Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Genoa City: As Cane falls, Jabottom rises to the top

Will Adam and his fivehead return to stir up more trouble?

Will Phyllis stutter?

Can Sharon manage an entire facial expression?

And....go!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388November 18, 2019 10:45 AM

Really? Him? Again?

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2019 9:09 PM

So long, Goddard! Guess you should’ve been on the Trane Train

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2019 9:13 PM

I guess this means Devon gets to keep his money. I wonder if he kills Cane.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2019 9:14 PM

Finally! Its coming ten years later than it should have come. But better late than never.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2019 10:01 PM

Goodard didn't want to do the Maitland story.

He's out, and meanwhile, Beth just had a Digest story about her being in the opening credits again.

Goddard's learned his lesson: Don't mess with a big bitch! They will cut you every time!

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2019 10:23 PM

^^^^

Beth didn't cause him to be dropped. She's not in charge of hiring & firing. Goddard caused this himself by refusing to act in whatever story he's given.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2019 10:28 PM

He refused Cane/Tracy and Cane/Victoria.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2019 10:37 PM

R4, Our long national nightmare is over.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2019 10:52 PM

[quote]Beth just had a Digest story about her being in the opening credits again.

I wish she were in the contract actors section of the closing credits, too. Her and Greg Rikaart.

Also, I wish they'd get rid of the current NYE opening and bring us the new credits someone mentioned in an earlier thread. And let's see Mark Grossman in the opening. He's the star of the show. I was shocked—shocked, I say—to see Jabottom and his weirdly-shaped head as the OP pic instead of Mark.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2019 10:53 PM

DG must sure be DUMB, if he was SHOCKED about getting the axe.

Let's see now ... no Lily, no kids, no other family members, no house to live in, nine weeks totally zero episodes. He should have been cut or taken off contract well over a year ago.

And the producers didn't do this to him . CK's decision to exit the show, coupled with him perpetually pimping and hanging on to Lane -- something that doesn't exist anymore -- did it.

Live by the Lane, did by the Lane.

And on that note, I almost hope that TPTB give the Loonytoon Laniacs some kind of *sunset ending* for their couple ... if only to perhaps shut them up and avoid them hiring a plane to bomb Television City.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2019 11:52 PM

Not only did Goddard not support the Trane storyline, but when Maitland's body and weight were attacked online, Eric Braeden and Eileen Davidson came out in full support of Maitland but you heard nothing from Goddard.

He wasn't a team player.

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2019 12:10 AM

^^ this

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2019 12:17 AM

Never liked Goddard or Cane. Just a pretty face on Y and R who should’ve been let go like 2008 or 2009. It’s really amazing he held on to the job through so many regime changes. Thank God they finally came to their senses and cut him.

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2019 12:52 AM

R13 I honestly don't get where he is pretty.

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2019 12:53 AM

I have a feeling Goddard is going to milk the sympathy train and the crazed Lane fans will hire planes and bombard CBS with messages.

I don't think it's truly over for him. But this really should be the end of Cane's story.

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2019 4:24 AM

I think the Laneiacs hold way less sway than they used to - the couple isn't as popular, plus Christel isn't really interested in being on the show.

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2019 4:26 AM

R15 he rode out 13 years on the show which is 12 years and 11 months longer than he deserved for such a smug actor and repellent character. With St. John dead and Khalil leaving and the show not recasting, I think the writing was on the wall what was going to happen. I think it’s only a matter or time before Devon (another character I’ve come to loathe) is shown the door and the Winters family will be extinct.

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2019 4:30 AM

[quote] I think it’s only a matter or time before Devon (another character I’ve come to loathe) is shown the door and the Winters family will be extinct.

Please, let this happen, soap goddesses!

I'm all for diversity on Y&R but after years of trying, Devon is still as exciting as watching paint dry.

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2019 4:32 AM

Hopefully he will show up on GH as Robert Scorpio's long lost son.

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2019 4:32 AM

R19 NO! For the love of GOD, no!

by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2019 4:35 AM

If fan pressure couldn't bring back Muhney, then Goddard is done.

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2019 5:16 AM

R9

FTLOG! Grossman is not the star of the show.

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2019 12:38 PM

I always hated Theo more than the guy who plays Kyle because Michael Mealor is just not an actor in any way. He is not my type of pretty boy at all but the Theo character is growing on me. But Mealor is an even worse actor than the gross douche who plays Billy. Fuck do I hate him, they should bring back Billy Miller.

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2019 12:41 PM

[quote]Grossman is not the star of the show.

Well, [italic]you[/italic] can call[/italic] him whatever [italic]you[/italic] like, r22, but Mark Grossman's Adam is the only reason I started watching Y&R again, and the only reason I have stuck with it. It ain't lame-os like Jabottom, with his oddly shaped head, or Theo, who looks more like he needs a bath every episode, who are pulling me in. It certainly ain't Duh-VONN or Cane.

BTW, I have come to realize that they had a truly attractive actor, Lachlan Buchanan, playing Kyle once upon a time, which makes having to sit through each of Jabottom's excrescences particularly painful.

Oh, and I like Jason Thompson just fine. And Beth Maitland, too. I'd like her to take over as show matron.

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2019 12:59 PM

Remember than guy who used to play....what was his name.....uh....Kane or something.....I can't even remember what he looked like....

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2019 2:27 PM

If they're gonna spend all that time talking about my father, they should bring me back - I could get a gig playing piano at Society.

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2019 2:28 PM

No, I will not ever put Mark Grossman and his fivehead as the OP pic.

Nevah!

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2019 2:45 PM

The Conner kid actor is awful.....did he really break his arm.....or did I miss the part where Phyllis threw him out the window?

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2019 5:28 PM

R24 I don't mind JaBottom, but I was a fan of Lachie's as well. .. They should have had Lachie's Kyle and Luca start a downlow affair, then had Summer & Her Melons catch them in bed together.

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2019 6:01 PM

R28 I usually try to give the kids a break, but he truly is bad. Reminds me how bad Courtland Mead was who played one of the Little Phillips.

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2019 6:02 PM

Yee gads they're making Theo Dina's grandson. She and Stuart Brooks were high school lovers and she hid her pregnancy from him. 'Their' son is Theo's father, who is 20 years younger than any of the actresses who played The Brooks sisters so expect any future appearances to be re-cast, de-aged Brooks sisters.

by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2019 6:56 PM

[quote]they're making Theo Dina's grandson.

That makes him Jabottom's first cousin?

by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2019 7:52 PM

R31 I don't think they're playing Theo's father current day, though, since Theo has already said his father died when he was 15.

Like I suggested in the previous thread, maybe we'll only get made-up flashback scenes of "Eric Vanderway" prior to his death.

If that's the case, then the age of the actor they hired can basically work.

Their main concern was probably finding an actor who looks like he could belong to Stuart. In that area, I think they succeeded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2019 7:53 PM

Supposedly they are going to make Stuart a murderer too. Something happened at that prom party that Dina was forced to go along with covering up Stuart's crime. Who he killed and why will lead to a mystery that involves Nikki and Jill.

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2019 8:24 PM

Michael Muhney IN as NuCane.

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2019 8:31 PM

Nikki's mother has never been explored. Could she be the person Stuart killed?

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2019 8:32 PM

R36 No, that wouldn't work. .. Though unseen, Nikki and Casey's mother was still alive in early 1979. .. That's when she was killed in a car accident.

And it was her death that spurred the development where the two sisters' pervy father, Nick Reed, returned to Genoa City.

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2019 11:03 PM

r31

where did you see this? Wouldn't Theo be way too young to be DIna's grandson if her child with Stuart would be older than Jack and Jack had Kyle when he was in his 50s already... maybe greatgrandson?

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2019 11:15 PM

[quote]Mark Grossman and his fivehead

A fivehead? Bitch, please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2019 11:39 PM

I saw Tonya Lee Williams in the Eaton Centre today in Toronto. She still looks good. Sad to realize that Olivia, Neil and Drucilla are no longer on the show. Same with Lily. But won't miss Cane, though.

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2019 11:45 PM

Why was Billy being such a cunt to Kyle today? Is she on her period. Christ, whatta bitch.

by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2019 11:50 PM

R38 Theo is not too young to be Dina's grandson. Theo and JaBottom are peers, and JaBottom is Dina's grandson. And Abby's another grandchild of hers. .. I believe Jack was around 46 when Diane had Spermbaby Kyle. And even if Eric Vanderway were to be 8-10 years older than Jack, then mid-50s would not be that old for a man on a soap opera to become a father. .. Look at King Victor! He knocked Sabrina up a little more than a decade ago. And I think John was already in his 60s when Jill took him to Martini-ville to get pregnant with Billy.

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2019 11:57 PM

R40 Tonya Lee Williams was always one of the most beautiful actresses on daytime, black or white. I have never understood why they couldn't have given her a bigger role than they did Dru. She was better looking, just as talented, and much saner.

by Anonymousreply 43October 24, 2019 12:34 AM

Does anyone know what all the Twitter Drama about Beth Maitland is about?

by Anonymousreply 44October 24, 2019 2:56 AM

Basically, Lane fans were trying to blame her for Cane being let go. However, from what I've seen on Twitter most are defending her, saying he brought it on himself, and that Maitland deserves nothing but respect.

by Anonymousreply 45October 24, 2019 3:00 AM

The Lane crazies are attacking poor Beth Maitland on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 46October 24, 2019 3:18 AM

Of course, the sad, fat, demented Lane fans are having a cow about his firing.

by Anonymousreply 47October 24, 2019 4:17 AM

How could anybody pick on Beth Maitland? She is one of the nicest actors in the biz and stays out of the drama. People attacking her because of her weight, age, etc. Some soap fans are the craziest fans.

And all this over Cane? Really? He's had a good run.

by Anonymousreply 48October 24, 2019 4:28 AM

R48 They aren't soap fans, they are Lane fans, they can't accept that getting rid of Cane is actually best for the show.

by Anonymousreply 49October 24, 2019 4:30 AM

How many of the Cane fans are also Muhney fans?

by Anonymousreply 50October 24, 2019 4:51 AM

What will become of Sam Ashby?

by Anonymousreply 51October 24, 2019 4:52 AM

R50 As crazy as both groups are I suspect there is major overlap.

by Anonymousreply 52October 24, 2019 4:52 AM

Jillian Bowe of Daytime Confidential is pissed at the Lane fans dissing Beth. Beth is apologizing in her Twitter TL. Jillian told her she had no need to apologize for anything.

Jillian is so hot she said she'd be spilling hot tea right now if this week's podcast wasn't cancelled due to Luke moving. I can not wait for next week's podcast. Spill it, honey!

by Anonymousreply 53October 24, 2019 7:36 AM

by Anonymousreply 54October 24, 2019 7:43 AM

So the fams have dragged Adam back to GC. All is forgiven. He is getting custody of lil super turd Conner. Where will they take Adam during Nov sweeps?

by Anonymousreply 55October 24, 2019 10:40 AM

^^^

Chelsea looks like a moron allowing Conner to go live with Adam. It was just a few weeks ago Adam tried to commit patricide.

by Anonymousreply 56October 24, 2019 12:15 PM

Grossman is good in the Adam/Connor scenes, but the kid is a terrible actor.

The kid playing Douglas on B&B is a terrific actor.

by Anonymousreply 57October 24, 2019 1:21 PM

R57

And Douglas is cute as opposed to Conner. The scenes where Thomas was berating Douglas & starting to swing on him were so difficult to watch. He's younger than Conner & he handles his scenes like a pro but natural.

by Anonymousreply 58October 24, 2019 2:40 PM

I actually like Connor. That's how it's spelled, right? OR, not ER? That's what it says in the CC, IIRC. He looks like he could be related to either Adam or Chelsea or both. And his performance doesn't bother me.

Also, what in the name of all that is good and soapy is this "B&B"?

by Anonymousreply 59October 24, 2019 2:46 PM

Are you a frau? Who gives a fuck if he "looks like" anyone. He is not really their kid, k.

by Anonymousreply 60October 24, 2019 2:48 PM

r60, I'm not the one who watches "B&B," k (as in kunt). And one of the reasons I like Mark is because his Adam looks as if he could be related to TGVN, something that could not be said about either of the last two Adams.

Verisimilitude may not matter to you, "'k," but I find it a lovely quality in drama and literature.

Now prance along. Isn't it Forresters time for you, k?

by Anonymousreply 61October 24, 2019 3:03 PM

nuAdam looks so much like his mom Hope. He thankfully looks nothing like Victor

by Anonymousreply 62October 24, 2019 4:02 PM

R50 I don't think there was much overlap with the Muhney stans. DG and MM had that stupid twitter "bromance" going on when Muhney first joined the show, but from what I remember, DG stepped away from it and never looked back.

The overlap that I've noticed has been with the "Hevon" stans, mainly because Devon is related to their precious Lily. They figured if Devon and Lily's nemesis, Hilary, were featured, then that would mean more airtime for Lily (and Cane). And as soon as they brought in this Elena character, many jumped on "Elevon" for the same reason, and the couple started showing up in polls, based on basically nothing.

by Anonymousreply 63October 24, 2019 4:20 PM

[quote] Who gives a fuck if he "looks like" anyone. He is not really their kid.

Well, it would be rather hilarious, if Connor had red hair and freckles.

On that note, still wondering who Peggy Brooks real father is. .. The milkman from Scotland?

We all know that perpetually-bored Jen was a slut like Dina.

by Anonymousreply 64October 24, 2019 6:05 PM

R59 I agree. The bratty Connor from the scene where he locked dimwit Christian out in the garage reminded me of the current Adam.

by Anonymousreply 65October 24, 2019 6:43 PM

So the buzzzz is that "FenMo" and "Tessa" have started to date, IRL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 24, 2019 7:54 PM

NuFen is gayer than the gayest homosexualist ever

by Anonymousreply 67October 24, 2019 8:04 PM

I heard there's an Amber Alert out on Sam Ashby.

by Anonymousreply 68October 24, 2019 8:28 PM

Sam Ashby hired an attorney and filed for legal emancipation.

by Anonymousreply 69October 24, 2019 9:41 PM

Friday's cliffhanger . . . Cane's inheritance begins to unravel when Jill discovers that Colin was probably involved in the will scam.

by Anonymousreply 70October 24, 2019 10:40 PM

[quote]NuFen is gayer than the gayest homosexualist ever

NuFen? Are you talking about Zack Tinker, who played Fen for 3 months last winter?

Or have they recast Fenmore again?

by Anonymousreply 71October 24, 2019 10:42 PM

Why do you do that, r70? You fucking spoiler cunt.

by Anonymousreply 72October 24, 2019 10:45 PM

R66

YR has 3 couples dating in real life-

Fen & Tessa, Adam & Sharon and Devon & Elena

by Anonymousreply 73October 24, 2019 11:07 PM

Is it wrong that I'm enjoying all of the Cane leaving drama on Twitter. The Lane fans are now coming for Devon on Twitter. This is better than everything on the show, except Adam and Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 74October 25, 2019 4:11 AM

R74 Seriously, since he had been absent for weeks, I thought Cane had already left town for good and I just didn't recall how his boring ass was written off!

by Anonymousreply 75October 25, 2019 4:18 AM

What does Devon have to do with Cane leaving?

Those Lane fans are losers.

by Anonymousreply 76October 25, 2019 4:45 AM

R75 I don't think the writers cared enough to tell us where Care was for the 9+ weeks that he wasn't seen on the canvas (mid-July to late-September).

If DG didn't get a clue from that, then he's pretty dumb.

by Anonymousreply 77October 25, 2019 6:41 AM

[quote]The Lane fans are now coming for Devon on Twitter.

Because Devon is getting to keep Katherine's estate? Not much logic behind that. But then, the Lane loons aren't exactly logical. Better they go after Devon that Tracy.

by Anonymousreply 78October 25, 2019 8:32 AM

R61 Soaps are not real, stupid cunt. It does not matter if they "look like" anyone. You really are a psychotic fucking asshole, cunt. No doubt you "look like" a fucking asshole cunt.

by Anonymousreply 79October 25, 2019 10:07 AM

R79 types Spicen.

by Anonymousreply 80October 25, 2019 11:26 AM

[quote]Those Lane fans are losers.

If we're being really honest all of these fanbases are crazed. And every show has one. I think the Days crazies are the "Stayla" fans. I'm not sure who the crazies are at GH and BB.

But this one is just really funny to me. When the Lanes are not blaming other characters and actors for Cane's demise, they are plotting ways to get even with the show. That's the fun part of Twitter when you see the soap crazy in real time.

by Anonymousreply 81October 25, 2019 1:20 PM

Stuart and Dina were briefly on the show for a short time together, April-May 1983 but never shared any scenes. Stuart had been back burnered by that point and only had a few scenes where Jill tried to reconcile him and Liz, and Liz saw Stuart dining with Gina. They never officially reconciled, but apparently, sometime after March of 1985, Liz and Stuart were supposedly in London (together or separate, never confirmed), and according to the Soap Central bio, Stuart passed away afterwards. Liz made brief appearances in 1986, 1993 and later on 2003-2004 (recurring), 2008 and 2010. Both Robert Colbert (Stuart) and Juliana McCarthy (Liz) are still living, and Juliana posts on Facebook. Dina and Liz did share scenes, mostly Dina/Katharine/Jill confrontations.

by Anonymousreply 82October 25, 2019 2:02 PM

[quote] Soaps are not real, stupid cunt. It does not matter if they "look like" anyone.

Actually, that is one thing that a good casting director takes into account when casting family members, especially children.

by Anonymousreply 83October 25, 2019 4:35 PM

FF R79

by Anonymousreply 84October 25, 2019 4:38 PM

R78 If the Lane fans are coming for Devon, then it may have more to do with Devon being "anti-Cane' now, which equates to "anti-Lane." He's reminding Lily that Cane was scammer since he first came to town and referring to him as "somebody with no morals.' You can't talk about their hero and escape their wrath.

by Anonymousreply 85October 25, 2019 6:29 PM

Halloween promo actually looks kinda fun.

Dear God in Heaven ... Adam even looks sexy "dead."

I wish I were still around to pinch his ass and grab his nuts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 26, 2019 12:03 AM

Nice they're recognizing Peter's 30 years at CBS Watch magazine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 26, 2019 12:05 AM

Aunt Jack

by Anonymousreply 88October 26, 2019 12:09 AM

I'm still dead bitches!

by Anonymousreply 89October 26, 2019 12:55 AM

Can we take a moment to appreciate how good Will looks out of the dreaded plaid? I hope Will updates his wardrobe during the time jump. No gay man in his prime should dress like a butch lesbian (but can't even pull off the butch part).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 26, 2019 1:03 AM

And when my claw comes out of the grave like Carrie's, it's going for you balls!

by Anonymousreply 91October 26, 2019 1:04 AM

R90 Oops, wrong thread. That was meant for the Days thread! Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 92October 26, 2019 1:05 AM

Sharon looked amazing today. That young Mark Grossman cum is doing wonders for her skin. She is glowing.

by Anonymousreply 93October 26, 2019 1:35 AM

Yall. jonny s bro has returned to SON. he is tearing up the regulars, no joke. 1) he had a burner account (stay tuned, he has a dozen more fuck u Vee) that he used to say that he got plastic surgery to look like reva shayne and that she should cross over to yr 2) he hired a psychopath. named donnna to piss off the regulars at. son. she is eoing a fuckjng slpendid. ass job. she copys. and pasetes wiki pages. it us npikesing off the. regs so much. fuck u soapsuds akas ronnnn

by Anonymousreply 94October 27, 2019 2:42 AM

^Would someone please call Security?

by Anonymousreply 95October 27, 2019 2:45 AM

Jonny’s returns to SON have been nothing short of a riveting soap plot. That he is having plastic surgery to look like Reva Shayne and that he brought in that loon Donna is something worthy of Bill Bell. Bravo

by Anonymousreply 96October 27, 2019 4:53 PM

when is the new cast photo coming out?

by Anonymousreply 97October 27, 2019 5:15 PM

You mean the opening credits, r97? I'd like to know, too. I'm sick of the NYE opening. Sick of it.

by Anonymousreply 98October 27, 2019 5:16 PM

I don't understand what R96 is talking about. Is this about one of those UK Soaps? Could someone post a link or provide some clarification.

by Anonymousreply 99October 27, 2019 5:20 PM

R99 they are referring to SON, or the SoapOpera Network message board and a lunatic poster well known all over the soap boards. Jonny is a sycophant troll who worships Jean Passanante and makes creepy avatars to weird out other posters

by Anonymousreply 100October 27, 2019 5:47 PM

R100, no the creepy avatar person is Jerry, another poster who mimicked Jonny but added the avatars. It is hilarious

by Anonymousreply 101October 27, 2019 5:55 PM

yeah the SON posters are going crazy now over Donna, an escaped mental patient

by Anonymousreply 102October 27, 2019 5:57 PM

No one could possibly worship Jean Passanante, r100. That simply could not happen.

by Anonymousreply 103October 27, 2019 5:59 PM

jonnys avatars were so creepy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 27, 2019 6:08 PM

R98 I'm beginning to think that "new opening credits" simply means adding missing cast members to the same old tiresome ones that we have, e.g. like they added Beth Maitland last week.

by Anonymousreply 105October 27, 2019 6:09 PM

the new opening shots appear off like they werent filmed with as high of quality as the originals

by Anonymousreply 106October 27, 2019 6:10 PM

All soaps should be like this. At least one knock out drag em fight a week. Using men in drag for the wide shots like this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 27, 2019 6:12 PM

r104 jfc Im not gonna be able to sleep tonight

by Anonymousreply 108October 27, 2019 6:39 PM

I heardthat miss chanseller is returning is that true?

by Anonymousreply 109October 27, 2019 9:02 PM

R99 For some reason, we have a few posters that think we care about what other soap fans talk about or do on Twitter or on other soap boards.

No one here ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER gives a fuck, but they persist in sharing here, as if someone will eventually pay attention to their horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 110October 28, 2019 1:47 AM

With Gloria returning, maybe they can set up a triangle between Jack and his newly found half brother, Ted. Dina will slip out of her alzheimer's state long enough to object to any relationship between her late ex-husband's widow and either of her sons.

by Anonymousreply 111October 28, 2019 2:02 PM

If Gina gets pregnant, she better watch out for those swinging suitcases....they can be deadly.

by Anonymousreply 112October 28, 2019 2:07 PM

Abby needs to turn The Grand Phoenix into a piano bar and hire Gina to be the lounge singer. Danny can stop by for the occasional duet and to cruise the men's room.

by Anonymousreply 113October 28, 2019 2:15 PM

R111

Gloria is not returning

by Anonymousreply 114October 28, 2019 2:44 PM

There are several other sources that indicate she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 28, 2019 3:03 PM

Where is that sketchy source getting "Ted" from? As we heard, the Stuart-Dina baby was named "Eric Vanderway." .. Plus, Theo just told Summer that his father died when he was 15.

by Anonymousreply 116October 28, 2019 3:59 PM

[quote]And, he’s got scenes with Chelsea Newman (Melissa Claire Egan) and Adam Newman (Mark Grossman).

How is Chelsea a Newman? Which one was she married to? Is she still?

Also, re: Vanderway, this must mean we're never getting rid of Theo.

by Anonymousreply 117October 28, 2019 5:38 PM

R117 She was married to Adam, twice.

by Anonymousreply 118October 28, 2019 5:57 PM

So Theo and Jabottom are related? More incest!

by Anonymousreply 119October 28, 2019 6:10 PM

Kinda dumb to make the guy Dina's kid... he has no claim on the business or the money. Well, Dina's money, but she's not dead. And if she is, she doesn't remember.

by Anonymousreply 120October 28, 2019 6:13 PM

R117 When the former Mrs. Adam Newman first returned, the credits listed her as "Chelsea Boudreau," because she was married to that Calvin guy, who then died.

But they've now gone back to listing her as "Chelsea Lawson."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 28, 2019 6:25 PM

[quote] So Theo and Jabottom are related? More incest!

But they did it in New York, where cousins are legal!

And technically, they'd probably be legal in Wisconsin, since they can't procreate.

by Anonymousreply 122October 28, 2019 6:28 PM

R120 Perhaps Dina's will splits everything between her "living grandchildren" or contains such wording for certain assets. Some older folks do a "skip generation."

by Anonymousreply 123October 28, 2019 6:35 PM

Dina probably left her gazillion euros to be divided equally between any pool boys who wanted to make a claim. It would have been a long and imprecise list, even if she could find it.

by Anonymousreply 124October 28, 2019 6:52 PM

Dina, indiscriminately banging her way through the years, is probably as close to true gay male character as this show is ever gonna get.

by Anonymousreply 125October 28, 2019 6:53 PM

It would be hilarious, if during the reading of the will, seven more bastards show up.

by Anonymousreply 126October 28, 2019 6:58 PM

R126 As long as Jill and Gloria don't turn out to be Dina's daughters.

by Anonymousreply 127October 28, 2019 7:03 PM

[quote]Perhaps Dina's will splits everything between her "living grandchildren" and Devon.

by Anonymousreply 128October 28, 2019 7:10 PM

Cousin fucking? On CBS Daytime, not an issue!

by Anonymousreply 129October 28, 2019 7:11 PM

Prototype for DIna's Memorial Statue.

The Village Bike.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 28, 2019 7:17 PM

Thanks, r118. I had never encountered Chelsea before this year, and my last Adam was Muhney.

by Anonymousreply 131October 28, 2019 7:39 PM

Are we in for a Lola/Theo pairing?

by Anonymousreply 132October 28, 2019 7:44 PM

I'm in a for a Lola/failed liver transplant pairing.

by Anonymousreply 133October 28, 2019 7:46 PM

LMAO R121. Poor Cane. You JUST KNOW Daniel Goddard will be pimping himself out to fat female fans for an 'evening of romance' or something cornball. If he goes on the Chrissy LeBlanc Parade of Losers tours then I'll miss my guess.

by Anonymousreply 134October 28, 2019 7:51 PM

R134 Has the guy who does "The Bay" contacted DG yet?

by Anonymousreply 135October 28, 2019 8:06 PM

Wait till they get into Dina's female lovers.

I hear this could involve Liz Henderson and Kay Shepherd from high school, and eventually Dr. Casey Reed in the 80s!

Dina's high school text of poems by Sappho will soon be found offering up several delicious clues.

by Anonymousreply 136October 28, 2019 8:30 PM

When Dina actually reappeared she wasn't terribly interesting, terribly bitchy, terribly anything. She just sort of existed, blandly. Turning her into an essentially posthumous slut has been very interesting. It's too bad the character wasn't a bigger bitch and more badly behaved originally.

by Anonymousreply 137October 28, 2019 9:18 PM

At some point Dina was working with Katherine to try and break up John and Jill and they would act all high and mighty about John being married to that ‘young tramp’. The irony is both Katherine and Dina made Jill look like a Vestal Virgin. Have there ever been any bigger sluts on the show than Dina and Katherine?

by Anonymousreply 138October 28, 2019 9:25 PM

R197

Dina has always been written as being a slut This isn't a rewrite.

Remember back in the day when soaps would release paperback books? If someone wrote a truly trashy novel about the life, loves & affairs of Dina Mergeron I'd buy it.

She was a trailblazer for her time. A woman who walked away from home & hearth to ride all the peen she wanted & who also made a career in the business world.

by Anonymousreply 139October 28, 2019 9:29 PM

She was not a slut in the Sharon Newman sense, though. She was bored and restless and had her affair with Brent Davis and then went off to Europe but she wasn't founder and sole proprietor of Dina's Drive Thru until they started fleshing out her story, so to speak. I guess La Dickson was meant to be the whore so they had to class Dina up.

by Anonymousreply 140October 28, 2019 9:32 PM

[quote] Prototype for DIna's Memorial Statue. The Village Bike.

you misspelled "Sharon"

by Anonymousreply 141October 28, 2019 9:40 PM

Speaking of books. Remember Lorie wrote a book called Naked at Dawn.?

My mother loved her CBS soaps but she was the perfect prim & proper Southern Belle. She was scandalized when Chris/Snapper took a shower together & when Kaye was boffing her stable hands. Scandalized yet also titillated.

Anyway I remember her telling her sister she was going to the bookstore to buy Lorie's book.(yes you read that right). She told her sister how will I ever ask for the book by name. I could never say it out loud.

They decided she would write the book's name on a piece of paper & the author's name was Lorie Brooks. Of course the store had never heard or the book or the author. My sweet sheltered mom.

by Anonymousreply 142October 28, 2019 11:44 PM

R142 As it was before my time, did they not release a tie in book in the real world? I'm use to them releasing a real book when a character writes one on a show. I'm surprised Traci's mystery novel hasn't been released. I fully expect the Abbott family history to be released. GH just released Lucy Coe's travel guide to Port Charles, which was pretty fun, but ABC shows have always been better at that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 143October 28, 2019 11:54 PM

R143 I don't remember them ever doing that type of thing on Y&R with the novels and books by Lorie, Traci, Leanna, Cole, Tomas, Nina, Amber, etc. I do, however, remember ATWT doing it with Henry Coleman's book, "The Man from Oakdale." One can still buy it on Amazon.

Somewhat similar -- When Y&R was doing the "Restless Style" magazine, they originally set up a companion website of the fictional magazine that viewers could actually go to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144October 29, 2019 12:17 AM

So Cane gets some money and then is written out, how much money is it and where is it coming from?

by Anonymousreply 145October 29, 2019 1:27 AM

R145 Cane ain’t getting a penny. Jill revealed last week that Colin his father is behind the hoax, so Devon will probably keep it.

by Anonymousreply 146October 29, 2019 2:13 AM

R146 WTF are you talking about? It has been revealed in several articles that he is getting inheritance money and then being written out.

by Anonymousreply 147October 29, 2019 2:16 AM

Yeah, tie-ins were really a late 90s/early 2000s thing. Certainly they weren't done for any of the earlier stories.

by Anonymousreply 148October 29, 2019 3:34 AM

Hidden Passions was #1 on the NYT Bestsellers List for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 149October 29, 2019 3:36 AM

R148 Which is weird since most of the shows had novel series based on them running at the time. It would have been easy to slap a name on one of them and made a fortune. I have a Search For Tomorrow one I found in a thrift store from the 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 150October 29, 2019 4:37 AM

Kyle and Theo are confirmed kissin' cousins.

by Anonymousreply 151October 29, 2019 4:43 AM

This episode of "Password" (apparently the final one) features both Marla Adams and Marj Dusay. When Carolyn Jones became too ill to continue on a regular basis as Myrna Clegg on "Capitol", Marla was brought in on a stand by basis and did at least 30 episodes. She wasn't as campy as Carolyn Jones was, but brought a different take to the character of the show's bitchy matriarch. She must have already been in negotiations for the role of Dina on "Y&R", and apparently, they didn't want a light haired actress playing opposite the blonde Constance Towers (Clarissa). Marj Dusay came in to take over the part in April of 1983, and Marla debuted on "Y&R" just a short time later. In 1996, Constance Towers and Marla were reunited when Constance played Audrey North, the old secretary of John's nobody had ever heard of who told Dina years before that she was having an affair with John, causing Dina to decide to run away. Changes in writers keep the story being messed around with. "Y&R" has been the worst soap when it comes to consistency.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 29, 2019 1:00 PM

R147 wtf are YOU talking about? If that’s been revealed in any articles it’s probably a red herring. Why would they go the Colin route if they didn’t intend to make good on it? Katherine gave Cane the CEO position when she died. Makes absolutely no sense to give him billions of dollars on top of that. Plus he’s not a blood relative.

by Anonymousreply 153October 29, 2019 1:02 PM

R153 Just STFU, asshole. Enough articles have been written about it.

by Anonymousreply 154October 29, 2019 1:30 PM

[quote]Jill revealed last week that Colin his father is behind the hoax

Which episode?

by Anonymousreply 155October 29, 2019 1:38 PM

Friday's episode, r155. Although Jill didn't say conclusively that Colin was behind it, just that she suspected it.

by Anonymousreply 156October 29, 2019 2:06 PM

Not definitive proof, r156. Not yet. But it looks like that's where they're heading. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 157October 29, 2019 2:31 PM

Thanks R152 - that must have been a CBS soap episode of that game show. The third woman is Anne Sward from As The World Turns, who played with? against? her TV son Scott Bryce.

I see Marj is with Todd Curtis, then on Capitol who would go on to Y&R as Skip (and who had a bad car accident). Not sure who Marla is playing against.

by Anonymousreply 158October 29, 2019 3:16 PM

It's Frank Benard who played Marc Merjeron, Dina's step son, who was briefly involved with Ashley. He came back later and had an affair with Joanna Manning, Lauren's mother.

by Anonymousreply 159October 29, 2019 3:20 PM

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 160October 29, 2019 3:20 PM

Whatever happened to Hot Daddy Graham, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 161October 29, 2019 3:35 PM

Where the hell is Gloria??? That broad knew how to stir shit up!

by Anonymousreply 162October 29, 2019 5:24 PM

R162 It looks like she'll be back in time for Thanksgiving. There's no confirmation, but lots of talk about it on various soap news sites as well as Judith's Facebook page. I've got my fingers crossed! She really wasn't needed over at "Days" for a one dimensional psycho part, but bad writing at "Y&R" had her fade into the woodwork.

by Anonymousreply 163October 29, 2019 5:36 PM

[quote] Whatever happened to Hot Daddy Graham, anyway?

After Hot Daddy Graham absconded with Dina and took her down to Florida, Aunt Jack got Michael LaBaldwin to find a legal loophole in the power of attorney that Graham had gotten Dina to sign. When Jack and Ashley went to Florida to bring their mother home, Jack confronted HDG with this legal info, and when doing so, he also mentioned that the local District Attorney had been Michael's "college roommate" - so if Graham didn't let them take Dina back to Genoa City, they'd already determined that there was enough evidence to charge him with elder abuse and fraud. With that, HDG just kind of gave up and snarkily said something like, "Good luck with Dina, you're gonna need it." .. He then exited to the hotel swimming pool to rejoin his latest Speedo-clad, South Beach go-go boi. Unfortunately, we never saw Michael's "college roommate" fuckbuddy either.

by Anonymousreply 164October 29, 2019 7:37 PM

R161 and R164 He stole chemicals from Jabot's lab, put them in a syringe and tried to murder Dina in her sleep, she woke up, struggled with him and he wound up getting stabbed with the syringe which led to him being put on and taken off of life support by Dina who was still lucid enough by then to make that decision.

by Anonymousreply 165October 29, 2019 7:53 PM

Did that dingbat friend of Dina's who met with Jack and Traci say they had school the day after the prom? Dina must have been exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 166October 29, 2019 8:00 PM

The Y&R writers have made Dina a slut.

by Anonymousreply 167October 29, 2019 8:19 PM

The fact that this classmate shows up out of nowhere and remembers details from 62 years ago (or whenever) is very suspicious to me. If you look at the list of people they allegedly went to high school with then check out their real birthdates, there is a 15-20 year difference. We're supposed to believe that Dina, John, Stuart Brooks, Katharine Henderson, Neil Fenmore and Joanna Manning graduated the same year according to what somebody wrote on Wikipedia. Robert Colbert is still living, however, as is Julianna McCarthy who looks good for 90!

by Anonymousreply 168October 29, 2019 8:23 PM

They had Kyle say today he was an only child. Is Peter Bergman writing the dialogue now???

by Anonymousreply 169October 29, 2019 8:27 PM

R154 You STFU! I’ll post here until your head explodes. I’d you don’t like it, block me you fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 170October 29, 2019 8:37 PM

R169 Well, he IS an only child on his mother's side and he might as well be on his father's. Keemo hasn't been seen or mentioned since well before Kyle's birth.

by Anonymousreply 171October 29, 2019 9:50 PM

While I'd agree that JaBottom may not even be aware of his half-brother, Aunt Jack has mentioned Keemo more than once since Spermbaby Kyle's 2001 birth. .. I remember one time when Alden was still HW and Jilll was having all kinds of issues with her own son, Billy, she was talking to Aunt Jack, and she got into his own non-relationship with Keemo. Jackie got all bitchy with her and insisted that regardless of how far apart he and Keemo lived, that Keemo was still his "flesh and blood," - adding how dare she try to minimize their relationship! .. And a few years later, when I think Jack Smith was writing, Jack mentioned something about contacting Keemo at Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 172October 29, 2019 10:41 PM

Both of those were a pretty long time ago, though, and I think La Bergman has made it clear Keemo is NOT to be mentioned ever again.

by Anonymousreply 173October 29, 2019 11:24 PM

Keemo has been removed from the history. It was a stupid story anyway. There was no way that Jack 'Playboy' Abbott went to Vietnam. He the only son. He was rich. It was a silly retcon that they thought was going to give Peter Bergman an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 174October 29, 2019 11:41 PM

What a lame Halloween epi. Every fuck and their dog has a dream?

by Anonymousreply 175October 30, 2019 11:39 PM

Did Jabottom dress in drag?

by Anonymousreply 176October 31, 2019 12:01 AM

The whole Theo and Kyle writing/acting is crazy. They do not act like former best friends who had a falling out, they act like long-term lovers that broke up but neither can let it go.

by Anonymousreply 177October 31, 2019 12:08 AM

R176 Theo predictably throws a huge party and trashes the mansion and calls Kyle and Lola nerds. He has Aunty Jack committed.

by Anonymousreply 178October 31, 2019 12:36 AM

Actually Jack briefly mentioned Keemo several months ago. I think he said that Keemo was somewhere in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 179October 31, 2019 1:10 AM

Let's hope Dina didn't fuck Keemo over in France not knowing he was her grandson!

by Anonymousreply 180October 31, 2019 1:19 AM

I've never had cancer! What the hell's wrong with you, Mamie?

by Anonymousreply 181October 31, 2019 1:47 AM

This Theo is Dina's grandson story feels so rushed.

Usually when they do long lost child stories, there is a search for the child until its suddenly revealed the child is right under their nose all along. Then, there's a secret DNA test before the child is informed.

But here on Y&R, we learn on Monday's episode that Dina was pregnant after high school. We learn on Tuesday that the child she gave up was likely Theo's father. And on Wednesday, Jack informs Theo of this possibility.

So rushed. No time to build up suspense. No time for us to get invested in the story. Hardly enough time for us to get to know Theo.

Josh Griffith has worked in this business for over 30 years. He should know how to milk a story and let it unfold in ways that keep the viewer hooked.

by Anonymousreply 182October 31, 2019 2:33 AM

The rumor is the writers room is in chaos and there are story rewrites and changes daily. Don't know if it's true, but it would explain almost everything.

by Anonymousreply 183October 31, 2019 2:38 AM

R182 Katherine's revised will storyline has been similarly rushed. (While Devon received a letter about the discrepancies in late August), we had Amanda Sinclair showing up with the supposed document in the last episode of September, and four weeks later Devon is handing over billions to Cane. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 184October 31, 2019 2:59 AM

The idea that Devon would accept this is the real will based on the report of a single expert is ludicrous.

He should have hired a half dozen more experts to each examine the authenticity of the will. And even then, it should be settled in a court case.

Likewise, the fact that Brock, MacKenzie, Phillip III, Nina and Chance are not consulted about this is also ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 185October 31, 2019 3:25 AM

R185 It also doesn't work with both Tucker and Colin off screen. We should have seen both of them, along with Brock, MacKenzie, Phillip III, Nina, Chance, and Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 186October 31, 2019 3:33 AM

It's ludicrous but this plot pushes Cane off screen. It's all good.

by Anonymousreply 187October 31, 2019 6:39 AM

Amanda Sinclair: that's who needs to lose her license.

by Anonymousreply 188October 31, 2019 6:46 AM

Does anyone think Theo's known all along that he was an Abbott? It would explain why he's shown so much animosity toward Kyle & why he's been trying to cause trouble for him.

by Anonymousreply 189October 31, 2019 7:17 AM

But if Theo has known, why would he be quiet about it?

by Anonymousreply 190October 31, 2019 7:27 AM

Theo is not an Abbot. He's a Brooks and a whatever Dina's maiden name is

by Anonymousreply 191October 31, 2019 7:51 AM

Yes, but when Kyle and Theo marry, he'll take Kyle's last name.

by Anonymousreply 192October 31, 2019 10:37 AM

R191

Oops! I meant Brooks/Mergeron. I hadn't had any coffee yet.

by Anonymousreply 193October 31, 2019 10:45 AM

Marla's Belle Clemens on "The Secret Storm" was the epitome of the daytime villainess in the late 1960's/early 70's with her rival (Jada Rowland) once also her step-daughter. I've been watching Jada on re-runs of "The Doctors", and she's truly a very likable leading lady. Among Marla's leading men were Bernard Barrow (aka Johnny Ryan) and Nicolas Coster (aka Lionel Lockridge). Belle is up there in soap history with Iris, Dorian, Reva and Jill as a daytime vixen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194October 31, 2019 1:19 PM

I wish there were some "Secret Storm" episodes out there with Marla to view. Her character sounds a lot of fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195October 31, 2019 1:20 PM

LOL loved bitchy Belle. She had a fling with the race car driver. The actor Dan Hamilton married co-star Stephanie Braxton and is the father of Josh Hamilton.

by Anonymousreply 196October 31, 2019 2:01 PM

R196 Lots of great Marla pictures from "Secret Storm" on Google photo search including one with Dan Hamilton on the second row. Many of these I've never seen before, and I do a lot of soap photo research, so obviously new ones are being uploaded constantly!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 31, 2019 2:09 PM

MARLA!

by Anonymousreply 198October 31, 2019 3:25 PM

Mergeron is not Dina's maiden name. It's one of her husbands' names. I don't believe her family name has ever been revealed.

by Anonymousreply 199October 31, 2019 4:55 PM

Marla was there when Joan Crawford subbed as Christina Kane on SS. They shared scenes. Would love to know her take on it. The hilarious soap scene in Mommie Dearest, "Bill....Mother and I must make plans' was not (obviously) taken from the script. Marla please spill!

by Anonymousreply 200October 31, 2019 5:17 PM

Unfortunately, Judy Lewis, the illegitimate daughter of Loretta Young and Clark Gable was not there (on a leave of some kind) when Joan made her guest appearance. Somebody else was playing Susan Ames then. But Marla was there. Judy didn't leave for good until 1972. I met Judy years later and we spoke about her time on the soaps. She was a very nice, approachable lady, shy but graceful. More stories for Marla to spill, especially since she's also in "Splendor in the Grass"!

by Anonymousreply 201October 31, 2019 5:36 PM

R194

My God! If you hadn't said that was Marla I'd have sworn it was a young Linda Evans.

by Anonymousreply 202October 31, 2019 5:44 PM

Secret Storm was such a potboiler! Too bad American Home Products was thwarted at trying to resurrect it in syndication.

by Anonymousreply 203October 31, 2019 8:26 PM

James Storm (Neil Fenmore, Lauren's dad) was also on "The Secret Storm" while Marla was on (1971). I don't remember if they crossed paths on "Y&R". but Marla was on during the same period (mid 1980's) that he was.

by Anonymousreply 204October 31, 2019 8:41 PM

Well, Dina fucked everybody... even under the assumed name of Belle Storm.

Eric Garrison had a big cock and a hell of a smoke detector.

by Anonymousreply 205October 31, 2019 10:05 PM

Undercover security guard, Paul, spied Neil and Dina fucking on a full-length sable in Fenmores' fur salon, but didn't tell anyone except me.

by Anonymousreply 206October 31, 2019 10:09 PM

In a failed effort to get Andy to jerk off together. Just bros being bros, yunderstand.

by Anonymousreply 207October 31, 2019 10:10 PM

^^^ When they were looking for that kind of action, Paul and Andy would usually spit-roast Danny on the pool table down in our family's basement rec-room.

by Anonymousreply 208October 31, 2019 10:45 PM

Meanwhile, Phillip the Younger was at the bath house, coating an entire sauna room with his copious load.

by Anonymousreply 209October 31, 2019 10:52 PM

Phillip Chancellor II bought Genoa City's original David Barton franchise, didn't he?

by Anonymousreply 210October 31, 2019 11:46 PM

[quote] Meanwhile, Phillip the Younger was at the bath house, coating an entire sauna room with his copious load.

I do declare-h, I was not there-ah!

by Anonymousreply 211October 31, 2019 11:53 PM

A Halloween episode full of nightmares. Interesting choice. But it worked.

by Anonymousreply 212November 1, 2019 12:22 AM

I liked today's epi. Both Victor and Chelsea's tits put in a vise. I love the sexy latino who threatened Chelsea. I remember him from GH. He is very sexy but his black teeth are awful. He may as well be British.

by Anonymousreply 213November 1, 2019 12:32 AM

That's what Y&R needs: their own version of the Baldwin sisters.

Only the Recipe would be for E.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214November 1, 2019 12:41 AM

Hopefully he is the new villain for Adam. Better than his nonagenerian father. I cannot find anything online about his nationality. He must be latino but he could just be a generic white guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215November 1, 2019 1:03 AM

Nightmares .. ho hum.

I think a Halloween episode full of wet dreams would have been a more interesting choice.

- A sleeping Kyle's dream shows him lusting after his former fuckbuddy, Theo, who gets JaBottom to strip, then teases and tickles him mercilessly.

- In Billy's dream, he has another session with his chewing gum persona ... only it's not gum that he's chewing this time.

- Before dozing off, Nick turns his widescreen TV on, and every channel is showing gay porn. .. Okay, why isn't Nick turning it off?

- In restless Rey's fantasy, his jealousy of Adam boils over leading him to imprison Adam in a dungeon and hoist him up in a sling.

And to cap it all off ....

- Dreaming that he's up on stage at Society, Dr. Nate Hastings does a rousing interpretation of Dr. Frank N. Furter's "Sweet Transvestite." .. The entire cast is there, dressed up like characters from "Rocky Horror," and join in as the chorus.

by Anonymousreply 216November 1, 2019 1:11 AM

OMFG just the thought of Billy viciously chewing his gum makes me cum in my pants.

by Anonymousreply 217November 1, 2019 1:30 AM

R215 He's Midwestern American (born in Indiana) ... With a surname like Parise in the US of A, I would guess someone on his father's side of the family came from Italy.

by Anonymousreply 218November 1, 2019 1:36 AM

R218

He speaks fluent Spanish

by Anonymousreply 219November 1, 2019 1:40 AM

Best thing about today's Halloween special was Jordi's luscious chest and him in that pinstripe suit & fedora.

by Anonymousreply 220November 1, 2019 1:41 AM

R219 People who reside in Los Angeles, sometimes become bilingual, especially if they opt to live in the artistic enclave of Echo Park.

by Anonymousreply 221November 1, 2019 2:42 AM

So I guess we can conclude that Simon Black was Calvin Boudreau's kept man on the side, and Simon now wants the money that his longtime, wealthy, closeted client always promised him? i.e. the :obligation" Calvin owed to Simon for his "services."

That would be the only thing that would make this yarn involving boring Chelsea and the missing cash somewhat interesting -- especially if Simon were to get involved with money-launderer, Kevin, for his collusion.

by Anonymousreply 222November 1, 2019 6:58 PM

Chelsea...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223November 1, 2019 7:45 PM

I wouldn't mind if Simon killed the useless Chelsea.

by Anonymousreply 224November 1, 2019 7:47 PM

I used to hate Chelsea but at least she can actually act. She gets credit for that. She is not a placeholder actor like Victor and Nikki and Nick and Billy and........

by Anonymousreply 225November 1, 2019 9:25 PM

MCE is one of those vanilla actresses from ABC. After awhile they all just blend together. Next.

by Anonymousreply 226November 1, 2019 10:08 PM

I had forgotten how much I liked Jeffrey Vincent Parise on GH. Hope he sticks around Genoa City for a while.

by Anonymousreply 227November 2, 2019 12:25 AM

Did I hear someone say, "Theo Vanderway" ??

Holy Shit !! .. I think I may have hooked-up with my new COUSIN when I was in New York City on business a few years ago!

Theo's profile on RentMen was just what I was looking for : a rough-looking top, who was willing to bottom (if the price was right). It was.

Back then, he was going by the name "Theo Anyway" .. and ANYWAY it was! .. What a sex pig!

I gave him FIVE stars.

I suppose I should send "Cousin Theodore" a Christmas card this year.

by Anonymousreply 228November 2, 2019 8:47 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, the lezzies are back, big time, on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 229November 5, 2019 12:49 AM

What a silly scene. .. They closed all of Society for one table of seven guests? .. LOL! .. And I guess JaBottom filled in as the gay waiter for the night, since no other workers were in sight, and apparently Lola didn't mind running back and forth to the kitchen to do the cooking in her evening gown and high heels. .. What a boring "anniversary party." I'm surprised Rey didn't beg off and say Paul needed him to work on a case. .. And was Mariah's line to Tessa about the delicious cake supposed to be some kind of double entendre?

by Anonymousreply 230November 5, 2019 1:38 AM

The show really hasn't explained why Kyle hates Theo so much. The story doesn't make any sense. You where it's headed, but it's all plot and no character.

by Anonymousreply 231November 5, 2019 1:42 AM

It has been duly noted what a bad actor the kid playing Connor is, but he is incredibly bad on Tuesday's show.

by Anonymousreply 232November 5, 2019 1:43 AM

Iced 'em myself, right after my face!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233November 5, 2019 1:43 AM

R230, One year later and they're still sleeping together on a living room sleeper sofa?

by Anonymousreply 234November 5, 2019 1:46 AM

[quote]The story doesn't make any sense. You where it's headed, but it's all plot and no character.

Dickmatized Lola changes the name of her food truck to Theocracy, after a night of all wheel driving and surprise off roading, if you follow. Billy Joel was right: Catholic girls start much too late. Supercops Paul and Rey overlook on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235November 5, 2019 1:47 AM

R230, Where was Devon and his new squeeze?

by Anonymousreply 236November 5, 2019 1:48 AM

R236 Noticeably absent. They must've reached their quota for contact actors for the episode.

by Anonymousreply 237November 5, 2019 2:05 AM

R234 Hilarious since Mariah is supposed to be the lead executive at "Power Communications," yet she lives in a dump that looks worse than waitress Sally McGuire's studio apartment.

by Anonymousreply 238November 5, 2019 2:12 AM

"I feel so restless"

by Anonymousreply 239November 5, 2019 2:17 AM

Sharon Case is looking especially fine lately.

by Anonymousreply 240November 5, 2019 2:23 AM

Snapper is Theo's half-uncle by marriage.

This scenario is ripe for a gay porn set up.

by Anonymousreply 241November 5, 2019 2:24 AM

Twice a day semen injections from Mark Grossman will do that R240.

by Anonymousreply 242November 5, 2019 2:25 AM

R236 they’re a real life couple now and taking a vacation. I guess the Cane thing may be resolved when they return? Sooner the DG is off my screen the better.

by Anonymousreply 243November 5, 2019 2:26 PM

Sooner that ^^^

by Anonymousreply 244November 5, 2019 2:27 PM

A Evening with Cane - you know DG is gonna go there. Escort service. Hugs, kisses and something extra.

by Anonymousreply 245November 5, 2019 9:06 PM

Dear God in Heaven ... DG is now going on a "Faith" kick with his tweets. .. Maybe he can become a televangelist. .. That kind of goes along with being fake.

[quote] This one goes out to the ones I love Cause we r the forgotten. The up at sunrise hardworking souls that just want to give everything we have to make the world a better place! U r loved! U r truly respected. #faith

[quote] No matter how much it hurts, hold your head up and keep going! #Faith

[quote] Even the darkest of nights can’t defeat the sunrise! #faith

]quote] Gods plan will always be greater than your greatest disappointment... #faith

by Anonymousreply 246November 5, 2019 9:26 PM

God, I'd hate to be Mrs. DG right now.

Mrs. MM may have some helpful hints on coping without weapons.

by Anonymousreply 247November 5, 2019 9:28 PM

R246 Maybe he is hoping to be cast in one of those "faith-based" films.

by Anonymousreply 248November 5, 2019 9:31 PM

finally... NuChance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249November 5, 2019 9:39 PM

Hmm, interesting. He looks kinda like a younger Maxwell Caulfield.

by Anonymousreply 250November 5, 2019 9:44 PM

Is that a bad picture? He looks a little older than I expected for Chance.

by Anonymousreply 251November 5, 2019 9:50 PM

I was thinking Grant Show.

by Anonymousreply 252November 5, 2019 10:18 PM

More like Jeremy Renner. He’s nowhere as hot as Caufield or Show used to be.

by Anonymousreply 253November 5, 2019 10:45 PM

He looks older than 38.

by Anonymousreply 254November 5, 2019 10:46 PM

From a project three years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255November 5, 2019 10:48 PM

Who will the writers pair him with?

by Anonymousreply 256November 5, 2019 10:50 PM

Who will the writers pair him with?

by Anonymousreply 257November 5, 2019 10:50 PM

Didn’t Phyllis fuck him a few years ago? I’m sure he will get around to Sharon like every guy on the show does at some point.

by Anonymousreply 258November 5, 2019 10:51 PM

With whom will the writers pair him?

by Anonymousreply 259November 5, 2019 10:51 PM

I miss John Driscoll and his enormous biceps.

by Anonymousreply 260November 5, 2019 10:51 PM

R258 Phyllis was fucking Chance's half-brother, Ronan Malloy (Jeff Branson).

Chance was involved with Chloe and Heather.

by Anonymousreply 261November 5, 2019 10:52 PM

He’s for Abby

by Anonymousreply 262November 5, 2019 11:00 PM

Damn, didn't Sharon just get her bachelor's degree, how can she be almost finished with her Master's? I guess she'll have her doctorate before Easter.

by Anonymousreply 263November 5, 2019 11:00 PM

Demo reel. He was cuter when he was younger and thinner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264November 5, 2019 11:04 PM

R261 pair him with Chloe and write Kevin out once and for all. Ugh one can hope.

by Anonymousreply 265November 5, 2019 11:14 PM

R262 Pairing guys with Abby is like the kiss of death .. lol!

Nate barely survived, but notice, he's like a recurring underfive now.

by Anonymousreply 266November 5, 2019 11:51 PM

Pair him with Chloe and write Kevin OUT OF THE CLOSET once and for all .. lol!

But actually, I hate Chloe. She's such an annoying, whiny, useless character.

And how did she choose the name "Chloe Mitchell" ??

"Kate Valentine" is a much better soap opera name.

by Anonymousreply 267November 5, 2019 11:57 PM

I'm still dead bitches!

by Anonymousreply 268November 6, 2019 3:45 AM

Of course if Jeanne was still around, I'm sure she'd be grabbing Jabottom and nuChance.

by Anonymousreply 269November 6, 2019 3:45 AM

No offense but I think they've over-aged the Chance character with this recast. Chance should be 31. That guys looks like he's in his 40s.

by Anonymousreply 270November 6, 2019 3:49 AM

[quote]No offense but I think they've over-aged the Chance character with this recast. Chance should be 31. That guys looks like he's in his 40s.

They balancing things out, compensating for casting an Adam who looks 10 years too young by casting a Chance who looks 10 years too old.

by Anonymousreply 271November 6, 2019 9:47 AM

And a Billy who's about 10 years too old now, too.

by Anonymousreply 272November 6, 2019 2:20 PM

Would Jill have a 38 year old grandson?

by Anonymousreply 273November 6, 2019 2:49 PM

Kay yes, Jill, no. She's supposed to maybe be 70, which with some leeway for SORAS would make Gay Phillip 50 and Chance 30.

by Anonymousreply 274November 6, 2019 2:54 PM

Jill was 18 in 1973. She should be 64/65.

by Anonymousreply 275November 6, 2019 3:41 PM

I think Jill was supposed to be 16/17 when the show first started. I believe she'd graduated high school early, so that she could work full-time at the beauty salon to help support the family.

And during the not too distant storyline involving the Jill-Tucker birth certificate switcheroo, it was said that both of them had been born on September 29, 1957. I believe that's the same date they'd used in the Ma Foster adoption retcon.

by Anonymousreply 276November 6, 2019 7:26 PM

Thanks for that update R276, There was an episode on YouTube right after Jill became Katherine’s companion where Katherine says something like “you’re an 18 year old girl, you have your femininity and vitality”. I loved Bill Bell’s dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 277November 6, 2019 7:40 PM

^ He wrote some memorable bullshit. The two I can't forget:

Young. Beautiful. Free with your body.

and

You, Jill, tempting him with your youth and your sexuality.

I still say that to the dog from time to time. I think she enjoys the attention.

by Anonymousreply 278November 6, 2019 7:46 PM

Bill Bell wrote some very swinging 70s kind of shit.

Weird that he wrote both Y&R and DAYS for like two years.

by Anonymousreply 279November 6, 2019 8:00 PM

In the original Bible, there was supposed to be another Henderson son besides "Mark."

He would have been the younger brother, age 17, named "Russell," who would have been Cousin Jill's peer.

Jill would have fallen in love with one of Russell's friends.

Meanwhile. "Regina Henderson" was originally set to be the "Kay Chancellor-like" character, and the high-strung, sexually-frustrated Regina would have seduced this friend of Russell's

Like Kay, Regina would have become suicidal, and apparently the feud with Jill would have begun over Regina causing the death of this young man.

by Anonymousreply 280November 6, 2019 8:18 PM

R280 Fascinating! I didn't know there was an early bible of Y&R around.

by Anonymousreply 281November 6, 2019 8:38 PM

R281 I don't know if there is either, but the above story outline is recounted in the book, "Daytime TV 1977," by Jason Bonderoff, which addresses how the originally-planned "Regina" character was basically turned into the Kay Chancellor character, with Regina going on to become fairly minor. (btw - Kay's original name is said to have been "Allison.") .. The Hendersons were originally supposed to play a much larger role on the canvas -- really as the third core family along with The Brooks and The Fosters. And I know that fact has been stated elsewhere as well.

by Anonymousreply 282November 6, 2019 9:28 PM

[quote](btw - Kay's original name is said to have been "Allison.")

Bell must have thought the name sounded grand and bitchy, because eventually he created the short term arc grand and bitchy Allison Bancroft, mother to Kevin, who was married to Nikki, who did not get pregnant with Kevin's child.

by Anonymousreply 283November 6, 2019 9:38 PM

Even though the Brooks sisters were front burner, I think Jill was always meant to be the breakout “striving for more” lead character. She wasn’t really Erica Kane, because Jill was a good Girl who was tired of being poor and just getting by, then she went to that mausoleum and the rest is daytime history.

Early Y&R is so slow, but I would love to watch the Jill/Katherine story from the beginning. Kay used to always bring up how Jill would like around the pool in the indecent bikini tempting Phillip with her youth. That Bill Bell.

He always used the world “involvement”. Everybody was in an “involvement”.

by Anonymousreply 284November 6, 2019 9:41 PM

I'm not sure I agree, R284. Bell's writing, so long and drawn out and precise in some instances, was also quite accidental in others. If he wanted to get rid of a character they'd often just disappear (Suzanne Weston walked into a bedroom from which she never returned; Patti Williams went upstairs as a brunette one year and came down two years later as a blonde... with nary a mention in between....) Characters he had grand plans for would fizzle and he would abandon ship (the Lawrences), other characters would present opportunities and explode (like Jill.) When Jill met and married John the character was still quite soft, smarting from what Chancellor had done, but basically struggling and frightened. She was not the gold digger she became when they unleashed Brenda Dickson, who was let off the leash once Joan Collins started showing everybody what could be accomplished over at Dynasty. Same with Victor. He was meant to be short term. I think the original plan was to focus on Julia, his first wife.

by Anonymousreply 285November 6, 2019 9:47 PM

Bell could stretch stories out if he thought he could, but he did also know when to cut a really dead story short, I'll give him that.

by Anonymousreply 286November 6, 2019 10:02 PM

[quote] Patti Williams went upstairs as a brunette one year and came down two years later as a blonde... with nary a mention in between....)

Tammy Taylor may not have been a Swedish blonde like Lilibet Stern, but there certainly wasn't a two-year break between the two actresses.

Taylor played teen Patty in the early part of 1980, when Bell created the rest of the Williams family around Paul, but Lilibet took over the role before the end of that year.

by Anonymousreply 287November 6, 2019 10:40 PM

Bell also had no problem with recasts. If an actor wasn't working, they were gone. How many Sharons did we get before Case?

by Anonymousreply 288November 6, 2019 10:52 PM

[quote] Same with Victor. He was meant to be short term. I think the original plan was to focus on Julia, his first wife.

Right. Some articles say three-months, but I think Meg Bennett (Julia) has said he was supposed to be on six-months, which makes more sense.

And the original story really looked like we were going to see the much older -- mean and abusive -- Victor murdered. I imagine Julia would have been arrested and put on trial for his murder while growing love-interest Brock served as her defense attorney. There'd been other hints that something like this would happen -- most noticeably Victor had become insistent that Julia learn how to shoot a gun, due to The Ranch having been burgled. Julia didn't want to, but he made her. He'd also pissed some other minor characters off, who could have been other suspects. So it was either going to be a mystery with Julia wrongly convicted, or she actually could have done it leading into an early rendition of an "abuse-excuse" situation. (The maid had discovered Julia thrown down the stairs by the asshole, and she ended up in the hospital with Brock telling her to get out.)

by Anonymousreply 289November 6, 2019 11:01 PM

I wasn't watching then. How did they redeem Victor from throwing Julia down the stairs to the central romantic lead of the show?

by Anonymousreply 290November 6, 2019 11:11 PM

R289

If only they'd gone through with killing Victor. It would've spared us decades of that God awful character.

Meg Bennett was one of the most beautiful actresses in the history of the genre. How did she ever get shackled to Bob Guza?

by Anonymousreply 291November 6, 2019 11:14 PM

I don't know how Bell decided Hans was exciting, but he did, and he's been inflicted on us ever since.

by Anonymousreply 292November 7, 2019 12:02 AM

R290 They didn't really start redeeming The Old Goat until after the Michael Scott storyline where Victor had imprisoned Julia's lover in the basement dungeon. That storyline ran well into 1981.

At the end of that one, Julia got caught between Victor and Michael fight and was injured. Remorseful Victor asked God to save Julia, saying he'd not only let her leave with Michael, but also promising to build a church .. lol!

Soon after that, the storyline where Colonel Austin took Victor to The Bayou to see stripper Nikki started. In the meantime, Victor was also getting involved with Lorie Brooks, who was trying to get the Prentiss stock back from Victor to return it to a disillusioned Lance. Both of those stories were meant to cast Victor in a much different light. A lot of the material with Douglas was light and humorous, and with Nikki, he was like Professor Henry Higgins with Eliza Doolittle in "My Fair Lady." With Lorie, Victor put his heart out there. They were to marry, but she dumped him at the courthouse leaving him to go find Lance.

by Anonymousreply 293November 7, 2019 12:08 AM

[quote] Patti Williams went upstairs as a brunette one year and came down two years later as a blonde... with nary a mention in between....)

Better than All My Children where Bobby Martin went upstairs and never came down.

by Anonymousreply 294November 7, 2019 12:54 AM

R292 Kay Alden probably told Bill that Hans made her moist. We all know her stories with him usually revolved around his testicle sac.

by Anonymousreply 295November 7, 2019 1:02 AM

We really need some flashbacks to Kyle and Theo in New York and what Theo did that was soooooooo horrible. Because right now Kyle just looks like a whiny brat.

by Anonymousreply 296November 7, 2019 1:10 AM

[quote] Because right now Kyle just looks like a whiny brat.

Right now it comes off like it was supposed to be private, but later on, Kyle learned Theo had made a sex tape.

by Anonymousreply 297November 7, 2019 1:23 AM

After Theo's meeting with Jack on today's show, it's pretty clear that Theo is going to cook up a scheme to get his hands on some Abbott money.

Who did Kyle call the other day, telling them to come and rein Theo in? If it was Summer, why the mysterious tone?

by Anonymousreply 298November 7, 2019 1:27 PM

But Theo is not an Abbot, but I guess we are supposed to ignore that detail.

by Anonymousreply 299November 7, 2019 2:07 PM

[quote] Who did Kyle call the other day, telling them to come and rein Theo in? If it was Summer, why the mysterious tone?

Not too mysterious. .. Kyle addressed "Summer" right at the beginning of his message to her and then referred to her coming home "to get control of her boyfriend" (Theo).

His tone seemed tense, agitated, and extremely perturbed, with his butt cheeks obviously clenched while obsessing over Theo now.

by Anonymousreply 300November 7, 2019 7:28 PM

R300, I didn't hear him say "Summer", but I believe you.

by Anonymousreply 301November 7, 2019 9:04 PM

No. Jill was 18 when the show started and 19 when she went to work for Kay. Not that any of that means anything.

by Anonymousreply 302November 7, 2019 9:17 PM

LOL! JaBottom really stuck his foot in his pouty mouth when he bitched to Abby that Theo is "only related to them, because Dina stepped out on John."

Abby's comeback to him as to "why her own mother exists" was priceless.

Plus, does he forget that the only reason why HE exists is because Nikki switched the sperm that Dianejenkins had stolen, and it just happened to be Aunt Jack's? Both he and Abby are the purloined sperm babies.

by Anonymousreply 303November 7, 2019 10:21 PM

Cane mentions SAM !!

by Anonymousreply 304November 7, 2019 11:51 PM

People are digging through NuChance’s old tweets. Oh boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305November 8, 2019 8:52 PM

Guess they didn't learn from seeing Mark Grossman's tweets.

The only ppl watching these shows any more are old folks and Trumplestilskins.

by Anonymousreply 306November 8, 2019 9:05 PM

[quote]Lowkey transphobia, pro rapist, nationalist, anti BLM .... He will say something blatant soon enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307November 8, 2019 9:29 PM

R306, Missed those. What was controversial about Grossman's tweets?

by Anonymousreply 308November 8, 2019 9:45 PM

He's a Trumpster.

by Anonymousreply 309November 8, 2019 10:15 PM

What gives you that impression?

by Anonymousreply 310November 9, 2019 12:00 AM

On another of the soap threads, someone reported that this thread has been on lock down for over a week. So, only paid members have been posting here since then.

Should we start a new Y&R thread so more can participate?

by Anonymousreply 311November 9, 2019 1:46 AM

Those waiting for a little excitement should be pleased with Monday's show.

by Anonymousreply 312November 9, 2019 4:21 AM

M;kay ... so the assignment that secret agent Chance is working on just happens to be to hunt down evil Simon, the guy who's hassling Chelsea.

Is this Josh Griffith's idea of an umbrella story?

by Anonymousreply 313November 9, 2019 5:22 AM

Mark Grossman’s tweets DO NOT show him to be a Trumpster.

I don’t understand why you guys have to lie about someone.

by Anonymousreply 314November 9, 2019 6:19 AM

R312

I doubt it if Monday is about Adam, Chelsea & Connor. They are FF where I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 315November 9, 2019 7:04 AM

R313, he deleted about 8 months of Tweets.

by Anonymousreply 316November 9, 2019 9:53 AM

R315, Even if they're involved in a hostage situation?

by Anonymousreply 317November 9, 2019 10:12 AM

^^^^^

Only if they're taken hostage never to be seen or heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 318November 9, 2019 1:20 PM

CBS will pre-empt soaps for Impreachment Inquiry hearings, beginning Wed. Nov. 13.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319November 9, 2019 1:24 PM

NuChance looks old enough to be Jill's brother, not her Grandson. Out of all the out of work actors in LA, they pick this guy? If you clean up the guy who plays Theo, he would have been a better Chance.

by Anonymousreply 320November 9, 2019 1:24 PM

R319, A bad business decision by CBS, especially in a sweeps month. Didn't they learn anything after suffering ratings losses during the OJ trial?

by Anonymousreply 321November 9, 2019 1:39 PM

[quote]CBS will pre-empt soaps for Impreachment Inquiry hearings, beginning Wed. Nov. 13.

I'm perming as I type!

by Anonymousreply 322November 9, 2019 2:51 PM

The Connor kid has the best reaction - hiding his eyes so he doesn't have to watch the shit show. Perfect time to get rid of useless Abby with the hostage situation.

by Anonymousreply 323November 9, 2019 3:16 PM

R320 I'll give NuChance a chance, BUT I agree with your initial observation, and my first takeaway is that he looks kinda dead in them (old-looking) eyes.

by Anonymousreply 324November 9, 2019 4:26 PM

[quote] Only if they're taken hostage never to be seen or heard from again.

Keep Adam, but it's the perfect opportunity to kill off the ever-useless Chelsea, and put Connor in a coma until he can be SORASed next Summer to age 16 played by a hot 20-year old.

by Anonymousreply 325November 9, 2019 4:29 PM

The 1st year Y&R was on the air Watergate Hearings preempted the show so much they temporarily stopped production. Maybe it's coming full circle and this will be Y&R's LAST year on the air.

by Anonymousreply 326November 9, 2019 5:29 PM

R319, Rioting will break out in nursing homes across the USA beginning November 13th.

by Anonymousreply 327November 9, 2019 5:44 PM

It made sense during Watergate for networks to pre-empt programming for the hearings because they were the only channels. It doesn't make sense today, when there are multiple 24 hour cable news channels, streaming news channels such as CBS' own CBSN, not to mention various internet sources and social media.

by Anonymousreply 328November 9, 2019 7:13 PM

R328 It's even more ridiculous with the affiliates having digital subchannels now, or in major markets like LA and NYC where CBS has duopolies. You just know that KCBS and KCAL in Los Angeles will both be running the exact same video from the hearings.

by Anonymousreply 329November 9, 2019 7:37 PM

It's a good thing they gave little Simon a big gun, otherwise it looks as if Abby could take him.

Phyllis appears to be eye-fucking Chance (who so far seems pretty average, but then the material they've given him is horrible).

Finally, after seeing tomorrow's episode, I'm almost surprised that they opted to fired Goddard. His scene with Mishael Morgan reminded me that these two actually showed some potential (when Hilary was being supportive of him and starting to bond with Baby Sam). TPTB must really want to get rid of him, because in another world, I think another writer would have sensed this and at least tried to follow through with something involving Cane and Amanda.

P.S. Did the kid who plays Connor fall asleep during the "siege." One time I saw him sitting in the middle of things, and he no reaction to what was going on around him.

by Anonymousreply 330November 12, 2019 12:26 AM

Is Connor supposed to be autistic?

by Anonymousreply 331November 12, 2019 12:29 AM

Josh Morrow's acting on Tuesday's show is especially bad. He seems to be reading his lines off of cue cards.

All hail Chance, the hero of the day.

by Anonymousreply 332November 12, 2019 12:32 AM

Y&R might pick up some Days actors in the coming months.

Days films so far in advance, they have 8 months worth of episodes already filmed. So, they're going to halt production at the end of November and release the entire cast from their contracts.

If NBC renews the show, which it likely will, production will resume in March or April. Show will renegotiate the actor contracts at that point. But no telling which actors may have moved on to other things during that hiatus.

Wonder which Days actors might pop up on Y&R? Stephen Nichols will be available to play Tucker again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333November 12, 2019 3:35 PM

RSW would make a good Noah recast. Noah is a character that should get a reboot. RA was just a bland of nothing.

by Anonymousreply 334November 12, 2019 3:46 PM

Bring back Stacey as crazy Patty!

by Anonymousreply 335November 12, 2019 3:48 PM

Bring Deidre Hall over to play Nikki's sister Casey Reed!

MTS would have a shitfit!!

by Anonymousreply 336November 12, 2019 4:02 PM

R333 that has to be one of the riskiest moves in the history of tv. Though it is smart to burn up some of the episodes because as it is now, they have no way to fix something it it isn’t working, they are just stuck because they tape so far in advance.

by Anonymousreply 337November 12, 2019 5:32 PM

R334 Y&R should have already picked up the recently-released Lucas Adams to play Noah, who should be blond like his mother Sharon.

Maybe RSW could play NuScott. They need some to beef up the Baldwin/Fenmores.

by Anonymousreply 338November 12, 2019 6:40 PM

I kept asking people what Sony-Corday was going to do to with all the contract cast and union crew during this lengthy break. It seemed unbelievable that they would carry them through it. I wonder if they had the unions come in and hold seminars on how to apply for California unemployment.

by Anonymousreply 339November 12, 2019 6:48 PM

YR needs to just shutter its doors not Days.

Today's YR was just beyond horrible. Simon should've killed Adam, Chelsea, Abby, Conor, Cane & Chance.

The show sucks.

by Anonymousreply 340November 12, 2019 8:12 PM

R340 Not Adam. He's about the best thing this regime has going for them. The rest can go.

by Anonymousreply 341November 12, 2019 8:26 PM

Adam is shit.

by Anonymousreply 342November 12, 2019 9:33 PM

[quote] Adam is THE shit.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 343November 12, 2019 10:26 PM

mkay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344November 13, 2019 6:36 AM

Colin is returning. No surprise.

I hope he and Cane both die in a craptastic November sweeps stunt.

Free Jill !!

by Anonymousreply 345November 13, 2019 8:52 PM

Recast Jill. Let Walton play a new character for two scenes every three months so she can have her health insurance. But she doesn't want to do the show and a legacy character that might be put to use lingers in limbo because of it.

by Anonymousreply 346November 13, 2019 10:50 PM

If Chance and Phyllis get together, Jill will have another heart attack, so she might be on her way out.

by Anonymousreply 347November 13, 2019 11:12 PM

BREAKING NEWS

Nick pulls out.

by Anonymousreply 348November 13, 2019 11:19 PM

Michelle Stafford is not at all believable as a security expert. She's not believable as anything, really.

by Anonymousreply 349November 14, 2019 12:20 AM

How is Canada handling the preemptions? Are they going to end up way ahead of the US?

by Anonymousreply 350November 14, 2019 12:27 AM

They tend to run old episodes or alternative programs.

by Anonymousreply 351November 14, 2019 12:39 AM

Canada aired Thursday's USA show today.

by Anonymousreply 352November 14, 2019 1:27 AM

So, Donny Boaz has been on three episodes so far as Chance.

Impressions? What do people think?

As far as acting goes, he seems adequate. Will likely prove he is talented as he interacts with more characters. But as has been said upthread, he looks way to old. He looks like he's in his mid 40s. Looks at least 12-15 years too old for a character supposed to be in his early 30s.

by Anonymousreply 353November 14, 2019 2:13 AM

R353 I still think he looks too old, though cute. I love his hair, and how it seems to be two toned.

by Anonymousreply 354November 14, 2019 2:15 AM

He's still too old. I guess it works if they're pairing him with Phyllis, but he looks older than both Nina, Phillip, and the child that Rose stole from Nina.

by Anonymousreply 355November 14, 2019 2:19 AM

Tricia Cast can't come back as Nina. Guy is too old. But I find him sexy.. soapy star quality.

by Anonymousreply 356November 14, 2019 2:20 AM

Buttinsky Phyllis is determined to expose Adam's and Chance's Las Vegas connection.

by Anonymousreply 357November 14, 2019 3:57 AM

Donny Boaz is a decent actor. The “he’s too old” stuff is lame and tired and bullshit. I don’t like the guy’s Trump leanings, but his age? This show has messed with ages dozens of times, so who the fuck cares?

And no, the guy doesn’t look like he’s in his 40s.

by Anonymousreply 358November 14, 2019 5:40 AM

Who cares how old he is?

For someone who's 6'2, he sure doesn't have much of a bulge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359November 14, 2019 8:36 AM

YR/Sony/CBS needs to get Donny Boaz off of Twitter today. His tweet about yesterday's Impeachment Hearing is trash.. His MAGA freak fly is flying.

by Anonymousreply 360November 14, 2019 3:41 PM

Maybe Griffith will punish Boaz with more bad material. As I recall, he was calling for Drumpf's impeachment even before the inauguration.

by Anonymousreply 361November 14, 2019 8:04 PM

They wrapped up a hostage crisis in just one episode! Surely they could have milked it for two episodes. Perhaps three.

I figured Jeffrey Vincent Parise would be around at least for a few weeks. Can't believe they brought him in for some a small role. But then, they hired Gordon Thomson for an even smaller role

by Anonymousreply 362November 15, 2019 11:12 AM

If Bill Bell was alive they might - might - be freed on Christmas Eve.

by Anonymousreply 363November 15, 2019 11:35 AM

[quote]If Bill Bell was alive they might - might - be freed on Christmas Eve.

So true! There would be countless prayer vigils for the hostages. Countless scenes of hand wringing.

by Anonymousreply 364November 15, 2019 11:39 AM

R362, On how many episodes did Eric Roberts appear?

by Anonymousreply 365November 15, 2019 1:39 PM

R362 technically two episodes. And villains get brought back on YR all the time. So he probably will be back.

by Anonymousreply 366November 15, 2019 2:58 PM

R365 The "Vance Abrams" character played by Eric Roberts was recurring for something like nine months and appeared in about three dozen episodes during that time.

by Anonymousreply 367November 15, 2019 7:38 PM

FenMo will be cuming home for the holidays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368November 15, 2019 9:30 PM

FenMo will be cuming home for the holidays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369November 15, 2019 9:30 PM

But will FenMo come home for the holidays?

by Anonymousreply 370November 15, 2019 9:32 PM

Chrissy's mouth is wide open in anticipation!

by Anonymousreply 371November 15, 2019 9:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372November 15, 2019 9:56 PM

r372

fake news! that guy is mayor of gaytown

by Anonymousreply 373November 15, 2019 10:16 PM

That reminds me that when Vicky Rowell was telling her infamous bedtime stories, she snarkily labelled LaBergman "The Mayor of Genoa City."

by Anonymousreply 374November 15, 2019 10:26 PM

Who is this person between Tracy Bregman and Chistian Le Blanc in the photo at r369?

Is that supposed to be Zach Tinker? Doesn't look like him. At least not from what I remember during his brief stint at the beginning of the year.

by Anonymousreply 375November 15, 2019 11:23 PM

R375 The source is the official PR twitter account for the show, and they're identifying the guy as Zach Tinker.

by Anonymousreply 376November 15, 2019 11:50 PM

Devon now being "upset and angry" that he signed everything over to Cane is quite laughable.

Someone in the production booth needs to send NuChance a note. Most of the time he looks like he has a bad case of sour stomach.

Billy yakking to his psychiatrist? Borrrrrrrrring.

Too much Connor. Just send the kid to military boarding school.

Oh, and it appears that Victoria is now being played by Pippi Longstocking.

by Anonymousreply 377November 16, 2019 12:10 AM

Not especially liking NuChance. Yes, I know they tried to make him a hero via the hostage crisis. But the actor's just not doing it for me. Don't like his hair. Don't like his attitude.

by Anonymousreply 378November 16, 2019 1:49 AM

R372

Who are the people in that picture?

by Anonymousreply 379November 16, 2019 6:25 AM

R379 The duo is actors, Zach Tinker (Fenmore) and Cait Fairbanks (Tessa), who have become some kind of real life couple now. The photos started some time in September.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380November 16, 2019 7:35 AM

AUNT JACK !!

EW is advising everyone to get out the tissues. It's a waterworks moment, and they've got the video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381November 16, 2019 8:22 AM

Billy to Kyle on Monday's show . . .

"I owe you an apology. I've been riding you a little too hard."

by Anonymousreply 382November 16, 2019 8:26 AM

Jeffrey Vincent Parise is a sexy motherfucker. Man, I would let him do ANYTHING to me.

by Anonymousreply 383November 16, 2019 9:20 AM

R383, He survived the hostage incident, so we may see him again.

by Anonymousreply 384November 16, 2019 9:27 AM

R381 oh in other words PB's Emmy reel.

by Anonymousreply 385November 16, 2019 5:39 PM

Parise looks so tiny, though. I think Abby could have taken him.

by Anonymousreply 386November 16, 2019 7:13 PM

This one seems to have fallen victim to the paywall blues, so here's a new morsel for you tasty bitches.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387November 17, 2019 5:02 PM

Three days of impeachment hearings this week -- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Likely Y&R will be preempted those days, unless the hearings end extra early.

The more preemptions there are, the more likely we'll be seeing Genoa City residents celebrating Christmas in January!

by Anonymousreply 388November 18, 2019 10:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!