Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It's Beto, bitch.

Another thread for DL's Beto O'Rourke supporters. Nazi punks fuck off!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295October 10, 2019 5:51 PM

Previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 31, 2019 1:18 AM

How long until this one goes behind the paywall??

by Anonymousreply 2August 31, 2019 1:26 AM

Amen!! Thanks for starting the new thread.

by Anonymousreply 3August 31, 2019 4:12 AM

OMG! The other thread maxed out?

I just watched Beto eat a hot dog on twitter. He ate half of that wiener in one bite. Two bites and he was done with the sausage.

Clearly, we must explore those hidden talents of his...

by Anonymousreply 4August 31, 2019 4:41 AM

Beto continues to impress.

by Anonymousreply 5August 31, 2019 5:58 AM

Go Beto go!

by Anonymousreply 6August 31, 2019 5:59 PM

He should start giving speeches in rhyming couplets. Then people would see his talent.

by Anonymousreply 7August 31, 2019 6:20 PM

I need to see him do better in debates before I have more confidence in his ability to win the WH. He has gotten a bit of his mojo back.

One of the biggest things he has going for him is he excites the base but doesn't scare moderates.

by Anonymousreply 8August 31, 2019 6:23 PM

Texans love Beto. He should run for Senate against Cornyn next year. I bet he'd win.

by Anonymousreply 9August 31, 2019 6:26 PM

Next he'll be whipping it out on stage. (Like that other Texan LBJ.)

by Anonymousreply 10August 31, 2019 6:36 PM

^^^ Troll talking point. Texans love Beto so damn much, they want him to be President.

by Anonymousreply 11August 31, 2019 6:48 PM

R8 Why use 30-second soundbites from the reality show formatted mess of the debates to judge a candidate? They don't show anyone to a good advantage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 31, 2019 6:51 PM

“So let us be clear: Texans want Beto O’Rourke in the White House. With him at the top...we can finally turn Texas blue and...guarantee that Donald Trump never darkens our doorstep again.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 31, 2019 6:57 PM

Well, a Texan rando said it on Twitter....This whole thread is an exercise in lol trolling.

by Anonymousreply 14August 31, 2019 7:11 PM

Let's see how Beto actually does in, you know, actual votes, before we assign him Veep status. Texas is one state, if he's barely blipping elsewhere, what's the big deal?

I'm not a fan of Castro, but if that's who she wants, I'm OK with it.

by Anonymousreply 15August 31, 2019 8:14 PM

Castro is a stronger choice for VP than Beto. He brings a lot more than Texas to the table.

by Anonymousreply 16August 31, 2019 8:18 PM

Castro brings nothing to any table. He's insipid and a non-entity.

by Anonymousreply 17August 31, 2019 8:54 PM

Castro brings Hispanic votes to the table and possibly Texas. He brings a direct connection to the Obama administration and probably Obama into the fight.

by Anonymousreply 18August 31, 2019 8:57 PM

Hey Pete...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 31, 2019 9:22 PM

Another West Texas mass shooting. Great news for Beto.

by Anonymousreply 20September 1, 2019 1:47 AM

Poor Beto is dependent on mass shootings for a boost these days. Maybe it actually bodes well, though, in the sense that this shit keeps happening.

by Anonymousreply 21September 1, 2019 1:52 AM

Beto is PKSSED. I love it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 1, 2019 5:14 AM

Holy fuck... this is why I’m voting for Beto. A democrat with balls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 1, 2019 5:31 AM

R21 how’s Pete doing in the Hamptons this weekend? Has he scmoozed enough Wall Street goons yet? Meanwhile Beto is literally out clip boarding for dems in deplorable county Virginia

by Anonymousreply 24September 1, 2019 7:29 AM

Beto was just on CNN with Dana Bash (who is no friend to Democrats).

He is also scheduled to be on Joy Reid at 10:30 AM this morning.

by Anonymousreply 25September 1, 2019 1:36 PM

Did Beto make the next debates?

by Anonymousreply 26September 1, 2019 2:47 PM

This is great. I love how she points out that Beto cares more about issues than being President.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 1, 2019 3:00 PM

Yes, Joy Reid is hot for Beto. Bitch is a complete cunt to many others (who she's not hot for). Very objective. Sounds like DL.

Beto is polling between 0-1% in most states that are not Texas. Even in Texas, he's been #2 (after Biden) in all but 1 (unrated) poll. Why do you think he'll be an asset as VP nominee again?

by Anonymousreply 28September 1, 2019 3:36 PM

And yes, his thing is now to say "fuck" in some variety or other whenever a mass shooting happens. Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with people (including candidates) cursing on the daily, but it can't become your catch word for shootings. Seems a little contrived.

by Anonymousreply 29September 1, 2019 3:38 PM

I don't understand why Beto hasn't caught hold more with the electorate, especially in Iowa. No one can compete with him with connecting with people.

by Anonymousreply 30September 1, 2019 4:11 PM

People are stupid and easily swayed by the media and peer pressure. Also, he does well with independent voters who don't get counted in polls.

I have personally witnessed a few people move to Beto recently due to his strong, no waffling stance on gun control.

by Anonymousreply 31September 1, 2019 4:29 PM

I'm supporting Major Pere cause I'm gai. But am giving Beto a 2nd look because of gun violence.

by Anonymousreply 32September 1, 2019 4:34 PM

Uncle Joe has the same inevitability as Trump had in '16. He's made every gaffe but it's not hurting his poll numbers. Best hope for Robert Francis is to make sure he doesn't piss him off like Kamala did. It's all about the veepstakes now.

by Anonymousreply 33September 1, 2019 5:04 PM

Beto dropped the f bomb live on CNN. I love him.

by Anonymousreply 34September 1, 2019 5:45 PM

The pearl clutchers are out in full force this moring over Beto swearing. Crying about how it’s not “presidential. It’s a new generation of politics. We’re tired of relics of the past like Biden, Bernie, Pelosi, etc.

by Anonymousreply 35September 1, 2019 6:27 PM

[quote] Crying about how it’s not “presidential.

Absolutely sickening given that we have the equivalent of a shit-flinging baboon in the White House at the moment, a baby shot IN THE FACE, and THIS is what the media chooses to focus on. As if we needed any more proof of the anti-Beto bias.

Fuck 'em.

by Anonymousreply 36September 1, 2019 6:31 PM

If you care about gun violence, you should be voting for Harris. She’s been the strongest and clearest on the issue. She’s promised to enact gun reform within 100 days via Executive Order if Congress doesn’t pass it by that time.

by Anonymousreply 37September 2, 2019 12:27 AM

[quote]Yes, Joy Reid is hot for Beto. Bitch is a complete cunt to many others (who she's not hot for). Very objective. Sounds like DL.

Joy has been dickmatized by Beto. She can’t stand Mayor Pete.

by Anonymousreply 38September 2, 2019 12:33 AM

R38 she cant stand any gay man. She is a homophobe and MSNBC should be ashamed for still employing this ugly cunt.

by Anonymousreply 39September 2, 2019 12:45 AM

R38 she cant stand any gay man. She is a homophobe and MSNBC should be ashamed for still employing this ugly cunt.

by Anonymousreply 40September 2, 2019 12:45 AM

Oh wow. Beto is so brave. He said fuck. He is so insincere. He's taking advantage of these horrible events to get some face time on every show. Saying fuck is one way to do it.

by Anonymousreply 41September 2, 2019 1:06 AM

How’s Moscow this morning?

Beto needs to keep talking about guns like this. I think we’re all starting to wake up.

by Anonymousreply 42September 2, 2019 4:56 AM

Not only that, R41. They're selling a t-shirt with his latest "fuck" slogan. It was clearly planned for the next mass shooting for the last few weeks. This is his "I was that little girl" slogan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 2, 2019 5:20 AM

R43 100% of those sales are split between moms demand action and march for our lives. Try again. The campaign benefits NOTHING from that. You sad person.

by Anonymousreply 44September 2, 2019 5:29 AM

My dream ticket would be Beto/Pete. I love them both. I know I have no say in it though.

by Anonymousreply 45September 2, 2019 6:15 AM

R43 is a deplorable

by Anonymousreply 46September 2, 2019 6:47 AM

Did Beto go and get even better-looking?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 2, 2019 8:15 AM

He may have had a subtle face lift.

by Anonymousreply 48September 2, 2019 11:16 AM

Just for that, I'm buying TWO of those shirts R43, you pathetic little twat.

by Anonymousreply 49September 2, 2019 12:45 PM

Yeah, Beto looked delicious all day yesterday. Outrage is hot on him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 2, 2019 3:42 PM

It would be a great idea if he'd run for—and win—a Texas senate seat. Beto, are you reading this? Mind you, I'd get cable television again if he were president, but strategically, he might make a better senator.

by Anonymousreply 51September 2, 2019 3:50 PM

Dear god R51 just shut up. He’s not running for senate. If he did he would lose. The only way a dem wins a senate race in Texas is if the top of the ticket carries the state. And only Beto has a shot at doing that.

by Anonymousreply 52September 2, 2019 4:02 PM

Agreed R51. He'd serve the country much better if he did that. He's just not interested in doing the right thing. We desperately need to win Senate seats. I would respect him if he did that.

by Anonymousreply 53September 2, 2019 4:09 PM

Damn, if even George can see the writing on the wall....

[quote] Frankly, when you think about it in that way, the nomination of @BetoORourke could obliterate the GOP in its current iteration.

This goes to show why assholes like R51 are shitting their pants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 2, 2019 4:17 PM

George Conway is a Republican shill. Of course he wants Beto as the nominee, because he’ll be easily beaten.

by Anonymousreply 55September 2, 2019 4:24 PM

Beto is NOT going to run for the Senate. He’s said it over and over again. There are several great candidates who are running to oppose Cornyn, including Air Force vet Mary Jennings “MJ” Hegar. People should be supporting one of them, instead of repeatedly raising a Beto Senate run as if they just had this sterling epiphany that no one had thought of before. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 56September 2, 2019 7:45 PM

He’s hoping to be the VP pick.

Just like Stacey Abrams who is also adamant that she’s not running for Senate from Georgia.

Both are going to be badly disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 57September 2, 2019 7:52 PM

If you want someone to drop out and run for senate, get that non-entity Julian Castro to drop out and run for that seat. He won't, of course, because he has absolutely no chance of winning anything other than mayor of San Antonio.

I agree that he can win Texas running as President but can't win it against Cornyn in the Senate. It's two completely different dynamics. I don't understand why that is so difficult to understand.

by Anonymousreply 58September 2, 2019 10:20 PM

The "Senate Trolls" don't give a rat's ass about the TX senate seat, they're GOP trolls (or threatened Pete stans.)

by Anonymousreply 59September 2, 2019 10:22 PM

R56 MJ Hagar's ads are an embarrassment. She needs to slap a blazer on and stand up straight. She looks like she's an edgy mom running for the school board (who will lose.)

by Anonymousreply 60September 2, 2019 10:29 PM

She's an 'edgy mom' who could likely kick most DLer's asses (mine included.)

by Anonymousreply 61September 2, 2019 10:33 PM

Beto needs another shooting soon. This one’s losing media momentum to the hurricane.

by Anonymousreply 62September 2, 2019 10:41 PM

R61 that doesn't come accross in the ads. She doesn't inspire confidence in the ones I keep seeing. More like an eyeroll.

by Anonymousreply 63September 2, 2019 11:01 PM

R37, there's nothing Harris can do about gun violence via Executive Order. Otherwise Obama would have done it. It's shit like that coming from her that makes me unwilling to support her.

by Anonymousreply 64September 2, 2019 11:29 PM

[quote] there's nothing Harris can do about gun violence via Executive Order.

My problem with Harris — as opposed to Beto — is that Elizabeth comes across as telling people that she has all the solutions already figured out: “I’ve got a plan for that.” In that sense she sounds like the school librarian instructing people on what they should do. That doesn’t play well.

Beto, on the other hand, has plans but makes what appears to be a genuine effort at listening to affected populations for their ideas and suggestions, thus investing people in the solutions. It is one of the reasons why he attracted so many independents in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 65September 3, 2019 1:09 PM

R65 I think you meant to say "Warren," but I get your point and agree. I've actually known a lot of real-life annoying librarians exactly like her.

Warren is top-down government, Beto tries to build solutions from the ground up.

by Anonymousreply 66September 3, 2019 1:57 PM

Thing is that I have run across a couple of folks who felt exactly that way about Warren's demeanor, but ended up saying that they'll strongly consider her over Trump this time anyway as the better alternative, and can live with her delivery style.

by Anonymousreply 67September 3, 2019 4:10 PM

Little miss piggy Meghan McCain was very mad at Beto on the view today because he wants to take her precious killing machines away. Even more of a reason to support Beto on this issue!

by Anonymousreply 68September 3, 2019 4:16 PM

Beto is never going to be President. The best he can hope for is VP. And the only way that’s going to happen is with a President Kamala Harris.

by Anonymousreply 69September 3, 2019 10:09 PM

R66 you are absolutely correct. I was speaking about Warren, not Harris. Apologies.

And, bottom line, I will support anyone over tRump. A stray cat would be better than the Dotard.

by Anonymousreply 70September 4, 2019 1:38 AM

I wish that Quinnipiac would check ALL of the Democratic candidates against Trump's numbers instead of just five of them. I can't imagine all of them wouldn't be ahead of him but just showing some of them makes it seem that the others, including Beto, aren't.

by Anonymousreply 71September 4, 2019 2:12 AM

Why would they check people who have no chance in hell, r71? You have to secure the nomination before you can beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 72September 4, 2019 3:51 AM

Climate town hall tonight on CNN. Beto's segment isn't until 10:30. Biden got the prime-time 8pm slot, though I cannot imagine that Joe has 20 minutes' worth of material on climate change.

by Anonymousreply 73September 4, 2019 1:18 PM

I didn’t realize that MSNBC is having another climate change forum on September 19/20.

by Anonymousreply 74September 4, 2019 2:43 PM

I didn't either; good to know as I'm sure CNN's will be a joke.

by Anonymousreply 75September 4, 2019 3:17 PM

He is polling at 1% in YouGov poll released today. Below Castro's 2%.

Kamala at 5%, Pete at 6%

by Anonymousreply 76September 4, 2019 3:18 PM

It’s really confusing why he’s polling so low. What has Castro done these past few weeks that’s been more impressive than Beto?

by Anonymousreply 77September 4, 2019 3:31 PM

I'm surprised, R76, but I think that it's due to too many reboots. It's unclear who he is as a candidate in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 78September 4, 2019 3:39 PM

For one thing, the polls themselves don't include every candidate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 4, 2019 3:47 PM

Fucking Yang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 4, 2019 4:25 PM

It’s not like Castro’s 2% is something to be impressed by.

by Anonymousreply 81September 4, 2019 6:17 PM

Yang...he's the one who wants to give everyone an uncircumcision, right?

by Anonymousreply 82September 4, 2019 6:23 PM

The "run for Senate" bots are out in full force again on Twitter today.

by Anonymousreply 83September 4, 2019 6:34 PM

If only he could get out of those pesky single digits in the polls! (Low single digits at that.)

by Anonymousreply 84September 4, 2019 6:35 PM

At least Gillibrand had the decency to drop the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 85September 4, 2019 6:36 PM

And then there's this mess.

"Anthony Shaffer, a member of President Trump's 2020 campaign advisory board, promoted the theory that the shooter had a Beto sticker on his truck (although he drove a car & then a postal delivery truck during the shooting)."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 4, 2019 6:39 PM

R83 it seems to be coming from the Biden camp today. Axelrod kicked it off this morning. You’ve got to feel for Beto. He’s trying his hardest to run and make the country better and everyone just throws him off to the wolves trying to bully him into a senate race he wouldn’t even win. I admit his chances of the nomination aren’t great but I’ll be with him until the end. His VP chances are much more likely.

by Anonymousreply 87September 4, 2019 6:56 PM

R87 Axelrod is part of the “Biden camp”?

Beto is a privileged, spoiled, self-indulgent self-absorbed dilettante. He’ll continue to live on his rich wifey’s money and do just fine once he finally does decide to drop out.

by Anonymousreply 88September 4, 2019 7:13 PM

I can't fathom why the DNC are so committed to backing losers. It's infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 89September 4, 2019 7:36 PM

R88 he is. He’s also very good friends with Pete. Hmmm.

I know, R89. It’s frustrsting but that’s why republicans always seem to win. The writing was on the wall for Hillary when she lost the Midwest to Bernie but they ignored that. The GOP is good at gathering around candidates that can win. They don’t care about optics or if the candidate sucks. Which of course is horrible but, they win. That’s why our courts are now stacked to the brim with 30 year old nut jobs.

by Anonymousreply 90September 4, 2019 7:47 PM

Malcolm Nance, another media twerp who was a "run for Senate" concern troll.....and Biden donor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 4, 2019 9:26 PM

So it’s a vast Biden-wing conspiracy against poor Beto?

by Anonymousreply 92September 4, 2019 9:27 PM

Best free baller bulge in politics.

by Anonymousreply 93September 4, 2019 9:28 PM

Beto better be doing everything he possibly can to make sure that Kamala Harris wins the nomination. That's the only possible way he could get near a Presidential ticket.

by Anonymousreply 94September 4, 2019 10:32 PM

Best Beto bulge pics?

by Anonymousreply 95September 4, 2019 10:42 PM

Even George Conway tweeting that Beto being the nominee could ruin the Republican party didn't seem to gain much attention. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 96September 4, 2019 11:01 PM

Wow. An absolute knockout performance on CNN tonight. Hopefully this Beto will show up in Houston next week. Easily in the top 3 performances tonight.

by Anonymousreply 97September 5, 2019 3:42 AM

If you missed it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 5, 2019 12:00 PM

Beto taking the Bolt bus from NYC to Boston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99September 5, 2019 3:34 PM

In the latest poll from Texas Biden is ahead of Beto by a couple of points. Important to note this poll was only of democrats and we know that Beto has large support from independents so I’d still give Beto the edge. Texas has open primaries as well so anyone can vote. Imagine how different this race would be if Biden wasn’t in it, sucking up 75% of the coverage. The MSM keeps trying to shove the “Biden is the only one who can beat trump” narrative down our throats and people are buying into it. His performance at the town hall last night was an embarrassment. He’s also going by the trump playbook of just completely lying to people about something that can be proven-he said he didn’t support the Iraq war when he was a huge champion of it and voted for it.

I really hope warren goes guns blazing on him at the next debate. Warren/Beto 2020!

by Anonymousreply 100September 5, 2019 4:15 PM

Is the guy standing next to Beto in r99 his assistant or just some random guy waiting for the bus? How much would I love to sit next to Beto for four or five hours going from NY to Boston. Do the buses have those blankets you can throw over yourself, in case he wanted to let me touch it?

by Anonymousreply 101September 5, 2019 4:35 PM

Beto looks HAWT!

The short guy with him is a pocket gay who used to be an aide to Jason Kander

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 5, 2019 4:50 PM

Thanks, r102. They do not look like two people who want to blow each other.

by Anonymousreply 103September 5, 2019 4:56 PM

Beto in baseball pants

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 5, 2019 6:16 PM

Damn. I hope people were watching that (but I fear they didn’t). He was exceptionally well prepared and gave thoughtful, intelligent answers in response to the questions. And those questions were often put to him by experts in the field. He was very conversant on all aspects of his climate change plan.

This was a much better format on order to see where the candidates stand on an issue; a town hall gives you some insight in what they would do in office. This is much better than a 90-second answer with people shouting over each other to score a point.

It would be great if he shines like this in the debate next week.

by Anonymousreply 105September 5, 2019 6:43 PM

R105 Share the YouTube link all over social media.

I wish the debates would give him time to shine, but the moderators always allow Warren and Biden take up all the time.

by Anonymousreply 106September 5, 2019 6:45 PM

CNN has about 3 viewers. All off them from this forum, I guess. Hahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 107September 5, 2019 8:02 PM

It’s on between miss piggy and Beto!! Beto called her out and she’s pissed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108September 5, 2019 8:05 PM

It’s on between miss piggy and Beto! She’s such a moron

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 5, 2019 8:05 PM

[quote]The writing was on the wall for Hillary when she lost the Midwest to Bernie but they ignored that.

R90, you have the wrong narrative. The writing was on the wall when the Dem party pushed for Bernie Sanders despite all the criminal activity his campaign was engaged in during the primaries: Hacking the Clinton Campaign in Nov. 2015, multiple FEC violations and fines for accepting foreign donations that they never disclosed, claiming their servers were lost when investigations rolled in, Putin stooges like Tad Devine leading his campaign and implementing Putin tactics in order to knock Clinton off the primaries, and knowing full well the Putin propaganda machine was aiding his presidential run.

by Anonymousreply 110September 5, 2019 8:32 PM

R110 = Hillbot refusing stages of grief.

by Anonymousreply 111September 5, 2019 10:51 PM

Meghan McCain is the biggest pig on two feet. She has no idea who she is messing with.

by Anonymousreply 112September 5, 2019 11:53 PM

Agree R112. The responses to her tweet that rake her over the coals are great.

by Anonymousreply 113September 6, 2019 1:07 AM

Bearded Beto. Yay or nay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 6, 2019 3:41 AM

Nay!

by Anonymousreply 115September 6, 2019 10:04 AM

I love beto so, such a good man.

give trump hell baby !!!!

by Anonymousreply 116September 6, 2019 10:10 AM

You know, I almost couldn't believe this tweet, but then I checked for myself -- Beto's LGBT plan is in-depth, Pete's is a couple of really vague bullet points. Really, Pete??

[quote] Just went to check to see if @BetoORourke had a coherent LGBTQ+ policy or if he would have to create one before 10/10. Of course it was more than coherent. It was spectacular. Decided to look at other candidate websites. Mayor Pete: Nothing, Biden: Zilch, Warren: Nada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117September 6, 2019 12:39 PM

Pete hasn't released his plan yet, jackass. If you haven't noticed, candidates release their detailed plans in installments, and they're usually strategically released before a certain event for maximum exposure. I'm sure Pete will release his before this forum. But keep kissing this hopeless, arm-flailing guy's ass over an actual (brilliant) gay man.

by Anonymousreply 118September 6, 2019 3:36 PM

I’m loving the Beto campaigns new war against Silicon Valley. Zuckerberg belongs in prison for lying to Congress

by Anonymousreply 119September 6, 2019 4:33 PM

R114, It gives us an idea of what his bush looks like.

by Anonymousreply 120September 6, 2019 5:21 PM

Beto's Communications Director, Chris Evans, has a serious man crush on him. If you watch the HBO documentary on Beto's Senate race, Chris is practically eye fucking Beto throughout it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 6, 2019 5:33 PM

Oh my, R117! You seem to have triggered a Mayo Pete troll with your recitation of actual facts.

Beto’s plans on the issues in this race are well thought out very well developed. They are comprehensive and detailed. He has produced them after consulting experts in the respective fields.

by Anonymousreply 122September 6, 2019 5:37 PM

R121 it was just announced that Chris is no longer communications director for the campaign, Rob Friedlander was promoted to the role. I wonder what the tea on that situation is. But yes, Chris is definitely in love with Beto but I am jealous he gets to spend every waking hour with him!

by Anonymousreply 123September 6, 2019 5:58 PM

I wonder if it breaks Chris' heart on a daily basis, getting to be that close to Beto, but not as close as he'd really like.

by Anonymousreply 124September 6, 2019 6:00 PM

Has Beto broken out of 0 to 0.5% yet ?

by Anonymousreply 125September 6, 2019 6:09 PM

In running for Beto, Chris reminded me of Anna Nicole smiths lesbian assistant who was in love with her. Chris is a qt and did a lot for Betos senate race

by Anonymousreply 126September 6, 2019 6:23 PM

Beto is indefatigable. He just seems to keep on going. Town hall after town hall.

Tonight Beto will be back on Late Night with Seth Meyers. Seth has already done an excellent interview with Beto a few months ago. He asks thoughtful, relevant questions. I wish other interviewers could take some clues from how well he conducts his questioning.

by Anonymousreply 127September 6, 2019 10:49 PM

R127, They book Beto for a Friday night?

by Anonymousreply 128September 6, 2019 10:56 PM

[quote]Beto is indefatigable. He just seems to keep on going. Town hall after town hall.

He should have a lot of time and energy, seeing as he has no job.

by Anonymousreply 129September 6, 2019 10:57 PM

He's got 400M that he got for his failed Senate campaign. Apparently there's more to being a leader than freeballing and hand gestures.

by Anonymousreply 130September 6, 2019 11:12 PM

Yes, R128, because no one cares about him.

by Anonymousreply 131September 7, 2019 12:47 AM

To revive his dying campaign, Beto drops an F-Bomb, takes a bus to Boston and still becomes a laughing stock at his townhall. People at his townhall are apparently laughing at him. I mean it won't take long for people to see how dumb you are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 7, 2019 2:33 AM

As if he embarrassing himself is not enough, he got his dumb as fuck wife (who is 10 times more dumber) on the road to campaign for him. LMAO. She was sitting in a restaurant with 5 or 6 old women talking how great a human Beto is. ROFL

by Anonymousreply 133September 7, 2019 2:35 AM

You anti-Beto trolls are so ridiculously over-the-top that you lose any modicum of credibility you may have had — and you had little to start with. People were not laughing at him and the linked article says nothing even remotely like that. Plus, he went right into the heart of Warren territory, where people were inclined to be naturally skeptical of any other candidates. One of those interviewed said she was there because Warren couldn’t be. Of course they were going to pedal that tired “he should run for the Senate” nonsense. However, as one participant said:

[quote] Despite attendees' hesitance about O'Rourke's qualifications for president, many did say they see a future for the former congressman. Adeline Bee, a member of the Massachusetts Democratic State Committee, said that while she has not decided who she will vote for, she’s been impressed with O’Rourke. [bold] “I’m looking for a team to beat Trump, and I think Beto may be part of that team,” Bee said. “He seems to be an honest person. He seems to be very much for people, and the little man as well. He’s willing to walk the walk and not just talk it. So, we’ll see what happens.” [/bold]

Being “part of the team” is completely inconsistent with the ridiculous notion that he was a “laughingstock.”

[quote] who is 10 times [bold] more dumber [/bold]

“More dumber.” 🙄

by Anonymousreply 134September 7, 2019 3:18 AM

R127, R128, It's a repeat, as are all Friday night "Late Night" shows.

by Anonymousreply 135September 7, 2019 3:38 AM

Trolls are so stupid. Ted Cruz cut an entire ad about Beto swearing. It was a full on right wing media assault. Very SAD that “democrats” are following their lead. You can love your candidate without getting into the gutter with right wingers. It’s mostly Warren and Mayo Pete supporters. Just sad

by Anonymousreply 136September 7, 2019 3:51 AM

R123 Chris is still with the campaign it seems. I’m sure Jen finally said enough is enough. Chris’ strategy was to ignore all media from Beto’s launch. Which was clearly stupid. He should have been fired months ago. Clearly Beto’s judgement clouded that decision. Glad Jen is there now to reign everyone in.

by Anonymousreply 137September 7, 2019 4:13 AM

[quote]Glad Jen is there now to reign everyone in.

rein

rein

rein

Or just say "Glad Jen is there now to reign."

by Anonymousreply 138September 7, 2019 4:46 AM

Is Chris gay?

by Anonymousreply 139September 7, 2019 4:46 AM

r136 What if our candidate is Trump?

by Anonymousreply 140September 7, 2019 4:59 AM

R132 needs help

by Anonymousreply 141September 7, 2019 5:12 AM

R133, Did she also inform them that Beto is a master at performing cunnilingus?

by Anonymousreply 142September 7, 2019 6:10 AM

R136 If Warren had been out there swearing, everyone would be posting "YAASSS QUEEN SLAY" gifs. Stupid cunts.

by Anonymousreply 143September 7, 2019 10:50 AM

And if Pete had been out there swearing, DL would be having a collective orgasm over what a masc alpha he is. Stupid cunts.

by Anonymousreply 144September 7, 2019 10:56 AM

He wasn't "swearing." It [italic]was[/italic] fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 145September 7, 2019 12:27 PM

most moral and hot of them all, beto has a bright future, will be running some day with mayor pete.

hot cocks rule!!!!

by Anonymousreply 146September 7, 2019 3:36 PM

Yaaas queens got my goat in the last campaign. I r remember one queen on FB arguing that Hillary's physical collapse and being thrown into a bus was good for her campaign. He was always Yaaas queening her.

by Anonymousreply 147September 7, 2019 3:57 PM

Beto should be PRAYING every day and night that Kamala Harris wins the nomination... as that is the only he could possibly come anywhere near the Presidential ticket.

by Anonymousreply 148September 7, 2019 7:59 PM

NH convention speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149September 7, 2019 8:16 PM

Kam is the new Hills, R147.

by Anonymousreply 150September 7, 2019 9:49 PM

[quote]Kam is the new Hills, [R147].

Kam isn’t a corrupt Wall-street shill who has unfavorable ratings above 50%. And she’s not under FBI investigation like Hills was.

by Anonymousreply 151September 7, 2019 11:54 PM

R151, But she has enough baggage back home in California to fill an American Tourister warehouse.

by Anonymousreply 152September 8, 2019 12:08 AM

R151 = Bernie Sanders.

Bitch, there is nothing corrupt about Hillary Clinton little troll.

by Anonymousreply 153September 8, 2019 12:11 AM

[quote]But she has enough baggage back home in California to fill an American Tourister warehouse.

Kammy doesn’t have three decades worth of scandals for the RNC to choose from, unlike a certain former First Lady from Chappaqua.

by Anonymousreply 154September 8, 2019 12:14 AM

[quote]Bitch, there is nothing corrupt about Hillary Clinton little troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 8, 2019 12:16 AM

My point was that the Fierce Diva worshipping crowd have both a goddess and a goddess-emeritus. Seamless transfer of passion.

by Anonymousreply 156September 8, 2019 12:30 AM

r151 r154 Hmm... unlike last time the voters have many other candidates who have little to no baggage

by Anonymousreply 157September 8, 2019 12:35 AM

[quote]Hmm... unlike last time the voters have many other candidates who have little to no baggage

The voters can choose between Biden, Sanders, Warren, and Harris... who are the top four, and the only ones who have a legitimate shot at being the nominee. Each of those four has baggage.

by Anonymousreply 158September 8, 2019 12:39 AM

Every national candidate has baggage. Bill Clinton had tons of baggage when we won the presidency.

And even if you genuinely have none like Obama, the GOP will make shit up like saying you weren't born in the US or are secretly Muslim. There is no perfect candidate. The goal is just to pick someone and unite every single democrat. Independents disapprove of Trump by like 25 points. Even if the Dem we nominated truly sucked those people are more likely to stay home than support that orange moron

by Anonymousreply 159September 8, 2019 12:57 AM

[quote]Even if the Dem we nominated truly sucked those people are more likely to stay home than support that orange moron

We nominated someone who truly sucked in 2016 and a lot of “those people” supported the orange moron.

Let’s do our best not to nominate someone who truly sucks this time around.

by Anonymousreply 160September 8, 2019 1:11 AM

Biden truly sucks.

by Anonymousreply 161September 8, 2019 1:12 AM

Polling at 0% in Massachusetts primary poll released today Suffolk university. Didnt this guy spend his time in Boston recently ? LMAO

by Anonymousreply 162September 8, 2019 1:21 AM

Released today by* Suffolk University

by Anonymousreply 163September 8, 2019 1:21 AM

There are some goddamned triggered trolls in here tonight. So many missing posts. Did that standing ovation in NH scare you, little shits?

by Anonymousreply 164September 8, 2019 1:23 AM

R159, "And even if you genuinely have none like Obama . . ."

Bill Ayers? Rev. Wright? Winning his Senate seat by having the divorce files of TWO of his opponents unsealed?

by Anonymousreply 165September 8, 2019 1:58 AM

[quote]There are some goddamned triggered trolls in here tonight. So many missing posts. Did that standing ovation in NH scare you, little shits?

He’s polling at zero percent. He needs to drop out. We’re not “goddamned triggered trolls” and we’re not “little shits” for pointing out the glaringly obvious truth.

by Anonymousreply 166September 8, 2019 2:24 AM

He was on fire with that speech. And that was a great speech, masterfully delivered.

by Anonymousreply 167September 8, 2019 3:03 AM

Blocking the troll @ R151, at this point you're just spamming Beto's thread with your Hillary hatred.

Chris Evans is a cute little pocket gay, but the Beto campaign is taking an offense approach and cute little Chris might lack that hard edge the Beto campaign is trying to showcase. IMO Beto is the favorite for that VP spot. You take Texas and Arizona and game over. Dems wouldn't even need the Midwest.

by Anonymousreply 168September 8, 2019 3:16 AM

Hmm, R168. The only Arizona poll (from May) shows Beto at 2%. No other AZ polls have come out. Show me 1 state besides Texas where Beto consistently polls above 2%. I'll wait. Don't delude yourself into thinking that he has a chance at the top or bottom of the ticket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 8, 2019 3:46 AM

R169 states tend to vote in blocks. There’s a near zero chance that Texas goes blue and Arizona doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 170September 8, 2019 4:13 AM

The beto troll is my favorite DL troll. He's never going to fuck you!

by Anonymousreply 171September 8, 2019 4:17 AM

Nice moment between the Pete/Chasten and Beto/Amy. Pic number 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172September 8, 2019 4:58 AM

I meant between Pete/Chasten not THE Pete/Chasten. oops.

by Anonymousreply 173September 8, 2019 4:59 AM

Yes! Where is the Beto/Pete fanfic thread when you need it?

by Anonymousreply 174September 8, 2019 6:09 AM

Pete's problem is that he wears underwear and his pants aren't tight enough. Hahaha Little Alvin. Beto's ok. Booker's better. But they're all nut jobs.

by Anonymousreply 175September 9, 2019 7:00 AM

Why are Beto fans coming for Pete?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176September 9, 2019 7:38 AM

Wow, that one post from one Twitter account sure shows that "Beto fans are coming for Pete."

by Anonymousreply 177September 9, 2019 10:04 AM

who wants to be mrs beto for a night and get shot full of his thick mancum….?????

by Anonymousreply 178September 9, 2019 12:12 PM

They do it all the time, r177. They can't stand the idea that Pete (who was virtually unknown) is ahead of Beto after Beto was anointed early on in the race.

by Anonymousreply 179September 9, 2019 3:36 PM

change Yo sheetz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180September 9, 2019 3:56 PM

Oh, please, R179, you make it seem as if this is one-sided. The Mayo Pete trolls have constantly posted negative comments about Beto. Hell, one of them even got red-tagged here.

by Anonymousreply 181September 9, 2019 4:20 PM

But Beto was born for this.

by Anonymousreply 182September 9, 2019 9:58 PM

I hope our Chrisy sucked Beto's cock before he was demoted. Poor thing, Beto needs an Alpha gay and Chris was not cutting it.

Pete is alright. I wish he had a hotter boyfriend though. Chanten just doesn't cut it. He needs a Matt Bomer or a Luke Macfarlane by his side.

by Anonymousreply 183September 9, 2019 10:27 PM

[quote]I wish he had a hotter boyfriend though. Chanten just doesn't cut it

Amen!

by Anonymousreply 184September 9, 2019 10:29 PM

It does crack me up that they call him Mayo Pete when Beto is the epitome of mediocre, entitled, straight white man.

by Anonymousreply 185September 9, 2019 10:34 PM

[quote]Beto is the epitome of mediocre, entitled, straight white man.

Plus gorgeous, and presumably quite dongful.

by Anonymousreply 186September 9, 2019 10:36 PM

r179, don't get too cocky (you know what I mean). Beto was ahead of Pete and Pete was a virtual unknown until Pete appeared at that town hall and said a few clever words; there the cult of Pete was born. If that hadn't happened, Pete would still be near the back of the pack. He just got very lucky.

And he won't be the nominee; not for president anyway, although vice president is always a possibility.

I have no real problem with Pete. In fact, about a year ago, I first read about him in a magazine article that was about him; long before he made any announcement about running for president. I found his intellect impressive and I still do, but being the smartest person in the room has little to do with who will win the presidency in the end, more's the pity.

Anyway, I have nothing against Pete, but some of his followers have gotten real arrogant and rude and I do have a problem with them; and unfortunately, their behavior does reflect badly on their candidate of choice.

by Anonymousreply 187September 9, 2019 11:30 PM

r187 Don't forget Beto also has a leftover $400M from his record breaking, Senate campaign, failure. And he's not even front runner for Prez. lmao.

by Anonymousreply 188September 10, 2019 2:29 AM

R188 Beto had 200k leftover from the unprecedented 80 million he raised during the senate race. He spent every penny. It was the most expensive senate race in history.

Warren is the one who had the huge war chest.

by Anonymousreply 189September 10, 2019 2:51 AM

Oh, ok. I stand corrected. $80M wasted. He'd make a better porn star.

by Anonymousreply 190September 10, 2019 2:55 AM

How much weed does Beto smoke daily?

by Anonymousreply 191September 10, 2019 6:58 AM

[quote]Oh, ok. I stand corrected. $80M wasted.

Bullshit, you were clearly just making shit up without any remorse.

by Anonymousreply 192September 10, 2019 7:16 AM

Good news from Beto camp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193September 10, 2019 12:51 PM

ABC News is doing a series where candidates sit down for dinner with undecided voters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194September 10, 2019 4:53 PM

r194 ^ Beto is a Fiestaware queen.

by Anonymousreply 195September 10, 2019 5:04 PM

I'm really curious to see how Amy would style the White House. I imagine we'd get Christmas trees that look like actual trees, for starters.

by Anonymousreply 196September 10, 2019 5:20 PM

I looked at the 27 comments attached to the ABC News story about the dinner sit-down with the undecided voters. They seemed to be almost all from nasty Reich-wingers. At least on FB and IG the comments are much more balanced. It’s as if the tRumpers are assigned to just repeat the same nonsense over and over again. I imagine they they do the same thing to the other Democratic candidates, though I wonder if the vitriol is at the same level.

by Anonymousreply 197September 10, 2019 5:40 PM

[quote] though I wonder if the vitriol is at the same level

Probably not, because the other candidates aren't as strict on guns as Beto. Plus, I think that Trump-Putin, Inc. has a special bot farm dedicated purely to Beto.

by Anonymousreply 198September 10, 2019 5:47 PM

New Texas poll, Biden is ahead of Beto by one point, but Beto easily wins Latino voters in the state. Biden is up by one point because of his rock solid support from older black voters

https://latinodecisions.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Univision-UH-Texas-crosstabs-Sept-2019.pdf

by Anonymousreply 199September 10, 2019 7:08 PM

Oops, link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200September 10, 2019 7:09 PM

Dinner with the candidates? Hahahahaha. Tofu with vegan cheese, bread and mixed micro greens.

by Anonymousreply 201September 11, 2019 1:27 AM

WTF are you babbling about R201?

by Anonymousreply 202September 11, 2019 1:30 AM

They all want to ban meat! Lmao.

by Anonymousreply 203September 11, 2019 1:41 AM

Interesting that Texan men view Pete Buttigieg more favorably than females. It's a bit of a shocker. Of the top six, Pete is the least known candidate in Texas which should give him plenty of room to grow his base in Texas.

According to the Texas poll Beto is a close second because of the Latino voter:

1) Biden 20%

2) Beto 19%

[bold]Black Voters[/bold]: Biden 26%, Castro 14%, Harris 11%

[bold]White Voters[/bold]: Warren 24%, Biden 19%, Sanders 13%

[bold]Latino Voters[/bold]: O'Rourke 26%, Biden 19%, Sanders 16%

Beto and Pete are the clear frontrunners for VP.

by Anonymousreply 204September 11, 2019 2:18 AM

White people love them some Warren

by Anonymousreply 205September 11, 2019 2:32 AM

Beto carries 70% of independents in Texas. Independents can vote in the Texas primary. He will get a lot of delegates in Texas if he has enough money to still be in the race on Super Tuesday. But I don’t think there’s any scenario he drops out before Texas gets a chance to vote. Not to mention states like Arkansas where only Beto has gone. They’re probably already planning their strategy on that because Iowa and NH are pretty much out of his reach. I’d assume kamala is planning something similar with California, but that’s a much more precarious situation for her as her polling in CA is average at best.

by Anonymousreply 206September 11, 2019 3:11 AM

Maybe he and his band can play at the Inauguration

by Anonymousreply 207September 11, 2019 3:24 AM

r206, that's more strong evidence that if he isn't the nominee, that Beto should still be on the winner's ticket as VP. If he can Texas, and the Dem candidate also carries NY and California, that's basically the election as long as the Dem candidate also carries all the states that Hillary won in 2016 and the 3 states that Trump won but that were very close.

by Anonymousreply 208September 11, 2019 3:29 AM

sorry, meant to say "if he can carry Texas" in above post.

by Anonymousreply 209September 11, 2019 3:30 AM

[quote] They all want to ban meat! Lmao.

Beto eats at Whatabuger. I don’t think his plan contemplates banning meat.

by Anonymousreply 210September 11, 2019 3:37 AM

If he can win Texas! Hahah. Have you seen the other recent Texas polls (not the unrated "Latino Decisions" poll where he's statistically tied with Biden). Beto is in 3rd place (after Biden and Warren) in Texas at 12% and 14% (in the YouGov poll). Biden and Warren don't need him. They carry Texas better than he does.

In national and other state polls, he's between 0-3%. And the 3% is exceedingly rare in other state polls.

by Anonymousreply 211September 11, 2019 5:34 AM

[quote]not the unrated "Latino Decisions"

It's only unrated because they don't care to review it. Latino Decision is the only Latino organization that targets Latino voters on a nation wide format in the United States, that includes Los Angeles County and Rio Grande Valley which none of the the other pollsters do. Their scientific methods are no different than YouGov and Pew Research. Unlike other polling organizations, I am looking at you Politico/HarrisX, they always provide their raw data and scientific methods which is what so called "experts" use to rate information field organizations.

by Anonymousreply 212September 11, 2019 6:02 AM

This boring campaign needs a juicy sex scandal.

by Anonymousreply 213September 11, 2019 9:41 AM

Ironically, Beto is more mayo than Pete to me.

by Anonymousreply 214September 11, 2019 11:27 AM

I don't agree with you, r214, so no WW, but that was clever.

by Anonymousreply 215September 11, 2019 11:29 AM

[quote]don't get too cocky (you know what I mean). Beto was ahead of Pete and Pete was a virtual unknown until Pete appeared at that town hall and said a few clever words; there the cult of Pete was born. If that hadn't happened, Pete would still be near the back of the pack. He just got very lucky.

Well, he needed all the luck in the world to get ahead of that massive publicity push with the Vanity Fair cover and Oprah special.

by Anonymousreply 216September 11, 2019 11:29 AM

R121, Their hugging after his concession speech bordered on intimate. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Chris provided Beto with some oral servicing after an exhausting day on the campaign trail.

by Anonymousreply 217September 11, 2019 11:40 AM

Interesting in R204 that each racial group has a clear preference for a different candidate: Blacks-Biden, Whites-Warren, and Latinos-O’Rourke.

by Anonymousreply 218September 11, 2019 12:13 PM

[quote]Dinner with the candidates? Hahahahaha. Tofu with vegan cheese, bread and mixed micro greens.

Tulsi isn’t a legitimate candidate any longer.

by Anonymousreply 219September 11, 2019 12:15 PM

Gennifer Flowers has to be over 70 by now! Better she go service Bernie or Biden than Beto.

by Anonymousreply 220September 11, 2019 12:21 PM

R220, She turns 70 in January.

by Anonymousreply 221September 11, 2019 12:57 PM

Say it with me, "Thirty-eight electoral college votes."

[quote] NEW: Ahead of the Democratic debate in Houston tomorrow, more than 100 Texas elected officials and community leaders endorse @BetoORourke for President.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222September 11, 2019 6:10 PM

Thank you, Lyndon . . .

The Democratic Party candidate John F. Kennedy, narrowly won the state ofTexas with 50.52 percent of the vote to the Republican candidate Vice President Richard Nixon's 48.52 percent, a margin of two percent, giving him the state's twenty-four electoral votes.

by Anonymousreply 223September 11, 2019 8:20 PM

Per CNN poll, Beto up to 5%, 14% with Latinos behind Bernie and Biden

by Anonymousreply 224September 11, 2019 8:27 PM

Chris appears to have a big smile, I bet he can fit a lot in that mouth of his....

What Beto needs is more notoriety and a better storyline to captivate the attention of the always celebrity hungry Americans. The wife is dead weight at this point. Boring, bland, and criminally shy around cameras. Unforgivable! If only Beto could dump the wife and partner up with the boyish Chris Evans. Americans love nothing more than a good redemption story. From the ashes of the closet to the streets of West Hollywood !!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225September 11, 2019 8:46 PM

okay, this is where we can really use an expert. Do vice presidential candidates really bring along their home state anymore? Or is that just 1950s wisdom that people keep pretending is true. Paul Ryan didn't actually help Mitt Romney much in Wisconsin, and I suspect that's true for a lot of the choices over the last few decades.

by Anonymousreply 226September 12, 2019 1:01 AM

Ideally the running mate should be able to deliver their own state, and others where the nominee is weaker.

by Anonymousreply 227September 12, 2019 1:23 AM

and when is the last time that actually happened r227? I admit it's a little hard to tell, which is why I'm hoping someone is actually an expert in this area, but when is the last time somebody won their Vice President's homestate because of that nominee, when they wouldn't have just won it on their own. Al Gore famously couldn't carry Tennessee. Did Tim Kaine win Virginia for Hillary, or would that have happened anyway? I admit, it's not an easy or obvious question. I'm wondering if modern political science has any kind of answer.

I'm guessing people go more for some kind of ideological or racial or generational balance these days, but i could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 228September 12, 2019 1:30 AM

Tim Kaine did win VIrginia for HIllary but it was fairly close.

by Anonymousreply 229September 12, 2019 1:45 AM

Hillary was gonna win VA anyway but it was much, much closer than it should have been. I don’t think Tim kaine helped much but maybe he saved it from going to trump. God the hillary campaign was such a dumpster fire.

I don’t think the VP helps THAT much but Beto is a special case in Texas. People really, really love him here, and NOT just democrats, which is key. If he is on the ticket he will compel people to get out and vote. His turnout game in 2018 was revolutionary in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 230September 12, 2019 1:49 AM

Would he do better than Julian Castro, r230? If Democrats ever win Texas, it will have to be because of massive Hispanic turnout.

by Anonymousreply 231September 12, 2019 1:56 AM

If he's the right VP candidate, then Warren will pick him. She's very strategic.

by Anonymousreply 232September 12, 2019 1:57 AM

Tim Kaine was one of the worst VP choices, ever.

by Anonymousreply 233September 12, 2019 1:57 AM

I agree, r233, and that's what worries me about picking a nominee because of their state instead of looking big picture. It pretty much said, this will be a boring, middle of the road, unexciting administration. Some other consideration is needed.

by Anonymousreply 234September 12, 2019 2:00 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235September 12, 2019 2:00 AM

R231 Castro is polling at 12% with Latinos in Texas. Beto? 26%. Texan Latinos know Castro and know that he’s never given a hoot about Texas. Beto has raised 6 million here. Castro? 600k. Castro is a non entity in Texas. It’s all about independents too. Can’t win Texas without them and guess who won them last time? Beto. And even THAT wasn’t enough. Texas is gonna be really, really tough to win in 2020

by Anonymousreply 236September 12, 2019 2:14 AM

R236 And how much did Beto raise during his last election only to lose?

Raising and spending the most money doesn't guarantee you'll actually win the election.

Just as Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 237September 12, 2019 2:17 AM

LBJ was picked to run with JFK in 1960 for purely generational reasons and so Kennedy would hopefully carry Texas (because in reality, the two men couldn't stand each other). Although it's amusing to note that in reality LbJ was actually only 9 years older than Kennedy, but he looked a lot older.

What does this have to do with Beto? Well, if Biden or even Warren were to pick Beto as their VP, it would be kind of a reverse JFK/LBJ type of thing with the older candidate on top, and the younger candidate on the bottom this time.

And it could make the Republicans have to fight for Texas, spending a lot of money and resources there, that they otherwise wouldn't have to spend. Money and resources that they then wouldn't have to bring the fight to other battleground states.

So even if ultimately whoever/Beto loses Texas, it would still have been a worthwhile effort on the part of the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 238September 12, 2019 2:59 AM

R238, Beto would not bottom for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 239September 12, 2019 4:15 AM

Democrats' greatest coup that never happened: Run a giant, Irish, rich, straight, white male named Robert Francis O'Rourke successfully as a Hispanic candidate. Because Beto. What's next? Run an old blonde, blue eyed, straight, old white grandma as a Native American? Are people really that __?

by Anonymousreply 240September 12, 2019 7:04 AM

R237 Tell it to the Pete stans.

by Anonymousreply 241September 12, 2019 10:04 AM

New Texas polling from U of Houston puts Beto statistically tied with Uncle Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242September 12, 2019 2:42 PM

beto will be vice prez…...mark my words.

yay!!!!

by Anonymousreply 243September 12, 2019 4:26 PM

That would work for me r243. And then after 4 or 8 years Beto would still be young enough to run for president himself.

by Anonymousreply 244September 12, 2019 8:02 PM

Beto would only be veep if Kamala gets the nom. And that's looking less and less likely. No one else wants him.

by Anonymousreply 245September 12, 2019 9:26 PM

I want him.

by Anonymousreply 246September 12, 2019 9:37 PM

Biden wants him. He tried to get him back in February after Kamala said no. He obviously can’t pick him now though.

by Anonymousreply 247September 12, 2019 11:18 PM

Beto is KILLING it tonight.

by Anonymousreply 248September 13, 2019 1:46 AM

Beto for VP !!!! I can feel it! He just has it !

by Anonymousreply 249September 13, 2019 2:00 AM

i hope Beto's polls go up after tonight because he did fantastic!

by Anonymousreply 250September 13, 2019 3:34 AM

any hot face pix with his tits and cock hanging out??

by Anonymousreply 251September 13, 2019 7:20 AM

Screw VP. Why should he play second fiddle to any of those old sourpusses?

by Anonymousreply 252September 13, 2019 10:08 AM

Did you hear about the death threat that Beto got from a Texas state representative for his take your guns back statement last night?

Somebody's in a LOT of trouble.

by Anonymousreply 253September 13, 2019 2:05 PM

Make that a REPUBLICAN Texas state representative.

If that wasn't already obvious.

by Anonymousreply 254September 13, 2019 2:10 PM

Heard about it. They just make the argument that assault weapons owners are unhinged freaks -- Dems dont' even have to do anything.

Meanwhile...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255September 13, 2019 2:28 PM

Supersized Miss Piggy Meghan McCain should have her guns taken away as well for her Cersei Lannister-esque “I choose violence” comments. These gun nuts are just making betos point for him. McCain tried to trip up Beto on twitter because in Texas he wasn’t for a buyback program. As if politicians never evolve, especially after personal tragedy. She’s such a beast.

Beto definitely had the best night last night. He did himself a lot of favors. I think he’ll have some nice fundraising numbers these next few days. Castro is finished.

by Anonymousreply 256September 13, 2019 3:09 PM

Beto looked at as hell up there too

by Anonymousreply 257September 13, 2019 5:30 PM

I'll bet Beto got hard every time one of the other debaters praised him.

by Anonymousreply 258September 13, 2019 5:42 PM

It was very classy of Biden and Harris to acknowledge that Beto did a tremendous job in how he handled the El Paso shooting. The applause after Bidens praise was the second loudest of the night, just behind the standing O that Beto got for his gun answer. Win or lose, Beto has changed the conversation about guns in our country. We can no longer let circus freaks like Meagain McCain dictate what is and isn’t “possible” when it comes to gun control. The American people are rapidly evolving on this issue and many are done with the wishy washy nature of a lot of democrats.

by Anonymousreply 259September 13, 2019 6:22 PM

anyone else so attracted to beto that u keep donating to his cause? that cover of him on vanity fair is my go to jerk off pic.

IDE DIE FOR NUDES OF HIM.....WILL PAY FOR THEM IF U FIND THEM,,,,FAKES OK

by Anonymousreply 260September 14, 2019 2:33 PM

Results of canvassing a retirement community in TX. These are the olds who are supposed to be voting for Uncle Joe.

267 Seniors Canvassed

14 Biden voters

163 Beto supporters

63 Undecided

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261September 15, 2019 2:12 PM

Interesting perspective.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262September 15, 2019 6:23 PM

Pete tried to come for Beto this morning and is now getting dragged. People pulling up all kinds of receipts LMAO

by Anonymousreply 263September 15, 2019 7:01 PM

Can you point us in the direction of what Pete said R263, and where he said it. I’d like to read his comments and see how people have defended Beto. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 264September 15, 2019 7:32 PM

R264

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265September 15, 2019 7:57 PM

A lot of journalists are calling Pete out for his hypocrisy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266September 15, 2019 7:59 PM

George Staphylococcus played a tape of Trump height shading guest Mayor Pete this morning and asked him to respond to it.

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 267September 15, 2019 8:39 PM

Man, does Beto sweat. Having lived in Texas his entire life, shouldn't his system have acclamated to hot and humid weather?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268September 15, 2019 8:43 PM

I’d love to get sweaty with him

by Anonymousreply 269September 15, 2019 9:00 PM

I love how Pete is now showing the "empty suit" traits that Beto was so often accused of.

by Anonymousreply 270September 15, 2019 9:11 PM

[quote] This is some delusional West Wing politics from Buttigieg. Yes McConnell and Trump and the NRA are totally going to pass background checks but Beto ruined it by being too rude! Meanwhile mass shooters are blowing peoples brains open.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271September 15, 2019 9:16 PM

The Reich-wing gun nuts are just flooding Beto’s Instagram account with their fucking nonsensical “shall not be infringed” bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 272September 15, 2019 11:43 PM

There were people with AR15s protesting Beto’s rally in Texas today. I really hope he hires some form of security. These deplorables are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 273September 16, 2019 12:10 AM

Hot, R268, NOT humid.

EP is dry desert.

by Anonymousreply 274September 16, 2019 2:19 AM

r261, Older Texans really love them some Beto.

by Anonymousreply 275September 16, 2019 2:46 AM

Beto impressed at the Iowa Steak Fry today, and here's this hot brother to tell you about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276September 21, 2019 10:49 PM

I love hearing from the hot brother telling it like it is about Beto.

by Anonymousreply 277September 22, 2019 12:53 PM

R276, We needed to see video of him taking the shower he mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 278September 22, 2019 7:51 PM

Considering that nut job Army private who has been arrested for posting bomb-making instructions also mentioned Beto to the FBI undercover agent, I really hope that they are providing Beto with protection. I didn’t think they gave protection to every declared candidate, but considering Beto’s admirable and courageous stand on gun control he seems to need protection from the insane gun crazies.

by Anonymousreply 279September 24, 2019 12:11 PM

He triggers the Nazis more than any other candidate; a good sign, but I do constantly fear for his life.

Beto will be in my town tomorrow! I'll try to give a report.

by Anonymousreply 280September 24, 2019 1:00 PM

Yes, he does trigger more Reich-wingers than the rest of them do. The comments on his social media from them are vile and disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 281September 24, 2019 3:13 PM

I got my picture taken with Beto today in Pittsburgh. Jealous, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 282September 25, 2019 7:20 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 283September 25, 2019 8:06 PM

Here's Beto telling some gun fetishists to sit DOWN at his rally at Kent State yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284September 26, 2019 2:33 PM

Beto just called on Trump to resign. Pure balls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285September 27, 2019 1:24 AM

Love Beto.

by Anonymousreply 286September 29, 2019 6:10 AM

Then donate.

by Anonymousreply 287September 29, 2019 10:01 AM

Ummm, I have. Several times. Including for this quarter.

by Anonymousreply 288September 29, 2019 11:33 AM

Good! Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 289September 29, 2019 2:14 PM

He can still take TX, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. We just have to keep him funded.

" The time has come where I have to weigh 'Commit to Vote Beto'

⚡ Almost 1 pound of signatures

⚡Trump has lost TX to Beto

⚡"Trump had his last chance"

⚡Biden is no longer 2nd choice, no clear 2nd. We have now exceeded 15k TX Voters"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290September 29, 2019 5:39 PM

Beto in a t shirt is HOT as hell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291September 30, 2019 2:30 AM

More canvassing reports from TX.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292September 30, 2019 9:33 PM

DL Fave Senator Chris Murphy stans Beto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293October 2, 2019 10:33 PM

Line for Beto's town hall in Phoenix today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294October 6, 2019 10:21 PM

Beto is planning an anti-Trump counter rally for Orange Cancer's visit to Dallas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295October 10, 2019 5:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!