Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone watching Castle Rock?

Any good?

by Anonymousreply 108February 4, 2019 12:53 PM

I've watched 2 episodes and it's amazing. Bill Skaarsgard is fine as hell too. Not to mention plays the part perfectly.

Great casting all around.

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2018 3:37 AM

So R1 Who is Henry Deaver in the King multiverse? I havent read a book in years?

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2018 3:50 AM

Henry Deaver doesn't appear in King's writing.

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2018 3:52 AM

Does anyone know how many episodes in total the series will be? Three were released yesterday on my Hulu package.

I am also watching the "Inside the Episode" after each episode. They talk about how Skaarsgard prepped for this role. Very interesting!

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2018 12:35 PM

The only character who's been in other books so far is Sheriff Pangborn though there have been references to other works in the voiceover.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2018 12:47 PM

What about Mr. Mercedes, is anyone into that? It gets good reviews.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2018 12:53 PM

Is it all just tease to King's horror/psychological terror stuff or is there a real monster or supernatural threat going on?

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2018 1:18 PM

Is Mickey from Shameless a regular? If so I'll give it a shot

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2018 1:51 PM

Yes, Mickey from Shameless is a regular.

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2018 3:30 PM

R7, possibly supernatural but we don't know yet. Love how Shawshank prison is featured so much in the show. Reverences to the warden in Shawshank Redemption, a character with the last name of Torrence (as in The Shining). Lots of little references to his novels.

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2018 4:36 PM

Forgot to add, I binged the three released so far and it's a good series even if you've never read a King book.

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2018 4:37 PM

The ending to that 3rd episode was spooky!

by Anonymousreply 12July 27, 2018 3:00 AM

I loved it. Mr. Mercedes is also really good. REALLY amazing performances.

by Anonymousreply 13July 27, 2018 3:36 AM

I want to suck Bill Skarsgard's big dick. He's sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 14July 27, 2018 4:44 AM

There have been references to Cujo, The Body (Stand by Me) and Sheriff Pangborn was in Needful Things.

Sissy, obviously, was in Carrie and Skarsgård was in IT.

by Anonymousreply 15July 27, 2018 4:50 AM

It part 2 is coming Sept. 6th. I think Tim Curry made a better Pennywise.

by Anonymousreply 16July 27, 2018 11:00 AM

Oh, Sept. 6th 2019. They originally said it'd be out this year.

by Anonymousreply 17July 27, 2018 11:03 AM

I wonder if Henry is the actual Devil and Bill Skarsgård plays the one who can kill him (and Dale led his prisoner to his destiny by giving him Henry's name)? Or Dale Lacy (Terry O'Quinn) made a terrible mistake and imprisoned the wrong kid?

by Anonymousreply 18July 27, 2018 3:08 PM

R18 that’s what I was thinking. Bill is some kind of avenging angel sent to level the town.

by Anonymousreply 19July 30, 2018 1:57 AM

He already gave his disgusting cell mate cancer to avoid being hurt, he really could wreak havoc on that town. It would be so hot!

I want to know what would have made Dale kill himself however.

by Anonymousreply 20July 30, 2018 3:07 AM

I love it. Great cast. Wish it was a book.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2018 1:37 AM

I'm impressed by Noel Fisher (Mickey from Shameless). Love the empath.

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2018 2:34 AM

Where can you watch Mr. Mercedes ?

by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2018 2:44 AM

On behalf of the town where it is filmed, I hope it gets renewed and renewed and renewed.

by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2018 10:32 PM

Some kind of thing called AT & T. My Dish doesn’t have it. Apparently it is on 2nd season.

by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2018 11:37 PM

Not enough Bill Skarsgaard in this episode! I wanted more.

by Anonymousreply 26August 2, 2018 2:03 AM

I want him naked.

by Anonymousreply 27August 2, 2018 2:39 AM

W & W, r27!

by Anonymousreply 28August 2, 2018 2:41 AM

I love the show. Fantastic in every respect. I would also like to see a book spinoff.

by Anonymousreply 29August 3, 2018 1:14 AM

Already a thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 3, 2018 1:24 AM

I guess there is some sort of cult where kids are being kidnapped and prepared to fight the Devil. I assume Henry was supposed be one of them, but escaped the "training".

by Anonymousreply 31August 3, 2018 2:53 PM

Wow, I was not expecting that young prison guard to end up like that. I liked him and was hoping he'd have more screen time.

by Anonymousreply 32August 4, 2018 8:13 PM

Don't get lost in @CastleRockHulu, check out this updated interactive map of key places in Stephen King's Maine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 10, 2018 12:50 AM

Cute butt! I love Bill.

by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2018 1:22 AM

Why do they keep referring to Bill’s character as a kid? He looks 25. How old is he supposed to be?

by Anonymousreply 35August 10, 2018 1:41 AM

Here are the Stephen King Books that inspired the show's creators

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 12, 2018 9:39 PM

This show is fucking awesome. I hope it is a huge success for Hulu because it is excellent. As a King fan, it's loaded with fun inside references and I would adore it if they did a full-out NEEDFUL THINGS at some point as a 10-episode series. I love the approach of it being a sequel/counterpart to the stories we know and not just an amalgam of the stories mashed up together. It's 75% original, if not more, which is risky and ballsy of the creators. They pulled it off. Also, Bill Skarsgaard is killing it in this role - perfection. I hope it runs for 10+ seasons... the creators have said they plan on each season being a different King "style", with SHAWSHANK/GREEN MILE being this year's vibe... they have 7 mapped out so far, apparently. Bring it on!

by Anonymousreply 37August 12, 2018 9:50 PM

Nothing stays dead in this town. Castle Rock will return for a Season 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 15, 2018 3:16 AM

Like it a lot so far. Andre Holland, Melanie Lynskey, Ann Cusack, Spacek and Scott Glenn are excellent, especially Cusack and Holland. Skarsgaard and Jane Levy are the weakest links. Hope that the good-hearted prison guard and the kind warden get a few more acts.

by Anonymousreply 39August 15, 2018 8:29 PM

I know that technically a lot happened in Episode 6, but I still feel like it moved too slow. I haven't stopped loving the show, but I don't like when all the action happens at the end. Also, I forget what happens from week to week because I'm actually pretty busy and my mind gets filled up with life things. The entire season should have been released all at once. Waiting a week between episodes is too long.

by Anonymousreply 40August 16, 2018 1:42 AM

Episode 7, “The Queen,” caught me totally off guard. An absolutely beautiful episode of television. Completely unexpected. Sissy will definitely be nominated for an Emmy, and may just win. This episode alone puts this show in contention for best show of the year. The final moments were totally heartbreaking, and the use of Max Richter’s music (also used at the end of Arrival) was perfect. This episode took the show to a whole new level I’m not sure it will be able to sustain, but wow, it was terrific to see.

by Anonymousreply 41August 25, 2018 3:48 AM

I agree, r41. I loved this episode. Sissy Spacek was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 42August 25, 2018 4:04 AM

It’s devastating (especially “The Queen”), and it works because the actors are so fucking skilled here. That said, it is difficult to watch sometimes because all I can think about is what flavor Skaarsgard might be...

by Anonymousreply 43August 25, 2018 7:53 AM

When he gave that little hint of a smile after she asked him to make her breakfast.....*swoon*

by Anonymousreply 44August 25, 2018 11:26 AM

R41, I agree completely. Great episode of television. Spacek should win an Emmy for it.

by Anonymousreply 45August 25, 2018 9:31 PM

Agreeing with everyone above. I was very close to losing interest in the show after episode 6 (I was NOT feeling the two kooks in the woods and the bad acid trip stuff with André Holland), but I sat in staring slack-jawed wonder throughout episode 7. FWIW, I chiefly watch Castle Rock for André, and I didn't even notice his absence.

by Anonymousreply 46August 25, 2018 9:38 PM

Another Hulu thing?

When will I be able to watch Hulu stuff but not on that piece-of-shit platform?

by Anonymousreply 47August 25, 2018 9:55 PM

Do any of you Stephen King fans remember SLEEPWALKERS?

Remember how they kept playing that old, vinyl recording of Santo and Johnny's "Sleep Walk?"

IT WAS THE CREEPIEST THING EVER!

Now CASTLE ROCK is playing an old vinyl of the "Blue Moon" by Elvis Presley.

I'm calling this an Easter Egg / King reference!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 26, 2018 6:11 AM

I’ve been drugged up on cold meds and watched The Queen last night. I didn’t understand the ending at all. Did she shoot Alan for real at one point and was living in a fantasy world or is she somehow able to “rearrange” time? You can call me Rose if you want.

by Anonymousreply 49August 27, 2018 10:09 AM

She shot Alan for real at the end. The final, lingering shot of the chess pieces clues us in that this is "real time", not her memories.

by Anonymousreply 50August 27, 2018 11:35 AM

Yes, she shot Alan and he died. It seemed that she then willfully slipped into her dream world with Alan at the end.

by Anonymousreply 51August 27, 2018 3:02 PM

Thx. I hate to see him die though.

by Anonymousreply 52August 27, 2018 5:39 PM

Really poignant acting with Spacek and that Scott Glenn fellow tonight.

HEART BROKEN!

by Anonymousreply 53August 28, 2018 7:40 AM

The new episode is great. I stlll want to know what's happening with Bill's character.

by Anonymousreply 54August 29, 2018 12:31 PM

This show continues to amaze me... so well done and a plethora of easter eggs for King fans. I cannot wait to see how it is all wrapped up. I wish DL embraced it more, but there is absolutely no gay content so I guess there's little interest.

by Anonymousreply 55August 30, 2018 11:23 PM

R55, there was Bill’s cute little ass.

by Anonymousreply 56August 31, 2018 12:56 AM

This show is so slow and meandering... Only after the tedious prison plot ended did it start to get interesting with the dark family/town secret as the central mystery/drama.

by Anonymousreply 57August 31, 2018 8:54 PM

I'm enjoying this show, but man, it sure leaves a lot of plot tendrils just dangling out there with no resolution or completion. Sloppy.

by Anonymousreply 58September 1, 2018 4:57 AM

This week's episode was so disappointing after last week's. This show's tone is all over the damn place.

by Anonymousreply 59September 3, 2018 1:43 PM

I agree with R57. I am a huge S. King fan, but this is soooo slow. And sort of too everywhere but here.

Mr. Mercedes? AWESOME.

Get rid of cable and get directvnow streaming app. 40 bucks a month, you get audience (Mr. Mercedes) and live tv. Not to mention you can record, and see on demand. Cable cannot beat it one bit.

by Anonymousreply 60September 3, 2018 2:09 PM

If Henry deacon would stay the fuck home half this shit wouldn’t be happening

by Anonymousreply 61September 4, 2018 3:21 AM

The last episode really irritated me. All I could think was why he keeps getting himself stuck in jams and always going off half-cocked alone. Who the fuck just shows up in someone’s basement to poke around completely unprepared for getting caught. It’s really a weak plot contrivance. Seems they are setting up for his son to get killed too.

I wrote the above comment in annoyance very late at night after watching and was half asleep.

by Anonymousreply 62September 5, 2018 5:07 PM

R62 The show is a mess. Drawing out the mystery around "the Kid" for way too long that people start losing interest. And what ever happened to the dead warden/prison side of the story? Then they throw in random characters like the "mute" guy and the murder house couple who just get killed off anyway. With only 10 episodes, do they even need to add in bloody filler material?

by Anonymousreply 63September 5, 2018 6:21 PM

I will watch anything with Bill Sarsgard now.

My eyes will be basically glued to his ass for the rest of his life. PINGIN' CUTIE!

by Anonymousreply 64September 5, 2018 10:23 PM

R64 They oversold Bill's presence on this show. He's barely in many of the episodes. And he barely spoke in the early ones.

by Anonymousreply 65September 5, 2018 11:02 PM

R64, I agree! I adore him and his cute little naked butt.

by Anonymousreply 66September 5, 2018 11:16 PM

Bill has a really nice ass, and his cock, although uncut, is even better. I've not had the chance to watch episode 9 yet, but I saw talk on FB that he has a bigger presence in this one, and that Noel Fisher, Dennis the correctional officer, is back.

by Anonymousreply 67September 6, 2018 12:02 AM

R67, have we actually seen his cock? I’ve seen a full frontal scene he did but I thought he used a prosthetic in that.

by Anonymousreply 68September 6, 2018 12:05 AM

I'm only at episode 5, but so far, I'm not impressed. I don't mind a slow burn, but it has to be more interesting than this (Sharp Objects is a good one). The only characters I'm somewhat interested in is the one played by Melanie Lynskey and Sissy Spacek's boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 69September 6, 2018 12:49 AM

R69 Sad to say, it doesn't get much better... you get more of the Deaver family secret after the Kid got out of prison. Ep 7 is a standout for Sissy's acting and the stronger writing, but it goes back to mediocre after that.

by Anonymousreply 70September 6, 2018 1:10 AM

It is beginning to seem like a bad acid trip.

by Anonymousreply 71September 7, 2018 5:44 PM

I love this show so much, but I'm worried they aren't going to tie everything up in a satisfactory way... especially since it's a one-season story. I assume the final ep will be 60+ minutes and provide great storytelling and acting as it has all along, but next season needs to up the ante on the horror factor and supernatural aspect if they want it to be a long-runner and keep the King fans. Hopefully, NEEDFUL THINGS will play a major part and they will keep the actors they have, otherwise I'm worried. Skarsgard and Spacey, especially. It needs to be more high octane than it is to survive (esp with AHS still running).

The Skarsgard/IT fans were out in full force at NYC Comic Con and he's clearly the most loved of the series... if they keep him onboard, I think it has potential.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 8, 2018 2:30 AM

^Spacek, not Spacey... but, then again, if they want a real horror show...

by Anonymousreply 73September 8, 2018 2:32 AM

[quote]It is beginning to seem like a bad acid trip.

Agree. I can't tell where the show is heading and the flashbacks are confusing me. Molly was shot in the stomach in the recent episode even though the cop shot in the air and she is fine in present day.

As R70 mentioned episode 7 was excellent. They used the chess pieces to show what was happening and eventually Sissy Spacek's character choosing not to return to reality. I think I would have made the same decision. It should have been the last episode. The next two feel like filler.

by Anonymousreply 74September 8, 2018 12:20 PM

Molly shot in the stomach was an alternate reality Molly.

An alternate reality in which black Henry Deaver was white Henry Deaver.

In which Noel Fischer was not dead.

In which Spacek and Glenn were living together in Florida.

In which Molly was shot in the stomach.

by Anonymousreply 75September 10, 2018 11:32 AM

I gave up on it after five episodes. It's so boring. It looked great initially but didn't keep up the pace.

by Anonymousreply 76September 10, 2018 12:00 PM

I don't see how anyone thinks this show is boring. I love the characters, the acting and actors, the storylines that are coming together, and the scenery! It's definitely holding my interest.

by Anonymousreply 77September 11, 2018 3:23 AM

The finale was an apropos wrap-up and very appreciable to fans. Obviously "The Kid" will be back, ditto Henry Deavers. Curious to see them pop up in future seasons.

But, that post-credits tag for next season being set at the Overlook... best moment of the series. So in. Bring it.

by Anonymousreply 78September 12, 2018 5:51 AM

Delbert Grady R78, you old so and so?

by Anonymousreply 79September 12, 2018 5:06 PM

Nooooooo, why is my Bill back in a cage???? This is a sin and I don't care if he the devil or an angel! Release him!!!!

by Anonymousreply 80September 12, 2018 9:59 PM

I had gotten over my Bill Skarsgård lust, but damn, this series brought it back full throttle. It must be something about tall, pale, skinny dudes that does it for me.

by Anonymousreply 81September 12, 2018 10:09 PM

Far too lugubrious, nonsensical and slow. I really wanted to like it, but found myself mentally checking out after the first few episodes.

Rather than compelling storytelling, CR's writers just seem hellbent on a confusing narrative.

by Anonymousreply 82September 12, 2018 11:56 PM

Its VERY Dark Tower...the weak points that suck you into parallel timelines....

A crossover with the Dark Tower stuff is completely possible.

by Anonymousreply 83September 13, 2018 12:21 AM

Unfortunately Mr. Mercedes is on some obscure Audience network so I can't see that. I should see Gerald's Game on Netflix, 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, but I remember the book and it was gruesome. Like how she gets out of the handcuffs.

by Anonymousreply 84September 13, 2018 12:23 AM

I need Bill Skarsgard in my bed, bare assed.

by Anonymousreply 85September 13, 2018 1:53 AM

I need Bill Skarsgård in my life, bare assed. Those eyes. Those lips. That ass.

by Anonymousreply 86September 13, 2018 2:50 AM

R83 Yes!! That's exactly what I thought when the pilgrim girl with the knife showed up in the woods!

by Anonymousreply 87September 13, 2018 1:02 PM

White Henry was luring black Henry into the woods to kill him. White Henry needs black Henry out of the picture so he can live without being tortured by the sound. White Henry's story was bullshit.

OR

White Henry's story is true and something has taken over his body and he needs black Henry to help him get his body and mind back and that's why he wanted him to go to the woods.

by Anonymousreply 88September 13, 2018 1:19 PM

OR

White Henry's story is true and he needed Black Henry to assist him in finding the door to the universe in which White Henry was a happy, well-adjusted individual with a nice life.

by Anonymousreply 89September 13, 2018 1:29 PM

I'm guessing White Henry can convince Black Henry to let him out by driving him crazy,but not crazy enough to kill himself. Being that he needs Black Henry to help him open that door back to his nice life world.

by Anonymousreply 90September 13, 2018 7:46 PM

why did a sinister old man appear when the Kid looked up?

by Anonymousreply 91September 13, 2018 10:05 PM

That is a very good question, r91. Up until that point, we were sort of led to believe that The Kid was a victim and that he was inherently good. Now we see that something evil may have taken over or that he is actually evil and just playing the victim. If you are a Stephen King fan, you know the answer is not simple.

by Anonymousreply 92September 13, 2018 10:22 PM

Everyone said the kid never aged. Maybe the reality is catching up to him.

by Anonymousreply 93September 13, 2018 10:26 PM

I suppose an answer could be that his powers and malicious was the result of something hitchhiking a ride on him when he crossed over...

by Anonymousreply 94September 13, 2018 10:37 PM

Or it could be due to writers who couldn’t plot themselves out of a wet paper bag if their lives depended on it.

by Anonymousreply 95September 14, 2018 11:36 AM

Except, of course, in this case it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 96September 14, 2018 12:36 PM

Doesn’t Skarsgard look like a young Peter Murphy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 14, 2018 1:39 PM

A little, but Skarsgård is way hotter.

Hopefully season 2 starts filming soon. Did they film Chapter 2 of IT yet?

by Anonymousreply 98September 14, 2018 8:52 PM

The smile at the very end... He is the devil and the sinister old man is his true form.

by Anonymousreply 99September 14, 2018 9:21 PM

I had a hard time putting together the kid, the noise in the woods, and the time shifting. How were they all connected?

by Anonymousreply 100September 14, 2018 9:29 PM

The last episode reminds me of Stephen King's "Storm of the Century" where the characters are trapped on an island with a demon during a blizzard.

There's easter eggs in the show for King's readers. The final scene with the WKIT 100.3 sticker on the laptop is a radio station in Bangor, Maine owned by Stephen and Tabitha King. Also, while I can't find it as an easter egg the kid that looks over Jackie Torrance’s laptop reminds me of a young Lance Kerwin from "Salem's Lot".

by Anonymousreply 101September 21, 2018 12:17 AM

by Anonymousreply 102September 21, 2018 12:43 AM

I dont get how Skarsgaard is hot. He is average looking, maybe below. Pretty sure I see much hotter dudes on the subway.

by Anonymousreply 103September 21, 2018 7:44 PM

They don't make easter eggs like they used to.

by Anonymousreply 104September 21, 2018 11:11 PM

I’m not following it.

by Anonymousreply 105November 12, 2018 10:25 AM

Weird to see Melanie Lynskey described as a MILF. She’s reasonably attractive but she is as mousy as ever in this role.

by Anonymousreply 106November 22, 2018 1:16 AM

Is Jane Levy the love interest of the main guy?

by Anonymousreply 107December 1, 2018 10:51 AM

Andre Holland is hotter than Bill.

by Anonymousreply 108February 4, 2019 12:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!