Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Project Runway on Bravo - Part 4

Down to the final five!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594May 12, 2020 9:10 PM

Sebastian for the win! Tessa for a clerkship at Bullocks!

by Anonymousreply 1May 28, 2019 11:07 AM

I hope that CunTessa goes home next.

I really hate seeing her fat scowling face.

by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2019 2:54 PM

Predict who will go home this week: Garo. SJW demands two black men and two women, one a lesbian and the other abused ( victim of men).

by Anonymousreply 3May 29, 2019 4:38 AM

There is only one black man left, smart ass.

by Anonymousreply 4May 29, 2019 6:12 AM

At this point, Sebastian is the only one who I want to win.

Everyone else sucks.

by Anonymousreply 5May 29, 2019 7:07 AM

Tessa is only one more molestation from a mediocre career.

by Anonymousreply 6May 29, 2019 7:11 AM

Tessa wouldn't be half as objectionable, if she wasn't such a fucking TWAT.

by Anonymousreply 7May 29, 2019 7:12 AM

Does Tessa's pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 8May 29, 2019 9:24 AM

No but Sebastian's does.

by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2019 9:40 AM

Yes, like bad lox.

by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2019 9:40 AM

Producers surely won’t allow Tessa to win after she lied to the judges about what her client wanted

by Anonymousreply 11May 29, 2019 9:58 AM

I said pink, like your beef curtains bitch!

by Anonymousreply 12May 29, 2019 10:08 AM

Hester for the win.

by Anonymousreply 13May 29, 2019 1:02 PM

When the identified narrative on Hester was how she was kicked out of school because of being somehow 'misunderstood' as a designer, that to me cemented that she'd be F3 for sure. She should never win over someone like Sebastian, though.

by Anonymousreply 14May 29, 2019 1:06 PM

Could the person obsessed with Tessa’s genitals please shut the hell up? Every single thread and every other comment is the same thing. WE GET IT. WE KNOW YOU HATE TESSA AND THINK SHES A CUNT. No need to repeat it 300 times. Fucks sake.

Anyway honestly all these designers are bottom barrel. I haven’t been impressed yet, besides maybe the challenge in the woods. That had some cool designs.

by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2019 7:22 PM

Once again, producing fashion was not the main purpose of this season.

by Anonymousreply 16May 29, 2019 7:28 PM

SEBASTIAN WAS THE MAIN PURPOSE OF THIS SEASON!!!!

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2019 7:38 PM

Corset boy needs to go home tonight.

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2019 12:49 AM

OH NO - SEBASTIAN SAYS HES GIVING UP!!

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2019 1:18 AM

Sebastian can move to Miami and design for Drag Queens. He's a skilled dressmaker.

by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2019 1:21 AM

My two faves are fallung apart!

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2019 1:35 AM

Do you mean Garo r20?

The drag queen thing is his whole aesthetic.

by Anonymousreply 22May 31, 2019 1:40 AM

Oh, no...”influencers.”

by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2019 2:01 AM

This is the stupidest show...Oy...

by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2019 2:04 AM

These all SUCK.

by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2019 2:10 AM

The men are fine. I think one of the girls is in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 26May 31, 2019 2:10 AM

" Now I understand why you have produced unfinished shit."

by Anonymousreply 27May 31, 2019 2:10 AM

Cardi B. just became famous yesterday and she’s already acting like A Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 28May 31, 2019 2:12 AM

Tessa would produce the dullest collection/show...

by Anonymousreply 29May 31, 2019 2:19 AM

Doing a walk through of their seasons work was such a smart addition. This reboot has made some smart changes.

by Anonymousreply 30May 31, 2019 2:24 AM

Tessa needs to go.

She’s boring compared to the others.

by Anonymousreply 31May 31, 2019 2:25 AM

It’s Hester the Rainbow Girl and the Rainbow Boys (one black, one brown, one Mediterranean).

by Anonymousreply 32May 31, 2019 2:30 AM

You got your wish r31.

by Anonymousreply 33May 31, 2019 2:31 AM

Tessa definitely has a place in Lesbian Elderwear.

by Anonymousreply 34May 31, 2019 2:32 AM

I chocked on my drink when they said five MONTHS, what a complete change of the 5 weeks Project Runway had been giving them.

That's a return to seasons 1-4 collection time.

by Anonymousreply 35May 31, 2019 2:33 AM

Well she was boring, from her color palette to her blocky, minimalistic outfits.

by Anonymousreply 36May 31, 2019 2:36 AM

I do think Tessa has talent, but her fashion aesthetic is pretty limited. You know what you are going to get from a Tessa collection, and it won't be a very exciting show.

This was a fun episode, and I have only been able to say that about so many episodes this season.

by Anonymousreply 37May 31, 2019 2:44 AM

Glad Sebastian advanced, though the clothes they showed didn’t make me feel good. They looked a mess.

I’m thinking Garo will win it all. 🤷🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 38May 31, 2019 2:45 AM

[quote]Glad Sebastian advanced, though the clothes they showed didn’t make me feel good. They looked a mess.

You mean his outfits from the season? Sebastian is literally the only contestant that was never put in the bottom 3, he has more consistent quality in his line up than anybody else.

by Anonymousreply 39May 31, 2019 2:49 AM

No, the bits they showed from when Christian went to visit the designers.

by Anonymousreply 40May 31, 2019 2:57 AM

Kardi B adds so much.

Said no one.

by Anonymousreply 41May 31, 2019 3:08 AM

Cardi F.

by Anonymousreply 42May 31, 2019 4:53 AM

Even when he doesn't try, Sebastian is in the top. He should win.

Garo is too old to win.

Hester is too up and down.

And Bishme is too unpolished.

Surprisingly, this is the first season where I think that the judges actually got the finale right. Now they just have to choose the right winner: Sebastian.

by Anonymousreply 43May 31, 2019 6:07 AM

Color me shocked that Elaine was heaping praise on Garo, and criticizing Bishme.

I think she might actually have a crush on Garo.

by Anonymousreply 44May 31, 2019 6:08 AM

Tessa, don't think of this as a loss. It's the unfinished hem of your life.

by Anonymousreply 45May 31, 2019 6:20 AM

I thought that Tessa and her entitlement would have made it to the finale, for sure.

Perhaps this really IS a new Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 46May 31, 2019 6:22 AM

Garish Garo and Seamstress Sebastian are miles above the competition. It’s just that this is the Trump era so I felt compelled to “Don” them bullying nicknames.

by Anonymousreply 47May 31, 2019 6:32 AM

They said it themselves. Sebastian constructs clothes. His dress was technically difficult but hideous. As was his room. What kind of creative person cannot envision an environment or artistic installation to enhance their work or point of view? Sebastian lacks vision and imagination. Greek statue, because the dress was heavy enough to stand on its own. Not for the first time he borrowed a construction and design idea from a previous designer but had no feel for the beauty and flow of the garment.

Leanne did this kind of structural wave work in one of the best runway collections in PR history. She was a plain woman working variations of a high concept, but with real music and lovely emotion in her impeccable work. Seabiscuit the seamstress just sews. I'm not suggesting they are the same designs. Leanne Marshall is so much more innovative and skilled than Sebastian. She's very successful still.

With 5 months to prepare, this is Hester or Bishme's season to win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 31, 2019 9:53 AM

Oh please. Leanne put those folded pleats everywhere. Sebastian did it on this challenge only. Some other designs may have involved layered or repetitive blocking, but in completely different ways. And then some other designs were just beautiful, well-made clothes.

Can’t wait to see what he comes up with in five months. And I can assure you it won’t be a whole bunch of corsets or folded petals.

by Anonymousreply 49May 31, 2019 10:45 AM

R48 Sebastian's work also made me think of Leanne. She and her partner were the most plain looking and plainly dressed people I've ever seen but god was that collection gorgeous and because of that her season is the season I remember most clearly. Her current work is interesting too.

After seeing how Sebastian panicked during this episode I'm on the fence on whether he can actually deliver on his potential.

by Anonymousreply 50May 31, 2019 11:11 AM

Actually, R48, I think the 5 month prep time will hurt Hester. She may overthink everything and produce a ghastly array of circus outfits. But we'll see. I think when she pulls back a bit, she produces some very interesting stuff.

by Anonymousreply 51May 31, 2019 11:17 AM

Leanne didn't use those pleats in all her designs throughout the season, it was really just a motif in her collection. And yes her collection is easily one of the best in PR history.

[quote] As was his room. What kind of creative person cannot envision an environment or artistic installation to enhance their work or point of view?

I agree. I like Sebastian a lot, but it does say something that he didn't have any sort of creative vision for his room. You'd expect these creative types to have more imagination and vision that he displays.

[quote]No, the bits they showed from when Christian went to visit the designers.

Showing that Sebastian is struggling in the preview though, makes me think he turns it around and might end up winning. I mean that is how editing these type of reality TV show tends to go.

by Anonymousreply 52May 31, 2019 11:30 AM

Garo's dress last night was definitely the best. It was gorgeous.

Sebastian's dress was good but the fabric was too dull and his room was awful

Bishme's dress was the culmination of his season long vision. That was good.

Hester's room was gorgeous--her clothes were ugle.

Tessa was awful on both.

by Anonymousreply 53May 31, 2019 11:44 AM

Gorgeous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 31, 2019 11:54 AM

For some reason I'm reminded of some opera that I have seen. Maybe Aida.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 31, 2019 11:57 AM

Wait a minute... Tessa used colors other than black and gray?

by Anonymousreply 56May 31, 2019 12:46 PM

Bishme’s design was tacky. His taste level seems to fluctuate wildly. That said, given the bent of this show, he will most likely win. The only episode that Sebastian shouldn’t have won was the absurd nature challenge. His design aesthetic, construction skills and fabric choices are far superior to the others. His labeling of seamstress by one on this thread is laughable...

by Anonymousreply 57May 31, 2019 12:49 PM

How do you sit in this? It's just not practical.... too Judy Jetson...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 31, 2019 1:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 31, 2019 2:10 PM

R58

Huh? We saw her sitting in it last night.

by Anonymousreply 60May 31, 2019 2:17 PM

YOU saw her sitting in it last night. I have yet to see the show. The dress/gown is still too Jetson-like

by Anonymousreply 61May 31, 2019 2:22 PM

Who cares if you can sit or not?

by Anonymousreply 62May 31, 2019 3:06 PM

I haunt your dreams!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 31, 2019 3:08 PM

"With 5 months to prepare, this is Hester or Bishme's season to win."

In 2019, POC trumps lesbian white woman. Congratulations to Bishme!

by Anonymousreply 64May 31, 2019 3:10 PM

I looked on the Project Runway subreddit and they seem convinced Garo is straight, which blows my mind.

by Anonymousreply 65May 31, 2019 3:17 PM

It reminds me of Dmitry, his sexuality was never clarified so it leads people to debate. But with Garo (as with Dmitry also), I think the answer is pretty clear.

by Anonymousreply 66May 31, 2019 3:28 PM

[quote]How do you sit in this? It's just not practical....

You can remove pieces, silly! They kept showing that as the beauty of it all.

by Anonymousreply 67May 31, 2019 5:24 PM

How do you sit in Sebastian's hideous dress? It looks like something you change in your vacuum cleaner.

Garo really pulled through. Yes it was costumey. Of the highest order. But it was also delicate and lovely, clean but intricate. His corsetry with the futuristic look was genius and camp. The room displayed his greater experience and theatrical imagination, just as the Rocket Man challenge did. He absolutely deserved the win. They only pretended to think it over.

by Anonymousreply 68May 31, 2019 6:34 PM

Sebastian's outfit was better r68. You'll notice both guest judges immediately picked him. But I agreed with Garo for the win given the room part of the challenge.

by Anonymousreply 69May 31, 2019 6:50 PM

R63’s pic looks like one of those marionette Thunderbird characters that used to give me nightmares when I was a child in the 1960’s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 31, 2019 7:06 PM

How cute was Sebastian's consultant, Renato Dicent!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 31, 2019 7:10 PM

But Garo kissed his consultant.

by Anonymousreply 72May 31, 2019 7:19 PM

Girl please Garo is not straight. Didn’t you hear him clicking his rings on one of his talking heads moments?

by Anonymousreply 73May 31, 2019 7:40 PM

I wish they could have given more time to the design consultants of both the T-Shirts and the sets. I thought it was interesting how they just listened to the contestants and were able to bring a vision to reality. You would think the contestants would have the same type of listening skills.

by Anonymousreply 74May 31, 2019 7:47 PM

Ashton Blount (Garo's consultant) is high end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 31, 2019 7:52 PM

Garo has designed dozens of dresses for Amanda Lepore.

by Anonymousreply 76May 31, 2019 11:24 PM

Not that this means anything, but I think Garo is straight. Rings be damned.

by Anonymousreply 77May 31, 2019 11:27 PM

Honey, his ass has more entries than a $300 million Lotto.

by Anonymousreply 78May 31, 2019 11:29 PM

Garo is “the current resident designer for New York production company Screaming Queens Entertainment.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 31, 2019 11:41 PM

Maybe Garo can give Sebastian a job?

by Anonymousreply 80May 31, 2019 11:43 PM

Hand or blow?

by Anonymousreply 81June 1, 2019 12:08 AM

[quote]Not that this means anything, but I think Garo is straight. Rings be damned.

Be honest, you're a woman aren't you.

by Anonymousreply 82June 1, 2019 2:15 AM

R77

What does Garo wearing rings have to do with whether he's gay or not. That doesn't make any sense.

by Anonymousreply 83June 1, 2019 1:04 PM

Only if it's a cock ring.

by Anonymousreply 84June 1, 2019 1:10 PM

I think his designing for drag queens is confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 85June 1, 2019 2:54 PM

He may be fronting as straight now, but anyone in the 90s NYC club scene knows he's bi or gay. Those dicks and mouths weren't even trans, OK?

by Anonymousreply 86June 1, 2019 3:09 PM

Garo has never once "fronted as straight" in the show, he has embraced his inner queen pretty hardcore. Some people (mainly women I assume?) just chose to believe he is for reasons I don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 87June 1, 2019 3:11 PM

I'm a little up in the air about Garo. I thought that somewhere I read that he had a wife and a child BUT I could be very mistaken and confusing him with someone else--especially since I can't find what I thought I read again. However, Garo has had a rather successful (or. higher-profiled) career. He had his own television show, etc. How did he qualify for this contest?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 1, 2019 3:48 PM

Rami Kashou was a fairly successful, high profile designer who went on Project Runway. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 89June 1, 2019 3:50 PM

Just like Food Network Star, contestants varied from home cooks and bloggers to those that owned successful restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 90June 1, 2019 3:51 PM

[quote]What does Garo wearing rings have to do with whether he's gay or not. That doesn't make any sense.

Someone above mentioned that Garo wears a lot of rings, which implies something. Which I don't agree with. I just think he's straight. It doesn't matter to me either way.

by Anonymousreply 91June 1, 2019 3:53 PM

I like and agree with a comment that I heard about Tessa from the Gold Derby editors Daniel Montgomery and Susan Wloszczyna:

"Tessa, puts pieces together. She doesn't make dresses."

by Anonymousreply 92June 1, 2019 4:29 PM

Speaking of Garo, he made Aquaria's look for the drag race finale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 1, 2019 4:29 PM

R88 I was sure he was gay but I've been wondering if he has kids since a couple of episodes ago there was one photo where he was infront of his store with two kids and there was a familiarity to their body language that made them look like they were his kids. Maybe we'll find out in the next episode during the home visit.

by Anonymousreply 94June 1, 2019 4:34 PM

[quote] I looked on the Project Runway subreddit and they seem convinced Garo is straight, which blows my mind.

Garo clearly had a crush on Ashton, the guy who designed his room. He was fawning all over Ashton, who admittedly, is very cute.

The one who I can't really tell if he is gay or not, is Venny the Accountant. I'm guessing he's gay, but he is harder to figure out. Bishme is a little bit eaiser to tell that he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 95June 1, 2019 5:29 PM

I think Garo is bi. He pings but I can see him with both men and women.

by Anonymousreply 96June 1, 2019 11:34 PM

[quote]The one who I can't really tell if he is gay or not, is Venny the Accountant. I'm guessing he's gay, but he is harder to figure out. Bishme is a little bit eaiser to tell that he's gay.

[quote]It doesn't matter to me either way.

It shouldn't matter but then again it does matter. I believe that life wouldn't be an 1/8th as fabulous as it is were it not for the gays. Gay people seem to just be much more naturally creative than those who are not. However, is that a factual truth, or is it because gays were not accepted in many other areas and they were pushed/forced into the creative arts? I don't want to see certain professions defined as "gay" ie hairstylist, fashion designer, makeup artist, interior designer, etc. But, what I do want to see and acknowledged is if an individual excels in their creative work, and if they are gay, that it is something that is celebrated. Bottom line, I just want to see the creative arts much more respected and appreciated than they are.

By pigeon-holing certain professions/jobs as being "gay" will stifle many people who are gifted creatively. I can only imagine the difficulties that a Venny and a Bishme had growing up as Black males, who loved fashion and sewing dresses for women, given the homophobic attitude of the Black community--particularly the Black church. Their exposure and the level that they are reaching will hopefully give other young Black males (whether gay or not) the inspiration and motivation to pursue their creative inclinations.

But, I have personally found many of these designers inspirational. Sonia and Renee were examples of; "It's never too late to live your dreams." Rakan,(given his horrible circumstances in Syria), is an example of perseverance and LIVING life. Kovid, is a testament to how truly happy a person can be when they can be. Tessa, is a tribute to that quirky, maybe "off rhythm" personality. On and on...

by Anonymousreply 97June 2, 2019 3:07 AM

Uhm... Did it sort of bother anyone else when Bishme said; "I grew up watching Project Runway..." as they showed his baby pictures? I have to admit that I twinged a bit.

by Anonymousreply 98June 2, 2019 4:29 AM

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 99June 2, 2019 4:30 AM

OH! How funny! I'm re-watching the episode (I can't sleep and still recovering from Friday night) and I catch Ashton Blount refer to the Jetsons. Mind you, that when I posted R58 and R59 I had not even seen the episode and missed that reference when I eventually watched it the first time.

TWILIGHT ZONE!

by Anonymousreply 100June 2, 2019 4:39 AM

Ashton is a cutie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 2, 2019 3:37 PM

Hester’s room looked awesome, I’ll give her that. She needs to stop adding such dumb shit tacked on. Like the shoes, why staple some scraps of fabric on top? Too much.

While Sebastian’s dress looked interesting and.... unique... idk. I found it ugly if I’m honest. It’s a dress you’d use for one picture in an editorial spread. And then what? I guess we shall see their collections. It could be a total toss up.

by Anonymousreply 102June 4, 2019 5:46 PM

Since they have so much time, we should really see what each designer is about...should be interesting...

by Anonymousreply 103June 4, 2019 6:17 PM

Out of the three male finalists, who’s got the biggest dick?

by Anonymousreply 104June 4, 2019 8:25 PM

Hester’s got the biggest strap-on.

by Anonymousreply 105June 4, 2019 8:26 PM

Honestly Hester is probably the only top in that group r105...

by Anonymousreply 106June 4, 2019 8:37 PM

Lol, R106. Hester is definitely a top.

by Anonymousreply 107June 4, 2019 10:40 PM

Sebastian is always consistent with beautiful workmanship. He is very talented! I've liked his designs the best, though each designer had their moments of shining through. I hope he goes all the way and wins! I'm glad to see Tessa go... buh bye..

by Anonymousreply 108June 4, 2019 11:09 PM

Tessa's pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 109June 5, 2019 2:02 AM

Sebastian's designs stink. Tessa is gone. She had some romance - she had a pottery wheel.

by Anonymousreply 110June 5, 2019 2:14 AM

Tessa's bad take on Ghost reeked, and they rightfully threw her fat ass off.

by Anonymousreply 111June 5, 2019 5:19 AM

What was the point of getting the garment messy with that clay from the potter's wheel? I guess it didn't matter to Tessa, since it was a shit design.

by Anonymousreply 112June 5, 2019 6:44 AM

Seabastian's hideous garment and room was the only one that didn't have a clear point or POV.

by Anonymousreply 113June 5, 2019 7:00 AM

Is tonight’s episode a visit to their homes or will it also include the final competition? The summary blurb on my channel guide reveals nothing.

by Anonymousreply 114June 6, 2019 10:33 PM

R114 Mine says the designers are tasked to prepare a surprise 11th look, only 3 will continue on to Fashion Week.

by Anonymousreply 115June 6, 2019 11:49 PM

So we just met Garo’s husband. Still think he’s straight?

by Anonymousreply 116June 7, 2019 1:10 AM

Well I guess that settles that.

by Anonymousreply 117June 7, 2019 1:12 AM

Sebastian’s husband adores him. Clearly much older than him and, after removing the dining room to accommodate Sebastian’s work, said he “will do anything to support him, my angel.”

Very sweet. They’re super lucky to have each other.

by Anonymousreply 118June 7, 2019 1:13 AM

So they sent everyone off for five months to make an entire collection only to boot one of them at the last minute? Seems cruel and pointless.

by Anonymousreply 119June 7, 2019 1:20 AM

Bishme's place looked kind of sad. And he has nothing done! Phoenicia is one of those hick Catskills town near Woodstock. When did Garo get fat?

by Anonymousreply 120June 7, 2019 1:35 AM

They gave poor Sebastian the fat model???

by Anonymousreply 121June 7, 2019 1:36 AM

BOOO... they shut the bootleg feed down! I'll have to wait until tomorrow (when someone uploads that bootleg) to see it! Soooooo.... the Garo question has been answered....

by Anonymousreply 122June 7, 2019 1:37 AM

Ouch and cringe! I felt the pain when Hester sewed her finger.

by Anonymousreply 123June 7, 2019 1:46 AM

Can Bishme and his pink sparkles just go home already?

by Anonymousreply 124June 7, 2019 1:54 AM

That orange belt Sebastian made is fabulous. Never seen something like it before.

by Anonymousreply 125June 7, 2019 1:55 AM

Bishme’s designs are the weakest. His ‘moment’ almost seems a ploy...

by Anonymousreply 126June 7, 2019 2:02 AM

Garo’s shiny short skirt with the baggy back is also outstanding. But his 11th sucked.

Hester’s crazy stuff is pretty good too.

But Sebastian won this round, definitely:

by Anonymousreply 127June 7, 2019 2:06 AM

Sebastian did a great job with his 11th.

by Anonymousreply 128June 7, 2019 2:07 AM

Sebastian is the winner, by a mile...

by Anonymousreply 129June 7, 2019 2:08 AM

Whose 11th look was more heinous, Garo’s or Bishme’s? I can’t decide.

by Anonymousreply 130June 7, 2019 2:09 AM

A ballet dancer as well!!

by Anonymousreply 131June 7, 2019 2:16 AM

Christian saves Hester's ass. He should have no input on the finale. If they are to be professional designers, they cannot have interference from him. His telling her to make a red dress and then her taking credit for it was heinous.

by Anonymousreply 132June 7, 2019 2:22 AM

Let's see if they give Bishme the sympathy pass.

by Anonymousreply 133June 7, 2019 2:24 AM

Hester's first look would be worn by a porno girl in a pedo fetish film.

by Anonymousreply 134June 7, 2019 2:24 AM

Suck a dick, Bishme.

by Anonymousreply 135June 7, 2019 2:27 AM

From what I could see, Sebastian’s collection exhibits a high taste level to go along with his mad skills. That rust colored leather piece was gorgeous...

by Anonymousreply 136June 7, 2019 2:29 AM

Taste is not a judging criterion this year.

by Anonymousreply 137June 7, 2019 2:37 AM

I really didn't like Hester's stuff at all. Too Sonny & Cher.

by Anonymousreply 138June 7, 2019 2:40 AM

My god, if Sebastian does not win there will be rioting in the streets, led by me. 😬😬

Garo is better than what he showed today.

Hester is circus wear, no responsible adult would wear her outfits out to work,

Bishme just didn’t really belong in the top 4.

by Anonymousreply 139June 7, 2019 2:41 AM

Garo's suit was ug-ly.

by Anonymousreply 140June 7, 2019 2:42 AM

Bishme's new outfit was the ugliest thing ever sent down the runway.

by Anonymousreply 141June 7, 2019 2:45 AM

I agree about Bishme going home but I felt kind of bad for him. He's a sweetheart. But that bomber jacket dress. What was he thinking?

by Anonymousreply 142June 7, 2019 2:46 AM

He listened to Christian; he should have done what he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 143June 7, 2019 2:56 AM

What a whiny bunch of whiners.

by Anonymousreply 144June 7, 2019 3:05 AM

Bishme never should have made it as far as he did.

by Anonymousreply 145June 7, 2019 3:07 AM

At least Hester shows how you can dress a fatty. Pay attention, Bishme. But damn, I think more people have been sent home failing at dressing a fatty.

by Anonymousreply 146June 7, 2019 3:07 AM

Anyone who can't tell Garo is gay must be headless.

by Anonymousreply 147June 7, 2019 3:28 AM

FABULOUS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148June 7, 2019 4:09 AM

What was this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149June 7, 2019 4:11 AM

[quote]Anyone who can't tell Garo is gay must be headless.

Agree, duh But there were many clueless straight women who wanted to argue otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 150June 7, 2019 4:27 AM

This is the way to dress a fat girl to look like a 10 yr old with daddy issues?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 7, 2019 4:36 AM

I understand why Bishkek went home, but Garo wasn’t all that good, and Hester is too off-mainstream. I hate her stuff.

Sebastian is the only one who deserves to win the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 152June 7, 2019 5:05 AM

Seeing that Garo lives upstate explains a lot. He seems like one of those townies into wicca and crystals who maybe used to do too much E back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 153June 7, 2019 5:26 AM

Seabiscuit had inspiration other than Leanne last week. Her work is both too refined and forward for him. (though he crudely stole from her) Kini Zamora is more up his alley. Another fast sewer. Seamstress. Kini is a better designer than Seabastian too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 7, 2019 5:49 AM

Your hatred of Sebastian is very strange, R154.

He has been nothing but kind and pleasant on the show. Either you're a jealous hater, or he beat you in the competition.

Sebastian has clearly been the best designer from the beginning. Everyone saw it. And he's still going strong.

I really hope that you're not Garo. It would be disappointing to think that he's such a miserable and bitter person.

by Anonymousreply 155June 7, 2019 6:16 AM

This is why Tim is needed on the show.

Sebastian was whining about quitting last week, and Bishme was whining this week. Hester has been whining the whole time.

If Tim was the mentor, he would have told them to get a grip and get to work! Christian tries to do it, but he's not as forceful as Tim.

Hell, if I was mentor, I would say stop whining or walk out. But I would also guilt trip them by letting them know that there were so many other people who WANTED to be in the finale, but couldn't be.... because these WHINERS took their place!!!!!

Instead of focusing on the negative, just shut the fuck up and do something! MAKE IT FUCKING WORK!!!

by Anonymousreply 156June 7, 2019 6:19 AM

You're kind of sad R155. Seabastian is okay for you. Enjoy him for yourself. Otherwise I don't know what to say. It's strange when old gay men grow emotionally attached to lisping fat boys of such small talent. From the TV.

by Anonymousreply 157June 7, 2019 6:33 AM

Lay off the meth R157.

You sound deranged.

by Anonymousreply 158June 7, 2019 6:39 AM

We don't do meth in 2019 gramps. Try to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 159June 7, 2019 6:47 AM

The only person that sounds sad and childish here is r154/r157. What’s with the third-grade level, pathetic name-calling? Seabiscuit? Really? Next thing you’ll be calling our president Dump!! Though at least he deserves it.

Ridiculing a gentle person like Sebastian has shown to be only makes you sound more ridiculous yourself. Unless you know something about him that you’d care to show us.

by Anonymousreply 160June 7, 2019 9:47 AM

Bishme's 11th Look was definitely "Baltimore".....a Baltimore STREET CORNER! Never saw such trash before in a PR Finale.

I don't know why Hester didn't show one of her more artistic outfits.

Garo is over-rated.

Sebastian for the win. There is no other option if the show is to retain any integrity.

by Anonymousreply 161June 7, 2019 10:06 AM

No more house-kleeeening for me!!

by Anonymousreply 162June 7, 2019 10:24 AM

I love Sebastian. I love the way he murders the Eeeenglish. He was so good he could make Tessa's clothes for her while turning out amazing pieces for himself. I can't imagine either of the others sending anything as elegant and wearable down the runway. Hester's a clown. Garo is costume corset-man. Sebastian for the Win!

by Anonymousreply 163June 7, 2019 10:32 AM

I don't get Hester, she designs for the HELLO KITTY crowd.

by Anonymousreply 164June 7, 2019 10:48 AM

She'll be your winner.

by Anonymousreply 165June 7, 2019 11:11 AM

Hester’s apartment was like ... of course!

by Anonymousreply 166June 7, 2019 12:27 PM

Little grade school stickers everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 167June 7, 2019 12:27 PM

When Nina said Sebastian’s outfits/silhouettes had a very stiff look and that’s why she recommended a flowy 11th, little did she know (because she was only looking at pictures of a lot of leather based designs) how swiftly those leather chains would move on the runway. The rust outfit was nothing short of a masterpiece, and those belts are jaw droppers.

by Anonymousreply 168June 7, 2019 12:31 PM

Can’t wait to see the rest of Sebastian’s collection.

by Anonymousreply 169June 7, 2019 12:32 PM

All three of the final designers are in a SSM. Is that a first for PR?

by Anonymousreply 170June 7, 2019 12:33 PM

In addition, Sebastian had a plus sized model who he brilliantly dressed in a long dress with vertical lines. It looked even more elegant when contrasted with Hester’s plus sized look...

by Anonymousreply 171June 7, 2019 1:22 PM

I wasn't saying Hester's look was a good one, I'm saying it didn't make her fatty look like a pink elephant. It had proportion. Bishme's whole line was questionable, though. It looked like the costume department from some 1960s cheerleader horror movie. That gold muff stuff was just awful.

by Anonymousreply 172June 7, 2019 1:26 PM

Nina gave Garo the hardest design to pull off in 2 days. A fitted pantsuit to go day to night is so much harder to make than a gown or a short dress. He didn't have time to finish it they way he's known for. Plus, he didn't have time to alter his other 2 looks.

I like Bishme an awful lot & would have preferred him over Hester but I think his sister's illness & the family death just pushed him too far. He has never done anything all season as bad as this week's challenge.

I'm also fed up with Christian. He sucks as a mentor. He gives them too much input on fabric, finishes, etc... That is not his role.

by Anonymousreply 173June 7, 2019 2:29 PM

That rag Bishme made was so wretched, he should gave suffered more than just being thrown off the show.

by Anonymousreply 174June 7, 2019 2:55 PM

I enjoyed seeing Nina on her throne.

by Anonymousreply 175June 7, 2019 4:45 PM

Hester’s apartment was so disappointing. I guess lesbians just don’t know how to do kitsch.

by Anonymousreply 176June 7, 2019 4:47 PM

After seeing Hester's wife, why didn't she just marry a guy?

by Anonymousreply 177June 7, 2019 5:08 PM

R177 I was wondering the exact same thing. The wife looks like a 12-year old boy.

by Anonymousreply 178June 7, 2019 6:23 PM

Sebastian's work is outstanding.

by Anonymousreply 179June 7, 2019 9:07 PM

Me either, R164. Her designs would be popular with the Japanese Kawaii crowd. Although, the red dress design she pulled out at the last minute, after the sewing machine/finger mishap, from the original white design... turned out great.

by Anonymousreply 180June 7, 2019 9:14 PM

Was yesterday the finale? Who won? Or if not, who was kicked off?

by Anonymousreply 181June 7, 2019 10:23 PM

Finale is next week. Bisme didn't make it. It's between Hester and Sebastian for the win.

by Anonymousreply 182June 7, 2019 10:27 PM

R182

It's between Garo, Sebastian & Hester.

by Anonymousreply 183June 7, 2019 10:40 PM

Hester will win. And should win. I knew if she have 5 months and money to work with, she would pull through. Garo hasn't a chance.

by Anonymousreply 184June 8, 2019 12:02 AM

Who will buy Hester's shit?

by Anonymousreply 185June 8, 2019 1:02 AM

Hester is too niche market.

by Anonymousreply 186June 8, 2019 1:05 AM

Hester is a better designer than Seabastian though. And a better dancer too.

by Anonymousreply 187June 8, 2019 1:41 AM

You know what they say about opinions...

by Anonymousreply 188June 8, 2019 2:49 AM

I'm glad Garo and Sebastian both made it to the finale. I've liked them from the start.

(And not just because they're attractive.)

I'll be rooting for Sebastian.

by Anonymousreply 189June 8, 2019 3:50 AM

Diane von Furstenberg is the guest judge, not a 20-something woke yahoo. Wonder how she will react to Hester's clothes.

by Anonymousreply 190June 8, 2019 4:20 AM

Finally got a chance to watch the episode and my main takeaway is being annoyed by what a poseur Brandon Maxwell is. I always knew he didn't have the designing chops to be a judge on this show and was only here because of Karlie but that comment about not being able to teach how to make choices aka taste just rubbed me the wrong way because it's not true.

I think I'll be fine with whoever wins but I'm going to guess it'll be Hester even though I was sure it was going to be Sebastian for most of the competition. I would prefer to wear Sebastian's clothes and would never wear Hester's clothes but I don't think that's relevant when deciding on who is the better designer and who made the better collection.

by Anonymousreply 191June 8, 2019 4:35 AM

Nina has made similar comments r181, the "I question your taste". And it is pretty true, skills and editing your vision can be taught, but your base instinct is fairly set. If someone can't see objectively what looks good/bad, then that's them.

by Anonymousreply 192June 8, 2019 4:40 AM

R192 That's different from saying that taste isn't something that changes over time. I don't think most artists or designers would agree with that and here is a qoute from Ira Glass on it:

[quote]“Nobody tells this to people who are beginners, I wish someone told me. All of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have good taste. But there is this gap. For the first couple years you make stuff, it’s just not that good. It’s trying to be good, it has potential, but it’s not. But your taste, the thing that got you into the game, is still killer. And your taste is why your work disappoints you. A lot of people never get past this phase, they quit. Most people I know who do interesting, creative work went through years of this. We know our work doesn’t have this special thing that we want it to have. We all go through this. And if you are just starting out or you are still in this phase, you gotta know its normal and the most important thing you can do is do a lot of work. Put yourself on a deadline so that every week you will finish one story. It is only by going through a volume of work that you will close that gap, and your work will be as good as your ambitions. And I took longer to figure out how to do this than anyone I’ve ever met. It’s gonna take awhile. It’s normal to take awhile. You’ve just gotta fight your way through.”

Regardless of whether it's true about taste or not I just think Brandon actually pretends to talk with more authority than he actually has since he's newer to the field than even Christian.

by Anonymousreply 193June 8, 2019 4:49 AM

R177 R178 Oh we just found the straight people posting where they don't belong! Or at least I hope no one gay would post something like that.

by Anonymousreply 194June 8, 2019 4:51 AM

Sebastian's real name is Jhoan.

Those complicated leather thread contraptions seem to be his trademark. He posted this on his Instagram five years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195June 8, 2019 8:10 AM

I burst out laughing when this clown dress appeared on screen. I totally felt for Bishme but that dress is truly hideous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196June 8, 2019 8:46 AM

The outfit Hester had on her larger model was an outfit that Cher wears in "Clueless". If Hot Topic or Torrid needs a house designer, she'd be the one for them, but as a high end fashion designer you're not going to see a lot of Hester Sunshine on the red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 197June 8, 2019 9:42 AM

I didn't see much innovation in Hester's clothes even though she claimed otherwise. Practically everything she presented on the runway looked like off-the-rack items. Her red look did look good, though, although my eyes were drawn to the model who looked almost anorexic. Judging by what was shown Sebastian will be the winner.

by Anonymousreply 198June 8, 2019 11:01 AM

How many times has the best designer not won? Gretchen, Anya, Ashley, etc? So, don't discount Hester, especially with this judging panel.

by Anonymousreply 199June 8, 2019 11:07 AM

That's true, and obviously we haven't seen the full runway show yet. I was actually surprised how boring Hester's two looks from the collection were but I might like them much more after seeing the whole collection.

by Anonymousreply 200June 8, 2019 11:11 AM

Sebastian's three looks were so sophisticated and elegant.

They were miles ahead of the other three designers' looks.

Clearly, he won't win.

by Anonymousreply 201June 8, 2019 11:16 AM

I'm just surprised at how easily Nina is being handled by the other two on the panel. She used to be the toughest; now she's so intimidated, especially by Elaine, whose credentials are light years behind Nina's.

by Anonymousreply 202June 8, 2019 11:57 AM

I’m sure that is producer driven...

by Anonymousreply 203June 8, 2019 12:37 PM

From Reddit:

[quote] Here's the tea. She was a double major so in programs at both Parson's and at Eugene Lang from the start. Her junior year she was asked to leave Parson's - BY TIM GUNN NO LESS - because she had issues with a particular teacher due to being behind in terms of sewing/pattern making skills. So she left, did an intensive sewing program at FIT, and finished things out at Eugene Lang.

And THIS is why she'll win, Middle finger to Tim Gunn.

by Anonymousreply 204June 8, 2019 12:45 PM

She'll win because Seabastion is a dressmaker and Hester is a designer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205June 8, 2019 12:48 PM

...and you’re a moron...

by Anonymousreply 206June 8, 2019 12:54 PM

Hester is reductive

by Anonymousreply 207June 8, 2019 12:56 PM

^Add Garo too. Tacky costume seller. He and Bishme bombed so hard at the preview.

When Bishme opened the door to Christian for the home visit, it was obvious that life had gotten in the way of creating a final collection. He said he was homeless pre-PR, but it looked like that struggle was still going on, in addition to the other issues he mentioned. The other designers really were lucky to have such strong support at home.

Sebastian for the win!

by Anonymousreply 208June 8, 2019 1:58 PM

I think Sebastian will win. If this was PR for designing clothes for children, then Hester would have the edge. Garo is good, too.. but Sebastian's work is very polished, his sewing skills excellent. He has a good eye for sophistication.

by Anonymousreply 209June 8, 2019 2:44 PM

I honestly don't care who wins since I don't wear women's clothes, but Sebastian seems light years ahead of the others in skill and design. Those belts are fabulous too.

by Anonymousreply 210June 8, 2019 2:47 PM

I loved those belts! ^^

by Anonymousreply 211June 8, 2019 2:48 PM

I like the belts as well and his story I’m wishing for his win

by Anonymousreply 212June 8, 2019 3:43 PM

I want Sebastian in me, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 213June 8, 2019 10:35 PM

Jeez, some of you are so negative. I liked what I saw from all the remaining designers, but I think Hester will win. Sebastian could win too. Garo's stuff looks good but Hester's and Sebastian's are on a different level.

by Anonymousreply 214June 9, 2019 12:15 AM

Hester's clothes are very much in trend with younger women, and she has a strong chance at winning. Sebastian's clothes are nice as well, but I don't think he'll show anything new. So, he won't win, imo.

Garo is clearly the odd man out, because there is no way as -- a woman -- I will wear those sad looking clothes.

Winner: Hester as we can see she is heavily influenced by Niki Minaj.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215June 9, 2019 3:53 AM

Completely agree R215. Hester should and will win.

Seabastion is more a Cardi B kind of girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 9, 2019 4:01 AM

R216 Ouch! Cardi B?

by Anonymousreply 217June 9, 2019 4:21 AM

Ok, not Cardi B. Maybe JLO. I just don't care for Seabastion's design. It's refined cha cha cha.

by Anonymousreply 218June 9, 2019 4:27 AM

Garo designs for fucking drag queens. Cardi B is a fat whore, who cares what she wears.

by Anonymousreply 219June 9, 2019 4:46 AM

[quote]Ok, not Cardi B. Maybe JLO. I just don't care for Seabastion's design. It's refined cha cha cha.

I can see that.

by Anonymousreply 220June 9, 2019 4:48 AM

How old are you, r218?

by Anonymousreply 221June 9, 2019 12:51 PM

Well, folks... We. Shall. See.

by Anonymousreply 222June 9, 2019 12:55 PM

Sebastian FTW! He’s hot, too.

by Anonymousreply 223June 9, 2019 1:00 PM

I thought all the belts were designed by Sebastian's dad

by Anonymousreply 224June 9, 2019 1:02 PM

I think his dad just made them. He works with leather.

by Anonymousreply 225June 9, 2019 1:04 PM

Bishme seems like a really sweet person, but I agree real life got in his way. I looked at his website and he claims to have dressed Niecy Nash which makes me wonder why he had so many problems dressing plus size women.

by Anonymousreply 226June 9, 2019 4:06 PM

I'm glad they didn't go for the sympathy save/edit. The final 3 are correct and I pretty much agreed with the judging, shockingly. Garo really did get the short end of the stick when he was ordered to make a full suit in 2 days...jeez.

by Anonymousreply 227June 9, 2019 4:13 PM

What is with the "Seabastian" queen? Is he retarded? I can get not caring for Sebastian's work but the Seabiscuit/Seabastian thing makes no sense and is completely stupid and non-funny.

by Anonymousreply 228June 9, 2019 5:11 PM

Is there a sympathy/save option this season? I don't think it was mentioned..

by Anonymousreply 229June 9, 2019 7:16 PM

No, the Tim Gunn save has gone the way of Tim Gunn.

by Anonymousreply 230June 9, 2019 7:24 PM

Thanks R230. I miss Tim Gunn.

by Anonymousreply 231June 9, 2019 7:29 PM

Seems like there were a few sympathy saves this season, starting with the first challenge...

by Anonymousreply 232June 9, 2019 7:42 PM

The former "Tim Gunn Save" is now known as the "SJW Save."

by Anonymousreply 233June 9, 2019 8:13 PM

Bishme gave up on himself. That's what the judges were saying. His leaving was a foregone conclusion. Bishme is very sensitive so it's not hard to imagine how the stress got too much, esp. after the losses he was dealing with at the time along with being homeless. But when all is said and done, as a designer, Bishme ended up with a great sizzle reel for his designs. He's not going to disappear. I'm sure he's already looking at proposals.

by Anonymousreply 234June 9, 2019 9:29 PM

Are they still going to have Allstars seasons going forward? I'm sure Bishme could come back.

by Anonymousreply 235June 9, 2019 9:33 PM

[quote] The former "Tim Gunn Save" is now known as the "SJW Save."

Two of the final three are white, and two are men, but of course some idiot is still banging the "this season's not about talent, only about SJWs promoting diversity" drum.

by Anonymousreply 236June 9, 2019 9:40 PM

An important thing to note. The guest judge for these final two episodes are fashion industry insiders, not random C-list celebrities. I appreciate that.

[quote]It's between Garo, Sebastian & Hester.

Please, r182 was correct. It's between Sebastian and Hester, Garo is just there as an also-ran. The judges even seemed annoyed that Bishme sabotaged so hard and they had to eliminate him rather than Garo in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 237June 10, 2019 1:47 AM

So is Garo officially the oldest designer ever to make it to the final 3?

I think the stats were listed on the other thread, but I think that he is the oldest, at 45 years old.

by Anonymousreply 238June 10, 2019 1:51 AM

Nope r238.

In the Season 11 finale you had 46 year old Patricia and 45 year old Stanley competing against Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 239June 10, 2019 1:56 AM

You are correct, R239!

Patricia (the short, chubby Native American woman from New Mexico) was the oldest at 46.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240June 10, 2019 2:01 AM

Wow, older people really did well on season 11.

Not only was Cindy Marlatt the oldest person ever to appear on the show at 59 years old, but the three oldest designers in that season (Patricia, Stanley and Daniel) finished in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place.

Good for them!

(PS, I thought that Stanley should have won!)

by Anonymousreply 241June 10, 2019 2:03 AM

[quote] I thought that Stanley should have won!

I would say I question your taste, but that's an understatement! Stanley's collection was a big disappointment. Michelle owned that show, honestly there was no doubt she would win.

by Anonymousreply 242June 10, 2019 2:06 AM

Garo is a cool older guy and he's done some work worthy of getting to the finale, but his collection looks terribly wrong. Some bad taste designers improve under challenge constraints, then are given 10 grand and go home and do their futuristic drag queen designs with more sequins and lethuth.

On Project Runway, other really good designers (who need more time and don't sew like a slave) thrive with more time to realize their vision. Hester has delivered on her early design promise by what we have seen. I will be very surprise if she doesn't win. She is not new, but she is still original and capable of future ideas.

Seabastion is a bit of the ordinary final three guy who never wins. His ladies look good and his clothes are well made. But he's only a bit of innovation as a designer and his seamstress skills don't really count on a final runway. Things are expected to look good. Styling can make a difference but again the advantage there goes to Hester.

Bishme was a doll and had every right to get this far. This group was not good at the short challenge and Garo was gooped to be given a suit as his 11th look. But we can name quite a few previous contestants who could have made a suit in 2 days very well. Not this year. Seabastion has his woven leathuh and pieced together chiffon, mixed with busy pockets on beautiful girls. His will be a nice looking mini show.

But it's a design competition and Hester will win. She was very annoying for most of the season. It's intense. Siriano was a bitchy robot on his season and now he's the chirpy, way too helpful mentor. "Let me make that dress for you Seabastion." Do it in the red Hester. He saved her ass too.

by Anonymousreply 243June 10, 2019 2:09 AM

Does Bishme have a boyfriend or husband? If not I hope he finds love. He's wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 244June 10, 2019 2:14 AM

Hester's posture is horrible !!! She's pushes her neck forward and her head down. She's is going to regret that when she's old.

by Anonymousreply 245June 10, 2019 2:23 AM

At least the finals turned into a queerfest!

by Anonymousreply 246June 10, 2019 3:20 AM

In 2019, is it a good thing that Garo Sparo has made a name for himself as a go-to designer for RuPaul Drag Queens? On the one hand: cutting edge and trendy and showy and spectacular. On the other hand: Costume-y and gimmicky and limited to drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 247June 10, 2019 3:55 AM

Bishme is (was?) troubled with a capital TROUBLED

by Anonymousreply 248June 10, 2019 3:56 AM

How is Bishme troubled R248? He seems like a lovely man. Adorable and sweet. He's not overly confident - but very talented. He is by far the most loveable contestant and least wrapped up in his own world this season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249June 10, 2019 4:15 AM

[quote]Bishme. . . I looked at his website and he claims to have dressed Niecy Nash which makes me wonder why he had so many problems dressing plus size women.

First, Nicey is not a plus size woman. She is more of a traditional hourglass.

Second, those women on PR were not equally yoked. Some were thick in the middle and some had a waistline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 10, 2019 6:37 AM

Does anything (other than the desire to win) prevent them from spending their $10,000 on other things (food, rent, sister’s medical bills, etc?)

by Anonymousreply 251June 10, 2019 7:36 AM

I hope Bishme is a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 252June 10, 2019 8:23 AM

[quote]Does anything (other than the desire to win) prevent them from spending their $10,000 on other things (food, rent, sister’s medical bills, etc?)

Me thinks Bish might have delegated some cash to rent and other bills.

by Anonymousreply 253June 10, 2019 8:29 AM

[quote]I think his dad just made them. He works with leather.

But, is that permitted? Isn't that what side swiped Kara Saun? She designed the shoes but it was a friend of hers who made them?

by Anonymousreply 254June 10, 2019 10:00 AM

[quote]I hope Bishme is a bottom.

Oh, honey... Did you see that butt? And, Pentecostal too? Of course he is!

by Anonymousreply 255June 10, 2019 10:01 AM

My vote is for Sebastian. He's got a great story. He's cute and photogenic. He designs clothes that women can relate to and an aesthetic that sells.

Hester and the "Hello Kitty" wear just doesn't cut it.

Garo is already established. The publicity of PR alone will bring him more business and sustain it. But, his aesthetic is very niche. He's a costume designer.

by Anonymousreply 256June 10, 2019 10:06 AM

Hester wants to take up the mantle of Vivienne Westwood (and Patricia Field, whom she worked for). But there's a reason they're no longer in business.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257June 10, 2019 11:12 AM

[quote]But, is that permitted? Isn't that what side swiped Kara Saun? She designed the shoes but it was a friend of hers who made them?

It's perfectly fine and normal to get some things constructed for you. You just have to pay a market rate and and have your receipts for everything.

Kara Saun's issue was she didn't actually have the budget to pay for all her shoes, she had already spent her collection money, so she tried to turn in a joke of a receipt way undervaluing the cost of the shoes.

by Anonymousreply 258June 10, 2019 11:54 AM

Bishme had some lovely items

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259June 10, 2019 12:10 PM

After she tried to accept them for free, r258.

by Anonymousreply 260June 10, 2019 12:11 PM

No surprises here! A whopping 65% of ‘Project Runway’ fashionistas covet a Sebastian Grey custom design [POLL RESULTS]

We aren’t saying that Sebastian Grey is the best designer of Season 17 of “Project Runway” and most likely to win. It is too early for that, what with two more episodes to go before a decision has been made. But there is a reason that the congenial Colombian-born transplant got the lion’s share of votes – 65% to be exact — from fans who would be very happy to have him whip up a custom ensemble for them.

The dude is consistent and can make a well-constructed design with a minimum of drama. It makes sense that most picked Sebastian, who has won two challenges, since he is the only designer who has never landed in the bottom with a bad critique.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261June 10, 2019 12:16 PM

This anti-Sebastian troll is absurd. Its assertion of Siriano offering to make Sebastian’s dress (r243) is laughable after Sebastian made Tessa’s skirt while constructing his own challenge winning design, and continuing to call him a seamstress is somewhat juvenile. I wonder if it is associated with another contestant, or perhaps is one of the other contestants...

by Anonymousreply 262June 10, 2019 12:43 PM

Will Sebastian have to change his name? There is a distinctive bespoke clothing company with a very similar name (different spelling)

Our Story

Sebastien Grey originated as a bunch of scribbles on a bar napkin. It was a discussion amongst a table of guys who were unsatisfied with the quality of a custom suit.

From then on, we set out to create high-quality bespoke garments in Chicago. The founding team was minimal in 2011, consisting of only two people. The sole product that we produced was a bespoke suit and our primary focus was perfecting the fit, handmade quality, and turnaround time. In 2012, we decided that this wasn’t going to be just a suit store and our goal was to create a lifestyle brand. So we moved to our new home in NYC and launched in a tiny 200 square foot showroom. Just seven months later, we move to a ground floor retail location in Chelsea and have been there ever since.

Sebastien Grey is more than a bespoke suit shop. We create everything from bespoke suits and overcoats to button-ups, shorts, raincoats, jeans, shoes, and much more. Along with all of our bespoke items, we also have retail items and accessories available in store and online. This is just the beginning, and we are excited to keep expanding our brand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263June 10, 2019 1:34 PM

This is just gorgeous! That "dressmaker" sho' nuff' can sew up a garment....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264June 10, 2019 5:42 PM

It would be nice if the city of Baltimore would do something special for Bishme. Talk about a fantastic Ambassador for the city! I did a quick search and I found an Essence magazine feature about him. MMPH! i even like his two dresses featured in the article! Me thinks that he will be alright.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265June 10, 2019 5:49 PM

Baltimore should give Bishme crabs.

by Anonymousreply 266June 10, 2019 6:19 PM

Venny at Dallas Pride

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267June 10, 2019 6:31 PM

Bisme's collection at r259. He has a bit of trouble with the silver gray satin, the hems are not good and the rise in the pants is wrong for that model but what I really want to know is what fabric he used for the hot pink and matte gray garments. It has a beautiful drape but I hope it's not neoprene.

by Anonymousreply 268June 11, 2019 4:38 PM

Eileen was on today's The View discussing her memoir and Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 269June 11, 2019 7:23 PM

Elaine Welteroth on 'Project Runway,' & 'More Than Enough' | The View

Thanks, R269

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270June 11, 2019 8:19 PM

Elaine's story about her school assignment is a wonderful example of why inclusiveness matters. Yes black people had their "own" magazines, but that's not what the school supplied when they asked her to cut out people who looked like her family. It's a good illustration of what some here call SJW or being woke when the truth is it's a very visceral memory to so many Black, Asian and Brown people. And up until very recently GAY people too. There's nothing wrong with representation and inclusion. Including plus size models. It's affirmative reality.

by Anonymousreply 271June 11, 2019 9:48 PM

It's not affirmative reality if nobody wants to do it.

by Anonymousreply 272June 11, 2019 10:51 PM

rofl R272.

by Anonymousreply 273June 12, 2019 12:43 AM

Those of us under 70 do want to do it and see it R272, You're that ancient freak with the hard on for the seamstress right? Seabastion's cha cha cha golden girl's designs. So you're no one to comment on reality.

BTW, Siriano dresses all sizes of women, very successfully. As in he's successful and most talented. You're very much out of touch gramps if you think he only dresses the "big" girl celebrities. Google Tony Awards + Christian Siriano. And stop being racist. We see your other posts old man.

Is R272 Tessa? No, it's someone who lusts after Seabiscuit.

by Anonymousreply 274June 12, 2019 12:57 AM

The tailored suit challenge for Garro was meant to sail Bishme to the final. Bishme fucked it up.

by Anonymousreply 275June 12, 2019 1:01 AM

I can tell Elaine's interview was insufferable without watching. HORRIBLE JUDGE.

by Anonymousreply 276June 12, 2019 1:02 AM

I hope that Elaine is fired for the next season. I just can't take her preaching. It's fucking exhausting.

And get rid of all the "woke" and "SJW" crap while they're at it.

The show needs to clean house, and get back to being ONLY about fashion.

Just because PR producers SAY that people like all of this "affirmative reality" bullshit, doesn't make it so. Just like R272 said.

by Anonymousreply 277June 12, 2019 1:05 AM

[quote]I hope that Elaine is fired for the next season. I just can't take her preaching. It's fucking exhausting.

So, why do you watch the program?

[quote]And get rid of all the "woke" and "SJW" crap while they're at it.

[quote]The show needs to clean house, and get back to being ONLY about fashion.

[quote]Just because PR producers SAY that people like all of this "affirmative reality" bullshit, doesn't make it so.

by Anonymousreply 278June 12, 2019 1:16 AM

The short answer, R278?

NOT for Elaine. Not for SJW/Woke crap. And certainly not for affirmative reality. Which is a disgustingly presumptuous term. YOUR reality is not MY reality. For you to affirm your reality as my reality, is just bullshit.

You are mind-numbingly dull in your simple minded argument, "Then why do you watch the show??" For FASHION, numb nuts. Not for some politically correct lecture.

The show used to be about fashion. Now it's a political statement.

by Anonymousreply 279June 12, 2019 1:29 AM

[quote]I want Sebastian in me, quite deeply.

This is a previous post from the very agitated R279. He watches the show for FASHION, numb nuts!

by Anonymousreply 280June 12, 2019 1:35 AM

^And, I'll ask again; Then why do you watch the show, R279?

It's a simple question that requires only a simple answer. The program is not giving you what you want and yet you continue to invest your time and energy towards it. Why? Is there someone holding a gun against your head to force you to watch it?

I mean... I don't like FOX and therefore I don't watch it. I have better things to do. So, my question is a valid one to you.

by Anonymousreply 281June 12, 2019 1:37 AM

Clearly, R280/R281, you have no life and no friends.

Quelle surprise.

by Anonymousreply 282June 12, 2019 1:42 AM

^ (Yawn...)

by Anonymousreply 283June 12, 2019 1:45 AM

Venny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284June 12, 2019 1:50 AM

Venny is a cute big boy for sure. Gay pride. Sweet guy.

by Anonymousreply 285June 12, 2019 2:05 AM

In Praise of Bravo's Revitalized Project Runway

As it turns out, it is. And it might be a better Project Runway than ever before.

Klum was replaced by supermodel Karlie Kloss, while season four winner and celebrated designer Christian Siriano replaced Gunn. Designer Brandon Maxwell (who made a huge splash at the Met Gala with Lady Gaga's four looks) and journalist Elaine Welteroth stepped in as judges alongside Nina Garcia. The show got a brand new, much chicer workroom, a new crop of diverse models (including the show's first trans model ever), and took on a new attitude:

Fashion is for everybody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286June 12, 2019 2:10 AM

Clearly, the REAL fashion world wants no part of this "revitalized" Project Runway, because they weren't even invited to participate in fashion week.

by Anonymousreply 287June 12, 2019 2:24 AM

The article is not much of a critique, but it's a good assessment. Thanks for posting it R286. Siriano is indeed the standout of the new show and an improvement on the increasingly disingenuous Tim. But a 15 year old show can't do so much to change. We love Elaine and the new models. Hopefully they will get a more talented group of designers next season. Heidi is missed. Karlie is a bit too nice and Alice in Wonderland BIG instead of a beautiful girl. I'm not her fan, but she's a nice woman and not bad at the gig.

Affirmative Reality. PR offers larger size models, diverse contestants, real world challenges and lots of opportunity to present glamor and a personal vision if you make it to the end. The REAL fashion world never had much to do with PR. Past a certain level of talent and skill, the rest is luck and connections anyway. Michael Kors famously offered Daniel V a job when he lost one of the early seasons to Chloe from Texas. I wonder if he took it? Once upon a time they had big name designers as guest judges and mentors on PR. They still do. Some old farts here just don't know the fresher names.

by Anonymousreply 288June 12, 2019 2:38 AM

Hmm... a mentorship from the Council of Fashion Designers of America. It’s the first time the CFDA has partnered with the TV show. And...

"Congratulations are in order for Project Runway judge Brandon Maxwell. Last night at the 2019 CFDA Fashion Awards, Brandon took home one of the most prestigious honors in the business: Womenswear Designer of the Year."

Then, you have Diane von Fürstenberg as a guest judge?

I'd say that the show is receiving a lot of credibility from the REAL fashion world.

by Anonymousreply 289June 12, 2019 2:40 AM

BravoTV Verified account @BravoTV (8HRS ago)

Every week, @isebastiangrey's designs had us picking our jaws off the floor.

Don't miss the SEASON FINALE of #ProjectRunway THURSDAY @ 9/8c!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290June 12, 2019 2:53 AM

Seabastion can't make a suit, a day dress, a pair of pants. sportswear or anything modern looking that isn't completely derivative of other designers. He's a good seamstress who designs older clothes for young bodies. He's good with proportion and fabrics - a future wedding dress designer.

by Anonymousreply 291June 12, 2019 3:02 AM

The new PR is sooooo much better than the tired old one. Klum was a kunt, and Gunn had become bitter and messy. This new iteration is a breath of fresh air.

by Anonymousreply 292June 12, 2019 3:17 AM

Elaine Welteroth was signed to judge another season of Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 293June 12, 2019 4:24 AM

Good news R293! Elaine, Christian and Nina are the necessary components. They've had weak designers for the reboot, but far from a total failure of the show. Even this final three seem to have pulled something together worth watching for the finale. Go Hester.

by Anonymousreply 294June 12, 2019 5:01 AM

[quote]cha cha cha

Really? So much for your SJW posturing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295June 12, 2019 6:12 AM

So glad that they are keeping Elaine and Nina. I don't know how I feel about Christian.

by Anonymousreply 296June 12, 2019 6:20 AM

I'm embarrassed for your papi. That's not a cha cha. Is is Ricky Ricardo? He's from Cuba. The Cha Cha has a triple step and is all bout the hips and ankles. Remember yours?

Sebastian as cha cha is a different thing. Just means he is cheap with tacky "tasteful" over sexed clothes. His obvious attempts at being "serious" by stealing other's designs and making worse the two bad sculptural dresses he did. Cha cha lisps. Chubby nice boy seamstress. Fat ass in colored jeans. Cha cha boy. Not a winner.

Don't call me asshole gramps. I'm a king.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297June 12, 2019 6:32 AM

Asshole at r97 thinks that ballroom rules apply to genuine cha cha cha. Bobby Capó is Puerto Rican and Amelia Aguilar is Mexican. The song is indeed written in a cha cha cha 3/4 beat. And you can triple EVERY step, like the legit Bobby and Amelia are doing.

No te metas conmigo en cuestión de bailes porque tienes todas las de perder, pendejo racista.

by Anonymousreply 298June 12, 2019 6:44 AM

Oh, dude. Please stop embarrassing yourself. Why you hate Elaine and people of color is your sad business, but don't pretend you are worthy of any respect for your antiquated opinions and prejudice. If you ARE a professional dancer I expect that you would have a better eye and a more open mind. But of course you are a liar and just a mean old white man. Full of hate and small town ideas. Please stop posting embarrassing examples of things that everyone can do better. I am a professional too. Some of us are still in the game. Get some rest gramps. No more alcohol tonite.

by Anonymousreply 299June 12, 2019 6:54 AM

[quote]Hester wants to take up the mantle of Vivienne Westwood (and Patricia Field, whom she worked for). But there's a reason they're no longer in business.

The reason being Westwood is 78 and Field is 77, although that said they both still are in business. Vivienne Westwood the fashion house hasn't gone anywhere and is doing just fine. According to Wikipedia there are 63 Vivienne Westwood stores or outlets around the world.

Next to Westwood Field is more of a stylist but considering she's almost 80 it's slightly amazing she's still in the business. Wikipedia says she's the fashion consultant on Younger and operates a fashion/art gallery in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 300June 12, 2019 9:36 AM

I don't mind the new hosts. The one I like least is actually Brandon. I prefer Zac Posen over him, if that says anything. I like that Siriano has dialed it back some, or maybe he's just matured. I still don't get his hair, though. I don't even mind Karlie, although the fact that she's married into evil does throw me off a bit. She at least seems to have a genuineness or niceness about her, whereas Heidi can be a bit of a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 301June 12, 2019 1:08 PM

The ant-Sebastian troll is such a bore. My guess is that it is angry that its age, waist size and IQ are all the same number...

by Anonymousreply 302June 12, 2019 1:11 PM

I'm probably the only one who feels this way but I hope that if Christian comes back for another season, the producers will give him more time to interact with the designers and give him room to really dig in and be mean/harsh/tough love if necessary.

"Great, great, everything's great" is really boring from a reality show mentor or judge. More SImon Cowell, less Paula Abdul.

by Anonymousreply 303June 12, 2019 1:16 PM

I think Siriano has become a great mentor for the contestants personally, he is better than I thought he'd be.

by Anonymousreply 304June 12, 2019 1:23 PM

New season of 'Project Runway' brings fresh faces, unprecedented diversity

The popular reality competition has a new host — and a new mission.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305June 12, 2019 2:27 PM

Those of us who are just interested in fashion are out of luck; the show has changed permanently ( or as long as it lasts). Like most shows, the whole diversity thing has taken over , as the traditional is condemned as being products of white cis male privilege or not "woke" enough to grasp this new world. So, this is why Hester will probably win. She represents the contemporary, where true craft can take a back seat to personal expression. The other two labor under constraints, but she does what she wants. A show that has invested its entire season championing the non-traditional idea of fashion dare not resort to going against its stated agenda in the finale.

by Anonymousreply 306June 12, 2019 6:49 PM

anti-Sebastian^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 307June 12, 2019 6:50 PM

The dryer has stopped, R306. Your sheets are ready...

by Anonymousreply 308June 12, 2019 6:52 PM

Nicely done R308!!

by Anonymousreply 309June 12, 2019 6:55 PM

[quote]Those of us who are just interested in fashion are out of luck; the show has changed permanently ( or as long as it lasts). Like most shows, the whole diversity thing has taken over , as the traditional is condemned as being products of white cis male privilege or not "woke" enough to grasp this new world.

It's all just.... Gone With The Wind

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310June 12, 2019 7:00 PM

Anti-Sebastian Troll is a loser who’s not even good at bullying. Feel sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 311June 12, 2019 7:28 PM

R308, magnificent!

by Anonymousreply 312June 12, 2019 8:36 PM

Hester is more Beverley Johnson than Westwood.

For me it's anyone but Hester for the finale.

by Anonymousreply 313June 12, 2019 9:55 PM

The E! review lost me when they said the show features “amateur” designers.

by Anonymousreply 314June 12, 2019 10:12 PM

But, you know I'm correct.

by Anonymousreply 315June 12, 2019 10:15 PM

As a member of the ample community, I can say that I understand why designers don’t want to design for me. Fashion celebrates beauty. It flaunts the body. Compensating for my carb addiction may be an interesting challenge, but it is a different challenge than designing for a traditional model. Wanting to be “affirmative” doesn’t change that.

by Anonymousreply 316June 12, 2019 10:22 PM

Speaking of shitty designs, does anyone know if Sarah Hudson, the "rock star" from season one is waiting tables or doing anything in the music industry.. The designers all made ridiculous outfits for her, and the show treated her as if she was going to be the next superstar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317June 12, 2019 10:50 PM

OH, those despicable SJWs like Nina Garcia, raising money and awareness about HIV and AIDS!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318June 13, 2019 6:39 AM

How dare Michael Kors give all proceeds to an AIDs charity. Don't lecture me bitch!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319June 13, 2019 6:41 AM

Et Tu Siriano? What do I care about gun violence, dead party boys and Gay Pride!!! Don't shove awareness down my throat. The show is about FASHION and fashion means SEABASTION because I WANT HIM IN ME QUITE DEEPLY!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320June 13, 2019 6:45 AM

This dress makes me mad. It's so artful and beautiful. Why couldn't Siriano have made if for Seabastion's collection? UGH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321June 13, 2019 6:50 AM

How very dare she!?! Karlie Kloss is praising HESTER. It's some kind of evil feminist lesbionic AFFIRMATIVE REALITY plot to ruin Seabastion's career!!! Of course. Oh I hate black people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322June 13, 2019 7:01 AM

The posts are coming from inside the thread!

by Anonymousreply 323June 13, 2019 7:04 AM

wink wink, cha cha cha

by Anonymousreply 324June 13, 2019 7:08 AM

[quote] Hester is more Beverley Johnson than Westwood.

I think you meant Betsey Johnson, R313.

Beverley Johnson is an African American model from waaaaaay back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325June 13, 2019 10:45 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326June 13, 2019 10:51 AM

That's the only half-decent dress Hester made R322. That, and the survival dress which Elaine checked her with her "cultural appropriation" speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327June 13, 2019 10:53 AM

Do people hate Karlie, or just the family she's married into?

by Anonymousreply 328June 13, 2019 1:10 PM

I would actually love Karlie, because she seems nice enough.

However, I just can't get past her association with the Kushners and the Dumps.

You are who you associate with, or the company that you keep. That's how the saying goes.

by Anonymousreply 329June 13, 2019 1:25 PM

Karlie is much like Katie Lee in that one never thinks sh'e just speaking normally, but doing a bad job of reading her cue cards. There is no warmth of being genuine in either.

by Anonymousreply 330June 13, 2019 1:38 PM

Heidi was much more genuine....and has better legs...

by Anonymousreply 331June 13, 2019 10:07 PM

I love me some Heidi sass, her wacky inappropriateness and that snorting laugh, but she was getting a big long in the leg and Tim had been acting fake concerned for years. They needed to add some youth to the show. The fashion business is not for 60 years olds. They kept Nina because, she actually knows stuff and she's got a very legit job. Vanessa Craft of Elle Canada would be a great addition if they knew who she was. She has personality AND expertise to spare. She's black, sassy and sarcastic. If anyone has seen the show "Stitched" she and Joe Zee bring much more fun and fashion to it than the current PR judges manage.

Love Siriano and Elaine. Karlie needs to get better - but she's a nice girl. Would much rather see Zac Posen in Maxwell's seat as a personality and Posen is still only 38. But he's pretty much a wedding dress and uniform designer at this point. Maxwell seems much more of an emotional stylist than a designer. He and Siriano should switch jobs, but Christian didn't want to be a judge.

Regardless, Heidi is not really missed in this new format. She's too old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332June 13, 2019 11:49 PM

Go HESTER!!!

by Anonymousreply 333June 13, 2019 11:58 PM

One really nice surprise is Christian Siriano. You can definitely argue he’s not a typical mentor in the Tim Gunn mode, but he’s a great presence on the small screen.

by Anonymousreply 334June 13, 2019 11:59 PM

Shhhh.... the bootleg channel stream is operational again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335June 14, 2019 12:25 AM

If Sebastian does not win I will never watch this fixed shit again.

Hesters shit is laughable and no way, no how is that considered high fashion.

by Anonymousreply 336June 14, 2019 12:31 AM

A couple of Hester's upcoming pieces...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337June 14, 2019 12:33 AM

I won't say that I will never watch again, R336 but I will be REALLY disappointed if Sebastian doesn't win.

by Anonymousreply 338June 14, 2019 12:36 AM

Based on what we have seen it really can go either way. I have no clue if the judges are going to pick Sebastian or Hester.

by Anonymousreply 339June 14, 2019 12:38 AM

Seabiscuits woven leathuh cane back coat with cha cha miami collar!! Stunning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340June 14, 2019 12:39 AM

Of the three mini-collection pieces Hester showed the last episode, the first is a Clueless knock-off. The second is a lycra croptop with A-line mini skirt and a plain overcoat with faux fur collar. Only the third piece had some interest - only because Christian helped her with suggestions, and still it's nothing we haven't seen before in vintage stores and Forever 21.

by Anonymousreply 341June 14, 2019 12:44 AM

[quote]woven leathuh cane back coat with cha cha miami collar!

Sebastian has imagination, taste, a likable personality, and he can sew. He'll go far.

by Anonymousreply 342June 14, 2019 12:48 AM

Seabastion has sobbed enough. Siriano chose the fabric and pretty much designed his only winning look. Seabastion ain't going to the cfda. But lots of drag queens in Florida need gowns, so he'll be busy.

Hester will win, as is correct.

by Anonymousreply 343June 14, 2019 1:01 AM

OKAY! Here we go hunties!

by Anonymousreply 344June 14, 2019 1:01 AM

Is everybody watching at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 345June 14, 2019 1:33 AM

Mist overused word on this show: AMAZING. Everything is amaaa-zing!

by Anonymousreply 346June 14, 2019 1:40 AM

Well, eastcoast-ers?

by Anonymousreply 347June 14, 2019 1:53 AM

Is anyone else looking for clues? Yesterday, BRAVO tweeted out about Sebastian--See, R290, and on this episode they showed Sebastian's husband. Too obvious? Or, an attempt to mislead?

by Anonymousreply 348June 14, 2019 1:54 AM

Sebastian’s collection was just gorgeous. It really was wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 349June 14, 2019 1:58 AM

OMG!!

That was beyond stunning and beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 350June 14, 2019 1:59 AM

The final dress was breathtaking.

by Anonymousreply 351June 14, 2019 2:00 AM

Garo’s Is beautiful too, not as great as Sebastian’s but great. A thousand times better that Lifetime’s shows. Let’s see what Hester will do.

by Anonymousreply 352June 14, 2019 2:02 AM

The last pieces were better than the first ones for Garo.

by Anonymousreply 353June 14, 2019 2:02 AM

Diane didn't clap for Garo's.

by Anonymousreply 354June 14, 2019 2:04 AM

Nina looked enthralled during Sebastian's runway.

by Anonymousreply 355June 14, 2019 2:05 AM

I'm such a Mary! When Sebastian just burst out crying so did I. I'm so happy for him! And, I don't even know him...

by Anonymousreply 356June 14, 2019 2:05 AM

[quote]Is anyone else looking for clues?

Karlie's dress is in the same spirit of Sebastian's collection.

by Anonymousreply 357June 14, 2019 2:06 AM

Garo's collection was disappointing. Too much black on the runway, at least as seen on TV, does not come off well because all details are lost.

by Anonymousreply 358June 14, 2019 2:07 AM

You can’t take Hester’s collection seriously. It looks like clown hooker wear.

Sorry but it does.

by Anonymousreply 359June 14, 2019 2:10 AM

It has to be Sebastian.

by Anonymousreply 360June 14, 2019 2:10 AM

Hester is soooo not my cup of tea, but that collection was great. It was inventive, fun, and young. I would never wear her stuff, but I have to admit it was very modern and new.

by Anonymousreply 361June 14, 2019 2:10 AM

Hester: " I feel like I created a fashion revolution".

LOL!!

by Anonymousreply 362June 14, 2019 2:11 AM

OMG. Clown hooker wear. Perfect description, r359!

by Anonymousreply 363June 14, 2019 2:11 AM

^ that said, some of Hester’s pieces fell a little flat, but her standout pieces were great. As compared to Sebastian, who didn’t put a weak look down the runway. Sebastian for the win.

by Anonymousreply 364June 14, 2019 2:12 AM

[quote]Hester is soooo not my cup of tea, but that collection was great. It was inventive, fun, and young.

It's the best construction that she has done for this whole season. I must admit that I did like that see-through plastic and fabric number.

by Anonymousreply 365June 14, 2019 2:13 AM

Hester is certainly fun and inventive but how practical in real life? Maybe Japan streetwear or the club, but that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 366June 14, 2019 2:14 AM

Diane was praising Hester: "She's really talented"

by Anonymousreply 367June 14, 2019 2:14 AM

Judging now

All round praise for Sebastian

by Anonymousreply 368June 14, 2019 2:17 AM

Diane is for Hester. "If you don't win, you can come work for me."

by Anonymousreply 369June 14, 2019 2:19 AM

I actually like what Hester is wearing herself more than the clothing that the models wore of hers.

by Anonymousreply 370June 14, 2019 2:21 AM

Diane why don't you just mentor Hester and keep her away.

by Anonymousreply 371June 14, 2019 2:27 AM

It's a miracle!!!

by Anonymousreply 372June 14, 2019 2:29 AM

So Sebastian won?

Look forward to catching the ep and seeing his collection walk.

by Anonymousreply 373June 14, 2019 2:29 AM

Yes!!!!!

Sebas !!!

by Anonymousreply 374June 14, 2019 2:29 AM

Well deserved, Sebastian! 👏👏👏

by Anonymousreply 375June 14, 2019 2:29 AM

Nina's speech to Sebastian!

by Anonymousreply 376June 14, 2019 2:30 AM

Very well deserved! That collection was just unbelievably beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 377June 14, 2019 2:31 AM

YAY, SEBASTIAN!!!!

BTW, Elaine looked very HOT!

by Anonymousreply 378June 14, 2019 2:31 AM

Andy Cohen will have Sebastian on WWHL now, among others.

by Anonymousreply 379June 14, 2019 2:32 AM

OK Sebastian is just the bartender on WWHL

by Anonymousreply 380June 14, 2019 2:35 AM

Bravo Sebastián. ¡Enhorabuena!

by Anonymousreply 381June 14, 2019 2:38 AM

GORGEOUS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382June 14, 2019 2:45 AM

Very well deserved!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383June 14, 2019 2:46 AM

Woohoo! The right person won.

by Anonymousreply 384June 14, 2019 2:48 AM

So for all of the criticism of the new version of Project Runway, I can’t remember a single winner on Lifetime’s version that had a collection as beautiful as Sebastian’s. It was just stunning. Not a weak piece in the whole collection.

by Anonymousreply 385June 14, 2019 2:48 AM

Though to be fair r385, none of them on Lifetime had as much time as Sebastian to make their collection.

by Anonymousreply 386June 14, 2019 2:52 AM

The side trim on those trousers was eye-grabbing in that suit by Sebastian, and while the dress was stunning, that white stripe he wanted down the middle of that model’s face was inspired.

by Anonymousreply 387June 14, 2019 2:57 AM

South Floridian Sebastian Grey wins ‘Project Runway’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388June 14, 2019 3:04 AM

I haven't been watching that closely all season but did Garo only make it to the final 3 because of his pretty face? It certainly wasn't his talent, though he does seem like a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 389June 14, 2019 3:15 AM

I'd have preferred to see Tessa instead of Garo in the finale, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 390June 14, 2019 3:19 AM

I loved the finale. Love the way that the finale runway show wasn't a part of fashion week. Glad Sebastian won, but Hester really brought it.

by Anonymousreply 391June 14, 2019 3:28 AM

This is my first year watching, but in other seasons have designers other than the winner had success?

by Anonymousreply 392June 14, 2019 4:04 AM

Depends on what you mean by success, plenty of them, including non winners, are still making a living in fashion and doing well. But the only true break out success story from Runway is Season 4 winner Christian Siriano.

by Anonymousreply 393June 14, 2019 4:07 AM

R393, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 394June 14, 2019 4:09 AM

Nina’s speech to Sebastian after his win was really emotional and touching. His collection was spectacular, start to finish, and it would have been robbery if he was denied the win.

Hester has some talent, but as was pointed out, she needs a mentor. Badly. Garo’s collection included a lot of sloppy work that didn’t fit properly and didn’t pop on the runway. It was hard to believe he had months to prepare that stuff, and in the end, m not sure he belonged there. He sure did compliment himself, though.

In the end, the judges got it right, and it was a successful season. I think Sebastian has a shot at big time success.

by Anonymousreply 395June 14, 2019 4:33 AM

[Quote]I'd have preferred to see Tessa instead of Garo in the finale, to be honest.

Agreed. Tessa's elimination was fair, but I wish this revamp still had decoy collections because I would be interested to see hers.

I dislike her as a person, but her video game challenge look was honestly one of my favorite from the season.

Garo seems like a great guy, but his stuff has always seemed dated.

by Anonymousreply 396June 14, 2019 4:39 AM

I heard that Jeffrey Epstein ordered some of Hester's outfits, avec Teddy bears.

For all of Hester's wackiness, it was Sebastian who had original design ideas.

by Anonymousreply 397June 14, 2019 4:55 AM

I would be interested and learning/hearing about why everything was basically done in Brooklyn. To me, this was a HUGE slap in the face to Manhattan proper. I'm sure costs had something to do with it but... I think there is more than costs going on here.

Also, did the designers have different living accommodations? That space did not look like the same apartment as the one used earlier.

I LOVED that space used for the runway show! Another message sent by PR! The usage of historical venues, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398June 14, 2019 10:07 AM

[quote]Garo seems like a great guy, but his stuff has always seemed dated.

It came across to me that he became overwhelmed by the whole process. He couldn't make a decision. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and therefore how in the world would you send anything down the runway that wasn't perfect? Garo had like 30 different pieces! And, there wasn't any sense of consistency. He sabotaged himself.

by Anonymousreply 399June 14, 2019 10:31 AM

[quote]For all of Hester's wackiness,

You mean her Pedophilia wear? What grown woman would wear her stuff--outside of the bedroom? What is the attraction of her work? To capture that innocent little girl inside every woman?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400June 14, 2019 10:54 AM

"Daddy, I've been bad."

I mean... a Teddy Bear? Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401June 14, 2019 10:56 AM

I was not a fan of Christian at the beginning of the show but he finally came out of his shell and was really nice at the end. I hated everything Hester produced, she's a bad joke. So glad Sebastian won, everything he did was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 402June 14, 2019 11:01 AM

The dress in the link is probably the least thing of Sebastian's that I liked. And... I even liked it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403June 14, 2019 11:06 AM

That was some entrance that they gave Diane von Furstenberg. "The Goddess Descending From the Heavens"....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404June 14, 2019 11:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405June 14, 2019 11:43 AM

[quote]That was some entrance that they gave Diane von Furstenberg. "The Goddess Descending From the Heavens"....

I think she did it in a previous season, the one with Kenley and the keyhole dress that didn't have a keyhole?

by Anonymousreply 406June 14, 2019 11:56 AM

And, poor model Kate! Just humiliated to the very end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407June 14, 2019 11:59 AM

When I saw the get-up that R400 posted of the big-girl-in-a-little-girl dress and how the model plodded down the runway, I immediately thought that that must have been what Sarah Huckabee looked like as an over-sized 10-year-old towering over her school mates, but still dressing for her age. Was Sarah a big, hulking child? Don't know, but the imagery made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 408June 14, 2019 2:12 PM

If Disney ever needs a designer to create new fashions for Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck for X-rated films, Hester Sunshine is the their girl!

by Anonymousreply 409June 14, 2019 2:29 PM

Garo was sent home with ten k and returns with a pot belly and odd fuzzy thinking. Looks like he spent more time having fun with the ten k on eating and maybe some other substance too. I expected better of him, but clearly there is an indication that his confusion, inability to focus and poor judgment might have been due to more than just the pressure of the show. I still wonder if a drug screen needs to be done for potential contestants on the show. I think the show was a let down from previous shows.

by Anonymousreply 410June 14, 2019 3:13 PM

Isn't Garo a little long in the tooth to suddenly break out into mainstream? He's always got the drag queens and that hideous Jocelyn Wildenstein look-alike.

by Anonymousreply 411June 14, 2019 3:17 PM

[quote]Isn't Garo a little long in the tooth to suddenly break out into mainstream?

Well, he said that he has been in business for 20 years. I'm sure that he wanted to win--who wouldn't want to win $300K, but I think if he works all of the publicity that he has gotten from this contest he'll do quite well.

by Anonymousreply 412June 14, 2019 3:28 PM

And, it's press like the following that doesn't help him break into the mainstream;

[quote]If you're a drag queen — especially one who has earned a spot on RuPaul's Drag Race — you have a much better chance at wearing Project Runway designer Garo Sparo's clothes than the average person. He specializes in corsetry, custom stage wear, and bridal, but thanks to Project Runway, he might have more ready-to-wear pieces available in the near future."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413June 14, 2019 3:32 PM

This actually doesn't look bad on a man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414June 14, 2019 3:51 PM

Beautiful "People" magazine write up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415June 14, 2019 4:48 PM

Great article on the finale. I have to say I agree on pretty much every single point. I nearly forgot what it was like to enjoy the personalities and outlooks of the designers instead of the drama and conflict.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416June 14, 2019 4:59 PM

Yay!! Sebastian won! I just watched the finale on demand. I felt there was a clue there, when DVF suggested that if Hester didn't win, she could work for her. When the three names were called and critiqued, as they came in for the final decision, the sequence was Garo, Hester then Sebastian.... meaning: Garo (3rd place)...Hester (2nd)...then Sebastian (winner). Also noted, their names weren't called according to the position of where they were standing. Sebastian was a no brainer, as far as being the best, most talented among the three. He really deserved it!

by Anonymousreply 417June 14, 2019 5:29 PM

^Thanks for that, R416. It is a good overview and write up. The comments were quite interesting. The following one in particular;

[quote]Did Garo have the cursed plus-size model, the one who walks/stomps, as one of his models?

Garo wanted the plus-sized models. I think he has a fetish (for lack of a better word) for plus sized women. He likes his women rubenesque. That's not odd. These women were quite popular at one time. And given that Garo is "rubenesque" himself he may feel kinship with them and feels sexual and sexually desirable. One can only imagine the skills that he has.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418June 14, 2019 5:30 PM

I’ve had little good to say about this new version, and was particularly against having various sized models, but I’ve been converted. The finale was good all around, and I’m so glad Sebastian won. I appreciated Hester's collection, but agree she needs mentoring. She’s a very interesting designer. Sebastian’s look for his plus sized model with the vertical lines on sheer fabric was fantastic (as was the rest of his collection). When you contrast how these designers dressed plus sized model to Ashley’s collection on Lifetime, her win becomes even more ridiculous...

by Anonymousreply 419June 14, 2019 5:48 PM

I think that was the most emotional I've ever seen Nina over a winner. It was so touching.

by Anonymousreply 420June 14, 2019 5:53 PM

FYI

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421June 14, 2019 5:56 PM

Sebastian seemed to be the winner from early on. I was really happy for him. To think he was cleaning houses with all of that talent... it's crazy.

I thought Hester's line was kind of interesting. Nobody could wear most of it, but there might be versions in there that can be turned into actual clothes. I liked the patterns she came up with. Some of the batshit crazy combos were just kinda entertaining & perhaps camp might apply... or maybe it just was like as Diane von Furstenberg said - kinda a "fuck you, I'll wear what I want" type of personality in that whole line.

Garo is pretty talented & I don't think his designing clothes for drag queens is such a bad thing. Think of all the thousands of costume designers for everything from Broadway to big movies. Someone has to design all of that. Maybe that's more for the syfy channel costume show (I think it's been cancelled) but he still has some pretty cool ideas. I posted this in the (very brief) thread about the movie "I am Mother" on Netflix. This was an incredibly involved costume design & a very different world - but I think the talent of those involved is just as important. Some people on this thread might enjoy this video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422June 14, 2019 7:42 PM

What a loving couple Sebastian and his husband seem to be. I loved that the final three were all same sex marriages...

by Anonymousreply 423June 14, 2019 8:22 PM

We've never had an all gay finale for Runway before.

by Anonymousreply 424June 14, 2019 8:27 PM

I personally liked Hester's collection the best, but I don't begrudge Sebastian his win - he had a great collection.

For those of you complaining about Karlie's marrying into deplorable connections, her husband is a Democrat, not a Republican. So she might have deplorable in laws but her husband isn't one of them, and presumably she isn't either.

by Anonymousreply 425June 14, 2019 9:59 PM

[quote] Hester's collection

Her skirts reminded me of Christian LaCroix's (I know... WHO?) bubble skirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426June 14, 2019 10:10 PM

I think Garo has an incredibly handsome face, he really looks like an Italian Renaissance portrait of a Roman nobleman.

But his body? Sometimes he looks quite ungainly.

by Anonymousreply 427June 14, 2019 10:54 PM

[quote]But his body? Sometimes he looks quite ungainly.

HE IS RUBENESQUE!

by Anonymousreply 428June 14, 2019 10:56 PM

Garo has grown as round as he is wide - but he retains a noble handsome face. Unusual. I don't understand the Sebastian attraction at all. He's short, pudgy, queeny and looks far older than his age. Nice that he won something. Nina's speech was beautiful and heartfelt. Elaine looked incredible from H to T. Christian is the quirky smart heart of the new show.

What happened to all the complainers about the SJW shit show that is the new Project Runway? All sources agree the new iteration is a positive change on most all fronts. As they have all season. It wasn't a talented cast under the top 5. But the rest has been right. Fresh and sweet. Big girl models included. You know they are still fit models, right? Not misshapen folk grabbed from the mall.

Hester SHOULD go work for DVF. She won't, but she should.

by Anonymousreply 429June 14, 2019 11:21 PM

Hester should go intern with DVF but anyone who thinks she'll see much of DVF in the workroom is very naive about the fashion biz.

by Anonymousreply 430June 15, 2019 1:40 AM

Hester wishes her skirts looked as good as that LaCroix...maybe after an internship with DVF..

by Anonymousreply 431June 15, 2019 1:48 AM

[quote]What happened to all the complainers about the SJW shit show that is the new Project Runway?

All the good press. People really liked the show or Christian has a FANTASTIC publicist! Below is another glowing write up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432June 15, 2019 1:56 AM

I'm glad Sebastian won, but I like Hester as well. I can see why DVF liked her.

by Anonymousreply 433June 15, 2019 1:57 AM

R425 I preferred Hester to win too but while Karlie clearly is a democrat it's actually a bad thing that Josh thinks of himself as a democrat. He's exactly what weakens the party because he thinks of himself as left wing while not actually sharing their values day to day. His businesses like oscar health have clear and documented problems while he pretends that his company is actually ethical. That's not counting his other dealings with his family members. He may believe he is left wing but his day to day actions are typical billionaire stuff. All the stuff you see in the media about him being not like his family is just PR.

by Anonymousreply 434June 15, 2019 1:57 AM

Hester is so awful. What a disaster. PLZ DIE.

I can picture her angrily tearing down all that tacky, "whimsical" shit on the walls of that sad little home she shares with her wife. Something has to pay for her loss, dammit!!! LOL

by Anonymousreply 435June 15, 2019 1:57 AM

[quote]Hester should go intern with DVF but anyone who thinks she'll see much of DVF in the workroom is very naive about the fashion biz.

Siriano interned at Vivienne Westwood and Alexander McQueen before he competed on PR. Doesn't mean he was hanging with them. Sheesh. How stupid do you think people are R430? The fashion biz??? Take a nap gramps.

by Anonymousreply 436June 15, 2019 1:59 AM

Honey, these days DFV is rarely in the workroom herself.

by Anonymousreply 437June 15, 2019 2:02 AM

I have to say I would have enjoyed just a bit of snarky humor in Christian every now and then like he showed when he was a contestant himself....though I guess it wouldn't be appropriate in a mentor.

But I bet a little of that side of him will come out in seasons to come as he gets more comfortable with the job.

by Anonymousreply 438June 15, 2019 2:02 AM

You all missed out on what is TRUE fashion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439June 15, 2019 2:03 AM

FINALLY!

For those who have not seen the program or who would like to watch it again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440June 15, 2019 2:19 AM

Does anyone have a guesstimate of what a stylist like Marni would charge and bill a client for? Heck! What is an average cost for a stylist?

by Anonymousreply 441June 15, 2019 2:32 AM

quote [Should we hug, or keep it f a s h i o n ?]

Siriano is the guy. They were lucky to the last minute with him.

by Anonymousreply 442June 15, 2019 4:24 AM

[quote]Should we hug, or keep it f a s h i o n ?

by Anonymousreply 443June 15, 2019 4:26 AM

I think Garo and his corsets are really a match made in heaven for his plus-sized women. The cinched waists on the heavier girls looked great and even sexy, and I think that’s why he favored the plump gals. Very flattering. I am no fan of Hester and her esthetic, but I believe she is a little ahead of her time and we may see more of of her designs as US street wear, maybe in the next 5-10 years.

by Anonymousreply 444June 15, 2019 5:30 AM

Joshua Kushner is certainly a democrat on paper, but him and Jared are still very close. He is way more intertwined with the Kusher family and by extension the Trump family than he likes to admit.

by Anonymousreply 445June 15, 2019 5:59 AM

[quote]I have to say I would have enjoyed just a bit of snarky humor in Christian every now and then like he showed when he was a contestant himself....though I guess it wouldn't be appropriate in a mentor.

Christian was already noticeably more snarky than Tim ever was.

by Anonymousreply 446June 15, 2019 6:03 AM

Garo blew up like a poison dog. He must eat under pressure.

by Anonymousreply 447June 15, 2019 7:27 AM

[quote] I am no fan of Hester and her esthetic, but I believe she is a little ahead of her time

I mostly know about fashion through fashion magazines which I used to buy for the gorgeous photography. I'm not an expert on the clothing part but I've seen enough to know that Hester is not ahead of anything. I didn't see anything from her I haven't seen many times before from other designers over the years. I wouldn't really care enough to say anything but since she kept hinting she's practically revolutionizing the fashion world with her "completely new" designs I just wanted to point out that with those designs she isn't. Especially those tit cups were horrendous. Gaultier, for example, did them a hundred times better decades ago. I bet you can find many of the Hester's looks off the rack in Japan. Like I said I wouldn't care otherwise but since herself and Bravo started presenting her as some kind of extra special talent who's predicting the future I just got annoyed.

I do understand that her style and her clothes do stand out from the rest of the crowd and I certainly wish she gets to have an awesome career. Maybe with good mentoring, like everyone keeps saying, she will finally truly find her own voice.

Garo's collection was slightly disappointing. He's so used to making these over the top costumes it seems to be really hard for him to create something effortless and simple the way Sebastian does. He really needs a good editor to tell him what to do while he's making the clothes. That said I doubt he's able to change his ways that much any more, and quite frankly he doesn't have to. He's capable of making gorgeous clothes but they probably lack that certain something that would them make haute couture. Maybe his strength is to be rough around the edges and a bit trashy. I'm sure many women find that way more appealing than Sebastian's clean lined ritch bitch clothes. Sebastian is clearly on his way to become a true haute couture designer, and I certainly hope he gets there. Until then Garo will probably see his business grow hugely now that he's shown he can make bigger women look awesome in his dresses.

by Anonymousreply 448June 15, 2019 10:41 AM

The PR producers must have encouraged Garo to keep wearing black as it did help to camouflage his weight gain.

by Anonymousreply 449June 15, 2019 10:41 AM

"I am no fan of Hester and her esthetic"

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 450June 15, 2019 10:55 AM

Hester should take up that offer by DVF, of getting some experience in her design firm. I thought of another designer she'd be perfect for...Betsey Johnson. Betsey's designs were always fun, whimsical and funky. Is Betsey still around anymore?

by Anonymousreply 451June 15, 2019 10:56 AM

Garo keeps getting criticized for designing of drag queens, But Bob Mackie has made a huge career out of doing that very thing.

by Anonymousreply 452June 15, 2019 12:04 PM

[quote]We've never had an all gay finale for Runway before.

And, I like how that isn't a focus. It's just treated as "matter of fact". For me, this was a good decision by the show. If same-sex unions are treated as nothing out of the ordinary then they all will be thought as ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 453June 15, 2019 12:06 PM

Hester's schtick is just an American's riff on the whole Japanese Harajuku/Lolita/Fruits style that's been around for decades. I think she's fine at what she does but the market for that stuff is very niche. Younger girls who are into cosplay, clubbers/ravers, etc.

Where are all the whiners who were so sure that she was going to win?

I like Garo, but he is really hit or miss, and not terribly innovative. That one model gave me Melania Trump vibes...shudder. Sebastian winning was the perfect ending - lovely to see someone so deserving get rewarded. I really hope he will be able to sustain a real career.

by Anonymousreply 454June 15, 2019 12:19 PM

I see Hester's future as having a clothes and accessories boutique in some newly trendy neighborhood. Sebastian uses the CFDA mentorship, gets a backer and develops a high end line.

by Anonymousreply 455June 15, 2019 12:46 PM

[Quote]The PR producers must have encouraged Garo to keep wearing black as it did help to camouflage his weight gain.

More like Garo is super self-conscious that he gained weight and had to go on television for the world to see so of course he tried to hide it as much as he could.

by Anonymousreply 456June 15, 2019 12:47 PM

There's something about Garo that creeps/grosses me out.

by Anonymousreply 457June 15, 2019 12:52 PM

[quote]Where are all the whiners who were so sure that she was going to win?

Yeah! Especially the Anti-Sebastian Troll/Bully.

by Anonymousreply 458June 15, 2019 1:05 PM

Hope Sebastian makes it big and stays with his husband (unlike Siriano), who supported him through hard times.

by Anonymousreply 459June 15, 2019 1:06 PM

Tsk tsk, all this bodyshaming Garo...we are supposed to believe plus size is beautiful now!

by Anonymousreply 460June 15, 2019 1:07 PM

So glad Sebastian won. The show really sucked though, I was in for like 4 episodes and couldn't take anymore. I watched the winner announced on the Bravo web site and saw his collection..just couldn't watch anymore of this shitfest.

by Anonymousreply 461June 15, 2019 1:13 PM

Native Colombian immigrant bests competition in finale of Bravo design competition "on talent alone."

[quote]"Felicitaciones," murmured Elle magazine editor-in-chief Nina García to Sebastian Grey when he was announced as the winner of the rebooted 17th season of Project Runway last night on Bravo. "As a Latina, I am so proud of the story that you have told. You are the personification of the American dream," García told the Colombian émigré-turned-janitor-turned-competition winner. "You came to this country, you worked really hard and you are standing here as a winner on talent alone."

[quote]"It was emotional, I’m getting chills just thinking of it" says judge Welteroth on the phone to The Hollywood Reporter the day after the wrap-up about as she recounted Grey’s tearful reaction. "You could see how much it meant to him and it was a really special moment with Nina. I loved it."

TAKE THAT TRUMP AND HIS EVIL SUPPORTERS!!!

¡Dios bendiga America!

Dieu bénisse l'amérique!

God bless America!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462June 15, 2019 1:13 PM

[quote]Hope Sebastian makes it big and stays with his husband (unlike Siriano), who supported him through hard times.

You have to trade up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463June 15, 2019 1:27 PM

DAMN!

It's no-name press but mainstream will eventually pick up on all of this and BRAVO will have its top show again! The following is another very good write up.

Project Runway Season 17 Redeemed Itself With That Fierce Finale/ GINA CARBONE

I have been tough on Project Runway Season 17. Halfway through the 2019 season, I wasn't sold on the new judges or the great Christian Siriano as post-Tim Gunn mentor, and I wasn't happy with how some of the decisions had played out. But after last night's Thursday, June 13 finale, I am sold.

I'm not an "all's well that ends well" person, but there's no question a reality competition show with a good winner can elevate the whole season. Project Runway Season 17 ended with two very strong collections (and some good pieces from Gary Sparo), and ended with the right winner: Sebastian Grey.

Just about every fan poll before the Project Runway Season 17 finale leaned toward Sebastian Grey as the winner, with the Colombian born designer getting a lot of support out there. He truly seemed to be in a league of his own. However, I have to give props to Hester Sunshine for her solid finish.

I know her aesthetic is not everyone's cup of tea, but you know a Hester design the minute you see it, and she does have a lot of fans out there who would wear her stuff. You might even be able to afford her stuff, because I have a feeling Sebastian's meticulously crafted pieces will go for thousands upon thousands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464June 15, 2019 1:43 PM

Some of Sebastian's collection is going to be sold on the PR website but his designs depend on a lot of intricate finishing, so they will need to be dumbed down quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 465June 15, 2019 1:55 PM

[quote]Some of Sebastian's collection is going to be sold on the PR website but his designs depend on a lot of intricate finishing,

I wonder if his leather belts have gone into production through somebody?

by Anonymousreply 466June 15, 2019 1:58 PM

Perhaps his dad?

by Anonymousreply 467June 15, 2019 2:08 PM

If I was a woman, I would kill for one of Sebastian's belts. Karlie was right when she said she could see them at Hermes. Even Christian wanted one.

I still like Hester- coming in second place with praise from DVF is not bad at all.

by Anonymousreply 468June 15, 2019 2:19 PM

[quote]If I was a woman, I would kill for one of Sebastian's belts. Karlie was right when she said she could see them at Hermes. Even Christian wanted one.

If they're handmade and saddle stitched, he's got a winner!

by Anonymousreply 469June 15, 2019 2:26 PM

DVF wanted in Hester's panties.

by Anonymousreply 470June 15, 2019 4:27 PM

Nobody is going to watch the new Klum/Gunn design show. This new version of PR made everyone realize how tired and predictable the old show had become. I felt like I was rediscovering PR all over again. I even grew to love Judge Elaine.

by Anonymousreply 471June 15, 2019 4:33 PM

My other question is why is it taking so long to get the new Heidi Klum/Tim Gunn project out there? Wasn’t it announced when Bravo got the original PR show back? What’s the hold up?

by Anonymousreply 472June 15, 2019 6:10 PM

I have question too--even though many of them are nit being answered... How is Project Runway different from the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund award? Could these designers apply for that competition too? Would it be an option for Sebastian also?

[quote]After weeks of competition, it all comes down to a vote. In the final meeting, the judges review the designers and cast their vote of who should win this year’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund award. Even though only one name will be called, no one really loses in this competition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473June 15, 2019 8:29 PM

Agree with the top ten designs ever?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474June 15, 2019 9:19 PM

As I expected, Hester does not want to be a cog in the DVF house. Going from trying to start your own line to working for someone else is a serious thing. I didn't think Hester would be excited by the idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475June 15, 2019 11:46 PM

[quote]Going from trying to start your own line to working for someone else is a serious thing. I didn't think Hester would be excited by the idea.

I suppose she feels as if "been there done that."

Hester Sunshine is a fashion designer with 10+ years of experience in the New York City fashion industry. She currently resides in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

During her years in New York, Hester designed high fashion, ready-to-wear apparel, accessories, and even Halloween costumes. She worked everywhere from Betsey Johnson to Coach to Kate Spade, and designed private label for Hot Topic, Spencer Gifts, Nordstorms, Walmart and more.

Now, after years working for other people and dealing with overseas factories and fast fashion companies, Hester has created Sunshine By Hester, a hand-made U.S. based line that offers high quality fantasy seasonal accessories for everyone!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476June 16, 2019 12:14 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477June 16, 2019 12:19 AM

HA! Look at the changes. Her teeth.

To me this is very revealing. Of course, the teeth are an improvement but it reveals to me that Hester is very image conscious, etc. There's probably much more to this gal than I have given her credit for. Oh! This video is at least a year old.

Also, does anyone else thinks that she is reminiscent of Judy Tenuta?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478June 16, 2019 12:35 AM

Judy Tenuta

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479June 16, 2019 12:37 AM

Maybe Hester just doesn't want to leave her wife.

Throughout the season, she talked about how she used to live in New York and had a great group of friends. However, she moved to New Mexico to be with either her family or her wife's family. Hester didn't elaborate on the reason(s) why, she just said that she sort of "had to" move (back?) to New Mexico.

I'm guessing that she's there for a reason, and that's why she can't work for DVF.

by Anonymousreply 480June 16, 2019 1:34 AM

[quote]To me this is very revealing. Of course, the teeth are an improvement but it reveals to me that Hester is very image conscious, etc. There's probably much more to this gal than I have given her credit for. Oh! This video is at least a year old.

My god, she's exhausting. Constantly "on" with her forced camp persona. Blecch.

I hated Judy Tenuta too, for the record.

by Anonymousreply 481June 16, 2019 2:58 AM

[quote]As I expected, Hester does not want to be a cog in the DVF house

It doesn't sound like she doesn't want to. It sounds like she isn't able to negotiate what she wants. Aka DVF isn't hot about Hester's terms.

by Anonymousreply 482June 16, 2019 4:45 AM

Brandon Maxwell cracked me up with his numerous quips about "the reveal".

"Even in the woods they found a way to do a reveal!"

by Anonymousreply 483June 16, 2019 4:49 AM

Could be, R482. But, I really think that Hester thought that she was going to win and had already spent the money. The same can be said for Garo. I caught those few seconds of the "What the fuck" moments from both of them.

Were I either of them, I'd invest in a top-notch publicist to really get my name out there. Sebastian should follow Christian's business model and head for the red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 484June 16, 2019 5:00 AM

I wonder if Sebastian married his husband for a green card or for safety to remain in this country? They got married in March of 2017. A few months into this Trump nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 485June 16, 2019 5:08 AM

[quote]Sebastian should follow Christian's business model and head for the red carpet.

I also think Sebastian has the potential to be the second Christian out of PR if he plays it right.

I was bummed that Jay (PR-1) didn't amount to more but he seemed not to be cut out for it. His finale collection and the follow-up at FW were fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 486June 16, 2019 6:03 AM

Sebastian and Bishme celebrating Pride

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487June 16, 2019 6:09 AM

There is nothing at the link r475 posted that makes it sound like Hester would turn down an opportunity to work for DVF.

by Anonymousreply 488June 16, 2019 6:10 AM

R400, Did you not understand my "Jeffrey Epstein" reference in r397?

by Anonymousreply 489June 16, 2019 6:19 AM

Looking at Sebastian’s Instagram at r487 reveals how ready he was/is for the big stage. Gorgeous stuff. It was telling to watch his pep talk to the models before the runway and after. Very professional and ready for big time success. I hadn’t seen that from any other designer on any Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 490June 16, 2019 12:29 PM

Sebastian said on WWHL that he was "only a little surprised" that he won.

by Anonymousreply 491June 16, 2019 1:01 PM

It was obvious from the beginning that Sebastian was the winner out of this crop. No one else comes close. There were many weeks he should have been at least top 3 where he was"safe" and we didn't get to see his looks up close. I guess they couldn't just show him winning every week right up to the finale. His only "bad" look was the Elton John one, and it wasn't terrible.

Hester has something, though. I hope she is successful. Same with Bishme. He has real talent, and I hope someone mentors him or gives him a chance.

I didn't miss Heidi and Tim at all. I think the judging panel is a good mix, and even though he got off to a rocky start, Christian was a great mentor. Pretty cool they have someone in that role who not only knows what it's like to be a contestant, but is actually relevant in the world of fashion today.

by Anonymousreply 492June 16, 2019 1:17 PM

Agreed that no one else came close to Sebastian’s degree of design and ability to construct said design. He should have won nearly every challenge. I’m surprised that his first challenge piece didn’t receive more acclaim from the judges or the posters here. It was really beautiful, expertly made and worlds ahead of Tessa’s winner. His accessories were/are amazing, and it was surprising to me that Hester seemed to garner more praise for hers than he did (even though they loved his belts)...

by Anonymousreply 493June 16, 2019 1:34 PM

Agree R492, Christian is a massive improvement. He got more comfortable towards the end of the season and I think he'll be even better in the next

by Anonymousreply 494June 16, 2019 1:36 PM

If he would stop telling the designers what to choose or what to do. " Do the dress in red."

by Anonymousreply 495June 16, 2019 1:38 PM

Well, I like that Christian is a little more specific with his suggestions than Tim.

How many more times could we hear the brilliant advice: "Make it work!"

by Anonymousreply 496June 16, 2019 1:54 PM

But with Tim, the audience could be sure that the finished product was the designer's decision. With Christian's fabric comments and obvious input, one could never be sure. That's the difference between an educator and a designer. He could suggest ( maybe try another fabric), but not tell them which one to choose. It had an effect on Hester's white monstrosity that he made her change to a red dress, which was praised by the panel. Had it not been for his interference, she might have been in worse shape. Of course, she took all of the credit for changing to red.

by Anonymousreply 497June 16, 2019 2:03 PM

Agree with you R497. Tim was like a therapist guiding the designers to the issue and resolution but without telling them.

by Anonymousreply 498June 16, 2019 2:14 PM

[quote]Of course, she took all of the credit for changing to red.

And, took credit for it all of the way! "I want to work on the red more..."

[quote]With Christian's fabric comments and obvious input, one could never be sure. That's the difference between an educator and a designer. He could suggest ( maybe try another fabric), but not tell them which one to choose.

I agree but part of it I surmised it to be was his excitement about something with the design or the total design that was just missing that "oomph" to push it over the finish line. But, I could see where people could complain that it's unfair and gives an advantage to a competitor.

by Anonymousreply 499June 16, 2019 2:19 PM

Designers would automatically think," This is what I would do." It's only natural. But, he needs to keep it to himself; it's supposed to be a contestant's design, not a Siriano inspired design.

by Anonymousreply 500June 16, 2019 2:24 PM

It was one of the few things of hers that I liked. But, hasn't someone mentioned up thread that Hester's creation was just a play on Jean-Paul Gaultier's work?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501June 16, 2019 2:25 PM

She never was criticized, yet I was always criticized for copying other designers. As a matter of fact, I was told that I had better study other designers if I wanted to make it. But then, my judges actually knew something about fashion and other designers .

by Anonymousreply 502June 16, 2019 2:36 PM

[quote]She never was criticized, yet I was always criticized for copying other designers.

So, it's been about 2-3 times, ( just on these DataLounge threads alone), that she has been criticized for and/or accused of copying various designer's styles/creations. That says something...

by Anonymousreply 503June 16, 2019 2:43 PM

I believe the woman sitting with Christian's husband is Lina Catillo. Her stuff is very high-end and luxury. Sebastian worked for her design house for a number of years. Has anyone located anything about Sebastian's family's leather business? That would be interesting. In fact, did anyone else notice the leather bag (his purse...LOL!) that Sebastian was carrying in the last episode? I sure did!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504June 16, 2019 2:54 PM

R503, but the panel didn't nail her for it. DL means nothing.

by Anonymousreply 505June 16, 2019 2:58 PM

^Hmm... while that may be true R505, here's the thing about that... It's something that my grandmother told me; "Never think that any idea that you have is an original. There are probably thousands who are thinking or who have thought the same thing. The difference is who can make that thought a reality."

Now, I bring this up because if 3 different people here have felt similar things about Hester's work (I was R426 and R478) then more than likely there are hundreds others catching the same vibe too. So, whereas she was not called out on it on the show, who knows where she might be. I think that she will be forced to make more of distinction between herself and other designers or else she is going to fall flat.

by Anonymousreply 506June 16, 2019 3:28 PM

Christian was such a brilliant mentor. His advice to Sebastian and Hester helped to make their final collections. He told Sebastian to keep the flowy white dress, and encouraged Hester to go with red for the solid dress. Garo, who didn't listen to Christian's advice to keep the sparkly dress, was rightly criticized by the judges and eliminated first.

Tim could never rise to the level of Christian's mentorship. That's why designers stopped listening to his advice towards the end.

by Anonymousreply 507June 16, 2019 4:03 PM

I wonder how the anti-Sebastian troll enjoyed the serving of crow? I’m told a dash of remorse makes it go down easier...

by Anonymousreply 508June 16, 2019 4:13 PM

Tim’s advice always seemed to run counter to the judges opinions

by Anonymousreply 509June 16, 2019 4:18 PM

I really like Tim Gunn, but r507 is right, the designers stopped listening to Gunn because his advice often steered them wrong re the judges. However, I have to point out that the judging in the Lifetime year’s was terrible, so I think Tim did the best he could to at least give the designers advice that would work in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 510June 16, 2019 5:05 PM

Much better season than the last few. When Brandon Key lost, it was like the final travesty. Enjoyed this season with Christian as mentor - he was perfect. Not a big fan of the super tall model (sorry forgot her name) and honestly prefer Heidi, but since she is on so little, and fine as a judge, it was okay. The other judges were entertaining. I was very happy Sebastian won - dude is super talented.

by Anonymousreply 511June 16, 2019 5:12 PM

Yeah, I don't think Tim's advice was bad per se, but it was often out of step with the bizarre opinions of the judges. I don't have a problem with Christian's more prescriptive approach. In the real world, people ask for and receive specific suggestions from colleagues and mentors all the time, and it's not like a designer is going to be run out of the profession or denied credit for his work because somebody said "you should make that in red," or "you should use this fabric instead of that one."

by Anonymousreply 512June 16, 2019 5:16 PM

Christian Siriano on Why He's a Better Project Runway Mentor Than Tim Gunn (Exclusive)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513June 16, 2019 5:47 PM

I hope if this season is a great success, they can that male judge....Brandon....something?....and bring in a more high-powered, talented and witty new judge.

by Anonymousreply 514June 16, 2019 6:35 PM

Brandon grew on me a bit near the end. I liked Elaine the least...but all of them have a chance to improve. I'm sure they'll tweak a few things now that the first season is done with. If they can just tone down the preachy "woke" SJW shit then I'd be happy. Diversity is cool, but we don't need to lectured about it and constantly hit over the head with it. Oh, I could do without that Marnie person as well. Why would you trust the opinions of a stylist who looks like she does?

I never warmed up to Zac Posen and I could take or leave Heidi. Liked Tim a lot but in the later seasons he seemed like he was running out of steam. Christian is young and full of energy and ideas. His success from winning PR should be highly inspiring to the contestants, as well.

by Anonymousreply 515June 16, 2019 7:16 PM

^OH! And, there you are...

by Anonymousreply 516June 16, 2019 7:23 PM

Great post R492. Enough already with the Tim Gunn love. He was an administrator and a cheerleader. A mentor should understand the design and construction process, as well as the constraints of time and the particular challenge and even the model involved. Like a fellow designer. It's better to receive good advice than hugs. Christian deserves a lot of the credit for the ultimate success of this first season back.

by Anonymousreply 517June 16, 2019 7:42 PM

I'm surprised they never mentioned that one of Hester's outfits was almost an exact copy of something Cher wore in "Clueless".

by Anonymousreply 518June 16, 2019 9:02 PM

Lets be real about this.

Hester is a copycat. She is currently doing, what has been done for decades. It was in the 80's, it was in Japanese Rappongi street wear, it was in the Club Kid scene.

What Hester is doing, is nothing new. That's why I have never been a huge fan of hers.

HOWEVER. There are good copycats, and there are bad copycats. And she copies well.

Her personal style is very on-point. It's not easy to pull that mish-mashed shit together, along with accessories and makeup and everything else. But she does it well. Every time Hester has appeared in on-camera interviews or on the runway, she has looked very put together.

And Hester's final runway show seemed to be a collection of her own personal style, which is what designers should be doing.

Yes, it's all been done before. But there's no denying that she does it well.

The only drawback about Hester, is that she seems to be a colossal pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 519June 16, 2019 9:11 PM

So, is that why a few times she was complimented on her styling, R519? Someone should post the copy of her "Clueless" interpretation. If no one has seen the film or remember it then....? Hester has pieces that if toned down a bit, but without losing character, could sell.

by Anonymousreply 520June 16, 2019 9:32 PM

Will there be a reunion show?

by Anonymousreply 521June 17, 2019 1:24 PM

In the end I loved this season. And Christian became quite entertaining goofing off with the designers in the last few episodes (like Christian giving Sebastian a hard time for going to Mood for threads and then their encounter at Mood's).

I love Hester's designs for how different they were. There is a market for that kind of young design raver chic.

Garo lost and please, take a wild guess which model was involved that caused the most trouble to the point he had to redo the corset which was incredibly time consuming and it looked unfinished?

Sebastian. Wow. He won. After watching the new Tales of the City I think Sebastian is a Latino Michael "Mouse" Tolliver at heart. And that boyfriend. Cute.

by Anonymousreply 522June 17, 2019 4:31 PM

Hester's "Cyber/Y2K" designs in 2019 are laughably bad. She should stick to selling ill-fitting berets to sad women in the midwest.

Garo will always have customers for his corsets as long as there are drag queens with money to spend.

If Christian had his own show in which he wandered the world and commented on things, I would watch.

by Anonymousreply 523June 17, 2019 5:11 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but most drag queens DON'T have a lot of money to spend on their outfits. RuPaul's Drag Race is not real life.

I'm not sure one could make a great living exclusively designing for drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 524June 17, 2019 5:25 PM

Garo is a great costume designer (he won the Elton John Rocketman challenge for a reason). I can see him doing costume work for TV shows and movies in the not too distant future.

Some of these designers can have a career outside editorial, high end fashion. Hester will probably benefit the most of getting some online shop and social media presence running to reach those Millennials who like to party and be quirky post Project Runway fame. I am almost embarrassed how happy I am for Sebastian. Is this how fraus feel when a frau like Ashley has won in the past?

by Anonymousreply 525June 17, 2019 5:42 PM

[quote] I can see him doing costume work for TV shows and movies in the not too distant future.

I'd be cautious with that prediction. Garo Sparo has been in business for 20 years. He's had his own television show. How much more of an impact do you think that he will or can have?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526June 17, 2019 5:53 PM

Garo dresses Amanda Lepore. That pretty much says it all.

by Anonymousreply 527June 17, 2019 5:57 PM

[quote]Garo dresses Amanda Lepore.

And, Amanda makes A LOT of her costumes herself.

[quote]Chicks with dicks

I thought she got rid of that years ago?

by Anonymousreply 528June 17, 2019 6:00 PM

I am still in shock that they got five months to create their collection (and Bishme choked, but that was understandable given his backstory with the dead relative and the sister's colon cancer diagnosis).

by Anonymousreply 529June 17, 2019 6:07 PM

^MMPH... while artist (or, artiste), can be sensitive people I'm not buying that or giving him that pass. I do think that he was overwhelmed though. Apparently, he was or is homeless.

by Anonymousreply 530June 17, 2019 6:31 PM

He blew through his 10 grand and didn't have enough money for fabric.

by Anonymousreply 531June 17, 2019 6:33 PM

I think they should bring someone like Veronica Webb on, she was a big model in the 80's and 90's, not Naomi level. She is smart and still beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 532June 17, 2019 7:34 PM

Absolutely. No. One. Was happy that that cow won that season of PR, R525.

No. One. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 533June 17, 2019 7:43 PM

R472 - Heidi, seems to be more focused on kids, wedding plans & angering Tokio Hotel fans.

by Anonymousreply 534June 17, 2019 7:59 PM

Sebastian Grey @isebastiangrey 9h9 hours ago

WERREGUE LEATHER GOWN

Leather is very important for me because it is the legacy of my father and I wanted to introduce it for the spring/summer in a unusual way creating a interwoven mesh the allowed the pass of air and make the woman look sexy, strong and soft at the same time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535June 17, 2019 11:03 PM

Sebastian Grey @isebastiangrey 8h8 hours ago

Thank you the belts and the full looks are going to be available soon on my

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536June 17, 2019 11:07 PM

Helmut Rico @helmut_rico Jun 14

Qué orgullo saber que un colombiano gana la 17 edición de Project Runway. @isebastiangrey un caleño que inspiró su colección REMINISCENCE en las cestas Werregue de la tribu Wounana. Se sigue volcando la mirada cultural del mundo a lo latinoamericano!

I'm proud to know that a Colombian wins the 17th edition of Project Runway. @isebastiangrey a caleño that inspired his REMINISCENCE collection in the Werregue baskets of the Wounana tribe. The cultural gaze of the world to Latin America continues to be turned!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537June 17, 2019 11:10 PM

Sebastian has been making great accessories for some time, quite aside from the belts. His cuffs and bracelets look great. One of his simple belts sold for $90 - 2 years ago. He can add a zero to that now! But his woven leather dresses will stretch and lose shape after a while. Of course his clothing is designed to be very high end and that's not a problem if his work translates to the real world. His more diaphanous chiffon striped stuff is nowhere near as interesting and not at all innovative. The capsule knockoff collection will not be great, but if, like Siriano and Michael Costello he is given opportunity to design and continue to produce high end garments, he might be a big success.

I still think his blue trench dress in heavy satin? was his best look. With the sleeveless looped leather column dress a close second.

BUT, get those accessories in production ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 538June 17, 2019 11:38 PM

You can diss Lifetime all you want, but they never let Cardi B. near that franchise when they had control over it. I mean Red Robin's bottomless fries have more dignity than her.

by Anonymousreply 539June 18, 2019 6:22 AM

She was an embarrassment

by Anonymousreply 540June 18, 2019 6:52 AM

I believe I've found Sebastian's family (or his) leather business...

Hmm... aren't these lovely...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541June 18, 2019 12:31 PM

They’ve begun shooting Tim and Heidi’s new show...

by Anonymousreply 542June 19, 2019 4:50 PM

Any news as to what it’s about, r542?

by Anonymousreply 543June 20, 2019 11:57 PM

Tim and Heidi drink a lot. And then go on camera and act like they're under 60. I love Heidi and hope that Tim will rediscover sex late in life. But Tim especially was making the old PR a hand holding exercise while giving terrible advice. The show he did with Veronica Webb was very contrived and not a good fit for his stiff (limp) persona. I think Heidi has more kink and verve and stamina - but she still somehow lacks in direct audience appeal. The rebooted PR is a success because of youth, new perspective, diversity and judges under 50, 40 and 30. (Don't join in all you losers who hated it until the end.)

I don't see how old Heidi & Tim can have a successful fashion based show. Their combined age is 187.

Tim and Heidi would actually do best with a direct remake of What not to Wear. It's not high fashion - just off the rack improvement of older, homely and eccentric persons. They can be as personable as they want. Because Heidi and Tim are exactly that. Personable, but both weird. I enjoy them. I do like that they were more often in agreement about the old Project Runway bullshit than not. But Heidi is one of the worst dressed women of all the damn time and Tim is a pocket square with alcohol induced rosacea. They're not even real friends. Tim doesn't travel as large as he could and is too weird to take advantage of fame. Part of his uniqueness. But he's an old man now right? Must be getting close to 70. Good luck. I love Heidi and we KNOW that Tim has saved his money. When the show fails, they'll both be iight.

by Anonymousreply 544June 21, 2019 12:24 AM

Chrissy Metz will look fabulous in those belts.

by Anonymousreply 545June 21, 2019 12:37 AM

[quote]The rebooted PR is a success because of youth, new perspective, diversity and judges under 50, 40 and 30. (Don't join in all you losers who hated it until the end.)

I watched the reboot and then I rewatched the first four seasons. Night and day, and not in favor of the reboot.

by Anonymousreply 546June 23, 2019 2:04 AM

R546, I've recently watched a few episodes from season one, not more since I was bored to death. People who haven't seen the earlier episodes since they aired might feel nostalgic about them. That's why I started rewatching them but it was such a chore I had to stop after episode 4, and it took me months to get even there. I had forgotten how rough around the edges the show was back then. Heidi seemed to be gloating when she forced the contestants to bad mouth their team mates during the judging. They already had one day challenges soon after the show premiered. The judges seemed bitchy and cunty for no real reason. The show was very much a manipulative reality show from the get-go.

The show was obviously something new back then but it has not aged well. It was surprising how well I remembered most of the contestants.

by Anonymousreply 547June 23, 2019 2:50 AM

[quote]The show was very much a manipulative reality show from the get-go.

Well, they were simply following the reality show model--bitch, conflict, and fight. Oh, yes... somebody has to be the villain.

But, what sets this apart from other reality shows, (and I simply don't get that "Married To Medicine" show among the others), is here you have a tangible product and talented contestants. I'm glad the show has developed as it has and concentrates more on fashion. But, the one craw that I have about it is how the contestants of the very first season were awfully treated. Those contestants had to pay for their own transportation and many other things too. There simply wasn't money and a budget for them. But, since that time, the creators of this show/concept have made a mint because of it and its longevity. This show is international and franchised. I always felt that the first season's contestants deserved some type of a bonus check for helping put the show on the map. Just think of how many people remember the names of certain contestants after all of these years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548June 23, 2019 3:12 AM

Amazon Reveals New Details About Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn’s Project Runway Follow-Up--Get ready to watch Making the Cut, featuring chic judge Naomi Campbell. (Mistake Number One)

Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum’s upcoming fashion competition series on Amazon finally has a title: Making the Cut. On Wednesday, the streaming company revealed details about the series hosted by the Project Runway alums, both of whom announced their departure from the long-running Bravo series last year. Now, along with the show’s title, it’s been revealed that Naomi Campbell, designer Joseph Altuzarra, Carine Roitfeld, and Nicole Richie will all serve as judges as well.

The show will premiere on Amazon in 2020. Its first runway challenge was filmed this Tuesday, in Paris. The competition will differ from Project Runway in a few key ways, namely when it comes to its prizes: The winning designer will receive $1 million. In addition, looks from the show will be available to shop on Amazon. (Jeff Bezos is chuckling richly somewhere in the distance.)

This is a major reality-series swing for Amazon. The streamer doesn’t have much to offer in that genre right now, beyond the British car series The Grand Tour, and is currently straggling behind competitors like Netflix, which boasts varied reality hits like Queer Eye, Nailed It, and Tidying Up With Marie Kondo. Now, with the sheen of Project Runway–approved talent on its side, the company has its hands on valuable I.P. and a potential additional revenue stream thanks to the new show’s interactive, shoppable element.

Gunn and Klum announced they were leaving Project Runway in favor of a new Amazon venture last September, after 16 seasons and dual Emmy wins in 2013. Karlie Kloss and Christian Siriano took over in their stead, as the series returned to Bravo after years airing on Lifetime.

Now that more details about Making the Cut have come to light, just one key question remains: Will Gunn’s and Klum’s catchphrases remain the same? Or do “Make it work” and “Auf Wiedersehen” belong firmly in the Project Runway universe, forcing the hosts to come up with entirely new taglines for their new show? Maybe something unique and totally natural like…“Try Prime.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549June 26, 2019 8:00 PM

The new logo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550June 28, 2019 11:48 PM

Old footage of Tim Gunn talking about how difficult it was to anticipate what the "crack smoking judges" would like. Talks abut Mondo vs Gretchen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551June 29, 2019 10:50 AM

Lauren Graham talks about her experience as a guest judge. It just goes to show that they aren't on because of their knowledge of fashion. Witness this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552June 29, 2019 11:22 AM

Kors, Posen, Maxwell, Gunn, and Siriano would enjoy this runway show. As would all of us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553June 29, 2019 11:28 AM

Let's try that again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554June 29, 2019 11:49 AM

I read somewhere that Heidi's new show will have international contestants. That sounds promising.

by Anonymousreply 555June 30, 2019 1:58 AM

Brandon Maxwell dresses some of the world's most powerful women including Obama and Gaga

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556September 8, 2019 8:12 PM

Bravo still hasn't renewed the show for another season. I can't believe they went to all the trouble to bring it back to Bravo and they aren't showing any commitment to the show.

by Anonymousreply 557September 8, 2019 8:21 PM

What, R557???? I'm looking forward to the new season! I thought BRAVO did a pretty good job on resuscitating the brand.

by Anonymousreply 558September 8, 2019 8:26 PM

SEPTEMBER 6, 2019, 1:56 PM ET

Fashion Week

Project Runway Alum Bishme Cromartie Brings Beautiful Chaos to NY Fashion Week

We caught up with the Project Runway designer backstage at his runway presentation and got the exclusive deets on his colorful and bold collection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559September 8, 2019 10:43 PM

She's working.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560September 9, 2019 12:37 AM

Christian Siriano Paris Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561October 16, 2019 11:50 PM

It's definitely coming back for another season r557 and r558.

by Anonymousreply 562October 16, 2019 11:53 PM

It returns Dec 5th.

And notably it is returning to NY Fashion Week rather than doing an independent show like the past season did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563October 16, 2019 11:55 PM

Couldn't finish the first one but might check out this one because some of the guys are really cute.

by Anonymousreply 564October 16, 2019 11:58 PM

EXCITING!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565October 17, 2019 12:15 AM

Delvin McCray is kind of cute.

He's about the only one.

by Anonymousreply 566October 17, 2019 12:18 AM

Whatever happened to the Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn new project?

by Anonymousreply 567October 17, 2019 12:35 AM

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 568October 17, 2019 12:47 AM

Most recent news I've seen r567.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569October 17, 2019 12:51 AM

[quote]Altuzarra creative director Joseph Altuzarra

r569 Is he going to be a lot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570October 17, 2019 1:04 AM

[quote]And notably it is returning to NY Fashion Week rather than doing an independent show like the past season did.

Thank goodness! That was the weakest link in the first season. It made the reboot seem cheap and tawdry when they did their own runway show independent of NY Fashion Week. This change will make the show seem more special.

by Anonymousreply 571October 17, 2019 4:51 AM

Meet the Project Runway Season 18 Designers

And see their designs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572October 21, 2019 6:46 PM

Let's go!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573December 6, 2019 5:03 AM

Premier episode!

Project Runway | FULL EPISODE | Blast Off Season 18 Premiere | Bravo

The competition begins with some twists right out of the airport gate. The designers are greeted at the TWA Hotel at JFK airport ready for their first challenge: to create an innovative look inspired by humanity’s push into space exploration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574December 6, 2019 4:12 PM

Where is everyone?

by Anonymousreply 575December 7, 2019 3:13 AM

Here we are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576December 7, 2019 3:44 AM

I don't understand the Judges. How could they complain about Nancy when the Russian gal's designs are basically the same every week? I don't get how they penalized Sergio so harshly (the first design of his that I REALLY liked) because he was inspired by a Galianos design? Again, the Russian gal (and I liked her submission) is something that I have seen before too.

I agree that Marquis deserved the win. I could easily see that design on the red carpet. I'd say the same for Geoffrey's design too. To me, the Judges just can't relate to Geoffrey's aesthetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577February 7, 2020 3:07 AM

Christian Siriano Challenges Sebastian Gray’s Creativity | PRW After Show (S18 Ep9)

Sebastian is no longer wearing a wedding ring....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578February 7, 2020 3:18 AM

I hate tie dye.

by Anonymousreply 579February 14, 2020 3:12 AM

Ya know... This Russian gal...

I understand why the Judges dismissed Delvin but wow... that Russian gal has REALLY hit the jack pot with all of the "safes" that she has gotten.

That was indeed a beautiful dress that Sergio created and I loved Geoffrey's submission too. I don't think that Geoffrey could win this though. That guy is a walking emotional mess!

by Anonymousreply 580February 14, 2020 4:44 AM

She’s been in the bottom, r580, but she’s been lucky in that she’s had better ideas and/or craftsmanship than the person who was eliminated Instead. She’s definitely annoying but, when she designs from her point of view, I think she’s the most talented designer this season. Some of her looks have been sublime, and are easily among the best this year. I know she’s knocked for having a certain look, but all the designers are similar in that they have a certain style they go back to over and over. Delvin, over recent challenges, really put very dull looks down the runway, and the judges hate dull more than hot messes.

I think her biggest competition is Geoffrey. He continues to surprise me week after week with really gorgeous clothes.

by Anonymousreply 581February 14, 2020 11:49 AM

Btw, r580, it bears repeating. She’s NOT Russian.

by Anonymousreply 582February 14, 2020 11:50 AM

R582,Yes, she’s Moldovan which is Russian adjacent...at least historically.

by Anonymousreply 583February 14, 2020 12:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584February 14, 2020 1:32 PM

DeeDee

EQUINOX gym ad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585February 14, 2020 2:50 PM

This really was a beautiful dress and you could see that Sergio was PISSED that he didn't win the overall challenge. But, I think that the attraction of this garment had a lot has to do with Thijin! Girlfriend, can RIP a runway floor! What was lacking in this dress, (IMHO), was the feeling of tie-dye. MMPH... this is the 2nd outfit of Sergio's that I REALLY, REALLY, liked! Hid dress last week was beautiful!

Given the color of the dress, I wonder if a White or Asian woman could have brought about the same affect versus a woman of color?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586February 14, 2020 4:55 PM

GORGEOUS!

I disagree with the Judge that said that every woman could wear this. Nope. You need the right height, the correct thin/sleek body, and definitely the appropriate pump and heel height! This was stunning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587February 14, 2020 5:01 PM

You're forgetting it was one of those stupid flash sales...announced after they had more or less committed to a design. Sergio was never going to win--too many pattern pieces, too difficult to sew.. Geoffrey did a basic v-neck, high slit dress; it had an interesting detail at the sleeve cuff and the contrasting straps, both elements very easy to execute for mass production..

by Anonymousreply 588February 15, 2020 1:06 PM

You're forgetting it was one of those stupid flash sales...announced after they had more or less committed to a design. Sergio was never going to win--too many pattern pieces, too difficult to sew.. Geoffrey did a basic v-neck, high slit dress; it had an interesting detail at the sleeve cuff and the contrasting straps, both elements very easy to execute for mass production..

by Anonymousreply 589February 15, 2020 1:06 PM

Geoffrey’s dress was pretty simple—the tie dye color was what won it.

by Anonymousreply 590February 15, 2020 2:23 PM

Did we lose one of these Project Runway threads? I mean that would be a GOOD thing! But, I want to make sure that everyone else isn't somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 591February 15, 2020 7:43 PM

R591, every one but this one is behind a paywall.

by Anonymousreply 592February 15, 2020 8:33 PM

Okay....

GREAT, that they didn't send anyone home. But, if I had to choose... Well, my bottom 3 looks were Sergio, Victoria, and Brittany (although I loved that black sheath dress she was wearing! It looked good on her)

Sergio, because I agree with Brandon that the top wasn't fitted well. Brittany, because I agree with Nina that her submission was a dress that EVERYONE has seen time and time again. I would have sent the Russian gal home because I'm beyond tired of seeing that same look from her. I've just had it! But, I didn't think she pushed the design enough. The athlete said that she loved Salsa. I think that the Russian gal could have had a bit more of a Salsa influence in her stable design and I wasn't crazy about the material.

by Anonymousreply 593February 21, 2020 3:04 AM

geoffreymac

Verified

Connect with me at my new fan page. onlyfans(dot}com/geoffreymac

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594May 12, 2020 9:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!