Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sex/affair with best friend’s husband

I don’t know what to do, or where to begin.

All of us have know one another for 20 years.

While folks consider us BFFs, the reality is just tepid friendship over the last three years.

We all work in the same related industry so we know one another’s other friends and acquaintances.

3 years ago during a happy hour I fooled around with one of my best friend’s husband. He came on to me. We sucked each other and kissed a lot in the restroom of where we were all partying.

Then at a Xmas party, same thing. Then at another industry event, same thing. Meanwhile my husband and his husband are at the same events.

Then it switched to meeting after the party we both attended at a hotel. Full on sex.

We tell each other we love one another. The passion. The chemistry. The incredible sex. We lose ourselves in each other’s eyes. It’s our world in these moments.

Six of these moments in total.

We then guiltily discuss why it will never happen again. We vow not to meet. Not to drink together.

But he then sends me iTunes songs professing his love yet denial for me.

Neither of us wants to hurt our husbands. But we both also admit to each other that the intimacy and sexual energy and vibe we give to one another is real and lacking in our current marriages.

We’re both successful. Both good looking. Both good lives. We don’t want to ruin it.

But I can’t stop thinking of him.

We met for lunch three days ago. This, after we vowed not to do this. We ended up fucking and again telling him I loved him, he feels the same.

But it’s wrong.

What do I do?

by Anonymousreply 172April 26, 2020 12:50 AM

Sending the iTunes songs was an asshole move.

by Anonymousreply 1August 2, 2019 5:17 PM

zzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 2August 2, 2019 5:18 PM

Fourgy

Quadrouple?

by Anonymousreply 3August 2, 2019 5:19 PM

So many short fictions here on DL today, streams of consciousness that run through it. *MEH*

by Anonymousreply 4August 2, 2019 5:19 PM

I promise you I am real. I am really emotionally drained. I want to leave my husband and start over with him. But there’s a lot to lose. A lot of hurt.

by Anonymousreply 5August 2, 2019 5:20 PM

Slut. Don’t you have any morals? You are living the lifestyle of a filthy guttersnipe.

by Anonymousreply 6August 2, 2019 5:21 PM

Break up with your husband, surely the passion won't deflate now that it's not taboo.

by Anonymousreply 7August 2, 2019 5:21 PM

This is why gays should never marry.

by Anonymousreply 8August 2, 2019 5:22 PM

This is too much drama for DL to handle. We'll need to resuscitate Eleanor of Aquitaine and her Court of Love to settle the question definitively.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 2, 2019 5:26 PM

Worst Person in the World

by Anonymousreply 10August 2, 2019 5:26 PM

Well the passion will eventually be over with the new guy. You have to realize that. If you are truly in love then you both should do it. You only live once. There will be collateral damage of course but it has all happened before too. You are not unique.

by Anonymousreply 11August 2, 2019 5:26 PM

Going after someone's husband for sordid sex in untold places? Sounds very Miss Lindzee-like.

by Anonymousreply 12August 2, 2019 5:26 PM

Just don't be nasty about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 2, 2019 5:32 PM

How did this happen NOW after 20 years of knowing him?

I dunno - have an affair until it burns out. And it will. If you leave, you'll wreck your whole social circle as well as your finances and everything you've built.

Not worth it. Sexy fun time, sure. But this isn't going to end well and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 14August 2, 2019 5:36 PM

First of all, drop folks and vibe.

Second, you don't care about hurting your husbands feelings, you care about fucking up your dual income / living situation / convenience or else you wouldnt have potentially ruined your relationship with him over stupid things like fucking.

by Anonymousreply 15August 2, 2019 5:37 PM

Whore!

by Anonymousreply 16August 2, 2019 5:38 PM

[quote]First of all, drop folks and vibe.

Do WHAT???

by Anonymousreply 17August 2, 2019 5:39 PM

Stop saying folks and vibe. Sounds fucking retarded

by Anonymousreply 18August 2, 2019 5:40 PM

It’s something new and forbidden. If you leave your husband, in two years you’ll be exactly where you are now with this guy.

by Anonymousreply 19August 2, 2019 5:43 PM

When my ex of 10 years broke up with me because he was having an affair, our friends dropped him. Also, just as we put our house on the market he lost his job. I bought a new home and he moved into a small rental then proceeded to spend the equity from the sale of our home. Needless to say, I bet he regrets his decision. No going back now. Sorry.

I would bet that OP has already made up his mind to continue seeing his new man.

I just saw what R19 wrote. I agree.

by Anonymousreply 20August 2, 2019 5:48 PM

R19 - actually no - worse off. They'll be the gossip of the town/industry and their husbands will smear their names everywhere - rightfully so.

The relationship will be stained because of it. So - OP - I don't see how the hell this could work out positively.

by Anonymousreply 21August 2, 2019 5:48 PM

Sounds like a good time to me.

by Anonymousreply 22August 2, 2019 5:49 PM

Well at least you're both good-looking.

by Anonymousreply 23August 2, 2019 5:54 PM

If there were any justice in the universe, you’d be shoveling shit in hell.

by Anonymousreply 24August 2, 2019 6:03 PM

R14, that’s just it. He is everything for me superficially. Our passion is undeniable. We can’t seem to keep our hands off each other when we meet.

But we’re all long standing friends. This “affair” has now lasted 3 years and 6 hook ups. Hardly a slut.

I want him. I love the sex with him. I love him as a person. He also gets me.

But it will hurt our husbands. A lot.

But people move on.

Or do I just accept there’s no intimacy or passion with our husbands and just suck it up and settle for what’s already a gifted life?

by Anonymousreply 25August 2, 2019 6:04 PM

Just 6 hook ups in three years?

Start hooking up 3 times a week - you’ll both be over it in six months

by Anonymousreply 26August 2, 2019 6:24 PM

What R26 said - you're fantasizing too much. 1 hookup every 6 months is almost a discretionable pass in a LTR. How about trying to get the passion back into your relationship? You're probably around your partner far too much.

Take some time apart from your partner - separate vacations or whatever. Take some classes.

You're just bored and filling a fantasy life based on 6 hookups?

by Anonymousreply 27August 2, 2019 6:41 PM

OP, have you and he talked about the 'what ifs' you're thinking about? Leaving your current spouses, breaking up two homes? The carnage is going to outweigh the carnality in any cost/benefit analysis. You REALLY ready for that? Is he? Is he even on that same train of thought? If not get the fucking out of your systems, discreetly, and let the rest go on unscathed.

Just based off of what you'd said about what's lacking in both relationships how do you know that both husbands aren't doing the same?

What are the ages of the parties involved? Roughly?

by Anonymousreply 28August 2, 2019 6:47 PM

Don't confuse being in love with being in lust.

by Anonymousreply 29August 2, 2019 6:53 PM

OP, you deserve to live again. To love again.

by Anonymousreply 30August 2, 2019 6:58 PM

"We all work in the same related industry so we know one another’s other friends and acquaintances. "

There's an old saying, OP, and it goes... "DON'T SHIT WHERE YOU EAT".

Do I have to explain it to you?

by Anonymousreply 31August 2, 2019 7:22 PM

🙄

Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 32August 2, 2019 7:55 PM

OP, you no longer have sex with your husband?

by Anonymousreply 33August 2, 2019 7:59 PM

It’s called an act of will. Stop fooling around with the other guy. Start working on your relationship with your husband. Get couples counseling if needed. Be an adult. Make it work.

In one year or so, if things are not better, begin a discussion with your husband about what to do. And if you end by breaking, begin the slow search for someone who (unlike your friend) would never cheat on his husband.

by Anonymousreply 34August 2, 2019 8:06 PM

You won't make us complicit in your illicit behavior.

by Anonymousreply 35August 2, 2019 8:09 PM

-3/10.

And stick with either it being your best friend or a tepid friendship.

by Anonymousreply 36August 2, 2019 8:10 PM

The only solution is for you to wear this on your chest, you filthy trollop!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 2, 2019 8:11 PM

I think there is a prior thread on this topic....exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 38August 2, 2019 8:23 PM

For fuck's sake, grow up! Just do what tons of married couples do: Stay with your husband, don't overdo it with your affair (hook up with him once in a while but keep it under control), compartmentalize, and drop the fucking drama. You and your lover have a good arrangement; just enjoy it, nobody will tell, nobody will get hurt, unless you provoke it. Appreciate it as the thing it is and, at the same time, (re-)learn to appreciate the patience, love, commitment, and stability that your husband gives you.

Also: Make up your fucking mind! You're a whore, darling! Either you own it and learn to control your conscience, or you follow your conscience and learn to control your passions.

by Anonymousreply 39August 2, 2019 8:46 PM

You should immediately leave your husband. It's the decent thing to do.

I've been your husband. Mine cheated on me for years and I found out because one of his boyfriends told me. So, no matter what you do - you're wrecking somebody's life and it's fun for you because "you're in love". And everything's all about you. But you still have an obligation to be a man about it and end it like a man. You want out? Pack your shit and get out. Give your husband a chance to start over, after he's spent a good year getting over your betrayal of his trust and love.

But here's a little advice: once a cheater, always a cheater. In a couple of years, you're going to find yourself on the receiving end of the cheatball. Your new love will get bored and start hooking up with a new best friend for hot sex. And you deserve the betrayal, you cunt.

by Anonymousreply 40August 2, 2019 9:07 PM

If he does it with you, he’ll do it to you.

by Anonymousreply 41August 2, 2019 9:26 PM

What R39 said. or confess and let the dicks fall where they may. Plus, see a therapist, you have issues.

by Anonymousreply 42August 2, 2019 9:30 PM

OP = Simon Halls.

Tsk. Tsk.

by Anonymousreply 43August 2, 2019 9:35 PM

Oh honey, OP. If you are both good looking and successful, you can dump the current husbands and be with each other without too much trouble.

by Anonymousreply 44August 2, 2019 9:39 PM

Have the affair - cheat twice a year. Sex will be great. Don’t take videos of it.

by Anonymousreply 45August 2, 2019 9:43 PM

[quote] First of all, drop folks and vibe.

R15 I just need to know what in the holy FUCK this means and why anyone would say this in any context ever?

OP, the relationship between all four of you is based on lies. I could care less what you do either way as you only seem concerned with yourself.

by Anonymousreply 46August 2, 2019 9:49 PM

R46 this was answered by R18. Stop using the words ‘folks’ and ‘vibe’.

OP, despite what some guys have said here, you’re not a slut. You’re a DUMB slut, which is quite a different thing.

by Anonymousreply 47August 2, 2019 10:29 PM

R47 Got it! And I concur! There is nothing worse than word folks!

by Anonymousreply 48August 2, 2019 10:46 PM

^ Except a lying spouse who makes a fool out of you

by Anonymousreply 49August 2, 2019 10:46 PM

^ And guys who send iTunes songs professing their love🙄

by Anonymousreply 50August 2, 2019 10:47 PM

I think I'm in love with R39. But I won't cheat on my BF to be with him.

by Anonymousreply 51August 2, 2019 10:55 PM

Since there is no mention of pets or children, you should end your lousy excuse of a marriage. You profess your love of another man here, and to him as well. You are being emotionally dishonest and remain married just for the prizes and conveniences. Really this is worse than a one off or a slight indiscretion in which one may realise was a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 52August 2, 2019 11:00 PM

EST -

by Anonymousreply 53August 2, 2019 11:07 PM

R53 What does EST stand for?

by Anonymousreply 54August 2, 2019 11:12 PM

Extra Sexy Titties, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 55August 2, 2019 11:18 PM

Oh, ffs. 2/10

Try harder.

by Anonymousreply 56August 2, 2019 11:18 PM

I know the last word is troll. What is ES?

by Anonymousreply 57August 2, 2019 11:22 PM

Stop with the soap opera grade drama, OP. Own up to what you and everyone else involved in this pseudo drama are: sex/loved starved assholes, trying to have it both ways, a hot side piece on the one hand and domestic, wedded bliss on the other. That the two of you have professed your "love" for each other after two sex sessions shows what emotional retards both of you really are.

And even in gay open relationships, you've crossed the proverbial line with your profession of love for the other "woman." If your present husband cut you loose this very moment, you'd and your present boy toy would grow bored with each other before the day has ended because you're both adrenaline/drama junkies.

by Anonymousreply 58August 2, 2019 11:25 PM

R54 Elaborate Scenario Troll

by Anonymousreply 59August 2, 2019 11:31 PM

EST = Elaborate Scenario Troll

by Anonymousreply 60August 2, 2019 11:31 PM

Thank you, Kind Sirs! 😘

by Anonymousreply 61August 2, 2019 11:41 PM

“We lose ourselves in each other’s eyes” Really? Do ya tho’??

by Anonymousreply 62August 2, 2019 11:49 PM

I'm sure your best friend knows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 3, 2019 12:13 AM

OP is whore and as such deserves to wear the Scarlet Letter !!! [bold]A[/bold]dulteress !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 3, 2019 12:22 AM

Agreed, drop folks and vibe.

by Anonymousreply 65August 3, 2019 1:27 AM

What R19 said.

Times ten million.

by Anonymousreply 66August 3, 2019 1:31 AM

I am a firm believer in passion. In most relationships, that passion fades after about 2 years. It sucks, but this is why I think it's better to remain single and just have brief relationships.

However, I do believe that if you're that unhappy in your current relationship, there is no reason to stay. If you're lacking intimacy or sex, get out. The fact that you had to have an affair to realize this is where you fucked up. Leave your husband, but also stop seeing the other guy for at least a year. Once you're single, you'll be in a better place to decide if you're really in love with the other guy. But please, leave your husband. He deserves someone who loves him and you clearly don't.

by Anonymousreply 67August 3, 2019 1:43 AM

I don't thing EST applies to OP. There is no 'elaborate scenario' in place just the same old overplayed song...from iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 68August 3, 2019 2:01 AM

See you all later. Off to drop folks. Not sure I'll have time to vibe.

by Anonymousreply 69August 3, 2019 2:22 AM

Divorce your husband, OP. If you'd only messed around and moved on, I would suggest couples counseling. But, since you've developed feelings for someone else along with sleeping with him, your marriage is over.

People who believe that they can 'reignite the passion' after their husband does both of those, are fools. The chance to do so, passed long ago. You know it in your heart, OP.

Be an adult and do the adult thing, now. If things are meant to be with the other guy, he'll be there for you down the line. Either way, your marriage is over.

by Anonymousreply 70August 3, 2019 2:35 AM

"Drop folks and vibe" makes me LOL.

by Anonymousreply 71August 3, 2019 2:50 AM

How big is his dick, OP?

by Anonymousreply 72August 3, 2019 3:01 AM

Both of you -- at once -- leave your husbands, the marriages are over. Each o you -- at once -- get separate apartments. Establish your single life. Have no contact with your husbands. Then date your new heart's desire, prepare to move together.. Just do it.

by Anonymousreply 73August 3, 2019 3:02 AM

OP, the cat who ate the mouse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 3, 2019 3:04 AM

Be honest with yourself. You're in love after 6 hook-ups over a three year time period? Really? Or just living a fantasy? Or wanting out of your relationship?

I feel sorry for your husband. He can do better than you, I'm sure. And you're hanging onto him because of possessions and what people will say. If a friend came to you with this story, what would you advise him??

by Anonymousreply 75August 3, 2019 3:53 AM

Disgusting

by Anonymousreply 76August 3, 2019 3:58 AM

OP, does your best friend's husband feel tormented, as you seem to feel? Is your best friend's husband seeing other people besides you (and his husband, of course)? I wouldn't be so sure that you are the only man he's seeing (outside of his marriage).

Any person that you eat, sleep, etc., with 24/7 is going to seem mundane at some point. Do you really want to cause your husband this much hurt? Get a divorce or commit to your marriage. It's really pathetic to hang on like this to the "sure thing" and have your bi-yearly fantasy man filling in the "gaps" in your marriage.

by Anonymousreply 77August 3, 2019 5:47 AM

You're not in love. The forbidden aspect is fueling the fire.

by Anonymousreply 78August 3, 2019 6:01 AM

What R78 said.

TIMES A ZILLION.

If you were an actual couple, you would be bored as hell.

by Anonymousreply 79August 3, 2019 6:06 AM

[quote]I feel sorry for your husband. He can do better than you, I'm sure. And you're hanging onto him because of possessions and what people will say.

It's glaringly obvious that the OP doesn't give two shits about his husband's feelings at all - he barely mentions that aspect of things. His main worry seems to be the loss of his lifestyle and what the two of them have accumulated together - but the man himself barely registers as a loss. What an asshole.

(The OP is almost certainly an EST, but just in case...)

by Anonymousreply 80August 3, 2019 7:00 AM

What if a social disease is brought into the marriage bed??

by Anonymousreply 81August 3, 2019 7:02 AM

[quote]We lose ourselves in each other’s eyes.

So you’re at the Debbie Gibson stage of your crush, acting like a love-starved 15-year-old suburban schoolgirl.

Just wait til the next boy band hits it big, you’ll outgrow the 6-timer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 3, 2019 7:41 AM

You're a terrible person Op leave your poor husband so he can find someone who isn't a treacherous slut.

by Anonymousreply 83August 3, 2019 7:56 AM

OP here. This isn’t an EST.

The other guy has said repeatedly it’s just me. I believe him.

We are both torn up. We want to be with each other but we’re so afraid of hurting the husbands.

But the passion is gone in the marriages. Completely opposite when I’m with this man.

The last encounter was like this: We will juste discuss work. We will not fool around. After the 2nd hour, we were full on fucking in the men’s room.

Then the guilt.

But I think of him, he thinks of me.

Is it worth it? You can judge but I know it’s not right. I just can’t help it.

by Anonymousreply 84August 3, 2019 12:24 PM

OP, if this really isn't an EST, I recommend therapy.

Therapy isn't an admission of guilt or any sort of brokenness. It's an objective person, who will push and prod you a bit about the reality of the situation.

I'm sure this all feels like the solution is right there in front of you - just break up with the old one, get together with the new one. But I suspect, as I said in R78, that the forbidden aspects of the relationship are making it feel exciting, fresh and alive.

The question for me isn't so much your interest in the forbidden husband. The question is: why were you still with your husband? Were you floating with the familiar, using him until you found something better? Did you ever talk to him about how you felt, that you felt that your relationship was stalled or over?

If you leave your husband, it should be very separate from pursuing a relationship with the other guy.

I bet diamonds to dollars that if you were to leave your husband, and told Forbidden Husband that he'd have to wait 90 days until you agreed to more sex and/or pursuing a relationship, his interest would suddenly redirect/vanish/disappear. Or he and his husband would have a miraculous renaissance.

Therapy, OP. It's cheaper than divorce, DUIs or moving twice in a year.

by Anonymousreply 85August 3, 2019 2:30 PM

What about going to couples counseling with the Illicit Paramour, first ... to officially talk about any future, and where things may be headed?

Then go see a lawyer together, for advise as to how involved the divorces and separations of property would be.

Examining these facts professionally might make one or both of you see the possible outcomes anew.

by Anonymousreply 86August 3, 2019 2:52 PM

OP here.

Thanks for the comments. I know I deserve most of them.

Husband has known that I’m dissatisfied with intimacy, sex, that in your face attraction. We’ve seen a therapist. But I quit after 9 sessions.

So, my husband has known for 2 years now. I’ve cheated on him several times. He now knows since I confessed. We then opened the relationship with 3 ways and 4 ways. So now it’s ”don’t ask, don’t tell or ask and then accept the answer”. So since then, I’ve been with 5 other men. But ... I keep going back to the one who is the subject of the thread. Even knowing it’s bad.

Am I just starved for excitement? Is my life just too convenient? Successful. Healthy (thankfully). (Superficially) very handsome, too.

My husband is my best friend. It’s a long relationship. I do love him. But I crave this excitement.

We go on trips multiple times, have no stress or worries, good group of friends.

This is my dilemma. All of those reasons.

by Anonymousreply 87August 3, 2019 3:09 PM

[quote]r87 I keep going back to the one who is the subject of the thread. Even knowing it’s bad.

Well, it sounds like the "bad" thing is betraying your "best friend". If your husband already accepts that you're out whoring on the side, then it's the state of your friend's marriage that's the bump in the road.

This is what must be considered, and dealt with. As adults, and as Americans.

by Anonymousreply 88August 3, 2019 3:18 PM

Similar situation here, OP. I am happy in my marriage of 18 years, but affection and sex with each other waxes and wanes. During the valley times, I hook up with other guys. Therapy has helped me understand the "why" of my behavior without judgment. The thrill of noncommittal, casual encounters is powerful. While I have a couple "regulars," I do not have emotional attachment to them. This is where we differ.

Go seek therapy by yourself. It won't help your friend's marriage, but it might help you contextualize and understand yours.

by Anonymousreply 89August 3, 2019 3:21 PM

What a conundrum!

by Anonymousreply 90August 3, 2019 4:23 PM

OP people will be hurt but that's life. Be kind to your husband at this moment, break up with him nicely, be kind during the coming months, even if he is angry or vindictive. But you need to move on. Many times couples set up like you and your hot "mistress" won't last, but sometimes they will! It doesn't matter. You're not getting any younger.

by Anonymousreply 91August 3, 2019 4:37 PM

This. Never. Happened.

by Anonymousreply 92August 3, 2019 4:45 PM

r92, wrong.

This is killing me inside. But I can’t stop thinking about him.

And I know I’m fucking up a good life.

Hence the indecision, even here.

by Anonymousreply 93August 3, 2019 4:55 PM

In OP's next installment, the lover will propose marriage after plotting to take out the BFF / Wife.

by Anonymousreply 94August 3, 2019 4:58 PM

Why are these posts so tedious, boring and stale? OP could not throw in something we have not seen? Throw us a bone next time.

by Anonymousreply 95August 3, 2019 5:03 PM

If you have an open relationship, why the guilt? If you're seriously unhappy, leave. If not, keep seeing him on the side.

by Anonymousreply 96August 3, 2019 5:12 PM

Mary MacGregor knows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 3, 2019 5:13 PM

Eddie left Debbie for Elizabeth and look how that turned out.

They’re all dead.

by Anonymousreply 98August 3, 2019 5:22 PM

Your posts, OP, read to me of obsession with rather than love for the side piece.

I vote with others that you go to therapy yourself. Because, in my limited experience, obsessive thinking is not love and, by your age, you should be more self-aware of that tendency in you.

It probably won't, but I hope it does work out for you, guy.

by Anonymousreply 99August 3, 2019 5:39 PM

You don’t love him. This is new and fun— you lust him.

Keep having sex every few months. That’s enough

by Anonymousreply 100August 3, 2019 6:20 PM

Could you go on a reality show where you switch spouses for a weekend? Then you could just blame it all on that.

And the other pair might fall in love, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 3, 2019 6:49 PM

对于移动游戏市场销售收入增长的原因,伽马数据分析称,第一,老产品表现稳定。例如,《王者荣耀》、《梦幻西游》等产品流水依然稳定;第二,新游戏爆款品的推动。比如,《完美世界》、《和平精英》等游戏首月测算流水均达10亿元左右。

by Anonymousreply 102August 3, 2019 6:58 PM

Is the wronged husband Chinese, and now ranting here?

by Anonymousreply 103August 3, 2019 7:11 PM

R101 is on to something. Can you just all get high one night and swap partners?

by Anonymousreply 104August 3, 2019 7:37 PM

[quote] Husband has known that I’m dissatisfied with intimacy, sex, that in your face attraction. We’ve seen a therapist. But I quit after 9 sessions.

OP, why did you quit after 9 sessions? Sounds like you are having your cake and eating it, too, in your open relationship. But now you want more than the open relationship. You want to be married to the best friend's husband. Its' obvious the thrill will wane when you and he are free to do whatever you want, whenever you want.

by Anonymousreply 105August 3, 2019 7:39 PM

Is he a top? If so, keep him

by Anonymousreply 106August 3, 2019 7:55 PM

This is getting stranger and funnier by the minute. Chinese spouse is PISSED! This is bordering on a Lifetime plot now to be sure. They usually do not have gay content, but last night I saw "A Lover Scorned" which had a nice bisexual double-cross.

by Anonymousreply 107August 3, 2019 9:29 PM

[quote] Throw us a bone next time.

Gurl, he's saving that for his side piece!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 3, 2019 10:20 PM

This OP is absolutely a troll, we were alerted in the “melancholy” thread. He makes up a whole new story over there.

by Anonymousreply 109August 3, 2019 10:46 PM

Fuck you r109. I’m not a troll. All true. I was just looking for advice.

You jealous twat (although I wouldn’t want anyone to experience this indecision)

by Anonymousreply 110August 3, 2019 10:47 PM

OP is clearly one of those insufferable people who thrive on drama and actively creat drama where there is non

by Anonymousreply 111August 3, 2019 10:50 PM

I wouldn't want anyone to experience this indecision, but having their partner fuck around on them behind their back? I'm okay with that.

by Anonymousreply 112August 4, 2019 12:14 AM

No OP, fuck YOU.

Explain the utter lack of continuity between the two threads!!! It sounds two completely different people?? WTF! You are fucked in the head if you think this is ok to do. Also, you are posting multiple threads on an anonymous board about your marriage, psychological health, continuing an affair, moving out, but you silo different parts of your life in each thread topic?!?!?! So one thread you talk all about your lover, another, no mention that you’re obsessed with your lover and your spouse??? Explain yourself now that you’re outed!!!

You have caused yourself to lose credibility by doing that OP — it makes you look like a big fat liar. In the other thread you stated you were formally diagnosed as having ADHD and narcissistic. Do you see how narcissistic it is of you to keep starting threads about me me me me me?!?!? You are RIDICULOUS.

by Anonymousreply 113August 4, 2019 12:17 AM

Here is OP’s other thread. Troll or no? Yay or nay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 4, 2019 12:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 4, 2019 12:40 AM

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 116August 4, 2019 12:45 AM

The plot thickens...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 4, 2019 12:46 AM

[quote]r113 You have caused yourself to lose credibility by doing that OP — it makes you look like a big fat liar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 4, 2019 12:58 AM

Okay, I am not spending another second on this BS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 4, 2019 1:07 AM

OP, I feel sorry for your partner. You're a douchebag and a coward, dspecially if he is faithful to you. Seems he could have done better than you.

When it hits the fan --and it will-- you deserve to end up on your face.

by Anonymousreply 120August 4, 2019 1:09 AM

The last few posts on this thread, and especially the psychic's prediction on the linked thread are cracking me up. Thanks for the laughs DL.

by Anonymousreply 121August 4, 2019 1:10 AM

Goddam OP, you're melodramatic. You broke your wedding vows, bitch. Own it, you're a cheater. Who cares what you do next?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 4, 2019 1:20 AM

for r119

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 4, 2019 1:21 AM

"My psychiatrist said I'm a narcissist, so I fired him."

by Anonymousreply 124August 4, 2019 1:36 AM

Everyone here ought to read R44 's post in the related thread for a good laugh if he hasn't already. Priceless.

by Anonymousreply 125August 4, 2019 1:39 AM

A narcissist with ADHD.

by Anonymousreply 126August 4, 2019 1:06 PM

He keeps getting distracted by other dick in the room.

by Anonymousreply 127August 4, 2019 1:06 PM

Each time the OP posts again he manages to brag some more.

by Anonymousreply 128August 9, 2019 3:01 PM

[quote]We tell each other we love one another. The passion. The chemistry. The incredible sex. We lose ourselves in each other’s eyes. It’s our world in these moments.

We deluded ourselves and tell each other it's more than boredom sex. The platitudes. The insipid cliches. We lose ourselves in the vomitous drivel we spout. It's our sad world in these moments.

by Anonymousreply 129August 9, 2019 3:16 PM

Humble bragging, attention seeking and omitting important details are all part of the narcissist’s game.

by Anonymousreply 130August 9, 2019 3:37 PM

The best part about this is the narcissism & ADHD diagnosis

by Anonymousreply 131August 9, 2019 3:47 PM

OP loved the drama of keeping important details to himself, like waiting until R87 to casually mention that he and his husband have been in therapy and they have an open relationship.

by Anonymousreply 132August 9, 2019 4:49 PM

OP here. Some of you are fucking hilariously idiotic.

Can’t one post two threads? Two threads. This one and the other about what I *can* do, move with spouse to anywhere and start anew.

How can you not correlate the two? I don’t want to leave my husband, yet I’m dissatisfied and bored.

You all need to get your own lives if you think I’m fake.

I’m typing this on my iPhone right now in a major city on my roof terrace. My husband is at work and I’m home waiting on our new dining table to arrive. I also have my dog walking around me.

But I’ve logged in again since it happened. Again.

The other man texted me asking to meet for coffee or drinks. I said yes and I told him I would make reservations.

He met me at the Four Seasons. I arrived 15 or so minutes late and there he was. The host and the diners and staff looked and smiled at us when, during the dinner, I kissed him a few times and we ran our hands over legs etc. That kind of thing. Respectful.

I excused myself to use the men’s room and instead I went to the front desk and got a room. A little drunk, I walked back to him, kissed him when I noticed he had paid the bill, and told him to follow me for a nightcap somewhere. He followed me into the elevator and once the door closed, he attacked me with kisses.

Once in the room, clothes came off and we fucked for 2 hours. It was incredible. He, not me, even joked how intelligent and beautiful our kid would be if we wanted one. Whose sperm we would use. That kind of pillow talk but still referencing how wrong this is, etc. I dressed and told him I needed to get home by midnight, the time I told my husband I would be home from meeting w friend.

My other man looked at me, still naked, and said he feels like a hooker. He then grabbed me and threw me back on the bed, ripped my clothes off and we fucked again. Then I left. I went home and crawled into bed with my husband and we watched a late night show together.

The next day, my lover texts how awful we are. We each say it can never happen again.

I don’t want it to happen again. I don’t.

But if he texts, I’m fairly certain I would meet him. But I don’t want to do that.

by Anonymousreply 133September 5, 2019 3:31 PM

[quote]one of my best friend’s husband.

One of my best friends' husbands.

That is the part of your story that bothered me the most.

by Anonymousreply 134September 5, 2019 3:35 PM

[quote]What do I do?

Defenestration. Of yourself, of course.

by Anonymousreply 135September 5, 2019 3:39 PM

The post at R133 is just so fucking fake, the way it's written - florid, like one of those frau m/m romances. Nobody who's relating an actual lived experience in a post writes about it in that sort of style. That's the way you write fiction.

Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 136September 5, 2019 3:51 PM

OP here. It happened as I described.

by Anonymousreply 137September 5, 2019 3:58 PM

It will really hurt when one of you is willing to leave the husband but the other isn't.

by Anonymousreply 138September 5, 2019 4:07 PM

Sure, your best friend's husband would take a cheap whore like you to the Four Seasons. You seem like a Red Roof Inn slut to me.

by Anonymousreply 139September 5, 2019 7:47 PM

Propose a polyamorous marriage for all four of you. You may have to become Mormon.

by Anonymousreply 140September 5, 2019 9:22 PM

R18. It sounds gibberish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 5, 2019 9:46 PM

R98 You sound like Nancy Mitford.

by Anonymousreply 142September 5, 2019 10:01 PM

I have this horrible feeling that OP is either Shark or Bee.

by Anonymousreply 143September 5, 2019 10:08 PM

OP thinks his affair is a lot more interesting than it is. This is a mistake many of us make about our own lives.

by Anonymousreply 144September 5, 2019 10:09 PM

'Drop folks and vibe' is gibberish.

by Anonymousreply 145September 5, 2019 10:22 PM

Keep sneaking around until you get caught. It's inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 146September 5, 2019 10:26 PM

Op just repeated the plot line of Grace and Frankie.

by Anonymousreply 147September 5, 2019 11:26 PM

You big slut! You !!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148September 5, 2019 11:52 PM

So are you here for advice, or to brag, OP?

Your “problem” is boring.

by Anonymousreply 149September 7, 2019 2:51 PM

OP deserves anal herpes

by Anonymousreply 150September 8, 2019 3:21 AM

OP deserves anal herpes

by Anonymousreply 151September 8, 2019 3:22 AM

"I promise you I am real. I am really emotionally drained. I want to leave my husband and start over with him. But there’s a lot to lose. A lot of hurt."

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 152September 8, 2019 3:27 AM

Mary indeed, R152. All OP needs is a poignant soundtrack ballad and the wind ruffling his hair softly as a single tear courses down his cheek.

I wonder if we can read it on Amazon Prime for free?

by Anonymousreply 153September 8, 2019 4:39 AM

Notice that OP has yet to give their ages.

If they’ve known each other for 20 years, they must be in their 40s, minimum. I know that isn’t old, but all this gaga lust and sex is happening? LOL The whole thing is laughable. I continue to read the thread because it’s such a trainwreck.

OP, your prose sounds like you’re an 8th grader pretending to be F. Scott Fitzgerald.

It’s all so, so bad. Usually guys who make up this shit give up after awhile. I do give you credit for continuing on and for pretending you’re pissed off with negative comments.

by Anonymousreply 154September 8, 2019 5:00 AM

Is this "Grace & Frankie"?

by Anonymousreply 155September 10, 2019 2:54 PM

Make your friend fall in love with you too, or at least make him attracted to you. That way you guys can have threesomes/foursomes and nobody feels guilty.

by Anonymousreply 156September 10, 2019 3:03 PM

Keep cheating for the passion/great sex and how good it makes you both feel until it eventually dies out, but be more discreet about it. Don’t divorce your husband, divorces can bankrupt a person. Don’t fuck up a good thing just for this one moment, but don’t neglect the moment just because of guilt.

by Anonymousreply 157September 10, 2019 3:08 PM

OP, don’t text. Use an app to message each other where the texts disappear. That way it’s harder to get caught. Think about it, whenever a cheating spouse gets caught, it’s always because of the texts.

by Anonymousreply 158September 10, 2019 3:13 PM

There's only one choice for you and your friend's husband Op murder-suicide.

by Anonymousreply 159September 10, 2019 4:22 PM

Fuck "folks" and "vibe", then.

by Anonymousreply 160September 10, 2019 11:51 PM

Loretta knows how you feel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161September 11, 2019 12:16 AM

They'll ruin your reputation! They'll label you a flirt! The way they talk about you They'll turn your name to dirt, oh!

by Anonymousreply 162September 11, 2019 12:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163September 11, 2019 12:34 AM

Why stay in a relationship you've ruined with deceit? It's no favor to your husband. Rip off the band-aid and free him from your fake marriage.

by Anonymousreply 164September 13, 2019 4:12 PM

I'm going to be constructive here: OP, you should kill yourself.

by Anonymousreply 165September 13, 2019 7:04 PM

How did this turn out, OP?

by Anonymousreply 166October 15, 2019 4:19 PM

[quote] While folks consider us BFFs, the reality is just tepid friendship over the last three years.

This was the most mysterious part of the post.

"Tepid frirendship"???

by Anonymousreply 167October 15, 2019 4:33 PM

Trapped in a loveless marriage. Not enjoying his penthouse one little bit. Wanting to be Linda Hamilton on the road to Mexico. Or so he said on the other thread.

Trapped also by his lust. No one should have to bear this indecision. This fever of the loins. This raging desire.

Trapped also by his awful writing style. A style of short paragraphs. Made of short sentences. And fragments. Marred also by cliches. He has a pen of brass. What to do? Keep writing, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 168October 15, 2019 4:50 PM

r168, fuck you.

And so it continues by the way.

But we’re quarantining so just texts and messages.

What to do ?

by Anonymousreply 169April 25, 2020 11:33 PM

The surprise ending will be that your husbands run off together, OP.

by Anonymousreply 170April 25, 2020 11:38 PM

Op gets Covid-19 and confesses to the affair on his death bed at which point his husband pulls the plug. The End

by Anonymousreply 171April 25, 2020 11:49 PM

Who knows, OP. Your husband might be fucking your best friend.

Your body language can’t deceive anyone. Since you’re so mutually attracted to each other, your husband and best friend are suspicious. They might not say anything, thereby taking the “don’t ask, don’t tell” approach. They may have their own secrets and they won’t upset the status quo.

Ask yourself, are you better off with your husband or without him?

by Anonymousreply 172April 26, 2020 12:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!