Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A Treasonable Number of Accessories (The Mueller Investigation Part 114)

Continued Discussion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600August 24, 2019 5:01 AM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 8, 2019 7:23 AM

OP's picture looks like the Trump Trio.

by Anonymousreply 2August 8, 2019 7:34 AM

The Three Trumpeteers

by Anonymousreply 3August 8, 2019 7:34 AM

Trump's Trio of Treason

by Anonymousreply 4August 8, 2019 7:36 AM

THANKS OP !!!

by Anonymousreply 5August 8, 2019 7:37 AM

The devils.

by Anonymousreply 6August 8, 2019 7:37 AM

Flimsy Lindsay, Moscow Mitch, and Billy Liar

by Anonymousreply 7August 8, 2019 7:44 AM

OK it's Thursday...I really hope the mainstream media can at least do SOME coverage of Trump/Russia. I mean it's been 4 days straight of almost all mass shooting. I FULLY UNDERSTAND that this is a serious topic that needs to be covered but there's so much going on that they aren't covering this week.

by Anonymousreply 8August 8, 2019 8:04 AM

R8 If it doesn't get covered, does that mean it really didn't happen? Does it count if there's no camera footage put on social media?

I'm not trying to be obtuse. I'm serious. We've seen countless situations, mounting evidence that our Rapist-in-Chief is an outright common criminal. But today he was in hospitals "comforting" victims of a crime that he's responsible for.

So really, what difference does it make?

by Anonymousreply 9August 8, 2019 8:52 AM

R9 and that's the problem. In today's world it's ALL about coverage. Most people aren't going to look for the articles online. They're just going to see what's on tv or the big headlines from tv on social media. So far they're all about the mass shooting. Most of them in the mainstream media haven't been good for Trump so far but people have already taken their mind off his "Rusher thing".

by Anonymousreply 10August 8, 2019 9:49 AM

We've reached thread 114 here. Bravo OP! Yet treason is not a part of the Dem vocabulary.

by Anonymousreply 11August 8, 2019 10:16 AM

How often do those three get together and scissor?

The Barr layout reach must be quite difficult to find the full crease. And with Moscow McTurtle's 'allegedly' fractured arm, positioning would be painful. But Madáme Leningrad knows well how to deliver utensil tribadism precisely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 8, 2019 10:47 AM

Can anyone recap the legal filings of the House Oversight and Intelligence Committees this week?

by Anonymousreply 13August 8, 2019 11:09 AM

So Ms. Pelosi, are you ready to IMPEACH this traitor in chief yet?

by Anonymousreply 14August 8, 2019 12:34 PM

Even if she does, the Senate won't pass it.

by Anonymousreply 15August 8, 2019 1:29 PM

impeachment begins and ends in the House. Nancy and the Dems have more than enough votes to impeach.

It's true that MoscowMitch would probably not even try to have him put on trial in the Senate, but so what? Trump will still carry the title "Impeached president" for the rest of his days.

He deserves nothing less.

by Anonymousreply 16August 8, 2019 1:50 PM

[quote]Nancy and the Dems have more than enough votes to impeach.

A majority of House Dems have publicly called for an impeachment inquiry but that number is insufficient to actually impeach.

by Anonymousreply 17August 8, 2019 2:01 PM

r17, I meant Nancy and the Dems would have enough to impeach if just about every Democrat voted for impeachment; since you only need 218 to impeach him and we have around 235 Democratic members in the House now.

But will Nancy even pursue it? Or is she ok with having an openly racist president?

by Anonymousreply 18August 8, 2019 2:12 PM

According to what I've read there are 113 members of the House favoring Impeachment. Reports are that in a closed door caucus Nancy told them she needs the votes and she wants them to go home at recess and discuss this with their constituents and talk about why it has to be done.

I wish all of us would devote more attention and funding for ballot security. Eric Holder's group has been successful in its lawsuits against gerrymandering. Some governors and legislatures are dragging their feet about redistricting commissions and they need to be exposed. There are also measures that are being ignored for paper ballots or a trail for voters. We have to make sure our elections are not stolen again. We have to take the Senate hold the house and get Trump out of the White House. We can't do anything if they steal the election or prevent us from voting. And the Democratic strongholds in many of our big cities are laboring under outdated broken screwed up machines. Why can Bill Gates and Warren Buffet and Mark Cuban get together and donate to funding upgrades in the various counties? It could work.

by Anonymousreply 19August 8, 2019 2:23 PM

Here's the article in the Washington Post..... Koch Brothers.... Who's going to fine them?????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 8, 2019 2:40 PM

r16, The Senate Majority Leader has nothing to do with the Chief Justice of the SCOTUS convening a trial of Impeachment in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 21August 8, 2019 7:01 PM

Oh.....by the way.....

Deutsche and Wall Street banks reportedly just gave Congress thousands of documents related to Russians with possible ties to Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 8, 2019 7:11 PM

Message from 'Mother' about her pussy which she named Hazel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 8, 2019 7:15 PM

Here are some accessories made just for accessories to treason. Order your pikes now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 8, 2019 7:18 PM

Good, R22. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 25August 8, 2019 7:33 PM

Politico:

Hillary’s impeachment lessons: ‘Do not pursue it for trivial partisan political purposes'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 8, 2019 7:33 PM

I am hearing Nancy is all for Impeachment but there are obstacles. She wants to get this right. She wants to make sure everything is in place to go forward. She doesn't want anything to go wrong. Yes, her game is a long one but I would rather her take her time and get it right than overreach and fuck this up. It really would hand Pres Bone Spurs a victory.

by Anonymousreply 27August 8, 2019 7:42 PM

I think it's been obvious to anyone who isn't brain dead that Nancy wants impeachment but is being cautious about it backfiring. Anyone who believes otherwise, I deem profoundly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 28August 8, 2019 7:47 PM

And to make it clear my post at R27 wasn't an attack on R27. I'm not one of those. I'm talking about all the people who keep screeching, and the Pelosi Doesn't Want Impeachment Trolls!

by Anonymousreply 29August 8, 2019 7:48 PM

My post at R28, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 30August 8, 2019 7:55 PM

I just hope the financial info can all come sooner rather than later to the House so they can act.

Did Deutsche Bank give EVERYTHING? or just some things? We know Trump has extensive history with them

by Anonymousreply 31August 8, 2019 7:58 PM

CNN:

Andrew McCabe suing Justice Department, FBI over firing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 8, 2019 8:31 PM

I believe Nancy and company are seeking testimony from Don McGahn in particular, as well as several others, before declaring a formal impeachment pursuit.. Hope Hicks was not truthful prior, and avoided all questions that pertained to matters after Trump took office. Cory Lewendowski could reveal more, and he was never a WH employee.

Nadler is more onboard to pursue impeachment now, but he also wants the testimonies to strengthen the evidence. The WH and Barr are using every tactic to stall, avoid, and try to run the clock out. Getting Trump"s tax returns should reveal much.

Frankly, the obstruction of the WH in refusing to cooperate with Congress needs to be a part of the case for impeachment. Congress needs to move against Barr and Mnuchin as well. They need to be stripped of those cabinet jobs.

by Anonymousreply 33August 8, 2019 8:39 PM

NRA Chief Wayne LaPierre's financial behavior.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 8, 2019 8:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 8, 2019 8:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 8, 2019 8:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 8, 2019 8:53 PM

Not that I don't love the posts at R35, R36, and R37, but there's an anti-Trump cartoons & memes thread available, too. These should go there as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 8, 2019 9:39 PM

This is bad: Sue Gordon, the deputy director of National Intelligence, is resigning. (or being forced out?). She's the person who was legally designated to take over from Dan Coates.

It's breaking on CNN now.

by Anonymousreply 39August 8, 2019 10:29 PM

Once again, it's the Trump administration "working around the laws".

by Anonymousreply 40August 8, 2019 10:30 PM

Another position for Trump to appoint a loyalist.

by Anonymousreply 41August 8, 2019 10:31 PM

She's too independent and too qualified to fill the position

by Anonymousreply 42August 8, 2019 10:31 PM

and this is why things need to hurry. The House needs all the info ASAP

While I trust Pelosi, the clock is running out and the House needs to act sooner rather than later. I really hope by October they're going to start impeachment process.

by Anonymousreply 43August 8, 2019 10:33 PM

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 8, 2019 10:38 PM

hopefully we don't get Ratcliffe or Nunes as "acting" DNI

by Anonymousreply 45August 8, 2019 10:41 PM

Trump is now going to manufacture anti-Dem intel.

Cheney taught Republicans how to fake intel.

Grrrl...we in trouble!

by Anonymousreply 46August 8, 2019 11:36 PM

Only the best people!

by Anonymousreply 47August 8, 2019 11:46 PM

Bloomberg:

Trump Picks Counterterrorism Chief as Interim Intel Head

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 9, 2019 12:53 AM

Everyone gets replaced with a Trump pod person.

by Anonymousreply 49August 9, 2019 1:25 AM

If you're really anxious to get the Impeachment ball rolling, start calling members of Congress and tell them you want them to get on board with Impeachment. Members of Congress are home right now. They need to hear from us. They'll be out a state fairs and parades and county picnics and all kinds of appearances. Make sure your Senators know what you want too. GUn safety and ballot Security and tell them you want them to remove McConnell.

by Anonymousreply 50August 9, 2019 1:35 AM

The impeachment ball is rolling. The language in the McGahn lawsuit compels testimony as it prevents the House from investigating the president based of the referral from the Mueller Report. Nadler specifically stated that an impeachment inquiry has begun and the testimony is needed for potential articles of impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 51August 9, 2019 1:40 AM

I feel like posting this again....

NYT: Was Trump’s El Paso Visit a Turning Point?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 9, 2019 2:05 AM

[quote] NYT: Was Trump’s El Paso Visit a Turning Point?

It always is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 9, 2019 4:50 AM

I never thought I'd live to see such a twisted evil creature as trump in white house. Completely devoid of humility, warmth, compassion, and truth. A lying, thieving sack of shit who is doing terrible harm to our country. Every day he remains in office is an affront to dignity, integrity, and reason. Why does he keep drawing breath when innocents die. He disgusts me.

by Anonymousreply 54August 9, 2019 4:56 AM

He is a clear and present danger.

by Anonymousreply 55August 9, 2019 5:39 AM

and almost half the country like him for that, r54. That is what is truly disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 56August 9, 2019 5:44 AM

R20, The Koch Brothers do not own Koch Foods. It is owned by a Chicago billionaire named Joseph Grendys, who worked there, then acquired shares in the business, and eventually bought out the man who started it, Fred Koch.

In any case, "punishment" of owners of businesses who use undocumented workers pales in comparison to the punishment the workers face.

by Anonymousreply 57August 9, 2019 7:23 AM

R54 and people wonder why more and more have become atheists over the years

this current era in US history is a perfect example of why religion is a joke

by Anonymousreply 58August 9, 2019 9:03 AM

Orangina is still a better crook then all the Dems put together. He's probably working on some type of 'exit deal' that would allow him and each of his grifter family members to get off scot free. You know....'just let us go about our expensive lifestyle and retain all our holdings as if this whole Presidency thing never happened and just call it even.'

I'm sorry, but I have very little faith in these Dems - all of them from Pelosi, Cummings, Sciff, etc. First of all, they were dim enough to think dingbat Meuller and co-clown Comey were going to ride on in like a knight in shining armor to save the day. Then, they were/are too stupid and inept to deal with Bill Barr who is doing things he's not supposed to do.. And they are still hog tied to say or do anything about Moscow Mitch. They accept their impotency and ineffectual position and are basically bargaining for justice.

And with all this going on, we've completely lost sight of Jeffrey Epstein. That guy is also going to weasel out of any accountability. If we, the people, the peons did any of this shit, we'd be gunned down in a hail of bullets. Just remember, these aholes work for us, the people.

P.s. I want Dump to reimburse the 100s of millions that tax payers shelled out to allow him and his evil spawn to jet set all around the world.

by Anonymousreply 59August 9, 2019 10:19 AM

[quote]Completely devoid of humility, warmth, compassion, and truth.

This was well-known before DJT was elected. It's a statement about the media and much of the electorate as well. And not a good one.

by Anonymousreply 60August 9, 2019 10:28 AM

I'm posting this article from last year on Trump threads because it is worth reading. "the cruelty is the point..." People like Trump and his MAGAts have always been with us. We have to crush them in 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 9, 2019 11:44 AM

NY Times: Nate Cohn

Don’t Assume Trump’s Approval Rating Can’t Climb Higher. It Already Has.

Millions of Americans who did not like the president in 2016 now say they do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 9, 2019 11:59 AM

I'm so fucking sick of Nate Cohn. He's trying to make up for the bullshit of 2016 by playing some game to make sure no one takes anything for granted. The problem. By saying someone is liked by more people, guess what, you put them in the position of being liked by more people. They are not asking the right questions. Is Trump and embarrassing piece of shit who should go back to being a criminal in New York? 80% say yes. See how that would work. They create the story by how they frame the question.

by Anonymousreply 63August 9, 2019 5:05 PM

Politico:

FBI releases Bruce Ohr interview reports

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 9, 2019 5:14 PM

Washington Post:

‘If you’re a good worker, papers don’t matter’: How a Trump construction crew has relied on immigrants without legal status

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 9, 2019 5:17 PM

Fucking hypocrisy is off the charts!!

by Anonymousreply 66August 9, 2019 5:37 PM

[quote]And they understand, we don't want insane people, mentally ill people, bad people, dangerous people, we don't want guns in the hands of the wrong people,” Trump said.

Well, that should be a third of the U. S. population.

It's a delay and diversion tactic, and the Republicans will resist any bans on assault weapons and the mega-magazines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 9, 2019 5:41 PM

[quote]And they understand, we don't want insane people, mentally ill people, bad people, dangerous people, we don't want guns in the hands of the wrong people,” Trump said.

Why does he trash-talk his base like that?

by Anonymousreply 68August 9, 2019 5:50 PM

Yeah, Hillary called them "deplorables" and they were all up in arms.

Now that he calls them "insane, mentally ill, bad, dangerous people", they applaud.

by Anonymousreply 69August 9, 2019 6:13 PM

Today is the first day of the validated Impeachment Investigation of Donald J. Trump.

Happy Impeachment day #1 Mr. Asshole.

Nixon was never impeached.

Once the evidence was revealed he resigned because he lost the Senate Republicans.

Stick to the road map, Jerry, stick to the road map.

by Anonymousreply 70August 9, 2019 6:49 PM

Thanks, R70 - was just posting this from Rep. Nadler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 9, 2019 6:50 PM

We're going to end up in a Constitutional crisis when they inevitably ignore the subpoenas.

by Anonymousreply 72August 9, 2019 7:25 PM

but see ultimately Nixon, as evil and corrupt as he was, had at least a tiny sense of shame. Trump has NONE. You can't shame him.

by Anonymousreply 73August 9, 2019 7:37 PM

R70, et al, the difference is that he will never, ever lose today's Senate Repugs. If Nixon had FauxNews, he would have served his full term.

by Anonymousreply 74August 9, 2019 8:05 PM

r72....Do you honestly believe that a Federal Judge will just let it pass if they ignore a court order ? They WILL be arrested.

by Anonymousreply 75August 9, 2019 8:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 9, 2019 9:03 PM

CNN:

White House proposal would have FCC and FTC police alleged social media censorship

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 9, 2019 9:33 PM

[quote][R72]....Do you honestly believe that a Federal Judge will just let it pass if they ignore a court order ? They WILL be arrested.

They haven't forced the Justice Department to enforce anything else. Why would this be different?

by Anonymousreply 78August 9, 2019 9:48 PM

Have the federal courts been involved yet, though? So far it's only been people being found in contempt of Congress, not contempt of court. I think there are different enforcement mechanisms that do not go through Barr. We have an independent judiciary (for now). I think they will go arrest McGahn and then disbar his ass if he ignores an order from a federal court. McGahn has no reason to take any hits for Trump. I wonder if he's just playing it this way so he can pretend he was forced to protect his conservative asshole credentials.

by Anonymousreply 79August 9, 2019 10:14 PM

If I might make an observation? I see comparisons to Watergate & Nixon from time to time, & it occurs to me: Nixon was a corrupt man. But he understood....& respected The Law, even as he engaged in breaking it. Even though he said silly shit like "If the President does it, it's not illegal." He knew he was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 80August 9, 2019 10:26 PM

Trump knows it, too. His "My presidency is over. I'm fucked." says it all. He knows exactly what he's doing, just like Nixon did. Nixon didn't have the Senate as his unquestioning enablers.

by Anonymousreply 81August 9, 2019 10:29 PM

Bone Spurs has Leningrad Lindsay and Moscow Mitch out front enabling him.

by Anonymousreply 82August 9, 2019 10:43 PM

[quote]"My presidency is over. I'm fucked."

And yet his presidency persists.

by Anonymousreply 83August 9, 2019 10:57 PM

Right-wing radio:. 'The mentally insane, video games, and yes, drag queens, are the cause of mass shootings. If more sane people carried firearms wherever they go, the shootings will cease. Guns are not the blame, and they don't shoot themselves.'

My goodness, we better watch out for ole drag performer, Luscious de A'mure, now 71, with the onset of dementia, and who still plays the video game 'Frogger' since the mid-80s.

by Anonymousreply 84August 9, 2019 11:24 PM

Nixon also didn't have anything like FAUX news presenting a totally alternative reality version of the truth.

by Anonymousreply 85August 10, 2019 12:11 AM

thanks for posting that r61 This is the most disgusting president and administration in US history. We see that every day, but sometimes we try to imagine otherwise. He is a complete asshole and never ever anything else.

by Anonymousreply 86August 10, 2019 12:35 AM

OMG Red M and web master are having a convo on a closed thread.

CREEPY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 10, 2019 1:03 AM

The Hill:

GOP chairwoman says Trump raised $12M in Hamptons 'thanks to the unhinged mob'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 10, 2019 2:13 AM

NYT:

Trump’s Trip to Dayton and El Paso: The Back Story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 10, 2019 2:25 AM

For some levity:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 10, 2019 3:36 AM

I want Barr to swing too. There was an article today (can’t remember where I read it) that said all of the domestic terror incidents were white nationalists (duh) and the DOJ buried the report.

I hate Flintstone Barr almost as much as I hate Dump and McConnell.

by Anonymousreply 91August 10, 2019 4:14 AM

I saw tonight on MSNBC that an alleged white supremacist in Las Vegas was fortunately arrested before he could do anything. Apparently he was planning to shoot up a gay club and a synagogue

by Anonymousreply 92August 10, 2019 4:22 AM

Nixon was different than Trump in that Nixon basically acted alone in his crimes. Trump and the GOP are intertwined. I believe that Russia donated millions of dollars to Super Pacs and the NRA in order to get Republicans elected. It's interesting that the NRA had an extra $30M available for republican campaigns in 2016 and today they are on the brink of bankruptcy. Could it be that the NRA's Russian money has suddenly dried up because of increased scrutiny? McConnell and the rest of them were sitting on large amounts of Russian money which they doled out to support other republicans.

by Anonymousreply 93August 10, 2019 4:25 AM

R91 I saw that too and I'm so glad it leaked out. When you consider that just a short time ago, the Director of the FBI, Christopher Wray testified before Congress and essentially said that the Extreme Right posed a major threat in terms of domestic terrorism, it makes me wonder. Barr is trying to suppress information and cover shit up, but the Department of Justice isn't having it. I find it interesting that Dan Coats and his Deputy both were forced out, recently and there's been a sharp increase in so called random extremist incidents, hate crimes, etc. I suspect things are going to get real ugly, and Trump will assume more power, and Congress less. We will all feel threatened and unsafe. It is appalling to me how many people a re talking about how disgusting it is to see mixed race couples and people who are of mixed race ancestry. I expect the Trump gang is trying hard to provoke some kind of conflict. I'm talking about violence. Now why would hedo that? Gee. Three guesses and the first two don't count.

by Anonymousreply 94August 10, 2019 4:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 10, 2019 1:02 PM

Well that’s it. Trump has effectively silenced Epstein. He was found dead in his cell.

by Anonymousreply 96August 10, 2019 1:18 PM

I don't care about Epstein, he's not an innocent victim like all the others, but still, he's another person dead. Just add him to the rest of the blood that Trump has on his tiny hands. Timing is everything and Trump knows when to take a vacation.

by Anonymousreply 97August 10, 2019 1:31 PM

There's a big missing piece with this Epstein story here.

by Anonymousreply 98August 10, 2019 1:40 PM

[quote]I don't care about Epstein, he's not an innocent victim like all the others

No one with a brain gives a shit about Epstein dying, it’s about all the information that died with him.

by Anonymousreply 99August 10, 2019 1:53 PM

And it was not a suicide

by Anonymousreply 100August 10, 2019 4:10 PM

The real question is, with Epstein's death, will the girl who accused Trump of rape be more likely to come forward again or not?

by Anonymousreply 101August 10, 2019 5:47 PM

Bill Barr probably ordered the killing himself. The MCC, where Epstein was being held, is under DoJ control.

by Anonymousreply 102August 10, 2019 7:34 PM

I have determined it was suicide. This case is closed.

by Anonymousreply 103August 10, 2019 8:29 PM

Barr has turned the Justice Dept., including much of the investigative bureau, into a partisan Trump cult, staffed with less qualified types. Barr has undermined every federal investigation that involves Trump, his family, and other loyal and/or complicit cohorts.

One wonders if dark money, ideology, Puty blackmail, thirst for power, et. al, may be at work with this unparalleled set up. They defy Congress taking a look at any of it.

by Anonymousreply 104August 10, 2019 8:35 PM

r104 So imagine 4 more years of Pres Bone Spurs doing this to every agency. Our entire system will be rotted and corrupt likely beyond repair for decades.

by Anonymousreply 105August 10, 2019 8:52 PM

Unfortunately, I think R103 nails it.

by Anonymousreply 106August 10, 2019 8:57 PM

I have determined that Mr. Epstein is in a permanent vegetative state. He will not be able to respond to any subpoenas.

by Anonymousreply 107August 10, 2019 9:23 PM

I have determined that our current WH resident will win the next election. There is no need to spend the money to have another one in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 108August 10, 2019 9:37 PM

I thought Epstein was under suicide watch. That means an empty cell and no clothes. He was killed.

by Anonymousreply 109August 10, 2019 9:59 PM

White House Staffer Seeking Threesomes, According to Data Leak:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 10, 2019 10:25 PM

I really like the Dayton mayor. She is no nonsense and her comments and their deliver are perfect.

Dems have always put country above party. Even when taking special interest money, like NRA, in 1994 they voted for the 1994 Assault Weapons ban which led to many of them being slaughtered in the mid-terms. They knew it, like Rep. Jack Brooks, who represented SE Texas. My dad would tell me about how Rep. Brooks knew his vote would likely end his congressional career yet he voted for it anyway because it was the right thing to do.

Same happened with Civil Rights in the 60's. LBJ knew that was it for the Dems in the South. Those Southern, largely conservative, Dems didn't peal away overnight. The conservative ones, because they have cult-like minds, took awhile to stop voting Dem. Conservatives seem to be prone to cult-like thinking.

by Anonymousreply 111August 10, 2019 11:00 PM

Peal away, FCI? You just broke my heart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 11, 2019 12:25 AM

r112 LMAO. That is what I get for multi-tasking! I guess I can't unring that bell. :)

by Anonymousreply 113August 11, 2019 6:13 AM

Trump needs to be primaried. Not by Weld, but by someone of significance.

by Anonymousreply 114August 11, 2019 9:24 AM

Trump slammed Anthony Scaramucci after the Mooch's Bill Maher appearance. The Mooch tweeted this morning:

For the last 3 years I have fully supported this President. Recently he has said things that divide the country in a way that is unacceptable. So I didn’t pass the 100% litmus test. Eventually he turns on everyone and soon it will be you and then the entire country.

(Umm, the latter has already happened, Anthony.)

by Anonymousreply 115August 11, 2019 2:30 PM

"For the last 3 years I have fully supported this President."

by Anonymousreply 116August 11, 2019 3:24 PM

The irony is Scaramucci was really kind to Trump in his remarks, he kept repeating that Trump had the hardest job in the world.

by Anonymousreply 117August 11, 2019 3:25 PM

Unlike his 44 predecessors.

by Anonymousreply 118August 11, 2019 3:28 PM

USA Today: Democrats blast Donald Trump over Epstein/Clinton conspiracy theory

Appearing on Fox News Sunday, Kellyanne Conway explained Trump's re-tweet by saying he "just wants everything to be investigated."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 11, 2019 4:13 PM

R119, they’re projecting again.

by Anonymousreply 120August 11, 2019 4:35 PM

[quote]Appearing on Fox News Sunday, Kellyanne Conway explained Trump's re-tweet by saying he "just wants everything to be investigated."

Isn't she a tiny bit afraid that there's a Hell?

by Anonymousreply 121August 11, 2019 4:44 PM

Obviously not, r121.

by Anonymousreply 122August 11, 2019 4:59 PM

[quote]The irony is Scaramucci was really kind to Trump in his remarks, he kept repeating that Trump had the hardest job in the world.

To which Maher panelist Tom Nichols replied: "Not the way he does it."

by Anonymousreply 123August 11, 2019 5:28 PM

Republican politicians, project, deflect, and blatantly misplace blame.

They are back, rather renewing, attacks on gay marriage, transgenders, and now, crossdressers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 11, 2019 5:56 PM

It didn’t really seriously occur to me that Trump might have murdered Epstein until he retweeted the Clinton conspiracy.

If Trump accuses the Clintons of something, that means he’s guilty of it himself.

by Anonymousreply 125August 11, 2019 7:30 PM

Yes, he always projects so he knows he killed Epstein. And we aren't sounding like CTs because when he projects, he is always guilty of doing that which he projects.

They're coming for the gays, next. I think gay marriage becoming legal secretly motivated the 2016 turnout. Gay rights are on the line with the new SC makeup. They haven't gotten there yet but they will. Watch violence against gays to skyrocket in response.

by Anonymousreply 126August 11, 2019 8:15 PM

I wish someone would do a cartoon, a la Kathy Griffin, of Trump holding up the bloody head of Epstein, and saying that "The Clintons did it".

by Anonymousreply 127August 11, 2019 8:26 PM

Chasten, Miss Coco Peru, Caitlyn Jenner, etc. These represent the type of people Republicans want to project onto for their irresponsible rhetoric and failures? Heck, Caitlyn is a Republican and is directly connected to the Kardashians and their reality shows which Trump so adores. Trump"s biggest two enablers in the Senate are allegedly closeted gay men. Hypocrites are the worst. And Kevin McCarthy talking about video games rather than REAL AK-47s is shameful?

Scapegoating LGBT to detract from right-wing inspired violence is damn low. The media is largely ignoring the gross projection, other than Fox who helps perpetuate the GOP talking points on this.

by Anonymousreply 128August 11, 2019 8:52 PM

That would be awesome R127!!

by Anonymousreply 129August 11, 2019 8:55 PM

Getting to Moscow Mitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 11, 2019 11:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 12, 2019 1:37 AM

so let's see Trump and his Fox "news" allies just spent a whole week saying they're not racist and didn't have anything to do with inciting the El Paso mass shooting as well as being uneasy about possible gun law reform following the Dayton shooting. Now they're trying to cast doubt on the innocence of the Clintons in Epstein's death.despite the fact that Trump's executive branch has control over federal prisons.

I think we'll get some Russia news & updates this week hopefully

by Anonymousreply 132August 12, 2019 2:29 AM

R131 That's a joke, right? (please forgive me if it's obvious).

by Anonymousreply 133August 12, 2019 2:45 AM

It's a parody Twitter account, R133.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 12, 2019 2:57 AM

R134 So hard to tell. There's no such thing as satire anymore. What is it they say? Irony is dead.

by Anonymousreply 135August 12, 2019 3:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136August 12, 2019 9:45 AM

Scaramucci is saying that Trump may have to be replaced in 2020. Not a chance in hell of it happening, but I'm appreciative of his comments that "We are now in the early episodes of 'Chernobyl' on HBO, where the reactor is melting down....." I particularly love how he says it's an unspeakable thing... as he speaks of it. "The minute they start speaking of it, it will circulate and be socialized."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 12, 2019 10:13 AM

Trump was losing white women suburban voters because of his racism. I can only imagine how that support has cratered since the Walmart shooting. This weekend on the Sunday shows, you could see Team Trump's Hail Mary play. The only chance in hell that he has of winning back that voting base is to push through gun control legislation, thus the Hail Mary.

Kellyanne was talking about Trump being the first president to push through gun control reform. On ABC, Chris Christie was more blatant in his talking points. The NRA is at its weakest point ever, while Trump has a 95% approval rating among Republicans, which means he can push through universal background check/red flag legislation. Christie's question was, would Democrats give the President a win, or would they play politics and not accept what they could get? The ABC panel pushed back, pointing out that Trump was untrustworthy and could change his mind, but Christie was firm that Trump was ready to sign. All of this is predicated on the idea that Trump's support is firm enough with the base to corral wayward Republicans.

Then along comes Scaramucci, suggesting that the Republican donors are ready to look for another candidate. If this changes the conversation to a discussion about how weak and fragile Trump is as a candidate, Trump loses his edge over Congressional Republicans, which could potentially fuck up his entire Hail Mary play. Which both screws up chances of getting gun legislation passed, at the same time it pretty much guarantees that Trump will lose the election. It's quite the Gordion knot.

by Anonymousreply 138August 12, 2019 11:19 AM

Republicans should seize on this moment and all start speaking out. They fear him, but there us safety in numbers. Trump can’t individually bully all of them and will look more unhinged if he tries.

by Anonymousreply 139August 12, 2019 11:30 AM

That photo of Trump grinning next to an infant he basically orphaned is the most ghoulish thing I think I've ever seen,

by Anonymousreply 140August 12, 2019 12:20 PM

I agree, R140! Beyond inappropriate, but not surprising either.

by Anonymousreply 141August 12, 2019 1:51 PM

That article is truth and absolutely heartbreaking, r136.

"To Donald Trump, this baby is little more than a hunting trophy in his own brutal race war (which explains his triumphant thumbs up)."

by Anonymousreply 142August 12, 2019 2:06 PM

Oh, the things stuffed under the hoop skirt of #MassacreMitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143August 12, 2019 2:12 PM

r137...speaking of Chernobyl...Russia is now saying the explosion a few days ago was a nuclear reactor that exploded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 12, 2019 4:24 PM

Washington Post:

The Scaramucci effect: Trump’s unconventional hires have come back to bite him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 12, 2019 4:28 PM

Washington Post:

The brand label that stokes Trump’s fury: ‘Racist, racist, racist.’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146August 12, 2019 4:31 PM

Reuters:

Trump administration overhauls U.S. wildlife protections over objections of conservationists

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147August 12, 2019 4:49 PM

Washington Post:

The dangerous cycle that keeps conspiracy theories in the news — and Trump’s tweets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 12, 2019 5:08 PM

Yet unproven fact: (as far as I'm concerned)....The Russians were successful in hacking the 2016 election tallies. Trump did not win the electoral college. Hillary Clinton did. It wasn't even close. Trump may not have realized it then, but he knows it now and had for quite some time.

Going on this hypothesis, he knows if he "wins" in 2020, it will be for the same reason. Therefore, he can do whatever the fuck he wants because it won't matter. The fix is in: no matter how many people he offends, or racist comments, or laws he breaks. If Putin's plan DOES NOT work this time - and he loses the election - he still "wins" because he still has his 33% vile deplorables supporting him. They will revolt, cause lots of chaos, and follow him to his new business venture, Trump TV (which was the original plan back in 2016). Or to Fox News, or whatever venture is being created in secret as I write this.

I might be nuts, but I firmly believe this is close to the scenario that is currently taking place. Trump, (with helo), knows what he's doing. It is all premeditated.

Am I crazy?

by Anonymousreply 149August 12, 2019 5:19 PM

R149 again. I just want to add that I don't necessarily think this is Trump's plan, in that he devised it himself. He's not smart enough. It's somebody else's plan for him, and he's following their instructions. (Stephen Miller? Bannon? a Koch brother?). His tweeting of the Clinton-killed-Epstein conspiracy is deliberate and somebody else's idea. ("Mr. Trump. Tweet this. Just trust me.")

by Anonymousreply 150August 12, 2019 5:24 PM

P.S. Sorry for the typos.

by Anonymousreply 151August 12, 2019 5:24 PM

[quote]Am I crazy?

Not sure what this has to do with the rest of your post r149, but I'm gonna go with "Yes".

by Anonymousreply 152August 12, 2019 6:23 PM

Trump knows he is going to jail if he loses the election. He also knows that Russia tampered with election results so he would win in 2016. And he's fine with this happening again (and so are Mitch, Lindsey, Barr, etc.) so he won't have to face criminal charges and he can pardon anyone who can incriminate him.

by Anonymousreply 153August 12, 2019 6:30 PM

I look ahead to the day when trump falls ill with a long painful illness, his family abandons him, and he dies alone and miserable. No one will mourn him, not the First Whore, not Ivanky, and not even a pet. Those who only know hate are not loved.

The cooks will be a little sad because they'll no longer be able to mix gross little bits of mucus and dead things into his food.

by Anonymousreply 154August 12, 2019 7:55 PM

I hope Hillary is front and center at Trumps funeral.

by Anonymousreply 155August 12, 2019 7:58 PM

Yeah, grinning and giving thumbs up.

by Anonymousreply 156August 12, 2019 8:02 PM

If he is Impeached or resigns I hope they give him a Nixon type of farewell.

by Anonymousreply 157August 12, 2019 8:18 PM

[quote]If he is Impeached or resigns I hope they give him a Nixon type of farewell.

I prefer a Mussolini farewell.

by Anonymousreply 158August 12, 2019 10:07 PM

Melania, you might want to wear a pantsuit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159August 12, 2019 10:32 PM

R155, I have never been more ready for someone to die. It will be such a relief when he is gone from this earth.

by Anonymousreply 160August 12, 2019 10:33 PM

Thanks for mentioning that he didn't die alone, R159. I didn't think I could hate that whore more after the jacket at the border, but the baby picture did it. I'm officially a hater. Lock me up, send me back, but don't Epstein me.

by Anonymousreply 161August 12, 2019 10:39 PM

Newsweek:

Ann Coulter Suggests Donald Trump Should Be Charged for Employing Undocumented Migrant Workers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 12, 2019 10:51 PM

Jesus she is hideous ^^

by Anonymousreply 163August 12, 2019 10:54 PM

Speaking of hideous.....

Politico:

How Kellyanne Conway saved her White House job

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164August 12, 2019 10:54 PM

Washington Post:

How a recession could doom Trump’s 2020 reelection

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165August 12, 2019 11:02 PM

Politico:

Mueller ties on display at jury selection for Greg Craig trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 12, 2019 11:09 PM

Insider:

White evangelicals are calling out Trump for his use of profanity

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167August 12, 2019 11:14 PM

Business Insider:

21 outlandish conspiracy theories Donald Trump has floated over the years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168August 12, 2019 11:25 PM

R93. Gently, Nixon didn’t act alone. He engage in a conspiracy with the Attorney General, former FBI agents and his re-election campaign as well as White House aids to commit multiple felonies.

We may have the same ground game going right now with a broken, corrupt President with an enabler AG who’s now in deep shit over the death of a high profile prisoner in a facility directly under his control who is widely believed to have had evidence against Trump. He’s conveniently dead and Barr’s now in deep shit.

Who’d be surprised? Trump been advised for years by one of Nixon’s advisers, Roger Stone. They’ve quoted gangsters and movie gangsters to each other as “advice” in how to “handle” Congress, ranging from lie to bury evidence.

Tell me, who would be surprised if the Trump cabal killed a key witness behind bars? Who will be surprised if all Barr comes up with is a bunch of huff and puff “mistakes were made” nonsense with nobody’s name attached to the death of a prisoner and quietly attempts to sweep it all under the rug.

by Anonymousreply 169August 12, 2019 11:33 PM

r157, I should have been more specific.

Nixon's body never made it to DC for a rotunda lying in state. He was simply buried at his library. Not even as nice as McCain's funeral.

Trump should be cremated and his ashes flushed at the National Archives.

by Anonymousreply 170August 12, 2019 11:41 PM

[quote]Melania, you might want to wear a pantsuit.

If there is one thing I am sure of, it is that Melania will NOT want to wear a pantsuit when she is hung upside down from a lamp post.

by Anonymousreply 171August 12, 2019 11:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172August 13, 2019 1:08 AM

From my friends- the GOP is getting so much shit from Pres Bone Spurs' latest round of racism/agitation. Businesses are irate. My friends say rumors are at a pace they have never seen. Some of my friends have been in the game for decades if that tells you anything.

One rumor my friends believe may actually happen- the GOP "lets" the House hold impeachment hearings. They will, of course, uncover so much damning material they will impeach. The Senate will shock vote to convict and remove at just 67 votes. Or it will be close (not a party line vote). The rumor is the GOP feels they will lose anyway but can keep the Senate for sure if he is gone. They feel the Dems will drift too far left with whoever wins and they will take things back in 2024 knowing Thomas will stay on the SC until then. The reason my friend feels this might happen as opposed to the other rumors is the source- a GOP Senate staffer she knows.

On the other hand, the GOP is in such disarray, except for their ever so reliable talking points/propaganda, who knows if there is any good options for them except to stay with the person who can "turn out the Klan."

by Anonymousreply 173August 13, 2019 3:01 AM

R173. We don’t have enough Democrats who support impeachment hearings yet, let alone support from Republicans to hold an actual vote.

But, let’s say the impossible happens: there are actual Epstein tapes and *he’s* on them. Maybe it’ll change.

by Anonymousreply 174August 13, 2019 3:04 AM

Did anyone catch SE Cupp's show on CNN Saturday? She went off on the GOP over guns. She was very emotional and admitted she used the same anti-gun control language in the past as the NRA which she said she was no longer a member. She said she still believed in the 2nd amendment but really went in on the GOP over their refusal to look at everything from background checks to red flag laws to a ban an assault weapons which SE seems to now be in favor of. She said the right will accuse of being emotional and not looking at this from a rational POV but she said we need to be emotional. She said every time the Dems offer sensible gun laws the GOP retreats to their stock talking points.

It isn't just liberals now. Fuck the gun lobby and their gun fetish.

by Anonymousreply 175August 13, 2019 3:14 AM

[quote]Trump was losing white women suburban voters because of his racism.

How sad is it that he isn't losing white suburban men? WTF is wrong with them?

by Anonymousreply 176August 13, 2019 7:08 AM

I have the same feeling that the Republicans expect to lose in 2020 and everyone is just looking ahead for 2024.

Hypothetically, if Trump was impeached and out of office by December, the Republican party can recover. Pence would be the presumptive nominee, but would probably face a challenge by a moderate like Christie or Kasich and possibly another Libertarian like Paul. No Republican is going to try to damage the front-runner, so everyone will have kissed and made up by the convention. Pence won't inspire Trump voters, but they'll want revenge for Trump's ouster, so they may show up at the polls again.... unless they blame Republicans, in which case, they'll sit out the election as punishment.

by Anonymousreply 177August 13, 2019 8:55 AM

Concord Management.

by Anonymousreply 178August 13, 2019 9:56 AM

R174 we are already having Impeachment hearings...see Nadler thread.

by Anonymousreply 179August 13, 2019 11:15 AM

Politico:

Republicans embrace Don Jr.’s ‘trolling’ on the campaign trail

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 13, 2019 1:33 PM

Washington Post:

‘Everything that we hold dear’: From race to plastic straws, Trump dials up culture wars in divisive play for 2020 votes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 13, 2019 1:36 PM

pee pee on the back? ewww!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 13, 2019 1:56 PM

[QUOTE] The cooks will be a little sad because they'll no longer be able to mix gross little bits of mucus and dead things into his food.

I haven’t really wanted to reveal this because I actively dislike it, but I’m going to. I occasionally fuck a White House chef (very thick BBC) and he told me that Trump is really nice to the kitchen staff. He also worked under Obama and he told me that Trump was nicer to them than Obama was. This I find hard to believe (perhaps he’s been culted to repeat this), but I had to share it.

He’s probably deathly afraid of someone cumming or shitting in his food so he is extra “nice” to those who prepare it there.

by Anonymousreply 183August 13, 2019 2:02 PM

r183 if trump is nice to someone it is because he is manipulating them and you're right, He knows if he isn't nice to them they could/would do something horrid to his food. in the 60's I had friends that worked in sandwich shops NY) and won't even tell you what they did to the sandwiches that the cops ordered. Trump knows.

by Anonymousreply 184August 13, 2019 3:44 PM

Forcing who to defend what? He fucked over animals with suspending the ESA without giving anyone a chance to speak or defend the defenseless.

He came for the vulnerable first. Bullies do this and if no one stops him, he'll keep going.

by Anonymousreply 185August 13, 2019 3:49 PM

Off camera, Trump is known to be very congenial, even charming, and quite cordial, one on one or with a small group. He'll even do it with his political and business adversaries.

With Trump, everything is situational in his demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 186August 13, 2019 3:58 PM

Trump has charisma so I think it can sometimes be hard for some to see him in a bad light. People usually love him in a one on one.

by Anonymousreply 187August 13, 2019 4:08 PM

Washington Post:

Trump shares controversial video recasting his Charlottesville comments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188August 13, 2019 4:21 PM

Look at his skin.

He looks diseased!

by Anonymousreply 189August 13, 2019 5:19 PM

He’s disgusting looking!

by Anonymousreply 190August 13, 2019 5:26 PM

Stacker:

Highest-paid employees in the White House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 13, 2019 6:28 PM

I’ve shared this before: Prior to the election, the well-connected (fraction of 1 percent) in New York society viewed Trump as a charming, funny, uncouth, buffoon. .

by Anonymousreply 192August 13, 2019 9:38 PM

Sociopaths are often very charming and actually nice. They reveal themselves when opportunity presents itself.

by Anonymousreply 193August 13, 2019 10:22 PM

Politico:

Eliot Engel warns foreign officials: Stop spending money at Trump properties

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194August 13, 2019 10:24 PM

R193 has pegged it. Remember Jeffrey Dahmer? Incredibly charming man till he killed his dates.

by Anonymousreply 195August 13, 2019 10:26 PM

Moscow Mitch out campaigning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196August 13, 2019 10:29 PM

Politico:

Trump was supposed to give a speech on energy. He went way off-script.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197August 13, 2019 10:30 PM

[quote]Look at his skin. He looks diseased.

Oh my God! He is so hot I can't help touching myself! I have a big O each time he's saying something outrageous. i have never been so multi-orgasmic in my whole life. OOOOOOOOH!

by Anonymousreply 198August 13, 2019 10:39 PM

The Hill:

Trump rips emolument lawsuits: Being president 'costing me a fortune'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199August 13, 2019 10:51 PM

Bloomberg:

Trump defends sharing Clinton-Epstein conspiracy theory

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200August 13, 2019 10:54 PM

"Trump as a charming, funny, uncouth, buffoon."

Mmm no. Never heard of him as charming or funny.

by Anonymousreply 201August 13, 2019 10:56 PM

I do believe both Mitch and Trump should be in prison for criminal offencesses. Trump is a traitor and it seems like O' Connell is also.

by Anonymousreply 202August 13, 2019 11:02 PM

Barr is just evil through and through, Lindsay is being blackmailed.

by Anonymousreply 203August 13, 2019 11:05 PM

NYT:

How a Trump Ally Tested the Boundaries of Washington’s Influence Game

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204August 13, 2019 11:08 PM

Trump is a disgusting, racist scumbag.. How is that charming? In my whole life, I always felt like he was dirt and nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 205August 13, 2019 11:10 PM

Looks like a lot of normalizing Trump in this thread.

"Oh, he's been said to be so charming! Lovable, even!"

by Anonymousreply 206August 13, 2019 11:24 PM

r205 And such a liar. I remember him saying on every channel how his Apprentice show was #1 when it wasn't even top 30. He would say how huge the ratings were and they were the best ever. No one challenged him on the facts.

This is a stupid comparison but it is like when Mariah or some other female singer goes on talk shows and they call her the Biggest selling female of all time (her people make them say this) when a basic fact check reveals it is Madonna by far.

If he was called out on his blatant, though harmless, lies earlier we might not be where we are.

by Anonymousreply 207August 13, 2019 11:45 PM

Trump is projecting big time with this whole Clinton conspiracy business. It could not be more obvious.

by Anonymousreply 208August 14, 2019 12:06 AM

[quote]Mariah . . . the Biggest selling female of all time

What a whore.

by Anonymousreply 209August 14, 2019 12:21 AM

He deflects. It's a common tactic in politics. He's been doing this for so long. I think he's playing his old game of calling reporters and pretending to be a "high level source in the administration" as well so he can dish it out on his own people. He has no sense of loyalty, but manages everything like it's a family business and uses chaos and fear. It's dystopian, complete amateur hour. It's a New Jersey Diner run by somebody's drunk uncle who makes up stories and gets defensive when you call him on it. Nobody wants to fight with him, so everybody just smiles and nods and the show goes on.

by Anonymousreply 210August 14, 2019 12:26 AM

Kushner went around the world selling protection, why is he getting away with that? Can no one stop these criminals?

by Anonymousreply 211August 14, 2019 12:43 AM

Kushner went around the world selling protection, why is he getting away with that? Can no one stop these criminals?

by Anonymousreply 212August 14, 2019 12:43 AM

Barr certainly ordered the killing, it is obvious.

by Anonymousreply 213August 14, 2019 12:45 AM

Barr does an amazingly good Lindsey Gramm impersonation. All that flapping about, looking huffy and offended.

Oh, wait. That's Beverly Leslie he's impersonating. It'd be funny if this weren't an overthrow of the Constitution in progress.

Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 214August 14, 2019 12:52 AM

[quote]Kushner went around the world selling protection, why is he getting away with that? Can no one stop these criminals?

Kushner and Ivanka's influence peddling could easily be one of the 14 unsealed pending SDNY cases that pop up in the Mueller report.

by Anonymousreply 215August 14, 2019 1:40 AM

I posted this in an Epstein thread, and I'm going to post it here.

One day after the FBI raided Epstein's 70 acre private estate in the Virgin Islands, President Trump said Tuesday he wants a full investigation, which he said included questions about former President Bill Clinton.

"You have to ask, did Bill Clinton go to the island? That's the question. If you find that out, you're gonna know a lot," the president said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216August 14, 2019 2:07 AM

More projection ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217August 14, 2019 3:16 AM

R216, I wonder what Barr had them plant on the island. Watch all the videotapes currently in Barr's possession of Repugs fucking 12 year old girls disappear and a blue dress with a cum stain show up under a spotlight in the middle of some underground marble cave with a secret entrance that they just stumbled on by accident.

by Anonymousreply 218August 14, 2019 4:11 AM

[quote]and a blue dress with a cum stain show up under a spotlight

Nawh, stop it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219August 14, 2019 9:59 AM

But one has to admit, Trump has a top notch think tank.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220August 14, 2019 10:07 AM

I think it's ironic that Epstein was not killed for Trump but they will let him have the blame. Why does Trump want the Clinton's investigated? Was there a murder? I thought he committed suicide.

by Anonymousreply 221August 14, 2019 10:48 AM

Former National Enquirer editor Barry Levine has authored a book that will be released this October: “All the President’s Women: Donald Trump and the Making of a Predator."

It's described as “an extensive new look at Donald Trump’s relationships with women, revealing new accusations of sexual misconduct [and] exploring the roots of his alleged predatory behavior.” It’s said to be based on “groundbreaking original reporting.”

by Anonymousreply 222August 14, 2019 12:19 PM

Amazing R216, that he's carrying on about how he's losing money because he's President to a bunch of factory workers who are living paycheck to paycheck. AND those people are still cheering him for his "sacrifice". It's unbelievable how brain dead his supporters are and how cruel Trump is. Meanwhile while Trump claims he's losing "billions", he just made a huge deal for a Trump Tower in Indonesia .

by Anonymousreply 223August 14, 2019 1:41 PM

R219, Mother looks like Gomer Pyle in a dress.

by Anonymousreply 224August 14, 2019 1:42 PM

Gomer's boobs were perkier.

by Anonymousreply 225August 14, 2019 1:46 PM

Speaking of blue dresses; it looks like Linda Tripp had much plastic surgery done.

From Feb., '18

Quite lovely.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226August 14, 2019 3:23 PM

I see she went for the look of perpetual surprise.

by Anonymousreply 227August 14, 2019 3:24 PM

That new mega-boxed jaw hides her dainty neck.

by Anonymousreply 228August 14, 2019 3:28 PM

The Hill:

Trump: Voter ID must play 'very strong part' in deal on election security

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229August 14, 2019 4:51 PM

He talks like such an asshole. He has the vocab of a 3rd grader.

by Anonymousreply 230August 14, 2019 5:00 PM

Hey fuckface at r230: Consider your kneecaps crushed.

by Anonymousreply 231August 14, 2019 5:21 PM

New South Carolina Democratic Primary Poll.

Biden remains at top by double digits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232August 14, 2019 6:15 PM

Trump now supports people being fired for being LGBT, for firing women who get pregnant out of wedlock, etc. This is beyond ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233August 14, 2019 6:19 PM

Pelosi refers to McConnell as Moscow Mitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234August 14, 2019 7:10 PM

Iowa Congressman, Republican Steve King, says some outrageous.....again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235August 14, 2019 7:16 PM

I know that Steve King fits right in with Trump's mentality, but when are the people of Iowa going to throw him out on his ass?

by Anonymousreply 236August 14, 2019 7:34 PM

King was speaking in Urbandale, Iowa, where he defended anti-abortion legislation he sponsored in Congress that did not have exceptions for rape or incest.

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" King told the crowd at the Westside Conservative Club. “Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."

by Anonymousreply 237August 14, 2019 7:40 PM

King represents a pretty conservative part of Northwest Iowa which includes many small rural communities with Sioux City being the largest city.

by Anonymousreply 238August 14, 2019 7:43 PM

R238 Yeah, but he still only got elected in the 2018 general election 50.3% to 47% (with the other 2.7% going to third party candidates).

by Anonymousreply 239August 14, 2019 7:49 PM

Kochland

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240August 14, 2019 7:49 PM

And as for impeachment count, we are now at 122:

Democrats: 121

Republicans: 0

Indepdendents: 1

Total: 122

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 14, 2019 7:51 PM

R234, I love it! And Rachel interviewed Stacy Abrams last night and Stacy referred to him as Moscow Mitch, too.

by Anonymousreply 242August 14, 2019 7:51 PM

[quote] I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."

Another reason to keep abortion legal. Someone somewhere may abort the next Steve King.

by Anonymousreply 243August 14, 2019 7:58 PM

AP:

Planned Parenthood sets exit from family planning program

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244August 14, 2019 11:48 PM

R244, I wish they wouldn't leave. I wish they would just outright tell the government to go fuck themselves and do exactly what they've been doing all along. Put the burden on the government to come after them in public for providing health care to poor women.

by Anonymousreply 245August 15, 2019 12:29 AM

So they are coming for the gays already. I thought they'd wait a bit longer.

I hope all you GOP voting gay assholes are happy. They won't discriminate because you are a dumbass "conservative".

by Anonymousreply 246August 15, 2019 12:44 AM

We need to decorate all the Planned Parenthood buildings with the Handmaid Tale's white hat.

by Anonymousreply 247August 15, 2019 12:47 AM

'Mother' is keeping beehives. Glad she does.

But Sonny Perdue, AG Secretary, approved insecticides that were previously banned. This will kill millions of bees.

The Trump administration are such hypocrites and environmental destructionists in behalf of special interests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248August 15, 2019 1:03 AM

Why are Republicans so bad at economics? Why?

They fuck the economy up every fucking time.

by Anonymousreply 249August 15, 2019 2:16 AM

r249...GREED

by Anonymousreply 250August 15, 2019 2:28 AM

r250 If they were greedy you'd think they wouldn't vote GOP due to it being a certain losing bet overall. It never works out. They are stunningly bad at running the economy.

by Anonymousreply 251August 15, 2019 2:58 AM

R248 They don't care about bees. Convince them it shrinks their penis.

That's the only thing that will interest them. a SMALLER penis.

by Anonymousreply 252August 15, 2019 3:04 AM

R251, it works out for the rich.

by Anonymousreply 253August 15, 2019 3:34 AM

R253, but you have to wonder if that’s true only in the very short run. Surely a great economy would make the rich MUCH richer.

by Anonymousreply 254August 15, 2019 3:54 AM

R254 And it has been proven when the Dems are in charge everyone does better, every income bracket does better, even the top 1%, than they do when the GOP is in charge. It is just absolute stupidity to vote GOP.

by Anonymousreply 255August 15, 2019 4:07 AM

Huckabee & Santorum in Russia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256August 15, 2019 10:08 AM

Greed is not good for any country. Repugs are greedy and selfish. It is not good for the economy.

by Anonymousreply 257August 15, 2019 10:56 AM

That cruise at r256! Jesus Christ, it’s like they’re trolling us.

Do your worst, do it right out in the open and people will just assume it’s okay; There’s your Trump Doctrine, right there.

by Anonymousreply 258August 15, 2019 12:20 PM

According to the Florida Bar, there was "no probable cause" that Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz violated rules in tweets directed at Michael Cohen.

The "dude-dater" escaped being reprimanded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259August 15, 2019 1:43 PM

AP: Israel considers banning entry to outspoken US congresswomen

While Israeli officials weighed the issue, President Donald Trump tweeted that "it would show great weakness" if Israel allowed them to visit. "They hate Israel & all Jewish people, & there is nothing that can be said or done to change their minds," the president wrote Thursday, calling the two congresswomen "a disgrace."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260August 15, 2019 3:32 PM

You just know that tons of Baby Boomers have stock in this. This could severely disrupt the economy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261August 15, 2019 6:05 PM

with all that's going on there haven't been big Trump/Rusher updates this week

I'm glad Moscow Mitch is still a thing and going stronger but Trump needs to receive that criticism again too.

by Anonymousreply 262August 15, 2019 7:15 PM

Moscow Mitch and Shanghai Chao refuse to retire from government. Taxpayers can't any longer afford the money drains they have been sucking on for decades.

by Anonymousreply 263August 15, 2019 7:52 PM

R262 It is all interrelated, whether they are enablers, co-culprits, and/or profiteers from the saga.

by Anonymousreply 264August 15, 2019 8:00 PM

Impeachment count is up to 124 total representatives in support, or 28.5% of the House.

Democrats: 123

Independents: 1

Total: 124

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265August 15, 2019 9:15 PM

CNN:

White House officials look into possibility of executive privilege for Lewandowski

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266August 15, 2019 9:35 PM

There is something called "party discipline": the moment Pelosi says "hunting season is open", all the other Dems, minus a couple maybe, will join rank to start impeachment inquiries.

by Anonymousreply 267August 15, 2019 9:37 PM

R266. That’ll be amusing. The concept of privilege for work on the campaign is non existent. Trump is counting on his pussyboy AG and ladyboys on the Supreme Court to roll over and present hole.

by Anonymousreply 268August 15, 2019 9:43 PM

r265 reminds me of the hourly running count on Jill Stein's recount fundraising. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 269August 15, 2019 9:55 PM

I hope so r267

by Anonymousreply 270August 15, 2019 9:57 PM

how is there ANY executive privilege when Lewandowski didn't work in the administration? It doesn't matter if he still spoke to Trump after the administration began. He had no official role. Unofficial roles don't count and anything during the campaign sure as hell doesn't count

by Anonymousreply 271August 15, 2019 10:08 PM

Cory baby gives it to you rough. I likey.

by Anonymousreply 272August 15, 2019 10:44 PM

By DL demand, Miz Lindz update:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273August 15, 2019 10:50 PM

What is with Don McGahn? I give up...the House just is stagnant and worthless. hey

by Anonymousreply 274August 15, 2019 10:52 PM

r274, the court is pending decisions on the release of his Grand Jury testimony and his subpoena refusal.

by Anonymousreply 275August 15, 2019 10:54 PM

These laws that have given us a criminal dictator, need to be gone. Is there any way to arrange that?

by Anonymousreply 276August 15, 2019 10:56 PM

I really don't understand why all the norms Trump broke during the campaign and when he started his administration were not actual laws and simply "based on good will". He's proven now the public and the rest of government is OK with accepting breaking norms and protocol.

by Anonymousreply 277August 15, 2019 11:04 PM

It would serve everyone right if a Dem president was elected and just said fuck all to the norms and protocol and just did what he is doing. Of course, the SC would step in THEN and say they couldn't do xyz even if they ruled the opposite for our current resident.

by Anonymousreply 278August 15, 2019 11:16 PM

Sound familiar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279August 15, 2019 11:21 PM

r279 Nice try troll.

by Anonymousreply 280August 16, 2019 12:22 AM

Fox News polls prove that Trump is well hated, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 281August 16, 2019 12:05 PM

Recent Fox polls group roughly at 46%, This may be an outlier, or even people who think he hasn't been sufficiently pro-gun, or on target. Even at 43% that's 5 or so points higher than when he was elected. . The next poll will be interesting to see.

And then there is this:

A majority of likely voters give Trump thumbs-up again, while Trudeau lags behind at 43% job approval; Trump's support with his base has increased drastically; Nearly half of Hispanics approve of Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282August 16, 2019 12:38 PM

Politico:

“I won the election, the markets went up thousands of points, things started happening,” Trump said at a rally here. “If, for some reason, I were not to have won the election, these markets would have crashed. That will happen even more so in 2020. You have no choice but to vote for me, because your 401(k), everything is going to be down the tubes.”

“Whether you love me or hate me, you have got to vote for me,” he added.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283August 16, 2019 1:38 PM

The Hill: Trump mocks appearance of rally protester: 'That guy's got a serious weight problem'

"That guy's got a serious weight problem. Go home, start exercising," Trump said as the individual who interrupted Trump's speech was escorted out of the arena.

"Get him out of here please. Got a bigger problem than I do," Trump quipped. "Got a bigger problem than all of us. Now he goes home and his mom says, 'What the hell have you just done?'"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284August 16, 2019 1:43 PM

Many hispanics turn Republican within one or two generations. They want the entitlements, but are very socially conservative; have lots and lots of babies, not largely education oriented, are Catholics Jehovah witnesses, etc., show opposition and resistance to paying taxes, are anti-assimulation, and practice their own prejudices.

Yet, Democrats continue to pander to the segments that are not eligible to vote. Expecting gratitude is a fantasy. 2016 was obvious.

by Anonymousreply 285August 16, 2019 1:45 PM

Politico:

Hope Hicks rejects Dems' claim that she misled House Judiciary Committee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287August 16, 2019 1:50 PM

CNN:

CNN Exclusive: New details emerge about the clash over spending inside Trump inaugural committee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288August 16, 2019 1:54 PM

ABC:

Trump officials abused, retaliated against career State Dept. employees: IG report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289August 16, 2019 3:19 PM

good news

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290August 16, 2019 3:55 PM

we need a huge purge of any Trump appointees and then treat them like pariahs. They are all scum.

by Anonymousreply 291August 16, 2019 4:37 PM

Is she having thoughts about alleged sex with Lewandowski was a pity fuck, a mercy fuck or a fuck of convenience?

by Anonymousreply 292August 16, 2019 4:40 PM

Have trolls found this thread again? So much doom and gloom and trying to big up Pres Bone Spurs.

by Anonymousreply 293August 16, 2019 7:12 PM

R293 Yeah - The whole, "Everyone loves Trump" bullshit has exploded. Whenever this happens, they usually get called out by people, though I tend to back off of DL for a while.

by Anonymousreply 294August 16, 2019 7:49 PM

Fuck that, R290

by Anonymousreply 295August 16, 2019 7:50 PM

Dear Russian trolls who have found this thread again,

We don't , nor anyone else, believe your lying, vodka addled bullshit about how popular Pres Bone Spurs supposedly is now. Or how "browns and chocolates" are now loving him. No. Or Nyet. Your tired ass propaganda is so obvious even when your weak, inferior Russian brains try to "mix it up" and try different tactics. We are sorry you're under the thumb of a dictator and are too weak and stupid to get rid of him. We are sorry you allowed this to happen. We understand you are all weak, prostitutes, drug addicts and alcoholics but that is no excuse. WE, however, are voting Pres Bone Spurs' fat, smelly, shit stained ass out next election. Instead of trying to troll us, why not spend your time and money actually cleaning your own house for a change?

by Anonymousreply 296August 16, 2019 8:34 PM

Don't worry R295! Normally you order a poll to be conducted to get a certain, unknown result.

In the case of Zogby, the customer (was it Trump campaign?) ordered the results of the poll, whatever inclusion biases and algorithm tweaks were necessary to attain these results.

by Anonymousreply 297August 16, 2019 9:33 PM

Three more supporting impeachment overnight!

Impeachment count is up to 127 total representatives in support, or 29% of the House.

Democrats: 126

Total: 127

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298August 16, 2019 9:35 PM

How can there not even be one single Repug? I wish Amash had stayed Repug.

by Anonymousreply 299August 16, 2019 9:37 PM

Reuters:

Ex-Trump campaign chief Lewandowski says 'happy' to testify before Congress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300August 16, 2019 11:35 PM

Washington Post:

Analysis: 2 troubling signs for Trump in this new Fox News poll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301August 16, 2019 11:47 PM

The Hill:

Justice Dept. says Mueller report has been downloaded 800 million times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302August 16, 2019 11:50 PM

NPR had something about this GE thing. Apparently GE has Long term care insurance, and they can't cover all their subscribers. Shortfall goes into the billions. Like $18 Billion, or more. It's not catastrophic, but it's really bad. Nom wait. It could be catastrophic.

by Anonymousreply 303August 17, 2019 12:04 AM

[quote]Fox News polls prove that Trump is well hated, don't they?

I'm actually shocked Fox allows its polls to show such unfavorable news for Trump -- you'd think they'd make it sound as if he's at least 20 points ahead of all of the Democratic candidates. I mean hell, they lie about everything else, I'm surprised they don't lie about that, too.

by Anonymousreply 304August 17, 2019 12:30 AM

[quote]“This type of thing has to stop. We have to figure out a way to fix the problem, not figure out a way to lay blame.” – acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305August 17, 2019 12:37 AM

Mexicans. chocolates and [bold]SUBURBAN FISH[/bold]???

Who are these deranged fuckwits?

by Anonymousreply 306August 17, 2019 1:34 AM

Would even 218 Dems saying yes to impeachment get Nancy to change her mind?

See ya in September to find out.

by Anonymousreply 307August 17, 2019 1:50 AM

Nancy is already pro Impeachment Inquiry. She will make decisions based on the corruption uncovered.

by Anonymousreply 308August 17, 2019 1:59 AM

R306, it's probably Erna.

by Anonymousreply 309August 17, 2019 2:04 AM

Impeachment without removal is an empty gesture. We Democrats believe the hearings will help energize and educate the general public about Trump's criminality. They believe if the Republicans in the Senate refuse to act, it will help the Dems win the Senate. But I think the public is over Mueller. I think unless a brand new major reveal happens during the House hearings, the Dems will fail to ignite public interest.

The Republicans will spin the failure to remove Trump as proof of His innocence, and they will build the "Witch Hunt" case very effectively to make the Dems look petty and inept. Right now Trump is committing suicide. He is losing ground, looking more desperate every day. He's absurd. All we have to do is keep driving him crazy. It won't take much. Why give the Republicans the potential issue of a failure to remove Trump, and make the 2020 campaign all about how crazy the Democrats are.

I wish I had confidence in the Democrats ability to sell, to frame a message and really sell it, I'd feel a lot more optimistic.

by Anonymousreply 310August 17, 2019 3:45 AM

R285, you could not possibly be more wrong, even if you tried.

Hispanics value education above ALL else. It was expected that my two brothers and I would go to college. No exceptions.

My two brothers have two children each, not carloads of them. I don’t have any.

We pay taxes like everybody else and do things most other Americans do. What specifically do we not “aasimilate” in?

Yes, there are asshole racists, but that’s in every group.

So fuck off with your prejudices and your wrong information, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 311August 17, 2019 4:05 AM

[quote]The Republicans will spin the failure to remove Trump as proof of His innocence, and they will build the "Witch Hunt" case very effectively to make the Dems look petty and inept.

And if the Dems do nothing, the Republicans will spin them as weak, ineffectual, gutless pussies as they flex their might and grind the boot into their collective neck. They have nothing to lose, really.

by Anonymousreply 312August 17, 2019 4:10 AM

That’s untrue, R311

The cubans, despite being here nearly 60 years now still have only 60% English language attainment and a much lower education level than their anglo neighbors. That’s 3 generations now.

They do not value “education above all else”. They do not assimilate, based on English language skills and considering that more than 70% are in Florida, with the majority concentrated in Miami and Tampa/St Petersburg, it appears they have not culturally assimilated, either.

by Anonymousreply 313August 17, 2019 4:34 AM

R311, just wondering. First, do your brothers vote? Do they vote Repug? I find it kind of telling that you left that information out.

by Anonymousreply 314August 17, 2019 5:35 AM

R300, Lewandowski can say whatever he wants. Then, when he gets there, he'll use that magical privilege like Hope Hicks did and bring along 18 White House attorneys who will endlessly interrupt the proceedings. He'll say nothing. Then, when he's caught lying, he'll just pull what Hope Hicks just did and simply say that she disagrees that she lied and then not be held accountable in any fucking way.

These people need to start getting hanged.

by Anonymousreply 315August 17, 2019 5:38 AM

Well, I guess I should have specified what kind of Latinos we are. My peeps came from Mexico. Mexican-Americans value education more than other Latino groups. We understand that education is the only way for us to be successful and for us to better ourselves and the family. . Don’t know about other groups.

The Cubans are assholes who think they are better than other Latinos. They’re wrong. They’re the pendejos who vote for the repugs.

We all vote, R314. Better off dead than vote for those fucking racist repigs. Fuck them.

I don’t imagine EVER willingly voting for those racist pigs. Most of my cousins that live in the states are also Dem voting. I have a cousin who has been turned, but then she’s getting republican cock.

Many spics that vote repug are racists as well. Since we are not... we don’t.

by Anonymousreply 316August 17, 2019 6:47 AM

R311 R316 Totally contrary to demographic statistics. Try pretending something else.

by Anonymousreply 317August 17, 2019 1:59 PM

What I've discovered as I've studied voter behavior in various demographics, is that a surprising number of Latinos are drawn to the Evangelical churches. In general, churches of all kinds are very important because 80% of regular church goers vote. That's a fact.

But one thing is absolutely true with every voting group: There is no monolithic "Latino vote" or "Black vote" or "women's vote" or "Gay vote." That's why creating divisions over specific issues whether it's abortion, Gay Rights, or "Crime" is so important to Republican strategists.

For example, Lee Atwater really understood how to slice off Black voters from the Dems, in the 80's. He exploited anti Gay sentiments, and the economic self-determination that the entrepreneurial minorities embraced, even as they used Willie Horton to scare white voters.

by Anonymousreply 318August 17, 2019 2:29 PM

I love that the Mooch is continuing his attacks on Trump.

by Anonymousreply 319August 17, 2019 3:02 PM

Me, too R319. And he's got Omarosa along for the ride. And some ex-Apprentice contestant who I don't know. But they are not holding back. A little too late, IMO, but it's still a joy to behold. And it must be driving Trump even more insane than he already is.

by Anonymousreply 320August 17, 2019 3:15 PM

I'm fine with Scaramucci going after Trump but we obviously all know it's not sincere. There's nothing sincere about opportunists like Scaramucci and Omarosa. They knew exactly who and what he was when they signed up to join him initially. If they can expose more awful things about him, fine but I don't want to see liberals embrace them or frequently have them on news and talk shows.

Scaramucci knows the walls are closing in and didn't want to continue on this sinking ship

by Anonymousreply 321August 17, 2019 4:53 PM

I think the Mooch is just winging it. But I'll bet what he's saying publicly is the conversation the donors are having behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 322August 17, 2019 5:14 PM

Fuck you and your statistics, R317.

I’m telling you the reality of my familia.

Believe it or don’t.

The Latinos who turn to those evangelical churches are weak minded and don’t really know any better. Yes, lack of education is a key component. They sweet talk them and maybe provide some assistance so of course, they’re gonna follow those charlatans and hucksters.

Believe what you want. I’m not going to go on further. This is a thread about the asshole in the White House and how he continues to dismantle our democracy.

by Anonymousreply 323August 17, 2019 5:40 PM

I like The Mooch because he is better looking than Trump.

Trump is like Disney, he doesn't hire people, he CASTS them.

Hope Hicks and The Mooch could replace Vanna and Pat.

by Anonymousreply 324August 17, 2019 5:45 PM

[quote]There is no monolithic "Latino vote" or "Black vote" or "women's vote" or "Gay vote."

Women have consistently voted for Democrats to the tune of 55% for the last few decades. Gays vote Democratic in the 75% range. Blacks vote Democratic in the 80% range. The Latino vote is seemingly still trying to figure out what the fuck they want but their strong religiosity and the machismo factor sucks too many of them to the evil Repug side even though it goes against the interests. Fucking religion is killing our democracy.

by Anonymousreply 325August 17, 2019 5:58 PM

it seems most of the repub latinos are the white latinos

by Anonymousreply 326August 17, 2019 6:00 PM

White MALE Latinos

by Anonymousreply 327August 17, 2019 6:03 PM

If you want to specify one voting group that is the problem across the board, it is men.

by Anonymousreply 328August 17, 2019 6:09 PM

We still don't understand why DL sisters hate Trump but adore BushClintonBushObama. There is no difference between the Trump years so far and the years of the satanist criminals BushClintonBushObama: perpetual wars of US aggressia globally, exponentially growing federal debt, less personal freedom, etc If someone can show us any real concrete difference we would love to hear it.

by Anonymousreply 329August 17, 2019 6:15 PM

Is R329 the new troll meme for the weekend?

by Anonymousreply 330August 17, 2019 6:17 PM

The Hill:

Appeals court again allows Trump family planning rules to go into effect

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331August 17, 2019 6:30 PM

CNN:

FEC chair challenges Trump to provide evidence of voter fraud in New Hampshire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332August 17, 2019 6:36 PM

Washington Post:

Analysis: The third-person-in-chief: How Trump talks about himself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333August 17, 2019 6:40 PM

The Guardian:

Trump suspends CNN analyst's credentials in another shot at the press

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334August 17, 2019 6:42 PM

Stop it, R31 You're a racist. I'm a native California and have lived with Mexicans and Lationos my entire life. They are strivers, each generation doing better than the last. I could give you countless examples. One is a Puerto Rican friend (been here since toddler-hood) who is a fantastic artist and is an exemplary human being and college professor. A former boss, descendant of illegal, illiterate great grandparents, saw each generation getting more education than the last. His kids have Masters Degrees. They are all professionals. My former boss teaches English to immigrants and does other important volunteer work since retiring.

My best friend from childhood came from a Spanish immigrant family. His parents did not go beyond high school, the kids all went to UC Berkeley. Hardworking parents who did not let them fail. Smart family.

R323, no need to defend yourself by bashing other Latinos. Stick up for all Latino groups. Sure, we could all do better in managing our beautiful earth, but R317 prefers to hate without good reason.

by Anonymousreply 335August 17, 2019 6:44 PM

Latinos ^

by Anonymousreply 336August 17, 2019 6:45 PM

Washington Post:

McConnell, Eyeing Legacy, Turns Senate Into Machine for Conservative Judges

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337August 17, 2019 6:48 PM

CNN:

Senate investigators find no evidence China hacked Clinton server

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338August 17, 2019 6:51 PM

[quote]Right now Trump is committing suicide.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 339August 17, 2019 8:39 PM

Every time Trump “suspends” a reporter’s access, that media outlet should respond by portraying Trump and his entire family in the *nude* on all broadcasts for the next 30 days. Trump, which is gigantic flabby moobs - widescreen, jiggling,

He wants deep state “presidential harrassment”? Time to bring it. Don’t screw with the 1st amendment, somepig.

by Anonymousreply 340August 17, 2019 8:41 PM

Washington Post:

Trump’s speech at a Shell plant drew thousands of workers. They were paid overtime to be there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341August 17, 2019 11:19 PM

R331, I don't understand why all these clinics don't just say, "Oh, okay. Sure. No problem." while they take them to court and then just keep doing exactly what they are doing. It's a guideline. Not a law. They are going to lose the funding anyway. At least they should go down fighting. Make these fuckers try to enforce this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 342August 18, 2019 6:12 AM

A public trial for impeachment would be perfect. Trump would have to testify. Every lying bastard of his administration would have to testify.

by Anonymousreply 343August 18, 2019 6:28 AM

A public trial for impeachment would be perfect. Trump would have to testify. Every lying bastard of his administration would have to testify.

by Anonymousreply 344August 18, 2019 6:29 AM

Watch them refuse to show up to testify in the Senate and then watch John Roberts hold them in contempt and have them arrested. I think Roberts will be taking his role very seriously while in the national spotlight. He's worried about legacy.

by Anonymousreply 345August 18, 2019 6:37 AM

R345 I wouldn't hold out hope for Roberts or any GOPer. None of them can be trusted. None.

by Anonymousreply 346August 18, 2019 8:02 AM

Roberts seems to have "settled down" and caved in to the Conservatives. Yes I know. He's always been a COnservative, but for a minute it looked like he might become the swing vote because some of the stuff that has come before his court has been so outrageous and obviously unconstitutional, but then he caved in. Like when Trump defied Congress and took the funds to build the wall. Roberts let it happen. Then the whole Gerrymandering issue. He caved again. He's not going to "do the right thing".

Don't sit here waiting for Trump or anyone else to appear at a trial if they don't want to. They have already teased out that scenario and decided on their options, and Roberts will allow it. He is very weak. I'm convinced that the only way we can really defeat Trump is to Defeat Trump. Overwhelming numbers have to show up in 2020. These polls showing him down at 38% right now ....it's too early to be optimistic.

We have to focus on fighting in every state for ballot security, and preparing to work like hell. We need to anticipate what they will do. That's where IMO, we fall short. It seems like in every situation for the past three years or more, we have not fully appreciated what their game plan is and we have been assuming everyone follows the rules. Did anyone really expect Hope Hicks to "confess?"

We have to come face to face with the reality that this gang is lawless. They have no concern for Law, tradition, rules, and don't care about how they look. They have no principles. To them the Law is a gimmick and a game. THey intend to win. Go back and watch Barr when he "spins" and he lies and twists the Law and we know he's lying, and he's wrong, but then Roberts caves in or some other judge pulls a ruling out of his ass. We need to fight smarter and tougher. We have to out think them.

by Anonymousreply 347August 18, 2019 12:22 PM

Trump has a 5th Amendment right not to testify against himself. He will never testify at an impeachment trial.

by Anonymousreply 348August 18, 2019 12:28 PM

WH economic advisor Larry Kudlow appeared DRUNK ON A SUNDAY MORNING news show today to defend Trump economic policy. Only the best people!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349August 18, 2019 3:05 PM

More drunk fun with Chuck Todd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350August 18, 2019 3:09 PM

I'M A SHAUSHY BOOSZHEHOUND

by Anonymousreply 351August 18, 2019 3:20 PM

The Hill:

Trump again lashes out at NY Times, claims it's going on a 'racism witch hunt'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352August 18, 2019 3:26 PM

Washington Post:

Former vice president Dick Cheney to appear at fundraiser for Trump and RNC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353August 18, 2019 3:29 PM

Kudlow worked for Fox as a frequent commentator. He should know not to show up intoxicated for a broadcast.

Maybe that's his way of saying he wants to get booted from the Trump administration. He was not a pro-tarriff guy prior, and was big on free trade agreements..

by Anonymousreply 354August 18, 2019 3:32 PM

Yeah, story growing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355August 18, 2019 3:38 PM

AP:

Abrams brings Fair Fight 2020 to Georgia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356August 18, 2019 3:42 PM

Maybe Kudlow already knows he's on the way out - Trump is going to be looking to blame someone for the stock market fall.

by Anonymousreply 357August 18, 2019 3:45 PM

Politico:

‘People don’t want to be stupid twice’: Foreign diplomats brace for Trump 2020 win

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358August 18, 2019 3:50 PM

Am I hallucinating or did Abby Huntsman's father resign?

Presidential bid?

by Anonymousreply 359August 18, 2019 4:28 PM

You have to be drunk to numb yourself from all the lies you tell yourself and the American people on behalf of the crazy man who is running our country into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 360August 18, 2019 4:28 PM

r359....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361August 18, 2019 4:39 PM

The House could put these non-talkers in the House Jail for contempt...but they don't have the balls for it.

by Anonymousreply 362August 18, 2019 4:44 PM

r348, One has to show up and claim the 5th under oath. That qualifies as testifying.

by Anonymousreply 363August 18, 2019 4:46 PM

Secret GOP memo: Blame white-supremacist terrorism on the left

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364August 18, 2019 5:58 PM

r364, Typical Republican playbook.

If you allies, the neo Nazis and white supremacists are vilified, create LEFT WING enemies of theirs and vilify THEM.

It is the simple extension of the Both Sides argument.

But no, there are NO white supremacists, let alone terrorism, on the left.

by Anonymousreply 365August 18, 2019 6:08 PM

That’s a good question R342. It’s actually a regulation. To apply for grant (or contract) funding an authorized organizational representative has to sign that the organization is following all of the applicable regulations. To willfully or knowingly sign when the organization is not is a felony and leaves the signatory and organization open to civil and criminal prosecution and fines.

The false claims acts in particular is especially punitive.

by Anonymousreply 366August 18, 2019 6:10 PM

She's been at it this Sunday. Speaking of conspiracy among DJT sychophants....,.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367August 18, 2019 6:53 PM

Speaking of the El Paso shootings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368August 18, 2019 9:03 PM

I have no words, R368. The cruelty of people knows no bounds. I feel that Trump has really opened up the floodgates of hatred and destruction. Yes. I do blame him for what is happening.

by Anonymousreply 369August 18, 2019 9:11 PM

That’s horrifying, R368. The car owner is an older man who lost his wife of 22 years. What do these people think they are doing?

by Anonymousreply 370August 18, 2019 9:32 PM

Trump's base truly believes that anyone not wearing a MAGA hat is the enemy now. It’s that black and white to them. They have no morals, no reason. Just a primitive, animal sense of "us versus them".

by Anonymousreply 371August 18, 2019 9:56 PM

I’m jealous of Hong Kong.

Why no threads?

by Anonymousreply 372August 18, 2019 10:00 PM

[quote]The House could put these non-talkers in the House Jail for contempt...but they don't have the balls for it.

There no longer is a House jail. They should start rebuilding it and see if that brings any of these assholes around.

by Anonymousreply 373August 18, 2019 11:22 PM

If the economy goes into a recession, some of the blind supporters in corporate America, the guys who say he's been good for the economy, will abandon him. I wouldn't be surprised, if things get very bad for him, Trump may have a "stroke" and be forced to not run, but he can avid prosecution because he is so ill. THink about it.

by Anonymousreply 374August 18, 2019 11:29 PM

If Trump claimed to be seriously ill, he would be a martyr to his followers, a hero, there'd be an outpouring of love from the MAGAts, and he could avoid prosecution. It would save face and be an acceptable exit.

by Anonymousreply 375August 18, 2019 11:31 PM

That would infuriate me. That treasonous fucker needs to swing. Or at least have every bit of his assets forfeited.

Same with the whore, treason Barbie and mandriod Jared. All of them locked up and their assets firfeit to repay this country for their grift and treason.

by Anonymousreply 376August 18, 2019 11:38 PM

That would infuriate me. That treasonous fucker needs to swing. Or at least have every bit of his assets forfeited.

Same with the whore, treason Barbie and mandriod Jared. All of them locked up and their assets firfeit to repay this country for their grift and treason.

by Anonymousreply 377August 18, 2019 11:38 PM

Will they figure out he is simply a mad man pulling the levers of economic power with the only outcome DO AS I TELL YOU?

by Anonymousreply 378August 18, 2019 11:53 PM

[quote] Trump's base truly believes that anyone not wearing a MAGA hat is the enemy now

Yet it is the Trump hat wearers being assaulted. Go figure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379August 19, 2019 12:01 AM

Wow, Wack a Racist!

by Anonymousreply 380August 19, 2019 1:23 AM

It’s funny how fascists just seem to provoke strong emotions in otherwise really nice people. You should ask the nice people of Skokie Illinois about that experience. Or maybe you can ask the black people of Selma about Bull Connor and his dogs.

But you won’t. Do you know why? I don’t. I have a theory. Your head is stuffed so deep up your ass from conflating your racism with “1st Amendment” and not understanding what the fuck the 1st Amendment means and how any of it applies to anybody except you that you’re a lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 381August 19, 2019 1:32 AM

Miz Lindz is braying that the IG report on the Russia probe will be damning. Are she and Barr writing it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382August 19, 2019 3:19 AM

Why has a trick never turned on the Senatrice?

by Anonymousreply 383August 19, 2019 3:45 AM

Don't you guys know John Roberts is as evil as they come? Yes, he allowed Obamacare because he believed it acted as a "tax". Whatever the fuck that means. He's also the kingpin jackass who approved Citizens United, allowing in all that sweetass dark money to flow into these these conservative fuckjob's campaigns that give didly shit about the Constitution. Yes, Roberts believed donating unlimited dark money campaign financing to these evil fuck-the-national-debt....and fuck-the-Constitution Repigs was - GET THIS! - nothing other than fucking Free Speech!

FUCK HIM! FUCK HIS MOTHER! and FUCK GWB!

Additionally (as if we needed more). Chief Justice Roberts also ruled that all debts, except for student loan debts, are eligible for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Make those kids indebted for life! Evil asshole.

by Anonymousreply 384August 19, 2019 8:58 AM

R383. Deports them back to Brazil?

by Anonymousreply 385August 19, 2019 3:34 PM

You have the right to say whatever you want.

And we have the right to block you on social media, call you out in public, shame you, kick you out of our businesses and run your racist fascist ass out of town.

You still have to face the consequences of your "free speech".

by Anonymousreply 386August 19, 2019 5:28 PM

I'm shocked....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387August 19, 2019 5:36 PM

Check this out...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388August 19, 2019 6:23 PM

Is the person who is always posting links to Seth Abramson, Seth himself?

by Anonymousreply 389August 19, 2019 7:06 PM

^I don't know, but people post their Twitter declarations, Instagram pics, written articles, porn pics, promote their sites/blogs, etc. frequently on DL. Celebrities and politicians have done so at times, anonymously.

by Anonymousreply 390August 19, 2019 7:30 PM

.... this about sums it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391August 19, 2019 8:16 PM

Democrats got a really important ally in impeachment, and that's #4 Democrat in the house, Ben Ray Luján, a close ally of Nancy Pelosi.

Impeachment count is up to 128 total representatives in support, or 29.5% of the House.

Democrats: 127

Total: 128

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392August 19, 2019 9:25 PM

walterh: Personally, I truly appreciate your periodic updates on the slowly growing support for impeachment in the House.

by Anonymousreply 393August 19, 2019 9:45 PM

He has unearthed something that will not go away anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 394August 19, 2019 9:48 PM

Politico:

Schumer assails Trump's 'heartbreaking' apparent reversal on background checks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395August 19, 2019 10:42 PM

CNN:

Justice Dept. again sides with Trump over House in personal financial records fight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396August 19, 2019 11:06 PM

R396 we all might as well vote for him. Just let him be Dictator and we can all move out of the country.

by Anonymousreply 397August 19, 2019 11:11 PM

Why don't these stupid financial records just leak. At least two dozens persons must have access to them, so just leak them! No one cares what hunchman Barr says.

by Anonymousreply 398August 19, 2019 11:14 PM

USA Today:

FEC chair on Trump claim: 'No evidence of rampant voter fraud in 2016'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399August 19, 2019 11:16 PM

From R396's link.

[quote]Separately, the Justice Department argues that the subpoenas could distract Trump from his job as President if he is "drawn into myriad simultaneous congressional inquiries."

All's he's doing is going to rallies and playing golf and we know he cheats at golf.

by Anonymousreply 400August 19, 2019 11:21 PM

And God forbid he got distracted from tweeting.

by Anonymousreply 401August 19, 2019 11:23 PM

Thanks, R393 - I keep track because each day it grows, and it gives me hope.

by Anonymousreply 402August 19, 2019 11:29 PM

The Atlantic:

The Longer Trump Stays in Office, the More Americans Oppose His Views

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403August 20, 2019 12:07 AM

What a joke this Justice Department is.

by Anonymousreply 404August 20, 2019 12:11 AM

Washington Post:

Trump stumbles onto a new justification for losing the popular vote: It’s Google’s fault

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405August 20, 2019 2:13 AM

The Hill:

Trump tweets photo of Trump Tower in Greenland: 'I promise not to do this'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406August 20, 2019 2:16 AM

R406 so basically he will throw one up if America buys it.

by Anonymousreply 407August 20, 2019 2:19 AM

Politico:

Hillary Clinton zings Trump over new voter conspiracy theory

“The debunked study you’re referring to was based on 21 undecided voters. For context that’s about half the number of people associated with your campaign who have been indicted,” she replied in a tweet. Clinton was likely referring to the six operatives with ties to Trump or his campaign who were swept up in former special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe, which ended earlier this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408August 20, 2019 2:30 AM

I recently returned from Plump country, not a single peep about him.

Where are all these so called “supporters.”

The usual suspects were awfully quiet. Might have something to do with all the farms losing cash.

by Anonymousreply 409August 20, 2019 2:35 AM

I’m starting to think all of his support is online. Fake bots and trolls.

I saw a lot of races mingling and carrying on, not some huge racial divide as some want us to think.

He’s toast in 2020, and hopefully that will be so for the entire republican criminal cabal. The progressives are making gains in rural areas, it was surprising. They need to crank it up in all 50 states between now and 2020. It could be a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 410August 20, 2019 2:38 AM

R410 It is all bots. Everything about his "popularity" is an illusion. Just like his wealth.

Dems are making gains in rural areas as the mid-terms affirmed.

by Anonymousreply 411August 20, 2019 2:51 AM

The only vocal trumptards I know now are all old, fat white men who are praying a return to the 1940's. I have to work with these fuckwits.

I'm in red state hell and the last time I saw a bumper sticker or sign or MAGAt hood was about a month ago.

They all wish he'd shut up because the more he runs his mouth, the more their wives say they aren't going to vote for him again.

It's not the blatant racism. It's the fact that he continually blows the lid off of their "cover". If he shut up, they'd be fine with his racism.

by Anonymousreply 412August 20, 2019 3:16 AM

AP:

White House insists fundamentals of U.S. economy 'very strong'

"We're doing tremendously well. Our consumers are rich. I gave a tremendous tax cut and they're loaded up with money," Trump said on Sunday. "I don't think we're having a recession."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413August 20, 2019 3:49 PM

NYT:

After Lobbying by Gun Rights Advocates, Trump Sounds a Familiar Retreat

WASHINGTON — Days after a pair of deadly mass shootings in Texas and Ohio, President Trump said he was prepared to endorse what he described as “very meaningful background checks” that would be possible because of his “greater influence now over the Senate and over the House.”

© Anna Moneymaker/The New York Times “People don’t realize we have very strong background checks right now,” President Trump told reporters in New Jersey on Sunday. But after discussions with gun rights advocates during his two-week working vacation in Bedminster, N.J. — including talks with Wayne LaPierre, the chief executive of the National Rifle Association — Mr. Trump’s resolve appears to have substantially softened, and he has reverted to reiterating the conservative positions on the gun issue he has espoused since the 2016 campaign.

Speaking to reporters on Sunday as he departed from New Jersey and returned to Washington, Mr. Trump said he was “very, very concerned with the Second Amendment, more so than most presidents would be,” and added that “people don’t realize we have very strong background checks right now.”

He also echoed the standard response to mass shootings delivered by the N.R.A., which since 1966 has pushed the government to focus on the mental problems of the gunmen rather than how they were able to obtain their guns. “I don’t want people to forget that this is a mental health problem,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t want them to forget that, because it is. It’s a mental health problem.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414August 20, 2019 4:07 PM

did Trump have plastic surgery on his face? That picture of him with Epstein, he had a much rounder face but was much slimmer at the time. He was so homely in that photo and I kept thinking was does he look so different

by Anonymousreply 415August 20, 2019 4:17 PM

R415, you think he isn’t homely now? He’s repulsive looking and his skin looks very damaged. Also, if I see another close-up of his signature neck pussy, I’m going to throw up.

by Anonymousreply 416August 20, 2019 5:20 PM

I just drove through very rural ny, pa & ohio again this weekend , the last time I drove through (March 2019) I saw dozens of Trump/Pence signs in front of random houses and some supportive billboards. This time i only saw two house signs & no billboards It made me feel better.

by Anonymousreply 417August 20, 2019 5:28 PM

[quote] I gave a tremendous tax cut and they're loaded up with money,

Dear Mr. Trump:

I seem to have misplaced my load.

Could you please help me with that?

by Anonymousreply 418August 20, 2019 5:47 PM

You know it will be really desperate when Trump pulls one of those, “We’re getting calls from regular Americans telling us just how much money they all have now” moments where he literally makes people up and claims they’ve called him and told him a (very obvious) lie.

by Anonymousreply 419August 20, 2019 6:13 PM

R410 and others, I agree, a lot of his support is fake and especially the social media bots. But I blame the News Media for their determined efforts to portray the Republican Party as normal and business as usual and the effort they've put into normalizing Trump. When they talk about him having a 90% approval rating among self-identified Republicans, it means nothing. Because the Republican PArty itself has shrunk to nothing more than a fringe group/cult. I refuse to be intimidated by some fat ass in a red had getting in my face a screaming at me

by Anonymousreply 420August 20, 2019 8:22 PM

The ones with the mental health problems are the willfully ignorant of a carnage that can be ended and defensive around their cowardice in not doing so.

by Anonymousreply 421August 20, 2019 8:50 PM

We've all said it a million times- so many will never admit they were conned by this man.

Now this asshole is going to give a payroll tax cut (doesn't that take money out of SS?). More on the deficit in supposed great economic times.

by Anonymousreply 422August 20, 2019 10:35 PM

Keep the negligible tax cut and get health insurance costs under control. People spend way more on HC than they would gain in a measly tax cut.

by Anonymousreply 423August 20, 2019 11:30 PM

Lindsey avoids town hall meetings in the South Carolyn low country during her August break. Kevin Bishop, Lindsey's spokesperson, got hissy at the criticisim. “The members of Indivisible are extreme liberals out of touch with the majority of South Carolinians,” his statement says.

So Lindsey and Kevin fear town hall organizers in South Carolina because they are too liberal?

He has plenty of time for Fox daily appearances, golf/caddy for Trump, and collude with Barr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424August 20, 2019 11:32 PM

MOST DEFINITELY RETARDED

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425August 21, 2019 12:13 AM

Meanwhile Susan Collins, who hasn’t had a town hall meeting with her constituents in over 20 years, found time to attend a "thank you" fundraiser at the $4 million Bar Harbor summer home of Leonard Leo, the right wing Federalist Society "judge whisperer" who picked both Kavanaugh and Gorsuch for the SC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426August 21, 2019 12:17 AM

R425 so basically that idiot is trying to bully his way into buying a fucking country!!

by Anonymousreply 427August 21, 2019 12:22 AM

Mrs. Betty Bowers at r425:

She found out your credit score

by Anonymousreply 428August 21, 2019 12:24 AM

Susan Collins and her old concerned shaky vagina need to quit

by Anonymousreply 429August 21, 2019 12:25 AM

Don’t forget this:

NEWSWEEK:

NEARLY HALF OF DONALD TRUMP'S TWITTER FOLLOWERS ARE FAKE ACCOUNTS AND BOTS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430August 21, 2019 12:34 AM

Washington Post:

Trump tells NRA chief that universal background checks are off the table

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431August 21, 2019 1:05 AM

R431 Such a strong pussy whipped leader.........does that dog collar choke much?

by Anonymousreply 432August 21, 2019 1:11 AM

HuffPost:

Trump Inflating Scottish Golf Resorts' Value By $165 Million, Per UK Filings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433August 21, 2019 1:16 AM

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump has filed financial disclosure statements that appear to misstate the value and profitability of his Scotland golf courses by $165 million, possibly violating federal laws that are punishable by jail time.

by Anonymousreply 434August 21, 2019 1:17 AM

Mediaite:

Trump Called Out For Deriding Most Jews in America as Ignorant or Disloyal: ‘Blatantly Anti-Semitic’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435August 21, 2019 1:23 AM

The Hill:

Democrats push judge for quick action on Trump tax returns lawsuit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436August 21, 2019 1:25 AM

R386 If you keep acting like an adult here, you’re going to get a very specific reputation.

by Anonymousreply 437August 21, 2019 1:42 AM

I'm just glad that the ruse is up and most world leaders know Trump is a fucking clown and Putin stooge. I'm sure the leader of Denmark is not crying over him canceling the visit BUT unfortunately this makes Putin happy.

The US will need to start using Greenland in the future as part of their counterpoint to Russian aggression in the Arctic region.

by Anonymousreply 438August 21, 2019 2:16 AM

and obviously I'm not suggesting buying Greenland which was never a realistic thing. I mean the US will need to work with Denmark and Greenland to curtail Russia spreading its influence

by Anonymousreply 439August 21, 2019 2:17 AM

Washington Post:

Trump admits his trade war could lead to recession but says ‘I have to do it’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440August 21, 2019 2:54 AM

Bloomberg:

Trump Floats a Tax Cut, Then Calls It Unneeded and Not Imminent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441August 21, 2019 2:56 AM

Washington Post:

After Trump blames mental illness for mass shootings, health agencies ordered to hold all posts on issue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442August 21, 2019 2:57 AM

Wayne LaPierre has been bad news for decades.

The NRA is so corrupt and the feds won't shut that outfit down.

by Anonymousreply 443August 21, 2019 2:59 AM

Wayne LaPierre has been bad news for decades.

The NRA is so corrupt and the feds won't shut that outfit down.

by Anonymousreply 444August 21, 2019 2:59 AM

Those tax cuts he is proposing are to the payroll taxes. He wants to buy votes. But he will be taking the money our of Social Security and Medicare. Yes. And the GOP leadership has no problem with raiding Medicare and Social Security but they didn't want him to talk about it out loud. It was something they were going to use as sort of an October Surprise, or, hopefully not at all until next year. Lawrence O Donnell had a good show tonight talking with experts about the 2020 race. Bottom line hatred of Trump is the major incentive. Policies aren't the motivation. Trump is. They said that 2016 was about complacency, and 2020 is about fear. McConnell and the GOP are determined to go after Medicare. They have said so. They do not hide, they're in our faces. So shame on us. NEVER FORGET 2010. That's when we failed to show up, and all this horrific shit that we're facing now, started to be put in place.

by Anonymousreply 445August 21, 2019 3:52 AM

Oh Miss Thang, nooooooo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446August 21, 2019 10:20 AM

Oh Miss Thang, nooooooo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447August 21, 2019 10:20 AM

He literally looks like an Oompa-Loompa in the picture at R440.

by Anonymousreply 448August 21, 2019 12:03 PM

OK. Let's get predictive: The polls look very bad for him. The economy is going into a recession. The people he has around him are really clueless about what to do because they're hampered by their own rigid ideology, and by Trump's bullying. He is so stupid, and he thinks he knows everything. So let's assume things continue to head in that direction and because Trump's behavior is consistent, we can also assume he will say and do outrageous things to distract and to shore up his base. He will do things on the international stage (like trying to buy Greenland) and definitely on the domestic stage. It will get bad. It might even get violent from time to time. In fact at some point it may become obvious to Trump and certainly to the GOP leadership, that they're going to get theira sses kicked and not just lose, but lose badly. So what do you think will happen between now, and January 20, 2021? Will he feign illness and quit? Will he declare martial law? Will he refuse to leave office? Will he start a war? If yes, with whom? What kinds of issues will he invent, crises, that he will use to distract?

by Anonymousreply 449August 21, 2019 1:22 PM

R449 He's going to bomb something, and maybe even come up with a reason to keep us in Afghanistan. He and his advisors know the best way to distract from bad news is some chest-thumping and bombing some foreign country to hell.

by Anonymousreply 450August 21, 2019 2:12 PM

The Trump Tower and golf resort, with a state of the art club house, can come a bit later. Right now, we're clamoring for duty-free accessories and cosmetics from Ivanka, and new slum-lord apartments run by Jared.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451August 21, 2019 2:27 PM

Does Ivanka give him access to her pussy when he gets really stressed out like this?

I feel like we are fast approaching that Bruno Ganz-as-Hitler scene from “Downfall” that’s so heavily meme’d.

by Anonymousreply 452August 21, 2019 3:06 PM

Yet you couldn’t include the meme?

by Anonymousreply 453August 21, 2019 3:20 PM

Washington Post:

It’s not just Denmark. Trump has a history of canceling foreign trips

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454August 21, 2019 3:25 PM

Politico:

Team Trump launches 'coast-to-coast' campaign for suburban women

“From coast-to-coast we will mobilize and organize to reelect President Trump and give him another four years in the White House,” Katrina Pierson, a senior adviser to the Trump campaign, said in a statement.

“I’m just going to be very direct with people: It’s a complete scam, a hoax, that we’re going into recession,” said Tana Goertz, an Iowa campaign staffer and former “Apprentice” contestant. Goertz will host around 50 women outside Des Moines on Thursday as part of the Trump campaign’s “Evening to Empower.”

Trump campaign spokeswoman Kayleigh McEnany, who will host an event in the Atlanta suburbs, added: “The media narrative is always designed to be negative toward the president. There is simply no denying that the economic fundamentals of this economy are strong.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455August 21, 2019 3:32 PM

The fundementals of the economy are strong... that's what John McCain said when Lehman Bros collapsed.

by Anonymousreply 456August 21, 2019 4:33 PM

Republican Group Urges GOP Senators To Stand Up To Mitch McConnell In Damning New Ads

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457August 21, 2019 4:39 PM

R452, are you familiar with the concept of Google or YouTube?

by Anonymousreply 458August 21, 2019 4:42 PM

'ere!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459August 21, 2019 5:59 PM

Both Hitler and Trump have in common that they are on speed.

Hitler's doctor injected him with methamphetamine, Trump gets round his doctor's prescription by snorting dextroamphetamine.

by Anonymousreply 460August 21, 2019 6:03 PM

Noel, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 461August 21, 2019 6:13 PM

Actually, R458, YOU were R452.

You meant to slam me at R453.

I hope you’re NOBODY’S assistant or mother -

You suck at EVERYTHING!

by Anonymousreply 462August 21, 2019 6:37 PM

Honey, calm down at R462. It’s really not that serious.

by Anonymousreply 463August 21, 2019 6:50 PM

CNBC:

Trump reverses course on new tax cuts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464August 21, 2019 7:06 PM

I wanna stop winning.

I wanna stop real bad.

by Anonymousreply 465August 21, 2019 7:16 PM

I told you you’d get tired of all the winning, R465!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466August 21, 2019 7:26 PM

Oopsie!

[quote]WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. job market isn’t quite as strong as originally believed — with revised figures showing that the economy had 501,000 fewer total jobs this March than initially reported. The Labor Department said Wednesday that nearly two-thirds of the downward revision came from the retail and leisure and hospitality sectors, the industries most associated with consumer spending. These preliminary revisions complicate the Trump administration’s message of a strong economy, as they suggest that job growth was slowing as the expansion approached its tenth anniversary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467August 21, 2019 7:34 PM

Sean Spicer on Dancing With the Stars....

by Anonymousreply 468August 21, 2019 7:45 PM

The Huckabeast is next on the Dancing With the Stars list. I hear she's extra flexible and not for the faint-hearted. She'll lose her intrauterine device while doing the split.

by Anonymousreply 469August 21, 2019 8:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470August 21, 2019 8:28 PM

Thoughts and prayers....

Business Insider:

Ivanka Trump had to move out of her office in the White House because the ceiling might be contaminated with asbestos — here's why that's concerning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471August 21, 2019 9:39 PM

Reuters:

Trump says he is seriously looking at ending birthright citizenship

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472August 21, 2019 9:55 PM

R472 Sorry, but that's something he CANNOT do. It's in the Constitution. He would have to get it to be approved by 2/3 or 3/4 (I can't remember which) of the states. Does anyone see that happening? No.

by Anonymousreply 473August 21, 2019 10:02 PM

Tribune News Service:

Trump is expected to snub the next U.N. climate summit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474August 21, 2019 10:04 PM

Spicer should be shunned for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 475August 21, 2019 10:09 PM

Is something big about to break? There seems to be much nuttiness and deflection going on—I mean, really weird stuff, like the Greenland crap. I thought today he was deflecting from the news about the deficit, but now I don’t think so. Any psychics dare to guess? (Yes I know there’s a thread for that.)

by Anonymousreply 476August 21, 2019 10:10 PM

I think Trump's behavior is as simple as his polls are in the shitter, the economy is on the brink of trouble, he's not winning his tariff war, he's lost white suburban women voters over racism and guns, and he's throwing everything and anything at the wall to see what will stick, anything to distract. He's looking for a lifeline.

by Anonymousreply 477August 21, 2019 10:32 PM

Now he wants to give himself the Medal of Honor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478August 21, 2019 10:46 PM

[quote]Trump is expected to snub the next U.N. climate summit

And the next U.N. climate summit breathes a collective sigh of relief.

by Anonymousreply 479August 21, 2019 11:09 PM

He knows that not even Russia interference is gonna help this time. Even though Mitch refuses to do anything to saefguard elections, everyone is on the lookout for it and it won't be as easy to get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 480August 21, 2019 11:38 PM

He knows that not even Russia interference is gonna help this time. Even though Mitch refuses to do anything to saefguard elections, everyone is on the lookout for it and it won't be as easy to get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 481August 21, 2019 11:38 PM

with all the intensely wack-o deflection and distraction and the amount of adderall being snorted this week, I think something is coming down around labor day...

by Anonymousreply 482August 21, 2019 11:47 PM

Psychic friend thinks something big...invasion of Hong Kong?

by Anonymousreply 483August 21, 2019 11:50 PM

What's with IG Horowitz supposedly to release "chilling testimony of FISA abuse" according to Miss Lindzey. She's been running around friendly venues in South Carolina promoting this. Is Horowitz collaborating with Miss Lindzey?

Those being accused will have their say too, and Miss Lindzey, Barr, and Trump may not want to hear a deeper probe. Federal Judges signed those warrants on Carter Page and others engaging Russian operatives.

This shit should backfire on Barr

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484August 21, 2019 11:51 PM

[quote]The U.S. job market isn’t quite as strong as originally believed — with revised figures showing that the economy had 501,000 fewer total jobs this March than initially reported.

This is the equivalent of a tiny back page retraction of a damning front page story. They have been purposefully lying all along and I hope that is reported on along with the shitty revised numbers.

by Anonymousreply 485August 21, 2019 11:51 PM

Leningrad Lindsey needs to be probed herself.

by Anonymousreply 486August 21, 2019 11:55 PM

R485, he's all upset with Fox for not following the overinflation formula. The truth hurts liars most of all.

by Anonymousreply 487August 21, 2019 11:57 PM

Well I think the plan all along was to go hard on impeachment in September. So Nancy must know that the truth is going to start coming out in ways he won't be able to just shrug off.

Cue the videotape!

by Anonymousreply 488August 22, 2019 12:01 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489August 22, 2019 12:05 AM

Axios, which leans Republican from time to time, had a very interesting piece about Russian interference in 2020, and the way the Russians like to work, and sow chaos, and how we're playing right into their hands, because everyone is jittery, and fractious and we are very very divided. Duh-uh. We can count on a lot of smear campaigns, rumors and innuendo, and divisive bullshit. So just remember. Stay focused on ONE THING: We must defeat Trump and end the GOP dominance in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 490August 22, 2019 12:14 AM

Count on interference from multiple countries. The Chinese want Trump gone. The Russians and Israelis want him to stay.

by Anonymousreply 491August 22, 2019 2:39 AM

Can't Puty take the whole corrupt clan and resettle them in Siberia?

by Anonymousreply 492August 22, 2019 2:49 AM

If he can buy Greenland to go live there and abdicate the presidency then yes, let him.

by Anonymousreply 493August 22, 2019 2:55 AM

I find David Jolly (he quit the GOP) sexy. Anybody else or do I need glasses?

by Anonymousreply 494August 22, 2019 3:43 AM

He was tweaked out of his fucking mind at the chopper presser today, yes?

I mean, c'mon. That HAS to be drugs.

by Anonymousreply 495August 22, 2019 4:00 AM

I can't believe no one's commented on Teump referring to himself as "the chosen one" today....

by Anonymousreply 496August 22, 2019 4:34 AM

Looked SKYWARD and called himself The Chosen One, R496.

Nutty as grandma's fruitcake.

by Anonymousreply 497August 22, 2019 4:36 AM

[quote]I find David Jolly (he quit the GOP) sexy.

So do I. Love him with a beard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498August 22, 2019 4:51 AM

R484 that's the Washington Examiner a repub outlet. You can't trust them.

repub media is STILL spinning the lies about "deep state" and "the conspiracy of the Obama admin to take down Trump with illegal spying, FISA abuse and unmasking". It's all bullshit

by Anonymousreply 499August 22, 2019 5:46 AM

Why can't someone just douse Trump with gasoline and set him ablaze. Count to 5, then pour a bucket of water on him. He shouldn't be dead. He should live for another 20 years with insufferable pain and a face too painful for anyone to look at.

by Anonymousreply 500August 22, 2019 5:51 AM

Why do these reporters who have to stand outside, yell questions that he won't answer while trying to be heard of a helicopter, be insulted by him saying shit like, "It's fake news. You know that because many of you are part of fake news.", keep doing this? The worst thing they could do to this piece of shit is to let him walk out there and then turn their backs on him. There is no news there for them to report. It's all just lies and bullshit. They need to just stop and treat him like the nothing that he is and always has been.

by Anonymousreply 501August 22, 2019 6:10 AM

Trump proclaimed himself the American Caligula.

He deified himself.

The Romans knew how to fix that kind of cruel ego...

by Anonymousreply 502August 22, 2019 8:11 AM

If we go the Roman way, who will be our Brutus? Et tu, Kellyanne? Et tu, Scaramucci? Et tu, Putin? Et tu, Mitt?

by Anonymousreply 503August 22, 2019 8:25 AM

Caligula was murdered, amongst others, by the Praetorian Guard.

The modern equivalent would be the Secret Service.

Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 504August 22, 2019 8:33 AM

How can his crazy fundie, deplorable supporters deny that he committed blasphemy...?

by Anonymousreply 505August 22, 2019 10:06 AM

[quote]If we go the Roman way, who will be our Brutus?

Caitlyn driving a Hummer through the bushes of one of his golf courses. Unfortunately for Miss Lindzee, she wasn't standing and got bumped out too, doing the wrong thing, in the wrong place, at the wrong time.

by Anonymousreply 506August 22, 2019 11:20 AM

Reporters are forced to shout questions to him as he leaves the White House because he has not had a news conference in months. He figured out that he doesn't need to. He can control his "messaging" and get enough coverage from the media with out holding news conferences. I agree. They ought to either not be there, so when he leaves the WH he has no one there, or turn and walk away. Of course they'd only get one chance to turn their backs on him, because they would lose their press credentials and get banned. Reporters are under pressure from their assignment editors to cover Trump, and usually they're given a list of topics or questions to ask him.

The most recent developments on immigration, of Trump deciding to deny flu vaccine to those in detention, and to change the rules so that they can now detain children indefinitely instead of for just 20 days, came right out of the brain of Stephen Miller, who is joined to Trump at the hip. He is Trump's Brain. An evil more vile human being has never drawn breath. He would have been a key player in Nazi Germany.

by Anonymousreply 507August 22, 2019 11:57 AM

This is the face of Evil. He's a psychopath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508August 22, 2019 12:00 PM

Almost 2/3 of Americans disapprove of the job Trump is doing. His disapproval rate is at 62%, and his approval rate just at 36%. That means the other 2% of those polled must honestly either have their heads in the sand or be in a coma.

I do love that they included this little thing:

> While low compared to former President Obama, Trump’s latest approval rating is relatively consistent with the polling results seen throughout his first term.

Yeah, keep comparing him to Obama, media! It'll make him BONKERS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509August 22, 2019 2:18 PM

I guess he's not going to tweet that result. But look, there's a new Rasmussen poll too where he has 48% approval rate. And this was before he disclosed that he was the Chosen One!

by Anonymousreply 510August 22, 2019 2:49 PM

R494, I think so, too. I adore him.

by Anonymousreply 511August 22, 2019 2:52 PM

What this writer and others with the McClatchy newspapers appear to be doing, is running a series of 'fluff' articles on Lindsey Graham In South Carolina, Democrats are under scrutiny and criticism for receiving out-of-state contributions. It comes across as front page pro-Graham propaganda. Fox must be proud.

Where's the reporting on Lindsey Graham's massive campaign war chest? The Kochs don't reside in SC. The scandal-ridden NRA is not run from SC. The Russian oligarch who contributed eight million to Graham's PAC is not from SC. Dozens of other out-of-state wealthy donors representing individual, corporate, and other special interests, are largely outside SC.

The State Newspaper and other McClatchy papers in SC, need to cover the Graham warts as well, and stop what appears to be obsessive pandering to DJT's base.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512August 22, 2019 3:03 PM

"....and a face too painful for anyone to look at."

He certainly already has that, r500.

by Anonymousreply 513August 22, 2019 3:09 PM

You knew it would happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514August 22, 2019 3:10 PM

Highlights!

by Anonymousreply 515August 22, 2019 3:19 PM

Variety: Boffo B.O.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Will Join Fox News as Contributor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516August 22, 2019 3:27 PM

R514. I suppose that new modeling career in NYC didn't work out for her.

by Anonymousreply 517August 22, 2019 3:33 PM

R514. I suppose that new modeling career in NYC didn't work out for her.

by Anonymousreply 518August 22, 2019 3:33 PM

Washington Post:

Trump, frustrated by unpopularity with Jews, thrusts Israel into his culture war

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519August 22, 2019 3:36 PM

He’s just trying to appeal to his base, r519. Browbeating the Jews will not get him any Jewish vote, but his base loves the scolding.

by Anonymousreply 520August 22, 2019 3:43 PM

He is fucking FLAILING.

by Anonymousreply 521August 22, 2019 3:44 PM

Agreed, r520.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522August 22, 2019 3:53 PM

NYT:

Giuliani Renews Push for Ukraine to Investigate Trump’s Political Opponents

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523August 22, 2019 4:39 PM

AP:

AP-NORC poll: 62% disapprove of how Trump's handling his job

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524August 22, 2019 4:49 PM

Instead of terfy women getting huffy about trans women not turning back into menz, date these single straight guys with great jobs. Why do they want trans women? Leave married ones alone too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525August 22, 2019 5:29 PM

sorry, wrong thread^

by Anonymousreply 526August 22, 2019 5:30 PM

R516 Yet another reason to avoid fox news like the plague.

by Anonymousreply 527August 22, 2019 5:41 PM

WHY is EVERY reporter such a fucking pussy!!??

Trump stand there, the retarded monster he is, and defames their integrity daily by calling them and their news outlets "Fake News!" and they stand there and lap it up, dutifully reporting and normalizing his every fetid utterance!

Why not yell, "Fake President!" at him and let him respond? Why not ask him to find Iran on a map, or describe the difference between Judaism and Zionism? Ask him to describe Medicare vs. Medicaid, or how a bill becomes a law? He doesn't know ANY of these things, of course.

I have to hand it to the demonic Trump, he certainly isn't afraid to get away with everything he can and has shown us that there simply IS no functioning Fourth Estate, just cowering stenographers!

by Anonymousreply 528August 22, 2019 5:52 PM

Speaking of the deep state, did anyone else catch this particular piece of batshittery??

The CEO of Overstock stepped down after outing himself as a loon and also an alleged paramour of Maria Butina. Patrick Byrne: I ended up in the center of the Russian and the Clinton investigations. I have all the answers. I have been sitting on them waiting for America to get there. Last summer I figured out… what they all are is all about political espionage. It had nothing to do with law enforcement, it was all political espionage. Here’s the bottom line. There is a deep state like a submarine working just beneath the waves of the periscope depth watching our shipping lane. And a nuclear ice breaker called the USS Bill Barr has snuck up on them and is about to ram midship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529August 22, 2019 5:52 PM

Speaking of the deep state, did anyone else catch this particular piece of batshittery??

The CEO of Overstock stepped down after outing himself as a loon and also an alleged paramour of Maria Butina. Patrick Byrne: I ended up in the center of the Russian and the Clinton investigations. I have all the answers. I have been sitting on them waiting for America to get there. Last summer I figured out… what they all are is all about political espionage. It had nothing to do with law enforcement, it was all political espionage. Here’s the bottom line. There is a deep state like a submarine working just beneath the waves of the periscope depth watching our shipping lane. And a nuclear ice breaker called the USS Bill Barr has snuck up on them and is about to ram midship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530August 22, 2019 5:52 PM

Ooops, sorry for the duplicate post.

by Anonymousreply 531August 22, 2019 5:52 PM

Wow. She cray cray.

by Anonymousreply 532August 22, 2019 6:07 PM

I don’t get it, R530. Can you explain?

by Anonymousreply 533August 22, 2019 6:12 PM

Bet the overstock share holders are thrilled with their wacko CEO! I hear shares dropped 35% because of this russian heaux f-ing lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 534August 22, 2019 6:37 PM

Song can relieve you tenseness, and butterflies flutter their wings above the locust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535August 22, 2019 6:45 PM

There's no explaining it. Just put Overstock on your Cancel list right next to CVS, In n Out Burger etc.

by Anonymousreply 536August 22, 2019 6:45 PM

In and Out Burger too ???? How? Why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537August 22, 2019 6:56 PM

USA Today:

Trump: Can your job make you attend a president's speech?

Employees can be required to attend an event like Trump's speech in Pennsylvania because, "It is, in fact, legal for employers to hold rallies of the kind that Shell held for President Trump, and to require their employees to attend and that’s a result of the Citizens United Supreme Court decision, as well as the decision of the Federal Election Commission not to take further action in some earlier cases of employer coercion,' says Alexander Hertel-Fernandez, assistant professor of international and public affairs at Columbia University and author of “Politics at Work’’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538August 22, 2019 7:18 PM

Again just imagine if Obama had said JUST ONE of Trump's ramblings. He'd have been impeached by all repubs and some Democrats would have joined in to.

The repubs are really just vile hypocritical trash and should never be taken seriously again

but you know white 'mericans. Look how quickly they voted for repubs again after Nixon's disgraceful exit. Ford finished out the term then Carter only got one and they went running back to elect Reagan

by Anonymousreply 539August 22, 2019 7:58 PM

Rethuglicans hate America.

Rethuglicans worship money and power.

That is truth.

by Anonymousreply 540August 22, 2019 8:24 PM

Rethuglicans hate America.

Rethuglicans worship money and power.

That is truth.

by Anonymousreply 541August 22, 2019 8:24 PM

[quote] And a nuclear ice breaker called the USS Bill Barr has snuck up on them and is about to ram midship.

It would be too fat to float. Barr couldn't even ram the USS La Sénatrice with her hatch wide open.

by Anonymousreply 542August 22, 2019 9:07 PM

please tell me journalists are scrambling to find out who Democrats think has interfered with them getting access to Trump's tax returns? This is a huge scandal all on its own given the lawsuit

by Anonymousreply 543August 22, 2019 10:22 PM

I think the interference was with the IRS’s routine audit of the President’s current tax return, R543. Trump, apparently, can’t tolerate even this.

by Anonymousreply 544August 22, 2019 10:28 PM

That professor is wrong. The Citizens UNited decision allows the Employer to hold rallies and to promote them in the work place. But he cannot force his employees to attend them, or face reprisals, any more than he can force them to make personal contributions. This is the United States not some authoritarian dictatorship.

by Anonymousreply 545August 22, 2019 11:36 PM

But not getting paid if you don't go to the rally is a bit of a reprisal, is it not?

by Anonymousreply 546August 22, 2019 11:39 PM

Only Trump has interfered with the release of his taxes.

by Anonymousreply 547August 22, 2019 11:39 PM

Bloomberg:

Patrick Byrne's Overstock exit came after admission he romanced Russian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548August 23, 2019 12:11 AM

Washington Post:

The Trump economy: A chaotic, contradictory response to a slowdown

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549August 23, 2019 12:20 AM

CNN:

Court pick denounced feminists, gay-rights groups and diversity efforts in 1990s, 2000s editorials

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550August 23, 2019 12:22 AM

CNN:

New poll finds most Americans don't want Trump to be impeached

The poll found that Americans are far from confident that the Senate would vote to remove Mr. Trump from office, even if the House were to pass articles of impeachment. Only 20% of Americans believe that the Senate would vote to oust the president. Nearly one third of Americans, 31%, believe that a formal impeachment process without removal would strengthen Mr. Trump's re-election bid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551August 23, 2019 12:27 AM

Moscow Turtle doesn't want to end the filibuster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552August 23, 2019 12:30 AM

Barrghazi! Barrghazi! Barrghazi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553August 23, 2019 12:45 AM

our country is fucking stupid

we really are a joke

it's frustrating

so Trump can do and continue to do so many awful, unethical and unlawful, divisive shit but he doesn't deserve to be impeached. damn

by Anonymousreply 554August 23, 2019 12:53 AM

Who said that r554?

Is Nancy Pelosi up to her usual shit again?

by Anonymousreply 555August 23, 2019 1:04 AM

R555 looking at the poll at R551

by Anonymousreply 556August 23, 2019 1:06 AM

Didn't see it r556, which should tell you something, as I put only known trolls on ignore.

As for that poll itself, no shit the Senate probably won't vote to convict and remove, they didn't in 1868 (although it was very close), or 1999 either.

I WANT Trump impeached. If all the Dems in the House vote to impeach it will happen.

by Anonymousreply 557August 23, 2019 1:12 AM

Justice Department sends briefing to immigration judges containing a link to white-supremacist website

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558August 23, 2019 2:14 AM

Washington Post:

‘It’s going to be tough’: House Democrats appear less likely to get Trump’s tax returns before 2020 election

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559August 23, 2019 2:30 AM

Do we feel Hickenlooper is a lock for Senate?

We need the Senate. And we need it by a Manchin proof majority.

by Anonymousreply 560August 23, 2019 2:53 AM

Yes, R560. The DNC really really needs to focus on the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 561August 23, 2019 4:11 AM

My money's on Colorado, Arizona, and Maine as the most likely to flip.

Hickenlooper is popular and Gardner isn't, McSally's already lost once, and Collins is more vulnerable now than she ever has been.

by Anonymousreply 562August 23, 2019 9:44 AM

But Ms. Collins isn't concerned and worried now. Ms. Graham will be campaigning with her aboard the Kavanaugh Express II choo choo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563August 23, 2019 10:47 AM

ABC:

Trump team defends 2020 campaign manager's compensation

he campaign spokesman said Parscale had made plenty of money selling startups. And Parscale has previously acknowledged that he has made sizable sums through his campaign work for Trump. He reportedly told The Daily Mail that working for the president since 2015 has made him a "wealthy man."

"I make no secret about the fact that working for the Trump family made me a wealthy man well before I ever became President Trump's campaign manager," he said, according to the tabloid. "The president is an excellent businessman, and being associated with him for years has been extremely beneficial to my family."

Parscale has varying interests in companies that do campaign work, although details about his compensation from those firms remain unclear because they're privately held.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564August 23, 2019 1:58 PM

Politico:

Trump dismisses recession warnings: 'I always find a way to win'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565August 23, 2019 2:11 PM

CBS:

Trump heading to G-7 summit after insulting allied world leaders

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566August 23, 2019 2:12 PM

That's what's so infuriating about the story R564 - While most of Trump's donors are living paycheck to paycheck, when they send in that $20, a good percentage of that is going to pay for condos, cars, and other "shiny objects" to Trump's campaign manager. This is so unethical.

by Anonymousreply 567August 23, 2019 2:16 PM

Okay, impeachment tracker seems to have gone off the rails depending on what site you're reading.

NPR says Democrats (130) + Republicans (0) + Independents (1) = Total supporters of 131

PoliticusUSA says Democrats (134) + Republicans (0) + Independents (1) = Total supporters of 135

Honestly, I trust NPR more, so that's my official barometer, but I do love that it seems to continue to grow.

by Anonymousreply 568August 23, 2019 2:21 PM

The Hill:

Trump: 'Who is our bigger enemy,' Fed chief or Chinese leader?

President Trump ripped Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell on Friday, asking whether his hand-picked Fed chief or Chinese President Xi Jinping was a more daunting threat to the U.S.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569August 23, 2019 3:18 PM

Washington Post:

Trump said doctors left operating rooms to greet him after mass shootings. Hospitals in Dayton and El Paso say that’s not true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570August 23, 2019 3:21 PM

^ At hospitals in both cities, the president claimed, “the love for me — and me, maybe, as a representative of the country — but for me — and my love for them was unparalleled. These are incredible people. But if you read the papers, it was like nobody would meet with me.”

That wasn’t true, he insisted: “Not only did they meet with me, they were pouring out of the room.”

by Anonymousreply 571August 23, 2019 3:23 PM

[quote]While most of Trump's donors are living paycheck to paycheck, when they send in that $20, a good percentage of that is going to pay for condos, cars, and other "shiny objects" to Trump's campaign manager. This is so unethical.

They have learned from Jane, Bernie, & Weaver.

by Anonymousreply 572August 23, 2019 3:28 PM

Do you think he will pick a fight with the leader of Montenegro again? Oh right they're not G7

by Anonymousreply 573August 23, 2019 3:54 PM

CNBC:

Former top FBI official Andrew McCabe, who sparred with Trump, is joining CNN as a contributor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574August 23, 2019 3:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575August 23, 2019 5:55 PM

Washington Post:

Judges surprise attorneys for Trump’s bankers by asking about his tax returns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576August 23, 2019 8:41 PM

So Trump declares he's the 'Chosen One'?

Evangelicals, get out your palm branches and find a donkey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577August 23, 2019 11:51 PM

One supposes the top three disciples are Lindsey, Bill, and Mitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578August 24, 2019 12:00 AM

If this is the new Christianity I'm now officially an atheist.

by Anonymousreply 579August 24, 2019 12:35 AM

Washington Post:

Trump ‘hereby’ orders U.S. business out of China. Can he do that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580August 24, 2019 1:56 AM

^He is the chosen one, so of course he can.

by Anonymousreply 581August 24, 2019 1:58 AM

Seth Abramson @SethAbramson · Aug 22 (THREAD) MAJOR BREAKING NEWS (CNN): Convicted Kremlin agent Maria Butina's longtime boyfriend confirms that Don Jr. met secretly with Kremlin agents for an hour during the 2015 NRA Conference in Knoxville; Don Jr. therefore lied to Congress about collusion. Please RT and read on

by Anonymousreply 582August 24, 2019 2:15 AM

Ummm. Is he about to suspend WTO? Diplomatic ties? Declare war?

Then, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 583August 24, 2019 2:30 AM

And what are they going to do about Jr?

Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 584August 24, 2019 4:48 AM

Even some of his own aides and allies were alarmed by Trump's behavior, seeing it as the flailing of a president increasingly anxious over the economy, NYT reports. They privately expressed concern he was hurting the economy and damaging his re-election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585August 24, 2019 4:49 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586August 24, 2019 4:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587August 24, 2019 4:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588August 24, 2019 4:53 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589August 24, 2019 4:56 AM

Inquiring people want to know: Does Dictator Donald’s “Order” that all Americans stop doing business in China apply to Ivanka?

by Anonymousreply 590August 24, 2019 4:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591August 24, 2019 4:59 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592August 24, 2019 5:00 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 593August 24, 2019 5:00 AM

this

by Anonymousreply 594August 24, 2019 5:00 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 595August 24, 2019 5:00 AM

out

by Anonymousreply 596August 24, 2019 5:00 AM

Link to new thread

by Anonymousreply 597August 24, 2019 5:00 AM

Below

by Anonymousreply 598August 24, 2019 5:01 AM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599August 24, 2019 5:01 AM

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 600August 24, 2019 5:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!