Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden Trying To Speak Today Is Kind Of Scary

He sounds like he’s having mini strokes or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234September 18, 2019 6:20 PM

You get a free Xbox for posting this.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2019 8:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2019 8:29 PM

Dementia.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2019 8:38 PM

Still will vote for him over Trump.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2019 8:41 PM

He's so much better than Trump. Or Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2019 8:42 PM

R1: He has mental problems due to age. It is not Russian trolling to point this obvious fact. Deal with it.

R5: Trump, yes. Sanders, no.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2019 8:54 PM

R1 Yeah when you can’t speak in coherent sentences or even form legible words it’s a problem. It’s a problem for Trump and for Biden. There’s something going on cognitively with both of them and neither one has any business being President.

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2019 9:01 PM

That was a long-winded, non-scintillating story. The people in the background look totally bored and paid to be there.

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2019 9:03 PM

Biden is clearly struggling.

And as the above poster states, there are cognitive issues.

Despite Bernie and Elizabeth being older, I do not get a "feeble vibe" from either.

But both Trump and Biden are clearly challenged cognitively....

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2019 9:06 PM

We get the goal: Repeatedly post claims that Biden is feeble, has dentures, poor health in order to discredit him. Weak, thinly veiled strategy. And tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2019 9:12 PM

R10: Listen bitch, I'll vote for him if he is the nominee (God help us). But that clip, is not a clip of a mentally healthy man. You seriously want us all to believe the man in that clip is not feeble? That he is strong and "on point"? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2019 9:18 PM

[quote]and paid to be there.

Much like how Putin's paying OP.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2019 9:20 PM

[quote] Despite Bernie and Elizabeth being older, I do not get a "feeble vibe" from either.

WTF? Elizabeth Warren is younger than both of them.

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2019 9:22 PM

[quote]We get the goal: Repeatedly post claims that Biden is feeble, has dentures, poor health in order to discredit him. Weak, thinly veiled strategy. And tiresome.

It worked with Hillary!

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2019 9:22 PM

You tell it like it is, R11!

In perhaps one of the most important elections EVER, the last thing we need is a "feeble" candidate.

It's imperative to have someone strong, with stamina and BOLD leadership.

Like R11, I'll vote for Scooby Doo before Trump, but if Biden is the candidate, I feel America is doomed.

by Anonymousreply 15September 15, 2019 9:23 PM

How much is Trump paying Biden to "run" against him?

by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2019 9:26 PM

He’s telling a very boring story. That’s all there is to see in this video. Nice try, though.

by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote]Despite Bernie and Elizabeth being older, I do not get a "feeble vibe" from either. WTF? Elizabeth Warren is younger than both of them.

"Older" in age. Not "older" than Biden.

Thinking of Pete, Beto, Kamala, Andrew, Julian, etc.

"Older" is a relative term.

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2019 9:33 PM

R17 And struggling to get a coherent sentence out at the same time. Why the fuck is he even telling this story? What question was asked? What the fuck does this story have to do with anything in 2019?

by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2019 9:35 PM

Oh my God he's like Grandpa Simpson.

Sad :(

by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2019 9:38 PM

Joe, thank you for your service.

You attempted on several occasions to become president.

You served as Vice President.

Your experience will be helpful for the incoming Democratic President as this is a critical junction in America's History.

However, you do not demonstrate the necessary faculties to deal with the increasing challenges in the executive, legislative, judicial and intelligence communities of The United States of America.

Signed, A Concerned U.S. Constituent

by Anonymousreply 21September 15, 2019 9:39 PM

I join R21 in concurrence .

//s// Concerned Constituent #2.

by Anonymousreply 22September 15, 2019 9:50 PM

Old people and their stories. No one cares grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 23September 15, 2019 10:03 PM

[quote]Old people and their stories. No one cares grandpa.

He even mentions Esther Williams. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 24September 15, 2019 10:10 PM

Obviously Susan Collins cleared her cookies between r21 and r22.

by Anonymousreply 25September 15, 2019 10:13 PM

No one cares op, he will be the one to topple rump. And I'll gladly vite for him.

by Anonymousreply 26September 15, 2019 10:14 PM

Biden may be old but he's not stupid, mean and crazy like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 27September 15, 2019 10:15 PM

I wish he would drop out. Trump will wipe the floor with him

by Anonymousreply 28September 15, 2019 10:16 PM

Call me when he's unable to shower alone without falling and busting himself open or is on the Russian payroll, OP.

by Anonymousreply 29September 15, 2019 10:17 PM

While I get Biden is a turn off for anybody under 50 years old, the real issue for me is there is no fire in Biden's belly.

Warrenand Beto on the other hand show that fire.

by Anonymousreply 30September 15, 2019 10:24 PM

If he had strokes every 5 seconds he'd still have a better brain than Trump and I'm for Warren, but would vote for Biden in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 31September 15, 2019 10:28 PM

TRUMP is mentally retarded and crazy. His own staff is worried about it.

by Anonymousreply 32September 15, 2019 10:32 PM

These videos of Biden speaking truly are worrisome and bizarre. THIS is who’s leading the polls???

I guess America is into having rambling old men for presidents, hence why Trump is in office.

by Anonymousreply 33September 15, 2019 10:44 PM

We need some young blood

by Anonymousreply 34September 15, 2019 10:46 PM

I'll happily vote for Mayor Pete too. Can't get much younger than him.

by Anonymousreply 35September 15, 2019 10:48 PM

Young blood that can win, R34....and who is that?

by Anonymousreply 36September 15, 2019 10:49 PM

Pete would be perfect. Young, intelligent, coherent, well-mannered, and open to suggestions.

Yet people want all these old asses as the Democratic nominee.😄

by Anonymousreply 37September 15, 2019 10:50 PM

[quote]We get the goal: Repeatedly post claims that Biden is feeble, has dentures, poor health in order to discredit him.

We don't need anyone to post that he's feeble, we can SEE it with our own eyes. I will of course vote for Joe if he gets the nomination, but he is way past his sell-by date.

by Anonymousreply 38September 15, 2019 10:52 PM

Washington had dentures too.

by Anonymousreply 39September 15, 2019 10:54 PM

Biden sounds fine. He's not stumbling and or losing his way. However, the problem is, he's recounting this story to a bunch of people who don't seem to have much of a reference point to what he's really trying to say nor does it seem to have much relevance to a vision or hope for the future. Biden and the speech/story seem a bit like "Grandpa." On the other hand, maybe Bidden's speech does have some relevance (we're only seeing some of it and it's a bit out of context), but from the OP Twitter clip, the speech/story seems to be a bit rambling without much of a point.

by Anonymousreply 40September 15, 2019 11:03 PM

#Kamalawful is a world-class cunt. Her record is appalling to anyone with sense. Keeping an *innocent* man on Death Fucking Row over a paperwork technicality? Ignoring glaring police brutality, including a K9 attacking a mom holding a toddler and her young son... Who can defend that shit?

by Anonymousreply 41September 15, 2019 11:06 PM

[quote]We get the goal: Repeatedly post claims that Biden is feeble

Did you watch the clip, R10? Because he really does look and act like he’s having a stroke or mini seizures or something. His speech is garbled and sometimes slurry and his face twitches when he starts struggling to speak.

Watch the clip and come back and tell me he’s perfectly fine and you’d feel totally comfortable with him as President. Or that he’ll even be able to finish the campaign.

by Anonymousreply 42September 15, 2019 11:10 PM

R30

He wants to run against Trump in the fall of 2020. Nominating contest? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 43September 15, 2019 11:11 PM

R25 is obviously unaware of the fact it takes a week or more after you clear your cookies to be able to post again.

by Anonymousreply 44September 15, 2019 11:11 PM

[quote]He’s telling a very boring story. That’s all there is to see in this video. Nice try, though.

Nice try, R17. Biden’s clearly having some sort of malfunction. There’s something bad going on in his brain. I don’t see how anyone can watch him struggling (and failing) to speak and not see that.

by Anonymousreply 45September 15, 2019 11:15 PM

I’m not a Biden enthusiast, but there’s nothing to this video. The story is long-winded, but it’s perfectly clear. When Biden was a lifeguard, he reprimanded a troublemaker known as Cornpop for not wearing a bathing cap over his pomaded hair, a pool rule. Biden referred to him as “Esther Williams,” and the guy wanted to start trouble. He apologized for the name-calling but said the pool rules had to be enforced, and disaster was averted. It’s not really an interesting story, but it’s relevant to the locality— he’s speaking in the area where the incident occurred. This is something that happened 50 years ago, so the references are antique: Esther Williams, bathing caps, straight razors etc. Is that the objection? The audio isn’t very good, so that distorts his monologue. Is that the objection? The narrative is logical and its relevance to the locale and the occasion are perfectly clear. This is certainly nothing like Trump, who often goes on tangents, makes no sense, and has no vocabulary. There’s nothing to this video!

by Anonymousreply 46September 15, 2019 11:17 PM

OP, you people are terrified of Biden getting the nomination aren’t you? Every thread like this you post makes me want to vote for him even more.

by Anonymousreply 47September 15, 2019 11:19 PM

Biden is malfunctioning like a Stepford wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 15, 2019 11:19 PM

R40 He IS “stumbling AND losing his way here,” that’s EXACTLY what he’s doing. And speaking in garbled gibberish on top of that. But you go right ahead with your fingers in your ears going “la la la, I hear nothing wrong and everything’s FINE!”

by Anonymousreply 49September 15, 2019 11:21 PM

Pete/Amash 2020

by Anonymousreply 50September 15, 2019 11:22 PM

Just saw some congressman on CNN saying that the only one who can beat Trump is Joe Biden, and Castro needs to drop out.

It appears that all of Joe's supporters think people will ignore most of his mental issues and vote for him anyway.

If Biden gets elected he won't serve more than one term. Fucking. Disaster.

Oh, and I'm shocked that Warren is 70. She sure as hell doesn't act like it.

by Anonymousreply 51September 15, 2019 11:22 PM

The “audio” is fine, R46. It’s Biden’s speech that’s garbled and downright unintelligible at times. How’s the water in DeNial, nice and warm?

by Anonymousreply 52September 15, 2019 11:25 PM

Elizabeth Warren will be the nominee.

Biden needs to be shipped off to the nursing home where some poor nurse can swat away his hands while she wipes his mouth and ass.

by Anonymousreply 53September 15, 2019 11:27 PM

Remember when the trolls posted videos of Clinton they said proved she was at death's door? What cemetery is she in now? I forget.

by Anonymousreply 54September 15, 2019 11:34 PM

R54 Yes, I remember that.

Her cult members and the media (not always different things) kept insisting she was in perfect health. Jimmy Kimmel even handed her an already open bottle of pickles to "open" on the show to "prove" she was healthy.

Then she malfunctioned at the 9/11 memorial and lost a show while getting tossed into the back of a van like a bag of dog food.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 15, 2019 11:53 PM

Pete is a joke - he's running for a cabinet position. South Bend is the 306th largest town in America, be honest, get real... in your heart you know he doesn't have the qualifications or experience to the POTUS. Don't lie to yourselves, there is no way in hell that hetero-America will vote for a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 56September 15, 2019 11:54 PM

Pete would make a good vice president first, then president.

by Anonymousreply 57September 15, 2019 11:57 PM

And yet she is still not dead, r55. Blowing something way out of proportion is a troll habit.

Your messiah will never be President, BernieBro.

by Anonymousreply 58September 16, 2019 12:00 AM

When did David Sirota, Nina Turner and Cenk Uygur start posting here?

by Anonymousreply 59September 16, 2019 12:05 AM

Clinton post election has fallen down stairs twice at least. She looks feeble. She cound never have handled the presidency. Maybe Bill could have secretly subbed for her. All you Slay Queen queens can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 60September 16, 2019 12:11 AM

He should spice this story up by telling it from a dental chair or while swinging feebly at a leather speed bag.

Nothing would make him seem more relevant or electable!

by Anonymousreply 61September 16, 2019 12:13 AM

[quote] Clinton post election has fallen down stairs twice at least. She looks feeble. She cound never have handled the presidency. Maybe Bill could have secretly subbed for her. All you Slay Queen queens can fuck off.

Same old bullshit from the same old bullshitters. She's fine and would have been easily able to handle the rigors of the office.

But you keep using the same old bullshit. Bernie will still not be President.

by Anonymousreply 62September 16, 2019 12:14 AM

I voted Johnson. R62.

by Anonymousreply 63September 16, 2019 12:15 AM

I watched the whole clip and didn’t even understand the point.

by Anonymousreply 64September 16, 2019 12:15 AM

Who cares? The bigger problem is that he hasn't said one fucking word about Kavanaugh.

Every other major democratic frontrunner is calling for his impeachment or an investigation and there's total silence on Biden's end.

Completely unacceptable. What the fuck is he in hiding for?

by Anonymousreply 65September 16, 2019 12:19 AM

Lol these anti Biden threads are very similar to the anti Hillary threads from 2015-2016, you trolls are working over time and guess what, he will be the President elect come 2020.

by Anonymousreply 66September 16, 2019 12:22 AM

The most critical thing is who should Biden pick as VP?

by Anonymousreply 67September 16, 2019 12:24 AM

[quote] I voted Johnson. [R62].

Then you are even more of a moron than a BernieBro. And your opinion means even less. Congratulations.

by Anonymousreply 68September 16, 2019 12:26 AM

I just wanted to point out how stupid you were seeing Bernie bros under every bed. And given your track record, R68, why should I take you seriously?

by Anonymousreply 69September 16, 2019 12:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 16, 2019 12:29 AM

[quote] I just wanted to point out how stupid you were seeing Bernie bros under every bed. And given your track record, [R68], why should I take you seriously?

I foolishly gave you credit for having more brain than a flea. Mea culpa.

But none of that makes your ridiculous notions about Clinton's health any less ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 71September 16, 2019 12:30 AM

Of course Biden seems like he’s having strokes. He has a history of neurological problems, and he’s almost 80 years old.

There’s a reason why older people retire from their jobs, and it’s not to run for President.

by Anonymousreply 72September 16, 2019 12:31 AM

Gee, you link doesn't come from anyone with any bias at all r70.

by Anonymousreply 73September 16, 2019 12:31 AM

Get the guy a glass of water, he'll be fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 16, 2019 12:32 AM

[quote]He’s telling a very boring story. That’s all there is to see in this video. Nice try, though.

That has NO point. An old man telling his stories of when he was young and virile will not win the election.

by Anonymousreply 75September 16, 2019 12:32 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 16, 2019 12:32 AM

It is Vlad’s fault that hill kept tripping and fainting every 10 seconds r14. He was invisible and pushed her.

by Anonymousreply 77September 16, 2019 12:33 AM

I’m not voting for anyone over 70. I’m on the fence about Warren.

by Anonymousreply 78September 16, 2019 12:33 AM

I am a huge Hillary supporter and there is a HUGE double standard between how her campaign was treated and his is being treated. She was called entitled and yet didn't walk through the process as arrogantly as he is, nor did Bill have the cojones to go on TV and try to order people into voting for her the way this one's wife has. She worked her ass off and always stayed on top of the issues.

Right now, Democrats are coming together and demanding something be done about a controversial Supreme Court justice, and the frontrunner is nowhere to be found. A fucking embarrassment for the democratic party. Instead he's off telling some story that has nothing to do with anything that's going on in the world right now. The media would have eviscerated Clinton for that. But Biden will get another pass like he has been getting time and time again.

[quote], he will be the President elect come 2020.

So you're admitting it's a coronation and that it's already been decided that he's the nominee?

by Anonymousreply 79September 16, 2019 12:33 AM

R73 What bias? The video shows her clearly sliding down the stairs twice in quick succession (while being propped up like it's Weekend of Bernie's all over again).

by Anonymousreply 80September 16, 2019 12:33 AM

Isn't Hillary still coughing and doesn't she ssf sometimes wear a neck brace now. Slay Queen!

by Anonymousreply 81September 16, 2019 12:34 AM

[quote] Right now, Democrats are coming together and demanding something be done about a controversial Supreme Court justice, and the frontrunner is nowhere to be found.

This has come to light in the last 12 hours. Relax.

[quote] So you're admitting it's a coronation and that it's already been decided that he's the nominee?

So you're admitting you are a BernieBro relying on the same tired accusations as last time?

by Anonymousreply 82September 16, 2019 12:35 AM

[quote] The video shows her clearly sliding down the stairs twice in quick succession (while being propped up like it's Weekend of Bernie's all over again).

No, it shows it over and over to give the impression that this is a serious problem when it clearly is not.

And you make my point when mentioning Weekend at Bernie's since she clearly is not dead as we were assured over and over she soon would be by people (ironically) supporting a guy named Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 83September 16, 2019 12:37 AM

Hey, I have an idea! Instead of inventing reasons not to vote for Biden, why don't you tell us a reason to vote FOR your candidate. Try it once.

by Anonymousreply 84September 16, 2019 12:38 AM

R80 Hillary has always encouraged people to ignore what they see with their own eyes because it’s a “right wing talking point” and you’re a “stupid Bernie bro” if you report what you saw with your own eyes.

by Anonymousreply 85September 16, 2019 12:38 AM

No, it shows her falling down the stairs twice in quick succession. You literally don't see what is in front of your face.

by Anonymousreply 86September 16, 2019 12:39 AM

R83 Yes, the video repeats her slips but she DOES slip twice on those stairs. Just look at her positioning and those of the people around her. She slips twice.

The fact that you're trying to gaslight people when we can see this shit with our own eyes tells us all we need to know about you. She could have been hit by a bus and splattered across the street from one end to the other and you'd still be dancing a jig and insisting everything's fine and dandy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87September 16, 2019 12:40 AM

[quote]Democrats are coming together and demanding something be done about a controversial Supreme Court justice

Except for the fact that it's all bullshit. There is no victim. The woman says it wasn't Kavanaugh. Right now, the Democrats need to focus on what's important and he is not important. The fact that Biden is still running is important. He's standing in front of a bunch of black people telling them that years ago he embarrassed a black guy by calling him a white woman. Yeah, that will get votes.

by Anonymousreply 88September 16, 2019 12:40 AM

[quote]This has come to light in the last 12 hours.

And yet every other democratic frontrunner has managed to make a statement within that time frame. Sometimes things are going to happen that require your immediate attention. That's part of the job.

[quote]So you're admitting you are a BernieBro

Reading is fundamental. Hillary supporter who has caught on to the double standard.

by Anonymousreply 89September 16, 2019 12:40 AM

People who see what their eyes show them are Bernie Bros and morons!

by Anonymousreply 90September 16, 2019 12:41 AM

The point is to get Trump out of the white house, children.

Don't forget that.

by Anonymousreply 91September 16, 2019 12:42 AM

To me, it's deja vu all over again: we MUST clear the field for the front runner as early as possible!

by Anonymousreply 92September 16, 2019 12:42 AM

No one is denying Clinton slipped on stairs. You can keep trying to make it that, but it isn't. The point is that it is not a big deal and doesn't mean anything, no matter how hard you try to make it.

by Anonymousreply 93September 16, 2019 12:44 AM

R88 It goes beyond the newest accusation. Her perjured himself and that is what is really driving this latest round of impeachment calls.

by Anonymousreply 94September 16, 2019 12:44 AM

The fact that Hillary collapsed of heat stroke on a mild September day, and then falls down the steps repeatedly only shows how strong she is!

by Anonymousreply 95September 16, 2019 12:44 AM

[quote] To me, it's deja vu all over again: we MUST clear the field for the front runner as early as possible!

No one is saying or doing that. He is the frontrunner. If you want your candidate to beat him, make a positive case for him or her.

by Anonymousreply 96September 16, 2019 12:45 AM

[quote] The fact that Hillary collapsed of heat stroke on a mild September day, and then falls down the steps repeatedly only shows how strong she is!

Right, so she was clearly at death's door...three years ago. She must be long dead then.

by Anonymousreply 97September 16, 2019 12:45 AM

Oh my sides, R93!

by Anonymousreply 98September 16, 2019 12:46 AM

Biden

absolutely

positively

CANNOT be the Democratic Presidential 2020 candidate.

Biden supporters: if he is the candidate please explain to me how this shit won't be used against him. He makes Trump look coherent.

by Anonymousreply 99September 16, 2019 12:51 AM

Tell me who to support and why, r99.

by Anonymousreply 100September 16, 2019 12:53 AM

[quote]Except for the fact that it's all bullshit. There is no victim. The woman says it wasn't Kavanaugh.

Bitch, what in the name of seven hells are you talking about. Ford's story was corroborated. Ramirez' story was corroborated by seven people this weekend.

Facts are stubborn things, bro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 16, 2019 12:54 AM

I'm telling you Pete/Amash. Coalition ticket. Both young, thoughtful, principled. Time to pass the torch, dudes.

by Anonymousreply 102September 16, 2019 12:56 AM

Amash? Do you seriously expect anyone to take you seriously?

by Anonymousreply 103September 16, 2019 12:57 AM

[quote]Tell me who to support and why, [R99].

Elizabeth Warren is really fucking good at what she does. Working class white people like her. Support her.

If you're looking for the electoral version of Mothra to fight Godzilla you're kind of fucked to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 104September 16, 2019 12:57 AM

Black voters are fond of Warren, it's just that they are skeptical she can beat Trump. If Biden stumbles before South Carolina, look for Warren to become more popular in that quarter the way Obama did after winning Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 105September 16, 2019 1:01 AM

[quote] Elizabeth Warren is really fucking good at what she does.

What is it she does? My moderate friends are afraid she plans to tax the hell out of them. Tell me what she plans to do, how she plans to pay for it, and how she will get it through Congress.

by Anonymousreply 106September 16, 2019 1:01 AM

Tell men who you support? Twenty people give different names. Response: Fuck you morons, those are stupid suggestions. No one should play your game Biden Bro. R100.

by Anonymousreply 107September 16, 2019 1:02 AM

My only objective and ideology this coming election is: Can the Dem nominee beat Trump? If Biden can beat Trump, I'm all for Biden. If it's Warren, I'm for her. Hell, if Marianne Williamson can beat Trump, I'll support her.

by Anonymousreply 108September 16, 2019 1:03 AM

What do you think of Warren / Pete for the Dem ticket?

I think a Biden / Pete ticket looks too awkward...kind of like the old man and young boy.

by Anonymousreply 109September 16, 2019 1:05 AM

[quote]What is it she does? My moderate friends are afraid she plans to tax the hell out of them. Tell me what she plans to do, how she plans to pay for it, and how she will get it through Congress.

Bitch do I LOOK like your mother?

She's got a website with all her plans laid out - how they work, how they'll be funded. Do your own fucking homework.

by Anonymousreply 110September 16, 2019 1:06 AM

R100 's game is to take the focus off Biden by having people bring up 20 different candidates to debate. Don't fall for it. He's also a big Hillary supporter. Probably a planted troll from the Democratic National Committee.

by Anonymousreply 111September 16, 2019 1:06 AM

Wait, so a Biden supporter has to defend his choice with reasons, r107, but you don't have to support yours?

by Anonymousreply 112September 16, 2019 1:06 AM

Well you lost the argument that Biden is not feeble., R112.

by Anonymousreply 113September 16, 2019 1:07 AM

[quote] [R100] 's game is to take the focus off Biden by having people bring up 20 different candidates to debate. Don't fall for it. He's also a big Hillary supporter. Probably a planted troll from the Democratic National Committee.

No, it's to ask you to convince me to vote for your candidate for reasons.

[quote] Bitch do I LOOK like your mother?

So, you have encouraged me to vote for Warren not in the least. Good work.

by Anonymousreply 114September 16, 2019 1:08 AM

[quote]If Biden can beat Trump, I'm all for Biden. If it's Warren, I'm for her. Hell, if Marianne Williamson can beat Trump, I'll support her.

I want the person who will be the best President, and that is not a feeble 80 year old in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 115September 16, 2019 1:08 AM

[quote]If Biden can beat Trump, I'm all for Biden. If it's Warren, I'm for her. Hell, if Marianne Williamson can beat Trump, I'll support her.

I want the person who will be the best President, and that is not a feeble 80 year old in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 116September 16, 2019 1:08 AM

[quote] Well you lost the argument that Biden is not feeble., [R112].

How exactly did I lose that argument? Did a court rule somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 117September 16, 2019 1:10 AM

[quote]Blowing something way out of proportion

No one’s blowing anything “way out of proportion,” R58. We’re looking at a video of a man who can’t speak clearly or coherently.

by Anonymousreply 118September 16, 2019 1:10 AM

[quote] I want the person who will be the best President, and that is not a feeble 80 year old in my opinion.

Who would that be?

by Anonymousreply 119September 16, 2019 1:11 AM

This thread (and DL at large) is why I almost never associate with other people. They're all mentally ill, vindictive, hysterical and ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 120September 16, 2019 1:12 AM

[quote]Hillary has always encouraged people to ignore what they see with their own eyes because it’s a “right wing talking point” and you’re a “stupid Bernie bro” if you report what you saw with your own eyes.

These Hillbots also refused to believe it in 2016 when those of us in Pennsylvania reported that we were seeing Trumps signs everywhere in former Obama districts, and Hillary supporters were nowhere to be found here.

Of course we were all ridiculed and called trolls and BernieBros.

by Anonymousreply 121September 16, 2019 1:13 AM

I’m not voting for Joe Biden and I don’t mind saying it. He won’t win anyway because the entire campaign will be such a shit show - two ancient white men who can barely form sentences with no policies between them to provide solutions to the problems that face us. I won’t do it primarily because of those are the options I will have completely stopped caring. Biden & Trump squaring will do nothing but alienate voters. He won’t have a chance and I won’t have the stomach for it.

If there’s not a woman topping the Democratic ticket, I’m staying home. I want to vote for CHANGE. Not the status quo.

by Anonymousreply 122September 16, 2019 1:14 AM

[quote]Esther Williams, bathing caps, straight razors etc. Is that the objection?

Yes R46. The fact that he actually thought those references would be understood by that crowd, pretty much shows the guy has problems.

[quote]"In those days, one of the things you had to use if you used pomade in your hair you had to wear a bathing cap and so he was up on the board and wouldn’t listen. I said hey Esther, yo, off the board!"

C'mon.

by Anonymousreply 123September 16, 2019 1:14 AM

Don't worry. Hillary will swoop in and "save" her party by running for president a third time.

by Anonymousreply 124September 16, 2019 1:16 AM

R122 is the problem, preferring to *vote* for CHANGE, even if it means keeping Trump in the White House. If you know this country beyond the MSNBC bubble, Biden is the only candidate currently positioned to win. Every poll suppprts that, but I’m sure staying home is preferable to getting rid of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 125September 16, 2019 1:18 AM

[quote]If there’s not a woman topping the Democratic ticket, I’m staying home. I want to vote for CHANGE. Not the status quo.

I agree. I think Warren is the best chance to bring real change.

by Anonymousreply 126September 16, 2019 1:18 AM

[quote] If there’s not a woman topping the Democratic ticket, I’m staying home. I want to vote for CHANGE.

Yeah, because the two parties are essentially the same, right? So if you don't get exactly what you want, you won't vote.

Completely ignoring one party puts rapists on the Supreme Court, the other doesn't. One party rips babies from their mothers and puts them in cages, the other doesn't.

And on and on.

by Anonymousreply 127September 16, 2019 1:19 AM

[quote]"In those days, one of the things you had to use if you used pomade in your hair you had to wear a bathing cap and so he was up on the board and wouldn’t listen. I said hey Esther, yo, off the board!"

Yeah and the answer to righting the wrongs of racial discrimination in this country is for parents to leave the television...er, record player on all night so their kids will do better in school. And... Venezuela something something...that too.

by Anonymousreply 128September 16, 2019 1:23 AM

R124 I think this has a 50% chance of still happening.

by Anonymousreply 129September 16, 2019 1:24 AM

[quote]If you know this country beyond the MSNBC bubble, Biden is the only candidate currently positioned to win.

And HRC at this point was polling 30 points above Trump. How did that shit work out?

by Anonymousreply 130September 16, 2019 1:24 AM

[quote]Tell me what she plans to do, how she plans to pay for it, and how she will get it through Congress.

Can you tell us those things about Biden?

(Just to be clear, while Warren's my gal, I will not be an idiot child and stay home on election day if someone else gets the Dem nomination.)

by Anonymousreply 131September 16, 2019 1:24 AM

R127 Would you please fuck off with the “baaabies in caaaages!” shit?

by Anonymousreply 132September 16, 2019 1:25 AM

Well R125, let the people who love Joe Biden so much vote for him. Apparently he’ll win without my vote.

by Anonymousreply 133September 16, 2019 1:26 AM

R130, you’re so cute the way you think that whole election wasn’t rigged by the Russians. Hilarious, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 134September 16, 2019 1:26 AM

[quote]One party rips babies from their mothers and puts them in cages, the other doesn't.

Um...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135September 16, 2019 1:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136September 16, 2019 1:31 AM

More and more it seems the 2020 election rests on the fragile shoulders of 70-yr. (young) Elizabeth Warren. And you can bet the Russiapublicans are combing through every minute of her life back to kindergarten, building a case of dishonesty ("Can you really trust Pocahontas?").

by Anonymousreply 137September 16, 2019 1:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138September 16, 2019 1:31 AM

[quote]So, you have encouraged me to vote for Warren not in the least. Good work.

And again, my job is to spoon-feed opinions to you because?...

Your opinions on Warren appear to have come from predigested soundbites from the news, and you like old Uncle Joe because the television tells you to. Typical lazy-ass American who expects to be told what to think.

You're an American voter. Look at the candidates' policy positions and do some fucking homework for a change.

by Anonymousreply 139September 16, 2019 1:32 AM

[quote]And yet she is still not dead, [R55]. Blowing something way out of proportion is a troll habit.

“Not dead” doesn’t mean competent to be running the most important country in the world.

by Anonymousreply 140September 16, 2019 1:34 AM

I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 16, 2019 1:35 AM

[quote] [R127] Would you please fuck off with the “baaabies in caaaages!” shit?

No, I won't. And the fact that you think we should ignore it is appalling.

And the Obama administration built that detention facility, but it did not separate families, it did not detain children longer than 72 hours, and it did not make them drink from the toilet. To point out that facility was built by the Obama administration doesn't change the very real differences between the two policies.

by Anonymousreply 142September 16, 2019 1:36 AM

I get that some of you care which Democrat gets the nomination. I do too to a point. I want Warren but how can anyone say they will not vote for this or that Democrat. My guess is those of you who say that are phonies who really voted for Trump. No real Democrat of person with a shred of decency would not vote for whoever is the nominee.

I know this woman who is a registered Democrat only so she can vote for the Democrat she thinks will most likely lose to the Republican. In generals she votes R straight down the line, every single time, for decades. So being a registered Democrat means nothing. It's who you vote for that counts an no real D skip voting if Daffy Duck were the D nominee.

by Anonymousreply 143September 16, 2019 1:37 AM

[quote] And again, my job is to spoon-feed opinions to you because?

You are aware this is a thread where people are having a political discussion? Is it not OK to question your candidate, but OK to question mine (assuming Biden is "my guy," even though he isn't)?

by Anonymousreply 144September 16, 2019 1:38 AM

Is nobody going to mention that the clip is 2 years old? It's actually from 2017 and is being resurrected now to try to hurt Biden.

And not surprisingly, when I do a Google search for "Biden" and "Corn Pop," the first two links that come up are Fox News and the Washington Examiner.

by Anonymousreply 145September 16, 2019 1:39 AM

[quote] “Not dead” doesn’t mean competent to be running the most important country in the world.

But Trump is more competent than she is or was? You are actually making that argument?

by Anonymousreply 146September 16, 2019 1:40 AM

R132 You are correct. That poster should’ve stated that Trump is putting people of all ages in CONCENTRATION CAMPS. Fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 147September 16, 2019 1:41 AM

Then stay home, dumb fucks. Who the fuck needs you? Have a tantrum, pull your hair (if you have any left), hold your breath. We'll win without you and your cheap, lazy identity politics. "Oh, I'm so cool - I'm only going to vote for a black woman. I'm so enlightened." Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 148September 16, 2019 1:43 AM

Lol 75 new replies and can't see any of them, give it up trumpy shit eater.

by Anonymousreply 149September 16, 2019 1:44 AM

Biden, Warren, Sanders, Trump - what’s with America and their obsession with wanting some old ass over 70?

Jesus can we at least get someone under 50?

by Anonymousreply 150September 16, 2019 1:46 AM

I also feel that Hillary harbors a fantasy of being a convention compromise choice.

by Anonymousreply 151September 16, 2019 1:47 AM

Okay, didn't know that's an old video clip.

Still. A compelling reason what the GOP will throw at Biden if he's the candidate.

by Anonymousreply 152September 16, 2019 1:49 AM

Biden is the front-runner because has almost all of the black support.

Can anyone explain what blacks are seeing when they look at this ancient white man that’s making them all line up behind him??

by Anonymousreply 153September 16, 2019 1:52 AM

If that's an old clip that means he's even WORSE today because he sure as hell isn't getting any better mentally. The old fuck's got dementia. I wouldn't be surprised if, at the next debate, instead of bleeding from the eye he drops his pants and takes a shit onstage.

by Anonymousreply 154September 16, 2019 1:52 AM

A vote for Biden is a vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 155September 16, 2019 1:55 AM

r153, Because he was Obama's VP. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 156September 16, 2019 1:56 AM

R153

Jonathan Capehart did a story about attending his extended family's annual summer barbecue this year, and the talk of politics. There seems to be a feeling that only a white man can beat Trump, self-loathing to many of us but that's unfortunately where some voters are coming from. As it stands now, they are convinced that a woman or non-white candidate (or both) is too risky a proposition.

by Anonymousreply 157September 16, 2019 1:56 AM

Too many idiots. Not enough napalm.

*sigh*

by Anonymousreply 158September 16, 2019 1:59 AM

R153 the “black vote” is more concentrated on the east coast, so Kamala Harris is unknown. Furthermore, the “black vote” is older and more conservative, so woke white candidates aren’t making much of a splash. In addition, Warren’s claims to American Indian heritage hurt her with black voters who feel people are either black or white and trying to be something else is inauthentic.

The average woke white person simply doesn’t interact with enough black people to realize these things.

by Anonymousreply 159September 16, 2019 2:02 AM

[quote]The old fuck's got dementia. I wouldn't be surprised if, at the next debate, instead of bleeding from the eye he drops his pants and takes a shit onstage.

I am worried about something like this happening as well.

by Anonymousreply 160September 16, 2019 2:03 AM

" If there’s not a woman topping the Democratic ticket, I’m staying home. I want to vote for CHANGE. Not the status quo."

If You think Harris represents change for no other reason than she has a vagina then you shouldn't be voting at all.

by Anonymousreply 161September 16, 2019 2:05 AM

Warren is everything that Hillary wished she could have been.

by Anonymousreply 162September 16, 2019 2:08 AM

[quote]#Kamalawful is a world-class cunt. Her record is appalling.

Even on a modern record player such as the Lenco GL57?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163September 16, 2019 2:16 AM

Any black voter who supports Biden after his performance at this last debate is a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 164September 16, 2019 2:22 AM

[quote]in your heart you know he doesn't have the qualifications or experience to the POTUS.

As if the current Bloviator in Chief does...

by Anonymousreply 165September 16, 2019 2:25 AM

Okay, positive reasons to support my candidate, Elizabeth Warren:

She's got a coherent plan for every aspect of American governance, and she has plans in place to fund all of them.

She connects with voters, doesn't talk down to them.

Wall Street is completely terrified of her.

She doesn't sound like Grandpa Fucking Simpson when she speaks.

There. Four reasons, you lazy trolling bitch. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 166September 16, 2019 2:26 AM

It's not too late for her to transition.

by Anonymousreply 167September 16, 2019 2:34 AM

R166 I predict a character assassination coming your way from the Hillitariat.

by Anonymousreply 168September 16, 2019 3:02 AM

Some of you queens that think ex Republican warren has a chance are delusional, did the 2016 election not teach you shit? No woman is being elected in the next 20 years. Biden may not be as great as Obama but he would be a vast improvent over Donald rump. Are you queens going to act like the childish burntards and not vote if warren doesn't get the nom?

by Anonymousreply 169September 16, 2019 3:18 AM

At least he's not giving away his family pet.

by Anonymousreply 170September 16, 2019 3:34 AM

[quote]Some of you queens that think ex Republican warren has a chance are delusional, did the 2016 election not teach you shit? No woman is being elected in the next 20 years. Biden may not be as great as Obama but he would be a vast improvent over Donald rump. Are you queens going to act like the childish burntards and not vote if warren doesn't get the nom?

"No woman WHO IS HILIARY CLINTON is being elected in the next 20 years."

There. Fixed it for 'Ya.

by Anonymousreply 171September 16, 2019 3:48 AM

America despises Hillary Clinton, r171. It doesn’t take Russians to accomplish that. It doesn’t mean America hates all women. Half the country going so insane over someone who doesn’t deserve it is so insane to me.

by Anonymousreply 172September 16, 2019 3:57 AM

I think what confuses people, and fans the flame of this Russian paranoia to some extent, are the voters who up until the final couple of weeks were very soft Clinton supporters in the polls, dreading the idea of voting for her but convincing themselves they could do it. In the end they realize they just couldn't stand for years of her, opting incorrectly for Trump that he might grow up in the job.

What's absolutely incredibly depressing now is that any time a Democrat loses an election by a close margin, it's automatically stolen.

by Anonymousreply 173September 16, 2019 4:33 AM

R173 Or, because the media insisted Hillary was such a shoo-in, enough people figured they didn't need to get up off their ass and vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174September 16, 2019 4:41 AM

Hillary did not fall down those steps. She was perfectly healthy on that mild September day and was upright the whole time. Biden's teefs did not pop out at the debate. He did not tell am rambling and barely coherent story about hair creme and Esther Williams. Reality is what I.want it to be. The Russians hacked into voting machines in the last election. Braaaaah. We're going to win!

by Anonymousreply 175September 16, 2019 5:55 AM

[quote] Hillary did not fall down those steps. She was perfectly healthy on that mild September day and was upright the whole time. Biden's teefs did not pop out at the debate. He did not tell am rambling and barely coherent story about hair creme and Esther Williams. Reality is what I.want it to be.

Nope, reality is that all that stuff did happen. Reality is also that nonetheless, both HRC and Biden would be one trillion times more competent as president than the current orange debacle. Reality is that while I'd prefer Biden NOT get the nomination, if he does, any liberal or progressive who fails to vote for him is an irresponsible, self-indulgent twat.

by Anonymousreply 176September 16, 2019 6:05 AM

Biden is never going to make it through the primaries. He has no business running. We need to move on and find a younger vibrant candidate.

by Anonymousreply 177September 16, 2019 6:09 AM

It's not progressives you need to worry about twat. It's everyone else who might vote Democratic who areb watching Grandpa Simpson and saying "Trump's bad but he's not that bad."

by Anonymousreply 178September 16, 2019 6:10 AM

He needs to retire.

by Anonymousreply 179September 16, 2019 7:39 AM

Biden is too fucking old, too out of touch, and I don't care how 'likeable' he is, or what a good guy you think he was 50 years ago, but right now, today, he's unfit for the office he is seeking, and if he had any self-awareness and self-respect, he'd retire and leave leadership of this country to the next generation... to people who don't create word salads every time they speak.

by Anonymousreply 180September 16, 2019 7:44 AM

Electing Biden would almost be as bad as electing Trump due to the damage it would do to the Democratic Party in the long run - nobody wants a one-term president who accomplishes nothing. Far better for Trump to fuck it up for the ages and get a real candidate in 2024.

The people who would vote for Biden are just as bad as the people who would vote for Trump - uninformed, fearful, who just want theirs. They want to be comfortable. But there are much greater issues than never Trump. Why should I have to go along with the status quo? Doesn’t my vote count to? Biden is not getting my vote so y’all better pick someone else to get behind - someone with ideas!

by Anonymousreply 181September 16, 2019 10:42 AM

If Biden wins, the GOP will come up with a young, flashy candidate in 2024 and... well, it's going to be tough.

by Anonymousreply 182September 16, 2019 10:49 AM

Joe is likeable.

But his time has long passed.

As the other posters above warn, electing Joe would be very dangerous for the country.

by Anonymousreply 183September 16, 2019 5:19 PM

Joe is likeable.

But his time has long passed.

As the other posters above warn, electing Joe would be very dangerous for the country.

by Anonymousreply 184September 16, 2019 5:19 PM

[quote]Electing Biden would almost be as bad as electing Trump due to the damage it would do to the Democratic Party in the long run - nobody wants a one-term president who accomplishes nothing. Far better for Trump to fuck it up for the ages and get a real candidate in 2024.

[quote]The people who would vote for Biden are just as bad as the people who would vote for Trump - uninformed, fearful who just want theirs.

Agree R181.

There are SIGNIFIGANT issues to be addressed, and Biden does not have the fortitude - nor the interest (as he's so caught up in " the good ' ole days of cronyism government which is an era that is quickly evanescing into outright corruption).

As shocking as it sounds, Trump might be a better choice than Joe as at least the wound of America's grift would be exposed for all to see. Joe might try to paper it over with some superficial plastic surgery (or extra white dentures!) while the necrosis was festering below the surface all the while America is lulled into delusions that everything "looks nice" (like propped up Joe, himself!)

by Anonymousreply 185September 16, 2019 5:31 PM

Lol Biden is not getting your vote if he's the nominee, than fuck off and fuck you. You can enjoy 4 more years of rump.

by Anonymousreply 186September 16, 2019 9:51 PM

There's always the Greens for progressives. Vote for them.

by Anonymousreply 187September 16, 2019 10:10 PM

I don't think he necessarily has dementia. It may just be the garden-variety cognitive decline you would expect from a man in his late seventies.

by Anonymousreply 188September 16, 2019 10:13 PM

Speak for yourself, R188

by Anonymousreply 189September 16, 2019 10:18 PM

We can't afford another 4 hours of Trump either financially, environmentally, socially or emotionally. Biden isn't my first choice or second for that matter, but one can hope he will surround himself with people that will pull him in the direction this country needs to go. We have a lot of good candidates so lets not fuck this up.

by Anonymousreply 190September 16, 2019 10:24 PM

[quote]and if he had any self-awareness and self-respect, he'd retire and leave leadership of this country to the next generation..

He doesn’t have any self-awareness... exactly the same as Hillary Clinton. It’s his turn this year, and that’s all that matters to him.

by Anonymousreply 191September 16, 2019 10:51 PM

Washington Post:

There really was a ‘Corn Pop’ — but critics cast doubt on Joe Biden’s oft-told story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192September 16, 2019 10:54 PM

[quote]I think what confuses people, and fans the flame of this Russian paranoia to some extent, are the voters who up until the final couple of weeks were very soft Clinton supporters in the polls, dreading the idea of voting for her but convincing themselves they could do it. In the end they realize they just couldn't stand for years of her, opting incorrectly for Trump that he might grow up in the job.

Also, Hillary acted so fucking entitled. She deserved that Presidency, and thought it was beneath her to have to campaign for it.

She didn’t want to spend any time in states she considered “deplorable”, and would rather hang out with her Hollywood and Wall Street friends.

Her attitude and sense of entitlement turned SOOOO many people off from voting for her, even those who didn’t want Trump either.

by Anonymousreply 193September 16, 2019 10:55 PM

No offence intended, R189. I shouldn't have generalised. I've known people Biden's age who are fully compos mentis.

by Anonymousreply 194September 16, 2019 11:14 PM

*4 years

by Anonymousreply 195September 16, 2019 11:41 PM

I just don't believe these threads about the different candidates with people saying they won't vote for this one or that one. WTF is wrong with these people? Are they just assholes or are they evil and really want more Trump or both or what! It kills me that some intelligent and good people in some states are having their votes taken away from them and these people, just about the worst people there are still have this right and then might not even use it or use it to vote again for someone who will destroy finish the destruction of this country.

by Anonymousreply 196September 16, 2019 11:53 PM

Hopefully Warren will become the nominee and we won’t have to deal with the shitshow that a Trump-Biden race will become.

by Anonymousreply 197September 17, 2019 12:00 AM

The Biden is just as bad a rump idiots sound exactly like the hillary and rump are both bad and evil turds. It's 2015-2016 all over again.

by Anonymousreply 198September 17, 2019 12:05 AM

The Biden is just as bad a rump idiots sound exactly like the hillary and rump are both bad and evil turds. It's 2015-2016 all over again.

by Anonymousreply 199September 17, 2019 12:05 AM

[quote]The Biden is just as bad a rump idiots sound exactly like the hillary and rump are both bad and evil turds. It's 2015-2016 all over again.

As mentioned above, does kinda seem like Biden is stepping into Hil's place.

It's déjà vu all over again.

by Anonymousreply 200September 17, 2019 5:13 AM

No, goddammit, R187. THAT'S HOW WE GOT TRUMP.

Only fucking morons vote 3rd party in the general election.

by Anonymousreply 201September 17, 2019 5:20 AM

Fuck you, sexist asshole at R193.

No. She worked hard for that position, and she was easily the most qualified, hard-working, capable, competent, and knowledgeable person to ever run for the office.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 202September 17, 2019 5:22 AM

[quote]Only fucking morons vote 3rd party in the general election.

That's your opinion, R201. When twiddle-dee and twiddle-dum are running in the general election, Scooby Doo looks much better.

Many countries have third parties, by the way. And they serve an important service. If the Dems can't run a decent candidate (Hils and Joe, here's looking at you!), that's a reflection on THEM.

Do not place that responsibility on THE VOTER.

Oh, and by the way, the reason we "got Trump" was a bit more complex than you simply make it out to be. The ills that the U.S. government is now showing were there long before Trump appeared. He's certainly magnified them, but he would not be where he is today, if people were happy with their leaders.....and/or candidates before he came along.

by Anonymousreply 203September 17, 2019 5:38 AM

It's not an opinion, it' as mathematical fact, R203.

We use Plurality Voting in this country, which is a deeply flawed voting method that is ONLY accurate when there are EXACTLY two choices. Third parties can become spoilers, splitting the majority, and allowing the LEAST desired candidate to win.

See 2016, where Jill Stein votes were just enough in MI, WI, and PA to give Trump those states, and the win, even though he got a minority of votes.

Countries that have VIABLE 3rd parties, do not use Plurality Voting, but they use a Condorcet Voting Method, something like ranked-choice voting, that doesn't suffer from the spoiler effect.

Since you didn't know this, you've proven to me and the rest of the DL that I was correct, and you're a smug, self-absorbed moron who is perfectly willing to throw vulnerable people under the bus and enable GOP wins by voting 3rd party in the general.

I mean this from the bottom of my heart: Fuck you. Do better next time.

by Anonymousreply 204September 17, 2019 5:45 AM

[quote]Do not place that responsibility on THE VOTER.

It is ABSOLUTELY the voter's responsibility. What fucking bullshit is this? It's part of the RESPONSIBILITY of a citizen in a participatory democracy like our American Democratic Republic.

It's your JOB to be informed, and to vote for the best candidate FOR THE COUNTRY. This isn't a fucking reality TV show, goddammit.

by Anonymousreply 205September 17, 2019 5:46 AM

Claiming Hillary was a bad candidate is the absolute height of sexist ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 206September 17, 2019 5:47 AM

People voted for Jill Stein not because they liked her... but because both other candidates sucked.

The Democrats need to do better and nominate trash candidates if they expect to beat Trump. Biden isn’t the answer.

by Anonymousreply 207September 17, 2019 5:49 AM

People who thought BOTH candidates Sucked were ignorant (sexist) morons.

Anyone who went through the trouble of voting and WASTED their vote on an unviable fraud like Jill Stein are even bigger morons.

Hillary Clinton is one of the best candidates to run for President in the last 50 years. Even Obama said so.

Trump is the worst person, the most unfit and unqualified and incapable and corrupt person, to run for President in … EVER.

There's no contest. The choice was as clear and stark as it could have possibly been.

If you voted for Jill Stein, or you stayed home because you didn't think it mattered, YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON THAT HELPED DESTROY THIS COUNTRY. I'd say "shame on you" but clearly you have no capacity to feel shame.

by Anonymousreply 208September 17, 2019 6:02 AM

R204,R205,R208

I will not waste further time in discussing this topic with you:

BECAUSE YOU SHOUT.

Because you name-call and attack others who differ in opinion.

Because your arguments are unsound.

And you can defend Hiliary until the cows come home. Your arguments - like Hiliary - are now irrelevant.

What's important to me is my choice. And that is none of your business.

by Anonymousreply 209September 17, 2019 6:36 AM

[quote]People voted for Jill Stein not because they liked her... but because both other candidates sucked.

Trusting the Dems will have learned from the Clinton debacle of 2016.

And not nominate Biden.

by Anonymousreply 210September 17, 2019 6:53 AM

How can voting for Jill Stein. a WOMEN, be sexist? The person making such statements is obviously a troll.

by Anonymousreply 211September 17, 2019 7:09 AM

[quote] How can voting for Jill Stein. a WOMEN, be sexist? The person making such statements is obviously a troll.

Yes R211.

A virulent, nonsensical troll.

by Anonymousreply 212September 17, 2019 7:44 AM

I believe Hillary pays twats to post on social medua.

by Anonymousreply 213September 17, 2019 9:21 AM

[quote]I will not waste further time in discussing this topic with you...

... because you can't argue against facts. There's no point in trying. So yeah, you should shut right the fuck up with your bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 214September 17, 2019 1:34 PM

R193 Yep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215September 17, 2019 1:37 PM

R210, the "debacle" wasn't Hillary Clinton.

The "debacle" of 2016 was the unprecidented GOP Voter suppression in the wake of the gutting of the Voting Rights Act.

The "debacle" was the sexist double-standards in the media and how talking heads (later exposed as misogynist assholes) treated Hillary vs. Trump.

The "debacle" was the unprecidented attack on the United States by a hostile foreign power, undermining our election integrity and our democracy, all of it utterly welcomed by one of the two major parties.

The "debacle" was the unprecidented nothing-burger Comey letter just 10 days out from the election that was completely unjustified and which provably swung the election in Trump's favor OVER NOTHING.

The "debacle" was that in spite of all this, the vastly superior candidate won 3 million more votes, but "lost" the election because the Electoral College refused to do the only job it was ever intended to do, and that was save us from a populist demagogue.

The "debacle" is how ever since, sexist assholes want to put 100% of the blame for a stolen election on Hillary Clinton, lying about her being a "terrible" candidate while ignoring all the unprecidented headwinds she faced.

The "Debacle" of 2020 will be people not learning anything from all of this, and just sitting home or refusing to vote for the Democratic nominee (whoever he or she is) in order to oust the criminally corrupt, incompetent, traitorous Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 216September 17, 2019 1:39 PM

[quote]How can voting for Jill Stein. a WOMEN, be sexist?

Seriously?

You're either dumb or just willfully blind. Throwing your vote away on a completely unviable woman in order to prevent a qualified woman from actually winning is definitely sexist... and listening to the reasons most Stein voters gave for their vote proves it.

by Anonymousreply 217September 17, 2019 1:40 PM

[quote]I believe Hillary pays twats to post on social medua.

You're a tin-hat conspiracy theorist, and just really stupid if you actually think that.

by Anonymousreply 218September 17, 2019 1:41 PM

R218 needs to educate himself before he makes even more of a fool of himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219September 17, 2019 1:43 PM

How I picture many of you:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220September 17, 2019 1:49 PM

Hillary the war monger would have been worse. She was practically salivating over a war with Russia. America needs to stop with the war shit. Defend yourself if attacked but the stay the fuck out of other people's dramas.

by Anonymousreply 221September 17, 2019 1:53 PM

Why do we have to keep rehashing Hillary's loss? What turned me off and I'm sure a lot of voters, we warned you about Hillary's negatives and many people ignored our concern. It wasn't the diehard dem voters you needed to worry about, but the swing voters that just couldn't vote for Hillary. You can bitch all you want that Trump had negatives too, but they decided to go with the devil they didn't know. Check your fucking egos at the door and get behind whose policies can get the independents and moderate repubs to vote for.

I was listening to Anand Giridharadas the other day and he said he had been privately messaged from repub operatives. They already have an arsenal against Biden if he gets the nomination. Quit bitching that Trump makes gaffs too because his supporters don't see his gaffs, but glaring see the gaffs of his opponents. And if you don't vote you have no reason to bitch about anything since you have chosen not to participate in making the changes necessary.

by Anonymousreply 222September 17, 2019 1:56 PM

R222 Because certain people have nothing to contribute to any thread outside of RUSSIA! RUSSIA! RUSSIA!

by Anonymousreply 223September 17, 2019 2:00 PM

*glaringly

by Anonymousreply 224September 17, 2019 2:05 PM

R217, it's only not sexist if you vote for the woman I say vote for. He would deny you the right to vote if he could.

by Anonymousreply 225September 17, 2019 3:08 PM

[quote]Throwing your vote away on a completely unviable WOMAN in order to prevent a qualified woman from actually winning is definitely sexist....

Sexist: n. A person who discriminates on grounds of sex; someone who practises sexism.

[quote]You're either dumb or just willfully blind

Thank you R217. You've beautifully demonstrated your own projection: you obviously do not know anything about sexism and instead are Trolling others with your Zombie Hiliary-bot opinions.

"You're either dumb or just wilfully blind."

by Anonymousreply 226September 17, 2019 3:52 PM

R210 Yes the "debacle" of the 2016 election was even parodied here in Australia.

Spend all your energy defending her, if you like. The prerogative is yours.

Certainly there are questions regarding the election. But bottom line for history will show Clinton lost to one of the most inept, corrupt leaders in US history.

That speaks volumes about her as a (poor) candidate.

by Anonymousreply 227September 17, 2019 3:58 PM

Mook admitted that he cut corners on data collection that gave the campaign somewhat flawed data, leading them to think they were doing better than they were on the ground. Moreover, some of her support was very soft; voters realized that she was (intellectually) qualified, didn't like her much, but told pollsters they preferred her as the lesser of two evils, but just couldn't bring themselves to vote for her, accounting more for staying home and skipping pres/3rd party.

Back to Biden, he's being propped up based on his poll numbers. Anyone willing to supply numbers as to how he's doing among white voters only? This will sound completely racist on the face of it, and you all can feel free to start a go fund me for my designer Klan robe collection, but the Democrats seem to have a general election nominee issue regarding lockstep black voting especially in Confederate primaries where the general election is a foregone conclusion. I hope I'm wrong and that SC returns are more diverse than Biden swamping the others.

by Anonymousreply 228September 17, 2019 4:51 PM

Anything that takes votes away from the main Democrat running is a dangerous way to act out your frustrations, voting 3rd party, not voting, writing in a name, anything. I get that you might not like the chosen candidate. I could not stand Hillary, but I still voted for her. Without a doubt if you do anything but hold your nose if you have to and vote for the chosen Dem nominee will be a vote for Trump.

And please, no matter what else you do, if there is a Democrat running for the Senate in your area, at least vote for that person. If Trump loses he will be stopped but if we have a Democrat run Congress and Senate Trump will be stopped too. It's very important to vote for every Democrat running for Senate.

by Anonymousreply 229September 17, 2019 6:49 PM

[quote]Are you queens going to act like the childish burntards and not vote if warren doesn't get the nom?

Speaking of textbook projection...

by Anonymousreply 230September 17, 2019 10:47 PM

[quote]The Biden is just as bad a rump idiots sound exactly like the hillary and rump are both bad and evil turds.

Since you sound like you're around twelve, I'll explain it to you s l o w l y.

Biden is a terrible presidential candidate. He's senile. He's severely prone to gaffes. Trump's attack dogs will eat him alive.

There's 18 other candidates, some good some bad. He's not the only person who can beat Donald.

This isn't complicated.

by Anonymousreply 231September 17, 2019 10:52 PM

[quote]Hillary Clinton is one of the best candidates to run for President in the last 50 years. Even Obama said so.

If Obama really believed that, he would have stepped aside in 2008 and let her be the nominee, instead of beating her.

by Anonymousreply 232September 17, 2019 11:55 PM

[quote] People voted for Jill Stein not because they liked her... but because both other candidates sucked.

Let's see. The two major party candidates suck, so I will vote for a third-party candidate who sucks even worse (than HRC, anyway). Yeah, that's a really sensible decision.

by Anonymousreply 233September 18, 2019 6:18 PM

[quote]Fuck you, sexist asshole at [R193]. No. She worked hard for that position, and she was easily the most qualified, hard-working, capable, competent, and knowledgeable person to ever run for the office.

Chill, r202. Yes, HRC would have made an excellent president, but no, she was not very good at campaigning for the job.

by Anonymousreply 234September 18, 2019 6:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!