Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tatum O'Neal is Broke

No wonder Tatum is playing nice with Ryan again recently (in interviews and on Instagram) and wants another fake reconciliation, She's eyeing his will. Ryan cut off the gravy train in 2012.

Tatum O'neal's Son Seeking Funding For Photography Exhibit - 09 March 2016

Tatum O'neal and John McEnroe's photographer son Sean has launched a fundraising campaign to pay for his next exhibit. Sean recently underwent chest reconstruction surgery and explains he is now in debt and unable to pay the $10,000 (£7,035) for printing and framing 32 of his photos for a show at the The Jewish Museum of Florida. "If I can raise enough money to successfully print all 32 photos, it would truly mean the world to me," he continued. "Thank you so much for taking the time to consider this."

After launching his fundraising campaign, some users questioned why the celebrity offspring is seeking cash, but Sean's mum Tatum explains he is not in contact with his father and she is unable to contribute.

"Sean does not speak to his father," she writes on social media. "Nor am i (sic) aware if his father speaks to him. And I am unfortunately unable to fund this for Sean right now. So economy has effected (sic) all of us."

Tatum was married to former tennis star John from 1986 to 1994. They are also parents to Sean's siblings, Kevin and Emily.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240October 6, 2019 1:49 AM

Aww, poor Taters.

by Anonymousreply 1August 28, 2019 9:30 PM

In 2012, As usual, Loser spoiled Tatum was punishing her father for her failures and for being broke and of course blaming him for her drug relapse.

Tatum and Griffin have no problem in humiliating their father and constantly reminding him what a terrible father he was, while using him to get jobs, or have places to live, or rescue them. I'm Glad Ryan cut her off once and for all.

March 8, 2012

Tatum O’Neal and her father, Ryan, got into a heated fight at his Malibu mansion during the holidays, and shortly thereafter the troubled Academy Award winning actress had a cocaine relapse , RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

“These two have gotten into arguments before, but this one was an epic one,” a source tells RadarOnline.com. “Tatum was upset that she’s broke and that their failed reality show for Oprah’s OWN network was canceled, and that Ryan wasn’t doing anything to help her. Tatum accused him of being a narcissist, and he got in her face and told her to get the f*ck out of his house. He accused her of being a horrible mother and that just pushed her over the edge, because one of her children had been living with Ryan.”

With Tatum’s financial situation in dire straits, and no acting prospects on the horizon, she turned to cocaine. “It was so sad, Tatum felt so alone and she needed to numb the pain because it was just too intense. She went on a bender for about two weeks before she recognized that if she didn’t stop she would die,” the insider says.

“Tatum is broke. She didn’t have the money to pay for the upscale facility she is at and so she asked Redmond for a loan,” the insider told RadarOnline.com. “He was happy to loan the money to his sister, with the understanding that their father Ryan would pay him back. However, Ryan and Tatum got into another epic fight recently and he told her he reneged on the offer to pay Redmond back. It now looks like Redmond won’t get his loan back, which actually doesn’t bother him all that much, he’s just happy to be able to help out his sister.”

Meanwhile, It appears that Ryan “has absolutely no plans for paying Redmond back. Ryan says that unless Tatum apologizes to him, he wants nothing to do with her. It’s truly sad that this family can’t get along,” the source says.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 28, 2019 9:32 PM

Perhaps Tatum should get together with Tori Spelling for another garage sale.

by Anonymousreply 3August 28, 2019 9:32 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 28, 2019 9:35 PM

She was terrific as Cherie Currie's mom in The Runaways movie.

by Anonymousreply 5August 28, 2019 9:37 PM

"Tatum was upset that she’s broke and that their failed reality show for Oprah’s OWN network was canceled, and that Ryan wasn’t doing anything to help her"

The Nerve!

Ryan produced the flop ridiculous reality show at Tatum request and pressure, Tatum said in her second book that Ryan didn't want to do it but she kept pushing him, he helped her when she was sick/addict twice in 2010 (after humiliating him with her book in 2004) and welcomed her and her son Sean to stay at his home (because Sean wanted to be an actor and wanted his grandfather to help him). All of this and she's still bitching and blaming him for her failures.

What an entitled loser brat.

by Anonymousreply 6August 28, 2019 9:45 PM

Her son needs chest reconstruction surgery?

by Anonymousreply 7August 28, 2019 9:49 PM

Is Redmond in the slammer?

Was Redmond Farrah's sole heir?

by Anonymousreply 8August 28, 2019 9:52 PM

R8 Yes

by Anonymousreply 9August 28, 2019 9:53 PM

Maybe the artiste son should get a fucking job rather than begging a large sum to print his fucking photos.

by Anonymousreply 10August 28, 2019 9:54 PM

Did her son Sean have a mastectomy?

by Anonymousreply 11August 28, 2019 9:56 PM

What is with Ryan's shoes in R4? They don't look like typical old man Velcro sneakers, and I can't imagine that would be his style.

by Anonymousreply 12August 28, 2019 9:58 PM

R10 I agree, but that is expected from Tatum and her "artist" son if your read her second book:

That's what I wrote in the other thread:

"I just finished reading Tatum's second book "Found: A Daughter's Journey Home". After reading all three books (her first book "Paper Life" and Ryan O'Neal's book "My life with Farah") I have a different take now, and came away somewhat perplexed concerning Tatum's "truth's"

23 year-old Sean (who has never held a job) gets a craving out of nowhere to get to better know his lifetime-absent "grandpa" just about the same time he's bent on starting a film career? Ryan lets Sean live in his Malibu beach house, rent-free while taking him to parties and places that no unemployed wannabe actor would ever have the opportunity for otherwise, seems the young slacker's motivation, not getting closer to granddad. When a rift occurs between the two, Sean leaves Ryan's home without a goodbye or word of thanks for the months of free room and board.

When I finished the book I just got the feeling that all of O'Neal's kids (especially Tatum and Griffin) get quite a lot of mileage out of reminding Ryan what a terrible father he was, while using him to get jobs, or have places to live, or rescue them."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 28, 2019 9:59 PM

R4, I hope Ryan hasn't named Tatum his health proxy. She'd pull the plug in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 14August 28, 2019 10:03 PM

I hope Ryan wouldn't allow Tatum back in his life, He did that many times before and she proved herself to be a toxic obnoxious brat, he doesn't need more stress in this time of his life.

by Anonymousreply 15August 28, 2019 10:07 PM

I know Sean slightly and I was aware that he sponged off his mother for months. She had very little money and he hit on her for loans all the time. And now that she can't help him he goes public. She isn't a monster- there are many sides to this crazy story.

by Anonymousreply 16August 28, 2019 10:08 PM

In 2013: Tatum O'neal's sells house. New York condominium has sold for $1.72 million, $70,000 more than the original asking price.

She spent all the money on drugs and booze??!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 28, 2019 10:10 PM

Egads, another O'Neal thread? Are the authors of these books infiltrating DL?

by Anonymousreply 18August 28, 2019 10:11 PM

R16 "I was aware that he sponged off his mother for months. and he hit on her for loans all the time"

Like mother, Like son

Tatum (and Griffin) sponged off her father for Years! expecting him to take care of her financially and bail her out when she's 40 or 50 years old and all of this while bitching, humiliating and blaming him for her failure?!

by Anonymousreply 19August 28, 2019 10:17 PM

Wonder if Griffin’s kids get money from grandad. If not, is Griff Op?

by Anonymousreply 20August 28, 2019 10:26 PM

How much did Farrah leave Redmond? Millions?

by Anonymousreply 21August 28, 2019 10:27 PM

R20 Ryan established trust funds for his grandchildren (Patrick and Griffin's children).

From Ryan's book:

".Patrick and actress Rebecca DeMornay, who had been dating for a while, have their first child. They’ll have another daughter in 2001. I establish trust funds for both, as I had previously for Griffin’s children."

Ryan has a good relationship with Griffin children. He tweeted a photo with his great grandson in 2013:

'Had a wonderful day with my new great-grandson Sidney. Happy #MemorialDay to all!' he added. Along with the written words were pictures of him and the grandson of O'Neal's son Griffin O'Neal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 28, 2019 10:41 PM

No $$$ for Tate’s kids?

by Anonymousreply 23August 28, 2019 10:53 PM

I used to be fascinated by this family. Used to be.

by Anonymousreply 24August 28, 2019 10:56 PM

R23 I'm not sure, But I guess, considering who's the father of Tatum's children, Ryan didn't see the need to establish them trust funds.

Also, Ryan properly met Tatum's kids, only after Farrah's death, Tatum herself admitted in her 2nd book that Ryan asked her many times (letters/phone calls) during the 1990s and 2000s to meet his grandkids to know them, but his repeated requests got rejected.

Tatum was punishing her father as usual.

by Anonymousreply 25August 28, 2019 11:00 PM

R25, Tatum didn't even invite Ryan to her wedding.

by Anonymousreply 26August 29, 2019 12:29 AM

R25 Yeah, but Tatum had the nerve to complain later about Ryan not knowing her children (even though she admitted in her book that Ryan asked to meet them many times but she rejected him).

Tatum O'neal has blasted her father Ryan O'Neal on national TV again - by insisting he's a hopeless grandfather.

The actress appeared on America's OPRAH show yesterday to promote her explosive memoirs A PAPER MOON, but the interview quickly turned into another rant about her dad.

After attacking him for his violent rages, O'Neal said, "I'm sorry that he didn't see my oldest son graduate from high school. My eldest son, I just drove him to college and he doesn't even know he graduated.

"On 23 September (04), my son just turned 17. He didn't call him. These are the kind of things that Ryan is not a part of."

by Anonymousreply 27August 29, 2019 12:41 AM

OP/Ryan, enough.

by Anonymousreply 28August 29, 2019 12:44 AM

R28 No, Tatum!

by Anonymousreply 29August 29, 2019 12:46 AM

What does she do anymore? Is she still on drugs? Part of me has always felt somewhat bad for her (can you imagine winning an Oscar before you've started your period? Talk about peaking), but she's always always struck me as an unseemly/gross person. There is something unlikable about her.

by Anonymousreply 30August 29, 2019 12:52 AM

So, the kid is a tranny? What the fuck is chest reconstruction surgery?

by Anonymousreply 31August 29, 2019 12:55 AM

R31 hahaaa, No

He fell from a tree (in Ireland), and injured himself and required a chest reconstruction surgery.

by Anonymousreply 32August 29, 2019 1:00 AM

R30 The more I know about her, The more I realize how unlikable and Fake she is, an entitled spoiled brat/Loser who can't get over her failed adult career while using her dad as a punching bag/scapegoat.

by Anonymousreply 33August 29, 2019 1:07 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 29, 2019 1:14 AM

September 21, 2015

Rosie O’Donnell and Tatum O’Neal have been dating for just a few weeks, but they’re ready to cash in on their relationship: RadarOnline.com has learned that the couple has been offered a deal for a reality TV show — and they’re considering it!

Even though the couple has been together for less than two months , “A production company has expressed interest in doing a reality show with Tatum and Rosie,” a source told Radar. “Tatum had done a reality show with her dad, Ryan, and even though it caused headlines for all the wrong reasons, she loved doing it.”

“Rosie, however, is very hesitant to do a reality show because of all the turmoil going on in her life,” the source continued.

“But Tatum has been pushing for the show to give Rosie a platform to reveal her side of the story.”

O’Neal only recently publicly revealed she was a lesbian and a family sources told Radar, “Some doubt the sudden change in her sexuality. Tatum will do anything for attention.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 29, 2019 1:18 AM

Anyone else getting a Borderline vibe from Tatum after reading all these O’Neal threads? Dramatic, erratic, attention-seeking behavior seems to be the norm where she grew up so she never had a chance to develop into a functional human. I can’t help feeling sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 36August 29, 2019 1:32 AM

Are any of Tatum and John's kids in contact with John and Patti Smyth? They seem close to Tatum but not John and Patti.

by Anonymousreply 37August 29, 2019 1:34 AM

R36 I believe Tatum has Borderline personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 38August 29, 2019 1:43 AM

Breast reconstruction? Transitioning?

Sean O'Neal won't have to change their name (again).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 29, 2019 1:48 AM

Funny how Tatum deleted this photo (with her father in the hospital) R4 from her Instagram after some people questioned why would she post something private like that on her Instagram! they saw through her fakeness and wondered how convenient for her to play the caring nice daughter when her father is near death.

by Anonymousreply 40August 29, 2019 1:57 AM

R39, Gay face.

by Anonymousreply 41August 29, 2019 2:14 AM

R37 I think the kids are closer to Tatum (even though she was a full blown addict during their childhood) because Tatum is forever playing the eternal victim, they feel sorry for her and want to protect her. The manipulation of the toxic borderline parent (Tatum).

by Anonymousreply 42August 29, 2019 2:23 AM

All these O'Neal threads have been giving the Mia Farrow/Woody Allen threads a run for their money....

When Ryan and Mia were starring together in Peyton Place, whoever thought they'd be the elder statesman and woman of DataLounge???

by Anonymousreply 43August 29, 2019 2:35 AM

I would guess that the kids are closer to Tatum. She’s a mess but John McEnroe has a terrible temper and is a generally nasty guy. Tatum essentially married a younger version of her father. She’s probably no treat but I’d rather be around someone who’s loony than someone I’m afraid of.

by Anonymousreply 44August 29, 2019 3:35 AM

How does Patty pronounce her last name? Or does the "y" give it the hard "I"? Smithe?

by Anonymousreply 45August 29, 2019 4:54 AM

It's interesting that when these Tatum threads started, there was a lot of support for her and now it's she has this disorder and is manipulative. What happened?

I wonder how Patty Smyth feels about the kids now? She helped raise them yet I don't see she posts a lot about them on her social media.

by Anonymousreply 46August 29, 2019 5:06 AM

Irish are so trashy.

by Anonymousreply 47August 29, 2019 6:33 AM

R47, Look at the Kennedys.

by Anonymousreply 48August 29, 2019 6:41 AM

Gee, this could be why father and son are no longer speaking.

"He was born Sean McEnroe, the son of John McEnroe and Tatum O’Nealbut last year, Sean decided to drop his father’s last name and take his mom’s as his surname.

“I changed my name to Sean O’Neal – it’s nothing against my dad but I wanted to have my own path that is not so directly linked to him because it’s just the way people have [always] perceived me,” O’Neal, 28, tells PEOPLE. “I just wanted to forge my own identity.”

As for his, at times, complex relationship with his father, he says, “We’re trying to work things out. We have some differences regarding how I should live my life but I respect him and I just want to do things on my own and make it my own way."

by Anonymousreply 49August 29, 2019 6:58 AM

R49 Sean is an opportunistic attention whore just like his mother. He wants to be an "artist" and think the "O'Neal"last name will open doors for him easily and also eyeing Ryan's will.

Why would Sean want the last name of his grandfather, a man, Sean claims he doesn't like but stays for free at his beach home (when he doesn't have any place to stay) and asks him for help him in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 50August 29, 2019 8:34 AM

R46 If your read other sides of the story/other threads about Ryan/Tatum, you will find this from R33 ,The more I know about her, The more I realize how unlikable and Fake she is, an entitled spoiled brat/Loser who can't get over her failed adult career while using her dad as a punching bag/scapegoat.

by Anonymousreply 51August 29, 2019 8:40 AM

R49 Funny how this People article about Sean changing his last name dated in June 04, 2016, just 3 months after he was begging the public for money to fund his art!

From the article: "O’Neal, a Los Angeles-based photographer, is hoping his first solo exhibition of pictures he took in Nepal after the earthquake – opening June 4, at Hollywood’s LAM Gallery – will help others begin to see him in a new way, for his work, rather than just his name."

If he wanted to be known just for his work, not for his last name, he should have changed it to an unknown name, not the name of his famous grandfather.

by Anonymousreply 52August 29, 2019 8:49 AM

O'Neal is a very common Irish last name. No one would ever assume he was Ryan's grandson. I've met a few O'Neals here and there over the years (different spellings, maybe) but it never occurred to me to consider if they were related to Ryan O'Neal. It's like wondering if someone with the last name Lopez is related to JLo. There is no way to automatically grift on a "famous name" that's so generic.

Now McEnroe on the other hand? Not so common. I might wonder if the person was related.

by Anonymousreply 53August 29, 2019 10:10 AM

Ryan intended to leave Andy Warhol portrait of Farrah Fawcett, to his son Redmond and then pass it to Redmond's kids. But he's in jail now and will be for Years. Ryan is now selling the portrait because he he doesn't want to leave it to his other kids. (who can blame him really?)

April 15, 2019

"Iconic Hollywood star Ryan O’Neal is quietly shopping a famed Andy Warhol portrait of his ex, Farrah Fawcett, for as much as $18 million, Page Six has exclusively learned.

A source added O’Neal wants the Warhol to be in the hands of an art collector, and doesn’t want to leave the work to his grown kids.

An art insider told Page Six, “Ryan O’Neal is quietly trying to unload his Warhol portrait of his ex, Farrah Fawcett. Initially, he wanted $20 million, but it’s now marked down to $18 million.” The source added O’Neal would be “willing to let it go for less.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 29, 2019 10:33 AM

R54, Farrah had two Warhol portraits. Who has the other one?

by Anonymousreply 55August 29, 2019 10:58 AM

R55 University of Texas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 29, 2019 11:06 AM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 57August 29, 2019 10:06 PM

R57 = Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 58August 29, 2019 10:07 PM

[quote]How does Patty pronounce her last name? Or does the "y" give it the hard "I"? Smithe?

McEnroe... Mac- N- Row.

by Anonymousreply 59August 29, 2019 10:42 PM

Tatum will be at the Chiller autograph show in Jersey in October.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 29, 2019 10:43 PM

Sean is an entitled brat and Liar, just like his mother

"Just because your father’s a tennis legend and your mother is an Oscar winner doesn’t mean you can’t use a little extra cash.

At least that’s the case for Sean O’Neal, the 28-year-old son of John McEnroe and Tatum O’Neal. The LA-based photographer set up a GoFundMe page on March 2 asking the public to give him $10,000 so he could make prints for an upcoming photo exhibition.

“I wanted to do this on my own . . . without asking for handouts from my family,” he tells The Post.

There’s one problem: The exhibition never existed.

Although Sean’s GoFundMe page stated that money collected would go toward a show to be put on by Miami’s Jewish Museum of Florida and the Anti-Defamation League, his now ex-manager, Barbara Assante, admits to The Post that, in fact, there was no confirmed exhibit. Rather, the fund-raising was more broadly to help Sean pay for printing and framing his art in pursuit of a show.

Sean, who says he was deceived by Assante, has since shuttered the page, returned the $858 raised, and fired Assante.

“[Sean] was the one who got things mixed up and moved a little too quickly before things were confirmed,” says Assante. (The Anti-Defamation League had no comment.)

Sean says he’s in dire need of funds to pursue his art following a Jan. 14 surgery to fix a chest injury sustained six years ago. “I was swinging on a [tree] branch in Ireland and I fell,” he explains. “I broke my sternum, clavicle and rib.”

Although Sean said on GoFundMe that the operation had left him “in debt,” he admits he has yet to be billed for the procedure, performed at USC’s Keck Medical Center.

“I think I’m going to have to pay like $30,000, even with insurance,” says Sean.

Not everyone is sympathetic to the plight of the poor rich boy who grew up on the Upper West Side. Sean’s father, now a sports commentator, is estimated be worth $50 million, and his maternal grandfather, “Love Story” actor Ryan O’Neal, is said to have about $15 million to his name.

“Sorry, you’ve got a lot more money than anybody I know. This is weird,” commented one man on the fund-raising page.

Sean, who studied theater at Occidental College in Los Angeles and is currently unemployed, has supported himself by working as a busboy and a Lyft driver.

“It’s very hard to be an artist in this economy,” he explains. “It makes me feel good about myself to try to raise the money myself and do it on my own two feet.”

His mom Tatum echoes that sentiment to The Post. “My oldest son [Kevin] is a bartender in New York struggling to make ends meet, my daughter [Emily] does babysitting. The idea that kids who come from what are perceived to be wealthy families — it isn’t always what it seems to be.”

Tatum also spoke out on her son’s Go Fund Me page.

“Sean does not speak to his father,” she wrote. “Nor am I aware if his father speaks to him.”

Sean says he does speak to his hotheaded father — infamous for his on-court tantrums — but admits that they are “on and off.”

“My dad and I don’t necessarily see eye-to-eye on . . . the way I should live my life,” says Sean.

Sean grew up in Manhattan with his older brother, author Kevin, and younger sister, Emily, an actress. He enjoyed the perks of fame-by-association, such as hobnobbing with his mom’s celeb pals, including Kate Moss.

But after John and Tatum’s 1994 divorce, Tatum — who won an Oscar in 1974 at age 10 for her performance in “Paper Moon” and who has battled drugs since age 14 — relapsed into a heroin addiction.

“My brother and I were really intuitive,” Sean recalls. “Any time we knew something was off [with Tatum’s drug use], we . . . stayed in our rooms . . . [or] went to movies and played basketball.”

Tatum, now reportedly sober, insists she’ll be in charge of Sean’s career from now on. “Sean hadn’t yet started vetting stuff through me,” she says of his hiring of Assante. “Now everyone has to go through me.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 29, 2019 10:53 PM

Maybe Ryan or John paid off his hospital bill secretly.

by Anonymousreply 62August 30, 2019 2:37 AM

Sean comes off as gayer than gay.

by Anonymousreply 63August 30, 2019 4:44 AM

R62 I actually think Ryan paid for Sean's surgery. From the article above, they said the accident/chest injury was in 2010, during that time Tatum and Sean were sponging off Ryan, Tatum and Sean were staying at Ryan's Malibu beach home around that period and Tatum was pushing her dad to do the flop reality show with her. So it's very possible that Ryan paid for Sean's surgery.

by Anonymousreply 64August 30, 2019 10:23 AM

The kid seems borderline retarded. Tatum must have been doing some heavy drugs when she was pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 65August 30, 2019 11:25 AM

From Tatum’s social media. A long instagram post about her mother.

Seems lonely, melancholy and high these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 30, 2019 5:39 PM

R66 Tatum is delusional , she wants to paints her negligent addict crazy mother as a helpless victim.

by Anonymousreply 67August 30, 2019 5:48 PM

That filter in R66's photo is rather intense.

by Anonymousreply 68August 30, 2019 5:50 PM

R66 "Seems lonely, melancholy and high these days."

Her father cut her out for good and Tatum can't use him anymore as her punching bag . She thrives on that toxic relationship.

by Anonymousreply 69August 30, 2019 5:53 PM

Who here is the Tater Hater???

by Anonymousreply 70August 30, 2019 6:07 PM

Drama queen Tatum, trashing John McEnroe calling him a sociopath in 2002, Now she's describing him as a decent moral man!

"He's a sociopath," Tatum charges in a series of interviews she just gave to Britain's Daily Mail. Though she says her father, Ryan O'Neal, "could be violent," she contends she has "never met a crueler man in my life" than McEnroe.

"He has convinced the children I am stupid, so they will never come to me for advice. He has poisoned them against me," she snarls.

O'Neal claims her ex is far from the ideal dad. But it's his notorious rudeness that really draws her ire. On trips, O'Neal says, he would "push past kids at the airport, and his tennis rackets would be just at the level where they'd hit them in the face. But he wouldn't even look back and apologize. So, guess what, I now have boys who just bash through doors and push past little girls."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 30, 2019 6:24 PM

You gotta admit John McEnroe is an asshole. Really.

by Anonymousreply 72August 30, 2019 7:24 PM

More of Tatum's lying and contradictions:

In the interview below, with Barbara Walters, she claimed her father advised her to take Cocaine at 15 to lose weight.

But in her book, Tatum claimed it was Peter Sellers daughter who advised/taught her that :

"WHAT FOLLOWED FOR ME was a period of drifting and—finally abandoning my vow to stay clean—losing myself in drugs. It started when I got a bit chubby, by Hollywood and Farrah-comparison standards. now I learned that cocaine was good for weight loss. The person who tipped me off was a new friend,Victoria Sellers, the daughter of Peter Sellers and Britt Ekland. She also shared another powerful dieting strategy: vomiting. Between doing coke and throwing up, the pounds started melting off me effortlessly. It didn't take me long to get down to about ninety pounds."

Tatum is crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 31, 2019 1:16 AM

Then on Wendy Williams show last year, she denied she ever accused her father of that. (she forgot her Barbara Walters interview)

by Anonymousreply 74August 31, 2019 1:20 AM

Didn't Tatum claim Melanie Griffith forced her into an orgy or something when she was a kid? I always found that story very bizarre, and now I question whether it happened. Did Melanie ever comment on it?

by Anonymousreply 75August 31, 2019 1:40 AM

Melanie couldn't get arrested at that point she was happy to be put in the news again.

by Anonymousreply 76August 31, 2019 1:44 AM

R76 Tatum claims she felt so betrayed by Menalie but still invited to her birthday party in 1980!! Of course she didn't mention that but Ryan said that in his book.

by Anonymousreply 77August 31, 2019 2:15 AM

ALL of these people are dreadful, despicable pieces of shit: Ryan O'Neal, Tatum O'Neal, John McEnroe, and all their wretched offspring. They're really not worth discussing. They're not worth it. They're not worth anything.

by Anonymousreply 78August 31, 2019 2:22 AM

They speak well of you. 🚨

by Anonymousreply 79August 31, 2019 2:25 AM

Here is Ryan, Tatum, and Melanie together. Ryan was hot as fuck--and that chest hair!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 31, 2019 2:28 AM

R80 I can't blame Melanie for fucking him.

by Anonymousreply 81August 31, 2019 2:34 AM

Did Melanie fuck Ryan? I wasn't aware of this.

by Anonymousreply 82August 31, 2019 2:36 AM

R82 Yes, Melanie fucked Ryan and when Tatum found out, she went crazy and according to her tried to commit suicide. Tatum was pathologically/abnormally jealous of her father affairs with women.

by Anonymousreply 83August 31, 2019 2:40 AM

Damn R83, Melanie sure has gotten some prime dick in her lifetime—Ryan, young Don Johnson, Antonio Banderas—bitch is lucky. She was quite gorgeous in her prime though, so it's not shocking.

by Anonymousreply 84August 31, 2019 2:42 AM

I never thought Melanie Griffith was particularly "gorgeous" in her youth. She looked like a generic blonde teenager. I think she was a teenager when she and Don Johnson did a soft porn photo spread for Playboy. It's funny as hell; they're trying so hard to be so very, very sexy. In one of the photos he's biting her ass, which has a pear tattooed on it. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 85August 31, 2019 2:48 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 31, 2019 2:53 AM

I could see Tatum O'Neal doing Roxie Hart on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 87August 31, 2019 2:58 AM

Melanie may not have been drop-dead gorgeous, but Tatum was downright homely. She looked like a boy in Paper Moon and continued to look like a boy until she was in at least her 20s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 31, 2019 3:01 AM

R83, Didn't Tatum discover them in bed together?

by Anonymousreply 89August 31, 2019 3:11 AM

R89 But Ryan wasn't fucking Melanie in the open or something, It was in his locked bedroom, Tatum intruded her father's privacy and got the keys of Ryan locked bedroom and opened it.

From Tatum self serving book:

" Melanie started to disappear for long stretches, which left me feeling painfully rejected. Desperate to know what was going on—and dreading the truth—I did something intrusive. I got a key to my father's room. When I unlocked the door, I found exactly what I feared—Melanie was in bed, having sex, with my father."

by Anonymousreply 90August 31, 2019 3:16 AM

Remember Tatum O'Neal's "sizzling" affair with Rex Smith? Long, long ago I remember a tabloid story about it. That's the word it used to describe it: "sizzling."

by Anonymousreply 91August 31, 2019 3:32 AM

R91, Well, Rex's cock is pretty sizzling.

by Anonymousreply 92August 31, 2019 3:45 AM

I would have fucked Ryan if I'd had the chance too. I'm team Melanie on that one.

by Anonymousreply 93August 31, 2019 3:49 AM

The fact that Tatum felt the need to actually witness her dad fucking Melanie is disturbing to me. Melanie was a young woman, and Tatum was still a kid--it's not like they were both 12 year olds. TBH Tatum didn't really have any business hanging out with the people she was hanging out with in her childhood, as they were all significantly older than her. I think Melanie is six or seven years older than her.

by Anonymousreply 94August 31, 2019 3:57 AM

Ryan was SO hot in his prime. Tatum got a lot of his features, but they unfortunately didn't translate well on a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 31, 2019 4:17 AM

R95 Yeah, like Elvis.

Lisa Marie got her father's looks but it didn't translate good on a woman/girl.

by Anonymousreply 96August 31, 2019 4:22 AM

More of Ryan's ass. I want it in my face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 31, 2019 4:31 AM

R97 so does Tatum, dear.

by Anonymousreply 98August 31, 2019 4:34 AM

R94 Another crazy thing, in Tatum's self serving book, she blamed her father when he would lock the door of his bedroom when he had a woman in there. Tatum would demand to be let in and Ryan refused and said "No you can't" . She recounted this as if it was wrong from her father to do that.

From Tatum book:

"Caroline was an icy beauty, always perfect turned out In gleaming silk blouses and gabardine slacks. She had something powerful to offer my father. My father locked me out of his bedroom, shutting the door "You don't get to come in here. Only Caroline can.'I cried outside his door for what seemed like hours. It was a huge betrayal. Nothing hurt me more than being shut out by my father with his she-can-come-in-but-you-can't"

by Anonymousreply 99August 31, 2019 4:39 AM

R98 I know I will be attacked for saying this but I really believe Tatum's main problem with Ryan that she wanted her father to fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 100August 31, 2019 4:41 AM

That is fucking demented R99. Did Ryan molest her? I don't understand where else that sort of pathology toward one's parent would come from.

by Anonymousreply 101August 31, 2019 4:44 AM

R101 No, If Ryan molested her, Tatum wouldn't hesitate for a minute to say it.

I think Tatum had/has pathological love for her father. She said "I fell in love with my father but not in a sexual way."

by Anonymousreply 102August 31, 2019 4:48 AM

"If Ryan molested her, Tatum wouldn't hesitate for a minute to say it."

She might be saving that for her third book.

by Anonymousreply 103August 31, 2019 5:13 AM

After reading most of the newish Tatum posts, including this, I don't know what to think anymore.

I even got her first book from the local library (no Kindle version), but I ended up not having the energy to read it.

I think she's a pretty broken person. She had a rough childhood and grew up too fast around the wrong crowd. I watched about 2 episodes of her reality show with Ryan and he came off much better than she did: He was trying to be normal, and she kept trying to amp the drama to the point of annoying. Her "poor me" attitude is exhausting and she seems stuck and/or unable to move on from the past. Understandably, she has huge abandonment issues that clearly haven't been sorted in therapy, but circling the carcass of her own past endlessly is only hurting her more, in the end.

I can't with this family anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 31, 2019 5:16 AM

"Partners" was an absurd movie, but Ryan was hot and he showed his ripe ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 31, 2019 5:17 AM

R104 Ironically, Tatum wanted to humiliate her father in this reality show but she came off as toxic drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 106August 31, 2019 5:26 AM

A far as strapping young Irish-Americans go, Ryan was about as hot as they come.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 31, 2019 5:26 AM

R106 The entire thing was a depressing train wreck. If I want to see either O'Neil, I'll go with "Paper Moon"

by Anonymousreply 108August 31, 2019 5:31 AM

I have nothing to add to this conversation, except that I too want to bury my face in young Ryan O'Neal's ass.

by Anonymousreply 109August 31, 2019 5:35 AM

R109 There's a thread for that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 31, 2019 5:41 AM

[quote]I know I will be attacked for saying this but I really believe Tatum's main problem with Ryan that she wanted her father to fuck her.

Oh stop. She wanted a parent. All kids do. We all take ours for granted because they are naturally doing their job. Ryan from the beginning treated his kids like adults. He had zero desire to father them. Her Mother was mentally ill and self medicating. He was too busy fucking anything that moved. His only kid that isn't screwed up was raised by his mother and far away from Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 111August 31, 2019 6:09 AM

R109 Here's that thread again, corrected

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 31, 2019 6:14 AM

Do you think Ryan will cut Tatum out of his will?!!

by Anonymousreply 113August 31, 2019 6:32 AM

Tatum sounds like a damaged mess, but I've never met her.

On the other hand, I have met John McEnroe and Patti Smyth and can report firsthand that they are two of the most aggressively unpleasant people I've met in my life.

by Anonymousreply 114August 31, 2019 6:44 AM

R114 Deets please

by Anonymousreply 115August 31, 2019 6:48 AM

In r107’s pic, Ryan looks like those hustlers/trades featured in nude pictorials of the early seventies fave Old Reliables. Total street appeal and a certain availability for cash or drugs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 31, 2019 9:58 AM

Old reliables without the censorship

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 31, 2019 10:02 AM

Natural, non-steroid bodies^^

And a little trashy and inelegantly ir unfashionably tattooed way before it was de rigeur.

by Anonymousreply 118August 31, 2019 10:03 AM

R83. I think I know why.

by Anonymousreply 119August 31, 2019 12:03 PM

Tatum is a Narcissist, she can't believe Bruce Willis was rude to her:

"The most disappointing? Off the top of my head, I'd say Bruce Willis. He was so rude to me I was shocked. Usually people are respectful to me just because I've been around so long, but he wasn't. He seemed to be very taken with himself and his own celebrity. He was such an ass I couldn't believe it. He thinks he's special. He's not a cool guy."

Usually people are respectful to me just because I've been around so long, but he wasn't

Fuck off, Tatum. such an entitled spoiled brat.

by Anonymousreply 120August 31, 2019 2:30 PM

I would enjoy knowing exactly how Bruce was rude to Tatum.

by Anonymousreply 121August 31, 2019 2:41 PM

Tatum is talking as if she was a big star or something. Her Oscar and last hit movie was more that 40 years ago. I know nobody likes to be ignored or treated rudely but Tatum is talking like " How dare he, I've been there for along time" Bitch Please.

by Anonymousreply 122August 31, 2019 2:45 PM

I wouldn't ten year old Tatum after the success of Paper Moon to know enough to do this, but if I hit it big in a role and was hot I'd try to parlay that into one of those sitcoms or prime time dramas, something that would go for seven years (yes, yes, easier said that done, I know).

Live modestly (but nicely), invest well and then have a steady income for the harder times.

by Anonymousreply 123August 31, 2019 2:50 PM

Ryan looks like he just fucked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 31, 2019 2:56 PM

R122 Also, from her attitude, It seems that Tatum is not realistic about her Nonexistent star status and bitter about it. She's stuck in past/1970s or when she was married to John McEnroe.

by Anonymousreply 125August 31, 2019 3:14 PM

It's obvious that the main trigger for Tatum's drug problem, is her constant disappointments over failing to regain her very early success/fame and to be in the spotlight . Notice how every time she "publicly" relapse, it's after a career/spotlight disappointment:

Her heroin addiction in the mid 1990s, post divorce, after struggling to get acting roles.

Her drug relapse in 2008, after nothing happened in her career following her tell all daddy dearest book and making the talk shows rounds with the likes of Oprah and Larry king, and then a brief failed Dancing with stars appearance.

2012 relapse, after the flop reality show with her father and another book (also about her father) flopped .

I'm sure after Ryan's death, she will write a third book, It will be "another version" of her relationship with him.

by Anonymousreply 126August 31, 2019 3:20 PM

Don't waste your time reading it. It's an extremely angry, one sided and most importantly Not honest account of what really happened from a very bitter and scorned Tatum.

She even admitted that in her 2nd book, She said when she was writing her first book, she was not okay and didn't get her shit together at that time.

After reading many sides and accounts of the story including Tatum, Ryan, Griffin and others. I think the Truth is in the middle between all of this. People shouldn't just take Tatum's account/s as a gospel. She can't get her story straight, it's inconsistent and all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 127August 31, 2019 8:38 PM

R127 post is directed to R104

by Anonymousreply 128August 31, 2019 10:31 PM

Calling out Attention seeking Tatum O'Neal:

29 September 2011

In her previous memoir, A Paper Life, she described the horrors of her upbringing: the early childhood spent on a ramshackle ranch with her lost, alcoholic mother, who was unable to look after her own children, yet filled her house with a tribe of teenage runaways.

Her father, Ryan O’Neal, rescued Tatum and her brother, Griffin, from this feral existence and for Tatum there followed a few magical years - the filming of Paper Moon for which, aged nine, she became the youngest person ever to win an Academy Award and, more importantly for the neglected little girl, a feeling of belonging, of being her daddy’s girl.

The upshot of all this was that there was a 20-year gap in Tatum’s relationship with her father. For a while her life seemed to stabilize, during her marriage to the tennis player, John McEnroe, with whom she had three children, Kevin, Sean and Emily. But then it fell apart in even more spectacular fashion with a bitter divorce in 1994 and years of drug and alcohol abuse.

The publication of Paper Life in 2004 was “supposed to symbolize the end of one life and the beginning of another.” But O’Neal writes sadly that in fact, publication wasn’t remotely healing, and in 2008 she was arrested for trying to buy crack cocaine. That near-relapse led to a epiphany. As she set about the painful process of picking herself up yet again, she realised that ‘It was time to deal with my biggest unresolved issue. My dad. And so I began a slow, careful attempt to reconcile with him.’

For some reason, Tatum thought that Farrah Fawcett’s funeral would offer a perfect opportunity for her to reconnect with her dad.

For most of us, undertaking a ‘slow, careful’ reconciliation with an estranged parent wouldn’t mean making a reality series about the process and selling it to the Oprah Winfrey Network, but this is the brilliant wheeze that strikes Tatum.

Ryan, oddly enough, has some reservations, but he agrees in the end and before you can say ‘misery memoir’, the cameras are rolling.

Yet while she doesn’t manage to direct him into the kind of relationship she was hoping for, Tatum evidently judges that the process has been therapeutic: ‘Ryan cannot change the past,’ she concludes, ‘but in making a TV show about our reconnection, I believed he had the opportunity to give us the present and a future, and that would be the best gift a father could give his daughter.’

by Anonymousreply 129September 2, 2019 8:12 PM

I am amazed that ANY of these people are still alive. Ryan, Tatum, Griffin, Redmond - they're miserable fuck ups.

"Melanie started to disappear for long stretches, which left me feeling painfully rejected..."

Have any of you considered that Tatum may have had a *relationsip* with Melanie beyond friends? Maybe they had girly make-out sessions prior to Ryan's sexual interest in Melanie. After all, Tatum is at least one half a lesbian and Melanie was a druggie slut.

Ever notice how Ryan looks like Jeffrey Epstein in this pic? I mean his expression. Just an observation, I don't mean he's a perv.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130September 3, 2019 7:09 PM

Why didn't her and Farrah get along?

That must have been weird, though: "Kids, dad is dating the blonde from 'Charlie's Angels'. You be nice to her".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131September 3, 2019 10:10 PM

R131 Tatum didn't like most of her father's women, she was particularly very jealous of Farrah, because Tatum sensed her father was very serious about Farrah and was devoted to her. compared to his other girlfriends It was normal for Ryan to have a serious relationship with a woman and probably settle down but Tatum was pathologically jealous and hated that. She wanted her father only to herself.

Tatum didn't like Diana Ross as well.

From Call Her Miss Ross book by J. Randy Taraborrelli - 1988

"The only sour note in this duet came from Ryan's 15-year-old daughter Tatum who, it was said by friends of Ryan's, didn't like Diana Ross or anyone else her father ever dated. Diana must have noticed that Tatum was spoiled. She got away with much more than her daughters ever did"

by Anonymousreply 132September 3, 2019 10:19 PM

What did Tatum think of Leigh Taylor-Young?

by Anonymousreply 133September 3, 2019 11:44 PM

R133 I don't think she cared about Leigh Taylor-Young one way or another. Because by the time Tatum stayed with her father, Leigh was out of the picture.

by Anonymousreply 134September 3, 2019 11:48 PM

For children of divorce it’s pure hell trying to navigate their parents’ new relationships. The fear of abandonment is ever-present and very hard for those kids to deal with. If you add celebrity, wealth, and substance abuse to an already volatile mix— well, you can see how Tatum might have felt destabilized and threatened by her father’s relationships. It would have helped immensely if Ryan had set better boundaries with Tatum and not treated her as a confidante and girlfriend-in-miniature which seems to have had a disastrous effect upon her. Ryan admits as much in one of the excerpts from his memoir posted on here, IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 135September 4, 2019 12:18 PM

R135 I agree, and Yes, Ryan admitted several times in his book that the lack of boundaries with his children was one of his biggest regrets.

From Ryan's book:

"It might have been different had I enforced healthier boundaries beginning with the filming of Paper Moon, where father and daughter were equal partners, but we acted like adult friends, and it would prove our undoing.

It’s one of my life’s greatest regrets that I didn’t establish stricter boundaries with my children. I was one of those fathers who placed too much value on being a friend to his kids and not enough on being a parent. How I wish someone had sat me down and warned me about the consequences of Malibu-style domesticity. Farrah would try but I could be one stubborn SOB, and all of us would pay the price.

by Anonymousreply 136September 4, 2019 12:47 PM

Ryan (or his ghostwriter!) showing a surprising amount of mature insight there, R136.

by Anonymousreply 137September 4, 2019 1:22 PM

An honest online comment about the Eternal victim Tatum:

"Here is my take. And I watched the OWN show with his daughter. Ryan was a beyond shitty, selfish father, abusive at times. A lot of people are shitty parents. But Tatum and her older brother have played the victim card all the way to now. Tatum is almost fifty and Griffin is in his forties. Tatum has been a piss poor mother, heroin addict, in and out of rehab for years, lost custody. Yet, she even seems to blame everything on Ryan and/or the poor me victim syndrome and that her kids love her and understand. Please. Griffin is a huge loser and scum.

Watching Tatum in the Father/Daughter show on OWN, she came across so whiny and continually bringing up the past. He apologized as much as he is capable and they made some headway in counseling where he tried to make amends. But she wants him to pay for it forever and she wants to talk about it to him forever.

And her jealousy even now of Farrah is bizarre. She couldn’t even let him enjoy a tribute they attended for Farrah, which was emotionally draining for him, without harassing him about the past. He is an old man. At some point grow up and accept your dad as is and enjoy your time with him before he dies. She is incapable.

I came away liking him more and completely over martyr Tatum. Someone even said that in an interview when she was whining. He’s an old man, why don’t you move on from the past, accept you will never get full closure, and focus on where you are now if you want a relationship. What a novel idea. Or keep him out of your life and move on and focus on being a better parent yourself."

by Anonymousreply 138September 5, 2019 3:04 PM

More from the comment:

"My point was she sought him out again and they did a show. No matter how often he said he was sorry or acknowledged things it was never enough.

I started watching the show rooting for her, but realized by the end she is a miserable person who lives in pity for herself and wants to blame him for everything. She has been a bad mother and makes excuses for that, rarely taking responsibility.

She is the one that is trying to have a relationship with him. If she couldn’t forgive him or start anew or whatever, just move on and stop the whining. If you can’t forgive on some level, why are you spending time with him. If she wants the relationship, you can’t spend every second bringing it up to him.

I watched the show and by the end of the show I was so tired of her and felt he had actually made some headway in facing what he had done and trying to apologize. But you can never get all the validation you want. It’s just not possible. That’s my point. I didn’t begrudge her the book or the second book or her anger or keeping him out of her life. But she is just an unhappy middle-aged woman, who has failed her children miserably (lost custody, and child visting walks in on heroin and needle), who has become the poster child for negativity, victimhood and whining, much like Carnie Wilson, where every interview is about her eating issues, not about what they are accomplishing in life."

Tatum will never forgive him, so stay away. Being together and going over something of nauseum will never work. Many people from all walks of life have really bad childhoods or horrific childhoods. Few turn themselves into perpetual victims.

I realized Tatum liked playing the martyr instead of finding peace. Tatum is not a mean person, but she barely raised her own children and let drugs be more important and lost custody. Focus on your children and your sobriety and stay away from dad. She will never have the closure she wants. He is an old man and will never change. She has no relationship. She just seems very unhappy to me for many reasons, not just her upbringing. I read she was in rehab again recently."

by Anonymousreply 139September 5, 2019 3:05 PM

Another spot on comment:

I agree that Tatum sought him out for a show and may need to let go. It may not be a matter of forgiving but taking responsibility for your life. I had a father who made our lives hell, not a drug abuser but still on many levels comparable to Ryan. He is now a broken little old man. One of my siblings still blames my dad for everything that goes wrong in her life, my other sibling is daily striving to be the best dad that he can to his own children.

I myself initially vowed to never forgive, he’s never tried to make amends like Ryan, but I am a Christian and I try to do the right thing and be civil. While I may not “enjoy” him, I have decided to be there for him whenever he needs me and I do so without bringing up bad stuff or gloating about his bad karma kicking his ass now.

Do I want to sometimes? Yes. Would it make me feel better? No. At the end of the day we all need to live our own lives and the worst people will one day be little lonely old people and that is a punishment already.

And if Tatum wants to make life better for herself, maybe she should just keep a distance. If somebody is toxic, stay away from them, don’t let them be in your life by even thinking about them. And if you decide that family ties mean a lot no matter what, accept and deal with it the best you can without negativity. Some people will never be able to make amends even if they would like to. That is my take."

by Anonymousreply 140September 5, 2019 3:23 PM

More comments:

"RON is one f’d up mess of a parent. There are no excuses. At the same time…..at some point, we all turn into adults and have complete responsibility and accountability for our own actions. I actually like TON, have a sense of empathy for her, and want to see her pull her life together and quit being a whiney, self absorbed, living in the past bi-atch.

I just want to see her shed her train wreck of a past, claim her future and move on. Next and back to RON–he’s beyond repair. He is (was) one fine physical specimen. He and FF together where just plain the epitome of human DNA perfection. Too bad they were both failed human beings.

But Tatum turning 50 and still acting like this?! At some point, there is an age or level of maturity that says “time to buck up, walk away from the past, chose my future, and be completely and totally responsible for my own life from this day forward.”. I’m thinking 50 is a good place for her to do

So. If so, sorry, I can’t blame him forever solely and singularly. , I have to cut her less slack too. . Yes, you too can be codependent in your own choices. If she’s age 50+ and still codependenr on this drama,,,,,yeah, I blame her for her own part in it."

"Well his children had mothers too. I can't blame him 100 percent for his kids failure. Redmond, he was also Farrah Fawcett’s son. As for Tatum and Griffin, in her autobiography it seemed as if their mother was a worse parent."

by Anonymousreply 141September 5, 2019 4:02 PM

Tatum admitting her pathological love for her father in 2002

"I was too attached. I think he knew that for both of us to survive, he had to let me go first. I was like a lover with him. I couldn’t tolerate anyone being with him at all," she told Premiere magazine.

by Anonymousreply 142September 5, 2019 4:33 PM

Tatum said in 2002 that her father apologized to her and reached out to her for years but she's not satisfied:

Her father has since apologised for his behaviour. "He said he’s sorry," O’Neal told Premiere magazine. "He’s been reaching out to me for years. Not the way that I wanted him to, or I needed him to - I’m a f**king bitch. I wanted him to get down on his knees and grovel."

by Anonymousreply 143September 5, 2019 4:43 PM

The one who posts "online comments" has ruined another O'Neal thread.

by Anonymousreply 144September 5, 2019 4:56 PM

Potato O'Neal is broke. Potato O'Neal is Borke?

by Anonymousreply 145September 5, 2019 5:08 PM

[quote]I wanted him to get down on his knees and grovel.

Tatum reminding us that she’s a typical Scorpio. The words ‘forgive’ and ‘forget’ are not in their vocabulary.

by Anonymousreply 146September 5, 2019 5:16 PM

R146 No, she's seriously sick.

by Anonymousreply 147September 5, 2019 5:20 PM

I wish all these reprehensible people, (Ryan, Tatum, Griffin, Sean Redmond) would just shut the fuck up and go away forever. They're ALL scum.

by Anonymousreply 148September 5, 2019 8:29 PM

I'm surprised that Tatum didn't get cast in 13RW. She plays useless and ineffectual moms SO WELL!

Just look at her playing Lorraine Tippett, just so natural and realistic, marvelous performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149September 6, 2019 12:16 AM

Tatum is hardly in that clip despite having top billing. No wonder she’s pissed!

by Anonymousreply 150September 6, 2019 12:57 AM

John McEnroe was somewhat fair to Ryan O'Neal in his book instead of blaming him for everything like Tatum does:

From You can't be serious book by John McEnroe:

"She didn't have the strongest of foundations on which to build a sense of motherhood. Her own mother had had such problems with alcohol and pills that she'd barely been present when Tatum was little; for a time, Ryan had carried most of the burden, to the best of his limited ability, while pursuing a full-time acting career."

by Anonymousreply 151September 6, 2019 11:07 AM

^ same post in every Ryan-Tatum thread. It's like the person who posts the same damn pic in every Joan Crawford Facebook group.

by Anonymousreply 152September 6, 2019 2:30 PM

Tatum and Tori MUST do a reality series together.

by Anonymousreply 153September 6, 2019 3:12 PM

Some online comments about Tatum's pathological lover for her father:

"I was a child in the 70s and I always had the impression that Tatum would have LIKED it if her dad hit on her. Seriously, she always seemed to consciously present herself as his (jealous) girlfriend in front of the paps."

"Tatum was a weird kid--completely unappealing, snotty and rude. She broke up a few of her dad's relationships with women (including Oona Chaplin)

"Even recently on that OWN special Tatum acted like a jilted wife more than a daughter. She would openly say stuff how he left her for Farrah."

"Tatum always seemed like had an Oedipus complex and was in love with her own father. Can't really blame her, he was gorgeous back in the day."

Tatum O'Neal own quote in 2002: "I was too attached. I think he knew that for both of us to survive, he had to let me go first. I was like a lover with him. I couldn’t tolerate anyone being with him at all,"

by Anonymousreply 154September 6, 2019 6:08 PM

R154 here, I mean Pathological love

by Anonymousreply 155September 6, 2019 6:12 PM

[quote]Ryan had carried most of the burden, to the best of his limited ability, while pursuing a full-time acting career.

That wasn't the only other thing he was pursuing full time and The Father of The Year Award wasn't it.

by Anonymousreply 156September 6, 2019 11:28 PM

Some online comments:

"I like Tatum. However, I agree with those who say she's not telling the full story. I respect her for admitting her own faults that she's not a perfect mother, etc. But I do think she may be hotheaded and temperamental like Ryan. I have a feeling they may be similar temperament-wise."

"Tatum's mother Joanna Moore was on her third husband (O'Neal) before she was 30. Even Andy Griffin couldn't stand her and had her written out after four episodes of playing Peg, his love interest. The woman was a cluster fuck and you are assigning all the blame to Ryan?"

"Tatum O'Neal had an insane Hollywood childhood. That's unfortunate, but she is in no way an admirable person. And at the height of her child star fame she behaved like any other spoiled brat, expecting people to defer to her and obey her every command. I remember some tabloid story on her long ago that claimed she was "the biggest Hollywood brat since the Dead End kids."

" I think that many Hollywood actors are narcissists and bad parents as well, the difference is that Ryan's kids didn't have good mothers to live with (except for Patrick, that's why he turned out okay), Tatum and griffin's mother was totally crazy/unfit and Farrah was nuts and an addict. I really think if other Hollywood actors were given the responsibility to solely raise their children, the outcome probably would be similar to Ryan's kids. Tony Curtis comes to mind, he was self absorbed and wasn't meant to be a father, and gave some of his kids drugs but the difference is that his kids were raised by their mothers who were Not crazy."

by Anonymousreply 157September 7, 2019 1:08 PM

"Tatum said in the book that when her father was going to be staying in Ireland to shoot the Kubrick film she was going to have to go back to boarding school and didn't understand why her grandparents wouldn't keep her. I'll tell you why - she was a borderline sociopath - attempted to kill a cat, stole things, made up lies, set fires. Not sure how much of that is in her DNA or was triggered by the neglect and abuse in her very early childhood development with her mother."

"I remember Ryan and Tatum reality show, if anything Tatum seemed like a bit of a troublemaker. She just couldn't let it go and really kept digging."

"Why did/does Tatum hold Farrah responsible for ruining her relationship with her father?!! by Tatum's account in her book, the relationship was ruined long before that. She acts like she got dumped by some long-time boyfriend when Ryan took up with Farrah."

"Tatum seems like she was a handful herself. A big Hollywood star at far too young an age and a very insecure big obnoxious brat. She seems like she keeps have drug related relapses and is still very insecure. But as long as she continues to blame Fawcett and having affairs with people like Rosie she'll be doomed."

by Anonymousreply 158September 7, 2019 1:10 PM

Another creepy example of Tatum's pathological love/fixation on her father, Even though, she hated Farrah , The first time Tatum and John McEnroe wanted to have sex, Tatum dragged John to Farrah's house and had sex in one of Farrah's bedrooms.

John said in his book, he didn't understand why she wanted their first time to be in Farrah's house.

From John McEnroe 's book:

The first time Tatum and I made love, we were high, and it was terrible. Shouldn't that have told me something?

Tatum said, "Let's go up to Farrah's place." I don't even know why she wanted to go up there— We were jittery, a little paranoid. We both seemed to be feeling, "Let's just do it to do it, so we can say we did it, and then we'll know we mean something to each other, and we'll really get into it when we're in a better frame of mind. We went up to the house, up to the guest bedroom. It was very cold in that room—it felt like forty degrees! The combination of the cold and that weird buzz ... It was just awful, not an especially good start. The truth is, though, I was as responsible for it as Tatum."

by Anonymousreply 159September 7, 2019 3:31 PM

An example of Tatum leaving out unfavorable stories about herself, though this story was mentioned in both Ryan and John McEnroe books, This story also indicates Ryan's presence in her life after Farrah and Tatum freely coming over and staying over Farrah's place as she wanted. Not the wrong story, Tatum likes to spread around that her father was absent from her life after Farrah, Ryan included his kids but Tatum was hateful and jealous no matter how Ryan tried.

From Ryan's book:

"As I was going through my journals for this book, I found an entry from that New Year’s morning that gave me pause. Tatum and John had come to LA to attend a party. They brought Patrick to the party with them. They all stayed at the beach house with Farrah and me.

JOURNAL ENTRY, JANUARY 1, 1985

"John and Tate have left for the airport to fly to Las Vegas so he can play tomorrow against Conners. Tatum’s first match. After they left, Patrick told me something unusual. When they got home last night at four a.m., Tatum wanted to continue to party, which included tequila shots and pool until sunrise.Patrick finally put her to bed after she started to see the pool balls two at a time."

I was so relieved to see Tatum and Farrah getting along for a change that I didn't worry that my daughter, who’d never been a drinker, who would confiscate my glass when she was a little girl, had gotten wasted the night before.

Farrah had admitted to me two months earlier, when she was seven months pregnant, that Tatum and John had offered her cocaine. I was surprised because at the time Tatum was still proclaiming her objections to drugs and alcohol. I assumed John was the instigator and Tatum just went along."

From John McEnroe's book:

Tatum and I spent Christmas in New York, then flew back to L.A. for New Year's Eve. That night, we and a few friends went out drinking, then later, the two of us were back at Ryan's house, playing pool with Tatum's half-brother Patrick. By now it was three or four in the morning, and I had to fly to Vegas the next day to get ready for an event. Finally, I said, "Look, I've got to go to bed."

Tatum stayed up, drinking and playing pool with Patrick. I don't know when she came to bed, but it probably wasn't until six or seven. At around eleven A.M., I nudged her and said, "Listen, I'm going to Vegas. Do you want to come?" I had had enough of L.A. and partying, for the time being: I was a tennis player, I wanted to go play tennis"

by Anonymousreply 160September 7, 2019 4:00 PM

Not only do you post the same thing in every Tatum O'Neal thread, R160, you post it TWICE. I'm done, and so it most everyone.

by Anonymousreply 161September 7, 2019 6:11 PM

From an online article about the O'Neals:

"Patrick is rarely asked to comment on the family, probably because he has nothing sensational to say about his father or his brothers and sister. In 2012, however, he wrote a piece in praise of his father, describing Ryan as his ‘hero’, and a kind and loving father. He defiantly rejected all the negative talk show appraisals of the man, declaring that none of the people on the panels knew his father at all.

It is a compelling piece made more compelling because it comes from the only family member without substance abuse issues. So, do we believe two substance abusers or one sportscaster? Tatum and Griffin say one thing; Patrick the opposite. Redmond (the other substance abuser) does not seem to say much either way.

More than likely the truth about Ryan O’Neal lies somewhere between the two extremes – not exactly the devil incarnate, but scarcely ‘Father of the Year’ material either."

by Anonymousreply 162September 8, 2019 4:27 AM

Online comment about Griffin from an insider - 2009:

" That rumour about Alana Stewart came from Griffin who Farrah and Ryan stopped talking to several years ago. Griffin was leaking stories to the Enquirer while Farrah was sick and she cut all ties with him.

Ryan has his problems but Griffin does too. Don't believe everything Griffin says. He is down and out and looking for his payday."

by Anonymousreply 163September 8, 2019 2:27 PM

Are they still doing that Paper Moon sequel?

by Anonymousreply 164September 8, 2019 3:19 PM

I remember there were serious discussions back in the 1980s of Farrah and Tatum starring in a television remake of "Mildred Pierce".

by Anonymousreply 165September 8, 2019 5:26 PM

Hey R160 Tatum got shitfaced. So what millions do, you make it sound like a scandal. She was an adult.

by Anonymousreply 166September 8, 2019 6:40 PM

R165 Really??

by Anonymousreply 167September 8, 2019 7:53 PM

Ryan did the best he could with what he knew how. Unfortunately, many men, especially from HIS DAY were not taught to raise kids on their own without a woman around. Unfortunately, they couldn't live with their mentally ill mother either.

by Anonymousreply 168September 8, 2019 10:31 PM

I'm cryin, R168.

by Anonymousreply 169September 9, 2019 1:21 AM

R169 It's okay, Tatum. Get off the drugs and booze and everything will be fine, honey.

by Anonymousreply 170September 9, 2019 1:23 AM

As usual, Tatum tried to cash in her family dysfunction and trashing her father in a podcast (2017), she rehashed the same old stories (and lies) about her dad. She claimed she was doing the podcast as way of therapy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171September 9, 2019 4:26 AM

Tatum still feeling salty about Melanie (who was 18 YO) fucking her father.

tatum__oneal

Should i have been up this late ????Hmm 🤔⌚️I think that's Melanie G...looks like trouble to me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172September 9, 2019 4:34 AM

Tatum remembering the good times with her dad, after Years of smearing his name.

tatum__oneal

No comments about how we dont get along. This was a happy time for me. #tbt digging the 70's fur blanket!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 9, 2019 4:48 AM

Tatum choosing the shirtless photos of her dad to post on her Instgram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174September 9, 2019 4:52 AM

Too bad Tatum didn't invite her dad and grandparents to her wedding. Ryan looked excited and happy to see his first grand-kid.

Tatum just kept punishing him for "choosing" Farrah over her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175September 9, 2019 5:08 AM

R175, Joanna Moore should have been sitting in Kay McEnroe's seat.

Joanna should also have been invited to the wedding. She lived until 1997 and according to Tatum’s first book, had relationships with her children.

by Anonymousreply 176September 9, 2019 5:38 AM

These photos of her posing with shirtless Ryan are questionable.

by Anonymousreply 177September 9, 2019 5:42 AM

R172, That's definitely Melanie, but that doesn't look like Tippi to me.

by Anonymousreply 178September 9, 2019 5:44 AM

R178 It's Not Tippi

by Anonymousreply 179September 9, 2019 5:45 AM

R173, If that blanket could talk . . .

by Anonymousreply 180September 9, 2019 5:49 AM

R174, R177, that photograph was taken by Francesco Scavullo. Ryan, who has a tendency to be doughy, trained extensively to look that good. I've never seen him in a movie where he looked that good. Another version of him:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181September 9, 2019 12:21 PM

Scavullo also shot Burt Reynolds' Cosmopolitan centerfold.

by Anonymousreply 182September 9, 2019 2:45 PM

Tatum remembering the good in her dad now, How convenient?! Probably Ryan will leave her something in his will.

tatum__oneal

‘ I ain’t a Boy’ ! Movie trivia me and looks like a pretty cool hair guy . #jaysebring i think . I may be wrong but he was killed by the Manson family ... Don’t know who took the photo ..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183September 9, 2019 4:40 PM

tatum__oneal

#tbt my dad sent me this picture of all of us this am . I had never seen it . #family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184September 9, 2019 4:42 PM

R183, Ryan is in his last year. Might as well be nice.

by Anonymousreply 185September 9, 2019 8:30 PM

Is Ryan moribund?

by Anonymousreply 186September 9, 2019 8:57 PM

Patrick really lucked out. Raised by a sane & grounded mother. Has a good relationship with his dad. Has never been an addict or arrested.

by Anonymousreply 187September 9, 2019 10:03 PM

R185 Ryan has been trying to be nice and fix things between them for Years now, Even Tatum admitted that in 2010, She just couldn't get over the past and kept trashing her dad, reminding him what a bad father he was and blaming him for everything went wrong even for being broke, Until Ryan cut her out for good in 2013. Ryan said "Life is much easier when Tatum isn't around".

Maybe they reconciled now.

by Anonymousreply 188September 9, 2019 10:56 PM

R188, what are you lecturing me and all of us? Ryan, Tatum and the entire gang of O'Neals has been a topic here for years, probably before you were born. You're not teaching anyone nor are you providing "insights" beyond the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 189September 9, 2019 11:13 PM

R189 Lecturing?!!! correcting the lies is now lecturing.

Get off the thread, Tatum

by Anonymousreply 190September 9, 2019 11:16 PM

Broke? Like "broke" broke?

by Anonymousreply 191September 9, 2019 11:16 PM

Both Melanie and Tatum look stoned or drunk off their asses in that photo at R172. Hollywood kids start drinking and druggin VERY early. I think Drew Barrymore was drinking at the age of 10.

by Anonymousreply 192September 9, 2019 11:21 PM

Tatum remembering the fun good times with her dad, Now

tatum__oneal

#littledarlings @cynthiaenixon she was a leader back in 1976

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193September 9, 2019 11:22 PM

Little Darlings 2?

by Anonymousreply 194September 9, 2019 11:23 PM

Nice try, R188/R190. Sorry your entire life revolves around this. Touchy touchy touchy :(

by Anonymousreply 195September 9, 2019 11:58 PM

People are always talking about how rotten Ryan is but he is always showing up to try and make it work with his daughter. Most dads would've said forget it if they kept on being blamed for everything everyone else did. Not to mention how crazy and unstable Tatum and Griffin's mother was.

by Anonymousreply 196September 10, 2019 2:20 AM

R196, you are beating a dead horse. I'm surprised you haven't been tagged and banned.

by Anonymousreply 197September 10, 2019 2:42 AM

R197 Dead horse! you mean Tatum?!

by Anonymousreply 198September 10, 2019 3:01 AM

I wonder when Tatum's son Kevin was arrested for Cocaine possession in 2014, Did she blame herself for her son addiction, (like she always did to her father) Or did she still blame his grandfather whom she cut out from her kids life.

by Anonymousreply 199September 10, 2019 4:11 AM

All of sudden, Tatum is missing Farrah and wearing a shirt with Farrah's photo on it. What a hypocrite.

tatum__oneal Verified Miss you #farrahfawcett love you Red

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200September 10, 2019 4:25 AM

Given Tatum and Griffin's horror early life with their unstable negligent mother, Those kids were already far damaged when they came to live with their father (who didn't know how to be a parent himself), Tatum also displayed sociopathic behavior such as lying, stealing and setting fires.

They needed to be put in a rehabilitation school. The last thing they needed was a a Hollywood fast life style and a playboy actor. But he was the more responsible parent compared to the mother.

Still, the mother was a cluster fuck and Tatum/people are assigning all the blame to Ryan, which is ridiculous and unfair.

by Anonymousreply 201September 10, 2019 5:32 AM

Ryan is a flawed man, probably a narcissist (like most actors). But he's Not fake Nor a manipulator, (That's one of the reason he couldn't sustain his stardom) With Ryan, literally, what you see (good and bad), is what you get.

Ask him a question and he will really let all hang out without filtering his thoughts or thinking what his words might seem to others. That's how Ryan was/is. That's why his interviews are such disaster, He maybe joking or think something is funny and say it, but to the outside side world, it's inappropriate.

Regarding, Ryan as a father. Ryan admitted many times he didn't know how to be a parent and treated his children like adult friends. But he didn't/doesn't know any better. And Yes, Ryan went out of his way to make amends with his kids in particular Tatum.

He was not manipulating or faking it as someone said. If Ryan didn't want it, he wouldn't have tried. He didn't even want to do the reality show with Tatum and only agreed because she really wanted to do it. He really tired to the best of his limited ability but Tatum can't let go and just keep blaming him for every failure in her life, which is ridiculous and tiring.

I believe, you got to somewhat know Ryan to really get/understand the man.

by Anonymousreply 202September 10, 2019 3:40 PM

—Anonymous

reply 12127 minutes ago Also, Tatum wanted to change her father into her way of thinking, It's impossible to change somebody, He won't. In spite of him apologizing to her many times, it's not enough for her. If Tatum wanted her father in her life, either accept the man as he is Or move on but she can't do either.

That's why she blew it every time they tried to reconcile. Sorry, but No one wants to hear about his shortcomings as a father every time he sees his daughter. That's a sadistic way to treat anyone, let alone her father.

If Ryan was the monster father everyone think, He could have washed his hands of his kids LONG time ago especially after they trashed him in public for years. But he kept trying to mend things as much as he could and help them and their kids when they needed him. Ryan is not an angel but he's Not the devil either.

by Anonymousreply 203September 10, 2019 3:40 PM

A wise online comment to Tatum:

"I think you have always been loved by your dad. Its not easy being a parent. I'm sure he tried his best to be with your mom, but everyone has faults, in a marriage. Try to forgive any misgivings you may have against him. whatever you hold on to the past has already happened, & remembering the negative stuff he did that hurt you will damage your relationship with him.

Everyone makes mistakes in parenting, but don't crucify him forever. I tried to do that with my mom, & i realized at the end, they're only here on earth for a short time with us. So try to love him now because he is starving for your love & understanding, before he is gone, then you will see his love for you. Make peace when there is hurt in your life."

by Anonymousreply 204September 10, 2019 6:01 PM

No wonder his father Ryan O'Neal permanently cut Griffin out.

From his Twitter page, Griffin is a republican, rabid Trump supporter and a racist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205September 10, 2019 6:55 PM

Griffin's new Twitter account.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206September 11, 2019 11:11 AM

I'm surprised that Ryan didn't disown Tatum after her self serving one sided book in 2004. He even allowed her back to his life when she came back running to him after Farrah death and tried to reconcile with her, welcomed her and his grandchild (who was obviously using him) to stay at his house, helped Tatum when she was sick twice in 2010. and agreed under pressure from Tatum to produce and do the disastrous reality show in 2011, which didn't do him any good, only more opportunities for Tatum to be in the spotlight and keep trashing her father on national TV with her contradictory stories. I remember people asking her why would she want to reconcile with her father infront of camera instead of doing privately.

All of this and Still, Tatum Blamed her father for the reality show being cancelled and for being broke in 2012. I can't imagine a more entitled spoiled brat than Tatum. I'm surprised that Ryan didn't cut her out much earlier than he did.

The man really tried with this spoiled brat of a daughter and son (Griffin).

by Anonymousreply 207September 11, 2019 2:33 PM

Patrick wishing his dad a happy Birthday (last year):

Happy 77th Birthday Champ! Love ya! @Ryan_O_Neal 🥊 #PROGYM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208September 11, 2019 2:35 PM

Part from a review of Tatum flop reality show - 2011

"Tatum, 47, is a recovering addict with varying success at sobriety. She married the tennis star John McEnroe in the 1980s, had three children and then divorced in true tabloid style, losing custody along the way. The youngest is now in college, so Tatum decides to move from New York back to Los Angeles, so she can “focus” on her relationship with her father (translation: get paid to make a reality show).

Still nominally an actress, her most recent accomplishments include an arrest for cocaine possession and the release of a tell-all memoir about her abusive childhood.

Tatum is convinced that with enough therapy and scenes of reconciliation arranged for the camera, she and her father might forge a more normal relationship, which is dubious. What they have instead is a pathetic TV show about a specific category of rich-people problems.

“Ryan & Tatum” has an unsavory viscosity to it, making all this soul-baring seem all too calculated."

by Anonymousreply 209September 11, 2019 7:24 PM

Some online comments about Tatum:

"I know someone who took an acting class that Tatum was in years ago-he said she stunk to high heaven...she was terrific when she was 8 ...but she sure is a great actress on her reality show....when her talk show rounds plugging the book and tacky reality show end, she will be back trolling the streets of the lower east side looking for drugs again."

"I think Tatum just has to be the center of attention; thus, the conflict with Farrah. These two people have no business even being in the same room together. Of course Ryan would choose Farrah. Is Tatum really that stupid?"

"She said in her bio that Farrah took Ryan and moved to another house- leaving her and her brother Griffin to fend for themselves. But maybe they were just uber brats who made her life hell. Judging by Redmond, the insanity is clearly genetic."

"All she has is showbiz, and she keeps fighting for Hollywood to take her seriously as a bankable actress. But you can still see the loony around the edges when she talks. She particularly dislikes anyone interrupting her, even though she's just blathering on in that Valley Girl way. She obviously has authority issues"

by Anonymousreply 210September 11, 2019 7:32 PM

"She completely trashed him in her autobiography for being such a horrible father and now the reality show? She needs to make up her mind."

"Ryan was pissed at Tatum on GMA last week. Tatum was on the Stern show the day before, and both Howard and Tatum pretty much ripped Ryan. Why Tatum would do this if she really wants to mend the relationship with her father? I think she's full of shit and just keep running with this love/hate feud for publicity."

"I like Tatum, but both she and her father have major issues."

"Do you think Tatum understands that she was completely overindulged as a child and most likely horribly spoiled? Sounds like she was no picnic either."

"This show isn't as bad as I figured and if anything is making Tatum seem like a bit of a troublemaker. She just can't let it go and really needs to keep digging.How she can expect serious introspection from a 70 year old man child is beyond me. "

"You can not blame Redmond's severe problems just on Ryan, Farrah was in the picture too. how did Tatum's kids turn out? Did she even raise them much?"

" Like she is really going to fix him. Sometimes you just have to smile and get along, I agree that Tatum needs to figure out exactly what it is she wants from Ryan. She says "I want a relationship." What does that mean exactly?"

by Anonymousreply 211September 11, 2019 7:55 PM

"Tatum seems emotionally stunted. I can't imagine her raising any children. There's something that makes you want to like her. I even find Ryan a bit affable, though he's completely self-centered. He is what he is and makes no apologies for it."

"The first few shows I actually felt sorry for Tatum that she wanted to get to know Ryan again. Then, I realized he is a nice, charming, asshole. It's like he is an ass...but you can't stop loving him anyway."

"I think what Tatum's problem is she can't get over that her life is not perfect. Life is not like a movie."

"I have been watching this show also and because of that recently read Tatum's book "Paper Life". I know Tatum had an unstable childhood but I can't figure out what type of closure she is looking from her father at this point in life. He was and is what he is and nothing is going to change that."

" I went to say that I went to school with Tatum's younger son, and he is a troubled guy. I think he has anger issues but is very sensitive."

"Ryan has a lot of $$$. He invested in Southern California real estate in the 70's and made millions."

"Seems the whole purpose for this exercise is for Ryan just to admit to Tatum that he was a lousy Dad. I just don't think it is going to happen. She needs to either accept it or just move on."

by Anonymousreply 212September 11, 2019 8:11 PM

"Still think she is a pain in the Ass. I also think her memories are tinged with trauma. She remembers much worse than it was perhaps. She keeps this up she will end up in mental ward"

"Tatum should be really working her AA program. The basics are simple: Serenity to accept the things I cannot change (Ryan) the courage to change the things I can (herself) and the wisdom to know the difference."

"What is the real story between Tatum and Farrah? Tatum's nausea at the thought of watching tribute video of her dad's ex was so telling. She needs a team of shrinks working 24/7 to get to the bottom of her dysfunction."

"After the show's over. I predict Tatum with have a real or fake a re-lapse."

by Anonymousreply 213September 11, 2019 8:19 PM

A comment about Patrick O'Neal:

"It's a myth that being raised by Leigh Taylor Young was what mad Patrick O'Neal so normal. He spent a big chunk of his youth in boarding schools and lived with Ryan in his later teen years. Leigh was/is kind of space and was into a lot of new age/spiritual stuff that eventually cost her her life savings. Ryan ended up helping her out financially in the 90's."

by Anonymousreply 214September 11, 2019 8:20 PM

Tatum with her Eternal victim/Blame Syndrome. Blaming her father for her failed career.

janiceann167 I love watching you in movies. Will you be doing more?

tatum__oneal My dad saw I didn’t what a shame

Tatum is implying that Ryan blacklisted her?!! The man was pretty much unemployable/blacklisted himself in Hollywood and couldn't get work since 1979.

She can't understand or grasp that fact that she sucked as an adult actress, that's why she's a flop since forever. Makes one wonder how much of her stories are fictions and delusions.

by Anonymousreply 215September 12, 2019 3:17 PM

Patrick O'Neal @Patrick_ONeal

This guy sure knows how to make me laugh. Happy Father's Day to the one and only Daddy O' @Ryan_O_Neal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216September 13, 2019 12:55 AM

Ryan with George Clooney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217September 13, 2019 12:59 AM

Is Redmond in the slammer? Yes, but that's JOANNA MOORE'S FAULT

by Anonymousreply 218September 13, 2019 1:35 AM

R218 Redmond had a self absorbed nutty mother aka Farrah Fawcett. Also, No one said It was Only Joanna Moore's fault. But it's unfair and ridiculous to put all the blame on Ryan (even when their kids are fucking adult).

by Anonymousreply 219September 13, 2019 12:36 PM

Tatum O'Neal is literaaly Begging for a Job on Twitter "I am too talented not to be working"!

Tatum O'neal @Tatum_Oneal

@unitedtalent hi I need an agent . I’m too talented not to be working . Want to play an FBI agent so bad .

@WM_ent I’m a really gifted actress and you should consider repping me . Please DM me if you are interested .

@XCELTALENT super talented actor looking for agent . #tatum oneal please DM ME

·@blocnyc looking for a a talent agent I’m a big talent and need an agent . Tatum oneal

@Sainou looking for a an great talent agency . I am too talented not to be working . Thanks

@Go2TalentAgency looking for a talented talent agent . I’m super talented . Want to meet ? Tatum

· @MSAAgency looking for a great agent . And I need one anyone want to meet . I am very talented .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220September 13, 2019 4:30 PM

Patrick O'Neal @Patrick_ONeal

Happy Birthday to Papa O'Neal. 4/20, a holiday of sorts. Blast from the past

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221September 13, 2019 5:50 PM

From an old People 2016

McEnroe looks like a gay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222September 13, 2019 6:03 PM

R222 The older or the younger McEnroe ?!

by Anonymousreply 223September 13, 2019 6:09 PM

If you put OP on ignore-dar, you'll see he has thread after thread about his love for Ryan O'Neal and thread after thread about his hatred for Tatum.

by Anonymousreply 224September 14, 2019 12:44 AM

R224 I believe everyone knows that already. It's not a rocket scientist.

by Anonymousreply 225September 14, 2019 12:50 AM

Some online comments:

"The problem was NEGLECT. Farrah was high most of the time. Most wealthy people hire help to raise their children, but it seems that nouveau riche trash haven't learned this concept. If any of Ryan's children other that Patrick had a decent nanny, they wouldn't be such fuck-ups. Besides Ryan, the kids were neglected by incapacitated mothers - Tatum and Griffin by a bipolar alcoholic (Joanna Moore), and Redmond from a vacant drug abuser (Farrah)."

"Farrah was a chronic shoplifter. I was in a smallish boutique in Beverly Hills (this was the 80s) and Farrah was putting scarves into her purse. The saleslady whispered to me that they just keep track of what she takes and send a bill to her business manager."

"Tatum and Griffin were raised by their drug addicted-alcoholic-bipolar mother, Joanne Moore who was not equipt to handle parenting. Later, when Ryan took custody, he attempted to "straighten" Griffin out in his own way".

"Patrick did live with his dad for a time, but was in boarding school most of his childhood so no Leigh Taylor young can’t take much credit either. She went on a lot of “spiritual journeys” when Patrick was a kid. Ryan actually had to bail her out financially about a decade ago because she was swindled out of her money."

"Griffin O' Neal fucking killed someone so of course he'd going to blame it on his dad, I'm sure Ryan is a cock but I can't take Griffin seriously either. While it is the parents' fault to a certain extent, these spoiled assholes own their current actions. I mean if you hit 30 years old and you are a hardcore drug addict and hold up a store clerk with a knife, that's some how your parents' fault?!"

by Anonymousreply 226September 14, 2019 11:26 PM

"Farrah has to take half of the responsibility for Redmond. HER drug problems are major issues to discuss."

"Farrah's a kleptomaniac. She was known by every shopgirl and store manager in Beverly Hills. For a while they'd just tally up her stolen items and send the bills to Aaron Spelling, who always paid them, but that didn't last forever."

"Ryan married older actress Joanna Moore in the early 1960s because she was pregnant. Joanna was a pill popping alcoholic and nymphomanic. Tatum and her brother were neglected by their mother. There were stories that Tatum was regularly sexually molested by Joanna Moore's male friends as a child. Very horrible childhood. Those kids were damaged from very early on, long before Ryan took custody"

"Joanna was a pill popping drunk right up to her death from cancer. She was so messed up, she would regularly wet herself. She once crashed & rolled her SUV, killing her dog and losing a finger. Her friend and next door neighbor in Palm Springs cared for her during her cancer but Tatum did show up during the end. The whole family is messed up royally."

by Anonymousreply 227September 14, 2019 11:48 PM

"Thank God for John McEnroe. He rightfully took those kids from Tatum and gave them a somewhat normal life. They would have certainly been screwed up if Tatum had raised them. She couldn't handle those kids. She has a good relationship with them now."

"Tatum is supposedly a lesbian who tried to lure her brother Griffin's girlfriend away from him to be with her. She now has a long-term partner, supposedly, and also dated Madonna briefly; she also dated Melanie Griffith as a teenager."

"Tatum was cast to be the lead in a movie called "Split Image" in which I was cast as an extra. She spent nights smoking pot at the Sig Ep fraternity house and was unprepared for filming the next day. She was fired and Karen Allen replaced her."

"Tatum's son goes to my school. He's a great actor, but I don't think they have a good relationship. He's a bit unpredictable. I hope Tatum has pulled her act together."

by Anonymousreply 228September 14, 2019 11:58 PM

"They were sitting behind me in the 80's watching Mary Tyler Moore in "Whose Life is it Anyway?" Outside of the theater at the end, Farrah screeched, "Ryan, stop talking to your FANS and get the fuck in the limo." Was never really a fan of his but I kinda felt sorry for him."

"Tatum was a guest on Hell's Kitchen this season and she was a vicious shrew, spewing insufferable comments in order to gain attention. It all fits her personality and loathsomeness."

" Tatum dropped off the radar a long, long time ago. She's one of those child stars who burned out very quickly, not surprising considering her lack of talent and drug addiction. I'd say for a lot of people she IS an obscure figure, somebody who had brief fame, who sometimes makes news for drug arrests and outlandish behavior"

"Tatum was ideally cast as the outwardly obnoxious but inwardly wounded tomboy in Paper Moon. It was disappointing to learn that Bogdanovich and Tatum's douchebag dad had to drag the performance out of her, bribing her and giving her line readings for every single bit of dialogue as if she were a recalcitrant parrot. She was a cute kid who got lucky-- her subsequent lackluster career is proof of that."

"Tatum isn't a lesbian. She's bisexual which has been known for a long time. My problem with her declaration now that she'a a lesbian , I think It's a publicity stunt; she's trying to make a comeback of sorts and get acting jobs and hey, it's very fashionable these days for a female celebrity to declare herself lesbian or bi, and it makes great publicity. So she comes out with this "revelation" that she likes women sexually and is looking for a "steady." at this late stage of the game coming out and saying she prefers women sound like a lot of horseshit."

by Anonymousreply 229September 15, 2019 2:25 AM

R220. Yikes! She sounds desperate.

by Anonymousreply 230September 15, 2019 3:43 AM

IT'S TATUM! 6/6/1976

Academy Awardx99 Winner TATUM O'NEAL in her very first TV special! America's favorite young star will sing and dance her way into your heart along with her special guests... CHER - and Tatum sing "Love Rollercoaster" at Magic Mountain (taped for broadcast) THE BAD NEWS BEARS - the young co-stars of hit film "The Bad News Bears" join Tatum for a rendition of "Take Me Out To The Ball Game".

RYAN O'NEAL - Tatum's Dad and co-star in their hit film "Paper Moon" and forthcoming "Nickelodeon" show us talent runs in the family when they sing "Me and My Shadow". DIANA ROSS - sings her hit song "Theme from Mahogany (Do You Know) into the gazing eyes of her #1 fan - Tatum. and Special Guest Star WALTER MATTHAU - as Coach Buttermaker from the hit film "The Bad News Bears" joins Tatum for a game of catch. Brought to you by CREST - WITH RETSINxAE

(editor's note: production was halted for two days after actress Joanna Moore - Tatum's mother - crashed her Buick LeSabre onto the sound stage. It was later discovered that her 12 year old son Griffin was actually driving the car and that Joanna was intoxicated and sleeping in the back seat.)

by Anonymousreply 231September 16, 2019 2:15 AM

tatum__oneal

Ryan, Sean and Kevin giving grandpa a kiss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232September 17, 2019 11:22 PM

Some online comments about Tatum cocaine relapse in 2012:

"She's a fucking adult. Anything after probably thirty, is not his fault."

"She is almost 50. Time to stop blaming daddy. GOd, she is so sick in the head"

"It's time almost 50 year old Tatum take some responsibility for her actions instead if blaming others."

"She can't get over that her father brought a beautiful woman into the home and essentially put her in competition with Farrah for her father's affection and over beauty which made her very insecure. If she still hasn't figured out basic elements of heterosexual male behavior then she is hopeless. Acknowledge it and move on."

"I'm sorry, but the expiration date on Tatum O'Neal blaming her father for her problems has long since passed. She needs to get her fucking shit together, stupid crack head."

"Okay. NOW it's time for Tatum to clean herself up and get a fucking JOB. If she can't establish a casual relationship with Ryan, forget him and get on with her life. Or she'll end up like Whitney."

by Anonymousreply 233September 18, 2019 12:44 PM

"she needs to move in and stop blaming her family for her continued drug problem!!!!"

"She needs to appreciate what she has. Her timing of going back to her father, after Farrah died, is questionable. It makes it look like oh, my competition is gone, now I'll go back. Very complex and sort of sick.... Her children are safe and alive. She should talk to a mother who has lost a child and see if they are dwelling on a bad childhood or bad relationship with a parent, and she might be able to appreciate what she has. I think this woman has many, many problems, addiction being just one. Very sad."

"I loved 'Paper Moon' and I thought Tatum would go on to be a major player and star in Hollywood, she had the opportunities and blew them. Ryan's failings with her are mirrored by Tatum's own failings with her own children... Ryan lives with Leukemia and it's time Tatum moves on with her life."

"she blames her father for her career failure, when he hasn't been a part of her life for years? yup -DE-Nile"

by Anonymousreply 234September 18, 2019 12:50 PM

An online comment on Tatum Instagram:

"Just finished your second book! I truly hope you let your dad live his life in peace what’s left of it . Can you imagine if your own children hounded you until you’re in your golden years for your poor decisions . I didn’t think so! Love and light and peace to the O’Neal familia..."

Can Tatum imagine if her kids constantly reminded her of her poor parenting and drug addiction all the time and blamed her for their failures in life?!

by Anonymousreply 235September 21, 2019 2:32 PM

Online comment about Ryan's kids:

"Ryan is old as fuck and when he's dead and gone, who will the kids blame everything on then. They're all too old not to get their shit together. I heard Tatum was on Wendy's show and was a straight up asshole, she still doesn't get it either. Does anyone know if there's a history of mental illness in this family? Because narcissism is extremely prevalent and they're all very arrogant."

by Anonymousreply 236September 21, 2019 11:16 PM

A spot on review of Tatum's self serving book "A paper life"

Tatum O'Neal, throw your tantrums -- away

"Where is our pity supposed to land here? Yes, Tatum had bad parents.....Now, aware as we all are of what devilry too often occurs behind innumerable closed familial doors, we still only care if it happened to someone who, say, pitched for the Bad News Bears or jinxed John McEnroe's career, and could still not care less about the less adorable, less visible victims who rarely have the option to take off to Malibu when mom's starting to play blindfolded hacky-sack with the wine bottles.

Further, as is true of all similar narrators, Tatum O'Neal seems wonderfully oblivious to what a nasty little child she so notoriously was. While she does recount a number of the incidents that led to her nickname "Tantrum" way back when, she always speedily backstrokes over her behaviour by citing her parents' actions.

Such therapy-head nonsense is what led to the 12-step term "adult child," which has led many to believe that deep inside us, a weeping little baby resides, awaiting its rescue through the fishhook that is blame-counselling.

If Tatum offered her obviously barely loved brother ice cream, then shoved it in his face; if she rampantly insulted every adult in her line of fire; if she hooked up with a crack dealer while her fitness as a mother was being publicly contested, whose fault is that?

Fighting Irish fathers and pill-bombed mothers are excellent reasons for any child to complain about his or her lost security, and bad love.

Yet at a certain point, such awful memories need to be put in perspective as crises that besieged the child; that no longer define the man or woman in question. Not one of the crybabies cited ever confessed that they were nightmares-in-training themselves, or, more critically, that it is not appropriate for an adult to lament one's childhood as if puling over the loss of a beloved plush toy.

Then again, there is nowhere else for someone like Tatum O'Neal to live but the past, in that blurry world where she and her father were actually revered for their acting, where both of their vivid tantrums were respectfully endured, not as object lessons in their inner pain, but as evidence that stars may burn as brightly as they like, before falling.

by Anonymousreply 237September 23, 2019 6:06 PM

Online comments:

" It's not so uncommon. My female Friend left her dad's home at 15!! To live on her own. It's Tatum s decision, she was the one, who took drugs after she turned 18!! An adult with brains. I guess, these people, especially Tatum...lived her life to sell her stories. And lived from that money? As well. She isn't ever a good mum herself!! So who the hell she wants to blame? Are you people serious?? It's HER fault. Not her father's!"

"Tatum is just whiny spoiled brat. She is lucky to have a dad. She should have dad like mine . Maybe she would appreciate Ryan. My dad left us for my moms sister. My dad doesn’t care about his kids at all. He has the money but is very selfish and it isn’t just about money. My dad doesn’t care about anything. Ryan is not as bad as she makes him."

" Tatum has to realize how limited Ryan is and that she can't fix him. They are both toxic and trigger each other. I wonder why their "shrinks" don't address this aspect of their relationship, because insight isn't going to help. They are both so dysfunctional with each other. "

"As soon as he meets another woman he could be romantic with ..... She disappears .... AGAIN. Grow up Tatum. Stop talking about the past ....living in the past"

"Ryan tried. He has made mistakes and whatever selfish reasoning he uses to deal with his mistakes, it's the best he can do. Tatum should accept him or completely excise his from her life."

" "My childhood was insane. Dad left when I was 8 months old (and when I say left, you don't want to know where he went) Mom drank herself stupid. Still, I don't think an adult can blame anyone for the decisions they make. If you grow up in shit, you don't have to chug whiskey, chain smoke and take drugs. We all have free will. As it was, my parents taught me well. They taught me what NOT to do. I watched these people destroy not only themselves but everyone who entertained their nonsense and understood how stupid they were by the time I was 5 years old. I just don't believe you can blame shift.... if you did it, YOU DID IT. You have to hold yourself accountable for what you smoke, drink, ingest. Until you hold yourself accountable....you'll never get better. I don't care who raised you."

by Anonymousreply 238September 25, 2019 4:11 PM

More online comments:

Online comments:

I'm sorry, but her blaming everything on her dad and how he's the root of all of her troubles is Tired. Well then will she be the root of her kids troubles? (Her kids couldn't even live with her till they reached 18 b/c of her addictions. And the baby even found a dirty needle.) Jeez. At some point you need to take responsibility for yourself. And this chick clearly has not ever. I watched their show on OWN and my God woman, grow up, let it GOOOOOO. How old are you, if you haven;t gone over all the sh*t ryan's done by now and felt and filtered it, you need a new and better therapist.

You see, she'll always have a "problem" being sober unless she looks at herself and sees what her responsibility lies in all of this. Enough with blaming Ryan. Ryan is her excuse. B/c as long as she came blame him, she harbors no responsibility. And again, that is why she never changes. So there.

I know. because I've been there done that.

by Anonymousreply 239October 6, 2019 1:46 AM

"Tatum said her daddy is a savior (in her biography or an interview)because her mummy was crazy and a violent abuser and finally she only lived with him.I remember also that Ursula Andress wrote Ryan O'Neal was a hippie At a moment,you need to stop to blame the others ,to take responsibility on your addictions and to go ahead."

"Maybe I'm stupid, but I think there comes a point when you have to stop blaming others for your messed-up life and fix what you can (your life, not theirs). Remember her mom abandoned her, too. Ryan is messed up, for sure, but Tatum needs to get on with fixing her problems and not relying on Ryan to grow up."

"Just because you had a (totally) shit childhood does not give you a pass to be an idiot. This is precisely what addicts try to lean on to explain away their douchey behavior. I went to rehab very young and you bet your sweet ass I owned up to my own shit. Only I can control how I react to something. Same with her. There are many many many many many people in this world with worse lives "

by Anonymousreply 240October 6, 2019 1:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!