Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jerry Seinfeld Outrunning History?

I understand there may be no legal grounding here, regional age of consent or whatever... ,still, even if no legal recourse, I think that we, as a society, need to look back on jerry Seinfeld (then 38) publicly dating a minor.

Just as we have re-examined social norms of homosexuality, sexual harassment, and others like bill cosby (yes different circumstances and way more severe legal implications), how is it ok that this guy walks around dating children in public in 1999? Was it 1899???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 26, 2019 11:42 PM

How is this guy any different other than that he is a little more age appropriate?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2019 2:52 AM

17 is the age of consent in New York, so technically there was nothing illegal about their dating.

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2019 3:08 AM

Illegal not the issue as stated.

Would you be cool with your 17 tear old daughter dating a 40 year old? I wouldn’t.

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2019 3:21 AM

Get a life

Get a life

Get a life

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2019 3:25 AM

r4 = Jerry

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2019 3:37 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2019 4:05 AM

17 is gross for him to date, but not illegal.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2019 4:06 AM

I don't think I had ever heard Jessica's voice. Vocal Fry Alert!

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2019 5:08 AM

OP is Bobcat Goldthwait

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2019 5:14 AM

OP is right! We need to villify these pedos! Let's start with Elvis, who was "dating" 14 year old Priscilla.

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2019 5:20 AM

I remember this debate back in the 90’s. Consensus was, it was gross. In an interview, I think with Barbara Walters, he was talking about how he redesigned his house to accommodate living with her. The big focus being his and her bathrooms. She was 16 when he started seeing her.

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2019 5:28 AM

In California, she would have been jailbait.

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2019 5:37 AM

As long as it’s legal; opinions and value judgements don’t matter. Policing someone’s genitalia post age of consent is not my job, nor society at large. Consenting adults do any number of things in their bedrooms that I may find to be distasteful. My opinion does not matter.

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2019 5:44 AM

[quote]Would you be cool with your 17 tear old daughter dating a 40 year old? I wouldn’t.

Her parents were, though, or at least kept any misgivings to themselves, which probably helped tamp down public outcry. She was from a wealthy family and they probably thought, hey, at least he's rich.

It was gross though. He saw her in Central Park with a bunch of her friends and went up to her. Surrounded by other teenage girls being teenagery, he must have known she was a high schooler. I remember Esquire running an article about it with pics of her saying something like, yeah, she's jailbait but admit it: you'd do it too if you could. She was VERY pretty, and...how to put this politely? Built like a brick house. For a lot of people, I think her beauty sort of shut down any criticism they might have voiced. It was like the Esquire thing - how could anyone resist a girl this hot, high school or no?

Gross.

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2019 5:53 AM

R13 “Consenting adults” is not a 16 yr old. She is 5 years away from being legally allowed to drink alcohol. She was not an adult. Just because her parents failed to do their job, does not make this exceptable.

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2019 5:56 AM

Jerry deserves the prime filly. He worked for it. I'll bet he has a big dick. Fucking split that baby clam open HARD.

by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2019 5:58 AM

The relationship lasted 4 years and ended amicably. She's a married mother and fashion designer now. She fine. He's fine. I don't see the big deal to be honest. I don't think relationships with large age gaps are inherently damaging or wrong. I never understood Americans weird mentality that 17 year olds are the equivalent of pre pubescent children.

by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2019 6:07 AM

Jerry Seinfeld somehow got a pass for being Humbert Humbert. At the time, "Seinfeld" was hugely popular and making tons of money. Shoshanna was very good looking, thin with a huge chest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2019 6:09 AM

R17 Epstein? I thought you were dead?

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2019 6:12 AM

[quote] [R13] “Consenting adults” is not a 16 yr old. She is 5 years away from being legally allowed to drink alcohol. She was not an adult. Just because her parents failed to do their job, does not make this exceptable.

She was legally able to consent to sex. The age of consent laws make it acceptable. Outsiders ideas about morality and parental obligation don’t really matter. And of course we don’t know that there was any sex involved. That is just our assumption.

If people believe the laws should be changed. They should work on that. Rambling on about how “gross” was 20 yrs ago is waste of everyone’s time. If we need to have a discussion about laws, okay. That discussion doesn’t need to hinge upon something Jerry Seinfeld did 20 yrs ago.

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2019 7:02 AM

R20 Do you realize your mental gymnastics is why pedophiles exist. You’re spouting shit from the NAMBLA handbook. You need to be banished from this site. Gays do not equate pedophilia...fuck off!!

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2019 7:37 AM

You’re sick, r21. Your opinion of what they did is meaningless. R20 is right. It was legal, and that’s that.

NAMBLA is another matter entirely and has nothing to do with this particular situation.

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2019 7:42 AM

I’m sorry Epstein, how am I sick?

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2019 7:51 AM

Dating somebody who is in high school when you are almost 40? That is just wrong.

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2019 9:15 AM

The thought makes me sick

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2019 9:17 AM

Tend to your own house OP and stay out of other people's business.

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2019 9:19 AM

R26 You’re absolutely right!

All my love from hell,

Hugs and kisses

Gertrude Baniszewski

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2019 9:45 AM

Get a life

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2019 9:47 AM

He was doing exactly what Roy Moore did in Alabama. But because he was Jerry Seinfeld, people looked away. I remember reading about it in the 90s and thinking, WTF? Can't he get women in their 20's at least?

by Anonymousreply 29August 21, 2019 2:22 AM

[quote] He was doing exactly what Roy Moore did in Alabama. But because he was Jerry Seinfeld, people looked away. I remember reading about it in the 90s and thinking, WTF? Can't he get women in their 20's at least?

From what mall was Seinfeld banned for being a predator? What complaints have been filed? Where are the accusations of assault against Seinfeld?

by Anonymousreply 30August 21, 2019 8:39 AM

In November 2017, during Moore's U.S. Senate campaign, a total of nine women accused him of inappropriate sexual or social conduct.[124] Three of the women said they had been sexually assaulted by Moore when they were aged 14, 16, and 28.[8][clarification needed] The other six described him pursuing a romantic relationship with them while he was in his 30s and they were as young as 16, but said there had not been any inappropriate sexual contact.[7] Moore denied the sexual assault allegations,[8] but did not dispute that he had approached or dated teenagers over the age of 16 (the age of consent in Alabama).[10][125][126] Independent witnesses confirmed that Moore had a reputation for approaching teenage girls, often at a local mall, and asking them out.[7][126][127]

Of the three women who accused him of sexual assault, Leigh Corfman said that Moore sexually assaulted her in 1979, when she was 14 and he was 32. Moore denied knowing or having contact with Corfman, although her mother confirmed their meeting.

Beverly Young Nelson said that, in December 1977 or January 1978 when she was 16, Moore sexually assaulted her. She said that when she fought him off, he eventually gave up, telling her, "You're just a child, I'm the district attorney. If you tell anyone about this no one will ever believe you." Moore denied Nelson's accusations and that he even knew her at all.

Tina Johnson alleged that when she was 28 in 1991, she had visited Moore in his law office for a legal matter. She said Moore flirted with her, asked questions about her young daughters, and grabbed her buttocks as she left.

by Anonymousreply 31August 21, 2019 8:41 AM

R30, Seinfeld went after a high school teenager. I didn't say he assaulted anyone but the fact that he chased a teenager is still creepy.

by Anonymousreply 32August 23, 2019 3:55 AM

[quote]Elvis, who was "dating" 14 year old Priscilla.

Don’t forget the great Jerry Lee Lewis who married his 14-year old cousin. (It was a scandal even back in the 1950s.)

by Anonymousreply 33August 23, 2019 4:05 AM

R33 Actually she was 13.

“Jerry Lee Lewis had been warned ahead of his British tour in May 1958. He’d been told by his advisers that he shouldn’t take his new wife to the U.K. with him, but he didn't listen. He couldn’t see any problem with bringing her with him on the road. He was one of the few who saw things so simply.

There were several issues in the eyes of others. Firstly, Myra Gale Brown was 13 years old. Secondly, she was his cousin, the daughter of his bassist J.W. Brown. Thirdly, she was his third wife. Fourthly, their marriage had taken place before the second divorce had been finalized. And for a bonus, Lewis’ second marriage had also taken place before the previous one was terminated.”

by Anonymousreply 34August 23, 2019 4:09 AM

“When Lewis and his entourage arrived at London’s Heathrow Airport, one of the first American stars to make the journey, many of them expected great things. Elvis Presley had recently joined the army, so the way was clear for Lewis to claim the rock ’n’ roll crown. All those hopes were smashed when British journalist Ray Berry, who was patrolling the airport, asked a simple question of Myra: “Who are you?” Since she hadn’t been given any advice about how to treat reporters, she replied honestly, saying she was the wife of Jerry Lee Lewis.

Within days the British tour had been canceled, and within weeks the rising rock star would be appearing for $250 in bars and clubs instead of the $10,000 big shows he’d been playing before the scandal. Radio stations stopped playing his songs, former friends abandoned him and Myra later said she’d never shaken off the “Jerry Lee Lewis’s child bride” prefix to her name.”

by Anonymousreply 35August 23, 2019 4:11 AM

I know Jerry and Jessica all too well. Have for 15 years. Will leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 36August 23, 2019 4:11 AM

[quote] I know Jerry and Jessica all too well. Have for 15 years. Will leave it at that.

That was quite informative.

by Anonymousreply 37August 23, 2019 6:53 AM

R36 Any tidbits?

by Anonymousreply 38August 23, 2019 7:44 AM

I have no information to impart. Just want to stop by and be a name dropper.

by Anonymousreply 39August 23, 2019 9:51 AM

His face says it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 23, 2019 11:31 AM

Smug!

by Anonymousreply 41August 26, 2019 12:59 PM

OP is a pedo. Only a pedo spends as much time as she does thinking about pedophilia.

by Anonymousreply 42August 26, 2019 1:06 PM

Why the hell does Seinfeld's daughter need to go to college? She's just taking a spot from a kid who needs it. I hate these rich celebs and their spoiled kids.

by Anonymousreply 43August 26, 2019 1:24 PM

R3, take a purge. You are a tight-assed prude.

by Anonymousreply 44August 26, 2019 1:33 PM

He started seeing her when she was 16. How does a 38 year old man have anything in common with a 16 year old other than he wants to fuck an underaged girl?

by Anonymousreply 45August 26, 2019 2:11 PM

Not really in the Epstein or Lolita zone. OP needs a hobby.

by Anonymousreply 46August 26, 2019 2:17 PM

I remember Seinfeld being interviewed on '60 Minutes' and being asked about Shosha and their "age difference". Seinfeld explained that she was so "sexually mature" versus him being so "sexually immature" and while saying this he literally broke out in a sweat and somebody who was off-camera had to come and dab Jerry's anxious little face.

Seinfeld got away with it. America's clean-cut, family friendly, popular, loveable king of comedy got away with it.

by Anonymousreply 47August 26, 2019 2:25 PM

Jerry Seinfeld was 21 years older than Shoshanna Lonstein. Causing outrage even now.

Macron is 24 years younger than his wife. She started her affair with him when he was 16. THAT is considered beautiful, and deserving of understanding and empathy for these "soulmates". Meanwhile she looks like the cryptkepper and he's just turning 40.

When is this crap ok? My feeling is that there ought to be a law that limits not only the age of consent, but the allowable age difference, precisely because of pedo issues.

by Anonymousreply 48August 26, 2019 2:31 PM

Thank God that R48 is powerless to write the rules of society.

by Anonymousreply 49August 26, 2019 2:36 PM

r48 both are gross.

by Anonymousreply 50August 26, 2019 3:08 PM

What’s all this speculation that they started dating when she was 16?! They did not. She was a senior at Bamford-Nightingale and 17 years old when they met in Central Park.

[quote]She's a married mother and fashion designer now

She’s been divorced since 2014. And she and her then husband had already parted ways long before that. However they were amicable and decided to raise their three daughters together.

by Anonymousreply 51August 26, 2019 3:08 PM

I’m fifty four, and played in various silly punk bands when I was a teenager. Back then, in the rock scene, it was part of the culture for the men to be with young girls. It wasn’t as bad as the sixties and seventies, but I remember some bragging going on about it. I’m a woman, and thought I was old at eighteen. It’s still part of the culture to feel ancient the moment dewy youthfulness fades, and enchanted wonderment hardens to cynicism. I remember being hounded by older men, to the point of true danger. Two followed me in cars. One pulled over and tried to pull me in. I was always on high alert. The messed up part is that when you age out of being stalked and molested, you’re made to feel as if you’ve been discarded!

by Anonymousreply 52August 26, 2019 3:22 PM

I wonder what Larry David thought of the relationship?

by Anonymousreply 53August 26, 2019 4:10 PM

wonder no more

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 26, 2019 11:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!