Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bethenny Frankel is exiting the Real Housewives of New York City

This is such a bad move.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 23, 2019 6:43 AM

Wow. Totally didn't see that coming. But I think it's for the best. She is great in the first three seasons of the show but she has acted more and more like an ogre since she's come back. Getting married and divorced from that psychopath, her boyfriend dying and her fallout with Jill really did a number on her (and she already had a hard life to begin with).

by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2019 11:13 PM

I'm devastated. I really am. I just can't believe this. Seriously. I never expected this to hit me this hard. I'm literally in tears. It's the end of an era. I feel like life is ending. First Game of Thrones, now Bethenny. There is nothing to watch anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2019 12:27 AM

Maybe this move is intended to help her in a war with the ex over the kid. Whatever the case, she doesn't need the $$ and she's obviously over it, so best to move on.

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2019 12:35 AM

Damn, this show is going to be a lot less funny. Bethenny was a shit-stirrer par excellence.

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2019 12:55 AM

Yoo-hoo! Heard you might have a spare apple...?

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2019 1:39 AM

Did someone finally tell her she has a face for radio?

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2019 2:27 AM

The headline makes it sound like it was voluntary.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2019 2:39 AM

She's left before, Marys.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2019 2:41 AM

Yeah but the last time she left it was for Bethenny Ever After.

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2019 2:44 AM

Wow, she looks different. I stopped watching all the Housewives years ago. Bethenny now looks like a young Natalie Wood. And she's a billionaire. Who needs an apple?

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2019 2:49 AM

Good. She's so dull.

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2019 3:00 AM

Brittle

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2019 5:06 AM

producers must be scrambling now.

This past season SUCKED VERY HARD and that was even with Bethenny's fans watching.

They cannot rely on Ramona, LuAnn, Dorinda, Sonja and Tinsley to carry the show. They're gonna need 2 heavy hitters to join. They really ought to consider bringing back Jill and Aviva who would cause lots of drama

Tinsley is basically a non-factor

Sonja adds nothing as well

by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2019 5:26 AM

Apparently filming started today and it looks like everybody is back r13.

by Anonymousreply 14August 22, 2019 8:25 AM

Cindy Barshop to the rescue!

by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2019 10:52 AM

good

by Anonymousreply 16August 22, 2019 11:39 AM

Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 17August 22, 2019 11:39 AM

Bethenny was exhausting this past season with her constant need to be the center of attention. "Sure, it was my boyfriend who killed himself, but can we all keep the focus on how it affects ME!"

by Anonymousreply 18August 22, 2019 11:59 AM

It will be interesting to see how the other ladies act when Bethenny isn't there to shriek at them. Ramona piddled on the floor like an abused dog every time Bethenny looked at her wrong.

by Anonymousreply 19August 22, 2019 12:26 PM

It could go either way r19. The ladies could find new life or it could be like OC where the clowns are leading the circus.

by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2019 12:29 PM

Now is the perfect time for the return of everyone's favorite housewives!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 22, 2019 12:29 PM

I don't understand why this hot mess harpy is so popular.

Screeching about what a victim you are doesn't make you a "strong" woman, nor does being nasty to people around you.

She behaves as if she were the fount of style, taste, and class, but she was a poor cook who lucked into a situation where broadcasting her messy life made her famous.

by Anonymousreply 22August 22, 2019 1:36 PM

I don't think she's really popular anymore. I think since her return, people hate-watch her. Which I guess still works, I mean people tuning in is ultimately all that matters, not their reason for doing so.

by Anonymousreply 23August 22, 2019 1:49 PM

R14 if they don't add 2 new big personalities, the next season will be a disaster

People were already tuning out this season because nothing noteworthy happened

by Anonymousreply 24August 22, 2019 5:20 PM

Ramon and Jill take a photo with the ghost of Alexa Rae Joel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 22, 2019 5:30 PM

Watching her on RHONY made me realize that money really can't buy happiness and peace of mind. Wendy Williams said, "Pay him off" (ex-husband) and I agree. I think maybe Bethenny was trying to go tit for tat, which stretched things out and increased attorneys' fees.

All the other women kissed Bethenny's ass and it was pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 26August 22, 2019 5:39 PM

So let's speculate wildly bitches...who is on deck for season 12? All of the girls (sans B, obv) are a go but Bravo needs new blood. What newbies are getting an apple? I think Ramona is trying to get Missy (of Tom & Missy sitting in the R-E-G-E-N-C-Y) in, Tinsley would be smart to try to get Dabney or Dale in the mix as a Friend at least. Sonja doesn't have any female friends because she is likely to try to fuck their husbands. I'd love to see Candy Bushnell added because she is smart but I think she'd be above the fray and not willing to take her earrings off. Nicole Miller has been on the Countess's IG a few times but she has an actual career. Dj Mad Marge was on once with B but again, there is no gain for her outside of more fame.

What if they added a gay househusband? How would that go down with all of the screeching and insults?

I think bringing on an old Housewife is bad move and a step backwards. They had their time and it's time to move on to someone new. There is nothing that Jill, Heather, or Aviva could bring that would give the show a (much-needed) shot in the arm.

by Anonymousreply 27August 22, 2019 5:41 PM

R27 bringing back 1 old and 1 new would be a good idea. They really should add more than 1 person. The current remaining cast just can't carry a show.

Tinsley is 1 of the WORST additions ever to any housewves' show. It's a mystery how she keeps coming back. She's boring and whiny. Can't stand her or her desperate mother and sister

Sonja is tired and brings nothing either

So you really only Ramona, Dorinda and LuAnn.

by Anonymousreply 28August 22, 2019 5:44 PM

I KNEW as soon as she and Mandy got Carold to quit that she'd be leaving. Her 'philanthropy' is just more self-aggrandizement. I only hope she doesnt get another talk show to bomb, because she cannot shut up long enough for anyone else to actually speak a coherent sentence.

Here's to the Private Life of Frankelstein.

by Anonymousreply 29August 22, 2019 6:03 PM

I wonder if Carole regrets leaving and not standing her ground for season 11. She's hawking buff puffs on IG now.

by Anonymousreply 30August 22, 2019 6:11 PM

She’s planning on starting and producing shows with that scumbag Mark Burnett.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 22, 2019 6:13 PM

starring

by Anonymousreply 32August 22, 2019 6:14 PM

Ramona has old alcoholic lady body with her bloated torso and skinny limbs at R25. She looked young for a long time but she hit the wall hard. She hasn't long before the full onset of dementia now. Bethenny looks the best she has in her entire life! Love and charitable works bring out the beauty in her.

by Anonymousreply 33August 22, 2019 6:20 PM

Tinsley's face is what happens when you're really into chemical drugs.

by Anonymousreply 34August 22, 2019 6:28 PM

Apparently R31 is the only person on this thread who read the article at OP. She remains popular with TV audiences and is not going away.

"Frankel signed a deal with MGM Television and Mark Burnett back in March under which she will develop unscripted projects that she will executive produce and potentially appear on camera. According to an individual with knowledge of the deal, Frankel has recently taken meetings at both cable networks and streaming platforms to discuss producing new shows under the MGM deal."

by Anonymousreply 35August 22, 2019 6:29 PM

The producers must be very worried. They know they need some big personalities to fill that Bethenny void.

by Anonymousreply 36August 22, 2019 6:54 PM

I know the perfect replacement....Mandy Cohen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 22, 2019 6:56 PM

I love Bethenny. I will miss her. I think they should end the series for good this next season with just the girls they have left. Except what they should do is go back to their real reality. Show them in their lives each separately only in a serious documentary type way to end the series. It would be interesting to see them be introspective about how their lives have changed from the show.

The problem is non of them are real anymore. They are all celebrities. There aren’t housewives.

by Anonymousreply 38August 22, 2019 7:10 PM

New York could really fly without Bethenny around r38, if they bring in the new personalities that are needed.

by Anonymousreply 39August 23, 2019 8:51 AM

Bethenny tweeted that she's married and therefore the only actual housewife of NYC !?!

by Anonymousreply 40August 23, 2019 7:35 PM

Her and Jason are still married R40

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 23, 2019 7:43 PM

We need to merge these two threads or pick one of them

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/24512378

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 23, 2019 8:20 PM

Sorry, copied the wrong thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 23, 2019 8:21 PM

Mike was made first r43.

by Anonymousreply 44August 23, 2019 8:33 PM

Mine* and has more replies.

by Anonymousreply 45August 23, 2019 8:33 PM

How do you copy a thread? I am not being willfully naive. I really don't know. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 46August 23, 2019 8:40 PM

I am reposting what I posted on the other thread!

women. The only women I could stomach were Bethenny and Barb, and in MOMENTS, Sonja. But truthfully, I loathe Bethenny and feel Sonja should have been written out 3 years ago, so that was scary to me that they were the only ones I could stomach.

Lu is INSUFFERABLE. She has lost that balance of clueless, narcissistic, funny, sympathetic, and delusional. She is now clueless, narcissistic, and delusional. She has lost that rootability. Bethenny actually had Lu pegged during her (Bethenny's) nervous breakdown. INSUFFERABLE.

Dorinda is a FRIGHTENINGLY UN-PHOTOGENIC and an incredibly ANGRY woman. I have never seen a quicker descent from likable and greatest cast addition ever to I TRULY DESPISE WATCHING THIS ANGRY WOMAN. (I don't know who I hate more- Dorinda or Luann)

Tins is a sweetheart, but this season she was so pathetic that she was unwatchable. That circus? One of the worst episodes ever.

Ramona became boring this season. She always beyond horrible, but SO FUNNY- This season- she was a bore.

I don't know how this show can recover. A friend of Tinsley's? Wow. Pathetic.

I COMPLETELY agree with bringing back Aviva. I would drag back and Aviva and Heather. I know Carol would never return.

I love to re-watch old RHONY on HULU, and I have to tell you, seasons 5 and 6 were entertaining as FUCK!!!

by Anonymousreply 47August 23, 2019 8:48 PM

R47 the Scary Island episodes were some of the best out of the entirety of The Real Housewives world. Check out if you haven't already

by Anonymousreply 48August 23, 2019 9:58 PM

My favorite RHONY trip was the Turks and Caicos trip. Luann (who is usually boring) brought home a random for sex. She was supposed to be in a committed relationship with Jacques. She was filmed talking in French, on the phone with a friend, trying to plan a cover-up.

There was also this scene of Ramona, pooside, ever so graceful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 23, 2019 11:02 PM

Here is Luann in Turks and Caicos, her finest moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 23, 2019 11:03 PM

They need to throw them all away and start over, and go for a cast that is at least 20 years younger.

by Anonymousreply 51August 23, 2019 11:11 PM

R48- OF COURSE I HAVE!!!!

My order of favorite episodes of these franchises of all time:

1) Amster-damn Slap- RHOBH (RIVETING EPISODE- my favorite of all time) 2) Scary Island-ALL 3 EPISODES. And when Jill then shows up??? FUCKING CLASSIC 3) Season 1 Finale- RHOBH- That scene in the limo between Kim and Kyle was EXCELLENT TV- Reality or otherwise 4) RHONJ- The Season 3 or 4 Premiere- the christening - HOLY SHIT!! Train Wreck TV at its FINEST (underrated , big time)

by Anonymousreply 52August 24, 2019 12:14 AM

the NY thread got payrolled so this should be the new thread at least for now

by Anonymousreply 53August 24, 2019 1:16 AM

So is this the S12 pre thread r53?

by Anonymousreply 54August 24, 2019 4:49 PM

Let's just use it R54

What Bethenny did was pretty shitty to the other women. Even as a colleague, much less a friend-

But THEY WERE NEVER REMOTELY FRIENDS. None of them.

Even when you watch Sonja and Ramona in the premiere episodes every season- "Well I didn't see you all summer" ect..

That's why I like RHOBH more- they actually have some genuine friendships. Like Kyle/Teddi, Lisa R/Eileen Lisa R/Denise

I miss Carol/Heather, etc- it brings some depth to these shows.

by Anonymousreply 55August 24, 2019 5:11 PM

I hope producers bring on 2 women whether they're both new, both returning or 1 of each. The current 5 cast members are stale IMO

we can never go by early reports. For a lot of the shows there are always casting rumors out there and half of them end up getting cut or simply "friend role"

by Anonymousreply 56August 24, 2019 5:44 PM

This new chick would have been cast weeks before Bethenny's announcement. I suspect she is a friend-

Aviva really needs to come back, however there would be no organic way in for her-

by Anonymousreply 57August 24, 2019 5:51 PM

I can’t believe anyone actually cares about this. Really.

Anyway, since it’s 2019, here’s an idea: Cast Indya Moore from POSE. She’s a loudmouthed transgender social justice warrior and a professional victim like Bethenny.

by Anonymousreply 58August 24, 2019 6:12 PM

Block r58. Anyway, the new girl is called Leah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 24, 2019 6:40 PM

R55, the women on Beverly hills aren't friends either, and their relationships are far more phony than those in New York. Did you watch last season's finale? They all met for the first time in months at Kyle's house. If they were truly friends, I doubt they would have taken months to see each other.

by Anonymousreply 60August 25, 2019 6:24 PM

R59 oh great another attention whore, Incest Survivor-voice, blonde dumbass. We don’t need two.

Tinsley is the fucking worst. This used to be my favorite of the series till that fucking boring Cunt got cast. She is fucking soulless trash and would be turning tricks for meth at a Florida 7-11, looking like Charlize Theron in Monster, if she hadn’t slang her pussy to rich men.

by Anonymousreply 61August 25, 2019 7:10 PM

R61 PETER DAVIS! Get off of the internet and back to rubbing mother's feet or I won't be paying your Supreme bill this month.

by Anonymousreply 62August 25, 2019 7:25 PM

OMG she really does look skeletal. Like the walking dead. Why?

by Anonymousreply 63August 25, 2019 7:33 PM

I really don't get what Bravo sees in Tinsley.

She's not married, has no kids, is not close to either of those happening, doesn't have a real career outside reality tv, isn't charming, isn't funny, doesn't have real drama, doesn't cause drama in the cast

what's the point of her being on the show?

by Anonymousreply 64August 25, 2019 7:37 PM

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 65August 25, 2019 7:45 PM

Revealing that she did not mention any of the other Housewives. No love lost there. I was hoping they were firing Ramona and LuMann.

by Anonymousreply 66August 25, 2019 9:04 PM

Train wreck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 25, 2019 9:09 PM

I think it is a huge mistake to "aim younger" for this particular franchise.

I am not surprised they found a friend of Tinsley's, maybe she'll come out of her shell now, but I am disappointed they didn't land someone big, or at least big-ish. I have no idea what this chick is going to bring to the plate. At least Barbara sounded interesting on paper, she seemed likable and honest on camera, and she had ties (until they untied) with some of the other women. Early days though. As with Barbara, most of the new girl's scenes could well end up on the cutting room floor as filming goes on.

If we are in agreement to use this thread as the "carryover thread" between seasons, I'll post a note on the now-paywalled thread.

by Anonymousreply 68August 25, 2019 9:44 PM

I used to watch NY and BH back in the day, but the entire franchise jumped the shark years ago. Why are people still watching women cat fight? It's so toxic.

And Bethenny is exhausting with her sarcasm.

GO TO SLEEP!

by Anonymousreply 69August 25, 2019 9:50 PM

IT'S TIME THEY ADDED A GAY HUSBAND....not that you have to be married though!!

by Anonymousreply 70August 25, 2019 9:54 PM

R70 Ms. Cohen wouldn’t allow another Kween

by Anonymousreply 71August 25, 2019 9:57 PM

This show is now adrift. None of the other women can be the Queen Bee. Are they going to have the young women gang up on Ramona? Wendy Williams turned it down because it was beneath her.

by Anonymousreply 72August 25, 2019 10:05 PM

Bring back Jill Zarin!

by Anonymousreply 73August 25, 2019 10:17 PM

it's a big mistake to try and center the show on Tinsley now. She's been a fucking flop for FOUR seasons. Bringing in her friend won't change that. No one cares about Tinsley. She doesn't have that love or love-to-hate characteristic. She's just boring and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 74August 25, 2019 10:35 PM

Or, a married lesbian. YAY

by Anonymousreply 75August 25, 2019 10:45 PM

Andy is too homophobic

by Anonymousreply 76August 25, 2019 10:46 PM

r74 I think *this* coming season will be Tinsley's fourth season which is striking to realize. I wonder if she got a contract for x years like Denise Richards did, because I thought she wouldn't make it past season two (and I actually don't mind her). It seems like an odd choice (or bad mistake may be more accurate) to try and bolster the weakest link in the show. Instead of trying to find someone with a bit of name value, who has a lot to offer, and fits in with the general age of the group, they went in the completely opposite direction.

by Anonymousreply 77August 25, 2019 10:46 PM

r48 Got me craving some Scary Island rewatching. Join in guys! Right now they are having the gummi bears are/aren't processed food discussion.

Holy fucking cow, the Korean plastic surgeon(s) that worked on BF's jaw a few years ago should get an award. Amazing undertaking and outcome. Night and day.

by Anonymousreply 78August 25, 2019 10:57 PM

R58 you need to be taken out back and shot. Putting a transsie on the show would be even worse than this desire to go for younger women. I wonder if any of the new cunts will even be married?

by Anonymousreply 79August 25, 2019 11:41 PM

What about a David Burtka or SJP? They have nothing else to do.

by Anonymousreply 80August 25, 2019 11:59 PM

Kim, "Youstolemygoddamnedhouse" -

I always thought that Bethenny's jaw became enlarged when she was fully pregnant with little Brine.

If you are watching Scary Island, Satchels of Gold, Bethenny's jaw was at FULL FORCE!!!! She looked like my chipmunk!

by Anonymousreply 81August 26, 2019 12:42 AM

R81 I wonder if she was barfing a lot while knocked up. So much of her jaw always had the "bulimia jaw" look, but it was extra obvious to me when she was preggo. Whatever reason, full fucking force indeed!

by Anonymousreply 82August 26, 2019 12:52 AM

Lindsay Lohan and Kim Cattrall?

by Anonymousreply 83August 26, 2019 1:14 AM

They should really bring back Jill. Dina Lohan has prior connections to most of this group (Sonja, Lu, Jill).

by Anonymousreply 84August 26, 2019 11:01 AM

She looks like another species — how much work?

by Anonymousreply 85August 26, 2019 11:02 AM

A bad move for whom, OP? Bethenny or the show?

by Anonymousreply 86August 26, 2019 1:13 PM

I would be very happy if Ramona and LuAnn were fired on camera. Those two are despicable.

by Anonymousreply 87August 27, 2019 3:28 AM

Both r86, in my opinion

by Anonymousreply 88August 27, 2019 7:52 AM

so that Leah chick is the one who had that embarrassing text convo with Michael Che a few years ago after messaging on the Raya dating app

by Anonymousreply 89August 28, 2019 7:16 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 28, 2019 10:08 PM

I had no great love for Bethenny, but without her, Ramona & Lu will have no one to call them out on their shit, which Bethenny did even if it involved extreme dramatics. This show is going to turn into Hunger Games: NYC by episode 3

by Anonymousreply 91August 28, 2019 10:17 PM

Guys, the shows are scripted. Bethenny has left before. She adds a frenetic dynamic, but the writers will just turn up the volume on Sonja’s or Ramona’s crazy, etc. Luann had the narcissistic storyline last season and so next season she will be “working on” herself and by the end you’ll be thinking she’s not that bad. They’ve done this with her before, and with Ramona and Sonja, with Lisa Vanderpump and Brandi Glanville and Camille, with Vicki and Tamra and Heather and Meghan and Lydia. They’re all just playing roles. Don’t fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 92August 28, 2019 10:43 PM

Wasn't there a gay semi closeted husband in Season 1? Boring Alex McCord's husband, Simon or something? Ramona was always making fun of him. What happened to them?

by Anonymousreply 93August 29, 2019 12:22 AM

They moved to Australia, R93. I think Simon is a realtor now.

by Anonymousreply 94August 29, 2019 1:30 AM

I don’t think Simon is gay. He’s sort of an unattractive, feminine version of Warren Beatty in Shampoo. He seems comfortable in his own skin and Alex & him seem to truly love each other much more than any of the other HoWives and their significant others.

by Anonymousreply 95August 29, 2019 2:07 AM

Alex is a lawyer! r94

by Anonymousreply 96August 29, 2019 8:33 AM

Good riddance!

by Anonymousreply 97August 29, 2019 8:38 AM

I thought Alex became a psychologist? Oh well. I hope whatever they are doing, they are happy and less creepy.

Which thread are we using in the interim? This one has far more replies, which is how we usually decide, but the one linked has a better filename for future searches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 29, 2019 8:56 AM

Good. She’s a total cunt. I don’t understand why any of these Housewives shows still air. It’s all fake and all these stupid bitches look embalmed.

by Anonymousreply 99August 29, 2019 10:59 AM

Simon is a lawyer-in-training, now working as a paralegal with his brother. Alex is the one who went back to get her degree in psychology.

More importantly, Lu's probation is over, just in time for filming! Who wants a drink?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100August 29, 2019 1:30 PM

[quote]Bethenny now looks like a young Natalie Wood.

Hahahahahaha!

by Anonymousreply 101September 1, 2019 9:23 PM

Ramona has been fired.

by Anonymousreply 102September 1, 2019 9:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 1, 2019 10:24 PM

R102 are you sure?

by Anonymousreply 104September 1, 2019 10:57 PM

I'm not all that clear on which trashy middle aged woman is on which show but I could have sworn that the nasty old cunt known as Bethany left years ago, no?

by Anonymousreply 105September 1, 2019 11:18 PM

[quote]I love to re-watch old RHONY on HULU, and I have to tell you, seasons 5 and 6 were entertaining as FUCK!!!

Those seasons were peak RHoNY - the overhyped Scary Island had nothing on Slutty Island.

Then Beth returned, and the show went downhill. Good riddance to the bony bitch.

by Anonymousreply 106September 1, 2019 11:32 PM

this is just probably buzz that production is using to make people more interested for next season. I'd be shocked if Ramona would be let go after Bethenny left. Ramona is like Vicki Gunvalson and is desperate to remain on the show

by Anonymousreply 107September 2, 2019 1:32 AM

Ramona has already been Filming, I think.

by Anonymousreply 108September 2, 2019 7:42 AM

I love B and don’t care about any of the other bitches

by Anonymousreply 109September 23, 2019 6:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!