Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Theatre Gossip #359: The" bland, desperately unoriginal thread title/tony year" Edition -

In hopes of making things work smoothly in case the search function isn't working I'm typing this before I finish my coffee and am capable of coherent thought.

My apologies in advance. Especially if there is already a clever one out there.

by Anonymousreply 605June 11, 2019 11:32 PM

I am clinging to this new thread as if it were an ice floe....

hoping for the best.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2019 1:17 PM

Put in a link to the last one. I thought OKLAHOMA! was pretty great. What was with that star-baby dance, though?

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2019 1:20 PM
by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2019 1:22 PM

No one knows, r2. No one knows.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2019 1:44 PM

With all the talk about how Rocketman should be adapted to be the next Broadway jukebox musical -- I just wish they would do something original with it. Like maybe let Sara Bareilles adapt the story and songs to be a vehicle for SJB and an assortment of younger underemployed ex-Elphabas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2019 1:59 PM

Previous thread.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2019 2:02 PM

Oops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2019 2:03 PM

I think someone should develop a Stevie Wonder jukebox musical. He has a bigger catalog of songs and a more interesting story than some of the artists who've already had one.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2019 3:30 PM

I think Connie Francis, who has a huge catalog of song hits, should get a show. SJB could probably star in that one too.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2019 3:46 PM

Is this what the current lackluster season has reduced the theater threads to? Suggesting ideas for more jukebox musicals?

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2019 4:09 PM

If they are done well, why not? There's room for a new one when another one closes, though I think "Jersey Boys" and "Beautiful" have been among the best. I haven't seen the Temptations one yet.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2019 4:13 PM

Connie Francis has been trying to get her life story on stage for a decade-

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2019 4:14 PM

I am sick of all these Juke Box musicals, give me something new

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2019 4:16 PM

I remember back in the early 2000s, there was a Broadway-bound Selena jukebox musical in the works.

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2019 4:17 PM

Jukebox musicals belong in Vegas or at Disney World, not on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2019 4:18 PM

[quote] the dick has been tied down, but huge nevertheless.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2019 4:27 PM

This is shaping up to be Bway's biggest financial year.

That means lots more movie-to-stage musicals, jukebox musical, shit put directly onto the stage.

Tourists will pay for anything that is wrapped nicely in a bow.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2019 4:45 PM

r15, I couldn't agree more.

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2019 4:46 PM

"If they are done well, why not?"

Poor man's theatre.

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2019 4:58 PM

R19 Broadway these days is not for the poor or even working class!

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2019 5:12 PM

And it’s funny that Broadway is so expensive considering the absolute crap they are serving up. Producers should be deeply ashamed. The prices one would pay to see the Golden Age masterpieces and we pay ludicrous ticket prices for Tootsie and Pretty Woman. Fuck off, Broadway. Put that on your marquees!

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2019 5:20 PM

Read Andrew Rannels book. Enjoyed it, he's a good story teller if not a bit of a bitch. Early in his career he books "Pokemon Live" at Radio City Music Hall. Hates the wig, hates the costume, hates the cartoon character's voice. I watched a mini doc on it and c'mon, if you have to do a kid theater, and lots of starving actors do, no judgements, I haven't seen anything as good as this. Even the choreography was above the any kids show I've seen on commercials from tours. AND director choreographer Luis Perez is hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2019 5:47 PM

Spiritually poor, r20.

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2019 5:54 PM

Jesse Tyler Fergusson is playing the Denis O'Hare role in Take Me Out

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2019 5:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2019 6:01 PM

r24 that's awful. We can though be grateful he won't be naked. [and yes I remember most Fabulous Story Ever Told]

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2019 6:05 PM

Andrew Rannalls IS a bitch. Such an insufferable twat. He’s a human cartoon so, realistically, Pokémon Live is the best kind of job for him. So is playing a character created by the South Park guys. I had hoped that once he aged out of those roles, we’d never have to hear from him again, but here we are.

by Anonymousreply 27June 5, 2019 6:11 PM

Who was begging for a Take Me Out revival, anyway? People only went to see that show for the exploitative nudity. Why not just put up a show called “Actors: Live and Nude” and cut out the facade that anyone is there for the play? Nobody goes to see Take Me Out to see Take Me Out.

by Anonymousreply 28June 5, 2019 6:14 PM

What a shitty cast so far for Take Me Out. When it first came to broadway Ben Affleck was in talks to film the adaptation. Now a big revival comes and the two stars are supporting characters on bad television shows.

Might as well bring in Sally Struthers at this point

by Anonymousreply 29June 5, 2019 6:16 PM

[quote]Might as well bring in Sally Struthers at this point

I'm throwing up a lot in my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 30June 5, 2019 6:32 PM

And to think, it was almost going to be Jussie Smollett.

by Anonymousreply 31June 5, 2019 6:32 PM

The culture we get...

by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2019 6:36 PM

[quote] Who was begging for a Take Me Out revival, anyway?

Anybody else see Gbenga Akinnagbe in the Flea Theater's production of FULFILLMENT back in 2015? He's currently in TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, where unfortunately he does not take off his clothes.

At 40, he's probably too old for TAKE ME OUT, but his appearance alone would be a reason to buy a ticket

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2019 6:59 PM

Was at the laundromat this morning (hush up, my dryer's broken) and was forced to watch/listen to a local cable-access sports talk show with two millennial sports nuts smack talking each other on who's better, LeBron James or KD (Kevin Durant; I had to look up at the screen to see who KD was). Why are there no arts talk shows? They can't cost more than a couple dollars to produce, and actors and producers would leap at the free publicity. I would happily watch two DL theatre mavens talking smack about this year's horrible, no, terrible season. Santino! Brooks! Gouge out Sam Gold's eyes for that Lear! Cranston! Daniels! Jukebox musicals are the demise of modern theater! SJB! O'Hara!

by Anonymousreply 34June 5, 2019 7:10 PM

Not enough would listen to an arts show to make it profitable. Even in New York.

by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2019 7:12 PM

[quote] Why are there no arts talk shows? They can't cost more than a couple dollars to produce, and actors and producers would leap at the free publicity.

Excuse me?

by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2019 7:23 PM

There’s a reason the theatre never produced its own version of Siskel & Ebert.

by Anonymousreply 37June 5, 2019 7:29 PM

R37 what's the reason?

by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2019 7:38 PM

He broke his leg is NINE PLACES!

by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2019 7:48 PM

[quote]The "Bajour!" thing is as dated as your clothes, and about as funny.

I will not hear a word against "Bajour"! It is sacred to DL, do you hear me? Sacred!

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2019 7:51 PM

It isn't dated, it's tradition....

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2019 7:56 PM

R9 There was a long line of stars waiting to play Connie: Beverly D'Angelo. Valerie Bertenelli, Michelle Pfeiffer, and then the most vocal, Gloria Estefan. The script was written but Connie and Gloria had too many disagreements and Connie dropped the e=project. Dolly Parton then stated that she would like to produce it. Dick Clark also wanted to make it a made for TV movie, but Connie disagreed.

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2019 8:18 PM

Bajour! For revival next season with Chita and Nancy repeating their original roles!

by Anonymousreply 43June 5, 2019 8:28 PM

Bajour was a really terrible show. Except for Chita, the cast was mostly dreary and the score was tuneless dribble. And whom were we supposed to root for, thieves and swindlers?

Why can't the DataLounge flop mascot be something with echt gay flamboyance? The Boy Friend? Ankles Aweigh?

by Anonymousreply 44June 5, 2019 8:51 PM

Isn't the Denis O'Hare character in TMO supposed to be a sexless nerd?

Can Jesse TF do sexless?

Which reminds me of the insane pairing of Jesse TF and Lea Delaria in that earlier horrible revival of On the Town. What was it that Betty Comden said about Lea?

by Anonymousreply 45June 5, 2019 8:51 PM

Jesse has sex?

by Anonymousreply 46June 5, 2019 9:19 PM

You mean we won’t see Furgesons flaming red bush?

by Anonymousreply 47June 5, 2019 9:20 PM

What’s next for Betty Buckley? Will BroadWAY accept her back ever again or is she banished to toil in the regions forevermore? Did Dolly! bring her some goodwill?

by Anonymousreply 48June 5, 2019 9:29 PM

Denis O'Hare has a supporting role in the new Emma Thompson=Mindy Kaling film, and he really isn't aging particularly well, also considering that he isn't that old, probably somewhere in his 50s. He's too skinny or something as well.

Re: Bajour!, on the OCR it sounds like Nancy Dussault is absolutely stealing the show, especially with her "Where Is the Tribe for Me"?", though Chita does sound fun doing "Mean".

by Anonymousreply 49June 5, 2019 10:10 PM

O’ Hare was looking decrepit as far back as CHARITY

by Anonymousreply 50June 5, 2019 10:25 PM

[quote]r48 What’s next for Betty Buckley?

[italic]BAJOUR!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 5, 2019 10:39 PM

R49: I still hate Bajour, but actually Chita has a nice ballad in Love Line (or something like that). You don't normally think of her as a sound ballad singer, but she's quite musical in the piece.

Give her a role she's really right for, like Reno Sweeney (I saw her do it at Paper Mill, twice), and she brings back musical comedy singlehanded.

by Anonymousreply 52June 5, 2019 10:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 5, 2019 10:48 PM

You are dismissing Bajour in favor of a REAL piece of shit like Ankles Aweigh, R44? Bajour at least has a couple of good numbers, and also Mort Lindsey's superb orchestrations. In addition to its many inanities, Ankles might have what I think may be the worst, most tuneless production number ever written, the execrable "Ready Cash."

by Anonymousreply 54June 5, 2019 10:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 5, 2019 11:16 PM

"Ankles may have what I think is the worst, most tuneless production number ever written, the execrable "Ready Cash."

Have you heard (any number of current Broadway shows)? They make Ready Cash sound like a scintillating masterwork

by Anonymousreply 56June 5, 2019 11:28 PM

[quote]You obviously didn’t see SJB in Meet Vera Stark, Shite sandwich.

I saw "Meet Vera Stark" and do not remember SJB being in it. I do remember, however, that the play was horrible and a complete waste of an evening.

by Anonymousreply 57June 6, 2019 12:07 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2019 12:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2019 12:14 AM

Vera STARK?? Is it the long-awaited [italic]Game of Thrones[/italic] musical at last??

by Anonymousreply 60June 6, 2019 12:16 AM

Vera Drake......the Musical!

by Anonymousreply 61June 6, 2019 12:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 6, 2019 12:27 AM

Sing OUT,Imelda!

by Anonymousreply 63June 6, 2019 12:30 AM

[quote]r61 Vera Drake......the Musical!

What are the songs?

I see the 11 o'clock number being the rousing [italic]"Twere Just a 'elpin 'and"

by Anonymousreply 64June 6, 2019 12:32 AM

Vera Stark, has the long awaited gender swapped Iron Man musical finally been made?

by Anonymousreply 65June 6, 2019 12:50 AM

wut?

by Anonymousreply 66June 6, 2019 12:56 AM

[quote]What was it that Betty Comden said about Lea

That fabulous quote, which I only recently read for the first time, was something about how Betty was watching a rehearsal for ON THE TOWN with Lea and said to her assistant something along the lines of, "We have to give her a note not to play the role like a lesbian." To which the assistant replies, "But, Betty, she IS a lesbian." To which Betty replied, "I'm aware of that, but I thought she was also an actress."

by Anonymousreply 67June 6, 2019 1:44 AM

You got it all wrong, r67. My friend was the assistant she gave the note to. Betty was appalled by Lea’s performance and said “she’s playing Hildy like a lesbian!” The rest, you got right. The assistant said “But Betty, she is a lesbian,” and Betty said “I know that, but I thought she was also an actress.”

by Anonymousreply 68June 6, 2019 2:08 AM

[quote]I saw "Meet Vera Stark" and do not remember SJB being in it

“The play premiered Off-Broadway at Second Stage Theatre on May 9, 2011 and closed on June 12, 2011. Directed by Jo Bonney, the cast featured Sanaa Lathan as Vera Stark, Stephanie J. Block (Gloria Mitchell), Daniel Breaker (Leroy Barksdale/Herb Forrester), David Garrison (Fredrick Slasvick/Brad Donovan), Kimberly Hebert Gregory (Lottie/Carmen Levy-Green), Kevin Isola (Maximillian Von Oster/Brian Blaze), and Karen Olivo (Anne Mae/Afua Assata Ejob“

by Anonymousreply 69June 6, 2019 2:10 AM

R68 what was your friend's response to that?

by Anonymousreply 70June 6, 2019 2:10 AM

I wouldn't say I got it "all wrong," R68, but anyway, thanks for the correction.

by Anonymousreply 71June 6, 2019 3:17 AM

Couple of interesting things were posted at the end of the last thread...

[quote]Is anyone else concerned that this may be the last national network broadcast of the Tonys since its presence lately has been due to the fact that sexual harasser Les Moonves loves Broadway and wanted to present "prestige shows"? The ratings lately have been borderline. Like :Louis B. Mayer would always produce at least one "prestige" picture a year that he knew might or night not would lose money? Like TWOZ in 1939, for example, or Pride and Prejudice in 1940 Whose feelings or rating considerations will be important at CBS now?

I have a friend who used to work in ad sales marketing at CBS. This may have changed since she left that role 4 or 5 years back, but I recall her telling me the Tonys broadcast was actually very profitable for CBS. No, it's not a ratings blockbuster, but it does have a fairly consistent audience profile -- an especially affluent audience. And so, they apparently had no trouble selling out the advertising every year to brands that wanted to reach a slightly older, more affluent audience. It's why you see spots for luxury car brands on the Tonys and not Starburst.

by Anonymousreply 72June 6, 2019 3:26 AM

[quote]Fran and Barry showed up for Donna Marie Asbury’s final performance in Chicago after 20 years, and I must say, Fran looked good. She spoke at length and read a letter from Walter “Killer” Bobbie, and contrary to popular DL opinion, was totally together, even charming, and not at all ready for her fruit cup at the old folks’ home.

How on earth did she maintain her sanity doing that same show for TWENTY years? I don't care how great the book and score may be (and they are great), somewhere along the line your soul has to die. I guess it paid the mortgage. I will say, I saw Donna Marie Asbury and Charlotte D'Amboise in (the first?) national tour as Velma and Roxie, respectively, and they were a sensational duo. I know Charlotte's come back to the show many times, but I believe Donna's pretty much done nothing but Chicago for two decades. When is the dreadful Amra Faye Wright going to retire??

by Anonymousreply 73June 6, 2019 3:31 AM

Were there any authentic Gypsies cast in Bajour? If it were done today, you know that there would be riots if none were In the chorus. And of course there could not be any use of the word gypsy.

by Anonymousreply 74June 6, 2019 4:04 AM

Rolling Stone's Tony predictions:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 6, 2019 4:52 AM

I've spoken to a number of voters, and it seems to be evenly spread between all 4 for 'best musical'. The road (the largest block) is voting for Ain't Too Proud, the NY power set are voting for Hadestown, the creatives are voting for The Prom, and the investor block is voting for Tootsie...

i genuinely have no idea what is going to win

by Anonymousreply 76June 6, 2019 10:24 AM

Branuran sure is working it ... I wonder if he may yet win

by Anonymousreply 77June 6, 2019 10:56 AM

HADESTOWN is going to win. Stop being idiots.

by Anonymousreply 78June 6, 2019 11:27 AM

Jesse Tyler Ferguson is Take Me Out is one of those castings that seems great on paper but wont work on stage. Denis O’Hare was fantastic in the part. I like Jesse, but he’s too queeney for the role and too sitcommy. I think Jesse will make the character into a caricature.

by Anonymousreply 79June 6, 2019 12:10 PM

Branuran got several 'facts' completely wrong. Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 80June 6, 2019 12:14 PM

Tootsie may have the most credited above-title producers ever seen. I heard they were desperate for money Doesn't that help get them a lot of votes

by Anonymousreply 81June 6, 2019 1:43 PM

Jason Danieley accepting Marin Mazzie's special Tony Award.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 6, 2019 2:41 PM

Jesse is a mincing queen and that character in Take Me Out isn't.

by Anonymousreply 83June 6, 2019 2:42 PM

I was hoping Uranowitz would get the O’Hare role.

by Anonymousreply 84June 6, 2019 3:04 PM

R84 in Take Me Out?

by Anonymousreply 85June 6, 2019 3:06 PM

This was on last night (PBS, L.A.) and was most entertaining.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 6, 2019 3:07 PM

R84-No, in Late Night, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 87June 6, 2019 3:22 PM

God I hate when I do that r87.

by Anonymousreply 88June 6, 2019 3:23 PM

[quote][R37] what's the reason?

Quite simple: No one asked for one. Whether their influence on movies is good or not is debatable, but a “thumbs up/thumbs down” system would likely kill Broadway. Whom would you pair together like that anyway, Rex Reed and Frank Rich?

by Anonymousreply 89June 6, 2019 3:40 PM

Riedel always made the Theater Talk fun. Musto is getting fatter and Green is getting thinner. Feldman is so smart Vintecelli is still an idiot and Haskins is a trooper.

by Anonymousreply 90June 6, 2019 3:45 PM

If La Musto thinks a few extra pounds will distract from the shape of that head, he’s got another thing coming.

by Anonymousreply 91June 6, 2019 4:21 PM

I sure hope the Tonys pay proper tribute to Carol Channing.

by Anonymousreply 92June 6, 2019 4:25 PM

[quote] I have a friend who used to work in ad sales marketing at CBS. This may have changed since she left that role 4 or 5 years back, but I recall her telling me the Tonys broadcast was actually very profitable for CBS. No, it's not a ratings blockbuster, but it does have a fairly consistent audience profile -- an especially affluent audience. And so, they apparently had no trouble selling out the advertising every year to brands that wanted to reach a slightly older, more affluent audience. It's why you see spots for luxury car brands on the Tonys and not Starburst.

I've heard similar, which is why it always irks me that they feel the need to shoehorn in non-Broadway people because "if the ratings go down, CBS will drop the broadcast."

by Anonymousreply 93June 6, 2019 4:26 PM

The TONYS-"Carol Who"?

by Anonymousreply 94June 6, 2019 4:32 PM

Carol Channing may be mentioned, but that is it.

I doubt many people are watching for another tribute.

by Anonymousreply 95June 6, 2019 4:39 PM

She'll be prominently featured in the In Memoriam segment.

by Anonymousreply 96June 6, 2019 4:46 PM

[quote] Jason Danieley accepting Marin Mazzie's special Tony Award.

Sad. He said on Facebook he left in the morning from the apartment they shared and went home after the Tony presentation to a brand new place. He couldn't stay in the old place, too painful.

by Anonymousreply 97June 6, 2019 4:51 PM

[quote] The evening will feature performances by the casts of: Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of the Temptations; Beetlejuice; The Cher Show; Choir Boy; Hadestown; Kiss Me, Kate; Oklahoma!; The Prom and Tootsie. The evening will also feature a special performance by Tony Award winning-actress Cynthia Erivo.

I wonder what Erivo is doing? The "Ballet" from Wokelahoma?

by Anonymousreply 98June 6, 2019 4:55 PM

I'm 95 percent positive Erivo has the "honors" of singing "What I Did For Love" ("Seasons of Love" was last year with the Parkland kids) over the montage of the dead.

by Anonymousreply 99June 6, 2019 5:07 PM

Talk about disrespecting the dearly departed!

by Anonymousreply 100June 6, 2019 5:11 PM

Chenoweth is going to be a presenter.

I wonder how much room they will give her to ham things up -- or if she will be called on to hand an award to someone she has worked with.

by Anonymousreply 101June 6, 2019 5:31 PM

Erivo will be presenting best director of a musical award to Chavkin who will then ko her for being responsible for closing Natasha

by Anonymousreply 102June 6, 2019 5:40 PM

Erivo should inherit Frank Rich's old sobriquet of The Butcher Of Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 103June 6, 2019 5:43 PM

Carolee Carmello is replacing Betty Buckley in Hello, Dolly tour!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 6, 2019 5:45 PM

Why isn't Jerry Herman dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 105June 6, 2019 5:45 PM

I'm surprised Be More Chill didn't elbow it's way into the broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 106June 6, 2019 5:49 PM

[quote]Chavkin who will then ko her

He wouldn't dare.

by Anonymousreply 107June 6, 2019 5:51 PM

Is Matthew Lopez gay?

by Anonymousreply 108June 6, 2019 5:53 PM

He's waiting for you to die first, r105.

by Anonymousreply 109June 6, 2019 5:54 PM

Has BE MORE CHILL announced a closing date yet?

by Anonymousreply 110June 6, 2019 5:55 PM

I kinda feel bad for BE MORE CHILL. Yes, they went in thinking they had the next big hit and acted like they were hot stuff, but I can't help but feel bad for their failure.

by Anonymousreply 111June 6, 2019 6:08 PM

Will CHILL close right after the Tonys or can it hold on until Labor Day?

by Anonymousreply 112June 6, 2019 6:17 PM

Is Be More Chill doing that poorly?

They'll probably do decent summer business with tweens.

If they're not appearing on the Tony Awards I don't think waiting for them to announce would make any sense.

Joe Iconis winning will do nothing for their box office and Joe Iconis won't win, so...

by Anonymousreply 113June 6, 2019 6:21 PM

R108. Yes he is. And married.

by Anonymousreply 114June 6, 2019 7:05 PM

[quote]I kinda feel bad for BE MORE CHILL. Yes, they went in thinking they had the next big hit and acted like they were hot stuff, but I can't help but feel bad for their failure.

It didn't help that a lot of supposed experts also told them the show was going to be a big hit.

[quote]Jesse is a mincing queen and that character in Take Me Out isn't.

Jesse's comic style is that he comes across as very quirky on stage but not necessarily as a "mincing queen," depending on the role. He has gotten very good reviews for playing non-gay characters in ON THE TOWN and a few Shakespeare in the Park productions. So shut up.

[quote]Denis O’Hare was fantastic in the part. I like Jesse, but he’s too queeney for the role and too sitcommy. I think Jesse will make the character into a caricature.

I loved Denis O'Hare in TAKE ME OUT but it was a VERY big, broad, quirky comic performance that could certainly be described as sitcommy and even a caricature. So you're another person who doesn't know what he's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 115June 6, 2019 7:37 PM

Weren’t we talking about the Miss Saigon tour ? No one has mentioned the Chris is more femme than Kim?

by Anonymousreply 116June 6, 2019 7:38 PM

Why is anyone sorry that a piece of shit that had no business being on Broadway is taking up space and failing? Perhaps if they had written a better show, people might have wanted to see it.

by Anonymousreply 117June 6, 2019 7:39 PM

Casting calls for City Center's Evita are out. They're looking for a Young Eva and adult Eva.

I knew they'd find a way to destroy this show.

by Anonymousreply 118June 6, 2019 8:06 PM

[quote]Casting calls for City Center's Evita are out. They're looking for a Young Eva and adult Eva. I knew they'd find a way to destroy this show.

Maybe this just means they're going to have a young girl play Eva in flashbacks scenes, like the ones they added at the beginning of the movie, and not actually sing anything? Eva Peron died at 33, and the story of the musical picks up when she's 15, so it really wouldn't make sense to have a "young Evita" for the early scenes and an "adult Eva" for the later ones. That would be a terrible idea, and if that is what they're planning, I wonder where in the story the switchover would happen? There doesn't seem to be a natural place for it.

by Anonymousreply 119June 6, 2019 8:14 PM

[quote]She'll be prominently featured in the In Memoriam segment.

Read: She'll be given the final spot and an extra 3 seconds on a rear projection while Cynthia Erivo wails in the foreground.

by Anonymousreply 120June 6, 2019 8:15 PM

How very Little Me, r118!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 6, 2019 8:22 PM

If I was designing the In Memoriam segment which I am not, a youngish playwright would talk about Neil Simon and introduce the segment and Carol would be the final slide OR someone would talk about Carol (though I can't imagine who, she outlasted all of her contemporaries) and Neil would be the final slide. I'm sure the dummies who are designing this are probably going to mess it up and give someone like Babs Bush a prominent spot.

by Anonymousreply 122June 6, 2019 8:23 PM

And, of course, the In Memorium segment will be all about Erivo. She wouldn’t have it any other way!

by Anonymousreply 123June 6, 2019 8:23 PM

Maybe it could be about Erivo's dead career.

by Anonymousreply 124June 6, 2019 8:26 PM

Fabulous ass at 1:06!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 6, 2019 8:28 PM

[quote]And, of course, the In Memorium segment will be all about Erivo. She wouldn’t have it any other way!

Damn, I hate her for her contribution to the COMET fiasco. I can't think of anyone I'd less like to hear singing the song for the "in memoriam" segment.

by Anonymousreply 126June 6, 2019 8:28 PM

I hope the big changeover from Little Evita to Big Eva is done just like in GYPSY with strobe lights and the two characters doing "chugs" around each other.

by Anonymousreply 127June 6, 2019 8:32 PM

Maybe it's a Follies thing.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 6, 2019 8:36 PM

[quote] In Memorium

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 129June 6, 2019 9:23 PM

[quote]I sure hope the Tonys pay proper tribute to Carol Channing.

One hit wonder.

by Anonymousreply 130June 6, 2019 9:24 PM

Discount ticket services are basically giving away seats to Glenda's LEAR and GARY this week and last week.

Sad.

I don't think GARY works, but the 3 leads are terrific and it was entertaining.

I actually turned down a free ticket to LEAR.

by Anonymousreply 131June 6, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote]One hit wonder.

Two hits. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

by Anonymousreply 132June 6, 2019 9:39 PM

https://www.onstageblog.com/editorals/2019/6/3/actor-alleges-professional-bullying-amp-racial-discrimination-at-broadways-anastasia?fbclid=IwAR2GeVFWVRe-gsJzwET7NBpWTDfcTgibep1QE3nXjGVHIFCXoKSBNAgUEj0

by Anonymousreply 133June 6, 2019 9:50 PM

r115 you're awful

by Anonymousreply 134June 6, 2019 9:57 PM

Anyone know which play Scott Rudin is putting opera star Karita Mattila into in the spring- rumor has been floating around that he has been talking to her about a 'dramatic' role

by Anonymousreply 135June 6, 2019 10:01 PM

R133 The link goes below.. Where it says “Web Site Link”

This made my head hurt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 6, 2019 10:19 PM

Carolee Carmelo is a huge upgrade as far as performance goes for Hello Dolly. Not only is her voice in better shape than Betty’s, but she knows how to be funny.

by Anonymousreply 137June 6, 2019 10:46 PM

Oh please, r136. It’s that toad, Chris Peterson. He thinks he’s Broadway’s own personal SJW. He always tries to stir up shit and nothing ever sticks.

by Anonymousreply 138June 6, 2019 10:50 PM

[quote]It’s that toad, Chris Peterson.

I just want to pinch his cheeks so hard.

by Anonymousreply 139June 6, 2019 10:53 PM

Just because the actor said it was "racism" does not mean it was. He may have perceived it that way. My partner joined a long running show several years in and the whole production staff had it in for him. It was horrible. He chalked it up to being new in a company of drones. I won't go into it because it's not my place, but he was absolutely harassed and management always told him to let it go. In the current climate he would have gone to equity but at the time he was very young and just accepted it and was miserable. He's white. I believe these things happened to the Anastasia actor. But he can't jump to racism.

by Anonymousreply 140June 6, 2019 11:12 PM

"The Inheritance" will begin Broadway performances Sept. 27.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 6, 2019 11:38 PM

Vincentelli is a miserable, bitter, old lesbian who loves everything cynical and dark. If it's not, she hates it. Definitely an idiot. What is with the obsession of Erivo? Why do they like her so much?

by Anonymousreply 142June 7, 2019 12:13 AM

Neil Eckersley has screwed up another concert tour by a Broadway diva in the UK. Bernadette has been canceled.

Who is this guy anyway? Does anyone on datalounge have stories?

by Anonymousreply 143June 7, 2019 12:16 AM

The only Bernadette dates that Eckersley has on his website were for 2016. Was she going to do concerts there this summer?

by Anonymousreply 144June 7, 2019 12:24 AM

What does SJW mean and who the hell are these people producing two part shows charging hundreds of dollars.

by Anonymousreply 145June 7, 2019 12:45 AM

OK I looked beyond an immediate twitter search myself and found this on Eckersley.

It is stunning that he is still producing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 7, 2019 12:50 AM

R145, SJW = “Social Justice Warrior.” Erivo is definitely one and what she did to Natasha, Pierre is the very definition of an SJW making things worse, which often happens.

by Anonymousreply 147June 7, 2019 2:17 AM

[quote]Eva Peron died at 33, and the story of the musical picks up when she's 15, so it really wouldn't make sense to have a "young Evita" for the early scenes and an "adult Eva" for the later ones. That would be a terrible idea, and if that is what they're planning, I wonder where in the story the switchover would happen?

I'm guessing they're going to hire a teenage actress to portray Eva from "On This Night of a Thousand Stars" through "Goodnight and Thank You." Then the older Eva (an actress in her late twenties or thirties) does the rest of the show. Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to ape the movie and give Young Eva "Another Suitcase in Another Hall" and leave the Mistress with just the reprise.

by Anonymousreply 148June 7, 2019 2:24 AM

Evita? Hello.

by Anonymousreply 149June 7, 2019 2:40 AM

How does Evita fit into the Encores season? Will it be an event like Lady In the Dark, produced at City Center for just a weekend?

by Anonymousreply 150June 7, 2019 2:49 AM

R150, it will have a two week run.

by Anonymousreply 151June 7, 2019 2:55 AM

Finally saw Network. Cranston was stunning. The set and production design are fantastic. I thought Cranston actually elevated Beale beyond buffoon. Not that Finch's baffoon of a Howard Beale wasn't right for the film... it absolutely was. You all were right, Tatiana Maslana, a fine actress, was miscast (and, possibly, mis-directed). Not a patch on Dunaway. And WHAT THE FUCK were they thinking with her styling and that terrible, unflattering hairstyle they gave her? Didn't do her any favors.

But, most importantly, I'm jealous of Tatiana's right hand. Or was it her left hand? Whichever it was, it got a Chiquita banana's worth of Tony Goldwyn's crotch. Good God that man just gets better with age. That elderly wife of his is so flippin lucky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 7, 2019 3:00 AM

Wait a minute - is that Tony Goldwyn’s nude big dick hanging down there? He’s nude in Network?

I’m booking my tickets as I type.

by Anonymousreply 153June 7, 2019 3:09 AM

Still scratching my head over the Connie Francis musical. Lyrics for the Act 2 opener at Howard Johnson?

by Anonymousreply 154June 7, 2019 3:12 AM

[quote]r152 Tatiana Maslana, a fine actress, was miscast (and, possibly, mis-directed). Not a patch on Dunaway.

Thank you for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 7, 2019 3:18 AM

City Center sent out letters to subscribers re next season’s Encores! The shows will be: MACK AND MABEL, LOVE LiFE and THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE, reinvented (or reinterpreted, whatever) by Jeanine Tesori and starring Ashley Park, so the whole white slavery angle will obviously get a PC going-over.

by Anonymousreply 156June 7, 2019 3:31 AM

R150, Evita is not part of the Encores season.

by Anonymousreply 157June 7, 2019 3:36 AM

[quote]I'm guessing they're going to hire a teenage actress to portray Eva from "On This Night of a Thousand Stars" through "Goodnight and Thank You." Then the older Eva (an actress in her late twenties or thirties) does the rest of the show.

That's what I mean, that would be silly, because there's not supposed to be much time elapsed between "Goodnight and Thank You" and Eva's next appearance, on the radio.

by Anonymousreply 158June 7, 2019 3:39 AM

yes r134 I agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 159June 7, 2019 3:50 AM

[quote]Wait a minute - is that Tony Goldwyn’s nude big dick hanging down there? He’s nude in Network? I’m booking my tickets as I type.

Unfortunately not. That's from a play Goldwyn did 10+ years ago. He doen't disrobe in Network, but if you're seated house left you might get a very nice view of his still magnificent ass in some especially tight pants.

by Anonymousreply 160June 7, 2019 3:52 AM

[quote]That's what I mean, that would be silly, because there's not supposed to be much time elapsed between "Goodnight and Thank You" and Eva's next appearance, on the radio.

But "Goodnight and Thank You" starts out when she's still 15, shortly after her arrival in Buenos Aires. There's a passage of time as she climbs up the ladder and becomes a model and actress. So I suppose they could have Young Eva begin the number, as well as the second verse/chorus, but then they could have Older Eva come out at the end once she's reached the pinnacle of radio fame.

by Anonymousreply 161June 7, 2019 4:01 AM

That would seem to be the most likely idea for that concept, R161.

by Anonymousreply 162June 7, 2019 4:43 AM

I believe the actor from Anastasia about the targeted harassment. If some established crew on a show is told or decides someone new is unlikeable, they target and harass the person.

by Anonymousreply 163June 7, 2019 5:17 AM

I'm excited about Carolee in Dolly. That's a much better choice and the one they should have made from the start. Betty was never right for the role at any point in her career.

by Anonymousreply 164June 7, 2019 5:50 AM

Carolee will sell about three tickets total.

by Anonymousreply 165June 7, 2019 7:43 AM

From the casting notice:

Young Eva: Latinx, female, mid-teens. A feisty, ferocious spitfire of a teen whose determination and power come from a place of deep pain. Her narrative role in this production will be about chronicling the hardships and harsh realities of Eva Duarte’s early life. The division of responsibilities is such that this actor will sing “On this Night of a Thousand Stars”/“Eva, Beware of the City” and the first 3⁄4 of “Buenos Aires,” but will appear silently later in the piece as well. Seeking strong dancers – training in tango a plus. Strong mixed belt.

by Anonymousreply 166June 7, 2019 8:33 AM

They figured out they don't need to sell the show on a star because it's presold at subscription houses

by Anonymousreply 167June 7, 2019 10:11 AM

Plenty of tickets available for Betty's run in DC, for that matter.

She did get a great review in the Washington Post, though. Peter Marks loved her!

by Anonymousreply 168June 7, 2019 1:18 PM

The Inheritance has a few nude scenes that will take over these threads in September

by Anonymousreply 169June 7, 2019 2:04 PM

OF COURSE it does! It’s a gay play and for reasons unknown, we need full frontal male nudity in order for gay plays to exist.

by Anonymousreply 170June 7, 2019 2:11 PM

[quote]Why isn't Jerry Herman dead yet?

I know his health has been poor for awhile, but do you really want him to go so soon after Carol Channing?

by Anonymousreply 171June 7, 2019 2:39 PM

[quote]Why isn't Jerry Herman dead yet?

And does he know it?

by Anonymousreply 172June 7, 2019 2:40 PM

Were he and Carol ever photographed in the same room together?

by Anonymousreply 173June 7, 2019 2:40 PM

[quote]Young Eva: Latinx, female, mid-teens. A feisty, ferocious spitfire of a teen whose determination and power come from a place of deep pain. Her narrative role in this production will be about chronicling the hardships and harsh realities of Eva Duarte’s early life. The division of responsibilities is such that this actor will sing “On this Night of a Thousand Stars”/“Eva, Beware of the City” and the first 3⁄4 of “Buenos Aires,” but will appear silently later in the piece as well. Seeking strong dancers – training in tango a plus. Strong mixed belt.

Thanks for the details. So, why did they decide to have two Evas? To make the role less strenuous? Isn't this show only scheduled for a two week run?

by Anonymousreply 174June 7, 2019 2:44 PM

Maybe they have a non-Latina in the wings to be the "star" and need a cover for the outcry when it's announced.

Excuse me, Latinx (eyeroll).

by Anonymousreply 175June 7, 2019 2:47 PM

[quote]OF COURSE it does! It’s a gay play and for reasons unknown, we need full frontal male nudity in order for gay plays to exist.

Even on DL, a gay movie is not good unless it features graphic sex/nudity.

by Anonymousreply 176June 7, 2019 2:51 PM

Boyd Gaines is not well. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 177June 7, 2019 2:52 PM

[quote]Maybe they have a non-Latina in the wings to be the "star" and need a cover for the outcry when it's announced. Excuse me, Latinx (eyeroll).

You may be joking, but I had that same thought.

Aside from everything else involved in the "inclusionary casting" discussion, a lot of people don't seem to understand that not all Spanish-people speaking are of the same culture or ethnicity. There's a big difference between Spanish-speaking people from Spain, from Colombia, from the Domenican Republic, from Puerto Rico, etc. So what they actually mean when they say they're seeking a "Latinx" performer for Young Eva is unclear to me.....

by Anonymousreply 178June 7, 2019 2:55 PM

Was the idea that Patti was doing the City Center Evita just a joke? Could that be why they want/need a younger Eva?

by Anonymousreply 179June 7, 2019 2:58 PM

[quote]Was the idea that Patti was doing the City Center Evita just a joke? Could that be why they want/need a younger Eva?

I had that idea, although maybe I wasn't the only one. And I guess that's as good an explanation for "Young Eva" as any. Although if it is Patti, I think they would have been better off just doing a literal concert version of the show, in which case her being believable as a teenager would be less of an issue, so she could have done the whole thing

by Anonymousreply 180June 7, 2019 3:08 PM

The situation of the actor from Anastasia is a case for Erivo to solve.

by Anonymousreply 181June 7, 2019 3:12 PM

I don’t like the idea of 2 Evas. Though it is hard to accept a 30 year old portraying a 15 year old, there is a consistency with 1 woman. I don’t think the audience cared that Patti didn’t look 15, why not hire a younger woman to Play Eva. Donna Marie Asbury at 19 did it and shined.

by Anonymousreply 182June 7, 2019 3:20 PM

Was Patti ever comfortable/adept in the BA choreography?

by Anonymousreply 183June 7, 2019 3:21 PM

It sounds like they were hazing the Anastasia guy.

by Anonymousreply 184June 7, 2019 3:33 PM

I thought Herman was the obstacle to doing M&M at Encores, so what changed?

by Anonymousreply 185June 7, 2019 3:34 PM

It's odd that they're turning Eva into this admirable feminist who overcame all odds! Yes, Eva's rags-to-riches story is impressive, but her success was the expense of others. I've studied the woman for over 20 years and it is safe to say that she was a 'narcissistic sociopath.' She was manipulative, shameless, power-/money-obsessed, had delusions of grandeur, a need for excessive admiration, exploitative of others for personal gain, considered herself invincible, and was very generous to those who worshiped her (e.g. poor, working class) but quite vindictive and vengeful toward opponents or perceived enemies, including dissenters who were harassed into exile and/or jailed. Shades of Trump! If they had balls, they would retell EVITA as a commentary about Trump, which is closer to the truth.

by Anonymousreply 186June 7, 2019 3:39 PM

Who keeps posting about Boyd Gaines? The poster has posted like every year saying he was in poor health.

by Anonymousreply 187June 7, 2019 3:39 PM

Apparently it's Boyd Gaines, R187.

by Anonymousreply 188June 7, 2019 3:41 PM

Oh, and she was no feminist! Everything she did (e.g., Peronist Feminist Party, votes for women) was to secure her (and Peron's) power. Thus, to quote a biographer "everything she did was to take care of him, and by taking care of him, she was taking care of herself."

by Anonymousreply 189June 7, 2019 3:43 PM

[quote] I thought Herman was the obstacle to doing M&M at Encores, so what changed?

I thought so too, but someone else said it was the Michael Stewart Estate which might be plausible. In any case, it's a poor business decision for Herman to hold out for a Broadway revival of a show that wasn't a success.

by Anonymousreply 190June 7, 2019 3:43 PM

[quote]Yes, Eva's rags-to-riches story is impressive, but her success was the expense of others. I've studied the woman for over 20 years and it is safe to say that she was a 'narcissistic sociopath.' She was manipulative, shameless, power-/money-obsessed, had delusions of grandeur, a need for excessive admiration, exploitative of others for personal gain, considered herself invincible, and was very generous to those who worshiped her (e.g. poor, working class) but quite vindictive and vengeful toward opponents or perceived enemies, including dissenters who were harassed into exile and/or jailed.

So, a Datalounge regular.

by Anonymousreply 191June 7, 2019 3:45 PM

Why do you think Hillary and Clinton is having trouble filling seats? Is it Clinton-fatigue?

by Anonymousreply 192June 7, 2019 3:47 PM

Maybe it's Trump fatigue making the idea of sitting through a play about the Clintons unappealing.

by Anonymousreply 193June 7, 2019 3:54 PM

It just seemed like it should have been a sure fire hit.

Laurie Metcalf

John Lithgow

Hillary Clinton

All things the NYC theatre crowd cums over, but together it just didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 194June 7, 2019 4:07 PM

I just can’t pay money for more political blather. Politics is exhausting these days.

by Anonymousreply 195June 7, 2019 4:14 PM

SJWs think everyone wants to discuss leftist politics at all times and be lectured to, but people just want escapism.

by Anonymousreply 196June 7, 2019 4:22 PM

Let us not forget, r186.........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197June 7, 2019 4:28 PM

Hillary and Clinton is barely about politics. It's an Albee-esque look into the lives of a powerful married couple.

by Anonymousreply 198June 7, 2019 4:28 PM

Carol Channing and Jerry Herman appeared on stage together in a 1985 Mary Martin Tribute

by Anonymousreply 199June 7, 2019 4:36 PM

[quote]Hillary and Clinton is barely about politics. It's an Albee-esque look into the lives of a powerful married couple.

Then maybe this should be on the marquee. Anyone seeing the title of this play is bound to think "politics."

by Anonymousreply 200June 7, 2019 4:39 PM

It is still outselling Audra in Frankie and Johnny.

Evidently no one was interested in her or Michael Shannon this season.

None of the plays except Network and Mockingbird are selling particularly well.

Even usually reliable Nathan Lane can’t fill seats in Gary

by Anonymousreply 201June 7, 2019 4:53 PM

[quote]R186 t's odd that they're turning Eva into this admirable feminist who overcame all odds!

Can you link to anyone who’s doing that?

by Anonymousreply 202June 7, 2019 4:55 PM

It can be barely about politics and still be too much. People love to screech about politics all day, every day. I’m exhausted. I’m not going to a play about politicians for entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 203June 7, 2019 4:55 PM

Are you talking about Eva allegedly being turned into “this admirable feminist,” r203? Who are you replying to?

by Anonymousreply 204June 7, 2019 5:09 PM

r200, I assume, rr204.

by Anonymousreply 205June 7, 2019 5:15 PM

r203 has stated her boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 206June 7, 2019 5:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 7, 2019 5:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 7, 2019 5:53 PM

[quote] Carol Channing and Jerry Herman appeared on stage together in a 1985 Mary Martin Tribute

Carol Channing and Jerry Herman have appeared together about 40,000 times.

by Anonymousreply 209June 7, 2019 5:54 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210June 7, 2019 5:57 PM

[quote]I assume r200

Shut it, Mary Warren! The Court is not addressing you.

Your time will come.

Without documentation, R186 has made the accusation Eva has been turned into ”this admirable feminist.” R203, under suspicion of agreement, has failed to disassociate himself from this reckless claim.

We will now hear all sides - -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211June 7, 2019 6:28 PM

I was talking about the Tedious Hillary/Clinton but I am always thrilled to be associated with The Crucible. I’m a sucker for a soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 212June 7, 2019 6:37 PM

Thanks R208. Still one of the most thrilling productions I’ve seen. Gwen, Chita and Jerry were electrifying.

by Anonymousreply 213June 7, 2019 6:44 PM

[quote]R203 I was talking about the Tedious Hillary/Clinton but I am always thrilled to be associated with The Crucible. I’m a sucker for a soap opera.

Well, that was anticlimactic.

CASE DISMISSED!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214June 7, 2019 6:48 PM

R184 isn't "hazing" done with the person's knowledge that it's "hazing"?

by Anonymousreply 215June 7, 2019 6:55 PM

I think there is more to this Anastasia story. I find it hard to believe that this actor was just minding his own business and for no real reason at all, everyone starts picking on him. He’s leaving something out.

by Anonymousreply 216June 7, 2019 7:00 PM

R216 exactly

by Anonymousreply 217June 7, 2019 7:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218June 7, 2019 7:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219June 7, 2019 8:01 PM

[quote]R216 I think there is more to this Anastasia story. I find it hard to believe that this actor was just minding his own business and for no real reason at all, everyone starts picking on him. He’s leaving something out.

The other side (stage managers, hair department, employer) is “leaving something out” by declining to comment. The actor himself has stated a lot, including how his repeated requests to file a complaint thru AEA were stalled until the show had closed, when the issue became invalid.

by Anonymousreply 220June 7, 2019 8:13 PM

Is Boyd Gaines gay?

by Anonymousreply 221June 7, 2019 8:26 PM

Well, he's married to a woman and has a child, but that isn't sufficient evidence on DL.

by Anonymousreply 222June 7, 2019 8:34 PM

Love these old commercials — remember the old “I love NY” commercials al that had the casts singing the theme around nyc?

I l0ved that when I was a kid

by Anonymousreply 223June 7, 2019 9:19 PM

Questions:

1. Someone made reference to this in an earlier post but has not followed through: Who's not making friends at Circle in the Square? Details!

2. That Anastasia story... Something does not smell right. And that's because we are only hearing the actor's perspective on this. I've not once been part of a show where the cast and crew just automatically started turning against someone for no reason at all. In fact, most folks in show biz have a fairly high tolerance for odd behavior, to a limit. Cause that's why we are in the arts. So that article does not feel like it's been researched fully enough in any way. Not buying it.

by Anonymousreply 224June 7, 2019 10:11 PM

Nothing has ever been better than that Grand Hotel commercial with a personal testimonial from that VERY New York woman.

by Anonymousreply 225June 7, 2019 10:26 PM

Here she is. “I LOVED her!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226June 7, 2019 10:28 PM

I'm gonna see it twice more!

My husband works in the area.

by Anonymousreply 227June 7, 2019 10:31 PM

After the tragic Tonys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228June 7, 2019 10:34 PM

I hope Ruthie Ann Miles will be presenting at the Tonys.

by Anonymousreply 229June 7, 2019 10:36 PM

There's a short thread at BWW about the Anastasia affair. Some one said the actor in question had similar problems when he was in The Lion King and Little Dancer in DC.

by Anonymousreply 230June 7, 2019 10:40 PM

R208 That's great. Now if someone could find the original tv commercial for Gwen Verdon's "Children! Children!", one of the first ever for a non-musical play.

by Anonymousreply 231June 7, 2019 10:43 PM

[quote]Well, he's married to a woman and has a child, but that isn't sufficient evidence on DL.

You could have lots of children and still be bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 232June 7, 2019 10:51 PM

I believe the Anastasia actor. Theatre people can be big assholes. I did a play ten years ago where the whole cast (especially the girls) harassed me and made fun of me and all I did was stick to myself.

by Anonymousreply 233June 7, 2019 10:52 PM

Leave him alone. He's not well.

by Anonymousreply 234June 7, 2019 10:55 PM

I remember several months ago, Christy Altomare did a whole video where she went on and on about how the whole cast/crew is a big happy family. But that was only to squelch rumors that all was not well in paradise. Granted, the rumors were that she and Cody Simpsons did not get along, but she really overdid the video, IMO. Makes you think.

by Anonymousreply 235June 7, 2019 10:55 PM

[quote]I hope Ruthie Ann Miles will be presenting at the Tonys.

Hole?

by Anonymousreply 236June 7, 2019 11:01 PM

Ew, R236.

by Anonymousreply 237June 7, 2019 11:16 PM

What changed with Mack & Mabel was the revue they did two years ago. The M&M songs were the hit of the evening. Herman dipped his toe in by letting them do those numbers, and the reception it got convinced him it was time.

by Anonymousreply 238June 7, 2019 11:21 PM

Time for what?

by Anonymousreply 239June 7, 2019 11:31 PM

To to let Encores do their thing with M&M, rather than holding out for Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 240June 7, 2019 11:36 PM

I'd love for someone to reproduce the original *production* of Chicago -- sets, costumes, choreo, etc. It was fantastic and squirmingly sexy.

by Anonymousreply 241June 8, 2019 12:14 AM

I've dreamed of that for years, too, r241.

by Anonymousreply 242June 8, 2019 12:15 AM

They did something like that with Oklahoma! a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 243June 8, 2019 12:22 AM

The Chicago commercial was amazing but "Dreamgirls" was actually thrilling and made for movie theaters. We used to play it before the trailers and the staff would go in to watch it show after show.

by Anonymousreply 244June 8, 2019 12:22 AM

[quote]Leave him alone. He's not well.

Yes, R234, we keep hearing that, without any further details.

by Anonymousreply 245June 8, 2019 12:31 AM

Why hasn't "Shenandoah" been revived? Oh wait, I remember. Because it stinks.

by Anonymousreply 246June 8, 2019 12:33 AM

How lucky were we little queens growing up in the NY area and those were our daily commercials.

by Anonymousreply 247June 8, 2019 12:36 AM

[quote]They did something like that with Oklahoma! a few years back. [recreated the original production]

That was The University of North Carolina School of the Arts production conducted by John Mauceri with de Mille's choreography recreated by Gemze de Lappe.

Here's Act One. It's bit of a mixed bag but much of it is wonderful. Act Two at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248June 8, 2019 12:37 AM

I believe the Anastasia actor but nothing in his own testimony points to racism.

by Anonymousreply 249June 8, 2019 12:38 AM

Generate your own Broadway musical! (Mine was a fully nude retelling of Bluebeard set in Amsterdam during tulip mania).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 8, 2019 12:53 AM

Don't forget the fabulous "Sarava!" commercial, which seemed to run constantly during the show's short life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251June 8, 2019 1:13 AM

That Anastasia actor must be impossible to be around. He told the stage manager that she was responding to him in a certain way because of his race and he felt discriminated against. Then when she said he was saying she was racist, he is shocked and says he never said that.

No, he didn’t call her a racist, just said she discriminated against him because of his race. Why would she think that was the same thing as calling her racist? BECAUSE IT IS THE SAME THING! And then he’s all surprised that she would be upset by what he said. No wonder no one at work wants to be around him. He’s one of those people who will go to his grave never understanding why, everywhere he goes, everyone around him is so difficult.

by Anonymousreply 252June 8, 2019 1:27 AM

If this guy caused trouble in not one, but three separate productions, it seems to me that he is the problem. Id love to know what he tried at The other two shows now that we know his Anastasia story.

by Anonymousreply 253June 8, 2019 1:38 AM

R252, agreed. And I think that fool who gave the actor a forum on his blog is going to regret it big time.

by Anonymousreply 254June 8, 2019 1:39 AM

R231, wasn’t the commercial for Gemini the first one for a non-musical play?

by Anonymousreply 255June 8, 2019 1:53 AM

r250 "It's an all-singing, all-dancing dystopian retelling of 'Pride and Prejudice" that takes place in medieval Persia."

by Anonymousreply 256June 8, 2019 2:08 AM

"It's an all-singing, all-dancing doo-wop retelling of the seven dancing princesses that takes place in Laurel Canyon in 1969."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257June 8, 2019 2:53 AM

R241, those original Chicago costumes were hideous. Also, made the dancers look very unsexy.

by Anonymousreply 258June 8, 2019 2:59 AM

I always thought Gwen and Chita's costumes were most unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 259June 8, 2019 3:28 AM

Why? I don't think I've ever seen any photos of that production.

by Anonymousreply 260June 8, 2019 3:30 AM

[quote]Was Patti ever comfortable/adept in the BA choreography?

In LA she was almost incompetent, in fact, she fell on her ass on opening night. It was galling to her that her alternate, Terri Klausner, was a dancer and sailed through the number, which made her feel insecure. Same thing when Loni Ackerman opened the LA sit-down company a few months later. Loni was a hardcore dancer, and had vocal and acting gifts to match Patti’s.

by Anonymousreply 261June 8, 2019 3:35 AM

For R260.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262June 8, 2019 3:36 AM

R263, those costumes were for the original finale. They were cut on the road, and replaced with the Hot Honey Rag flapper dresses with the tassels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263June 8, 2019 3:45 AM

Interesting, R263 -- and lots of great shots of the original production at your link, too.

by Anonymousreply 264June 8, 2019 4:46 AM

[quote]Things reached their boiling on November 15, 2018. During a performance, Mr. Pierce had to change into another costume, and it required him to wear a t-shirt underneath. Finding t-shirts always seemed to be an issue which would usually result in apologies from his dresser, but the problems kept persisting. This led to Mr. Pierce having to purchase his own t-shirts and never being reimbursed for that.

Yes, that sounds unfortunate. But, one night in 2008, backstage at intermission at the the Pacific Conservatory Theatre in Santa Maria theatre's production of How To Succeed, MikeR ushered me into his dressing room and demanded to know where his dance belt was. When I finally found it, he made me hand wash it in the dressing room sink, while he lay splayed spread eagle, fully nude doing pre-show stretches while never breaking eye contact with me. As I squeezed the last bit of his sweat out of the dance belt, he laughed, winked and told me "you can keep it, kid... something to remember me by.."besides, dance belts, impede my hips," as he quickly zipped up his costume, sans dancebelt for the second act. I ended up spending the night at his apartment and discovered just how powerful his hip thrusters were.

by Anonymousreply 265June 8, 2019 5:12 AM

I have a feeling that the ratings for the Tonys will go up this year. It will be ironic if it happens. The season broke records despite only 5 new shows being blockbusters. Will Charlotte St Martin wear the same wig? Will Leslie Moonves be invited? Will they feature any non Equity road productions? How many shows will post closing notices the next day?

by Anonymousreply 266June 8, 2019 5:19 AM

Tony ratings will be down down downer.

by Anonymousreply 267June 8, 2019 5:21 AM

Will the 50th anniversary of Judy's death on June 22nd be mentioned on the Tonys?

by Anonymousreply 268June 8, 2019 5:24 AM

Why would it be, r268? She didn't really have anything to do with theatre, and they haven't mentioned 50th death anniversaries of any theatrical luminaries before.

by Anonymousreply 269June 8, 2019 6:29 AM

But they nominated two actresses for playing her in a play and musical, respectively, the latter which starred Broadway fave and former Tony host Hugh Jackman.

by Anonymousreply 270June 8, 2019 7:03 AM

So? You're being ridiculous. None of that means anything to anyone, and certainly not to Tony viewers.

by Anonymousreply 271June 8, 2019 7:07 AM

The Palace Theater would respectfully beg to disagree with r269.

by Anonymousreply 272June 8, 2019 7:21 AM

Yes, but that was the OLD Palace, before they hoisted it up on stilts and put a mega-Sephora below it.

by Anonymousreply 273June 8, 2019 7:31 AM

Sadly I agree, r273. Some years ago they "renovated" Carnegie Hall and the changes they made outside the hall proper changed the previously pristine acoustics inside.

by Anonymousreply 274June 8, 2019 7:35 AM

Actually, r274, the renovations at Carnegie Hall in 1995 discovered concrete under the stage and improved the acoustics dramatically

by Anonymousreply 275June 8, 2019 10:12 AM

God, Grind is one of the very few Broadway shows on which I walked out. Is it ever produced nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 276June 8, 2019 11:06 AM

Shenandoah was just done at serenbe in an outdoor production with taylor hicks

by Anonymousreply 277June 8, 2019 11:14 AM

It was amazing the producers made three commercials for "Shenandoah" and they were all good..."Freedom...freedom....."

by Anonymousreply 278June 8, 2019 12:54 PM

loved Rannells book, like the work he has done, witty and fun, keep up the good work u hot thang...

by Anonymousreply 279June 8, 2019 1:06 PM

ugh, the tweeky Corden hosting the show. caint he simmer down

hoping the ratings good tho, guess that's why he there.

best awardd show of em all, usually

by Anonymousreply 280June 8, 2019 1:07 PM

Judy Garland performed at the three times, the first run was extended several times. I agree that it was a long time ago, so no need for a mention.

by Anonymousreply 281June 8, 2019 1:13 PM

[quote]Some years ago they "renovated" Carnegie Hall and the changes they made outside the hall proper changed the previously pristine acoustics inside.

That's not true, and it doesn't make any sense. Where the hell did you get that weird info?

by Anonymousreply 282June 8, 2019 1:30 PM

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a production of Grind in the UK yet, at somewhere like the Southwark Playhouse or the Menier Chocolate Factory.

by Anonymousreply 283June 8, 2019 1:49 PM

The Southwark Playhouse recently did a production of Gods and Monsters, based on the film and, of course, on Christopher Bram's great book Father of Frankenstein.

Sorry not to provide and link but please look online for photos and video clips. The guy playing the Brendan Fraser role must be seen to be believed.....what a bod!

Don't know what the reception was.....hopefully it will come to NY soon.

by Anonymousreply 284June 8, 2019 2:21 PM

There are people who consider Rannalls to be hot? My stomach just turned. Must be wax enthusiasts.

by Anonymousreply 285June 8, 2019 2:22 PM

I think Grind went wildly off the rails with all of its crazy subplots, and some unnecessary numbers. Act 2 was especially insane. There's a really interesting premise though: life at an integrated burlesque house in Chicago in 1933. It had a fantastic set, superb costumes and great orchestrations. But it really tried to do way too much - there was a love story, a comic going blind, a bum who turns out to have been an IRA bomber who accidentally killed his wife and child, the little brother of Leilani Jones' character getting his new bicycle smashed up by white racists. I think Frank Rich wrote something about it being the first musical he's ever seen having a nervous breakdown in front of you.

As a side note, the Act 2 strip number, "Timing," is still one of the funniest and most outrageous numbers I think I've seen on Broadway. Up there with "Call Me," from The Best Little Whorehouse Goes Public.

by Anonymousreply 286June 8, 2019 2:26 PM

I've been managing shows my whole life and worked with Bonnie Panson and David Richards and my educated opinion is that the actor is a major pain in the ass and it has nothing to do with race.

by Anonymousreply 287June 8, 2019 2:57 PM

[quote]It was amazing the producers made three commercials for "Shenandoah" and they were all good..."Freedom...freedom..... - "

I saw the original production of "Shenandoah" and despised the "Freedom's in the State of Mind" number, one of the most contrived songs I've ever seen in a book musical. It even had a built-on encore. My friend turned to me and said, "Did you ask for an encore? I didn't ask for an encore." The only worse song in the score was John Cullum's soliloquy when his daughter his giving birth. "It's a boy!" the lyrics repeat, until someone enters to inform him that, no, it's a girl. At which point the music slows, and Cullum reflected on having a granddaughter instead of a grandson. Shameless.

by Anonymousreply 288June 8, 2019 3:00 PM

Speaking of "Grind," WHET "Minsky's?" I saw it in LA -- the very outdated Wikipedia page says that it will open in the West End in "late 2010 or early 2011."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289June 8, 2019 3:06 PM

[quote]The only worse song in the score was John Cullum's soliloquy when his daughter his giving birth. "It's a boy!" the lyrics repeat, until someone enters to inform him that, no, it's a girl. At which point the music slows, and Cullum reflected on having a granddaughter instead of a grandson. Shameless.

If you're implying that "It's a Boy" in SHENANDOAH is a rip-off of the "Soliloquy" from CAROUSEL, that's a huge stretch, because the tone of the two songs is completely different -- especially the endings. Also, "It's a Boy" is not a soliloquy, Cullumn's character is singing it to the other characters on stage. His character does have two soliloquys, called "Meditations," but "It's a Boy" is not one of them.

Just to set the record straight.

by Anonymousreply 290June 8, 2019 4:21 PM

Why is there no musical version of [italic]Single White Female?[/italic]

I'ma pissed.

by Anonymousreply 291June 8, 2019 4:28 PM

Yes, R290, I can see now how the concepts for the two numbers are entirely different.

Whatever. It's just one more mawkish song in a mawkish score filled with pastiche.

by Anonymousreply 292June 8, 2019 4:39 PM

Shenandoah was horrible. I bet it's done all over the place as some sort of family musical.

by Anonymousreply 293June 8, 2019 4:51 PM

"Shenandoah" should have a permanent production in Branson.

by Anonymousreply 294June 8, 2019 4:56 PM

As if one could even get away with calling a musical Single White Female these days. It'd have to be called Single Trans Differently Abled Person Of Color to get on stage these days. Hedy wouldn't be crazy because she's just crazy, but because the cis white patriarchy has driven her crazy.

by Anonymousreply 295June 8, 2019 4:59 PM

LOL R295 I'd probably go see that. Sure sounds more exciting than anything playing this year.

by Anonymousreply 296June 8, 2019 4:59 PM

Chernobyl, a rock opera.

The miner's chorus would be a memorable 11 o'clock number.

by Anonymousreply 297June 8, 2019 5:12 PM

I'll do the work of posting for r284

The show was in 2015

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298June 8, 2019 6:14 PM

From Shenandoah.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299June 8, 2019 8:05 PM

Donna....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300June 8, 2019 8:11 PM

Donna....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301June 8, 2019 8:12 PM

Donna....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302June 8, 2019 8:13 PM

[quote]Judy Garland performed at the three times,

So? Ethel Merman and Mary Martin were the queens of Broadway musical theatre, and no one commemorates their death anniversaries. Fuck Judy Garland. That old drunk is not deserving of a Tony tribute.

by Anonymousreply 303June 8, 2019 9:06 PM

Wow. Donna Theodore singing Abbe Lane’s big number from “Oh, Captain”! Who’d a thunk it?

by Anonymousreply 304June 8, 2019 9:11 PM

I like some of the Shenandoah score, especially “Violets and Silverbells” and “We Make a Beautiful Pair.” And Raise the Cross (which opens and closes the show) is stirring, or was, in the theatre.

The two murders (of Theodore’s character and her husband) were pretty shocking at the time.

by Anonymousreply 305June 8, 2019 9:17 PM

Donna Theodore sang I think Can't Help Loving That Man of Mine on the Carson show. She was sensational but Johnny didn't invite her to sit down which surprised me. Anybody else remember this?

Still even with her in it Shenandoah was shit.

by Anonymousreply 306June 8, 2019 9:18 PM

I saw Donna Theodore in the post-Broadway tour of “Zorba” with Anthony Quinn. She played the Leader, and she was amazing. “Life Is” was stunning.

by Anonymousreply 307June 8, 2019 9:25 PM

Cast of "Rock of Ages" lip-synching at the Belmont and displaying zero synchronized dancing.

by Anonymousreply 308June 8, 2019 9:37 PM

I saw Betsey Birmingham in the original "Don't Don't Dump That In The Sink" and her Act 4 rendition of "Oh Come On, Now" was one of the highlights of my youth.

by Anonymousreply 309June 8, 2019 9:47 PM

Her performance of “Please Tell Me That’s Chocolate” was even better, r309, particularly the high obligatto at the end.

by Anonymousreply 310June 8, 2019 10:11 PM

Not like that tricky obbligato in Pierrette, r310!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311June 8, 2019 10:19 PM

r310 how can I forget that?? It was like seeing a young Ethel Buttercream!

by Anonymousreply 312June 8, 2019 10:28 PM

I feel like the last few posts are some big eldergay in-joke. Totally lost, but I'm glad you're all having a grand time.

by Anonymousreply 313June 8, 2019 10:32 PM

I think it's a joke ABOUT eldergays and obscure, forgotten shows.

by Anonymousreply 314June 8, 2019 10:37 PM

A most satisfying show.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315June 8, 2019 11:32 PM

Join the circus!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316June 8, 2019 11:58 PM

Awwww, no Glenn!

by Anonymousreply 317June 9, 2019 12:12 AM

Fifth of July....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318June 9, 2019 12:15 AM

Sugar Babies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319June 9, 2019 12:17 AM

Here's Glenn, R317.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320June 9, 2019 12:22 AM

[quote]R309 I saw Betsey Birmingham in the original "Don't Don't Dump That In The Sink" and her Act 4 rendition of "Oh Come On, Now" was one of the highlights of my youth.

It's especially impressive as Bets was a last minute replacement for Helen Lawson, who simply could not pull off the appearance of being mother to 3 young sons at that point in her career. (The gimmick of making one bi, one gay, and one straight was really toned down in the final version.)

There are still bootleg versions of her "Gather 'Round the Chuck Round" and "My Trusty Singer" out there, though, if you look.

by Anonymousreply 321June 9, 2019 12:30 AM

It's got to be millennials pretending to be eldergays. Eldergays would be funny.

by Anonymousreply 322June 9, 2019 1:24 AM

{quote]I saw the original production of "Shenandoah" and despised the "Freedom's in the State of Mind" number, one of the most contrived songs I've ever seen in a book musical. It even had a built-on encore. My friend turned to me and said, "Did you ask for an encore? I didn't ask for an encore." The only worse song in the score was John Cullum's soliloquy when his daughter his giving birth. "It's a boy!" the lyrics repeat, until someone enters to inform him that, no, it's a girl. At which point the music slows, and Cullum reflected on having a granddaughter instead of a grandson. Shameless.

You sound like a bore.

by Anonymousreply 323June 9, 2019 1:29 AM

It was the introduction of Helen Lawson, a tired trope if there ever was one, that ruined it, r322.

by Anonymousreply 324June 9, 2019 1:30 AM

“Freedom” also sets up the murder. By that point we were thoroughly in love with the character and Donna Theodore, so when she got murdered not long after singing the jubilant “Freedom,” it was a real shock.

by Anonymousreply 325June 9, 2019 1:33 AM

You guys just want to rewrite history.

No one puts Helen in the corner!

by Anonymousreply 326June 9, 2019 1:34 AM

SHENANDOAH was just fine for what it was -- a completely non-pretentious, old fashioned, sentimental, emotionally manipulative musical based on a movie with all of those same qualities. And yes, I guess you could describe the score as "pastiche,"but no more so than lots of other musicals.

by Anonymousreply 327June 9, 2019 1:36 AM

Oh, Marin.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328June 9, 2019 1:42 AM

[quote] So? Ethel Merman and Mary Martin were the queens of Broadway musical theatre, and no one commemorates their death anniversaries. Fuck Judy Garland. That old drunk is not deserving of a Tony tribute.

The thing about Judy's death is that her funeral and burial occurred on June 28, 1969. The Stonewall raid and the first riot (the riots went on for several nights) occurred that night For years and years people kept saying the rioting occurred because we were so upset about Judy's death. Seriously. Of course we were actually upset about years of police abuse and harassment.

by Anonymousreply 329June 9, 2019 1:51 AM

Carson has a female singer spot on his shows and none of them were invited to sit down. Theodore, Jane olivor, Helen Schneider and his favorite kelly Garrett. I think he had most of them open for him in Vegas. It’s been suggested he had an affair with Donna and sure enough she got to sit in the chair on one of her last appearances.

by Anonymousreply 330June 9, 2019 1:55 AM

Another Broadway commercial.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331June 9, 2019 1:55 AM

[quote]r330 Theodore, Jane olivor, Helen Schneider and his favorite kelly Garrett.

Jane Olivor really is kind of amazing.

One of the few who walked away from it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332June 9, 2019 1:57 AM

Oh dear.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333June 9, 2019 1:59 AM

"Camp Morning Wood" had a video in their naked audience offering this morning, very hot, but it has disappeared by this evening. The bald black guy with the beard is especially gorgeously hot. Shame the video has been pulled.

by Anonymousreply 334June 9, 2019 2:13 AM

[quote]Awwww, no Glenn!

I definitely remember a TV commercial for "The Crucifer of Blood" (1978-79) in which Glenn Close appeared (with Paxton Whitehead as Sherlock Holmes), but I couldn't find it.

by Anonymousreply 335June 9, 2019 2:23 AM

I couldn't find any Kelly on Carson. You just know her Mabel would have sported a wicked flip. I saw her in the Dallas Summer production of Cabaret as Sally with George Chakiris, Lilia Skalia, and I don't remember who the Emcee was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336June 9, 2019 2:38 AM

Why exactly is Rock of Ages coming back? It was fun for what it was but I felt no need to see it again after I saw it once.

by Anonymousreply 337June 9, 2019 2:50 AM

Miss Morris.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338June 9, 2019 2:57 AM

r244

what commercial?

by Anonymousreply 339June 9, 2019 3:05 AM

I didn't understand why the eldergays were always crowing about Anita Morris until one of them posted this wonderful performance several theatre threads back. Being sexy and funny (and singing that well) simultaneously is a gift. Not to mention how she dealt with the wardrobe malfunction. Did y'all see her in anything aside from Nine?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340June 9, 2019 3:16 AM

Micah Stock totally nude in TALESOF THE CITY.

by Anonymousreply 341June 9, 2019 3:37 AM

It's sad she died at age 50.

by Anonymousreply 342June 9, 2019 3:57 AM

^^ anita morris

by Anonymousreply 343June 9, 2019 3:57 AM

I'm gay as the day is long, but Anita Morris had to be one of the most stunning, naturally sexy people I've ever seen in my life. Plus, to be so funny and have that voice! We lost a great one.

by Anonymousreply 344June 9, 2019 4:02 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345June 9, 2019 4:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346June 9, 2019 4:10 AM

Anita Morris had one lovely pussy.

by Anonymousreply 347June 9, 2019 5:22 AM

SHENANDOAH wanted to be a classic R&H show in the worst possible way, but was, alas, a pale imitation. But I gotta say: when the youngest son, presumably lost in the war, came through those church doors at curtain, hot DAMN if the show didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 348June 9, 2019 11:17 AM

These Tonys are going to be boring as hell. Tootsie, Beetlejuice, etc — really???!

Total shit this season. The first time in forever I don’t care about the Tonys. I’m guess it will be the lowest rated in a long while

by Anonymousreply 349June 9, 2019 11:23 AM

And what's wrong with pastiche? At least it was period-place-and-character appropriate for the story, unlike today's scores, which (questions of talent, taste and training aside) don't begin to capture or even suggest their historical milieu, but are put through the grinder of banal piano-pop styles (and worse) and all end up sounding the same.

by Anonymousreply 350June 9, 2019 11:32 AM

Remembering Marin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351June 9, 2019 11:36 AM

R350, Exactly. I think Rocky had one number that had any period feel. The rest was musical comedy muzak. I can't think of any period musical in the last few years that had any sense of period when it comes to the score.

by Anonymousreply 352June 9, 2019 11:36 AM

R269, Because her death 50 years ago this month played a part in the historic Stonewall riots, her sellout Palace engagements in 1952 and 1967, her portrayals in two fairly recent Broadway shows and because it's Pride Month.

by Anonymousreply 353June 9, 2019 11:52 AM

Plus her 1956 engagement at the Palace. And her 1952 Special Tony Award.

by Anonymousreply 354June 9, 2019 1:03 PM

Plus, her daughter Liza is a two-time Tony-winner.

by Anonymousreply 355June 9, 2019 1:11 PM

R&H consistently ignored period and setting when writing their scores. R350.

by Anonymousreply 356June 9, 2019 1:11 PM

R349, are you still going to watch it or will you skip it this year?

by Anonymousreply 357June 9, 2019 1:16 PM

why they not give glenda Jackson a nom????? odd huh

by Anonymousreply 358June 9, 2019 1:19 PM

Corden is the best they can do? shit we gotta watch him 5 nights a week and now this???? Corbet woullda been fab better

by Anonymousreply 359June 9, 2019 1:20 PM

wut? ^^

by Anonymousreply 360June 9, 2019 1:37 PM

[quote]Micah Stock totally nude in TALES OF THE CITY.

Well he's got to do something to keep his career going now that he's now longer the flavor of the month. Expect full nudity from Nicholas Barasch in five, four, three....

by Anonymousreply 361June 9, 2019 2:03 PM

The Tonys are today, and it doesn’t seem like anyone cares. This year’s shows, particularly the musicals, don’t seem to inspire much passion. The only musical that people seem to feel strongly about is The Prom, and even its fans know it’s quite flawed.

I think the TV ratings will reach a new low.

by Anonymousreply 362June 9, 2019 2:12 PM

Everyone who's actually involved in the business cares very much. We're all quite excited.

by Anonymousreply 363June 9, 2019 2:15 PM

Ratings may be affected by the new season of Big Little Lies, which begins tonight in prime time.

by Anonymousreply 364June 9, 2019 2:15 PM

Why does Stephanie J. Block need/use the middle initial J? Was there another Stephanie Block in Equity?

The addition of the J makes her sound like an exec at a pharma company.

by Anonymousreply 365June 9, 2019 2:29 PM

Her name is actually Stephanie Jblock, but her astrologist told her she'd have more success as Stephanie J. Block.

by Anonymousreply 366June 9, 2019 2:37 PM

[quote]r355 Plus, her daughter Liza is a two-time Tony-winner.

AND, she was brunette. Most Tony winners/attendees are, as well.

This cinches it.

by Anonymousreply 367June 9, 2019 2:42 PM

Time to bring back City of Angels.

by Anonymousreply 368June 9, 2019 2:42 PM

[quote]Her name is actually Stephanie Jblock, but her astrologist told her she'd have more success as Stephanie J. Block.

What a moron!

by Anonymousreply 369June 9, 2019 2:47 PM

[quote]Time to bring back City of Angels.

I've been saying that for several years. Why hasn't it been done?

by Anonymousreply 370June 9, 2019 2:47 PM

Because for all of its considerable virtues, that show just sits there, and it's not as much fun as it should be.

by Anonymousreply 371June 9, 2019 2:52 PM

You've got me listening to Shenandoah - and say what you will about the show, the score is better than any new score we've heard in a several seasons.

by Anonymousreply 372June 9, 2019 2:53 PM

The Tony ratings will suck this year

by Anonymousreply 373June 9, 2019 2:55 PM

How many more posts are we going to have saying the Tony ratings will suck this year? The ratings are never great. Who the hell cares?

by Anonymousreply 374June 9, 2019 3:02 PM

I agree with others that interest this year is low to non-existent; nevertheless, I went ahead and created an official thread that can be bumped later at showtime for whoever does decide to watch.

by Anonymousreply 375June 9, 2019 3:07 PM

If CBS decides to stop showing the Tonys and they move to PBS, it would be the best thing that could happen for the Broadway community and caring viewers across the world.

by Anonymousreply 376June 9, 2019 3:09 PM

[quote]But I gotta say: when the youngest son, presumably lost in the war, came through those church doors at curtain, hot DAMN if the show didn't work.

Yeah, no one saw that ending coming. The final manipulative touch in a very manipulative show.

by Anonymousreply 377June 9, 2019 3:10 PM

The original Broadway production of SHENANDOAH looked extremely cheap and ineptly designed. I'd never seen a show on Broadway that looked so bad. But then I bought the album and came to love the music.

THE WIZ (the same season) also looked horrible, in spite of what you may have heard of the great Geoffrey Holder designs. Cheap, cheap, cheap!

by Anonymousreply 378June 9, 2019 3:17 PM

I go to the theater to be manipulated. isn't that sort of the point?

by Anonymousreply 379June 9, 2019 3:18 PM

Well, you also go to the baths, the supermarket, the carwash, EVERYWHERE to be manipulated, you whore!

by Anonymousreply 380June 9, 2019 3:25 PM

People tend to forget that SHENANDOAH had a revival with John Cullum as well. I don't recall if Donna Theodore and some of the rest of the cast returned as well, but Mr. Cullum was marvy as expected.

by Anonymousreply 381June 9, 2019 3:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382June 9, 2019 3:46 PM

Has anyone gone yet to "Camp Morning Wood"? There have been a few naked audience performances announced as well.

by Anonymousreply 383June 9, 2019 4:00 PM

Idgi - is Jblock a joke or is it supposed to say Block

by Anonymousreply 384June 9, 2019 4:02 PM

Maybe that idiot Viertel can bring "City Of Angels" for Encores the year after next and cast it with all women so they can explore an entirely new concept.

by Anonymousreply 385June 9, 2019 4:09 PM

Are we starting a separate Tony thread to keeping Tony chatter in the theatre gossip threads?

by Anonymousreply 386June 9, 2019 4:16 PM

You mean like the cowboy waltz, the hoe-down, the two-step, the hymns, the calliope effect, the hornpipe, the sea shanty, the work song, the gamelan effect, the pantoum, the Gregorian chant, the landler, to name a few, r356?

by Anonymousreply 387June 9, 2019 4:27 PM

R285 I don't get it either.

by Anonymousreply 388June 9, 2019 4:41 PM

R384 I'm guessing it's a joke. Her real name i Stephanie Janette Block.

by Anonymousreply 389June 9, 2019 4:52 PM

R386, see R375.

by Anonymousreply 390June 9, 2019 4:56 PM

R369 Dionne, dear, I believe your original surname was 'Warrick.'

by Anonymousreply 391June 9, 2019 4:56 PM

As R287 notes, the use of time and place in the R & H scores is extensive.

It's often subtle, as in the rippling descending flute (?) line before each phrase of We Kiss in a Shadow. In fact, The King and I is replete with Asian atmosphere, and not only in the big ballet sequence.

Blow High, Blow Low, in Carousel, is overtly New England in sound, as is the little ditty Carrie sings in Act Two, recalling the show she saw. There are many other instances, but, again, a lot of it is suggesting rather than inhabiting pastiche. It's quite brilliant, really. The use of the pantoum in Flower Drum Song in I Am Going To Like It Here is utterly exotic, yet Rodgers does it without trying to sound Eastern in any way.

by Anonymousreply 392June 9, 2019 4:57 PM

Mistake ! Mistake! I meant to say that Carrie's ditty suggests not New England but the Broadway sound of the time.

by Anonymousreply 393June 9, 2019 4:59 PM

The examples given of R&H using place and era in their music tend to prove the point that they did not.

The examples are almost all diegetic--and pretty generic at that. There is little in the orchestration or the chord or melodic structure that suggests anything other than mid-century America. The use of a flute has nothing to do with actual southwest asian music. It is no more representative of asian music than someone hitting a gong would be. While he occasionally uses an exotic accent, those accents are always in the service of a prevailing mid-century Broadway style.

And there is nothing wrong with that. Richard Rogers wrote with his own voice rather than trying to imitate anyone else's. Composers have done this for centuries and there is no reason to ask a composer to be a ventriloquist. Just because Sondheim does it, does not mean everyone has to.

by Anonymousreply 394June 9, 2019 5:27 PM

The ratings for tonight's broadcast will be painfully low, but they will rebound next year when Hugh Jackman hosts and wins for Best Actor in a Musical for The Music Man.

by Anonymousreply 395June 9, 2019 5:34 PM

R394 is so stupid he must be Ryhog.

by Anonymousreply 396June 9, 2019 5:37 PM

And yet, there is nothing R394 says that you can dispute.

by Anonymousreply 397June 9, 2019 5:52 PM

R395, LOL who are you KIDDING? That Tony already has Aaron Tveit engraved on it. He has more charisma in his permanent glowering brow than Jackman has in his little finger. Of course I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 398June 9, 2019 5:58 PM

Anita Morris was so talented. She stood out to me in the chorus as one of the hookers in Seesaw and was dynamite in the Magic Show. Her number Sweet Revenge where she danced with swords and the boys was electric. And needless to say she was sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 399June 9, 2019 6:00 PM

[quote]r320 Here's Glenn

Gee ... why didn't she go on to bray COCO?

by Anonymousreply 400June 9, 2019 6:01 PM

I sometimes mistake Josie de Guzman for Marin Mazzie when I read her name, just because it has a Z in it : (

Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 401June 9, 2019 6:06 PM

PS: Anita Morris (upthread) died from ovarian cancer, just like Mazzie did.

by Anonymousreply 402June 9, 2019 6:08 PM

Tveit is gorgeous, but isn’t that really as far as it goes. He’s good, but not great.

by Anonymousreply 403June 9, 2019 6:12 PM

Anita Morris is hilarious in Ruthless People. The opening scene with Danny De Vito is brilliant

by Anonymousreply 404June 9, 2019 6:18 PM

Isn't the featured actor in a play category kind of a race this year? I've heard different arguments saying that that's the one category that really go either way between those five guys.

by Anonymousreply 405June 9, 2019 6:22 PM

Can whoever started a thread for tonight's show please post a link to it? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 406June 9, 2019 6:23 PM

Here you go, R406. My apologies as I should have done that earlier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407June 9, 2019 6:26 PM

That Marin tribute was lovely. I think we need to fix Jere Shea's hair, though.

by Anonymousreply 408June 9, 2019 7:03 PM

Mary!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409June 9, 2019 7:29 PM

Who knew, r389?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410June 9, 2019 7:31 PM

Anita

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411June 9, 2019 7:35 PM

Jane Olivor is a gift. To this very minute.

by Anonymousreply 412June 9, 2019 7:43 PM

Enjoyed the lengthy special section of the NYTimes today of photos of Broadway actors in their dressing rooms over the decades. Encore!

by Anonymousreply 413June 9, 2019 7:48 PM

I say this about once a year, but how -- how?! -- has Moonstruck not been turned into a musical? (I know there was a reading of an attempt at it some years ago that went nowhere.) It's got name recognition, a terrific story and a funny/moving script with the musical cues practically written in. I don't know who should write the music -- Guettel? Yazbeck? -- but. c'mon, Laura Benanti for Loretta. (Of course, once the show is written and gone through numerous workshops, she'll have aged out of the role, alas.)

by Anonymousreply 414June 9, 2019 7:56 PM

I always found the album cover of SHENANDOAH unappealing but once I got past that enjoyed most of the score. Donna Theodore was a favorite of Carson. Some point several years I ended up exchanging several emails with her husband. They seemed like very nice people.

I saw a production with Scott Bakula at Ford’s Theatre . I remember I liked it, didn’t love it. I think there were revisions (“Violets and Silverbells” went on too long). Bakula was good although Ihidden behind a beard.

by Anonymousreply 415June 9, 2019 7:56 PM

r411 - do you hear a little of Betty Buckley's timbre in Morris' voice in the clips here, like I do?

It lacks the same belt, but there's something about the tone in her lower register (?)

-- I'm kind of misusing words ... not a voice person, exactly - -

I do love her visceral performance approach at the 8:00 mark:

[quote]"I thought, wait a MINUTE, here...the only thing I KNOW is to get my motor running. I've just got to just GET MY MOTOR RUNNING and GO for it!"

by Anonymousreply 416June 9, 2019 8:01 PM

[quote]Bakula was good although hidden behind a beard.

What was her name?

by Anonymousreply 417June 9, 2019 8:02 PM

^^ meant to attach this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418June 9, 2019 8:02 PM

That song for the movie version of The Magic Show was a huge comedown from the brilliant “Charmin’s Lament” that Morris did in the stage version.

by Anonymousreply 419June 9, 2019 8:09 PM

[quote]The examples given of R&H using place and era in their music tend to prove the point that they did not. The examples are almost all diegetic--and pretty generic at that. There is little in the orchestration or the chord or melodic structure that suggests anything other than mid-century America.

You're making a generalization and trying to turn this into a black and white question, you're largely wrong. There are several non-diegitic songs in OKLAHOMA! alone that are meant to evoke a specific place and era. For THE KING AND I and FLOWER DRUM SONG, it's true that Rodgers suggested rather than imitated the sounds of those worlds, but I do think several songs in CAROUSEL have a "New England" feel to them, and I'm not sure I would call "Blow High, Blow Low" a diegetic song.

by Anonymousreply 420June 9, 2019 8:13 PM

How the trick in the Anita Morris MAGIC SHOW clip is done:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421June 9, 2019 8:17 PM

Abbie i Huh bhhuvvb hu

by Anonymousreply 422June 9, 2019 8:21 PM

r419 I never understood why so many of the songs were changed, and none for the better

by Anonymousreply 423June 9, 2019 8:28 PM

Seesaw is in need of a Broadway revival.

by Anonymousreply 424June 9, 2019 8:45 PM

But did it match Miss Garrett's, r419?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425June 9, 2019 9:13 PM

Seesaw has a truly brilliant score, but I've never seen the show live or read the book. I assume that's why it's never been revived. Maybe they could update the book a bit and save it. I'm surprised it's never been done at Encores at least.

by Anonymousreply 426June 9, 2019 9:16 PM

Seesaw has been among the most requested shows for Encores. I'm surprised they haven't done it.

by Anonymousreply 427June 9, 2019 9:19 PM

I saw Seesaw on Broadway and numerous times on tour and the book of the show is perfectly fine, certainly no reason to keep Encores from doing it. And it would obviously fun to see it now as an early 1970s period piece.

by Anonymousreply 428June 9, 2019 9:27 PM

[quote]r425 But did it match Miss Garrett's?

Watch it - there's only ONE Miss/Mrs. Garrett here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429June 9, 2019 9:28 PM

But there’s room for more than one Edna!

by Anonymousreply 430June 9, 2019 9:33 PM

I'll say!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431June 9, 2019 9:35 PM

Come live in me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432June 9, 2019 9:39 PM

Anita Morris enchanting the Rolling Stones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQh8oh0rj3s

by Anonymousreply 433June 9, 2019 9:57 PM

Seesaw has too few characters in it for Encores.

by Anonymousreply 434June 9, 2019 10:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435June 9, 2019 10:17 PM

It amazes me people are looking back on shows like Seesaw and Shenandoah with affection.

by Anonymousreply 436June 9, 2019 10:38 PM

R436 that tells you how far Broadway has fallen.

by Anonymousreply 437June 9, 2019 10:39 PM

[quote]I say this about once a year, but how -- how?! -- has Moonstruck not been turned into a musical? (I know there was a reading of an attempt at it some years ago that went nowhere.) It's got name recognition, a terrific story and a funny/moving script with the musical cues practically written in. I don't know who should write the music -- Guettel? Yazbeck? -- but. c'mon, Laura Benanti for Loretta. (Of course, once the show is written and gone through numerous workshops, she'll have aged out of the role, alas.)

There was one in development a few years ago. Henry Krieger wrote the music. I guess when it died, John Patrick Shanley kept the rights held back.

by Anonymousreply 438June 9, 2019 10:41 PM

R325, it wasn’t really a shock to anyone who had seen the film.

by Anonymousreply 439June 9, 2019 10:48 PM

What film?

by Anonymousreply 440June 9, 2019 10:52 PM

Shenandoah, r440.

by Anonymousreply 441June 9, 2019 10:57 PM

PLATOON, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 442June 9, 2019 10:58 PM

I never saw Shenandoah, but I saw the original production of Seesaw a couple of times and remember it -- or parts of it anyway -- with great affection. I was, however, in my late teens when I saw it, so unvarnished youth may color the affection. It's Not Where You Start was a true showstopper (the above clip somehow doesn't do it justice), the other tap number was a delight and then there was Michele Lee belting out her numbers. What wasn't to love for someone in their gayteens? And while I'd like to see a full production of it just for nostalgia's sake, I can't imagine numbers like Spanglish have held up.

Much of the above could also be said for Over Here!, which I also saw as a teen. I bet both would do well in full revivals as strictly limited engagements.

by Anonymousreply 443June 9, 2019 11:03 PM

Spanglish got the biggest ovation in the show when I saw it. Huge.

by Anonymousreply 444June 9, 2019 11:06 PM

Supposedly the changes made for Lucie's Seesaw tour were improvements.

by Anonymousreply 445June 9, 2019 11:08 PM

R443, “Spanglish” and “Ride Out the Storm” were both dropped in the post-Broadway your that started Lucie Arnaz and John Gavin with Tune. There was a new song, “The Party’s on Me,” which Gittel sang and that closed Act One.

Michele Lee sang it in a stock production later, and there used to be a recording of it on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 446June 9, 2019 11:09 PM

It's odd they would cut those two songs. Among the few I remember from the original production. I was an idiot not going back to see it with Gavin.

by Anonymousreply 447June 9, 2019 11:11 PM

[quote]and then there was Michele Lee belting out her numbers.

You'll pardon me if I didn't enjoy that aspect quite as much as you did.

by Anonymousreply 448June 9, 2019 11:12 PM

Lucie singing The Party’s On Me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449June 9, 2019 11:13 PM

[quote]It's odd they would cut those two songs

They cut the characters entirely. In the case of “Spanglish,” much easier to tour without a child performer.

by Anonymousreply 450June 9, 2019 11:15 PM

What is the deal with ryhog? So obnoxious that he stands out from a grossly self-involved community and he seems to be on that site 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 451June 9, 2019 11:23 PM

R420, what songs in Oklahoma are you talking about? And what do you mean by "New England feel"? Do you mean like Shaker hymns?

I think you have associations with these scores that make them evoke times and places for you--but that does not mean there is any actual musical feature that actually has a root in those times and places. If you heard the music for the first time today, you would not know what time or place they ostensibly come from.

Carousel is one of my absolute favorites, but other than Carrie's quote of a show song, there is little or nothing there that evokes the music current in the 1870s.

And Oklahoma...even if anything was evocative of cowboy songs and folk music of the time, the orchestrations pulled it out of any period feel.

One of the fun things about the revival of Oklahoma is that the arrangements sound "country." But even that is an illusion since the orchestrations draw bluegrass which originated in the 1940s and 50s.

by Anonymousreply 452June 9, 2019 11:27 PM

BORRRRRRINGGGGGGG

by Anonymousreply 453June 9, 2019 11:30 PM

Shaker hymns in New England?

by Anonymousreply 454June 9, 2019 11:33 PM

There were definitely Shakers in Massachusetts though I don't know if they settled as far north as Maine.

by Anonymousreply 455June 9, 2019 11:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456June 9, 2019 11:42 PM

Gian Carlo Esposito was the teenager who sang Spanglish and Ride Out the Storm.

I hope if Seesaw is ever revived those 2 songs would be restored.

I also loved the opening number with the 8th Ave, prostitutes My City. There's a lyric in it naming various highlights of Times Square that refers to Joe's Pier 52 because the owner of that establishment was one of the original lead producers.

Who would you cast in the Tommy Tune role today? Of course, he played an outrageously out gay homosexual, just a bit shocking on Broadway at the time.

by Anonymousreply 457June 9, 2019 11:45 PM

What's with the DL hate for BAJOUR?? It's a fun show with a fun score. I saw a production of it and it's terrific.

by Anonymousreply 458June 9, 2019 11:48 PM

There were several Shaker communities in New Hampshire.

by Anonymousreply 459June 9, 2019 11:50 PM

There was a Shaker village in Canterbury, N.H., that's now a historic site and museum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460June 9, 2019 11:51 PM

What are you talking about? Bajour is DL's favorite Broadway show.

by Anonymousreply 461June 9, 2019 11:52 PM

Still, it's not Maine.

by Anonymousreply 462June 9, 2019 11:54 PM

Well, it's Almost, Maine.

by Anonymousreply 463June 9, 2019 11:56 PM

Google is your friend.

Sabbathday Lake Shaker Village is a Shaker village near New Gloucester and Poland, Maine, in the United States. It is the last active Shaker community, with two members as of 2017. The community was established in either 1782, 1783 or 1793, at the height of the Shaker movement in the United States.

by Anonymousreply 464June 9, 2019 11:56 PM

[quote]Gian Carlo Esposito was the teenager who sang Spanglish and Ride Out the Storm.

Not quite. Esposito only sang “Spanglish.” LaMonté Peterson and Cecelia Norfleet and their backup sang “Ride Out the Storm.”

by Anonymousreply 465June 10, 2019 12:02 AM

I told this before here but I was a kid and saw "The Magic Show". It was after the show and before stage dooring was a thing and I was standing there not knowing it was the stage door and out comes Anita and almost knocks me down. She was so sweet and she grabbed me and gave me big hug and said with that southern accent, "Are you alright Honey?I'm so sorry." A cool moment I will always remember.

by Anonymousreply 466June 10, 2019 12:05 AM

Re Tonys: Why does everyone in the audience look orange?

by Anonymousreply 467June 10, 2019 12:29 AM

Was the Boys in the Band revival a hit?

by Anonymousreply 468June 10, 2019 1:35 AM

R446, I sat directly behind Lucille Ball, Gary Morton and Lucille's mother at a performance of Seesaw at Boston's Colonial Theatre. They had flown in to see Lucie Arnaz on the national tour's first stop.

by Anonymousreply 469June 10, 2019 2:54 AM

Who's gonna go see Miranda Sings on Broadway?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470June 10, 2019 3:49 AM

Lens Dunham to make her comeback in the UK premiere of Seesaw at the Menier Chocolate Factory with Julian Ovenden in the Ken Howard role and Jonathan Bailey in the Tommy Tune role.

by Anonymousreply 471June 10, 2019 3:58 AM

Ryhog and genealley, while trying at times, still aren't as obnoxious as Mockingbirdgirl and SJW/twit Singapore/Fling nearly all the time.

by Anonymousreply 472June 10, 2019 4:00 AM

Don't forget know-it-all Chromolume. Some of the replies on this thread have his stench on them, too.

by Anonymousreply 473June 10, 2019 4:02 AM

WEHT BruceMemblatt?

by Anonymousreply 474June 10, 2019 4:10 AM

Wasn't he very ill about ten years ago (maybe more)? I assumed he died.

by Anonymousreply 475June 10, 2019 4:15 AM

Hmm, I don't know, but he was one of the more prolific posters who apparently used his own name on the site.

by Anonymousreply 476June 10, 2019 4:16 AM

Was jdm the one who used to go on and on about Mother? People used to claimed Mother had been dead for years and he would snuggle up to an urine stained mattress he called Mother.

I miss Clementine. She was fucking hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 477June 10, 2019 4:52 AM

There was a fire in the restaurant Esca below Manhattan Plaza tonight.

by Anonymousreply 478June 10, 2019 5:06 AM

[quote]Lens Dunham to make her comeback in the UK premiere of Seesaw at the Menier Chocolate Factory with Julian Ovenden in the Ken Howard role and Jonathan Bailey in the Tommy Tune role.

Please tell me the Lens Dunham part of this is a sick joke.

by Anonymousreply 479June 10, 2019 5:12 AM

God, James Corden was dreadful, per usual. A panting Labrador begging you to like him. Bring back NPH or Jackman... or even Colbert would be better.

Audra looked really lovely in that white dress.. has she lost some weight?

by Anonymousreply 480June 10, 2019 5:15 AM

If Brooks Ashmanskas really did lose weight as rumored, it was clear from tonight’s Tonys that he’s gained it all back.

by Anonymousreply 481June 10, 2019 5:19 AM

Outline of a Tony acceptance speech: Thank the voters. Thank the cast and director. Thank family. Thank agents. Denounce the fact that you won and lecture everyone on who SHOULD win in the future.

by Anonymousreply 482June 10, 2019 5:20 AM

Angela hosted several times back in the 1980s and no one has ever been so good ever since.

by Anonymousreply 483June 10, 2019 10:19 AM

Damn, Voldemort looked sexy accepted the award for Boys in the Band last night... I'm not being sarcastic. Money & winning awards has made him into a hot daddy.

by Anonymousreply 484June 10, 2019 10:19 AM

Ali Stroker is such shit. Every community theater Oklahoma! I've ever seen had a better Ado Annie.

by Anonymousreply 485June 10, 2019 10:27 AM

I enjoyed Ali at the Tonys, but she didn't thank the director did she? They kept cutting to him during her speech, but she never mentioned him.

by Anonymousreply 486June 10, 2019 10:31 AM

Ali loves to screech. That doesn't make a decent performance.

by Anonymousreply 487June 10, 2019 10:38 AM

R483, I adore Angela, but her style of hosting was so old-fashioned. I suppose it was appropriate for the 80s, but it feels so dated now. What was so good about NPH was that he felt contemporary and sharp witted while simultaneously paying loving tribute to the art form. That's a delicate balance that few hosts seem to get right. I'd say Jackman, to a lesser extent, got that tone right as well.

by Anonymousreply 488June 10, 2019 11:26 AM

Yes class and style are old-fashioned.

by Anonymousreply 489June 10, 2019 11:30 AM

"Re Tonys: Why does everyone in the audience look orange?"

An attempt by CBS to appeal to the deplorables by making everyone look like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 490June 10, 2019 11:34 AM

Speaking of Anita Morris, I'm always intrigued by the ongoing relationship between Tony Perkins and Grover Dale. Both ended up married to sexy women and fathered children

by Anonymousreply 491June 10, 2019 12:17 PM

I bet nph and h Jackman co host next year

tre fab !

(ewwwww lucie arnaz…...

by Anonymousreply 492June 10, 2019 12:32 PM

Grover Dale was so hot. I bet he slept with everyone. Lucky dog. Anybody have a picture of his and Anita's son?

by Anonymousreply 493June 10, 2019 12:45 PM

Apropos of nothing......WEHT Kathleen Marshall??

10 years ago she was a mainstay on Broadway, directing and/or choreographing a lively show every season. Maybe not the most talented lady but certainly better than Scott Ellis, Rob Ashford, Jason Moore, et. al. And when she won her Tonys she never lectured the audience with women empowerment speeches.

by Anonymousreply 494June 10, 2019 1:58 PM

Ali’s problem is that she doesn’t bother to do any acting. She just closes her eyes and throws her head back, but she can’t be bothered to create a character. How funny now that she has an acting award. Must be fun for her!

by Anonymousreply 495June 10, 2019 2:05 PM

Bajour can never get past the curse of the "gypsy" which is now un-PC. And the word is all over the script and lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 496June 10, 2019 2:08 PM

My guess is that we'll see her in maybe one other show and then she'll be living at home with her parents. She doesn't have the talent needed to sustain a Broadway career.

by Anonymousreply 497June 10, 2019 2:09 PM

Actor James Badge Dale, son of Grover Dale and Anita Morris. Google "James Badge Dale shirtless" for more eye candy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498June 10, 2019 2:11 PM

I thought Josh Groban and Sarah Bareilles were the best hosts in a long time. They have great chemistry together, and Josh is incredibly charismatic. I would like to see them return.

by Anonymousreply 499June 10, 2019 2:18 PM

James Badgett Dale (his birth name) is a little thing but he shure is purty.

by Anonymousreply 500June 10, 2019 2:19 PM

Ali Stroker has a solid TV resume already and will probably continue to work as an actress/singer because she clearly has solid management and audition skills that kept her viable this long.

Ado Annie is at heart a cringeworthy character. So having pulled off the role updated and without rewrites deserves some respect. Not enough that I seriously want to go watch her in the show or anything - but I don't think anyone needs to be wringing their hands that an actress in a wheelchair got a job. She may never win another Tony but that isn't unusual for musical theater actresses. One is all you need.

by Anonymousreply 501June 10, 2019 2:43 PM

One Tony may be all you need but it ought to be deserved, not a sympathy vote.

by Anonymousreply 502June 10, 2019 2:45 PM

Hey, Jeff Richards. Yeah, you, you scumbag. Withholding all the good seats for your 90 minute play at Studio 54 and throwing Lincoln Center Theatre members crumbs. Fuck you, you prick.

by Anonymousreply 503June 10, 2019 2:52 PM

im love benjaminn walker!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 504June 10, 2019 3:00 PM

jeff groban was damn good host yes. mucho better than miss corden.

by Anonymousreply 505June 10, 2019 3:01 PM

R432 I don't know where that is, but it definitely is NOT in California.

by Anonymousreply 506June 10, 2019 3:08 PM

More shirtless James Badge(tt) Dale, please!

by Anonymousreply 507June 10, 2019 3:15 PM

James Badge Dale in 13 Hours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508June 10, 2019 3:19 PM

R452, I think songs like "Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin'", "The Surrey With the Fringe on Top," and "I Cain't Say No," "The Farmer and the Cowman" have a definite southwestern, folk-songish, "country" feel to them even in the original show with the original orchestrations, and yes, that feeling is brought out in the current production with the simpler, more country-music-type orchestrations and arrangements.

by Anonymousreply 509June 10, 2019 3:25 PM

How many people watched the Tonys on TV? Is it 10 or 12?

by Anonymousreply 510June 10, 2019 3:26 PM

I fell asleep watching the Tonys. I hate falling asleep that early because I woke up at 3:30 am, couldn't get back to sleep, and now I'm going to feel tired all day.

by Anonymousreply 511June 10, 2019 3:32 PM

R509, as said above, if you cannot point to anything musically that connect the songs to southwestern folk songs, the "feel" may be just as much from their context in the show.

A European friend always said that Surrey with a Fringe always sounds very Wiemar cabaret to her because she grew up listening to Dietrich's performance.

And you could say that Farmer and the Cowman feels like a British musical hall song with its call and response and extremely four-square melody with nearly every line of equal length and repetitive lyrics. (Compare it to Daddy Wouldn't Buy Me a Bow-Wow for example)

by Anonymousreply 512June 10, 2019 3:48 PM

R512, I simply don't agree with you. It's fine for you to have your own opinion, but please stop being so insistent that you are "right." You have become very tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 513June 10, 2019 4:09 PM

Interesting that Rudin didn't go up on stage with Boys in the Band even though he is an above the title producer

by Anonymousreply 514June 10, 2019 4:12 PM

I am sorry, R513. You were so specific that I thought you had some reason behind your opinions and was hoping to learn something.

One of the cool things about DL is that I often get insights and information that I would never get elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 515June 10, 2019 4:16 PM

[quote]You have become very tiresome.

Become?

by Anonymousreply 516June 10, 2019 4:29 PM

Wasn't the original Theater Guild production of Green Grow the Lilacs performed with interpolated folk songs? I thought so but am open to correction.

by Anonymousreply 517June 10, 2019 4:39 PM

The ability to write convincing period pastiche really seems to be a dying art. I’m honestly hard-pressed to name any shows after [italic]Annie[/italic] that even come close to getting it right.

by Anonymousreply 518June 10, 2019 4:41 PM

Wikipedia says I am correct at r517. Green Grow the Lilacs, the original stage play on which Oklahoma! was based, included traditional folk songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519June 10, 2019 4:45 PM

[quote]You were so specific that I thought you had some reason behind your opinions and was hoping to learn something.

I don't have enough technical knowledge of music to fully explain why I think those songs from OKLAHOMA! have a rural, southwestern, cowboyish, folk-song-like, "country" feel. But there's something about the melody of "Oh, What a Beautiful' Morning" that definitely gives me that feeling, not to mention the simplicity and the repetition in the lyrics. "The Surrey With the Fringe On Top," as many others have noted, has that wonderful rhythm that seems to imitate the clip-clopping of horses's hooves. And, to my ears, "The Farmer and the Cowman" has a very obvious country-dance feel, rather than anything resembling a "British music hall" feel. P.S. That song does not have any "call and response" in it., so I don't know what you're referring to.

[quote]The ability to write convincing period pastiche really seems to be a dying art. I’m honestly hard-pressed to name any shows after Annie that even come close to getting it right.

Seriously? I think HAIRSPRAY is very convincing period pastiche. And, actually, lots of other shows since ANNIE have had scores that are entirely or partly pastiche, such as URINETOWN

by Anonymousreply 520June 10, 2019 4:49 PM

R520, I remembered the song incorrectly. I thought there was a part where one half of the chorus sings and the other half responds.

And I agree. Hairspray and Urinetown are great pastiche. And it is not Broadway, but Little Shop is a popular show with good pastiche. And recently, The Bands Visit also has great pastiche.

But again, I do not think there is anything wrong with a songwriter writing in their own voice. (Which was where this started.) Matching period style is nice, but just because something takes place in period does not mean it has to sound like that period.

by Anonymousreply 521June 10, 2019 4:58 PM

Urinetown and Hadestown are very irritating, cutesy titles.

by Anonymousreply 522June 10, 2019 5:08 PM

[quote]Urinetown and Hadestown are very irritating, cutesy titles.

I don't agree about HADESTOWN. And as for URINETOWN, considering that the whole show is a spoof and a pastiche of a style of theater that was largely satirical to begin with, I think you're missing the point when you refer to the title can as cutesy and irritating.

by Anonymousreply 523June 10, 2019 5:25 PM

Sorry, "... when you refer to the title as cutesy and irritating.""

by Anonymousreply 524June 10, 2019 5:28 PM

RAGTIME has a lot of lovely pastiche music.

by Anonymousreply 525June 10, 2019 6:26 PM

Is it wrong that I want Damon Daunno to fuck me? Anybody know if he’s gay? I’m a sucker for a tall, slightly goofy guy with his type of hair.

by Anonymousreply 526June 10, 2019 6:27 PM

Damon Daunno is very hot.

by Anonymousreply 527June 10, 2019 7:00 PM

I wish Damon was on Instagram... it’s hard to find any sexy pics of him. I’d be forever grateful if anybody knows of a shirtless pic and would post it here.

by Anonymousreply 528June 10, 2019 7:08 PM

The acceptance speech for Oklahoma was absurd. Since when is this show about the tragedy of not welcoming an outsider? Jud stalks Laurie nightly and his purchasing the Little Wonder doesn’t suggest a good person, minimally. He’s the villain of the story because the book tells us. Lonely Room makes him more interesting, but he’s not simply misunderstood. I hate Wokelahoma.

by Anonymousreply 529June 10, 2019 7:19 PM

The Tonys displayed that Bway has become a tub of shit for lots of money

by Anonymousreply 530June 10, 2019 7:41 PM

R 529, they had to include that explanation for the SJWs who are pretty much the only ones who go to shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 531June 10, 2019 7:45 PM

Tootsie is VIOLENCE AGAINST TRANS!!!

by Anonymousreply 532June 10, 2019 7:48 PM

LITERALLY, R532! YOU FORGOT LITERALLY!

by Anonymousreply 533June 10, 2019 7:53 PM

[quote]James Badgett Dale (his birth name) is a little thing but he shure is purty.

He’s not that small. His height is 5’10

by Anonymousreply 534June 10, 2019 7:57 PM

[quote]Is it wrong that I want Damon Daunno to fuck me? Anybody know if he’s gay?

Ask his girlfriend who came to the Tonys with him.

by Anonymousreply 535June 10, 2019 8:01 PM

^^^^ Oh no! Oh well, too bad he’s not gay. I think he’s so damn cute.

by Anonymousreply 536June 10, 2019 8:06 PM

I don't think 5'10 is short. I would say it's an average good height. But with Dale as father I would have expected him to be taller. Anybody know how tall Morris was? She looks incredibly leggy but that can be deceiving with heels and costumes.

I saw 9 later in the run with Sergio Franchi and she was still absolute dynamite.

by Anonymousreply 537June 10, 2019 8:38 PM

Nathan Lane jokes with mother who brought young son to show:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538June 10, 2019 8:45 PM

[quote]But with Dale as father I would have expected him to be taller

Why? His dad is 6’0. He’s two inches shorter. That’s not unusual.

by Anonymousreply 539June 10, 2019 10:01 PM

R529 speaks truth. I saw Ted Chapin up there with the whole Wokelahoma gang when they won, and I just thought Rodgers and Hammerstein would be sick over what he allowed to be done to the show.

by Anonymousreply 540June 10, 2019 10:04 PM

[quote]And, actually, lots of other shows since ANNIE have had scores that are entirely or partly pastiche

Steel Pier has a few period pastiche numbers in it. So does The Drowsy Chaperone.

by Anonymousreply 541June 10, 2019 10:06 PM

[quote]r443 I never saw Shenandoah

To be expected. I think it's really only notable for being Katharine Ross' debut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542June 10, 2019 10:16 PM

But no Pistache, r541!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543June 10, 2019 10:16 PM

I don't understand why every backer, producer, janitor is allowed on stage after a show wins. Only the actors and director should be .

by Anonymousreply 544June 10, 2019 10:28 PM

[quote] Only the actors and director should be .

Just as with the Oscars, the award goes to the PRODUCER(S), not the actors or the director.

by Anonymousreply 545June 10, 2019 10:42 PM

That song belongs to the incomparable goddess Darlene Edwards, R543 .

Patti needn't even bother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546June 10, 2019 10:45 PM

So. Brooks Ashmanskas' boyfriend is cute. Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 547June 10, 2019 11:54 PM

R547, photo please.

by Anonymousreply 548June 11, 2019 12:04 AM

Here you go, R548.

If you rewatch Beetlejuice's performance he's the poor soul to whom Alex Brightman handed a bucket of popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 549June 11, 2019 12:17 AM

Oops, HERE you go, R548.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550June 11, 2019 12:17 AM

Oklahoma's producer seems like a smug thing

by Anonymousreply 551June 11, 2019 12:20 AM

Ummm... Has everyone seen the video Jordan Roth just put up on twitter about his Tony outfit? Ummmm.... ummmm.... ummm...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552June 11, 2019 1:39 AM

Oh, look! David Mamet wrote another "comic" play--this time about Harvey Weinstein!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553June 11, 2019 1:55 AM

[quote]Oklahoma's producer seems like a smug thing

Oh, I didn’t think she seemed smug. That would be Daniel Fish, the director. Although he looked like a real Debbie Downer last night, but it was probably his way of showing he was above a cheap awards show.

by Anonymousreply 554June 11, 2019 2:16 AM

What shows will post closing notices now? PROM's grosses and average ticket price have actually been slowly climbing over the past month or so--but is it enough? Don't see how BE MORE CHILL can possibly stay open past this month. BEETLEJUICE and CHER SHOW will probably be okay through the summer with the tourist crowd.

by Anonymousreply 555June 11, 2019 2:18 AM

[quote]think it's really only notable for being Katharine Ross' debut.

Well, that and the novelty of seeing super-hawk Jimmy Stewart play a pacifist.

by Anonymousreply 556June 11, 2019 2:18 AM

Brooks looked fatter than ever last night.

by Anonymousreply 557June 11, 2019 2:24 AM

He was at his fattest during Sunday in the Park with George. He's back to his Something Rotten weight now. Get it right, R557.

by Anonymousreply 558June 11, 2019 2:37 AM

Timothy Hughes has a jack off video?

by Anonymousreply 559June 11, 2019 2:39 AM

If so, R559, someone please post a link!

by Anonymousreply 560June 11, 2019 3:08 AM

R491, Tony married Berry, not Marisa, Berenson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561June 11, 2019 3:46 AM

If an actor claims 5ft10, he's really 5ft8.

by Anonymousreply 562June 11, 2019 3:47 AM

Berry Berenson died on 9/11. One of the planes that hit the WTC.

by Anonymousreply 563June 11, 2019 4:05 AM

[quote]r561 Tony married Berry, not Marisa, Berenson.

After living in her sister's shadow for decades, Berry was probably thrilled to marry a movie star ... even if he was a freak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564June 11, 2019 4:29 AM

[quote]If an actor claims 5ft10, he's really 5ft8.

You’ve clearly never seen James Badge Dale in a film. He’s not 5’8. I’m surprised to learn he’s 5’10, because he looks taller.

by Anonymousreply 565June 11, 2019 5:15 AM

R565 do you think James Badge Dale misses his mom?

by Anonymousreply 566June 11, 2019 5:22 AM

The Lion King is LITERALLY KILLING LIONS!!

by Anonymousreply 567June 11, 2019 7:05 AM

Who thought that video was a good idea???

by Anonymousreply 568June 11, 2019 8:43 AM

James Badge Dale is stunning, Mom would be so proud. Surprised nobody has mentioned Anita in 'Hotel New Hampshire'.

Great character, great blowjobs.

You bitches are slipping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569June 11, 2019 9:56 AM

Does Jordan have anyone advising him? Does Richie think this is a good idea?

I'm trying to imagine Jimmy Nederlander doing a video about his tuxedo

by Anonymousreply 570June 11, 2019 10:22 AM

R550, cute? He looks like Slappy the ventriloquist dummy.

by Anonymousreply 571June 11, 2019 10:37 AM

I don't think Jordan gives a shit what people think. He's rich.

by Anonymousreply 572June 11, 2019 11:50 AM

My friend was James Badge Dale’s stand-in on The Departed and Rubicon. He’s 5’10”. But it is true that a lot of actors who are 5’9” lie and say they’re 5’10” or 5’11”.

by Anonymousreply 573June 11, 2019 12:14 PM

I don't know if Jordan Roth is transitioning but I think it's safe to say that he is a full-blown transvestite, albeit one with a great deal of money and connections.

I know his mother Daryl Roth is very liberal-minded and yet I can't imagine she approves of his very public shenanigans. His father billionaire Steve (tRump friend) Roth must be furious.

Husband Richie Jackson must miss his ex BD Wong but, at least he has the Roth billions to console him.

And if you want Theatre Gossip #359, weren't Richie and Jordan involved in some sex scandal on the Nurse Jackie set when Richie was managing Edie Falco?

by Anonymousreply 574June 11, 2019 2:09 PM

Isn't R mostly living out of a suitcase, though?

by Anonymousreply 575June 11, 2019 2:25 PM

Poor John McMartin.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576June 11, 2019 2:34 PM

Yes, R574, they were in a throuple with extra Anthony who blabbed about it all over the set until Edie caught wind of it and fired Jackson as both her manager and producer of her show. She couldn’t believe that this piece of shit was using his relationship with Jackson (and Roth) to lord it over the other stand-ins and extras, threatening to call Richie and get them replaced if they didn’t kowtow to him.

by Anonymousreply 577June 11, 2019 2:45 PM

[quote]r577 She couldn’t believe that this piece of shit was using his relationship with Jackson (and Roth) to lord it over the other stand-ins and extras, threatening to call Richie and get them replaced if they didn’t kowtow to him.

I love the image of this.

by Anonymousreply 578June 11, 2019 2:49 PM

r576, that is an insert that was in Playbills during the pre-production period of FOLLIES and before the role of Benjamin Stone was cast with John McMartin. I think I kept a copy of it....must look!

I believe the costume sketch of the Follies girl is signed by Costume Designer Florence Klotz but was actually a vintage rendering from an actual Ziegfeld Follies show and this costume does not appear in FOLLIES.

I always wonder which faded male stars they considered before they settled on John McMartin, who did not have the nostalgic pedigree of his co-stars. John Payne, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 579June 11, 2019 2:52 PM

Was this after Richie was fired from his agency for watching porn in the workplace? Of course, he must have been doing more than just "watching" porn to have been fired.

by Anonymousreply 580June 11, 2019 3:03 PM

I think that both Sondheim and Prince were keen to get McMartin from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 581June 11, 2019 3:13 PM

I thought Jon Cypher was chosen originally.

by Anonymousreply 582June 11, 2019 3:23 PM

He was, r582.

by Anonymousreply 583June 11, 2019 3:25 PM

How lucky he was replaced.

by Anonymousreply 584June 11, 2019 3:27 PM

Outrage!

BE MORE CHILL fans are swarming over social media: when James Corden did his satirical version of "Michael In The Bathroom" at the TONYs, he neglected to mention the actual song, the show, or Joe Iconis, the songwriter. Not at all helpful for a show already overlooked for nominations and struggling for exposure.

I'm not a BMC fan, but they're right. The oversight was stupid and rude.

by Anonymousreply 585June 11, 2019 3:48 PM

James Corden has built a career on being stupid and rude.

by Anonymousreply 586June 11, 2019 3:51 PM

....and fat.

by Anonymousreply 587June 11, 2019 3:54 PM

....and fat.

by Anonymousreply 588June 11, 2019 3:55 PM

[quote] I'm not a BMC fan, but they're right. The oversight was stupid and rude.

I agree. I can't imagine why they didn't credit it at all. I also don't understand how Joe Iconis had no idea about it. Wouldn't he or his people have had to clear the usage?

by Anonymousreply 589June 11, 2019 4:16 PM

Do we have to keep pretending that Jordan Roth is anything more than a rich kid playing artist?

by Anonymousreply 590June 11, 2019 4:19 PM

[quote]I don't think Jordan gives a shit what people think. He's rich.

If he didn't "give a shit" what people think of how he looks, he wouldn't call attention to himself with his ridiculous grooming and wardrobe. People who don't care what other people think of them don't dress and groom themselves so oddly. Although it may be true that he's fine with people hating and/or being shocked by how he looks, as long as they pay attention to him, as he's obviously a narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 591June 11, 2019 4:50 PM

Jordan needs/wants to feel edgy. He eschewed becoming his father's heir to be a gay theater producer, but that is not as edgy anymore, so now he is a trans theater producer. Who knows what will be next.

by Anonymousreply 592June 11, 2019 4:57 PM

Next thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593June 11, 2019 5:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594June 11, 2019 5:37 PM

[quote]My friend was James Badge Dale’s stand-in on The Departed and Rubicon

What did he says about him? Did he like him? Did he blow him?

by Anonymousreply 595June 11, 2019 6:17 PM

~Getting to blow you~

by Anonymousreply 596June 11, 2019 6:26 PM

So no one's gonna step up and "Bajour!" this to the end?

by Anonymousreply 597June 11, 2019 6:35 PM

R597’s lookin’ for the Big Bajour!

by Anonymousreply 598June 11, 2019 6:39 PM

Buttrio Square!

by Anonymousreply 599June 11, 2019 6:40 PM

Be More Chill!

by Anonymousreply 600June 11, 2019 6:40 PM

Drat! The Cat!

by Anonymousreply 601June 11, 2019 6:40 PM

Goodtime Charley!

by Anonymousreply 602June 11, 2019 6:42 PM

The Lady Comes Across!

by Anonymousreply 603June 11, 2019 6:43 PM

Oh! Oh! Nurse!

by Anonymousreply 604June 11, 2019 6:44 PM

This was fun. And certainly more entertaining than anything Corden did on the broadcast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 605June 11, 2019 11:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!