Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's pretend we are an episode of Forensic Files, part ii

Because the other thread is almost full.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 29, 2019 7:59 PM

Link to previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2019 12:30 PM

I'm the few episodes from early seasons that focused on medical mysteries.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2019 9:15 AM

I'm the piece of evidence that .... tells a different story.

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2019 1:26 PM

I'm the rhetorical question just before the commercial break: "But what it be enough to crack the case?"

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2019 2:39 PM

I'm Cold Case Files, a glossy copycat for the upmarket audience of A & E.

by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2019 11:17 AM

I'm the burly cop with thinly disguised disdain for the rich pretty boy who thought he could get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2019 11:29 AM

I love Cold Case Files.

The episode on Theresa Knorr fucked me up though. I wasn't expecting something so incredibly dark.

I had to take a long walk after I watched it and remind myself that good still exists in the world.

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2019 11:29 AM

^^MARY!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2019 11:44 AM

Have you seen the episode or know anything of the case, r8?

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2019 12:02 PM

r8:

[quote]In 1982, Theresa became convinced that Suesan [her teenage daughter] was casting spells on her to cause her to gain weight. As a result, she would handcuff Suesan to her bed, beat her, and refuse to give her food for days at a time. Suesan had denied doing anything to make her mother "gain weight", but Theresa had became angrier and shot Suesan in the chest with a 22-caliber pistol. The bullet became lodged in her back, but Theresa refused to allow Suesan to seek medical attention and left her for dead in the family bathtub. Suesan survived. Theresa began to nurse her back to health and allowed her other daughters to aid her as well. Suesan eventually recovered without receiving professional medical treatment. Theresa then forced Suesan to briefly work as a prostitute during late 1983-early 1984.

[quote]In July 1984, Theresa and Suesan got into another argument during which Theresa stabbed her daughter in the back with a pair of scissors. Theresa again refused to allow Suesan medical treatment. A few weeks after the stabbing, Suesan, fed up with the constant abuse and starvation, decided to move out of the house permanently. Theresa agreed to let her go under the condition that Suesan allow her to remove the bullet from her back so it could not be used as evidence in the event that Suesan reported the abuse. Suesan reluctantly agreed. Theresa gave Suesan Mellaril capsules and liquor as an anesthetic, which caused Suesan to pass out. While Suesan was unconscious, Theresa ordered her then-15-year-old son Robert to remove the bullet with an X-Acto knife. Suesan awoke the following day in immense pain. Over the following days, she developed sepsis and became delirious. Theresa attempted to treat her with ibuprofen and antibiotics, which proved ineffective. As Suesan's condition continued to decline, Theresa had left her handcuffed under the kitchen table with no food or water; one day while Theresa was out doing errands, Terry gave Suesan a cup of water with some sugar in it.

[quote]On July 16, 1984, Theresa packed all of Suesan's belongings in trash bags and, after binding Suesan's arms and legs and placing duct tape over her mouth, ordered her sons Robert and William to put her in their car. They drove her to Squaw Valley, where Robert and William placed her on the side of the road on top of the bags containing her belongings. Knorr then doused Suesan and the bags in gasoline and lit the girl on fire. Suesan's still smoldering body was found the following day. An autopsy determined that she was still alive when she was lit on fire.

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2019 12:08 PM

r8:

[quote]Following Suesan's death, Theresa began directing the majority of her abuse towards Sheila. In May 1985, Theresa forced Sheila, like Suesan before her, into prostitution to support the family. Theresa, who did not work and received money from the state, was initially pleased with the large amounts of money Sheila was earning and allowed her to leave the house whenever she pleased. Theresa had also started handcuffing Sheila to her bed and under the kitchen table, repeating the same abuse Suesan endured the year before.

[quote]After a few weeks, Theresa angrily accused Sheila of being pregnant and contracting a sexually transmitted disease which Theresa claimed she caught from Sheila via a toilet seat. When Sheila denied the accusations, Theresa beat her, hog tied her and locked her in a hot 16x24 inch linen closet with no ventilation or a place to sit or kneel. Theresa forbade her other children from giving Sheila food or water or from opening the closet, but Terry disobeyed her mother and gave Sheila a beer on one occasion. To end the punishment, Sheila confessed to Theresa's accusations, but her mother claimed she was lying and refused to release her.

[quote]Sheila died on June 21, 1985, of starvation and dehydration. Theresa left the body in the closet for an additional three days before discovering that she was dead.

I think my MARY!!! was justified.

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2019 12:11 PM

There's a special place in hell for people like Teresa Knorr.

She should have gotten the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2019 12:21 PM

Yes, r12. I have watched a lot of true crime. I think that's the worst I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2019 10:41 PM

This is a fascinating episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2019 1:39 PM

I'm the knife block on the kitchen counter where ONE knife is missing!

That must be the murder weapon!

(In real life, I only use 3-4 "good" knives and the rest are always empty in the knife block.)

by Anonymousreply 15July 6, 2019 6:27 PM

I’ve been watching these shows because I’ve had the worst cold in my life for the past week & was pretty much bedridden. I cannot get i er the AFFAIRS these people have. They are the ugliest, potato-shaped, beer bellied, Sally-Jesse-Rafael-glasses wearing midwestern, southern & upstate NY gnomes & trolls. I can’t believe these people fuck each other. I have trouble looking at their photos they’re so frightfully fug. And it’s not just one affair. They’ll be talking about the murder of some mom-jeans wearing , poofy banged, bedazzled jean jacket, giant eyeglass wearing woman and of course, the husband is the suspect. He looks like Ken Bone with his mustache, glasses, tucked in striped polo shirt, waist-high belted pleated pants and center-parted receding hairline.

Turns out wife was having an affair with their pastor. While telling the background story, we’ll hear that she dropped out if high school when she was pregnant at 16, has 2 other children from 2 previous relationships and a child with the current husband.....or was it the husband’s child? Could it Pastor Bob’s child?

Meanwhile, hubby is fucking the cashier from the gas station/convenience store who is cheating on her mullet-headed husband who wears tucked-in sports jerseys, white sneakers, wears brown tinted eyeglasses, is missing his front tooth & periodically hangs out at a local biker bar.

Why are these people so ugly? Why are they so horny they’ll fuck anyone they meet line dancing at the VFW?

by Anonymousreply 16November 29, 2019 3:32 AM

This is officially the worst pretend thread ever. You've ruined Thanksgiving, you asshole. I hope you get diarrhea so bad you spend a full 24 hours on the can shitting your guts out!

by Anonymousreply 17November 29, 2019 4:00 AM

The 80s & 90s were really unattractive times for murder victims

by Anonymousreply 18November 29, 2019 7:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!