Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Crowd chants 'Send her back' when Trump mentions Rep. Omar at rally

The new "Lock her up." Because of course they'd go even lower.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182September 18, 2019 9:45 PM

He’s such a fucking piece of dog shit.

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2019 12:40 AM

r1 signed.

by Anonymousreply 2July 18, 2019 12:44 AM

But I want to know Sen. Omar's parents arrived.

by Anonymousreply 3July 18, 2019 12:46 AM

[quote] Crowd chants 'Send her back'

Were they talking about Melania?

by Anonymousreply 4July 18, 2019 12:56 AM

That rotten motherfucker is putting her life at risk. I cannot even begin to describe how much I hate him. He is vile.

by Anonymousreply 5July 18, 2019 1:01 AM

And the race hasn't even properly started yet. Imagine all the horrors yet to come...

by Anonymousreply 6July 18, 2019 1:04 AM

The basket of deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 7July 18, 2019 1:21 AM

How about we give an English test to both her and Melania and deport the lower-scoring one?

by Anonymousreply 8July 18, 2019 1:23 AM

He went after Pete at the rally as well. Behold the ravings of a dotarded lunatic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2019 1:27 AM

God I hate these years.

by Anonymousreply 10July 18, 2019 1:30 AM

I just looked at the comments on Omar's Instagram page. I wish I hadn't. It's all deplorables spouting off the most openly racist and threatening things imaginable. Trump is going to lead this country into a full-blown race war. He and his supporters won't be happy until blacks and Muslims are being killed in the streets.

by Anonymousreply 11July 18, 2019 1:30 AM

You know, if you examine her objectively, she really is a very hateful person. No offense to anyone who likes that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 12July 18, 2019 1:33 AM

r10 & r11 You know, at first I thought it might be useful for this hidden pus of racism and xenophobia to be exposed to the light of day with the help of Trump. But this is getting quite out of hand now. And I thought we were beyond all that after Obama's election...

by Anonymousreply 13July 18, 2019 1:37 AM

It's fine for his base, they're all racists anyway and so pathetic that they have to blame immigrants for the failures of achievement in their own lives.

It's not fine for the vast majority of the country. I hope he continues down this road. Obviously it's hateful and wrong, it's also a losing strategy.

by Anonymousreply 14July 18, 2019 1:42 AM

When Trump’s reckoning is handed down it should not be in the form of any kind of engagement.

No conversations for him to highjack.

No accusations for him to deny.

No back and forth at all.

Simply abject humiliation.

An avalanche of failures, lies, treasonous acts, physical statistics, bank defaults, abuses, schoolmate recollections, instructor evaluations, one after another after another after another...

by Anonymousreply 15July 18, 2019 1:43 AM

LOL...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 18, 2019 1:44 AM

The only way that Republicans could ever redeem themselves is by removing Trump from office-- I do not care how it's done, it needs to be done NOW.

by Anonymousreply 17July 18, 2019 1:48 AM

R17, let them dig themselves into an even bigger hole. They're going to have a lot to answer about after Trump leaves office.

by Anonymousreply 18July 18, 2019 1:49 AM

Seriously, how can George Conway stay married to Keyllanne? What kind of conversations do they have around the dinner table?

by Anonymousreply 19July 18, 2019 1:50 AM

Disgusting

by Anonymousreply 20July 18, 2019 1:52 AM

R19. Do they have aggressive hate fucks?

by Anonymousreply 21July 18, 2019 1:52 AM

We beat Fascism in WWII. We can do it again.

by Anonymousreply 22July 18, 2019 1:53 AM

r9 Pete's response to Trump's taunts (he's in Nashville today):

[quote]Lately, he’s been trying to get my attention. Poor guy. President of the United States, trying to get the attention of a 30-something year old mayor from Indiana, that tells you something. Poor fella.

George Conway approves of Pete's comeback:

[quote]he knows how to do this

by Anonymousreply 23July 18, 2019 1:54 AM

If any executive spoke to an employee in any company they would been out the door long ago. I hope they sue his ass under current laws.

by Anonymousreply 24July 18, 2019 1:55 AM

R12 Well, you know there's some truth to what Herr Hitler says. Jews do control financing, and homosexuals are genetically defective. (heard in Munich, 1933)

by Anonymousreply 25July 18, 2019 1:57 AM

R15 They will have to put a protective barrier around the location of his grave someday because so many people will want to piss or spit on it.

by Anonymousreply 26July 18, 2019 1:58 AM

We, Democrats, are more motivated. Suburban white women - fraus, if you will- have had it with this disgusting show. Soccer moms will be the key to 2020. To be so overtly racist is crossing a line. It feels different this time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 18, 2019 2:05 AM

even the Reagan years were not that deplorable

by Anonymousreply 28July 18, 2019 2:08 AM

r28 Reagan's "silent majority" is finally opening its mouth. And what's coming out of it is America's sewage.

by Anonymousreply 29July 18, 2019 2:10 AM

Deplorables be us.

by Anonymousreply 30July 18, 2019 2:16 AM

It was Nixon's Silent Majority and he failed to point out the fact that it is actually a euphemism for the dead. He meant it in the same way Putin's Agent Orange means it, the exploitation of dumb, poor white people for fascist ends.

by Anonymousreply 31July 18, 2019 2:18 AM

They're test marketing at this stage. I think if he sees enough pushback he will withdraw. The media MUST keep up the pressure and the outrage. Yes the Media. They absolutely cannot debate whether he is a racist. He is. And they need to keep pushing that. Trump and the GOP must see that their support is eroding. Otherwise he will build on it. He needs to be told.

by Anonymousreply 32July 18, 2019 2:22 AM

President Lyndon B. Johnson once said, "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 18, 2019 2:22 AM

The chant is entirely orchestrated. Notice he waits for the chant, likely started by a small group instructed to do so, then like the retarded lemmings they are, the rest of the trumpanzees follow blindly....

by Anonymousreply 34July 18, 2019 2:27 AM

Christ, it's July 2019 and we're at fucking 11 already. What the hell are they going to be chanting a year from now?!

by Anonymousreply 35July 18, 2019 2:34 AM

Frankly, I think that Omar bitch is a fucking cunt and after all the anti-Semitic, pro-terrorist crap she's spewed---I wouldn't mind seeing her ass shipped back to Somalia. So there!

by Anonymousreply 36July 18, 2019 2:44 AM

Who cares, R35? The point is that they are weak and stupid. They are losers led by a Billion Dollar Loser.

What they chant in a year is irrelevant. One year from tonight we'll be at the Democratic National Convention nominating Agent Orange's replacement. Fuck their dumb republicunt chants.

And oh my gosh and golly, R36 has plumb disappeared! She's always been a useless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 37July 18, 2019 2:46 AM

I used to admire George Conway for speaking up and attempting to embarrass his wife and Trump. But no more. Kellyanne Conway is still lying for Trump, and George Conway is still cashing her paychecks.

by Anonymousreply 38July 18, 2019 2:49 AM

R35 In regards to Trump? “Let him die! Let him die”

by Anonymousreply 39July 18, 2019 3:01 AM

R35 I think they’ll be chanting the N word , calling gays the F word and women whores and cunts

It’s gonna keep getting uglier and uglier

by Anonymousreply 40July 18, 2019 3:08 AM

these are animals. Savage animals

and I hate to insult wild animals like that but these are less-than-human scum.

by Anonymousreply 41July 18, 2019 3:09 AM

Always women. There are no more words to describe how vile he and his supporters are.

by Anonymousreply 42July 18, 2019 3:11 AM

They should go right ahead and do that, R40. They should be loud and proud of their white supremacy and fascism. The more they screech about it and pretend it's acceptable, the more they will lose.

Keep it up.

by Anonymousreply 43July 18, 2019 3:12 AM

I told you that all his supporters were racist Deplorables, but you all came back at me like I was saying something over the line and made me apologize. Happy now?

by Anonymousreply 44July 18, 2019 3:15 AM

they are the ones who should be locked in cages

by Anonymousreply 45July 18, 2019 3:21 AM

I believe that Trump wants an excuse, a manufactured incident so he can declare martial law. Riots, etc. Something. He and his people will provoke it delibarately, it's a hell of a lot easier than starting a war. I think Putin blocked his ass from messing with Iran, so he has turned to his faithful trope and is going all out on the racism. We can't allow this. What he starts with his tweets and his allies, gets filtered down to people walking into a supermarket, going to a job, or a public park, or a classroom and saying reprehensible things. He is making the racist retards bolder. He is endangering lives. We need to start talking to people and organizing. Zero tolerance for racism, and homophobia. We have to push back but be smart about how.

by Anonymousreply 46July 18, 2019 3:33 AM

Rep. Lacy Clay just unloaded on @AOC , her chief of staff and Justice Democrats in the Speaker's Lobby, calls them "juvenile," says "their ignorance is beyond belief": "You’re getting push back so you resort to using the race card? Unbelievable."

by Anonymousreply 47July 18, 2019 3:39 AM

[quote] I think they’ll be chanting the N word , calling gays the F word and women whores and cunts

They're already doing that on social media.

by Anonymousreply 48July 18, 2019 3:42 AM

R48 is 100% correct.

by Anonymousreply 49July 18, 2019 3:44 AM

if any of these 4 is hurt, it will be on Trump's hands. He is beyond despicable. I REALLY hope the unsealed Cohen case stuff tomorrow is a bombshell. Make him freak the fuck out.

I won't be surprised if Trump openly starts using ethnic/racial slurs on camera in the next 16 months

by Anonymousreply 50July 18, 2019 3:45 AM

R45 Hmmm. The Wag the Dog in summer 2020 might well be martial law. R35 After months of Die Fags, Die Fags... I think we may get a no-irony "Kill the Baby Killers" with Trumpers running the streets, breaking into Planned Parenthood, acting out Kristallnacht.

The time for internal criticism (oh, I hate that mean girl Irhan… oh, see black people don't like AOC either) is over. There is no justification other than organizing together to make sure November 2020 goes the right way. 1932 - Don't elect Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 51July 18, 2019 3:45 AM

Democrats are being complete idiots still squabbling over their internal issues right now. Trump launches an overtly racial onslaught and it's still mostly these "Squad" cunts vs. Nancy Pelosi, ironic since Nancy used to be the one who was too left-wing for America. Get a grip and fight the real enemy.

by Anonymousreply 52July 18, 2019 3:50 AM

Trump wants to run against females and feminism again like in 2016. When Biden is nominated that horse will be null.

by Anonymousreply 53July 18, 2019 3:54 AM

R52 That's expected. A kind of "dems are a mess" comment that's been so common. That was NOT what happened in the 2018 midterms - unity caused an historic shift in the House. That can happen again. For the most part in the past 48 hours center-left commentary has been much more on point. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 54July 18, 2019 4:03 AM

[quote] if any of these 4 is hurt, it will be on Trump's hands.

Trump and his deplorables will say, "Well, they wouldn't have been hurt if they taken our advice and left the country." Or "Well, they wouldn't have been hurt it they had shut up and stopped saying anti-American things." In other words, "they had it coming."

by Anonymousreply 55July 18, 2019 4:04 AM

R55 This. That "it will be on Trump's hands..." is simply no longer true (the old norms, crushed by the banality of the current evil) is indicative of the current crisis. If any of the four are killed, a majority of Republicans will very happily say "good!" Truly. That's where we are.

by Anonymousreply 56July 18, 2019 4:08 AM

Trump is a cokehead! This video with him and Epstein shows him getting out his element.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 18, 2019 4:11 AM

Convoluted:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 18, 2019 4:13 AM

Yep, Trump is skiing, yo. Nothing wrong with it but own up to it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 18, 2019 4:17 AM

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=trump+sniffles+during+debate&view=detail&mid=9E8F5D1879738BC047D99E8F5D1879738BC047D9&FORM=VIRE

by Anonymousreply 60July 18, 2019 4:23 AM

R58 = Deplorable troll. “Alpha News” is a mysterious paper that won’t reveal its owners. It’s probably controlled by Republican donors.

In any event, we’ve already litigated incest and sex crimes. They are a-ok with Trump’s base.

by Anonymousreply 61July 18, 2019 4:23 AM

He's "Coked" out of his mind in that clip. What's up with the over dyed eyebrows? If it were black he'd look like Groucho Marx.

He committed a sex crime that night no doubt about it.

by Anonymousreply 62July 18, 2019 4:30 AM

R58 = TROLL ALERT Fake Source posting Fake Content, website owner hidden from view.

by Anonymousreply 63July 18, 2019 6:48 AM

Trumps Sex Predictor Friend had the creepiest overbite smile. He gives me nightmares and I am a guy. Wont be surprised if they literally find where the dead bodies are burred.

by Anonymousreply 64July 18, 2019 6:55 AM

[quote]Obviously it's hateful and wrong, it's also a losing strategy.

We can't be so sure about that. He got away with it in 2016 and he could do so again in 2020.

Don't be complacent.

by Anonymousreply 65July 18, 2019 7:12 AM

Nancy Pelosi realises that the new Squad member has insufficient tact to be useful politician.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 18, 2019 7:28 AM

Steve Vladeck, Professor of Law, U of Texas:

I’m old enough to remember when John McCain literally took the microphone away from a supporter at a 2008 campaign rally after she called @BarackObama “an Arab.”

How far we’ve fallen...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 18, 2019 7:44 AM

R18, the Republicans most likely won't suffer. When do rich, well-financed organizations ever suffer the consequences of their actions? Or the individuals running them?

Also, Trump has already said he would only accept election results if he wins. If he does lose in 2020, there will be an American version of the, 'stab in the back' lie following Germany's WW1 surrender.

Language has been polluted, truth is now ineffectual, facts neutered. The only way Germany was saved was the process of de-nazification and an occupation force.

by Anonymousreply 68July 18, 2019 8:00 AM

[quote] [R18], the Republicans most likely won't suffer. When do rich, well-financed organizations ever suffer the consequences of their actions?

The California GOP certainly did after getting drunk with power in the 90s. They're all but dead now after having control and handing over two US presidents in the last 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 69July 18, 2019 8:15 AM

"The only way Germany was saved was the process of de-nazification and an occupation force."

I am starting to think this is actually the best option. I can't see it ever happening but considering the current US government, with it's corruption and disgusting, flagrant abuses of power championed by the illegitimate fool of a president, is probably the biggest threat to the world right now, I would love the entire UN to declare war on the US and oust those scumbags by force. They should all be locked up or killed, the entire GOP, they are the worst of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 70July 18, 2019 10:46 AM

Oh, R70, you think they should all be killed?

by Anonymousreply 71July 18, 2019 10:51 AM

Nazis? Yes.

by Anonymousreply 72July 18, 2019 11:01 AM

Omar has finally gotten a taste of her own hatred and bigotry poison . About time!

by Anonymousreply 73July 18, 2019 11:06 AM

They do know she’s not running for the presidency?

by Anonymousreply 74July 18, 2019 11:14 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 18, 2019 11:26 AM

Proof positive that his sole political strategy is leading uneducated whites around by the nose.

by Anonymousreply 76July 18, 2019 11:28 AM

That doesn’t matter, r74. They hate her because she’s different, and they love him because he validates that.

by Anonymousreply 77July 18, 2019 11:29 AM

r58's post has 28 WWs. Yeah, that doesn't smell Russian / mentally ill at all.

And please don't try to convince me DL is secretly super racist, but most are just too afraid to chime in.

by Anonymousreply 78July 18, 2019 12:39 PM

[quote]I would love the entire UN to declare war on the US and oust those scumbags by force.

Scumbags don't declare war on other scumbags.

by Anonymousreply 79July 18, 2019 12:49 PM

He’s gonna get her killed. Then he’ll have no remorse for it.

by Anonymousreply 80July 18, 2019 12:50 PM

R80, as Trump said during the Republican primaries a few years ago, he could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot someone and his followers would still support him.

by Anonymousreply 81July 18, 2019 12:54 PM

Hugh Hewitt admits this is bad for Trump:

"Send her back" is a nativist, terrible chant. Also electoral suicide. There're more than 400,000 naturalized residents in PA, w/ 200,000 more in Michigan. @realdonaldTrump won PA by and MI by 11K, PA by 44K. #VoteHerOut --fine. #SendHerBack --nativist. Catholics, btw, remember.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 18, 2019 1:06 PM

What do people in Omar’s state think about this? Is she popular there? I would think losing Michigan wouldn’t be worth the fun of being surrounded by racists at his Klan rally.

Does he stop to think that certain swing states are so important he can’t afford this? These women represent four states. Can anybody win while losing all four?

by Anonymousreply 83July 18, 2019 1:10 PM

...just when you thought it could not get worse...yet day after day it happens.

by Anonymousreply 84July 18, 2019 1:16 PM

Trump also went after Elizabeth Warren last night and said he is responsible for the rise of 'Pocahontas' in the polls and that he will be going after her again in the future:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 18, 2019 1:20 PM

She is from Minnesota (one of the others is from MI). I think she is popular in her district, and won't have an issue getting reelected.

Minnesota is kind of like the nation as a whole, certain pockets are really anti-Trump, but you have some of the outer suburbs that are white bread Republican who want their neighborhoods white, and the iron range has some parallels to the coal region - historically very blue collar Democratic - but they love Trump because they think he will save the mines forever and ever (with a touch of racism in their support.

by Anonymousreply 86July 18, 2019 1:21 PM

But let's not call them deplorable, because that's offensive.

There is no possible word for these people that would be over the line.

by Anonymousreply 87July 18, 2019 1:22 PM

R86 Right, Omar will be re-elected in her district. Tlaib is from Michigan. Michigan has the highest concentration of muslim immigrants, and their native-born citizen children, in the country. Huge immigrant populations in Pennsylvania. He needs Michigan and Pennsylvania to be re-elected. Immigrant communities, with citizens who vote, will be mobilized.

Don't always agree with Thomas Friedman, but last night on MSNBC he spoke to the point. We are in an exceptional time. We are about to slide off into white nativist totalitarianism. The "revolution" (Omar, AOC, Bernie, me) can wait. We need Unity to win in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 88July 18, 2019 3:12 PM

[quote]I believe that Trump wants an excuse, a manufactured incident so he can declare martial law. Riots, etc. Something. He and his people will provoke it delibarately, it's a hell of a lot easier than starting a war.

This. is. exactly. what. he. is. trying. to . do.

by Anonymousreply 89July 18, 2019 4:29 PM

If anyone on here thinks what Trump posted on Twitter about going back to their home countries isn't racist. Ask yourself, why hasn't Trump ever told a Russian, a Norwegian, a Slovenian to go back to their home country, why only black and brown people?

There are white people who say the exact same things that these four women of color have said, Trump never told any of them to go back.

by Anonymousreply 90July 18, 2019 5:14 PM

I wish the idiots in the media would ask why Trump and his supporters didn't leave the country when Obama was President but they don't (at least from what I've seen)

by Anonymousreply 91July 18, 2019 5:30 PM

it's also fascinating that the deplorables (aka most repubs) were OUTRAGED the whole time Obama was President but guess what? They got their guy in office now and THEY'RE STILL OUTRAGED. You would think they'd be happy but no, they're outraged people are complaining about Trump despite how many times they complained about Obama. These "people" are just wastes of oxygen, they really are. I wish we could ban them to an isolated island with shitty weather for the rest of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 92July 18, 2019 5:33 PM

Trump is already walking it back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 18, 2019 5:35 PM

AP: AP FACT CHECK: Trump goes after Omar at rally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 18, 2019 5:45 PM

He deliberately incited them into saying it, and didn't lift a finger to try to stop or discourage it while the chant was going on.

by Anonymousreply 95July 18, 2019 8:02 PM

R90 Russians, Norwegians, and Slovenians might have useful skills for our economy.

Nigerians may contribute, or may not.

by Anonymousreply 96July 18, 2019 10:19 PM

That's only because refugees currently come from countries with predominantly brown and black people. It was different during WWII and it might be different in the future.

by Anonymousreply 97July 18, 2019 10:25 PM

JUST SHAMEFUL. I just checked cable ratings for last night and this disgusting rally did big numbers. It made Tucker Carlson's show come in at #4 with over 4 million people watching then carried over to Hannity who came in at #7 with 3.68 million and Laura Ingraham at #11 with 2.8.

I mean I'm sure there were some reporters and political junkies watching but I sadly think 99% of those viewers were deplorables. Of course that's just a fraction of the country's eligible voters but the point is, tv shows last based on ratings. This kind of bigoted style will only amp up in the next year

It's maddening that the rest of the country isn't watching MSNBC or CNN to counter the Fox ratings.

by Anonymousreply 98July 18, 2019 10:26 PM

R97 We should be importing people for their skills not for their whining neediness.

by Anonymousreply 99July 18, 2019 10:28 PM

Chuck Schumer:

"The only way Pres. Trump will stop is when Republicans on the other side have the honor, the decency, the courage to tell him to stop, and all we hear is silence and diversions from Leader McConnell ... This is a moment. There's no John McCain anymore."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100July 18, 2019 10:35 PM

We all know what Trump is but the openess of this racial hatred right now, what he is deliberately stirring up, feels particularly chilling. I feel like this is a turning point towards somehting even worse than we have already seen.

by Anonymousreply 101July 18, 2019 10:40 PM

R96 Nigerians have the highest percentage of PhDs of all immigrant groups. They are the most educated of ALL ethnic groups in the US, native born or immigrant. You picked the wrong group for your xenophobic prattle. Go pick another "shithole" country's immigrants, I'm sure you've got a list.

Skills as an assessment of entrance? It's more complicated than you'd like. Did we stop the boats of refugees fleeing Nazi Germany, of the boat people from Vietnam, and let them stay only if they could prove skill level? The agriculture industry (the food on your table) depends on "unskilled" labor - work that native born citizens won't do. I guess will need to sandblast that poem on the Statue of Liberty. Replace it with - maybe a bible verse about God lifting up King Cyrus? Or, better, a digital screen reading out the NYSE.

by Anonymousreply 102July 18, 2019 10:41 PM

Welcome to Nazi Germany.

by Anonymousreply 103July 18, 2019 10:45 PM

He;'s not walking it back. He is just disingenuously saying what he should say, just to say he said it.

Americans are SO being played.

by Anonymousreply 104July 18, 2019 10:48 PM

Who says Nigerians have the highest percentage of PhDs of all immigrant groups?

by Anonymousreply 105July 18, 2019 10:57 PM

Googled. First result.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106July 18, 2019 10:59 PM

This is a great tweet!

[quote] Ironically, the people telling Americans that if they don't like their government they should leave, are the same people telling asylum seekers that if they don't like their government they should stay and fix it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107July 18, 2019 11:03 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 18, 2019 11:05 PM

Oh for fuck's sake. Now tell us all about how Obama was really born in Kenya.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 18, 2019 11:08 PM

{quote}Ironically, the people telling Americans that if they don't like their government they should leave, are the same people telling asylum seekers that if they don't like their government they should stay and fix it.

A good point that cuts both ways. Both sides should be consistent.

by Anonymousreply 110July 18, 2019 11:10 PM

How does that cut the other way? The other side says its ok to stay and try to change it or to leave and find a better way of life.

by Anonymousreply 111July 18, 2019 11:13 PM

Yes, we're running low on home-grown criminals, R96. More Russian fraudsters please!

by Anonymousreply 112July 18, 2019 11:18 PM

I don't know about Phds, R105, but Nigeria is a former British colony and its official language is English. Nigerians have that advantage over most other immigrant groups.

by Anonymousreply 113July 18, 2019 11:24 PM

Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, India, Belize.... Many Danish and Dutch citizens speak "better" English than many Americans. English is indeed important to open doors, to acquire cultural capital.

Trump validating stupidity about immigration has severely damaged the ability to reform our immigration policies.... and it needs to happen soon. If you are between 30 and 60 the ONLY way your social security will be there for you is if we have smart immigration policies. It's not even our nativist racism that will kill our country, it's pure stupidity and ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 114July 18, 2019 11:31 PM

Thanks R100. Chuck’s right. There is no John McCain. It’s amazing that he let this chanting go on for 15 seconds and then needs to do a cost-benefit analysis to determine whether to denounce the chat or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 19, 2019 12:00 AM

I’m so disgusted with Trump making statements that we can see, on video, are not true. He’s saying he stopped the racist chant by speaking very quickly. He didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 116July 19, 2019 3:05 AM

Also disgusted with Trump saying that “the Representatives have an obligation to love their country”, when of course they already do, they just don’t love Trump and his administration.

by Anonymousreply 117July 19, 2019 3:11 AM

The Preamble to the United States Constitution refers to “a more perfect union”. Not “a perfect union”.

by Anonymousreply 118July 19, 2019 3:14 AM

[quote] Also disgusted with Trump saying that “the Representatives have an obligation to love their country”,

And how about Trump attacking the congresswomen for complaining all the time when all Trump did during the 2016 campaign was complain about Obama and Hillary, and his inaugural speech -- "This American carnage must stop" -- was one of the darkest, most negative inaugural speeches ever?

It's frightening how "love your country," in the minds of Trump and the deplorables, now means you can't say anything critical of Trump (but, of course, you're always welcome to say negative things about "the liberals"). Patriotism now means total support for the Dear Leader, and anyone who disagrees should "go back to where they came from." I wish the deplorables would move to North Korea. I think they'd like it there.

by Anonymousreply 119July 19, 2019 3:25 AM

R119 repubs always pull this shit. Remember during the Bush years? They leveraged the 9/11 attacks into a semi-successful attempt to label any critic of Bush as "unpatriotic" or "unamerican". It dissipated greatly during his second term as the hate for him grew but his first term was very tough to stomach. Of course things are worse with Trump but the media was more compliant back then during Bush's first term

by Anonymousreply 120July 19, 2019 5:55 AM

Republicans 2001 - 2008: "Any criticism of the president is un-American!"

Republicans 2009 - 2016: "The president is scum!"

Republicans 2017 - present: "Any criticism of the president is un-American!"

by Anonymousreply 121July 19, 2019 1:49 PM

Also by their own logic the same people now saying "if all you're doing is complain about the President, then leave" are an awful lot of the same people who were bitching endlessly about Obama for eight years straight, yet they don't seem to have moved anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 122July 19, 2019 2:04 PM

As Lovett has pointed out in his viral tweet that got a response from several representatives, including Omar, the GOP literally sent a letter to Iran back in the day, saying Obama does not speak for the country.

by Anonymousreply 123July 19, 2019 2:08 PM

And if Democrats did that today, they'd yell treason.

by Anonymousreply 124July 19, 2019 2:28 PM

Someone upthread said Lara Trump was rehearsing the chant with the crowd in her 'warm up' speech at the rally. Anyone have tape/video of this? If so, send it to MSNBC (after uploading here of course!).

by Anonymousreply 125July 19, 2019 2:37 PM

Could you just imagine being "warmed up" by Lara Trump?

by Anonymousreply 126July 19, 2019 2:38 PM

Only thing I could find.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127July 19, 2019 2:43 PM

Fat, ugly FUCK. SUCK SHIT AND DIE, ALREADY. I can't wait until this pathetic bag of gas meets a really awful end.

by Anonymousreply 128July 19, 2019 2:46 PM

I just love that this lunatic really thinks he could send an American citizen "back". It must bug him and his white Nazi friends to no end that all these black and brown people are actually American citizens and they can't just deport them to some random shithole countries or put them in cages. Hell, he even has to treat these thugs equally and respect their rights. So now he politely asks them to leave voluntarily. Haha.

by Anonymousreply 129July 19, 2019 2:49 PM

Politico: rump accuses media of siding with freshman congresswomen in 'sick partnership'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130July 19, 2019 2:51 PM

To be fair, the man has intimate knowledge of sick partnerships.

by Anonymousreply 131July 19, 2019 2:56 PM

“They even covered a tiny staged crowd as they greeted Foul Mouthed Omar in Minnesota,” Trump wrote online Friday, referring to members of the media.

As well as a foul mouth, r131.

by Anonymousreply 132July 19, 2019 2:57 PM

R131 Tell me about it.

by Anonymousreply 133July 19, 2019 3:28 PM

If you worked on a sketch comedy show and had to create a old man character who sat in the house all day watching Fox News and screaming at the TV, you'd wind up with something very close to Trump.

He's the classic Get Off My Lawn guy

I've met people like him before--owners of family businesses who alternate between terrorizing the employees and then feeling bad that they called the receptionist a "dumb cunt" so they get her a $200 gift card to Amazon, the kids live in the same limbo, constantly seeking dad's praise and approval but never really getting it, so paralyzed by family dysfunction that they convince themselves that their only viable career option it to work for their father. They spend their days undoing the damage their father did by either insulting a client or supplier or another employee. And the father is convinced that he's the smartest man alive and everyone loves him.

by Anonymousreply 134July 19, 2019 5:25 PM

R132, he actually called her “foul-mouthed?” That is rich, because he said “god-damn” at least twice during that last rally.

by Anonymousreply 135July 19, 2019 5:33 PM

ABC News:

Pres. Trump says attendees at North Carolina rally where "send her back" chant about Rep. Ilhan Omar broke out "are incredible people. Those are incredible patriots."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 19, 2019 6:49 PM

[quote] R129: It must bug him and his white Nazi friends to no end that all these black and brown people are actually American citizens and they can't just deport them to some random shithole countries or put them in cages.

Patience, R129!

by Anonymousreply 137July 19, 2019 10:49 PM

[quote] R135: [R132], he actually called her “foul-mouthed?” That is rich, because he said “god-damn” at least twice during that last rally.

Worse, Tony. I don’t recall his exact words, but he has gone all the way now. He’s already said “shit hole”. He said something cruder in the last couple days.

by Anonymousreply 138July 19, 2019 10:53 PM

Oh, now Trump is calling them “Patriots”.

by Anonymousreply 139July 19, 2019 10:55 PM

Yeah, he’s walked back, the walk back.

by Anonymousreply 140July 19, 2019 10:56 PM

Is this woman “foul-mouthed?”

What did they say?

by Anonymousreply 141July 19, 2019 10:58 PM

Whenever he does shit like that I always just assume he temporarily took the advice of Javanka or somebody who told him he'd gone too far & had to do damage control, before his own base instincts kicked back in.

by Anonymousreply 142July 19, 2019 11:01 PM

Be just can’t stay on-message.

by Anonymousreply 143July 19, 2019 11:08 PM

Stephen Miller has released plans for new Mall in D.C. when the swamp has been drained.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 19, 2019 11:46 PM

^ I get an error message there.

by Anonymousreply 145July 19, 2019 11:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 19, 2019 11:47 PM

Can I tell, R146?

by Anonymousreply 147July 20, 2019 12:20 AM

The video at R59 - I wonder if an expert at lip reading could interpret what he was saying?

by Anonymousreply 148July 20, 2019 12:24 AM

Rep. Omar has released plans for new Mall in D.C. when the swamp has been drained.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 20, 2019 12:25 AM

On the good side, when Trump finally collapses, it will destroy the Republican Party, finally. It should have happened after Dubya, but better late than never.

by Anonymousreply 150July 20, 2019 12:26 AM

Can someone make that collapse happen sooner rather than later?

by Anonymousreply 151July 20, 2019 12:28 AM

[quote]Is this woman "foul-mouthed?" What did they say?

He's mixing her up with Tlaib, who said "impeach the motherfucker.' They all look alike to him.

by Anonymousreply 152July 20, 2019 12:28 AM

Trump also called the Chinese "motherfuckers" in a speech, but he knows nobody remembers anything (least of all him), and they just shrug if presented with a tape.

by Anonymousreply 153July 20, 2019 1:12 AM

Geraldo lashes out at Fox & Fiends for their stupid comments about “send her back”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 20, 2019 1:33 AM

R10 I am too but seriously, do we really think things are ever going to revert to some sense of normalcy? I keep hearing people saying things like “we’re living in very blah blah times” or they cite times in the past that we’re even crazier and it’s like - yeah, and we’ve been going downhill ever since.

by Anonymousreply 155July 20, 2019 2:09 AM

If Trump is re-elected it's not going to be pretty.

by Anonymousreply 156July 20, 2019 2:11 AM

AOC (trying to) giving a rousing diversity speech. Nice! First of only TWO groups she shouts out? "Our TRANS brothers and sisters!" Really? With all the sexism, misogyny, racial, and gay hatred, the trans get the primary focus!

Straight people have REALLY locked their jaws on the trans agenda as their sole SJW marker. It's pretty predictable.

by Anonymousreply 157July 20, 2019 2:13 AM

The biggest and most immediate and also longest lasting impact is all the judicial appointments. Meanwhile, Congress does nothing. Zilch.

by Anonymousreply 158July 20, 2019 2:14 AM

R157 it's quite dreary, isn't it. And so middle-brow.

by Anonymousreply 159July 20, 2019 2:15 AM

[quote]The biggest and most immediate and also longest lasting impact is all the judicial appointments.

Yup. Hillary & the Democrats should have emphasized the Supreme Court and the judiciary more in 2016.

Democratic voters forget how important it is, but Republicans always remember. Right-wingers may be vile, but they always vote. They know it helps them stack the judiciary in their favor.

by Anonymousreply 160July 20, 2019 2:19 AM

I know it's foolish to even engage with the deplorables' arguments, but here's what I don't understand: When the racist dumbfucks at a rally in North Carolina shout "Send her back" about Omar because they think she's un-American, what the fuck is it to them? Omar is not their representative. She's doesn't have to answer to the voters in the rural red South. Unlike Trump, who in theory is supposed to represent the whole country, she only represents the 5th congressional district of Minnesota. And the voters in that district elected her by an overwhelming majority over her Republican challenger (78%-22%), and they gave her a warm welcome when she arrived there yesterday. So the people she represents apparently are just fine with her, regardless of what she may have said or done in her life. If not, they can always vote her out of office. That's how our government works.

Apparently, it's not enough for the deplorables in deep red America to keep electing dumbfuck Republicans to Congress to represent them. Now they think they should be able to overturn the will of the voters in blue states.

by Anonymousreply 161July 20, 2019 3:17 AM

its a cult, R161. And it functions like a local sports franchise. if you’re from NYC, you root for the Yankees, not the Red Sox, no matter what. An, when the cult leader tells you someone’s a bad person, you don’t question it. I really think it’s that simple. .

by Anonymousreply 162July 20, 2019 4:12 AM

R161 you way overthink it. It's just public trolling that accompanies all the outrage many people display on social media. Watch some documentaries of the rise of nationalism or facism perhaps. Just angry mobs. Banality of Evil.

by Anonymousreply 163July 20, 2019 4:22 AM

R157, AOC is kind of an asshole, but that doesn’t excuse Rump’s monstrous statements about her or the other junior members.

by Anonymousreply 164July 20, 2019 4:32 AM

[quote] [R161] you way overthink it

Oh, I know. I'm trying to make sense out of something that will never make any sense.

But part of the problem today is that so many Americans "underthink" everything. They just say stupid shit or retweet it, without giving it any thought or bothering to do any research. They form opinions about issues they know nothing about. It's as if society is losing the ability to think.

by Anonymousreply 165July 20, 2019 4:33 AM

The best way to handle this is a la Buttigieg. All the press should IGNORE him, IGNORE this rally, IGNORE race-baiting, including the Brother thing, the Pocahontas thing, and the Foul-mouthed thing.

Don’t you all see what this cunt is doing? He’s desperate to keep the media off of several other *key* stories, the top two being Epstein and Mueller, followed closely by bad polls showing his margin against the top five Dems projects him FUCKING LOSING.

What we need is a purely gay press corps filled with the most bitter queens possible who have seen it all, are jaded and cynical, and who have done tons of drugs the night before:

“Mr President, would you care to comment why the First Lady shouldn’t be sent back too? Be a dear and help us crooked media members understand the difference? If we were to join your side, how do we know when it’s ok to say Send Her Back to one-woman versus another? Can we ever do Send *Him* Back, Mr President? Mr President, why are you more afraid of women than men? Mr President, were you joking when you made comments about finding your daughter Ivanka sexually atttractive? Did your other daughter ever feel less favored because of your lack of public comments expressing your sexual desire for her? Mr President, will you please comment on the alleged/unconfirmed/speculated upon/gossip that you and Jeffrey Epstein has a falling out after a three-day coke binge whereupon he tried to bump uglies with Ivanka? Did the friendship end before or after this event Mr President? SNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIF.”

by Anonymousreply 166July 20, 2019 4:42 AM

AP: In reversal, Trump disavows criticism of chanting crowd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 20, 2019 3:42 PM

I just hate this. We went through this in the 1960s and 1970s. I thought people understood from that experience that dissent is how we progress.

The idea that our country today is essentially “perfect” and not to be criticized is foolish. Besides, I think the four reps are mostly criticizing Trump, not the country. And he’s incredibly flawed.

by Anonymousreply 168July 20, 2019 5:40 PM

The truly bizarre thing is that Trump's ENTIRE 2016 campaign was based on criticizing the United States as it existed. MAGA? All of his bullshit about how American was losing to the Chinese, etc. etc.

Now, suddenly, he claims that it is "Un-American" to criticize anything about the U.S. He is such a disgusting piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 169July 20, 2019 5:54 PM

[quote] The truly bizarre thing is that Trump's ENTIRE 2016 campaign was based on criticizing the United States as it existed. MAGA? All of his bullshit about how American was losing to the Chinese, etc. etc.

Yes, but that was all about criticizing the United States as it existed UNDER OBAMA. When the Republicans say it's unpatriotic to criticize anything about the U.S., they mean it's unpatriotic to criticize anything while a Republican is president. When a Democrat is president, everything is fair game.

by Anonymousreply 170July 20, 2019 6:03 PM

R170, don’t forget Obama was a Black man. Black, criticize. White, adore. Excuse me while I vomit.

by Anonymousreply 171July 20, 2019 6:26 PM

Some right thinking person should have taken a flame thrower to that fucking crowd.

by Anonymousreply 172July 20, 2019 6:28 PM

[quote]Trump has reversed his previous criticisms

As several commentators pointed out, this is what he did with Charlottesville. He defended the bad actions that happened, then later made a mild criticism, and then took back the criticism.

by Anonymousreply 173July 20, 2019 7:59 PM

R173, and without acknowledging that he changed positions. I hate that.

by Anonymousreply 174July 20, 2019 9:06 PM

The "Squad" is unlikable and that doesn't excuse Trump's xenophobic behavior but at the same time I have a hard time feeling sorry for any of them. Especially Ilham and AOC who bring these kinds of reactions upon themselves with their own crazy and outrageous comments.

by Anonymousreply 175July 20, 2019 9:44 PM

[quote] Ilham and AOC who bring these kinds of reactions upon themselves

Fuck you. NOBODY brings that kind of reaction upon themselves. NOBODY brings shouts of racism upon themselves. You're like the person who says of a rape victim, "I'm sorry that she was raped, but she really brought it on herself by being such a slut." You might think the congresswomen are "crazy" and "outrageous," but unless you live in their districts and are one of their constituents, your opinion doesn't count. They were elected by the voters in their districts, so apparently their constituents don't think they're crazy and outrageous.However provocative the congresswomen's statements are, they're not an invitation to open racism -- not by anyone, and especially not by the president of the United States. Stop being an apologist for Trump and his deplorables. Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 176July 20, 2019 10:01 PM

Plus, R176, the four weren’t saying anything about leaving the country. Trump, instead of directly addressing whatever they had to say, that he took issue with, just went completely off topic, on this tangent.

by Anonymousreply 177July 20, 2019 10:04 PM

[quote] DJT: I’m unhappy, that a congressman can hate our country...and I got the biggest crowd!”

The man is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 178July 20, 2019 10:30 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179July 20, 2019 11:50 PM

One commentator called the OP pic, Trump ‘s “Il Duce” face.

by Anonymousreply 180July 21, 2019 12:32 AM

R179 Because of course one picture overrides facts. America, the Broken.

by Anonymousreply 181July 21, 2019 3:55 AM

Trump has NEVER shown any kind of shred of patriotism or care for the country or anything beyond himself in his whole entire life, and now suddenly he's lord and arbiter of who does and doesn't love America? Also hating Trump =/= hating America. Conflating the country and yourself is what dictators do, and their sycophantic enablers who use it to silence critics.

by Anonymousreply 182September 18, 2019 9:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!