Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I"m SO SICK of Democrats! I Have Just About Had IT!

I'm tired of them "FINDING" things! I'm tired of them whining! I'm tired of their press conferences! I'm tired of seeing them appear on the Rachel Maddow Show!

I WANT ACTION, DAMN IT!!!

I want people arrested! I want financial fines levied! I want bank accounts frozen! HELL! I want too see SOMETHING that includes a verb!

I mean... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! How much more? I just cannot take anymore of this.

The Democrats are the laughing stock at all of the parties--especially the Republican ones. Since when can anyone just simply ignore a subpoena? Since when can anyone simply ignore the properly turning over of required documents--REQUIRED BY LAW? Since when are overt violations of our US Constitution ignored and accepted?

AND, there are NO consequences?

WHAT THE HELL ARE THE DEMOCRATS DOING ALL FRIGGIN' DAY? WHY AREN'T THE DEMOCRAT CANDIDATES SCREAMING UNTIL THEY'RE HOARSE ABOUT ALL OF THIS CORRUPTION BY TRUMP AND HIS CRONIES?

Are Republicans much more smarter and savvy than Democrats? Has corporate America finally gotten its wish and is totally running this show?

I swear I see and get more action in the men's locker room of my gym....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186September 29, 2019 3:03 AM

OP has stated her boundaries

by Anonymousreply 1September 19, 2019 5:37 PM

This seems appropriate. The first post in the thread below, then the link to the followup.

[quote]So let's talk about "Do Something" Twitter.

[quote]You: typical liberal, politically engaged a bit then HOLY SHIT TRUMP

[quote]I get it. Like many white libs I lost my mind that night and have been slowly picking up the pieces since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2019 5:41 PM

OP vastly overrates the "savvy" of the GOP.

It's very simple: senators and House members primarily care about one thing: getting re-elected. The GOP has only proven its cowardice.

by Anonymousreply 3September 19, 2019 5:44 PM

[quote]OP has stated her boundaries

And, my heels and earrings are off too! HOLD MY SHIT!

I mean... every hour there is new corruption committed by the Trump Administration and Democrats are like; "What do I do? What do I do?" Where's Miss Maxine? Has her position and all of her recent accolades gone to her head or something?

I mean...

UGH!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2019 5:46 PM

The WE, THE PEOPLE, need to be hitting the streets R3 and tearing something up! THIS IS JUST RIDICULOUS!

90% of the country wants gun control--and, that includes many die hard conservatives! Trump and the Republicans won't pass it. Democrats run around; "What do I do? What do I do?"

It's just sickening...

by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2019 5:50 PM

OP, I’m worried about your mental stability. Take a few deep breaths and try to regroup. Life does not have to be this difficult.

by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2019 5:54 PM

Has anyone seen this woman? She is missing. She goes by the name Maxine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2019 6:04 PM

Lmao

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2019 6:05 PM

[quote]The WE, THE PEOPLE, need to be hitting the streets [R3] and tearing something up! THIS IS JUST RIDICULOUS!

No one's stopping you. Go to it. Stop wasting time by whining on the Internet.

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2019 6:06 PM

For some reason this White House and our Justice Department never have to obey the law, why is that? I thought people had to obey the law or go to jail. I think I will go rob a bank, there are no more laws.

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2019 6:07 PM

AHnt Maxine is wig shopping.

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2019 6:07 PM

This is the Demoralization Troll, right?

by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2019 6:08 PM

[quote]For some reason this White House and our Justice Department never have to obey the law, why is that?

Cau·ca·sian

/kôˈkāZHən/

adjective

NORTH AMERICAN

white-skinned; of European origin.

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2019 6:10 PM

Why would anyone be surprised?

After the WORLDWIDE FINANCIAL CATASTROPHE caused by Wall Street and bankers showed anyone who chose to see that NO ONE WAS PROSECUTED, NO ONE WENT TO JAIL, NO ASSETS WERE CONFISCATED, NO PERP WALKS, NO NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES.

And that was under a brand, spanking new Democratic President.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

by Anonymousreply 14September 19, 2019 7:37 PM

Mary! Mary! Why you buggin'?

by Anonymousreply 15September 19, 2019 7:43 PM

Just look at this here!

[quote]New evidence shows the White House and the Justice Dept. advised the top US intel agency not to share a whistleblower's complaint about Trump

EVERY half hour there is something new! THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR DID NOT START YESTERDAY!!! It's been there since day one! And, then you have good ole Adam Schiff with a press conference!

ENOUGH OF THIS BULLSHIT!

ARREST that DNI Director!!! YES! He'll have his due process but charge with breaking the law and let him pay his bond to get out like everyone else! ARREST this man before the sun sets tonight!!! This is just simply insane! Where is the outrage???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 19, 2019 8:13 PM

I SCREAM WITH ANGRY POWER!!!

by Anonymousreply 17September 19, 2019 8:21 PM

GURL, I AM WITH YOU, BODY AND SOUL!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 18September 19, 2019 8:28 PM

'What the Hell Is Going On Here'?: Alarm Raised as Trump's Intelligence Director Refuses to Give Whistleblower Complaint to Congress

Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire informed the House Intelligence Committee chairman that he'd been directed by "a higher authority" to withhold the complaint

Experts are warning that protocols put in place to protect government whistleblowers have been put in serious jeopardy—potentially at the direction of President Donald Trump, according to a top Democrat—as the acting Director of National Intelligence is refusing, despite legal requirements, to share an official internal complaint with Congress.

After announcing last Friday that the independent Inspector General of the office of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) had alerted him to a whistleblower complaint, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) told Margaret Brennan on CBS's "Face the Nation" Sunday that acting DNI Joseph Maguire was refusing to turn over the complaint because it involved "privileged communications" between people outside the intelligence community.

Maguire also told the chairman that "he is being instructed not to" respond to the committee's subpoena regarding the complaint, Schiff told Brennan.

"This involved a higher authority," the chairman said. "It's a pretty narrow group of people that it could apply to that are both above the DNI in authority and also involve privileged communications. So, I think it's fair to assume this involves either the president or people around him or both."

by Anonymousreply 19September 19, 2019 8:31 PM

Barr Jokes About Contempt To Pelosi’s Face: ‘Did You Bring Your Handcuffs?’--The attorney general reportedly wisecracked

Attorney General Barr to House Speaker Pelosi: 'Did you bring your handcuffs?'

It's just disgusting....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 19, 2019 8:36 PM

Sorry, OP, but the majority of the country is Right of Center no matter what they say. Americans are fascist at heart as well as hypocritical. That’s never gonna change. The Left has gone from centrist to full blown communist. That is never gonna fly with the average American. Even Trump haters will vote to re-elect him to keep whatever mess the DNC nominates. I was right about every election from 2000 on. Democrats stand no chance at winning the WH and it’s their own fault this time.

by Anonymousreply 21September 19, 2019 8:36 PM

Don’t blow a panty shield op...

by Anonymousreply 22September 19, 2019 8:40 PM

I actually believe you are right, R21. If Democrats can't work THIS then they really are hopeless!

[quote]Don’t blow a panty shield op...

And, I can't believe that you are NOT outraged by this, R22.

Unbelievable.... just unbelievable...

by Anonymousreply 23September 19, 2019 8:44 PM

I'm with you OP. I'm fed up with this shit too and thought the Democrats looked absolutely pathetic the other day with Lewendowski. It sort of cemented how this is going to continue. Republicans are going to continue trouncing all over the Constitution and Democrats will continue shaking their fists and hitting the dislike/angry button while saying "grrrrr", but will get NOWHERE because nobody is admitting how powerless we are.

I feel like Charlie Brown and the football all the time these days.

by Anonymousreply 24September 19, 2019 8:52 PM

Here is the Conclusion I have sadly drawn: the Democrats are very likely just as embroiled in Financial Misdeeds and Sexual Pecadillios of their own, and Trump has all the goods on them. As another poster said upthread, ultimately, all our Congress people truly care about in the end is getting re-elected, and keeping their wealth, no matter how much they scream about Trump's misdeeds and getting justice. That is why you see no one really going for the jugular. A prime example of this would be Maxine Waters who is well know to have benefited greatly $$$ after years of serving her district. Believe me, I LOVE Ms. Waters, Wig and all but I am afraid she is not alone in this.

by Anonymousreply 25September 19, 2019 8:56 PM

Is this transparent shit really what they pay Russian trolls to do?

Damn, you fuckers suck! I would fire all of your asses.

by Anonymousreply 26September 19, 2019 8:57 PM

What happened with the notes that were taken during his Putin meeting? I've give up as we always hear about subpoenas but nothing is ever done with the refusals to testify among countless other failures by the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 27September 19, 2019 8:57 PM

I hope you all get an outbreak of Ebola and Anthrax on your troll farms and more nuclear surprises.

Tick tock, tick tock.

by Anonymousreply 28September 19, 2019 8:58 PM

Amen r25. Seeing the stuff that was unearthed about Treadeau just a few short days after it was reported in the media about Trump being intimidated by his looks leads me to think that you might have something there.

by Anonymousreply 29September 19, 2019 9:05 PM

WE DEMAND THAT THE PRESIDENT RELEASE HIS TAXES!

(how's that working out...because I'm sick of that shit too)

by Anonymousreply 30September 19, 2019 9:09 PM

[quote]WE DEMAND THAT THE PRESIDENT RELEASE HIS TAXES!

Ah.... But, that NYC gal is on top of that! She ain't playin'

GO ON, LETITIA JAMES!

[quote]Trump Rehashes His Anger At NY AG For Making Him ‘Look As Bad As Possible’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 19, 2019 9:17 PM

To be honest, I'm sick and tired of both of you - both bs political parties. The whole system of government has become a farce. As soon as a new Senator or Representative gets to DC, the dark faction immediately sets about acquiring some dirt on them so that they can be controlled - their ideals compromised. Those they can't control don't last long. The Presidency is just as much of a joke or haven't you noticed? Same with the SC - all bull shit. This nation isn't even a democracy, nor is it a republic. This country is a fascist nation - the ultra rich along with the military and alphabet agencies run this shit.

by Anonymousreply 32September 19, 2019 9:42 PM

The "We, The People" march is Sept 21 in D.C. and across the country. I fear it has not been promoted enough. A huge showing might motivate Congress to action. I plan to go. I hope many others do the same. At least, it's SOMETHING we can do!

by Anonymousreply 33September 19, 2019 9:45 PM

[quote] To be honest, I'm sick and tired of both of you - both bs political parties.

"Both of you"???

I am not a political party.

by Anonymousreply 34September 19, 2019 10:11 PM

[quote]Here is the Conclusion I have sadly drawn: the Democrats are very likely just as embroiled in Financial Misdeeds and Sexual Pecadillios of their own, and Trump has all the goods on them.

Oh, so you're a moron, then. Good to know.

by Anonymousreply 35September 19, 2019 10:15 PM

[quote]Pelosi says she would have held Lewandowski in contempt 'right then and there'

YAWN....

by Anonymousreply 36September 19, 2019 10:18 PM

[quote] and Sexual Pecadillios

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 37September 19, 2019 10:19 PM

Nah, it's better to have people angry and riled up over all of the shenanigans so they'll vote next year.

If we try to impeach, we get nowhere and it motivates Republicans to vote. It would be a repeat of the Kavanaugh hearing, which proved that we'll get nowhere, and we'll lose the voter enthusiasm edge over Republicans leading into 2020.

The voter enthusiasm edge is EVERYTHING in an election.

by Anonymousreply 38September 19, 2019 10:27 PM

Win a fucking election. Think of the four damn states that matter this time around. Don't put up a candidate that can't win over the stupid people in Wisconsin/Pennsylvania/Florida/Michigan. Stop caring about what Californians or New Yorkers or Washingtonians think. We liberals have to admit that the Electoral College actually exists, and that we should stop blowing it. Four damn states. That's all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 39September 19, 2019 10:32 PM

[quote]The voter enthusiasm edge is EVERYTHING in an election.

But, what good is that when there is no common objective and goal? You would think that EVERY Democrat would support even a snail to win against Trump and do whatever is possible to retake the Senate. But, it's becoming clearer everyday that this is not what will happen. The Bernie Bros are already pissed because Warren has pulled ahead. Then you have the niche groups eg young Black millennials who want their concerns MET now and no other answer/action will be acceptable!

Do you think that these people are going to come out to the polls if they don't get their way?

by Anonymousreply 40September 19, 2019 10:34 PM

[quote]If we try to impeach, we get nowhere and it motivates Republicans to vote.

STOP worrying what the Republicans will do! STOP WITH THE POLITICS! Talk to and reach the people. PERIOD!

by Anonymousreply 41September 19, 2019 10:39 PM

I’m with you, OP. How the hell is this idiot still in office? Why does a new scandal pop up every other fucking day yet there are no consequences for him? Why does nothing ‘stick’? Talk about a fucking Teflon president! And the Democrats after their big sweep of 2018 are like a bunch of stooges, looking worse and more pathetic every day.

by Anonymousreply 42September 19, 2019 10:39 PM

Actually, it's becoming clearer every day that it will, in fact, happen, as every major Democratic candidate is polling well against Trump, R40.

Yes, they will come out to the polls, since their distaste for Trump, well, trumps everything, no word play intended.

by Anonymousreply 43September 19, 2019 10:40 PM

[quote]Why does a new scandal pop up every other fucking day yet there are no consequences for him?

No consequences for him? No consequences for anyone!

by Anonymousreply 44September 19, 2019 10:43 PM

[quote]Don't put up a candidate that can't win over the stupid people in Wisconsin/Pennsylvania/Florida - /Michigan

Exactly. Stop wasting time and money with people like Kamala fucking Harris who doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of getting Mr. and Mrs. Middle America’s votes in these states.

by Anonymousreply 45September 19, 2019 10:44 PM

Only a coup will fix this problem and we don't want the military in charge...I give up.but everytime I see Trump, Pence or Barr on my TV, I want to reach in and beat the living shit out of them.

by Anonymousreply 46September 19, 2019 10:46 PM

Dems in power are getting exactly what they want. They have their moral high ground but get to save money in taxes. It’s a win for them, only a lose for poor Dems.

by Anonymousreply 47September 19, 2019 10:49 PM

I just watched a democrat talking out of both sides of his mouth...saying Trump was keeping us from the truth but it's no ones fault and nothing we can do about it. So I guess the whustleblower will be hanged, while all the time Trump should be hanged.

by Anonymousreply 48September 19, 2019 10:50 PM

And what, specifically, do you think they should be doing? And why is it the Democrats' fault rather than, say, Trump's? Or Congressional Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 49September 19, 2019 10:52 PM

WORTHLESS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 19, 2019 10:53 PM

Yeah, we get it, OP / R50. You've posted nearly a third of the posts in this thread, whining in every single one of them, without a single constructive comment.

by Anonymousreply 51September 19, 2019 10:56 PM

Quoting:

[quote]Feeling powerless in the face of the unrelenting cruelty and incompetence of this administration can feel unbearable.

[quote]But lashing out with completely unrealistic expectations about what can be done is DUMB AS FUCK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 19, 2019 10:58 PM

[quote]And what, specifically, do you think they should be doing?

Let's start with;

-Spending every single weekend talking to the people and organizing voter registration campaigns.

-Submitting articles to every major media outlet talking about the corruption of this Administration and the Democrat solution.

-Supporting grass root organizations

-Going into the lion's den (Republican enclaves) ready to challenge and battle

-EXPLOIT social media to the max pushing out the message.

by Anonymousreply 53September 19, 2019 10:59 PM

The first one they're already doing, R53.

The second one is pointless. They submit op-eds on occasion but it's up to "every major media outlet" to decide what to print. Congressional Democrats don't control that and the major media outlets aren't interested in such things.

The third one they're already doing.

The fourth one they're already doing.

The fifth one they're already doing.

Congratulations! The Democrats are doing just fine.

by Anonymousreply 54September 19, 2019 11:02 PM

Well... they're NOT doing enough of it, R54. Most of them haven't even read the Mueller report word for word and in its entirety. The country should be OUTRAGED!

by Anonymousreply 55September 19, 2019 11:05 PM

It's the "Green Lantern" theory of politics. All the Democrats have to do is "will" it to happen and it will happen. It's bullshit.

[quote]Most of them haven't even read the Mueller report word for word and in its entirety. The country should be OUTRAGED!

Uh-huh, and your evidence of this is, what, exactly? As for the OUTRAGE, it seems like the country already is, since 60% or so of the country has already determined that Trump should not be reelected, not to mention the percentage of people who "strongly disapprove" of Trump is at record levels.

All of the major Democratic candidates beat Trump in head-to-head match-ups. The polls are showing that people prefer the generic Democratic candidate by seven percentage points over the Republican candidates. Trump is getting increasingly unhinged and there are multiple Democratic lawsuits making their way through the federal courts. We've got something like 80% of the country strongly interested in the next election, an unheard-of number for this time in the election process.

If you're OUTRAGED, then do something about it: volunteer for your local Democratic candidate. Send money to Democratic candidates. Donate your time to your local Democratic office. Encourage your friends, family members, colleagues, and neighbors to get involved. Call your local Republican candidates and tell them to do dump Trump or they will never get your vote.

But if all you want to do is post comment after comment bashing Democrats, then I have to wonder about just how OUTRAGED you really are and if you are targeting your OUTRAGE appropriately.

by Anonymousreply 56September 19, 2019 11:14 PM

I’m with you OP. I keep seeing ads against Medicare for all, the Repigs are already advertising heavily. What are the Dems doing Tom Perez? Nothing....worthless. The Dems in the House control funding. Start pulling on those purse strings. No more tersely worded emails, time for immediate subpoenas, fine the fuckers who won’t show up. We’re going to loose because we’re a bunch of pussies.

by Anonymousreply 57September 19, 2019 11:19 PM

I'm with you OP. Why is Pelosi protecting Trump?? March this weekend!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 19, 2019 11:26 PM

You make a lot of ASSumptions in your last two paragraphs, R56. You REALLY do!

Democrats warrant bashing at this point because they DESERVE it! I hate whataboutism. I REALLY do but here you go; Do you believe that Republicans would have allowed President Obama to even have done a quarter of what Trump has done in only 3 years? Do you REALLY believe that? If you do, then I have a bridge to sell you, and... VERY CHEAP too!

The damage that has been done in this country is IRREPARABLE...at least in our lifetime, and I'm now throwing Democrats in this as being complicit because we are allowing it to happen.

by Anonymousreply 59September 19, 2019 11:28 PM

This elderly bitch is the reason why nothing is being done.

She refuses to do anything about Trump, because she's 80 fucking years old and doesn't give a fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 19, 2019 11:31 PM

^I disagree with that, R60. Miss Nancy is just afraid of losing the house and she definitely has no interest in protecting Trump unless her long game is using him to help stomp the Republicans to dust. But, this is NOT about politics anymore. This is about the soul of this nation. FIGHT, DAMN IT!

by Anonymousreply 61September 19, 2019 11:35 PM

When the Democrats were in charge of the House and Senate, the Republicans couldn't do jack shit, R59.

As for the rest of your post, I'll simply point you to R52. Bashing Democrats, as you are doing, is "DUMB AS FUCK." The outcome you claim you want is not assisted in any way by your idiotic antics on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 62September 19, 2019 11:36 PM

[quote]When the Democrats were in charge of the House and Senate, the Republicans couldn't do jack shit, [R59].

BULLSHIT! They cried, moaned, wailed, prostrated themselves on the STREETS, to the point that they FINALLY got on EVERYONE'S LAST nerve until they got their way. And what happened? Miss Nancy had to go and sit in the pews and Moscow Mitch (and that name no longer has any impact) ascended to the throne of the heavenly Senate.

by Anonymousreply 63September 19, 2019 11:42 PM

Nadler: “we’re doing an IMPEACHMENT INVESTIGATION” Pelosi: “no we’re not” Nadler: “Are so” Pelosi: “Are NOT! Shut up!”

They’re bumbling idiots.

by Anonymousreply 64September 19, 2019 11:42 PM

And that is precisely what Democrats are doing today, r63, and have been doing for the past three years, which is why they've had such success at the ballot box in the off-cycle elections and in the mid-term election.

And you still haven't explained how your constant WHINING and your EGREGIOUS use of ALL CAPS helps in any way, nor do you have any answer for the posts above explaining just how ridiculous your posts on this thread are. The outcome you claim you want is not assisted in any way by your idiotic antics on this thread, which then leads to the natural question: just what IS your objective here?

by Anonymousreply 65September 19, 2019 11:46 PM

Also: Why can’t we find a decent fucking presidential candidate? Biden, Bernie, Warren etc... this is the best we can do, really?

Where’s our Obama? Bill Clinton? What the fuck?

by Anonymousreply 66September 19, 2019 11:53 PM

[quote]And you still haven't explained how your constant WHINING and your EGREGIOUS use of ALL CAPS helps in any way

And, you haven't answered if Republicans would have allowed Obama to even do a quarter of what Trump has done.

What success? The Democrats have retaken the House. Hooray! Great job! Let's celebrate!!! It is well-deserved. But, that happened on Friday, honey. Today is Monday and it's a brand new work day and work week!

Trump has only had one major accomplishment and that is the passage of that disastrous tax bill. They can't pass anything else because of their own incompetence. Republicans can't govern. One would THINK that this would give Democrats an advantage. But....

by Anonymousreply 67September 19, 2019 11:54 PM

[bold]STERNLY WORDED LETTERS[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 19, 2019 11:54 PM

Yes, actually, I did, R67. I pointed out that they couldn't do jack shit while Democrats held the House and Senate, something that you have no answer for.

Democrats have had enormous success at the ballot box, where it counts, and they are doing everything you claim you want them to do, including Trump investigations, subpoenas, social networking, passing bills, and blocking Republican attempts to do further damage.

And the tax bill DID give Democrats an ADVANTAGE, which is WHY Republicans DID so POORLY in 2018, BECAUSE they had NOTHING to RUN on. (Just throwing in some RANDOM ALL CAPS because APPARENTLY, it makes my words so much MORE CONVINCING or something.)

And you still haven't explained how your constant WHINING and your EGREGIOUS use of ALL CAPS helps in any way, nor do you have any answer for the posts above explaining just how ridiculous your posts on this thread are. The outcome you claim you want is not assisted in any way by your idiotic antics on this thread, which then leads to the natural question: just what IS your objective here?

by Anonymousreply 69September 19, 2019 11:59 PM

Okay, R69... let's end this. You remain in your bubble and think that all is rosy and peachy-keen! Now, isn't that just ducky?

I HOPE that I am wrong. I would be thrilled beyond thrilled if I am. But, let me end this by writing something that my grandmother told me; "Never think that you are the only one feeling something in some way, the only one seeing something in one way, etc. Always know that there are thousands of others who feel, see, and think, just as you do."

by Anonymousreply 70September 20, 2019 12:08 AM

Okay, R70, let's end this. You remain an impotent whiner who thinks that Democrats are to blame for everything. Now, isn't that just ducky?

Just think of all the good you accomplished in this thread with your 22 WHINY posts that offered nothing CONSTRUCTIVE and did nothing but BASH Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 71September 20, 2019 12:12 AM

Well, let others step up to the plate to give their feelings and opinions. I don't see much support for your position either. But, I could be wrong. I hope that I am.

by Anonymousreply 72September 20, 2019 12:17 AM

Miss Nancy is a racist who is disrespectful and targets brown people!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 20, 2019 12:23 AM

Meanwhile Kamala fucking Harris DEMANDS Kavanaugh be IMPEACHED when a new “revelation” comes out about him. Jumped on that bandwagon even faster than the “Justice for Jussie!” one where she DEMANDED an anti-lynching law IMMEDIATELY.

Then the next day it comes out the woman actually has no memory of the alleged incident.

Oops. (again)

by Anonymousreply 74September 20, 2019 12:51 AM

Let me lay it out for you, OP: what you are doing in this thread is precisely what Republican operatives and partisans will be doing for the next year as a deliberate campaign strategy.

Republicans cannot run on their accomplishments in 2020 because they don't have any. They can't run on their policy positions because their positions, by and large, aren't popular. They can't run on Trump's coattails because Trump is not popular.

Accordingly, their tactics will be the tactics of destruction and division. Their only hope is to suppress the Democratic vote by insisting that both sides are the same; or that Congressional Democrats and Democratic Presidential candidates are worthless, helpless, or ineffective; or that ... well, you get the picture. Now read your own posts in this thread and tell me where your posts differ from what I have described. You cannot because they do not.

Does that mean you cannot criticize Democrats? Of course not. Personally, while I think that things are going better than you are claiming they are and that Congressional Democrats are hamstrung by forces beyond their control, I also think that they could be doing a lot better job coordinating their message and unifying around common themes and a well-planned strategy. Right now, that does not appear to be happening.

But there is a difference between CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and tactics and the DESTRUCTIVE criticism and tactics that you are employing on this thread. When you learn that difference, more people here will take you seriously. Until then, you remain an impotent whiner doing exactly what Republicans want you to do.

by Anonymousreply 75September 20, 2019 12:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 20, 2019 1:25 PM

The appearance of corruption damages our institutions and our faith in government. Not allowing politicians to line their own pockets with taxpayer money is Democracy 101.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 20, 2019 2:41 PM

Government by the people, for the people... Oh wait.

by Anonymousreply 78September 20, 2019 2:43 PM

The Congress is supposed to conduct oversight of the President, and act as a check and balance on the Executive Branch.

Nancy Pelosi is failing to do that. The Democratic House is failing at their duties under her leadership. She needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 79September 20, 2019 4:21 PM

Couldn't agree more.

by Anonymousreply 80September 20, 2019 4:23 PM

R79, one question for you: how many investigations are currently underway in the House of Representatives? How many subpoenas have been issues? How many lawsuits have been filed?

by Anonymousreply 81September 20, 2019 4:31 PM

[quote]How many subpoenas have been issues?

How many subpoenas have been issued and then ignored?

by Anonymousreply 82September 20, 2019 4:32 PM

See: how many lawsuits have been filed, r82.

Can we please get some smarter trolls? They're clearly not sending their best.

by Anonymousreply 83September 20, 2019 4:33 PM

[quote]how many investigations are currently underway in the House of Representatives

Yeah, they’re good at “investigating.”

Here’s a question for you: how long will the HR continue “INVESTIGATING” (i.e. spinning their wheels, getting stonewalled by Trump and the Trump administration and getting NOWHERE) as they continue to argue and bicker among themselves about whether this is even an “impeachment investigation” or not?

by Anonymousreply 84September 20, 2019 6:35 PM

See: how many lawsuits have been filed, R84.

Can we please get some smarter trolls? They're clearly not sending their best.

by Anonymousreply 85September 20, 2019 6:39 PM

Nancy issues a STERNLY WORDED STATEMENT:

[quote]Pelosi just now: “If the President has done what has been alleged, then he is stepping into a dangerous minefield with serious repercussions for his Administration and our democracy. The President and Acting DNI’s stonewalling must end immediately.”

by Anonymousreply 86September 20, 2019 6:45 PM

R86 But we’re not, I repeat NOT conducting an impeachment investigation!

by Anonymousreply 87September 20, 2019 6:48 PM

Does it matter, R87? Either way, it's being investigated. And Pelosi has always made it clear that any of these investigations can quickly morph into an impeachment investigation if the votes are there.

by Anonymousreply 88September 20, 2019 6:50 PM

We have the utmost faith in Nancy Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 89September 20, 2019 7:25 PM

[quote]how many lawsuits have been filed

blah blah blaaah. That shit will be tied up in the courts for years. Trump has a small army of lawyers who will see to that.

by Anonymousreply 90September 20, 2019 9:19 PM

Imagine if the shoe was in the other foot.

The GOP would have had a Democrat White House hogtied long ago with a smidgen of what the Democrats have on Trump and the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 91September 20, 2019 9:53 PM

That's pretty much the point, R90. None of you idiots who insist that you are "SO SICK of Democrats" have any concept of something called reality. What, specifically, do you want the Democrats to do that they are not already doing?

Investigations? Check. Subpoenas? Check. Hearings? Check. Lawsuits? Check. Keeping the heat on? Check. Use of social media? Check. Voter registration? Check. Winning at the ballot box? Check.

Like I said above: It's the "Green Lantern" theory of politics. All the Democrats have to do is "will" it to happen and it will happen. It's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 92September 20, 2019 11:25 PM

MONETARY FINES!!!!

by Anonymousreply 93September 20, 2019 11:55 PM

Which will immediately be challenged in court, R93.

by Anonymousreply 94September 21, 2019 12:29 AM

I agree with OP. I’ve had enough.

ARREST this president!

ARREST Mitch McConnell!

Throw them OUT of office IMMEDIATELY!

by Anonymousreply 95September 21, 2019 12:31 AM

Fine. Let them challenge the levied fines. In fact, slaughter these motherfuc... miscreants in legal fees to the point that even a GoFundMe won't be enough to help them.

by Anonymousreply 96September 21, 2019 12:43 AM

[quote]my grandmother told me; "Never think that you are the only one feeling something in some way, the only one seeing something in one way, etc. Always know that there are thousands of others who feel, see, and think, just as you do."

Someone Should Do Something

By TOM SCOCCA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 21, 2019 1:40 AM

[Quote] Which will immediately be challenged in court, [R93].

Change the laws as needed. A government by and for the people should have laws that serve the people not corporations. No they are not people. That was cynical and absurd.

by Anonymousreply 98September 21, 2019 6:11 AM

OP, you are what the Speaker has been waiting for and will continue to wait for.

When there are enough of you, and you're loud enough, and YOU stop whining and take some action, then you will get your wish and not before.

So get off of your fat ass, stop waiting for someone else to take care of things for you and DO SOMETHING. This is not Putin's Russia - it's YOUR job, not everyone else's, not politicians - We The People rule here.

When was the last time you were in a protest? Donated money to a campaign? Attended a rally? Collected signatures? Made phone calls? Actually DID something, anything at all?

Stop yelling at us. Stop fucking whining about what YOU want, you greedy little pig. Stop waiting for Nancy Pelosi to save you and get your ass to work.

Action not whining, that was your rant? Heal thyself, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 99September 21, 2019 6:19 AM

Keep waiting. Don't do the job you took an oath to do Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 100September 21, 2019 6:32 AM

She IS doing the job you fucking morons. Is this your white supremacist trolling talking point today? It's posted over and over and over, like a fucking broken record with you cunts.

Nancy has your number. She has the Dumpster Fire's too. She will open formalized Impeachment hearings when she's ready and the timing is most useful to us. Until then the inquiry into impeachment continues. Support for impeachment grows. Hatred and loathing for trump and the Retardians grows.

She knows what she's doing, you don't know anything.

by Anonymousreply 101September 21, 2019 9:15 AM

I am tired of woke leftists marching but not voting

by Anonymousreply 102September 21, 2019 9:39 AM

[quote]When was the last time you were in a protest? Donated money to a campaign? Attended a rally? Collected signatures? Made phone calls? Actually DID something, anything at all?

Yesterday

Yesterday

Yesterday

Last Week

About two days ago... maybe three

I am doing as much as I can and as much as I know how.

by Anonymousreply 103September 21, 2019 10:01 AM

The vast majority of people screaming "do something" haven't done jack shit themselves.

That's pretty much the problem in a nutshell: you have to volunteer, get people registered, contact your Representatives, send out reminders, call, canvass, even hold media accountable and stop following cable shows and Twitter pundits who just want attention. You have to educate others. You have move past the "omg I can't believe Trump is like this" phase and into the "this is what I will do to try to stop him" phase.

Everybody is at the "whine on Twitter and @ Pelosi" phase and they can't understand why nothing gets done.

by Anonymousreply 104September 21, 2019 10:02 AM

Thank you r2, they express a lot of what I've been feeling as well.

by Anonymousreply 105September 21, 2019 10:06 AM

Warren: 'Congress is complicit' by failing to start impeachment proceedings against Trump

Cedar Rapids, Iowa (CNN)Sen. Elizabeth Warren tweeted on Friday evening that "Congress is complicit" in failing to start impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump after the news broke that Trump had pressed Ukraine's President to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden's son, according to a person familiar with the situation.

Warren, who is running for President, first called for impeachment proceedings in April after she read special counsel Robert Mueller's report on the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Since then, she has repeatedly called for the House to begin impeachment proceedings but took it a step further Friday by calling Congress "complicit" in "failing to act."

"After the Mueller report, Congress had a duty to begin impeachment," she wrote in a tweet Friday evening. "By failing to act, Congress is complicit in Trump's latest attempt to solicit foreign interference to aid him in US elections. Do your constitutional duty and impeach the president."

She also wrote in a thread that the President "continues to commit crimes" because "he knows his Justice Department won't act and believes Congress won't either."

She told reporters after a climate change town hall Friday evening that Trump "continues to show that he has no regard for the law." She did not address Biden in her tweets or with reporters.

"The way to hold the President accountable is for Congress to begin an impeachment proceeding. Congress hasn't done that," she told reporters in Cedar Rapids. "And what the President has now demonstrated is that he thinks it's pretty clear he doesn't have to follow the law, and in fact can continue to commit high crimes and misdemeanors. He can go back to the well on exactly what he did before. And that is invite and profit from foreign interference in our election. It's time for Congress to step up and begin serious impeachment proceedings against this man."

Trump pressed Ukraine's President to investigate Biden's son during a call earlier this summer, a person familiar with the situation told CNN on Friday.

That call, which took place on July 25, a day after Mueller testified before Congress about Russian interference in US elections, was part of a whistleblower complaint submitted to the intelligence community inspector general, the source added.

The Wall Street Journal was first to report that Trump had pressured Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky during the July phone call to investigate Biden's son, citing multiple people familiar with the matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 21, 2019 10:40 AM

Spot on Warren. This lady is fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 107September 21, 2019 10:54 AM

Impeach Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 108September 21, 2019 10:54 AM

Fuck off, R108, the Speaker's doing just fine, you drive-by cretin.

Everyone is doing exactly as they should be doing except dumbass whiners online who do nothing but complain and, of course, the entire Executive Branch of the government of the United States of America.

Also, don't fucking cheap out this election, max out. You know what I'm saying. Do it. I don't care how you do it but do it. Start now.

by Anonymousreply 109September 21, 2019 10:59 AM

So... why hasn't Warren worked with Representatives toward drafting articles of impeachment?

by Anonymousreply 110September 21, 2019 11:43 AM

Trump is emboldened by Democrats inaction on impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111September 21, 2019 12:21 PM

CNN analyst has a question for Dems: ‘How low will Trump have to go for you to impeach him?’

Earlier on Friday, in an interview with NPR, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said she was still not in favor of impeaching Trump.

CNN analyst and New York Times contributing op-ed writer Wajahat Ali wondered what — if anything — could result in Speaker Pelosi backing “I’ll make a bold prediction on your show and only your show. With 100% confidence, the Republican establishment will do nothing except support Trump and be complicit. They will not care he called a leader of a foreign country and asked them — or extorted or bribed them — to dig up dirt and attack a political rival,” Ali predicted.

“You’ll get the Republicans to do nothing. They’re going to do nothing. They will be entirely complicit and die on this Orange, corrupt hill,” he said.

“The question is for the Democrats, ‘How low will Trump have to go for you to impeach him?’ That’s a question that should be asked of all Democrats who are on the fence. ‘What will be impeachable for you?’ What will get you to vote formally to impeach this man?'” he asked. “Who, by the way, agrees with Vladimir Putin, throws his own intelligence under the bus and says Russia is fake news story — even though it isn’t — and now is asking the Ukrainian president to interfere in the upcoming 2020 elections.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 21, 2019 12:26 PM

Let me say this... I am still a fan and supporter of Miss Nancy. But, it's getting harder and harder. While R75 raises many interesting points, (which, in regards to myself are wrong), I don't think he/she realizes what the depth of the damage that the Democrats inaction is doing. Okay... he/she claims that they ARE doing things. Well... there is definitely a problem because that message and those actions are FAR from being clear to the every day American. I can see that the Democrats might have a severe backlash because of their inaction. But, that's just my opinion.

I'll only speak for myself, Trump and the Republicans are challenging everything that I was raised on about this this country. It's challenging my belief in "right vs wrong", patriotism, etc I'm so upset by this that I had even started another thread (see link) of an event that really happened to me. I mean... Is this it? Are we witnessing the country going down the drain only to be replaced by "whoever is in power" controls it all?

"So, Last Night A Republican Asked Me To Explain Why I Hate Him..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 21, 2019 3:11 PM

OH! R113, is me....

by Anonymousreply 114September 21, 2019 3:14 PM

There is no "Democratic inaction."

There are hearings and committees and investigations. You just think they're boring and want public arrests and Twitter wars instead, plus you want a reason to make this the Democrat's fault.

by Anonymousreply 115September 21, 2019 3:17 PM

[quote]There are hearings

I've heard and SEEN enough!

[quote]You want public arrests

Democrats NEED to give me SOMETHING!

[quote]you want a reason to make this the Democrat's fault.

I won't need a reason. The Democrat leadership is willfully providing that.

by Anonymousreply 116September 21, 2019 3:27 PM

R113 There's a core of traditional Democrats raised on trusting their party's leadership, believe what they are told, and support their party leaders loyally no matter what. Bless their hearts.

by Anonymousreply 117September 21, 2019 6:23 PM

[quote]he/she claims that they ARE doing things.

‘They’ can’t even agree in public about what the hell it is they’re “doing.” Is it an impeachment inquiry? Nadler says yes it is then Pelosi goes on TV to say no it’s NOT. Then these idiots hold a hearing with Lewandowski and he steamrolls all over them, stonewalls them and makes them look like fools. Now Trump has been exposed trying to extort the leader of another country to dig up dirt on his political rival’s son and fucking Pelosi STILL won’t commit to impeaching the sucker.

So what WILL it take for these bumbling fools to get their act together and do what needs to be done?

by Anonymousreply 118September 21, 2019 8:22 PM

[quote]Then these idiots hold a hearing with Lewandowski and he steamrolls all over them, stonewalls them and makes them look like fools.

That episode alone should have made all of those Democrats self-reflect. Let's play television here for a moment; The largest audience would have been the first half hour of the "show". How many watched everything until that last half hour when that prosecution lawyer saved the day? But, the perception damage had already been done. FOX had their clips for the week!

You see, (in my opinion), many of these Democrats are still playing for the cameras. They want to showboat, etc. They're playing politics! What they don't seem to get is that we are FAR past that! This isn't about politics anymore! This is about the country and the Democrats doing their job! Again, the whole nation should be OUTRAGED that the majority of these legislators have not even read the Mueller report! WHAT?

Many of these Democrats rest too comfortably because they believe that they have the rules and law on their side. But, cheaters, (Trump and the Republicans), don't give a shit about the rules and the law! Mark my words that if something happens to Justice Ginsberg, (PLEASE! GOD, FORBID), watch Mitch McConnell get his judge on the Supreme Court. Meanwhile, Democrats will sit and moan about how unfair it will be because of how Republicans handled the Merrick Garland nomination. Do you think that the Republicans would even care? HA! It will just be mission accomplished as far as they are concerned.

by Anonymousreply 119September 21, 2019 8:46 PM

[quote]I've heard and SEEN enough! Democrats NEED to give me SOMETHING! I won't need a reason. The Democrat leadership is willfully providing that.

Thank you for proving beyond all reasonable doubt that you're a troll, and a particularly lame one at that.

by Anonymousreply 120September 21, 2019 9:42 PM

Fine R120, if you think that I am a troll and it helps you sleep better at night but I assure you, (or, anyone else who questions my sincerity), that I am not.

by Anonymousreply 121September 21, 2019 9:45 PM

If it looks like a troll, posts like a troll, responds like a troll, behaves in every way like a troll...

... it's a troll.

Actually, I'm paying you a compliment by calling you a troll because I'm assuming that you're intelligent enough to be doing what you're doing consciously and deliberately. If, on the other hand, you are not a troll, then you're a complete and utter fool and you are DUMB AS FUCK (see R52).

Those are your only two options. Pick one.

by Anonymousreply 122September 21, 2019 11:01 PM

Trump was allowed to get away with the Russian election meddling. That emboldened him to try Ukraine on Biden.

You can be sure he will keep doing it while the Democrats wring their hands and rationalize.

by Anonymousreply 123September 22, 2019 4:07 AM

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez @AOC

At this point, the bigger national scandal isn’t the president’s lawbreaking behavior - it is the Democratic Party’s refusal to impeach him for it.

It is one thing for a sitting president to break the law. It’s another to let him.

The integrity of our democracy isn’t threatened when a president breaks the law. It‘s threatened when we do nothing about it.

The GOP’s silence & refusal to act shouldn’t be a surprise. Ours is.

by Anonymousreply 124September 22, 2019 7:54 PM

Nancy Pelosi Just Sent a Dire Warning About the Whistleblower Complaint to Trump--“The administration is endangering our national security,” Pelosi wrote on Sunday.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Sunday issued a warning to Republicans: If the Trump administration blocks the disclosure of a whistleblower complaint involving the president’s interactions with his counterpart in Ukraine, then “they will be entering a grave new chapter of lawlessness.”

The letter comes four days before Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire is set to testify before the House Intelligence Committee. Trump has refused to release the whistleblower complaint or the transcript of his call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, ignoring demands from Democratic House and Senate leadership. Pelosi first urged the administration to release the complaint on Friday and followed up with a pointed letter to her Republican colleagues on Sunday.

Pelosi, who has not called for Trump’s impeachment, warned that preventing the whistleblower complaint’s disclosure would amount to a violation of federal statute. “The Administration is endangering our national security and having a chilling effect on any future whistleblower who sees wrongdoing,” she noted.

“If the Administration persists in blocking this whistleblower from disclosing to Congress a serious possible breach of constitutional duties by the President, they will be entering a grave new chapter of lawlessness which will take us into a whole new stage of investigation,” Pelosi concluded.

On Sunday, Trump admitted to reporters that he had discussed former vice president Joe Biden with Ukraine’s president but insisted there was no “quid pro quo” between the two leaders.

Meanwhile, consensus is growing that Trump’s request of the Ukrainian president constitutes an impeachable offense. Schiff told CNN’s Jake Tapper that if Trump withheld foreign aid to Ukraine hoping for an inquiry into a political opponent, then impeachment proceedings “may be the only remedy.”

by Anonymousreply 125September 22, 2019 7:59 PM

Nancy is just as corrupt as Trump, McConnell, Graham, Barr, and all the rest.

There’s no other logical explanation for why she is protecting them.

by Anonymousreply 126September 22, 2019 8:33 PM

Warren’s statement at R106 is 100% correct.

She cares about the Constitution and the integrity of our democracy and system of government. She’s not playing politics like Nancy is.

Warren has my vote.

by Anonymousreply 127September 22, 2019 8:36 PM

So, lets say the Democrats in the House impeach the President. Then what? What's the point of an impeachment that ends there?

by Anonymousreply 128September 22, 2019 8:37 PM

I disagree with that, R126. In my opinion, she is just fearful of losing the House majority. To me, that says a lot. I t tells me that "something" is very wrong in the party if it is incapable of getting its message out directly and correctly to the people. Something is VERY wrong!

Everyone wants good healthcare. SO! Address healthcare! The Democrats have done this and has passed legislation in the House to do this. I don't know what it is. Maybe Democrats don't repeat enough or maybe they don't bash Republicans enough, BUT something is wrong!

by Anonymousreply 129September 22, 2019 8:39 PM

[quote]So... why hasn't Warren worked with Representatives toward drafting articles of impeachment?

Warren is a Senator. It is not the Senate’s job to draft articles of impeachment.

Why should Warren be expected to do the work of the House of Representatives?

Why can’t Nancy Pelosi just be expected to do the job she was elected to and gets paid by us to do?

by Anonymousreply 130September 22, 2019 8:39 PM

[quote]So, lets say the Democrats in the House impeach the President. Then what? What's the point of an impeachment that ends there?

It becomes a Mitch McConnell and Republican issue. The pressure is put on them.

by Anonymousreply 131September 22, 2019 8:40 PM

Nancy’s inaction is going to backfire on Democrats in a big way.

Her refusal to impeach makes Trump look legitimate and makes the accusations against him look baseless.

by Anonymousreply 132September 22, 2019 8:41 PM

[quote] It becomes a Mitch McConnell and Republican issue. The pressure is put on them.

Like all that pressure they have felt to act on any of the other bills voted on by the House? Like all that pressure they felt to vote on Garland's nomination?

by Anonymousreply 133September 22, 2019 8:42 PM

I'm telling you... and, it is just my opinion, but this Democrat inaction WILL hurt Democrats!

[quote]Nancy’s inaction is going to backfire on Democrats in a big way.

I AGREE!

by Anonymousreply 134September 22, 2019 8:42 PM

Look, R133...

The House Republicans voted to repeal ObamaCare 700 times fully well knowing that it wouldn't go anywhere. But, did they stop? NO!

But happened? They regained power, had a White House that agreed with them, and then they got scared and backed off because of the people of this nation would have rioted. Also, because they couldn't govern. But, my point is that kept at it until it happened.

What are Democrats doing?

by Anonymousreply 135September 22, 2019 8:47 PM

[quote]Like all that pressure they felt to vote on Garland's nomination?

I now blame that on the Democrats. Are you happy now, R115? There! I've written it, said it, and I now believe it!

by Anonymousreply 136September 22, 2019 8:49 PM

[quote] The House Republicans voted to repeal ObamaCare 700 times fully well knowing that it wouldn't go anywhere. But, did they stop? NO!

And then they lost the House.

by Anonymousreply 137September 22, 2019 8:50 PM

[quote]And then they lost the House.

And, sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war! Just ask those BRAVE Democrats who laid their heads on the guillotine for ObamaCare! Those men and women were for, and worked, for the people and for doing the right thing!

by Anonymousreply 138September 22, 2019 8:57 PM

Yeah, but that's because you're a troll, r136.

by Anonymousreply 139September 22, 2019 8:59 PM

[quote] And, sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war! Just ask those BRAVE Democrats who laid their heads on the guillotine for ObamaCare! Those men and women were for, and worked, for the people and for doing the right thing!

So, you want the Dems to impeach so they lose the House (and potentially the Senate and White House)? Is this like letting Trump become President so we get universal healthcare? How has that worked out so far?

Republicans are DYING for the House to impeach, because they know that will energize Trump's base to vote for him (and them).

by Anonymousreply 140September 22, 2019 8:59 PM

Well, it went over my head about Trump and universal healthcare, R140. I'm missing your connection there

Anyway... you're so intent on defining me as a troll but if you said that I was an optimist and naive that probably would be something that I would own. I'll admit that. You see... I don't believe that you suffer much because you do the right thing. I could be wrong. Again, I'm an optimist and I can be naive. I don't believe the Democrats would lose the House by doing the right thing.

Republicans are dying for Democrats to impeach because their point of reference is nothing more than the Clinton impeachment--which was purely political.

by Anonymousreply 141September 22, 2019 9:16 PM

You do realize that there is more than one respondent here, R141, right?

As for the rest of your self-serving stupidity, see R122.

by Anonymousreply 142September 22, 2019 9:19 PM

[quote] Well, it went over my head about Trump and universal healthcare, [R140]. I'm missing your connection there

BernieBros told us over and over we needed to let Trump win "to blow up the system" in order to get universal healthcare.

[quote] Anyway... you're so intent on defining me as a troll

I never called you a troll.

[quote] but if you said that I was an optimist and naive that probably would be something that I would own. I'll admit that. You see... I don't believe that you suffer much because you do the right thing.

Democrats are constantly "going high when they go low," and constantly losing.

[quote] I don't believe the Democrats would lose the House by doing the right thing.

You would be wrong. History proves you wrong.

[quote] Republicans are dying for Democrats to impeach because their point of reference is nothing more than the Clinton impeachment--which was purely political.

No, they know this will get lazy, non-voting Trumpsters off their barcaloungers and to the polls. They are scared Democrats will batter Republicans on their scandals, tax cuts, and failed economic policies. Anything that gets the discussion off that is good for the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 143September 22, 2019 9:22 PM

I do, R142. But, I can't keep up with who is who. I'm actually trying to do some work whilst I fool around on DL

by Anonymousreply 144September 22, 2019 9:24 PM

Emphasis on "fool."

by Anonymousreply 145September 22, 2019 9:25 PM

If you'd stop the blatant trolling, you might actually be able to get some work done. You're certainly accomplishing nothing at all here.

by Anonymousreply 146September 22, 2019 9:25 PM

I am able to walk and chew gum at the same time, R146....

And, there is nothing that I am trying to accomplish here except vent my frustrations.

by Anonymousreply 147September 22, 2019 9:27 PM

[quote]I am able to walk and chew gum at the same time

Your posts here indicate otherwise, R147.

As for what you're trying to accomplish, you're rather stupidly trolling and trying to turn people against the Democratic Party, thereby depressing turnout in 2020, which will then help the Republican Party.

Fortunately for everyone here, you're rather obvious in what you're doing. Clearly, they're not sending their best trolls to Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 148September 22, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote]you're rather stupidly trolling and trying to turn people against the Democratic Party, thereby depressing turnout in 2020, which will then help the Republican Party.

Nancy's refusal to do anything about the criminal in the White House is what's turning people against the Democratic Party.

by Anonymousreply 149September 22, 2019 9:32 PM

[quote] Nancy's refusal to do anything about the criminal in the White House is what's turning people against the Democratic Party.

Again, what would you have her do?

by Anonymousreply 150September 22, 2019 9:33 PM

You won't know how the Senate will vote until it is put in front of them. The Democrats inaction also emboldens the GOP senators like Moscow Mitch and our Senatrice to keep supporting Don the Con.

by Anonymousreply 151September 22, 2019 9:34 PM

[quote] You won't know how the Senate will vote until it is put in front of them.

Oh, for fuck's sake. OF COURSE YOU DO.

Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 152September 22, 2019 9:36 PM

[quote]Again, what would you have her do?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 22, 2019 9:43 PM

A pointless waste of time that energizes the opposition...brilliant strategy!

by Anonymousreply 154September 22, 2019 9:45 PM

Do your job, Nancy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 22, 2019 9:45 PM

R152 Negotiating against yourself as usual. With opposition like this who needs Putin?

by Anonymousreply 156September 22, 2019 9:46 PM

The Democrats are following the law. The problem is how fucking slow the legal process is. We'll start getting decisions from the courts in November about shit filed in May and June. Is your answer for the Democrats to also start breaking the law just like the Repugs that you want the Democrats to go after? Logic, dear.

by Anonymousreply 157September 22, 2019 9:47 PM

[quote] Negotiating against yourself as usual. With opposition like this who needs Putin?

Go ahead and make an actual argument about why impeachment would benefit anyone. Go.

by Anonymousreply 158September 22, 2019 9:48 PM

R158 Read what Warren and AOC are saying. Go. Shoo.

by Anonymousreply 159September 22, 2019 9:52 PM

[quote] Read what Warren and AOC are saying. Go. Shoo.

How does that benefit anyone? Feel free to quote Warren and AOC. Tell me why impeachment would be a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 160September 22, 2019 9:55 PM

R160 Go do your own homework. Run along now.

by Anonymousreply 161September 22, 2019 9:58 PM

[quote] Go do your own homework. Run along now.

So you have no actual argument. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 162September 22, 2019 10:00 PM

[quote]Tell me why impeachment would be a good thing.

Trump needs to be held accountable. He is not above the law, and is not fit to be President.

by Anonymousreply 163September 22, 2019 10:08 PM

[quote] Trump needs to be held accountable.

Impeachment that dies in the House in no way holds him accountable.

[quote] He is not above the law, and is not fit to be President.

You are going to have to vote him out of office, or take the Senate, to demonstrate that.

by Anonymousreply 164September 22, 2019 10:15 PM

Naw, you'll never get anything r162 if you haven't gotten anything in here so far.

by Anonymousreply 165September 22, 2019 10:16 PM

[quote] Naw, you'll never get anything [R162] if you haven't gotten anything in here so far.

Hey, I'll even make this deal. If there is someone on this thread who made a positive argument why impeachment is a good idea, all you have to do is cite the response.

by Anonymousreply 166September 22, 2019 10:30 PM

Actually r162 I'd buy Pelosi and Democratic Party rationalization for their inaction if this was ONE or a rare instance when they have NOT thrown up a fight.

But no, there must be a 1000 or a few 1000 instances when they could've raked Trump and the GOP over the coals and slammed them against the wall - and didn't. Instances the GOP would've happily used against Obama.

As usual, the only explanation for their pussy-lanimous inaction would therefore lie in money.

Follow the money. I don't buy the rest.

by Anonymousreply 167September 22, 2019 10:34 PM

Nancy Pelosi @SpeakerPelosi . @realDonaldTrump’s plan to accelerate the delivery of military equipment to Saudi Arabia & UAE, and to deploy additional U.S. forces to the region is the latest outrageous attempt by the Trump Admin to circumvent the bipartisan will of Congress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168September 23, 2019 1:54 AM

How would impeachment proceedings stop Trump's arms dealing exactly?

by Anonymousreply 169September 23, 2019 1:57 AM

You attack him on all sides. You keep him on the ropes. You disable his corrupt antics. You assume a take no prisoners approach.

by Anonymousreply 170September 23, 2019 4:42 AM

Shouldn't Pelosi step down?

by Anonymousreply 171September 23, 2019 6:45 PM

OH? Look what speaks?

Schumer calls for hearings and subpoena--The Senate Democratic leader turns up the pressure on Republicans, asking for an investigation into the White House's handling of the Ukraine situation

[quote]Shouldn't Pelosi step down?

Of course not!

by Anonymousreply 172September 23, 2019 7:50 PM

Nancy Pelosi hints at impeachment amid Trump whistleblower flap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 24, 2019 3:06 AM

They're hinting Nancy should be replaced.

by Anonymousreply 174September 24, 2019 3:07 AM

[quote]They're hinting Nancy should be replaced.

Honestly? I personally believe that maybe 3 or 4 of them have whispered it.

by Anonymousreply 175September 24, 2019 3:12 AM

Oooooh, another INVSTIGATION!

Wait...what?

OMG...NO..NO...NO!!!

I'm out of popcorn!

How the fuck did this happen????

by Anonymousreply 176September 24, 2019 3:53 AM

Pelosi is waiting for the moment where she can stand in front of the American people and say, "We've given him every chance. We've taken every legal step to try to investigate in good faith. We've tried to give Trump the chance to defend his behavior and explain his alleged high crimes. But, we have now reached a point where we can no longer stand by and let this criminal behavior continue. The Articles of Impeachment against Donald J. Trump include..."

We're almost there. Ukraine might be the trigger. Or, it could be any of the numerous verdicts coming in the next month or two removing the "blanket immunity" argument from the mouths of the Trump cabal. There is a plan and a timetable.

by Anonymousreply 177September 24, 2019 5:59 AM

I agree, R177. Although I must admit that I am losing my patience with Miss Pelosi, she is hoping for more public support to resonate to the surface before she pulls the trigger. If one is going to play politics then I think more pressure has to be placed upon the Republicans. But, (it seems to me), that Democrats don't have the "oomph," "gumption", or just the know how, in dealing with the Republicans.

How is it that no one seems to be breaking their shield? Gun control... the nation overwhelmingly wants something done, and? It's not just about Mitch McConnell. It's about the Republicans in total. That's why I think something drastic needs to be done even if it is reversed. ARREST somebody! FINE somebody! FREEZE bank accounts, etc. It'll wake somebody up.

by Anonymousreply 178September 24, 2019 1:41 PM

IMPEACHMENT!!!

As per Miss Nancy....

by Anonymousreply 179September 24, 2019 6:49 PM

You wish r179

by Anonymousreply 180September 24, 2019 8:31 PM

Um, R180, it's in the news and it has spawned half a dozen threads here on DL. Perhaps you should try to keep up?

by Anonymousreply 181September 24, 2019 8:58 PM

I don't see any announcement of impeachment by Nancy. Where are you seeing this r181.

by Anonymousreply 182September 24, 2019 9:42 PM

Um, R182, it's in the news and it has spawned half a dozen threads here on DL. Perhaps you should try to keep up?

by Anonymousreply 183September 24, 2019 9:48 PM

I'm happy. I'm very happy. So damn happy....

by Anonymousreply 184September 26, 2019 2:38 AM

Don't be OP. The Democrats will find a way to screw it up.

by Anonymousreply 185September 26, 2019 5:51 AM

[quote]my grandmother told me; "Never think that you are the only one feeling something in some way, the only one seeing something in one way, etc. Always know that there are thousands of others who feel, see, and think, just as you do."

This summed up and sums up what many people are feeling...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186September 29, 2019 3:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!