Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Closeted Gay Actor Sam Heughan Part 4

Carry on.

[quote]"With Heughan, we've seen his friends go dark on SM, we've seen him engage in laughably fake relationships with his co-star, friends and beards, we've seen him intimidated into babbling like a deer in the headlights when doing press (with his publicist babysitting him ) and basically driven into the Sunken Place of gay shame."

[quote]March 24 2019. "A friend who works at the hotel in Memphis where the glam people stay, told me he was staying there the night before but was under "deep cover". Only had room service, didn't come to the bar, never was seen checking in or out. Had a suite on the 7th floor with another guy who handle everything."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600September 13, 2019 10:32 PM

R1= The homophobic/SpazPurvMuso/Larry/Charmie/Tinhats resident troll who can't stop obsessing over these threads, lol

Link to the previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2019 2:56 AM

The old threads are still up in the Datalounge archive, although certain shills and homophobic trolls have spent years trying to derail and close down these discussions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2019 3:00 AM

I wonder if occurred to anyone that the picture with the blonde, if it’s even Sam (I’m not so sure), could be his blonde assistant that goes almost everywhere with him? Just a thought. And sadly, dear PR Oracle (adore you by the way) is still divided with shippers shipping, antis being antis and everyone else. Lol

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2019 4:59 AM

Yes, the samcait stans are still shipping, the homophobic antis are dying to link Sam with any woman who walks next to him.......Can you see how easy is to fabricate a new PR narrative, a fake 'girlfriend' for a gay actor?

From the previous thread.

[quote]The big question is — how are these photos going viral on social media? Who is dropping them, and why are there never, ever, ever, photos of Sam with his guy friends at a bar? Why is he always seen with a woman? But most importantly, WHY DOES NO ONE EVER CARE WHERE THESE PHOTOS ORIGINATED? To find out the origins is often to find out the intent.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2019 5:30 AM

I don’t think anyone is very interested in Heughan anymore except the posters on this eternal thread.

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2019 5:37 AM

r4. Kudos. Sending love.

And of course very interesting that self-styled keeper of Sam's hetero virginity, the basement guys minion is still on duty. Considering worlds time zones, someone is really suffering from sleeplesness.

Which, by the way, will not help straightwashing gay actor Sam Heughan.

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2019 5:50 AM

R6 The previous thread has had +53,500 views.

The most watched thread in DL so I guess that many people are very interested in Gay Sam Heughan and his closeting. It's PR 101.

Shills, homophobic trolls and Outlander stans can't leave us alone and are always insulting -see R1- and trying to derail and close these discussions so we must be doing something right ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2019 5:56 AM

He wants to look hetero but doesn't seem to be too much into hardcore bearding. According to purv the lady in the pic is Danielle Kling. Could be, don'know. Someone from Hawai. I think Sam is counting on the fact that a walk around town with an aquaintance will make him look hetero. Wake up Sam. Hope you read here sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2019 2:03 PM

I’m not here to convince anyone that Heughan is gay. I’m just here to comment on his closeting and how easy it is to see through all the PR BS and hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2019 5:51 PM

[quote]"With Heughan, we've seen his boyfriends go dark on SM"

[quote] "why are there never, ever, ever, photos of Sam with his guy friends at a bar?"

From the good old times, when Sam was in the glass closet and his PR Jennifer Allen hadn't put him into a box yet.

When Sam could bring Luke Neal everywhere: from trips around the world, to parties, Outlander events....When the PR fuckery started, Luke Neal had to disappear from Sam's side and close his SM.

Sam has never looked happier....and hotter:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2019 7:25 PM

And there's Luke in the background who has since deactivated his SM as have other male friends of Heughan's who we've seen either close their accounts, go private, stop interacting with him on SM or have had their posts scrubbed from his accounts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 18, 2019 11:47 PM

R12 And it's not just that Sam's boyfriends have had to close their accounts or going private.

Sam uses to like many of Matt Neal ( Luke's brother) posts in IG. On Luke's birthday (March 16), Matt Neal posted this comment (remarking that his brother Luke isn't in SM) but Sam didn't even dare to like it ((:

The Closet must be a very sad place to stay....

mattnealavb My brother isn’t on social media so for his birthday I’m posting the most bumpkin picture I can find. Happy birthday Iillbruv. X 9w

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2019 12:08 AM

Sound familiar, Rapelander fans?

[quote]So here we have a gay man, playing a straight man, pretending to be a gay man—it’s like a meta queer turducken.

Although Heughan didn't exactly pretend to be a gay man, the way that Wentworth rape scene was shot, it came across as more sensual and romantic than Jamie's wedding night. How fucked up is Hollywood?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2019 1:32 AM

New gal, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2019 1:54 PM

I'm getting a distinctly lesbionic vibe...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2019 2:05 PM

New beard, apparently -fixed it for you. R15

She lives and works at the other side of the world. How convenient.....xd

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2019 4:53 PM

R16 probably friends with Lauren and Marina. R17 let’s hope no other beard. Be real Sam ffs

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2019 6:37 PM

Out and proud Emmy, Grammy and youngest Tony award winner, Ben Platt, talks about how Hollywood is still living in the past...

[quote]...particularly as an actor, there’s a lot of stigma surrounding what you’re castable as when you’re out of the closet, and sort of what characters you can play and how people will view you going forward.

[quote]INTERVIEWER: Do you think gay actors and musicians are asked to keep their sexuality quiet when promoting projects and has that ever happened to you?

[quote]I’m sure that’s something people encounter. I know that’s definitely not something we’ve moved forward from in general. I have been really lucky personally to work pretty much only in environments where it was incredibly accepting and open — and, I mean, I grew up in the theater where everyone is gay, so it was never an issue [laughs]. And I don’t necessarily think that an actor’s private life, regardless of their sexuality or any of that, is pertinent when you’re playing a different character.

[quote]But I do maybe think there is pressure to present a certain accepted form of masculinity, or to feel like you can still fit into certain boxes so you don’t limit yourself. I’m hopeful that is slowly fading away and that everybody can just accept that actors are chameleons and we can play who we can play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2019 7:02 PM

It’s official, Sam has a girlfriend because some random fan said so after she got her picture with him. It was also announced in the largest OL fan group. So totally legit.

by Anonymousreply 20May 20, 2019 12:53 AM

Yikes, here we go again......

by Anonymousreply 21May 20, 2019 1:50 AM

We've seen this PR fuckery before, right?

The usual suspects, DMs, the same BS.......Mauzy 2.0.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 20, 2019 1:52 AM

Indeed. Purv is still on the payroll apparently

by Anonymousreply 23May 20, 2019 2:15 AM

R8 Please, die. Please, just die

by Anonymousreply 24May 20, 2019 2:17 AM

r16 Which may explain why JA picked her ….

But can someone also explain to me what it is with Sam and all these women in thongs and their ass-first IG posts? Can it be because, let's say, their faces are not their best sides? The last one was cross-eyed, for cripes sake; and it looks like things are going downhill, which I wouldn't have thought possible.

by Anonymousreply 25May 20, 2019 2:45 AM

Fit bimbos are supposed to be his “type”. Blonde “sexy “ too young women.

by Anonymousreply 26May 20, 2019 5:03 AM

His stans are really homophobic and and it's obvious that they think that it's better seeing him with those trashy fake gfs than him being gay.

Cait has just been spotted with her fiancé , so no more samcait fauxmance. Meanwhile, Sam is looking gayer and gayer and gayer -and since he has spent more than a year without a 'girlfriend'- , hence these 'emergency' sightings, the name dropping, the DMs, the same PR fuckery pushed by the usual suspects....

Exactly the same that happened with MM after Sam paraded Luke Neal in trips, parties and Outlander events in 2016.

Who can really believe that this man is straight? LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 20, 2019 5:23 AM

[quote]Sam is looking gayer and gayer and gayer.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 20, 2019 5:30 AM

[quote]She lives and works at the other side of the world. How convenient.....xd

R17 lol Hawaii. How many more tunas have to die to keep Heughan in beards?

Meanwhile, his cultists don't think there's anything odd about the fact that in all these years he hasn't found a single girlfriend in the entire population of Scotland or the UK where he lives and works?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 20, 2019 5:57 AM

Sam is a monk, Jamie only loves Claire. Honestly, it's kind of pathetic. He can keep his boyfriend and private life private, I respect that but the fuckery the past few years.....simply doens't look genuine when you're all about a safe MPC community where everyone can share everything and charity.

by Anonymousreply 30May 20, 2019 11:34 AM

[quote]But can someone also explain to me what it is with Sam all these women in thongs and their ass-first IG posts?

R25 Good observation. Their IGs are very professionally staged and whoever’s photographing them has the same visual style. Let’s call it “asses in nature.” Maybe they’re using the same SM marketing firm that JA mines for beards.

by Anonymousreply 31May 20, 2019 3:39 PM

r31. This is a very good question indeed.

Something no one asked over all those years and threads.

To make it short: Cause he is fucking gay. And for him this beards are replacable. He is not into women, so where should his sense come from to value them. Those chicks mean nothing to him in a sexual contest. Nore than as a close friend. They are business, like his driver (who is btw also a questionable character, but the keeper of his gay life).

Always think about, how you would act yourself with all your troubles to make yourself looking good in your business, multiple it by 10, and it will be may close to that, Gay actor Sam Heughan is feeling.

by Anonymousreply 32May 20, 2019 7:34 PM

r31. Forgot to add.

Because some overpaid and underintelligent very young PR-chicks think, who never read the memo about their target group, that gay actor Sam Heughan triggers new, younger fan groups for his upcoming C List movies.

Jennifer Allen Viewpoint moved on in selling gay actor Sam Heughan to a wider target group long ago. Probably from the first minute, ehe was hired.

My prediction: The Marvel franchise gig was probably a good thing for his bank account, but will not bring fame.

The other one, funny that you do not hear anything about this production, will go also straight to DVD as the insane spy movie.

by Anonymousreply 33May 20, 2019 7:50 PM

R20

And now the random fan who took a pic with Sam is backtracking in IG and her FB:

"Yes I assumed, and I honestly don't understand why on earth that matters"

"I do not think for one moment that Sam would give one iota of a shit that I mistook his friend as his girlfriend."

Maybe she was sent DMs stating that Sam is gay.....xd

by Anonymousreply 34May 20, 2019 8:33 PM

Before her account went private she agreed with one woman who commented Sam had boyfriends before Outlander and she hoped he had a boyfriend in his real life. But today her IG is private so I can’t see the fallout. I bet it got interesting which is why she’s shut down.

by Anonymousreply 35May 20, 2019 8:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 21, 2019 1:07 AM

[quote]Before her account went private she agreed with one woman who commented Sam had boyfriends before Outlander and she hoped he had a boyfriend in his real life. But today her IG is private so I can’t see the fallout. I bet it got interesting which is why she’s shut down.

Really interesting.........;)

by Anonymousreply 37May 21, 2019 2:22 AM

R35 the chick in the green dress who said Sam was with his gf agreed with a woman that he had boyfriends....now her IG is private?? Really? None of that is suspicious at all.

by Anonymousreply 38May 21, 2019 3:06 AM

It's not just that I suck at public relations. It's that I suck at public relations AND I don't give a rat's ass about my gay clients.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 21, 2019 3:27 AM

It was very interesting. There were many asking who he was with and questioning her response, one saying his girlfriend is in Scotland with another answering “ you know his GF’s aren’t real” and another saying “ you meant to say he has girls that are his friends” and the one that commented he had boyfriends before Outlander and she hopes he has one now in his private life. The green dress lady actually liked that comment. I’d say it went down hill from there! Would have become very interesting because most women don’t want to read that!

by Anonymousreply 40May 21, 2019 4:32 AM

She has now even changed her user name to something else. Talk about a storm in a teacup!

by Anonymousreply 41May 21, 2019 4:34 AM

R32 R33 You said it right. What's up with his driver though?

Sam's latest IG pic is of course Audi PR wonder who took the pic, it simply can't be possible that no one ever sees him with his bf

R41 I wonder why all these people keep shrubbing their SM for Sam.

Aren't there any rumours about his obvious gayness within the MPC community I wonder

by Anonymousreply 42May 21, 2019 7:36 AM

They are not going private for Sam as much as going private for themselves. All the crazies descend on their site. The shippers and lunatics all come out to play whenever there is a new fan pic.

by Anonymousreply 43May 21, 2019 7:53 AM

that's very extreme, but it has been said before that the OL fandom is an insane cult

by Anonymousreply 44May 21, 2019 10:07 AM

[R42] he is being seen with his boyfriend it’s just that the BF blends in. It was discussed a couple of threads ago. One of the boys. You’d see them together without realising. The Bf has to to be around. Sam is too happy lately for there not be someone special.

by Anonymousreply 45May 21, 2019 12:58 PM

[quote]The Bf has to to be around.

Yep. Sam shares his hotel suites with him and he is the one who 'handles everything' but the 'lucky fans' who met Sam never mention him.

Either they refuse to talk about who is Sam with -that's suspicious- or like it has happened with the green dress woman, -see R35 R38 R40 posts- first, she mentioned a 'girlfriend' but later, she had to backtrack because she admits that she didn't see anything romantic between them -and they see that Sam pings from the space....xd- and she ends saying that it was just a female friend while agreeing that Sam has had BOYFRIENDS and hoping that 'he has a BOYFRIEND in his private life'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 21, 2019 3:26 PM

[quote]Yep. Sam shares his hotel suites with him and he is the one who 'handles everything' but the 'lucky fans' who met Sam never mention him.

The cultists were ready to believe that Monk Sam went to Graceland alone. Who does that? lol

by Anonymousreply 47May 21, 2019 4:26 PM

r47. By the way. Why visiting a tourist trap anyway.

No wonder Sam stayed after that hiding in his suite at the Memphis Hotel. Who wants to blame him for this? Poor boyfriend, that has to handle every thing. What happened after the Minibar at the suite falled dry? Questions, so many questions.

by Anonymousreply 48May 21, 2019 8:40 PM

Not sure if we posted this before... how out and proud gay men in real relationships with nothing to hide deal with homophobia (as opposed to cowering wimps hiding behind their shame-mongering publicists)...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 22, 2019 4:13 AM

It would be fabulous if he came out. End the shippers and conspiracy theories. Straighten things out. Starz can’t stop him. He’d get plenty of work in the UK in TV and theatre no worries. Look at Luke Evans. However... It’s if he wants to pursue Bond that may be an issue even though it’s British. A career in American movies in 2019 is still an issue. Let’s not kid ourselves. It shouldn’t be. But it is. His publicist and others around him would be telling him to closet. Which leading romantic roles go to openly gay actors? Discrimination yes but reality yes. Sad. Oh and there’s the matter of the denial interview. He’s not coming out anytime soon. It would horrify the homophobic American fan base. And Gabaldon. She can’t separate her Jamie from Sam either.

by Anonymousreply 50May 22, 2019 9:36 AM

[quote] It’s if he wants to pursue Bond

lol

by Anonymousreply 51May 22, 2019 3:29 PM

R50 It's not that it would "horrify the homophobic fan base." It's pure greed. He wants to milk the ca$h out of those MPC mugwumps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 22, 2019 3:33 PM

r52. There is no reason to nail him on the wall. We are here to discuss his oviously gayness. And him being in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 53May 22, 2019 8:07 PM

But anyway . He has a couple of friends, who know about how doing a business besides the movie and film spacel

https://trademarks.justia.com/owners/heughan-sam-3242772/

by Anonymousreply 54May 22, 2019 8:41 PM

So just follow the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 22, 2019 8:42 PM

Oh yeah I stand corrected . I forgot MPC. Silly me.

by Anonymousreply 56May 22, 2019 9:22 PM

Sam likes to keep his ass ' 'nicely warmed'.

We've been saying it here since +45 threads ago......xd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 22, 2019 9:26 PM

'nicely warmed'......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 22, 2019 9:28 PM

He loves all exercises that strengthen the glute muscles too and has said if you only do one exercise at the gym let it be glute strengthening.

by Anonymousreply 59May 23, 2019 2:19 AM

Maybe I'm just being a negative Nancy but I just can't picture him getting Bond. Granted he shouldn't have to stay in the closet (America is really horrible about this) but the reality is that he is closeting and he's TERRIBLE at it to the point that it's distracting so, I don't see him getting that role.

It's the giant elephant in the room among the fan groups too. Go on any Facebook group about Outlander and they're adamant about not discussing be actors' private lives. It goes unsaid but, I believe a big part of that is because Sam is obviously-gay and they don't want anyone bringing it up and killing the "fantasy."

I think they know Tobias might be gay to. One of his groups has that same intense "no talking about his private life" rules and they get very bent out of shape even with the most my minor violation of the rule.

Whenever I see that kind of rule in a fan group 9 times out of 10 there's either something unsavory in the actor's life that they don't want being discussed in the group or something that doesn't fall in line with the actor's image.

by Anonymousreply 60May 23, 2019 3:24 AM

[quote]We are here to discuss his oviously gayness. And him being in the closet. And his crass commercialism.

R53 FIFY

by Anonymousreply 61May 23, 2019 6:05 AM

Using a search tool today showed me, that Jennifer Allen is still on her path straightwashing gay Sam Heughan actor

by Anonymousreply 62May 23, 2019 8:46 PM

R62 do tell......

by Anonymousreply 63May 23, 2019 10:06 PM

Related: Hottie Charlie Barnett doesn't exactly 'come out' while promoting the new Netflix Tales of the City; he mentions it casually, à la Ben Platt...

[quote]Barnett — who portrays Ben Marshall, Mouse's love interest — was asked what it meant to bring black and gay representation to Tales of the City and the media landscape at large. "It’s incredibly amazing of course," Barnett responded. "I was at home with my partner going over this question trying to figure out how to ... answer it. It’s incredible and I think we all know that, having that opportunity."

[quote] One of the first (and few) times he felt like he saw himself onscreen was Basquiat, a 1996 biopic about the black queer graffiti artist of the same name played by Jeffrey Wright. "It was the first time I saw a man who looked like me and he was definitely open about his sexuality," Barnett said, adding, "That person understood who I was and I understood who they were. It gave me so many stepping stones to understanding my own emotions."

[quote]Barnett, who said he came out at 13...cited his gay identity as one of his strengths as an actor. "I’m incredibly thankful to have been born this way, it’s given me unbelievable gifts, and I know that each of my characters that I work on that are gay have some of those things that we would have to fight for — even today that I would have to fight for," he said. "It’s built up a certain kind of ability in myself as an artist that I’m forever fucking grateful for."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 24, 2019 6:01 AM

Steven Cree: "Sam likes cock"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 24, 2019 8:22 PM

Sam and a pussy raking in the likes on IG.

by Anonymousreply 66May 25, 2019 7:25 AM

Cats are the only pussies he likes

by Anonymousreply 67May 25, 2019 9:27 AM

r67. Great summary of our countless threads about gay Sam Heughan.

by Anonymousreply 68May 25, 2019 11:59 AM

[quote]Cats are the only pussies he likes

Exactly....;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 25, 2019 6:16 PM

How would he have time for a boyfriend? Does he even have friends he sees regularly?

by Anonymousreply 70May 25, 2019 6:41 PM

Yes he has time for his bf and he sees friends regularly. The bf is just not in the pics.

by Anonymousreply 71May 25, 2019 6:55 PM

And who is the boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 72May 25, 2019 7:51 PM

They are in the closet together. But he’s not a monk. Private life private remember.

by Anonymousreply 73May 25, 2019 8:19 PM

Sam is in Dublin. At the gym with Nicolas Rasenti.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 25, 2019 9:44 PM

Please Sam, stay away from those leeches.

by Anonymousreply 75May 26, 2019 12:17 AM

Have you seen the chick’s IG story he’s hanging with? Does he not have friends his own age?

by Anonymousreply 76May 26, 2019 3:00 AM

For that matter, does he not have friends in his own country?

by Anonymousreply 77May 26, 2019 3:10 AM

That chick is Nicolas Rasenti's co-star in the movie that both are filming in Dublin. There's a pic posted at R74 of Sam and Nicolas at the same restaurant.

Of course, Sam's homophobic and desperate fangirls will think that she is his new 'girlfriend'.....lol

He's hanging out with a new 'girlfriend' every week (lmao) Do you think this is the new PR strategy to make him look 'straight'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 26, 2019 3:12 AM

Yep R78 she has already gained over 100 new cultists, I mean Sam followers on her IG account.

by Anonymousreply 79May 26, 2019 3:29 AM

Yes it’s working both ways. Half the fandom thinks she’s the new girlfriend and half thinks he’s there to see Caitriona. Hetero Sam either way lol

by Anonymousreply 80May 26, 2019 3:41 AM

R78 how do you know they’re filming something in Dublin together? So weird to pop over to Ireland to see an old gym buddy.

by Anonymousreply 81May 26, 2019 3:45 AM

The new PR strategy appears to be "any aspiring actress or fitness model will do, as long as she's outside of my own country." lol

by Anonymousreply 82May 26, 2019 4:46 AM

Long-distance, female-adjacents are the perfect thing for faking out the cultists who need to believe he’s both straight and celibate. This way, he can keep milking those ‘Gwumps for ca$h and SM follows. It’s simply O-mazing!

by Anonymousreply 83May 26, 2019 5:01 AM

The only pussies he nuzzles in Scotland are four-legged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 26, 2019 5:07 AM

Of course it's veryweird that Sam is hanging out with Nic's friends in Dublin.

Obviously, for PR purposes,-he posted an IG story from the airport so everybody knew he was traveling-, he wanted to be seen around some female adjacent - and she posted an IG story with Sam so everybody could see them.

It doesn't matter that it was a group of friends having dinner - they don't appear in the IG stories and they are no needed in the PR narrative.

Sam and Nic sitting together at the same restaurant.-

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 26, 2019 5:59 AM

What the fuck happened on the fake, chaperoned Omaze date? Is someone holding Heughan accountable? Did he show the girl a good time? Was she ever heard from again? We demand to know!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 26, 2019 6:31 AM

The SHAMzie queen -and beards defender- is very sad because the new blonde has clarified in her IG story that "Sam and her are only friends, though".

Of course they are only friends. Sam is gay and this Shamzie knows it ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 26, 2019 6:38 AM

His fake date and her mother got a carriage ride he put on his IG and then the three of them had a private dinner. He was nobody’s date at the actual Peaker’s Ball. Never heard from the girl again. Maybe she had to sign a privacy agreement as part of the deal.

by Anonymousreply 88May 26, 2019 6:43 AM

R88 Ouch. And she paid cash for that sleep-inducing cringefest? Compare that to how they did dates with closeted gay actors in the 1950's we see how cheesy and stingy Heughan's date sounds by comparison. The winner of Tab's date paid nothing, wrote a 200-word essay about herself and got to spend a whole week in Hollywood, including a Rose Bowl game, concerts, TV tapings, Disneyland, meeting stars, partying with Dennis Hopper, Natalie Wood, and Nick Adams, and culminating in a full day with Tab who took her on a studio tour of Warner Brothers, lunch in the commissary and capped it off with dinner and dancing at the Mocambo, baby,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 26, 2019 7:17 AM

Hey, I won a date with Tab Hunter, too, and he didn't ask me to sign an NDA. Plus, he was really nice when I ran into him six years later at JC Penneys!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 26, 2019 7:31 AM

Agreed. It was touted that the date would accompany him to the ball. But no. She sat with the thousand other women. He was on the stage anyway and would have sat with Alex and Valbo. She got a private dinner the night before the ball with him and her Mum to stop other fans “interrupting their time together” 😃

by Anonymousreply 91May 26, 2019 7:35 AM

Related: Tab Hunter and Tony Perkins had an intense, passionate love affair in the midst of all the beards and dream dates. A movie called "Tab and Tony" is currently being produced by J.J. Abrams and Zachary Quinto, with a screenplay by Pulitzer Prize winner Doug Wright. Hunter’s life partner Allan Glaser will also serve as producer. Release date TBA. I wonder if we'll get exclusive footage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 26, 2019 7:51 AM

Wish he’d come out and be proud. He’s wasting his life. The shippers think him and Cait are hiding away lol but he is the one hiding. Life would become great for him. It’s like a vicious circle. Then there is the issue of him wanting to earn the American dollar. But one day the world will know Sam Heughan is gay and his life would be simpler living his best most fabulous life openly now.

by Anonymousreply 93May 26, 2019 8:53 AM

And he’s already back in Scotland. What the hell was all that for? He just looked sad...and desperate.

by Anonymousreply 94May 26, 2019 3:34 PM

R94 We know that Sam can fly under the radar....... if he wants.

Yesterday, he wanted to be seen -it was very clear since he posted from the airport.

And yes, he looks sad and desperate and the last blonde has said in her IG story that "Sam and her are only friends" (see R87).

by Anonymousreply 95May 26, 2019 4:05 PM

I thought the whole weekend was about product placement Guinness !! Bet they payed his airfare.. Last bank holiday he pushed Kinder eggs or some such.

by Anonymousreply 96May 26, 2019 5:37 PM

If he’s anything in person like he was in her IG story....no thanks.

by Anonymousreply 97May 26, 2019 5:52 PM

R96 Yep, Sam's a big 'ol product ho. He'll shill anything for a price, even if it conflicts (e.g. booze and cancer prevention).

by Anonymousreply 98May 26, 2019 7:57 PM

[quote]For that matter, does he not have friends in his own country?

Yes, but his boyfriends and close male friends from the good old times -when Sam was openly gay/in the glass closet (Luke Neal, Fergus,Matt ....) have been 'scrubbed' -and going dark in SM for homophobic reasons since Sam's PR team is trying to straightwash him.

Isn't it weird that most of those 'lucky fans' who meet Sam everywhere never ever say that they have seen him hanging out with a male friend???

From the good old times (although Matt has removed the question about Sam and Luke being bfs and living together):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 26, 2019 8:59 PM

Maybe he’s moved on from the old friends and now is into all things young and showing their assess.

by Anonymousreply 100May 26, 2019 9:24 PM

He's still gay, R100.

[quote]" Ages ago, I mentioned here that Sam and one other man consistently shared a mutual address for 10+ years (they had multiple roommates, as other people's names came and went, but theirs were constant from place to place). On this man's Facebook page, you can find posts about him being in Thailand a few years ago, and it doesn't appear he was alone or that it was his first trip. This same man looks almost exactly like the man pictured with Sam at the bar that was posted on a Brazilian Twitter page (green lights, otherwise very dark, Sam and a man sitting next to each other). I'd drop the "almost," except lighting and camera angles make a positive ID tricky. The timeframe would be just about right. This same man used to post very regularly on Sam's original Twitter account, then went almost completely silent after Sam started to gain some fame. I believe he was a long-time love."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 26, 2019 9:31 PM

R100 "All things young?" Meaning women? Please spare us. He's nearly 40. If that were his thing he'd have bagged and tagged one by now.

by Anonymousreply 102May 26, 2019 9:33 PM

He’s never going to be into women except as beards and friends. He’s gay and there’s nothing wrong with that. His life would be better if he came out of his closet to his toxic fandom.

by Anonymousreply 103May 26, 2019 9:48 PM

R98 agree, not a good look

by Anonymousreply 104May 26, 2019 9:56 PM

And just like that, Sam didn’t let us in on anything he did the rest of the day.

by Anonymousreply 105May 27, 2019 3:18 AM

[R99] that is a fabulous photo and the comment from someone asking if Luke and Sam live together is still up. It’s on another pic on Matt’s IG from 2016. I just don’t know how to post. There is no bf comment though. And I’m thinking the brothers Luke and Matt are both gay.

by Anonymousreply 106May 27, 2019 3:54 AM

R106, you are right and I was wrong.

The comment asking if Sam and Luke were living together was in another post, from December 2016. Sam was already bearding and Luke had closed his SM.

What is interesting is that Luke's brother, Matt has not deleted the comment and guess who liked the post? SAM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107May 27, 2019 5:16 AM

There is also that old tweet to Amy Shiels on 13 October 2012 where Sam says “ fancy England versus South Africa at Twickenham on 10th November? Luke and myself ...? “ That was posted here many threads back. Sam and Luke were a couple for sure.

by Anonymousreply 108May 27, 2019 10:23 AM

R108 You mean this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 27, 2019 3:37 PM

Look at Sam dancing ballet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 27, 2019 5:13 PM

r110. Look at this! Never seen more gay Sam in one video.

by Anonymousreply 111May 27, 2019 7:53 PM

[R109] that one thankyou! And love Sam doing the ballet and getting his arse patted. Cait knows he loves that!

by Anonymousreply 112May 27, 2019 7:54 PM

r73. So we are coming closer to Duncan Lacroix. Do we? Or just another guy from the OL production?

I am sure, gay actor Sam Heughan boyfriend is located in his inner circle. So from the OL circle or from Valbos gym.

by Anonymousreply 113May 27, 2019 8:10 PM

[quote]Look at this! Never seen more gay Sam in one video.

Yes, Sam always looks very gay -his true self- in the BTS vids.....;))

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 27, 2019 8:59 PM

[R114] yep. And the only BTS blooper video they sensored was Season 1. As 2 and 3 he didn’t hide himself and 4 looks like great fun! I’m amazed they put it out there. Sam obviously cares not. And why would he. As for the boyfriend my guess is someone he’s known for years. Someone in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 115May 28, 2019 4:31 AM

I believe he went to Dublin to avoid the Edinburgh Marathon. Since he ran it last year many Peakers and fans signed up for this year hoping he’d be there again. He is so fond of his lovely fans.....

by Anonymousreply 116May 28, 2019 4:33 AM

I bet he’s fond of them. From behind his iPhone. He could have stayed home in Glasgow to avoid them. But I suppose going to Dublin gives the shippers something to blather about. Going to a Balfe restaurant. Etc

by Anonymousreply 117May 28, 2019 4:50 AM

Yes he’s got to please the shippers.....

by Anonymousreply 118May 28, 2019 7:15 AM

There will be a push to please the shippers, there’s DVDs to sell. Then normal service will resume.

by Anonymousreply 119May 28, 2019 7:28 AM

[quote]There will be a push to please the shippers, there’s DVDs to sell. Then normal service will resume.

Yep. And don't forget that now, Outlander has started in Netflix so they are gaslighting the shippers once again. I can't believe they fall for it.....xd

A woman and her gay BBF. Sam is the one who needs to come out and end this nonsense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 28, 2019 2:08 PM

He look really comfortable with Cait in those outtakes.

by Anonymousreply 121May 28, 2019 5:55 PM

R121 , they've always been like Will & Grace.

Cait has just posted this.....xd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122May 28, 2019 6:33 PM

I wish we had beyond reasonable doubt that he was closeting.

by Anonymousreply 123May 28, 2019 7:06 PM

R101 R107 R108 R109

[quote]The comment asking if Sam and Luke were living together was in another post, from December 2016. Sam was already bearding and Luke had closed his SM. What is interesting is that Luke's brother, Matt has not deleted the comment and guess who liked the post? SAM.

by Anonymousreply 124May 28, 2019 8:23 PM

He’s only closeted since he was signed onto Outlander. Really tidied up his social media’s after this. There are a few tweets remaining . One tweet that comes to mind went along the lines of .. audition in the morning ... run along the Thames ... lunch .., just missing that one person / thing .. and from the tweet and replies left it’s obvious that one person / thing was he was missing Luke to his day being perfect. Now that to me says “couple”. And he was announcing this to the world. He is closeting himself now. But he never looked happier than when he and Luke went on their world trip in 2016 before Luke was forced to quit social media.

by Anonymousreply 125May 28, 2019 9:32 PM

Would love to see the genuine gay man he is. What do you think he’s like?

by Anonymousreply 126May 28, 2019 9:50 PM

[quote] One tweet that comes to mind went along the lines of .. audition in the morning ... run along the Thames ... lunch .., just missing that one person / thing .. and from the tweet and replies left it’s obvious that one person / thing was he was missing Luke to his day being perfect. Now that to me says “couple”. And he was announcing this to the world. He is closeting himself now. But he never looked happier than when he and Luke went on their world trip in 2016 before Luke was forced to quit social media.

I think this is the tweet you're talking about, R125.

Sam posted it in 2012.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 28, 2019 10:02 PM

r116, r117 Yes, possible reasons for going to Dublin, but more likely he dropped in to meet up with Nic Rasenti, the South African guy, who is making a movie in Dublin - photos of them there on Rasenti's IG. Some bloggers are also speculating that Heughan may have also gone to watch a female Russian kettelbell athlete who was competing in Dublin, and who he reportedly showed around Edinburgh etc last week (of course some on tumblr have her as his new gf). Meanwhile, more teasing snippets in bts scenes to play up the shipper dream as the OL Netflix debut starts. He must get tired of all the games sometimes, even if he gets the money and attention he wants so badly.

by Anonymousreply 128May 28, 2019 10:13 PM

r126. Well. Probably like everyone of us here. He is no god. And he is reaching his fourties.

He is worrying about his ideceeding hairline and probably has a bad smell out of his mouth in the morning and his dick tastes unwashed. He counts his new wrinkles which are not leaving thru the day. He will also notify that is getting harder after a long Party night to recover.

And, this will be essential, he will realize that his very small window of oppurtunity he found with Outlander is already closing.

He is not aging very well, he is far away from being a character actor in the movies in the US market. He has obviously no longer connections to UK based theater, movie or TV producers. And even less to the European market.

He is a nice guy, I've met him decades ago.

But he has not the actor skills to get over a far behind D list actor status. There will be nothing for him left, when Outlander S 5 and S 6 (which I doubt to be happen) is done.

Younger and hungry guys like him are lining up behind him.

by Anonymousreply 129May 28, 2019 10:23 PM

He didn’t come across so great in the Dublin IG story. You know, the one where he picked up a new friend, a girl.

by Anonymousreply 130May 28, 2019 11:38 PM

I don't think 'he picked up a new friend', he looked very uncomfortable.

[quote]But he never looked happier than when he and Luke went on their world trip in 2016 before Luke was forced to quit social media.

TRUE..  At this point, to anyone who has been paying attention, it's extremely obvious that Sam is gay. The only people who don't see it are the ones who don't want to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131May 29, 2019 12:46 AM

[R27] thanks that’s the tweet

by Anonymousreply 132May 29, 2019 3:36 AM

[R129] just WOW!

I think his dick would taste just fine! As for a receding hairline who gives a fuck and guys in our forties are just fine as well if we’ve looked after ourselves. And he has. He’s got a hot AF bod and Barbour know what they are doing keeping him as their model. Wrinkles? Pleeease! He looks fabulous!

He would have loads of connections in UK theatre, TV and film and he’s not a “D” list actor 🙄 he is British and will always have work in the UK. Outlander books are great sellers so why would the TV series be any different ? Outlander will run its course. He will have something to go to. And by the way I figure we all need to clean our teeth in the morning. Geeez If he went into fitness and decided to ditch the acting his classes would be packed. He’d need to take bookings.

He closets. He won’t come out till Outlander ends.

by Anonymousreply 133May 29, 2019 3:47 AM

R129 I believe you are right. The man is only human you know. His career just seems to mean everything to him in a way. R133 I think he will indeed always find a job in the UK, he just won't become the great American moviestar. The closet won't make him that star, only the right connectings, his skills and looks will. I just don't see it happening

by Anonymousreply 134May 29, 2019 7:37 AM

*connections

by Anonymousreply 135May 29, 2019 7:38 AM

R131 he did look uncomfortable in that video. Not the charming man we’ve seen in other things.

by Anonymousreply 136May 29, 2019 1:56 PM

Can anyone make sense of his IG story? A vintage pic of a woman and a cat?

by Anonymousreply 137May 29, 2019 3:24 PM

Still anyone doubting?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138May 29, 2019 5:19 PM

I don’t see a gay man in the image above.

by Anonymousreply 139May 29, 2019 7:17 PM

R137 Sigourney Weaver and cat, Alien....the film. Maybe he feels like he has the HW caliber now he has the cat in OL s5???

by Anonymousreply 140May 29, 2019 7:39 PM

R139 yup anyone who doesn't must be blind

by Anonymousreply 141May 29, 2019 7:40 PM

https://twitter.com/debrajane61/status/1133374000594395136?s=09

by Anonymousreply 142May 29, 2019 7:57 PM

r139. May be, calibrate your gaydar may help.

by Anonymousreply 143May 29, 2019 8:34 PM

R114 R115

[quote]Look at this! Never seen more gay Sam in one video.

[quote] Yes, Sam always looks very gay -his true self- in the BTS vids.

"I feel pretty, Oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and GAYYYYYY!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 29, 2019 8:44 PM

He plays very well because his gayness isn’t obvious on screen as Jamie

by Anonymousreply 145May 29, 2019 10:00 PM

Because he’s an actor. Actors pretend to be anybody. Off screen he can’t help himself. He’s not the most flamboyant gay. But he’s gay. And so so pretty! And just so cute.

by Anonymousreply 146May 29, 2019 10:07 PM

He’s so pretty it hurts.

by Anonymousreply 147May 29, 2019 10:31 PM

He didn’t look that great before OL though. The beefing up and facial hair has really helped him. Before kinda boring. I guess that’s why he wasn’t getting much work. He looks great now.

by Anonymousreply 148May 29, 2019 10:37 PM

R148 true, money and styling helps. Although he was always a good looking guy. There are still unflattering photos at times.

by Anonymousreply 149May 29, 2019 11:35 PM

Agreed. He’s always been good looking. He’s better now because they butched him up for Jamie. So he’s hot as fuck now. But he’s worked for part of that in the gym. But that face was always gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 150May 29, 2019 11:47 PM

Do we know some boyfriends he had? Can’t find anything about it...

by Anonymousreply 151May 30, 2019 12:09 AM

r151. r145. r72.

1. You are 16 and found this thread by accident. If this the case, there is a search button

2. You are a troll

3. You are the new volunteer at Jenniffer Allen PR agency.

see 3. Read the job description again.

4. In any other cases: Just type gay actor Sam Heughan in the sequence of your choice in any searching tool.

by Anonymousreply 152May 30, 2019 1:02 AM

His former Co star, Laura Donnelly, said that he was known as Pretty Sam at drama school.

by Anonymousreply 153May 30, 2019 3:16 AM

Of course! Another former classmate said he was also known as Lovely Sam.

by Anonymousreply 154May 30, 2019 3:22 AM

R154 It was Grant O'Rourke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155May 30, 2019 4:33 AM

All his college mates know Sam is gay. Lovely Sam 😊 That’s just lovely! And pretty Sam. Not exactly how one describes a hetero guy. Just come back out already Sam. Be you authentic fabulous self again.

by Anonymousreply 156May 30, 2019 8:26 AM

He's all about the money and becoming a bit cynical, it would seem. Lovely Sam is in the Sunken Place along with Gay Sam.

by Anonymousreply 157May 30, 2019 4:51 PM

[quote]All his college mates know Sam is gay. Lovely Sam 😊 That’s just lovely! And pretty Sam. Not exactly how one describes a hetero guy. Just come back out already Sam. Be you authentic fabulous self again.

Of course they know.

Cait thinks that Sam is pretty as a girl......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158May 30, 2019 7:24 PM

Glassgo Live reported S.H. honorary doctorate from the university describing M.P.C. as a charitable foundation Surely M.P.C. is a business that gives a certain percentage of their profits [ after tax and expenses } to charity, and I commend them for it but it is not a charitable foundation which I always thought gave all it's money to charity [ after expenses etc Or am I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 159May 30, 2019 10:30 PM

No charity gives 100%. Good god, cut the man some bloody slack. MPC, from what I gather, is both a health and wellness community and charity. Stars who’ve been around for a while and those who haven’t even done charitable work get “honorary” degrees. They’re not real, they’re just fancy acknowledgements. Good for Sam.

by Anonymousreply 160May 30, 2019 11:20 PM

He’s to be commended for his philanthropy. He’s a better person inside than most celebrities. And good on him. He probably took one look at those middle aged hags that are his main fan base that claw him at cons and panels and knew he had to motivate them to get off their sofas. He has made a difference in making his MPC members healthier and motivated for fitness.

by Anonymousreply 161May 30, 2019 11:34 PM

R161 yep, grandmas are getting those bench presses in. All in the name of Sam. Guess they never knew exercise existed before Jamie Fraser.

by Anonymousreply 162May 30, 2019 11:51 PM

I agree his achievements are impressive but I didn't know MPC was a registered charity

by Anonymousreply 163May 30, 2019 11:55 PM

R163 because it isn't. MPC is not a foundation or charity. It's a business and an official trademark too. It's part of Alex Nourouzi's holding. They donate 50% to charity but their annual accounts are not made public(you don't have to as a business), since we're talking several millions, I do wonder where the other half goes. The company is run by only a very small team.

Not saying it isn't a good fitness/food program and that it isn't helping others. The philosophy behind the program is great.I just do feel that Sam and the media should stop calling it a charity and be honest about it.

by Anonymousreply 164May 31, 2019 6:32 AM

Is MPC closeting??

by Anonymousreply 165May 31, 2019 7:12 AM

Apparantly the company takes after its founder

by Anonymousreply 166May 31, 2019 9:30 AM

MPC is now taking on ambassadors, presumably to actively recruit more members.. I wonder will their incentive be greater access to Sam, he was at their first meeting,, or cuts in membership fees etc.Either way membership would increase rapidly, with ambassadors being rewarded accordingly . Not unlike American pyramid selling schemes The whole world will be fit soon !!

by Anonymousreply 167May 31, 2019 9:31 AM

Greater access to Sam is what they feel they will get, with the "private" meetings. As far as I know they don't get any cheaper membership rates or anything else. No money. Just the tiny chance to talk to Sam and make him fall for them;) OL fandom 2.0

by Anonymousreply 168May 31, 2019 9:46 AM

Maybe Sam is bi or non binary? 🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 169May 31, 2019 2:17 PM

Sam the "monk" who shares his hotelroom with a man....

by Anonymousreply 170May 31, 2019 2:24 PM

Why does he like to announce his flight comings and goings?

by Anonymousreply 171May 31, 2019 4:40 PM

Because he knew everyone would know they’d be flying to LA to beg for an Emmy nod again.

by Anonymousreply 172May 31, 2019 5:54 PM

[quote]All his college mates know Sam is gay. Lovely Sam 😊 That’s just lovely! And pretty Sam. Not exactly how one describes a hetero guy.

Our darling, Lady Goodman, whose cousin actually met Sam at the Real Conservatoire of Scotland, confirms that Sam is gay:

[quote]"I started watching Outlander last year and commented on Facebook how much I enjoyed it. My cousin private messaged me and was like "I went to RCS with Heughan,remember?" , I , I didn't because my cousin isn't in the acting/directing game anymore and is now working as a "civilian", so I'd completely forgotten he went to the Conservatoire as its now called. I commented that I thought he was lovely and he'd have to intro me when I was next in Scotland (I was saying this jokingly,I'm married.) and he replied "Sorry to burst your bubble, gorgeous as you are, I don't think you've got what he's looking for if you know what I mean..."

[quote]"And he was like "He's gay. I don't know why this is a thing. I'm sure he's photographed with women, I've seen him around home with women. He is gay. He just is. Didnt know he was saying otherwise. Weird to try and hide it now. Bit of a risk this late in the game."

by Anonymousreply 173May 31, 2019 6:44 PM

R173 hope that’s a legit post.

by Anonymousreply 174May 31, 2019 7:55 PM

More legit that some of your posts, R174.

by Anonymousreply 175May 31, 2019 8:02 PM

r174 has now 25 posts on this thread. And I still could not figure out for what purpose.

PR troll trying to figure out, where are our triggers. Or stupid 16 year old fangirl.

My personal favourite idea is gay Sam Heughan PR Jeniffer Allen trying a new PR strategy. Well. It is not so new. And well, the DL is always one step before her.

by Anonymousreply 176May 31, 2019 8:17 PM

R176 nope, neither. But thanks for playing. No wonder people are skeptical of these threads.

by Anonymousreply 177May 31, 2019 8:32 PM

[quote]R174 has now 25 posts on this thread. And I still could not figure out for what purpose. PR troll trying to figure out, where are our triggers. Or stupid 16 year old fangirl.

Yes, I was feeling the same ;)

Speaking of Sam and Luke (R107, R108, R109, R127.....) When Sam used to take Luke to trips around the world, parties, Outlander events........

Two couples: Cait and her fiancé Tony McGill; Sam and Luke Neal:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 31, 2019 8:57 PM

When Sam is 80 and you will still be talking about Luke and Amy and MM and all the people and photos that you keep dredging up from the past. lol

by Anonymousreply 179May 31, 2019 9:01 PM

Since when can someone not take a friend to a work event who is the same sex?

by Anonymousreply 180May 31, 2019 9:15 PM

R180 This is like reading the homophobes at Brandon Flynn/Richard Madden threads. You were right, Oracle, the troll is finally showing her true colors.....xd

If Luke were a woman, these stans wouldn't have any doubt that Sam and 'her' were a couple.

After THEIR TRIP TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD, Sam also brought Luke to some parties:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181May 31, 2019 9:31 PM

[R179] when Sam is 80 the world will know he was always gay. MM will always have been his beard and Amy his long time friend. What’s your point? He will come out eventually like Luke Evans and Ricky Martin. He will closet till the end of Outlander. To please all the shippers and American homophobic women that make up the bulk of the outlander fan base. That can’t spot a gay man. Gay is gay forever dahhhling. He’s not going to “turn straight” as it’s not how it works. He’s straight to the next man 😘

by Anonymousreply 182May 31, 2019 11:12 PM

Related: More Hollywood letting down gays in Rocketman...

[quote]Elton John and his husband were involved in Rocketman’s production, so the result is, to some degree, his vision. Yet in many ways, the movie’s similarity to Rhapsody is a reminder that individual people — even rich, powerful celebrities — can only do so much within existing institutions.

[quote]Despite all the hubbub about keeping in sex scenes and drugs, the film, much like Bohemian Rhapsody, barely skims the surface of John’s relationships with men.

[quote]It’s not just classic rock that has become the hot new Hollywood intellectual property trend in the past few years — it’s once-closeted gay men’s stories. MGM is going to produce a film about Boy George. And there are now competing biopics of composer Leonard Bernstein, as Jake Gyllenhaal and Bradley Cooper stumble over each other to achieve the cultural cachet of being straight actors “brave” enough to “play gay.” But even as these films are ostensibly about gay men, they seem unable to trust that the full array of gay experiences — like gay relationships, or finding queer community — can be a universal tale unto itself. Rocketman is, in some ways, a sad reminder that even in its most supposedly fantastic imaginings, Hollywood fantasies can still be so straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183June 1, 2019 12:43 AM

R183 sometimes it feels like it’ll never change

by Anonymousreply 184June 1, 2019 3:29 PM

r182 my point was everyone drones on and on about the same things and the same photos day after day. When was the last time Luke was around??? why are you still talking about him? MM has been gone for almost 2 years and yet, still talking about her. you need new stuff or let it go....

by Anonymousreply 185June 1, 2019 4:06 PM

r185. Forgot the recently published BTS stuff?

by Anonymousreply 186June 1, 2019 6:03 PM

What BTS stuff?

Why is it weird that Sam calls other men “bud?”

by Anonymousreply 187June 1, 2019 6:51 PM

R187 is the busted troll who doesn't see the gayness -and the glitter- that Sam is spreading in these recent published BTS pics.......lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188June 1, 2019 7:01 PM

r188 yes, I forgot that one. He does love to twirl : )

by Anonymousreply 189June 1, 2019 8:09 PM

What’s ‘new’ is that he’s become Monk Sam. So far, that seems to be working.

by Anonymousreply 190June 1, 2019 8:24 PM

With all that working out he does and the testosterone flowing, he’s gotta be getting some somewhere IMHO. Certainly not the blondies and not Cait like the grannies and shippers think. I wish someone would snap a photo of Sam and his man.

by Anonymousreply 191June 1, 2019 8:49 PM

[quote]With all that working out he does and the testosterone flowing, he’s gotta be getting some somewhere......I wish someone would snap a photo of Sam and his man.

At the gym in LA........;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192June 1, 2019 9:04 PM

Maybe that’s why he works out so much, not getting any.

by Anonymousreply 193June 1, 2019 9:24 PM

R193 He's no monk, dumbass. R192 was referring to getting some at the gym.

by Anonymousreply 194June 1, 2019 9:52 PM

[R185] You bought up MM. As for Luke well Sam is good mates with Matt Neil, don’t try to tell me he ain’t still close with Luke. He’s got plenty of free and private time. SH posts to social media only what he wants the world to see. How do YOU know when was the last time he saw Luke Neal? He’s just flown out from London. He seems to be frequently in London ..

by Anonymousreply 195June 2, 2019 2:31 AM

R192 R194 that would be my guess too why he's spending so much time in gyms everywhere he goes. At the very least he can spot some hotties in the shower.

by Anonymousreply 196June 2, 2019 7:15 AM

I think it's a sad and bizarre sight to see a grown man exercising obsessively with an enormous weight hanging between his legs

by Anonymousreply 197June 2, 2019 4:07 PM

[quote]I think Sam being gay is a big thorn in promoters' sides right now with all the escalating chat; no more Pride posts from Sam. Sad.

[quote]I noticed that, too. More telling by its absence than anything else, compared to prior years.

[quote]Will Heughan completely ignore Pride Month, this year? It will be conspicuous by its absence.

[quote]Before the PR fuckery started, Sam couldn't stop posting his Rainbow Gay Batman to celebrate #lovewins (he played Batman on stage). Now, it seems that Sam has deleted all those tweets. #lovelost :((

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198June 3, 2019 12:42 AM

Jennifer Allen is always right with him at these events. I’ve not seen her be so close with her other clients.

by Anonymousreply 199June 3, 2019 1:21 AM

r199 When it first came out, I showed a very experienced PR mate the footage of JA in Heughan's armpit at Savannah, and standing right next to him as he was being interviewed on camera. My mate was bemused to say the least, as according to him, as someone's PR agent you would NEVER stand next to a client on-camera - you stand right back, letting your client shine and keeping out of the way (I'm not in PR at all but this makes sense to me). He hadn't been aware of Heughan beforehand but his query from the footage was "Why the tight leash?"

by Anonymousreply 200June 3, 2019 2:40 AM

It's always fun when Heughan has a drink in his hands during cons and press tours and JA is nowhere to be seen. Sunken Sam speaks right up!

by Anonymousreply 201June 3, 2019 2:50 AM

How bad is it if JA has to chaperone him like that?

by Anonymousreply 202June 3, 2019 3:17 AM

[R201} sunken and drunken? Lol Poor caged Sam.

by Anonymousreply 203June 3, 2019 3:37 AM

He’s acting kind and polite with his fans and Peakers but it’s obvious he doesn’t really like cons or his fans(being in Dublin because of the EMF). I’d surely need more than one drink if I had to meet the obsessed OL grannies. I don’t understand what JA is afraid of it’s not like Sam has any male fans. If he has, they don’t go to those cons or a marathon only because they hope for him to be there.

by Anonymousreply 204June 3, 2019 3:46 AM

[quote]How bad is it if JA has to chaperone him like that?

Controlling Gay Sam.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205June 3, 2019 4:27 AM

The OL promo team looks like they'd rather be anywhere else, courtesy of JustJared...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206June 3, 2019 5:01 AM

R200 I bet she's right up on him to make sure interviewers don't ask off limits questions. JA can't have them asking about those pesky gay rumors.

by Anonymousreply 207June 3, 2019 5:02 AM

We're here at the Westfield Century City Mall in LA to drum up enthusiasm for OL Season 5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 3, 2019 5:18 AM

Did the other actors arrive with their publicists?

by Anonymousreply 209June 3, 2019 5:33 AM

R209 supposedly Caitríona did but it’s funny you never see your PR team.

by Anonymousreply 210June 3, 2019 5:35 AM

R209 sorry. I meant HER PR team.

by Anonymousreply 211June 3, 2019 5:36 AM

Heughan and Jennifer Allen remind me of "pup play" fetishists...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212June 3, 2019 6:05 AM

r212 Which is which?

by Anonymousreply 213June 3, 2019 6:31 AM

R208 I feel he same way :p

R206 Is everybody happy. Horrible and I wouldn't want to be there either.

by Anonymousreply 214June 3, 2019 9:27 AM

There's been a marked change in SH body language at cons and panels this last year. From upright, eager, polite interested to slouched, bored almost rebellious. Crudely mentioning his "cock" to audible gasps from some of the panel and looks of grave displeasure from R. More and the other directors . Closeting must be a very lonely, frustrating, soul destroying place to be. Ultimately, I imagine no amount of money or success can compensate for the sheer sadness of it all

by Anonymousreply 215June 3, 2019 11:49 AM

Related: Heughan needs to read his local newspaper...

[quote] But to deny your sexuality is corrosive – mentally, physically and emotionally. All of which has a negative impact on your confidence; your ability to do your job and forge close relationships with family, friends and colleagues; and more importantly, your happiness.

[quote]To the gay actor mulling over Mr Beacom's advice, I would say this: the choice to come out is yours; but the sooner you do so, the sooner the weight of guilt, denial and evasion will be lifted from your shoulders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 3, 2019 4:10 PM

Good post R216

by Anonymousreply 217June 3, 2019 4:57 PM

For all his money and endorsements he still can't get a well fitting jacket?

Of course nothing in this pic screams "gay"either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218June 4, 2019 10:35 AM

A double breasted suit is not such a good look on a man who's " bust "is nearly the same size as his female co star !!

by Anonymousreply 219June 4, 2019 12:48 PM

HR219 agree. Why doesn’t he pick something else? Or doesn’t he have much of a say in these matters?

by Anonymousreply 220June 4, 2019 4:44 PM

R219 I meant, sorry

by Anonymousreply 221June 4, 2019 4:45 PM

Sam's new interview in Parade Magazine.

Parade.- "Jamie and Claire are two of the most romantic characters in literature with a love that spans time. Do you believe that there is that kind of love?"

Sam.- "I think there is, and I think we all aspire to it. I think that’s maybe why Diana Gabaldon’s books have done so well and why we have a great family of people that buy into that. I think it’s something that we all aspire to and aim for so, yeah, I would like to think it’s real and I’d like to think that one day I could have that myself."

Sam, first, you would need to be honest, be your true self and come out of the closet -again........xd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222June 4, 2019 5:41 PM

R222 truth. he keeps beating around the bush/pink elephant

by Anonymousreply 223June 4, 2019 6:10 PM

Love how he says that fans "buy into" the fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 224June 4, 2019 8:01 PM

R224, a Freudian slip?? ;)

These delusional SHAMzies feel sorry for the beard MM after Sam's interview.....lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225June 4, 2019 10:46 PM

When is it going to dawn on these thick as brick women that he is gay? When you look like him if a woman is what you wanted then WOMEN is what you’d get! He’s not hanging out for his great love with a female lol

by Anonymousreply 226June 4, 2019 11:25 PM

He's stringing them along because it profits him to do so. Monk Sam is making bank off the dumb grannies, including a pyramid scheme.

by Anonymousreply 227June 5, 2019 1:32 AM

This should have removed all doubt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228June 5, 2019 1:38 AM

R219 Yes, Sam is proud of his tit muscles...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229June 5, 2019 2:26 AM

To be fair they are very nice. I want to suck on them.

by Anonymousreply 230June 5, 2019 4:02 AM

He's more " starlet " than star !

by Anonymousreply 231June 5, 2019 11:36 AM

R230 You can bet someone does. Taurus Sun with Moon in Scorpio is no monk.

by Anonymousreply 232June 5, 2019 12:38 PM

Lucky bastard. Whoever he might be.

by Anonymousreply 233June 5, 2019 12:58 PM

I wouldn’t envy him if he has to be Heughan’s dirty little secret.

by Anonymousreply 234June 5, 2019 1:03 PM

R232 how do you know his moonsign? No not likely to be a monk if you are right

by Anonymousreply 235June 5, 2019 4:57 PM

R235 If you know someone’s birth date and place you can look up their moon sign. The moon stays in a sign for about 2.5 days, so you can get reasonably close or nail it even if you don’t know the birth time.

by Anonymousreply 236June 5, 2019 7:58 PM

[quote]I wouldn’t envy him if he has to be Heughan’s dirty little secret.

Well, he handles 'everything'.......

[quote]March 24 2019. "A friend who works at the hotel in Memphis where the glam people stay, told me he was staying there the night before but was under "deep cover". Only had room service, didn't come to the bar, never was seen checking in or out. Had a suite on the 7th floor with another guy who handle everything."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237June 5, 2019 8:45 PM

r233. I mean, someone like this guy would not so bad. Sam in the play "Plagie over England".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238June 5, 2019 8:50 PM

Although Alex Norouzi was held up at the airport he did join S H on this trip. They do work together A N or his office could have made the arrangements. It would have gone on their business account. A hotel suite can have more than one bedroom.. A more interesting question could be is A N gay or straight?

by Anonymousreply 239June 5, 2019 10:12 PM

[quote]Although Alex Norouzi was held up at the airport he did join S H on this trip.

Alex joined Sam on this trip later, in Nashville, not in Memphis so it was not him the man who shared the Memphis hotel suite with Sam.;)

Alex was still trapped in some airport while Sam was posting pics from Memphis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240June 5, 2019 11:19 PM

I don’t see Alex being Heughan’s type.

by Anonymousreply 241June 6, 2019 7:48 AM

Alex is also married to a woman. They are friends and business partners and he was not the guy "handling everything"

by Anonymousreply 242June 6, 2019 10:17 AM

R242, exactly.

R238. Just right before burying himself in the closet (FEB 2016), Sam posted a pic of him with Leon Ockenden to celebrate St Valentine's Day. Leon was Sam's co-star in the gay play "Plague Over England":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243June 6, 2019 9:06 PM

I wonder would Starz have known Heughan was gay when they cast him. Would American casting directors be aware of the sexual orientation of members of the British theatre community. They would have been aware of the gay roles he had played but perhaps would not have considered that an indication of an actors sexual preference.

by Anonymousreply 244June 7, 2019 12:19 AM

I think they would have hired him anyway. He was the right size , Scottish, unknown and cheap. He wasn’t out like Elton or something. But I’m sure he understood to keep it under wraps and butch it up. This kind of thing is done all the time in showbiz. Otherwise the same few straight guys would have to play all the parts in everything!

by Anonymousreply 245June 7, 2019 1:01 AM

[quote]Otherwise the same few straight guys would have to play all the parts in everything!

LOL

by Anonymousreply 246June 7, 2019 2:10 AM

Thanks, good answer

by Anonymousreply 247June 7, 2019 1:01 PM

After years of silence in the closet, today Sam has dared to post about homophobia.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248June 7, 2019 2:50 PM

Well at least he's expressing outrage - it's a start.

by Anonymousreply 249June 7, 2019 3:08 PM

Related: Chris Evans slams Boston's planned "Straight Pride" parade and Brad Pitt asks that his name not be used in conjunction with this cloaked hate group...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 7, 2019 5:41 PM

[quote]Well at least he's expressing outrage - it's a start.

But Heughan's homophobic stans haven't mentioned his tweet.

by Anonymousreply 251June 7, 2019 7:56 PM

He retweeted a photograph of multiple rainbows too.... Surely a cute wee wink to his truth. I don't think he intends to be a bad person, he has a right to get as much out of his professional life as he can. Not everyone can be a martyr most of us are not. Most of us put on a professional mask and shed it soon as we reach safety of our own front door. Don't forget ALL we see of him is him in professional mode. He's not genuinely iging his life... Is anyone in fact.? I say support him if you believe he's gay (as I do too) No point ripping strips off people in limelight til they perform to our individual tunes... They'll never manage to please individuals. All they csn do is play a role and carry that through to all the publicity associated with it. Nonsense... Just my meandering thoughts.. Apols

by Anonymousreply 252June 7, 2019 8:05 PM

r252. Hey Sam. Still jetlagged? Anyway. Nice post.

by Anonymousreply 253June 7, 2019 8:22 PM

Beats me why his fans can't see his lovely gayness, Blinkered, fixed attitudes from some very unsophisticated people?

by Anonymousreply 254June 7, 2019 9:23 PM

[quote]Beats me why his fans can't see his lovely gayness, Blinkered, fixed attitudes from some very unsophisticated people?

Gay Sam ruins their ridiculous sexual fantasies about him, they want to live vicariously through the beards, and they're homophobes who post comments like this one :

[quote]Sam is a SINGLE, healthy, heterosexual male who goes out with different women… like a NORMAL non-fictional man.

Basically.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255June 8, 2019 5:35 AM

[R255] hahahahaha!!!!

by Anonymousreply 256June 8, 2019 6:15 AM

Some of his fans will never admit to seeing his sexuality, but many of us do and don’t care. I care more he’s not able to live openly and authentically and the effect that hiding his life and loves will have on his psyche. As a non American, I’m perhaps more open and less judgemental, but many of his fans are from the book readers and are from very conservative, catholic backgrounds, like DG herself, and are much older women. Hopefully if he gains a new younger following with movies, he will have a more liberal fan base.

by Anonymousreply 257June 8, 2019 11:05 AM

As [R255] put so succinctly it ruins their ridiculous sexual fantasies about him. A part of the toxic fandom believe he’s secretly married to Cait Balfe, some now believe he’s getting it on with Sophie ( last name escapes me) and the majority thinks he dates numerous blondes. Too funny! He won’t live authenticity till Outlander ends. There will be nothing to see for a few years unless he fucks up and is busted with a boyfriend somewhere. Fancy having to hide and plan carefully your every move? But whatever ... for his career. But you can only keep that shit up for so long. Must be mentally exhausting. And bothersome.

by Anonymousreply 258June 8, 2019 1:23 PM

R258 which is why he always looks tired and exhausted aside from all the travel and work schedule. I’ve noticed he does have a few new younger fans on Twitter. It’s the same shit. They’re still shipping he and Caitriona. It blows my mind. I wish outlander would just end already.

by Anonymousreply 259June 8, 2019 1:55 PM

[quote]I don't think he intends to be a bad person,

are you saying he is a bad person because he isn't living his life they way you think he should?

by Anonymousreply 260June 8, 2019 3:11 PM

I have a friend, who has gay family members and many gay friends { shes over 60 } She loved watching Outlander and thought Heughan was hot. When told he was gay said it spoilt it for her and she will never watch again. How sad and crazy is that. But it does make you think if that's a typical reaction from a fan who is accepting of gay people there may be some sense to Heughan being advised to closet.

by Anonymousreply 261June 8, 2019 5:20 PM

What the hell happened this time within the insane OL fandom??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262June 8, 2019 7:26 PM

I think it was the Trumpers...........

by Anonymousreply 263June 8, 2019 7:47 PM

[R261] exactly. That reaction is common on social media as well. Homophobic American women have publicly stated if he was gay it would ‘ruin’ if for them. Like WTF! He is an actor. It’s what actors do. Play roles. Why do they care if an actor is straight or gay? I don’t understand the mentality of stupid people. Why aren’t they getting what they want in their own private lives? Heughan can’t make their actual fantasies come true.

by Anonymousreply 264June 8, 2019 9:46 PM

R248

[quote]After years of silence in the closet, today Sam has dared to post about homophobia.....

[quote]What the hell happened this time within the insane OL fandom??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265June 8, 2019 10:30 PM

r264 so you have no fantasies about Sam? you don't think about being with him?

by Anonymousreply 266June 9, 2019 12:15 AM

Heughan is gay. I’m gay. My fantasies would align with his authentic self. I have my partners dick to suck so busy in my own life but yeah he’s very cute and hot as fuck. Just pointing out female fans are wasting their time. He is an actor. Whether gay or straight he plays the role. Homophobe arseholes should still enjoy his work. It should make not one iota of difference to them his sexuality. Why do they say a gay man could not play Jamie Fraser so therefore he is not gay. Highly insulting. As if only straights can play a romantic lead. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 267June 9, 2019 12:59 AM

[quote] I don’t understand the mentality of stupid people. Why aren’t they getting what they want in their own private lives? Heughan can’t make their actual fantasies come true.

they have the same fantasies as you. And they are allowed.

by Anonymousreply 268June 9, 2019 1:01 AM

You are out of concept. I was responding to the conversation of homophobes who say they won’t watch outlander if Sam Heughan is gay. He is gay and they are watching. But they say a gay man can’t act like Jamie Fraser. Homophobic fans are in denial. You are flipping my words to your own agenda.

by Anonymousreply 269June 9, 2019 1:18 AM

And if fans cannot see his obvious gayness yes they are stupid. If fans state him being gay would “ruin” outlander for them that is stupid too. So fuck along off now.

by Anonymousreply 270June 9, 2019 1:23 AM

R265 that’s one thing at least. Looking at his tweets lately I think he is pretty annoyed and angry with some of his fans. many American have been saying he shouldn’t have an opinion on Trump. They’ve said stuff like that before, he’s an actor so no political opinions allowed or so they feel. People said things like they cannot be a fan anymore because they love their president. Same type of stuff as “if Sam would be gay it would ruin OL and I want to be a fan anymore. ” They are crazy. It must be the craziest and most toxic fandom ever.

by Anonymousreply 271June 9, 2019 3:05 AM

Toxic, crazy and homophobic. Add to that no world opinions allowed. Constantly tweeting him to not be political. All the while closeting. Must be distressing.

by Anonymousreply 272June 9, 2019 3:35 AM

[R265] Heughan also tweeted to that woman “Brandi. Take a break” Then he deleted the comment. It was in response to her saying the Mayor of London is Muslim. And Muslims do not like gays.

by Anonymousreply 273June 9, 2019 4:18 AM

God knows Trump Tweets enough about British politics. If you live your life as a virtual " reality show " as Heughan does you are bound to attract both sycophantic praise and unfair criticism in equal measure. I sense Heughan is a rather sensitive soul who needs to toughen up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 274June 9, 2019 8:45 AM

R267 you re busy because you have one dick to suck? lol

by Anonymousreply 275June 9, 2019 2:42 PM

Another 'lucky fan' has met Sam in Glasgow today.

Reading the comments......... why no one says he's balding? Why these fans never want to see the Real Gay Sam?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276June 9, 2019 9:31 PM

They just see the very nice, polite , good looking guy that he is, anything else would be too challenging.

by Anonymousreply 277June 9, 2019 10:34 PM

Why does not he do anything for his baldness?

by Anonymousreply 278June 9, 2019 10:38 PM

Some of Sam's friends and also Alexander Norouzi_ his CEO at Great Glen Company and Executive Director at My Peak Challeng_ are Muslims .

by Anonymousreply 279June 9, 2019 10:49 PM

His hair is still there. Many guys hitting 40 thin a bit up top.

by Anonymousreply 280June 10, 2019 12:25 AM

Sam has congratulated on Twitter the kilted yoga dude who has proposed to his boyfriend. And retweeted Diana Gabaldons congrats to the guys. 💕

by Anonymousreply 281June 10, 2019 12:30 AM

Finlay Wilson is great! In 2017 he received notes on his doorstep threatening his safety and that of Amaloh, his rescue dog, because he was gay. He was warned to move house. The cowards didn't do it face to face of course. These scum never do. He stood proud and I hope they are squirming at his happiness.

by Anonymousreply 282June 10, 2019 1:16 AM

Is Sunken Sam coming up for a breath of fresh Pride?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283June 10, 2019 1:36 AM

R248 R281 R283

[quote]After years of silence in the closet, today Sam has dared to post about homophobia.....

[quote]Sam has congratulated on Twitter the kilted yoga dude who has proposed to his boyfriend. And retweeted Diana Gabaldons congrats to the guys. 💕

[quote]Is Sunken Sam coming up for a breath of fresh Pride?

I just hope that Sam is following Luke Evans steps........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284June 10, 2019 3:02 AM

There is so much hate in the comments on Luke’s post from bigots that if Sam reads them he will never step out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 285June 10, 2019 8:16 AM

R285, one more-sad- proof that homophobia still exists.

And that Sam's stans are deluded and in denial when they keep saying that his past 'girlfriends' have not been beards.....lol

From the Richard Madden/Brandon Flynn threads.-

[quote]the out gay publicist, managers, agents, studio ceos, producers who are actually the ones giving advice to their clients against coming out.

by Anonymousreply 286June 11, 2019 4:39 PM

r286 It's common old greed - the JAs and their ilk stand to make more $$ out of their gay actor clients if these clients are closeted, as they are then far more likely to get wider ranging and higher-profile (and so more profitable) roles. And while all too many of the gay clients are bullied and emotionally pressured into closeting, others are only too willing and eager to go along with it for $$ and fame. As long as HW sees more $$ in gay actors playing it straight, it will all continue on.

by Anonymousreply 287June 11, 2019 11:22 PM

Because there are no gay leading man actors. If you are out you are reduced to support roles or bit parts. Even though their job title is “actor” the world of make believe dictates that gay actors are not financially viable. So Heughan will continue to closet. And many more like him.

by Anonymousreply 288June 12, 2019 3:34 AM

[R286] and good old fashioned homophobia. At every turn it reads it’s ugly head.

by Anonymousreply 289June 12, 2019 3:38 AM

Is SH new film S A S Red Notice out on Sky Cinema yet. Nobody's mentioned it on this thread yet so I guess not. Will it go for general release in main stream cinemas eventually?

by Anonymousreply 290June 12, 2019 11:42 AM

What about Luke Evans doesn't he take leading roles?

by Anonymousreply 291June 12, 2019 11:51 AM

r290. I read it was bought by Sky with a limited cinema release

by Anonymousreply 292June 12, 2019 12:01 PM

Hollywood Heughan had his one big break as a leading man and he phoned it in. He was the love interest of one of the leads and wasn't mentioned in a single review. He couldn't summon up a shred of emotionality or motivation for his character. There he was, all butched up and closeted up for Homophobic Hollywood and... *toilet flush*

Where is he now in Hollywood when he's not keeping a brain-dead TV series on life support or milking fat grannies out of ca$h in his MPC quasi-charity pyramid scheme? Getting shit roles for his shit acting. So there.

by Anonymousreply 293June 12, 2019 2:49 PM

when passion turns to ego R293

by Anonymousreply 294June 13, 2019 9:17 AM

These threads used to go by so quickly but ppl have lost interest as it's clear Sam isn't gay. This one is nearly a month old and only at 300 posts!

Do better, Oracle and Dementor OP.

by Anonymousreply 295June 13, 2019 11:13 AM

Oh he’s gay. Gorgeous Gay Sam.

by Anonymousreply 296June 13, 2019 11:46 AM

The troll r295 can’t let go and the desperate fans are still liking the previous beards pics(wth)

It’s a stubborn bunch of homophobic OL obsessed cultists

by Anonymousreply 297June 13, 2019 12:06 PM

The " clincher " for me that he is gay came when you posted a tweet from Luke Neal, from some years ago, calling Sam "his boy ". No heterosexual men that I know would refer to their friends in this way [ perhaps a father about a son yes ] it does suggest a close personal attachment, possessive even. Yet I rarely see it mentioned in these posts.

by Anonymousreply 298June 13, 2019 12:09 PM

Yes, R298. This comment from Luke Neal calling Sam 'his boy' was very telling -when the samcait shippers and the antis were fighting against each other on Luke's page.

A few months later, Sam was forced to bury himself in the closet and Luke disappeared from Sam's side and closed his SM . Till then, Sam and Luke used to go everywhere together - from trips around the world to parties, premieres and Outlander events.If Luke were a woman, there wouldn't have been any doubt that Sam and him were a COUPLE.

After that, a new beard was hired and she started to gain popularity, followers and..... her blue ticket. How sad and homophobic was all this???? Just to straightwash Sam's image and keep his homophobic dumb fanbase happy.....((

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299June 13, 2019 1:02 PM

r293 SH was mentioned in some reviews of TSWDM (although certainly not all) and one of them described him as performing his role 'with reasonable aplomb' - yeh, not the greatest praise but better than nothing. He wasn't helped by the movie as a whole, as it just couldn't decide what it wanted to be when it grew up - comedy, spoof, prolonged car chasing with lots of pyrotechnics? And sometimes Mila Kunis gives a very wooden and monotone performance. OL has been going quite a way down the drain as masturbatory writers, Graphia in particular, go off on their own weird tangents, and from S3 SH's character has been pretty much pushed aside into sidekick for Super Claire (how the hell did Balfe get her last two GG noms, while SH was ignored for his great acting particularly in S1 and first part of S3?). I suspect he is over OL but he needs it as backup. Bloodshot could be lucrative for him but comic-book movies aren't likely to get him on the radar for broader roles. Red Notice could be different and may give him the bounce he needs. Hard to say. If it doesn't, he may struggle for roles. Meanwhile he has his adoring homophobic cultists and his money-making avenues...and his closeting.

by Anonymousreply 300June 14, 2019 12:59 AM

He will always get roles in British film, TV series and theatre. (Which is his great love) He has a career in voice over in commercials (Royal Bank of Scotland has used him a couple times now) and his modelling for Barbour. Because of his Britishness he will be OK for work. He needn’t bother with the American market IMO

by Anonymousreply 301June 14, 2019 2:19 AM

[quote]He will always get roles in British film, TV series and theatre.

R301 Not if better, younger actors are up for the parts. But I'll give you that he's a pro at shilling products.

by Anonymousreply 302June 14, 2019 10:21 AM

I think you sell him short. Because of outlander he will not run out of projects. And he’s hot as fuck. See what happens and whether he sticks more than just his toes out that closet.

by Anonymousreply 303June 14, 2019 12:21 PM

The Sam fraus all died.

by Anonymousreply 304June 14, 2019 4:25 PM

Troll, you know perfectly well that Sam fraus will actually 'die' if he comes out of the closet again.......xd

Just like it's happening with Richard Madden homophobic stans, who are closing their accounts because they can't stand the fact that he's dating another man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305June 14, 2019 6:59 PM

Sam in Alex Norouzi IG stories. June 14th, 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306June 15, 2019 4:14 PM

And who knows......it just might be filmed by the guy who “handles everything” for Sam. Alex must know him, at least since Memphis....,

by Anonymousreply 307June 15, 2019 7:06 PM

Sam and Alex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308June 16, 2019 2:12 AM

R308 that’s not Alex. That was the host/handler from the Convention Sam went to in Italy last year. :~)

by Anonymousreply 309June 16, 2019 2:54 AM

Sam is delicious in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 310June 16, 2019 3:44 AM

Thanks, R309.

That makes the pic more interesting........;)

by Anonymousreply 311June 16, 2019 4:43 AM

Let's hope those 2 had some "fun" in Rome.

by Anonymousreply 312June 16, 2019 8:51 AM

R309 that was a guy there to perform music, he’s married to a female.

by Anonymousreply 313June 16, 2019 4:59 PM

I also married a female.....xd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314June 16, 2019 6:18 PM

Sam is signing cryptozoicentertainment cards , is this a charitable thing ?

by Anonymousreply 315June 17, 2019 2:04 PM

SHIT!!!

Sam and his pretty lips.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316June 18, 2019 4:06 AM

Sam is so pretty.

by Anonymousreply 317June 18, 2019 4:22 AM

R315 I don't think so.

He's getting 2 honorary degrees for his charitable work. seems they are forgetting one tiny detail: MPC isn't a charity or foundation

by Anonymousreply 318June 18, 2019 9:30 AM

Technically MPC is charitable as it gives half its income to its charity partners Bloodwise and Marie Curie. He is also the Scotland President of Bloodwise and visits patients in Marie Curie blood cancer wards. He runs in marathons and raises money for Bloodwise and Marie Curie, auctioned himself off for that hilarious date and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for those 2 charities. He also is the voice of Cohonas Scotland for their adverts for testicular cancer. He does more than most other actors and that’s why he’s being honoured with the degrees. He is using his platform for good. He may be closeted but he’s generous with his time, his presence and his fund raising for cancer patients.

by Anonymousreply 319June 18, 2019 10:06 AM

You sad cunts

by Anonymousreply 320June 18, 2019 10:12 AM

Has Sam or any of the Outlander cast been nominated for an Emmy award this year ?

by Anonymousreply 321June 18, 2019 10:27 AM

R139 he "may be" closeted???? He's raising money for charity which is great. His company is not a charity but that is what it says in the articles mentioning him getting the degrees. Some transparancy would be nice.

by Anonymousreply 322June 18, 2019 11:49 AM

R321

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323June 18, 2019 11:53 AM

Heughans charity work is beyond impressive ., a wonderful achievement I thought MPC didn't donate half it's income to charity but rather half of the membership fees after costs { joining packs, administration, etc.} There must be considerable income from merchandise.

by Anonymousreply 324June 18, 2019 12:27 PM

Yes he is closeted [R322] it’s just the way I worded it. I believe he is in the closet obviously.

by Anonymousreply 325June 18, 2019 1:09 PM

I can’t help but feel this is all heading to a giant train wreck.........

by Anonymousreply 326June 18, 2019 4:55 PM

R326 I hear ya

by Anonymousreply 327June 18, 2019 5:21 PM

How is this ever going to end well? If it’s only about money then it’s fine but it seems to be a bit more

by Anonymousreply 328June 18, 2019 5:23 PM

R326, let's hope you are wrong.

These pics of Sam from The Young Alexander set are pure gold.

Gay from the space.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329June 18, 2019 6:39 PM

r326 your feelings are wrong

by Anonymousreply 330June 18, 2019 6:58 PM

Sam is hooking up with Electra Mustaine.

by Anonymousreply 331June 18, 2019 8:50 PM

The troll is back....

GAY Sam for her:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332June 18, 2019 10:16 PM

That certainly makes sense, Sam involved with a 20 year old blonde?

by Anonymousreply 333June 19, 2019 12:25 AM

She is now in Scotland and he likes her instagram posts

by Anonymousreply 334June 19, 2019 12:47 AM

Fuck off [334] and as for [333] I’m sure Sam would love some 20 year old dick 😜

by Anonymousreply 335June 19, 2019 12:50 AM

r333 Now,now, she's 21, not 20. They do know each other - seem to have met at a Megadeth gig in Glasgow Nov 2015 (photos of her, her parents, Heughan and a couple of others, including Steven Cree, backstage). She was also in Scotland 2016 for one of the rotating international songwriters workshops she established, and she has been there in the last couple of weeks, photos of her and her mother - looks like they are in England now, going home in a couple of days). Sadly her father was diagnosed with throat cancer two days ago and Sam tweeted his support. So yes, they seem to be friends, that's friends. As for her love life, I doubt if she is thinking of anything much else apart from her father at the moment. Good luck to Dave (Metallica was never the same after he left).

by Anonymousreply 336June 19, 2019 1:10 AM

Trolldar R331 posts.

It's clear that , deep down, this troll knows that Sam is gay but she just can't admit it so she keeps trying to link him with any living woman who is near him in Scotland/UK/LA/Hawaii......etc....etc

Marina's dog has died :(( It's weird that Sam hasn't posted anything about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337June 19, 2019 1:18 AM

R336 wrong band. I love how people know who Sam’s friends are.

by Anonymousreply 338June 19, 2019 1:21 AM

R338 is the troll again.

Yes, troll, R336 is right. Everybody -except you- knows that Sam and Dave Mustaine from Megadeth, are friends.

It's you the one who's making up imaginary hook-ups. You should know that Sam's likes in SM don't mean ANYTHING......xd

by Anonymousreply 339June 19, 2019 2:16 AM

The trolls are getting nervous for Sham Heughan. Monk Sham looks like a celibate. and his whisky shilling is in direct opposition to the the cancer prevention charity fundraising. Do Boodwise, Marie Curie and Cahonas know Sham is pushing booze?

[quote] “For cancers of the mouth, pharynx, larynx, esophagus, and liver, there is strong evidence that DNA damage is due to acetaldehyde, the carcinogenic metabolite of ethanol oxidation.” When you drink, your liver breaks down the alcohol into acetaldehyde (one reason heavy drinkers may be susceptible to liver cancer), but research now shows that high amounts of the compound can be found in the saliva as well, meaning it comes in contact with the mouth and throat, increasing the risk of DNA damage that could lead to cancer-causing mutations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340June 19, 2019 6:15 AM

Hypocrite Heughan hawking hooch...

[quote]I set up the Great Glen Company to produce products that I believe in, using my heritage and passion as inspiration We are currently working on my brand of whisky with our first announcement due soon. First stop is obviously the lifelong dream to having my own dram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341June 19, 2019 6:40 AM

Money always comes first it seems.

by Anonymousreply 342June 19, 2019 7:45 AM

R337 if they are close friends(?) I assume he would send her a personal message or that he would've called her

by Anonymousreply 343June 19, 2019 7:47 AM

I agree. He doesn’t have to acknowledge the dog dying on social media. . He would personally call a good friend. Maybe he attended the dogs euthanasia with her.

by Anonymousreply 344June 19, 2019 8:26 AM

There is something distasteful about a man who wants to be acknowledged as a serious actor selling alcohol to his audience.. He has millions of people [ potential customers !! ] world wide following him and fanatical fans who would slavishly buy anything he produces. . It appears they will be fully exploited.

by Anonymousreply 345June 19, 2019 10:19 AM

R345, agreed. He is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 346June 19, 2019 10:23 AM

Sham has been shilling swill for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347June 19, 2019 11:15 AM

Sam is so good in those commercials. He is such a great guy. Great actor, kind, generous, has help thousands of people between his MPC program and people with cancer and for some strange reason you people love to tear him apart. I can only think it is jealousy because there is no other reason to do so.

by Anonymousreply 348June 19, 2019 12:08 PM

R348 The homophobic ConTROLLing Troll is calling us "you people" and defending hypocrite Heughan. Fuck off, brainwashed granny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349June 19, 2019 12:31 PM

Heughan is obviously a great guy , kind , hard working and with a well developed social conscience but I still think the criticism of manipulation of his fans on social media is a valid one

by Anonymousreply 350June 19, 2019 12:53 PM

It seems that certain trolls are making a comeback. Did HE ever leave?.........xdd

'Shatner' is talking about what does Sam's mouth taste like..........Obsessed much?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351June 19, 2019 3:38 PM

Sam professed his love glfpr Nashville. That’s where Electra M lives.

by Anonymousreply 352June 19, 2019 4:59 PM

*for 🤣

by Anonymousreply 353June 19, 2019 4:59 PM

Every week, these trolls drop a new name which proves, once again, that they are lying and are desperate, lol

Sam was hiding and sharing his suite hotel with another man during that trip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354June 19, 2019 6:05 PM

r354. Nothing to ad. I believe, that this is a true story .

by Anonymousreply 355June 20, 2019 12:32 AM

I think there is often a guy around, he’s just being hidden.

by Anonymousreply 356June 20, 2019 1:58 AM

Yep. The boyfriend is hidden in full view. He’s seen without being seen. One of the guys. It’s what I’ve always thought.

by Anonymousreply 357June 20, 2019 4:23 AM

r357. What about the guy in the airport pic, standing in between Sam and Caitriona? The pic taken, when they were on their trip for the Emmy panel a couple of weeks ago?

by Anonymousreply 358June 20, 2019 7:28 AM

r358 That was James McAvoy, he was on the same flight and was also Sam’s mentor at RCS

by Anonymousreply 359June 20, 2019 7:57 AM

R351 it's probably Camuso who tweeted this and who has longer for Sam since he first laid eyes on him(if you ask me)

Is Paul Telfer gay?

by Anonymousreply 360June 20, 2019 2:39 PM

*longed

by Anonymousreply 361June 20, 2019 2:39 PM

This thread is dead since the ugly Pr Oracle went to the Brandon and Richard thread.

by Anonymousreply 362June 20, 2019 2:42 PM

oh troll you keep picking on the same person. Go back to tumblr and accept that Sam is GAY

by Anonymousreply 363June 20, 2019 3:00 PM

r363. Hi my dear. Even on tumblr there is no place for the troll left.

Looks like OL production has some issues going on. Way behind the time table with filming, long time involved people leaving in the middle of the production. Money issues due to Brexit discussion?

by Anonymousreply 364June 20, 2019 5:31 PM

[quote] it's probably Camuso who tweeted this and who has longer for Sam since he first laid eyes on him(if you ask me)Is Paul Telfer gay?

Paul knows what Sam's mouth tastes like....And he proposed Sam the day when #lovewon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365June 20, 2019 6:05 PM

SamHeughan : #lovewins

June 26 2015

Paul Telfer @SamHeughan: Let's get married!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366June 20, 2019 6:18 PM

r364 how do you know all this?

by Anonymousreply 367June 20, 2019 6:42 PM

Paul tefler is married to a woman tho.

by Anonymousreply 368June 20, 2019 10:36 PM

Paul Tefler is not gay he just jokes with Sam

by Anonymousreply 369June 21, 2019 12:55 AM

[quote]Sam has congratulated on Twitter the kilted yoga dude who has proposed to his boyfriend. And retweeted Diana Gabaldons congrats to the guys.

[quote]Is Sunken Sam coming up for a breath of fresh Pride?

Sam's posts in Pride Month 2019.

by Anonymousreply 370June 21, 2019 1:59 AM

Last evening, Sam was at a private event in Buckingham Palace.

I wonder how did Sam perform with the RCS ballet and musicians......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371June 21, 2019 6:33 PM

Couldn’t he just have been in the audience???

by Anonymousreply 372June 21, 2019 7:02 PM

He did a twirl !!

by Anonymousreply 373June 21, 2019 7:07 PM

He was the host ( although, he would be dying to do a twirl, lol)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374June 21, 2019 7:47 PM

H R H likes to involve entertainers with the " common touch " in his charitable foundation work [ think of Ant and Dec ], helps him reach a wider audience and of course they must be very flattered to be asked. Wouldn't be surprised to see SH turning up and lending his support to all sorts of semi Royal charity events, especially in Scotland. The prince may see Heughan as someone he can work with and involve in , all his many charitable efforts.

by Anonymousreply 375June 21, 2019 7:55 PM

Luke at the gym yesterday:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376June 22, 2019 12:17 AM

Sorry, wrong thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377June 22, 2019 12:20 AM

r371 Sam's still having tie troubles at gala events, I see.

by Anonymousreply 378June 22, 2019 3:59 AM

R378 lol, true. Why does he pick such lousy stylists??? it's not like he can't afford a good one

by Anonymousreply 379June 22, 2019 7:13 AM

aren't there any rumours yet that he's dating the mezzo soprano on the pic? it doesn't matter that she looks old enough to be his mom right. She's a blonde so she must be his type:p

by Anonymousreply 380June 22, 2019 7:45 AM

No rumours till sh's signed J. Allens contract

by Anonymousreply 381June 22, 2019 1:40 PM

Royal Sam at BP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382June 23, 2019 12:52 AM

I wonder how does Sam feel, as he’s invited to perform at these prestigious events. His talent and charity work have opened doors, but he’s still outwardly living a lie, having to pretend he’s something he’s not in front of royalty, peers and students. Is he setting an example to the students coming after him that this is ok. Is there guilt or shame in his lies anymore

by Anonymousreply 383June 23, 2019 8:46 AM

He’s outwardly single. Private life Private. He recently said he would like to keep his private life private for as long as possible. The only group who believe him to be attached are deluded shippers with a slither of brain between them. So he’s not pretending to be something he’s not because he’s not currently bearding. Drama students and actors he mingles with know he’s gay. He’s not lying? The one interview I saw where he was asked about a girlfriend he deflected the question and bought up his Mum as an answer. Guilt or shame? I sincerely hope he doesn’t feel guilt or shame. I understand him keeping his BF private. None of us know if we would be open like Luke Evans or private like Heughan in a public role open to scrutiny.

by Anonymousreply 384June 23, 2019 10:09 AM

Forgot to add that in his public role if he comes out of the closet then it would look like lying as he’s done the denial interview and led the shippers along the path. I can see it ending badly.

by Anonymousreply 385June 23, 2019 10:19 AM

I don't blame him a bit wanting to keep his private life private [in which recent interview did he say that ?] However when you are famous people/press speculate and he does use his fame for both charitable and personal commercial purposes. My point is , can he have it both ways, private when he wants- interest when he needs it. I don't think so. I would speculate that kind of life requires endless and exhausting vigilance and what amounts to manipulation of both fans and the media I don't envy him and think it's a hard path he's chosen.

by Anonymousreply 386June 23, 2019 12:18 PM

Yes I agree it would be exhausting hiding your personal life and partner. So much simpler to be up front. But I understand the need and the right to privacy. It was a recent interview in the past 12 months. He said he’d still like his personal like to remain private.

by Anonymousreply 387June 23, 2019 12:43 PM

There Sam goes, liking Electra’s IG post again. New beard. What’s the big deal? An almost 20 year age difference.

by Anonymousreply 388June 23, 2019 3:40 PM

[quote]None of us know if we would be open like Luke Evans or private like Heughan in a public role open to scrutiny.

R384 Don't presume to speak for the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 389June 23, 2019 3:44 PM

[quote]I don't blame him a bit wanting to keep his private life private [in which recent interview did he say that ?] However when you are famous people/press speculate and he does use his fame for both charitable and personal commercial purposes. My point is , can he have it both ways, private when he wants- interest when he needs it. I don't think so. I would speculate that kind of life requires endless and exhausting vigilance and what amounts to manipulation of both fans and the media I don't envy him and think it's a hard path he's chosen.

R386 wins the thread *applause*

by Anonymousreply 390June 23, 2019 3:46 PM

I’ll speak for myself then. I have in the past kept my private life private from my work. I freely say I have a same sex partner now ( we are married anyway) If you’ve always been open good for you. Fabulous. Some of us have been surrounded by homophobes at times and marriage was not always legal.

by Anonymousreply 391June 23, 2019 7:43 PM

R391 indeed, this is reality. Happy you are out and married now. Hopefully we can say the same thing about Sam in the near future.....

I can't believe he's starting the light bearding again, with a 21 years old daughter of Mustaine nonetheless. Barely legal....how is that a good look? He's still liking his former beard's posts too. I understand his need for privacy and I agree with R386 too. I don't think he can have it both ways in the end. What type of person can keep that up? Just the idea of having to live like makes me tired.

by Anonymousreply 392June 24, 2019 10:38 AM

why is there no distinction between friends and bearding? he Does have friends and he does like their posts. I don't understand why as soon as he likes someone post others decide it must be a beard.

by Anonymousreply 393June 24, 2019 11:14 AM

because the beards have usually been young fit fake blondes.....it seems like they are supposed to be his type

by Anonymousreply 394June 24, 2019 1:45 PM

R393 is right. Only his gullible homophobic fangirls would believe that. They are desperate to give Sam a FAKE gf.....lol

Sam's real type :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395June 24, 2019 1:57 PM

Sam, traveling around the world wth his type of man, Luke Neal :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396June 24, 2019 2:08 PM

Connor Jessup comes out publicly...

[quote] knew I was gay when I was thirteen, but I hid it for years. I folded it and slipped it under the rest of my emotional clutter. Not worth the hassle. No one will care anyway. If I can just keep making it smaller, smaller, smaller.... My shame took the form of a shrug, but it was shame. I’m a white, cis man from an upper-middle class liberal family. Acceptance was never a question. But still, suspended in all this privilege, I balked. It took me years. It’s ongoing. I’m saying this now because I have conspicuously not said it before. I’ve been out for years in my private life, but never quite publicly. I’ve played that tedious game. Most painfully, I’ve talked about the gay characters I’ve played from a neutral, almost anthropological distance, as if they were separate from me. These evasions are bizarre and embarrassing to me now, but at the time they were natural. Discretion was default, and it seemed benign. It would be presumptuous to assume anyone would care, yeah? And anyway, why should I have to say anything? What right do strangers have to the intimate details of my life? These and other background whispers––new, softer forms of the same voices from when I was thirteen, fourteen, fifteen.... Shame can come heavy and loud, but it can come quiet too; it can take cover behind comfort and convenience. But it’s always violent. For me, this discretion has become airless. I don’t want to censor––consciously or not––the ways I talk, sit, laugh, or dress, the stories I tell, the jokes I make, my points of reference and connection. I don’t want to be complicit, even peripherally, in the idea that being gay is a problem to be solved or hushed. I’m grateful to be gay. Queerness is a solution. It’s a promise against cliche and solipsism and blandness; it’s a tilted head and an open window. I value more everyday the people, movies, books, and music that open me to it. If you’re gay, bi, trans, two-spirit or questioning, if you’re confused, if you’re in pain or you feel you’re alone, if you aren’t or you don’t: You make the world more surprising and bearable. To all the queers, deviants, misfits, and lovers in my life: I love you. I love you. Happy Pride!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397June 24, 2019 3:48 PM

Meant to say "Related" above, but see how easily it's done on SM? Sunken Sam could just post on his own IG, restore his integrity, free himself from enslavement to the Hollywood Shame Factory and recoup the fat $alary he's been paying Jennifer Allen to make him look ridiculous...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398June 24, 2019 3:58 PM

He blew his one big play for Hollywood heartthrob status so nothing to lose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399June 24, 2019 5:30 PM

It’s brunette roulette all around today. 2 possible new girls with SH.

by Anonymousreply 400June 24, 2019 11:23 PM

r400 Yes. At first sight this seems to be the same old pattern - fan sightings and postings, names being fed by DM/anon posting into multiple blogs on the same day. Let's hope it's not another beard roll-out and it may just be a few fans getting carried away and Heughan just meeting a friend (no photo so he may not even have been there), but if it IS the same old pattern, his PR team doesn't seem to have learned much - a lot of responses in that weird tumblr world are expressing derision and references to Groundhog Day.

by Anonymousreply 401June 25, 2019 1:52 AM

R400, the lie that his PR team wants to spread among Sam's homophobic and gullible fandom is that he is a player, not gay......LOL

R401 Yes, it's the same old pattern.

- TODAY, a new potential fake gf name was dropped in several peoples DMs ; she (a Spanish actress) attended the Royal event at Buckingham Palace but she has waited to post the latergram (a pic of her and Prince Charles) till TODAY;

- At the SAME time, TODAY, also a Spanish 'writer' has posted a sighting of Sam in Madrid WITHOUT pics (this person claims that she couldn't take the phone off from her handbag and couldn't take pics) This writer 'casually' has published a story and one of her characters is based on ........Sam Heughan!!! Of course, she has tagged the name of her novel and the character in her IG post. *ROLLSEYES* );

- Posts about a new bearding have been being quickly deleted from the Spanish actress IG.

But these nasty comments about The Royal Family and 'Perv' Prince Charles, have been left.......

[quote]The Royals are despicable human beings... They should be shunned, they rape and pillage the planet, I thought you were all about conservation but I suppose not.

by Anonymousreply 402June 25, 2019 3:46 AM

R402 Thanks for the recap and taking one for the team. You've saved the rest of us from having to slog through another stinking heap o' BS.

by Anonymousreply 403June 25, 2019 4:29 AM

He is just a womanizer. If the number of girls he is dating now is revealed, his reputation will change to the worst.

by Anonymousreply 404June 25, 2019 4:45 AM

R404 Uh, no, troll, we're pretty sure Heughan is a Kinsey 6 but thanks for playing our game!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405June 25, 2019 4:57 AM

He is so gay that you can see it from the space and all the new PR fuckery that has started today -too many Spanish 'coincidences', the usual name dropping in inboxes, the timing of the latergram, the usual gay scrubbing.....-isn't going to change Sam's obvious gayness.

Well done, R405. More GAY Sam for the dumb troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406June 25, 2019 5:15 AM

[R404] he has NEVER dated a woman in his life. There is not one woman in the world that has ever been his girlfriend because he’s gay!!!! Surprisingly gay guys don’t date girls.

by Anonymousreply 407June 25, 2019 10:55 AM

More about the new PR fuckery that is being pushed by some Spanish Outlander -homophobic- sites and the usual suspects- also, homophobic ex-SHAMzies. Poor MM, lol

[quote]The Inés who are spreading thIs fake narrative are some spanish fans groups on Twitter and Facebook without any single proof he was in Spain besides the"fan"writer ig. Mission acomplished.

[quote]This writer/fan has no idea who the girl is until she is provided with the information

[quote]While I am considering the writer herself belongs to some Spanish Tribe of fans famous for their Sam only tendencies I also believe S may play the game himself and post about Madrid.We will see. Thursday is gonna be interesting.

[quote]I saw the sighting is perfectly timed with a name leaked to the fandom. I can’t believe we have fallen for this fucking game yet again.

[quote]The writer/fan continues to answer questions on her post. She must not have seen this amount of traffic in her IG ever!! See how this work? Does it ring a bell?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408June 25, 2019 3:20 PM

Heughan may be a classic Kinsey 6 but he appears to have a history of forming , close platonic friendships with and having empathy in general towards women I imagine he would make a loyal friend to either sex. Connor Jessops post on his homosexuality was one of the most heartrendingly moving things I have read too date on this site. I applaud him

by Anonymousreply 409June 25, 2019 3:47 PM

If he were hetero it should’t look so messy and hard to be with a female. Especially at his age. Much bigger celebrities do it far easier.

by Anonymousreply 410June 25, 2019 5:34 PM

Sorry forgot to say it was brave.....above all Brave !!

by Anonymousreply 411June 25, 2019 6:03 PM

R411 agree

R408 thank you for the summary. Why do they feel Thursday is going to be interesting?

by Anonymousreply 412June 25, 2019 6:58 PM

r412 His honory degree from a couple of years ago founded "University" nobody outside Scotland has every heard before.

OK. This was the rude explanation.

by Anonymousreply 413June 25, 2019 7:53 PM

Will Doctor Sam tell to the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland students that, like him, they can be openly gay while studying or being an unknown theatre actor in UK but if they want to make it in Hollywood, they'll have to bury themselves in the closet?

From previous threads:

[quote]"I started watching Outlander last year and commented on Facebook how much I enjoyed it. My cousin private messaged me and was like "I went to RCS with Heughan,remember?" , I didn't because my cousin isn't in the acting/directing game anymore and is now working as a "civilian", so I'd completely forgotten he went to the Conservatoire as its now called. I commented that I thought he was lovely and he'd have to intro me when I was next in Scotland (I was saying this jokingly,I'm married.) and he replied "Sorry to burst your bubble, gorgeous as you are, I don't think you've got what he's looking for if you know what I mean..."

[quote]"And he was like "He's gay. I don't know why this is a thing. I'm sure he's photographed with women, I've seen him around home with women. He is gay. He just is. Didnt know he was saying otherwise. Weird to try and hide it now. Bit of a risk this late in the game."

by Anonymousreply 414June 25, 2019 8:05 PM

r414. Sorry, may be I explained it wrong. He is getting a honory degree from the Universität of Stirling.

by Anonymousreply 415June 25, 2019 8:53 PM

You are right. It's Stirling and also, Sam will receive an honorary doctorate at the University of Glasgow’s on July 3, in recognition of his artistic success and his charitable work. And I think it's great for him.

But, as I posted in R414, it also matters that Doctor Sam and his PR team keep promoting the closeting, manipulating the fandom, pushing the lies, PR games and innuendos with new fake gfs from different continents every single week...... It makes him look ridiculous and dishonest. Not a good image.

Meanwhile, Sam's poor boyfriends have had to go underground and disappeared from SM.......:((

Sam and Luke; Cait and her fiancé Tony:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416June 26, 2019 2:53 AM

Still I don't understand what's going to be interesting about him receiving the degree on Thursday....I mean I don't expect he will bring a beard

by Anonymousreply 417June 26, 2019 7:38 AM

[413] universities in Scotland are good enough for Prince William and Cate Middleton. And other hob nobs from England. So people outside of Scotland have heard of these universities because they send their sons and daughters to Scotland’s universities.

by Anonymousreply 418June 26, 2019 10:06 AM

So we shouldn't expect that Sam likes pride-related posts, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419June 26, 2019 11:23 PM

I wonder if Sam’s life was this exciting before he was famous?

by Anonymousreply 420June 26, 2019 11:27 PM

For Fucks Sake...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421June 26, 2019 11:41 PM

he looks high on the pics at Stirling Uni wonder how much he's enjoying all this....

by Anonymousreply 422June 27, 2019 4:31 PM

r422 Mhmm. I am not so sure, that his accepting speech was outstanding. Whoever it wrote, him or his PR staff did obviously not hit the right tone.

The people behind him, listening to him seemed to be bored or uninterested.

So, have look for yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423June 28, 2019 10:50 PM

Sorry guys. Obviously you also have to listen to Susan Boyle. Sorry with the wrong link.

by Anonymousreply 424June 28, 2019 10:59 PM

R423 agree that the speech is horrible! Why would he say these negative things about acting and himself. Even if there’s some truth to it for him.

“You’ll regret it”, “actors take what they can get”, “I was never academic etc

by Anonymousreply 425June 29, 2019 2:00 AM

oh wait! only you can say things about him?

and he was joking. ever hear of a joke? you didn't like his jokes? so what, do you think he cares what any of you think here?

by Anonymousreply 426June 29, 2019 2:55 AM

I'm sure it was meant to be funny but people weren't laughing. I didn't think it was funny either. He looked a bit uncomfortable and I felt a bit embarrassed for him with the bad speech.

by Anonymousreply 427June 29, 2019 7:29 AM

it was a hard crowd. I thought quite a bit of it was funny. He got thru it and he's fine

by Anonymousreply 428June 29, 2019 10:41 AM

He admitted to writing the speech the night before. He disrespected the institution and himself and kind of pissed all over both. Nothing inspiring for the students to take away. Irresponsible and just icky. I'll bet Stirling regrets they gave it to him.

by Anonymousreply 429June 29, 2019 3:18 PM

R421, my gaydar just exploded, lol

The only woman in Sam's life: his mother Chrissie, who was with him at the Stirling Uni ceremony:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430June 30, 2019 12:56 AM

Sam having fun with Duncan and gorgeous David Berry today in Glasgow.

Sam Heughan IG stories , June 29th 2019:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431June 30, 2019 1:22 AM

Folks, a couple of weeks ago I ran into a young friend who was back in our country on a break from LA, where he is on an acting scholarship after doing training and some acting here. For background he is in his early 20s and came out when he was 14. While he's been studying and work shopping etc in LA he's picked up a bit of work but he has no illusions about being a 'star'. He just wants to make the most of his opportunity to train up, and then head for the East coast and try for a bit of theatre work. He is not comfortable in LA as everything is all fake and PR all the time - not his scene. He has no intention of closeting or bearding, even though he has been repeatedly advised that it would really help him get work. One of the casting guys he was talking to a while ago said that many actors did it, it wasn't unusual. The guy mentioned that he'd done some work with OL and said that that guy Heughan was gay. Now there are a few unknowns here - when did the casting guy work with OL, what was his role, how long did it last etc. and of course was he lying (can't be ruled out but my mate certainly believed him). Heughan wasn't a topic of conversation for us, his name just came up, and that is all that was said by my mate, no more, no less. FWIW.

by Anonymousreply 432June 30, 2019 9:59 PM

R432 HA, like you have friends, that is clearly delusional

by Anonymousreply 433June 30, 2019 10:03 PM

R432 Interesting, thanks, and hey the SpazPurvMuso troll @ R433 immediately responded with abuse which suggests that you're speaking truth.

by Anonymousreply 434June 30, 2019 11:06 PM

[quote] The guy mentioned that he'd done some work with OL and said that that guy Heughan was gay

Thanks for your info, R432. We could do a recap with all the receipts that have being posted in these threads about Heughan being gay ;))

by Anonymousreply 435June 30, 2019 11:09 PM

Related: It's June 30, 2019 and WorldPride Closing Ceremony is happening in NYC. Be there or be Times Square...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436June 30, 2019 11:17 PM

R436 thanks for sharing!

R432 I am not surprised, might be an agency where Mackenzie was also connected too???

by Anonymousreply 437July 1, 2019 8:28 AM

So many looks and faces.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438July 2, 2019 1:31 AM

Why can't he find a shirt that fits??

by Anonymousreply 439July 2, 2019 11:01 PM

R439

Just like this.......xd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440July 3, 2019 4:38 AM

PING, PING, PING in today's ceremony....................................

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441July 3, 2019 4:07 PM

R439 Apt metaphor.

by Anonymousreply 442July 3, 2019 4:11 PM

r435. And who has the spare time to collect and post all this? This is something for a retired elder gay somewhere at a sunny place.

by Anonymousreply 443July 3, 2019 9:12 PM

The posters from another DL threads are helping us....xd

R136 from the Richard Madden & Brandon Flynn: Part 46.-

[quote]R135 we bumped into Sam Heughan a while back in a Starbucks in London and he heavily pinged on the old gaydar, quite surprised he’s having to tout himself as 100% straight!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444July 3, 2019 10:41 PM

Think bearding is no longer an option.

by Anonymousreply 445July 3, 2019 11:39 PM

You'd have to be beyond desperate to beard for Heughan.

by Anonymousreply 446July 4, 2019 3:00 AM

r446 -- or just plain nuts; both of which this last one was/is.

by Anonymousreply 447July 4, 2019 4:05 AM

R444.... [quote]Think bearding is no longer an option

Let's hope you're right.

R447, I think that's why they were trying to change the pattern with the last name dropping.

by Anonymousreply 448July 4, 2019 4:33 AM

Has he mentioned any film projects coming up when season 5 has finished filming? Shouldn't think he's given up on the dream to become an A list H L W star yet. Thought I heard mention of Dunne. Would he follow in the path of Hiddleston and other A listers who have been cast in big budget TV productions, like The Night Manager. Done well, far more prestigious than bad films like The Spy Who Dumped me. Perhaps he would consider it no progression from OL. What about the Theatre , it's supposed to be his first love.? Might he slip back into being a philanthropist and business man after all he's getting rather "long in the tooth " to play the romantic lead !!

by Anonymousreply 449July 4, 2019 1:51 PM

R449 maybe his first love is and was always money....or so it seems now anyway.

by Anonymousreply 450July 4, 2019 4:58 PM

MARY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451July 4, 2019 5:39 PM

Was his mother the only family member who came to see Heughan accept his degree? What about his brother Cirdan or his nephew, or his uncle or any personal friends?

by Anonymousreply 452July 4, 2019 8:56 PM

r449. His last job outside OL "SAS Red Notice" is a co production of: (source: public legal german TV channel ZDF):

"Parabolic Pictures, Ingenious Media, The Electric Shadow Company, Silver Reel Partners, Altitude Film Entertainment, Sky Cinema, Creavity Media, Hero Squared and Rosebud kft in Koproduktion mit dem ZDF".

So probably will never hit the big screen.

This is reality for gay actor Sam Heughan at those days. It is not the worst thing, that can happen to a long time struggling actor in the closet. close to his 40ths with tendency to hair loss. He is a very lucky guy in the moment earning his money for a whealthy rest of his life.

Giving him two honory doctorates in between one week was probably a little bit over the top. But, may be it is a consequence of bringing Scotland to attention for tourists. Without OL his MPC, which no doubt is a good programm for small money, would have left the borders of Glasgow.

His Barbour thing only worked, cause some girls from the marketing department felt in love with him. The other model guys were always much more better and manly in their looks. BTW, heard or saw nothing in the last couple of months. This "First Barbour Ambassador" thing died very silent.

by Anonymousreply 453July 4, 2019 9:22 PM

I remember when the homophobic Gay Sam is Gay, Let's Out Him threads went by at the rate of one every few days. But the ancient OP and the German Oracle became too infirm to post, and this thread is dead as Straight Sam's career.

by Anonymousreply 454July 5, 2019 4:06 AM

R454 is our homophobic resident troll who must be drunk, lol

This discussion is very active and still, the most watched thread in Datalounge.

As I said in R444, the posters from other DL threads are also talking about Sam pinging to high heaven . These people are far, very far from being homophobic....xd

R136 from the Richard Madden & Brandon Flynn: Part 46.-

[quote] we bumped into Sam Heughan a while back in a Starbucks in London and he heavily pinged on the old gaydar, quite surprised he’s having to tout himself as 100% straight!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455July 5, 2019 5:10 AM

Heughan seems to me to be a conflicted personality. An introvert who likes showing off. Does this describe actors in general ? Just re reading an interview he did in August 2014, on the cusp of fame then. "I have no interest in the celerity side or people knowing who I am " So different from his Holly wood fame seeking, whisky promoting social media persona of today !

by Anonymousreply 456July 5, 2019 11:53 PM

R454 And now you have to register these crazed cunts will not have 2 bucks to join.

YES THE END IS NIGH

by Anonymousreply 457July 6, 2019 12:00 AM

r449 The new "Dune" is pretty much cast - at least the featured roles. The one from the '80's (with Kyle McLaughlin and Sting) was campy-awful.

by Anonymousreply 458July 6, 2019 1:40 AM

r453 "Red Notice" may not get a theatrical release; but it'll surely be released on DVD or digital eventually. SH has enough fans in the US alone to scarf it up in meaningful numbers. It has a pretty good cast; and the book it's based on is a very exciting paramilitary thriller. It ought to be way better than that POS movie SH did as a favor to a friend that was funded by Dr. Oz in return for giving his daughter the female lead. THAT sucked. Yet at one time it was in the top 200 on Amazon although it never had any kind of meaningful theatrical distribution.

by Anonymousreply 459July 6, 2019 1:53 AM

Related: While homophobic Hollywood uses marketing to repressive countries as an excuse to continue closeting gay actors and stifling our representation brave filmmakers continue finding ways to tell the stories of LGBT people around the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460July 6, 2019 2:01 AM

What is a POS movie R 453 ?. Do you mean Emultion or When The Starlight Ends. Loved Emultion, thought he was cast to his strengths, a kind of " yearning confident innocence " he does rather well. Much the same quality he brought to the first series of OL. Would love to see When The Starlight Ends, bought the DVD but my player's not compatible. Can't find it on Amazon Prime

by Anonymousreply 461July 6, 2019 10:15 AM

Barbour ads really get Sam........;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462July 6, 2019 1:49 PM

Sam is enjoying the Pride Parade in London. There are many fanpics with him.

I guess more PR BS is coming........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463July 6, 2019 11:51 PM

In R402, I posted a recap of what happened on June 26: name dropping, suspicious 'sighting' without pics......

And a couple of days ago, the innuendo started again. The same SHAMzie pattern: broadcasting that she was going to London (a real gf would NEVER do that); liking the same Scottish landscape; the SHAMzie queen troll is back (ex-beard MM is already forgotten), the homophobic stans are spreading the rumor....(btw, I thought Sam's Spanish fangirls were more open minded but they are as homophobic as the rest of the Outlander fandom).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464July 7, 2019 12:55 AM

r464 Here we go again.....

by Anonymousreply 465July 7, 2019 1:48 AM

r462 It's "When the Starlight Ends," and it seems to be available free to view by Amazon Prime members. It really is pretty awful, although to be fair SH is far from the worst thing about it (that's not saying much). The best performance is turned in by a Golden Retriever. I agree with you that "Emulsion" is a light-years-better film of his.

by Anonymousreply 466July 7, 2019 4:15 AM

R464 wasn't he supposed to be linked to the spanish actress? supposedly she was there at the pride..... who is this Kerry?

at least he wasn't only taking pics with the regular female fans yesterday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467July 7, 2019 9:04 AM

So let's see - in the last five months we've had: in February the Hailey TunaBrat video in Hawaii; in March Minka Kelly being photographed at the bar at a play with him; in May a fan stating that a beautiful blonde girl was with him in Skye/Edinburgh/Glasgow, and they were "looking cute" and he was "looking very happy" and "being very attentive to her" (this may or may not have been a blonde Yoga teacher he apparently met in Hawaii in Feb/Mar); in June a fan stating that he was in Madrid with a very pretty brunette woman, possibly the LA-based Spanish actress who had also been at the Buckingham Palace soiree, and they were "looking cute" and he was being "attentive", and in July a fan stating that a beautiful woman, possibly the Spanish actress who had posted that she was going to be in London, was with him at the Pride Parade (perhaps he was looking cute and being very attentive this time too?). Some of this could well be over-enthusiastic elements in his fandom getting carried away, but overall it does have a sniff of manipulation and innuendo, as he would know full well by now that some of the fans he was photographed with would post and comment, even embroidering details along the way. For the moment, perhaps there's a focus on an image as a hetero player, although another chapter of bearding can't be ruled out. Must get a bit tiring.

by Anonymousreply 468July 8, 2019 2:54 AM

Could just have been one of his agents. He took one with him when he received his doctorate, imagine they become friends.

by Anonymousreply 469July 8, 2019 9:15 AM

And on it goes - apparently a photo in a private (but leaky) FB account of Heughan at the Pride event holding hands with a woman who strangely was mostly cropped out of the picture, but hey, she has a tattoo like the Spanish actress reportedly has. And an IG post from Heughan showing a matador, whose head is that of a bull, standing over a (real) slain bull. Spain - got it? This one seems a bit bizarre even for Heughan. And according to some tumbler-ites, Heughan's presence at the Pride parade proves absolutely that he can't possibly be gay, because closeted gay men wouldn't go anywhere near the parade, would they? Really? I know three who did just that. This guy is gorgeous, talented, has avenues opening for him, public acknowledgement of his charity associations etc - he doesn't need this hetero PR circus.

by Anonymousreply 470July 9, 2019 12:25 PM

a link?

by Anonymousreply 471July 9, 2019 12:43 PM

r471 hope this works (haven't paste an image here before). The image has now been deleted from the FB account. Some are saying it's a manipulated image as his clothes and hair are different to what he was wearing / looking like at the Pride parade (the shirt is certainly different) , and they say the swollen size of his left hand means it was photoshopped (it does look a bit out of proportion but then again he does have large hands). The extremely odd matador image is on his IG stories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472July 9, 2019 1:56 PM

Weird ,that hand looks completely wrong.More manipulation of fans/public perception of him. Can't help thinking it will end badly.

by Anonymousreply 473July 9, 2019 4:04 PM

This PR seems 'heavy handed' indeed.

by Anonymousreply 474July 10, 2019 7:06 AM

can't believe his PR people are going this far, probably the work of fans. Otherwise it's another new low

by Anonymousreply 475July 10, 2019 11:26 AM

Yeh, lets hope that rather than his own PR lot, it is fans trying to 'help' him sell a hetero narrative through their photo shopping - very clumsy, the engorged hand looks painful and he looks silly. There's still that bull-headed matador image posted on samheuighanigstories (presumably by him?). It's a zoom-in of a 2005 work called "Bully for you" by Abigail Lane (she's brilliant but very dark). Some art commentators think it is an anti-bullfighting piece - some speculation that he's supporting Balfe with her recent post on cruelty in Spain to wild horses. Hmmm, maybe. Making innuendo that he has a new Spanish 'gf'? again, maybe. Or something else entirely? All a bit odd. Bring back the gym workout shots.

by Anonymousreply 476July 10, 2019 2:11 PM

It seems like another round of bearding is coming up with the Spanish actress. I just doesn't seem credible esp not if he met her for the first time at Buckingham Palace

by Anonymousreply 477July 11, 2019 1:06 PM

Have his, for a lot of money, hired PR-guys nothing learned from the past. Not gotten a small clue that the PR-strategy they follow was already outdated five years ago?

Or is it gay actor Sam Heughan himself doing his bearding PR narrative now?

He is obviously still a client of Jennifer Allen, we saw her "rottweiling" him not so long ago. He pays a personal assistent (funny, they are always female) at home.

But wtf, why was there not anybody around him, co-redacting his very, really very awful meanless speech for his first honory degree? All this paid guys around knew, that he had to give an acception speech. BTW, no good idea to accept two honory degrees in less than 10 days. This makes both sides look fame thirsty.

And they leave him alone and accepted, that he wrote named speech in the night before?

Did all this becoming famous thing, the closeting, denying being gay and the bearding also caught a breakup with his gay pals?

So. He is really a loner, the guy who stays at his 5* hotel in Memphis suite the whole time hiding and having a guy "who handled all"?

In the meantime even the last standing Tumblr accounts die like flies or are openly discussing his gayness.

What a mess and really depressing.

by Anonymousreply 478July 11, 2019 8:20 PM

Be a witness, how my just invented gift to the english language: "to rottweil" will become a household verb.

After Diana calling Camilla a "Rottweiler" nobody hat the idea to create the matching verb.

OK. I did today.

by Anonymousreply 479July 11, 2019 8:38 PM

Well, well, what a surprise - Ochoa has a Starz connection. She attended, and was photographed at, the Starz Outlander Premiere at Comic-Con in San Diego in 2014, so she is not unknown to them. Given that the chatter about Heughan being gay has been ongoing and even intensifying, she may well have got a call, was available and agreed to help out. Or JA did it, whatever. All seems more than a little manipulated, and still the same old pattern - name fed into FB account and then dropped into blog accounts, followings on SM, the 'couple' spotted by a fan (no photos) in the same location (Madrid, being 'cute' and 'very attentive', just the same as he was supposed to have behaved with some mystery blonde in May in Edinburgh), broadcasting that the newbie will be in the same location as him (London), fan spotting but again no photos, then she flies out. The supposed photo of the 'couple' holding hands that was posted by a fan is hilarious. As r472 shows, not only was Heughan's supposed 'gf' cropped out, but the clumsily photo shopped hand-hold is actually from a full image of Justin Timberlake holding hands with Jessica Biel - exactly the same very unusual hand grip. (I would attach the JT/JB photo but it didn't work - it's on a few tumblr sites). Not surprising that the Heughan/'gf' fake one has been deleted from the FB page. Wonder when he will debut this next 'gf'- Just Jared is probably on standby. God, if he feels he has to closet, well then bloody well closet, but at least cut out the bizarre bearding.

by Anonymousreply 480July 12, 2019 12:46 AM

Is it Spain for the Weekend?

by Anonymousreply 481July 12, 2019 12:47 PM

Is the woman in his IG story(at some kind of Audi festival), the spanish actress? so this is how they want to make him look hetero? he's being seen with a different woman at every event he attends

by Anonymousreply 482July 13, 2019 7:01 AM

R478 agree with you on the speech.....

by Anonymousreply 483July 13, 2019 7:11 AM

Thought the slightly rambling speech, with it's rather " homespun " quality charming. I'm finding it totally engrossing but at the same time horribly sad to watch Heughan engage in persistent positioning and manipulation of his [ sexual ] image through social media. Downright dishonesty really but have to admit being seen with a string of nubile hopefuls is more credible than a single girlfriend who lives on another continent . Is Jennifer Allen beginning to earn her fat fees?

by Anonymousreply 484July 13, 2019 11:07 AM

This isn't better than the previous bearding and he still can't find himself a suit that fits

by Anonymousreply 485July 13, 2019 5:51 PM

They are casting for the Wheel of Time series. Epic fantasy books, much better dan OL. Sam has the hight and the looks to play the main character Rand even though he is a bit too old. It would be an excellent opportunity for him to get away from the crazy OL fandom. Probably his management thinks he's too famous now for a new unknown series. Unless it becomes the next GoT....

by Anonymousreply 486July 14, 2019 11:39 AM

Actor Gets Inned And Outed

JULY 12, 2019 BLIND GOSSIP 53 COMMENTS

[Blind Gossip] This actor just can’t catch a break from fans.

He is the handsome leading star of a television drama.

In a wishful scenario, fans spread rumors that he and his leading lady on the TV show were madly in love and secretly dating.

It wasn’t true. But the rumors did persist for several years.

Then some fans started getting angry and frustrated with him for not disclosing this imaginary secret relationship.

So they turned on him and started a new rumor. They “outed” him as being secretly gay!

He has taken both rumors in stride and calmly responded to them without adding any fuel to the fire.

Now, if he is seen with a female friend who is not his costar, he gets “inned” again and the fans attack her online for “stealing” him away from his costar. If he is seen with a male friend, he gets “outed” again. He just can’t win.

This outlandish behavior does not make him eager to disclose his personal life.

He is glad that his show has fans, but he has seen how crazy and irrational they can become. He is worried that one of them will take their fantasies about him too far and someone could get hurt.

For now, the fanaticism displayed over his personal life… has resulted in him sharing less than ever about his personal life!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487July 14, 2019 5:41 PM

R487 this sums the crazy OL fandom and Sam's situation up nicely.....

by Anonymousreply 488July 14, 2019 6:09 PM

R487 It sums YOU up, you stupid cunt. You come onto a gay message board to talk endless shit about an actor that would be happy if you died in a grease fire. FUCK, how deluded are you awful cows

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM

by Anonymousreply 489July 14, 2019 7:40 PM

He seems quite happy to sell whisky and other things to his " demented " fans !

by Anonymousreply 490July 15, 2019 1:12 PM

he does and he seems to think you can get away with never being yourself but in the end it's only going to get messy. For himself and also PR wise. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now.

by Anonymousreply 491July 15, 2019 7:12 PM

r487 "He just can't win"? Heughan was only too happy to (over)sell the 'showmance' every chance he got, despite realising that some of the fans were taking things way too far (two kids etc). He deliberately went way overboard with the flirting, innuendo, smouldering looks, PDA, etc etc and he kept it up way after she got engaged and became more uncomfortable with it all - it was great cover for him. The bearding has also been manipulative, smoke and mirrors, photoshopping, SM games etc. To present Heughan as a poor little innocent victim of fan interpretations is a cop-out. He's always been in it up to his neck.

by Anonymousreply 492July 16, 2019 12:08 AM

Reply 487 exactly sums up Heughans behaviour , beats me why more people can't see it for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 493July 16, 2019 1:28 PM

It kind of more sums up the crazy fandom and a possible reason for part of his behaviour but I also agree Sam is not a victim. He plays the fans the way him and his management see fit. Trying to hide his true persona more and more. I mean come on the closet and fame have aged him significantly, look at Sam's looks in 2014 and look at him now.

by Anonymousreply 494July 16, 2019 5:10 PM

Well. Interesting week. Sam is still gay.

Pictures from the festival, him together with his costar and her friend. And all the fans, who still believe he is with her, went mad.

And then, he retwittered the thing about stalking.

by Anonymousreply 495July 17, 2019 9:24 PM

it's obviously a message to the shippers.

by Anonymousreply 496July 18, 2019 11:23 AM

I don't think Sam is his own man any longer, he has too large a team of so called advisers [P.R people, agents business advisers,stylists etc } These people often become close friends, rather like family Most of them will have a vested financial interest in coaching him to keep on following their advice. I believe that most of Sam's fiascoes that we have been commentating on here [ bearding,selling products to fans,awful outfits and hair styles ]are the result of these so called advisers very dubious advice. SH appears to be a very loyal kind of person and to break out and stop following, the often bad advice, of these people would be difficult for him to do.In other words nothings going to fundamentally change till he dumps most of his personal team by which time his career opportunities will be fading.

by Anonymousreply 497July 21, 2019 2:35 PM

True as it might be, he chose this path. He can still come out, give a fuck about more than just his career etc. Imagine what MPC could be if it was marketed well and if it would become a true charity, if there were online forums instead just a very unorganised FB group. Promoting American whisky is also strange imo, if he's so Scottish then why not create whiskey in Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 498July 23, 2019 12:47 PM

Possibly cheaper production costs in America, US market, where most of his fan base is, is massive compared to UK

by Anonymousreply 499July 23, 2019 2:22 PM

right it's all about $$$

by Anonymousreply 500July 24, 2019 6:56 PM

At last I can post again! (for the moment anyway). Since the DL web masters switched to password access for contributors, I have had very erratic access, often being told for days on end that I am 'unauthorised' (well, I have been called far worse). I hope this has not been affecting others too - teething issues I guess. Now that my rant about IT is over, Shatner has apparently been online claiming that Sam and Amy Shiels are madly in love (at the same time as he is promoting Sam's new whisky, which is probably Sam's main focus). Either the old creep is a couple of 'gfs' behind, and he hasn't caught up with the FB feeds, photoshoppings etc, or we are in for more fakery. Well, if Amy is indeed unfortunately being dusted off again, at least she seems to be an old friend and she knows full well that there 'ain't nothing straight about my Bat'.

by Anonymousreply 501July 26, 2019 4:34 AM

Indeed it's a disaster I haven't been able to log on often the past two week either!!

Do you have a link to this tweet of Shatner? This is so strange and the question remains why do Shatner and Camuso want him to look straight so badly?

Sam's been silent on SM the past few days....time for some contemplation I hope.

by Anonymousreply 502July 27, 2019 11:25 AM

They have shares in his Whiskey company !!

by Anonymousreply 503July 27, 2019 11:51 AM

R503 but of course..... Talking about faustian bargains. ....

by Anonymousreply 504July 28, 2019 9:49 AM

R503 but of course..... Talking about faustian bargains. ....

by Anonymousreply 505July 28, 2019 9:49 AM

I've also had problems logging on, [ no not my computers fault ] very frustrating. Wonder if the Web Masters are aware of the problems?

by Anonymousreply 506July 28, 2019 3:07 PM

Apparantly there's a severe DDOS attack going on.... These things are usually indeed severe and I don't know how big the DL IT staff is.

by Anonymousreply 507July 28, 2019 3:12 PM

Perhaps the severe DDOS attack on DL is J. Allens revenge

by Anonymousreply 508July 28, 2019 10:44 PM

r 502 (Sorry this reply is a bit late - I couldn't get on before) Unfortunately I don't have a link to Shatner's apparent comment about Amy Shiels - it's been mentioned in a couple of tumblr sites. Amy/Sam is again being raised in another couple of arenas - Metro Biography (metrobiography.com) of 23 July 2019 has her as his 'girlfriend', claiming 'she uncovered her relationship with him in July 2018'. The site is obviously written by non-English native speakers, and has her age out by 10 years. She is also raised as 'probably' his new 'girlfriend' in Married Biography (marriedbiography) of July 9 2019, although they aren't completely sure. They are sure he is 'straight' though. And according to 'Celebs Couples' (www.celebscouples.com) he has been dating Amy (again with 10 years off her age) for 'approximately 1 year, 6 months and 26 days' - the article is written sometime in July 2019. So let's see ....in this one, he got together with Amy before she was on twitter last April wishing happy birthday to her Big Brother? And what about all the 'new gf' name-dropping into FB and tumblr sites, followed by fan sightings with him being 'very cute' with and 'very attentive' to a mystery blonde, a Spanish actress, or maybe even a Russian gymnast. And Tuna Girl in February? It's unclear of course how much these latest articles are influenced by JA etc. but the narrative has been getting more than a little untidy [insert latest name here] for quite a while. But then the PR lot are probably not all that concerned about getting the 'story' consistent, as much as any selling of the message of straight, straight, OK maybe a player, but straight. And that is what so many of his worshippers want to hear.

by Anonymousreply 509July 29, 2019 6:04 AM

Thank you R509. Another PR mess. How are all these even credible to anyone as "girlfriends" or "dates". In the meanwhile Sam is focusing on his new podcast Clanlands with someone whom we know has given him a boner;)

by Anonymousreply 510July 29, 2019 11:27 AM

R508 she'll have to do better than that to silence DL

by Anonymousreply 511July 29, 2019 11:28 AM

What a bizarre world he lives in. Rather like watching a pantomime character on a stage, makes me want to shout " Behind You " very loudly.

by Anonymousreply 512July 29, 2019 2:02 PM

Just wondering.......could Heughans reaction to being hugged by G.Mctavish be due to the large,hard leather sporran Graham was pressing against him ?

by Anonymousreply 513July 30, 2019 12:38 PM

R513 SMH

by Anonymousreply 514July 31, 2019 10:12 AM

Nobody, even the best looking guy ever living, looks always great. But this foto of Sam Haughan made me think.

We already know, that he is not able to dress nicely without help (something he shares with me).

But look at him and his small calves. And his missing thights. He is training his muscles and body so much. There must be something left from all that training.

I am still on the train that he has some kind of a genetical disposition for the "Marfane Syndrome"..

He is short sighted, he towered his mother and his father and his sibling, he has this overlenght fingers and toes and arms and legs. A lean body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515August 3, 2019 10:12 PM

Think it's one of J. Allens photo shop efforts, can't quite get the legs right !!

by Anonymousreply 516August 4, 2019 12:44 AM

R516 I believe so too, looks fake like the hand holding pic with the spanish actress. Supposedly he's in Mallorca now having a romantic time with her but it seems he's there for SAS Red Notice.... Does he have such a minor role in the new OL season? somehow he doesn't seem to spend much time filming compared to previous years

by Anonymousreply 517August 4, 2019 9:19 AM

r510 Yeh, every now and again some of the shippers bring out this image of SH adjusting his pants as he stands next to Balfe and sneer at DL that this is conclusive - he had a boner!!!! He is straight!! but what they ignore, or maybe do not know, is that it was already there when he was hugging McTavish a few moments before.

by Anonymousreply 518August 4, 2019 9:23 AM

I can't of been paying attention, who is the Spanish actress ?

by Anonymousreply 519August 4, 2019 11:45 AM

r519 Christina Ochoa, a star of a series called Animal Kingdom. Has a strong interest in science. Has a Starz connection - she attended, and was photographed at, the Starz Outlander Premiere at Comic-Con in San Diego in 2014. They were both at a Princes Trust thing at Buckingham Palace in June. Various tumblr sites pushing her as the new 'gf'. He supposedly visited her in Madrid in July, no photos, and they were reportedly seen 'being cute' and he was 'very attentive' - you know, the usual story. Then she was supposedly with him at the Pride event in London - again no photos except an apparently photoshopped one on a fan FB site (with whoever he was with cropped out). He's been in Spain this weekend, supposedly with her but actually working on SAS Red Notice. She may well be getting set up as a new 'gf' but who knows. She lives in LA so it fits the pattern of fly in, fly out if this does turn out to be the case. Watch this space. Actually Heughan now doesn't have to put all that much effort into the bearding - a name is dropped in various blogs, he puts something vague on IG, follows someone, turns up somewhere touristy, is conveniently seen by an adoring fan, who will do the rest of the publicising for him through FB, and the various camps will avidly speculate, argue, dig, analyse, and he sails on through the smoke and mirrors. When he eventually moves on from the OL fanatics (when he's no longer Jamie Fraser many of them won't follow him into the action movie arena he seems to be pursuing), and he moves to the far far bigger pond of HW, he may have to work a little harder on the bearding (unless of course he reverses the process and has a non-US based 'gf' who will fly in, fly out). Meanwhile more of the same current pattern.

by Anonymousreply 520August 4, 2019 12:53 PM

Thanks for the info. Recently watched a video on DL posted in 2016 of Sam and Luke arriving at an Outlander party, their body language very strongly said " we are a couple " and a very handsome couple they made. I do hope they are still that couple albeit in private. Faustian pacts must demand a great deal both physically and emotionally

by Anonymousreply 521August 5, 2019 2:53 PM

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm still having periods when I can't post here and it's a bloody pain, so making the most of access now. On tumblr recently there have been a couple of versions of bearding contracts, obviously clever spoofs and a bit of a laugh intended. Who did them and when is not at all clear. Tried to attach one but it won't cooperate, so I've just typed it up and will put it in a few posts (now that I've got access - for now). Stand by... (apologies for any typos) Bit 1: BEARD/ESCORT EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT The Escort Employment Agreement (the “Agreement’) is made and entered into as of this ___ day of ____ 20¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬__, by and between _________ (the “Bearder”), of________, and _____ (the “Beard” or “Escort”). Bearder is manufacturing a heterosexual PR relationship (the “Relation ship”) using innuendo only For public exhibition. The said PR relationship is based upon certain common aspects of standard hetero-dating norms with the Beard in the Relationship, including but not limited to appearances at public places, events and parties among other standard locations based on Bearder’s needs.

by Anonymousreply 522August 9, 2019 3:25 AM

Bit 2 The parties agree as follows: Engagement: Bearder hereby engages the Beard to perform the role of (girlfriend) in the Relationship. Beard accepts Such engagement upon the terms contained in this Agreement. Retakes For the term and upon termination of this Agreement, Beard shall render such services as Bearder may require in producing photographs, retakes, added scenes, close-ups, videos, process shots, photoshopping, other trick shots, for PR versions (paper, television, radio and social media – including ‘likes’ and ‘retweets’) of the Relationship. Under no circumstances will there be any reason to physically touch in conjunction with carrying out said agreement, unless mutually agreed; nor will any such physical touching be construed as indicating a true relationship. Compensation Bearder shall pay the Beard a salary of $____ per day. All payments payable hereunder to Beard shall be Deemed to be equitable and inclusive remuneration for all services rendered by Beard in connection with the Relationship and no further sums shall be payable to Beard by Bearder by reason of the exploitation of the Relationship and all results and proceeds of Beard’s services hereunder in any and all national and international media. Term The term of employment hereunder shall begin from the date set forth above and continue until the completion of the contract. Bearder will guarantee a minimum employment of ____ days, and on completion of the contract, Beard will remain on retainer for a minimum of _____days. Furnishing of wardrobe The Beard agrees to arrange all modern wardrobe and apparel necessary for the role. Bearder shall pay a reasonable cleaning allowance and reimbursement fo0r any soiled or damaged clothes. It is hereby agreed between the parties that if any ‘character’ or ‘location’ specific costuming is required, the Bearder shall supply the same to the Beard.

by Anonymousreply 523August 9, 2019 6:08 AM

Bit 3 Promotional Photos Beard acknowledges and agrees that Bearder will have the right to make additional promotional; photos, manipulated or otherwise. Bearder reserves the right to utilize the results and proceeds of Beard’s services in such promotional photos. Beard hereby agrees to render such services as Bearder may request for the said promotional photos for the term of this Agreement. Bearder shall pay to Beard the sum of $___per appearance, if such promotional photo is broadcast on social media including, but not limited to, Tumblr, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or Twitter. Beard is responsible for removing any and all negative posts or comments in a timely manner if compensation is to be received. Beard is not to post under assumed names to increase the transactional amounts and must provide evidence of said posts in order to receive compensation. Rights Beard shall own all results and proceeds of Beard’s services hereunder, including the copyrights thereof, And as such owner shall have the right: a) to include such results and proceeds in the Relationship and In advertising and publicity relating to the Relationship; b) to reproduce such results and proceeds by any current and future means, c) to combine such results and proceeds with photographs and recordings made by others for use in the Relationship, d) to exhibit and perform such results in public, and in or by any other present or future social media, for profit and otherwise, and e) to license and assign its rights to any other person or Bearder. For clarification, the results and proceeds of Beard’s services hereunder shall include any and all material submitted or interpolated by Beard in connection with the preparation or production of the Relationship (collectively the ‘material’). All said material, the copyright therein, and all renewals, extensions or reversions of copyright now or hereafter provided, shall automatically become the property of Bearder, which shall be deemed the author thereof, it being agreed and acknowledged that all of the results and proceeds of Beard’s services hereunder are a specially ordered and commissioned “work made for hire” within the meaning of the 1976 Copyright Act for the compensation provided int the Principal Agreement. Beard hereby expressly waives and relinquishes any moral rights in and to any material created by or contributed to the Relationship by Beard including all of Beard’s performance. Name and Likeness Bearder shall have the exclusive right to use Beard’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and or caricature (collectively ‘Name and Likeness’), Bearder shall also have the right to simulate Beard’s likeness, voice, signature and appearance by any means and in connection with the Relationship and the advertising, publicizing, exhibition, and/or other exploitation thereof in any manner and by any means and in connection with public advertising and publicity. Bearder will not use Beard’s name in any way, spoken, written or otherwise and will not verify any actual relationship with said Beard during any time of contract or thereafter. [er…isn’t this rather undercutting the point of the bearding?? Sarcasm about certain examples of behaviour??] Expenses The Beard will be entitled to reimburse any transportation and expenses pursuant to this Agreement provided Beard is required by Bearder to render services more than ____ miles from Beard’s principal place of residence.

by Anonymousreply 524August 9, 2019 6:11 AM

last bit: Force Majeure The term ‘force majeure’ means epidemic, act of God, strike, lockout, labor condition, unavailability of materials, transportation, power or other commodity, delay of common carrier, civil disturbance, riot, war or armed conflict whether or not there has been an official declaration of war, the enactment of any law, the issuance of any executive or judicial order or decree, breach of contract by, or disability of, the Bearder, breach of contract by a financier or completion guarantor, or other occurrence beyond the control of Bearder, which causes an interruption of or materially hampers or materially interferes with the production of the Relationship. Arbitration Any controversy or claim arising out of or relation to this agreement or any breach thereof shall be settled By arbitration in accordance with the Rules of the relevant Arbitration Association; and judgement upon the award rendered by the arbitrators may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement for costs and reasonable attorney’s fees. The determination of the arbitrator in such proceedings shall be final, binding, non-appealable and sealed in perpetuity. In the event of any breach by the Bearder in this Agreement, the Beard shall be limited to the Beard’s remedy at law for damages, if any, and shall not have the right to terminate or rescind this Agreement or to enjoin or restrain in any way the production, direction, advertising or exploitation of the Relationship. Assignment Bearder shall have the right to assign this Agreement and any of the rights granted herein, in whole or in part, to any person, firm, corporation or entity, and nothing contained herein shall imply anything to the contrary. Beard shall not be entitled to assign Beard’s rights or obligations hereunder. Beard shall be able to post on social media photos of such a nature that service to bolster Relationship in an innuendo type manner only. All posts of Beard which pertain to Relationship shall need Bearder’s verification and acceptance before public posting. Confidential Information Beard hereby waves all rights to the information of this Agreement and any information learned expressly or otherwise about Bearder and Bearder’s non-public life under penalty of law and a $_______ fine for any and all leaks of any information regarding this contract and the Relationship/girlfriend aspect detailed therein. If the Beard has been found to be disseminating any information in whole or in part on the side, or begins to produce any materials other than from Bearder, or if any innuendo in the public arena becomes detrimental to Bearder or Bearder’s actual private life with his true significant other, Bearder reserves the right to publicly break off the Relationship, cancel the contract, and will take all steps necessary to sue Beard in a court of law.

In witness thereof etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 525August 9, 2019 6:13 AM

Watch this space - quite a bit of sudden speculation on tumblr about a wedding this weekend. Seems to be some fans racing off down rabbit holes again - according to some guy organising an event this weekend, SH couldn't be there because he was going to a wedding. Ah, they say - is he the one getting married? Is he marrying Balfe? Is she marrying her fiancee (well, that's the usual pattern)? What does SH mean by his 'be kind' IG post today? Is he trying to soften some sort of blow? Seems a bit headless chicken, but if there is something in it (big maybe) and Balfe does indeed marry Tony, this finally and absolutely shuts off what has been an extremely useful cover for SH - even after the engagement he was one of the biggest shippers of the lot, playing it up as much as he could for as long as he could. He might have to step up the bearding a bit, with more than innuendo, smoke and mirrors, and actually be seen with the beard of the month, with full length, both in the frame, not photo-shopped, pictures, and maybe even some halfway believable shows of affection (well, he's a good actor, so he could do it). And the Spanish actress has posted about a Kubrick exhibition in London, so she might be conveniently on set for the next Hetero-Hunk round. Sigh. If he must closet, how about he lay off the games, focus on honing his acting, and on helping to rescue OL, his signature show that seems to have lost its way.

by Anonymousreply 526August 9, 2019 6:58 AM

Think it might be Heughan who'es lost his way.

by Anonymousreply 527August 9, 2019 11:58 AM

He sure has . Don't know what to expect of Clan lands the podcast, isn't he overworking himself already but of course all celebrities need to have a podcast these days.

Thanks R526 for sharing. I still have trouble posting too. That contract seems exactely to be what Heughan has signed for.....SMH

by Anonymousreply 528August 9, 2019 2:44 PM

Hi all. Older straight female 40 years in the television industry with lots of gay and lesbian and friends. Not a troll I assure you. I believe Sam is gay because he had a wonderful life pre Outlander that is outwardly gay. I do not believe that the Outlander/starz team caused the change since there was no problem from 2013 until there was a new publicist In 2016. Sam has said that he often get what he wishes for. Do you all think that Sam chose to go back in the closet or do you think he was forced back into the closet by publicity?

by Anonymousreply 529August 10, 2019 3:58 AM

Sorry I've not posted here before and I do not know how to find the replies

by Anonymousreply 530August 10, 2019 4:35 AM

r529 Sam seems very ambitious and clearly wants to make it in HW and if he wants romantic lead roles (or Bond,or even some of the action movie roles he's after) he has to closet - it shouldn't be this way and hopefully it will eventually change, but this won't happen anytime soon. His PR agent, Jennifer Allen, is widely rumoured to strongly encourage closeting, even though she is gay herself - the more roles her client gets, the more money she makes out of them, and so she wants them to be considered for as wide a range as possible. Starz also doesn't want an openly gay leading man (well, he used to be leading, although his role is really being written down since mid-Season 3), and many of his worshippers would react quite badly if he came out - Jeffry Hirsch, Starz Chief of Operations, was involved in distributing to the press a photo of Sam and his then supposed 'girlfriend', MM, when she began her time as the beard - trouble is, Hirsch got hold of the wrong photo - it was a female watch company staff member for one of the companies Sam was promoting. It is not at all usual for such a high level (if not necessarily high intelligence) executive as Hirsch to get so involved with promoting an actor's personal life, and so it was apparently important to Starz that Sam was presented as straight. Overall, seems like he may have been under pressure but he also seems to have been quite willing to go along with the games - he must think it's worth it.

(As well as some of us long-term posters, some folk are having ongoing trouble getting on as guests to post replies. comments etc. I know three guys who have been trying for a while without success. This is a real pest and hopefully the IT gremlins will go away eventually).

by Anonymousreply 531August 10, 2019 8:38 AM

My guess is pre 2016 he thought he could have both, an A list Hollywood career and discreet but not closeted gay relationships. Starz/Lionsgate, with their massive financial interest in their " product " Heughan thought otherwise, hence J Allen.More than his gayness I think his lack of big screen persona/presence [ hard to define but many of you seasoned cinema buffs may be able to ] may stall his obvious ambitions. His charming, subtle,nuanced acting skills better suit a smaller arena/screen. Hears hoping I can post this !

by Anonymousreply 532August 10, 2019 1:10 PM

Hmm - with the conjecturing that Balfe did get married this weekend, the SH sexuality talk is all over some Tumblr sites, in a variety of permutations - he's gay; he's bi; he's fluid; he's been using Balfe as a beard, no, he really loved her; he's a player, no he's not; doesn't matter if he's gay, yes it does. Bit of a disaster if he's been trying to dampen speculation - but there have been no photos of the wedding (assuming it occurred, and it probably did), and JA may have already set up a beard for him there (assuming he attended), or have a beard ready to be trotted out soon. Or maybe he will just go very quiet, hoping that it all goes away - doubt that somehow.

by Anonymousreply 533August 11, 2019 12:47 AM

Tempted to comment under Heughans I G post of " be kind to yourself and others " and be honest with your self and others.

by Anonymousreply 534August 11, 2019 5:24 PM

I think he's forgotten how to be honest with himself - too busy playing his hetero games.

by Anonymousreply 535August 11, 2019 9:07 PM

I don't know. I think he plays hetror game but still tries to be true to himself . I truly think he wantsto out himself but at the same time he knows he has to be closeted to get what he want from Hollywood. He was perfectly fine with being gay until 2016. What happened with he and Luke at that time? Everything fell apart

by Anonymousreply 536August 12, 2019 2:25 AM

Being a straight gal and having many gay friends and coworkers, it kind of breaks my heart that Sam cannot be true to his feelings . At the same time I am totally into his persona as I am sure many of you guys are also . My gaydar is kind of weak at the moment, would jump his bones as you may do if given the chance. Of course this is not a possibility. So it's just Fantasy. I do'think the MPC gals would accept him as he is. Me? I'd fuck him in a moment.😁😁

by Anonymousreply 537August 12, 2019 2:54 AM

@533 I am thinking ge doesn't think thatt he and Caitrorina are playing the marriage game. Although I do believe they were told at 1 point to work the love interest violence many of them

by Anonymousreply 538August 12, 2019 3:01 AM

Well, SH has posted on IG in a suit and commented about a 'remarkable weekend' with emojis of two hearts in a ring, champagne etc. Finally some of those poor obsessed shippers seem to be accepting that a Balfe/McGill wedding probably did take place, that Balfe and SH were not together and that the shippers' wishful thinking had been encouraged with prolonged gas lighting, innuendo and manipulation, mainly by SH. Of course he couldn't have foreseen that some of the more extreme shippers would take things much too far (stalking? that is never OK). Now that the Sam/Cait cover avenue seems gone at last and the gay talk has been ramping up again, will he grab another 'gf', either one of those hinted at in the last few months or someone new (offshore of course)? Watch this space, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 539August 12, 2019 10:14 AM

r537 Nah, his bones are safe. Sometimes when he gets so beefed up and muscle-bound, he ain't all that hot - one of my closest mates reckons it'd be like ploughing a big piece of gristle. (well, there goes that fantasy).

by Anonymousreply 540August 12, 2019 10:31 AM

Agree. All those muscles, ill fitting jackets, out of proportion top to spindly legs, thick bull neck ruin a perfectly beautiful man

by Anonymousreply 541August 12, 2019 12:04 PM

Isn't it in rather poor taste to be doing product placement at a close friends wedding ? If indeed it is a wedding. He's standing in the garden of Hauser and Wirth, Bruton Somerset. [art gallery cum posh organic restaurant ] much patronised by arty/county set

by Anonymousreply 542August 12, 2019 12:50 PM

r542 Well, a guy's gotta shill, every chance he can get, even if it does seem a bit inappropriate. Some of those on tumblr who don't believe that the wedding took place have also seen that the shill was in dubious taste and add that the photo looks odd and fake (yeh, there is a bit of a fuzzy white edge around him in some parts although that doesn't always mean photoshop). Meanwhile his sychophants are panting on. Some of the venom about even hints that he is gay and his cover is finally gone just underlines that many in the fandom will never, ever, ever accept a gay Sam - disheartening.

by Anonymousreply 543August 13, 2019 12:05 AM

At a Con in 2016/17 a microphone was left on, fans heard Balfe tell Sam that he smelt nice and what was it.He replied " unknown man ". The shipper fans thought it proved he was the father of her supposed child or some such nonsense.Always thought it was far more likely he was referring to casual physical encounters he had with unknown men and that Balfe was well aware of this.

by Anonymousreply 544August 14, 2019 12:01 PM

R544 where did you hear or read that?

by Anonymousreply 545August 14, 2019 6:51 PM

Summary of the last weekend:

Balfe got married, Sam attented the wedding without a beard. Longtime tumblr places shipping Balfe with Heughan took their personal conclusions that Sam is gay.

This will be interesting times in the future. Sam and his PR realized, that all the bearding did not work.

What will happen? Nothing. All his PR is not that stupid. Jeniffer Allen will not spend more cents in bearding like they did with Mackenzie Mauzy. Jennifer Allen Viewpoint tried this once, but time told that she was wrong and all the other attempts were just doomed from the beginning.

Anyone hear saw, that after the Mackkenzie Mauzy desaster Allen never tried to get a new beard contract signed.

There are rumours that Sam Heughan Barbour contract was not renewed. I have no informations about that and no sources to check it. But it sounds comprehensibly. He rare was seen in real life and private pictures with anykind of Barbour stuff.

I am not a great believer of his acting skills if it comes outside of his gay vibe. I liked him in his former stuff on stage and his indepent movies like Emulsion.

Well. Interesting times.

by Anonymousreply 546August 14, 2019 9:47 PM

It was on U tube . It was at the con or Outlander premier where Balfe was wearing a short three tiered frilled dress.Try googling Balfes pregnant with Sam Heughans child or some such, saw it last year. Heughan was heard to say to her when looking at her dress "well that's one way of hiding it" Then he was supposed to make the comment about the unknown man then they realised the microphone was on and shut up. Can't remember if you can actually hear them making the comments on the recording. Sorry I'm very bad at Links

by Anonymousreply 547August 15, 2019 12:35 AM

Is there any actual proof Balfe got married last weekend ?

by Anonymousreply 548August 15, 2019 10:01 AM

The proof

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549August 15, 2019 4:12 PM

How low can Heughan sink ? Advertising suits at a premier is one thing, during celebrations to mark an intimate private ceremony quite another, Surely even his die hard fans will start to be alienated by his rampant commercialism.

by Anonymousreply 550August 15, 2019 10:41 PM

I agree it's tasteless R550

In the meanwhile Sam is continuing to try and make as much money as he can out of the crazy old OL ladies. Can't believe he's names his whisky Sassenach....which is bad Gaelic.

Shilling, shilling, shilling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551August 17, 2019 7:20 PM

What will the Great Glen Company sell next............Guided tours of Nania,departing from Sam Heughans closet.............Heulegans Shortbread Biscuits , individually stamped with the image of the beard of the month An ideal gift for anyone who has ever wanted to bite MM 's head off..............Signed copies of Sam Heughans book on " How to become a photo shop expert and save agents fees " chapters 6 and 7 on positioning your girlfriends legs................Sams "Ten step guide to successful wig and wiglet wearing" Step 1 first fly your hairdresser half way round the world............Sams signed boxer shorts [ integral Booty Band optional ]

by Anonymousreply 552August 17, 2019 11:14 PM

Willie Warmers, hand knitted by Hebridean virgins . Sizes ranch from peanut - elephants trunk. Which size is Heughan banana or ???

by Anonymousreply 553August 18, 2019 12:09 AM

A CDAN item from last month - could have been overtaken by now as Hannah James seems to be getting raised again as a possible beard - anything but have him be gay (hope this link works - I'm not very good at linking stuff.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554August 19, 2019 2:44 AM

He's at an interesting PR stage now that the showmance avenue seems to be finally shut (but he sure hung on as long as he could - gotta have a grudging acknowledgement of his persistence).

A few options might arise. There are some shippers who firmly and absolutely insist that there has been no wedding, that he and Balfe are together, always have been, always will be. Some are even insisting that even if she did actually get married, it's insincere and she and Heughan are together on the side. But any cheating rumours won't necessarily do either of them much good in often priggish HW. The ongoing lack of wedding confirmation just feeds these speculations, even if by only a small part of the fandom.

With those who, however reluctantly, accept the wedding, but insist that she is his true love, he could of course fit the poor broken-hearted hero, getting on with life alone as best he can for now. Or it could just be back to business as usual - laying the breadcrumb trail as either a player or hinting at a more serious 'gf'. But this might now be a little more challenging. The usual process [name-dropping, fan FB claims of him being seen with beautiful girl X, being 'cute' and 'affectionate' with girl Y, holding hands with girl Z -no photos or only strange cropped ones, SM followings and likes, hints of travel, similar IG posts etc etc] might not be taken up as quickly now, as much of the work with this approach - the speculation, spreading the interpretations, digging etc has been due to shippers and antis trying to prove their own or debunk the others' entrenched positions. His PR lot haven't had to do all that much particularly in recent months as the two sides have raced around to build their own stories. Breadcrumbs may not be picked up as enthusiastically now. Too soon to tell. So maybe the PR gurus might see the need to put a bit more effort into the hints, innuendo etc with full length images (and better quality photoshopping if deemed required), red carpet/other event appearances, semi-credible shows of affection etc.

Or hopefully (please!!) he will lay off the games etc for a while and concentrate on developing his acting craft and garnering his next roles - probably not likely though as his current concentration seems to be on his brand and $$. Whatever the next moves are, of course, they will all be focussed on selling that all-important hetero image. And whatever pans out, except gay of course, his worshippers will continue to adore him (at least while OL lasts).

by Anonymousreply 555August 19, 2019 3:58 AM

Sad to say, but I'm only one off from someone who saw him in England in April being enthusiastically sexually responsive to a woman . It surprised the hell out of me.

by Anonymousreply 556August 19, 2019 8:18 AM

Well he is an actor, highly unlikely he's decided to try women at his age.

by Anonymousreply 557August 19, 2019 4:42 PM

In the aftermath of the wedding, that photo of SH adjusting himself as he stands next to CB after his boner is STILL making the rounds - ah, they say, he can't be gay! No gay guy would get a boner standing next to a woman, etc etc etc. Er...he had the boner a couple of minutes before when he was hugging Graham McTavish (it's on Pinterest but you don't seem to be able to link Pinterest images here unfortunately). So...following their same logic, no straight guy would get a boner hugging a man. SH did. And there is another image on Pinterest - Balfe, Tobias Menzies and SH walking toward the camera, with SH's hands in his jeans pockets. Unless he has the world's longest index finger on his right hand, looks like he's boning away again. And it's not Balfe in the middle with an arm around his shoulders, it's Tobias. So again, according to the no-way-he's gay logic, no straight guy would get a boner with another man's arm around him. Seems SH did. So if that boner they keep raising (so to speak) is going to be claimed as absolute proof that he is straight etc etc, looks like there could well be another explanation, even if they don't like it. It will be interesting when he finally disengages from OL and broadens his fanbase away from the OL obsessives who are so caught up in their Jamie fantasies - better for him in the long run, no matter how much money he makes from it.

by Anonymousreply 558August 21, 2019 3:10 AM

Well, it didn't take long for smoke and mirrors again. 'Samtina' seems to have faded away, with a new focus on Heughan and Hannah James - photo of them in a group of some OL actors and others, with them 'maybe' holding hands. It's now 'Ham' (not kidding) or 'Samnah'. Of course Purv knew about it all along - all those sources she has. The photo is now deleted - patterns. A complication is that Hannah appears to be gay - she has posted many wonderful images of romantic dinners, walks etc with her 'wife', using loving endearments that suggest a couple. Suddenly these have all been deleted from her archived IG stories. If she is indeed gay and these deletions have been done to protect her partner, it is a very loving thing to do, and more power to her. But if it is some sort of straight washing, it's weird - a gay actor straight-washing in order to beard? A bit odd even in the JA environment. Once again the fandom may be running off into rabbit holes, but once again, whether by intention or not, breadcrumbs have appeared. Heughan needs to concentrate on getting his next movies lined up, preferably ones that take up most of his time and let him demonstrate the acting talent he clearly has but that has been overshadowed by OL writers agendas.

by Anonymousreply 559August 21, 2019 11:43 AM

r558 and r559

You do not have to explain here gay actor Sam Heughan's PR stories.

We know it. We have spend our time in multiple threads here.

We, the last. probaly ten remaining posters (all the gays have left here eons before), all knew that Sam Heughan is gay. And proved it so many times.

This thread is dead. As the story that gay Sam Heughan is "secretly married with Caitriona Balfe, has one to three children with her" and so on.

The only new thing is, that all the hardcore "Sam is with Balfe" tumblr now are able to see the big elephant in the room.

My personal opinion: Gay Sam Heughan reached his peak of fame two years ago. Since that he is on the downhill road collecting all the merits, he built up on his way to the hill.

His role in the Marvel movie will not collect new fans. He is to old, to gay and there are thousands 20's around with huge muscles to make 15 years old girls to get wet. And the males in the same age will not looking at him as a role model.

His other production SAS red Notice is produced for TV (german public legal TV was a co financer). It will not get him great honours as the new discovered leading man.

He has obviously no new offers in the moment away from Outlander. His Barbour contract was not renewed and his collection is on sale.

May be, time to look at the bank account and calculate how long it will last.

by Anonymousreply 560August 21, 2019 9:05 PM

Am I being unfair but I think of Heughan as more reality star than serious actor these days. Perhaps due to his excessive use of social media and constant shilling and fan manipulation.Such a shame.

by Anonymousreply 561August 23, 2019 7:30 PM

I agree with the past three posts. Indeed Sam is just a brand now.

by Anonymousreply 562August 23, 2019 8:14 PM

Looking back at a long skyped interview he did for Emmy Watch in June 2015, he comes across as open, sincere,, generous with his answers, no hidden agendas. Compare that with a false interview style smile whilst talking about whisky on Instagram. When and why did it all change?

by Anonymousreply 563August 23, 2019 10:28 PM

r563 He got a case of the HW wannabes unfortunately. All the PR closeting and smoke and mirrors innuendo etc have taken precedence. Overdoing it though - even as 'straight', he is coming across now as a bit of a sleaze, with the 'gf' of the month. Many of his OL ass kissers are pretty conservative, and some might get a bit tired of this, even though most will continue to worship hetero Sam/Jamie. He could still progress further movie-wise - he is gorgeous and that always helps, and he can act well when given the chance, but he isn't getting any younger, and if and when he moves away from the OL bubble over to LA, he'll be in a very,very big pond with massive competition.

by Anonymousreply 564August 24, 2019 7:00 AM

r560 Very interesting points. Thanks. Bloodshot will probably be a good earner for all concerned but not expand his range at all. SAS: Red Notice might do something - he had zilch chemistry with Klunis in TSWDM (she even seemed to dislike him in some of the promos), but maybe with other actresses. Just one thing FWIW - not all the gays have left. I can say that with certainty. Only a very few, but still here observing away.

by Anonymousreply 565August 24, 2019 7:21 AM

Thanks for last 2 thoughtful replies. Heughan may never entirely leave Scotland, he may find it's better to be " a large fish in a small pond" than a " small fish in a very large HW pond " Quite a few English TV stars have tried and failed and crept back to England. It will be horribly fascinating to watch his career over the next couple of years. Surely OL won't go on beyond series 6 ??

by Anonymousreply 566August 24, 2019 11:24 AM

Presume Heughan is attending the Monreal Film Vestival, has either he or other OL actors been nominated in any categories?

by Anonymousreply 567August 24, 2019 12:34 PM

Think he is doing yet more Bloodshot tinkering, but he could be going to the festival as well.

by Anonymousreply 568August 25, 2019 8:14 AM

A Scottish-born (straight) actor (Scott McMullen, who I'd never heard of) who started his career in Australia, then went to LA and is now back for a rebooted tv series, has stated about HW that 'I think you do have to sell your soul a bit. People just lying and cheating and being slimy. It's rife over there. It's an industry geared up for people to leech off the talent, whether they're musicians, actors or hosts. You have agents taking your money, managers, publicists, lawyers taking money and that's before the tax man even got it'. I've read elsewhere that in some cases an actor can be paying up to 50% of their earnings to their body of agents etc. Yet another impetus for gay actors to closet so you can get more roles to earn more money (while you can), as well as for actors in general to endorse as many products etc as they can (in Heughan's case even in photos at a close friend's wedding).

by Anonymousreply 569August 26, 2019 2:51 AM

Interesting post. I can well believe agents etc. can take up to half of an actors earnings. I heard of one HW star who's hairdresser was being paid one hundred thousand a year. Heughan has stated on several occasions that he has built up quite a large team around him. I believe separate American and British agents to start with, would there be separate publicist as well ?. All with a vested interest in keeping him in the closet. Alas his hair stylist has increasingly less and less to work with.

by Anonymousreply 570August 26, 2019 11:21 AM

r570. As well as those detailed above, once you have your foot on the rung, there apparently can be additional PR people, personal assistant(s), accountant(s), stylist(s), make-up, and may also include personal trainer, masseuse, nutritionist - some on commission, some on flat rate maybe. And if I want to be cynical, for some, (not saying this covers Heughan, just a general comment) there could be payments to some magazines for coverage, SM monitors, payments to buy SM 'likes'/'followers', payments to 'fans' to be in the right place at the right time for coverage. The bigger the 'star', the bigger the cash cow.

by Anonymousreply 571August 27, 2019 6:03 AM

Thank you. Yes Heughan does have a personal assistant . His fans are going to have to cough up one hell of a lot of money to cover all that. What I find difficult to understand is why the fans don;t realise that they 're being "played" for all their're worth. Heughan now inhabits a world [ rather a bizarre one ] far removed from his parochial , small town, single parent childhood. You can take the boy out of the small town..........but can you ever take the small town out of the boy ??

by Anonymousreply 572August 27, 2019 10:35 AM

Let's hope you can't.

by Anonymousreply 573August 28, 2019 10:04 AM

For the last few years I’ve been an observer with a (non-US based) group of students, mostly GenZ and a few Millennials– mostly male, most gay, some bi and trans, and some straight, who are doing Gender studies, PR, media studies, Journalism, marketing, sociology etc. It’s a strictly and absolutely informal group, with quite a bit of focus across the various disciplines on HW/sport/the celebrity game etc and the impact on the public sexuality of actors, athletes, celebrities etc. The group is deliberately not part of any official tutorial or coursework, with a hardline rule that no individual being discussed in the group is mentioned in any actual course tutorials, any course essays etc unless that individual has officially come out, or has always been out. As the participants have moved in and out of the group it’s been a great way to revisit viewpoints, and to have new eyes looking at assessments that may just have hung around through repetition. Discussion covers a range of individuals, with Heughan usually featuring. He’s quite old in HW terms, twice the age of many of them, not a major star (or not yet) and they aren’t OL fans, but his public behaviour and games give them so much to talk about – SM, gotta love it.

Discussion always seems to keep returning to the same handful of things that just don’t seem to make sense – there may be plausible explanations other than probably/possibly gay, but the group hasn’t found them yet, despite a lot of talk: A) the SM straightwashing, even of his personal facebook entries – why bother unless he has to hide something? B) ‘Ain’t nothing straight about my Bat. You know that!’ tweet to Amy Shiels – strange statement unless you are gay, C) responding to the tweet that called him one of the most boring homosexual actors around with ‘Boring and homosexual never go together, but thank you for the compliment’ – again, strange thing for any straight guy to say, D) the obvious growing discomfort with MM and reluctance to be with her – why not just break it off unless she was a beard under contract? E) the photoshopping, crumbs etc – he could stop this if he chose so why bother? Is he that desperate to get attention and play straight? F) why slobber over his co-star despite her being engaged to/now married to another guy? That’s a pretty shitty thing to do to another guy unless the three of them know he’s gay. As participants have come and gone, the great majority think he’s gay, some think he’s bi, and a couple do think he is straight but really sleazy. FWIW

by Anonymousreply 574August 29, 2019 3:40 AM

Do you hear that Jennifer Allen, straight washing doesn't work !!

by Anonymousreply 575August 29, 2019 8:17 PM

It works for the ancient obsessed OL women it seems.

by Anonymousreply 576August 31, 2019 11:19 AM

I'm looking forward to the day one of Sams moles reveals he's gay !!

by Anonymousreply 577August 31, 2019 11:48 AM

Guys, if you haven't already picked this up, the Sam Heughan's nipples say good morning thread (yeh, I know, a bit of an odd name but who cares) is firing away. The usual Trolls are doing their best to get it shut down but they haven't succeeded. So two threads now (one subscribed and one not). Good stuff!

by Anonymousreply 578September 2, 2019 6:14 AM

From tumblr a few days ago- "The gay community has started watching OL just for the sex scenes with Sammy Sam and his male counterparts. Wonder what they'll call that demographic. Horny grannies won't be the only ones bullied".

?? Not sure what the writer is trying to say. The 'gay community' (which the writer seems to think is only male) hasn't just started watching these scenes - this was way way back in S1 - it's very old news, and I'm not sure that it generated all that much real gay interest anyway (although Heughan did do a great acting job, which should have been recognised). And the bullying of 'horny grannies', even though it shouldn't occur, comes absolutely and completely nowhere near what gay people and groups have always been subjected to (blackmailed, sacked, bashed, jailed, killed) . The odd way the Balfe wedding was handled has really thrown up some strange ideas about being gay - interesting but a bit disheartening. Rant over.

by Anonymousreply 579September 2, 2019 6:54 AM

So that's where everybody's gone........does Muriel approve?

by Anonymousreply 580September 2, 2019 11:10 PM

r580. But it is really comfortable here in the moment. Isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 581September 3, 2019 8:38 PM

Same old HW. I'm periodically told that Heughan couldn't possibly be closeting because these things just don't happen any more. Yeh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582September 4, 2019 3:04 AM

Is the character that Heughan is playing in Bloodshot a major one ?

by Anonymousreply 583September 4, 2019 3:49 PM

r583 I think he plays the major villain - a Cpl Harlan. Doesn't seem likely to stretch his acting range but at least it's not the saintly Jamie Fraser.

by Anonymousreply 584September 4, 2019 9:14 PM

So now the trolls are trying to get the other thread made subscription to try to throttle it. Why so concerned? They don't seem to realise that the more they rant the more they draw attention to there being something to hide, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 585September 5, 2019 10:03 PM

True R585.

by Anonymousreply 586September 6, 2019 7:29 AM

Is Duncan Lacroix presumed to be gay ?. I thought he made a " cock munching " comment sometime somewhere .

by Anonymousreply 587September 7, 2019 6:09 PM

r587 Yes, he did make the 'cock munching' comment on twitter, and went off social media very shortly afterward, although he's back now - I think he'd had a few too many drams. There have been rumours about Duncan's sexuality for quite some time. Some argue that his moving to Glasgow and joining Sam's gym, and his not being married with kids although he is 50 this year are indicators. I don't think this proves anything either way, but if he is gay, what a wonderful addition to the community - I think he's great..

by Anonymousreply 588September 8, 2019 9:13 AM

Thanks [R587] Agree he's great.

by Anonymousreply 589September 8, 2019 11:32 AM

r587. Hu? How old are you? Of course he is.

Manly looking does not make a gay guy straight.

Duncan was always my first thought being with Sam.

So. I think, that Sam is a loyal partner. As he was to Luke.

Duncan stepped in his life probaly 5 years ago. And never left his life. Moving to Glasgow, joining his gym. Seen around him and also posting it.

This is no showmance stuff. Remember, when Duncan officially posted of his whereabouts on the Canary Islands? And he gave a hint, that he was looking for the nudes places in the dunes?

Sam Heughan is gay. And Duncan Lacroix is probalby his loved partner since a couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 590September 9, 2019 8:51 PM

Think the Clanlands Podcast gives a much better vibe to Heughans image than all the shilling of other products we've seen in the past year. Imagine it will prove a wholesome and popular production. Might even gain Heughan a mention in the New Years Honours List for services to Scottish Tourism !!

by Anonymousreply 591September 10, 2019 11:21 AM

I'm looking forward to see the podcast or hear it. The only disturbing thing is that Alex(his business partner is again involved, why?!)

by Anonymousreply 592September 10, 2019 4:32 PM

My thoughts exactly. Always wondered if Norouzi was the business brains behind Heughan and was responsible for most of Heughans excessive [ sometimes sleazy ]shilling in recent years

by Anonymousreply 593September 10, 2019 7:32 PM

Gotta laugh. Some tumblr-ites who swore to hell and back that SH was not, could never be, absolutely no way, no no, never ever, gay are now discussing the possibility, especially after the Balfe wedding (although stalwart shippers still don't accept any marriage of course) and a couple of ex-shippers are posting suggestions that Duncan would be a great choice for him. The avid worshippers (and he has a hell of a lot of those) of course will never accept a gay SH, but it seems a tiny part of the strange OL fandom is coming around to the idea, even if at a glacial pace. Hope it doesn't prompt another round of bearding, or look at me, I'm a player, but you never know.

by Anonymousreply 594September 11, 2019 5:57 AM

R593 I think you are right and Norouzi seems to be the one helping himself and Sam make as much money as possible. Still can't believe they named the whiskey Sassenach... wth, seriously?! smh

R594 eventually even the hardcore idiot fans will have to accept it

by Anonymousreply 595September 12, 2019 7:51 AM

Sassenach whiskey.......cringe worthy . Basically their shilling it to his millions of sycophantic fans. What I would call a captive audience. Whether the project will have legs and go on beyond the end of Outlander is another matter. Must have been expensive to set up.

by Anonymousreply 596September 12, 2019 11:22 AM

As a longstanding member of two whisky tasting groups, I can tell you that the whisky scene is very crowded, and this 'Sassenach' (ugh) blend will have to be pretty good to survive in the long term. His worshippers will initially flock to buy it and anything new gets a boost anyway but as you say, in the longer term another matter.

by Anonymousreply 597September 12, 2019 8:41 PM

OP - Part 5 ready to go? No 'throttling' us!

by Anonymousreply 598September 12, 2019 8:47 PM

Should have called it " Bottoms up " whiskey

by Anonymousreply 599September 12, 2019 9:41 PM

Excuse me asking a question that does not directly relate to the theme of this thread, S.H. gayness but I'm curious . Would the American Whisky market, which must be vast , be as competitive and overcrowded as the Scottish one ?Sams Whiskey is being produced there and a very large percentage of his adoring fan base is there too. The devoted Gabaldon readers may link the Whisky with the books , which would give the product a greater shelf life as there are at least 2 more books to come.. Heughan may spend the next 20 years being a business man rather than an actor.

by Anonymousreply 600September 13, 2019 10:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!