Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Changing your sheets

How often do you do it? For me, about every 6-8 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 250September 23, 2019 11:41 AM

Same OP but I know it should be more often. Especially after sex.

by Anonymousreply 1September 8, 2019 4:08 AM

Good lord. Every week in summer, every other week in winter.

by Anonymousreply 2September 8, 2019 4:14 AM

Every Sunday night.

by Anonymousreply 3September 8, 2019 4:17 AM

Same as R2. I’d love to run a blacklight over your sheets, OP. You filthy cunt! x

by Anonymousreply 4September 8, 2019 4:18 AM

At least once a week. Sometimes I do it twice a week. I love clean sheet day.

by Anonymousreply 5September 8, 2019 4:20 AM

Once every six months.

by Anonymousreply 6September 8, 2019 4:25 AM

Every 2 or 3 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 7September 8, 2019 4:27 AM

Every Friday. Clean play area for the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 8September 8, 2019 4:31 AM

You six weeks to two months types are revolting. Ugh, the dust mites.

by Anonymousreply 9September 8, 2019 4:32 AM

OP could be Apollo and I wouldn’t fuck him.

Nasty.

Twice a month, MINIMUM!

by Anonymousreply 10September 8, 2019 4:34 AM

Don’t forget the cum, sweat and drool R9! x

by Anonymousreply 11September 8, 2019 4:35 AM

twice a week

by Anonymousreply 12September 8, 2019 4:36 AM

I love sleeping on my dirty sheets after some hot sex

by Anonymousreply 13September 8, 2019 4:37 AM

I wash my set every Friday and I have to iron my pillowcases too (a few are rayon). Don't care, I like a neat bed.

by Anonymousreply 14September 8, 2019 4:37 AM

God, we have this same thread about every 6 months. You people that don't wash your sheets...revolting. The stench must be horrible.

by Anonymousreply 15September 8, 2019 4:41 AM

I was them at least once a week, sometimes I'll alternate sets and switch them so I go through two sets of sheets a week. Not washing your sheets regularly is next to not bathing in my book. It's disgusting. You spend eight hours on average each night in your bed, and it gets dirty whether you think it does or not. Just the dead skin cells alone—ugh. So gross. I can't not have a clean bed.

by Anonymousreply 16September 8, 2019 5:13 AM

^ *wash them

by Anonymousreply 17September 8, 2019 5:15 AM

I line dry my sheets outside and I love clean sheet day too. I always shower the night I break in the newly washed set. I’m a once a week guy.

by Anonymousreply 18September 8, 2019 5:17 AM

Every other Wednesday when the maid comes. I strip and wash the bed linens and she makes the beds.

by Anonymousreply 19September 8, 2019 5:21 AM

Every week, of course - you dirthogs!!

by Anonymousreply 20September 8, 2019 5:30 AM

Ma changed husbands faster than she changed bedsheets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 8, 2019 5:33 AM

If you clean off (shower or bath) before bed, your sheets can last longer. Plus, it just feels good to get into bed clean like that.

by Anonymousreply 22September 8, 2019 5:39 AM

For those of you who don't change your sheets weekly: Do you sleep naked or do you wear a t-shirt and shorts (or even PJ's) to bed?

Do you at least change your pillowcases every week?

by Anonymousreply 23September 8, 2019 5:43 AM

Every Tuesday and Saturday. Cotton Percale, line dried if the weather cooperates. I guess that makes me a habitué of laundry rooms.

by Anonymousreply 24September 8, 2019 5:51 AM

These threads really gross me out.

Who the fuck sleeps on the same sheets for a month?

I change my sheets every week, sometimes even more often.

Some of you people are just pigs, plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 25September 8, 2019 5:56 AM

I love jiz stained sheets

by Anonymousreply 26September 8, 2019 5:58 AM

Once a week. Twice a week in summer if the weather has been really hot and humid.

by Anonymousreply 27September 8, 2019 6:01 AM

I can only afford two sets of good sheets, so it’s weekly. I’m debating a comforter, but it has to be linen and be able to go through the washer.

by Anonymousreply 28September 8, 2019 6:30 AM

You people who say 6-8 weeks....you must be joking?!?!? That is disgusting beyond words.

by Anonymousreply 29September 8, 2019 6:32 AM

I'm like OP in that I way 6-8 weeks. But according to this survey, many single men change their sheets once every three months. 😆 Gross, I know, but I totally get them. 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 8, 2019 7:12 AM

Thing is, the longer you sleep on sheets and they start smelling like you, the more comfortable they get.

by Anonymousreply 31September 8, 2019 7:14 AM

2x a week minimum.

by Anonymousreply 32September 8, 2019 7:14 AM

[quote]God, we have this same thread about every 6 months. You people that don't wash your sheets...revolting. The stench must be horrible.

I haven’t changed the ones on my bed in several years, but I’m nose blind to it. I have a plastic cover on the mattress, so it doesn’t seep through.

by Anonymousreply 33September 8, 2019 7:19 AM

Once a week on Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 34September 8, 2019 9:31 AM

R33 I hope you are just trolling.

by Anonymousreply 35September 8, 2019 9:37 AM

Every three days, in warmer months every two days, especially if I'm not running A/C. Some of you cannot be getting sex regularly, unless you go to hotels.

by Anonymousreply 36September 8, 2019 9:49 AM

When the faint tan stripe appears down the middle on my white cotton sheets .....

by Anonymousreply 37September 8, 2019 11:28 AM

For those of you who must use a humidifier in dry winter air, have a ceiling fan above your bed, AND who have front loader washers, here's a tip:

Take you sheets out and spread the bottom sheet loosely over your bed, untucked. Turn on the ceiling fan on HIGH. In about an hour it will be dry and the air in your bedroom humidified. Do the same with the top sheet and pillow cases after you tuck in your fitted bottom sheet.

Front loaders wring out much more water in final spin than top loaders and the residual rinse water can be put to good use inside.

by Anonymousreply 38September 8, 2019 11:38 AM

I can see your dirty pillows.

by Anonymousreply 39September 8, 2019 11:49 AM

If you came to my party like you said you would, you'd know.

by Anonymousreply 40September 8, 2019 12:17 PM

Twice a week. Anything less is disgusting - bacteria grows on them when you sweat. Three sets of bed linens - two sets get washed weekly alternating with the third set. Wash the mattress pad every two weeks as well. Towels should be used two or three times max before being washed for the same reason - otherwise you're putting bacteria back on your skin. Would you wear the same underwear for six to eight weeks?

Sad to say, here's a survey saying almost half of single American males only change the sheets every three months - aaarrrrggghhh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 8, 2019 12:34 PM

I find if I don't change them every time I use them, the eye holes start to widen, threatening to reveal my identity.

by Anonymousreply 42September 8, 2019 12:58 PM

I change my sheets TWICE every week all year round.

by Anonymousreply 43September 8, 2019 1:06 PM

Every two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 44September 8, 2019 1:07 PM

At least every week and line dry them. Twice a month I sift some bicarbonate of soda on the mattress, leave for an hour and then vacuum to freshen and get rid of any dust mites.

by Anonymousreply 45September 8, 2019 1:11 PM

[quote]I guess that makes me a habitué of laundry rooms.

I guess that sentence makes you pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 46September 8, 2019 1:16 PM

[quote]I haven’t changed the ones on my bed in several years, but I’m nose blind to it. I have a plastic cover on the mattress, so it doesn’t seep through.

Sorry, forgot to sign my post!

by Anonymousreply 47September 8, 2019 1:17 PM

Ignoring Miss Priss at R41, how often do you wash mattress pad and pillows?

by Anonymousreply 48September 8, 2019 1:34 PM

Pillows 2X per year. Mattress pad 1X per year. Pillow cases, when I wash my sheets.

by Anonymousreply 49September 8, 2019 1:35 PM

Twice a week, I just happen to like clean sheets, cannot imagine going months without changing them, gross

by Anonymousreply 50September 8, 2019 1:36 PM

I also wash my pillows once a week

by Anonymousreply 51September 8, 2019 1:38 PM

Once a week. I wash my pillowcase twice a week.

by Anonymousreply 52September 8, 2019 1:42 PM

I love sleeping on clean sheets and have been regularly changing them weekly for quite a while now, but it does seem like quite a chore that comes around mighty quickly.

If I was a billionaire with a staff I would have my sheets changed daily but as long as I am doing it, it will remain weekly.

by Anonymousreply 53September 8, 2019 1:58 PM

I can't imagine sleeping on sheets for more than one week. Sunday is always strip the bed day for me.

by Anonymousreply 54September 8, 2019 2:04 PM

You are supposed to change your sheets?

by Anonymousreply 55September 8, 2019 2:08 PM

For those of you who wash your bedsheets once or twice a week, what happens if you have sex in it more than once before washing? Isn't that icky?

Everybody keeps framing the question in terms of x-number of times per week or month, when it really should be x-number of times of sex per washing, and I would hope most guys would say x = 1.

by Anonymousreply 56September 8, 2019 2:13 PM

Well I would hope they have more than one set of sheets R56. IMO you should have a minimum of 3 sets of sheets for each bed in your house. Constantly washing sheets (or anything) that much just destroys the fabric and greatly shortens its lifespan.

by Anonymousreply 57September 8, 2019 2:25 PM

r57, the question is not how frequently SOME set of sheets gets washed. The question is how frequently THE SHEETS ON THE BED get washed.

by Anonymousreply 58September 8, 2019 2:29 PM

I don't dare ask when was the last time you cunts flipped/rotated your mattress.

(Flip/rotate every six months)

by Anonymousreply 59September 8, 2019 2:30 PM

You can't flip the newfangled mattresses. News to me when I recently went mattress shopping.

by Anonymousreply 60September 8, 2019 2:55 PM

This reminds me that I should replace by bath towel. It was a white towel, but after like a year, it’s a pale yellow and doesn’t absorb as much. I just throw away a bath towel and get a new one, because it doesn’t get clean from washing after long-term use.

by Anonymousreply 61September 8, 2019 2:55 PM

You use too much detergent, the fabrixc doesn't rinse completely, and your dryer "cooks" in the soap residue, ruining the fabric.

by Anonymousreply 62September 8, 2019 3:00 PM

[quote] I sift some bicarbonate of soda

You mean "baking soda"? Then say so. No one is impressed by your fancy names.

by Anonymousreply 63September 8, 2019 3:23 PM

About every three weeks on average.

I travel a decent amount and am often not home every night, and sometimes I sleep on the couch and don’t use the bed.

So there’s no need to do it more often than that, and I don’t have time to anyway.

Those of you who are washing sheets several times a week are just wasting water and polluting the rivers with unnecessary detergent. You need to think more of the environment and stop being so prissy and selfish.

Your skin is covered in bacteria normally anyway. Your body has an immune system and other natural barriers. Unless you have AIDS, it’s a nonissue.

by Anonymousreply 64September 8, 2019 3:34 PM

I sleep naked so I should do it more often. But I never have visitors so who cares?

by Anonymousreply 65September 8, 2019 3:46 PM

Weekly.

I like how tight they fit, with no wrinkles. It bothers me when they don fit tightly.

Here’s a tip: put them in when hot, just out of the dryer, and it reduces wrinkles.

by Anonymousreply 66September 8, 2019 4:28 PM

If you put slightly damp sheets on your bed, it helps with a hangover. You don’t get dehydrated as your body absorbs the water from the sheets. In lieu of AA or whatever, if you do this, because it’s not a good sign, but it works.

by Anonymousreply 67September 8, 2019 4:32 PM

Cleaning lady changes them weekly, washes duvet cover monthly, maybe more often? (I am not there but can usually tell that it smells more like fabric softener than it did that AM)

by Anonymousreply 68September 8, 2019 4:33 PM

Re: turning / flipping the mattress - I do it when we move the clocks forward or back. I wash the mattress cover the same time.

Question - I have feather and down pillows. Can those go in the laundry or best sent the dry cleaner?

by Anonymousreply 69September 8, 2019 5:18 PM

Do ducks and geese get wet, r69?

by Anonymousreply 70September 8, 2019 5:24 PM

Twice a month. Spray with Febreze when I get up each day.

by Anonymousreply 71September 8, 2019 5:32 PM

I’ll have to ask Consuela.

by Anonymousreply 72September 8, 2019 5:35 PM

Washed my sheets and about to hang on the line. WEEKLY TASK.

by Anonymousreply 73September 8, 2019 6:02 PM

Down products can be washed, put them in the dryer with a tennis ball. In between washing, I hang my down comforter and pillows outside to freshen up. Make sure you're using pillow protectors, wash the same time as your sheets.

by Anonymousreply 74September 8, 2019 6:38 PM

Eeeeeeeewwwwwwww!

by Anonymousreply 75September 8, 2019 6:41 PM

Every Friday. The cleaning lady changes all of the linens. Fresh sheets and towels are a simple pleasure. I like to change the mattress pad when the cold weather arrives.

When I travel I ask that the sheets be changed every other day.

by Anonymousreply 76September 8, 2019 7:35 PM

Buy yourself a mattress pad, cut off the elastic on it and have sex on that, not your sheets

by Anonymousreply 77September 8, 2019 7:46 PM

I just changed last Labor Day. Every season change for me.

by Anonymousreply 78September 8, 2019 7:54 PM

You clean freaks are going to one day be rotting just like everyone else. There is no need to obsess about cleanliness.

by Anonymousreply 79September 8, 2019 7:56 PM

Every 1-2 weeks

by Anonymousreply 80September 8, 2019 8:18 PM

Well, smell her @ R79! Until we decay, we prefer to have some quality of life by sleeping in a clean bed, you swine.

by Anonymousreply 81September 8, 2019 8:25 PM

Fuck! Tell us OP, and all of you other skanks that dare to go more than two weeks (and two weeks is pushing it), what prescription strength cootie lotion do you use on your welts? Pigs!

by Anonymousreply 82September 8, 2019 8:44 PM

There was a guy on here once who said he changed his sheets daily. The work!

by Anonymousreply 83September 8, 2019 9:00 PM

Scabies City @ home with some of you.

by Anonymousreply 84September 8, 2019 9:03 PM

Wash all bedding every week, pillow cases twice weekly, mattress protector every two months, new pillows yearly

by Anonymousreply 85September 8, 2019 9:36 PM

[quote] You clean freaks are going to one day be rotting just like everyone else.

Ashes don't rot, you daft cunt.

by Anonymousreply 86September 8, 2019 9:47 PM

The maid changes the sheets every day. I know this because each set is a different color.

by Anonymousreply 87September 8, 2019 9:51 PM

Well.R87, aren't you just all that.

by Anonymousreply 88September 8, 2019 10:12 PM

R88 no I’m not. I just like clean sheets.

by Anonymousreply 89September 8, 2019 10:18 PM

Thin cotton sheets in summer (which lasts a l-o-n-g time here) and cotton flannel sheets in winter.

No matter the season, my sheets are washed weekly.

by Anonymousreply 90September 8, 2019 10:20 PM

I bought 4 sheet sets so I can change them weekly without overwashing and wearing out any one set

by Anonymousreply 91September 8, 2019 10:29 PM

Once a week.

by Anonymousreply 92September 8, 2019 10:34 PM

I bought a set of king size sheets from The Company Store and within 2 months they got a hole in the fitted sheet. They weren’t cheap either.

The cotton sheets I got from The Vermont Store have really Ben great and I’ve had them for several years now

by Anonymousreply 93September 8, 2019 10:36 PM

Once a week. I only have white sheets so I can bleach them and wash them in hot water. I also use a white blanket that I bleach and wash once a week. I LOVE the first sleep after the wash.

by Anonymousreply 94September 8, 2019 10:45 PM

The launder-phobic bunch here must be into "mansmells" and funk. Some natural scent can be clean and sexy, like fresh sweat after a workout, but these fetid sheets are vile. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: your bedroom must smell like a walk-in-hamper. If anyone hete also has doggos they allow in their beds, all the more reason to step up your cleanliness.

by Anonymousreply 95September 8, 2019 10:55 PM

R49, R63. Do you sift some baking/bicarbonate of soda on the mattress rather than the sheets?

Are you sure it's worth the effort?

by Anonymousreply 96September 8, 2019 11:07 PM

Farm fresh bicarbonate of soda, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 97September 8, 2019 11:26 PM

once a week

by Anonymousreply 98September 8, 2019 11:29 PM

Hot where I live, so every week. I love climbing into a nice, fresh bed. And inviting others to join me. Chortle.

by Anonymousreply 99September 8, 2019 11:34 PM

Is you bed up high, r99?

by Anonymousreply 100September 8, 2019 11:40 PM

I used to do it weekly. Now after an accident that left me fairly disabled every month, sometimes 6 weeks. I live alone and no longer have any visitors that go near my bed or really any other part of my apartment for that matter. What I clean or change is only when I can't take it anymore, even for just myself.

by Anonymousreply 101September 8, 2019 11:47 PM

[quote]Once a week. I only have white sheets so I can bleach them and wash them in hot water. I also use a white blanket that I bleach and wash once a week. I LOVE the first sleep after the wash.

The bleach would give me a migraine.

"Sleep" is a noun now? [upspoken] I guess that's an acceptable alternative.

by Anonymousreply 102September 9, 2019 12:16 AM

[quote]I bought a set of king size sheets from The Company Store and within 2 months they got a hole in the fitted sheet. They weren’t cheap either.

They wouldn’t have worn out if you wouldn’t have laundered them to excess.

by Anonymousreply 103September 9, 2019 12:28 AM

If your sheets are dirty and smell and need laundered after one week of use...it’s because you have poor personal hygiene. Try bathing once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 104September 9, 2019 12:30 AM

R103 -- " ...if you wouldn’t have ..."

"if you hadn't" = better grammar

by Anonymousreply 105September 9, 2019 1:04 AM

Twice per day. Yes, you read that correctly. Twice per fucking day!

by Anonymousreply 106September 9, 2019 1:36 AM

Well that's just it. I shower/wash hair daily so there really is nothing getting my sheets dirty. I never wear shoes in bed or even socks, besides, my feet are clean. The worst that might happen is if I sneeze or cough in bed. I never eat in bed. Once every 6 weeks or so is enough.

by Anonymousreply 107September 9, 2019 1:44 AM

Two sets of sheets, change weekly, you should have a mattress pad/cover and you should wash the pad once a month and vacuum the mattress when you do that.

by Anonymousreply 108September 9, 2019 2:48 AM

For those who don't like to/can't use bleach, hydrogen peroxide is just as effective and can be used with your colored sheets. Plus, HP is only $0.50 cents per bottle as opposed to $6.00 for bleach.

by Anonymousreply 109September 9, 2019 2:51 AM

Once a week but my pillowcases I change twice a week because I drool.

by Anonymousreply 110September 9, 2019 2:52 AM

Never! I love daddy’s love sauce!

by Anonymousreply 111September 9, 2019 2:58 AM

R95 lost me at "doggos".

by Anonymousreply 112September 9, 2019 3:00 AM

R102 - “The bleach would give me a migraine. "Sleep" is a noun now? [upspoken] I guess that's an acceptable alternative.”

Yes, sleep was always a noun and a verb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 9, 2019 3:32 AM

Only when he cums

by Anonymousreply 114September 9, 2019 3:50 AM

I just let them disintegrate and then buy new ones.

by Anonymousreply 115September 9, 2019 4:52 AM

I’ve never had a gentleman caller complain about my sheets. I change them about every three weeks

by Anonymousreply 116September 9, 2019 4:54 AM

[quote]I always shower the night I break in the newly washed set. I’m a once a week guy.

You shower ONCE A WEEK? Really??

by Anonymousreply 117September 9, 2019 5:00 AM

Showering once a week is enough.

by Anonymousreply 118September 9, 2019 5:04 AM

I only have one set but I wash those once a week as I sleep in the nude.

Also the feeling of fresh sheets is amazing. I don't know why more people don't do once a week...

by Anonymousreply 119September 9, 2019 5:12 AM

Once every week or two (weekly in the summer). I change the pillowcases every few days though. Fresh pillow cases are a nice treat.

by Anonymousreply 120September 9, 2019 5:13 AM

Doggos is like kiddos. Hate them.

But 'often' pronouncing the 't' should get people into trouble. When did this become a thing? Never heard it growing up. Hurts my ears. People need to be beaten up when they use it.

by Anonymousreply 121September 9, 2019 9:30 AM

The duvet has never been washed. And I bought it years ago.

by Anonymousreply 122September 9, 2019 11:02 AM

[quote]Every three days, in warmer months every two days, especially if I'm not running A/C.

What a prissy Mary.

by Anonymousreply 123September 9, 2019 11:03 AM

After the 5th generou$ gentleman visits, we change them as a rule.

by Anonymousreply 124September 9, 2019 11:07 AM

The last generou$ gentleman to have visited Erna did so during the Coolidge administration.

And he was disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 125September 9, 2019 11:26 AM

Every month or so, but I shower before bed every night and change my pillowcase every couple of days.

by Anonymousreply 126September 9, 2019 11:38 AM

What sheets?

by Anonymousreply 127September 9, 2019 11:42 AM

[quote]Spray with Febreze when I get up each day.

Inhaling Febreze every day cannot be good for your lungs.

by Anonymousreply 128September 9, 2019 11:42 AM

I hate artificial scents like Fabreze.

And Sunday evenings in my neighborhood is a miasma of artificial scents because many of my neighbors are washing and drying loads of laundry for the work week ahead. Ugh!

If you could see scents like smoke, the dryer vents on the sides of their houses would look like city bus exhaust pipes.

by Anonymousreply 129September 9, 2019 11:50 AM

r129 they have an allergen frebreze with no scent. I think it is more about the mist traps smells. The scent is secondary.

by Anonymousreply 130September 9, 2019 2:37 PM

Yeah, and use the dryer after the scent freaks; your sheets will reek and have this weird coating. This is why rich people buy washers.

by Anonymousreply 131September 9, 2019 2:39 PM

Don’t use Febreze— it can kill your pet birds!

by Anonymousreply 132September 9, 2019 2:58 PM

I am jealous that Prince William probably gets fresh sheets daily. They feel so good when they are tight.

by Anonymousreply 133September 9, 2019 3:05 PM

I just got back from my local laundromat. I washed my puffy mattress pad and "par dried" it there.

It was still slightly damp and I brought it home to hang on my clothesline so it can become sweet smelling in the outdoor air.

by Anonymousreply 134September 9, 2019 3:36 PM

Febreze utilization should be limited to a used car situation.

by Anonymousreply 135September 9, 2019 5:08 PM

"Sweet smelling in the outdoor air."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136September 9, 2019 8:38 PM

R136 = Chemtrail nutter

by Anonymousreply 137September 9, 2019 8:40 PM

Don't you worry about bird doo doo when you hang laundry outside?

by Anonymousreply 138September 9, 2019 10:30 PM

Nope, my clothesline is under my carport, open on three sides.

Don't have to worry about rain rewetting my laundry or sunshine bleaching fabric colors. It's great.

by Anonymousreply 139September 9, 2019 10:36 PM

Outside “line-dry” laundry is so fucking disgusting. You know insects lay eggs in it, right?

by Anonymousreply 140September 9, 2019 10:37 PM

^^ And you made that up ... why?

by Anonymousreply 141September 9, 2019 10:45 PM

R102,

... to die, to sleep no more; and by [bold]a sleep[/bold], to say we end the heartache, and the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to..."

-- Shakespeare, c. 1600

by Anonymousreply 142September 9, 2019 11:34 PM

Re: pillows, you don't have to wash them if you put good allergy covers on them. A good cover is not crinkly or plasticky, but keeps out dust and dust mites. I do wash the covers periodically, though (along with the pillowcase. Silk, of course, to baby my skin and hair. I'm 50, you know, but people say I look 25!)

by Anonymousreply 143September 9, 2019 11:36 PM

Twice a month, when I do the laundry.

by Anonymousreply 144September 9, 2019 11:44 PM

When Daddy used to come home at night with a big bag of FUDGE, we were so spoiled! Our sheets were covered in delicious FUDGE. We never wanted to wash them. I miss daddy’s FUDGE covered sheets.

by Anonymousreply 145September 10, 2019 12:18 AM

Ew.

by Anonymousreply 146September 10, 2019 12:23 AM

Erna: Fetid shit eating retard diseased sociopathic shit encrusted loathsome Nazi pedo cunt fuck.

by Anonymousreply 147September 10, 2019 12:32 AM

Damn! Some of you lazy birds are nasty as hell. You should change your sheets every week. In the summer I change mine twice a week. Pillows and mattress pad are washed every month.

I'd hate to live with some of you dirty people.

by Anonymousreply 148September 10, 2019 12:39 AM

2-3 times a year.

I'm not kidding.

I take a shower every day and wash my clothes.

I'm thin and good-looking.

No, I never have sex in it.

by Anonymousreply 149September 10, 2019 1:01 AM

Every other Monday. I shower every night before bed, so they don't get nasty

by Anonymousreply 150September 10, 2019 1:07 AM

I use rubber sheets I just hose off.

by Anonymousreply 151September 10, 2019 1:30 AM

R133. I'm am eldergay and I remember the 60s.

Rich people (like Jaquie Onassis) would boast they were 'jet setters who could follow the sun".

Liz Taylor had a millionaire yacht on the Thames (because of some tax-dodge), she was getting mega-jewels from Dick even year and she boasted her maids gave her fresh sheets every day of her life, she said.

by Anonymousreply 152September 10, 2019 1:35 AM

R109 $6.00 for bleach, where do you live? My store brand scented bleach was $2.49 for a 1/2 gallon.

by Anonymousreply 153September 10, 2019 1:43 AM

Once a week in the summer, every other week in cooler weather. I also rotate through three sets of sheets to avoid laundry related wear. I never, ever use fabric softener with sheets or towels and do not understand those that do. Crisp, clean sheets are wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 154September 10, 2019 1:51 AM

Our 2 dogs sleep with us, so twice a week for us.

by Anonymousreply 155September 10, 2019 1:53 AM

Once every 6-8 weeks

by Anonymousreply 156September 10, 2019 1:54 AM

People who change their sheets often are responsible for destroying the environment and significantly worsening climate change.

by Anonymousreply 157September 10, 2019 2:00 AM

Not necessarily, R157. I have several dozen sets of sheets. Sometimes they sit in the laundry basket a few weeks after being changed out. Then I wash several sets at a time in my front loading, high efficiency washer.

by Anonymousreply 158September 10, 2019 2:12 AM

Sheets become threadbare in the middle. So my frugal mother cuts them into two and re-sews on her sewing machine them so the outer edges can be used.

by Anonymousreply 159September 10, 2019 2:12 AM

That made me snort/laugh, R159.

by Anonymousreply 160September 10, 2019 2:19 AM

Unless you shower and wash your hair in the evening before bed, your sheets get dirty. A friend was advised by an allergist to shower and shampoo their hair before bed and change pillowcases every day.

I think it’s a little ambitious to wash bedding more than once a week, but it would be nice if someone did it for me. Twice a month is probably OK for those who shower at night.

by Anonymousreply 161September 10, 2019 2:29 AM

I usually shower once a week and change the sheets every couple of months. It's my bed and my body and nobody's business how often I wash myself or the sheets.

by Anonymousreply 162September 10, 2019 3:22 AM

r153, you can't be serious....2.49 for a gallon of bleach? I don't think I've ever paid less that 7 or 8 dollars.

by Anonymousreply 163September 10, 2019 3:54 AM

R161, people with breakouts always forget to lay a fresh slip on their pillow.

by Anonymousreply 164September 10, 2019 4:35 AM

Usually shower once a week? GROSS

by Anonymousreply 165September 10, 2019 4:23 PM

I used to shower daily, but once I got old and no longer produced body odor, I went to every three days.

by Anonymousreply 166September 11, 2019 12:32 AM

R163, where do you live? A gallon of bleach costs about $2.50 in the Atlanta area.

by Anonymousreply 167September 11, 2019 12:36 AM

Sunday is for washing sheets and towels in hot water with a 1/4 cup of white vinegar in an old Downy ball (haven't used Downy in ages...), then a shower right before 60 Minutes. Feels like childhood.

Pillows and mattress pad are on my quarterly to-do list.

by Anonymousreply 168September 11, 2019 12:45 AM

Years ago I read somewhere that Jackie O had her sheets changed everyday, twice if she took a nap.

by Anonymousreply 169September 11, 2019 12:47 AM

^ What a precious rich little princess she was! (Was she Catholic, too?)

by Anonymousreply 170September 11, 2019 12:52 AM

Once a year

by Anonymousreply 171September 11, 2019 12:56 AM

Have night snacks with leftover fried chicken, or turkey leg, or ham sandwich, sometimes pizza, and often ice cream. Then there's the usual cookies, chips, and crackers. Too many crumbs and stains, so hubby washes/changes them every 3rd day

by Anonymousreply 172September 11, 2019 1:33 AM

I'm surprised you're not asked to leave, Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 173September 11, 2019 1:46 AM

[quote]Years ago I read somewhere that Jackie O had her sheets changed everyday, twice if she took a nap.

That wasteful bitch needed the Green New Deal shoved up her polluting ass.

by Anonymousreply 174September 11, 2019 3:17 AM

Question. How often do you all wash your pillows? I probably don't do that often enough.

by Anonymousreply 175September 11, 2019 4:33 AM

Pillows don't need to be washed.

by Anonymousreply 176September 11, 2019 5:02 AM

^they sure as hell do need to be washed...JFC

by Anonymousreply 177September 11, 2019 5:06 AM

Pillows: every 6 months

Doona/Duvet/Quilt cover: change/wash every week

Doona/Duvet/Quilt: Synthetic: wash once a year. Down: dry clean once a year

by Anonymousreply 178September 11, 2019 5:09 AM

Every Sunday they must be changed.

by Anonymousreply 179September 11, 2019 5:12 AM

How do you wash your pillows?

by Anonymousreply 180September 11, 2019 5:17 AM

Pfffft! What a fastidious bunch of queens! I don't even use sheets!

by Anonymousreply 181September 11, 2019 5:23 AM

R180 Wash TWO pillows at once, otherwise your machine goes wonky. For synthetic, a bit of soap powder, 40C temp and line dry. Some prefer machine dry, as they claim that the heat kills leftover germs and fluffs the pillows.

by Anonymousreply 182September 11, 2019 5:25 AM

I have a Tempurpedic pillow. I don't think it can even BE washed. I've had it since 2010. Sheets get changed usually once a week. Sometimes it stretches to 2 weeks but usually only if it's cold.

by Anonymousreply 183September 11, 2019 5:42 AM

Twice-ish a week. I’m a shift-worker, and I never work more than three days in a row before having at least two days off. I always change them on my first day off. However, every third week I have either four or five days in a row off. The sheets still get changed on my first day off, and usually get changed again on my last day before returning to work. I’m not gross, or dirty, or overly sweaty or anything like that — I just really treasure my sleep time and do whatever I can to make it enjoyable. I also make my bed every day, tight as a drum. I love crawling into an envelope when I go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 184September 11, 2019 5:52 AM

When I pop my load I like to sleep in the mess. It's hot.

by Anonymousreply 185September 11, 2019 5:54 AM

Margaret White disagrees with you, r176.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186September 11, 2019 5:54 AM

Every Saturday night.

by Anonymousreply 187September 11, 2019 6:04 AM

I’ve never washed a pillow. They’re constantly covered, why would they need washed?

by Anonymousreply 188September 11, 2019 12:32 PM

My sheets are out in the line as I type.

My new SleepNumber bed was delivered yesterday and I want fresh sheets on it after I open the boxes later today and pump it up.

by Anonymousreply 189September 11, 2019 12:54 PM

Once a week. 6-8 weeks is way too long OP!

by Anonymousreply 190September 11, 2019 1:04 PM

Good for you, R189. I've had mine several years now, and I don't think I could sleep on anything else. I look forward to crawling in it when coming home from vacations and family visits.

by Anonymousreply 191September 11, 2019 1:14 PM

[quote]It was still slightly damp and I brought it home to hang on my clothesline so it can become sweet smelling in the outdoor air.

And get covered in ragweed and bird poops! Fresh as a daisy!

by Anonymousreply 192September 12, 2019 10:19 AM

As r192 no doubt knows, here in Oz we are plagued with roving gangs of emus that sneak into backyards and blast any hanging laundry they spot with their emu shite. And the Oz wattles cause terminal hay fever.

Thank goodness for tumble dryers coming along after the war. We can now stop having to worry about emus and pollen.

by Anonymousreply 193September 12, 2019 11:33 AM

Only when I shit the bed.

by Anonymousreply 194September 12, 2019 11:40 AM

At least you get the laundry back, R193, emu shit and pollen covered as they may be.

Friends in Canberra tell me the wife's smalls were seldom on the line when she'd go to retrieve them. They're not so much worried about roving emus as they are the Greek house painter whose backyard adjoins their's.

Her delicate items go in to the dryer now.

by Anonymousreply 195September 12, 2019 6:47 PM

I wash and change my sheets, blankets and covers between every week and every two weeks. I have four sets, I rotate their use.

by Anonymousreply 196September 20, 2019 2:47 PM

Why on Earth would you not change them daily? You all are pigs.

by Anonymousreply 197September 20, 2019 2:51 PM

Weekly

by Anonymousreply 198September 20, 2019 3:00 PM

Twice a day!

by Anonymousreply 199September 20, 2019 3:04 PM

I have a housekeeper who changes them each week but when I was on my own, I used to sleep on one side of the bed for a week and then the other side the next week and then change them. More often if I had company.

by Anonymousreply 200September 20, 2019 4:32 PM

Anything more than once a month is way too often.

by Anonymousreply 201September 21, 2019 1:16 AM

r201 is a pig

by Anonymousreply 202September 21, 2019 1:43 AM

Does anyone iron their sheets?

by Anonymousreply 203September 21, 2019 6:12 AM

For what purpose?

Aren’t they usually coved by a bedspread, duvet, comforter, or quilt?

by Anonymousreply 204September 21, 2019 7:21 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 205September 21, 2019 12:23 PM

Wow this thread gets off to a disgusting note. If I were as rich and served as Jackie Kennedy was I would have them changed daily. Now I keep stacks of clean bed linens and change them frequently

- the day after sex.

- the day after I spend too long in bed the day before

- in summer whenever I want fresh feeling

- if I eat in bed and there are spots

- every saturday or sunday if the above isn't more recent

- if I KNOW i am getting laid in my bed, I'll change the sheets beforehand

I guess the average person has 2 - 4 sets of sheets to cover the year? I have many dozens as I collect old and rare bed linens.

by Anonymousreply 206September 21, 2019 12:40 PM

Spring and Fall.

by Anonymousreply 207September 21, 2019 12:49 PM

Pillows should be washed 2-4 times a year. Buy washable down or synthetic pillows. If the pillow doesn't survive the wash - throw it away and get new. Some synthetic pillows are not any good, washed or unwashed, after a year, anyway. Throw them away.

And for gods sake, put mite resistant covers on your mattresses.

As for comforters, if your american all in one comforter can be washed, fine. If it cannot be, do as the Euros do - buy duvets and duvet covers. The duvet covers are your decoration statement and provide hygiene. They get washed with the sheets at the same frequency. The duvets themselves - like pillows. Maybe 2 - 4 times a year. A ginormous all down comforter costing many hundreds, can be washed at the end of each winter season, then put away. Don't leave the dirt and mites in the duvet to rest for the other 3 seasons. Gross.

If you can't deal with all this, fine. Live your sad little poor life, sleeping in filth. You can still be fun at parties, so that's cool!

by Anonymousreply 208September 21, 2019 12:49 PM

Duvet covers are a pain in the ass to put on comforters. I'd rather just buy a cheaper comforter and buy a new one every year. It's not like I go to bed dirty or frankly do anything in bed that will make it dirty. Even my feet are clean as I never walk around barefooted or wear socks in bed, just my cleaned feet in there with me. I'm allergic to any kind of feather so I never buy really expensive comforters or pillows. That said the synthetic pillows do need to be changed every year or so as they tend to get clumpy. But they're cheap, so what the hell.

by Anonymousreply 209September 21, 2019 2:23 PM

[quote]I have many dozens as I collect old and rare bed linens.

What a useless thing to collect? I think the pull off tabs off old pre-80s soda cans would have more value.

by Anonymousreply 210September 21, 2019 2:38 PM

The quality of vintage linens tends to be much better than anything you can buy today unless you go fairly high end, which not everyone can afford.

by Anonymousreply 211September 21, 2019 2:50 PM

Sheets! I sleep on the mattress, like any respectable rough trade hooker!

by Anonymousreply 212September 21, 2019 2:57 PM

I have changed my sheets twice since this thread started. And some people are still lying in their March skin crumbs.

by Anonymousreply 213September 21, 2019 4:39 PM

You should be more concerned about mattress covers and pillow covers. An unprotected coil mattress can double in weight over 10 years from all the dead skin cells end dust mites!

by Anonymousreply 214September 21, 2019 5:09 PM

It's true!

by Anonymousreply 215September 21, 2019 5:15 PM

Every 2 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 216September 21, 2019 5:27 PM

r214 repeating a false urban legend

by Anonymousreply 217September 21, 2019 10:30 PM

I have white sheets and a white blanket. I wash them all in hot water and bleach once a week. If company is coming, I have a really great quilt set that goes on.

by Anonymousreply 218September 21, 2019 10:55 PM

R163 gets the expensive stuff that's soy based with chamomile tea extract.

by Anonymousreply 219September 21, 2019 11:09 PM

R214 either a mattress salesperson or one who has been around one recently.

by Anonymousreply 220September 21, 2019 11:10 PM

The BEST sheets are those that are dried on a clothesline outside.

DLers who do this KNOW this to be true!

by Anonymousreply 221September 22, 2019 12:29 AM

[quote]r212 Sheets! I sleep on the mattress, like any respectable rough trade hooker!

I think I've done that twice in my life, when I got home late and was just too tired to unpack the clean laundry.

I woke up feeling so tawdry. With stitch imppressions on my face from the mattress.

by Anonymousreply 222September 22, 2019 4:23 AM

“‘Six pins, Dolores. You know that’s the way I like it. Six pins, not 5.’ Before you know it, that row of sheets stretch out 20 years.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223September 22, 2019 9:49 PM

It seems to be common in European hotels to wrap the bedspread in sheets. I assume this is because sheets are easier to wash, than is a bedspread. And it’s more hygienic. It is gross that some hotels don’t clean the bedspread after each guest.

I learned from DataLounge, when entering a hotel room, to put your luggage in the bathtub. Then pull up the corner of a hotel fitted sheet, and then look for bedbugs. If none, then you can unpack your luggage.

by Anonymousreply 224September 22, 2019 9:58 PM

every Friday. You people are gross who do it less than that.

by Anonymousreply 225September 22, 2019 10:05 PM

It's ironic Americans look down on European and British people who don't shower everyday, yet you don't change your drawers, bed linens, or towels as frequently as we do. It's no wonder so many have problems getting laid.

by Anonymousreply 226September 22, 2019 10:11 PM

R226, it’s not that we, Americans, “look down” on European and British people who don't shower everyday, it is that we can smell them, don’t like it.

by Anonymousreply 227September 22, 2019 10:14 PM

R227 Those of us who bathe each day, yet shower every other day (and I personally have a long soak once or twice a week) do not necessarily smell, unless some of us are skipping deodorant or anti-perspirant. Why are you not as fastidious with the linens and towels is the question, which you haven't answered. Even my Irish relatives who were not particularly rich changed sheets every other day, and towels each day. It just seems like all the excessive showering doesn't make up for lying in filth, and toweling off with less than fresh towels IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 228September 22, 2019 10:32 PM

R228, well, congratulations on your personal hygiene program.

I change my sheets weekly, maybe a little more often. I change my bath towels about every 3-4 days. I don’t think more frequent cleaning provides any benefit, and of course it requires resources.

I can’t speak for the dirty birds above.

by Anonymousreply 229September 22, 2019 10:48 PM

I bidet my old whore ass after every dumb, yet I also wash it with a wash cloth at the end of every shower. That white wash is then hung to dry and not used again, then almost boiled (95C) with its brothers and sisters and other white towels on Saturday or Sunday morning.

by Anonymousreply 230September 22, 2019 10:52 PM

Once a week for showering and once a month for changing your sheets is enough.

by Anonymousreply 231September 22, 2019 11:09 PM

I wash in cold water with my own homemade detergent and I line dry everything outside year 'round.

How's this ^ for virtue shrieking?

by Anonymousreply 232September 22, 2019 11:10 PM

I wash in cold water with my own homemade detergent and I line dry everything outside year 'round.

How's this ^ for virtue shrieking?

by Anonymousreply 233September 22, 2019 11:10 PM

R233 I'll bet your linens smell lovely, as long as you're changing regularly! Line-dried is always fresher, especially if the sun is out. Sheets are crisper too that way. Even 25 min of UV kills germs.

by Anonymousreply 234September 22, 2019 11:15 PM

I don’t trust the air in my city to be clean. It doesn’t look dirty, but I know the dirt is out there. Line-drying can make sheets dirtier.

by Anonymousreply 235September 22, 2019 11:24 PM

gross graphics here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236September 22, 2019 11:54 PM

Avoiding all bacteria shortens your life because you never build immunities. Young babies should be fed roaches and other bugs.

by Anonymousreply 237September 22, 2019 11:57 PM

You can't and shouldn't avoid "all bacteria" but you can and should wash your damned sheets once a week. Crissakes!

by Anonymousreply 238September 22, 2019 11:58 PM

This obsession with how often you change sheets is ridiculous. You change them when you feel like it. Doesn't make much of a difference how often you do it.

by Anonymousreply 239September 23, 2019 12:14 AM

Obviously it doesn't matter. It's a free world.

by Anonymousreply 240September 23, 2019 12:18 AM

Every week. There is nothing better than getting in to a bed, where the sheets are crisp and clean.

by Anonymousreply 241September 23, 2019 12:20 AM

It’s easier than changing hearts and minds.

by Anonymousreply 242September 23, 2019 12:22 AM

R231 Are you serious? Or was that a joke?

by Anonymousreply 243September 23, 2019 12:52 AM

r226 you wouldn't have to change your sheets every other day if you showered every day. You'd be clean and so would your sheets.

And yes, you stink.

by Anonymousreply 244September 23, 2019 2:36 AM

Americans have more problems getting laid than Brits do?

by Anonymousreply 245September 23, 2019 2:39 AM

Did The Boy in the Plastic Bubble have bed sheets? Where did he jerk off? Did his pits and feet smell?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246September 23, 2019 3:11 AM

R231 I hope we never date. Lmao

by Anonymousreply 247September 23, 2019 3:13 AM

Only if I get shit stains on the sheets, or pee stains. I love laying in the crusty cum memories of hookups past, now if an enjoyable one comes back I definitely will change the sheets. Then I lick them once they leave.

by Anonymousreply 248September 23, 2019 4:21 AM

Ever notice how much cooler the temps are of the freshly washed sheets as compared to the dirty ones? That's because the accumulated mites feasting on your skin pelt scraps creates off a lot of heat. Truth.

by Anonymousreply 249September 23, 2019 5:03 AM

We change our sheets every leap year!

by Anonymousreply 250September 23, 2019 11:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!