Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

šŸŒˆ Richard Madden & Brandon Flynn: Part 37 Epic European Tour Continues... šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§

Please carry on here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602June 21, 2019 5:34 AM

Previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2019 2:30 PM

Aww Charlie on Brandon's ig stories

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2019 4:17 PM

Aww Charlie boy looks so cute. I bet his daddies miss him.

I think maybe Richard has some kind of work thing today since B is hanging with his friends in London.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2019 4:18 PM

I think Brandon is ready to go home..I bet you he misses Charlie..heā€™ll be back in a few days

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2019 4:19 PM

Charlie cute boy, they were both liking staff on ig before, I wonder if Richard is with them or he's working, maybe they'll go to Paris tomorrow, I hope we'll get a pic before this European tour ends!

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2019 4:25 PM

Dior is happening or not?

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2019 4:27 PM

R5 Yeah true, R could easily be with them too.

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2019 4:28 PM

I clicked on the girl from his ig stories tagged pics and she went to prom with timothee chalamet haha what a small world

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2019 4:29 PM

Yeah i'm thinking at least one of them is attending the Dior show in Paris as well. They've been liking multiple posts by Kim Jones about the show.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2019 4:29 PM

Awww yeah those are his friends he hangs out with every time heā€™s in London. He had IG stories with the girl this time last summer which were hilarious. They were wine drunk and roaming around Shoreditch speaking French while Brandon played acoustic guitar hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2019 4:30 PM

Which friends is Brandon hanging out with ?

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2019 4:30 PM

I was just on that guyā€™s IG and he has a post of he and Brandon in London in September last year. It seems to be a throwback since B commented that he missed him. I canā€™t remember when B was there but I thought it was last summer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2019 4:31 PM

R12 he was most recently there (pre Richard era) June 28th for DAZED interview

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2019 4:32 PM

R11 he tagged them on his ig stories

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2019 4:32 PM

She took this infamous ā€œSamdonā€ photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2019 4:32 PM

From last summer!

Iā€™m happy Richard let Brandon out of the bedroom so he can go hang with his friends lolol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2019 4:34 PM

Timeline

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2019 4:34 PM

Is their European sex tour almost over?

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2019 4:38 PM

Oh dear GODNEY the term "Branchard" makes me wince so much.

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2019 4:38 PM

R18 HAHAHA wouldnā€™t be surprised if they had one more location planned.

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2019 4:39 PM

I think Brandon is ready to be back with Charlie. Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s a throwback photo, but what would be even more sad is if Kevin sent that to him :(

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2019 4:41 PM

I feel like every thread needs a moment of silence in respect for the power of Brandon Flynn.

Like this shit is unreal.

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2019 4:42 PM

r8 Ansel too

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2019 4:42 PM

r22 Same. I'm in awe.

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2019 4:42 PM

They all went to Rutgers together and lived in NYC for a bit, love that they still keep up.

R22 RIGHT?! It makes sense when you see him and his interviews etc but seriouslyyyyyy he has Richard whipped and in love, and in such a short amount of time. I bow down to him.

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2019 4:44 PM

I think British press are over Richard they seem to have stopped following him to pap.

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2019 4:45 PM

r26 They didn't really follow him much to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2019 4:46 PM

R26 He was literally papped two days ago.

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2019 4:46 PM

R28 Only because he was leaving a celeb filled hotel. But yeah I think Brandon and Richard are done being papped in general. We will have to live off the April and May pics for a while lol

by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2019 4:47 PM

Thanks R13 do you think that picture is from the same trip or was B there again later?

by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2019 4:47 PM

R22 Tell me about it!

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2019 4:48 PM

Brandon is such a gem.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2019 4:51 PM

Richard doesnā€™t have anything to promote so heā€™s not in the paps radar. Brad Pitt was able to disappear from the paps for 2 years but now that his new movie will be out in the cinema soon he has been pap again in his daily life.

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2019 4:51 PM

R26 Eh, Richard isn't hassled by them that much when he's there in general. Not saying it doesn't ever happen, it of course HAS happened and will happen again (maybe if we get lucky and they get UNLUCKY, B might even feature in the pics. I wonder would the DM call him roommate or flatmate šŸ˜†) but mostly, he's just able to go about his business.

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2019 4:53 PM

R is making it dull for the paps. Same jacket, running to and fro cars. There can only be so many like that. I bet paps are still trying to get one of them together.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2019 4:54 PM

They won't tho r35

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2019 4:55 PM

R30 I believe it was last May when he was there with Sam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2019 4:55 PM

R19 it's legit cringe

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2019 4:58 PM

JesĆŗs. I just keep looking at pictures of Sam and think what a fucking upgrade B made. I'm not saying Sam is a bridge troll but waking up to Richard Madden vs THAT

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2019 4:58 PM

R19 I'm just glad we haven't adopted it here...

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2019 4:59 PM

R39 Waking up to Richardā€™s deep accent must be enough to set his loins on fire like...holy shit

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2019 5:00 PM

[quote]Richard doesnā€™t have anything to promote so heā€™s not in the paps radar. Brad Pitt was able to disappear from the paps for 2 years but now that his new movie will be out in the cinema soon he has been pap again in his daily life.

I wonder why actors are able to not get papped the whole time and then get papped repeatedly walking around on random streets when they try to promote their new projects and to get buzz for them... It's called pap strolls where the celeb calls the pap. The celeb gets publicity, the pap gets photos he can sell.

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2019 5:00 PM

I wonder if Richard has met Brandonā€™s old college friends yet. I feel like heā€™s only really met some of the 13RW crew + Kevin. He could be with B right now, but I get the feeling he isnā€™t. Maybe heā€™ll see Kit soon.

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2019 5:01 PM

R43 there's no way of knowing unless they're seen out by someone

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2019 5:02 PM

R43 but you make a good point that if Richard wanted to see Kit it might be awkward or weird for Kit if a stranger (Brandon) was brought along. I don't know that he'd feel super comfortable talking about his issues.

by Anonymousreply 45June 20, 2019 5:03 PM

.., Kit Harrington is in London?

by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2019 5:05 PM

R42 Some of it is pap strolls, sure. But some of it is just whether theyā€™re ā€œthe storyā€ or not. Brad/Richard/whoever with a big new project out is more interesting and more of a story and more worth the paps time than ā€œwhoeverā€ without any kind of story or news. Tabloids are more interested in them too when thereā€™s something going on with their career. Famous people are able to go away and have off time, when theyā€™re mostly able to lie low, nobody is followed ALL the time unless maybe they are calling them themselves or theyā€™re incredibly famous (or their life is never-ending drama like Ben Affleck a while back.)

R46 Yep, he's home and was photographed the other day.

by Anonymousreply 47June 20, 2019 5:05 PM

R45 oh yeah for sure, I donā€™t think Richard would bring anyone to their first hangout since the rehab stint which is totally understandable.

I love how we all wouldā€™ve figured out that Brandon was in London regardless because of this latest IG story lol. But kudos to the fan from this morning for getting a selfie!

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2019 5:06 PM

R45 although it wouldn't jeopardize their privacy. All of Richard's friends are very low-key themselves

by Anonymousreply 49June 20, 2019 5:06 PM

I'd wager Richard is busy since that seems to be the times Brandon goes to see people solo. Whether he's working or seeing Kit or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 50June 20, 2019 5:07 PM

r42 It matters where you live. London especially is notorious for paps but if you hide out on some farm in bumfuck USA like Brad Pitt did of course you won't get papped. And he definitely needed to lie low and get sober so no wonder he went into hiding.

by Anonymousreply 51June 20, 2019 5:07 PM

R50 Yeah, thatā€™s what I think. He hung out with his bestie Nina in NYC awhile Richard did Live with Kelly and GMA + other promo, then Iā€™m sure he met her later that night at the BLL after party. I also wonder if his ā€œthey hate meā€ caption on this story with his friends is because he didnā€™t see them the last two times he was in London with Richard LOL

by Anonymousreply 52June 20, 2019 5:10 PM

Well, I know some here thinks Sam is a downgrade but Brandon called Sam ā€œtoo handsomeā€ and it wasnā€™t Brandonā€™s idea to break up as he did something .. I forgot ...when Sam cousinā€™s pleaded them to stay together because they are so in love on Instagram ..

by Anonymousreply 53June 20, 2019 5:11 PM

Are Kit and Richard that close in real life?

by Anonymousreply 54June 20, 2019 5:11 PM

R53 Itā€™s called symposium compliments. Itā€™s what one does. Brandon is nice

by Anonymousreply 55June 20, 2019 5:12 PM

R54 According to K and R, they are tight in real life.

by Anonymousreply 56June 20, 2019 5:12 PM

reiterating from the previous thread: can we please stop bringing up their ex's? it's really not relevant at this point and just takes up posts.

by Anonymousreply 57June 20, 2019 5:12 PM

I meant Sympathy compliments not symposium. ^r55

by Anonymousreply 58June 20, 2019 5:14 PM

R55 Oh, c'mon. Not to keep the Sam conversation going endlessly, but to say B only complimented him out of sympathy is harsh. When youā€™re in love with someone that person is beautiful/handsome/amazing/whatever to you. I know some on here can't seem to fathom B actually could have been into Sam but it seemed to me like he really was.

by Anonymousreply 59June 20, 2019 5:18 PM

R57 Yeah it for sure gets old and for anyone hating on the sam and Brandon relationship, itā€™s clear that they were in love and both tried to make it work, but inevitably couldnā€™t. No need to bash Sam for no reason as everyone has moved on.

Anywaaaaays, I wonder when B is headed back to the states. AND FUCK COME ON NETFLIX WITH THE 13RW SEASON 3 TEASER! Itā€™s annoying how they promote stranger things months in advance but for one of their other biggest shows, they start trailers like a few weeks before...I just wanna see new Brandon interviews, is that so much to ask?!

by Anonymousreply 60June 20, 2019 5:20 PM

Do u guys think Richard is being paranoid? Is this how itā€™s going to be for now on? Leaving and entering and heading to the same direction 10 min apart ? I find that pretty exhausting..

by Anonymousreply 61June 20, 2019 5:21 PM

R60 Stranger Things is out in July, isn't it? I think we're looking at waiting until August or September for season 3, maybe. They wouldn't put two of their biggest shows in the same month, would they? Or if they would, it's probably not a great sign for 13RW.

by Anonymousreply 62June 20, 2019 5:23 PM

R61 Yeah, he could be paranoid but eh. For what itā€™s worth, I def donā€™t think Brandon came up with that idea LOL. But heā€™s probably in a completely different mind set than Richard since heā€™s already out as a gay man and has been spotted making out on the literal streets of every continent hahaha. I do think after a while, IF (and I say if because we have no idea), Richard is still pretty like avoidant when it comes to B publicly, then that may create problems for them. Not enough to break up, but I could see tensions arising as a result. They probably already compromised for this though.

by Anonymousreply 63June 20, 2019 5:24 PM

R61 I hope itā€™s not what theyā€™re looking at for always. Maybe itā€™s just for this time, staying in a hotel that literally has fans camped outside, and the chance of photographers always. Though tbh itā€™s for that reason I donā€™t get why they havenā€™t just moved hotels (or why theyā€™re IN a hotel when Richard has a house there, but maybe those suggestions that he rented his house are right.) He canā€™t be THAT bothered about people knowing theyā€™re there together if theyā€™re still choosing to stay there.

by Anonymousreply 64June 20, 2019 5:26 PM

I think 13rw is August at the earliest, maybe September. It might fall victim to the three seasons before cancelled thing Netflix loves. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 65June 20, 2019 5:26 PM

R62 yeah stranger things is out on the 4th of July, but whatā€™s annoying is that they already released the trailer in March. I was looking at 13RW and last year the trailer/teaser were released only three weeks in advance if that....I guess the controversy has Netflix on their toes. I suspect the season wonā€™t be out until August/September at this point, but my goodness you would think that they would atleast stir up the hype for the new season especially with the exit of their lead character.

by Anonymousreply 66June 20, 2019 5:27 PM

R61 I donā€™t think heā€™s paranoid perhaps just not interested in feeding the paps with fodder. Heā€™s talked about how much he hates being papped and what lengths he goes to to avoid it. This is before Brandon. So not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 67June 20, 2019 5:28 PM

Why is it so crazy that they might just want their privacy?

Like how about Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx? They didn't confirm their relationship for FIVE YEARS and were barely ever seen together during that time.

by Anonymousreply 68June 20, 2019 5:29 PM

R65 If the ratings are good enough (release the damn numbers Netflix), I think it will have one more season as the Netflix execs predicted the cast would get another raise after season 3. The story ending in the 4th season would coincide with the characters going into senior year. I think stranger things is pretty much on its last legs as the kids are no longer young and have went through puberty.

by Anonymousreply 69June 20, 2019 5:29 PM

R68 Katie Holmes was contractually obligated not to be spotted publicly with a new partner, as stated in her fucked up contract post divorce with Tom Cruise. Thatā€™s why she had to wait 5 years, but still they remain private probably out of habit.

by Anonymousreply 70June 20, 2019 5:29 PM

R70 or because they enjoyed their privacy.

by Anonymousreply 71June 20, 2019 5:31 PM

Yes I think all this leaving/entering separately is stupid and it would be exhausting. I get the need for privacy but come on it would seriously cheese me off. They could just be flat mates on vacation if theyā€™re that worried how it looks. Being closeted in any form is not good for your own mental health.

by Anonymousreply 72June 20, 2019 5:31 PM

R71 it was literally stated in her contract, which is why after five years they were FINALLY able to attend the same event together. As a whole though, they do seem very private.

by Anonymousreply 73June 20, 2019 5:32 PM

R72 after all of this, anyone still believing ā€œflatmates on vacationā€ would sound delusional...I mean okay maybe celebrating the roomieā€™s birthday in London but Boston and staying in Milan? Ehhhhhh LOL. Brandon would be traveling with Alisha right now if he wasnā€™t in a relationship so thatā€™s how obvious it is that heā€™s with Richard right now. I feel like maybe after the NYT, they decided to just protect more of what is theirs.

by Anonymousreply 74June 20, 2019 5:34 PM

R63,I still think the reason Brandon teared up in that pride issue is because he was thinking about Richardā€™s situation and how hard it is for him as a closet bisexual man being afraid to come out because he thinks there would be no career oppurtunites when there can be...

by Anonymousreply 75June 20, 2019 5:34 PM

R66 I wish they would, but they did it this way last year too. Trailer out last minute, and interviews in America only started in earnest after it was already out, from what I can remember. And Brandon didnā€™t even DO much promo, he didnā€™t take part in any of the American promo circuit, from what I can remember, so we better hope he does more this year!

by Anonymousreply 76June 20, 2019 5:35 PM

R68, what people are getting at is the strain of doing that, not the want.

by Anonymousreply 77June 20, 2019 5:36 PM

Brandon clearly loves Richard so he's going to respect the fact that Richard likes privacy in his relationships and especially in one that would undoubtedly cause MAJOR headlines that I'm sure Richard just doesn't want. Not everyone wants to be known for their sex lives. He's done enough to make it obvious they're together.

by Anonymousreply 78June 20, 2019 5:36 PM

I think Richard is really trying to hold onto his privacy. No one has seen him today but I highly doubt he sat in the hotel room all day. He probably went out a different entrance. Even then it's fair to assume Brandon wasn't with him.

by Anonymousreply 79June 20, 2019 5:36 PM

I know exes are off limits here but I would really like to know how J Coleman is coping with this. Her and Matt Smith are R were really tight in the past I wonder if they still are. As some1 who was in a simiral situation myself I'd like to know what J thinks

by Anonymousreply 80June 20, 2019 5:37 PM

R75 yeah, that probably was a part of it, but in general Brandon is crazy passionate just from what Iā€™ve seen so he mustā€™ve just felt overwhelmed. Richard is just extremely private regardless of gender. Last night, I tried finding pictures of him showing PDA with Jenna and in four years, thereā€™s literally nothing except a cute red carpet moment. They didnā€™t even really hold hands in airports and stuff. Brandon probably researched Richard (come on we all do before dating someone) beforehand and saw that he was pretty hermit like so Iā€™m sure heā€™s adjusted to it by now. Heā€™s just so lovey and extremely supportive so I know he must be dying to like say stuff publicly about his man and his accomplishments, but he will be fine. They seem really good and itā€™s been atleast almost 7 months.

by Anonymousreply 81June 20, 2019 5:37 PM

R79 The fan who met brandon said she believes Richard left from another exit so itā€™s possibly true.

by Anonymousreply 82June 20, 2019 5:39 PM

R80, I am sure Coleman is fine. Sheā€™s moved on and even though I think her relationship with Prince Albert is weird, she keeps it very private too (they donā€™t arrive or leave events together, and she refuses to speak about him outside of his work on Victoria).

by Anonymousreply 83June 20, 2019 5:41 PM

R80 Coping with what? They havenā€™t been together in years. She broke up with him. Do you honestly think she didnā€™t know he was bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 84June 20, 2019 5:41 PM

R76 Itā€™s always confused me that Brandon doesnā€™t partake in a lot of the major US interviews. Katherine and Dylan have been on late night shows and Ellen, but I guess it makes sense since they have the most screen time. Itā€™s just strange to me that Flynn has been MIA for a lot of the promo because arguably he is more popular than Dylan and pop culture wise, more than Katherine (she had Love, Simon but still B dating Sam was EVERYWHERE). Maybe itā€™ll change this time around since Katherine is leaving and Dylan really is focused on his music. Brandon is easily the best actor on the show, so I hope he gets a lot more solo interviews this cycle so other directors and casting agents can pick up on his genius.

by Anonymousreply 85June 20, 2019 5:42 PM

There are older interviews out there where Richard says he enjoyed playing Ashley (his sirens character) because heā€™s just a normal bloke like everyone else, in his mannerisms, behaviour etc, he just happens to sleep with men and itā€™s not a big deal, heā€™s not defined by his sexuality.

Maybe just maybe, Richard adheres to that way of thinking too and weā€™ll only ever know what he wants us to!!

by Anonymousreply 86June 20, 2019 5:42 PM

r70 Has that been proven or is it a just a rumour. It wouldn't surprise me if it was but I've just never seen any proof of it, not that I've gone searching.

by Anonymousreply 87June 20, 2019 5:43 PM

R83 Yet people aren't up in arms about the "strain" on them I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 88June 20, 2019 5:43 PM

R84 I know they broke up years ago but they were also friends I guess I'm just wondering if they're still friends or friendly

by Anonymousreply 89June 20, 2019 5:43 PM

r17 someone in a previous thread commented "I love a timeline" and the next comment was "I love a piano" lmaooo

by Anonymousreply 90June 20, 2019 5:43 PM

our favorite Twitter stalker got new pictures of Richard btw

by Anonymousreply 91June 20, 2019 5:44 PM

r86 Yes, could be why he picked that role. Could see himself in it (maybe as a total slut too LOL).

by Anonymousreply 92June 20, 2019 5:45 PM

R75 Can someone link me to that interview? I must have overlooked it.

by Anonymousreply 93June 20, 2019 5:45 PM

Pics of R today entering hotel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 20, 2019 5:46 PM

If Brandon didn't do much promo last year, wouldn't he be inclined to do even less this year? He's just contributed to an article on visibility. Getting involved with Richards non-denial by echoing it or saying something similar could open him up to criticism. Ditto attending NY Pride. You know some outlet would love to caption a Brandon Pride pic with a snarky noting of Madden's absence.

by Anonymousreply 95June 20, 2019 5:46 PM

R81 There's a picture of them kissing that a creepy fan took without them knowing. But you are wrong, there are hand-holding photos. Nearly every time they were papped together they were holding hands.

by Anonymousreply 96June 20, 2019 5:46 PM

R94 Those are really really creepy.

by Anonymousreply 97June 20, 2019 5:47 PM

R86 right?! Out of all the roles and characters he played Ashley was the one that was the most convincing and natural

by Anonymousreply 98June 20, 2019 5:47 PM

[Quote] Not everyone wants to be known for their sex lives.

The straight privilege jumped out.

by Anonymousreply 99June 20, 2019 5:47 PM

r94 See? Same jacket third day in a row. Paps must hate him.

by Anonymousreply 100June 20, 2019 5:49 PM

R89 Someone mentioned awhile back that Jenna had liked a post Richardā€™s sister shared about him, I think from one of the Rocketman premieres. So I donā€™t know if theyā€™re still friends in the sense that they would stay in touch, but Jenna seems happy with Richardā€™s success.

by Anonymousreply 101June 20, 2019 5:49 PM

R87 Never proven, but people just assume it had to do with Tomā€™s Scientology practices.

by Anonymousreply 102June 20, 2019 5:49 PM

Random I know....but I think Brandon needs to stop eating too many sweets..too many pimples on his forehead is a sign of junk food hehe

by Anonymousreply 103June 20, 2019 5:50 PM

R103 ??? Some people just have issues with their skin. This is a pointless post.

by Anonymousreply 104June 20, 2019 5:51 PM

R95 Brandon isnā€™t shutting down PRIDE parades for his boyfriend. I feel like the cast for the show is just so huge so Netflix tries to split them up for promo. I doubt Brandon would let dating Richard interfere with his career in terms of interviews when he could 1) blacklist the question or 2) change the subject super easily.

R94 LOOOOOL Richard is a troll. He only changed his jeans, Iā€™m laughing. So Iā€™m guessing he is hanging at the hotel while his man catches up with his besties. That fan is so happy she saw Zendaya and the Spider-Man cast lol

by Anonymousreply 105June 20, 2019 5:52 PM

R97 You think photos of Richard entering the hotel, where fans have been standing around all day and Richard clearly knew that they were there and he willingly chose to walk through them, are creepy? What?

by Anonymousreply 106June 20, 2019 5:52 PM

R103 heā€™s always broke out there - itā€™s common

by Anonymousreply 107June 20, 2019 5:53 PM

R93 here ya go!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 20, 2019 5:54 PM

R106 god I know....

by Anonymousreply 109June 20, 2019 5:54 PM

You need only google their names to find multiple pics of R&J holding hands on the street, eating outdoors together, photographing each other etc.

by Anonymousreply 110June 20, 2019 5:55 PM

R110 Yes and they were dating for what, 5 years give or take? Give R and B a chance ffs. By the end of the year this could be an entirely moot point.

by Anonymousreply 111June 20, 2019 5:56 PM

I love Richard's portrayal of Ashley on Sirens so fucking much.. I can't say it enough. It really seemed so natural. He was so delicious in everything he did on that show.

by Anonymousreply 112June 20, 2019 5:58 PM

R101 that would be great I get that he's meeting new people through Brandon but it's also so important that he has the support of those who were in his life previously

by Anonymousreply 113June 20, 2019 5:58 PM

Richard was for sure more free with PDA or being close in public or whatever when he was with Jenna, but even then, he was still pretty private about her and protective of the relationship when asked about it. As has also been said numerous times, their split seems to have left a lasting impact on both Richard and Jenna as both have gone on to be incredibly private about their relationships and anything about their romantic lives since.

by Anonymousreply 114June 20, 2019 5:59 PM

So the fan that lied about Brandon not being there is encouraging the Italian fan to just stop Richard and ask for a pic.

by Anonymousreply 115June 20, 2019 6:00 PM

R114 yes exactly! Plus he's just older now too and in a different place in his life/career and probably overall mindset.

by Anonymousreply 116June 20, 2019 6:01 PM

R115 yeah she most likely ran up to him and basically forced him to take the pic (hence his face). She's gross. I realllllly hope she scrolled down Italy girl's twitter and saw the pic of Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 117June 20, 2019 6:01 PM

R96 R110 R114 oh wow, I didnā€™t really see any. Time to adjust my google search, thanks guys!

by Anonymousreply 118June 20, 2019 6:02 PM

R106 R110 Yeah, it is creepy. She asked with a photo, he didn't stop, and she took photos of him anyway when he clearly didn't want it. That's not okay.

This is okay. She came out smiling and waving. That's gives you the okay to take photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 20, 2019 6:02 PM

If Richard wanted to avoid being seen he would have went in a different way. He didn't. Of course fans are going to take pictures of him. He is well aware of that.

by Anonymousreply 120June 20, 2019 6:04 PM

Itā€™s not creepy. People are snapping pics of every celeb while waiting for the Spider-Man cast to leave the hotel for promo. Richard probably knows that theyā€™re not his actual fans and doesnā€™t care to stop. He freaking took a selfie at his BIRTHDAY DINNER and seemed cheery. Itā€™s because that person was an obvious fan and not stalker.

by Anonymousreply 121June 20, 2019 6:04 PM

R90, that was me. One tries to maintain a sense of humor amid the fangirls doing their damnedest.

by Anonymousreply 122June 20, 2019 6:04 PM

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this but I don't think it's right for these fans to camp out 24/7 outside a hotel waiting for any celeb regardless of the reason they're staying at the hotel.

by Anonymousreply 123June 20, 2019 6:06 PM

Richard likely chose this hotel because he loves it and he wants his man to have a fab time regardless of it being a pap-magnate. The rooms look gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 124June 20, 2019 6:06 PM

[quote]She asked with a photo, he didn't stop, and she took photos of him anyway when he clearly didn't want it. That's not okay.

She just took a photo of him walking into the hotel. He knew that fans were there who would do that. It's not that serious.

[quote]Richard probably knows that theyā€™re not his actual fans and doesnā€™t care to stop.

Richard often doesn't stop to take selfies. It doesn't have anything to do with "real fans" or "other fans". Sometimes he's in the mood to take photos, sometimes he isn't in the mood. No matter if a real fan is asking him or not.

by Anonymousreply 125June 20, 2019 6:07 PM

R94, Damn. Even those professional photographers couldn't even give a fuck. "Well, it's over."

by Anonymousreply 126June 20, 2019 6:08 PM

Give me an example of how Brandon might change the subject super easily. If he echoes Richard's words, that will be contrasted to his easy acknowledgment of Sam Smith.

by Anonymousreply 127June 20, 2019 6:11 PM

R123 I agree with you, although Iā€™m kind of of the opinion that itā€™s ok to wander up and take a look at who you might see, even lurk a little bit when it becomes clear people arenā€™t stopping or posing for pics then itā€™s time to leave. I definitely believe being there for days on end is very wrong, also how can they manage it, I mean donā€™t they have jobs and/or responsibilities!?!

by Anonymousreply 128June 20, 2019 6:12 PM

R111, keep your ffs to yourself. I was responding to the poster who made false claims about Richard and Jenna.

by Anonymousreply 129June 20, 2019 6:14 PM

Italian girl has said, for what itā€™s worth, sheā€™s not actually there for them. Sheā€™s excited to see them, sure, but sheā€™s there for the Spider-Man gang.

by Anonymousreply 130June 20, 2019 6:16 PM

R118, I can link several pics if you want. It will probably trigger the resident hall monitor(s) but that would only be a fringe benefit.

by Anonymousreply 131June 20, 2019 6:17 PM

129 You are being aggressive donā€™t you think? If you havenā€™t anything nice to say then perhaps zip it!!

by Anonymousreply 132June 20, 2019 6:19 PM

R129 I wasn't actually talking to you when I said that. Maybe I need to be more clear. Butttt you'll have an issue regardless so why should I even bother? Maybe I should give you a nickname so you'll always know I'm talking to you.

by Anonymousreply 133June 20, 2019 6:19 PM

R131 that would be lovely, thank you!!!

R127 Brandon probably will say heā€™s met a lot of cool people in the last year that heā€™s excited about and then bring it back to the subject of the show. Or I have a feeling Alisha will chime in about being his soulmate and make jokes that sheā€™s the only one dating him. I donā€™t think heā€™ll say what Richard said at all because thatā€™s not his personality.

by Anonymousreply 134June 20, 2019 6:21 PM

Soooo, Italian girl says that B is back at the hotel but arrived separately. And the English superfan who knows that B has no business there is thinking if driving up (and then deleted her tweets). As you were...

by Anonymousreply 135June 20, 2019 6:23 PM

R130 Yep, 90% of them are actually there for Spider-Man cast. Richard and Brandon just ended up staying at the same hotel because Iā€™m assuming the location is closer to some of their fave restaurants/activities.

by Anonymousreply 136June 20, 2019 6:23 PM

R135 Damn, R returns and B is like "bye guyz gotta go back to my mans now"

by Anonymousreply 137June 20, 2019 6:24 PM

R135 Oh damn, that hangout was quick. I saw that tweet but assumed she meant from earlier. So Iā€™m guessing, Richard and Brandon were together with his friends? Since they arrived back around the same time.

by Anonymousreply 138June 20, 2019 6:24 PM

R133, you quoted a post number, silly.

by Anonymousreply 139June 20, 2019 6:24 PM

I just laughed thinking about how in like a month we're gonna have people on here complaining about R and B being too co-dependent and how unhealthy it is lol

by Anonymousreply 140June 20, 2019 6:25 PM

R137 timing

by Anonymousreply 141June 20, 2019 6:25 PM

Italian girl has owned the last few threads.

by Anonymousreply 142June 20, 2019 6:25 PM

R133 I knowwww I did because I was pigging backing off of your info. But my jab was aimed towards the people complaining. Listen, I'll take the L on this one. Truce?

by Anonymousreply 143June 20, 2019 6:26 PM

R143 *piggy lol

by Anonymousreply 144June 20, 2019 6:27 PM

R140 in a month theyā€™ll probably be separated doing their own thing so hopefully people donā€™t say that. they just seem attached at the hip which makes sense because at the beginning of their relationship they were often in different cities/countries, so now are probably trying to make up for time wasted.

by Anonymousreply 145June 20, 2019 6:28 PM

Trigger warning: Ex present

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 20, 2019 6:29 PM

R142 Bless her. Sheā€™s doing the lordā€™s work, even if itā€™s really coming as a nice side effect of Spider-Man crew hunting.

by Anonymousreply 147June 20, 2019 6:29 PM

No one yell at the person posting these photos of Jenna and Richard, as i personally requested them!

by Anonymousreply 148June 20, 2019 6:30 PM

r146 he looks so skinny there

by Anonymousreply 149June 20, 2019 6:31 PM

R+J were cuteness overload

by Anonymousreply 150June 20, 2019 6:32 PM

R149 I preferred his twinky figure over the more buff one :( But my opinions doesn't matter haha

by Anonymousreply 151June 20, 2019 6:33 PM

Skinny Richie Rich is body goals.

by Anonymousreply 152June 20, 2019 6:34 PM

Ex #1, Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 20, 2019 6:36 PM

They look very basic . Massive upgrade to Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 154June 20, 2019 6:37 PM

R75 I doubt B sees R as being "closeted" I think he just feels like a persons sexuality shouldnt be a huge deal. R isn't being private because he's hiding in the closet. If that were the case he would not be seen with B publicly

by Anonymousreply 155June 20, 2019 6:39 PM

R153 Shes so tiny and cute. I hate the way Richard holds hands...heā€™s a pancake hand holder, not an interlocked fingers one :(

by Anonymousreply 156June 20, 2019 6:40 PM

Oh so B came back first!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 20, 2019 6:42 PM

R156 isnā€™t that a sign of the level of intimacy? I think I read that somewhere. Maybe if one day weā€™re blessed with a handholding pic of R and B, their hands will be intertwined.

by Anonymousreply 158June 20, 2019 6:43 PM

Ex#1, Part 3

Brandon isn't the only one who indulges in the bad taste of wearing flip flops on the street...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 20, 2019 6:43 PM

We love a helpful stalker! We should make the suggested gofundme a reality and sponsor Italo creeper girl to follow our fave gruesome twosome on their European trek.

by Anonymousreply 160June 20, 2019 6:44 PM

This fan is everything lolllll. Precise times and everything. Okay so nevermind then, I believe Brandon caught up with his friends while Richard did whatever else.

by Anonymousreply 161June 20, 2019 6:44 PM

They were obviously out together with Brandon's friends..

by Anonymousreply 162June 20, 2019 6:45 PM

Why are we getting trolled with Jenna? Itā€™s in the past and there is no relevance. Plus what a bore

by Anonymousreply 163June 20, 2019 6:45 PM

R163 likely they spent the day separately and met up at the hotel after.

by Anonymousreply 164June 20, 2019 6:46 PM

Pic with Richard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165June 20, 2019 6:46 PM

R162 unlikely since they came back about an hour apart. I think R just had shit to do lol

by Anonymousreply 166June 20, 2019 6:46 PM

Oof. The actual time they returned down to the minute?! The timeline ain't even that detailed... I hope those of you who register that x y z is creepy light that fan's ass up...

by Anonymousreply 167June 20, 2019 6:46 PM

God, this Jenna girl is fugly...

by Anonymousreply 168June 20, 2019 6:46 PM

r156 Interlocked fingers is fucking uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 169June 20, 2019 6:46 PM

R158 Hmmmm I think itā€™s just personal preference.

by Anonymousreply 170June 20, 2019 6:47 PM

This Italien Fan is doing the lords work. Bless.

by Anonymousreply 171June 20, 2019 6:47 PM

Jenna is cute unlike S*m S***h. Less of him, more of her!

by Anonymousreply 172June 20, 2019 6:47 PM

Yeah I donā€™t think they were together. Brandon always hangs out with those two so they probably just spent the majority of the day to catch up.

by Anonymousreply 173June 20, 2019 6:48 PM

R165 I know it's just someone behind Richard in that pic, but it looks like he has two ears on the one side lol

by Anonymousreply 174June 20, 2019 6:48 PM

R159 even when holding hands, heā€™s nonchalant about it.

by Anonymousreply 175June 20, 2019 6:48 PM

R165 on a scale from 1 to 10 how creepy is it that I wanna fuck this hair on him

by Anonymousreply 176June 20, 2019 6:48 PM

r165 R's hair is looking so good. I approve of his silver foxing and curling.

by Anonymousreply 177June 20, 2019 6:48 PM

Someone quickly suggest that R needs a botox to get rid of the visible lines on his forehead! Dude is 33 going on 74!

by Anonymousreply 178June 20, 2019 6:50 PM

R178 how many times are we gonna do this...

by Anonymousreply 179June 20, 2019 6:50 PM

R178 Itā€™s not that serious. Heā€™s so beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 180June 20, 2019 6:51 PM

R178 the wrinkled forehead is so hot he's daddy

by Anonymousreply 181June 20, 2019 6:51 PM

R165 I love his greys, itā€™s so cute. Never change madden.

by Anonymousreply 182June 20, 2019 6:52 PM

r182 Yeah, R has wrinkles; B has pimples. It's all good

by Anonymousreply 183June 20, 2019 6:53 PM

Im praying he grows his hair out long and curly for Ikaris in the Eternals.

by Anonymousreply 184June 20, 2019 6:55 PM

Ex#1, Part 4

From one of their IGs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185June 20, 2019 6:57 PM

Why are we always reliving ghosts of sexes past?

by Anonymousreply 186June 20, 2019 6:58 PM

Oh, I didn't read the time correctly lol, I thought they came back at 6 both of them lol! So Brandon came back early to greet his man, sweet! I love that they look like a married couple, they do their thing and then reunite at "home". Btw the page continues to reload and it's so annoying!

by Anonymousreply 187June 20, 2019 6:59 PM

Do we really need so many posts about his ex, especially at it is not even his recent ex?!

by Anonymousreply 188June 20, 2019 7:00 PM

R185 Oh wow, theyā€™re so cute. Thanks for posting these!

R186 R188 I asked earlier, so itā€™s not them, itā€™s my fault. They can stop now though since people are getting annoyed. Iā€™m appreciative.

by Anonymousreply 189June 20, 2019 7:00 PM

R187 Richard had his bag with him so I wonder what he was up to. Also, Brandon so wouldā€™ve been out drinking right now...heā€™s so married. This time last year in London, he was schwaaaasted, but still incredibly charming as always lol

by Anonymousreply 190June 20, 2019 7:02 PM

Screaming @ that fangirlā€™s precise timing of when they individually arrived back at the hotel.

Someone nominate her for the Pulitzer.

by Anonymousreply 191June 20, 2019 7:02 PM

Sexes past?

by Anonymousreply 192June 20, 2019 7:02 PM

Eu nĆ£o nego ele Ć© safado e ainda por cima Ć© carinhoso

Ele faz tĆ£o gostoso, ele faz tĆ£o gostoso

Ele nĆ£o quer compromisso e na minha casa Ć© perigoso

ELe sabe que eu sou casada e ainda amo meu amor

by Anonymousreply 193June 20, 2019 7:22 PM

B came back to the hotel with his friends so Richard got to meet them I'm sure!

by Anonymousreply 194June 20, 2019 7:23 PM

Had to block the ex troll.

by Anonymousreply 195June 20, 2019 7:24 PM

R194 How do you know?

by Anonymousreply 196June 20, 2019 7:26 PM

R196

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197June 20, 2019 7:27 PM

R197 Thanks and wow, Brandon is introducing Richard to his close friends!

by Anonymousreply 198June 20, 2019 7:29 PM

This is too much stalking. Itā€™s actually sad

by Anonymousreply 199June 20, 2019 7:29 PM

Awww Brandon looks cute. What an adorable twink.

by Anonymousreply 200June 20, 2019 7:30 PM

R199 My dude.. they're walking in the front door. Please chill. We've been over this so many times today.

by Anonymousreply 201June 20, 2019 7:30 PM

No, this is what God intended when He created Italo creeper girls. Thank you God!

by Anonymousreply 202June 20, 2019 7:30 PM

Oh my gosh how lovely!! His besties were probably dying to meet Richard!

by Anonymousreply 203June 20, 2019 7:30 PM

LOVE THIS ITALIAN FAN WHO ISNT EVEN HERE FOR THEM! Quick everyone save the photos LOL! Thank you spider man cast by default. Brandon is fucking HOT as always.

by Anonymousreply 204June 20, 2019 7:31 PM

Is this Fan staying at this hotel too? I don't think I would have the patience to sit all day and wait to catch pictures of a celebrity

by Anonymousreply 205June 20, 2019 7:32 PM

The fan met Zendaya so her day is made lol

by Anonymousreply 206June 20, 2019 7:32 PM

So I'm wondering if they all hung out together and R just decided to arrive first or was he meeting B there with friends?

by Anonymousreply 207June 20, 2019 7:34 PM

I think Richard was doing something else since he arrived so much later. Brandon probably wanted to continue hanging out with his friends and decided to bring them back so they could meet his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 208June 20, 2019 7:35 PM

Richard had a bag with him so I think he was out running errands or something else he had to do. Tbh they weren't out that long. They both left the hotel around like 1:30-2pm and were back a few hours later.

by Anonymousreply 209June 20, 2019 7:35 PM

they are hiding as much as they can...duh

by Anonymousreply 210June 20, 2019 7:37 PM

Awww I wonder how Richard is meeting his new friends. Iā€™m sure the accent stuns everyone into sultry silence šŸ˜

by Anonymousreply 211June 20, 2019 7:37 PM

R and Tom Holland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212June 20, 2019 7:37 PM

R212 I just let out such a loud laugh, BAHAHAHAHA. You win this thread for today.

by Anonymousreply 213June 20, 2019 7:38 PM

Brandon looking cute and sexy, it's sweet that he introduced his friends to Richard, ok when is the wedding? By the end of the year, I think they are going to be engaged!

by Anonymousreply 214June 20, 2019 7:40 PM

R212 Brilliant!!!! Thank you

by Anonymousreply 215June 20, 2019 7:40 PM

Attention: Block the troll who keep posting the ex.

by Anonymousreply 216June 20, 2019 7:40 PM

R216 they arenā€™t a troll, I asked them to.

by Anonymousreply 217June 20, 2019 7:41 PM

r212 aahhh you motherfucker I thought it was going to be a real pic of them hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 218June 20, 2019 7:42 PM

R214 At this rate, I say in 18 months if they stay this committed. Has Richard ever spoke about marriage or being a dad in the future?

by Anonymousreply 219June 20, 2019 7:42 PM

R219 I just read something like a day or so ago about him saying he'd love to have a family someday but can't remember where I read it!

by Anonymousreply 220June 20, 2019 7:43 PM

R217 and you did that because... (let me guess: to little attention in your life from family, friends and society in general.)

by Anonymousreply 221June 20, 2019 7:44 PM

R219 Wow You are getting ahead of yourself, calm down. They are still in the honeymoon period and it's way too early to even think about getting married of having a family.

by Anonymousreply 222June 20, 2019 7:45 PM

Oh GODNEY. NO straight-aping relationship pur-lease. Please be a couple that doesn't breed.

by Anonymousreply 223June 20, 2019 7:45 PM

R221 I was the person who said I couldnā€™t find a lot of photos of them holding hands (Jenna and Richard), so they posted some for me. Thatā€™s it, thatā€™s all.

by Anonymousreply 224June 20, 2019 7:46 PM

R222 Yes, because you are them. Thank you for your wise input.

by Anonymousreply 225June 20, 2019 7:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226June 20, 2019 7:47 PM

[quote]Trigger warning: Ex present

This is an entirely different situation.

In those pictures you see a heterosexual couple, completely normal to everyone else. Richard could afford to be seen holding hands with a woman and not worry about a negative impact to his career.

Richard is now dating a man which can clearly derail both of their careers in the film industry. There is a reason Richard is still in a glass closet. It may change in the future however.

by Anonymousreply 227June 20, 2019 7:47 PM

I don't know how I feel about this girl waiting for hours outside the hotel and taking pap-like pictures of them entering and leaving. Don't get me wrong, I love knowing they're spending time with each other but we don't need to know what they're doing ALL THE TIME.

by Anonymousreply 228June 20, 2019 7:48 PM

R227 Brandon is already out of the closet. Everyone who casts him is aware of this and heā€™s doing fine.

by Anonymousreply 229June 20, 2019 7:49 PM

R228 sheā€™s only there for Spider-Man cast and literally just said ā€œFINALLYā€ after meeting zendaya. Sheā€™s still waiting for Tom Holland. She doesnā€™t even know really who Brandon is, according to her tweets. People just want selfies with celebs.

by Anonymousreply 230June 20, 2019 7:49 PM

R225 Just being realistic. Marriage and kids soon after starting dating is not usually what a couple of young guys want. Maybe at some point but that line of thinking sounds very archaic and heteronormative.

by Anonymousreply 231June 20, 2019 7:51 PM

R230 I understand that and I get the excitement of waiting to see celebs. But it's not necessary to take pictures of them without their permission if you don't get the chance to take a selfie. That's all I meant.

by Anonymousreply 232June 20, 2019 7:52 PM

So it seems like the wedding planner for Sophie and Joe just confirmed that their wedding will indeed be at the end of this month.

R232 Yeah, unfortunately itā€™s always going to be apart of the fan-celeb relationship. I rather they take these photos as opposed to pictures of people out at private events and restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 233June 20, 2019 7:52 PM

So theyā€™re maybe hanging out with Brandonā€™s friends right now? Cute

by Anonymousreply 234June 20, 2019 7:53 PM

[quote]Brandon is already out of the closet. Everyone who casts him is aware of this and heā€™s doing fine.

R229, B is not the one holding the hand of a lady, nor the star of bodyguard, or has a lead role in a Marvel film, or had a prominent role in GOT.

I hope Brandon achieves those landmarks in his career as an out gay man, but let's not pretend open gay/bi men are leading film roles left and right.

by Anonymousreply 235June 20, 2019 7:55 PM

Likely a double date in happening. I bet Richard and Brandon are very affectionate. Brandon is just saw snuggleable

by Anonymousreply 236June 20, 2019 7:56 PM

R236 HE IS! Heā€™s so tactile with his friends and family, (and obviously partners from what the past shows) and itā€™s so adorable. I noticed that he usually greets alot of people with a cheek kiss, heā€™s just such a sweetheart.

R235 Oh, no I totally get that. I just didnā€™t agree with the ā€œderail both of their careersā€ part, when Brandon is still pretty successful for just being two years out of college. Itā€™s also funny because girls still find him extremely attractive/want to date him as this heartthrob despite his gay status. I think he will (hopefully) be fine by being able to just play straight/gay roles all terrifically - his chemistry with the females on 13RW is so believable.

by Anonymousreply 237June 20, 2019 8:01 PM

If they do get engaged and/or married, weā€™ll never know it, lol.

by Anonymousreply 238June 20, 2019 8:02 PM

R238 Brandon would never keep quiet about that LOL

by Anonymousreply 239June 20, 2019 8:03 PM

Richard's the type who would show up wearing a wedding ring one day and tell you he won't talk about it when he's asked.

by Anonymousreply 240June 20, 2019 8:04 PM

R240 LOL, most definitely. I admire his desire for privacy though. In their industry, it must be so difficult to have things just for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 241June 20, 2019 8:06 PM

I think if they did get married he'd probably admit it but decline talking further details

by Anonymousreply 242June 20, 2019 8:06 PM

Marriage is a matter of public record.

by Anonymousreply 243June 20, 2019 8:07 PM

I wonder how Bā€™s friends feel about Richard....itā€™s always interesting when a friend states their opinion on the new boyfriend/girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 244June 20, 2019 8:08 PM

Can we please shut up about marriage? lmao Richard is not Dustin Lance Black and Brandon ainā€™t Tom Daley. And thank God for that.

by Anonymousreply 245June 20, 2019 8:09 PM

Interviewer: So how's married life going for you? Richard : *let's out deep breath* Good. Good. I've never discussed my personal life before. Interviewer:Ok. Let's move on... *starts talking about Richard's film*

by Anonymousreply 246June 20, 2019 8:10 PM

R246 pretty accurate

by Anonymousreply 247June 20, 2019 8:12 PM

R235 so if R comes out as bi/gay he will be discredited in the eyes of GoT/bodyguard/cinderella fans?

by Anonymousreply 248June 20, 2019 8:19 PM

[quote]so if R comes out as bi/gay he will be discredited in the eyes of GoT/bodyguard/cinderella fans?

R248, I guess that's a question for you to answer. What an odd post.

by Anonymousreply 249June 20, 2019 8:25 PM

Cinderella fans?

by Anonymousreply 250June 20, 2019 8:27 PM

R249 well I say his coming out wouldn't take anything away from his past achievements

by Anonymousreply 251June 20, 2019 8:27 PM

R251 Right. Iā€™m assuming what the OP meant was that heā€™d played s lot of romantic leading man and/or leading man-macho roles in the past. Would those roles dry up if he officially came out? I would hope not, but we have no way of knowing for sure.

by Anonymousreply 252June 20, 2019 8:31 PM

[quote]Right. Iā€™m assuming what the OP meant was that heā€™d played s lot of romantic leading man and/or leading man-macho roles in the past. Would those roles dry up if he officially came out? I would hope not, but we have no way of knowing for sure.

Thank you. That is exactly what my post was highlighting. Being open in a heterosexual relationship was not a threat to Richard's career. He could afford to hold hands with his female ex. (obviously I was replying to the poster that was posting pictures of Richard holding hands with his ex).

Obviously, the situation is different with Brandon, otherwise we would have seen him holding hands with BFlynn.

by Anonymousreply 253June 20, 2019 8:41 PM

R249 Any new graphically dirty predictions about these two yet, Oracle? The more cum-dumpster-y, the better.

by Anonymousreply 254June 20, 2019 8:42 PM

Do we think RM bites and licks Brandonā€™s tattoos when they fuck?

by Anonymousreply 255June 20, 2019 8:47 PM

R255 yeasss

Also does R really not have any of his own because thatā€™s a tragedy. He really looks so hot in whatever this was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256June 20, 2019 8:49 PM

R256 that was the pilot episode for an Amazon show called Oasis. Shame Amazon didnā€™t pick it up, the pilot was great and had promise.

by Anonymousreply 257June 20, 2019 8:52 PM

R255 yesss ... that 'here now with you' tattoo inside his upper arm... that can only be seen properly when his arms are over his head ... Oh yes ...

by Anonymousreply 258June 20, 2019 8:53 PM

R258 chills

by Anonymousreply 259June 20, 2019 8:54 PM

Brandon is enthusiastic about variety.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260June 20, 2019 8:56 PM

r260 i Love when Brandon likes sex related things. The funniest one from November was ā€œwhen your boyfriend has a big dick and knows how to use itā€ lmao xD

by Anonymousreply 261June 20, 2019 9:00 PM

R261 That has to be about Richard, no other boyfriend in November lol

by Anonymousreply 262June 20, 2019 9:02 PM

R261 it was ā€œwhen he has a big dick and knows how to use itā€ but not related to Richard most likely as they just met a few days prior. Still hilarious nevertheless.

R255 I feel like theyā€™re extremely raunchy during sex - when the mood calls for it. Brandon still gives me BDE freak vibes (especially after seeing the club video of him last year) and Richard is just.....well heā€™s richard madden LOL.

by Anonymousreply 263June 20, 2019 9:03 PM

R263 Iā€™m with you. Brandon is the wild one. Just the way he moves. Even in those IG stories where heā€™s doing silly dances and moves. Heā€™s got rhythm AND spice. Or some poses he strikes in pics.

by Anonymousreply 264June 20, 2019 9:08 PM

look at r's bulge beside that black guy...damn watched captain marvel last night. that guy at the fashion show.

by Anonymousreply 265June 20, 2019 9:13 PM

There is a reason R is dickwhipped and can't stay away from B.

by Anonymousreply 266June 20, 2019 9:14 PM

R265 Samuel L. Jackson? Lol

by Anonymousreply 267June 20, 2019 9:14 PM

R263 They could have hooked up at the Halloween party they attended. So it could have been about Richard.

by Anonymousreply 268June 20, 2019 9:14 PM

[quote] but not related to Richard most likely as they just met a few days prior.

R263, and... ???

They probably fucked at the first opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 269June 20, 2019 9:16 PM

R263, which club video?

R268, R269, even if they fucked within two seconds from them meeting, it would still not make R into B's bf at that early stage of their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 270June 20, 2019 9:17 PM

Please letā€™s not go into this debate again lmao

by Anonymousreply 271June 20, 2019 9:18 PM

[quote] even if they fucked within two seconds from them meeting, it would still not make R into B's bf at that early stage of their relationship.

The post he liked didn't say anything about a boyfriend. It just said "when he has a big dick and knows how to use it"

by Anonymousreply 272June 20, 2019 9:19 PM

Has this full variety interview been posted yet? Earlier it was only some quotes, Very interesting read

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273June 20, 2019 9:20 PM

R271 YEP, Iā€™m already over it and it hasnā€™t even began. I donā€™t think they fucked that early on, but tomatoe, tomato.

R266 Oh for sureeeeee. Heā€™s probably missed being with men and now gets it on a regular basis.

R273 Yeah, was posted yesterday!

by Anonymousreply 274June 20, 2019 9:21 PM

OH WAIT THAT IS A WHOLE INTERVIEW SORRY! It hasnā€™t been posted!!! R273

by Anonymousreply 275June 20, 2019 9:22 PM

[quote] even if they fucked

Even??? Girl please.

It is very clear to everyone these two hit off right on the spot. They were not exchanging innocent looks only. C"mon

by Anonymousreply 276June 20, 2019 9:22 PM

what hotel. someone fake gps on grindr and catfish them

by Anonymousreply 277June 20, 2019 9:24 PM

What do we think about this new Brandon interview, has he ever talked about his sexuality like this before?

by Anonymousreply 278June 20, 2019 9:24 PM

I think it's fascinating because Brandon apparently didn't choose to come out to the public and doesn't like how his narrative was forced on him. So how about we stop the concern trolling that he would disapprove of Richard not coming out to the public.

by Anonymousreply 279June 20, 2019 9:29 PM

A trans person and a straight person? I think you mean cis, sis.

by Anonymousreply 280June 20, 2019 9:30 PM

That question about press around his dating life and his answer are totally about Richard arent they?

by Anonymousreply 281June 20, 2019 9:33 PM

Also him mentioning Rocketman russian censorship as if he just read about it in passing....lol

by Anonymousreply 282June 20, 2019 9:35 PM

R282 BAHAHAHA I was just about to mention that. Iā€™m sure he would be frustrated nonetheless but probably more so since his man is involved in the project.

by Anonymousreply 283June 20, 2019 9:36 PM

His use of ally isn't correct, either. He's obviously well intentioned but if you're going to wade into advocacy, the terms used need to be accurate.

by Anonymousreply 284June 20, 2019 9:37 PM

Was it Miles Heizer's team that put out that B and him were just friends? Or was it a joint statement?

by Anonymousreply 285June 20, 2019 9:39 PM

does he mention bisexuality quite a few times or am I overthinking this

by Anonymousreply 286June 20, 2019 9:41 PM

R285 Milesā€™ team did.

by Anonymousreply 287June 20, 2019 9:43 PM

Wow. This is a really goid interview. He's only 25 but he sounds so mature and grounded. And frankly fascinating. I can totally hear him say so many of the things he says in to article to Richard if I'm perfectly honest.

And he also managed to make me feel ashamed of my fascination with the two of them. He's good.

by Anonymousreply 288June 20, 2019 9:44 PM

good**

by Anonymousreply 289June 20, 2019 9:44 PM

R286, he says "into men... into women" at one point. But later the interviewer states in a question "but you are gay".

This article is a bit of a mess. There should have been a publicist that specialises in coming out present when the interview took place

by Anonymousreply 290June 20, 2019 9:45 PM

r284 What do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 291June 20, 2019 9:45 PM

Uh, I disagree, Brandon. There are plenty of us that want to read an article that just says, ā€œBrandon is with this person and we are so happy for him!ā€

Also, lol at him speaking of Richard in hypothetical terms.

by Anonymousreply 292June 20, 2019 9:45 PM

i bet their pr teams are orchestrating a "coming out."

by Anonymousreply 293June 20, 2019 9:46 PM

His comments about the coming out instagram post are so weird. He was speaking in first person and including himself in the community ("We've been scares shitless our whole lives thanks to all the stigma that surround Us" etc.) but he's mad that people took it as him coming out? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 294June 20, 2019 9:47 PM

R290 it is sort of weirdly formatted and it could come across that Brandon doesn't use labels in his personal life and that the interviewer is trying to put him in a box

by Anonymousreply 295June 20, 2019 9:48 PM

people assumed he was gay with the post and it went to press. he didn;t deny though.

by Anonymousreply 296June 20, 2019 9:49 PM

R294 he might object specifically to the articles that claimed he came out as a gay man if he doesn't label himself that way but I think it's weird too

by Anonymousreply 297June 20, 2019 9:49 PM

R286 No you're not the only one. He seemed to be rambling a lot. And at one point he seemed somewhat annoyed that the media labeled him as gay when he "came out". And at one point he said something like "just because I mostly date men" Honestly I really hoped he was stating unequivocally how he I.Ds since he's talking about his sexuality here but I was left kind of confused. Maybe he just doesn't wanna be labeled.

by Anonymousreply 298June 20, 2019 9:50 PM

ā€œYeah, you know what? You actually donā€™t have to come out publicly because itā€™s actually not that much of a big deal.ā€ It doesnā€™t change one thing. It doesnā€™t change what you can do, as far as talent. It doesnā€™t change what you can do, as far as your job."

so r is not coming out

by Anonymousreply 299June 20, 2019 9:50 PM

This part seems to really apply to Richard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300June 20, 2019 9:51 PM

I donā€™t want to speak for anyone because I donā€™t know most of these people, and as grateful and as honored as I am to have them all in my corner and keeping an eye out for what Iā€™m doing next, I donā€™t know them

that's his message to you

by Anonymousreply 301June 20, 2019 9:51 PM

R294, wow. Is that the actual quote? Shit. That means he's playing into media spin. That's very disappponting.

by Anonymousreply 302June 20, 2019 9:54 PM

r290 He wasn't coming out so why should he need a "coming out publicist"?

He was honest and sincere which is quite refreshing to hear and frankly it's a bloody good interview.

by Anonymousreply 303June 20, 2019 9:54 PM

R295, he's not putting the interviewer right, though. The quote about still working it out himself seems the most accurate.

by Anonymousreply 304June 20, 2019 9:55 PM

r302 What media spin? You people are reading some weird shit from this.

by Anonymousreply 305June 20, 2019 9:56 PM

it shouldn't matter, but it does. if you want to be a star, you have to take all that comes with it.

by Anonymousreply 306June 20, 2019 9:56 PM

it's not called the "public eye" for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 307June 20, 2019 9:57 PM

R302 media spin on a ig post from 2017?

by Anonymousreply 308June 20, 2019 9:58 PM

R303, he's speaking at length about his sexuality in this interview. You think this interview plays no part in his coming out story?

by Anonymousreply 309June 20, 2019 9:59 PM

R305, look at the quote to which I responded. "We" and "us" etc. re membership of the LGBT community. And quit using "you people", it's passive agressive.

by Anonymousreply 310June 20, 2019 10:01 PM

He's already out. Even if he talks about his sexuality he's not coming out because he already did inadvertently.

by Anonymousreply 311June 20, 2019 10:03 PM

"We've been scared shitless our whole lives thanks to all the sigma that surrounds us."

There's no LGBT ally that's been scared shitless their whole lives in that context, even the most empathetic of PFLAG moms, not their whole lives.

To spin that as "I was just saying that I'm an ally." That is intellectually dishonest.

by Anonymousreply 312June 20, 2019 10:06 PM

His concern seems to be the way his sexuality was framed by the media. He didn't get to label himself.

by Anonymousreply 313June 20, 2019 10:06 PM

I interpreted what heā€™s trying to say is that he hates how his relationship with Richard is being viewed as a ā€œscandalā€. He feels like actors shouldnā€™t have to ā€œcome outā€ professionally - sounds like he hadnā€™t intended too but on the flip side he feels like heā€™s helping young gay people (which is why he got teary) see if he can do it so can they.

by Anonymousreply 314June 20, 2019 10:07 PM

R312 he didn't say he was only being an ally, read the article again

by Anonymousreply 315June 20, 2019 10:09 PM

You people are passive aggressive? It doesn't take much to ruffle your feathers.

And he didn't like how the media took to his post which was labelled "coming out post". I think that's already been established. He felt the focus on what should be a support for human rights was turned into a focus on him instead and the supposed coming out. As for his sexuality. He came out at 15 as liking both boys and girls and he says it himself it took him years to learn about himself so maybe when that post came out he still wasn't labelling himself. And maybe he still doesn't even though most look at him as gay.

by Anonymousreply 316June 20, 2019 10:11 PM

R314, yes, and he's right, it has been treated as a scandal.

by Anonymousreply 317June 20, 2019 10:12 PM

The main thing I took from the article is that he's still not really certain whether he's gay or bi, he's mostly dating men, but he's been with women before as well, so he's not sure how to define himself and when he isn't, to see the media defining him in very certain terms is upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 318June 20, 2019 10:12 PM

He said he didn't come out with the Australia post. If he wasn't claiming ownership of his membership of the LGBT community, what did his words connote? Allyship? Something else?

by Anonymousreply 319June 20, 2019 10:12 PM

R318 is right. Sounds to me as if Brandon is still figuring it out. Which is completely understandable. The people trying to force a label on him (or Richard) when neither one has claimed that label is not fair. Brandon should get to define himself, not fans or the media.

by Anonymousreply 320June 20, 2019 10:15 PM

Leave this man alone please... He made good points and spoke both candidly and sincerely. I'm sure the last thing he would want is for all of you to overanalyze every single word and argue about his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 321June 20, 2019 10:17 PM

It's not fair to type

[Quote] We've been scared shitless our whole lives thanks to all the stigma that surrounds us.

and then turn around and say you didn't come out. His words were very specific, very emotive, very powerful. Those were not the words of an ally.

I've seen no one explain the quote away as something that someone who is not LGBT could type...

by Anonymousreply 322June 20, 2019 10:21 PM

In the interview he thinks the media wants to see his relationship (with Richard ) to fail ..

by Anonymousreply 323June 20, 2019 10:22 PM

R323 he could have been talking about Sam there because in the end isn't that what happened with them

by Anonymousreply 324June 20, 2019 10:24 PM

IMO, he's saying he didn't come out in that post because he wasn't in the closet. That's why he points out he had already "done that" as a teen.

by Anonymousreply 325June 20, 2019 10:25 PM

I wonder how Richard feel about this article? I bet Richardā€™s publicist will advice Richard that this Brandon guy talks a little too much and it wouldnā€™t do good for his career .

by Anonymousreply 326June 20, 2019 10:26 PM

What a great interview. Iā€™ve always found him to be articulate and intellectually sound. If youā€™ve watched his old interviews about sexuality, this is nothing new. He sounded annoyed on video when discussing the IG post a year ago during 13RW promo, simply because he didnā€™t expect nor want thwas media to make a big deal about it. If youā€™ve followed him for a while, heā€™s also liked IG comments in the past where his fans said ā€œwhy are people talking about his sexuality? itā€™s not a big dealā€. Basically, this is Brandon Flynn. He identifies with the LGBTQ community but hasnā€™t labeled himself yet, and is annoyed that the media has done it for him (saying whether they go with gay or bi, on whichever day). It seems to me that he wanted his lifestyle to be a l Cara Delevingne, Kristen Stewart, Ashley Benson, or Harry Styles where itā€™s clear theyā€™re in th community, but never felt the need to verbally address it. I love that he is still getting work (from what he sees) despite his sexuality and he definitely seems proud that atleast the aftermath has been pretty much positive.

He is so self aware when addressing being in the industry and saying he doesnā€™t really feel like heā€™s fully in yet, because itā€™s TRUE. Heā€™s accomplished so much being straight out of Rutgers, but after Netflix cancels 13RW, he still has to work out the longevity of being an actor in this industry, so ofcourse heā€™s still feeling everything out. When it comes to his relationships and Richard, I hope everyone who is calling R a coward for not coming out and saying that Brandon is probably pissed or embarrassed can realize that they were completely wrong. I mentioned this in a million threads ago, but Brandon had continuously said in past interviews that itā€™s annoying for people to feel the need to come out when straight people dont have to. I think one of the main reasons Richard was attracted to B is because itā€™s clear he doesnā€™t care WHAT richardā€™s sexuality is...hell Madden may still be figuring it out for himself. I think Brandon just goes off connection and forms a relationship from that. This has gotten impossibly long, but Iā€™m happy for him and canā€™t wait to see where his career goes.

by Anonymousreply 327June 20, 2019 10:28 PM

R326 why would his people care though? they arenā€™t even confirmed dating...Brandon will and can do whatever he wants.

by Anonymousreply 328June 20, 2019 10:29 PM

"I do feel like thereā€™s a weird expectation with being a handsome white guy that people are surprised when I tell them that I date men. I feel like thereā€™s an odd expectation ā€” like, 'Oh, you look like the leading man, so you should be straight.'"

lol

by Anonymousreply 329June 20, 2019 10:29 PM

R325, that would only make sense if there were no distinction between "privately out" and "out in the media." And it sure as hell holds no water when linked to a post speaking out on gay marriage being voted on in a whole 'nother country.

by Anonymousreply 330June 20, 2019 10:31 PM

R326 You think Richard didnā€™t know about this interview? This is obviously a big interview for Brandon, a big deal. Itā€™s not every day heā€™s sitting down with Variety and talking so candidly about something so intensely personal to him. Iā€™m sure Richard knew all about it before this.

R327 Great post. Couldn't agree more.

by Anonymousreply 331June 20, 2019 10:31 PM

R325 That makes sense, but still, coming out to your friends and family and coming out to the public when you're a famous person aren't exactly the same thing. Like yes, he was out in his personal life, but as far as the public is concerned.. that post was his coming out. It's weird that he can't see this.

R318 That's spot on. And to think someone here blocked me because I said I didn't see the point in saying he was 100% gay when we didn't know for sure that he was lol

by Anonymousreply 332June 20, 2019 10:32 PM

Identify with the LGBTQ community but hasn't labeled himself yet makes no sense. LGBTQ is a label.

by Anonymousreply 333June 20, 2019 10:33 PM

R327 well said. R326 is suffering from the same affliction as other posters who somehow think that Richard and Brandon don't talk to each other.

by Anonymousreply 334June 20, 2019 10:33 PM

Cara Delevigne just got an award from the Trevor project, did she not?

by Anonymousreply 335June 20, 2019 10:33 PM

I think it bothered him very much that it wasn't his narrative or his move to come out publicly. It was forced upon him and of course since he was out he would never deny it but it wasn't his narrative and it took the focus of something he wanted to support. I don't think he's ever had the chance to go into this so which he obviously feels is important to him and why he talks a lot about it.

by Anonymousreply 336June 20, 2019 10:33 PM

[Quote] We've been scared shitless our whole lives thanks to all the sigma that surrounds us."

These words were forced upon him?

None of you will engage with that original quote. That's very telling. Only what Brandon is trying to sell in the aftermath.

by Anonymousreply 337June 20, 2019 10:36 PM

Idk, even when he hadnā€™t said anything about his sexuality before that post, it was pretty obvious he wasnā€™t straight based on stuff he would like and post. Now, whether people paid any attention to that is another story. The problem is that everyone assumes everyone is straight unless said otherwise, which is a big part of the problem. So he was never hiding or in the closet, which is why I think he was partly annoyed by that being taken as his ā€œcoming outā€.

by Anonymousreply 338June 20, 2019 10:36 PM

The article is really fascinating especially because he is dating a man who canā€™t seem to come out because of his career and the Hollywood double standards and in this interview itā€™s points to that....wow truly interesting read!

by Anonymousreply 339June 20, 2019 10:40 PM

R337, ok let's just concede your point. What do you want? Ostracize Brandon from the LGBTQ community? Shame him for not being a perfect queer person? Point out he is stupid or lacks eloquence?

by Anonymousreply 340June 20, 2019 10:41 PM

[Quote] that post was his coming out. It's weird that he can't see this.

I'm not convinced that he can't see it. I think things got too hot for him.

by Anonymousreply 341June 20, 2019 10:42 PM

R337 Look, youā€™re speaking in a very logical way. And maybe youā€™re even right, in some ways. But itā€™s obvious that Brandon is coming from his own emotive place. Logic and feelings don't always go hand in hand. And heā€™s not trying to SELL anything. He didnā€™t say ā€œIā€™m gayā€ and is now trying to walk it back and say ā€œIā€™m straightā€ or something. Heā€™s expressing his own feelings on what happened to him in his post being made about one thing when he himself wasnā€™t trying to make it about that. It also probably felt like a double whammy as Iā€™m guessing it was probably his first MAJOR brush with media focus on him- not on his show, not on him as part of the show, not on his character, just him, and in a very personal way.

by Anonymousreply 342June 20, 2019 10:43 PM

R337 He is apart of the community, by the media started labeling him as ā€œgay actorā€ and he never even said ā€œhi my name is Brandon Flynn and I like men exclusivelyā€. Obviously he wouldā€™ve ā€œcome outā€ via his relationship with Sam Smith as being into men, but then if he were to date a woman the next damn day, the media would be calling that person a beard or him a fraud since they put him in the ā€œgayā€ box. Heā€™s just annoyed that he never got to say the words himself, especially as he doesnā€™t even know what he falls under (whether gay, Pan, bisexual, demisexual etc).

by Anonymousreply 343June 20, 2019 10:43 PM

R340, it's pretty telling that you're throwing those options out there, hoping I'll "bite." I'm not a villain. You might like me to be, but I'm not.

by Anonymousreply 344June 20, 2019 10:45 PM

Will Brandon link to this interview on ig or does he not normally do that?

by Anonymousreply 345June 20, 2019 10:45 PM

R339 Thatā€™s definitely something I gave thought to as I read it. Itā€™s such a personal interview, but also it feels like he wanted to address things on the behalf of his boyfriend who technically canā€™t/wonā€™t since heā€™s never been that open.

by Anonymousreply 346June 20, 2019 10:45 PM

R345 He normally does - atleast for magazine shoots. I think he will, especially being that itā€™s PRIDE month. Variety is hugeeeeeee, and I honestly think he went on their IG page the other day to see if the interview was already posted (then he saw Richardā€™s actors on actors posts and probably was like ā€œfuck heā€™s hotā€ and liked it in the meantime lol).

by Anonymousreply 347June 20, 2019 10:47 PM

I feel a bit sad for Brandon reading that interview. Anybody else feel the same way?

by Anonymousreply 348June 20, 2019 10:51 PM

R347 since he didn't do a photoshoot it likely won't be posted on the variety ig account though

by Anonymousreply 349June 20, 2019 10:51 PM

R348 Yeah but I can't put my finger on exactly why. the part where he says he feels like he hasn't broke through in the industry yet makes me really want him to succeed

by Anonymousreply 350June 20, 2019 10:53 PM

R349 They sometimes just post the picture they use in the article as a cover photo of the person did an interview without new photos. I could see them just throwing up his Emmys red carpet picture and calling it a day.

R348 My heart goes out for him, but itā€™s good knowing that he has a beautiful support system and that the show runner for 13RW didnā€™t completely freak out cause heā€™s into men. He mentioned last year that therapy is included in his regular routine which made me think that he definitely has his own personal demons. Iā€™m rooting for him though, especially as heā€™s the clear stand out in his show.

I will say that him mentioning that the ā€œlead character is the most boring partā€ was word vomit and maybe something he shouldnā€™t have said.....he indirectly called Clay on 13RW to be boring LOL. And plus if casting agents are reading this (and oh they will), he may automatically be relegated to the side character role every time.

by Anonymousreply 351June 20, 2019 10:55 PM

r337 No one is making you out to be a villain but you're not making any sense with your persistance on this quote.

by Anonymousreply 352June 20, 2019 10:55 PM

R348 He seems like a type that could easily get depressed. Idk I remember someone here said there's a photo of him crying on the street after his breakup and his dad embracing him.

by Anonymousreply 353June 20, 2019 10:56 PM

I love this interview. It really gave him the opportunity to fully communicate. Itā€™s awesome for him! Also, Richard couldnā€™t have asked for a better partner!

by Anonymousreply 354June 20, 2019 10:56 PM

R353 he was on vacation when that rumor was going around but he was with his family, dad included so I donā€™t know. Iā€™m the one who mentioned a few days ago that Iā€™m happy Richard is with him now because he did post questionable things at points last summer which made fandom go hmmmmmmm. He seems to be in a much better space now, but Iā€™m sure he still goes to therapy.

by Anonymousreply 355June 20, 2019 10:58 PM

Does anyone wonder what he means by that "lean into" comment?

by Anonymousreply 356June 20, 2019 10:58 PM

r351 Or the point he's making is that leading men/women are put in a much stricter box, much stricter roles while side kicks often have more meatier and not as conventional roles. It's like an ecco of what Richard said about romantic male leads and how playing the villain is more fun.

by Anonymousreply 357June 20, 2019 10:59 PM

R351, he also should not have said "the druggy". Oy.

by Anonymousreply 358June 20, 2019 10:59 PM

r355 He and his boyfriend broke up. Of course he was sad. It's normal and doesn't have to mean depression.

by Anonymousreply 359June 20, 2019 11:01 PM

R356 I think he meant that he didnā€™t want to lean into the whole ā€œhehehehe my sexuality is a secret and I want to use it to my advantage in this industryā€ type thing and was okay with people knowing that heā€™s queer.

by Anonymousreply 360June 20, 2019 11:01 PM

R359 I didnā€™t say depression. I agree that itā€™s a normal part of life and he addressed feeling lonely around that time.

by Anonymousreply 361June 20, 2019 11:02 PM

R357 Yeah, I think Richard worded it better. I understood what Brandon meant, but I think he couldā€™ve explained it better just to cover his ass for future castings/not offend Dylan (Clay on 13RW, who Iā€™m sure wonā€™t GAF).

by Anonymousreply 362June 20, 2019 11:03 PM

r361 Oh sorry. It was another poster who mentioned depression.

by Anonymousreply 363June 20, 2019 11:04 PM

I'm sure once Brandon gives more interviews they'll be phrased better. It is nice to read a raw interview, since Richard is very streamlined and reserved in what he says.

by Anonymousreply 364June 20, 2019 11:06 PM

R362 Dylan is one of his closer friends on 13RW, I really doubt heā€™s going to care one bit. Also,what he said probably almost doesnā€™t even really apply to Clay the character because god, that character is on the verge of breaking apart most of the time, and has some pretty epic meltdowns/mood swings etc- plenty for an actor to play with. But yeah, I get where you're coming from. It was a bit clumsy in the wording alright.

by Anonymousreply 365June 20, 2019 11:06 PM

I just DMed the fan account Brandon follows and sent them the link so maybe theyā€™ll post it (and heā€™ll actually see it)

by Anonymousreply 366June 20, 2019 11:06 PM

R364 I love that heā€™s rambly. Him and timothee chalamet are so refreshing in interviews, because you can tell theyā€™re still wide eyed and not jaded by the industry yet. The media coaching isnā€™t there and they donā€™t sound like boring robots.

by Anonymousreply 367June 20, 2019 11:08 PM

I have just reread and those last three answers he give are for sure about his relationship with Richard and I think he is also hinting throughout that he isn't just attracted to men especially with that last comment.

by Anonymousreply 368June 20, 2019 11:09 PM

I am trying to collect my thoughts about this interview, [bold]because as a gay man[/bold], there is one particular part of this interviewed that enraged me, but I'll marinate my thoughts first before posting because I want to give Brandon the benefit of the doubt.

I do have to remind some of you, [bold]I am talking to the straight women here[/bold], while it is great that you girls can join us in this very humble interactive space, you cannot possibly understand the depth of emotions that come with coming out. It is unique to gay/bi men and women and coming to term with who you are can bring excruciating pain. This type of interview is bound to bring passionate discussion and gay men would be justify in doing so...period!

He have all heard Brandon state publicly that he was a gay man, not bi, gay, so a part of this interview comes like a cold bucket of water.

Oddly enough, I had picked up something when I was reading R/B the other day.

by Anonymousreply 369June 20, 2019 11:09 PM

R352, are you LGBT? (You won't answer, I know.) Because if you were you would understand that the Australia quote said to any LGBT person reading it: "I am one of you. I know your fear. I know your hardships. I know what you've had to overcome. I know what you still have to fight."

[Quote] We've been scared shitless our whole lives thanks to all the stigma surrounds Us.

I'm not making any sense? You just to don't want to see. That's ok. Privilege blinds.

by Anonymousreply 370June 20, 2019 11:11 PM

R368 Well, he did say himself he came out as bisexual in that interview.

by Anonymousreply 371June 20, 2019 11:11 PM

r365 Yes I really love the honesty and sincerity in this interview. You see him as he is. It's not that common now to see that in an up and coming actor. I can kind of feel his charming personality through the paper.

by Anonymousreply 372June 20, 2019 11:12 PM

That was an interesting read. I scrolled past it in my Twitter feed because I thought it was the same article posted yesterday.

The main thing I took away from it is that B, like a lot of people I know his age or younger (Iā€™m in my 30s) are starting to use the terms ā€˜gayā€™ and ā€˜queerā€™ to really mean they arenā€™t 100% straight. I think thatā€™s cool. I also think itā€™s cool when people totally identify with one group or another. Itā€™s about being open and comfortable with whatever you want to be and whomever you want to be with and itā€™s also about not letting your sexuality define everything about you if you donā€™t want it to.

by Anonymousreply 373June 20, 2019 11:12 PM

R360, but wouldn't Richard fall under that umbrella, pre Brandon?

by Anonymousreply 374June 20, 2019 11:12 PM

R369 I respect your insight, and would love to hear your enraged thoughts, ofcourse only if you ever feel comfortable stating them. Iā€™ve only ever heard him say he came out as bisexual as a teen, and then refer to himself as gay all throughout an interview last May, but thatā€™s it. I think he is just honestly figuring it out and maybe thatā€™s apart of his struggles in therapy.

by Anonymousreply 375June 20, 2019 11:13 PM

I think after the initial honeymoon phase is over i think this might be one of the issues that Richard and Brandon will struggle with together as brandon pointed out numerous times that the door can still be open with career oppurtunities even when ur out but Richard who 7 years apart and his old school doesnā€™t feel like that as you can see by actions of being super private and him being catered as the next big thing...

by Anonymousreply 376June 20, 2019 11:13 PM

R374 He said he personally doesnā€™t want to lean into that, but he canā€™t control what Richard or the other queer actors do with their careers.

by Anonymousreply 377June 20, 2019 11:14 PM

R376 He literally says in the interview that he wants his personal life and professional life to be separate and never felt like the two needed to meet in the middle, so Iā€™m sure heā€™s okay with whatever Richard has decided to do with his own career.

by Anonymousreply 378June 20, 2019 11:15 PM

R369, thank you for being here. I never thought I'd ever feel the need to type that on DL. There's so much blithe dismissal on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 379June 20, 2019 11:16 PM

R374 We donā€™t know that. We have no idea what the truth of that situation is. People have different guesses, and thatā€™s fine. Iā€™m sure someone among them is right. Maybe he had 50 different secret boyfriends. But itā€™s also possible B is his first time falling for a guy too. And whatever the truth is, I honestly donā€™t think Brandon would judge him for it anyway. Reading that interview it didnā€™t seem like he was talking about anything but his own experiences, and what he wanted for himself- he seemed fine with whatever other people felt was their path too.

by Anonymousreply 380June 20, 2019 11:16 PM

I will repeat: this was a lovely interview. He was thoughtful and realistically represented the issues he personally grapples with. This interview is more impactful for a young queer actor to read than if he gave canned answers. Not sure why anyone is getting a negative vibe. Itā€™s just honest and the right way to address real issues especially during pride month. It is also likely that his world view is more similar to Richard than I had assumed before.

by Anonymousreply 381June 20, 2019 11:23 PM

R369 What did your reads say the other day?

by Anonymousreply 382June 20, 2019 11:23 PM

He wasn't just speaking of his own experience. He said "what a lot of gay men in the industry lean into, is that no one knows, some people get a kick out of that." It's an odd comment. Is he talking about gay actors laughing about clueless fangirls or something?

by Anonymousreply 383June 20, 2019 11:23 PM

R381, are you a young queer actor?

by Anonymousreply 384June 20, 2019 11:24 PM

As bisexual who's lived through people fleeing the country in order to be able to live, work, not be attacked for their sexuality I've known a lot of prejudice. From all sides of the queer community. Despite having boyfriends and therefore having my bisexuality erased or maybe especially because of it. And after decades I'm still defending it.

Having own narrative is important and that is what I feel Brandon feels he missed. For me it feels very simple to understand and not in any way like he's backtracking on anything. That is what I don't get and why I don't get the anger.

But do bring on the bloody bisexuals rant. It won't be the first time.

by Anonymousreply 385June 20, 2019 11:26 PM

Why end your post with that last line? It hardly invites a measured response.

by Anonymousreply 386June 20, 2019 11:28 PM

r386 I'm obviously being passive aggressive. And maybe also because it won't be the first time my words are disregarded on account of my secuality.

by Anonymousreply 387June 20, 2019 11:31 PM

R383 Hmmm interesting POV. That could be true, and it happens a lot Iā€™m sure.

Can I just say that Iā€™m so glad he didnā€™t bring up any examples of current lgbtq artists or actors who are in a similar position as him? He made the interview extremely personal and 100% about him, which I respect.

by Anonymousreply 388June 20, 2019 11:32 PM

Why are people saying heā€™s bi based on his interview? He didnā€™t say at all. Itā€™s still not clear if heā€™s bi or gay. I actually think he seems to relate to himself as gay.

by Anonymousreply 389June 20, 2019 11:35 PM

R369 A LOT of bisexual people use gay as an umbrella term. Kristen Stewart for example said she was "so gay" on SNL and then later clarified that she still likes men. Kehlani did something similar. This is why nowadays I'm wary of assuming that those who call themselves gay are, well, homosexual. Not that I agree with bis coopting the word, but it is what it is.

As for the cold bucket of water... this is why I said some people were setting themselves up for disappointment by believing he couldn't be anything other than gay. Sorry you feel that way though, I know it sucks, been there lol

by Anonymousreply 390June 20, 2019 11:36 PM

R385, Brandon's words were very much his own narrative in that SM post, though. There's a disconnect between his raw words and how he's speaking of the post in the aftermath.

He seems put out that he was assumed to be gay. That's fine. He could have put that right with this interview. He didn't, really. "I haven't found a label that fits" would have sufficed.

I absolutely reject that he was victimised in how that SM post was reported. If his narrative was takem from him, he could have taken it right back with another SM post. He didn't. Only he (and perhaps his intimates) knows why.

by Anonymousreply 391June 20, 2019 11:37 PM

R391 He didnā€™t feel like the post was a coming out in the first place so why would he have to redirect the media to the correct sexuality with another post?

by Anonymousreply 392June 20, 2019 11:38 PM

R390 which article are you all reading? Where did he say he was bi?

by Anonymousreply 393June 20, 2019 11:38 PM

R389 I get the vibe that he currently refers to being gay in his private life and noticed that he kept calling himself gay in an interview last year. He said he came out as bisexual, but as we all know things change over time as we get older and he may not identify with that anymore. We will never know unless he tells us, but atleast to me itā€™s clear that heā€™s more into men at the moment publicly - and he probably would agree with that notion.

by Anonymousreply 394June 20, 2019 11:40 PM

R393 Here, scroll down to where he talks about Spring Awakening

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395June 20, 2019 11:40 PM

R392, because it pissed him off to be referred to as a "gay Australian actor" as he said in that radio interview. A clarification wouldn't have even needed to specify his sexuality (if he genunely thought that he didn't come out with that post), just that the previous post offered support, and anything else assumed by it was someone else's interpretation.

by Anonymousreply 396June 20, 2019 11:43 PM

R396 He said heā€™s never used his platform for that so it doesnā€™t surprise me that he just kept living his life and was spotted making out with Sam in the NYC streets two weeks later. He is an ally and apart of the community, but I think even doing this interview where he had to clarify what happened, was probably a lot for him.

by Anonymousreply 397June 20, 2019 11:48 PM

Iā€™m with you, Oracle. Everything you said is right on. Canā€™t say exactly why but this interview soured me on him slightly. I didnā€™t find the rambling refreshing, just a bit tedious and aloof.

Guess he and Richard have more in common than we previously thought, though.

by Anonymousreply 398June 20, 2019 11:48 PM

Heā€™s not Australian so not sure where that part came from?

by Anonymousreply 399June 20, 2019 11:49 PM

His platform for what? Advocacy? That's what the Australia post was - advocacy. A follow up could have similarly focused on advocacy.

by Anonymousreply 400June 20, 2019 11:50 PM

Heā€™s always said this stuff though. This interview is nothing new if you watch what heā€™s said before. I donā€™t think Richard wouldā€™ve dated someone who was all about pressuring people to come out despite their career. Itā€™s clear that they spoke about this early on.

by Anonymousreply 401June 20, 2019 11:50 PM

R399 there were headlines at the time who called him an Australian actor. I donā€™t think they knew exactly where he was from and just went with that lol

by Anonymousreply 402June 20, 2019 11:51 PM

He is not an ally. He dates men and has dated women. He's directly affected by the gay rights movement. Allies are not.

by Anonymousreply 403June 20, 2019 11:52 PM

R400 If he said something about peopleā€™s interpretations in a followup post, he wouldā€™ve gotten the ā€œno homoā€ label throw continuously at him. He couldnā€™t win either way.

R403 He calls himself an ally, but I get what you mean (and I agree).

by Anonymousreply 404June 20, 2019 11:53 PM

R399, he said in the radio interview that he was reported to be a gay Australian actor. Reported to be, not that he is...

by Anonymousreply 405June 20, 2019 11:53 PM

R399 his not-ā€œcoming outā€ post was in support of marriage equality in Australia. Funnily I admit I too assumed he was Australian based on that because I didnā€™t know much about him at the time.

by Anonymousreply 406June 20, 2019 11:54 PM

He said he came out as bi when he was 15. I don't think he's ever specified one way or the other after that, has he? But because of he's dating history he's been looked upon as gay. It's his right though to specify his sexuality any way he wants.

by Anonymousreply 407June 20, 2019 11:54 PM

So anymore word from that Italian girl?

by Anonymousreply 408June 20, 2019 11:55 PM

R407 Yeah, other than referring to himself as gay last year and saying ā€œneverā€ in response to a friend saying that he was becoming heterosexual on them (underneath his 13RW workout IG post), he hadnā€™t directly said it and he shouldnā€™t have to as heā€™s figuring it out. He obviously leans towards men more.

by Anonymousreply 409June 20, 2019 11:56 PM

He has publicly referred to himself as gay. But as others have said, his contemporaries love to use ā€œgayā€ as an umbrella term now.

by Anonymousreply 410June 20, 2019 11:56 PM

R404, he would have got the "No Homo" label thrown at him? No chance. And tonguing down Sam Smith on the street would have put paid to any "gay baiting" charges if they had occured.

by Anonymousreply 411June 20, 2019 11:57 PM

R410 Yeah, a lot of us millennials do use that now. I had a friend come out publicly and recently as bi and they specifically only refer to themselves as gay and they use grindr exclusively. It really just depends on the person.

by Anonymousreply 412June 20, 2019 11:58 PM

Why does it matter if heā€™s gay or bi? I thought we were here because him and Richard were pounding the hell out of each other. Does him being bi or gay change anything?

by Anonymousreply 413June 20, 2019 11:58 PM

Poor Brandon. No offence to anyone here, everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and views, but it feels a bit like people are putting too much on him. Heā€™s still young, folks. Heā€™s not a child or anything, but heā€™s still only 25 and was what, 23 or something, when he made that post? Heā€™s obviously not that experienced with putting his thoughts and feelings into words in a situation like this interview. He just seems to me like someone who hasnā€™t quite got it all figured out yet, but then, I donā€™t think HE'D say himself heā€™s got all the answers either. Seems to me like heā€™s just living his life, trying his best, and heā€™s trying to use the platform heā€™s got with the show to do some good.

by Anonymousreply 414June 20, 2019 11:58 PM

R413 it seems to disappoint some that Brandon isn't only into men.

by Anonymousreply 415June 20, 2019 11:59 PM

R411 I truly believe that if he came back on IG the next day or so after the media coverage to clarify/say he didnā€™t mean what people assumed he meant, people wouldā€™ve been like ā€œUS actor retracts statement about being LGBTQā€ and people definitely wouldā€™ve said he was pulling a ā€œno homoā€. In hindsight, itā€™s best he didnā€™t say anything. Actions speak louder than words.

by Anonymousreply 416June 20, 2019 11:59 PM

R408 nothing more no

by Anonymousreply 417June 21, 2019 12:00 AM

R414 I still donā€™t get what the issue is with this interview. He spoke about his own personal experience. Itā€™s his truth and it was honest.

by Anonymousreply 418June 21, 2019 12:00 AM

R413 R415 Agreed. He didnā€™t even say heā€™s into women currently either...just that heā€™s been all over the place and with them in the past. Maybe after Richard, heā€™ll know what he is. Itā€™s clear heā€™s more men friendly at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 419June 21, 2019 12:01 AM

If he didn't take the opportunity then, he probably should have kept his counsel.

by Anonymousreply 420June 21, 2019 12:02 AM

R414 I respect his transparency. All of this are my thoughts. Heā€™s been consistent since Iā€™ve been following his content and I respect that the media hasnā€™t had influence on him to change it up.

by Anonymousreply 421June 21, 2019 12:02 AM

[quote]That is what I don't get and why I don't get the anger.

Do not confuse the issue. The label "gay" came out of his own mouth, no one put those word in his mouth. They came out willingly.

[quote]What did your reads say the other day?

I saw him trying to detach himself himself from what I understood, being gay, then I immediately have issues with the recognition that he had box himself into the closet once again.

by Anonymousreply 422June 21, 2019 12:03 AM

R422 Hmmmmm thatā€™s interesting. Thanks for sharing! Did the reads imply that his current relationship had influence on that?

by Anonymousreply 423June 21, 2019 12:04 AM

let me right this again, sorry I was typing too fast:

"I saw him trying to detach himself, from what I understood, being called gay. Then, I immediately saw him have issues as he immediately recognized he had boxed himself into the closet once again. "

by Anonymousreply 424June 21, 2019 12:06 AM

write*

by Anonymousreply 425June 21, 2019 12:06 AM

r422 It really takes tremendous effort to read his interview as him boxing himself into the closet.

by Anonymousreply 426June 21, 2019 12:06 AM

Lucas Hedges came out by saying heā€™s queer and somewhere on the spectrum...not totally straight, but not gay. Currently had a girlfriend. Timothee Chalamet has said he doesnā€™t like categories and doesnā€™t believe in sexuality. Harry Styles denied being bisexual in the past and hasnā€™t confirmed a sexuality, but says he messes around with men. I agree with Brandon in the fact that this new generation of stars atleast feel better comfortable to speak their truth, compared to (and sadly) the previous one where even slightly being into the same sex would kill your career.

by Anonymousreply 427June 21, 2019 12:06 AM

How is it transparency when the interviewer keeps referring to him as gay in the questions, Brandon doesn't challenge that label but then talks and talks and talks in a much less clear way. Transparent as mud.

He needn't have done the interview. But he did do it...

by Anonymousreply 428June 21, 2019 12:07 AM

It is currently en vogue to use gay in a blanket way. We may not like it but the millenials and younger use it that way.

by Anonymousreply 429June 21, 2019 12:08 AM

Interesting, Oracle. I donā€™t quite see this as him closeting himself, since I expect heā€™ll probably only date men in the future. Plus those Sam Smith pics cannot be unseen. I kind of do wonder how this interview would have gone if he were dating another out bi/gay man.

by Anonymousreply 430June 21, 2019 12:09 AM

R422 Itā€™s been pointed out multiple times on this thread that people do not exclusively use ā€œgayā€ to describe themselves if they are gay. Iā€™m sure youā€™ve read the posts so I wonā€™t bother reiterating what others have said, but honestly, if you are angry with Brandon over saying ā€œgayā€ rather than ā€œnot straightā€ and then not saying heā€™s solely into men in this interview, then no offence, but that seems more like your issue rather than anything he has done wrong.

R418 R421 Agreed.

R428 He doesn't owe anyone an exact label. ESPECIALLY if he doesn't even have one for himself, which is what it sounds like to me.

by Anonymousreply 431June 21, 2019 12:09 AM

R428 Maybe he didnā€™t feel comfortable correcting the interviewer. He already seemed overwhelmed as is. And as others have said, maybe he interprets the term gay as being an umbrella one. He SHOULD have done the interview and Iā€™m glad he did - he really is a good role model for a lot of people, especially those who donā€™t want to sacrifice their identity for the benefits of their career.

by Anonymousreply 432June 21, 2019 12:10 AM

R427 most humans if they were truly honest, would admit that they have same and opposite sex attractions. I believe this is human nature. Society plays a large part in forcing people to choose a strict option. For sure some are strictly one thing but most are not that 100% strictly defined.

by Anonymousreply 433June 21, 2019 12:11 AM

[quote]It really takes tremendous effort to read his interview as him boxing himself into the closet.

R426, lol I was answering a question from another poster that asked me about a prior reading I had done on R/B. Reading as in a "psychic reading."

by Anonymousreply 434June 21, 2019 12:13 AM

The fact that the showrunner was shocked that he was queer speaks volumes. Brandon is so so so believable with Alisha Boe on the show, and he sucks dick in his personal time. Hopefully other casting directors take note and realize that the only thing that matters is talent.

by Anonymousreply 435June 21, 2019 12:13 AM

R422, it sort of reads like he wants to have his cake and eat it. "Yay PRIDE!" On the one hand, but then "let's not get too specific" on the other.

Nico Tortorella was similar in regards to tbe label "bisexual". Nico may not be popular here but I have a lot of respect that he acknowledged that people have died for those terms ("gay", "bi", "trans") and that he was running from the term when he needn't really.

It perfectly alright for people to figure things out, but it might be an idea to leave off doing interviews about what you're still in flux over.

by Anonymousreply 436June 21, 2019 12:14 AM

Brandon has used bi, gay, and now apparently uncomfortable with labels to describe his sexuality. He is also proud that gay kids can see him as a role model. There is no interpretation of this interview that means he is going back into the closet.

by Anonymousreply 437June 21, 2019 12:15 AM

R437 Fully agree.

by Anonymousreply 438June 21, 2019 12:16 AM

People in the 13RW fandom knew he was apart of the community way before he posted that IG post.....he really was obvious if you followed him on social media as someone said earlier. His friends didnā€™t hide it either.

by Anonymousreply 439June 21, 2019 12:17 AM

R436 it is extraordinary that a man who has publicly dated a man and stated unequivocally that he is attracted to men is being accused of trying to keep it nonspecific.

by Anonymousreply 440June 21, 2019 12:17 AM

"It perfectly alright for people to figure things out, but it might be an idea to leave off doing interviews about what you're still in flux over."

And maybe that is exactly what young people and teenagers need to hear when they experience that what they are feeling can't be put in a box and that is okay and they're not the only one figuring things out.

by Anonymousreply 441June 21, 2019 12:19 AM

R431, why are you refuting a point I didn't make? I took issue with the "transparency" description. I don't care if he's gay, bi or none of the above.

by Anonymousreply 442June 21, 2019 12:19 AM

Also R436, can't you see value in young people seeing someone who also is still unsure about what label to use and that doesn't invalidate their experience?

As an aside, I guess now it's Brandon's turn in the barrel. Can't wait for the Richard is a coward anon to return

by Anonymousreply 443June 21, 2019 12:20 AM

In the past year, heā€™s mainly only hung out exclusively with gay men (+ Alisha) and ventured to gay bars (literally during thanksgiving weekend last year). I think actions speak louder than words here but thatā€™s my opinion because he said he is still figuring it out which is OKAY.

by Anonymousreply 444June 21, 2019 12:21 AM

hmm maybe no the best pull quote, wonder if there will be any reaction from Twitter gays who aren't in this forum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445June 21, 2019 12:21 AM

I think he's gay but he doesn't want to be labelled as the gay actor, but the media labelled him with that post that he did but it wasn't his intention, he wants to be treated as a straight actor, he doesn't want people to make a big deal about the fact that he likes and dates men, he just wants to act and play whatever he wants.

by Anonymousreply 446June 21, 2019 12:22 AM

R445 I hope people are willing to click the article and give it a read.

(Also he def reads comments LOL)

by Anonymousreply 447June 21, 2019 12:22 AM

R427 Timothee never said anything about his sexuality...

by Anonymousreply 448June 21, 2019 12:23 AM

[quote]Why does it matter if heā€™s gay or bi?

Why would it matter if I start calling you Russian if you are not? Or if I start saying you are into fisting even though you are not?

I know some here are not gay men and may not understand the implications of making others think you are gay when you are not, but some answers here are bordering in homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 449June 21, 2019 12:24 AM

R448 he said this at a press conference last January in Europe. It wasnā€™t a major deal but fandom caught on to it. He also says constantly that he hates the ā€œstringentā€ categorization that Western worldā€™s place on sexuality. Timothee is just another young actor who doesnā€™t want to confirm anything explicitly, but itā€™s onvious theyā€™re in the community.

by Anonymousreply 450June 21, 2019 12:25 AM

R450 It's not obvious and this is not the place to argue about this but timothee is not queer and hasn't implied he is. If you ship him with his married co-star you're a lost cause...

by Anonymousreply 451June 21, 2019 12:27 AM

R440, did you read the interview? He's all over the place. Even in this thread posters aren't sure if he' saying he's bi or gay. He doesn't have to say. But he IS speaking on gis sexuality in the inteview so of course people are going to comment.

The poor guy is so scattered that he gives "trans person and straight person" as an example of a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 452June 21, 2019 12:27 AM

R449 He has always said that he initially came out as bisexual though? He didnā€™t use present tense in talking about his experiences with women. He said heā€™s messed around with everyone (probably trans included). I totally understand where youā€™re coming from, but I donā€™t think he intentionally lead anyone on. He calls himself gay/figuring it out, which i feel is sincere.

by Anonymousreply 453June 21, 2019 12:28 AM

R441, are you a young person/teenager?

by Anonymousreply 454June 21, 2019 12:28 AM

He could have a preference for men but have had previously dated and had sex with women and enjoyed it.

A lot of gay men have been in relationships with women and felt they were real relationships and have enjoyed sex with women but Identify as gay. Brandon is 25. Maybe he's still figuring out what exactly his sexuality is. Not everything is black and white.

I don't understand why some here are so fixated with labeling him and Richard. Just because they present themselves publicly in one way doesn't mean you know shit about how they feel and view themselves. Because B has mostly openly dated men he's "gay" and Richard "bi" because his relationship has been mostly women. You don't know that.

by Anonymousreply 455June 21, 2019 12:29 AM

R451 I donā€™t even know what youā€™re talking about. He isnā€™t dating a married man. I was just going off what was said by him in the past, thatā€™s it. But yes I agree to just leave it since this isnā€™t his space.

by Anonymousreply 456June 21, 2019 12:29 AM

R452 I did and I think we're having a communication issue. To me nonspecific would be refusing to identify your sexuality at all. Brandon isn't saying he's not queer, he just didn't land on a label.

by Anonymousreply 457June 21, 2019 12:30 AM

R456 he's straight and boring let's leave him out of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 458June 21, 2019 12:30 AM

R455 standing ovaaaaaation

by Anonymousreply 459June 21, 2019 12:30 AM

R443, are you one such young person or are speaking for someone else? Have they asked you to speak for them?

And it's cute that you lumped me in with someone who says "Richard is a coward", though I've said no such thing. Putting words in my mouth makes it much easier to disregard the substance of my comments. Oh... but you said it was an aside... that's like a "get out of jail free card" isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 460June 21, 2019 12:34 AM

Ummm...most gay men say they are bi at first...fraustans

by Anonymousreply 461June 21, 2019 12:35 AM

R446 I agree with this. I think he just wants to have his job be separate from his personal life, but he ISNT hiding it. He can be spotted kissing a male superstar one day and into auditions the next for another straight role. I think he just wants to act, but he loves dick and is okay with people knowing that.

by Anonymousreply 462June 21, 2019 12:35 AM

[quote] Did the reads imply that his current relationship had influence on that?

R423, I am not sure if you remember that reading I posted on them sometimes ago, but I said Brandon would have issues with the closet. What I meant is that he was also included in the closet. This is a closeted relationship in nature, but I remember picking up some vibes of him getting himself into the closet and I remember being confused because he kept stating he was openly gay. At that time I was questioning if we were going to see him beard or something lol...now I am starting to understand some of what I was picking up.

It's very strange because, I did pick up that he was gay and despite this interview I don't feel different about him. Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 463June 21, 2019 12:35 AM

R461 speculation also comes from what he ends the interview with

by Anonymousreply 464June 21, 2019 12:37 AM

I suspect young people will relate to this interview and older people wonā€™t. Older generations thrived on labels. Young people seem to celebrate not having labels more. Young people also are still discovering themselves so Brandonā€™s POV is validating. Heā€™s really a cool dude.

by Anonymousreply 465June 21, 2019 12:37 AM

R446, and yet he acknowledges those that came before, who followed or inspired the words of Harvey Milk. He acknowledges what his visibility means to some young gay boys. It's like the old Paul Mooney quote ("Everybody wanna be black but nobody wanna be black").

by Anonymousreply 466June 21, 2019 12:39 AM

He liked the allure of Dean and clift being closeted. Obviously referring to r.

Labels should not matter but you are getting paid big bucks for the limelight. Is that all he cares about? A big payday?

by Anonymousreply 467June 21, 2019 12:39 AM

The veiled insults about people being young are so ironic considering Brandon is young himself. Like why are you even here talking about him if you think so little of young people and their opinions? I say this as a 30 year old.

by Anonymousreply 468June 21, 2019 12:40 AM

R463 I do remember that read, and at that time I was afraid that he would feel pressured in closeting himself indirectly as a result of dating Richard (I donā€™t think in any way shape or form, Madden would pressure him into this). I agree with you that I still believe heā€™s gay (and truthfully think his closest friends and family know he is), but he just seems overall overwhelmed when discussing anything making it sometimes hard to completely follow. He sounds like a really amazing person though.

by Anonymousreply 469June 21, 2019 12:40 AM

R467 Wtf article are you reading?

by Anonymousreply 470June 21, 2019 12:41 AM

R468 thank you for saying this...Iā€™m a couple of years younger than Brandon and found his words truly inspiring. It gets annoying seeing people dismiss what he said so easily.

by Anonymousreply 471June 21, 2019 12:41 AM

R449, I keep having to remind myself that this is a stan thread, that lots of the worker bees act only to "protect the queen". It's the fantasy that's important. They couldn't give a fuck about the surrounding issues.

by Anonymousreply 472June 21, 2019 12:42 AM

R467 If he cares about a big payday, he would go for leading roles and not call them boring. He would have never openly dated men. Itā€™s clear as day that he could care less about the payday.

by Anonymousreply 473June 21, 2019 12:42 AM

R467, yes, when he mentioned his heros are James dean and Montgomery clift who has been speculated because of their sexuality and were not able to do anything about It, I also thought about Richard as well .

by Anonymousreply 474June 21, 2019 12:44 AM

R473 that poster R467 didnā€™t read the article at all. Just grabbed a few bits and ran with it.

by Anonymousreply 475June 21, 2019 12:44 AM

R455 Iā€™m reminded of Antoni Porowskiā€™s situation where he dated men and women in his youth, recently heā€™s exclusively dated men, once said he was ā€œliving as a gay man nowā€, but most recently walked it back to say heā€™s sexually fluid because heā€™s not comfortable with the gay label as he doesnā€™t want to diminish his previous m/f relationships. Of course, plenty of gay men identify as gay even though theyā€™ve had past m/f relationships, that doesnā€™t erase gayness. But I do concede sexuality and coming to terms with it is a complex thing and r414 is right in that Brandon is young and figuring himself out, both in his personal life and in the industry. In 10 or 20 years he may openly embrace a label, who knows,

And having said all that I realize speculating on a strangerā€™s sexuality when he wants to keep it deliberately undefined is futile. Heā€™s getting hot Scottish cock on the regular, which is the entire reason I even wandered into these threads in the first place. Letā€™s not lose sight of that.

by Anonymousreply 476June 21, 2019 12:46 AM

Can we just get back to the fact that heā€™s clearly fucking Richard Madden ... and loving every second of it?

by Anonymousreply 477June 21, 2019 12:46 AM

R476 LOOOOOOL, this ā€œHeā€™s getting hot Scottish cock on the regularā€ needs to be the title of the next thread.

R477 YES. I got clear vibes that heā€™s currently taken from the ending of the interview.

by Anonymousreply 478June 21, 2019 12:48 AM

R457, so are we at a stage where queer isn't even good enough to use?

The only time where no label will ever be fine is when straight isn't the default.

Brandon can take as long as he wants. He need never arrive at a label. But if he never does, should he benefit from the association?

by Anonymousreply 479June 21, 2019 12:50 AM

With all due respect to everyones opinion, how does this interview put him back in the closet or anywhere near it? He just simply stated that he doesnt like labels and that sexuality shouldn be a big deal. And despite what he says some of you still wanna say you "believe" he is gay? When HE himself just now said he doesnt like labels? Despite what he has said in the past we should respect what he said. Why do some people still want big coming outs and if you dont state your sexuality clearly you are still in the closet? Thats not how I see it at all. Not making a big deal out of it and living your life the way both B and R are doing is just as valid. They are honest with the people who matter to them and to themselves so who gives a shit abt telling strangers who they fuck??

by Anonymousreply 480June 21, 2019 12:51 AM

Is that why they are keeping it private because he believes the tabloids and gossip are rooting them to fail or is that what he thinks will happen? I canā€™t believe that is already in the back of his mind..

by Anonymousreply 481June 21, 2019 12:51 AM

R462, so sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 482June 21, 2019 12:51 AM

R478 I need an article to come out that is titled ā€œoh! Brandon is dating Richard and we are so happy for themā€. Basically, thatā€™s what Brandon want to see as well.

by Anonymousreply 483June 21, 2019 12:52 AM

R455 Agree. Iā€™m stunned at how much this interview is being dissected.

by Anonymousreply 484June 21, 2019 12:52 AM

R481 he knows that tabloids love scandal and when they report on them itā€™s not in a positive way but more sinister. Why would they want that type of attention?

by Anonymousreply 485June 21, 2019 12:54 AM

Yes another cab 10 minutes behind to the hotel certainly is out...

They are both worried about earnings

by Anonymousreply 486June 21, 2019 12:54 AM

r486 They don't want to be tabloid sensations.

by Anonymousreply 487June 21, 2019 12:55 AM

They didn't become actors to hope to be poor

by Anonymousreply 488June 21, 2019 12:56 AM

R465, I'm young. Please don't speak for me.

I don't care if someone rejects labels. I like them to be clear about the rejection, though.

There is power in Identity. You can't "sort of" stand for something.

And I hope Brandon is reading this particular thread (and no others...)

by Anonymousreply 489June 21, 2019 12:56 AM

R481 The US media has been very positive and enthusiastic about it (Vulture and Just Jared atleast). But I think he would feel this way with any relationships. Maybe he was thinking about what just happened with Bradley Cooper and Irina - people were wanting them to breakup so he could be with Gaga. The media actively participated in trying to stir up the pot between Bradley and Irinia (who split obviously due for other reasons), and he probably is wary that people want that for him and Richard. I mean fuck he was attacked by fans in JANUARY for just hanging out with Richard (before we knew they were dating or living together), so I canā€™t fault him for being pretty paranoid about the media if they start running with this story.

by Anonymousreply 490June 21, 2019 12:57 AM

R471, what do his words inspire you towards?

by Anonymousreply 491June 21, 2019 12:58 AM

R486 There are pictures of Brandon with his tongue down Sam Smithā€™s mouth. These will exist forever. Itā€™s clear that he isnā€™t trying to hide who he is.

by Anonymousreply 492June 21, 2019 12:58 AM

R491 Inspires me to achieve excellence and other goals without feeling like I need or have to rely on aspects of my personal life/race/sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 493June 21, 2019 1:00 AM

Is this his own opinions from his previous interviews are was he influence by a certain someone? I am aware that Brandon is his own man but he can be a bit passive and easily influence/led especially in his relationships... if he was still dating Sam do you think he would answer the same way?

by Anonymousreply 494June 21, 2019 1:00 AM

R494 Iā€™ve followed his content and this is consistent with what heā€™s said the past two years.

by Anonymousreply 495June 21, 2019 1:01 AM

R494 this is him.

by Anonymousreply 496June 21, 2019 1:02 AM

^^^ and also Sam has not defined himself and is gender fluid, so I doubt brandonā€™s opinions would change at all

by Anonymousreply 497June 21, 2019 1:02 AM

R476, we don't actually know that. B may be Trade Only

by Anonymousreply 498June 21, 2019 1:02 AM

R484 And to think, earlier on we were just divided on judging or cheering on Italian Spifer-Man fangirl in her attempts to forensically document Richard and Brandonā€™s day (and freaking FINALLY give us photos of B in London) while she waited for the Marvel gang... simpler times!

by Anonymousreply 499June 21, 2019 1:02 AM

I truly hope he posts this interview on his Instagram. Would be interesting to read the comments (which Iā€™m sure will be mostly positive as 13RW fandom has been known his thoughts on this).

by Anonymousreply 500June 21, 2019 1:04 AM

This thread was started 7 hours and will be done soon. Amazing haha

by Anonymousreply 501June 21, 2019 1:04 AM

R488, eh... that's what every actor expects (poverty).

by Anonymousreply 502June 21, 2019 1:07 AM

R493, Yea, thatā€™s more of Samā€™s idea , he mentioned in an interview that it is rare too see a famous gay couple being pap/seen in public in a loving relationship he wanted to show to young generations and the public that there are people like them that do exist.

by Anonymousreply 503June 21, 2019 1:07 AM

Itā€™s hilarious reading this interview against one of Richardā€™s....they seem like complete opposites in terms of expression LOL, but I have a feeling theyā€™re very similar behind the scenes

by Anonymousreply 504June 21, 2019 1:08 AM

R499 most are united in supporting his position in this interview. I think a few overreacted on initial reading and now seem to have calmed down. My highlights of this thread are pics of Brandon bringing his friends to meet Richard and the post about the best sex position that allows Richard to lick Brandonā€™s inner arm tattoo.

by Anonymousreply 505June 21, 2019 1:09 AM

R493, for real? A young white man inspires you in terms of race?

by Anonymousreply 506June 21, 2019 1:10 AM

R505 a-fuckin-men!

by Anonymousreply 507June 21, 2019 1:10 AM

R504 this interview showed me how similar they likely are in there views. But yeah, Brandon is super chatty.

by Anonymousreply 508June 21, 2019 1:11 AM

The people here who constantly think theyā€™ve broken up based on the stupidest reasons should take note of him saying it seems like people are waiting for his relationships to fail, tbh

by Anonymousreply 509June 21, 2019 1:11 AM

R494, he made the same... point (let's call it a point) in a radio interview where he confirmed that he and Sam were dating. Sam's... no dab hand at expressing himself well in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 510June 21, 2019 1:13 AM

ā€œ Thereā€™s always something behind it and thereā€™s always some sort of scandal that wants to be revealed, and thatā€™s frustrating.ā€

Heā€™s def been reading the speculative articles - Iā€™m talking not just NYT, but every interview Richard has done where they mention the rumors around Bflynn and saying ā€œit comes as a shock as Madden has only been linked to female exes - Jenna Coleman, Suki Waterhouse, and Ellie Bamber in the pastā€. I could see him reading this and sensing the foreboding nature...like it makes sense that the editor would bring his past dating experiences up, but if Iā€™m Brandon, I would lowkey think ā€œhmmmm are they trying to insinuate that heā€™s going through a phase or that our relationship isnā€™t legit?ā€. And Iā€™m sure Richard provides him with reassurance that heā€™s truly into him, but some of these articles just give off a weird vibe whenever they mention Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 511June 21, 2019 1:14 AM

ā€œBut no one wants to write that article or read that article that would be like, ā€œOh! Brandon is with this person and we are so happy for them!ā€

Vulture lead with this excitement when they talked about Richardā€™s statement to NYT, but again I can see why Brandon is wary. I hope theyā€™re able to protect their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 512June 21, 2019 1:17 AM

R504,I agree they do seem like complete opposites in interviews, Brandon is still young, still very bright eyed about the future, very much an open book and and by judging by his rambelings is still unsure about himself while Richard is very ambitious and career driven and so far more gaurded and reserve....

by Anonymousreply 513June 21, 2019 1:17 AM

R504, Richard wouldn't even be drawn on the issue of Scottish Independence. He's the definition of "don't rock the boat", which is why the Brandon thing suprises.

I wonder what Richard thinks of Brandon tearing up at having inspired young gay boys? Not a position he ever wants to share?

by Anonymousreply 514June 21, 2019 1:18 AM

Dear God I donā€™t think Brandon himself is thinking about and wringing his hands over this interview as much as some people on here ... why? Because heā€™s currently too busy riding Richardā€™s cock. Letā€™s focus here people.

by Anonymousreply 515June 21, 2019 1:18 AM

[quote] and yet he acknowledges those that came before, who followed or inspired the words of Harvey Milk. He acknowledges what his visibility means to some young gay boys. It's like the old Paul Mooney quote ("Everybody wanna be black but nobody wanna be black").

Exactly. He is able to enjoyed the fruits of the blood and tears of those that stood up and defined who they were, gay rights are not a product of people who were undecided or undefined. Gay people are responsible for gay rights. If he were Bisexual, he should take pride on being Bisexual and not erroneously mislead others by saying he is gay. If he is not gay, as at times it comes across in that interview, he should come out and say it.

by Anonymousreply 516June 21, 2019 1:20 AM

R513 Richard was probably like ā€œbabe, I wouldā€™ve answered these questions with two sentences maxā€.

R514 Richard doesnā€™t want to say anything about his personal life at all besides that he was chubby when younger and that heā€™s from Scotland. I donā€™t think Brandon cares if heā€™s an activist or not (atleast not now, could change later on). He just needs good company, sex, and communication from Richard and thatā€™s it.

by Anonymousreply 517June 21, 2019 1:20 AM

R516 But thatā€™s missing the entire point of the interview...why should he come out and say it? This interview alone was enough. Heā€™s saying more than others (and for those who arenā€™t, thatā€™s fine too) and itā€™s his truth. He doesnā€™t refer to himself as being bisexual in the present tense which I think a lot of people are missing. He agrees to being gay (whether itā€™s an umbrella term or not) and that heā€™s also figuring it out, thatā€™s it.

by Anonymousreply 518June 21, 2019 1:22 AM

Can everyone just shut the hell up

by Anonymousreply 519June 21, 2019 1:23 AM

r516 Lots of younger people use gay as an umbrella term. I don't think he's trying to seem gay on purpose if he's not. Frankly, we just don't know.

by Anonymousreply 520June 21, 2019 1:23 AM

Didn't Richard share that he lost his virginity at 18? Yeah, he's super private.

by Anonymousreply 521June 21, 2019 1:23 AM

R515 I mean.....accurate.

R519 hey, I rather this than the dumbass trolls from the past few days who spam the threads with nonsensical language.

by Anonymousreply 522June 21, 2019 1:24 AM

R514, Richard will probably think that he over shared too much and he still has very much to learn about the politics of showbiz.

by Anonymousreply 523June 21, 2019 1:24 AM

R521 Compared to his boyfriend? Yes, he is.

by Anonymousreply 524June 21, 2019 1:24 AM

I think the true test will be whether he gets good gigs life after 13RW: heā€™s smart for name dropping Ryan Murphy.....if he gets into that family, heā€™s GOLD. Most of Murphyā€™s actors go on to sweep Emmys and The Globes lol

by Anonymousreply 525June 21, 2019 1:25 AM

R521,umm everything points to Richard being a very private person if you canā€™t see that thn u must not be aware ...

by Anonymousreply 526June 21, 2019 1:26 AM

R518, you seriously think that point to which you responded was just about that piddling interview. YOU miss the point.

Keep on, oracle.

I'm just waiting for noone to show up.

by Anonymousreply 527June 21, 2019 1:27 AM

R523 Likely Richard is very proud if him. Brandon was interviewed because itā€™s pride and he has an opinion and he represented. This is an inspiring interview. Some of you are so ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 528June 21, 2019 1:27 AM

R527 Sorry I was just responding to the last parts of that message. Saying he ā€œshould come outā€ as whatever to please a bunch of people on the Internet makes no sense to me - thatā€™s what I was addressing.

by Anonymousreply 529June 21, 2019 1:29 AM

[Quote] we just don't know.

On that the industry thrives.

by Anonymousreply 530June 21, 2019 1:29 AM

[quote]But thatā€™s missing the entire point of the interview...why should he come out and say it?

Because he took the initiative. It's his own words.

by Anonymousreply 531June 21, 2019 1:31 AM

R521 Do you really want to take one tiny nugget of information (probably eked out of R like squeezing blood from a turnip) and use that to try to imply that Richard blabs openly and in great detail about his private life all the time?

Hell, we donā€™t even know if that ā€œfirst timeā€ was with a male or female.

by Anonymousreply 532June 21, 2019 1:31 AM

R516 Heā€™s not MISLEADING anyone. He has made it very clear heā€™s not straight, which is what that interview was all about. If you feel mislead for thinking he was gay when he may be bi (and has actually referred to himself as bi in the past, so thatā€™s not out of nowhere if itā€™s true) thatā€™s your issue, not his fault. People use gay as an umbrella term now, as has been pointed out to you many times already. He IS standing up and talking about being not straight and standing for that- and youā€™re dragging him for doing it the way heā€™s doing it, even though thatā€™s his truth.

God, if he ever stumbled onto this thread I wouldnā€™t blame him for promptly deciding to adopt Richardā€™s ā€œsay as little as possible and always stick to the same talking pointsā€ method.

by Anonymousreply 533June 21, 2019 1:31 AM

R524, but he'll share what's sellable.

by Anonymousreply 534June 21, 2019 1:31 AM

r525 Itā€™s kind of why I wanted him to be in AHS. Even if itā€™s a shitshow now, at least itā€™s a foot in the door. We know RM takes a shine to cute gay (or whatever...) actors and wants them to succeed..

by Anonymousreply 535June 21, 2019 1:32 AM

At this rate someone else is gonna have to make the new thread because imma be šŸ’¤šŸ’¤šŸ’¤

by Anonymousreply 536June 21, 2019 1:33 AM

Ryan Murphy Land is a gay ghetto. Have any gay actors won an Emmy from his projects? Denis O'Hare, even?

by Anonymousreply 537June 21, 2019 1:34 AM

[quote]Heā€™s not MISLEADING anyone. He has made it very clear heā€™s not straight,

That doesn't mean he should call himself gay if he is not. Gay does not equal Bisexuality. What part of that statement do you not understand???

by Anonymousreply 538June 21, 2019 1:34 AM

R537 Sarah Paulson swept awards season and sheā€™s lesbian

by Anonymousreply 539June 21, 2019 1:35 AM

R518 He actually does mention bisexuality a few times in the interview. In fact the interviewer never brings up him being bisexual it is always Brandon who brings up bisexuality or liking women. This part especially stood out to me:

This is the interviewer's question:

Have you ever actually come out to the public?

This was Brandon's response:

No. Iā€™ve never used my platform to say, ā€œHey, I like men. I like women.ā€

by Anonymousreply 540June 21, 2019 1:35 AM

Well Richard doesnā€™t like to ā€œrock the boatā€ he even complained openly on Caraā€™s behavior and answers during her interviews while some of those young generations interpreted it as being fun and creative way of communicating..thatā€™s why Iā€™m wary on what Richard thinks about Brandon interviews..Richard is the type of person who is satisfied with same question and answers, same food and wear the same clothes...

by Anonymousreply 541June 21, 2019 1:36 AM

I keep reading this interview to see why some of you are offended and I just find myself liking him more for his openness and realness. I also see why Richard seems so taken with him. Heā€™s vulnerable and thoughtful. I love.

by Anonymousreply 542June 21, 2019 1:37 AM

R541 I think itā€™s obvious with how much time he continues to spend with him that heā€™s completely obsessed with him and how he is.

by Anonymousreply 543June 21, 2019 1:37 AM

Actually using the term gay to mean something ā€œnot gayā€ is the definition of misleading. I know millennials like to do it but it doesnā€™t make it any less misleading. Do gay men need to start referring to themselves as homosexuals again?

by Anonymousreply 544June 21, 2019 1:39 AM

R529, bit if you understood his point, you would understand that he's not talking about something so small (a small bunch of people). He's talking the march of history.

Brandon is out. But his recent words have clouded the issue.

by Anonymousreply 545June 21, 2019 1:39 AM

R541 Richard will find himself. He censors and constrains himself too much. It isnā€™t the best way to be but heā€™s protecting himself and what he has achieved. Brandon seems more open and free. Itā€™s likely what attracts Richard.

by Anonymousreply 546June 21, 2019 1:40 AM

R532,

Indeed we don't.

"I lost my virginity at 18" would not receive the same reception as "I lost my virginity at 18 to a man".

Richard is private about some things. "I am sleeping with someone" was fine for Miss Ellie but...

by Anonymousreply 547June 21, 2019 1:43 AM

I believe Richard is paranoid and donā€™t want to come out because it stems from being traumatized as a young fat kid that played a gay boy who was raped in a show and when his classmates found about his role he was bullied immensely.

by Anonymousreply 548June 21, 2019 1:43 AM

R538 You refuse to accept that people often use ā€œgayā€ as an umbrella term, I get it. But they do. Itā€™s not a crime to do that, the way you are acting like it is.

Itā€™s also worth remembering that Brandon is only 25 years old, and still seems to be figuring himself out. Maybe when he referred to himself as gay, he was in a place where he thought that was the right label for him, and on further reflection later on thought, maybe it wasnā€™t after all. We just donā€™t know. Youā€™re judging him really harshly over this, when he just seems to be someone who is a young person, and a really good, kind one at that, really trying to do his best. He isnā€™t going to get it right all the time, but god, heā€™s sure trying, when he could probably make it easier on himself- and his career- by keeping his mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 549June 21, 2019 1:44 AM

R533, c'mon, Brandon's complicit, even if he uses "gay" as an umbrella term. Some people aren't scratching their heads for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 550June 21, 2019 1:45 AM

R544 the future belongs to the youth but you do what you want. This guy literally sucking face in public with his bf in plain view and proudly dated men and somehow you think heā€™s out misleading people. Ok.

by Anonymousreply 551June 21, 2019 1:45 AM

[quote]Actually using the term gay to mean something ā€œnot gayā€ is the definition of misleading. I know millennials like to do it but it doesnā€™t make it any less misleading. Do gay men need to start referring to themselves as homosexuals again?

R544, thank you.

It should be obvious to anyone with a working brain cell that it is indeed misleading to label yourself gay when you are not. Instead, we have a bunch of straight women trying to oppress, in this very forum, gay men for expressing confusion over this interview. I knew this would happen and that's why I said in a previous post that these women do not understand the depth of emotions that come with coming out.

And truth to form, here they are trying to stop gay men from having a conversation about misleading labeling.

by Anonymousreply 552June 21, 2019 1:47 AM

R539, cool beans. Any men of the lavender persuasion?

by Anonymousreply 553June 21, 2019 1:48 AM

R551 I didnā€™t say he was being misleading. I just think the practice of using the word ā€œgayā€ when youā€™re not is. Itā€™s a label that people fought for that isnā€™t yours. But whatever, people will do what they want. Iā€™m more lenient on Brandon than most. Above I conceded that heā€™s obviously figuring himself out and thatā€™s his right.

by Anonymousreply 554June 21, 2019 1:50 AM

R553 Hmmmm not that I can think of. Billy Porter would probably the first from his crew if he starts winning.

R541 Cara wasnā€™t being eloquent or insightful like Brandon is interviews. She was just not having it with the interviewers and didnā€™t want to keep it professional when they were being annoying to her. Huge difference.

by Anonymousreply 555June 21, 2019 1:50 AM

R541, the same bed partners... Oh, wait.

He also backtracked on those Cara comments. Some say he even lied about being misquoted. Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 556June 21, 2019 1:50 AM

R547 Well, Richard was needled into that answer by a reporter, and he used ā€œIā€™m sleeping with someoneā€ as an answer because he was asked point blank was he sleeping with someone. He was throwing the words back at the reporter.

And, yeah, itā€™s fine because he was talking about Ellie. A woman. Extremely different than if it had been a man. There are absolutely no consequences for an actor like Richard to say ā€œyeah, Iā€™m sleeping with herā€, where there are a world of consequences for ā€œyeah, Iā€™m sleeping with himā€. Of course he has to be more careful, itā€™s just the world we live in.

by Anonymousreply 557June 21, 2019 1:51 AM

People mad at Brandon for using gay possibly as an umbrella term have to be mad at millennials in general. Thereā€™s a generational difference obviously. Kids who are bisexual or pansexual call themselves gay often.

by Anonymousreply 558June 21, 2019 1:52 AM

Maybe Iā€™m naive but I thought people fought for the right to be gay and for the rights of everyone else who identifies as the other letters too.

by Anonymousreply 559June 21, 2019 1:54 AM

R535 I wish he was in it this season. Hopefully after his 13RW contract is done, he can move on to the next thing with Ryan Murphy. He has that movie ā€œLooks That Killā€ slated to come out, but no release date yet.

by Anonymousreply 560June 21, 2019 1:54 AM

Does the future really belong to the youth? Tell that to the bunch of old white men making decisions that will impact generations.

by Anonymousreply 561June 21, 2019 1:55 AM

[quote]Maybe Iā€™m naive but I thought people fought for the right to be gay and for the rights of everyone else who identifies as the other letters too.

You are naive then.

Gay people fought in order to enjoy human rights, because they did not have them.

by Anonymousreply 562June 21, 2019 1:57 AM

Iā€™m not surprise Richard doesnā€™t want to be labeled as a gay actor...Let me ask this for the past 2 years besides being in an assembled cast of 13RW and 3 eps of True detectives has he been offered any roles in movies or TV shows? Iā€™ve checked his IMDB and there is nothing going on for him, not only is he labeled a gay actor heā€™s also famously know as ā€œSam Smithā€™s ex ā€œand part of that is because of them being so open together ...Brandon is brave,naive and wear his heart on his sleeves but he had a lot of career mishaps with the decisions he made..

by Anonymousreply 563June 21, 2019 1:58 AM

R554 but here is the thing, actions should speak louder than words and labels. Brandon is out in Hollywood being his true self from the start, never bearding, never closeting himself, proudly being in a very public affectionate relationship with a man, advocating for peopleā€™s rights to love who they want yet you are hang up on his need to label himself a certain way. Perspective please.

by Anonymousreply 564June 21, 2019 1:59 AM

*Brandon

by Anonymousreply 565June 21, 2019 1:59 AM

R562 oracle, you are now being plain argumentative for no reason. It isnā€™t even helpful

by Anonymousreply 566June 21, 2019 2:00 AM

R552, have you noticed how many people are carping on about the youth but not identifying where they themselves lie? They're speaking for a group to which they don't belong. Speaking over queer voices, speaking over young queer voices in this very thread... they won't take a second to think about what that means.

They just want to squee about Brandon (and Richard).

by Anonymousreply 567June 21, 2019 2:00 AM

R562 thatā€™s what I said moron.

by Anonymousreply 568June 21, 2019 2:01 AM

R562 honestly please take your bullshit ā€œreadingsā€ elsewhere. Your attitude is so gross

by Anonymousreply 569June 21, 2019 2:02 AM

Oracle, donā€™t let these straight girl stans run you out of this thread. Your opinions are valid. As are your readings on whose cock is going into whose hole.

by Anonymousreply 570June 21, 2019 2:03 AM

[quote]oracle, you are now being plain argumentative for no reason. It isnā€™t even helpful

R566, stating a fact is not being argumentative. It's just that. Stating a fact. You made a comment. I corrected you. Simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 571June 21, 2019 2:04 AM

R563 Career mishaps? He literally just graduated college a couple of years ago and got a recurring role on a hit TV show two months later. He was going to continue doing theatre so Iā€™m not sure he wouldā€™ve even been in film or television right now had it not been for Netflix and he seemed fine with that. I said upthread that the real test ofcourse will be Post 13RW because honestly none of his actor costars are doing much either (not counting Dylan on the music side) with the exception of Katherine Langford, the lead Hannah Baker. Brandon is contracted by Netflix and has to work around their schedule so Iā€™m not even sure he can audition for other TV shows or movies at this point (we saw this with Constance Wu recently with her having to pull out of a movie due to the renewal of Fresh Off The Boat).

Just give him time...heā€™s one of the most talented actors by far on the show.

by Anonymousreply 572June 21, 2019 2:05 AM

R570 not straight. Still find him gross. WHAT A CONCEPT!

by Anonymousreply 573June 21, 2019 2:05 AM

R557, needled? He's not a child. He was asked about Kit and he shut the question right down. He refused to be drawn on Brandon. He careful and calculated. He's no fool. Though the longer this charade goes on, he may look very foolish. Time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 574June 21, 2019 2:05 AM

No one has to like the gay as an umbrella term but the fact remains it happens. You can dislike Brandon for it. You can hate him for not picking a label. You can also hate every single millennial and younger who does it. Actions speak louder than words until you don't get the label you desperately want. That's idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 575June 21, 2019 2:07 AM

I think some people are disappointed that Brandon hasnā€™t only had sex with men in the past (even though if you pay attention heā€™s mentioned coming out as bisexual) and are working through that ā€œnewā€ knowledge right now.

by Anonymousreply 576June 21, 2019 2:07 AM

Anyway, according to this article, Richard was in Paris today for this Karl Lagerfeld memorial thing. Maybe thatā€™s why he wasnā€™t seen this morning by the fans and had his bag with him when he returned to the hotel this evening.

by Anonymousreply 577June 21, 2019 2:07 AM

What interview are people talking about?

by Anonymousreply 578June 21, 2019 2:08 AM

R563, would you rather he went the Richard route?

by Anonymousreply 579June 21, 2019 2:09 AM

R564, words can undo the beauty and economy of action. No one posting in this thread thinks Brandon's on the road to ex-Gay or something.

by Anonymousreply 580June 21, 2019 2:10 AM

[quote]Oracle, donā€™t let these straight girl stans run you out of this thread.

Thanks hon ; )

Oh I'll remain here. I still love R & B, I may take issue with a thing here and there, but I still think they are a wonderful couple.

As for the fangurls, blocked and reported. No need to waste energies with them.

by Anonymousreply 581June 21, 2019 2:11 AM

R571 I didnā€™t make that comment so you didnā€™t correct me. Your opinions however have been silly and overbearing tonight. You are just arguing for the sake of it. Brandon has lived an open and proud life and his actions speak for themselves but you keep going on what is the acceptable and allowed.

by Anonymousreply 582June 21, 2019 2:11 AM

R580 what did he say that was wrong? Can you read? Can he live his life? Lol. You spew nonsense. I miss the old trolls who at least donā€™t pretend.

by Anonymousreply 583June 21, 2019 2:13 AM

r577 It's strange there are no pictures of him since upon searching there are pictures of the others.

by Anonymousreply 584June 21, 2019 2:14 AM

My apologies if that was the case R582.

But I was not argumentative, the poster said something that was clearly erroneous, I went ahead and corrected that poster. No posturing. I was just stating a fact.

by Anonymousreply 585June 21, 2019 2:14 AM

R578 new interview for pride via Variety

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586June 21, 2019 2:14 AM

R575, who hates Brandon? Who in the thread even knows him. "I don't like whar you're saying" = Hate. So reductive.

by Anonymousreply 587June 21, 2019 2:15 AM

R584 he probably hid as always lol

by Anonymousreply 588June 21, 2019 2:15 AM

R586, that's the article the current brouhaha amongst posters is about. It was posted upthread and resulted in this flame war.

by Anonymousreply 589June 21, 2019 2:16 AM

Brandon's friend Alisha liked a ig post that was a screenshot from the variety article. Maybe Brandon will link to it tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 590June 21, 2019 2:16 AM

R582, and you overuse the word gross. You also try to stop people from posting what they want to post. How futile.

by Anonymousreply 591June 21, 2019 2:16 AM

Someone might want to make a new thread...

by Anonymousreply 592June 21, 2019 2:17 AM

Brandon ofcourse spent time with other friends today only because his man was gone....that is so ironic and just shows that theyā€™re literally attached at the hip when they can be.

R590 I definitely think heā€™s going to link to it (and Variety probably expects him to).

by Anonymousreply 593June 21, 2019 2:17 AM

R582, acceptable and allowed? Brandon's playing into what's acceptable and allowed by muddying the waters over his earlier, beautiful words.

by Anonymousreply 594June 21, 2019 2:19 AM

What is so controversial about the interview? I just skimmed it.

by Anonymousreply 595June 21, 2019 2:19 AM

New Thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596June 21, 2019 2:20 AM

R596 thank you. God knows I wasnā€™t gonna do it tonight after this crap

by Anonymousreply 597June 21, 2019 2:21 AM

R594 have you followed his career? Because heā€™s said the same exact thing since 2017. Nothing new. Ask anyone in the 13RW fandom.

by Anonymousreply 598June 21, 2019 2:23 AM

r595 ask oracle. Itā€™s apparently not good at all.

by Anonymousreply 599June 21, 2019 2:23 AM

God that Brandon interview is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 600June 21, 2019 2:24 AM

R598 itā€™s news to some people. They just found out

by Anonymousreply 601June 21, 2019 2:24 AM

Brandon will be fine. He knows who he is and isn't afraid to show it. Confidence is what people in this industry are looking for. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer him a bigger role next.

Richard on the other hand is being very secretive in hopes it won't shatter his strong leading white straight male image. He wants the cake and he wants to eat it too. If he didn't care about the big $$ he would've stayed in the UK and not make the move to LA to break in to Hollywood aka the big $$.

It makes me think that he genuinely thought the public and the press would buy the "roommates" story so he wouldn't have to worry about not getting the big mainstream straight roles he wants (Bond etc.) Again with the double standard in Hollywood that straight actors can play the leading roles but non straight ones are only cast as such. And I believe that this is his biggest fear. He just comes off as someone who is afraid of showing the world who he is and would rather cater to the masses. The exact opposite of Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 602June 21, 2019 5:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!