Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

šŸŒˆ Dr. Richard Madden & Brandon Flynn: Part 47

Continue here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603July 6, 2019 1:18 PM

Oh man, it took me FOREVER to get through 270+ comments because of the issues with the page loading like several of you addressed earlier upthread. I hope the problem is fixed soon!

WOW waking up to all of this (after my stranger things binging LOL) has been incredibly pleasant. I knew Brandon would be there, but yeah i agree with those of you who are shocked that he was even present that front row and center. Iā€™m so happy for Richard and this achievement!! The adorable shoulder squeeze and watching Brandon get along with his family (my goodness, that hug and cute moment with Mama Madden was SO pure!!! moms always have final approval so I love that she seems to just as in love with Bflynn as her son is ā¤ļø) and just look overall so happy to be there supporting his boyfriend have fueled me. I definitely think a lot of people who were there already knew Richard had a partner or just didnā€™t care to talk about it as they were graduating today as well. Regardless, Iā€™m so glad that Brandon was there for Richard as he accepted this massive honor. We already knew they had to be serious to be living together and all that jazz, but man after today, itā€™s clear Brandon has gelled so well with his family (but no one is surprised...that damn charm) and friends and thatā€™s gorgeous.

Also huge thanks to maddynn as always for providing us with updates and links all the time! Made my scrolling for information a bit easier this morning :)

by Anonymousreply 1July 4, 2019 5:46 PM

I'm sure the shoulder squeeze was just the "roommate" patting Richard down for his rent money. ;)

by Anonymousreply 2July 4, 2019 5:50 PM

Lol love the ā€œDr.ā€ addition in the title!

by Anonymousreply 3July 4, 2019 5:51 PM

Previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 4, 2019 5:52 PM

just saw the Dr. in the title too. Love it!

by Anonymousreply 5July 4, 2019 5:52 PM

R2 Brandon gots to get paid ..... LMAO

by Anonymousreply 6July 4, 2019 5:53 PM

From the last thread because it's locked yeah, Lauren has a kid. She left a comment on one of Richard's posts once about his nephew being a spitting image that I can't find for the life of me because it's old and I don't follow her so needle in a haystack. Then a comment here about "our babies" being lucky grandkids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 4, 2019 5:56 PM

How far we've come since April (and they...): from "fuck buddies" over "boyfriends" to "Dr. Richard Madden and Brandon Flynn". As simple and natural as it should be.

by Anonymousreply 8July 4, 2019 5:57 PM

R7 thanks for that!

by Anonymousreply 9July 4, 2019 5:58 PM

Reposting this because it's too cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 4, 2019 5:58 PM

I've been watching this while working today and my stone cold dead heart has melted away. Brandon laughing with his sister, the sneaky smiles, the shoulder squeeze, the hug for Mama Madden. I'm betting they've gone back to the family home for a celebration, and Brandon is charming the family, and playing with the kids.

I'm dead over here.

by Anonymousreply 11July 4, 2019 5:59 PM

R11 Right with you my friend.

by Anonymousreply 12July 4, 2019 6:02 PM

B is an Uncle himself. I love how both their families mirror each other. Both have two sisters both have parents who are still married and come from a very loving supportive home.

I have no doubt his sisters love B. I never understood why people were so hung up on the sister not following him.

And people thought B would be in Miami and miss this! LOL There was no way he would not have been here for such an important event

by Anonymousreply 13July 4, 2019 6:04 PM

r10 I can't really see their faces. I do see B giggling.

by Anonymousreply 14July 4, 2019 6:06 PM

Iā€™m still laughing at mama madden running past her husband to latch on Brandon lol

by Anonymousreply 15July 4, 2019 6:09 PM

Dr. Madden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 4, 2019 6:10 PM

There families are weirdly similar. It was meant to be

by Anonymousreply 17July 4, 2019 6:12 PM

r13 r17 it will make for a fun wedding! :)

by Anonymousreply 18July 4, 2019 6:15 PM

[R13] I think we can now put the "his younger sister hates him because they are not following each other on Instagram" to rest. She seems more private online, that's all.

I love that they both come from similar families. They grew up worlds apart, yet have this lovely connection.

by Anonymousreply 19July 4, 2019 6:18 PM

Can someone link a clip of Rā€™s mom running to B?

by Anonymousreply 20July 4, 2019 6:19 PM

R20 Here you go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 4, 2019 6:21 PM

[quote]I'm sure the shoulder squeeze was just the "roommate" patting Richard down for his rent money.

He whispered in his ear "bitch I need your half of the rent"

by Anonymousreply 22July 4, 2019 6:21 PM

[Quote] I think we can now put the "his younger sister hates him because they are not following each other on Instagram" to rest

Wrong sister.

by Anonymousreply 23July 4, 2019 6:23 PM

R23 you're right, my bad.

by Anonymousreply 24July 4, 2019 6:25 PM

" I'm ready for my check up... wait wdym 'not that kind of Dr?' "

-Brandon

by Anonymousreply 25July 4, 2019 6:26 PM

I think we can assume neither sister hates him and hopefully never have to argue about it again.

by Anonymousreply 26July 4, 2019 6:27 PM

r21 That is just too adorable, I've watched this more often should be considered healthy.

by Anonymousreply 27July 4, 2019 6:27 PM

R21 WOW why is that fulfilling my heart so hard? I love that she obviously loves Brandon

by Anonymousreply 28July 4, 2019 6:30 PM

My laugh of the day - the references to shaking down R to get his half of the rent. Too too funny.

by Anonymousreply 29July 4, 2019 6:31 PM

I can't think of more fitting song right now. The lyrics fit to a T.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 4, 2019 6:31 PM

R26 you know it won't be until she actually DOES follow him.

by Anonymousreply 31July 4, 2019 6:31 PM

I think itā€™s super sweet that Brandon waited for her. Heā€™s such a gentlemen.

by Anonymousreply 32July 4, 2019 6:33 PM

Who knew that R was the kind to fall behind in his bills, and B will have to take it out in trade ....

by Anonymousreply 33July 4, 2019 6:33 PM

yeah, how dare we ruin it for Richard's REAL fans... lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 4, 2019 6:43 PM

Where are all the people obsessing about it though? Because I only see people talking about Brandon and Richard. Then a billion tweets of those people screaming about people being gross about Richard's sexuality. Just talking about him being in a relationship with another man is hardly as toxic as they act.

by Anonymousreply 35July 4, 2019 6:49 PM

r34 What's even funnier is looking at the people accounts that liked this tweet and see the content. Fanfictions about actors and demands that they not be censored. Probably can't even spell hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 36July 4, 2019 6:49 PM

Also who is worried?? We ainā€™t worried, weā€™re celebrating and supporting them!

by Anonymousreply 37July 4, 2019 6:52 PM

For the most part people here are not speculating about R's sexuality .... they are supporting B as his bf. They seem to be the obsessed ones who ruin it for everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 38July 4, 2019 6:55 PM

Acknowledge that a couple looks cute together on social media? You might as well send them a notarized request to present a sex tape for public consumption.

by Anonymousreply 39July 4, 2019 7:00 PM

Most of the people talking about R&B are those who support their relationship.

Ruin what exactly? Do they think people on the internet discussing their lives is effecting their relationship?

by Anonymousreply 40July 4, 2019 7:01 PM

R40 yes they do. This is a very common fandom thought and itā€™s absurd.

by Anonymousreply 41July 4, 2019 7:02 PM

They meant you are going to ruin their fantasy that Richard is still straight if you don't talk about Brandon they still can pretend that Richard isn't in a relationship with a man! Lol! Respect his privacy my ass, they aren't hiding, they were together with family at a public event so there is nothing to protect, they are perfectly fine, they know that people talk about their relationship and I don't think they care and I'm sure they are happy to see a lot of people support them!

by Anonymousreply 42July 4, 2019 7:07 PM

Wow, I actually watched that ceremony. The little smiles between Richard and Brandon were adorable, and him seeing how B interacts with his sister and friend was even more lovely. Good for them for living their lives regardless of what people think. I wonder where that one poster is who accused these two of ā€œplaying cat and mouseā€ with the public...these two arenā€™t hiding and they seem pretty fucking happy about it.

by Anonymousreply 43July 4, 2019 7:11 PM

If this was, let's say Emilia Clarke they would be screaming about how perfect and cute and adorbs and OMG khaleesi and king of the north! So spare me.

by Anonymousreply 44July 4, 2019 7:12 PM

R43 that's just it isn't it? They aren't playing anything or performing for anyone. They are a couple, and it's for them, and they don't owe anyone a thing. Criticizing them for not making statements is bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 45July 4, 2019 7:14 PM

I'm not sure it can be described as homophobic. Some of these women write gay fan fiction and still have problem with R&B. Maybe it's more that they have sunk so deep into their fantasies that they feel they're allowed to control who their idol dates. No matter if it's men or women.

Ellie was f.ex not popular while they seem to squirt endlessly over pairing R with Emilia or Taron. They want the fantasy not the real world and when they don't get it some of them turn quite ugly.

by Anonymousreply 46July 4, 2019 7:19 PM

I think it is homophobic against actual non straight people. The fantasy is one thing, the actual knowledge that Richard is with a man? That's a bridge too far.

They may not have loved Ellie but they still wank over Jenna.

by Anonymousreply 47July 4, 2019 7:22 PM

Mein Gott! I leave this place for ya know, life stuff, and return to Dr Madden graduating with the BF in attendance. Aaaw, now that is sweet. They knew this thread needed content to devour, and they delivered in spades. I LITERALLY DIED at DR RICHARD MADDEN. The universe will implode the day we get proper high-res shoulder touching imagery. They are true Datalouge royalty - I bow down to my queens!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 4, 2019 7:53 PM

So what is the sleeping arrangement at the Madden home? I wonder...

by Anonymousreply 49July 4, 2019 7:57 PM

R48 your repetitive jokes are reallly funny, please keep going! :)

by Anonymousreply 50July 4, 2019 7:58 PM

R50 My commitment to the (hold me) BranRich massive is absolute. Bless you all my children, please do not be discouraged by mean ole queens on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 51July 4, 2019 8:03 PM

Most people tweet supportive things about Richard and Brandon. Most love it and are surprised but pleasant. Only very few toxic ā€œfansā€ are negative. Iā€™m actually impressed by how chill people have been on SM about them. Letā€™s just keep adding to the positivity chorus. It will drown out the morons.

by Anonymousreply 52July 4, 2019 8:07 PM

R51 yeah never really sure if you're having a dig at those kinds of fans or all of us as a collective but it always reads like the latter

by Anonymousreply 53July 4, 2019 8:09 PM

I'm just waiting for R to podt about and B to like and comment with a doctor emoji.

by Anonymousreply 54July 4, 2019 8:14 PM

R52 I agree

I donā€™t think that particular tweet was too bad to be honest. There are people that have gone too far. Supporting R&B does not mean violating their privacy either. There are a few intrusive fans out there (as happy as people were to get that Italy pic, that was intrusive) and I think thatā€™s the audience for that tweet. I could be wrong though .

by Anonymousreply 55July 4, 2019 8:15 PM

R53 I'd call it gentle ribbings, but one man's gentle ribbing is another man's death blow soooooooooooo

My position was and is that a lot of the contributions to the R&B threads are inconsequential at best or invasive and pointless at worst. Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 56July 4, 2019 8:21 PM

Iā€™m just coming back to this thread now did we establish it was Brandon and Richardā€™s friends Cheryl and Andrew at the ceremony with the family?

by Anonymousreply 57July 4, 2019 8:22 PM

R55 i see what you mean. In general, I have been expecting a more negative and mocking response since all this started and as things became more known but people in general have been chill. The gossip sites have also been quiet which has been nice. I think Richard and Brandon have discussed their situation in detail and all the risks involved and likely Richard has consulted his team and STILL they choose this openness. Iā€™m proud of them.

by Anonymousreply 58July 4, 2019 8:22 PM

R57 there was some sleuthing after Cheryl posted a few stories from the ceremony. They found a pic of her wearing the cap she was wearing in the DM article. She actually just posted another leaving Glasgow. We never confirmed Andrew, I donā€™t think? Someone will correct me, Iā€™m sure.

On IG, there are few newly posted pics of R arriving at the RSC before the ceremony, but you can only see him and his mom. He is motioning back to someone, but theyā€™re not in the shot.

by Anonymousreply 59July 4, 2019 8:30 PM

R59 thanks!!

by Anonymousreply 60July 4, 2019 8:37 PM

R59 can you link to those pics pls?

by Anonymousreply 61July 4, 2019 8:38 PM

Well once we determined it wasnā€™t Dominic Cooper, it just made sense that it would be Andrew and it looks like him. And then the other friend Finn was also identified

by Anonymousreply 62July 4, 2019 8:39 PM

Hereā€™s one, but sheā€™s got a bunch. Mom's at the top of the steps, not sure if the blond is with them or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 4, 2019 8:43 PM

Cara is following B. I repeat, Cara is now following B!!!!

by Anonymousreply 64July 4, 2019 8:46 PM

R63 Ughhh what a tease that lady!! If she had just waited 5 more seconds and took more pics she would have gotten Rā€™s sister and probably Brandon in one lol

by Anonymousreply 65July 4, 2019 8:47 PM

R64 Now everyone can shut up. She obviously wanted to meet him first, which is what normal people typically do!

by Anonymousreply 66July 4, 2019 8:50 PM

R64 her delayed follow has deep meaning especially after weā€™ve witnessed today. She approves

by Anonymousreply 67July 4, 2019 8:51 PM

Since when do people have to be formally introduced to follow each other on social media?

by Anonymousreply 68July 4, 2019 8:52 PM

R64 B. Flynn charms another..

by Anonymousreply 69July 4, 2019 8:53 PM

R68 When itā€™s personal I can see the value of waiting. Itā€™s not just a random.

by Anonymousreply 70July 4, 2019 8:55 PM

Iā€™m still verklempt at mama running to B rather than walking with her husband or even hugging Finn who has been Richardā€™s friend for way longer and was right next to her as they walked out of the aisle. Itā€™s just really sweet.

by Anonymousreply 71July 4, 2019 8:55 PM

Who are you calling a random?

by Anonymousreply 72July 4, 2019 8:56 PM

R68 lol they definitely donā€™t. I think honestly Brandon is younger and of the social media generation, and just seems to follow everything and anything. The social media follow is not a big deal at all but nice to see she followed back after actually meeting him.

by Anonymousreply 73July 4, 2019 8:56 PM

R68 they dont.. but she obviously wanted to meet him first and itā€™s more meaningful this way

by Anonymousreply 74July 4, 2019 8:56 PM

Yeah agreed with R70. Itā€™s obvious that sheā€™s the type of sibling who wants to actually meet the partner of their brother/sister before following them on social media. We all know she has already probably stalked Brandonā€™s page lbr (he has millions of followers and an open page), but to give him the follow means she most likely likes him/approves. Im the same way with my bffs and siblings partners - I donā€™t follow them on SM until I actually meet or bond with them.

by Anonymousreply 75July 4, 2019 8:57 PM

You've left your siblings' partners hanging? For how long?

by Anonymousreply 76July 4, 2019 8:59 PM

R72 all of us, dear.

by Anonymousreply 77July 4, 2019 8:59 PM

R71 That was seriously so sweet. Iā€™m shocked to see them already seemingly so close given that Brandon has only been to Scotland twice and that Richardā€™s parents were really only in LA in January. It all sounds so crazy that he would charm her quickly, but after watching one interview of him, itā€™s like...oh no duh she loves him hahaha

by Anonymousreply 78July 4, 2019 8:59 PM

R78 donā€™t forget they went to Monaco together!

by Anonymousreply 79July 4, 2019 9:00 PM

R55 just wanted to say that account owner is a childish bully she has no problem liking private photos of taron attacking other fandoms but has a major problem with people talking and posting about richard and brandon..instead of defending richard and his man they chose to irritate us with we must protect his privacy my ass

by Anonymousreply 80July 4, 2019 9:01 PM

R76 I didnā€™t follow until meeting them - so about 4-6 months into their relationship? My brother and I live in different cities so although I had FaceTimed and spoke on the phone with his girlfriend, it wasnā€™t until he came down and we all grabbed brunch together that I followed her on everything the next day. I just wanted to give him my approval first and actually see how she was in person - which was a delight.

by Anonymousreply 81July 4, 2019 9:01 PM

R79 OH YES! They probably got to bond with him more there than in January most likely - thanks for the reminder!

by Anonymousreply 82July 4, 2019 9:02 PM

Letā€™s not forget how long it takes RM to follow friends he used to work closely with on a show for YEARS (see Allie Allen and Emilia Clarke)

by Anonymousreply 83July 4, 2019 9:02 PM

the way she run to brandon shows how much she cares about him and it fucking warms my heart!!

by Anonymousreply 84July 4, 2019 9:03 PM

R83 This highlights the fact that him following Brandon after one or two meetings was insane for his usual social media use (with him especially being the first one to do it). Just so happy for him/them!

by Anonymousreply 85July 4, 2019 9:04 PM

How do we know it was one or two meetings? We don't know when they met.

by Anonymousreply 86July 4, 2019 9:04 PM

R85 yes his obsession started very quickly

by Anonymousreply 87July 4, 2019 9:05 PM

R86 Oh I was just basing it off Halloween weekend, but no I get what youā€™re saying :)

by Anonymousreply 88July 4, 2019 9:05 PM

R86 We can logically deduce it happened on or around Halloween for multiple reasons that we donā€™t need to go through YET AGAIN

by Anonymousreply 89July 4, 2019 9:06 PM

R83 lmao sorry that was *Alfie* Allen. Allie Allen of course is Allie and Lilyā€™s lesser known but more talented brother.

by Anonymousreply 90July 4, 2019 9:07 PM

R83 not to burst your bubble but Richard has followed other people after meeting them briefly (Adam Levineā€™s wife and another model after 2015 Met Gala). He did follow Alfie Allen before, not sure why he had unfollowed him ( IG glitch maybe?) and refollowed him after that Boston event. He and Emilia never followed each other until recently.

by Anonymousreply 91July 4, 2019 9:26 PM

where is that vid of Brandon (filmed by his friend) where he is in a dress and begins to twerk for like 2 seconds?

by Anonymousreply 92July 4, 2019 9:29 PM

R55 I see what youā€™re saying, and I do get what you mean about the the Italy pic, but the thing is, thereā€™s a big contingent on twitter who act like ANYTHING posted to do with Richard and Brandon, anything said at all about them, even just putting both their names in the tweet, is as invasive as that. To listen to them youā€™d genuinely think saying anything at all about them is on the same level as, like, hacking their phones or something. That kind of tweet isnā€™t just aimed at people posting stuff on the Italy picture level, itā€™s aimed at anyone even TALKING about them at all, which a lot of them take extremely seriously. Itā€™s quite weird to see, to be honest. I get being protective of Richardā€™s privacy but some of them actually almost take it too far in the other direction.

by Anonymousreply 93July 4, 2019 9:31 PM

R92

ā¤ļø FNA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 4, 2019 9:31 PM

R94 literally my favorite video ever. Heā€™s so sexy. And also funny. Best of both worlds

by Anonymousreply 95July 4, 2019 9:32 PM

Seriously none of you, Iā€™ll add myself too know any of them but itā€™s ok for some people to say this is when they met I.e family. How do you even know the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th time and please donā€™t go by ig following, stalking etc because none of what you guys have said basically counts. Where any of you there when the meetings took place? No! And donā€™t bring u some made up timeline Some of you act like you really know them but you donā€™t, we need to dial back

by Anonymousreply 96July 4, 2019 9:33 PM

R91 Lol I was more just making a joke that his sister not following Brandon back for awhile is similar to his own "slow" social media habits.

by Anonymousreply 97July 4, 2019 9:33 PM

Itā€™s obvious some people on this website never learned the concept of logical deductions in school

by Anonymousreply 98July 4, 2019 9:35 PM

r94 thank you

by Anonymousreply 99July 4, 2019 9:35 PM

R96 NOTHING you say today is going to bring me down from cloud 9. I donā€™t care about timelines or followings or any of that minor shit. It is meaningless in light of the awesomeness I saw today.

by Anonymousreply 100July 4, 2019 9:36 PM

R100 always somebody gotta be a negative nancy about something dumb

by Anonymousreply 101July 4, 2019 9:58 PM

Oh my if Richard and Brandon truly give you a high or your life really revolves around them then perhaps itā€™s best to fixate on something else? Just saying.. thereā€™s shipping them and then thereā€™s jumping overboard for something that is ott.

by Anonymousreply 102July 4, 2019 10:10 PM

Sincere thanks for all the sleuthing. This brazen glass closeting by a Golden Globe winner and romantic leading man hitherto regarded as hetero is nontrivial for gays. Those who aren't close observers of Hollywood homophobia and its victims either don't get it or are in denial, which is fine, fuck 'em. We know the score.

by Anonymousreply 103July 4, 2019 10:21 PM

To sum up the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 4, 2019 10:22 PM

Everybody run, itā€™s the fun police at R102!

by Anonymousreply 105July 4, 2019 10:24 PM

r102 I don't think anyone is saying this is the best moment of their lives or anything, but it was nice. Most of these threads are just fighting. Brandon won't be seen with Richard, they won't be in public, Brandon will never go to the ceremony, etc. Even if you did think he'd go no one expected see him right there and the little things we got today. It's nice. People are allowed to appreciate that and not want the moment to be ruined by annoying people who are negative for no reason. I enjoyed it. It was nice. I don't want to read the posters who have to say dumb shit just because they can. I have still managed to get through my day as normal as usual outside of the fact that it's a holiday.

by Anonymousreply 106July 4, 2019 10:27 PM

R93 I get what you are saying. There are some that do take it too far in the other direction.

by Anonymousreply 107July 4, 2019 10:33 PM

R102 for some reason todayā€™s irrefutable proof of their relationship upset you. Too bad. Most of us here are happy for them. And most of us can be happy for them while also living our own lives.

by Anonymousreply 108July 4, 2019 10:44 PM

Not everything people say here should be taken literally.

You realize just because someone said this "made their day" doesn't mean they're actually serious about a celebrity relationship being the highlight of their life? There's always that one or two people. Either a concern troll or when something good gets posted pop up and try to be be negative

by Anonymousreply 109July 4, 2019 10:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110July 4, 2019 10:53 PM

R110 Unffff those glasses

by Anonymousreply 111July 4, 2019 10:55 PM

Brandon was able to charm Richard's family, I'm still happy about the hug with mama madden, now Richard's sister follows him, I mean they are a family!

by Anonymousreply 112July 4, 2019 10:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 4, 2019 10:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 4, 2019 10:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 4, 2019 10:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 4, 2019 10:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117July 4, 2019 10:59 PM

Nice socks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 4, 2019 11:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 4, 2019 11:01 PM

Richard is looking at Brandon here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120July 4, 2019 11:03 PM

Who are Brandon's sisters and Richard's sisters on Instagram? Curious.

by Anonymousreply 121July 4, 2019 11:04 PM

I love B but maybe chill the spam. Not meaning you Maddynn.

by Anonymousreply 122July 4, 2019 11:05 PM

Iā€™d rather have that kind of spam than the shit last night though tbf

by Anonymousreply 123July 4, 2019 11:07 PM

Still canā€™t believe he was sitting dead center right there across from Richard. Love the seating arrangements haha! And it was so refreshing to see Richard being smiley and goofy with his boyfriend and friends/family. He seemed so giddy and happy and it was cute catching him staring at Brandon and his sister laughing/chatting while the graduates were being called by name. So lovely and again so happy for them to not care about what people think!

by Anonymousreply 124July 4, 2019 11:09 PM

2 minutes of cuteness!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125July 4, 2019 11:11 PM

r125 that video is so cute. Weibo coming through lmao! They kept glancing at each other! I canā€™t believe I missed all of this today.

by Anonymousreply 126July 4, 2019 11:40 PM

Here's hoping Brandon knows this song to add to his playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlPHmYtqSdA

by Anonymousreply 127July 4, 2019 11:41 PM

R126 weibo just stole all those videos from us haha but nice to see them compiled into one

by Anonymousreply 128July 4, 2019 11:46 PM

R109 lmao seriously. The vast majority of us are just having fun here.

by Anonymousreply 129July 4, 2019 11:58 PM

R125 God these Chinese fangirls are ALWAYS on the damn case which is kind of funny because it's been reported about the Chinese government scrubbing LGBT content from social media sites.

by Anonymousreply 130July 5, 2019 12:08 AM

Twas a fun day, cheers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131July 5, 2019 12:34 AM

TIL: The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland is one the top 5 performing arts schools in the world. Only behind institutions like Julliard and the Royal College of Music. I'm even more impressed with R now. I hope he posts about this.

by Anonymousreply 132July 5, 2019 12:35 AM

R131 That musical number was gayer than the actual gay sex scene. ;) I loved it, Richardā€™s questionable vocals (bless his heart) aside.

by Anonymousreply 133July 5, 2019 12:38 AM

Sex scene was still relatively hot though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134July 5, 2019 12:41 AM

Ah itā€™s so nice to see them together doing important things like this! I was at work all day and just caught up. Thanks for the video clips/photos, everyone!

by Anonymousreply 135July 5, 2019 12:43 AM

Iā€™m excited to see what happens when they go back to LA for the rest of the summer (assuming they do).. other than the Elton party on the 24th and if Richard still has a bit more filming to do for 1917, I think most of the time will probably be spent at home there.

by Anonymousreply 136July 5, 2019 12:49 AM

R136 Iā€™m still hoping R takes B on a hiking adventure in the highlands but Iā€™m a big slut for nature

by Anonymousreply 137July 5, 2019 12:52 AM

At least to pick up their fur child before they find themselves in court with Charlie seeking legal emancipation

by Anonymousreply 138July 5, 2019 12:53 AM

What about Comic-Con? Is The Eternals not being announced there?

R136 What Elton party?

by Anonymousreply 139July 5, 2019 12:58 AM

R139 Comic Con is in San Diego but we donā€™t know if Richard will go. Either way, not very far trip. Elton party was discussed in previous threads when my boss got the invite and I said Richard would be going because heā€™s a chair of the gala. Itā€™s an AIDS Foundation gala event in France. I think heā€™ll being Brandon unless B has something else going on.

by Anonymousreply 140July 5, 2019 1:03 AM

I bet Brandon whispered to Richardā€™s mom about the rent money when she caught up to him at the ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 141July 5, 2019 1:08 AM

On this Fourth of July I would like to salute Brandon Flynn - a TRUE American hero.

by Anonymousreply 142July 5, 2019 1:10 AM

R141 Poor R now his parents are paying his debts ... I thought B was willing to take it out in trade ....

by Anonymousreply 143July 5, 2019 1:13 AM

R138 I can already imagine Brandon begging Charlie to not be mad with him when they finally reunite LOL

by Anonymousreply 144July 5, 2019 1:23 AM

You all are going to reach 100 before the end of Q3 at this rate.

by Anonymousreply 145July 5, 2019 1:45 AM

Well, one article mentioned Brandon being there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 5, 2019 2:02 AM

Still touched by the way Rā€™s mom ran up to B. The affection between them is really sweet.

by Anonymousreply 147July 5, 2019 2:05 AM

I was just rewatching the video of Brandon and Lauren laughing at the start of the ceremony and you can literally hear her cackling at whatever Brandon said if you turn up the volume

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 5, 2019 2:08 AM

r148 That's so pure I love it.

by Anonymousreply 149July 5, 2019 2:14 AM

R134 Oh, yeah, it was hot. I wish they could have slowed it down just a tad, though. In the theater it was practically "blink and you miss it." Thank the goddess for all these clips.

by Anonymousreply 150July 5, 2019 2:17 AM

Thanks R140. I didnā€™t know about the party and R being chair. I googled it and holy shit the tickets are expensive !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 5, 2019 3:36 AM

Elton John will probably be so geeked to see Richard and Brandon this time at this event (if B attends). He probably may have not known they were together in January unless Richard explicitly introduced B as his man. Regardless, I can see Elton being his usual sarcastic jokey self implying Rocketman changed Rā€™s life hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 152July 5, 2019 3:41 AM

Umm. So HD version of the Rocketman sex scene...

Added bonus. Turn the brightness on your phone all the way up. Wow. Wow.

Um. Also the comments are priceless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 5, 2019 6:03 AM

I just can't with these two.

by Anonymousreply 154July 5, 2019 6:15 AM

R153 Seeing R legs pushed up around "Elton's" waist.... Oh my goodness!

by Anonymousreply 155July 5, 2019 6:22 AM

R153 The chemistry jumped out

by Anonymousreply 156July 5, 2019 6:27 AM

God, I could watch Richardā€™s furry chest, belly, and arms forever. To think, Brandon gets to enjoy that in real life all the time. Lucky bitch.

Is it me or did I see a hint of dick? I managed to take a screenshot but I think itā€™s Taronā€™s willy, visible if you turn the brightness all the way up. Maybe someone more skilled can try to get the goods (so to speak) on Richard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 5, 2019 6:49 AM

R157 Taron has said they were both fully naked so yeah thatā€™s probably it lol

by Anonymousreply 158July 5, 2019 7:01 AM

Brandon gave a fantastic performance in season 2 of 13 RW. I don't get this lack of offers for this very promising actor. I hope this changes soon.

by Anonymousreply 159July 5, 2019 7:08 AM

R159 Netflix is stingy when it comes to allowing their actors to venture into other films and shows based on scheduling. None of the other stars sans for Katherine Langford have moved on, and Iā€™m assuming itā€™s because 1) her character is dead and done with and 2) Netflix doesnā€™t talk renewals until after a new season premieres making it hard for stars to audition for other stuff in the mean time. Brandon has a movie in Post production right now that will probably be similar to Booksmart in terms of demographic and recognition. Iā€™m hoping after 13 reasons, he gets the freedom to flex more of his muscles as an actor because heā€™s truly gifted.

by Anonymousreply 160July 5, 2019 7:13 AM

R159 Yeah Iā€™m sure it has nothing to do with not receiving offers and more to do with insane Netflix contracts like r160 said

by Anonymousreply 161July 5, 2019 7:15 AM

His Netflix contract might also involve some other smaller (or bigger!) Netflix parts. You can already see how Netflix and Amazon are working like the old school massive Hollywood studios and once youā€™re in a Netflix exclusive, you pop up here and there in smaller parts - most likely due to the contract. With all my love for R, the only reason why I can see him do Ibiza is being bound by a contract spanning from Medici. Other than the scene with him saying ā€˜lots of love - you creep!ā€™ and looking his general hot self, thereā€™s nothing to that movie. Similarly the cast of 13RW are popping up in other Netflix exclusives (like Ross Butler having joined the sequel to All The Boys and Noah Centineo being simply everywhere). Sorry, a cinema nerd here.

by Anonymousreply 162July 5, 2019 7:30 AM

I've never watched 13RW. And I'm sure it's nice having a steady paycheck but no actor especially one as young as B wants to be stuck on the same show portraying the same character for years. Hopefully when his contract is done hell be able to venture off into more challenging opportunities.

by Anonymousreply 163July 5, 2019 7:33 AM

Brandon will be fine. Didn't he graduate from university only in 2016? He loves theater, so he does have other options.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164July 5, 2019 7:41 AM

Yeah Brandon actually had two broadway gigs booked while waiting to hear back from Netflix for 13RW. He said he found out that he got the part of Justin two months after graduation and he was relieved because he was having to balance the prospects of 13 reasons vs his theatre shows all at once. For him to be on a smash hot show RIGHT after graduating from Rutgers is pretty insane in itself. I agree with R163 that Netflix is pretty incestous the way they reuse their stars. I have a feeling Brandon will be working on something with Brian Yorkey (showrunner for 13 reasons) after the show itself wraps just based on their close relationship and networking. I donā€™t think B is in a rush though to pack a lot of projects in at once because they do film for 13RW 1/2 of the time out of the year and itā€™s pretty harsh/grotesque stuff theyā€™re dealing with. I canā€™t wait to see what heā€™s up to after the show though because he had the look and vibe of a very young Leo/River Phoenix. I would love to also see him go back to theatre because I can tell he misses it based off interviews heā€™s done.

by Anonymousreply 165July 5, 2019 7:51 AM

Not all heroes wear capes........

by Anonymousreply 166July 5, 2019 8:01 AM

Sorry I meant R162

by Anonymousreply 167July 5, 2019 8:03 AM

Well if B hasn't got other stuff to do and he loves the theatre, he should try to get part on the Westend during the tiime R is filming the Eternals. Get Charlie's shots and medical statuts up to date, get him an international or EU pet passport and move the entire family to London for the duration. ( John Barrowman and Orlando Bloom had pet passports for their doggies and they constantly travelled around with them all over the world, no quarantine needed anywhere)

by Anonymousreply 168July 5, 2019 8:19 AM

Just imagine Brandon instead of Taron

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169July 5, 2019 9:40 AM

[quote]His Netflix contract might also involve some other smaller (or bigger!) Netflix parts. You can already see how Netflix and Amazon are working like the old school massive Hollywood studios and once youā€™re in a Netflix exclusive, you pop up here and there in smaller parts - most likely due to the contract. With all my love for R, the only reason why I can see him do Ibiza is being bound by a contract spanning from Medici.

Medici isn't a Netflix production. It was produced by Rai and another company. Richard didn't have a Netflix contract for that. It's only called Netflix Original in some countries becasue Netflix bought the exclusive rights. So he surely didn't do Ibiza because of Medici. He chose to do Ibiza on his own.

by Anonymousreply 170July 5, 2019 9:56 AM

R170 I think Ibiza was probably just one of those projects that sounded like a better prospect on paper than it ended up being. It couldnā€™t have been helped by the fact that it sounds like the director didnā€™t have much of a clue. I also seem to remember Richard saying something about taking it on because he was looking for lighter fare, to balance the heavier projects with ones that were more fun and less mentally challenging. In that respect at least it gave him what he was looking for, because apparently he had fun filming it. It just, unfortunately, wasnā€™t fun to WATCH.

by Anonymousreply 171July 5, 2019 10:01 AM

Young Richard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172July 5, 2019 10:04 AM

Young Brandon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173July 5, 2019 10:08 AM

Which one of you wrote ā€œdie bitchā€ under Jenna Colemanā€™s comment lmao

by Anonymousreply 174July 5, 2019 10:11 AM

R172 R173 thatā€™s so cute!

by Anonymousreply 175July 5, 2019 10:13 AM

Ever presenting watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176July 5, 2019 10:15 AM

R174 Which comment?

by Anonymousreply 177July 5, 2019 10:17 AM

R176 he definitely blossomed late

by Anonymousreply 178July 5, 2019 10:17 AM

R174 Under Caraā€™s insta post.. someone wrote it in italian

by Anonymousreply 179July 5, 2019 10:17 AM

Man, you know, I was just looking at a clip from the ceremony, and we really got INCREDIBLY lucky yesterday. If Brandon and the Madden family had been sitting in a different part of the audience we likely would never have seen them, or known (for sure) that B was even there. Nobody tweeted about seeing him there, and if anyone got a picture of or with him, they didnā€™t post it. So of course the people who were sure he would show up would have said ā€œhe was definitely thereā€, but there would have been no way to actually confirm it, since we didnā€™t ever see most of the people in yesterdayā€™s audience. Itā€™s only thanks to where they were sitting, and some very lucky camera angles on that stream, that we got to see them. Fortune was smiling upon us yesterday, my friends!

by Anonymousreply 180July 5, 2019 10:19 AM

r174 What is wrong with people?

by Anonymousreply 181July 5, 2019 10:20 AM

Jenna had Richardā€™s cock for FIVE YEARS. Itā€™s his most serious relationship thus far. People are a mess.

by Anonymousreply 182July 5, 2019 10:21 AM

Anyone can comment on the sister's page? Restrict comment privileges to those you follow, ma'am.

by Anonymousreply 183July 5, 2019 10:23 AM

r182 It was certainly the longest but I feel R's relationship with B is no less serious.

by Anonymousreply 184July 5, 2019 10:26 AM

r183 She probably wasn't expecting some deranged person to comment on her IG and why should she? Sometimes it feels like you're asking for the impossible when expect people to be civil on SM when it should be the norm.

by Anonymousreply 185July 5, 2019 10:29 AM

R184 Agree to disagree. To me thereā€™s no comparison between 7 months vs 5 years. Now if R&B get hitched Iā€™ll change my mind. Maybe theyā€™re built to last? Only time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 186July 5, 2019 10:30 AM

[quote] why should she? Sometimes it feels like you're asking for the impossible when expect people to be civil on SM when it should be the norm.

I guess your question was rhetorical.

by Anonymousreply 187July 5, 2019 10:41 AM

r186 You never go into a serious relationship thinking it won't last. You go into it because you are in love and you want it to last. It doesn't matter whether it's for a long or short period. I think Jenna was a serious relationship while Ellie always felt casual.

R's relationship with B may not have been long but it most certainly feels very serious. Serious enough for R to move to another country 1-2 months into it. Serious enough that R is willing to be blacklisted by homophobic Hollywood execs. Maybe they won't last as long as R&J though mind you they were off and on all those 5 years but that won't mean that R&B aren't seriously committed to each other.

But go on. Your definition of a serious relationship clearly differs from mine.

by Anonymousreply 188July 5, 2019 10:43 AM

R188 well said.

by Anonymousreply 189July 5, 2019 10:46 AM

R174 none of us here would ever do that. But I have you blocked so maybe you did it?

by Anonymousreply 190July 5, 2019 10:50 AM

Felt casual to whom? Over what period of time was he repeatedly pictured holding Ellie's hand in full view of the press? The man claimed her whether you like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 191July 5, 2019 10:50 AM

R186 werenā€™t they on and off though for those 5 years?

by Anonymousreply 192July 5, 2019 10:51 AM

Since when does holding hands in public and claiming someone mean that the relationship is taken seriously?

by Anonymousreply 193July 5, 2019 10:54 AM

r191 Can you link those repeatedly pictured photos? I only remember one of those.

by Anonymousreply 194July 5, 2019 10:56 AM

It's mentioned time and time again that Madden is very private. Handholding at a press event is something he's done with how many women?

by Anonymousreply 195July 5, 2019 10:58 AM

Serpentine Gallery Summer Party (2018)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 5, 2019 11:00 AM

En route to the Ferragamo show, Milan Fashion Week (September, 2018).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197July 5, 2019 11:01 AM

Has Ellie ever been to an important event of Richard like the graduation with Richard's family after only 8 months?

by Anonymousreply 198July 5, 2019 11:02 AM

R195 Only really with Jenna, I think. I don't remember him doing that with Ellie, my memory is typically they'd arrive/pose separately. There are more pictures of him holding hands with her than just one set though- candids of them leaving various places, if memory serves.

by Anonymousreply 199July 5, 2019 11:02 AM

Must we do Ellie and Jenna redux again?

by Anonymousreply 200July 5, 2019 11:03 AM

Wow. We're 47 threads in and we've discussed Richard's ex girlfriends how many times? 10? 30? Enough already please. It's the exact same conversation every time. Which relationship was more serious/meaningful... How long will R&B last... Why does Richard's sister follow Jenna etc. It's so boring and adds nothing of value to the discussion of R&B's relationship.

by Anonymousreply 201July 5, 2019 11:06 AM

R201 yes, thank you. The only thing that matters is Richard is presently in a serious relationship with Brandon. Who cares about his or Brandon's past relationships. They don't need to be used as benchmarks for R and B.

by Anonymousreply 202July 5, 2019 11:08 AM

R200 agreed. Lol there's no reason for endless comparison between his current relationship with Brandon and the ones with his past girlfriends. Nor is there any reason for trying to belittle or diminish said past relationships. He's with Brandon now and they both seem pretty damn happy.

by Anonymousreply 203July 5, 2019 11:09 AM

[quote] Nor is there any reason for trying to belittle or diminish said past relationships.

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 204July 5, 2019 11:11 AM

Pride In London is tomorrow and itā€™s also International Kissing Day. Perhaps weā€™ll get lucky again... (not holding my breath but itā€™s fun to imagine!)

by Anonymousreply 205July 5, 2019 11:13 AM

Just to clarify. I don't think saying R's relationship with E was casual in my opinion is belittling of her. Relationships are different and if both parties are fine with things being casual why shouldn't be casual. Not all relationships are the forever love romance novels preach is the only right thing.

It's only when people don't agree that things start to hurt.

by Anonymousreply 206July 5, 2019 11:14 AM

All I want is for R to post about yesterday's events and B to like. I don't need much.

by Anonymousreply 207July 5, 2019 11:16 AM

Celebrities who are private don't behave as Richard did in front of the press with Ellie (or Jenna). Their relationship wasn't casual any more than Madden's relationship with Jenna Coleman was "because it was on and off" etc.

by Anonymousreply 208July 5, 2019 11:21 AM

Brandon gets this daily. Just remember that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 5, 2019 11:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210July 5, 2019 11:31 AM

R208 Iā€™m not really understanding youā€™ve been trying to say here. Are you saying Richard isnā€™t private because of how he acted in his past relationships and that means they were very serious? Not to continue on this topic because I agree with everyone that itā€™s tired but like... what are you even saying

by Anonymousreply 211July 5, 2019 11:31 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212July 5, 2019 11:32 AM

This one actually edited out the part where B touches R when he sits down??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 5, 2019 11:32 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214July 5, 2019 11:33 AM

R209 Brandon gets better because itā€™s real. This is fiction in front of cameras and crew.

by Anonymousreply 215July 5, 2019 11:33 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216July 5, 2019 11:34 AM

R211 scratching my head too.

by Anonymousreply 217July 5, 2019 11:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218July 5, 2019 11:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219July 5, 2019 11:35 AM

Richard is private, therefore the women he's shown off publicly have meant enough to him for him to "go public" with them. They were not casual relationships.

by Anonymousreply 220July 5, 2019 11:37 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221July 5, 2019 11:37 AM

lmao the Rocketman sex scene spam ... I'll take it over other kinds of spam, but girl we've seen it. Either in the theater or alone in our bunks.

by Anonymousreply 222July 5, 2019 11:41 AM

R220 you wrote that no one who is private would do what he did by showing them off in public, implying that heā€™s not actually private. Hence the confusion. But anyway I disagree, but itā€™s neither here nor there. Those relationships ultimately ended.

by Anonymousreply 223July 5, 2019 11:42 AM

R222. NOT going to stop me. ;)

by Anonymousreply 224July 5, 2019 11:44 AM

You disagree that someone who is private doesn't present casual relationships in front of the press? Odd.

by Anonymousreply 225July 5, 2019 11:47 AM

Totally random. But for fellow trash queens who read shit gossip from Perez Hilton...I can *not* believe he has not sniffed out/picked up on these two...he's supposed to be on the up and up with celebs. He has not reported on RM much but when BF dated Sam Smith it was a sort of hot topic with him.....

I know he mentioned he would not "out" celebs anymore like he used to, such a douchebag move...but I'm curious if he is generally unaware or maybe it is not big enough news to him to want to report?

Thoughts ?

by Anonymousreply 226July 5, 2019 11:50 AM

There have been no good photos for Perez or any other big outlet to post. No photos, no story.

by Anonymousreply 227July 5, 2019 11:52 AM

*no good "new" photos.

by Anonymousreply 228July 5, 2019 11:53 AM

R225 Yes because if heā€™s private about serious relationships, making them super public and fodder for the press goes against his private nature and his desire to want to protect said relationships?? I donā€™t really count Jenna because he was a lot younger and still new to being in the public eye and they were together for a long time. But by Ellie, he knew the game and that entire relationship was built on building up her name in the press. He was barely even mentally present during 75% of it. Itā€™s not that hard to understand. Can we move on? You seem so hung up on this topic.

by Anonymousreply 229July 5, 2019 11:53 AM

That entire relationship was built on building up her name in the press? Are you suggesting their relationship was a business arrangement?

[Quote] He was barely even mentally present during 75% of it.

Oh wow. You're pretending that you've been inside his head?

by Anonymousreply 230July 5, 2019 11:58 AM

R227 & R228 Honestly, just the photos we have seen would seem good enough? Especially the marijuana pics with Richard's hand upon B's neck?

Plus the ones in NY?

Yeah idk. Seems strange to me.

You would have also thought he would have posted the Billy Porter interview about "straight actors" playing gay roles and him singling out RM.

Perez seems to have slowed down a lot, imo.

Maybe they are not "A" list enough for him. It just seems to me like it would be his dream to report/fantasy of RM whom everyone would assume to be straight, living his best gay/bi life with the openly gay ex of Sam Smith...whom he did report on a lot.

by Anonymousreply 231July 5, 2019 11:58 AM

Has anyone checked on Lipstick Alley since yesterday?

by Anonymousreply 232July 5, 2019 11:59 AM

I did see a recent comment from the LSA thread OP. It was something like "I dgaf about Brandon or whoever". That poster is... interesting. They've been sub-posting about someone, I think it's Rose Leslie. They're a Kitchard devotee... That poster is best avoided, I think.

Someone should start an R&B appreciation over on LSA. It would make a good back up if these threads get banned by Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 233July 5, 2019 12:03 PM

R230 Lol dude, get over yourself please. Exhausting. I see that youā€™ve returned after a short hiatus! I mean if you donā€™t listen to things he says in interviews about that timeframe, Iā€™m not gonna waste my time filling in the blanks for you. But just to turn this around... Are you suggesting that you know that it WASNT a business arrangement and that youā€™re inside his head? Sounds like hypocrisy to me.

by Anonymousreply 234July 5, 2019 12:04 PM

Brandon is really important for Richard, it's the first man he has been linked publicly, it's only been 7 months since they are dating, he's risking a lot but he doesn't care, they look really in love, I'm still touched about the hug with mama Madden, we joke about them getting hicked but is not impossible at this point lol!

by Anonymousreply 235July 5, 2019 12:09 PM

R235 Agree. They are both very invested in this relationship. Richard fucking moved in after like 2 months. I donā€™t care about their past relationships since they are OVER. I see two people really devoted to each other and working to build something solid together. And I love the mom and B moment yesterday. On to Miami at some point this summer. Fingers crossed

by Anonymousreply 236July 5, 2019 12:16 PM

You don't count Jenna because he was new to the the limelight but yet you also mention that it was a long relationship. GOT was first shown in 2011. They split 2015/2016, no? He was well accustomed to the limelight by the time they split. Doing the red carpet with Jenna wasn hardly some "I was young and foolish" decision.

He went to the Evening Standard Awards with Ellie in November 2018. They were photographed arriving together but they did the red carpet separately. That's an example of Madden being public with his relationship, but only to a certain point. Having Brandon sit in the front row of the RSAMD ceremony is another example of Richard being public but only to a certain point.

Thus, Richard is pretty deliberate in how he presents his private relationships to the public. He's not holding a "casual's" hand in full view of the press. That was a deliberate decision. Posting pics from the same location on each other's instagrams is another example of how he negotiates the public and the private. Douglas Booth and Bel Powley do the same thing (e.g. Yosemite).

[Quote] But just to turn this around... Are you suggesting that you know that it WASNT a business arrangement and that youā€™re inside his head? Sounds like hypocrisy to me.

Nah, it sounds like you know you failed to make a convincing point so you try to "turn it around".

by Anonymousreply 237July 5, 2019 12:18 PM

R237 lord.... there is a material difference between arriving to a press event with your gf and then not posing together. In the world of celeb relationship confirmation it matters.

Also it was virtually a dead relationship by November 2018 so I don't know that that's a great example of the depth of Richard's seriousness. Actually considering Richard was on the verge of if not already starting something with Brandon you might conclude that it was guilt or overcompensating.

by Anonymousreply 238July 5, 2019 12:23 PM

Again, you are a hypocrite by acting like you know what he was thinking and doing (ā€œheā€™s private so by showing them off publicly it must have been serious!ā€ Uh Ok?) but criticising someone else for using Richardā€™s own words in interviews to formulate a logical idea of his mindframe during the majority of his relationship. Iā€™ll say this once more, move the fuck on and drop the topic. I didnā€™t miss you. No one did. You are the most exhausting person that has ever been on these threads. Even more than the spammers who call us fat and lonely. I have zero patience for your bullshit anymore. Move. On.

by Anonymousreply 239July 5, 2019 12:24 PM

R237 Richard is in a different place in his career and he may also just have changed his POV on how to navigate life and fame as his star has rise . It makes no sense for people to keep comparing now and years ago. He recently said this is ā€œthe happiest heā€™s ever beenā€ and thatā€™s pretty telling.

by Anonymousreply 240July 5, 2019 12:25 PM

[quote] there is a material difference between arriving to a press event with your gf and then not posing together. In the world of celeb relationship confirmation it matters.

If that were true, the arriving/departing pics would have no press value, which is patently untrue.

by Anonymousreply 241July 5, 2019 12:27 PM

"Having Brandon sit in the front row of the RSAMD ceremony is another example of Richard being public but only to a certain point."

This wasn't a celeb promotional event, it was a personal honor in public that Brandon was part of with the rest of Richard's loved ones. That is arguably of a different quality than press events.

by Anonymousreply 242July 5, 2019 12:28 PM

R241 it is true. Read any report of any celeb couples first red carpet outting where they pose together. And it's not a zero sum game, I didn't say arrival/departing pics had no value. I said they're materially different in how they are viewed.

by Anonymousreply 243July 5, 2019 12:31 PM

Honorary degrees are given as promotional events for the institution. It was livestreamed on the interent. The offficial twitter account was encouraging gif usage, hashtagging etc. Richard posed with the students. Press outlets picked up the pics etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 244July 5, 2019 12:31 PM

What are these people arguing about?

by Anonymousreply 245July 5, 2019 12:32 PM

R244 I am done with this reply but if you can't acknowledge a difference between the serpentine gallery party or the evening standard party and a graduation that YES HAD PRESS there then you're being obtuse.

by Anonymousreply 246July 5, 2019 12:34 PM

Some of y'all...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247July 5, 2019 12:34 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248July 5, 2019 12:34 PM

R248 There are strangers who are pictured together at public events just in that same way. Doesnā€™t mean they are in a serious, committed relationship.

by Anonymousreply 249July 5, 2019 12:37 PM

R248 Who cares how he represented his relationship with Ellie? The relationship crashed and burned or fizzled. Are we now holding his relationship that quickly failed to be some benchmark?

by Anonymousreply 250July 5, 2019 12:38 PM

r249

And those people hold hands for a... gag?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251July 5, 2019 12:39 PM

You know if you keep arguing like this you going to get this thread ban unless that is your goal in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 252July 5, 2019 12:39 PM

R249 LMAO I seriously don't care to discuss past relationships, Ellie and/or Jenna, Sam, etc... but please tell me that was a joke.

by Anonymousreply 253July 5, 2019 12:40 PM

For the record there is vast difference between arriving for an event and getting photographed by the paparazzi and a red carpet appearance.

Moving on because I'm boring myself now discussing this dead relationship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254July 5, 2019 12:41 PM

Richard said himself "I'm sleeping with someone". "You can see [it/us] on the internet." or words to that effect. Didn't one of the articles even mention their (then) upcoming vacation? Casual? Sure, sure.

by Anonymousreply 255July 5, 2019 12:41 PM

I feel like Iā€™m back in middle school where holding hands was the ultimate act of intimacy.

by Anonymousreply 256July 5, 2019 12:41 PM

r254

Are you saying the lack of a red carpet debut means their relationship was therefore casual? Despite being confirmed by Madden in print? Seems a bit of a leap...

by Anonymousreply 257July 5, 2019 12:42 PM

Troll alert.

by Anonymousreply 258July 5, 2019 12:43 PM

R253 lol no, I was commenting on the photo you chose to use as evidence. Obviously I know they arenā€™t strangers. I was simply saying that particular photo didnā€™t prove anything.

by Anonymousreply 259July 5, 2019 12:43 PM

Why is it so hard to accept that Richard had a normal relationship with Ellie? I've a feeling some people here only want to call it casual because it makes them feel better about the shady overlap between his relationship with Ellie and with Brandon and it also makes them feel better about the fact that she was very young when they started dating and they had a big age difference. Nothing points to the fact that the relationship was casual. Richard is private with relationships. If it had only been casual for him he wouldn't have arrived to events with her together, held hands in front of paps, he wouldn't have spent many holidays with her. It was just a normal relationship that ended.

by Anonymousreply 260July 5, 2019 12:43 PM

[quote] please tell me that was a joke.

Fangirls will do all kinds of mental gymnastics. They're never jokin', b.

by Anonymousreply 261July 5, 2019 12:44 PM

A 'troll alert' is an alarm issued when an internet troll is detected. A Troll is a person who posts outrageous or insensitive messages to bait people to answer. Trolls like to cause debate-mayhem on forums and posts, by provoking and pulling people into heated discussion. Results in general discord and new enemies. Troll Alerts are issued to help prevent victims of troll-tolls:

by Anonymousreply 262July 5, 2019 12:44 PM

[quote] Why is it so hard to accept that Richard had a normal relationship with Ellie?

I have no idea. It's not like she's remotely a threat to R&B.

by Anonymousreply 263July 5, 2019 12:44 PM

This is getting ridiculous. Weā€™ve hashed through this one million times. You can analyze every photo and every word each person says, but no one knows anything except the people actually in it. There can be smiling pictures at an event and the two people hate each other, just had a fight or break up the next day. You can also go the other way. In the NY walking pics, R looks miserable but we presume heā€™s happy with B. Unless Ellie wants to come on here and spill the tea, letā€™s drop it. Accept that all three relationships were/are real and valid and important to Richard at the time. Itā€™s not like he loves B less because of it.

by Anonymousreply 264July 5, 2019 12:46 PM

[quote] it also makes them feel better about the fact that she was very young when they started dating

If that's true, that's really fucked up.

I did notice that the poster who ground the LSA thread to a halt was consistently bitchy about Ellie. I suspect that poster has migrated here.

by Anonymousreply 265July 5, 2019 12:47 PM

So people here want this thread to be ban. Going to find a new place to talk about Richard/Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 266July 5, 2019 12:48 PM

[quote] Going to find a new place to talk about Richard/Brandon.

Is there a Reddit thread?

by Anonymousreply 267July 5, 2019 12:49 PM

If you aren't a troll can you please stop this discussion about Ellie. We should start blocking those that keep it going. Who cares if some random poster said it was more casual. None of us are in his head and it's been debated enough. They aren't together anymore and that's that. Enough is enough.

by Anonymousreply 268July 5, 2019 12:49 PM

r268 seriously

by Anonymousreply 269July 5, 2019 12:51 PM

Ok, I don't care about Richard's ex, can we stop? All I care about it's Richard and Brandon relationship! They are in love and pretty serious so back to the topic! The way they smile at each other is beautiful!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270July 5, 2019 12:52 PM

I'm embarrassed I engaged, sorry! Back to the only topic at hand.

by Anonymousreply 271July 5, 2019 12:56 PM

Can that cunt Richard post about his honorary degree now? I mean, we need to discuss the emoji Brandon will comment with. At least that is a fresh topic!

by Anonymousreply 272July 5, 2019 12:56 PM

R270 quality content right there. God damn.

by Anonymousreply 273July 5, 2019 12:57 PM

Lol just to clarify, Iā€™ve been the OP of a ton of these threads, Iā€™ve provided the videos from the ceremony yesterday, plenty of screenshots of things, and the info about Eltonā€™s party before anyone knew about it. Just because I think (based on what Richard has said himself in interviews) that he was mentally checked out during a large portion of his past relationship, doesnā€™t make me a troll or that I want these threads banned. Clearly not. Just want to state that for the record. People can engage in an argument (even if they shouldnā€™t) and still be an active and helpful contributor to these threads.

by Anonymousreply 274July 5, 2019 12:58 PM

I thought this was nice. How exciting for him and his family. I just love the pictures of him smiling with all the other grads. Nice that B was there and is with him in general for such an exciting time in his life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275July 5, 2019 12:58 PM

Is Hugh Hodgart married? Because his emphasis on Madden's ass in that speech...

by Anonymousreply 276July 5, 2019 12:59 PM

R275 awesome that is got such good coverage!

by Anonymousreply 277July 5, 2019 1:00 PM

Also very telling that Brandon was cutting up with Richardā€™s sister the whole time. Heā€™s totally charmed her already.

by Anonymousreply 278July 5, 2019 1:01 PM

R276 talking about Richard's ass?

Is Brandon going to have to cut a bitch?

by Anonymousreply 279July 5, 2019 1:02 PM

R278 He is such a sweet soul. None of the Maddenā€™s could resist. I imagine him playing around with the kids.

by Anonymousreply 280July 5, 2019 1:03 PM

Honestly a lot of you need a timeout on the naughty step like we do to 5 year olds who constantly keep arguing with each other!

My only comment about the Ellie relationship is why does everyone keep saying VERY young she was 19 possibly 20 when she started dating Richard that is young yes but not VERY young.

Can any of you honestly say that if 30 year old Richard had hit on and asked out 19 year old you, you would you have turned that down with a ā€œno sorry Iā€™m far too young for you, people will talk!ā€ ??????

by Anonymousreply 281July 5, 2019 1:17 PM

It's on Richard to not hit on teenagers like a creep, not on teenagers to say no.

by Anonymousreply 282July 5, 2019 1:20 PM

Stop feeding the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 283July 5, 2019 1:22 PM

I'm not a troll. I don't care much about Richard dating Ellie and I don't put much thought into it, but if I had a friend who was 30 and he started hitting on a 19-year-old I'd tell him to sort himself out. I don't think it's a good look, or the most appropriate thing in the world. It's also not the worst.

by Anonymousreply 284July 5, 2019 1:27 PM

Well, someone upthread suggested it was a business arrangement. (A la Henry Cavill?)

by Anonymousreply 285July 5, 2019 1:28 PM

I am impressed by how these students have not leaked any info about Brandon being there. Brandon sat for more than an hour facing a stage filled with students and nobody has said anything. Mad respect. I mean, he may not be known in Scotland but you canā€™t tell me none of the people in the entire event recognized him. If these were Italians.... :)

by Anonymousreply 286July 5, 2019 1:30 PM

I came in here to comment that I canā€™t believe I missed the part of the speech where the guy commented about Richardā€™s ā€œbare bottom.ā€ I wish the camera had moved to Richard sooner (and oh, God, how I wish I could have seen Brandonā€™s reaction). But when they finally showed Richard, he was blushing as he was laughing. It was cute.

by Anonymousreply 287July 5, 2019 1:31 PM

Who's fucking who would already have been a topic at RSAMD. The students know.

by Anonymousreply 288July 5, 2019 1:31 PM

R285 Oh Jesus Christ.. I didnā€™t suggest it was a business arrangement. Those words were put on me by an argumentative troll. But sorry, I refuse to believe that the relationship wasnā€™t also used by her team (his team too? Who knows!) to build up her name in the press. maybe that was what she wanted it for all along! We donā€™t know. Itā€™s just my opinion and I could very well be wrong. Who cares. Letā€™s move on.

by Anonymousreply 289July 5, 2019 1:32 PM

Why would his team want to build up her name in the press?

by Anonymousreply 290July 5, 2019 1:33 PM

R284 Yeah not as bad as DiCaprio but still eyebrow-raising. He did catch some flack from the twitterverse for it too. Anyway imo itā€™s more cause for concern if thatā€™s his type (a la Leo) but given his history, itā€™s not.

by Anonymousreply 291July 5, 2019 1:33 PM

Her team would want to build her name up in the press, not his. His team would allow it because she's his girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 292July 5, 2019 1:35 PM

DiCaprio's are usually into their twenties, no? James Woods is more an example of jail bait fancier. And Singer.

by Anonymousreply 293July 5, 2019 1:36 PM

Can we move off this topic yet?

by Anonymousreply 294July 5, 2019 1:37 PM

NO ONE FUCKING CARES ABOUT ELLIE.

You people argue about the stupidest shit.

by Anonymousreply 295July 5, 2019 1:37 PM

They had common friends and common interests. He seems to be a ā€œyoungā€ thirty something and she seems a bit more mature (from what Iā€™ve seen in interviews) than her age. Some people donā€™t focus on age. Please letā€™s move past this.

by Anonymousreply 296July 5, 2019 1:37 PM

R292 mutually beneficial to them both, is it not? But again.. not sure why people must continue to nitpick at everything.

by Anonymousreply 297July 5, 2019 1:38 PM

I don't know how beneficial dating a teenager is for a 30 year old actor's profile, especially in the current climate.

by Anonymousreply 298July 5, 2019 1:41 PM

Thread ban coming in 3,2,1.....

by Anonymousreply 299July 5, 2019 1:42 PM

[R286] I don't think it's that exciting of gossip to post publicly about seeing Brandon openly watching Richard getting an honorary doctorate at your prestigious drama school graduation. There isn't anything scandalous about it, and all those folks are trying to be actors so they are probably not likely to post random public gossip about their famous alumni when it would just come off like gossiping since he was very publicly sitting there.

by Anonymousreply 300July 5, 2019 1:42 PM

Maybe people should make a thread just for Richard and Ellie?

by Anonymousreply 301July 5, 2019 1:43 PM

20 year old is not a teenager.

Please Richard post something and save us from ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 302July 5, 2019 1:44 PM

Remember when they were in Monaco and Richard was pictured talking with his dad and Brandon and his mum weren't there? We assumed that they were together, after watching that hug I'm thinking about them being so close together after just a few times they met. It's beautiful that Mama Madden loves Brandon so much, Richard must be happy!

by Anonymousreply 303July 5, 2019 1:44 PM

r301 for real. Itā€™s annoying af at this point.

by Anonymousreply 304July 5, 2019 1:45 PM

Yes, please make a separate thread to continue that discussion about Ellie. There is nothing wrong with mentioning her, but stop hijacking this discussion to argue about what their relationship meant. Who cares.

by Anonymousreply 305July 5, 2019 1:46 PM

Rs stylist posted a graduation pic. Something about the caption just makes me laugh. Heā€™s a friend and is gushing about R and then tags Armani. It was just humorous to me. ā€œUnder his blue graduation robesā€ lol.

Cheryl posted a story of the DM photo with R and his mom tagging both her and R as doctor. Funny.

I canā€™t post either photo right now, but I wanted to get us talking about something else!

by Anonymousreply 306July 5, 2019 1:49 PM

R303 You may be right! It cracks me up that the guy who took the photo with the GoT actor apparently wasnā€™t aware there was another GoT actor in the background.

by Anonymousreply 307July 5, 2019 1:49 PM

r303 Brandon is super charming and sweet so no surprise lol. I fell in love with Brandon after watching his interviews even if I didnā€™t care for his character in 13RW. I bet Richard was charmed too after meeting him lol.

by Anonymousreply 308July 5, 2019 1:50 PM

R306 Thanks! Can someone direct me to Cherylā€™s Instagram page?

by Anonymousreply 309July 5, 2019 1:51 PM

Could Brandon post a pic from the ceremony? He was clearly taking some, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310July 5, 2019 1:51 PM

R308 whoah now, that goes to Richard's mental state, the correct assumption is he's probably fond of Brandon but who's to say.

by Anonymousreply 311July 5, 2019 1:52 PM

R309 Here it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312July 5, 2019 1:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313July 5, 2019 1:54 PM

Cheryl reposted the pap pic?

by Anonymousreply 314July 5, 2019 1:55 PM

She did. So did Richard's sister.

by Anonymousreply 315July 5, 2019 1:58 PM

R311 LOL! I will never not laugh at that. I can picture Richard saying to Brandon upon their first meeting, ā€œFancy a QF? Iā€™m quite fond of you.ā€

by Anonymousreply 316July 5, 2019 2:03 PM

R174, there is a wacky fan out there who I think is Italian and she (I assume the fan is a she) leaves hate for Jenna but keeps insisting that Jenna and Richard are back together (I think itā€™s to rile up the folks that ship Jenna and her bf).

by Anonymousreply 317July 5, 2019 2:03 PM

R312 Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 318July 5, 2019 2:03 PM

R174, Yes, the Italian Jenna hater is a fan of Jenna's boyfriend and hates Jenna for that reason. They could care less about Richard, and only use him to make Jenna seem bad.

by Anonymousreply 319July 5, 2019 2:19 PM

Oops, that was for R317

by Anonymousreply 320July 5, 2019 2:21 PM

R319 People are insane.

by Anonymousreply 321July 5, 2019 2:22 PM

Thank you r319.

I agree r321, people are insane.

by Anonymousreply 322July 5, 2019 2:28 PM

If only B was the famewhore and attention seeker he's accused of. We'd have stories and photos already!

by Anonymousreply 323July 5, 2019 2:29 PM

Just imagine how many pics they have in their phones...

by Anonymousreply 324July 5, 2019 2:32 PM

Anyway, can we say that yesterday it was their "first public appearance together"?

by Anonymousreply 325July 5, 2019 2:34 PM

Not that social activity should matter (even though itā€™s told us a lot in the past) but I canā€™t believe theyā€™ve both been off for a full 3 days at this point. In about an hour itā€™ll be 72 hours. I mean good for them but also, I miss them!!

by Anonymousreply 326July 5, 2019 2:41 PM

R324 I honestly canā€™t think about that or Iā€™ll explode. As great as those pics are, I hope B learned a lesson and doesnā€™t put his stuff on the cloud this time lol

by Anonymousreply 327July 5, 2019 2:42 PM

r327 He was hacked?

by Anonymousreply 328July 5, 2019 2:45 PM

And as I said that, B just came back on! Lol

by Anonymousreply 329July 5, 2019 2:46 PM

Yo I've got to say again (I know it's been said by others a thousand times before)- but it's kind of amazing how serious this relationship looks. There's just no way I could see Brandon literally being front and center with RM's family and a few of his long time friends at this kind of ceremony which was obviously an important personal achievement for RM, IF this wasn't that serious.

by Anonymousreply 330July 5, 2019 2:46 PM

R328 yeah a Sam Smith fan hacked into Bā€™s iCloud and stole a bunch of personal pics of them and text convos and stuff like that

by Anonymousreply 331July 5, 2019 2:47 PM

Wow, I didn't know that. Again, what is wrong with people?!

by Anonymousreply 332July 5, 2019 2:51 PM

Did the Sam Smith fan have a well known IG/Twitter account? What was their aim? A Sam Smith Fappening?

by Anonymousreply 333July 5, 2019 2:55 PM

So did we already talk about Brandon for sure calling Richard ā€œdoctorā€ last night in bed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334July 5, 2019 3:01 PM

Which sister are you guys following on Instagram as the only one I can see is one called Elle and sheā€™s got her account set to private!?!

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 335July 5, 2019 3:02 PM

R335 c.a.r.a.b

by Anonymousreply 336July 5, 2019 3:03 PM

R334 and hopefully with him still wearing the robes

by Anonymousreply 337July 5, 2019 3:03 PM

R335 cara is public. it's c.a.r.a.b

by Anonymousreply 338July 5, 2019 3:03 PM

r334 We did.

by Anonymousreply 339July 5, 2019 3:04 PM

Why can't I find anything about B's icloud being hacked when I google?

by Anonymousreply 340July 5, 2019 3:05 PM

R340 idk.. Iā€™ve seen it talked about a lot of different twitter accounts

by Anonymousreply 341July 5, 2019 3:08 PM

I remember a couple of threads back there was a conversation about Brandon blocking a fan who had shared some of those private photos. I don't know if it was the person who hacked him or just someone who re-posted the hacked photos, but B made it clear he wasn't happy with what they did.

by Anonymousreply 342July 5, 2019 3:08 PM

R339 clearly not enough because Iā€™m always caught up on these threads lol

by Anonymousreply 343July 5, 2019 3:08 PM

r343 I even suggested their theme song be Doctor Doctor by Thompson Twins since it fits perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 344July 5, 2019 3:22 PM

YES @ Brandon liking this post from Richard's friend Daniel. Ha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345July 5, 2019 3:30 PM

Where to next for them? Itā€™s always so fun to see where they end up. Iā€™m guessing LA.

by Anonymousreply 346July 5, 2019 3:35 PM

I'd guess LA in the coming days.

by Anonymousreply 347July 5, 2019 3:38 PM

[R172] Huh, looking at that image Iā€™m forced to admit that Dylan Oā€™Brien might yet grow up to be hot someday. There's a surprisingly strong resemblance.

I think Richardā€™s appearance has changed more over a relatively short span of years than just about anyone Iā€™ve ever seen without Zellweger-level plastic surgery being involved.

[R215] Also, presumably the hideous 70s wig is nowhere to be seen in real life.

by Anonymousreply 348July 5, 2019 3:40 PM

Wtf. Are comments not loading properly for anyone else. It's driving me mad!

by Anonymousreply 349July 5, 2019 3:47 PM

R349 It's been that way for several days now for me. Total pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 350July 5, 2019 3:53 PM

It functions better on the computer than the phone.

by Anonymousreply 351July 5, 2019 3:54 PM

Comments are loading fine for me.

by Anonymousreply 352July 5, 2019 3:55 PM

I have to constantly refresh my screen. Only five or so new comments load at one time. My goodness. This shit is driving me insane

by Anonymousreply 353July 5, 2019 3:59 PM

Not sure if Brandon was really hacked. The explanation the IG user gave, was that the pics came from his profile on WhatsApp. Not sure if that is the truth but the thing is, Brandon did share his phone number in one of his IG stories at that time, by accident of course. I can imagine, there are some crazy and desperate people, who would exploit the situation.

by Anonymousreply 354July 5, 2019 4:01 PM

R353 Has been happening on my pad for days, but not my laptop?

by Anonymousreply 355July 5, 2019 4:04 PM

R353 Try to click on the number of unread posts, it should load. Doesn't work for everyone but for me it does.

by Anonymousreply 356July 5, 2019 4:04 PM

R353 Doest work for me. It's the worst on mobile bit it so happens on the laptop. It loads more but still not properly.

by Anonymousreply 357July 5, 2019 4:07 PM

Video of the ceremony from Getty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358July 5, 2019 4:09 PM

Comments weren't loading well the other day and I logged out and logged back in and it fixed it for me, been working fine since.

by Anonymousreply 359July 5, 2019 4:11 PM

r358 cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360July 5, 2019 4:16 PM

r360 another

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361July 5, 2019 4:17 PM

From that clip, Richard was looking at Brandon while he wasn't looking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362July 5, 2019 4:18 PM

Those smiles are so sweet

by Anonymousreply 363July 5, 2019 4:19 PM

They are so cute, they are perfect together!

by Anonymousreply 364July 5, 2019 4:23 PM

Maddlyn, thanks. Love his different angle.

by Anonymousreply 365July 5, 2019 4:24 PM

R360 This is the best one I've seen yet of the two of them looking right at each other. Fucking adorable.

by Anonymousreply 366July 5, 2019 4:26 PM

R278 Omg that cackling laughter by Lauren in the very beginning (prior to the graduates walking out) was truly something. Her head was rocking back and forth while she laughed and you could just see Brandon was totally enjoying it. He seems like a natural goof at heart who loves to make people smile. It was so sweet to see that El was pretty much Chatty Cathy-ing with him the majority of the time. Iā€™ve watched the video a bunch of times (yes i need to stop) and if anyone is interested, at around 38/39 minutes past the hour mark, you can see Brandon and Lauren talking and laughing again and Richard smiles when he sees them, itā€™s truly so so so cute.

by Anonymousreply 367July 5, 2019 4:28 PM

R367 is that on the official livestream video? So like an hour and 38 minutes in?

by Anonymousreply 368July 5, 2019 4:29 PM

r360 Wow. That coupling is totally melting this old cynic. I think I'm starting to believe in true love. Not just horniness, compatible sex and friendship.

by Anonymousreply 369July 5, 2019 4:30 PM

It was super cute catching moments where Richard was looking at Bflynn or in his direction regardless of Brandon looking at him. I didnā€™t expect Richard to give that much attention to him considering everything like them being lowkey, but itā€™s obvious to me now that it doesnā€™t seem like he can help it with Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 370July 5, 2019 4:31 PM

R368 Yes, Iā€™m talking about the official livestream.

by Anonymousreply 371July 5, 2019 4:32 PM

Can someone links the official livestream?

by Anonymousreply 372July 5, 2019 4:36 PM

R368 More specifically 1:38:50~ around there

by Anonymousreply 373July 5, 2019 4:36 PM

R360 the fangirl jumped out of me with this one. That's some kind of tooth-rotting, diabetes inducing sweetness.

by Anonymousreply 374July 5, 2019 4:36 PM

R360 We canā€™t see his face but pretty sure Brandon has his brilliant smile in full force.

by Anonymousreply 375July 5, 2019 4:37 PM

R372 Here ya go!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376July 5, 2019 4:39 PM

Doctor Richard Madden is in love, ain't it grand.

by Anonymousreply 377July 5, 2019 4:41 PM

I see at 1:38:50ish! The man has it bad

by Anonymousreply 378July 5, 2019 4:45 PM

R377 R388 I know we get a lot of flack here for assuming we know how these guys feel, but by applying simple logic and using our observation skills, I think we can safely assume that they have it bad for each other. And if anyone wants to argue that assessment, well, I'll just ignore you. :)

by Anonymousreply 379July 5, 2019 5:01 PM

r378 I wonder if the people who waked by them after getting their diplomas could FEEL the electricity between R&B!!??

by Anonymousreply 380July 5, 2019 5:08 PM

R376 thanks!

by Anonymousreply 381July 5, 2019 5:13 PM

I have been checking reddit. Do. Not see anything R267.

by Anonymousreply 382July 5, 2019 5:19 PM

I guess if these threads get banned, a new thread/forum URL could be added to the timeline and as long as people bookmark the Google doc...

by Anonymousreply 383July 5, 2019 5:22 PM

why would these threads get banned?

by Anonymousreply 384July 5, 2019 5:23 PM

Itā€™s not going to be banned

by Anonymousreply 385July 5, 2019 5:23 PM

Someone upthread claimed it was going to be banned in 3,2,1. Apparently it happened to other couples threads (was it Lee Pace and Richard Armitage?).

by Anonymousreply 386July 5, 2019 5:25 PM

R386 How would some random person be able to predict that and more importantly why believe them? The Lee Pace threads were completely different anyway. Thereā€™s nothing wrong or against the rules happening here right now.

by Anonymousreply 387July 5, 2019 5:31 PM

Can we have a link to the timeline please? Where is Anony when we need them! Lots to update on it...

by Anonymousreply 388July 5, 2019 5:31 PM

i believe that some of the threads that got banned strayed too far into fan fiction and were not of real couples.

by Anonymousreply 389July 5, 2019 5:33 PM

If you've ever opened the timeline in your google drive then itā€™ll be there still. You just have to go to recent files in your drive

by Anonymousreply 390July 5, 2019 5:34 PM

Muriel said in the AMA that those threads get banned when the fangirl spamming becomes excessive/starts to leak into other DL threads. Happened to the Lee Pace/Armitage threads and the CMBYN threads. So count me as another whoā€™s not sure why rehashing old shit like Richardā€™s exes would get these threads banned. Itā€™s tedious and repetitive, yes, but nothing worthy of banning.

Anyway, as much as people complain about the tone here leaning too fan fiction-y, itā€™s nothing compared to how nasty and unhinged other threads have gotten. Last I looked in one of the Armie Hammer threads they were trashing his wife and insisting he hates his infant son.

by Anonymousreply 391July 5, 2019 5:49 PM

The Luke Evans thread poster(s) - mean as snakes.

by Anonymousreply 392July 5, 2019 5:55 PM

For whatever my random anon opinion is worth, I've been reading the last 25 of these threads and I haven't seen much fan girl fanfiction. The ex gf discussions are tiresome as fuck but have mostly been somewhat respectful and based in reality. I've seen a lot of people excited that they're together, but that seems normal to me? They're a pair of hot likable guys adorably in love, why wouldn't people be giddy at that?

by Anonymousreply 393July 5, 2019 6:10 PM

R379 itā€™s kind of a given that Brandon would seriously be into RM - itā€™s pretty much a guarantee he had a crush on him on GoT and then getting to actually meet him in person all those months ago, he was probably having a mini internal fangirl moment.

Now Richard, on the other hand, how much he seems to be into Brandon - moving in with him, taking him almost everywhere, making the effort to introduce him to family and close friends - seriously amazes me more. Obviously after watching some of Brandonā€™s interviews it makes sense to me - he really seems lovely - but Iā€™m still like damn.

by Anonymousreply 394July 5, 2019 6:12 PM

Does anyone know how old Brandon is in this pic? He looks so different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395July 5, 2019 6:14 PM

Oh man, datalounge being down for like 5 minutes right after talk of banning threads lol.. anyway, to answer your question r395 I honestly donā€™t know for sure but my guess would be maybe 15/16?

by Anonymousreply 396July 5, 2019 6:27 PM

R394 All of this! And gifting him a pricey necklace like 2 or less months into dating? Richard really seems like he is totally gone for Bflynn. The risks heā€™s taken to be with Brandon clearly seems to have him in a better place and thatā€™s just gorgeous.

R395 I think thatā€™s one of those early actor profile pics so yeah def teenager years IMO

by Anonymousreply 397July 5, 2019 6:33 PM

That pic at r395 has been so overworked in post that it looks like something out of Final Fantasy - the tv commercials for the game.

by Anonymousreply 398July 5, 2019 6:34 PM

DL is a mess. Not refreshing then constantly refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 399July 5, 2019 6:35 PM

Honorary doctorates annoy me - I'm working very hard to get a real one but I don't expect anyone to give me an honorary Golden Globe or an honorary medal for athletics. That said, the fact that Brandon was there with Richard's parents was v sweet.

by Anonymousreply 400July 5, 2019 6:35 PM

You do know honorary doctorate is in no way comparible to the real one?

by Anonymousreply 401July 5, 2019 6:37 PM

R401 exactly.. itā€™s not like he can do anything with it really

by Anonymousreply 402July 5, 2019 6:39 PM

What those eyes have seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403July 5, 2019 6:44 PM

Armie and Timothee were co-stars in CMBYN, Lee and Richard were co-stars in Hobbit, Harry and Louis were band mates in One Direction. Richard and Brandon are co-stars in... nothing. They do live together and travel from the US to various countries in Europe just to be with each other. If this was Part 47 of a Richard and Taron Egerton thread, then I would be concerned.

by Anonymousreply 404July 5, 2019 6:45 PM

Iā€™m not a fan of obsessive stanning...but you girls did good work on this particular thread.

by Anonymousreply 405July 5, 2019 6:49 PM

I want to see Taron and Brandon hanging out because I have a feeling theyā€™re hilarious together as a duo

by Anonymousreply 406July 5, 2019 6:52 PM

R403 I hope that is not Bā€™s apartment as there is a grocery cart in the back ground and clothes all over the floor. Is that even Charlie?

by Anonymousreply 407July 5, 2019 6:56 PM

R408/Also because the delusional Taron/Richard shippers would have a meltdown

by Anonymousreply 408July 5, 2019 6:57 PM

R407 his old place from 2016 when he was living in SF

by Anonymousreply 409July 5, 2019 6:57 PM

Yeah that was my point R401. People may know they are honorary but they still talk about them as though they signify something, that they are an 'achievement' etc. While being honoured by an institution is an achievement in and of itself I think they should come up with another way. Also, a minority of people who are given one do try and use the title as though it were real.

It clearly means something otherwise they wouldn't do it.

by Anonymousreply 410July 5, 2019 6:57 PM

R409 Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 411July 5, 2019 7:09 PM

That picture is old. Charlie was a puppy then.

by Anonymousreply 412July 5, 2019 7:12 PM

R411 No problem! Yeah, Brandon has moved a total of 4 times since being in Cali. He lived in SF in 2016 as did most of the other cast members did for that filming of the first season of 13RW. Then him and Alisha both packed up and left summer 2017 for LA. He had his own apartment then at this time, and then sometime after him and Kevin bought their house together which they both shared up until last year throughout the summer early fall Iā€™m guessing? Then he moved again into a house or apartment and Richard has moved in with him. I feel like he just upgraded to better and better as the paychecks from Netflix increased.

by Anonymousreply 413July 5, 2019 7:19 PM

R400 Just to explain, Einstein received 10 honorary degrees (including from Harvard, Princeton and Oxford) for his work in the field, although he did not attend those universities and do the work. That is what Richard got his hon. degree for - his work in the field which in the school's eyes was comparable to the work of their other doctoral graduates.

by Anonymousreply 414July 5, 2019 7:30 PM

Sandie Shaw became a therapist after submitting her frickin' autobiography as a basis for her eventual accreditation. She didn't even do an undergraduate degree... That's showbiz.

I doubt Madden will be another Sir King Bensley.

by Anonymousreply 415July 5, 2019 7:38 PM

Just found this tweet from February 13, about Brandon and Richard being in a relationship. Didn't know that the speculation about them started so early!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416July 5, 2019 7:58 PM

R416 WOW it always surprises me how on the nose some people were, especially if they werenā€™t Sam or Brandon fans already. Most SamxBrandon fans knew since December pretty much but itā€™s always crazy seeing how early people pieced the puzzle together. I still laugh at the comments left under that IG photo of Richard walking Charlie in February...someone was explaining that he was Brandonā€™s dog and that they were living together and no one believed them at the time LOL.

by Anonymousreply 417July 5, 2019 8:01 PM

R416 I think it actually did start back in the fall when they followed each other. People started paying attention and wondering what was going on. Not sure if anyone was so accurate like that girl was though.

by Anonymousreply 418July 5, 2019 8:01 PM

I'm not sure why you feel the need to explain to me R414? I have no issue with people in the field getting honorary doctorates for work that they have done that is commensurate to actual doctoral work. What I have issue with, and what is far more pertinent to this thread, are honorary doctorates given to people who are not in academia, which is what most people think of when they hear 'honorary doctorate'. You can't compare an actor getting one to a real academic getting one, so I'm not sure why you think that is relevant?

by Anonymousreply 419July 5, 2019 8:03 PM

R419 So what do you call the people at the school who got a PhD in drama or other arts related field? Is that not valid because itā€™s not academia? Or am I just misreading your post?

by Anonymousreply 420July 5, 2019 8:05 PM

Brandon mustā€™ve really been taken with Richard with the first few times they hung out because honestly letting someone move in with you is a big deal but when itā€™s lowkey someone you hardly know? Thatā€™s even more wild. The fact that he was cool with Richard sharing his place with him just goes to show how much he really, really likes him. He said him and Alisha had their ups and downs living together and that was just temporary during S2 filming of 13 reasons...and theyā€™re platonic friend soulmates so I still canā€™t believe that he was so open to Richard crashing with him SUPER early on when he def couldā€™ve afforded his own place. Their immediate connection is strange, but beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 421July 5, 2019 8:06 PM

Yes R420, you're missing the point of my post. A doctorate is always an in-depth piece of research, whatever field it's in. If it was in drama it would be research into drama. You need to submit an extensive piece of writing that is relevant to your field, whatever field it is in. The fact it's in an arts based subject makes no difference from that point of view.

by Anonymousreply 422July 5, 2019 8:10 PM

r416 B's fandom was already speculating this in Dec. at least. I read the LSA thread and some poster said that I think in early Jan. and no one listened to her LOL. So it must have been a speculation in the 23rw fandom as early as Dec. or maybe even. Nov. I've never come across any 13rw fandom so it's only based on what that LSA poster said.

by Anonymousreply 423July 5, 2019 8:11 PM

Some Brandon fans clocked it pretty early but it's not that surprising. Fans that follow an actor super closely often pick up on new couples or breakups and it seems like the signs were there if you wanted to see them.

by Anonymousreply 424July 5, 2019 8:14 PM

The LSA thread noted Madden following Brandon (and Andie McDowell's daughter) the day after Madden did so. The poster was a little confused at the follow, as I recall.

by Anonymousreply 425July 5, 2019 8:17 PM

Iā€™m very happy that the Brandon fans kept it lowkey. I think richardmupdates knew something was def up in March but wanted to ignore - they did report that they were hanging out together at the time because they probably wanted to just believe there was nothing more to it... Iā€™m still pissed that Sam fans attacked Brandon after DWAS came out leading him to delete his only photo with Richard on his IG page. It was just so strange that he couldnā€™t move on in their eyes despite them breaking up a whole half a year earlier to that song coming out. I feel like most people in general who were paying attention solidified that they had to be a couple with that trip to London at the end of March. One could try to excuse them hanging out in LA as Brandon showing his new pal the best restaurants and places to hike, but bringing him to London? Yeah....no lmao

by Anonymousreply 426July 5, 2019 8:19 PM

I noticed Gemma started to follow and comment on B insta in Dec. It's not surprising fans started noticing something back then.

by Anonymousreply 427July 5, 2019 8:20 PM

I got a weird feeling about them in early March when that DM article came out that RIchard had moved to LA to pursue work and his well-connected roommate was showing him around the town. Mind you, I didn't have any proof beyond that -- other than noticing that Richard seems to follow a lot of hot male model types on Instagram -- but it was just a hunch. I asked about it in one of the DL threads but people seemed confident that Richard was 100% straight, lol. My, how things have changed in just a few short months!

by Anonymousreply 428July 5, 2019 8:20 PM

It was mostly a combo of Brandon fans as well as Sam fans who were trying to find stuff on Brandon that figured this out early. Though I think most were still to shocked to fully believe it until Richard refused to deny the relationship even though they had all the receipts lol.

by Anonymousreply 429July 5, 2019 8:21 PM

R427 Gemma didnā€™t like any of his posts until January (Iā€™m assuming after they met at the critics choice after party), but yeah I know what you mean!

by Anonymousreply 430July 5, 2019 8:23 PM

That March article was dripping in sarcasm. "Lots of fun nights out together". They stopped just short of typing out "having a gay old time".

by Anonymousreply 431July 5, 2019 8:24 PM

My bad! Maybe I meant Jan. I'm assuming R probably told her around then that they were serious about each other. After NYE

by Anonymousreply 432July 5, 2019 8:25 PM

I will say that it did seem at times in the fall that Brandon and Sam were ā€˜communicatingā€™ with each other with their song choices. There was specifically a troye song Brandon posted and mentioned that he wasnā€™t crying (joking because he was) and the lyrics seemed to answer whatever song Sam had just posted. Like, I honestly donā€™t think Brandon was completely over Sam until meeting Richard, and now he probably hasnā€™t looked back (I mean we all have seen R....it makes sense that heā€™s whipped af).

by Anonymousreply 433July 5, 2019 8:25 PM

R431 yes, the fun nights out was barely coded language. The whole article is tbh.

by Anonymousreply 434July 5, 2019 8:25 PM

R432 I could imagine her asking him what he had planned in London after the awards weekends in LA wrapped up and him looking at her like magic johnson in that one viral meme saying ā€œIā€™m not gonna be thereā€ lmao. She was probably so sad that he was moving from their home base, but Iā€™m sure super ecstatic for him nevertheless.

by Anonymousreply 435July 5, 2019 8:28 PM

R433 to me this type of overanalyzing things is what stans tend to do until it fits their narrative. No, they were not likely communicating in lyrics via IG stories. They could just text in real life especially if it was back and forth, no?

by Anonymousreply 436July 5, 2019 8:30 PM

R436 Yeah, I said ā€œit seemedā€. I doubt that they were actually talking to each other in real life behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 437July 5, 2019 8:31 PM

R431 I wish I could have been in the newsroom when the reporter was writing that story. (Assuming it was written in a newsroom and not by a freelancer from home.) I used to work for a daily newspaper and whenever we were working on some crazy story, everyone talked about it and cracked jokes about it. I can only imagine the conversations that took place over the "roomies."

by Anonymousreply 438July 5, 2019 8:31 PM

R437 cool

by Anonymousreply 439July 5, 2019 8:31 PM

R438 I feel like everyone in the UK collectively laughed when they started seeing those articles posted in The Sun, Daily Mail, The Metro etc. they definitely all knew what ā€œsharing a flatā€ means. They 100% pieced the puzzle together months before the Americans. Heck in the US, in June we had articles still talking about whether these two are dating or just friends...I can only imagine the UK media laughing at how behind the states (or obtuse) are in putting it together.

by Anonymousreply 440July 5, 2019 8:34 PM

There's a "beard" account on Twitter that outed RM in 2017, I think. They could have been hitting wildly in the dark. But I do wonder if there was something behind it. The actual Brit tabloids (as opposed to random Twitter accounts) may have been sitting on gay stuff about Richard for years.

by Anonymousreply 441July 5, 2019 8:36 PM

R441 If they were, then Iā€™m glad they have been. No one deserves to be outed. The Sun took it upon themselves to help with the outing of George Michael which was God awful. Iā€™m glad Richard has been able to publicly transition into this next phase of his life without something like that happening to him.

by Anonymousreply 442July 5, 2019 8:38 PM

UK media uses the "flatmates" as a running joke. They know exactly what's going on.

US clearly takes the roommate thing as them being literally roomates.

by Anonymousreply 443July 5, 2019 8:38 PM

Didn't a US journalist out them as a couple way back? He deleted the tweet. But I wouldn't take it as read that journalists stateside were clueless or took "roommates" on face value. News travels fast, especially when its among a subculture.

by Anonymousreply 444July 5, 2019 8:41 PM

I was following R but not really paying attention to his followings and likes. It wasn't until the marijuana cigs photos came out I started to follow the story because even if it completely shocked me; I was speechless looking at the photos, could only point them out to my boyfriend not even comment on them, I was totally certain they were fucking. It was the hand on the neck, B's hand on R's back, it was just too intimate for two people that only had known each other for short time. Unless they were fucking.

And when all the bullshit started about it being PR thing and deliberate pap stroll I was rolling my eyes so hard it's wonder I didn't go blind.

by Anonymousreply 445July 5, 2019 8:41 PM

So so so so glad the dumbass PR theories have been dropped. That never made sense to me and Iā€™m sure if they saw them, they probably laughed their ass off.

by Anonymousreply 446July 5, 2019 8:45 PM

r443 after this graduation event, ā€œrumored boyfriendsā€ will replace flat mates and roommates. Or it will just be weirdly silent. Maybe Madden has a very well connected PR team making sure this doesnā€™t dominate his press.

by Anonymousreply 447July 5, 2019 8:45 PM

Did anyone major post about the graduation event yet mentioning Bflynn being there? I saw one article but itā€™s from a nobodyā€™s celeb clickbait website LOL

by Anonymousreply 448July 5, 2019 8:46 PM

R448 Nope none of the big guys have mentioned him being there at all!

by Anonymousreply 449July 5, 2019 8:47 PM

I still wanna know the sneaky bitch source who said ā€œtheyā€™ve had a lot of fun nights out together,ā€ is. They truly sparked this whole conversation and for that I am thankful. I do hope it wasnā€™t a close friend if R&B did want to keep it private, though. Thatā€™s just sneaky and rude.

by Anonymousreply 450July 5, 2019 8:47 PM

I noticed that when the DM posted about a Brit comedian/radio jock coming out as bi, they moderated the comments in advance. I wonder what their editorial policy is for that kind of stuff. They moderate some Madden posts (including some R&B) but not others. Any journos here with insider knowledge of those editorial decisions?

by Anonymousreply 451July 5, 2019 8:51 PM

I'm just happy none of their friends have gone blabbing to the media. There's always a "SOURCE" who runs their mouth when a rumored couple is dating. Someone could have easily gone to the media and confirmed them dating but no one has said anything

by Anonymousreply 452July 5, 2019 8:54 PM

R444 Kind of, yeah. That was someone who had actually seen them out and about- he tweeted a snarky comment about Richard not having come out yet, said heā€™d seen them getting cozy around West Hollywood. He deleted it pretty fast, so I guess he realised it wasnā€™t a good look.

by Anonymousreply 453July 5, 2019 8:54 PM

R451 usually it has to do with sensitive/contentious subjects. For example, the CBC in Canada turned off all commenting on Indigenous issues because they were only getting trailer trash racists commenting. Celebrities are usually fair game. Despite all the hullabaloo about fake news etc, most journalists and news outlets do adhere to some code of conduct. If the outlet is worried that the piece will generate a lot of bullshit/lies/hate speech in the comments, theyā€™re often moderated or disabled.

by Anonymousreply 454July 5, 2019 8:55 PM

R452 They both seem to have a really good bunch of loyal- mostly longtime- friends around them, rather than just hangers on or the kind of people who would do that to them in 5 minutes, so hopefully that will continue to NOT happen for them.

by Anonymousreply 455July 5, 2019 8:56 PM

Brace yourselves... or your ears, at least šŸ˜‚ We're getting more of Richard's singing! (I kid, I kid, I didn't think he was half as bad as I expected based on some comments on here- and his own, it must be said.) We're also getting to see that dance scene he and Taron talked about having to learn, which should be fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456July 5, 2019 8:59 PM

466 replies, 7932 views, 56 posters

by Anonymousreply 457July 5, 2019 9:01 PM

R457 56 posters!? Impressive

by Anonymousreply 458July 5, 2019 9:05 PM

R457 what is this referencing?

by Anonymousreply 459July 5, 2019 9:06 PM

R457 yes drag us...

by Anonymousreply 460July 5, 2019 9:08 PM

R457

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461July 5, 2019 9:08 PM

Iā€™m so confused.. those numbers arenā€™t even accurate?

by Anonymousreply 462July 5, 2019 9:10 PM

Oh now I see! The info is at the top of the thread. That must be a new feature..

by Anonymousreply 463July 5, 2019 9:12 PM

Omg I just watched the video again with sound way on and really watching Brandon and Richardā€™s sister. Sheā€™s literally CACKLING like you all said. *DEAD*.

by Anonymousreply 464July 5, 2019 9:13 PM

R457 How would you know the number of posters? The number of posters doesn't show for me. And you posted this as reply number 457 but said that there were 466 replies already?

by Anonymousreply 465July 5, 2019 9:13 PM

Previous thread 55 posters.

by Anonymousreply 466July 5, 2019 9:13 PM

R441 That account thinks everyone is gay. PopBitch is the only gossip site that called it last year. Around November I think. An old blind item about a gay actor back in the day that was in the running for Bond. They slyly mentioned Richard in passing. They obviously have good intel.

ā€œ"With Bodyguard being heavily tipped as the next 007 and Piers Morgan lambasting Daniel Craig for using a papoose, it's all reminded us of an old legend about an Aussie one hit wonder 007.

Back in the 60s, when Aussie was in the picture to be the next James Bond, the studio was initially worried that the handsome, well-groomed young man they were considering might turn out to be a homosexual. Not wanting to risk casting a potentially gay Bond, they set up a test.

While he was away on a modelling job in Switzerland, the studio sent a man and a woman up to Aussie's hotel room. The man explained that the woman wanted have sex with Aussie, if he was interested. When Aussie said that he would be interested, yes, they both entered the room. The woman made her way to the bed, while the man sat in a chair in the corner keeping a watchful eye over events to make sure that the deed was done correctly.

Once it was all concluded, the couple reported back to the studio.

Aussie got the job"

by Anonymousreply 467July 5, 2019 9:14 PM

How do they know how many posters? Anyhow, relatively few posters is the norm for any forum. Most people lurk. 56 is pretty good

(no. of posters is up the top - oh yes, just seen it)

by Anonymousreply 468July 5, 2019 9:14 PM

Curious if the older threads had more or less.. might go check

by Anonymousreply 469July 5, 2019 9:16 PM

No. 56 is a private chat room. I suggest you all get subscriptions if you want to keep doing this.

by Anonymousreply 470July 5, 2019 9:17 PM

Just checked. There were definitely more people posting in the older threads but I think itā€™s more to do with the intrigue and speculation making it ā€œinterestingā€ and once it became clear that they were actually dating most people got bored. Oh well, Iā€™m glad to have 56 other people here still to enjoy this with!

by Anonymousreply 471July 5, 2019 9:20 PM

R470 it seems relatively in line with other popular DL threads. Why are you saying this? Just curious

by Anonymousreply 472July 5, 2019 9:22 PM

The first thread had 96 posters

by Anonymousreply 473July 5, 2019 9:26 PM

I don't know what to make of that Lazenby Bond story. Outing wasn't even a big thing back then. Maybe the Bond producers were particularly homophobic and not just cautious about their franchise being potentially hurt by a scandal. Gay actor Anthony Hamilton - another Aussie - was in the running for Bond in the 1980s. I think it's been claimed that he actually screen tested for the role. And Hamilton was very indiscreet.

by Anonymousreply 474July 5, 2019 9:30 PM

R474 Why do people care about such an outdated franchise? They have the best marketing team thatā€™s all I can say. Look at Daniel Craig: Heā€™s just aged in that role and has done nothing critically acclaimed. I hope Madden continues choosing more interesting roles.

by Anonymousreply 475July 5, 2019 9:35 PM

Yes. I really hope that if R is offered the Bond role he'll turn it down. Sean Connery is the only Bond actor who's managed to have a proper career afterwards. It feels like kiss of death.

by Anonymousreply 476July 5, 2019 9:39 PM

R476 ah but R would be the only Bond comparable to Connery!

by Anonymousreply 477July 5, 2019 9:40 PM

R476 It IS the kiss of death. I bet the Bond demo skews pretty old which means the audience isnā€™t growing but declining.

by Anonymousreply 478July 5, 2019 9:43 PM

I can see why Madden would want the role. It's a calling card that would get him high profile work for the rest of his life. Pierce Brosnan is pretty lightweight and his career was in "Straight to Video" hell pre GOLDENEYE. Has Brosnan had a great career? No. But Bond has kept it on a higher level than it otherwise would have been. Craig, on the other hand, might have had a more interesting career if he hadn't accepted it.

by Anonymousreply 479July 5, 2019 9:44 PM

Maybe in uh bodyguard season 2 we can see David Budd get a hot younger boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 480July 5, 2019 9:45 PM

R480 Netflix crossover? ā€œFormer addict Justin Foley moves to England for a fresh start after graduating from high school and gets a job working for the Metropolitan Police where he meets Sergeant David Budd and the sparks soon begin to fly...ā€

by Anonymousreply 481July 5, 2019 9:51 PM

R479 itā€™s the exact opposite. People who play Bond just age in it and new Bond movies are never ground breaking. Itā€™s a nostalgia brand. Young kids arenā€™t grow up dreaming of Bond at all.

by Anonymousreply 482July 5, 2019 9:52 PM

R456 Mmm, uncut. :P

Iā€™d love to see the full dance number. It was really fun ā€” definitely my favorite, with the Rocketman pool sequence a close second.

by Anonymousreply 483July 5, 2019 9:52 PM

Iā€™m dying now that Iā€™m watching this whole graduation ceremony. Richardā€™s sister and Brandon were whispering to each other a bunch of times. I wonder what they were talk about.

by Anonymousreply 484July 5, 2019 9:55 PM

MUST WATCH! Cute video from 2017 of BF and Tommy Doofman exiting Balmain.

Watch it until 0:40 to hear Brandon talking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485July 5, 2019 9:57 PM

Bond isn't simply a nostalgia brand. The producers have been quite canny in their ability to reboot it and pull back on some of the excesses (e.g. the unfunny slapstick of the Roger Moore years), while injecting relatively new grit. The Javier Bardem one was quite good. The top drawer supporting cast helped - from Judi Dench and Albert Finney, to Ben Whishaw, Rory Kinnear and Ralph Fiennes. The script was solid enough as well.

With new revelations about Madden's sexuality... I think he's better off with a franchise that doesn't rest on his shoulders alone. None of the supporting cast mentioned above would have been blamed if that Bond movie failed at the box office, but Craig would have. Not straight Madden would be catnip for journos itching to write that the public isn't ready for a "queer" Bond.

by Anonymousreply 486July 5, 2019 10:03 PM

R485 siiiigh heā€™s dreamy

by Anonymousreply 487July 5, 2019 10:03 PM

I thought that Bond blind item wasnā€™t Richard? It was discussed in depth in the older threads and people said it was someone else. I canā€™t for the life of me remember who though and it seems like it points to R. Does anyone here remember? If not, I might search the old threads for it; it annoys me to not remember :)

I think heā€™s better off without Bond (or to turn it down as others said). Heā€™s said himself he likes to be challenged and Bond wouldnā€™t do that for him...I also wonder about the Marvel movie for that same reason, but who knows?

by Anonymousreply 488July 5, 2019 10:06 PM

R486 I think Bond is not a great role but if Madden were to step into it I donā€™t think his sexuality would matter. I actually hope he gets more leading blockbuster roles. Iā€™m optimistic about the chances of him succeeding while being bi. He has that X factor and heā€™s shown he can act. The timing might also just be right for a publicly bi actor to break through in a big way.

by Anonymousreply 489July 5, 2019 10:07 PM

I think there are too many "red blooded" assholes out there who see themselves in Bond for the perceived sexuality of the lead actor not to matter. Time will tell, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 490July 5, 2019 10:10 PM

I wish he didnā€™t take the Marvel gig, but I GET IT. I hope he doesnā€™t take the Bond offer either cause Iā€™m sure itā€™s pretty much his to lose at this point. I feel like he could get other more engaging roles especially as his star rises...Bodyguard is special, and I feel like him doing Bond would just be the way of the producers making it out into another David Budd type situation or whatever. I sometimes wonder how he truly feels about playing Bond. Itā€™s so hard to read in his responses - on one hand it seems like heā€™s so over the speculation about it, but on the other itā€™s clear that he is honored to even be in the conversation. Time will tell, but I hope to see him in some different roles soooooo contrast to how he normally is (beetlejuice, nightcrawler esque stuff). Hell even more comedy because heā€™s naturally funny and did really well with Ibiza and Iā€™m assuming Sirens (I havenā€™t watched the show yet).

by Anonymousreply 491July 5, 2019 10:11 PM

I'll admit that the sight of Tommy Dorfman on more than one red carpet made me roll my eyes. But I quite liked him when he guested on Nico Tortorella's podcast. And I like that he seems to walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492July 5, 2019 10:11 PM

The time will come when Richard and Brandon show up together on a red carpet event, not even necessarily showing any PDA though that would be nice, just unmistakably there as each other's dates, and then all the homophobic fangurls will short-circuit their keyboards as they weep while cropping Brandon out of every photo.

by Anonymousreply 493July 5, 2019 10:12 PM

He also showed a lot of diversity on his recent post. I know some will say it's all for clout, but I don't really care. If a platform is used well, it's used well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494July 5, 2019 10:13 PM

R484 They seem super buddy buddy already! It was so endearing to watch and Richard looked happy the times he did glance over to them. I can see them telling R, heā€™s 100% a keeper!

by Anonymousreply 495July 5, 2019 10:13 PM

I think the Marvel role will be great for him because itā€™s not ā€œiconicā€ like Captain America or Bond but itā€™s in a big enough franchise that itā€™ll raise his profile a lot more without making him stuck which I fear the Bond role could end up doing.

by Anonymousreply 496July 5, 2019 10:14 PM

R493 I donā€™t think theyā€™ll walk any carpets together in any near future honestly. Brandon and Sam were as public as can be but for the TWO award shows (hows that for an attention whore, Brandon haters) Bflynn showed up to with Sam, he skipped the carpet and sat discreetly next to him in the actual audience and they didnā€™t show PDA. There were a couple of back rubs here and there from B to Sam at the global music awards show, but thatā€™s it. I feel like Brandon doesnā€™t want to add to the hoopla or take away the shine from his partners on the carpet. He seems pretty okay with just being there in their presence as support, which is another reason why I adore him.

by Anonymousreply 497July 5, 2019 10:16 PM

Iā€™ve started to prefer TV series and web broadcasts to movies. I worked in a movie theatre as a teenager in the early 2000s but as soon as the Sopranos was a thing, TV became much more exciting than movies.

I also like series because of the lengthened stories. I get to stick with characters for a bit longer than one evening. I went to the movies for the first time in a decade recently and I wished I was home smoking weed on my couch.

Iā€™d love a Bodyguard 2 even though I know Iā€™ll have to wait forever. I only watched Bodyguard because it was a 98% recommendation for me on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 498July 5, 2019 10:17 PM

I imagine this is how R&B will look on their wedding day, walking to the altar and then running into the sunset together. With Richard holding Charlie's leash, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499July 5, 2019 10:17 PM

R496 Very good point. I want him to do it, get the cash, and be considered for other lowkey marvel roles but nothing contractual for life similar to Captain America or a Spider-Man.

by Anonymousreply 500July 5, 2019 10:17 PM

When I saw Luke Evans' Pride post, it did cross my mind if Madden will ever make one like it. The easy answer is: No, he's private. But some of what Evans engaged in the last several years might also have led some to believe he'd never claim his sexuality as openly again as he did back when promoting the Boy George musical TABOO. Evans also made an anti-hate crime post this past June. He's come far from the embarassment of Holly "it's early days" Goodbeard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501July 5, 2019 10:17 PM

R495 when he is at his seat and they are all standing, Richard looks like heā€™s trying not to laugh when looking at his sis and B. And they just seem so cheeky.

by Anonymousreply 502July 5, 2019 10:18 PM

R501 please donā€™t compare Madden with Luke Evans. No comparison.

by Anonymousreply 503July 5, 2019 10:22 PM

R498 Iā€™ve actually become such a hardcore moviegoer in the past four years especially thanks to Call Me By Your Name, Lady Bird, Get Out, Moonlight, Sorry to Bother You, Nolan films, and then last yearā€™s amazing films. I would say A24 and Annapurna are KILLING it with the movie creativity lately. They have a lot of indie films rightfully gaining mainstream and Oscar recognition. I really canā€™t wait for Bflynn to be done with 13RW so that he can become one of the new indie kings....he just has the talent and looks to pull it off I think.

by Anonymousreply 504July 5, 2019 10:23 PM

Or course, there's a comparison. They're both theatre trained Brits who've become famous chiefly through genre fare where they played action/heroic roles. Both have been cagey over their sexuality and private life. Evans may be considered an embarassment to the gay community by some but he's been stuck between a rock and a hard place by engaging with the Hollywood system. I welcome Evans speaking up, just as I would welcome Madden if/when he chooses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505July 5, 2019 10:30 PM

Unfortunately R hasn't always been smart in his career moves, see case in point Ibiza. So I could see him doing Bond if offered. But I would love to see him in things like The Bodyguard where he can really show his talent. I also think HW is getting blander and blander because they need to accommodate huge various audience market while indie films and television have become much more exciting prospect because they don't need to be as clean cut, they can do riskier things.

by Anonymousreply 506July 5, 2019 10:33 PM

How was Ibiza not a smart move? He got to do a comedy role in a Netflix movie. He wasn't the lead. There are no "flop Richard Madden comedy" headlines to contend with. He was well received in the role. Win-Win.

by Anonymousreply 507July 5, 2019 10:35 PM

R507 I agree. Yeah the movie wasnā€™t the best but it was funny enough and he aced the role. Anyone who talks about it talks about how hot, sexy and adorably funny he was. I think it wasnā€™t a terrible choice and agree he got no flack for it.

by Anonymousreply 508July 5, 2019 10:36 PM

R506 I understand the reasoning behind Ibiza simply because he was tired of doing serious roles and wanted to change it up, but it was more Romeo again (just a modern version) and itā€™s clear heā€™s done with it. I found the movie enjoyable and funny at times (Iā€™m in the minority, I know LOL), but yeah I donā€™t forsee that heā€™ll be doing any more movies like that in the near future...they can be funny WITH substance. Also, for someone as serious about his craft and the work he puts into acting, Iā€™m shocked that he seems to still be friendly with the director of Ibiza. That Alex guy is LAZY and didnā€™t even direct the film in the actual location where the movie is based on...hasnā€™t even visited. Iā€™m surprised that Richard still associates himself with Alex (even hanging out with him on Halloween) just based off the difference in work ethic alone. Even through his partners, you can tell Richard values people who work hard and are mature/love acting and diving into the arts, so itā€™s just a tad surprising but Iā€™ll blame it on his and alexā€™s mutual love for EDM lolol.

by Anonymousreply 509July 5, 2019 10:37 PM

I mean the movie itself was pretty horrible BUT baby looked good and collected those Netflix coins... sooo

by Anonymousreply 510July 5, 2019 10:39 PM

R504 Iā€™ll always love indie/cult classic movies but I usually donā€™t hear about them until theyā€™ve left theatres. I pay for three streaming services and have a digital antenna that picks up... PBS. Which is fine because I love Ken Burns docs.

R506 I get the same feeling. If movies arenā€™t big box office hits or get enough good reviews, I basically ignore them all. Iā€™ve watched the Marvel TV shows on Netflix but none of the movies. I didnā€™t hate Ibiza though. I like Vanessa Bayer and Gillian Jacobs. I didnā€™t expect more than fluff. And R was ADORABLE in it.

by Anonymousreply 511July 5, 2019 10:42 PM

The worst would be if he did a Zac Efron comedy in all but name. I know plenty would like to see him naked with cock and balls hidden by a toilet bowl (a translucent one, in DL's mind). But the nudity thing may become a problem.

by Anonymousreply 512July 5, 2019 10:43 PM

R512 Yeah, I hope he doesnā€™t go the Zefron, Nick Jonas etc route where they do the slapstick funny films just for a paycheck. Canā€™t see that happening to him as he is a Golden Globe winning (and hopefully soon to be Emmy nominated) actor. I hope if he does comedies itā€™s more in the top tier realm like The Hangover.

by Anonymousreply 513July 5, 2019 10:46 PM

R505 Evans has never been as acclaimed as Madden. His star never rose. Evans is also gay and publicly bearded. Madden is bi and at 33, around the same age as Evans hit Hollywood, heā€™s openly dating a man. So I donā€™t see the comparison. Madden is in his own league right now. What happens next in his career is unchartered territory. Evans could never.

by Anonymousreply 514July 5, 2019 10:57 PM

You're all so dramatic while most people outside of this thread and the inner Richard and Brandon fandom don't even have an idea that Richard is dating someone, not to mention that he's dating a guy.

by Anonymousreply 515July 5, 2019 11:00 PM

R514 yeah idk about that lol, can't agree personally

by Anonymousreply 516July 5, 2019 11:02 PM

R515 exactly. Which is why this threads exists. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 517July 5, 2019 11:02 PM

Yeah like this poor soul who is worried for how lonely Richard is lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518July 5, 2019 11:02 PM

R515 Uh just search their names on twitter (separate or together) and most of the mentions are talking about them being together or Richard being bi/gay.. and where exactly are we being ā€œdramaticā€? Lol

by Anonymousreply 519July 5, 2019 11:02 PM

R518 Hilarious. Then I saw sheā€™s 18.

by Anonymousreply 520July 5, 2019 11:04 PM

R519 This is pretty dramatic [quote]Madden is bi and at 33, around the same age as Evans hit Hollywood, heā€™s openly dating a man. So I donā€™t see the comparison. Madden is in his own league right now. What happens next in his career is unchartered territory. Evans could never.

by Anonymousreply 521July 5, 2019 11:05 PM

R521 Not the OP but not really seeing the drama there. More like stating facts. When has there been a bi leading man in Hollywood? It IS uncharted and it IS a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 522July 5, 2019 11:07 PM

R521 I wrote that. Donā€™t see the drama. Just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 523July 5, 2019 11:08 PM

I think general fans don't know but it's seeping into the larger Richard fandom. In any case it is true, there's never been an out non straight leading man so it is a fairly big deal.

by Anonymousreply 524July 5, 2019 11:10 PM

Sure, the general public isn't really aware of too much - RM is still not certified Hollywood A-List so not a lot of people are checking for him to that extent. Also the NYT interview didn't really break the internet or anything but it still got a decent amount of coverage - lmao Fox News?. I think if I was a casual fan of Madden - liked him in GoT, Bodyguard, etc. - saw his article in the NYT and read through it - I would have been like "woah - interesting" at the part of Brandon. That probably happened with some people. Then I would have went on a googling spree, and eventually would have ended up here on these threads lmao.

by Anonymousreply 525July 5, 2019 11:12 PM

Whenever Richard told Elton John that heā€™s ready to settle down since he used to be ā€œwildā€ in his 20s, I was always a tad hmmm at that simply because he seems like a relationship type guy in general. Like ofcourse Iā€™m not an idiot and Iā€™m aware that he was probably a big party boy after slimming down and growing into his skin, but I guess I was a bit surprised he used the term ā€œwildā€. Iā€™ve done a fair share of my own shit back in the day, but wild is a whole different set of meanings lol

by Anonymousreply 526July 5, 2019 11:13 PM

It's dramatic to suggest Madden is in his own league. Bodyguard has been a massive hit. But... at the moment he's "hotly tipped". The Hodgart speech sums it up pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 527July 5, 2019 11:14 PM

R527 Iā€™m pretty sure the OP was referring to him being a not straight leading man when they said ā€œin his own leagueā€. Not just in the general sense of being an actor.

by Anonymousreply 528July 5, 2019 11:17 PM

Talking about 'out not straight leading men' reminded me of Andrew Scott - he's not as big as Richard Madden and not generally a leading man, but he's quite big in Britain and played a main male character part in a show here recently - Fleabag. Anyway, there was a lot of press and a lot of talk of women finding him v sexy in the part - and he's am out gay actor. I'm sure a lot of the women just watching him on the tv didn't know he was gay, but he's never been in in his career, and he's the sort of actor that gets big interviews in the Guardian, and it comes up in these.

Point is - I can really forsee a time when it is actually normal for gay actors to be out, I mean really normal, leading men, villains and anything in between, and when we look back on this time as somethign really quite strange.

by Anonymousreply 529July 5, 2019 11:17 PM

The use of "normal". Oy.

by Anonymousreply 530July 5, 2019 11:19 PM

Most people still aren't aware that Richard is dating anyone. There aren't any pictures that would suppose that he's dating. People who don't follow his every move are unaware that he and Brandon travel together etc. And most people who read the NYT article wouldn't even have noticed that part about Brandon. They'd have just noticed that he wanted to keep his private life private and not have thought about it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 531July 5, 2019 11:19 PM

With regards to the Popbitch Bond blind, Digital spy forums has a gossip thread. I cannot link the direct post , but look for poster ā€tszujmeā€ who claims she or he worked with RM (said heā€™s not gay but did not say he was not bi) and claimed the blind was about Sam Heughan. In the following page the same poster says basically youā€™d be surprised how many folks in entertainment are bi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532July 5, 2019 11:19 PM

R525 Thatā€™s totally fine. I actually hope most people like you donā€™t care and only find it interesting. What we are saying is that it would be unprecedented for there to be a openly bi leading man in Hollywood. He def has the resume to be a leading man and his star is rising AND he is dating a man. You seem to think this info is only on this thread and through search. So, what happens next for his career when it comes out more widely? Also, you think those who would give him his future roles wouldnā€™t know?

by Anonymousreply 533July 5, 2019 11:20 PM

All of Madden's released work has been as a straight leading man. His future work is another discussion - a discussion for the future, mostly.

by Anonymousreply 534July 5, 2019 11:21 PM

And by straight leading man, I mean his public perception. Not the actual roles he's played.

by Anonymousreply 535July 5, 2019 11:21 PM

He still has the sex appeal for women. Everyone and their mom (including Ellen) talk about the sexy time scenes from Bodyguard and women fall over him for it. I feel like Hollywood is ā€œnicerā€ simply to the non flamboyant, more discrete gays. Like ā€œcool, enjoy your marathon sex with your gorgeous boyfriend on an Italian holiday, but still make sure that you can continue to sell your amazing chemistry and actual attraction to womenā€.

by Anonymousreply 536July 5, 2019 11:25 PM

Alan Cumming is the only prominent out bi male actor I can think of, and he's really not in the leading man mold. Though, an aspiring actor could certainly do worse than to have a similar career path.

R441 Possibly, though it could also just have been the swirl of rumors/wishful thinking that seem to surround almost every hot young actor at some point. If the press did have actual photos or interviews confirming Richard being into guys Iā€™m glad nothing was made public until after he was in a relationship serious enough to resist any attempts by his management to push him into the closet about it. Iā€™d have hated to see him in a Luke Evans situation where some PR associate pops out of the woodwork talking about their fictional relationship as cover.

R480 I hope they donā€™t do that. It seems like every character Matt Bomer plays since coming out turns out to have a gay angle now, even if it didnā€™t in the source material. Richard can certainly play a convincing romantic lead opposite a woman (itā€™s been the bread and butter of his career), and I donā€™t want to see anything limiting the sorts of roles heā€™s up for.

by Anonymousreply 537July 5, 2019 11:25 PM

Oh R530, please let me assure you that I didn't mean what you think I meant! I've just read it back and I can see how it could be interpreted that way. I meant that 'it' - being out, would be 'really normal' in the future - I wasn't referring to the leading men as 'normal'. Unfortunate grammar or syntax perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 538July 5, 2019 11:31 PM

^^^R529 I mean

by Anonymousreply 539July 5, 2019 11:32 PM

Another addendum - post R538 was intended for R530 but was from R529, just to be clear what the correction above referred to.

by Anonymousreply 540July 5, 2019 11:37 PM

R533 Lol I was not referring to myself when talking about a casual Madden fan reading the NYT interview. I've been on these threads pretty much since day one. Not a lot of people have been closely following the developments with Richard and Brandon, but more on catching on I believe.

by Anonymousreply 541July 5, 2019 11:37 PM

Love all the pics and clips thanx guys!!

by Anonymousreply 542July 6, 2019 12:04 AM

The comment about the general public not knowing about Brandon. Every single news about Richard that allows comments has posters talking about Brandon. I think it's more generally known than you here think.

by Anonymousreply 543July 6, 2019 12:05 AM

Iā€™m sure this interview has been shared in these threads many times before but I just need to share again because I love Richard here so much. Not only does he look like a goddamn MEAL with that red tinted hair and beard but I love how sweet and shy he is at points. And open about discussing the character and his thoughts on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544July 6, 2019 12:06 AM

His real hair color and pale skin really suits him.

by Anonymousreply 545July 6, 2019 12:08 AM

R544 also I just realized he would have been Brandonā€™s age there

by Anonymousreply 546July 6, 2019 12:08 AM

Thereā€™s rumors that Luke Evans will be cast in the Eternals as Hercules the gay superhero maybe that why heā€™s been open more than before.

by Anonymousreply 547July 6, 2019 12:14 AM

R547 I have seen those rumors too.

by Anonymousreply 548July 6, 2019 12:31 AM

So has the Asian actor casting rumor died down?

by Anonymousreply 549July 6, 2019 12:34 AM

Related to R544, here's the Sirens bloopers/ bts reel. At 2:02, Richard jokes about his costar cruising for rough trade in the bushes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550July 6, 2019 12:37 AM

I think they will cast 2 lgbt characters ? one is Hercules and another is maybe his lover another superhero?

by Anonymousreply 551July 6, 2019 12:37 AM

Hereā€™s one of the articles about Luke Evans might be cast as Hercules

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552July 6, 2019 12:41 AM

If Evans is cast, that might take some of the heat off Madden once promotion time comes.

by Anonymousreply 553July 6, 2019 12:48 AM

Iā€™m so lost with this sudden Evans-Madden storyline. Where is Maddlyn with her cool links?

by Anonymousreply 554July 6, 2019 12:52 AM

I just came across this Cinderella interview Richard did and I cracked up because he basically slagged off the whole Cinderella story concept which I donā€™t think he meant to do but it was funny nonetheless (also points for him for saying he likes to listen to Years and Years)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555July 6, 2019 12:53 AM

I don't think it matters that much what actors are lgbt for mcu roles. Any romance in those movies are secondary at best. But since RM is most likely bi+, I am not sure any of it will make a huge difference, since he has and will probably continue to have great chemistry with many actresses. Bond is a different story though.

by Anonymousreply 556July 6, 2019 12:55 AM

R270

Here's a good pic of Richard giving B major hearteyes.

So fucking lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557July 6, 2019 12:58 AM

Wow. Um just realized how embarrassingly slow these comments are loading. I am way behind!!!

by Anonymousreply 558July 6, 2019 1:12 AM

Just looked at the latest Brandon Flynn Richard Madden mentions on Twitter and itā€™s filled with nice comments. Mostly thirsty comments. And Italian ones. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 559July 6, 2019 1:29 AM

Okay so I'm just now able to watch some of the graduation ceremony on youtube.... and like is RM also going to be getting his doctorate in BDE soon ? - because like wow okay I know this shit isn't earth shattering but I am low-key shook at him bringing Brandon to this and seeing Brandon just chilling with the Maddens and supporting his boyfriend in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 560July 6, 2019 1:33 AM

R559 yeah I was wondering if some Italian gossip site had written an article about them recently? because there were a ton of them... besides that bitchyf one

by Anonymousreply 561July 6, 2019 1:47 AM

R532 The poster on Celebitchy said they worked with him two years ago and that he was bi. The Scottish guy on Twitter that outed him also called him bi. I donā€™t think heā€™ll ever address it so itā€™s just speculation.

by Anonymousreply 562July 6, 2019 1:59 AM

R543 I'm late to comment on this ... tried to earlier but couldn't get it to post on my phone ... but there's also that GQ article I linked to the other day in which the reporter, without mentioning Brandon's name, referred to Richard as a "gay/bi" actor. And that's a mainstream publication, so yes, word is spreading

I have to wonder whether some of those Twitter girls are trolling, though. All you have to do is type Richard's name in the search bar on Twitter and you don't even have to scroll very far before a tweet comes up mentioning Brandon. (Annnnd the second I typed this, I searched Twitter again and the most recent tweet to pop up is the article from that gossip site, "Brandon Flynn cheering on Richard Madden at his graduation is hitting us hard." Have they truly not seen these or are thy just in denial?

And under related searches, it says

by Anonymousreply 563July 6, 2019 2:05 AM

R563 ... under related searches, it's variations of Richard/Taron and Richard/Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 564July 6, 2019 2:06 AM

R562, yea the Scottish guy also mentioned one of the reasons Richard wanted to keep his relationship private is because they started seeing each other 3 months before he and his gf broke up.

by Anonymousreply 565July 6, 2019 2:59 AM

R565, can you link the tweets?

by Anonymousreply 566July 6, 2019 3:04 AM

I remember the Scottish guyā€™s tweets but I got a big attention-whore vibe off him. I donā€™t think he seemed credible.

by Anonymousreply 567July 6, 2019 3:12 AM

Didnā€™t Pedro Pasquale accidentally mentioned it as well in a convention? He talked about bisexuality and then he pointed to Richard and was ā€œright,Richardā€ or something like that I could be wrong..so heā€™s openly bisexual in private with his family, friends and colleagues...

by Anonymousreply 568July 6, 2019 3:19 AM

R568 from what I remember someone asked Pedro something like is it important to have bi representation in a mainstream show like GOT and he said something like "you wanna take that one, Richard?" I honestly couldn't tell if it was just supposed to be a joke or not

by Anonymousreply 569July 6, 2019 3:48 AM

Brandon's reaction when Richard sits on the D.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570July 6, 2019 5:23 AM

Interview with Richard and Pedro...bisexuality is mentioned but I do not see him reference directly to Richard in this one. R568 does this seem familiar?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571July 6, 2019 5:43 AM

I know this comes up every now and again but I'm looking forward to seeing them in LA again, preferably with Charlie. We need more pictures of the happy family! They've been traveling for a long time now.

by Anonymousreply 572July 6, 2019 8:33 AM

I hope little Charlie has been ok the past couple days with the 2 huge earthquakes that hit the LA area :(

by Anonymousreply 573July 6, 2019 10:08 AM

R573 me too, poor little puppy! Hopefully B is FaceTiming the sitter to find out heā€™s ok

by Anonymousreply 574July 6, 2019 10:45 AM

Charlie is fine. Getting the best care available without a doubt

by Anonymousreply 575July 6, 2019 10:55 AM

Iā€™m really curious who heā€™s been staying with all this time

by Anonymousreply 576July 6, 2019 10:57 AM

am I the only one who doesnā€™t give a fuck about the dog

by Anonymousreply 577July 6, 2019 11:22 AM

Next thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578July 6, 2019 11:30 AM

Charlie Brown came out?

(wrong Richard Madden I know)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579July 6, 2019 11:40 AM

I'm guessing they must be with R's family being busy or hiking somewhere with no internet because this total silence is very unusual for B.

by Anonymousreply 580July 6, 2019 11:43 AM

R574 Seriously lol?

by Anonymousreply 581July 6, 2019 11:43 AM

Are they at London Pride?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582July 6, 2019 12:10 PM

More like a wishful thinking?

by Anonymousreply 583July 6, 2019 12:13 PM

No, they want them to show up.

by Anonymousreply 584July 6, 2019 12:14 PM

R582 The user just wants them to show up.

by Anonymousreply 585July 6, 2019 12:14 PM

She has thoughts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586July 6, 2019 12:15 PM

R577 Yes. You are the only one.

That's their child. Who doesn't like dogs you crazy person!

by Anonymousreply 587July 6, 2019 12:21 PM

[quote] i realize how much men are actually objectified and it shouldnā€™t be okay lol

What's the point of the fucking lol...

And Richard Madden being objectified (in which he's complicit) cannot be generalised to "men".

by Anonymousreply 588July 6, 2019 12:25 PM

R586 LOL

Eh, referencing that glorious butt among his many other assets (heh-heh) is not a big deal, especially given that Richard bares his ass in about every other movie/show he's in. Sometimes people go overboard with it, though. Oddly enough, it was Ellen DeGeneres of all people who wouldn't shut up about his hot bod or his sex scenes when he was on her show last year, and it was kind of cringeworthy. I think she went a bit overboard in playing to her audience, who I assume is largely straight women.

by Anonymousreply 589July 6, 2019 12:25 PM

Even while promoting Romeo & Juliet, Graham Norton asked if there was going to be a nude scene. He's this generation's Alan Bates.

by Anonymousreply 590July 6, 2019 12:30 PM

R577 glad I already had you blocked asshole

by Anonymousreply 591July 6, 2019 12:34 PM

r590 Now that you mention it he truly is this generation's Alan Bates. How different Alan's life would have been had he been a young man now.

by Anonymousreply 592July 6, 2019 12:39 PM

I think they will most likely be in LA next week.

I know we just got the ceremony goodies but I'm dying to see the boys at the home base.

by Anonymousreply 593July 6, 2019 12:49 PM

This must be the only thread where people talk to those they've already blocked.

by Anonymousreply 594July 6, 2019 12:50 PM

R594 Well when you can still see the blocked post because someone else tagged it in their reply, itā€™s hard not to say anything lol.. or maybe I just donā€™t like dog haters šŸ’šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

by Anonymousreply 595July 6, 2019 12:54 PM

R595 These posts are mostly not serious btw .... mostly

by Anonymousreply 596July 6, 2019 12:56 PM

Richard will have to head back to American soon..I believe the Eternal cast will be officially announced at the San Diego comic con and I think Richard like a post from the Russo brothers about the comic con ..so yeah.

by Anonymousreply 597July 6, 2019 1:00 PM

R597 thatā€™s not till the 19th but I think theyā€™ll both be back (if they havenā€™t gone already.. we donā€™t actually know where they are) by next week as someone else said

by Anonymousreply 598July 6, 2019 1:02 PM

Why are people obsessed with them going back to the US? We have seen so much because they have been away from the US. Plus, they always just seem to be happy together wherever they are.

by Anonymousreply 599July 6, 2019 1:06 PM

So no one updated the timeline?

by Anonymousreply 600July 6, 2019 1:06 PM

R599 itā€™s because thatā€™s their home. And there are plenty of pics and sightings from there, not that itā€™s the most important thing...

by Anonymousreply 601July 6, 2019 1:07 PM

They'll eventually go home. It's just logic.

by Anonymousreply 602July 6, 2019 1:11 PM

I mean we've actually seen more of them in the US. But yes. It's because it's home. Doesn't seem to have the same frantic tone Glastonbury or Turner's wedding did though lol.

by Anonymousreply 603July 6, 2019 1:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!