Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Project Runway Season Starts Tonight

I only know because my DVR is set for it and Bravo obnoxiously listed FOUR Project Runway episodes—three of them repeated from last season—as new tonight.

Are you going to watch? I still hate Bravo for casting KKK—Karlie Kloss Kushner—as the host. She claims she is anti-Trump, but her brother is the principal of the Kushner real-estate company that owns slums that profit Karlie and her husband and Ivanka and Jared alike. She married Josh Kushner for his money and she is profiting off real estate that is endangering poor people’s health and safety.

So. Gonna watch?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570February 8, 2020 12:07 AM

nope

by Anonymousreply 1December 5, 2019 5:26 PM

Who made you judge, jury and executioner of the whole fucking world?

by Anonymousreply 2December 5, 2019 5:28 PM

Nope, last season was a boring trainwreck of endless stupid woke shit. Kill the cunt judge

by Anonymousreply 3December 5, 2019 5:30 PM

Isn't Karlie the one who allegedly dated Swift?

by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2019 5:32 PM

[quote] Kill the cunt judge

You need to narrow that down, R3

by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2019 5:32 PM

OP is a scary anti-white, anti-female lunatic.

Take your meds, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 6December 5, 2019 5:33 PM

There's already a thread on this, HITLER.

by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2019 5:51 PM

R7 Where? Nothing about this season showed up in the site search.

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2019 7:08 PM

Last season was unwatchable. This show is NOTHING without Tim & Heidi.

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2019 7:16 PM

Fuck Elaine Welteroth and her SJW/Woke pc bullshit.

She can take her cultural appropriation and shove it up her twat.

She RUINS the show.

Get rid of her, and replace her with a judge who actually KNOWS about fashion, and doesn't just spit out SJW memes, in order to try to sound "smart" and current.

by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2019 7:18 PM

I thought I was the only one who thinks KKKushner looks like Björk. Apparently not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2019 7:18 PM

r9

I'm sad that Heidi isn't on this show or AGT anymore.

Honestly though, Christian Siriano is so amazing in Tim's role so I don't mind that.

by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2019 7:21 PM

I couldn't finish last season as I got bored. But yes, I'll check out this one.

by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2019 7:26 PM

Last season was fantastic. It was a breath of fresh air without tired old Heidi and red-faced drunk Tim.

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2019 7:30 PM

Elaine should be replaced with Iman.

Iman will give you the real deal critique, without bringing in race or political issues. She would make it ONLY about the fashion.

I thought that Iman did a fantastic job judging with Isaac Mizrahi on that Bravo fashion show.

Elaine fucking SUCKS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 5, 2019 7:31 PM

They need to dump the fat models. Totally ruins the designs.

by Anonymousreply 16December 5, 2019 7:35 PM

That too, R16!

More PC bullshit that ruins the show.

I'm so fucking sick of it, already.

If the show just returned to its roots, it would be so much better. And more fun.

by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2019 7:36 PM

It looks from the ad that this will be more like the old seasons. Last years was so bad. I couldn’t watch it at all. I will try the first episode but if it even starts like last years forget it.

by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2019 7:43 PM

Away with the fat models!!!....or make all of them plus sized...

by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2019 7:47 PM

All the fashions were tragic!

by Anonymousreply 20December 5, 2019 11:00 PM

What R13 said.

by Anonymousreply 21December 5, 2019 11:16 PM

Thanks OP.

by Anonymousreply 22December 5, 2019 11:19 PM

[quote]They need to dump the fat models. Totally ruins the designs.

After Victoria's Secret's fashion show was put out of business by Rihanna's fat models, I have a feeling that the plus-sized modes are here to stay.

by Anonymousreply 23December 5, 2019 11:31 PM

Dump this ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 6, 2019 12:05 AM

We can wear anything that any other woman can wear.......and look fabulous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 6, 2019 12:09 AM

Wearing the designers’ fashions will be a team of models of a variety of sexualities, racial backgrounds, and ages, as well as a nonbinary model, a trans model, and a “Dreamer.” The season will also showcase the talents of the oldest designer ever to compete on the series.

More woke shit.

by Anonymousreply 26December 6, 2019 1:13 AM

I didn’t see it. Was it as awful as last year?

by Anonymousreply 27December 6, 2019 1:21 AM

It's on now.

by Anonymousreply 28December 6, 2019 1:31 AM

Delusional queen who thinks he is at the same level of Christian Siriano because he dressed Billy Porter. One of you is hosting the show, one of you is a contestant.

by Anonymousreply 29December 6, 2019 1:41 AM

Oh..... it’s looking pretty woke.....

by Anonymousreply 30December 6, 2019 1:52 AM

Delusional queen is still going on, "Christian doesn't get how technically advanced I am!"

Girl, please.

by Anonymousreply 31December 6, 2019 2:04 AM

Oh and of course we’ve got the token Muslim with the hijab

by Anonymousreply 32December 6, 2019 2:12 AM

Well, that was a pleasant surprise.

by Anonymousreply 33December 6, 2019 2:59 AM

She was already eliminated, you must be happy r32.

Double elimination on the first episode is a first for runway.

by Anonymousreply 34December 6, 2019 3:02 AM

She sent a garbage bag down the runway with a garbage bag hijab on top. It's just a shame she had to take the cute white lez with her or else there would be a media uproar about eliminating the lone Muslim first.

by Anonymousreply 35December 6, 2019 3:06 AM

Nah, If they only eliminated one it would have been the other one. Is this your first season of runway?

They always elimate the one who presents something too boring over the one who presents something too crazy.

by Anonymousreply 36December 6, 2019 3:11 AM

The older woman will be going home soon

by Anonymousreply 37December 6, 2019 6:01 AM

It was so awful. I won’t watch again.

by Anonymousreply 38December 6, 2019 1:35 PM

First episode wasn't that great; not a single design wowed me. Okay, I did like Marquise's jumpsuit, very chic. Sergio and his ego need to sit down - his design was all technique, but completely devoid of soul. The Muslim designer was so ungracious, saying she doesn't know what her eliminated partner has to offer. Bye, bitch. I laughed when the Moldovan designer described her tacky design as elegant.

The Mexican kid is super sexy; shame about the whiny voice. The Dior black designer is hot as well.

Who the hell is that person strapped to a gurney like a mental patient getting wheeled out of the studio in the preview?!

by Anonymousreply 39December 6, 2019 2:28 PM

[quote] It was so awful. I won’t watch again.

I agree. The Chinese lady should have gone home. What a loser.

Watching the episode, I was so disappointed. Same fat models from last season, same "woke" bullshit. "What's your pronouns?" "I'm they or them." God, give it a fucking REST already with this fucking cuntery. I am so over it.

Tyler is cute. I absolutely love him.

I have to say that watching this episode, I am now convinced that these judges have ZERO taste, whatsoever.

The designs that should have been in the top, were in the middle.

The designs that were in the top, should have been in the middle.

And the wrong people were sent home.

When I see stuff like this happening on "reality shows," I already know that it is anything BUT reality.

by Anonymousreply 40December 6, 2019 5:53 PM

She's Korean, though I'm pretty sure you knew that already. Also, "loser", really? Who talks like that beyond high school?

by Anonymousreply 41December 6, 2019 5:58 PM

[quote] She's Korean, though I'm pretty sure you knew that already

How in the fuck is anybody supposed to know that???

Intuition?

Stupid asshole.

by Anonymousreply 42December 6, 2019 6:21 PM

I really liked the winning outfit and Geoffrey’s. Also, Shavi’s pink dress, Tyler’s red and white pant suit and Marquise’s black pant suit.

I was rooting for the lez because she is from hometown.

The Moldova dress was awful.

by Anonymousreply 43December 6, 2019 7:06 PM

[quote] Tyler’s red and white pant suit and Marquise’s black pant suit

They should have won. It was clearly the best pairing.

These judges have SHIT taste in design.

by Anonymousreply 44December 6, 2019 7:08 PM

[quote]How in the fuck is anybody supposed to know that???

She told us.

by Anonymousreply 45December 6, 2019 7:15 PM

[quote] She told us

Nobody cares.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 6, 2019 7:18 PM

I care. I find people who conflate Asian nationalities to be stupid.

by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2019 7:23 PM

I am loving Christain's snarkiness.

by Anonymousreply 48December 6, 2019 8:45 PM

Just another reality TV freak show.

by Anonymousreply 49December 6, 2019 9:11 PM

Did anyone miss the Tim Gunn save? I see they brought it back for Christian, but do we really need it? Over the seasons it was used it was only useful once.

by Anonymousreply 50December 6, 2019 9:16 PM

The Tim Gunn save.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 6, 2019 9:28 PM

I love the mentor save if only for the awkward goodbyes it creates.

by Anonymousreply 52December 6, 2019 10:04 PM

That kween from Austin needs to fall hard. "Christian is unaware of how advanced I am technically." Yes, because NO ONE has heard of you, tubby.

by Anonymousreply 53December 7, 2019 4:34 AM

[quote]It was so awful. I won’t watch again.

I enjoyed last year and I enjoyed this episode. The contestants all seem to be much more professionally developed than last year's cast. That Mr. Dior (the Black man) is CUTE! Good luck to my fellow Jerseyan hailing from Hillside NJ. You had better represent!

I did like that Texas gal's creation. I thought it was very chic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 7, 2019 11:20 AM

But, the design from the Black who hails from Brooklyn was HOT too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 7, 2019 11:24 AM

Geoffrey is the new Jack Mackenroth. I could almost smell the meth, lube and poppers through the TV screen. Too bad that Tim isn't here to hit on him.

by Anonymousreply 56December 7, 2019 11:35 PM

the Black ???

by Anonymousreply 57December 7, 2019 11:41 PM

Siriano is hitting it this season! “Lose the poncho.” Indeed!

by Anonymousreply 58December 8, 2019 12:17 AM

Why did they focus so much on the oriental woman?

Unless she was going home, there was no reason for it. And she was boring as fuck!

"I'm upset with myself because it's not perfect."

"I'm a perfectionist."

"It's not how I wanted my garment to look."

Waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

Omg, fucking kill me now. I hope she gets ousted soon. I can't stand the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2019 1:11 AM

I really like the queeny little 24 year old twink from Texas. He's very cute.

He reminds me a lot of Christian.

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2019 1:11 AM

The only thing that really bothered me beside the bad fashion was the commercial by Hester Sunshine for post it notes or what ever. She smiled like the producer had a gun pointed at her mother's head.

by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2019 2:36 AM

Loved this episode and the winning look.

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2019 10:24 AM

[quote]Why did they focus so much on the oriental woman?

She's cute. She comes across as a delicate flower but fills the room with beauty. She's interesting. She's a Korean who is married to a Mexican. She faintly reminds me of that Chinese girl that has taken the internet by storm--李子柒 Liziqi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 8, 2019 12:02 PM

I love all of the girls in this year's cast. Not a one is pretending to even be remotely straight!

by Anonymousreply 64December 8, 2019 12:39 PM

Oriental? How 50's.

by Anonymousreply 65December 8, 2019 12:41 PM

My favorite part was the winner is an...Uber Driver. I hope at some point someone told her design partner, Mr. "Advanced Design" that he got beat by an Uber Driver.

The other big irony of this Ultra Woke shitfest is that the person who crashed into all of our DL hearts years ago, Mr Christian Siriano, became famous for declaring one of his competitors a Hot Tranny Mess.

If he dare use that phrase on the set today, he would be banned and cancelled and exiled

by Anonymousreply 66December 8, 2019 1:11 PM

R66 He also had the best superhero alter-ego in ferocia coutura. But that was the old show...

by Anonymousreply 67December 8, 2019 2:41 PM

Elaine did not want the muslim woman to go but her outfit was really bad including an unfinished hem front and center. Also, she doesn't know how to work with cotton? That's ridiculous. It's the easiest thing I can think of to sew. Huge red flag. Stretch materials are harder so you do not know how to measure, etc. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 68December 8, 2019 5:15 PM

[quote]Elaine did not want the muslim woman to go

I was disappointed to see her go too. I was interested in her aesthetic. But, her entry was indeed awful. I think that the judges made the correct choice. The girl didn't know fabric, fitting, and couldn't finish the garment. Ta-ta!

But, how awful it is to be knocked out in the first round! I understand that all contestants must still be kept under lock and key until the competition finishes. What do you do for about two months without phones, newspapers, etc to keep you occupied?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 8, 2019 5:24 PM

Clownish

by Anonymousreply 70December 8, 2019 6:55 PM

I was sure they were going to save the Muslim girl but was pleasantly surprised to see her booted out. They certainly made her look like a total cunt when the last thing they showed of her was bitching about things being unfair or whatever she was saying. R69, I really didn't see anything even vaguely interesting about her aesthetic. I don't really mind the modest design per se but her garment had absolutely nothing going for it. It just was dreadful and badly executed. BTW, I haven't watched any pre-shows and know nothing about the designers' previous work so I'm only commenting on what was shown on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 71December 8, 2019 6:58 PM

Seems like modest fashion has come up on TV design shows before, right? The show could also have a prairie dress designer as that whole thing is big too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 8, 2019 8:17 PM

Ayana was a muslim woman who did modest fashion just two seasons ago. She made it to fashion week and was the runner up to Kentaro.

by Anonymousreply 73December 8, 2019 8:21 PM

Asma had terrible grammar. For that alone.... And modest? What's with that makeup and those hideously gigantic false eyelashes?

by Anonymousreply 74December 8, 2019 9:54 PM

I just finished watching it. I did not like last season at all (and tuned out just a few episodes into it) but this one is off to a very promising start. I will check it out again this week.

by Anonymousreply 75December 9, 2019 12:36 AM

The guy with such superior technical abilities and knowledge needed to be slapped for those sleeves! I like a sleeve that's different but those were awful!

by Anonymousreply 76December 9, 2019 1:02 AM

To me, the Muslim girl should have been given a break. She tried to talk to her partner, but her partner wasn't compromising. That's the person who deserved to go.

by Anonymousreply 77December 9, 2019 6:43 AM

Modest fashion is an oxymoron. The hijab and burka are about disappearing. If you want to stand out, don’t pretend to follow a repressive dress code.

by Anonymousreply 78December 9, 2019 4:04 PM

Well said, r78. I hadn’t thought about it that way, but it’s true...

by Anonymousreply 79December 9, 2019 6:23 PM

Modest fashion just means that it covers the skin, that's what they mean when they say it.

by Anonymousreply 80December 9, 2019 6:24 PM

Get rid of that annoying oriental woman.

She was crying about nothing significant... AT ALL.

Just a fucking typical whiner.

Plus, she's ugly as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 81December 9, 2019 6:25 PM

Ok, not to worry about the weeping wifey who specializes in sanitarium chic gets wheeled out to an ambulance in the next episode, she'll take care of herself.

Although, I thought her work was better than the horribly bad pink and orange unwieldiest cotton ever manufactured circus wear.

by Anonymousreply 82December 9, 2019 6:32 PM

But there is a whole dogma behind that, r80. It’s not just a meaningless gesture. The idea is that women in public should cover themselves in order to hide their attractiveness to make it easier for men who are not their husbands to remain celibate. So, the “modest fashion” niche is for women who want to superficially conform to Sharia law while flaunting their individuality and soliciting attention. I’d say they are conflicted about their faith.

by Anonymousreply 83December 9, 2019 8:37 PM

I like the move to the new, sunnier workroom. Last season's space was too dark, especially with it being filmed during the winter.

Karlie needs to be more involved in the filming process. Even after one full season, I still don't feel like I know who she is. She's the weakest link on the show, IMO. Heidi was more intimately involved with the show and several of the challenges involved designing outfits for her or her fashion line.

Christian, on the other hand, is far more involved than Tim Gunn ever was. But it does make you wonder how successful his business really is if he has that much time to give to the show. I have a feeling that Christian needs that Project Runway check.

by Anonymousreply 84December 9, 2019 8:43 PM

[quote]I like the move to the new, sunnier workroom. Last season's space was too dark, especially with it being filmed during the winter.

It's not the same workroom that they used last year? HMPH! I thought it was. I LOVE the penthouse where they are residing! I wish they would do more scenes there. I actually like that the show has moved to Brooklyn. They look as if they are in DUMBO. Anyway... if feels more Manhattan to me than Manhattan itself!

by Anonymousreply 85December 9, 2019 8:52 PM

Yes I noticed their hotel and workroom are in Brooklyn instead of Manhattan.

Is Manhattan officially OVA?!

by Anonymousreply 86December 9, 2019 8:57 PM

[quote]Karlie needs to be more involved in the filming process.

I wonder if the management have decided to keep her "hands off" so that it doesn't really gain any traction about who she is married to and therefore bring adverse publicity to the show?

by Anonymousreply 87December 9, 2019 9:30 PM

Both the workroom and penthouse are in Greenpoint.

by Anonymousreply 88December 9, 2019 9:46 PM

[quote]Is Manhattan officially OVA?!

Officially OVApriced.

by Anonymousreply 89December 9, 2019 9:51 PM

I thought it was hilarious that both designers got sent home. They were just too plain stupid. I mean, they compromised their creative vision (for what exactly????) and there was still no cohesion in their designs!

Karlie looked amazing at the beginning in the famous airport, now turned hotel.

Alan looks so much like a slightly better looking Nick Kroll.

by Anonymousreply 90December 10, 2019 7:01 PM

Is there a free lives tream for the show anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 91December 13, 2019 12:58 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 13, 2019 1:45 AM

Did the oriental woman get eliminated?

They made it seem like she was being wheeled off by the EMT, but we all know that's full of shit.

She'll probably make it to the finale. That's why they've been focusing on her so much.

by Anonymousreply 93December 13, 2019 2:04 AM

It's a two day challenge and she's lost a day. She collapsed because of exhaustion. She's not going to make it if she's already collapsed after one challenge.

by Anonymousreply 94December 13, 2019 2:07 AM

Oh please, R94.

That's only for "drama."

And if that boring ass person is the only drama that this show can create, then this season is in BIG TROUBLE.

So far she has whined, she has cried, and she is too tired to work. Fuck me, if that's going to be the focus of this season.

by Anonymousreply 95December 13, 2019 2:11 AM

THE WINNER!

Marquise Foster

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 13, 2019 3:12 AM

The Loser;

Veronica Sheaffer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 13, 2019 3:13 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 13, 2019 3:44 AM

Those designers helping that annoying, boring lady, are SO stupid.

Why doesn't Christian yell at them? To me, it's no different than standing around and doing nothing.

If you have time to stand around OR help someone else finish their garment, then yours should be perfect.

If it's not perfect, then get the hell back to working on yours.

Not only that, but do the "helpers" not even see that she will be waving bye-bye to them, when her garment is in, and they get eliminated, because something wasn't right about theirs?

It's so fucking dumb. THEY are so fucking dumb. The only smart one, is the stupid, lazy bitch, getting all the others to work on her garment for her.

by Anonymousreply 99December 13, 2019 5:23 AM

Damn, R99, you really hate her so much after only two episodes?

by Anonymousreply 100December 13, 2019 5:30 AM

The green bird feather coat was sublime and should have won. The designer (Delvin?) is somewhat insufferable, but he can deliver, and that is everything. I’ve always said I don’t mind someone trying to impress me, as long as they do...

by Anonymousreply 101December 13, 2019 1:01 PM

Same here, R101.

Clearly, the producers are mad at him because he's "beating the game."

Not only does he finish early, but his designs are still way ahead of the others.

That's a huge slap in the face to the show, because they thrive on stressing out the contestants, and Delvin is so un-bothered. Lol.

They refuse to reward him, because it would make the judges look foolish. Well, even more foolish than they already are.

by Anonymousreply 102December 13, 2019 1:05 PM

[quote]Not only does he finish early, but his designs are still way ahead of the others.

He's professional. In my thinking, I'm hoping that important French people, who are outside of the fashion industry ie the politicos, are watching him and the respect/honors that he shows towards French tradition and haute couture. Hopefully, they could recognize him in some way such as a few positive articles written about him.

by Anonymousreply 103December 13, 2019 1:34 PM

So, Sergio (I so wanted him having to defend his design in front of the judges!) and Delvin get the villain edit, right? Dayoung is so overwhelmed right from the start? Is she the first contestant who'll try to commit suicide when she stays in the competition for a few more challenges? I sure hope the show does mental evaluation of their contestants.

I liked the shredded coat idea from Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 104December 13, 2019 1:44 PM

Geoffrey Mac appeared as if he was about to cry during the judging. He's not going to make it either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 13, 2019 1:47 PM

[quote] The green bird feather coat was sublime

It was very nice but not streetwear. Again designers throw and clueless about what is streetwear.

by Anonymousreply 106December 13, 2019 1:48 PM

For a losing look, Veronica Sheaffer's wasn't that bad. It might not have come together quite right but it was more original than some of the phoned-in draping going on in the middle of the pack.

by Anonymousreply 107December 13, 2019 1:51 PM

^I think the unfinished cape did her in. I would not have had a problem if they eliminated Geoffrey. His design was totally uninspiring. BUT, I think that this Sergio guy should have been called on the carpet to explain how his design was street wear. I mean... I could work with the black Christian Dior guy and understand his street wear POV. But, Sergio's design below?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 13, 2019 3:48 PM

The producers must have protected Sergio.

by Anonymousreply 109December 13, 2019 4:10 PM

It wasn't just that Sergio's work wasn't street wear. It was that it was butt ugly. The boy has a missing style gene or something.

by Anonymousreply 110December 13, 2019 5:36 PM

He’s too good a villain to leave so early.

by Anonymousreply 111December 13, 2019 5:54 PM

Sergio made it very clear that he designs for the older women. Women with MONEY, which younger women don't have apparently. For him steetwear means women sweeping the high end shopping streets with their trail.

by Anonymousreply 112December 13, 2019 5:56 PM

Read and weep, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113December 13, 2019 8:30 PM

It doesn’t change the fact that both of his designs so far have been ugly. I didn’t like the proportions of his cocktail dress, and the sleeves were silly and superfluous. This weeks submission was horrific enough to call his taste level into question. He is a perfect example of someone trying to impress, falling short, and then looking somewhat ridiculous. I also disagree with r106 that the feather coat wasn’t street wear, it’s just a higher class street...

by Anonymousreply 114December 13, 2019 8:51 PM

I really prefer Christians work for Billy Porter over Sergios mess, and his PR look was awful. This show is such a sham.

by Anonymousreply 115December 13, 2019 9:00 PM

[quote] This weeks submission was horrific enough to call his taste level into question.

For some reason his submission reminded me of gingham. I thought it was awful.

by Anonymousreply 116December 13, 2019 9:02 PM

They should've kicked Sergio out for that totally awful thing he created. There's seriously something wrong with his taste levels. He's being coddled, at least for now, because he's the most high profile designer of the lot. I can't wait to see when the judges truly get to turn on him.

The Dior boy is sexy as fuck. There's something irresistable about fashion guys like him who pull off being masculine and yet you know they probably love cock. I wasn't too wild about his frock, especially the campy snake belt ornament, but there's no denying he's good at what he does.

by Anonymousreply 117December 13, 2019 10:39 PM

[quote]The Dior boy is sexy as fuck

YES!

Delvin McCray has emerged as early ‘Project Runway’ front-runner, lab coat and all

Delvin McCray didn’t win “Blast Off,” the first “Project Runway” challenge of season 18 — he and his teammate for the challenge, Tyler Neasloney, were declared safe, but didn’t have the judges’ top looks. However, “Runway” fans think he’ll come out on top in the end. That’s according to the official predictions of viewers who have made their forecasts here in our predictions center.

McCray stood out in the season premiere episode by donning a lab coat in the work room, a uniform he adopted from French ateliers. It was an affectation that proved he meant business, but did it also make him a little cocky? Perhaps, but he did have one of the stronger designs in the season premiere episode even if he didn’t end up winning the challenge. And he and Neasloney had a harmonious collaboration, unlike other designers who couldn’t mesh their aesthetics. So he has certainly earned that lab coat so far and gets leading odds of 9/5 to win the competition as of this writing.

But we’ve only seen the designers tackle one challenge so far, so no one can rest on their laurels — except maybe Brittany Allen, who won the season premiere challenge and thus has immunity in week two. Though McCray has the most support from the “Runway” fans we’ve polled, they’re split six other ways when predicting this season’s ultimate champ. But the next strongest contenders to win according to our odds may surprise you.

Alan Gonzalez ranks second in our forecasts with 39/10 odds, followed by Dayoung Kim with 4/1 odds. Those two teamed up in “Blast Off,” but they were actually one of the bottom two teams. The judges decided pretty quickly that they deserved to stay in the competition while they eliminated both Asma Bibi and Jenn Charkow instead, and it seems our readers have even more faith in them than that. Do you agree that they’re in it to win it too despite their rough start? Make or update your own predictions here every week before the show airs on Thursday nights.

Be sure to make your predictions so that the contestants can see how they’re faring in our racetrack odds. You can keep changing your predictions until just before the next episode airs every Thursday on Bravo. You’ll compete to win a spot on our leaderboard and eternal bragging rights. See our contest rules and sound off with other fans in our reality TV forum. Read more Gold Derby entertainment news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 13, 2019 10:59 PM

You guys liked that parrot coat? Sheesh, it looked like something my Aunty Ruthy would wear for a night out in Boca. But then, animal prints have that Aunty Ruthy Boca vibe. I liked the Spanish chick's crazy design. And her fercoctach purse.

by Anonymousreply 119December 14, 2019 12:09 AM

The old lady is a sleeper...

by Anonymousreply 120December 14, 2019 12:14 AM

BTW: Sebastian has his belts, etc for sale

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 14, 2019 12:25 AM

[quote] I liked the Spanish chick's crazy design. And her fercoctach purse.

She's not Spanish, she's from Moldova.

From Wikipedia: [italic][Moldova's] economy is the poorest in Europe in per capita terms and has the lowest Human Development Index in the continent. Moldova is also the least visited country in Europe by tourists with only 11,000 annually recorded visitors from abroad.[/italic]

Judging by her bio she's obviously not some poor Eastern European country girl anymore. However it's a bit worrisome that she's had the same kind of half-and-half look in both of her dresses. Why on earth would anyone continue to do that, especially since last week's look was horrendous. The yellow handbag this week was also a head-scratcher. It would've been easy to bring in a yellow element to the dress, or possibly the belt, but she decided not to, and the bag ended up looking like a totally separate piece.

by Anonymousreply 122December 14, 2019 1:22 AM

I think the winning look was absolutely horrible and I'm shocked it won.

by Anonymousreply 123December 14, 2019 8:23 AM

Wasn’t the winning model trans? That wouldn’t hurt the designer’s chances in this woke rendition of PR.

by Anonymousreply 124December 14, 2019 12:50 PM

I agree with R101 that Delvin's look was sublime, but it was not streetwear. Look up what streetwear is. The only judge pushing that it could be an interpretation of streetwear was Elaine, and she doesn't know shit about design. Still, it was a great garment. Too bad Delvin is such a prick. At least he has the talent to back up his arrogance, unlike Sergio whose frocks are hideous. I laughed when he declared he only dresses older women because they have money. What a moron.

by Anonymousreply 125December 14, 2019 1:21 PM

Why was everyone sweating like a pig during the judging? Was the air conditioning malfunctioning or something?

Do we know how many of those black male designers are homosexuals? I dislike Delvin because he didn't help Dayoung. Sorry, but if you're that talented, you can be a bit gracious now and then and still beat your opposition. Speaking of...

I knew Dayoung was done for when she joked in the first episode that she wasn't eating anything. Gurl, your body is going to start eating your muscles for energy if you don't supply it with protein. How does an adult person not know that? And she needs to drink way more water as well, judging by the acne skin.

Sergio is an awful person with taste issues. The origami queen is overestimating his abilities as well.

by Anonymousreply 126December 14, 2019 2:05 PM

[quote]Do we know how many of those black male designers are homosexuals?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 14, 2019 2:10 PM

HOMETOWN TOUR with Project Runway Fam | Karlie Kloss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128December 14, 2019 2:27 PM

Are any of the male contestants straight?

by Anonymousreply 129December 14, 2019 2:33 PM

[quote] I dislike Delvin because he didn't help Dayoung.

She had like 6 people already helping her. This is a contest not a kindergarten, and she got sick due to her own stupidity. It was also her own stupidity to decide to make a garment so complex she didn't have time to finish it. Don't forget that if a person helping makes a mistake the helper gets blamed super hard. That has happened to me. Well, lesson learned. Delvin was wise to stay out of it all. Obviously the production team used it to paint him as a bad guy. It would be different if he was deliberately working to harm her but he wasn't, he was just staying out of it all.

by Anonymousreply 130December 14, 2019 3:34 PM

Sergio was definitely protected from the bottom because production wants to keep him around as a reality TV character. His look was a giant fuck you to the challenge, didn't even pretend to make a street wear look, and it was just a poor look besides.

Geoffrey should be lucky he was in the top last week though, cause his look was bad, more deserving of a boot than Veronica. I do appreciate he always shows some skin for the audience though.

by Anonymousreply 131December 14, 2019 4:17 PM

Delvin willingly gave the show something that could be edited in making him a villain. Remember Swapnil? Thought too highly of himself and it cost him dearly letting the show paint him as too cocky and not living up to his own hype.

by Anonymousreply 132December 14, 2019 4:49 PM

I love the show but I would say that I am not a follower of it. I remember its very first year and I enjoyed last year's season even more because of DL. To me, Delvin has shown discipline and professionalism thus far. Designing is a job. Sure, it's great to have inspiration that will spark creativity but that is not always the case. There is a mission. There is a deadline. Get the job done!

But, this type of work ethic and attitude does nothing for the ratings. There must be the drama. I don't blame him for not helping Dayoung. It's a competition! Besides, she had a slew of people helping her and it looked too crowded.

(Delvin's submission linked)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133December 14, 2019 5:05 PM

[quote]Are any of the male contestants straight?

OMG!

This season, there is NOT one straight man that is on camera....

DISCRIMINATION!

by Anonymousreply 134December 14, 2019 5:23 PM

Delvin's frock looks so mumsy.

by Anonymousreply 135December 14, 2019 5:51 PM

I only asked about the homosexuals because no one could confirm last season what Venny's sexuality was. I still don't know.

by Anonymousreply 136December 14, 2019 6:02 PM

Last season we had a couple posters trying to argue that freakin Garo was straight. I was flabbergasted and couldn't believe I was on a gay board when clearly some of bitches don't have a hint of a gaydar. For my own sanity I had to assume those were women.

by Anonymousreply 137December 14, 2019 6:50 PM

I love the queen who says he on the same level and Brandom Maxwell and Christian Siriano...bitch if you were on thier level you would not be on Project Runway making SHITTY dresses.

by Anonymousreply 138December 14, 2019 6:58 PM

I found it funny they eliminated the grandma panties girl when Gretchen won her season with a full collection of Grandma Panties that Nina ate up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 14, 2019 7:01 PM

One day grandma panties are in, the next day they’re out...

by Anonymousreply 140December 14, 2019 7:58 PM

[quote]Sergio was definitely protected from the bottom because production wants to keep him around as a reality TV character.

I agree. That result was total bullshit. He should have gone home FAR more so than Veronica for that hideous tent he made. And on a side note, it's painfully obvious that he's horribly jealous of Christian, hence the delusion that they're on the same level talent-wise.

[quote]This season, there is NOT one straight man that is on camera.

Perhaps my gaydar is just not picking up the scent but I do not get any gay vibes whatsoever from Delvin. Doesn't mean I'm right (in fact, I'd love to be wrong) but so far I'm just not seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 141December 15, 2019 3:14 AM

r137 I just assume all the white guys on this show are gay. As for non-white ones, I'd rather not assume. Afa from last season is straight, after all.

r141 Yes, that's why I asked and people started mocking me. I don't get gay vibes from Delvin, just like I didn't get them from Venny last year.

by Anonymousreply 142December 15, 2019 3:21 AM

GOOD FOR HIM!

But, after all of these years and after all of the contestants that have appeared on Project Runway, CS is the only one to have hit it really big?

Tour Fashion Designer Christian Siriano’s Boutique And Showroom | At Home with Natalie | TODAY

Bravo’s “Project Runway” mentor, Christian Siriano, has styled everyone from Billy Porter to Oprah. Watch as TODAY’s Natalie Morales takes a look at the New York City designer’s boutique and workspace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143December 15, 2019 10:02 AM

R143, Michael Costello has also done very well for himself, designing many notable red carpet dresses over the past several years.

by Anonymousreply 144December 15, 2019 10:56 AM

I’d bet the farm that Delvin is gay...

by Anonymousreply 145December 15, 2019 12:45 PM

R143/R144, there is also another past PR contestant whose name I don't remember who has a very successful career working as a costume designer in theater/films. I think he even won a Tony award just a few seasons back.

by Anonymousreply 146December 15, 2019 1:09 PM

Successful? Oh, you must be talking about Gretchen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147December 15, 2019 1:43 PM

Queers are just better!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148December 15, 2019 2:37 PM

Apparently all the men except Delvin are out. I believe he is gay as well.

by Anonymousreply 149December 16, 2019 2:33 AM

That Korean woman drives me insane. I don't like her at all. Sergio, although pompous and perhaps deluded, doesn't bother me yet. I feel that he's the kind of guy who'd be right at home in a 'Tasteful Friends' thread. He should have been bottom three with that bizarre dress. The only street I can envisage that monstrosity on is the main street of a cowboy town, on a whore as she sashays up the stairs at the bordello.

by Anonymousreply 150December 17, 2019 10:33 AM

[quote]The only street I can envisage that monstrosity on is the main street of a cowboy town, on a whore as she sashays up the stairs at the bordello.

Yeah, I was thinking that dress looked a little too costumey and straight out of western, but she wouldn't be the whore. Those were the can-can girls, who wore the ruffled dresses.

by Anonymousreply 151December 19, 2019 6:03 AM

"Those were the can-can girls, who wore the ruffled dresses."

I don't run a can-can establishment!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152December 19, 2019 12:48 PM

That get up was more doo doo than can can...

by Anonymousreply 153December 19, 2019 1:14 PM

It looks like she was pooping fabric.

by Anonymousreply 154December 19, 2019 8:09 PM

Last week's episode is running now prior to the new one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 20, 2019 12:04 AM

THE WINNER:

Sergio Guadarrama

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156December 20, 2019 3:50 AM

The Loser?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157December 20, 2019 3:51 AM

Sergio totally redeemed himself today. His dress was gorgeous & looked nothing like it came from unconventional crap.

I thought the older lady (don't know her name) should've been in the top.

Shavi's dress would've looked better if he'd had a smaller model His dress was really good but not for a plus size model.

by Anonymousreply 158December 20, 2019 4:01 AM

I really would have liked it if each designer explained what materials that they used in their final design. I'm interested in knowing what Nancy did with whatever she was smashing with a hammer. I think she had a great design. But, what is it made of?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159December 20, 2019 4:11 AM

In the past, the Moldovan would have been criticized for using the pillow fabric so much. Her dress was whorish.

by Anonymousreply 160December 20, 2019 5:22 AM

Sergio's attitude makes it very hard to root for him or be glad for his win.

by Anonymousreply 161December 20, 2019 6:00 AM

I will miss Alan. He was a fun personality.

by Anonymousreply 162December 20, 2019 6:15 AM

They showed a brief close up look at Nancy's dress. All the silver pattern was created using the inside of the ornaments she broke up.

That deserved to be in the top 3 as opposed to the Moldavian designer whose dress was 75% pillow fabric. That's not unconventional.

by Anonymousreply 163December 20, 2019 6:20 AM

I really liked Delvin's submission. His aesthetic is definitely high style fashion.

And, how come we haven't talked about this model here??? Is it because he/she is blaaaaack!?!

What a sad story told by Alan. 15 years old, he leaves for school, he comes home and his father is gone to never be seen again. It's been 10 years! Awful, awful, awful!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164December 20, 2019 9:20 AM

[quote] the Moldavian designer

That girl has A LOT of hair!

by Anonymousreply 165December 20, 2019 9:21 AM

Did Sergio take the bells from the fireplace after the allotted 10 minutes to gather materials (it seemed he got them the next day)? If so, he cheated and should have been kicked off the show.

I enjoyed last season, but this season all the judges are getting on my nerves and most of the designers are annoying and unlikable, and boring.

by Anonymousreply 166December 20, 2019 9:31 AM

[quote] They showed a brief close up look at Nancy's dress. All the silver pattern was created using the inside of the ornaments she broke up. That deserved to be in the top 3

I agree.I like it more knowing she created the pattern.

[quote] I really liked Delvin's submission. His aesthetic is definitely high style fashion.

I'm beginning to question your taste level. The bottom is a little odd. The issue for me was how the top and bottom relate to each other.

by Anonymousreply 167December 20, 2019 12:42 PM

The Uber driver was VERY lucky someone did something even more fug that what she made. Also shocked that Nancy wasn't in the top. Maybe they thought the look was too "mumsy."

by Anonymousreply 168December 20, 2019 12:57 PM

[quote]I'm beginning to question your taste level. The bottom is a little odd.

It reminded me of an ostrich skirt. I thought it was a well put together ensemble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169December 20, 2019 1:00 PM

[quote]Shavi's dress would've looked better if he'd had a smaller model His dress was really good but not for a plus size model.

I agree with you. That dress would have been a knock out on a much smaller model. Also, maybe it was me... but, I thought the model was a little unsettled when the Judges started talking about designing for the "larger" woman... of which she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170December 20, 2019 1:05 PM

That Geoffrey was very hot looking last night wearing all of his muscle slut shirts! And then... look what I found! I know the other guy in this image rather well. Si, who knows? I might run into Geoffrey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171December 20, 2019 1:11 PM

I like that Christian is basically telling us who is on the bottom three all the time. I hope Sergio and Christian have a nice bitchfight during the season since Sergio doesn't care much for Christian's advice. And wasn't Sergio's boyfriend a bit extra on the phone? The crying, the "miss-you-so-much ... but you better don't come home yet!" drama monologue. LOL.

I think Nancy is the dark horse of this season. She doesn't crumble under the stress of the show and delivers neat designs.

I think this is the episode that made me finally come around and I now like this reboot without Heidi and Tim. Christian and his mentoring is not only on point but also entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 172December 20, 2019 1:35 PM

You are my world!!!! That phone call seemed purposefully staged to make Sergio seem less like a dick.

by Anonymousreply 173December 20, 2019 1:40 PM

[quote]I think Nancy is the dark horse of this season. She doesn't crumble under the stress of the show and delivers neat designs.

I think that she is genuinely honored and excited to be there. I get the sense from her that she isn't that much concerned about winning the overall contest because in her mind she has already won.

by Anonymousreply 174December 20, 2019 1:46 PM

[quote]Sergio's attitude makes it very hard to root for him or be glad for his win.

Christian [looking at Sergio's dress]: Sergio, what's happening? It's amazing...?

Sergio: Thank you.

Christian: No, I'm asking.

Sergio: Oh! Yeah it is.

by Anonymousreply 175December 20, 2019 2:09 PM

I thought Christian and Mr. Lab Coat were being little bitches about the noise Nancy made breaking her ornaments.

#1 We've had noise from designers since day one. I'd lots rather hear her cracking ornaments then the LOUD noise designers have made doing grommets.

#2 She wasn't being noisy to be aggravating. She was doing the challenge

#3 I'd also rather hear her breaking ornaments than listen to Mr Lab Coat bitch & moan that this challenge & materials were beneath him.

by Anonymousreply 176December 20, 2019 2:12 PM

[quote]#3 I'd also rather hear her breaking ornaments than listen to Mr Lab Coat bitch & moan that this challenge & materials were beneath him.

The producers have got to be setting him up for a major fall.

by Anonymousreply 177December 20, 2019 2:15 PM

There is going to be at least one slash fiction about Christian and Sergio hate fucking each other in the work room. The challenge will be to explain why they are alone while it's happening.

by Anonymousreply 178December 20, 2019 2:27 PM

Why do they have to be alone?

by Anonymousreply 179December 20, 2019 2:30 PM

Sergio my have had the winning look, and it was great, smart to have grabbed the material he did, that gave the necessary structure, but he's so smug I want to smack him. Twice

by Anonymousreply 180December 20, 2019 2:30 PM

[quote]Sergio my have had the winning look, and it was great,...

I'm becoming disenchanted with him and his work. Ever since the cow girl gown in the previous episode I'm now unimpressed by his work and aesthetic. What I'm seeing is a gay boy who reads "Gone With The Wind" weekly and then puts a low class southern spin on the Miss Scarlett hoop dress.

"Lawsy Miss Scarlett, I knows nothing 'bouts designing dem New Yawk dresses!"

by Anonymousreply 181December 20, 2019 2:51 PM

In this case Sergio was able to back up his cockiness. Though I don't know what kind of woman would wear that particular dress at a cocktail party. For some strange reason his design reminded me of a Mary Had A Little Lamb costume which usually comes with a staff and a lamb as props.

by Anonymousreply 182December 20, 2019 3:09 PM

[quote] I don't know what kind of woman would wear that particular dress at a cocktail party.

Sue Ellen and Bobbie Joe to the annual Cattleman's Ball...

by Anonymousreply 183December 20, 2019 3:13 PM

R182 I can see it fitting in perfectly over on Petticoat Junction.

by Anonymousreply 184December 20, 2019 3:33 PM

Nancy is good. The other contestants seem to like her. And she's always in there hugging and supporting people.

by Anonymousreply 185December 20, 2019 11:14 PM

Tyler should have gone home over Alan. Tyler's dress was a mess. It didn't fit, it was too short, it didn't make sense. Alan's was inappropriate but it was almost ok looking when someone said it would work at Burning Man.

by Anonymousreply 186December 20, 2019 11:20 PM

Don't like the revamp. No Tim, no me.

by Anonymousreply 187December 20, 2019 11:26 PM

Kiernan Shipka did a good job. She had opinions.

by Anonymousreply 188December 20, 2019 11:30 PM

I really resent the kasting of a Kushner.

Nevertheless, last season and this season already are leaps and bounds better than any on Lifetime. Do you remember the “Dixie Cup Challenge?” How about the season when every designer was abysmal, used only “Millennial Pink” and one was celebrated for hanging straps off everything he made?

Siriano adds a lot to this restored series, and somehow Bravo found much more talented designers than the ones on Lifetime who couldn’t sew. I also really appreciate that the episodes focus on the designers’ creativity instead of lame reality show drama. I’ve only ever watched this show to watch creative processes at play.

by Anonymousreply 189December 20, 2019 11:49 PM

Alan > Tyler

by Anonymousreply 190December 21, 2019 1:17 AM

Tyler is cute. Glad he stayed.

by Anonymousreply 191December 21, 2019 3:12 AM

I am so over this fucking Moldovan bitch. Michael Kors would have torn her pillow slip fabric to shreds.

I adore Christian. He is making the show for me. Without his humour and empathy it would be so dull. And I agree with you R189, it's so refreshing to go back to watching the creative process. In the last few Tim & Heidi seasons it was becoming more like a reality show where personality was favoured over design and innovation.

I wish Alan had stayed too. I also felt like any fucking in the workroom would have been between him and Christian. Am I the only one who sensed a flirtation there? And a lingering look when Alan had to leave?

Last note, I'm really warming to Karlie.

by Anonymousreply 192December 21, 2019 1:35 PM

Kloss is doing OK. Not sure how she got to iconic model status, though. Other than being very tall and thin, her face is nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 193December 21, 2019 4:42 PM

I think Kloss is good at hosting. She is talented insofar as this sort of role requires talent. She is much better than Alyssa Milano, anyway.

But she is also sucking at the teat of the Kushner family’s slum real estate holdings while claiming to be above and to have nothing to do with the Trumps. She’s the same.

by Anonymousreply 194December 21, 2019 5:26 PM

Project Runway Turns 15: See Where the Winners of the Show Are Now

Sun., Dec. 1, 2019

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 22, 2019 6:55 AM

This show is ridiculous.

The judges are clearly talking out of their assholes.

Shavi's big red poofy dress was horrendous. And it's in the top?

Britney should have gone home. She took wrapping paper, cut it, and called it a dress. That's total BULLSHIT. They kept her in because she was a big, fat crybaby. And she's female.

This show has become so manipulated, and I have no idea what garments these "judges" are looking at, because it's not the same thing I'm looking at.

They are literally talking out of their assholes, to fit the narrative of the show, and it's really pissing me off.

by Anonymousreply 196December 23, 2019 1:02 AM

r196 No, i think Britney was given another chance because of her past looks /potential.

by Anonymousreply 197December 23, 2019 1:04 AM

I agree the red poofy dress was awful. It would’ve been awful on a svelte model, but was ridiculous on that larger one...

by Anonymousreply 198December 23, 2019 1:25 AM

For those who did not see the episode or those who wish to watch it again

Project Runway Season 18 Episode 3 | Project Runway 2019 Full Episodes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199December 23, 2019 2:13 AM

Too many viewers would have created a shitstorm over the winner’s having cheated by using materials obtained well after the allotted time, for the judges not to give her some benefit of the doubt , R197 and R196.

by Anonymousreply 200December 23, 2019 2:22 AM

For those who did not see the episode or those who wish to watch it again

Project Runway Season 18 Episode 2 | Project Runway 2019 Full Episodes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201December 23, 2019 3:01 AM

THANK YOU R201!!! I subscribed to you 3 weeks ago. I can't get it here in Australia (without paying a ridiculous amount to get cable). I am indebted to you for keeping me up to date with PR season 18.

by Anonymousreply 202December 23, 2019 3:19 AM

[quote]Too many viewers would have created a shitstorm over the winner’s having cheated by using materials obtained well after the allotted time

How so? I thought he got his material w/in the ten minutes like everyone else did.

by Anonymousreply 203December 23, 2019 11:03 AM

I think this is about the bells since they were not seen to be part of what Sergio took.

by Anonymousreply 204December 23, 2019 11:06 AM

Oh, okay but the designers often share material if they aren't going to need it in other challenges. So, I don't see what was the big deal.

by Anonymousreply 205December 23, 2019 11:14 AM

Delvin mentioned the bells so casully that I presume that they were already in Sergio's posession.

by Anonymousreply 206December 23, 2019 11:24 AM

In this case that did not happen, R205. I believe that it was Shavi that told Sergio to just take and use the bells that were attached to the Christmas stockings that were in the penthouse. This was after the material grab.

by Anonymousreply 207December 23, 2019 11:26 AM

[quote]I believe that it was Shavi that told Sergio to just take and use the bells that were attached to the Christmas stockings that were in the penthouse. This was after the material grab.

Well, in that case, that's a no-no, but it's not as if anyone could see the bells. Plus, the bells didn't support the gown in any way. They weren't even ornamentation.

by Anonymousreply 208December 23, 2019 11:36 AM

I'm SUCH a Geoffrey fan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209December 23, 2019 12:11 PM

I'm sory, r209. Geoffrey is a hot mess. He acts like a shadow would scare the shit out of him.

by Anonymousreply 210December 23, 2019 2:09 PM

Geoffrey seems like a methy queen to me.

I am very judgy of gay guys who refuse to wear clothing. I just don’t get what that’s about.

by Anonymousreply 211December 23, 2019 4:05 PM

[quote]I am very judgy of gay guys who refuse to wear clothing. I just don’t get what that’s about.

Having a very good diet and working out very hard at the gym. Then playing "I'm Coming Out" by the FABULOUS Miss Diana Ross!

It's about attracting the boys and getting laid!!!

Geoffrey had his own limited addition underwear. "Ice Cream Truck" underwear

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212December 23, 2019 5:18 PM

“ Geoffrey had his own limited addition underwear. "Ice Cream Truck" underwear.”

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 213December 23, 2019 5:30 PM

Thanks R213 "edition" I shouldn't be crunching numbers while trying to post on DL at the same time!

by Anonymousreply 214December 23, 2019 5:33 PM

I KNEW IT!

Keep searching. I must keep searching...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215December 23, 2019 7:51 PM

Siriano has proven himself to be a better mentor than Tim. Everything that Christian hates, the judges also hate. That wasn't always the case with Tim. Towards the end of Tim's run, he and the judges disagreed a lot of the time, which led to the designers frequently ignoring his advice. That loss of respect is what caused Tim's riff with the show and certain designers.

by Anonymousreply 216December 23, 2019 8:18 PM

The judges were better in the previous version...

by Anonymousreply 217December 23, 2019 8:37 PM

R216, when watching reality shows it's good to remember that we only see what the production wants us to see. They might've wanted Gunn's advice to seem distant to make the show more interesting to watch. After all people were getting a bit bored about the whole Project Runway experience and there's only so much changes they dare to make to the formula. Likewise they might now present Siriano in a very positive light to make us like him more since Gunn was such an important part of the whole experience. The mentors spend hours with the contestants and we get to only see a brief moment of their interaction.

Still, Siriano is a fashion designer himself who's been in real business for years which certainly gives him an edge over a teacher. And obviously he knows what it's like to be a contestant in the show.

by Anonymousreply 218December 23, 2019 8:40 PM

All signs point to the oriental woman reaching the finale and probably winning.

She has been featured in every single episode so far, with a back story, as well.

That usually indicates that the person is going to go all the way to the end.

by Anonymousreply 219December 23, 2019 8:53 PM

Hmm... I don't know, R219. I think that Nancy will take it.

by Anonymousreply 220December 23, 2019 8:58 PM

So far R220, no one has been featured more than the oriental.

by Anonymousreply 221December 23, 2019 9:05 PM

FYI: Lizzo performed on Saturday Night Live this past weekend. Her background dancers pergormed in custom made costumes by Garo Sparo

"Feeling good as hell watching Lizzo’s stunning dancers in custom Garo Sparo costumes for SNL 💚🙌🏼🎀 designed and styled by Brett Alan Nelson Lizzo’s look by The Blonds"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222December 23, 2019 9:07 PM

Well, you could be right R221. Of course, I don't know. But, I don't feel a winner. However, I think that PR is trying to capture some of the popularity of the YouTube sensation in R63 with Dyaoung.

by Anonymousreply 223December 23, 2019 9:21 PM

I like Christian a lot. He was young and annoying (“FIERCE!” “HOT MESS!”) as a contestant and now that he has matured he has the talent and the demeanor to be a great television personality with longevity.

by Anonymousreply 224December 23, 2019 11:08 PM

Can the asshole of posts R59, R81, R93, R219, R221, please stop.

by Anonymousreply 225December 23, 2019 11:14 PM

Christian's boyfriend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226December 23, 2019 11:22 PM

R224

Yeah, Christian has so much "Talent and demeanor" that his company went belly up.

by Anonymousreply 227December 24, 2019 11:08 AM

When did that happen, R227? I have not read anything to support your posting.

by Anonymousreply 228December 24, 2019 11:33 AM

Oh Lawd!

by Anonymousreply 229December 24, 2019 12:24 PM

R228 Something tells me he is confusing Christian Siriano with Zac Posen.

by Anonymousreply 230December 24, 2019 1:19 PM

Yeah, since the show just featured Christian's store last season.

by Anonymousreply 231December 24, 2019 7:28 PM

Why does the oriental woman always get the skinny models, but all the other designers get the BIG and LARGE women?

Oh yeah, that seems fair.

Looks rigged, to me.

by Anonymousreply 232December 26, 2019 5:56 PM

She ha traveled a lot and is very experienced

Dayoung Kim

Portland, OR

Born in Seoul, Korea, Dayoung Kim started her vast cultural journey at a young age. With her parents’ encouragement, she moved to India at age 14 and attended a high school there which broadened her world view and design aesthetic. She then attended The Academy of Art University in San Francisco for her Fashion major and then continued her education at the Samsung Art and Design Institute in Seoul. While in college, Dayoung also completed an internship in Milan, Italy that further developed her skills. After college, she competed in and won the Korean show “Project Next Designer,” and was awarded as an Emerging Designer of 2008 by the Seoul Metropolitan Government. She continued to travel until ultimately settling down in Portland and launching her line MOIRAI in 2016. Her ready-to-wear line is carefully crafted to feel harmonious, effortless, and timeless, while enhancing the beauty and character of her customer. She keeps in mind subtlety and nuance when designing, and focuses on creating a sculpture with soft materials. She describes her style as sophisticated, with balanced elements of feminine and masculine design with alluring details, and her proudest moments are when a customer falls in love with her clothes. Dayoung hopes to one day be a part of New York, London, or Milan Fashion Week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233December 26, 2019 6:20 PM

Just remembering Christians season and the little designerette bitch he had to make a prom dress for and was almost sent home over...I miss the old show with Heidi constantly droning on about where the breasts should/could be and Michael was always getting the stoned giggles, Nina was a BITCH and Tim was of NO HELP, because really how often are critiques relevant to anyones work other than the speaker?

by Anonymousreply 234December 26, 2019 6:39 PM

R262

#1 You don't call people Orientals

#2 It isn't a conspiracy that she has gotten thin models. It's the luck of the draw. Every week Christian has said go grab a card. They don't know who they're grabbing.

by Anonymousreply 235December 26, 2019 7:41 PM

Was there an episode last night?

by Anonymousreply 236December 27, 2019 12:42 PM

The poster who still uses the word oriental, just how damn old are you?!

I get not being able to keep track of all their names, but you could say asian or korean.

by Anonymousreply 237December 27, 2019 4:28 PM

I like Christian a lot. The judges are awful, especially mr. large frame glasses.

by Anonymousreply 238December 27, 2019 5:18 PM

Was there a law passed, that said the word "oriental" could not be used to refer to east asians?

Or was that just some arbitrary P.C. shit, like Xhe or Xim?

Yup, seems like it.

Sorry, but you're not the boss of us. We can refer to people, however we choose to refer to them. There is no law against it.

by Anonymousreply 239December 27, 2019 6:00 PM

Come down off your cross mary r239.

Obviously in America we can refer to people as n*ggers, k*kes, and f@ggots and it is all legal, you just look a giant asshole no one wants anything to do with it.

No one uses the term oriental, so if you don't want to sound like you are from the 50s maybe don't use it. We were just trying to help you out dear, but clearly you don't want that. I'm sure you still say shit like negroes and quadroons too gramps.

by Anonymousreply 240December 27, 2019 6:22 PM

C’est un troll.

by Anonymousreply 241December 27, 2019 7:46 PM

R240 - I think R239 knows what its doing. It's just being an ass. Ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 242December 28, 2019 2:45 AM

I'll say this... That Delvin McCray (The Mr. Dior guy) ain't no joke! The guy looks like he is trying to make the most of his exposure on PR. He's redoing his web site, everything is looking even more professional than it had previously... I think he will be the next big breakout

The dress featured in the link:

Strapless Silk Taffeta Evening Gown

3,235.00 Excl. tax

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243December 28, 2019 3:17 AM

He seems to be a good designer, but that dress doesn’t do it. Hate the tit flaps, and it has the look of too much fabric pinned and draped employed by those with inferior construction skills. Also hated his unconventional materials look. The proportions were terrible...

by Anonymousreply 244December 28, 2019 1:26 PM

...and the fit around the models waist/torso is not good...

by Anonymousreply 245December 28, 2019 1:28 PM

Hideous.

by Anonymousreply 246December 28, 2019 3:06 PM

Shut up Sebastian

by Anonymousreply 247December 28, 2019 3:34 PM

The gown in 243 looks like a costume for one of the ugly stepsisters, in a third rate bus and truck tour of a stage musical version of “Cinderella”.

by Anonymousreply 248December 28, 2019 4:03 PM

Oh, for goodness sake! The dress was just one example to show how Delvin is stepping up his game and becoming more business oriented and thinking about sustainability. Go to his site and pick something that you like! SHEESH!

What you will find there are designs that sell at a price point that can bring in a more moderate consumer, a shoe which could attract a younger audience, etc, in addition to his much more expensive pieces. The quality of his website and fashion shots have stepped up too. I believe that guy has been able to attract financial backing and a creative team that wants to help him make it to the next level.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249December 28, 2019 4:58 PM

Why was there no episode on the 26th? Eugh, this fucking show...

by Anonymousreply 250December 28, 2019 5:38 PM

Maybe because of the holidays, R250? Let people enjoy "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and standing in long lines returning gifts, etc. There will be a more attentive audience in the new year.

by Anonymousreply 251December 28, 2019 5:46 PM

[quote]Tyler is cute. Glad he stayed.

I agree, though I will miss Alan.

[quote]There is going to be at least one slash fiction about Christian and Sergio hate fucking each other in the work room.

Maybe because they worked together so well on the first challenge (and appear to have a good relationship in general) that I personally wouldn't mind seeing a little romance develop between Tyler and Delvin.

by Anonymousreply 252December 29, 2019 2:55 AM

New episode is running.... NOW!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253January 3, 2020 1:13 AM

Damn, Tyler really went there. Karli was shooketh.

by Anonymousreply 254January 3, 2020 2:18 AM

Hating Sssssergio, like her outfit. OMG Tyler WENT THERE!

by Anonymousreply 255January 3, 2020 2:20 AM

“Not even to dinner with the Kushners, BITCH?”

by Anonymousreply 256January 3, 2020 2:20 AM

He stunned the whole panel. Loved it!

by Anonymousreply 257January 3, 2020 2:20 AM

Classic.

by Anonymousreply 258January 3, 2020 2:21 AM

That's the quietest the judges have ever been and I hope he gets a good blow job for that.

by Anonymousreply 259January 3, 2020 2:22 AM

SET UP! Soooo... pre-written and planned.

Everyone was talking about the blonde being in the Kushner family since this show started. Well.... the show finally addressed it in order to get it out of the way. I feel bad for Tyler but he has a not so good history. I guess it's time for him to go.

by Anonymousreply 260January 3, 2020 2:26 AM

Tyler is delusional if he thinks that look fit the brief for the challenge. It was a bland, dated looking. Nothing about it said cool and for a fashion event. It's one thing to know you made a bad look, its another to make a bad look and not be able to see it.

by Anonymousreply 261January 3, 2020 2:31 AM

[quote]Tyler is delusional if he thinks that look fit the brief for the challenge. It was a bland, dated looking.

Well, even if you look at his past work everything came across as if he was caught in some type of time warp. I think he is too influenced by his own drag.

by Anonymousreply 262January 3, 2020 2:33 AM

Stand by your comment, everyone on that panel and in the audience knows it was a dig at her family in law. Why try to backtrack, it's left your mouth, nothing you can do it.

by Anonymousreply 263January 3, 2020 2:33 AM

R263 Maybe they threatened him off camera and told him that he will regret it if he doesn’t take the opportunity to apologize.

by Anonymousreply 264January 3, 2020 2:35 AM

Do y'all think that was really planned? Tyler didn't need to mention her family but it doesn't help that the name Kushner is virtual poison in certain circles. Ak! The defensiveness seemed genuine. Do not fuck with the Kloss brand by invoking Kushners.

by Anonymousreply 265January 3, 2020 2:35 AM

Sergio is a real underminer. He was trying to get Tyler to doubt himself. And honestly Tyler should. He's a delusional twenty-something with no experience. He can't make patterns? Good luck. Come back in 10 or 20 years. He doesn't even get how blah his look was.

by Anonymousreply 266January 3, 2020 2:38 AM

Tyler works at a drag queen, he is used to being sassy, you can see it how it just came out almost reflexively. Honestly at some point at contestant was going to say something about her connection Jared/Ivanka. You know off camera they talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 267January 3, 2020 2:38 AM

Almost anyone would smile when someone mentions their family. Karlie Kloss Kushner recoiled in shock and disgust and anger. That pretty much says it all.

by Anonymousreply 268January 3, 2020 2:40 AM

Sorry for the many typos, I've been drinking...

by Anonymousreply 269January 3, 2020 2:41 AM

R297 Well, yeah, one of the people in the green room said, “NO! Don’t say that OUT LOUD!” The show editors just revealed that the designers trash KKK when the cameras aren’t around.

by Anonymousreply 270January 3, 2020 2:42 AM

Imagine if the Russian wins the overall contest? HA! I can write the headlines now!

by Anonymousreply 271January 3, 2020 2:42 AM

Ivanka is so proud of her sister...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272January 3, 2020 2:44 AM

Karlie Kloss is a cunt. Didn’t know that.

by Anonymousreply 273January 3, 2020 2:45 AM

Their Russian and Saudi friends have taught the Kushners not to tolerate dissenters and critics. Tyler may as well have bathed in plutonium when he decided to ask that question.

by Anonymousreply 274January 3, 2020 2:47 AM

I'm shook. Kloss bristled hard

by Anonymousreply 275January 3, 2020 2:49 AM

Tyler’s look was the third worst, not the worst. He’s off because he insulted the host.

I can’t believe that denim monstrosity was in the top three or that the judges honestly thought it looked chic. WTF happened to this show?

by Anonymousreply 276January 3, 2020 2:56 AM

Goodwill Industries @GoodwillIntl: Thoroughly enjoyed that #ProjectRunway episode! So many unique, upcycled fashions. Great job Victoria and to all the designers for their inspirations ✂️

Nolan Kline @nolan_kline: Me watching @ProjectRunway as this line just happened: “Not even to dinner with the Kushners?” @BravoTV

Brandon Hilton @BRANDONHILTON: Oooo this little baby gay just got herself canned on Project Runway, but the read was ICONIC!!! Karlie Kloss is a Kushner?!?!

Goodwill of WNY @GoodwillWNY: Chelsea’s #upcycleddenim look reminds us of the creations of our @Buffalostateftt partners! #ProjectRunway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277January 3, 2020 2:57 AM

[quote]Tyler’s look was the third worst, not the worst. He’s off because he insulted the host.

Even ignoring that...this was Tyler's third episode in a row being on the bottom. He was living on borrowed time.

by Anonymousreply 278January 3, 2020 2:58 AM

[quote]I can’t believe that denim monstrosity was in the top three or that the judges honestly thought it looked chic.

It did look chic. The model looked good in it, Karli would look good in it. Not setting the world on fire but it was a nice look.

by Anonymousreply 279January 3, 2020 3:05 AM

The Maldovan lady comes off as a 1980s Melania. She’s gonna win. Bravo is sending all kinds of dog whistles with this show.

by Anonymousreply 280January 3, 2020 3:12 AM

I love the content stealers!

Project Runway Season 18 Episode 4 | Project Runway 2020 Full Episodes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281January 3, 2020 3:12 AM

[quote]The Maldovan lady comes off as a 1980s Melania. She’s gonna win.

Of course she is going to win. SHE'S A RUSSIAN!

by Anonymousreply 282January 3, 2020 3:14 AM

The demin look was cool but for CFDA in Paris? I don't know. Shades of Britney/Justin 2001.

by Anonymousreply 283January 3, 2020 3:14 AM

The winner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284January 3, 2020 3:18 AM

Amazing that the editors didn’t cut it out. Karlie has really tried to distance herself from the family. She must not have any pull at the production...just a hired hand.

by Anonymousreply 285January 3, 2020 3:26 AM

Christian Siriano Addresses That Major Shade From the Eliminated Designer | PRW After Show (S18 Ep4)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286January 3, 2020 3:27 AM

The reality TV lives for moments like r285 that, no way they would cut it. Look at how it jumped started this thread with comments.

by Anonymousreply 287January 3, 2020 3:34 AM

I thought Brandon made the insult? Didn’t he say Karli Wouldnt have worn it for dinner with the Kushners? What did Tyler say?

by Anonymousreply 288January 3, 2020 3:37 AM

I enjoyed the interview at R286. Tyler is so cute and funny and shady.

by Anonymousreply 289January 3, 2020 3:42 AM

Here's the FULL episode.

(These jokers don't play!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290January 3, 2020 3:43 AM

R287 Bravo loves sharing a good gift!

by Anonymousreply 291January 3, 2020 3:45 AM

The look on Nina's face was priceless. It looked like she was trying to keep a straight face but really LOVED the comment.

by Anonymousreply 292January 3, 2020 4:36 AM

Sssssssergio. Ssssabotage!

by Anonymousreply 293January 3, 2020 6:27 AM

R286, that interview was so good. Tyler is a shady, shady queen...

by Anonymousreply 294January 3, 2020 9:10 AM

R292, Nina was living for that comment. She completely gagged!

by Anonymousreply 295January 3, 2020 9:13 AM

R294 I love Christian on the show, but the interview, not so much. After almost every single answer he just said “Interesting!”

by Anonymousreply 296January 3, 2020 9:42 AM

R288 No. The editing was confusing before the commercial. After the commercial the cuts showed more clearly that Tyler is the one who asked if Karlie would wear the dress to dinner with the Kooshballs.

by Anonymousreply 297January 3, 2020 9:44 AM

[quote]Karlie has really tried to distance herself from the family. She must not have any pull at the production...just a hired hand.

What would make you think that she is anything more than a hired hand, R285? Yes, she and the show wanted to distance themselves from the Kushners, but they couldn't. Therefore, you just address the elephant in the room and deal with it from that point. Who knows? But, her association with the Kushners and thereby the Trumps, in some fashion could have been affecting the show in some way and among higher levels. Think about the affects that an anti-trumper exec like an Anna Wintour could have upon the show.

by Anonymousreply 298January 3, 2020 11:09 AM

I thought Nancy should've won.. I loved the look & I could definitely see Karlie looking amazing wearing it in Paris.

I really liked this week's mentor. I like her better than Christian.

by Anonymousreply 299January 3, 2020 12:01 PM

Congrats to Victoria

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300January 3, 2020 12:03 PM

I agree with the judges—Victoria’s look was great. Innovative without being too out there And it was constructed very well. She’s the front runner in my opinion; hope she doesn’t get tripped up, I’d like her or Nancy to win.

by Anonymousreply 301January 3, 2020 12:59 PM

[quote]Victoria’s look was great. Innovative without being too out there And it was constructed very well.

Tyler is correct. She does the same thing for every single submission but in different colors...

by Anonymousreply 302January 3, 2020 1:02 PM

Lol, omg, Christian should have saved him! 🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303January 3, 2020 1:13 PM

[quote]You know off camera they talk about it.

Definitely. One of the contestants backstage said "Don't say that out loud", meaning they must have talked about it off camera.

by Anonymousreply 304January 3, 2020 1:17 PM

I didn't enjoy that denim monstrosity either. Made my eyes hurt. She looked like a fucking hillbilly redneck! Everyone in Paris would be laughing at her.

by Anonymousreply 305January 3, 2020 1:24 PM

Well, it seems as if Goodwill is really trying to make some traction off of the episode;

Goodwill Arkansas @GoodwillAR: Good morning! Did anybody watch last night's #ProjectRunway? Tell us what you thought!

by Anonymousreply 306January 3, 2020 1:29 PM

The denim pants fit horribly in the crotch area

by Anonymousreply 307January 3, 2020 3:32 PM

✡️(((Tara Dublin)))✡️ @taradublinrocks: I was today years old when I learned Tyler Neasloney is a person who exists & then fell in love with him @ProjectRunway #ThursdayThoughts

Decider@decider: #ProjectRunway designer Tyler Neasloney threw some jaw-dropping shade at Karlie Kloss with a slam about the "Kushners."

Jarett Wieselman@JarettSays: one of the #ProjectRunway designers invoked "The Kushners" last night while defending his design and this is the face Karlie Kloss made. He was then eliminated from the show

Trishelle@TrishelleC: Omg I HAVE to start watching this show ⚰️⚰️🤣 #ProjectRunway

Logo 🏳️‍🌈@LogoTV: The SHADE. #ProjectRunway's Tyler Neasloney designer was out… of f*cks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308January 3, 2020 5:19 PM

I want to salute his shade, but for me the power of the moment is diluted by him trying hard to backtrack at the end.

by Anonymousreply 309January 3, 2020 5:27 PM

Unfortunately, it just seemed unpleasant when he did it, like trying to get back at her for not liking his dress. Had he done it smiling as a self deprecating quip, it would have been brilliant, but it just came off defensively mean.

by Anonymousreply 310January 3, 2020 5:39 PM

You married into the family, bitch and everyone knows it. Hell, even Ivanka tweeted it. If you are that defensive about it, then get off television.

by Anonymousreply 311January 3, 2020 5:53 PM

The show would be wise to exploit the Karlie - Kushner- Trump connection in challenges.

[quote} Designers, in this next Karlie Kushner challenge, you're designing for the woman on the go. She's traveling on foot from Venezuela, across mountains and streams, to a cage in California. So she'll need a ready-to-wear dress that can function as both a tent AND a sleeping bag.

by Anonymousreply 312January 3, 2020 6:24 PM

He should not have apologised to that collaborator.

by Anonymousreply 313January 3, 2020 6:34 PM

I don’t believe in guilt by association. I certainly take no responsibility for my brothers’ in-laws.

by Anonymousreply 314January 3, 2020 6:36 PM

Well, I do.

by Anonymousreply 315January 3, 2020 6:38 PM

If scripted, it was genius on the part of the producers. If not, it was suicide on the part of the contestant....regardless, I loved it!....

by Anonymousreply 316January 3, 2020 7:13 PM

^It was scripted. I'm sure that Tyler got a little taste of something-something in a white unmarked envelope and a date with one of the hunky production crew members that will make him a happy bottom again.

by Anonymousreply 317January 3, 2020 7:23 PM

Did anyone else think "IVANKA" when Tyler's model came down the runway. The model looked just like her and I could imagine Ivanka wearing that.

Karlie looked like she thought the comment was funny until that guy with the glasses said something. Then she thought, "Oh shit, everyone else thinks that was a slam!" Then she gave her tsk, tsk look.

by Anonymousreply 318January 3, 2020 8:39 PM

Town & Country, hunty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319January 3, 2020 9:02 PM

She married the Kute Kushner, the Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 320January 3, 2020 9:35 PM

Joshua and Jared are very close, it's not like this is some estranged relationship where you can't help who you are related too.

by Anonymousreply 321January 3, 2020 9:40 PM

He’s prettier than she is.

by Anonymousreply 322January 3, 2020 9:47 PM

I didn’t know she had been snubbed by her husband’s family for so long...

by Anonymousreply 323January 3, 2020 9:58 PM

She's married to a Kushner. Even if they hate her, it's not scandalous. It's true. Much ado drama about nothing.

by Anonymousreply 324January 3, 2020 10:46 PM

Does anyone know how the show is doing as far as ratings are concerned? I mean that some would argue that this is a niche show for a niche audience but I'm sure the show's owners are looking to build its audiences. This little tete-a-tete did give the program a boost of publicity. Maybe it will attract more viewers.

by Anonymousreply 325January 3, 2020 10:59 PM

I assumed it must not be doing very well ratingswise because it’s literally the only television show in my DVR that aired a new episode during the holidays. It seems like that’s usually a kiss of death for TV shows when networks are willing to waste a new episode when viewership is low.

by Anonymousreply 326January 3, 2020 11:09 PM

OH! Look at what this one is doing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327January 3, 2020 11:44 PM

The show is definitely popular. Bravo's killing it this year. I love that they brought back Blind Date. And the Kushner family's got no reason to be snobby. Daddy Kushner, aka big closet case, brought down the governor of NJ when he introduced him to his Israeli sidepiece/hustler, so he's no paragon of virtue. So they snubbed Karlie Kloss. Like she cares. She got the good Kush. All of the money and none of the baggage. Or New York magazine articles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328January 3, 2020 11:46 PM

Alan's "Unstitched" show after his elimination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329January 3, 2020 11:48 PM

My father was a Jew and my mother was a Shiksa, like Karlie. His side didn't acknowledge her for five years.

by Anonymousreply 330January 3, 2020 11:49 PM

Fabulously nauseating @ R329

by Anonymousreply 331January 3, 2020 11:53 PM

So Karlie got pissed because she hates the Kushner family and does not want anyone to think she is a part of it?

by Anonymousreply 332January 4, 2020 12:01 AM

Ha! You have to respect this kid for his hustle. I don't believe that this has ever been done before. There's even some tea hinted at here in this episode. Good for him! This episode featured Veronica.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333January 4, 2020 12:07 AM

And vice versa R332.

by Anonymousreply 334January 4, 2020 12:07 AM

Not that I liked Kloss - I really don't get why she's a top model except that she is tall and thin - but she should have just laughed.

They made it into more of a dig than it was - and now I can't look at her the same way.

Sorry, but that is the family you married into. Warts and all. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 335January 4, 2020 12:16 AM

They do make a nice couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336January 4, 2020 12:54 AM

I believe Kloss believes that she is very progressive and I believe her opinions are liberal. As long as she can deny to herself that she married a man at least in part for his reported half-billion dollar inheritance, and as long as she can continue to deny to herself that continuing to fill her joint bank account with tons of money flowing in from the slums her family and his vile family operates reflects on her at all.

by Anonymousreply 337January 4, 2020 12:59 AM

Karlie's gone from Taylor Swift to Ivanka Trump.

by Anonymousreply 338January 4, 2020 1:10 AM

Tyler’s design was boring, but at least it was at wearable. The other two bottoms turned out hideous crap that even a ho wouldn’t put on. As for Karlie, her prissy offense-taking turned so quickly into a revengeful snarl, that it couldn’t mask her barely hidden deplorable tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 339January 4, 2020 2:06 AM

Kushner does look great in r336 in sunglasses.

But in other pics, you can see his brother Jared's eyes shining on through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340January 4, 2020 2:10 AM

Nancy should have won. How could the judges not see the charm and subtle references her outfit made to Audrey Hepburn’s “Sabrina”?

by Anonymousreply 341January 4, 2020 2:16 AM

[quote]The whole family “spoke horribly” about Kloss behind her back, and referred to her as “the lingerie model.” “Josh told Gary Cohn and others he was not allowed to bring Kloss to holiday family gatherings. For six years they refused to even meet her

But they think Ivanka's a catch because she's been to an ivy league school and she converted to Judaism.

by Anonymousreply 342January 4, 2020 2:36 AM

Tyler’s “Kushner” comment could be seed of revolution against the 1%. I heard myself gasp when he said that. I hope that I don’t read that he disappeared a year from now.

by Anonymousreply 343January 4, 2020 2:37 AM

The Kushners are actual friends with a prince who cut a journalist to pieces in his consulate. While he was alive. And recorded it.

Tyler may be in danger.

by Anonymousreply 344January 4, 2020 2:41 AM

[quote]I assumed it must not be doing very well ratingswise because it’s literally the only television show in my DVR that aired a new episode during the holidays.

r326 It literally did not air during the holidays (on the 26th), which is what I was complaining about earlier in the thread. The latest episode aired on the 2nd, which isn't a holiday.

by Anonymousreply 345January 4, 2020 11:24 AM

Tyler may have not won this season, but he's will be remembered forever for that comment. The shock in everybody's faces. Entertainment gold!

Everybody knows that the Kushners HATE her. I love Karlie, but that not amused, stone-faced reaction was EVERYTHING!!!!!

And I love how he hoped for Christian to use his save on him hoping that his apology might have smoothed things over. LOL

by Anonymousreply 346January 4, 2020 11:59 AM

Sorry, but he will be remembered ...

by Anonymousreply 347January 4, 2020 12:00 PM

I love that on this special occasion they went for models that are Karlie clones. No fats and no brunettes!

by Anonymousreply 348January 4, 2020 12:10 PM

Those up cycled clothes are from the great unwashed masses. Karlie will wear that Winning outfit for about 10 seconds, long enough for a photo op. Imagine the Kushner’s roar of laughter, she’s now wearing used clothing. What this whore won’t do...

by Anonymousreply 349January 4, 2020 12:52 PM

Why is Karlie on this show and Heidi Klum isn't? Is Heidi off doing the German version or something?

Karlie gets on my damn nerves - going on about her STEM push for women and coding because she took a single class in it. Meanwhile she makes millions based on her looks and unachievable body type.

I'm sure her husband is probably a good guy, but her response was over the top and punitive. Did not look good.

by Anonymousreply 350January 4, 2020 5:38 PM

Heidi was fired. Probably because Bravo had incentives including paying a newcomer less, but probably also because Bravo wanted to “refresh” its stale formula, and in entertainment that necessarily means dismissing women over 37 or so in exchange for youth. In this case, the man (Tim) was also replaced by someone young. But they were both fired. Not for performance, just for being too old and for hanging around long enough that they priced themselves out of their jobs.

Gabrielle Union is presently settling with NBC (which owns Bravo) behind the scenes. The network is probably going to pay her a lot of money to shut her up, because she was fired from America’s Got Talent and replaced with a pretty young thing, and Gabrielle Union correctly complained that the series has always featured the same two ugly old men (Simon Cowell and Howie Mandel) while rotating out a cast of ever-younger ladyhosts. And Union, who is objectively gorgeous, says that she and other female hosts were criticized endlessly about their less-than-perfect appearances while Howie and Simon sit there getting pay raises as they melt into freaky old blobs on television over the decades.

by Anonymousreply 351January 4, 2020 5:50 PM

Heidi and Tim went to Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 352January 4, 2020 6:01 PM

Any word about Making the Cut?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353January 4, 2020 6:05 PM

Making the Cunt sounds like an original Data Lounge makeover show. Find a nice, respectable young woman and turn her into a bitter, jealous and insecure bitch. Or: find a nice young gay man and let time pass.

by Anonymousreply 354January 4, 2020 6:47 PM

Heidi and Tim weren't fired. They wanted more money and thought they were irreplaceable. SURPRISE! The House and the accountants will always win. They always do.

by Anonymousreply 355January 4, 2020 7:17 PM

I much preferred the show when it was Heidi and Tim.

by Anonymousreply 356January 4, 2020 7:27 PM

Yes it has been rehashed many times by now, but as r355 said Heidi and Tim's salaries had ballooned quite high. They were offered to do the reboot at a fraction of what they became accustomed to, and they turned it down.

by Anonymousreply 357January 4, 2020 8:19 PM

I love Tim Gunn but did not realize how stale he had gotten until Christian became a mentor. I absolutely feel replacing him was a good move. While I have not clicked with Karli, I do not miss Heidi.

by Anonymousreply 358January 5, 2020 12:34 AM

[quote] Tyler’s look was the third worst, not the worst. He’s off because he insulted the host.

I'm sure that was part of it, but also, much as the Kushner comment amused me, Tyler really is a shitty designer. His look may not have been the worst of the night, but it did completely miss the the point of the challenge. Even a really nice, modern version of what some preppy, upper-crust lady would wear to go sailing on Nantucket would not be appropriate for a fashion show in Paris. And Tyler's look wasn't nice or up to date, it was boring and looked cheap. He's made something equally lousy for each of the previous challenges and worse yet, NEVER recognizes what's wrong with his designs, no matter how hard Christian and the judges hammer it home. As Nina would say, I question his taste level.

by Anonymousreply 359January 5, 2020 1:07 AM

This whole thing is great but if KKK were smart she'd have talked the judges into waiting another week to can Tyler because now she looks petty, spiteful, vindictive and immature and insecure which isn't a good look for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 360January 5, 2020 1:20 AM

R360, exactly.

by Anonymousreply 361January 5, 2020 1:24 AM

The jeans design (not the one from Nancy, the other one) that was in the top was total bullshit. That for Paris and for a CFDA event? Completely Ugly American level of wrong. All that was missing was the US flag as cape. To me it totally missed the mark on the challenge, just like Tyler's who didn't design for CFDA but for an office party at Trump Towers.

by Anonymousreply 362January 5, 2020 1:34 AM

I like Tyler a little more knowing he works at Ali Forney but he needs to wake up. He is not it.

Someone should hand him this Ira Glass quote because his work is a disappointment to ME

[quote] Nobody tells people who are beginners — and I really wish somebody had told this to me — is that all of us who do creative work … we get into it because we have good taste. But it’s like there’s a gap, that for the first couple years that you’re making stuff, what you’re making isn’t so good, OK? It’s not that great. It’s really not that great. It’s trying to be good, it has ambition to be good, but it’s not quite that good. But your taste — the thing that got you into the game — your taste is still killer, and your taste is good enough that you can tell that what you’re making is kind of a disappointment to you, you know what I mean?

by Anonymousreply 363January 5, 2020 1:38 AM

I believe this was the first time that in the elimination procedure all three on the bottom were present for the elimination announcement. For a quick moment I thought two would go home, but it was just Tyler. Awkward!

by Anonymousreply 364January 5, 2020 1:42 AM

His taste isn't good enough which is why he was unable to see that the winning designs were more appropriate to the challenge and more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 365January 5, 2020 1:48 AM

This is the jean outfit everyone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366January 5, 2020 2:35 AM

R300 awww, how cute. Miss Karli got a hairstyle just like her sis-in-law Ivanka! They’re twinsies!

I mean, she’s a fucking Kushner. No point trying to sweep that shit under the rug, PR.

by Anonymousreply 367January 5, 2020 2:48 AM

does he say he likes his design because it's the 3rd thing he's made or because he's a moron? Or maybe there's so much rah rah you're all SO TALENTED TO EVEN BE HERE bullshit on these shows he defaults to feigning confidence over showing any self-reflection.

by Anonymousreply 368January 5, 2020 2:56 AM

R360 is spot on. Plus, keeping him on would increase viewership. This incident made lots of news...

by Anonymousreply 369January 5, 2020 2:05 PM

I wonder if he still designs and sews clothes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370January 5, 2020 3:36 PM

The only thing Jack sells these days is his old worn out hole.

by Anonymousreply 371January 5, 2020 3:38 PM

Ugh, R360. I got an STD just looking at that picture.

by Anonymousreply 372January 5, 2020 3:41 PM

I want R370

by Anonymousreply 373January 5, 2020 3:42 PM

Also available in a cologne for Jared...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374January 5, 2020 5:08 PM

He is a whore darling r373. If you really want Jack's diseased old hole you can rent it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375January 5, 2020 5:12 PM

I liked that tiny lesbian guest mentor/stylist on this week’s show. She was cute.

by Anonymousreply 376January 5, 2020 6:29 PM

I was worried she was going to replace Christian for the whole episode. They did source some good mini-mentors in Christian and Carla.

by Anonymousreply 377January 5, 2020 6:34 PM

I'm sorry, but if that denim outfit is something a supermodel would wear to an event in Paris, color me happy to be forever out of style. I don't even think Jamie Lynn Spears would wear that to the Miss Elk Lodge Louisiana pageant circa 1998.

by Anonymousreply 378January 5, 2020 11:09 PM

I liked the stylish, stylist as well....

by Anonymousreply 379January 6, 2020 12:07 AM

Kloss is an interesting choice for host because she doesn't really bring anything to the table besides being very tall. She's not especially charming or articulate. However, she does work in an industry that employs a lot of gay men. So when your sister-in-law is the daughter of one of the most reviled men on the planet who happens to be anti-gay to boot, you have to expect some slings and arrows. She should have been better prepared.

by Anonymousreply 380January 6, 2020 1:54 AM

Did Heidi really do any better at this? I could see missing Tim. He brought the idea of a serious look at the creative process.

by Anonymousreply 381January 6, 2020 4:12 PM

No. Heidi was no better. Arguably, Christian is doing better than Tim. I thought I’d miss them, but I don’t really.

by Anonymousreply 382January 6, 2020 6:40 PM

90% of Tim's advice was "make it work." Christian is light years better than him (at least the latter years).

by Anonymousreply 383January 6, 2020 6:56 PM

It may be the editing, but Christian always seems to spot the bottom and top looks. With Tim, it was hit or miss.

by Anonymousreply 384January 6, 2020 7:00 PM

Heidi was worlds better than KKK...

by Anonymousreply 385January 6, 2020 8:53 PM

I think Heidi has a better fashion eye than Kloss. I don't mind Kloss, but the Kirshner/Drumpf connection taints her.

by Anonymousreply 386January 7, 2020 1:59 AM

I really like the show. I love the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn that it shows. I like the moments when you see the contestants in the penthouse eating, exercising, and drinking a glass of wine! I like the work room. I like the overall visual appeal of the show.

by Anonymousreply 387January 7, 2020 2:49 AM

Not Williamsburg. Greenpoint.

by Anonymousreply 388January 7, 2020 11:23 AM

Williamsburg? Oh. Then I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 389January 7, 2020 11:30 AM

Heidi had a certain joie de vivre that is lacking in Kloss...

by Anonymousreply 390January 7, 2020 7:03 PM

Heidi is a smart business woman who used PR to promote her own fashion lines. That awkward interaction with her and Mondo, when she was the client, is a classic.

by Anonymousreply 391January 7, 2020 7:48 PM

My apologies if that was discussed already, but does anyone know something about this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392January 7, 2020 7:58 PM

I'm still trying to figure out the premise of the show. Is it a show that does the same challenges as PR?

by Anonymousreply 393January 8, 2020 6:40 AM

I wonder if the difference between Tim and Christian is that Tim was never a contestant. He would not have had the stress of competition and therefore more relaxed about feedback? Make it work is the same feedback is just an audible eye roll.

by Anonymousreply 394January 9, 2020 2:09 AM

R394 I was dating a guy in the Parsons Fashion design dept. when Gunn was still the head of the department and from what I'd heard he never had anything to say about the work even during shows and critiques, as was the same with many of the departments instructors. The complete opposite of my program where one instructor would cut off students during a presentation if it was bs. He regularly made both men and women students leave the room to completely break down.

by Anonymousreply 395January 9, 2020 2:46 AM

Tim is more hands off teacher approach

by Anonymousreply 396January 9, 2020 5:52 PM

R395 that sounds fun. Which school was that? I graduated from DAAP in Cincinnati and they usually brought in some guest critic that was adjacent to the work. Most of the criticism was banal.

by Anonymousreply 397January 10, 2020 12:23 AM

I forget that one chick (Melanie?) is even part of this show. She just had a talking head explaining her scandavian inspiration, that little screen time makes me thinks she gets the boot lol.

by Anonymousreply 398January 10, 2020 1:14 AM

Victoria has been repeating the same look to a large extent, at least she acknowledges it I guess.

by Anonymousreply 399January 10, 2020 1:38 AM

R399, yes, that’s true, but I really like it. An important part of her aesthetic is perfect execution, and she delivers.

by Anonymousreply 400January 10, 2020 1:47 AM

And, I think that the Russian gal should now be penalized. It's been the same thing over and over and over again. ENOUGH! She has yet to demonstrate any kind of diversity.

by Anonymousreply 401January 10, 2020 1:54 AM

MMPH.... There were a lot of looks that I liked. Without seeing a review of it again, I would say that Melanie, Delvin, and the Russian gal, are my bottom looks.

by Anonymousreply 402January 10, 2020 2:04 AM

Well... I guess we know who will be going home.

by Anonymousreply 403January 10, 2020 2:12 AM

How on earth has Sergio gotten to be such a ridiculous human being?! I want to believe he is just putting it on because he is on reality TV, but it feels genuine to me.

by Anonymousreply 404January 10, 2020 2:13 AM

How old does he think Nina Garcia and Cyndi Lauper are? They are WELL over 40, they are who you claim is your clientele.

by Anonymousreply 405January 10, 2020 2:14 AM

Karli: "Who are you Melanie?"

by Anonymousreply 406January 10, 2020 2:18 AM

Sssssergio, my goodness he designs for women 40 and up, to a woman who is old enough to be his mother, and I doubt she's financially destitute, so stupid!

"you don't like it, its not my problem" = fuck your opinions, I dont care. That's a great way to get sent home!

by Anonymousreply 407January 10, 2020 2:18 AM

They liked Brittany's look when it walked down the runway because Thijin was walking it, she is such a skilled runway model.

by Anonymousreply 408January 10, 2020 2:21 AM

I think it will be Melanie. Her creation was just panels over a tube top skirt. I liked her purse though. Shavi (or is that Marquise?) is saved because of the jacket. I'm like the judges... I didn't like Sergio's. But, it would be his attitude that would send him home.

The winner should be Geoffrey

by Anonymousreply 409January 10, 2020 2:26 AM

I said it would be Melanie back at r398 five minutes into the episode r409, the editing was pretty obvious.

Sergio is too good of TV for them to kick off so soon, and technically he is very skilled, I can't take that away from him. But technically skilled doesn't mean you have taste Sergio.

by Anonymousreply 410January 10, 2020 2:32 AM

Good for Nancy! I love her attitude and I liked her entry. The team didn't want to include her in the team dynamics and she had one of the better looks of all of the entries. But, I'm rather annoyed by how hard they hit Marquis but allowed Brittany to pretty much skate with such a bad execution.

by Anonymousreply 411January 10, 2020 2:36 AM

Damn, another PR death.

Makeup daddy Scott Patric who was a Project Runway staple has died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412January 10, 2020 2:39 AM

I think Victoria is talented, but at this point she could dress her model in turds and the judges would praise her to high heaven. I LOVED the look on Sergio's face when his team was at the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 413January 10, 2020 5:11 AM

I agree with those who said Victoria keeps making the same outfit. Why is she getting a pass from the judges and Christian?

by Anonymousreply 414January 10, 2020 5:44 AM

Someone needs to give Sergio a smackdown. What an obnoxious POS. I can see why he’ll last, though — someone like him is good tv.

Melanie’s outfit was terrible, and her weepy excuses were worse. I have no idea what she was trying to say.

by Anonymousreply 415January 10, 2020 6:37 AM

R412

Oh, I really liked him and wondered why he wasn't doing makeup this season.

by Anonymousreply 416January 10, 2020 9:28 AM

Sergio's design looked like a circus outfit.

by Anonymousreply 417January 10, 2020 11:48 AM

It was a similar silhouette to his cowgirl street wear get-up....which was completely absurd.

by Anonymousreply 418January 10, 2020 1:36 PM

We've seen that Sergio can do good work. His unconventional challenge was gorgeous. Everything else has been garbage.

What's even worse is his arrogant attitude. At least he's sobbing in next week's previews. Hopefully he finally wakes the fuck up that he's not anything special.

by Anonymousreply 419January 10, 2020 1:44 PM

I want the three black guys to make a hot sex tape and upload it to OnlyFans. They are all so fucking sexy, it drives me nuts! 😩

Sergio... remember a week or two ago when he said he wants to spread his knowledge because it's going to be lost otherwise once he dies? Bitch, you know there are other fashion designers in the world who have attended fashion schools as well, and who also know all those things and probably more, right? What a solipsistic cunt.

r412 Heart attack from drugs/steroids.

by Anonymousreply 420January 10, 2020 2:37 PM

[quote] His unconventional challenge was gorgeous.

Oh, please... He's like the Russian gal--everything is basically the same motif. Sergio's style is Scarlett O'Hara meets Calamity Jane and he has to dress her for the annual Cattlemen's Ball.... rather, hoedown.

[quote]An important part of her (Russian gal) aesthetic is perfect execution, and she delivers.

Well, damn! She should be able to deliver a perfect execution. She does the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

AGAIN!

by Anonymousreply 421January 10, 2020 2:39 PM

Christian's after show, show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422January 10, 2020 2:43 PM

Project Runway S18E05 She's Sew Unusual - Sew 80s (January 10, 2020)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423January 10, 2020 2:58 PM

I really though that this was cute and did not receive enough recognition.

Shavi Lewis entry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424January 10, 2020 3:16 PM

Sergio has to go, what a pompous asshole

by Anonymousreply 425January 10, 2020 3:27 PM

OH!

Project Runway Contestant Tyler Neasloney Releases “Not Even to Dinner With the Kushners?” Merchandise--Part of the proceeds go to LGTBQ+ homeless youth. (It sold out)

If you’ve been on Twitter in the last week, you’ve probably seen the now-iconic clip of Project Runway contestant Tyler Neasloney throwing just unfathomable shade at judge Karlie Kloss. The clip might only be days old but if you’re still not over Tyler’s remark, now you can experience it again in a new form: a T-shirt designed with charity in mind.

Embracing the meme, Tyler has designed two T-shirts bearing the popular phrase, donating half of the proceeds from each shirt sold to the pro-LGBTQ+ NGO Ali Forney Center. The center, based in New York, creates housing solutions for LGBTQ+ homeless youth. "Politically driven evening wear," Tyler wrote on Instagram when unveiling the two different tees.

To spruce up your memory ever so briefly, on the fourth episode of Bravo’s Project Runway, Tyler was tasked with designing a piece made from recycled materials to be worn in Paris by Karlie. The result left judges less than impressed, with Brandon Maxwell commenting that he “[couldn’t] see Karlie wearing it anywhere.” Without missing a beat, Tyler responded, “Not even to dinner with the Kushners?”

Twitter, as Twitter does, went berserk over Tyler’s comment. Karlie is married to Joshua Kushner, brother of Jared Kushner, and while Tyler himself walked his sass back later in the show, the politically charged clapback became an immediate entry in the shade-throwing hall of fame.

Tyler may have been sent home from Project Runway, but his words live on and this T-shirt is proof. The Trump administration — where Jared Kushner is a top adviser — is notorious for its handling of LGBTQ+ issues, the message behind Tyler’s charity choice is heard loud and clear.

“Not even to dinner with the Kushners?” are now available to buy on Tyler’s website and each shirt costs $35.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426January 10, 2020 3:33 PM

I’m surprised no one has mentioned/complained about Sergio acquiring the bells for his unconventional look well after the gathering time. Wasn’t that cheating?...

by Anonymousreply 427January 10, 2020 3:38 PM

Could that tee shirt be any lazier?

by Anonymousreply 428January 10, 2020 3:39 PM

Girls Just Want To Have Fun Music Video (Project Runway Edition) | Karlie Kloss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429January 10, 2020 3:43 PM

[quote]Could that tee shirt be any lazier?

It's a hit and quit.

Tyler's best line in my opinion; "I normally don't complain about being on the bottom..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430January 10, 2020 4:01 PM

Victoria's was too similar to last weeks to win. Sergio is an asshole. Eliminate him.

by Anonymousreply 431January 10, 2020 5:55 PM

Victoria is not Russian. She’s from Moldova, the forgotten country. It’s stuck between Ukraine and Romania.

by Anonymousreply 432January 10, 2020 7:25 PM

Most of the Moldovan territory was a part of the Principality of Moldavia from the 14th century until 1812, when it was ceded to the Russian Empire by the Ottoman Empire (to which Moldavia was a vassal state) and became known as Bessarabia. In 1856, southern Bessarabia was returned to Moldavia, which three years later united with Wallachia to form Romania, but Russian rule was restored over the whole of the region in 1878. During the 1917 Russian Revolution, Bessarabia briefly became an autonomous state within the Russian Republic, known as the Moldavian Democratic Republic. In February 1918, the Moldavian Democratic Republic declared independence and then integrated into Romania later that year following a vote of its assembly. The decision was disputed by Soviet Russia, which in 1924 established, within the Ukrainian SSR, a Moldavian autonomous republic (MASSR) on partially Moldovan-inhabited territories to the east of Bessarabia. In 1940, as a consequence of the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact, Romania was compelled to cede Bessarabia to the Soviet Union, leading to the creation of the Moldavian Soviet Socialist Republic (Moldavian SSR), which included the greater part of Bessarabia and the westernmost strip of the former MASSR (east of the Dniester River). On 27 August 1991, as the dissolution of the Soviet Union was underway, the Moldavian SSR declared independence and took the name Moldova.The constitution of Moldova was adopted in 1994. The strip of the Moldovan territory on the east bank of the Dniester has been under the de facto control of the breakaway government of Transnistria since 1990.

by Anonymousreply 433January 10, 2020 7:27 PM

Transnistria!

by Anonymousreply 434January 10, 2020 7:29 PM

She's a Russian! Das Vandanya

by Anonymousreply 435January 10, 2020 7:47 PM

R421

I have to disagree with you on Serio's unconventional dress. All his dresses have been a combo of hoe-down & saloon wear except for that week. The unconventional week was a chic dress suitable for a garden party or summer wedding guest attire.

Other than that week his clothes have been shit & his attitude is so fucking arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 436January 10, 2020 7:58 PM

I actually didn't hate Sergio's on a first glance. Very unusual. It was Palm Beach punk.

by Anonymousreply 437January 10, 2020 9:07 PM

Can I just say that Cyndi, who is older than Skagdonna, looks GREAT?

by Anonymousreply 438January 10, 2020 11:35 PM

Very unusual is a nice way of putting it r437.

It was an over designed mess, it was hard to figure out what you were even looking at.

by Anonymousreply 439January 10, 2020 11:41 PM

Nobody on Sergio's team designed anything that was particularly punk or pop, just odd, and not in an interesting way. I'd agree however, r424, that Shavi's look was cute, and it came closer than anyone else's on his team to meeting the parameters of the challenge—but since it was a good look on a losing team, it was of course not going to get much attention.

Sergio is ridiculous. Who cares whether his clients are "sophisticated" women over 40 (not that anyone meeting that description would want to wear the shit he designed for this challenge)? You're not designing for your usual clients at the moment, honey; you are competing on PR, the judges are your clients, and the challenges represent their wishes and guidelines for your looks. And, yeah, if they hate what you do, it's going to be your problem, not theirs, unless you don't care about doing well on the show, in which case, why are you there?

I am tired in general of those designers—Melanie among them—who carry on as though it's so unfair that they should have to participate in any challenges that don't perfectly suit their aesthetics and "who I am as a designer." Have you watched even one or two of the previous seasons? Did you know what you were trying out for? Then you should know you're going to be called upon to create things like streetwear, avant-garde looks, couture gowns, looks made from unconventional materials, and any number of other looks that might be outside of what you love and feel comfortable making. If you can't deal with that, perhaps PR is not for you.

by Anonymousreply 440January 11, 2020 1:11 AM

The editing made team chaos look.. chaotic! But they had a better grasp on the 80s. The kerchief skirt, etc.

Rarely say this but the other team was almost too cohesive. It really looked like a collection but it wasn't 80s or joyful or punk/pop enough. They picked the wrong print. It would be hard to experiment with that one. Black/white is 80s appropriate but they lost the fun or thrift store eccentricity that could have helped.

by Anonymousreply 441January 11, 2020 1:41 PM

[Quote]They picked the wrong print.

Yep, they lost the challenge at mood.

When Christian came in to do his walkthrough "Um wow, you guys really like those stripes...."

Said it all.

by Anonymousreply 442January 11, 2020 1:48 PM

The designs of Sergio's team were, for the most part, too polished, too generic, too bland. The designer who got eliminated, Melanie, came up with something that wasn't punk and that mesh thing was ridiculous.

Brittany was really giving off a bad vibe at Moods. Could not stand non-team player Delvin either. I feel sorry for Nancy getting sidelined by her own team, but then her whole creative process is so different from the others' creative process.

The 80s challenge could have been so fun, but imo both teams ruined it. Drab color schemes, poor texture choices, the drama on team chaos, the synergy on Sergio's team that completely killed the punk vibe, etc,

by Anonymousreply 443January 11, 2020 2:06 PM

Can I do the showstopper?

by Anonymousreply 444January 11, 2020 2:45 PM

I dont think either team fully nailed the 80s reference that well. Just a few pieces on either team.

by Anonymousreply 445January 11, 2020 2:45 PM

It was the Judges, excluding Cyndi Lauper. But alas, they are the Judges.

How can Brandon Maxwell dismiss Geoffrey's entry as "having seen it before?" You know what? I've seen it before too. I could probably go back and find you the 80's magazine that had a similar jumpsuit and hair treatment in some fashion advertisement. That's how well I remember it. That really speaks to the designer of that look and the photographer that captured it and made it so memorable. But, Brandon makes it a strike towards Geoffrey but fawns over the Russian gal that has been doing the same thing week after week! So what she executes brilliantly? She should! Because that's all she does! Geoffrey's design was brilliantly executed too! Lauper hit the nail on its head when she said that any woman could wear his design. I could see a woman in her 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and even 60s, wearing it--with different hair treatments, of course. That design was edgy enough to capture the feel of the 80s, yet reserved enough to allow any woman comfort in wearing it.

I feel the same way about Marquise's design. That beautifully tailored jacket was edgy but reserved enough that it would look great on any woman. Okay, there were problems with the short. But. Brittney's execution was far worse (IMHO) coming from someone who believes that they are an expert seamstress. How she made it into the highest is beyond me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446January 11, 2020 2:51 PM

Is Sergio really that bad at facing criticism or is he just using these moments to advertise himself to the old ladies watching PR? Every single time someone questions himand his designs he goes off about the woman he designs.

by Anonymousreply 447January 11, 2020 2:55 PM

[quote]or is he just using these moments to advertise himself to the old ladies watching PR?

Clearly he's just advertising to his women customers in the south. I can't see any woman in the northeast or west wearing his stuff.

The more I look at his entry the worse it gets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448January 11, 2020 2:59 PM

Sergio's typical customer and design.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449January 11, 2020 3:01 PM

R446, sometimes I get so annoyed with the team challenges because of this. I think that’s they’re often a mixed bag, but the judges go out of their way to rationalize their choice by praising unworthy outfits on the winning team and criticizing worthy outfits on the losing team.

by Anonymousreply 450January 11, 2020 3:03 PM

I really want Nancy to win a challenge not just for herself but to shut up all her bitchy naysayers.

by Anonymousreply 451January 11, 2020 3:43 PM

They definitely do seem to be bullying Nancy by ostracizing her. I feel bad about that. It reminds me of an old lady who was in my grad school program and she was a bit off and tried too hard to overcompensate for generational differences, but people acted like she wasn’t even there and it made me feel so sad for her. It reminded me of my middle and high school experiences.

by Anonymousreply 452January 11, 2020 4:29 PM

Brittany showed her true cuntitude during that last challenge. It could be Ageism with Nancy, or she feels threatened. Nancy has put out superior looks challenge after challenge. I'm another who is perplexed that Brtittany's ode to Pepto with a corset was in the top. Glad the judges noted her shoddy construction.

by Anonymousreply 453January 11, 2020 4:47 PM

I like how the designers no longer pretend to be into the team challenges. In the early PR days, they did.

Fuck Nancy's team. She has more motivation than all of them.

Sergio is a cunt of the highest order. But he stood by that piece of shit like he was a green fly. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 454January 11, 2020 10:03 PM

Why did these people keep going on about “punk” while creating looks for Cyndi Lauper? The Sex Pistols were punk. Cyndi Lauper was not punk.

by Anonymousreply 455January 12, 2020 1:59 AM

Because they haven't done any research into the history of fashion. They consider it unimportant, since they only know what's happening now.

by Anonymousreply 456January 12, 2020 2:06 AM

This new Bravo version of Project Runway is so much better than the Lifetime version. It's a breath of fresh air. Bravo put the focus back on fashion instead of product tie-ins, like designing outfits around flavors of Yoplait yogurt and Red Robin's bottomless fries. Lifetime's version had become a sad joke. And Heidi and Tim had been phoning it in for years.

If this week's episode had been on Lifetime, they challenge would have been designing an outfit to cover up Cyndi's psoriasis.

by Anonymousreply 457January 12, 2020 3:51 AM

[quote]Can I just say that Cyndi, who is older than Skagdonna, looks GREAT?

She does but she moves like she's 90. I was afraid she was going to fall over any time. And she sort of speaks like a milder version of Ozzy Osbourne. Did she have a stroke?

[quote]Why did these people keep going on about “punk” while creating looks for Cyndi Lauper? The Sex Pistols were punk. Cyndi Lauper was not punk.

Cyndi's clothes and especially her hair style and makeup were influenced by the punk movement. No one's claiming she was a true punk rocker herself although she did bring a milder version of that chaotic energy into the pop scene. Let's not forget the punk movement was partly created by Vivienne Westwood and Malcolm McLaren in their SEX clothing store. I had a mohawk myself when I was 15, and I wore a lot of black and chains and metal studs. That happened in the late 80s though but I grew up with Cyndi and the like and remember quite well what it was like.

Jesus Christ that Sergio is a piece of work. He was crying in the preview of next week so maybe he'll be able to redeem himself in some way. I sort of wished they'd thrown him out this week but there's no denying Melanie's was worse than his because it didn't show that much technique.

by Anonymousreply 458January 12, 2020 10:40 AM

But, the challenge wasn't to recreate the 80's. Their designs were to be inspired by the 80's. Also, I personally don't feel that the Sergio team was/is given enough credit for how well they worked together. Funny, that no one has given any opinion about how deeply Geoffrey was affected by this challenge. It really must have been hard for him growing up. I thought it was interesting to learn about Cyndi Lauper's fashion background too.

by Anonymousreply 459January 12, 2020 11:07 AM

[quote]Funny, that no one has given any opinion about how deeply Geoffrey was affected by this challenge.

Because Geoffrey is an emotional drama queen who we've watched be on the edge of a breakdown for several episodes already.

by Anonymousreply 460January 12, 2020 12:21 PM

And...

I was so glad they didn't focus on Geoffrey. Winning the challenge should be enoug.

by Anonymousreply 461January 12, 2020 12:31 PM

Why was Sergio crying in the preview? He was reacting to this observation from Nina:

"Sergio, your design this week is very reminiscent of that of another designer from an earlier season, Gretchen Jones."

by Anonymousreply 462January 12, 2020 1:51 PM

[quote] Cyndi's clothes and especially her hair style and makeup were influenced by the punk movement. No one's claiming she was a true punk rocker herself although she did bring a milder version of that chaotic energy into the pop scene. Let's not forget the punk movement was partly created by Vivienne Westwood and Malcolm McLaren in their SEX clothing store. I had a mohawk myself when I was 15, and I wore a lot of black and chains and metal studs. That happened in the late 80s though but I grew up with Cyndi and the like and remember quite well what it was like.

This. That's why through the show they said punk/pop. Cyndi had it all. plaids, dyed hair, etc. It's always funny when people hold up the Sex Pistol is the true punk because they were pure Fashion.

by Anonymousreply 463January 12, 2020 2:29 PM

Personally I considered Cyndi's style thrift store chic. Like, raiding your mom's, or grandmother's, closet and layering the clothes to make it garish and yet fun.

by Anonymousreply 464January 12, 2020 2:37 PM

[quote] Also, I personally don't feel that the Sergio team was/is given enough credit for how well they worked together.

Because it doesn't really matter how well you work together if you don't turn out good work.

by Anonymousreply 465January 12, 2020 5:04 PM

Working well together is expected. Not working well together is better TV.

by Anonymousreply 466January 12, 2020 6:08 PM

I am a pacifist, but when I saw how Sergio spoke to his team in this manipulative, condescending tone (which he thinks imakes him such a great team leader) I so wanted to punch him in the throat. I cheered every moment Sergio reacted to the other team receiving praises for their designs.

by Anonymousreply 467January 12, 2020 6:35 PM

Sergio clearly has problems reading a room because after his look walked he turned to someone behind him and smugly said "they love it!."

by Anonymousreply 468January 12, 2020 7:04 PM

I'd also argue that while Sergio's team were very pleasant to each other and didn't bicker and fight, they didn't really work THAT well together. Team members often seemed to be going against their better judgment or saying "yes" to a questionable idea without much thought, just to be good team players; e.g, Marquise and the white shorts. That's not really working well together, which would involve hashing out ideas until both the team and the individuals responsible for executing the ideas feel confident they're GOOD ideas.

by Anonymousreply 469January 12, 2020 7:04 PM

They thought this were good ideas! None of them had any clue, because - may guess- they were too young to really know about the 80s and punk fashion. Just look at Melanie with her minimalistic aesthetic. None of the other team members could really guide her, because they didn't have a clue themselves. I think what Sergio went for with the pins and tussles in the trousers was for some Vivienne Westwood design of her later years (where she designed fabulous 18th century gowns), way past her glorious punk era.

The show hinted that the contestants were able to do some research by looking at pictures of Cyndi style from back in the 80s, but Sergio and his team still came up with something neither 80s Cyndi nor 2020 Cyndi would wear.

by Anonymousreply 470January 12, 2020 7:15 PM

In the big picture, Sergio’s form of hubris is never rewarded. Ultimately, along with his mediocre talent, it will be his undoing.

Marquise, on the other hand, will learn that his middling talent will quickly be overshadowed by his likability, and go far in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 471January 12, 2020 7:29 PM

I'm loving this season. Why is it so much better than the first season?

by Anonymousreply 472January 12, 2020 7:31 PM

“In the big picture, Sergio’s form of hubris is never rewarded. Ultimately, along with his mediocre talent, it will be his undoing.“

Madonna and Kanye would beg to differ.

by Anonymousreply 473January 12, 2020 7:33 PM

R473, I would agree that Madonna and Kanye are mediocre now, but they certainly weren’t in their prime. Kanye especially made some seminal albums at his peak.

by Anonymousreply 474January 12, 2020 7:39 PM

R474 What was brilliant about his albums? All his lyrics I’ve heard do not stand up to the hype. What is it about his music that people regard as brilliant?

by Anonymousreply 475January 12, 2020 7:41 PM

R475, just because you don’t like him doesn’t mean he hasn’t been critically lauded for his work, and sold millions of albums. You’re really in a minority there. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Is considered among the best albums of all time. You’re entitled to your opinion of not liking him, but you can’t deny that his work at his peak is considered among the greats.

by Anonymousreply 476January 12, 2020 7:45 PM

[quote]You’re entitled to your opinion of not liking him, but you can’t deny that his work at his peak is considered among the greats.

I don't think r475 was trying to deny that, just asking WHY it's "considered among the greats."

by Anonymousreply 477January 12, 2020 8:06 PM

Careening off topic!

by Anonymousreply 478January 12, 2020 8:09 PM

And people can't deny that Billy Porter wearing a design by Sergio was a peak moment for Sergio. Does that excuse Sergio's diva attitude? I don't think so. So, keep your Kanye and your Madonna comparison out of a Project Runway thread, please.

by Anonymousreply 479January 12, 2020 8:46 PM

[quote] Sergio clearly has problems reading a room because after his look walked he turned to someone behind him and smugly said "they love it!."

To be fair reality shows are notorious for editing together clips and audio from different situations to create a new one that didn't exist. Sergio is an egotistical asshole but it's very well possible he was reacting to someone else's dress. He's been getting the villain edit a lot this season.

by Anonymousreply 480January 12, 2020 11:04 PM

[quote]And people can't deny that Billy Porter wearing a design by Sergio was a peak moment for Sergio. Does that excuse Sergio's diva attitude? I don't think so.

Porter is so overdone now. Yep! The tuxedo ball gown and the Met costumes were a hit but it's enough. Maybe he should do something novel and wear a suit?

by Anonymousreply 481January 12, 2020 11:17 PM

The tuxedo ballgown was by Christian Siriano

by Anonymousreply 482January 13, 2020 12:14 AM

Sergio’s gown for Porter was a rip off of Siriano”s earlier design.

by Anonymousreply 483January 13, 2020 4:47 AM

I agree, R483.

by Anonymousreply 484January 15, 2020 8:03 AM

Social justice and sustainability at Men's Fashion Week in London

Gender fluidity, social justice and sustainability were all recurring themes at this season's London Fashion Week Men's. Several designers not only presented their sartorial vision, they used the catwalk to share political and social views as well.

We went backstage to speak with three such labels, Art School, Bethany Williams, and Priya Ahluwalia, who are all using their skills to make collections that aren't just surface deep. Tom Barratt, one half of London-based Art School (with Eden Loweth) called the label a "queer luxury brand" that is "non-binary at heart."

"Fashion has always been seen as lesser than art in culture but actually fashion is everything we do," Barratt said before the catwalk show for their new collection, Fearless Love. "Everyone wears clothes, everyone has bodies... and everyone has to live in a world dictated by fashion. That's why it's such a crucial political tool. You can't be apolitical."

Bethany Williams, who last year was awarded the Queen Elizabeth II award for British design, used her show to bring attention to the issues faced by women and children living in temporary accommodation in the London borough of Newham.

From sourcing to production to delivery, each step in the process of creating her collections is an opportunity for Williams to work with organizations fighting for social change. This time around these included the Manx Workshop for the disabled, the Quaker Mobile Library and Wool and the Gang's recycled wool program.

"Fashion has an ability to amplify ideas to a large audience," Williams said. Adding that she likes to steer clear of seasonality and trends because "it's not a very sustainable way of thinking."

Up-and-comer Priya Ahluwalia, whose 1970s-inspired collection featured all repurposed or recycled materials, told us she is determined to find new ways to be a designer that don't rely on environmentally or socially damaging practices.

"I'm trying to show you can make beautiful clothes but from better manufacturing processes," she said. "It can be a limitation to your design process because certain things will be available, certain things won't but then it pushes your creativity -- you've got to work with something you didn't think you were going to have to."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485January 15, 2020 7:50 PM

Sergio is an insufferable cunt. I hope he loses.

by Anonymousreply 486January 17, 2020 1:52 AM

A lot of designers looked to be struggling, curious to see if this runway is going to be pretty sad.

by Anonymousreply 487January 17, 2020 1:54 AM

Oh, shi...CRAP! I forgot that this was on tonight. I was caught up with Rachel Maddow! DAMN!

by Anonymousreply 488January 17, 2020 1:57 AM

Sergio's hail mary crying jag isn't gonna save him.

by Anonymousreply 489January 17, 2020 2:14 AM

Sergio, who seems soooo full of himself, has no taste...

by Anonymousreply 490January 17, 2020 2:14 AM

Victoria can do no wrong in the eyes of the judges.

I can't with Sergio's crying about his story on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 491January 17, 2020 2:17 AM

Sergio deserved to be deported for that garment.

by Anonymousreply 492January 17, 2020 2:24 AM

Well, that was a lovely thing Shavi said... “if it wasn’t up to my standards, it wasn’t up to yours.” I wish Christian had saved him.

by Anonymousreply 493January 17, 2020 2:30 AM

So now 'Mr. I only design for upper class older women ' is now a political fashion design activist?

That Moldovan nightmare was AWFUL, how was that almost the winner??

by Anonymousreply 494January 17, 2020 2:31 AM

[quote]That Moldovan nightmare was AWFUL, how was that almost the winner??

BUT, I loved her yellow dress that she was wearing!

by Anonymousreply 495January 17, 2020 2:34 AM

Brittany or even Marquise were more deserving of the top there spot than Victoria.

by Anonymousreply 496January 17, 2020 2:40 AM

K Kloss on WWHL stated she was a Democrat, voted Dem in 2016 and will do the same in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 497January 17, 2020 2:46 AM

The three looks that I thought should have been in the top were just safe. I don't know what the judges were thinking. Brittany, Nancy, and Marquise all had better looks than the 3 who were in the tip. Dae Young's dress was a plain silk skirt with a patterned draped top. Who cares? Victoria didn't pay attention to the challenge! Chelsea's jacket was cool, but it thrown on over an ugly yellow dress. I'm mystified.

by Anonymousreply 498January 17, 2020 3:33 AM

Sergio didn't even create that piece of crap. He had all the models working on it. "For the kids!" He should have been called on that. They must be keeping him because his insufferable arrogance keeps people talking about the show. His dress looked like something an eight year old would make using a Simplicity pattern from 1948.

by Anonymousreply 499January 17, 2020 3:43 AM

Fans and the other designers think Victoria gets a pass each week. Maybe. But the bitch knows how to sew. That pant was perfect.

by Anonymousreply 500January 17, 2020 3:46 AM

Did anyone else think of ghost after seeing Delvin’s look?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501January 17, 2020 3:58 AM

That guest designer judge was HAWT!!

by Anonymousreply 502January 17, 2020 4:03 AM

That was Fernando Garcia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503January 17, 2020 4:10 AM

Delvin dodged a bullet. I just knew he was getting the "going home" edit.

by Anonymousreply 504January 17, 2020 4:15 AM

I loved the guest judge. I wish we could keep him.

by Anonymousreply 505January 17, 2020 4:17 AM

Now we gotta watch Sergio for another week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506January 17, 2020 4:21 AM

Fernando Garcia's fashion background:

Just two years after founding critically acclaimed Monse, Laura Kim and Fernando Garcia took the helm at Oscar de la Renta , the house where both designers began their careers in fashion.

Garcia studied architecture at the University of Notre Dame; after graduating, he moved to New York to intern at Oscar de la Renta. He quickly climbed the ranks, earning the title of senior designer within six years. Kim graduated with a BFA from Pratt in 2004, and had worked at the New York-based house from 2003, eventually serving as design director.

In 2016 the pair were nominated for a CFDA Swarovski award in the womenswear category.

by Anonymousreply 507January 17, 2020 4:22 AM

Sergio thought that his tears and Mexican borrder story would sway the sympathy of the judges. Unfortunately for him, he had two judges named Garcia who didn't fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 508January 17, 2020 4:25 AM

Sergio not a favorite with viewers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509January 17, 2020 5:01 AM

Posted online:

Such a beautiful way to honor those dead children: by leaving their names to the last minute and not doing it yourself because other parts of the dress were more important.

by Anonymousreply 510January 17, 2020 5:05 AM

I don’t recall anybody refusing to show Tim their work during mentoring rounds.

by Anonymousreply 511January 17, 2020 5:34 AM

Project Runway Season 18 Episode 6 complete

Thank God!, for the content stealers.

In the process of watching it now. I love how the show surprised all of the contestants by allowing them to SKYPE/FaceTime with their mothers and fathers, etc. My ONE and ONLY issue with that segment (and, I believe that some producer knew what they were doing) was Delvin's sense of joy when he discovers that he is "Latino" and not Black. Uh-huh.....

I luv how these gurlz are more girl than the girls! Shavi; "You're going to make my mascara run..." BOY! You ain't have on no mascara! Then you have the queens like Geoffrey doing pull ups! And, doesn't Marquise have a fine ass which was just accentuated more by those pants he wire to the fabric shop????

Back to watch more!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512January 17, 2020 9:37 AM

So, what is this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513January 17, 2020 10:45 AM

Shavi comes across as a really nice guy.

Were there ever any rumors about Oscar De La Renta?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514January 17, 2020 11:49 AM

Karlie Kloss on WWHL about the whole " Dinner with the Kushners" situation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515January 17, 2020 12:00 PM

Delvin is black Latino, R512.

by Anonymousreply 516January 17, 2020 12:04 PM

^Oh, please....

by Anonymousreply 517January 17, 2020 12:19 PM

Once again Nancy was just deemed "safe". I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 518January 17, 2020 1:06 PM

Okay, after watching the whole show it makes sense to me why Shavi was eliminated. To me, the Judges were disappointed because of his lack of creativeness and originality. It was Shavi's terrible execution that saved Sergio. As for Sergio, what was that monstrosity that walked down the runway? Ya know... if there is such a thing as a Doctorates of Fashion I would think that an excellent dissertation would be an analysis of USA regional fashion--how one region came to dress the way it does versus another. I mean... Brittany designs/styles are not that far away from those of Sergio.

I liked Dayoung's entry. It reminded of Kimono. It was well done. But, Chelsea was indeed the winner. Her entry was fresh and innovative. I could easily envision women wearing a coat (dress) like that to a Home Coming weekend, etc.

WHO is this Fernando Garcia-who spent all of that money at Notre Dame to become a fashion designer... He's HOT!

by Anonymousreply 519January 17, 2020 1:15 PM

I need to be deep inside the guest judge.

by Anonymousreply 520January 18, 2020 12:11 AM

Live stream, for those who need it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521January 24, 2020 12:22 AM

I'm glad Sergio was safe just so we didn't have to deal with him running his mouth on the runway again.

by Anonymousreply 522January 24, 2020 2:08 AM

Ya know... that was probably the first submission from Sergio that I really liked.

by Anonymousreply 523January 24, 2020 2:14 AM

Flood my basement just makes me think of when Ginger said it on Rupaul's Drag Race. Don't act like you aren't familiar with that saying Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 524January 24, 2020 2:16 AM

Wow! I'm shocked that the judges were so tough on Nancy. But, I loved her wrap (and Ashley's too) that she wore at the beginning of the show.

by Anonymousreply 525January 24, 2020 2:24 AM

"Another bandage cut out top and you didn't recognize it?"

That throwaway line from Brandon is the only comment we have gotten from the judges about her repeating silhouette, there has been no real critique on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 526January 24, 2020 2:24 AM

The proportions on Nancy's coat were laughable r525. Christian tried to tell her and she didn't listen. Christian's batting average with the judges opinion has been pretty damn good.

by Anonymousreply 527January 24, 2020 2:34 AM

^Right, R526? So, it's not like it wasn't noticed that the Russian gal does the same thing every week! This was an easy but at the same time hard decision. I feel bad for both Shavi & Marquise. Both of them presented some really cute and very creative designs during their period on the show. But, when you mess up on construction... you mess up.

by Anonymousreply 528January 24, 2020 2:35 AM

So next week there is more drama with Dayoung being sick from exhaustion.

It's tough thing to do. Constant challenges, not a lot of sleep. But all your competitors are managing to power through.

by Anonymousreply 529January 24, 2020 2:50 AM

So... How should I have ever heard of or known about this Ashley Longshore? I've never heard about her until tonight. But, I didn't know about the cute Oscar De La Renta designer until last week either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530January 24, 2020 3:08 AM

I feel bad for Marquise but I understand why he was sent home. However, they were way too easy on Victoria.

by Anonymousreply 531January 24, 2020 6:47 AM

What Did Christian Siriano Really Think of Those Dildo Pants? | PRW After Show (S18 Ep7)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532January 24, 2020 10:58 AM

It's missing about the first 2-3 minutes

Project Runway S18E07 - Ashley Longshore (January 23, 2020)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533January 24, 2020 11:39 AM

The look of confusion on Sergio's face at not being in the top was everything. Victoria showed herself to be a diva drama queen with all her moaning and bitching about working with prints. This is a show that asks you to work with trash, shower curtains and pipe cleaners, so deal with it, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 534January 24, 2020 12:25 PM

Victoria was being such a little bitch. Her print was actually one of the easiest to work with IMO because the pinstripes were as equally representative as the floral.

by Anonymousreply 535January 24, 2020 2:41 PM

Victoria is one of those kids who picks up her toys and runs away if she doesn't get what she wants. I actually liked her until last night.

by Anonymousreply 536January 24, 2020 8:46 PM

She might have won but I did not like it. Although I did like the 3D butterflies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537January 24, 2020 8:58 PM

I liked Victoria for weeks, but the last two weeks soured me on her. Bye, bitch.

Speaking of bitches, there’s Sergio. What a nightmare. I need to see him humiliated by the judges and every designer.

by Anonymousreply 538January 26, 2020 6:02 AM

I don't understand why the judges haven't called Sergio out for being a complete asshole to the judges multiple times. In the past if someone made comments similar to what he did during the Cyndi Lauper challenge, they would have received a dressing down from the judges.

by Anonymousreply 539January 26, 2020 6:39 AM

He's good tv.

by Anonymousreply 540January 26, 2020 1:36 PM

Why this PR will not be as good as the original.... no Michael Kors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541January 26, 2020 1:40 PM

And the classic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542January 26, 2020 1:41 PM

[quote]I need to see him humiliated by the judges and every designer.

The judges have told him how his designs suck a couple times now, it doesn't matter, Sergio doesn't listen to any criticism.

by Anonymousreply 543January 26, 2020 1:56 PM

[quote]I need to see him humiliated by the judges and every designer.

The judges have told him how his designs suck a couple times now, it doesn't matter, Sergio doesn't listen to any criticism.

by Anonymousreply 544January 26, 2020 1:56 PM

It's on!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545January 31, 2020 1:11 AM

Well, that sucked but it actually made sense to me. That Russian gal was able to do something passable in a matter of 2-3 hours whereas Chelsea had a lot more time.

I'm surprised (and it looked like she was too) that Brittany didn't win. That was probably the best look (maybe there was one other) that I really liked.

But, some of these designers are far too fragile for this competition. Dayong, Geoffrey, the Russian gal... too much.

by Anonymousreply 546January 31, 2020 2:37 AM

Ugh. So disappointed.

Victoria was a Grade A spoiled bitch today. I loved the guest judge . She knew nothing about Victoria and immediately called her out on her lack of humility. Victoria deserved to go home for her attitude alone and the fact that her dress had nothing sheer.

Sergio and Nancy's dresses were spectacular. I was really disappointed by the catty sanctimonious comments Brittany and Mr Givency Wanna Be had to say.

Davanng (sp?) needs to have a full physical work up done. Nobody passes out, falls out, etc.. as often as she does unless there is a medical cause. I'm glad she chose to remove herself from the competition. Her health needs addressing.

by Anonymousreply 547January 31, 2020 2:43 AM

[quote]Well, that sucked but it actually made sense to me. That Russian gal was able to do something passable in a matter of 2-3 hours whereas Chelsea had a lot more time.

There isn't a chance in hell the judges would have sent Victoria home over Chelsea. I mean the judges love what Victoria does, they want her to win this thing, but Victoria herself is standing in the way of that.

by Anonymousreply 548January 31, 2020 2:44 AM

[quote]I was really disappointed by the catty sanctimonious comments Brittany and Mr Givency Wanna Be had to say.

I mean both of them have been consistently bitchy all season, the two of them together and you are just gonna get full tilt mean girl. Not gonna lie, I'd want to grab a glass of wine and talk shit with them.

by Anonymousreply 549January 31, 2020 2:47 AM

[quote] Mr Givency Wanna Be had to say.

I really did not like his look. I loved the skirt but was looking for some type of jacket or something else as a top.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550January 31, 2020 2:53 AM

Sergio's dress reminded me of Morticia Addams for some reason. It was only when the model did a twirl did I like it. In my opinion, Marquise's dress made the model come across as old and matronly. Nancy's dress was nice. She seems to have been the only one that gave the client what they wanted. I thought the Judges were too harsh on Geoffrey's outfit. I liked it. But, it was the model who rocked it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551January 31, 2020 2:57 AM

Who Does Christian Siriano Think Will Win Season 18 of Project Runway? | PRW After Show (S18 Ep8)

Chelsea never really had a personality that stood out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552January 31, 2020 3:30 AM

Victoria is a stuck up bitch. Humility? None. She thinks she knows everything until she says “I don’t know what sheer is.” Then she’s to.d what it is over and over and STILL acts confused. Liar. Siriano gave her many pieces of advice, and she rejected all of them. They kept her on the show because she’s a drama queen.

I like Marquise, but to put him on top? That thing was awful.

Nancy and Sergio were clearly the best, but I really wanted Nancy to win. For one thing, Sergio is obnoxious and arrogant, but Nancy has been a genuine surprise, coming up with stylish garments that look today even though she’s older.

by Anonymousreply 553January 31, 2020 5:22 AM

DL is falling down on the job. Not a single comment that Sebastian returns next week? DL sure was thirsty for him a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 554January 31, 2020 5:28 AM

Project Runway Ep8: Sheer Genius |[FULL] Ep8: Sheer Genius (January 30, 2020)

It may or mat not work. YouTube is starting to clamp down on copyrighted content.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555January 31, 2020 8:17 PM

I'm excited Sebastian is coming back, but what is he coming back as? I hope they give him a fashion clip so we can see what he's been up to lately. Wasn't he was going to quit once too? I thought Victoria deserved to go home. Girl, look around you. This is the chance of a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 556January 31, 2020 11:58 PM

I felt sorry for the fat model being selected last.

by Anonymousreply 557February 1, 2020 12:01 AM

[quote]I felt sorry for the fat model being selected last.

I'm sure she's used to it. But, I applaud these larger women. They're living their dreams.

by Anonymousreply 558February 1, 2020 12:19 AM

[quote]Victoria is a stuck up bitch. Humility?

She can't do anything more than variations of the one dress that she knows how to pattern, cut, and sew. In some ways this is good from a competition aspect. She can whip that dress out in minutes! But, her meltdown was too much!

It was a one day challenge. After spending about a half hour with Dayong the group spent at least another half hour to forty-five minutes with the Russian gal? I would not have done it. You want to quit? Then quit! I don't have time, (and, in my case the patience), to soothe you. RIDICULOUS!

[quote] Girl, look around you. This is the chance of a lifetime.

EXACTLY!

[quote]I like Marquise, but to put him on top? That thing was awful.

Yep.

[quote]Sergio is obnoxious and arrogant,

She needs to be told that her aesthetics works no where else except in Loredo TX. If she ever becomes known in Dallas TX then she should be very happy.

by Anonymousreply 559February 1, 2020 12:39 AM

Nuh-Uh....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560February 1, 2020 12:44 AM

I really liked Geoffrey's design. Maybe it's because Thijin rocked the hell out of it! Which reminds me that I wish they would do some type of story about how the models makes their PR appearances work for them. I wish the heavy girl (Kate) from last season would have been used. But, I love how they brought Thijin and Asia back. DeeDee is really good too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561February 1, 2020 1:22 AM

I felt so bad that Nancy overheard those cunts talking smack about her. She is such a fun and likable woman yet they want to tear her down because of her age.

I'm glad that the judges raked Sergio over the coals about his look being a complete copy of the Celine Dion tux. Three cheers for Elaine telling him the show is not about his political messaging but about his design.

Loved that Marquise won.

by Anonymousreply 562February 7, 2020 12:27 PM

[quote]I felt so bad that Nancy overheard those cunts talking smack about her. She is such a fun and likable woman yet they want to tear her down because of her age.

I just love Nancy's spirit and attitude. Anyone can see that she feels that she is so blessed to just be a part of this show and that there is nothing that will bring her down. This is someone that many of us can learn from. She's done what was "expected" of her. The marriage; the children; corporate America; etc and now she's tapped into something that for her and the she loves. I say, GOOD FOR HER!

NANCY’S STORY

At age 59 and the peak of a successful career in education, Nancy found herself at a crossroads. “I felt like my oxygen was being siphoned off when I was at work...and that is when I knew I needed to make a change.” One sleepless night, she asked herself: “What would I want to learn if I was young again?”

Her surprising answer? Fashion design. Fortunately for the fashion world, Nancy's vision, grit, and tenacity put her on a one-way path to realize her dreams.

Always pragmatic, Nancy's first instinct was to find the quickest way to reach her goal until her husband intervened. He posited: “I thought you were doing this for the love of learning; so why would you want to rush it?

She found the ideal learning experience right in her backyard – a masters of science in fashion design at Drexel University's Westphal College of Media Arts and Design. It was there that Nancy finally found her home and an outlet for her creative calling.

In the three short years since graduating at the top of her class at age 61 with a record number of awards, Nancy is making her place in the fashion world and 2019 is proving to be a banner year. Her red carpet look at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards for Philadelphia Grammy Nominee Rapper Tierra Whack went viral and was one of three looks to be featured in the New York Times. In March, Philly Fashion Week invited Nancy to be a featured designer. In August, Philadelphia Magazine named Nancy as “Best in Philly Fashion Designer for Artsy Dresses” in their annual “Best In Philly” awards. She is ending the year by making history at age 64 as the "oldest" designer ever to be a contestant on Bravo’s Season 18 Project Runway.

Nancy’s personal goal is to inspire others to dare to hope, persevere and dream, regardless of age.

GIVING BACK Part of Nancy’s mission is to give back to her community. She has found some of her most rewarding work in teaching refugee women sewing skills as a volunteer with Mural Arts Philadelphia, designing for local charitable events, as well as publishing stories of inspiring older women on Agefiftynine.com. Nancy’s design work has also supported organizations such as “Runway of Dreams” which promotes adaptive designing, Women Organized Against Rape, the Salvation Army, Julius Erving Classic, Flyers Charities, and many more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563February 7, 2020 12:57 PM

It was the "sheer" challenge. What was sheer about Victoria's outfit? She should have lost, since she did not fulfill the challenge.

by Anonymousreply 564February 7, 2020 2:07 PM

I wish I could get this right. Or, I wish we could all just concentrate, comment, and fill one thread. I have been posting over here;

Project Runway on Bravo - Part 4

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565February 7, 2020 2:37 PM

R565 has been asleep for a year.

by Anonymousreply 566February 7, 2020 3:00 PM

BTW; Taurean Everett (the Black model) is an actor, a personal trainer, and one of the family too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567February 7, 2020 4:32 PM

I love this jacket!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568February 7, 2020 5:10 PM

Oh! Delvin has started a YouTube channel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569February 7, 2020 8:35 PM

I was confused why this thread was so slow but apparently everyone moved over here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570February 8, 2020 12:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!