht is the mother of his two half siblings Britt and the late James, and connected to his late father. Robin is either his other half sister or cousin. Plus he will always be connected to Jason, Drew, and Franco, because of his involvement in the brain mapping shit. You might not like him or think he is useless, but he has many tangible connections to established characters.

by Anonymousreply 238November 29, 2019 11:22 PM

R238 Has he ever shared a scene with Britt or Robin? And Olbrecht and Anna are barely on.

by Anonymousreply 239November 30, 2019 3:47 AM

They're making both Peter and Julian too villainous. After showing he has a conscious, he's back to being soulless by arranging Drew's death. Same thing with Julian who's apparently about to kill Brad, (which really makes no sense). So both characters will be off the horizon very soon.

by Anonymousreply 240November 30, 2019 5:00 AM

R240

From your mouth to God's ears!

by Anonymousreply 241November 30, 2019 7:28 AM

My guess is and just a guess:

Lucas is the one who ends up dead. Fulfilling the rumor/spoiler that a longtime or legacy character dies.

Julian is so distraught he caused it he will either leave town or take his own life. Fulfilling the rumor/spoiler that another contract actor is leaving.

by Anonymousreply 242November 30, 2019 1:10 PM

R242

That would be very dramatic which means GH won't do it.

by Anonymousreply 243November 30, 2019 3:24 PM

r243

You are right, lol. More likely the death is Mike (expected). I don't know who the contract actor would be, could still be WdV, maybe he can go over to B&B and resurrect his old role.

by Anonymousreply 244November 30, 2019 3:46 PM

Lucas needs to be a core character and RC on Contract. Kill Alexis. Write Julian off.

by Anonymousreply 245November 30, 2019 5:25 PM

I agree R242, your story line is great and I'd love to see it, despite being sad about losing Lucas. Great story for sure means GH will never do it. It would not even occur to their pea brains. Also why would they make Lucas look so nerdy right before killing him off? I do think Britt is going to come back and Brad will still have a story, maybe no kid, but a story. They need to turn Brad just bad again, this middle of the road is no good.

by Anonymousreply 246November 30, 2019 6:01 PM

I wonder if Lucas' new look has something to do with a new role he landed. Good for him if he found something else that is steady, all GH gives him is scraps.

by Anonymousreply 247November 30, 2019 6:17 PM

I don't know if things have changed but supposedly the show(and possibly Frank) hasn't been interested in offering him and the actors who play gay characters on the show r245 a contract. That's one of the reasons why they have been out there doing other projects.

by Anonymousreply 248November 30, 2019 7:23 PM

I always thought Ryan Carnes didn’t want a contract. I hope Lucas doesn’t dies but there is a spoiler that says Bobbie shares bad news.

I still think the person exiting is KM.

by Anonymousreply 249November 30, 2019 9:44 PM

I wonder if tptb be are moving KM over to recurring so as not to incite the crazed fans and will then do a slow fade...

Another possibility that's being floated is that Sonny is taking Mike back to Turning Woods and they could get into an accident and Mike dies. It would be a cop out on the Alzheimer story but on the other hand take him out of his pain... Max Gail commutes from Oregon or Washington or somewhere North, maybe he's tired of commuting and they need to wrap it up. MG is relatively new but the Mike character is "long term" and would fit that rumor.

by Anonymousreply 250November 30, 2019 9:53 PM

It should be Alexis already. She’s been ruined so many regimes ago that I don’t understand why we still have NLG?

Bring back Skye at least RC brought sophistication. NLG should have been cancelled for her ignorant tweets alone. Does she still have her job because of some me too threat?

by Anonymousreply 251November 30, 2019 10:23 PM

I’ve heard that KM requested recurring. They worship her too much to force it on her.

The Mike story has definitely ran its course and it’s time to kill him off. However, if it’s an accident then we’ll have to deal with Sonny’s pain and depression everyday for the next few months.

The Alexis character never quite recovered after the Dobson storyline. It’s rough to watch her these days. I used to love Alexis.

by Anonymousreply 252November 30, 2019 10:37 PM

Damn, DAYS is so much better than GH these days

What happened in the last few years?

by Anonymousreply 253November 30, 2019 10:44 PM

GH has no imagination. Julian's shenanigans will probably result in Mike getting killed by accident. Kills two birds with one stone. And a reason to break up the truce between Juilan and Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 254December 1, 2019 12:50 AM

R251

I adore RC but she officially retired several years ago. As far as NLG's tweets who gives a fuck about that? If folks have an issue with them they don't have to follow her.

by Anonymousreply 255December 1, 2019 2:22 AM

Parry Shen (Brad) posted his goodbye. He’s officially leaving.

by Anonymousreply 256December 1, 2019 9:56 PM

r256

where?

by Anonymousreply 257December 1, 2019 9:58 PM

Oh, no! But will he be dead-dead, or hurled off a cliff, body never found?

by Anonymousreply 258December 1, 2019 10:14 PM

It’s posted on his FB

by Anonymousreply 259December 1, 2019 11:20 PM

Billy Kaplan: Cant tell if your confirming this in the best nerd reference possible or your just messing with us because both possibilitys are very parry things to do lol Parry Shen: Billy Kaplan I think you might know me too well.

==================

He didn't confirm nor deny

by Anonymousreply 260December 1, 2019 11:34 PM

Finally let’s give Lucas a real love story. Brad was always an awful match can’t believe they’ve been together for this many years!!!

by Anonymousreply 261December 1, 2019 11:51 PM

He’s really leaving

by Anonymousreply 262December 1, 2019 11:55 PM

I can't believe he confirmed before his exit airs.

by Anonymousreply 263December 1, 2019 11:58 PM

They'd never let Brad go before the big baby reveal blow up. They could never deprive Sonny and Carly of their big screaming at Brad scenes.

by Anonymousreply 264December 2, 2019 1:24 AM

Does GH not have goodbye cake for departing cast anymore? I haven't seen any cake pictures since Staff and Matt Cohen left and even their pictures were a little sad with not many people around.

BM probably didn't get a cake, for reasons well known to him...

But what about cake for Tamara and Budig? Did Parry get a cake? When the time comes Max Gail should get bagels with all the fixins, some cupcakes too.

If the budget is so tight that FV can't afford such luxuries then they should start a Sunshine Club where they collect a few bucks from everyone on payday. They could maybe do it on a sliding scale, Mo contributes the most and newbies like Willow and Sasha chip in what they can...

by Anonymousreply 265December 2, 2019 2:09 AM

They let Shiloh die with him still thinking Wiley was his. Hell, Willow still believes the baby is hers. They don’t care at all.

And I doubt Budig got a cake bc she was only supposed to be back short term. She comes and goes. But maybe they don’t do cakes anymore or they’re not allowed to post photos. I heard the network doesn’t acknowledge/comment on contracts and statuses anymore.

by Anonymousreply 266December 2, 2019 2:33 AM

If WdV goes, they need to do a giant sheet pan of avocado toast.

by Anonymousreply 267December 2, 2019 3:39 AM

How the hell is Peter going to stick around if he’s framing Sam? You know Jason is going to go after him. And win. Unless Anna intervenes.

by Anonymousreply 268December 2, 2019 4:31 AM

Am I now so forgotten that people like r268 don't remember that Peter ordered my death?

by Anonymousreply 269December 2, 2019 1:38 PM

Maybe Britt can come back for the funeral and Monica can offer her Kim's old job...

by Anonymousreply 270December 2, 2019 2:40 PM

R270

We don't need more cast. FTLOG! No new cast until they ditch Valentin, Jordan, Nina, Sasha, Dev & Mike.

I'd prefer a return of Hayden over Britt.

by Anonymousreply 271December 2, 2019 3:25 PM

I want Hayden to stay/comeback also. CW can't be cheap, can we swap her for ReBu? I'm forever curious as to what the deal is with ReBu's comings and goings. She doesn't seem to want to leave each time and supports the fans pleading for her to stay/return so can't be that she doesn't want steady work. Is she some diva who requires her dressing room be stocked with a particular color of M&Ms? Does she not fawn over MB the requisite amount?

If Brad takes his secret to the grave, Britt knows the Wiley/Jonah secret and could play into that. She could do an arc, deliver Willow's new baby who needs bone marrow or something and surprise "Wiley" doesn't match.

A memorial/funeral for Brad when Drew didn't get one would be some serious shade thrown. Is FV petty like that?

by Anonymousreply 272December 2, 2019 3:45 PM

Brad tells Lucas the truth right before the crash.

by Anonymousreply 273December 2, 2019 3:51 PM

Posted what, where r256?

by Anonymousreply 274December 2, 2019 5:44 PM

^^^

Parry posted it on his FB page yesterday then removed it. Check SOD/SID. They picked it up.

by Anonymousreply 275December 2, 2019 8:22 PM

From wishbones to t-bones...

by Anonymousreply 276December 2, 2019 9:05 PM

Someone really should have handed Kendra actress a kleenex and had her wipe her nose before doing that scene today.

by Anonymousreply 277December 3, 2019 2:04 AM

[quote] Finally let’s give Lucas a real love story. Brad was always an awful match can’t believe they’ve been together for this many years!!!

If this was real-life a hunk like Lucas would NEVER be with someone as plain as Brad.

by Anonymousreply 278December 3, 2019 2:13 AM

How many lumps of charcoal died for Kendra's fake eyebrows?

by Anonymousreply 279December 3, 2019 2:44 AM

Knowing that Tracy is returning at some point this month, I half expected her to bust in when Lulu and Brook Lynn were going at it.

by Anonymousreply 280December 3, 2019 3:15 AM

What we need is a good old-fashioned Krystle and Alexis-style catfight between those two.

by Anonymousreply 281December 3, 2019 3:31 AM

Emme Rylan is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 282December 3, 2019 12:32 PM

I actually find ER tolerable in her fighting scenes. Her other "poor me" scenes are horrible.

by Anonymousreply 283December 3, 2019 1:20 PM

ER does, indeed, suck but she showed a little bit of something in her scenes with Brook.

As an aside, I love Anna so much. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 284December 3, 2019 2:49 PM

Interesting exit interview with Tamara

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285December 3, 2019 11:17 PM

I hope GH brings her back as The REAL Carly Corinthos who has been held captive by one of Sonny’s enemies...we discover who LW Carly really is.

If they can keep doing this SL with the males why not the females?

by Anonymousreply 286December 3, 2019 11:27 PM

I hate to say it but Tamara is just like Cynthia. They've both lost whatever talent they had as Carly & Annie. They have zero spark now. They're so bland & even when given story to sink their teeth into (a child's death!!) they can not muster up the oomph.

by Anonymousreply 287December 3, 2019 11:33 PM

TB doesn't mention there being any cake on her last day...her having had to endure BM as a scene partner should have at least warranted a Costco sheet cake.

by Anonymousreply 288December 4, 2019 12:04 AM

Kim McCullough put a stop to the cake tradition at actors final tapings.

by Anonymousreply 289December 4, 2019 12:23 AM

Why, did she throw the cake on the floor?

by Anonymousreply 290December 4, 2019 12:28 AM

Judging by the looks of things, she probably devoured them all before the others showed up.

by Anonymousreply 291December 4, 2019 12:31 AM

Never watched GL but is New Nina not the same powerhouse she was as Annie on GL?

I was underwhelmed by Billy Miller and Michelle Staford two big name actors who didn’t really leave an impression. Billy mostly sleep walked and lacked any kind of charisma. Michelle chewed the hell out of the scenery “realistic” or “subtle” acting clearly not a choice.

I think some actors shine If it’s the right role. Think that’s why TB was amazing as Carly and unmemorable as Kim.

by Anonymousreply 292December 4, 2019 12:36 AM

Tamara was acting alone in the Oscar storyline. I felt sorry for her every time she was onscreen with Billy and/or the Oscar kid.

by Anonymousreply 293December 4, 2019 12:36 AM

Mo’s new film opens today. Co-starting Flavor Flav.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294December 4, 2019 5:41 PM

MW really is good at what she does, always brings it.

Why can't the wardrobe dept give JZ some comfortable, lower heeled shoes to wear so she doesn't have to do that awkward teetering walk, it's really comical to watch.

I can't decide about NuNik, he's attractive but IDK...just not feeling him.

Who is going to die?

by Anonymousreply 295December 4, 2019 7:16 PM

Nikolas' collapse is complete, he is officially an irredeemable piece of shit. He is no better than Valentin. I hope they all die in grease fires and Alfred the Butler inherits everything, then gives it to charity.

by Anonymousreply 296December 4, 2019 8:11 PM

NuNik is a cutie but a shitty actor. Same for Ingo. Their scenes together are cringe-inducing, especially when Ingo has to show anger to rage.

by Anonymousreply 297December 4, 2019 8:37 PM

GH is doing on a live holiday concert today starting at 7:00P. M. EST/4:00P. M. PST on Facebook live.

by Anonymousreply 298December 4, 2019 10:01 PM

Nik's mouth moves but there is no expression or emotion on his face or eyes, kind of like frozen botox face without the actual botox.

by Anonymousreply 299December 4, 2019 11:04 PM

I think I see what you mean, R299. Right now, he has two emotional settings: "I am a selfish asshole" or "I am an incredibly stupid, selfish asshole." This lack of nuance isn't going to endear him to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 300December 4, 2019 11:28 PM

R300 I will reserve judgement on NuNik, until we see him with Laura, Lulu, Spencer, and he has regained control of his inheritance.

by Anonymousreply 301December 5, 2019 12:39 AM

Carly and all the garbage that came out of her mouth wasn’t need today. What a bitch. Time for a “Who Killed Yuckmouth?” storyline.

by Anonymousreply 302December 5, 2019 12:47 AM

Anybody know why Greenlee was suddenly written off? It seems obvious Budig was fired. They made a big deal of having Tamara Braun's last scene with her, leaving her the apartment, like passing the torch, and suddenly she's written off? They had storyline plans they definitely must have canceled.

Anybody have any dish?

by Anonymousreply 303December 5, 2019 1:39 AM

Her return was always supposed to be short-term, or until FH was back from vacation. She wasn’t fired. And she’s too expensive to keep on as a regular.

by Anonymousreply 304December 5, 2019 1:42 AM

When she was let go the first time, Michael Easton said he took her to lunch (or out for drinks) to console her, so she wasn't expecting it that time.

This time, she is telling fans who are upset to "write letters", again doesn't sound like her choice.

It's kind of the Genie Francis treatment, abrupt ending after big hoopla return. Next time Budig needs to get put into place whatever kind of contract GF got this time around, it seems to be sticking.

I'd much rather have Hayden than Nina.

by Anonymousreply 305December 5, 2019 2:00 AM

[quote]This time, she is telling fans who are upset to "write letters", again doesn't sound like her choice.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Getting the fans all stoked up about some nonsense is how they bolster their "brand." It's all a big game.

by Anonymousreply 306December 5, 2019 3:25 AM

No. The way her character had been written, (even putting her in the opening credits), it seems obvious they had long-term storylines for her. Then boom. Gone. Somebody pissed somebody off.

by Anonymousreply 307December 5, 2019 3:45 AM

It looks like plans did change, maybe feelings got hurt, but they didn't wrap up her story very well this time. They can't just leave her story of child abandonment the way it currently is. There will need to be some sort of story resolution shortly.

by Anonymousreply 308December 5, 2019 1:20 PM

Has FH decided to stay on contract thus making it not feasible to keep Budig? FH is looking better.

Now Parry Shen is saying his FB goodbye was a joke and he's staying. What is the story then, is RC leaving?

by Anonymousreply 309December 5, 2019 2:30 PM

It was ALWAYS supposed to be short-term. And opening credits mean nothing. Hell, even Molly is in the opening credits at times. Lots of storylines are being quickly wrapped up because of the new writing. They’re only trying to get the fans riled up so she can come back as a regular on contract and not short term. ME wants Fayden.

by Anonymousreply 310December 5, 2019 4:31 PM

A poster mentioned something awhile back which will inevitably come true. We haven't seen the last of Kim. Once Franco and Liz have reunited, Kim will show up with baby in hand. Soap Opera cliche 101.

by Anonymousreply 311December 5, 2019 4:43 PM

The Webber home is already practically a hostel with loosely related people. Boarding a Kim-Franco kid isn't going to make that big of a difference.

by Anonymousreply 312December 5, 2019 4:52 PM

Most people didn't mind seeing Hayden go the first time. But after we got the Finn Anna pairing, a long term Fayden looks a lot better to more people than just ME.

by Anonymousreply 313December 5, 2019 4:54 PM

I also read speculation that Kim will be back with a baby because she didn't drink champagne with Hayden at the apartment. I'd really rather not see the character of Kim again, a baby isn't going to make this bland character interesting, the whole thing was a big fail. If they must bring TB back, Easton her and bring her back as a totally different character in a year. Give her a new hairdo and a new, strong personality.

by Anonymousreply 314December 5, 2019 5:13 PM

Plus there's the ick factor that Kim slept with Franco when Franco couldn't give his consent.

They tried to quickly move on from that, but the faster that the Kim character gets thrown into the forgotten GH history pile with Drew Cain, the better.

by Anonymousreply 315December 5, 2019 5:30 PM

The only acceptable role for a Tamara return would be Carly. No more newbies.

by Anonymousreply 316December 5, 2019 6:08 PM

Tamara back as Carly!!! Blonde and take no prisoners!

by Anonymousreply 317December 5, 2019 6:31 PM

Jax and Sasha would make an attractive couple.

by Anonymousreply 318December 5, 2019 7:05 PM

Matt Cohen's Griffin Munro to make a return visit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319December 5, 2019 7:19 PM

I like the Nina/Ava Alliance, hope it pans out.

CW's scenes today with MW were the first time I thought she seemed natural and good . Perhaps this is a last ditch effort to find someone who CW clicks with. They seem to have hit upon something here and they need to build on it if they insist on keeping her. Back when they had Ava stroll into Nina's office with booze and glasses I thought they would work well together but we never even got to see them drink together.

by Anonymousreply 320December 5, 2019 8:13 PM

If you FB, highly recommend GH's Facebook Live Holiday Acoustic Spectacular from 12/4, they were all great.

There is also a video on soaps.sheknows.com but it keeps cutting out.

They should change the format of the show to 4 days drama, 1 day musical/variety show, they've got the talent.

Here's a pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321December 5, 2019 8:45 PM

The Ava and Nina scenes today were really good. Can’t believe I’m excited for them to team up.

by Anonymousreply 322December 5, 2019 9:28 PM

TN is not returning as Kim. I doubt we'll ever hear Kim's name again after the New Year. TB's exit interview showed she was unhappy with her story. Kim was an unlikable non rootworthy sad sack.

by Anonymousreply 323December 5, 2019 10:42 PM

Interesting that GH has brought back both Sarah Brown and Tamara Braun in other roles and neither have been successful. Both actresses left those roles the moment their contracts were up and seemed bitter about the experience. Likewise, the audience didn't seem upset that either of them left.

Meanwhile Laura Wright continues on as Carly. She's now in her 14th year in the role.

by Anonymousreply 324December 5, 2019 10:59 PM

r324 Since they've cast Saran and Tamara in other roles, I guess that means my phone will be ringing pretty soon!

by Anonymousreply 325December 5, 2019 11:03 PM

Jennifer Bransford's last movie/TV credit is from 2005!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326December 5, 2019 11:05 PM

[quote]The Ava and Nina scenes today were really good. Can’t believe I’m excited for them to team up.

Yes! If they do it right, this thing has some big potential. I wonder if Nina will go through with the wedding just to have better access and influence to help with the scheme. I was a little excited when they talked about bringing Laura in, until I realized she would only side with Nikolas no matter how evil he's become and that would fuck everything up, so we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 327December 5, 2019 11:43 PM

[quote] And opening credits mean nothing. Hell, even Molly is in the opening credits at times.

I think that was the main purpose of the new opening credits, it is probably very easy, and cheap, to add and remove pictures to it.

by Anonymousreply 328December 6, 2019 12:12 AM

R324 IIRC Sarah Brown also said it was either the most volatile or hostile work environment. Can’t remember which word she used but she seemed miserable.

by Anonymousreply 329December 6, 2019 12:46 AM

R324 actresses like Laura Wright know where their bread is buttered. Many of the actors on the Bell soaps are the same way. They don’t leave. The younger actors run off thinking they are going to be stars or get something better only to never be heard from again and sell real estate.

by Anonymousreply 330December 6, 2019 12:57 AM

R330 By this point Laura Wright IS Carly, regardless of what anyone thinks. The character has been on GH for 23 years and LW has played her for 18 of those years.

by Anonymousreply 331December 6, 2019 1:01 AM

I don’t care how many years LW has been Carly she has never felt like the character and has made her completely unlikeable. Her one true love soulmate pairing with Sonny doesn’t work. They have zero chemistry. I’d gladly exchange her for TB, SJB, or even someone new. She’s that miscast!

by Anonymousreply 332December 6, 2019 5:14 AM

R332

Better yet just kill off Carly. Win/Win

by Anonymousreply 333December 6, 2019 11:40 AM

The problem with LW’s Carly isn’t Carly, it is Sonny. I like her in any story or scene where she isn’t with him. I never cared for any of the other Carlys in any scene or story. LW’s Carly and Jax are great with each other, for instance. There comes a point when a replacement actress becomes the definitive version of the character, like Robin Strasser with Dorian on OLTL. Another actress created the character and another tried after RS had left the role, once, but RS was and always will be the definitive Dorian just as LW is the definitive Carly.

by Anonymousreply 334December 6, 2019 11:53 AM

he still a hott piece of ass, clean him up and put him on the show

by Anonymousreply 335December 6, 2019 11:58 AM

LW is not the definitive Carly. Not when people are still talking about the Sarah and Tamara days. She’s always been miscast. Also, she has not being playing the role for 18 years.

The scene in the hospital with Willow and Bobbie with her explaining how she hated Julian and Ava and got her wish was, supposedly, Carly implying “Be careful what you wish for” but LW’s line delivery is always so snarky that it came across as her being a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 336December 6, 2019 1:22 PM

[quote]Meanwhile Laura Wright continues on as Carly. She's now in her 14th year in the role

Laura Wright started playing Carly on Nov. 4, 2005. That's 14 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337December 6, 2019 1:57 PM

Ok 14 years she is still the longest serving Carly, and honestly, to me, the best.

by Anonymousreply 338December 6, 2019 2:23 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed LW on GL but she is just terrible as Carly. She plays her as a full throttle bully with zero subtext.

Sarah (the best Carly IMO) gave Carly so many layers. Her Carly was always plagued with a diminished self-worth underneath her bravado. Her Carly could do the most heinous things but Sarah always made you understand Carly's motives. You may not agree with Carly but you could understand her. Sarah was a powerhouse.

LW only plays Carly as a sanctimonious vicious cunt.

by Anonymousreply 339December 6, 2019 2:27 PM

I want LW Carly to be killed off and have her return as TB complete with a personality shift that isn’t this self righteous bully!

by Anonymousreply 340December 6, 2019 7:30 PM

I’m sorry but to me Carly has always been a self-righteous bully, in fact she is less of one now than she was in the early days with Tony, Bobbie, and AJ.

by Anonymousreply 341December 6, 2019 8:34 PM

Robert and Violet are cute together.

by Anonymousreply 342December 6, 2019 9:28 PM

Sarah Brown three Emmy Reels - 1997

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343December 6, 2019 9:34 PM

Sarah Brown three Emmy Reels - 1998

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344December 6, 2019 9:36 PM

Sarah Brown three Emmy Reels - 2000

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345December 6, 2019 9:37 PM

Not quite sure who the person with the 3 Daytime Emmy awards is, but those probably make lovely doorstops in her house.

by Anonymousreply 346December 6, 2019 9:42 PM

You can post as many reels as you want but I never liked her and never will.

by Anonymousreply 347December 6, 2019 9:44 PM

R347 you didn't Sarah Brown?

by Anonymousreply 348December 6, 2019 9:46 PM

No, not as Carly, though I did like her as Claudia. I really just think LW plays Carly better.

by Anonymousreply 349December 6, 2019 9:52 PM

Sarah has more talent in her pinkie that LW has in her entire body. Sarah was the true Carly. LW plays Carly as a sneering bully 24/7

by Anonymousreply 350December 7, 2019 10:31 AM

[quote] LW plays Carly as a sneering bully 24/7

Because that IS Carly. She has always been a sneering bitch bully. When she came to the show, she was exactly like Nelle. But, instead of going to jail she was left free to continue her reign of terror. Has everyone forgotten that she came to town to get revenge on Bobbie. She slept with Tony and broke up their marriage. Then she caused Tony's breakdown. Also, all the cruel things she has done to AJ over the years. Or, let's not forget, more recently, how she treats Franco, even though she was his biggest defender, as long as she thought he was Jason's twin.

by Anonymousreply 351December 7, 2019 4:57 PM

Sarah Brown's Carly had no self-esteem - that's why she wanted Bobbie's life, she wanted to be somebody else. TB's Carly had self-esteem - she knew she could be loved - But because Guza had lost interest in her character, she had to play constant victim stories. LW's Carly is all self-esteem, force of nature. But for years Carly has had everything she ever wanted -loving husband, loving kids, super rich... which means her character doesn't have a purpose.

They had a chance to regress Carly with AJ's return years ago, but RC fucked it up. Carly should have gone balls to the wall for revenge, only to fuck everything up, because that's what original-recipe Carly did. Missed opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 352December 7, 2019 5:09 PM

He was arrested while EJ Johnson was chasing him down the street tryint to kiss him...

CAN U BLAME HIM FOR RUNNING WITH ALL HIS MIGHT???

by Anonymousreply 353December 7, 2019 5:15 PM

Well, Carly is all grown up and owns and runs a major hotel now. She can't be a quivering, shrinking violet and effectively deal with lazy staff, wayward vendors and demanding clients. Leona Helmsley is her role model.

by Anonymousreply 354December 7, 2019 5:21 PM

r352

how did CArly end up with money?

by Anonymousreply 355December 7, 2019 6:34 PM

Carly got a healthy settlement from Sonny the first time they divorced, we know this because he discussed it with Alexis - and that was after he had already given Carly a suitcase full of cash when he threw her out the first time, I think it was a million dollars. Carly said she spent a portion of that money in Martinique, but the show never clarified what happened to the rest of it. Then, although GH never dove into it, she was her father's only child, so she would have inherited his estate, which included an apartment in Manhattan - and this was after he had already bought her a house. Then later, she became half-owner of the hotel. Carly hasn't been poor in decades.

by Anonymousreply 356December 7, 2019 6:58 PM

Besides the horrific writing, LW’s line delivery is the issue. She says all of her lines the same way. Even when you *should* feel sorry for Carly you can’t because LW’s snarling.

Anyways, what was with Parry Shen and that... prank? Is that what we can call it? Random.

by Anonymousreply 357December 7, 2019 8:00 PM

They just tried an original recipe Carly story with Nelle. They realized that they didn't write that well the first time. Looks like they're trying again.

by Anonymousreply 358December 7, 2019 8:50 PM

[quote]Then later, she became half-owner of the hotel. Carly hasn't been poor in decades.

I believe that was her divorce settlement from Jax. The other half was owned by Kate Howard/Connie Falconieri, which was then inherited by Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 359December 7, 2019 10:36 PM

by Anonymousreply 360December 7, 2019 10:48 PM

^^ Brought to you by The Port Hole, Port Charles' premier gay bar, conveniently located off Pier 69!

by Anonymousreply 361December 8, 2019 3:58 AM

^^ Brought to you by The Port Hole, Port Charles' premier gay bar, conveniently located off Pier 69!

by Anonymousreply 362December 8, 2019 3:58 AM

if ony he would escort that hot big ass of his..

by Anonymousreply 363December 8, 2019 8:34 AM

Why, yes, he could be the new Dockside Doris of the Port Chuck waterfront.

by Anonymousreply 364December 8, 2019 5:54 PM

id pay to suk the juice out of his fine butt

by Anonymousreply 365December 9, 2019 1:22 PM

Liz had on the snug low-cut purple sweater that she's worn for many years. It's held up well.

by Anonymousreply 366December 10, 2019 4:54 AM

Is it just me, or did today seem like it had a big chunk missing? Like, Ava went ZOOM straight to the gallery from her drugged stupor at Shadybrook with no explanation of how things went from point A to point B. And didn't Trina say she lost her internship when she got into trouble with Cam and Joss, yet now she's back like nothing happened. Stuff like that.

by Anonymousreply 367December 10, 2019 6:21 AM

Used to wish him and Lucky would fuck each other.

by Anonymousreply 368December 10, 2019 6:28 AM

Greg Vaughan Lucky or Jonathan Jackson Lucky both would be HOT fucking Tyler

by Anonymousreply 369December 10, 2019 10:13 AM

[quote]Greg Vaughan Lucky or Jonathan Jackson Lucky both would be HOT fucking Tyler

r369 And the thing about it is, if you believe the rumors, Jacob Young's Lucky really was fucking Colton Scott/Stephen Martines's Nikolas in real life.

by Anonymousreply 370December 10, 2019 10:52 AM

casting couch used to be used bigtime in soaps, look at the uber purdy boys who get hired, or ho studs, HOT

they need a soap with lotsa gay action

by Anonymousreply 371December 10, 2019 11:34 AM

R370

Yeah they were fuck buddies for real. Flash forward and JY is a Born Again and CS/SM is a felon.

by Anonymousreply 372December 10, 2019 1:10 PM

r367 Yes, Monday's show felt off, like they'd accidentally skipped an episode, or were airing that episode out of order.

When we saw Ava on Thursday, she was drugged up and terrified. But here on Monday, Ava looked fine and refreshed and was at the gallery doing work. Felt like there should have been an episode showing Ava pulling herself together and deciding to check herself out of Shadybrook so she could go back to work at the gallery.

by Anonymousreply 373December 10, 2019 2:22 PM

I felt Monday's episode was off too. I remember thinking WTF at several times while watching. I had to catch it on the GH website so I thought that maybe they don't show the entire show on the website. The time was 36 minutes with commercials so what, we see less than 30 minutes of actual show and the rest is commercials!

by Anonymousreply 374December 10, 2019 3:05 PM

It sucks that there are that many commercials, but being able to sell that much advertising is what is keeping the show on the air. It sure isn't the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 375December 10, 2019 4:46 PM

R367 No, Trina had to skip a day because of the drinking... though she wasn’t drinking. GH just wanted a lame Breakfast Club episode for these teens.

I’m hoping they don’t tie Trina to the Ashford’s but from another past family. I love the actress and her chemistry with William Lipton and Maura West. She’s such a nice switch from Laura Wright Jr.

by Anonymousreply 376December 10, 2019 5:29 PM

CW's scenes the past couple days with MW are the first time I haven't disliked her and her acting and even thought she did a good job. TPTB need to develop this alliance and take Nina out of Valentine/Charlotte/Maxie/Dr. O/Jax's orbit, she's just not clicking with any of those actors.

by Anonymousreply 377December 10, 2019 7:01 PM

MW can make a broom seem like a good actor. Other actors must be thrilled when they know their characters are getting in Ava's orbit.

by Anonymousreply 378December 10, 2019 8:39 PM

R377 If CW is sticking around they will have to get her out of Valentine's orbit, because I don't see that character sticking around for long once Nic reclaims his inheritance. I, however, though CW and Jax had some chemistry when he took her home after her "wedding."

by Anonymousreply 379December 10, 2019 9:37 PM

Right now I dislike Nikolas and Valentin equally, so I don't want either to benefit from the will. I can't wait to see how they think they can bypass Nik to have it go straight to Spencer, though. Unless they somehow make it impossible for Nik to resurface, like threatening to expose criminal enterprises he's had a hand in? That might work. Stay "dead" or go to jail.

by Anonymousreply 380December 10, 2019 9:56 PM

R369 Jonathan Jackson's Lucky was such a sullen little boy. Seeing Tyler mount him from behind would have been super hot - bet his dick is like a post. Too bad JJ's older brother Richard Lee Jackson wasn't around to join in.

by Anonymousreply 381December 10, 2019 10:00 PM

R380 I don't think Nik is someone to root for, right now. But, I can't imagine they would go to the trouble of bringing back the character, if he doesn't regain his rightful place. Also, the show is in need of a dark character who might actually cause trouble, rather than the rotating villain of the month, they have been utilizing. Valentine has never filled the need, because they made him such a "romantic."

by Anonymousreply 382December 10, 2019 10:12 PM

I hope they don’t continue to drag out the Nik reveal. I’m really looking forward to seeing the actor with Genie and Becky. I don’t give a shit about Emme.

by Anonymousreply 383December 10, 2019 11:19 PM

Are we really supposed to believe that there were no nurses or anyone else in the OR where Franco's procedure was being performed? Liz is one of the top nurses at GH, Frankendrew grew close to Monica, Scott and Bobbie are in a relationship. There is no way the three of them would have allowed the procedure to occur without nurses and others monitoring Franco to make sure he wasn't being harmed.

by Anonymousreply 384December 11, 2019 12:52 AM

Scott and Cameron might only be step-grandfather and step-grandson, but today's episode surprised me in how much they look like they could actually be related. And, how similar Cameron is to a young Scotty.

by Anonymousreply 385December 11, 2019 1:07 AM

Did anyone pay attention to Sarah Brown's 3 acceptance speeches? In the first two, she thanked "the love of her life", Shuki Levy. Third time, she mentioned some other guy who helped her thru a tough time, and Shuki was nowhere to be found. Perhaps her personal life was like Carly's?

by Anonymousreply 386December 11, 2019 8:19 AM

Wouldn't it be great if Franco wakes up, Elizabeth calls to him, "Franco? Franco?"..... he looks at her with a sheepish grin and announces, "My name is Todd!!!!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 387December 11, 2019 8:21 AM

R384

In the good old days it would've played like that but soaps have a shoe strong budget now. They can't be paying for extras. I did think it was ridiculous that Laura was in the hospital & didn't drop by to offer her support to Liz/Cam/Scotty. Instead they had her at the MC with fat ass Maxie & Griffin the dullard.

by Anonymousreply 388December 11, 2019 9:36 AM

R386

If you've followed Sarah's interviews and especially her social media you wouldn't be surprised at all. Her husband Shuki was/is a sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 389December 11, 2019 9:38 AM

r389

like how?

by Anonymousreply 390December 11, 2019 9:41 AM

He was abusive to her and apparently cost her a lot of jobs. She’s also extremely paranoid and often claims she’s being followed and watched. She often talks about her laptops being hacked and cameras being placed in her homes. I think she’s even mentioned being drugged and raped a few years ago. She’s mentioned reporting it to various networks including ABC and their response was to fire her. Her Twitter page is... something. She’s been through a lot.

by Anonymousreply 391December 11, 2019 1:57 PM

So what was the point of Griffin's short, unnecessary return, just to inform Jax of the Claudette backstory? She doesn't need to be resurrected unless she's coming back to kill Valentin.

by Anonymousreply 392December 11, 2019 2:31 PM

I was never a Griffin fan so I had no desire for his return. It was ridiculous they brought him back for Lucas yet we didn't even see him talking to Lucas' husband about his prognosis. We got him updating Carly/Sonny instead.

by Anonymousreply 393December 11, 2019 3:32 PM

I don't think there was a Griffin/Ava reconciliation before his first exit. We sort of got that this time. Also, Anna got to remember what being with an honest son feels like. Hopefully, they're letting Anna have a brain this time and quickly see through Peter's lies.

by Anonymousreply 394December 11, 2019 4:05 PM

As great as the Mike and Sonny scenes were today... they need to end this story. JFC.

by Anonymousreply 395December 13, 2019 1:30 AM

only nudity can save the soaps......NOW

by Anonymousreply 396December 13, 2019 5:44 PM

They need to end all Sonny stories, period! Carly too.

by Anonymousreply 397December 13, 2019 6:30 PM

R397 As I've said before I actually like LW's Carly, when she is away from Sonny. I'd love to see her playout the aftermath of his death, she might even win an Emmy. So come on MB, make the sacrifice and quit, so they can kill you off and LW can get another Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 398December 13, 2019 10:37 PM

Ugh, I remember Carly as a gold-digging little shit of a girl. Of course, soap opera characters do the face/heel pendulum as much as pro wrestlers.

by Anonymousreply 399December 14, 2019 5:15 AM

The only person I felt had interesting chemistry with LW's Carly was RH's Todd, when they first brought the OLTL 3 over from OLTL. I also loved seeing Sam away from Jason and with BcBain. That whole era with Carliavati writing, with fake Duke and Robin kidnapped, etc. was the last time GH was interesting or fun to watch. Then RC went off the rails. Too bad. I'd even like to see him back to be honest. Anything is better than the utterly dull shit we've had on GH for what feels like years now. It's unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 400December 14, 2019 6:39 PM

ITA with you R400. LW and RH as Todd had chemistry for sure and Sam was tolerable with McBain and RC for sure went off the rails but remember he also had the rug pulled out from under him when just like that he lost 3 main characters when the actors were no longer allowed to play Todd, Starr and McBain. That's a hard hit for any writer. I doubt it was his choice to do Franco, Kiki and whoever the hell McBain turned into. I forgot.

I would not mind seeing RH back as Todd if somehow they can bring ES onto the show to play Viki but I don't think she would want to live or travel to CA all the time. I don't want guest appearance Viki. I want regular character Viki. I would love to see Viki somehow bring Sonny down, down and OUT. I wouldn't mind some RS' Dorian too. If I'm correct no one has any rights to the OLTL characters anymore. I wonder if the actresses are too elderly to work the way they did even if they made it to CA.

by Anonymousreply 401December 14, 2019 8:46 PM

Love to see BOTH those actresses on, R401, but I think you're right that neither would be interested in moving or commuting long term.

Wish they'd get rid of Nina, Peter, Willow, that other hot young cop and his girlfriend, and Lulu. I know Lulu has history but the character hasn't worked since Julie Berman left.

by Anonymousreply 402December 14, 2019 9:10 PM

R403

Todd was one of the greatest characters ever created in the genre but no one working in Daytime now has the ability to write such a complex character. For that reason alone I don't want him recreated.

I don't think age would prevent ES or RS from doing a contract. I don't think ES would want a contract. She seems happy being semi-retired. RS, on the other hand, loves to work. That being said I don't see GH hiring anyone in their age bracket. We already have NLG, FH, LC, and JZ .

by Anonymousreply 403December 14, 2019 9:59 PM

[quote]Todd was one of the greatest characters ever created in the genre but no one working in Daytime now has the ability to write such a complex character.

These days you can only write a Todd type character on a premium cable or streaming show. Soap Opera, or at least the soap opera audiences, no longer will allow complex characters who are imperfect or even downright heinous human beings to take a journey of redemption.

by Anonymousreply 404December 14, 2019 10:12 PM

R402, 403, 404, you've all brought up great points. I would love for all the characters you mentioned, R402, to be gone. They add nothing to the show. Sadly I do agree that ES would not be interested in coming to any soap full time and I would have thought the same for RS until I read your post R403, I didn't know she is still eager to work as a regular on a soap. Good for her. I hope she keeps getting work. GH does have a lot of women over 50 characters. I do think they could give Alexis a rest for a while. She makes really poor decisions for someone supposedly smart and experienced and enough already, IMO.

ITA that Todd was the best soap character ever written and back then played by RH. Gottlieb and Malone did a brilliant job and I think Claire Labine did almost as well. After that Todd, even while still on OLTL, was unrecognizable and from the time he came back in 2000 it was so clear that RH didn't give a damn or was willing to put even the smallest bit of effort into playing Todd. It was a paycheck to him and nothing more. Very sad considering how he fought for Todd prior to 1998, how both he and the actress who played Marty fought for their characters back in the day was really something.

IA that real Todd could never be written these days and what's left of the soap audience is used to being given crap and used to the blink and you miss them scenes instead of the glorious 15 minute scenes that the actors and the audience could really get into when Todd was first created. Back in 1994 the one hour soaps ran for 48 minutes of actual show. Now they are about 33 minutes and the scenes fly by without ever being really satisfying for the audience and probably for the actors.

Maybe some day HBO or one of the premium networks will do a soap and someone like Todd can be written but really how fair would that be to those who can't afford it. How popular would Todd or Roger on GL or Luke on GH have been if the audience had to pay to see them?

Again, really excellent discussion, all of you.

by Anonymousreply 405December 14, 2019 11:33 PM

R405 If I was in charge of GH, I would refocus General Hospital on the Hospital. One way I would do that is to focus on the rivalry between GH and Mercy Hospital. I would have Dr. Olbrecht regain her licence and go to work at Mercy, along with Brad, for its new Chief of Staff Dr. Dorian Lord (RS). Also, on staff at Mercy would be ethically challenged but brilliant Dr. David Haywood from Pine Valley. Dorian's plan would, of course, be to take down GH and make Mercy the number one hospital. You can still have other non-Hospital stories, such as Quartermaine/ELQ business, Laura and the Cassidines, and even Anna/Robert and the WSB. But, the Hospital should always be the main focus, that everything else rotates around.

When, it comes to ES, I would love to see her on a soap again. She is still working with the occasional guest role. I think it wouldn't be hard to entice her to take a role in California, especially if they gave her a similar contract as Genie Francis or Fiona Hughes, where she wouldn't have to work everyday and would get significant time off. I don't think she would want to return to the level of work she had on OLTL, because she was still carrying major stories right until the end.

by Anonymousreply 406December 14, 2019 11:53 PM

Good for Him

by Anonymousreply 407December 15, 2019 12:13 AM

Great story ideas, R406. I think that would be fascinating. I miss that General HOSPITAL is hardly about the hospital.

I think if it wasn't too hard physically ES might be willing to work. Now that I think of it, Roger Howarth still lives in NY and maybe that's one of the reasons he doesn't get as much air time as others. Maybe he doesn't want it, as long as he still makes big bucks, although probably not as big as what he once got. I don't think any soaps pay any actors what they once did. I think in his prime RH was getting a couple of million a year. Not much compared to movie actors or other kinds of celebrities but still a lot.

by Anonymousreply 408December 15, 2019 12:51 AM

R391 I never heard that.

I remember when she announced that they were engaged and she was pregnant. I thought it was odd because she was in her early-20s and he was almost 30 years older than her (he was born in 1947, she was born in 1975). Then I learned that they met when he was a producer on VR Troopers, which she started on when she was only 19. So, he was basically her boss.

When they were together, she talked about how he made her over, bought her clothes, assigned her books to read, and she even converted to his religion. It sounded super creepy and controlling. From things she has said, I have gotten the impression that he purposely got her pregnant to trap her, though she clearly loves her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 409December 15, 2019 1:02 AM

R391 I never heard that.

I remember when she announced that they were engaged and she was pregnant. I thought it was odd because she was in her early-20s and he was almost 30 years older than her (he was born in 1947, she was born in 1975). Then I learned that they met when he was a producer on VR Troopers, which she started on when she was only 19. So, he was basically her boss.

When they were together, she talked about how he made her over, bought her clothes, assigned her books to read, and she even converted to his religion. It sounded super creepy and controlling. From things she has said, I have gotten the impression that he purposely got her pregnant to trap her, though she clearly loves her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 410December 15, 2019 1:02 AM

R404 I deleted my Twitter account because so many soap fans act like the shows are horseraces where they root for their faves. My faves have always been people like Todd Manning and Helena Cassadine.

by Anonymousreply 411December 15, 2019 1:05 AM

R411 I fully believe we will see another Helena resurrection. There is no way that after all the focus on her painting, that she will not return. If only for a brief stint. Her story with Jake the other year at the Nurse's ball, where she was just a figment of his imagination, can't be her swansong.

by Anonymousreply 412December 15, 2019 1:08 AM

Do any of you know why RH left OLTL for ATWT in 2003?

by Anonymousreply 413December 15, 2019 1:15 AM

I know he has said that he had grown tired and uncomfortable with the role.

by Anonymousreply 414December 15, 2019 1:19 AM

R413

He was very resistant to OLTL trying to romanticize Todd especially where Marty was concerned.. He also said carrying the weight of that character for long stretches was just too much. He needed breaks.

R406

I would love for the show to be more focused on the hospital side of the show but GH continues to push the Sonny, Carly, Jason, Sam narrative. They're the only family the show thinks is important & I couldn't give a fuck about any of them.

by Anonymousreply 415December 15, 2019 2:42 AM

I'd love for Helena to come back for no other reason than to have her say she was behind the ridiculous Teresa Carter Rick Webber mess of early 2000 or 2002 - whenever it was.

Fix it. Erase it. Reunite Rick and Lesley and then bring them on for every holiday for as long as they're with us.

by Anonymousreply 416December 15, 2019 2:45 AM

R415 I would write Sonny and Sam out. I would turn Sonny in a villain, as a mobster should be, then he could be one of those characters that returns every so often for a crime story and then disappears again. Carly could stay because she is connected to both Bobbie and the Quartermaines(because of Michael) and Jason could stay but would become an actual Q again.

by Anonymousreply 417December 15, 2019 2:47 AM

Well, the rumor is that back in August Kelly signed on for only one year and recurring. Sam is currently in jail and doesn’t seem to be getting out any time soon. I’m hoping the rumor is true.

by Anonymousreply 418December 15, 2019 5:30 AM

[quote]If I was in charge of GH, I would refocus General Hospital on the Hospital.

Speaking of that, did anyone else notice they opened Friday's show with the classic outside shot of the hospital that they always used to have at the opening of every show? It felt like a little Christmas treat.

by Anonymousreply 419December 15, 2019 6:02 AM

^^Yes. At first I thought it was a repeat of a "classic" episode.

by Anonymousreply 420December 15, 2019 8:14 AM

It's rumored that years ago ABC supposedly did a survey on GH and allegedly a couple tv markets for example told them that they liked the mob stuff and that Sonny, Jason and Carly were some of their favorites.

by Anonymousreply 421December 15, 2019 8:57 AM

u know that hot fat ass of his sports the most tasty asshole in town....

by Anonymousreply 422December 15, 2019 10:00 AM

Elder gays will recall Dr. Hardy's annual reading of "'Twas the Night Before Christmas".

by Anonymousreply 423December 15, 2019 10:09 AM

R422, Damn right!

by Anonymousreply 424December 15, 2019 10:10 AM

I’m surprised they don’t have Sonny doing the annual reading

by Anonymousreply 425December 15, 2019 11:37 AM

R418

Sam's out by Christmas

by Anonymousreply 426December 15, 2019 11:49 AM

I don't hate Sonny. The character has been around for what... 20 years? My problem is they won't play him for what he is. What business is he in? Girls? Guns? Drugs? Be honest about who and what the character is, stop being vague, that's what so annoying to me. Or, turn the character semi legit. Based on what was suggested above, have Sonny buy Mercy Hospital. Or put Sonny on the board at GH. Boards of Directors are littered with shady characters.

by Anonymousreply 427December 15, 2019 2:32 PM

That’s been the problem with the character for years. I laughed when they had Curtis go to him for marital advice.

by Anonymousreply 428December 15, 2019 3:26 PM

R427 Exactly, he is supposed to be the "East coast's largest crime boss," so show us what he does. It would be like if The Sopranos only focused on Tony's home life and made us guess about the rest.

R423 Not, elder, but I remember as a child looking forward to it, then they had Alan do it. Has anyone done it since Alan's death?

by Anonymousreply 429December 15, 2019 3:36 PM

Dr. O had a fabulous reading of the Krampus story.

by Anonymousreply 430December 15, 2019 4:56 PM

R427

No way do I want Sonny on any hospital board. At this point I'm watching GH in spite of the Mob Four. I don't want that POS infecting the side of the show I like.

by Anonymousreply 431December 15, 2019 6:49 PM

R429

The last few years Monica has read it.

by Anonymousreply 432December 15, 2019 6:50 PM

R432 Nice, I figured it had to be her or Bobbie, if they still did it. But, with Bobbie's plastic surgery she might frighten the children.

by Anonymousreply 433December 15, 2019 11:05 PM

R427 He's anti drug now, but when he first came on the show, he hooked Karen on drugs and made her strip in his club. Though it was never stated, I always got the impression that he was running girls. No idea what he does now!

Sonny is useless. Either the show needs to make him a real mobster, or not.

I have the same problem with Valentin. I thought he was fun and exciting when he showed up. Then they made him Nina's lapdog and that weird relationship with Peter, and he's boring.

by Anonymousreply 434December 15, 2019 11:25 PM

R433 Monica looks worse than Bobbie.

by Anonymousreply 435December 16, 2019 12:26 AM

R435 I don't agree. At least Monica doesn't have that Joker grin thing going on.

by Anonymousreply 436December 16, 2019 1:40 AM

You could bounce a quarter off of both their foreheads

by Anonymousreply 437December 16, 2019 1:45 AM

Monica and Bobbie weren't always pals; Monica had Laura's back when Bobbie was trying to send her off to reform school.

Bobbie goaded Laura into pushing her in the hospital book room where she volunteered (Laura was NOT a candy striper); Monica came in to break it up; next thing you knew there was a crowd in the room, including Laura's probation officer; and Bobbie twists the knife by saying to Monica in front of everyone: Dr. Quartermaine I just want to thank you for SAVING MY LIFE.

Bitch!

by Anonymousreply 438December 16, 2019 1:51 AM

R438

It's been so long ago. Did Laura have the probation officer because of David Hamilton ?

by Anonymousreply 439December 16, 2019 4:07 AM

R439, yes, and he was a cutie, too.

after Laura's probation ended I think he just vanished. Maybe he went to the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 440December 16, 2019 4:51 AM

all I can find is that Laura's probation officer was named John Higgins; really tall; nice hair; kind of vanilla but he was hot to me.

by Anonymousreply 441December 16, 2019 5:05 AM

Mark Lawson really does need to talk to someone about that awful picture they have of him in the opening.

by Anonymousreply 442December 16, 2019 6:10 PM

Today was a really good episode. You had the hospital drama of Liz/Franco. You had Anna getting wise to her no good "son". You had the lighthearted banter between Finn & Chase. And you had Ava orchestrating the cat & mouse game during the art auction- leading to that surprise ending.

And the cherry on the top was no Sonny, Carly, Jason, Sam.

by Anonymousreply 443December 16, 2019 9:42 PM

IA today was good. Trina has been a lovely addition to the cast and Laura/Curtis are so great together.

by Anonymousreply 444December 17, 2019 12:29 AM

IA, today's show was interesting from beginning end. I love the way the auction ended. I never expected that. It's rare that you can't see where the writing is going a mile ahead and today was a wonderful surprise and every story left me wanting more. I even care who wakes up, Franco or Drew or someone in between.

by Anonymousreply 445December 17, 2019 1:35 AM

So do you think the portrait was a fake or that the codicil was in the frame, since it was missing?

by Anonymousreply 446December 17, 2019 1:54 AM

Not wanting to give away the end, I think something wasn't kosher with what happened to the portrait. Ava and Nina are not idiots, well, Ava anyway. I don't think they would have done that to the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 447December 17, 2019 2:07 AM

Ava & Nina were grinning like Cheshire cats after it went up in flames.

That's either a counterfeit painting or they found the codicil and removed it first.

by Anonymousreply 448December 17, 2019 2:20 AM

Promo for a special episode that’s airing Monday. Not sure why Easton is the focus but whatever. At least it’s not Sonny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449December 17, 2019 12:32 PM

I was always thinking that it was strange that the frame was removed, so maybe the codicil was there. Didn't see the portrait burning though. That should bring a big reaction.

by Anonymousreply 450December 17, 2019 1:25 PM

I'd rather they spent their limited budget dollars on quality writers and bringing back core family/legacy characters instead of fantasy episodes that require unnecessary sets and wardrobe. No one is clamoring for these type of episodes.

by Anonymousreply 451December 17, 2019 5:39 PM

The asshole have decided to break the momentum of the stories by having a fantasy episode on Monday. I have always hated anything but a real show, even years ago. I hate fantasy, singing, comedy or anything but a continuation of the actual story. With all the shows we will miss because of holidays and news interruptions to throw away a day on this is a very stupid move, IMO. Does anyone here actually want to see a version of Christmas Carol or whatever the fuck Monday's show will be or do you want a real show?

by Anonymousreply 452December 17, 2019 6:28 PM

^^^^

I've always enjoyed it when soaps do these stand alone type episodes.. These type of things have been done going back to the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 453December 18, 2019 12:08 AM

imagine how hot he is getting in jail, sobered up, working out, keeping his anus in good working order..

by Anonymousreply 454December 18, 2019 12:44 AM

I'll just say it again: in four episodes, they could fix that AWFUL Rick Webber/ Theresa Carter story that Guza came up with to get Laura off the canvas.

It was all Helena. Bring on Rick and Lesley and write them off into the sunset.

Hell, a creative writer would bring on Ginny and RICK WEBBER JR, and make him the new hunk on the show.

by Anonymousreply 455December 18, 2019 4:15 AM

JY has gotten himself a new job.

by Anonymousreply 456December 18, 2019 4:18 AM

is Jacob back as Lucky?

by Anonymousreply 457December 18, 2019 4:32 AM

No r457 he has joined the spin-off of web series The Bay.

by Anonymousreply 458December 18, 2019 5:15 AM

oh.

Oh. that's.

that's not a job.

I mean, no. It's not. I'm sorry. It's not.

ty tho

by Anonymousreply 459December 18, 2019 5:18 AM

me-OW

by Anonymousreply 460December 18, 2019 5:32 AM

why discuss anything but his ironic beautific rump?

by Anonymousreply 461December 18, 2019 8:46 AM

Yesterday was another good episode.

Ava has her mojo back and it is great! She was gleeful yesterday at rattling everyone's chains. Then at the end when she caught Nik in her web (gun & martini in hand!) ? Perfection!

Franco & Liz reunion was a welcome end to the long Kim disaster. Say what you will but the chemistry between Herbst & Howarth jumps off the screen. The reunion was joyful, fun & romantic.

GH has created a great character in Trina. She's not morose like drippy Joss. Trina's smart, quick witted, fun & is shown to be fiercely loyal to Cam and now Ava.

Anna seems to finally be waking up to the possibility that her "son" is a monster.

I was surprised Laura saw the photo of Nik. That is a good sign because the previous regime would've dragged that out another 6 months. DOC/CVE are wrapping up shit & advancing all the stories = Thank You!

It looks like we're heading toward a custody battle between LuLu & Valentin. I somehow think this will be a more even playing field than their last custody trial & that's a good thing.

The last 2 episodes have been so enjoyable without the Mob Four.

by Anonymousreply 462December 18, 2019 12:16 PM

I hope they keep Cam away from pursuing a relationship with Joss.

by Anonymousreply 463December 18, 2019 12:23 PM

It's my busy time of the year with all the hospital decorations and the kids around and all the mess. Now r455 wants to add to my work load and make me take Rick Webber's photo off the GH Memorial Wall?

I don't have time now. Maybe in a few weeks when I have to add Audrey's photo to the memorial, but not now.

They say that Audrey's babysitting Jake and Aiden, but now, I think it's the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 464December 18, 2019 1:14 PM

Trina actress is terribly annoying like a chirpy mechanical kid from some generic kids educational program. I miss when soaps used to hire young adults to play the teens.

by Anonymousreply 465December 18, 2019 2:57 PM

A few more months working with MW and Trina will come across like a seasoned professional

by Anonymousreply 466December 18, 2019 5:12 PM

I loved Laura's line to Valentin when he said something about "let's all be happy":

"Are you dying or just moving."

Perfect delivery from our Miss Francis.

by Anonymousreply 467December 18, 2019 5:25 PM

I ♥️ Maura West but she was overly tanned at the auction.

by Anonymousreply 468December 18, 2019 7:35 PM

The Trina actress, along with the kid who plays Cam, is the best new addition to the show in a long time. It was great to see her away from the other teens and hold her on with adults. She’s sweet but also witty like in the scene with Curtis and when she created that accident to keep Valentin from bidding against Laura. I like her with Cam. They have a really nice chemistry.

I still hate Friz and I refuse to believe Franco is suddenly back to normal. However, I’m just thrilled we don’t have to hear that stupid accent anymore. Becky can have chemistry with a brick wall which is why they work well together.

Also, we don’t need Claudette back. Really, GH. We don’t.

by Anonymousreply 469December 18, 2019 10:38 PM

I think that eventually little bits and pieces of Drew's memories will start appearing in Franco's mind. Could be interesting, depending on how they work it. Might be anything from an occasional deja vu moment to full on dual personalities and all the kookiness that comes with it. Either way, I hope he's smart enough to play it close to the vest where Peter is concerned.

by Anonymousreply 470December 18, 2019 10:56 PM

I hate Drew and Franco. Both characters are boring and useless.

by Anonymousreply 471December 18, 2019 11:20 PM

R468/R469

I think Drew is completely gone from Franco. I don't think there will be any memories or flashbacks.

I do think there might be something on the phone Drew gave to Cam. The show has made a point on 2 occasions to do a close up of the phone & a flashback to Drew asking Cam to hold on to it.

They didn't do all of that for it to not lead to something. Drewco left some sort of message is my guess. Hopefully it incriminates Peter.

by Anonymousreply 472December 18, 2019 11:55 PM

[quote] Also, we don’t need Claudette back. Really, GH. We don’t.

I like the actress, so I wouldn't mind a short term return to facilitate Valentin's exit.

Sadly, they have combined the younger actor/actress categories into one gender neutral one, because the Trina and Cam actors both deserve to win one.

by Anonymousreply 473December 19, 2019 12:05 AM

It will be hard enough to keep Charlotte on the show without Valentin. I don't think having Claudette coming back for a Charlotte Has 2 Mommies storyline would help.

by Anonymousreply 474December 19, 2019 3:26 PM

R474 Lulu is her mother and Laura her grandmother, it won’t be hard to keep her on canvas. I don’t want a two mama storyline. My idea is that she could return to facilitate Valentin’s imprisonment, since I think he would be able to wriggle out of punishment for any of his other crimes. Likewise they can bring Griffin back for another short appearance, so he and Claudette can ride off into the sunset with one another. That poor sad hot former priest deserves a little happiness.

by Anonymousreply 475December 19, 2019 3:38 PM

R475

Forget all that. I vote for the Spoon Island launch exploding with Valentin, Nina, Charlotte & Sasha on board. The episode ends with Helena laughing from the Wyndemere dock.

by Anonymousreply 476December 19, 2019 4:18 PM

Cynthia Watros finally feels comfortable to me playing Nina.

by Anonymousreply 477December 19, 2019 4:22 PM

R477 I want to see her in a relationship with either Jax or Curtis.

by Anonymousreply 478December 19, 2019 4:40 PM

Every actor on the show seems better when they do scenes with Curtis. He's one of those actors who elevates his scene partners, like MW.

by Anonymousreply 479December 19, 2019 6:33 PM

Curtis can elevate everyone except for nuJordan. Maybe that's why we're seeing less and less of her.

by Anonymousreply 480December 20, 2019 12:23 AM

hey trix of his, turn loose with some o dem ass pix !

by Anonymousreply 481December 20, 2019 12:49 AM

Ass pix of Curtis are welcome, too.

by Anonymousreply 482December 20, 2019 1:49 AM

Is Valentin leaving?

by Anonymousreply 483December 20, 2019 2:44 AM

R483 It hasn't been announced but between the Sasha fallout and Nic's return, I just don't see how or why he would remain on canvas.

by Anonymousreply 484December 20, 2019 2:47 AM

One of the acresses who would be considered a lead female hero was the subject of gossip on set among the crew that she quote "rough rides a cock like she's going to break it".

by Anonymousreply 485December 20, 2019 3:16 AM

R485 = Anna Lee

by Anonymousreply 486December 20, 2019 3:44 AM

Well, Anna Lee was a big whore.

by Anonymousreply 487December 20, 2019 3:45 AM

It was an unfortunate sling accident that put her in the wheelchair, you know.

by Anonymousreply 488December 20, 2019 4:11 AM

It certainly looks like they're setting up a Valentin exit. At this point, Shiloh had more friends in town than Valentin now does. Not sure how they're going to get him to exit without taking Charlotte with him. Likely a fake death for him to return at some point.

by Anonymousreply 489December 20, 2019 12:16 PM

Maybe Claudette will kill Val or help send him to prison.

by Anonymousreply 490December 20, 2019 12:29 PM

Apparently I am in the minority, but I like Valentin. I think James Patrick Stuart does a great job. He's also lovely to look at. I hope they keep him around.

The show has never really used Valentin to his full potential as a villain. Instead, they tried to cast him as a romantic lead by having him fall for Nina. But perhaps Valentin can live up to his potential once he looses the Cassadine fortune and has to resort to other means to survive.

by Anonymousreply 491December 20, 2019 2:01 PM

When they introduced Liesl Obrect in 2012, I never would have imagined she would still be a part of the show in 2019. Show found a way to keep her around and also keep her as a villain.

by Anonymousreply 492December 20, 2019 2:04 PM

How dare you r486, r487!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493December 20, 2019 2:27 PM

I'm still not feeling new Nik. It's a combination of writing, his too young appearance and robotic delivery of lines. He is attractive but they really did need someone with a heftier build and with some swagger. I read a comment somewhere that said he's not "patrician" enough, I agree.

MW continues to deliver and be all that and a bag of chips.

CW is growing on me, never thought I'd say that.

by Anonymousreply 494December 20, 2019 2:36 PM

CW is getting better because they are finally writing Nina in a manner that works for her. She excels at portraying someone scheming and seeking revenge, that is also about to explode.

by Anonymousreply 495December 20, 2019 4:32 PM

CW is OK, just not the right look for the role. Certainly not the goddess who could capture and tame the beast that is Valentin, so to speak. During her scenes with Obrecht, she looked maybe five years younger than her aunt.

by Anonymousreply 496December 20, 2019 4:52 PM

^^^

Valentin a beast??? He is a whiny sniveling piece of Euro Trash. He's laughable especially as the one person Helena said she feared. He needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 497December 20, 2019 5:38 PM

Agreed R497. And CW shines away from JPS. I love her in scenes with MW.

by Anonymousreply 498December 20, 2019 7:24 PM

Yes, R497, perhaps I should have put quotes around the word "beast," but I thought adding "so to speak" took care of that particular nuance. They pretty much wiped away any vestiges of badassery when they decided to create the backstory with the humpback and the stuttering. Ironically, though, the vulnerability shown in those scenes, especially with Anna, were some of his best acting. Now he's just kind of smirky and shifty.

by Anonymousreply 499December 20, 2019 10:49 PM

Kathleen Gati previews Monday's Scrooge episode.

I just adore her. She seems like a lovely person. I follow her on social media and she seems very kind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500December 20, 2019 11:11 PM

Gati was a big part of Tyler's Emmy reel a few years back when he won.

All the scenes were about him crying over Spencer being burned.

Everyone's hugging and crying with him and then Dr. O comes out and says; "Spenzah must LEEVE Zee General Hozpitall immediately!"

Nik thought she was trying to kick him out and went to anger, but Dr. O meant he should go to Shriners where he could be treated better.

Totally added to his reel in a great way.

by Anonymousreply 501December 20, 2019 11:14 PM

[quote] He's laughable especially as the one person Helena said she feared.

Yeah, that's one reason I want at least one more Helena return from the dead, so she can show she wasn't really afraid of him. Because I can't imagine her ever being afraid of him, hell Lulu is scarier than him and looks like she could beat him up, which makes their shouting scenes kinda funny.

by Anonymousreply 502December 21, 2019 1:28 AM

I hope somehow Franco finds and saves Drew once again, real Drew. I miss BM. I know I stand alone, but I liked the actor and the character, I mostly liked his relationship with Franco. Even if Jason has to get into the act I'll take it, as long as they make it clear that it's Franco who actually saves Drew, like he did when Drew was 3 and Franco was 4. If BM wants to leave again after this story line I won't complain. But I just don't want it to end this way for the brothers.

by Anonymousreply 503December 21, 2019 3:23 AM

^^^^

Don't hold your breath. TPTB don't want BM back & BM doesn't want to be back. It was mutual as to why the character was ix nayed.. No love lost on either side.

by Anonymousreply 504December 21, 2019 7:40 AM

Knock wood....I never thought I'd say it but this show is slowly turning around since the exit of Shelly. I actually think DOC/CVE could fix it if FV/NV leave them alone. The weak points still remain the 4 air hogs. Sadly we'll always be stuck with those horrid characters but their focus appears diminished.

-I'm not sold on the nuNik but the storyline of his return is lining up nicely. It's become a real umbrella story. This is setting up to be a real humdinger when this blows.

-Finally they have reset Ava back to the fierce boss she was under Ron. She's not cowering to Sonny/Carly. She played them like a fiddle this week. She's back in control of her life & she's not taking shit from Nik, Valentin, etc... As a huge CW fan from her Annie's days it pained me to watch her as Nina. That was until Nina used her brain & put it together about Valentin. Hooking her up with Ava was perfection. These 2 enemies uniting to punish those who wronged them was inspired.

-I was resistant to Franco/Liz at the start but they really are the only truly romantic coupe on this show. You absolutely believe these 2 are besotted with each other & the chemistry between Herbst & Howarth is really special. Their episodes this week where Franco returned highlighted that they can easily shift from banter, humor, love, angst. Nobody else on GH has that right now.

Another thing that's been righted is Anna finally being written as smart. She's no longer looking at Peter with guilt. She's finally seeing who he really is. Please let this be Peter's swan song....LW be damned.

Speaking of swan songs I can't help but think they are setting up Julian's downfall. It should've happened after the knife to the throat but beggars can't be choosers. I'm also happy that the show finally started writing for Brad/Lucas. They should've been playing them a lot sooner so when all the Wiley stuff comes out the impact would be greater

Cameron & Trina are really good teens to build on. Sadly the same can't be said about Joss & Dev. Dev shouldn't even be a thing and Joss needs a HUGE reset. She's annoying & that's worse than unlikable.

I'm thrilled they brought on Setton as Brook Lynn. Every show needs a shit stirrer & she is it. I'm also beyond thrilled JE is back. God! How I've missed her.

I like the potential vibe of Alexis & Neil but we need to see more of them.

Things that need to be ended like yesterday: Mike's illness and Michael with any female. They need to kill of Mike & move on. Somebody at GH needs to open their eyes & realize CD can not generate sexual chemistry or even romantic chemistry with a female. Not to mention he's such a lackluster performer.

Excuse the long posts just my $0.02 .

by Anonymousreply 505December 21, 2019 1:38 PM

I am always cautious about these things. A new writer has the ability to clean up messes quickly that previous writers don't. While the show appears to be in better shape, Frank is still calling the shots. There will never be a true fixing of GH as long as FV is running things. What is this, the third or fourth writing team? Who always remains? FV.

by Anonymousreply 506December 21, 2019 1:44 PM

New ratings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507December 21, 2019 10:17 PM

R507 That is why I hate the ratings, whenever the show seems to be improving, the ratings slide down, but when it is a shit show they stay the same or even increase.

by Anonymousreply 508December 22, 2019 12:07 AM

New thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509December 22, 2019 1:00 AM

R508, James Reilly said the ratings drop like a lead weight and rise like a feather.

by Anonymousreply 510December 22, 2019 4:21 AM

R509

Why did you start a new thread when this one has 90 more posts.?

by Anonymousreply 511December 22, 2019 6:14 AM

r511 Apparently this thread has been paywalled, aka "Murielled" as of today.

So they started a new one so everyone can contribute.

by Anonymousreply 512December 22, 2019 6:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!