Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bethenny Frankel to Exit ‘Real Housewives of New York’

Original “Real Housewives of New York” star Bethenny Frankel is leaving the Bravo reality show once again, she announced in a statement on Wednesday.

Frankel, who was one of the show’s five original cast members, first exited the show after its third season. She rejoined in Season 7 and has been a full-time cast member ever since. Her departure comes ahead of the show’s 12th season.

“I have decided to leave the ‘Housewives’ franchise to explore my next chapter,” Frankel said in a statement. “It’s time to move on and focus on my daughter, my philanthropy and my production partnership with Mark Burnett, producing and starring in shows which represent a shift in the conversation for women. With the changes in modern culture, I want to highlight the strength, confidence and unstoppable power that women have.”

The statement continued, “My experience at Bravo has been an incredibly magical ride. I am so grateful to them for highlighting my entrepreneurialism and allowing me to pave the way for many women to achieve their goals. I am excited for my future. The best is yet to come.”

Frankel also shared a post on Instagram thanking her followers for their “love and support” throughout her career. Bravo did not immediately return TheWrap’s request for comment.

The cast for the most recent season of “Real Housewives of New York,” which wrapped its run back in July, was made up of Frankel and two other original cast members, Luann de Lesseps and Ramona Singer, as well as Sonja Morgan, Dorinda Medley and Tinsley Mortimer.

Frankel’s exit comes just a few months after her fellow franchise star and original “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” cast member Lisa Vanderpump departed the show after nine seasons amid a feud with her co-stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 27, 2019 4:15 AM

Yay, finally!!!

I can't stand Bethenny. She really ruined the show for me.

I would love to see someone not phony, replace her.

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2019 5:03 AM

Halleluiah!

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2019 5:06 AM

She's a wordy little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2019 5:08 AM

Bring back Carole, Aviva and Heather.

For some strange reason, those seasons were really good.

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2019 5:17 AM

She's despicable. And makes for great television.

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2019 5:21 AM

[quote] Bring back Carole, Aviva and Heather. For some strange reason, those seasons were really good.

Not really. That’s why they are no longer on the show.

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2019 5:28 AM

That’s a shame. ™

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2019 5:31 AM

already a thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2019 5:33 AM

Bethenny never brought ANYTHING to the show.

She shared absolutely nothing from her personal life.

RHONY was basically a vehicle to advertise Skinny Girl shit.

Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 1:44 PM

No two people better represent New York than Frankel and Trump.

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2019 1:48 PM

Aviva was the best.

I would love to see her and Carole get into it again.

Carole HATED Aviva with a passion.

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2019 1:51 PM

I wonder who's going to be the HBIC now that Bethenny Trump is gone.

BRAVO totally kissed her ass, and now what will they do?

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2019 2:11 PM

Fuck Bethenny Frankel.

She's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2019 7:04 PM

It's time for JILL ZARIN.

Only Jill will save this franchise.

by Anonymousreply 14August 22, 2019 7:16 PM

You're so full of shit, Andy. Oh, you're afraid of her, too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2019 7:45 PM

We all know that Andy Cohen is full of shit.

He got Carole fired because he's scared of Bethenny.

And now, he has NOTHING. RHONY is going to tank next season.

Ramona? Sonya? Tinsel? Cuntess? There's no way they can carry the show.

Dorinda tries, but she can't do it by herself.

by Anonymousreply 16August 22, 2019 7:47 PM

Told 'ya she's a cunt!

[quote] Bethenny Frankel Says Other Housewives 'Can't Afford The Lives They're Living'

Bethenny Frankel may have humble beginnings, but these days the former (!) Housewives star is living the high life—and her current net worth proves it. The self-made entrepreneur made her fortune through reality TV appearances, books, and her Skinnygirl business. She didn't have many funds when she first started on RHONY in 2008, but she quickly upped her reportedly $7,250 per season pay to $1 million plus.

Bethenny shared a thank you post to Instagram, writing: "You started this journey with me in my tiny apartment in my late 30s, wondering what would happen to me. I was broke, single, had no family and no idea what the future held."

And she was the only Housewives star to make the Forbes list of top earning reality stars (sorry, Lisa Vanderpump!). In addition to Real Housewives of New York, Bethenny hopped coasts and appeared as a friend to Kyle Richards on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

She also starred in two Bravo spin-offs: Bethenny Ever After and Bethenny & Fredrik. Still, Housewives is one of her biggest pay-days, and she's referred to it as the best commercial for Skinnygirl, per BravoTV. She's also commented about her co-stars finances. "They can’t afford the lives they’re living," she told Money.

Bethenny started a lifestyle empire with one drink, the Skinnygirl Margarita. “If I make you a drink, I’m going to be sure it’s the best drink you’ve ever had," she told Money.

In 2011, she sold her Skinnygirl cocktail line to Beam Global for $100 million, per Money. Savvy businesswoman that she is, Bethenny retained the right to license the brand name for other products. She continues to profit from Skinnygirl spinoffs, the publication reported.

Bethenny has written four New York Times best-selling books, including Naturally Thin, The Skinnygirl Dish, and A Place of Yes.

She says she started out in a small New York apartment on the show, and my, how the times have changed. Since then, she's lived in and flipped many multi-million-dollar pads. She recently purchased a loft in SoHo for $4.2 million in 2017, per Architectural Digest.

Bethenny also sold a penthouse in Tribeca in 2016 for $6.95 million, according to Curbed. Plus, she owns two multi-million-dollar homes in the Hamptons, CNBC reported.

While she's saying farewell to RHONY this year, she's not leaving entertainment altogether. In March, Bethenny signed a deal with MGM Television and Mark Burnett, Variety reported. She plans to develop, produce, and potentially appear in unscripted projects.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 22, 2019 9:29 PM

She should run away to Italy with the Giudice gremlin. That would be a great tv show.

by Anonymousreply 18August 22, 2019 9:32 PM

[quote] She should run away to Italy

And stay there.

And don't come back. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 19August 22, 2019 9:34 PM

[quote]Bethenny Frankel Says Other Housewives 'Can't Afford The Lives They're Living'

People with real money don't live the pretend-wealthy lifestyle that any of the RH do.

It's like they all watched Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, and they live with an internal narration by Robin Leach.

by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2019 9:56 PM

Now I will be the rightful center of attention!

by Anonymousreply 21August 22, 2019 10:06 PM

Whoever replaces Bethenny needs to be someone who has a history with Ramona, LuAnn, and Sonya.

They have to be able to call them out, when they start acting dumb.

Someone NEEDS to call out Ramona when she goes off the rails, Sonya when she starts getting delusional, and LuAnn when she gets too full of herself.

If not, they are going to really go nuts.

by Anonymousreply 22August 23, 2019 12:47 AM

And Dorinda when she gets too drunk to function. Bethenny wielded a unique power.

by Anonymousreply 23August 23, 2019 12:51 AM

Yeah, R23.

It's called "Executive Producer."

by Anonymousreply 24August 23, 2019 7:45 PM

Bethenny Frankel says she’s married after announcing ‘Real Housewives’ departure

Bethenny Frankel is shocking fans left and right this week. After the entrepreneur announced she was leaving “The Real Housewives of New York,” Frankel threw followers another curveball by casually mentioning she's "actually married." Frankel, who has been dating Paul Bernon, dropped the bomb in a message to her former castmates.

Although Frankel has stayed mum on what she meant by "actually married," a source tells Yahoo Entertainment she and Bernon did not secretly wed.

The reality star was likely making a joke about her yet-to-be-finalized divorce from Jason Hoppy. (A rep for Frankel couldn't be reached for comment.) Frankel and Hoppy separated in December 2012 after nearly three years of marriage. She filed for divorce one month later and it still isn't finalized. They reached a financial settlement in 2016 after a contentious few years and are still battling in court over custody details of their 9-year-old daughter, Bryn.

In a statement about her decision to leave RHONY, Frankel said she wanted to explore her "next chapter."

"It’s time to move on and focus on my daughter, my philanthropy and my production partnership with Mark Burnett, producing and starring in shows which represent a shift in the conversation for women," she shared.

In a message to fans on social media, Frankel encouraged her followers to "GO for it. Whatever it is. Reach for your dreams in life and love and make the impossible happen, because it can happen and it WILL happen. Come from a place of yes and it’s yours for the taking."

Frankel has kept her relationship with Bernon, a real estate developer and film producer, mostly out of the spotlight. He was not featured on the Bravo show last season. They have been together for about a year. However, she happily posts photos with him on social media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2019 7:50 PM

I'm seeing it like this. They already were adding a new HW for this season so clearly the producers knew this was going to happen. They need to bring Jill back. Have the new HW get comfortable with the group and then, after a few weeks of filming, have Lu bring Jill on with a bigger Friend Of role, complete with confessionals. But no solo scenes, just add her in like they did for Barb. The thing about NY is that the cast chemistry really WORKS if there's one HW who is witty and has an air of bookishness. First it was Bethenny, then when she left it was Carole, then it went back to Bethenny. Now both are gone.

by Anonymousreply 26August 23, 2019 8:01 PM

I'll miss her....very sad to see her go!! Would love to have Jill back though!!

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2019 8:07 PM

DIdn't Jill move to Florida??

by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2019 8:08 PM

Bethenny was never bookish, she had street smarts.

I'd rather see Cindy Barshop and her vajazzled cunt than see Jill again.

by Anonymousreply 29August 23, 2019 8:08 PM

The new HW is Leah McSweeney, a friend in Tinsley's circle. She was born and raised in UES and is the founder/CEO of an established streetwear label.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 23, 2019 8:16 PM

These threads need to merge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 23, 2019 8:21 PM

This is actually FUCKED. Listen, this last season was HORRIBLE- mainly due to the dried out and worn out storylines and the complete unlikeability of the women. The only women I could stomach were Bethenny and Barb, and in MOMENTS, Sonja. But truthfully, I loathe Bethenny and feel Sonja should have been written out 3 years ago, so that was scary to me that they were the only ones I could stomach.

Lu is INSUFFERABLE. She has lost that balance of clueless, narcissistic, funny, sympathetic, and delusional. She is now clueless, narcissistic, and delusional. She has lost that rootability. Bethenny actually had Lu pegged during her (Bethenny's) nervous breakdown. INSUFFERABLE.

Dorinda is a FRIGHTENINGLY UN-PHOTOGENIC and an incredibly ANGRY woman. I have never seen a quicker descent from likable and greatest cast addition ever to I TRULY DESPISE WATCHING THIS ANGRY WOMAN. (I don't know who I hate more- Dorinda or Luann)

Tins is a sweetheart, but this season she was so pathetic that she was unwatchable. That circus? One of the worst episodes ever.

Ramona became boring this season. She always beyond horrible, but SO FUNNY- This season- she was a bore.

I don't know how this show can recover. A friend of Tinsley's? Wow. Pathetic.

I COMPLETELY agree with bringing back Aviva. I would drag back and Aviva and Heather. I know Carol would never return.

I love to re-watch old RHONY on HULU, and I have to tell you, seasons 5 and 6 were entertaining as FUCK!!!

by Anonymousreply 32August 23, 2019 8:45 PM

This may be the end of RHONY as we knew and loved it.

by Anonymousreply 33August 23, 2019 8:52 PM

The new cast member will stir things up

by Anonymousreply 34August 23, 2019 9:04 PM

How many times have we heard that, R34?

by Anonymousreply 35August 23, 2019 9:06 PM

That Bethenny needs to eat a little.

by Anonymousreply 36August 23, 2019 9:17 PM

I'm not surprised that Bethenny is collaborating with Mark Burnett.

She'd collaborate with Trump, if it meant that she could earn an extra dollar.

by Anonymousreply 37August 25, 2019 5:40 PM

R30 oh great another attention whore, Incest Survivor-voice, blonde dumbass. We don’t need two.

Tinsley is the fucking worst. This used to be my favorite of the series till that fucking boring Cunt got cast. She is fucking soulless trash and would be turning tricks for meth at a Florida 7-11, looking like Charlize Theron in Monster, if she hadn’t slang her pussy to rich men.

by Anonymousreply 38August 25, 2019 6:52 PM

R38 is Senga Mortimer, still bitter.

by Anonymousreply 39August 25, 2019 7:00 PM

They need to bring back batshit crazy Kelly

by Anonymousreply 40August 25, 2019 9:37 PM

R40 she’s currently fucking up contracts in NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 25, 2019 9:46 PM

KKB is far too busy being batshit insane to do reality TV. Plus, she's moving to Florida.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 25, 2019 9:50 PM

IT'S TIME THEY ADDED A GAY HUSBAND....not that you have to be married though!!

by Anonymousreply 43August 25, 2019 9:54 PM

A shrieking gay, no matter how femme, would upset the dynamic. This is about women who pretend to support the women they hate.

by Anonymousreply 44August 25, 2019 10:00 PM

Speaking of gay husbands, can someone please start a thread on Todd Chrisley? I want ALL the dirt on this closet case!

by Anonymousreply 45August 25, 2019 10:08 PM

Then a lesbian who is married!

by Anonymousreply 46August 25, 2019 10:45 PM

R45, girl, you know he has tasted the peen!

by Anonymousreply 47August 25, 2019 10:46 PM

Regardless of liking her, many have stated she's never looked better... I'm wondering if she had her jaw planed down a la the Korean miracle-working plastic surgeons. The jaw doesn't seem as fierce and man-eating as it once was.

by Anonymousreply 48August 25, 2019 11:08 PM

It’s just fillers

by Anonymousreply 49August 25, 2019 11:13 PM

IT'S TIME THEY ADDED A GAY HUSBAND....not that you have to be married though!!

" Yoo hoo!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 26, 2019 12:24 AM

[quote] Then a lesbian who is married!

That would be Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 51August 26, 2019 11:25 AM

Bethenny.... Bye, bye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 26, 2019 1:19 PM

RHONY was better without Bethenny.

She sucked all of the oxygen out of the room.

Now we can focus on individual personalities again, rather than the Bethenny Frankel "LOOK AT ME!!!" show.

by Anonymousreply 53August 27, 2019 4:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!