Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So, Last Night A Republican Asked Me To Explain Why I Hate Him...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 6, 2019 2:01 PM

Then he asked me to explain why I hated gay Republicans...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2019 6:28 PM

The poor snowflake.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2019 6:33 PM

He said that I was wrong to blame the Republicans and the Republican party for Trump. And that many Republicans are not in agreement with Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2019 6:36 PM

Most Republicans of today are nothing like Republicans of 30 years ago. Even Republicans used to have compassion for people who were not as well off as they were. They knew that social problems paid for by the taxpayer were necessary. But the vast majority of these lowlifes today are not true Republicans. They are little more than criminals who hate the fact that one dime of their tax money goes to help anyone less fortunate. They don't care one iota what happens to the less fortunate. Frankly they'd all be very happy if every person in the country who needs taxpayer paid for social services would just die. Many of them have literally let their bigotry and hatred drive them crazy.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2019 7:02 PM

Did you guys fuck?

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2019 7:29 PM

[quote]Did you guys fuck?

Of course not. I will not be diseased.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2019 7:30 PM

What then is the problem. Dump him. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2019 7:34 PM

You should have let him fuck you, OP.

#LoveTrumpsHate

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2019 7:42 PM

Don’t bother trying to debate a republican. They use too many fallacies and diversion tactics. They will NOT have an honest discussion.

If they would, they would be a democrat.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2019 7:47 PM

"Frankly they'd all be very happy if every person in the country who needs taxpayer paid for social services would just die."

Well, since so many, many deplorables depend on Medicare and Social Security, this might work out well for all of us.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2019 7:51 PM

Republicans are the early adopters of the Idiocracy.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2019 7:53 PM

Sure not all Republicans support Trump, but did they support GWB who kept DADT in place and wanted to add a Constitutional Amendment to ban gay marriage. How about Reagan who wouldn't speak the word AIDS because he hated gays?

Yes ALL republicans are SHIT, specifically the gay ones.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2019 8:29 PM

Did you ask him why he hates himself?

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2019 8:30 PM

I absolutely detest them!

[quote]The group consists of three members: President John Hugo and Vice President Mark Sahady, who identify as heterosexual, and “Gay Ambassador” Chris Bartley, who identifies as gay.

[quote]“Straight people are an oppressed majority,” Hugo says in a statement on the group’s website. “We will fight for the right of straights everywhere to express pride in themselves without fear of judgement and hate.”

[quote]According to his Twitter profile, he’s a proud American, a follower of Jesus, a #GaysForTrump supporter, and a 2012 Eagle Scout.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2019 10:02 PM

R14: Thirty pieces of silver to the Sonnderkommando Fag.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2019 10:09 PM

What did you say to him, op? Details! Hope you made him cry.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2019 10:14 PM

Liberals showing that they HATE

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2019 10:18 PM

[quote] Liberals showing that they HATE

Awww. Your feewings hurt, snowflake?

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2019 10:26 PM

Forcing women to have kids they don't want is a consummate act of Republican love.

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2019 10:54 PM

I’m not following that scenario at R14

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2019 6:12 AM

One of the idiots I work with said something about this yesterday.

He said most Republicans don't like Trump but the Democrats drove them to vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2019 12:21 PM

"He said most Republicans don't like Trump but the Democrats drove them to vote for Trump."

So passive aggressive, so pussy-footed, so cowardly. I hope you didn't let this stupid comment slide, R21.

It's also so reminiscent of post-war Nazi Germany: I was only following orders. I was only doing what I was told. If I didn't do as I was told, my life would have been in danger.

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2019 12:29 PM

R12 did you just really blame GWB for keeping DADT, a Clinton policy in place ?

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2019 12:34 PM

There used to be a very simple delineation. Republicans were richer, Democrats were middle class and below. Southern Democrats who longed for the Old Days (aka segregation) moved to the right as the Republicans courted Christian conservatives. The real move was the quiet racism. The best trick republicans ever played on the people is convincing poor white people that immigrants and people of color were the reason they were poor. So much so they would vote against their own best interest. The ACA was a godsend to the poor but they were convinced it was a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2019 12:38 PM

[quote]What did you say to him, op? Details! Hope you made him cry.

He didn't cry but he was genuinely perplexed but interested as I told him what he should go back and tell the boys of the country club. He sent me the this the following morning;

[quote]GXXXX - It was good to meet you. I really enjoyed the discussion, including the parts on US politics and policy. I always take something away from discussions with smart, knowledgeable people, and this was no exception. (It is a unique time in history given the huge divisions in different areas, so worth talking about.)

by Anonymousreply 25June 6, 2019 2:24 PM

Ugh. Translation = "Bless your heart" (Southern meaning).

by Anonymousreply 26June 6, 2019 2:29 PM

The "liberals forced me to vote for Trump" excuse was trotted out in 2016, first as a (supposedly) plausible excuse to vote GOP, basically saying that you had to stop the evil feminazis and SJWs or the country would destroy itself.

When he was elected, it continued as basically a weapon. "If you liberals don't stop being liberal, we'll vote for him again."

I wouldn't bother talking to someone like that but if I had to, I suppose I would ask why he was allowing liberals to manipulate him.

by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2019 2:43 PM

[quote]What did you say to him, op? Details!

I told him that the Republicans and this Administration have violated and called into question of what most of us have been raised to believe and that is; Truth vs Lies, Right vs Wrong, and Good vs Evil. I told him that if Paul Ryan were to walk in the room this very minute, (and that could have been possible), that it would take all of my will to refrain myself from spitting on him. I further informed him that I would not be too upset had I heard that a group of Republicans were mowed down and that FOX had been blown up.

The only two things that we agreed on about this topic were that the Democrats are solely to blame for Merrick Garland not being on the Supreme Court and that you really can't fault McConnell to push his person onto the court if given another opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2019 2:45 PM

Republicans hide behind the "anyone but Hillary" mantra.

by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2019 2:46 PM

Dems aren't solely to blame for Merrick Garland, you chowderhead.

by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2019 2:51 PM

Republicans think only of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2019 2:54 PM

I was, (and am), just so angry about Republicans!!! And while he did not think I was crazy--even with the crazy things that I said, I could see that what I was saying to him was eye-opening. I suppose many Republicans have not a clue the level of hatred that exists towards them and this Administration. I guess they just view it as simple politics of which they are winning at.

[quote]Dems aren't solely to blame for Merrick Garland, you chowderhead.

Sorry, that's my opinion. People should have been in the streets and burning down buildings over the egregious actions that McConnell did. When he came out and said what he would do if given another Supreme Court opportunity, was anyone surprised? Everyone KNOWS how McConnell rolls. He should have NEVER gotten away with what he did.

by Anonymousreply 32June 6, 2019 2:55 PM

r32 the dems were powerless. McConnel is a scumbag and needs to be voted out.

by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2019 2:57 PM

[quote][R32] the dems were powerless.

But, the people aren't. The Democrats did not present a compelling case to the people.

by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2019 3:02 PM

The people mean absolutely nothing to Republicans. People could have lit themselves on fire in the bedrooms of every Republican senator and they still would not have let Garland come up for a vote.

by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2019 3:22 PM

Gerrymandering has pretty much guaranteed that these assholes have jobs for life.

by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2019 3:25 PM

Gerrymandering has nothing to do with Senators or Merrick Garland though.

by Anonymousreply 37June 6, 2019 3:37 PM

The Republican Party isn't who you think it is/Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large

Washington (CNN)There's a common trope in politics that the Republican Party is composed of, and controlled by, affluent white men with stacks of Ivy League degrees amongst them. That might have been true at some point in the history of the Grand Old Party, but it sure as heck isn't an accurate picture of Donald Trump's Republican Party.

A single slide in a new PowerPoint presentation by GOP pollster Bill McInturff shows a) who the Republican Party is and b) the massive transformation it has undergone in just the last decade.

What the slide shows is simple: The Republican Party of 2010-2014 (and likely before that) was composed primarily of white voters (90%), with a slight tilt in that group to non-college educated whites.

Trump's election in 2016 radically changed that mix. Non-college educated whites soared to almost 6 in 10 Republicans voters while white voters with a college degree or more dipped to just 1 in 3 GOP voters. And that trend continued -- and accelerated -- in the 2018 midterms with the less than 3 in 10 Republicans being whites with college degrees or higher.

That's remarkable. Equally stunning is this data point from McInturff: In 2010, Republican candidates won white college-educated voters by 19 points. In 2018? The party lost that group by 8 points. That's a HUGE 27-point shift among what had long been considered a pillar of the Republican base -- in just eight years' time!

The problem for Republicans is that their margins among non-college whites haven't increased in anything close to the same way the party's share of college educated whites has dropped. In 2010, Republicans won non-college educated white by 30 points. In 2018, the GOP won that same group by 24.

And, it goes without saying that Republicans' inability to grow their non-white ranks in any meaningful way also lends to its demographic issues.

The Point: The ways in which Donald Trump's election transformed the Republican Party are many and varied. But this just might be one of the most important ones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 6, 2019 4:28 PM

And, that is what I told the Republican too! I was once a registered Republican (but I always voted for who I thought was the best person), and it was the abysmal treatment of President Obama by the Republicans and right-wing that literally turned my stomach and forever put me off of the party.

by Anonymousreply 39June 6, 2019 4:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 6, 2019 4:39 PM

[quote]He became involved in the straight pride movement after being ostracized from established advocacy groups for merely suggesting that straight people be afforded equal rights.

Translation: for merely being stupid.

by Anonymousreply 41June 6, 2019 4:49 PM

The Republican party and the Democratic party are similar in that they are deathly afraid of losing their jobs. Most if not all of them will not back anything unless it has majority support. The dems have congress, they can affect real change but what have they done? Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 42June 6, 2019 5:26 PM

Bullshit, R42! Ya know... let's not do this. Just don't.

When the Democrats controlled Congress the nation got ObamaCare (whether you agree with it or not is a different issue), consumer reform, etc. I'm not saying that the Democrats are incapable of nastiness and pure self-aggrandizement, but you're being extremely disingenuous when you're trying to place that Democratic Congress and this current Democratic House on the same level as these pieces of shit Republicans. What have they given the people thus far? A tax cut?

Where have you been? Nancy Pelosi and her House have been passing bills left and right. Place your disappointment upon the vile Mitch McConnell who refuses to bring these bills to the floor of the Senate. And, what party does Mitch McConnell belong to?

I recall under Obama that Republicans whined that their party had brought 300 plus bills to the Senate but that it was Harry Reid that sat on them. Take note here... you always heard a number but you NEVER heard what these bills were about. But, under Miss Nancy's House, not only can you give a number but everyone should be able to tick off some names of what these bills were about and how they passed because they would help the people.

Don't do this. Just own up to it. REPUBLICANS ARE SHIT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 6, 2019 5:40 PM

I HATE THEM!!!! How is this guy even allowed into a gay bar???

Gregory Angelo: Trump's the most pro-gay GOP president ever – That’s why State's Pride flag ban is so odd

With a few taps of his fingers, President Trump made history with a May 31 message on Twitter: "As we celebrate LGBT Pride Month and recognize the outstanding contributions LGBT people have made to our great Nation, let us also stand in solidarity with the many LGBT people who live in dozens of countries worldwide that punish, imprison, or even execute individuals on the basis of their sexual orientation."

It was the eve of a month that commemorates the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Rebellion, which marked the start of the contemporary gay rights movement in the United States.

Trump added: "My Administration has launched a global campaign to decriminalize homosexuality and invite all nations to join us in this effort!"

The announcement was twofold in significance. One, it marked the first time in the history of the United States that a sitting Republican president formally recognized Pride Month. Secondly, it reaffirmed the unprecedented campaign his State Department has waged to end the cruel custom of criminalizing homosexuality, a practice still embraced by barbaric nations around the world.

Without a doubt, Trump is the most pro-gay Republican president in American history. He is also the first president from either political party to enter the White House while supporting same-sex marriage, and he has made a bold commitment to eradicate HIV domestically by 2030. Taking all of this into account, Trump is situated to become the most pro-gay president ever.

Considering this context, the State Department's order to embassies around the globe not to fly the gay pride flag is perplexing. It's an unforced error that generates unnecessary ill will in the gay community — in addition to the everyday Americans who President Trump will need in order to win re-election next year.

With the number of Americans who support gay individuals trending upward, the State Department's decision could have drastic consequences at the ballot box for our country’s commander-in-chief.

Make no mistake: the responsibility for this decision ultimately rests with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. Even worse: this is not a matter of undoing some Obama-era standard. It marks a categorical reversal of Trump administration policies.

"The United States joins people around the world in celebrating Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex (LGBTI) Pride Month, and reaffirms its commitment to protecting and defending the human rights of all, including LGBTI persons," Pompeo said in an official statement commemorating Pride Month last year.

Days later, United States embassies around the world raised the rainbow flag in a symbolic echo affirming Pompeo’s very words — without incident or controversy. The flags did not fly in lieu of Old Glory, nor did they fly above the Stars and Stripes; it was a simple gesture expressing solidarity with gay people around the world, many of whom face threats of death simply because of who they are.

Simple gestures can be powerful things: Just this week, Iran Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif publicly affirmed his country’s practice of executing gay people.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Secretary Pompeo’s reversal of United States embassy policy regarding the gay pride flag telegraphs mixed messages to terrorist regimes such as Iran and muddies the diplomatic waters at a time when American leadership on gay human rights issues should be paramount.

Of course, there is still time for Secretary Pompeo to change course on this nonsensical policy, and here’s to hoping he does — President Trump is none too fond of cabinet secretaries who insist on disregarding his leadership and doing things their way instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 12, 2019 3:14 PM

I don't hate or detest Republicans. IMO that sort of emotional reaction to them gives them way too much power. I simply disagree with them.

I see myself as a progressive humanitarian and Republicans are conservatives who try to stall progress as much as possible, because they are usually the ones who benefit from the current status quo the most.

by Anonymousreply 45June 12, 2019 3:21 PM

My Trumpian aunt has completed disassociated herself from me because of fucking Trump “If you don’t like Trump, you don’t like me, because we’re exactly alike” she announced.

Trumpian aunt lives in low income senior housing.

by Anonymousreply 46June 12, 2019 3:27 PM

GOOD LORD!....OP you sound like the most pompous, emotionally overreaching , self involved, snowflake FOP anyone would have the insipidus misfortune of being stuck with! How can anyone stand being around you?? THEY CAN'T!! This is why you were left by yourself standing alone by a Republican. Nobody likes you. And you only have to read this thread and your remarks to realize your manic. Only a life misfortunate, ill guided with nothing to lose approaches another human being whom they have never met, wishing to express their hatred for that individual. Are you on the spectrum ?? GAWD I HOPE SO! Because you do not represent any Democrat with which I associate, with your blow hard bragging about your low social dwelling behavior. It only solidifies the insufferable mental unbalance anyone around you has to endure! Your reflective of a person with limited travel experience and even less life exposure opportunity. In other words, your very drool ……..

by Anonymousreply 47June 12, 2019 4:10 PM

Because they're SHIT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 12, 2019 9:18 PM

[quote]GOOD LORD!....OP you sound like the most pompous, emotionally overreaching , self involved, snowflake FOP anyone would have the insipidus misfortune of being stuck with! How can anyone stand being around you??

I'm rich.

by Anonymousreply 49June 12, 2019 9:19 PM

r43 - Nope Obama did that with Democratic and a tiny bit of Republican backing...and what happened? The tea party took the majority. The Dems lost the congress and then the senate. it's why they are afraid. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 50June 12, 2019 11:52 PM

Because they vote to keep their stocks 'n bonds healthy- and throw the country under the bus. Very sociopathic and destructive people.

by Anonymousreply 51June 13, 2019 1:09 AM

r51 not true. If they were voting to keep their stocks and bonds healthy they would vote democrat. The market was never more healthy than under Clinton and Obama. Republicans historically have crashed the economy. Regan, both Bushes and soon Trump.

by Anonymousreply 52June 13, 2019 2:46 AM

Republicans are religious grifter scumbags of the lowest order. Fucking horrible sub-humans.

by Anonymousreply 53June 13, 2019 3:19 AM

The entire GOP are traitors. It's that simple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 14, 2019 11:22 AM

MMPH! Just look at this here mess...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 2, 2019 10:55 PM

Trumpians in particular can’t keep their mouths shut in mixed company, and that’s annoying.

My Deplorable brother once referred to the “haters” in the Dem Party. My jaw dropped. A classic case of projection. Trump people hate Muslims, immigrants, Jews, Blacks, poor people, etc. Dems, to the extent that they “hate”, do so because of Trumpian’s actions, not because of who they are.

by Anonymousreply 56July 2, 2019 11:25 PM

I went to a Gay Republican gathering once at a bar, years ago. I thought I shouldn’t criticize without seeing for myself. This is just antidotal, but I remember one guy in particular. He was loud, and fat, and smoking a cigar. I think he was bragging about something, probably money. It was repulsive to my values.

by Anonymousreply 57July 2, 2019 11:29 PM

At the link is a list of maybe a couple hundred prominent Republicans Who are Anti-Trump. It makes me happy that such people, who I disagree with on so much, have stated their boundaries, in DataLounge speak. There’s also a Wikipedia entry listing, too. It is unusual. Especially since he’s a sitting President, not just a candidate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 2, 2019 11:34 PM

I would tell him: "Well, you already hate yourself so Im sure you understand."

by Anonymousreply 59July 3, 2019 12:53 AM

OP = crazy old coot from OK but was abandoned by his mom in the Bronx who spend most of his evening talking gibberish to Trump voters everyday on the street.

by Anonymousreply 60July 3, 2019 1:21 AM

I don’t hate all Republicans, I just hate you.

by Anonymousreply 61July 3, 2019 1:22 AM

Justin Amash Verified account @justinamash

Today, I’m declaring my independence.

—@justinamash announces in WaPo op-Ed, notably on Independence Day, that he is leaving GOP. He decries a “mind-set among the political class that loyalty to party is more important than serving the American people or protecting our governing institutions”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 4, 2019 1:49 PM

I stopped listening to republicans when Elisabeth Hasslebeck was fired from The View. I only read what Lip Stick Alley says about them or if I accidentally over hear people. I ignore republicans at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 63September 6, 2019 2:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!