Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Castle Rock' Season 2

Now with Lizzy Caplan, Robin Weigert, Tim Robbins, Alison Wright, Elsie Fisher.

[quote]Misery arrives. 😈

October 23rd on Hulu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 14, 2019 3:45 AM

Season 1 thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2019 10:56 PM

I loved Bill’s cute ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2019 10:58 PM

Sorry, the first season was too boring and inert.

Not going back!

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2019 12:09 AM

Yeah, apart from The Queen episode, it was pretty boring and they botched the ending.

It's an anthology though, so maybe they'll course correct?

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2019 12:18 AM

So annoyed there is a completely new cast.

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2019 4:04 PM

Full trailer.

I'm... not really feeling it? Perhaps it's just a bad trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2019 6:38 PM

Not gonna watch. Why the hell they fired Garrett Hedlund?

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2019 6:39 PM

Not gonna watch. Why the hell they fired Garrett Hedlund?

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2019 6:39 PM

Because he sucked ass in those scenes he shot, that's why. Of course, they were diplomatic about it and said he "didn't fit with the showrunners' creative vision."

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2019 6:44 PM

Sigh. I loved The Queen episode as well but little else. I also have a hard time watching Robin Weigert in anything after she treated me like I was a nobody after I worked with her.

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2019 6:46 PM

MY Robin Weigert treated someone like shit? Say it ain't so! 😥

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2019 6:50 PM

I watched the entire, first season BORED OUT OF MY MIND.

Sissy Spacek and her boyfriend had some heartfelt moments and Alzheimer's is a bitch. But the show was entirely action and event-free. I am NOT coming back for seconds of minutia.

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2019 7:10 PM

This show is the poor man's STRANGER THINGS, which many parties are ripping off these days. Just watch the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2019 7:11 PM

Anyone watched the premiere? I didn't think it was anything special... until the last ten minutes or so, which featured one of the most disturbing scenes I've ever seen.

I do enjoy Caplan in this role.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2019 1:01 AM

Four episodes in and I'm already enjoying this much more than the first season. The script is tighter and Lizzy's character is simply amazing when that adrenaline kicks in.

by Anonymousreply 15October 31, 2019 2:38 PM

So, is anyone watching the second season?

by Anonymousreply 16November 3, 2019 5:18 AM

I’ve finally caught up and I agree with R15. It’s much tighter.

At first I thought all the Somalis in Maine were a stretch, yes on a show where the supernatural exists, but I guess there are more Somalis in Maine than you’d think!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 4, 2019 2:42 AM

I'm watching and I love this season, but miss eye candy Bill Skarsgard.

by Anonymousreply 18November 4, 2019 12:29 PM

I have mixed feelings at best about King’s horror. He sets up great horror concepts but his execution is often groanworthy.

As a result I’m not a reader of his fiction. I get the sense that CR is very meta, very insider to the King universe, and unless you’re a regular reader you’re sort of left outside.

It’s a shame — I adore Lizzie Caplan and would love to see her in a new series.

by Anonymousreply 19November 4, 2019 12:36 PM

I use this guide to help me with the references and Easter eggs in the show. I don't feel like I'm missing much, but I forgot who Ace Merrill was, oopsies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 4, 2019 6:02 PM

Never read a single thing by King and don't mind (or care) that I'm missing the references. I'm enjoying the show just fine without them.

by Anonymousreply 21November 4, 2019 6:05 PM

I loved the whole S2 'fall in a hole with a corpse and crawl your way up through a sewer to a basement in a house once inhabited by a vampire' sequence; it was like a dream one has after eating pizza before bed.

by Anonymousreply 22November 4, 2019 6:10 PM

That's a perfect description, r22!

by Anonymousreply 23November 6, 2019 3:12 PM

Merci!

by Anonymousreply 24November 6, 2019 8:35 PM

Not normally the biggest fan of flashbacks, but man this one was done so well. I was intrigued the whole way through and felt for every single character, which is crazy and never happens to me. All the actors were great and Robin Weigert's depression face at the end was just... something else.

Loving this season.

by Anonymousreply 25November 12, 2019 1:37 PM

Exquisite badness, Leonard Pinth?

by Anonymousreply 26November 12, 2019 3:04 PM

Really wished they would have saved the Jerusalem's Lot zombies/reincarnation for another season. That storyline is boring me.

Lizzy Caplan is great. That girl from Eighth Grade is also pretty great, I hope her skin doesn't prevent her from having a good career, she seems quite promising.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 15, 2019 12:35 AM

Yeah, the zombie plot doesn't really mesh well with Lizzy's arc. Like watching two different shows. But man is her arc well-written. So much better than that mess last season.

by Anonymousreply 28November 15, 2019 12:52 AM

So, hunky/creepy tow truck guy moves to the 'Salem's Lot Barlow mansion because it previously housed a vampire, or did the vampire move there because it had old Egyptian tombs in the sewer/basement? i read the book and saw the TV movie years ago, but forget the connection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 16, 2019 11:54 PM

I want to like this show so much more than I do.

by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2019 2:46 PM

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKK

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!

by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2019 4:20 PM

I'm so upset that no one else is watching/commenting. No one I know watches this show except you guys here on DL.

I did NOT see the end coming. I was kind of preoccupied while watching, but I screamed and almost fell over at the big reveal.

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2019 4:22 PM

This episode was amazing. Man, I enjoyed so much that French was being spoken through most of it. The ending blew my mind; I thought for sure he was done with this show.

I can't see the French priest in the IMDb credits and he was so hot.

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2019 4:45 PM

Same r33, I loved the French and thought he was done with Castle Rock. Loved that Tim Robbins was back in Shawshank also!

by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2019 4:51 PM

Finally managed to track down that damn guy who plays Pastor Agustin - Canadian actor David Alpay.

No girlfriend in sight and has teamed up with Cameo earlier this month "in the fight to end AIDS." 👀 His Twitter bio is just a link to his Cameo page; I stan an enterprising queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2019 5:09 PM

I swear to god one single person somewhere outside of the English-speaking world writes all these fan-made bios online. They are always badly written frau fantasies, without exception.

[quote]He has kept his personal life very low profile. He might be a married man and might have a wife (spouse) but details about it is not available right now. He might be unmarried and dating a girlfriend too. As very less information is available on his personal issues and affairs, no random guesses should be made. Going through his Instagram account, he has posted few pictures with very good looking people. He might be dating one of them and the ladies (one of them) might be his girlfriend.

[quote]The woman in this picture is really gorgeous and if they are really dating, they make an amazing couple. He has also uploaded this picture with two very good looking woman. Is he dating one of them? It is not easy to confirm though. He has captioned this picture as, "capping off an amazing day..." Going into his Instagram profile in deep, it seems like he is really dating her and she is his girlfriend (the first picture). He has posted another one with her and he has captioned this one as, "Sometimes..."

[quote]He has a very impressive net worth of 1.1 million dollars. He has worked very hard in his portrayals in TV shows and movies and this has given him amazing income. He has been paid from mega TV series. He was part of a TV series called The Tudors and the series has 8.1 ratings from IMDb and 69 percent ratings from Rotten Tomatoes. The series has 8.7 ratings from TV.com.

😩 And please tell me those are Canadian dollars? Because I just might kill myself otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2019 5:14 PM

He's gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2019 6:32 PM

Yeah, and he looked even more amazing as that pastor. He could call me un pédé and convert me into his cult any time he wanted. 💅

So New Jerusalem is located somewhere in New England, correct? But there were also French settlers there? Man, I gotta brush up on my early US history... 😬

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2019 6:49 PM

Wow it sounds like the same people who write scam emails wrote that bio.

by Anonymousreply 39November 23, 2019 9:57 PM

R38 FYI the first colony in Maine was actually French!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 26, 2019 10:22 PM

Lizzy Caplan was a very inspired choice to play Annie Wilkes and I have to say she doesn't disappoint.

I find this season much better overall than last season, although I might give last season a re-watch to see if I can re-evaluate it given how this season is turning out.

Or not. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 41November 30, 2019 9:25 AM

I love Lizzie Caplan but Stephen King is such a hack I don't think I will bother.

by Anonymousreply 42November 30, 2019 10:01 AM

Caplan's facial expressions, her walk, and her arm movements are amazing to watch. Man, she turns into a BEAST when it's time to protect her daughter, doesn't she? And want a showdown between her and Bill Skarsgård now.

by Anonymousreply 43November 30, 2019 10:06 AM

Trains regularly passing for half an hour, thereby diving a city into two... for half an hour at a time - is that a thing in real life? At that speed? What the hell are they transporting? 🤯

Caplan as Wilkes remains mesmerising.

by Anonymousreply 44December 6, 2019 3:14 AM

I hate the Jackie Torrance plotline. It degrades The Shining, which is one of King's best works, and is stupid when used in the show. It sounds like the ending is setting up for her to go to the Overlook, which doesn't make sense, because in King's book the hotel is reduced to ashes at the end. If they decide to go off of the Kubrick film the outcome will be even worse. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 45December 6, 2019 3:57 AM

One more episode? Will Skaar make n appearance? ?Will the French body snatchers all get burned up? Will this series end, or leave another cliffhanger?

by Anonymousreply 46December 6, 2019 8:24 PM

Can I skip Season 1! I wasn’t whelmed.

by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2019 10:48 PM

Season 1 is good back story for #2.

by Anonymousreply 48December 6, 2019 10:49 PM

No, don't skip it because you'll be robbed of the reveal this season. But yeah, it's a slog compared to this season.

by Anonymousreply 49December 6, 2019 10:51 PM

Season 1 has Sissy Spacek. That should be enough to intrigue any sentient being.

by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2019 7:46 PM

^^This.

And I can't believe Frances Conroy came back for those couple of lines. What a pro. I wonder if she'll appear in the season finale.

by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2019 7:53 PM

One can hope.

by Anonymousreply 52December 7, 2019 8:11 PM

I had no idea what that first half of the finale was all about as it got so convoluted towards the end. I did enjoy the second half and the transition into Misery.

by Anonymousreply 53December 13, 2019 5:28 PM

Lizzy really overacts in this. Like she's chewing all the scenery.

by Anonymousreply 54December 13, 2019 5:29 PM

I loved that. I was unnerved every time she was on screen, just like you're unnerved around people with serious mental disorders.

by Anonymousreply 55December 13, 2019 5:32 PM

Well, they tied that up in a bow. Origin story for 'Misery,' Skaarsgard demon thing just fades away, "Later, bitches!" and Castle Rock's residents are like, "Whu happened?" How convenient.

by Anonymousreply 56December 13, 2019 5:53 PM

I think I'm throwing the towel in for this show. There are moments that were great (Lizzy Caplan!!!!!), but what a messy, disorganized show.

by Anonymousreply 57December 14, 2019 3:42 AM

Yeah, the execution is shockingly messy. They need a better showrunner, I think.

by Anonymousreply 58December 14, 2019 3:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!