Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump repeats BS that Ilhan Omar married her brother

“Well, there’s a lot of talk about the fact that she was married to her brother. I know nothing about it. I hear she was married to her brother. You’re asking me a question about it. I don’t know, but I’m sure that somebody would be looking at that.” – Donald Trump

There is no bottom to the well of shit that this man is.

by Anonymousreply 109July 21, 2019 4:03 PM

On the bright side, a CNN reporter asked him if he ever attended any parties with Jeffrey Epstein with young girls present. He looked up, said it was going to rain and walked off without an answer.

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2019 12:15 AM

Deflection to cover his fucking teen girls.

by Anonymousreply 2July 18, 2019 12:26 AM

I'll pay good money to the first reporter who asks Trumpito if he's fucked Ivanka.

by Anonymousreply 3July 18, 2019 12:36 AM

We don't know that it's BS, OP. It's awfully difficult nailing down personal details about refugees from war-torn countries. Harder yet when the principal parties aren't talking about it.

But here's the thing: the claim first came up on a Twin Cities Somali community online forum. At the time, there was at least one other Somali candidate running in the primary for the DFL (Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party) nomination. So the forum members were discussing these candidates from their community, and this came up. Somebody posted a series of photos from Omar's family's social media accounts showing a guy with the family who was identified as a member of her family - her brother. And then someone said that happened to have been the guy she married.

Somebody tipped off a conservative blogger in the Twin Cities about the discussion and photos. He took screenshots and wrote a blog entry about it, which is when it hit the local news. The photos were promptly removed from the family's social media.

The major local newspaper recently investigated this story. While they were unable to prove that she married her brother, they were also unable to disprove it, in large part because Ilhan and her family are refusing to cooperate. And there's enough details to the claim to not dismiss it out of hand, which is why the story won't go away.

Not to mention that she did commit tax fraud by filing joint returns with a man who was not at the time her legal husband. And then she used campaign money to pay for the lawyer to take care of that, which is yet another no-no.

So we can't say that she married her brother, but we also can't say that her hands are perfectly clean. All we can really say is the DFL did a shitty job of pre-screening this candidate and they most certainly have cause to regret that now. It'll be interesting to see if the Somali community fields another candidate to challenge her in the primary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 18, 2019 1:34 AM

[quote] So we can't say that she married her brother...

When did you stop fucking that chicken? People have been saying you like to fuck chickens. I'm not saying you like to fuck chickens. But I can't swear you don't like fucking chickens. You might be fucking a chicken now. Who's to say?

by Anonymousreply 5July 18, 2019 1:39 AM

Omar should reply that there's a lot of talk about Trump fucking his daughter.

by Anonymousreply 6July 18, 2019 1:42 AM

You don't quite have the full story on the campaign funds and the lawyers either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 18, 2019 1:42 AM

Oh sure. We should all start wearing yellow stars around this d-bag.

I’d love to see the nastier elements of the media start asking “Mr President, is there any truth to the rumor you started having sex with your daughter before you raped your first wife?”

by Anonymousreply 8July 18, 2019 1:56 AM

Of course he diddled Ivanka, R8.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2019 1:57 AM

Exhibit B

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 18, 2019 1:58 AM

Exhibit C

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 18, 2019 1:58 AM

Maybe he shared her with Epstein

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 18, 2019 1:59 AM

Is that how it begins? He gives her a present? While she checks it out he does his thing. Was Eric jealous of the affection his sister got?

by Anonymousreply 13July 18, 2019 2:27 AM

Send her back!

by Anonymousreply 14July 18, 2019 2:31 AM

Send me back! I no want tiny mushroom penis in wiry gray pube nest.

by Anonymousreply 15July 18, 2019 2:40 AM

This whole "hit" on the squad is a desperate attempt to get people off Epstein.

But I think Trump and others are sweating...

by Anonymousreply 16July 18, 2019 3:00 AM

MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — Dozens of official documents suggest that Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., was living with her current husband, Ahmed Abdisalan Hirsi, throughout her entire legal marriage to Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, contradicting the story she tells to explain her multiple marriages."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 18, 2019 3:06 AM

Oh no R17, the rightwing rag Washington Examiner says it's true so it must be so!

by Anonymousreply 18July 18, 2019 3:09 AM

Yeti Pubes, R15! Eeeeek! Run awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

by Anonymousreply 19July 18, 2019 3:09 AM

Does anyone have video where Trump avoids the Epstein question?

by Anonymousreply 20July 18, 2019 3:10 AM

R18, honey, there is no r17.

by Anonymousreply 21July 18, 2019 3:10 AM

Keep it race focused. The base loves it. The Democrats stay divided and hung up on the wrong things. The squad's generation was brought up on it. They will stay mired in it as long as we keep feeding the frenzy.

by Anonymousreply 22July 18, 2019 4:06 AM

Rick Wilson says that somebody in FL told him Trumpito's break with Epstein happened because Epstein tried to fuck Ivanka.

And oh would I love to see his reaction to THAT question...

by Anonymousreply 23July 18, 2019 4:06 AM

Complicated:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 18, 2019 4:13 AM

Then everyone needs to remind Trump that a lot of people believe he fucked and is possibly still fucking his own daughter.

by Anonymousreply 25July 18, 2019 4:16 AM

If they're gonna go there with Ilhan Omar somebody has to go after his thing with Ivanka.

by Anonymousreply 26July 18, 2019 4:19 AM

R4: You clearly have no understanding of how candidates are selected in America. Parties don't get to nominate candidates like in every other country on Earth. Primary elections run by the state like regular elections pick candidates. She won the most votes in her district among voters who voted in the Democratic primary, which in Minnesota is anyone because it's an open primary. There is no "pre-screening".

by Anonymousreply 27July 18, 2019 4:27 AM

Doesn’t it strike anyone that all of this is an exact re-run of the tactics used to mire Obama in a lot of rumours about not being born in the USA? The Republicans know that worked to rouse their vilest supporters. So now they try it again, on a new victim.

by Anonymousreply 28July 18, 2019 4:39 AM

Alpha News, R24?

Just how gullible do you think we are? Go away and peddle that bullshit to Faux News idiots.

by Anonymousreply 29July 18, 2019 5:00 AM

Yeah, Alpha News is a VERY trust-worthy news source 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 18, 2019 5:47 AM

I heard that he gave her a roll of BOUNTY and said,

"Here bitch, go make yourself a new wardrobe.........."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 18, 2019 6:00 AM

[quote]Rick Wilson says that somebody in FL told him Trumpito's break with Epstein happened because Epstein tried to fuck Ivanka.

Do you have a link to this?

by Anonymousreply 32July 18, 2019 8:01 AM

That insider show with Debra Norville reported last night that the split between Trump and Epstein came after Epstein tried to have sex with a young girl at Maralago. No mention was made about who the girl was.

by Anonymousreply 33July 18, 2019 9:51 AM

If Omar really did that, very shady.

by Anonymousreply 34July 18, 2019 12:11 PM

Trump looks so fucking pathetic and needy in that video with Epstein and that other guy.

And Epstein looks like he’s tolerating Trump - more like laughing at him than with him.

Donald looks like a junior high boy building up his confidence to go ask some girl to dance by objectifying her first.

He’s already trying to combover, his legitimate confidence is surely in the toilet at that point, driving up the bravado is his only means to his adolescent end.

by Anonymousreply 35July 18, 2019 12:44 PM

I didn't understand the outrage around Trump's suggestions, which I have seen described as unfounded, BS, and outlandish, until I read this thread. I didn't think he was suggesting she fucks her brother, I thought he was suggesting that she committed immigration fraud. Which is an unproven allegation, but I wouldn't call it unfounded, outlandish or BS. She married the guy rumored to be her brother in between her second in third kids with her first husband. The suggestion that he is her brother may be nothing more the salacious smearing. But is it really outlandish to think she probably participated in a green card marriage?

I don't know if Trump does this on purpose, or by accident. But it seems to work for him. He makes one statement, and it is interpreted in two completely different ways. He made Ilhan Omar a victim and got his haters more enraged, then their anger reinforces his supporters' conviction that than anyone who criticizes Trump has TDS and the media is against him. I really don't think he can be that clever, but he keeps doing it.

by Anonymousreply 36July 18, 2019 9:38 PM

[quote] Which is an unproven allegation, but I wouldn't call it unfounded, outlandish or BS.

Please, fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 37July 18, 2019 10:34 PM

"Which is an unproven allegation, but I wouldn't call it unfounded, outlandish or BS."

Of course.

Trump may be a racist, and the guy she married may not be her "raised in the same home" full on brother, but if you don't believe that marriage was fraudulent, you're fucking dim.

by Anonymousreply 38July 19, 2019 1:57 AM

It doesn't help that Omar and her "second husband" look exactly alike.

by Anonymousreply 39July 19, 2019 2:00 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 19, 2019 2:02 AM

As usual, people are falling for Trump's distractions.

by Anonymousreply 41July 19, 2019 2:02 AM

R41, nobody here is except for trolls with an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 42July 19, 2019 2:07 AM

R41, nobody here is except for trolls with an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 43July 19, 2019 2:07 AM

"“Well, there’s a lot of talk about the fact that he beat and raped a 12-year-old. I know nothing about it. I hear there's sworn testimony that he and Epstein argued over who would 'pop the cherry' of a 12-year-old and then he beat and raped her. You’re asking me a question about it. I don’t know, but I’m sure that somebody would be looking at that.”

by Anonymousreply 44July 19, 2019 2:09 AM

Where is that quote from, R44?

by Anonymousreply 45July 19, 2019 2:15 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 19, 2019 2:28 AM

Immigration fraud? How not be best.

by Anonymousreply 47July 19, 2019 2:40 AM

[QUOTE]Please, fuck yourself.

I'm gender fluid and speech like that can hurt !

by Anonymousreply 48July 19, 2019 4:35 AM

WTF. I voted for Trump and he disrespects me like this.

by Anonymousreply 49July 19, 2019 4:39 AM

r45, it's the quote posted in op; I just changed Dump's bullshit rumor re. Omar marrying her brother and replaced it with the accusation of the girl he raped.

by Anonymousreply 50July 19, 2019 4:59 AM

Omar's hubby is FAMILY!

by Anonymousreply 51July 19, 2019 7:29 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 19, 2019 7:55 AM

The Daughter Fucker in Chief is coming off as truly insane now.

by Anonymousreply 53July 19, 2019 7:58 AM

If she has committed immigration fraud she's done. Forget about her and focus on those who can move forward.

by Anonymousreply 54July 19, 2019 8:37 AM

I’m a bit confused?

What is being alleged, that she married the brother of the adopted family she pretended to be a member of.

by Anonymousreply 55July 19, 2019 9:20 AM

• In 2002, Omar, then 19, religiously married Ahmed Hirsi, but not legally. Omar and Hirsi had two children, but in 2008, they obtained a religious divorce. The following year, in 2009, Omar married Ahmed Nur Said Elmi both religiously and legally.

Little is known about Elmi, other than that Omar has referred to him as a "British citizen" and that he attended high school in the Minneapolis area and, like Omar, later attended North Dakota State University.

• In 2011, Omar and Elmi divorced religiously, but remained married legally. In 2012, Omar and Hirsi reconciled and had a third child. In 2017, Omar legally divorced Elmi, and the following year, she legally married Hirsi.

• In 2016, as Omar was seeking a state House seat, the conservative website AlphaNewsMN, followed by other ideological sites, posted a screenshot of an Instagram post — since deleted — that was allegedly uploaded by Elmi on June 12, 2012, shortly after Omar gave birth to her third child. The caption of the photograph identified Elmi as holding the baby girl, calling her "nieces." To some, this suggested a sibling relationship.

by Anonymousreply 56July 19, 2019 9:32 AM

Wizbang

Ilhan Omar and her mysterious and sham marriage

Kim Priestap 17 hours ago

If you’re not living under a rock, you saw yesterday, just before he got on a plane to fly to North Carolina for his first Keep America Great rally, President Trump let drop what many on Twitter and Facebook have been discussing for a while now: Ilhan Omar may have entered into a sham marriage with her brother that was part of an immigration scam.

David Steinberg has been researching and reporting on this for a while now. Today, he published what he calls the smoking gun that proves his points. Here’s a portion:

In 1995, Ilhan entered the United States as a fraudulent member of the “Omar” family.

That is not her family. The Omar family is a second, unrelated family which was being granted asylum by the United States.

The Omars allowed Ilhan, her genetic sister Sahra, and her genetic father Nur Said to use false names to apply for asylum as members of the Omar family.

Ilhan’s genetic family split up at this time. The above three received asylum in the United States, while Ilhan’s three other siblings — using their real names — managed to get asylum in the United Kingdom.

Ilhan Abdullahi Omar’s name, before applying for asylum, was Ilhan Nur Said Elmi.

Her father’s name before applying for asylum was Nur Said Elmi Mohamed. Her sister Sahra Noor’s name before applying for asylum was Sahra Nur Said Elmi. Her three siblings who were granted asylum by the United Kingdom are Leila Nur Said Elmi, Mohamed Nur Said Elmi, and Ahmed Nur Said Elmi.

by Anonymousreply 57July 19, 2019 9:39 AM

She's a liability. The less time spent on her the better. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 58July 19, 2019 10:51 AM

Well, there's a lot of talk that Trump is a serial sexual rapist. I mean, I know nothing about it, it's just something people are saying. I mean I have no idea if Trump is a sick pervert. Look, people say Trump is a sexual deviant but I have no information on that. Some people say it, actually a lot, but, no, I don't know anything about that. We're looking into it but no, I have no further information that he fucks teenagers. No, nothing more. Next question?

by Anonymousreply 59July 19, 2019 10:57 AM

Thread CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 60July 19, 2019 11:00 AM

Details are easily available online, but the gist is that she supposedly left her husband to marry Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, a British citizen, who people claim was her brother who she was trying to scam a green card for.

But journalists have seen copies of official paperwork that don't show anyone with that name as a brother, adopted or otherwise, and the guy went back to the UK in 2011 and doesn't seem to have been keen on staying in the US. A guy so desperate to get a green card that he'd marry his own sister wouldn't give up so quickly, you'd think.

Anyway, the whole story showed up on some anonymous forum and immediately a right-wing nutjob blog picked up on it, claiming they'd been tipped off, so I suspect it's just racist right-wing smear tactics.

by Anonymousreply 61July 19, 2019 11:14 AM

[quote]Also, if Ahmed Elmi were truly Omar’s brother, why would he have needed to take the drastic step of marrying her in order to secure a path to U.S. citizenship? U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) policies qualify immigrants as eligible to apply for permanent residency status (and later become naturalized citizens) if they are the “spouse of a U.S. citizen” or the “brother or sister of a U.S. citizen.” Why would Omar commit a federal crime and risk a prison sentence (and possibly her own citizenship status) in order to provide her brother with the opportunity to apply for something he would already have been eligible to seek?

by Anonymousreply 62July 19, 2019 11:16 AM

Link for above:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 19, 2019 11:16 AM

The truth is IIhan Omar and her brother are the same person. She married herself.

by Anonymousreply 64July 19, 2019 11:24 AM

THREAD CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 65July 19, 2019 11:38 AM

She probably is a shady character. She is a politician after all. I think the vast majority of politicians are lying scum who will take advantage of anyone for their own benefit.

The difference is that Republicans are also hateful.

Trump brings the game to a level that was thought impossible prior to 2016.

by Anonymousreply 66July 19, 2019 11:46 AM

THREAD CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 67July 19, 2019 11:53 AM

Who is the tiresome troll who keeps posting "thread closed". Bitch, we'll discuss this as long as we want.

by Anonymousreply 68July 19, 2019 11:57 AM

THREAD CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 69July 19, 2019 11:58 AM

[quote]“Well, there’s a lot of talk about the fact that she was married to her brother. I know nothing about it. I hear she was married to her brother. You’re asking me a question about it. I don’t know, but I’m sure that somebody would be looking at that.” – Donald Trump

Typical Dump word salad but it puts the nugget into the heads of the deplorables. They hear what they want, which is "she married her brother" and they run with it.

by Anonymousreply 70July 19, 2019 12:00 PM

The facts make it sound like she had a somewhat messy marital life for a time there, but nothing bizarre or illegal. Certainly nothing like the marital life of T-Rump with his multiple affairs and undocumented immigrant brides.

by Anonymousreply 71July 19, 2019 12:02 PM

Let's not talk about her. Let's move forward, fr fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 72July 19, 2019 12:19 PM

The issue was raised and reported by main stream press in her own state, R61.

by Anonymousreply 73July 19, 2019 1:12 PM

Dumpy can project and deflect all he wants. We all know he’s a perv and abuser of women.

by Anonymousreply 74July 19, 2019 1:13 PM

I moved on. No joke.

by Anonymousreply 75July 19, 2019 5:10 PM

It most likely was not a real marriage, though. Address records show Ilhan Omar and both of her husbands all sharing the same address in Fargo, North Dakota for three years. Judging from the photos from his Instagram page the brother appears to be gay, which explains why Omar’s actual husband was OK with the situation. There’s also some sketchy stuff regarding tax filings and FAFSA applications and other legal papers she signed attesting to which of the men was her husband.

What I don’t get is this - why do any of it in the first place? Why did her brother have to attend the University of North Dakota? Couldn’t he have gone to school in the UK? Or maybe, I don’t know, just gotten a regular student visa?

by Anonymousreply 76July 19, 2019 8:27 PM

It is not unfounded, R36?

Then please provide the foundation for this claim.

by Anonymousreply 77July 19, 2019 9:02 PM

Why do the Trump troll bots post here do they think they are going to somehow convince a bunch of gay guys to vote for him by repeating fake Repunk bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 78July 19, 2019 9:06 PM

Lol at r78, acting like white gays need to be manipulated by Russians to support Trump.

by Anonymousreply 79July 19, 2019 9:14 PM

I was referring to we the sane gays R79, not the lost ones.

by Anonymousreply 80July 19, 2019 9:18 PM

R77, R56 here. I don't think that word means what you think it does. Unfounded doesn't mean not proven. There is no proof she committed fraud, she may not have. I relayed some of the suggestive circumstances in my post. There is additional suggestive information you can find it in this thread or by Googling it. If you truly believe that there is no indication that she may have committed immigration fraud, then I can understand your questioning my claim that Trump's insinuations were not unfounded. If that is the case, I would be interested in hearing more about your interpretation of her marital history. If you had to bet your life savings on whether or not she committed immigration fraud, which way would you go?

by Anonymousreply 81July 19, 2019 9:35 PM

Sorry, R36 above, not R56. Apologies.

by Anonymousreply 82July 19, 2019 9:36 PM

R81, I’ll chat and gossip about her possible immigration fraud on the same mother fucking day Trump and Melania talk about *HER* immigration fraud, got it?!?!? Until he’s willing to talk about how he used attorneys to defraud the United States to let a hooker obtain citizenship using the Einstein Visa, and then brought her entire grifter family in afterwards, there is NOTHING MORE TO SAY, END OF.

by Anonymousreply 83July 19, 2019 9:44 PM

R81, I think you may not understand the word "unfounded." It does not mean that something is proven. It means that there is a basis for suspicion. That does not mean that a rumor exists.

So you seem to be saying that the rumors mentioned in R36 are the foundation.

I am sorry, but rumors are not acceptable in this instance unless you can show that they originated among Omar's family or friends.. I can say that here are rumors that Trump fucked Ivanka. But that is no foundation for saying it is true.

You have not provided any foundation that Omar might have committed immigration fraud other than that people have gossiped that she did. That there are gullible people out there repeating rumors is not a foundation to give consideration to those rumors.

by Anonymousreply 84July 19, 2019 9:53 PM

Hold on. So this woman married raghead and fucked her own brother?!!?

by Anonymousreply 85July 19, 2019 9:53 PM

^^^ s/b "But that is no foundation for saying it is worth considering."

by Anonymousreply 86July 19, 2019 9:53 PM

I love how R36 planted the idea that she fucked her own brother.

Now we have a foundation to say she may have committed incest!

by Anonymousreply 87July 19, 2019 9:54 PM

R84, the basis for suspicion is that it appears unlikely she was ever estranged from her first (and third) husband, among other circumstances such as her filing joint tax returns with #1/#3 while married to #2. You may legitimately disagree that this is suggestive, or you may have an agenda. If you had to bet your life savings, would you bet that she didn't commit immigration fraud?

R83, I don't really care what you are willing to chat about. I find it odd that you allow Trump's conversations to dictate what you are willing to talk about, but I don't restrict myself that way.

by Anonymousreply 88July 19, 2019 10:14 PM

R88, I had not heard that before, but would that not indicate tax fraud? If this is true, why bring immigration into this when there is a more serious crime indicated?

That is the element that rings odd here.

by Anonymousreply 89July 19, 2019 10:21 PM

The Washington Examiner is a right wing rag. It's owned by son of the founder of the Washington Times, which in turn is completely owned by the Moonies, yes. The goddamn church and international scam of the still very dead Reverend Moon. The extremely hateful Reverend Moon. That's about a reliable source as Tass, the North Korea News Agency and gossip by my equally dead step mother.

by Anonymousreply 90July 19, 2019 10:47 PM

Omar clearly engaged in a sham marriage, mostly likely to another son of her father born after her mother passed away when she was two.

by Anonymousreply 91July 20, 2019 12:11 PM

If Omar really was engaged in tax fraud, the Trump administration would have taken action on this.

No tax fraud...no immigration fraud.

by Anonymousreply 92July 20, 2019 1:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 20, 2019 1:24 PM

What a fucking clown he is, r93.

Everyday is a reminder that the tangerine turd has no right to be in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 94July 20, 2019 1:34 PM

R64 Predestination

by Anonymousreply 95July 20, 2019 1:45 PM

FWIW, here is the video R1 is referring to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 20, 2019 2:11 PM

I can't wait for the pics to be published of Trump having his diaper changed by Russian whores.

by Anonymousreply 97July 20, 2019 2:53 PM

Wait, the husband is flaming? Lawd...our current political climate is like a soap opera meets black comedy satire.

by Anonymousreply 98July 20, 2019 4:05 PM

I'm hearing that her husband was married to another man when they first got married. Pls don't let it be true; I won't my minority democrats to succeed even though I am a black conservative who hates Trump.

by Anonymousreply 99July 20, 2019 9:46 PM

R89, R88 here. I didn't know tax fraud is worse than immigration fraud. I wouldn't think so, you could just claim to be confused. But it definitely sounds like she did it (both). I've included one link, but I've seen in several places. I think the most compelling argument that she did NOT commit immigration fraud is her second husband / rumored brother's British citizenship. Why you would go to such an extreme length for someone who is a British citizen? But I am not sure where the British citizen info came from. Maybe he wasn't. Overall, I think it is extremely unlikely she did not commit fraud. It might have been under circumstances that would make her sympathetic, but I think she did it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100July 20, 2019 10:24 PM

All of this "I'm hearing that ..." or "there is suspicion that ..." or "it seems to suggest that ..." or "I'm not sure but I think ..." stuff sure sounds like innuendo and a smear campaign to discredit Omar. and distract from the real issue, which is the racism of Trump and the deplorables. It reminds me of the the crazy Pizzagate rumors. Whenever you would try to argue with one of the Pizzagate lunatics, they would say, "It may not be true, but it sure seems suspicious. Take a look at what this website is saying ..."

If Omar married her brother, or committed tax fraud or immigration fraud or some other offense, it will be uncovered and reported in a reputable news outlet (not in The Washington Examiner or some right-wing blog or fake news site) and she will have to answer for it. Until then, it's all just innuendo. It's not relevant and I don't care. I don't live in her district. She's not my representative. But Trump (sadly) is my president and is supposed to represent all of us. Nothing Omar has said or done justifies Trump's treatment of her. Nothing she has said or done excuses Trump's racism. The only issue here is Trump, not Omar.

by Anonymousreply 101July 20, 2019 10:49 PM

Now Ilhan Omar will never be president!

Jesus, they're fucking obvious.

by Anonymousreply 102July 21, 2019 2:30 AM

R100 Types like a Borisbot.

by Anonymousreply 103July 21, 2019 4:31 AM

[quote]Nothing Omar has said or done justifies Trump's treatment of her. Nothing she has said or done excuses Trump's racism. The only issue here is Trump, not Omar.

I'm far more concerned about someone rationalizing/dismissing bigotry and hatred due to the source's skin color/beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 104July 21, 2019 4:38 AM

R100, the penalties for tax fraud are usually greater than for the immigration fraud you allege.

Also, tax fraud in the scenario you suggest would be easily provable. The reason tax fraud brings down mobsters and other criminals is that it is more black and white than most crimes--and the government has the evidence on file.

It is odd that no political opponent nor the current administration has used tax fraud to bring down Omar. And in the scenario you suggest, if there is no tax fraud then there is no reason to suspect that the second marriage was fraudulent.

I know we are not supposed to apply logic or reason to any of this, but still...

by Anonymousreply 105July 21, 2019 4:46 AM

Are you an actual person R105 because you type like a Google Assistant only without the warmth.

by Anonymousreply 106July 21, 2019 4:51 AM

Like I said, I know we are not supposed to apply logic or reason.

I am sorry if it disoriented you.

by Anonymousreply 107July 21, 2019 12:49 PM

Omar being fined for filing fraudulent tax returns just happened last month, so not sure how her opponents could have brought it up during the election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 21, 2019 3:38 PM

I did not know any of this about Omar...but with all the fraud and possible immigration issues she sounds like a Trump in training. No wonder he hates her.

I guess it just bears out what they say about how he never accuses anyone of a crime he himself did not commit.

by Anonymousreply 109July 21, 2019 4:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!