Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jacob Tobia

I just finished his memoir "Sissy". I don't think I've ever read about a more narcissistic, and self-centered, person before. He has an entire chapter about his disappointment of not being awarded a Rhodes Scholarship and ends the book about attending church with his parents in stiletto heels and a dress so ill-fitting his underwear was exposed. Nasty on so many levels.

Someone needs to inform him that his gender expression does not make him interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 13, 2020 4:11 AM

[quote]Someone needs to inform him that his gender expression does not make him interesting.

And yet...

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2019 6:36 PM

Remember when he denounced IKEA for being transphobic when his furniture delivery showed up an hour early and he wasn't home.

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2019 6:37 PM

I hope you didn't pay for it, OP!

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2019 6:37 PM

This is the first trans person I've seen who isn't seething with anger. I don't care if he wants to wear a dress.

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2019 6:42 PM

R4,

Then you don't know Jacob!

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2019 6:44 PM

[quote]This is the first trans person I've seen who isn't seething with anger.

Give it time.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2019 6:44 PM

Oh he’s angry all right. Angry that nobody wants to fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2019 6:44 PM

All it takes to become famous these days is having a level of narcissism and bad taste that no one would have dared to display before.

by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2019 6:45 PM

R3, public library ebook.

by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2019 6:46 PM

He’s a comedian, so he certainly must be in on the joke.

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2019 6:47 PM

He has written SEVERAL articles about how other people find him unfuckable. He even got his friend to write one about him and his friend Alok.

He's not knocking over display stands at a GameStop, but he is still clearly angry.

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2019 6:49 PM

He was sleeping R2. How dare they !

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2019 6:50 PM

I'm weighing whether I want to go to a convocation on trans rights being held in a couple of weeks at the local university. I'm good with convocations, but shy away from conflagrations.

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2019 6:51 PM

Whatever formats his boat. I’m just confused how he gets sex. Does someone find that sexy? I get love can conquer physical appearance. But I just can not imagine who would get turned on by that. It’s like the 600-lb Life people - what attracts people to that?

by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2019 6:54 PM

[quote]I’m just confused how he gets sex. Does someone find that sexy?

No. Hence articles like this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2019 6:56 PM

He wishes he looked like that cartoon, r15.

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2019 6:57 PM

I think where you went wrong was reading his book in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2019 6:58 PM

[quote] Whatever formats his boat. I’m just confused how he gets sex.

Have you learned nothing? He has two messages to give the world:

1) I AM FABULOUS!

2) I CANNOT GET LAID TO SAVE MY LIFE, BECAUSE: TRANSPHOBIA!!!

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2019 6:59 PM

[quote]Jacob Tobia and Alok Vaid-Menon are femme nonbinary icons. But that won't get them dates, and the reasons why speak volumes about our discomfort with those who exist between genders.

Because it couldn't be related to their atrocious personalities, right?

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2019 7:03 PM

The poor thing thinks that shameless attention-getting and pathological self-centeredness equal having a fun personality and the #1 most beautiful cock in the universe.

No wonder she's shocked.

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2019 7:11 PM

R15 - Does it mention why they can't just fuck each other?

I mean, wouldn't that solve it all? These unfuckable non-binaries can just diddle each other.

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2019 7:38 PM

I don’t think he’d be ugly if he weren’t in drag.

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2019 7:42 PM

is he the one who thinks little girls are kinky?

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2019 7:45 PM

Going to church in drag? What an attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2019 7:46 PM

No, that's Alok, R23.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2019 7:46 PM

[quote]I don’t think he’d be ugly if he weren’t in drag.

True. He kind of reminds me of the cute gay guy from Ugly Betty.

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2019 7:47 PM

I don't either, R22. But apparently he'd rather run around looking a mess and wondering why he can't get dates.

If a woman was wearing a frock with a carpet of back hair showing, she wouldn't get laid either, but it Jacob's case it must be fear of teh T.

by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2019 7:51 PM

Jacob prefers the pronoun they. For realz.

by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2019 7:53 PM

Stubble doesn't go with that bright red lipstick.

by Anonymousreply 29May 12, 2019 8:00 PM

[quote] Jacob prefers the pronoun they.

Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 30May 12, 2019 8:04 PM

He's Arab American so if he's going to church most likely either Greek Orthodox or Eastern (Byzantine rite) Catholic since that's what the majority of Christian Arabs are. These are conservative religions but more importantly ethnic, traditionalist ones. I'm sure that outfit went over well. Pure narcissism and so disrespectful to his parents. It had to cause them shame.

by Anonymousreply 31May 12, 2019 8:04 PM

He must really hate his parents to cause them so much shame.

by Anonymousreply 32May 12, 2019 8:07 PM

I stand corrected. Wikipedia says he was raised Methodist.

by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2019 8:07 PM

//ignore him

//ignore this thread

by Anonymousreply 34May 12, 2019 8:08 PM

Tobia looks like a drag queen who just gave up.

by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2019 8:24 PM

He is referred to as they. They has mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2019 8:37 PM

They look like Klinger on MASH.

by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2019 8:39 PM

Can we crowd-fund him some electrolysis?

by Anonymousreply 38May 12, 2019 9:10 PM

He should use that Gender Swap Snapchat filter that’s all the rage now.

by Anonymousreply 39May 12, 2019 9:41 PM

The article R15 posted from Vice is a superficial puff piece that sidesteps any real questions. But Vice posting an article written by a non-binary femme is automatically hard hitting journalism, so what more could anyone ask for?

A chunk of the article describes drooling over hot straight guys on Tinder (OMG!), then being disappointed that none of them want to hook up with someone wearing lipstick and three days of stubble. The deep revelation comes when the hormone-taking author has much more success with Tinder matches. What could be the cause??

> "Meredith," Alok finally blurted out, interrupting me in a tone replete with tolerance. "You look cis."

Color me shocked that Vice hasn't gotten a Pulitzer yet for these kinds of journalistic insights.

The article goes on to talk about how, despite their many social media followers, they're ignored and "femmezoned" by gay guys. It concludes:

> Jacob and Alok don't need more claps or raised hands, more YASSSS's or SLAY's. What they need is to be found deeply, undeniably fuckable. Yet for all their brilliance, fuckability is exactly what some gender nonconforming femmes, even social media celebrities, don't ever seem to have.

At no point does the article really try to ask why this is so; it simply declares that we're all victims of centuries of social conditioning. Strange... the famous Soloflex guy commercials hit TV and magazines just when I hit puberty in the early 80's. I'd never in my life laid eyes on a guy like that, and I couldn't take my eyes off him. I didn't even have a clear idea of what I wanted to do with him, but I intensely wanted to look at him and touch him. What centuries of brainwashing does a 13 year old boy undergo, exactly? People have their own ingrained sense of what makes another person "deeply and undeniably fuckable," and society's pressure to find a woman attractive had no effect on me.

The idea that these two aren't considered attractive because of society's brainwashing seems exactly like the idea that gay kids just need some training and they'll "revert" to their natural straightness. Just wrong. Attraction goes much deeper than that. And of course no one is asking these two why they don't feel attracted to each other.

If someone feels the need to present themselves as gender-nonconforming, that's no skin off my nose. But don't tell the world that it's upside down because hot guys don't want to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 40May 12, 2019 9:44 PM

Thank you, R40, I enjoyed reading your post on a cloudy Mother's Day.

by Anonymousreply 41May 12, 2019 9:56 PM

What I've learned from reading these weird articles by Jacob Tobia and Alok is that social justice warriors will give them lots of lip service, but will refuse to even pity fuck them. The call for social justice among the woke stops exactly at the bedroom door.

by Anonymousreply 42May 12, 2019 10:02 PM

It stops at their momma's basement doors to be exact.

by Anonymousreply 43May 13, 2019 2:36 PM

[quote]The idea that these two aren't considered attractive because of society's brainwashing

They are unattractive due not to "social brainwashing" but because they insist upon presenting the worst in socially-dictated stereotypes. That is indeed most unattractive and off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 44May 13, 2019 2:50 PM

Today's kids confuse even me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 13, 2019 2:54 PM

[quote]Someone needs to inform him that his gender expression does not make him interesting.

Gender expression?

Someone needs to inform him that HE doesn't make him interesting.

by Anonymousreply 46May 13, 2019 2:59 PM

R45 Klinger knew what he was doing and did it to be considered a psycho (to get out of the Army). Tobia et al ARE psycho and that's why they do it.

by Anonymousreply 47May 13, 2019 2:59 PM

Clothes fitted for the female form, even the most basic form is simply not flattering to the male form. It is ill-fitted. Literally.

Do what you like.. fine, but it looks bad.

by Anonymousreply 48May 13, 2019 3:23 PM

These two should be happy fucking each other. Why don't they? Wait, are they secretly transphobic?

Yes, because they will not consider fucking another freak in women's clothing. They want a masc man. No, they DESERVE such a man! Transphobia!!

by Anonymousreply 49May 17, 2019 2:29 AM

He is so repellent and gross, I can believe nobody wants to fuck him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 17, 2019 2:31 AM

Bitch gonna be bald soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 51May 17, 2019 2:32 AM

They look CRAZY. Nobody wants to fuck crazy. There's a very real fear that you'll be caught in an 'Fatal Attraction'-type situation.

Even a biological woman who was normally very attractive would have men running for the hills if she dressed like that.

by Anonymousreply 52May 17, 2019 2:37 AM

Thank you, OP--I saw it Barnes and Noble and because I'm old enough that I by reflex buy almost anything with LGBTQ content (there used to be so little), I almost instinctively took it off the shelf. After looking through it, I decided I no longer needed to support financially every writer in that section. It looked tedious, pretentious, and self-aggrandize ng. I put it back and bought a copy of Howards End, by a gay man who really could write and had something to say to all of us, whatever our sexual/gender identities.

by Anonymousreply 53May 17, 2019 2:40 AM

Howards End is a very good novel.

by Anonymousreply 54May 17, 2019 2:42 AM

Here's what's really going on with these idiots:

Jacob, Alok and their non-binary/genderqueer compadres all feel entitled to masculine, straight-acting WHITE men. They basically want some Chris Evans clone to come down from Heaven and fuck their circus sideshow asses and live happily ever after. Like that is ever going to happen. Only a white, All-American jock-type man will do for them. Deep down they know that men like that will never, ever give them the time of day and they're very angry about it and have an axe to grind with masculine men (both gay and straight) and the gorgeous, feminine biological women who get the hot straight men.

That's it in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 55May 17, 2019 2:47 AM

[quote]He's Arab American

Really?

He looks Dravidian.

by Anonymousreply 56May 17, 2019 2:52 AM

R55 Yes, in a nutshell. Otherwise they should be happy fucking each other and their best bud Meredith the Albino.

by Anonymousreply 57May 17, 2019 2:54 AM

Jacob is obviously still bald. Rather than embracing this fact and shaving what's left or getting air transplants, Jacob has decided to wear wigs that have been taped to the top of his head. I knew him briefly when he lived here in New York. He's strange and off putting. He seems like he's just waiting to be offended. I wonder if he knows Kevin Sessums.

by Anonymousreply 58May 17, 2019 3:04 AM

How do any of them make a living? Do they have actual jobs?

by Anonymousreply 59May 17, 2019 3:05 AM

In one of the other now deleted threads was someone who knew his parents, they said he was a normal effeminate gay kid, until this non binary queer shit blew up and then he turned into this shit show in his early 20s. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 60May 17, 2019 3:05 AM

He's one of the most unpleasant people I've ever met.

by Anonymousreply 61May 17, 2019 3:10 AM

Where and when, r61? Tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 62May 17, 2019 3:11 AM

I can't believe he went to Duke. You'd expect those self-loathing postmodernist types from University of No Chance.

by Anonymousreply 63May 17, 2019 3:15 AM

He was a friend of a friend. He had just started identifying as a woman when I met him so I guess the non-binary thing came later I only encountered him 2 or 3 times which was plenty for me. I have a few trans friends. They didn't like him either.

by Anonymousreply 64May 17, 2019 3:21 AM

He grew up in Raleigh, r63.

by Anonymousreply 65May 17, 2019 3:27 AM

two hairy weirdos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 17, 2019 3:30 AM

He is repellent.

by Anonymousreply 67May 17, 2019 3:33 AM

The thought of Jacob or Alok presenting hole..... 😫

by Anonymousreply 68May 17, 2019 3:49 AM

How dare you r60 ! I was born trans ! I'm triggered ! This is transphobia ! I can't literally live with all this oppression !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 17, 2019 2:03 PM

R55, SO TRUE! He wrote a chapter in his book about him living in the dorms at Duke and staring at the African-American basketball players taking showers. It was gross.

by Anonymousreply 70May 17, 2019 2:43 PM

He even gave the real name of the basketball player he was staring at in his book. So fucking tacky.

by Anonymousreply 71May 17, 2019 2:45 PM

And to think they called me a f@ggot!

by Anonymousreply 72May 17, 2019 3:07 PM

Okay, OP...So...Trevor Noah is damn goodlooking. I wonder if he's a good fuck. Anybody heard anything?

by Anonymousreply 73May 17, 2019 3:10 PM

Ugh you just know he included the guy's name in the book out of some delusional hope it would get back to him and the guy would be all, "I've always loved you!" and they'd be married the next day.

by Anonymousreply 74May 17, 2019 4:13 PM

The media push for this is beyond homophobia: they're saying not only do you have to be a girl to like boys, but that you need medical intervention as well.

by Anonymousreply 75May 17, 2019 4:16 PM

These guys look like ugly transvestites who are deliberately trying to achieve that look. And that certainly makes them seem like someone with an agenda, and like mentioned earlier it makes them look they're possibly unstable.

They're obviously trying to make their look a normal look but this kind of mixing of masculine and feminine just doesn't look very appealing or sexy. They could do it like Karma Chameleon era Boy George or young Nick Rhodes of Duran Duran did it, which was stylish and maybe even sexy to a point, but no, they deliberately make themselves look garish and unappealing. Take a wild guess why no one wants to fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 76May 17, 2019 4:38 PM

What does Jacob Tobia contribute to society?

by Anonymousreply 77May 17, 2019 4:59 PM

Nothing, he's a total narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 78May 17, 2019 7:34 PM

"HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A MORE ICONIC CREW!"

That's Roxanne Gay and Hannah Gadsby... from the dinner party of your nightmares.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 17, 2019 7:53 PM

He is just grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 80May 17, 2019 7:55 PM

"In addition to giving away this sultry photo of my scrumptious chest hair, I’m giving away an EARLY COPY of my book “Sissy: A Coming-of-Gender Story” (along with some super cute lipstick and glitter from @fluidebeauty) to one lucky winner. If you win, you too can sit on the couch in your underwear playing ukelele and reading my book and crying about the power of trans liberation."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 17, 2019 7:58 PM

OMG r81. Imagine waking up from an alcoholic blackout and seeing THAT on your couch!

by Anonymousreply 82May 17, 2019 8:05 PM

Boy, Hannah Gadsby has really packed on the pounds. I'm disappointed that she's fallen for this nonsense; she seemed more sensible.

by Anonymousreply 83May 17, 2019 8:51 PM

I've seen some attention whores in my time, but this bearded lady takes the cake.

by Anonymousreply 84May 17, 2019 8:52 PM

r83 You're suprised shreiking, hysterical, hateful autistic Hannah Gadsby would fall head first into this pomo identity politics bullshit?

Are you out of your mind? her entire personallity and 'act' is built upon it.

by Anonymousreply 85May 17, 2019 9:14 PM

Two DL faves:

"Wow @tessholliday you are light and radiance and brilliance and the whole damn package — so grateful that we were able to share space and do an event together this week to celebrate #sissythebook, discuss #effyourbeautystandards, and kick off @the.wing’s LA location! Thanks for everything you do to transform our culture, end body shame, and fight for a world where all bodies can be adored/cherished/loved. Cuties unite amiright?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 17, 2019 9:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 18, 2019 1:31 AM

Zhe's a mess.

by Anonymousreply 88May 18, 2019 1:37 AM

Another anti-trans screed by the usual suspects.

"I've ever read about a more narcissistic, and self-centered, person before."

Which means you haven't written a book?

by Anonymousreply 89May 18, 2019 1:57 AM

r89 "Cuties unite amiright?"

by Anonymousreply 90May 18, 2019 2:01 AM

Why does the media keep pushing these freaks on us?

by Anonymousreply 91May 18, 2019 5:03 AM

Please,. r89.

Does the DL's loathing of Andy Cohen make it anti-gay?

by Anonymousreply 92May 18, 2019 6:06 AM

Lol r88!

by Anonymousreply 93May 18, 2019 12:58 PM

R89 is a stealth homophobe. Joining the transcult is a choice. Being gay is not. The media is complicit in gay erasure for parading this narcissistic asshole everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 94May 18, 2019 2:10 PM

I'd like to know why the media keeps pushing these freaks. They used to be known as 'cross-dressers' and weren't really paid attention to, it was considered an odd fetish but a harmless one. Now with this non-binary shit it's suddenly an identity.

by Anonymousreply 95May 18, 2019 2:28 PM

It's a means of trying to have it both ways. They're still not comfortable with homosexuality, so they try to call it something else. The lengths some men will go to in order to avoid being labeled as gay…happy now, Pat and Kathy?

by Anonymousreply 96May 18, 2019 2:37 PM

I suspect as much, r96. These guys just can't look in the mirror and accept the fact that they're flaming, lisping queens and there's nothing wrong with that. They're ashamed of themselves so they have to do all this non-binary shit to feel better about themselves. It's sad, really.

They can't just come out and be the swish Liberace queens God intended them to be.

by Anonymousreply 97May 18, 2019 2:43 PM

[quote]I'd like to know why the media keeps pushing these freaks. They used to be known as 'cross-dressers' and weren't really paid attention to, it was considered an odd fetish but a harmless one. Now with this non-binary shit it's suddenly an identity.

And what's worse, they're pushing it on children like Gordon Jump pushing himself on Arnold and Dudley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 18, 2019 2:52 PM

He might be a semi attractive man on his own, but in that getup with the wig and the stubble and the lipstick and weird clothes (I'm sure he says "It's my brand!") he makes a really fucking ugly woman.

He'd look appropriate at a sideshow act for a bearded lady, and nowhere else in the world.

by Anonymousreply 99May 18, 2019 3:05 PM

Who are Pat and Kathy?

by Anonymousreply 100May 18, 2019 3:10 PM

No one owes any one else sexual attention. It’s called consent, Jacob.

by Anonymousreply 101May 18, 2019 3:12 PM

*covers self in feces and glitter, whines no one will date xhim*

Transphobia!!!

by Anonymousreply 102May 18, 2019 3:16 PM

Oh no you go out to a bar and that hot guy you see doesn't want to fuck you? Welcome to real life, assholes!

by Anonymousreply 103May 18, 2019 3:19 PM

Turn in your gay card r100

by Anonymousreply 104May 18, 2019 3:24 PM

I have no idea what the Pat and Kathy reference is.

by Anonymousreply 105May 18, 2019 3:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 18, 2019 3:37 PM

We don't believe in labels, either, so we tore them off. Now we don't know what we're going to have for dinner anymore.

by Anonymousreply 107May 18, 2019 3:40 PM

How about getting a closer shave?

by Anonymousreply 108May 18, 2019 3:41 PM

And the sad thing is he doesn't realize that his clothes, make-up, and hair are not what turns people off: it's his personality and his pathological self-loathing need to deny his manhood in order to get a man because "real" men supposedly only like women. This mentality derides other gay men as "damaged goods" and thus inherently unworthy of love.

by Anonymousreply 109May 18, 2019 3:43 PM

Actually I think the reason why they can't get dates is that people can clearly see it is just a guy in makeup and that there's nothing new or different about that.

People aren't buying into their self-delusion and it makes them crazy. No - you're not special. You are not unique. You are not revolutionary.

Being gay or lesbian isn't good enough for these people. Too mainstream, so what else can they do to stand out?

What I hate is the normalizing of this carnival show - and there are enough impressionable, confused young people on social media that will glom on to this. And it will make their lives really fucking difficult and ostrichisize them from their family and society even more.

by Anonymousreply 110May 18, 2019 3:52 PM

[quote]People aren't buying into their self-delusion and it makes them crazy. No - you're not special. You are not unique. You are not revolutionary.

If anything, it's become a form of conformity.

by Anonymousreply 111May 18, 2019 3:53 PM

R110 I agree with everything you said except

[quote]ostritchisize

by Anonymousreply 112May 18, 2019 4:21 PM

The weird thing is that there are or were gender non conforming people who were fuckable. David Bowie, Grace Jones, Annie Lennox, Prince. In the early eighties lots of people adopted the androgynous look and they were able to pick someone up at the club on a Saturday night. They looked better like walking works of art. They weren’t tedious and didn’t babble on about their androgyny. They hung out with and fuck other people like themselves. They weren’t desperate for mainstream acceptance. If anything they prided themselves in being on the fringes. They knew the preppy and jocks didn’t want them and the feeling was mutual.

There are also hot “straight” guys who do fuck trans woman. They like the chicks with dicks. The kind that look like porn actresses. The kind that can pass until the skirt comes off.

Jacob is sporting what I call the “fuck it I’ll never be hot anyway” look. I’ve seen a few people around SF doing this. They aren’t trying to look good. They are going for some weird just out of the asylum look. A lot of them would look average if not for the unappealing sartorial choices. I think they don’t want to be average and would rather tell themselves that other people are to small minded to appreciate them.

by Anonymousreply 113May 18, 2019 4:36 PM

[quote]“fuck it I’ll never be hot anyway”

This thinking is (or was) big among the hipster crowd. The women dress like grandmas.

by Anonymousreply 114May 18, 2019 4:38 PM

Like someone said in a previous thread, he and his friends want to fuck the quarterback, but everyone knows it won't happen.

by Anonymousreply 115May 18, 2019 4:57 PM

The irony is that although they identify as "queer" and "non-binary," they exhibit all the entitlement of straight men.

by Anonymousreply 116May 18, 2019 5:02 PM

R83 Hannah Gadsby does not look like that now. Saw her earlier this month and she looks like she has lost quite a bit of weight. Also agree that she seems to be a lot more into getting on a soapbox about different subjects nowadays. Still doing her comedy, thank G*d, but wish she would focus only on that and not all the political, ect. stuff. She got involved with Jill Soloway and that is where it all seemed to go downhill.

by Anonymousreply 117May 18, 2019 5:03 PM

[quote]Jacob is sporting what I call the “fuck it I’ll never be hot anyway” look. I’ve seen a few people around SF doing this. They aren’t trying to look good. They are going for some weird just out of the asylum look. A lot of them would look average if not for the unappealing sartorial choices. I think they don’t want to be average and would rather tell themselves that other people are to small minded to appreciate them.

THANK YOU. If you want to rock a genderfuck look, at least make it look good. He's like the non-binary femme Lens Dunham.

by Anonymousreply 118May 18, 2019 5:08 PM

And don't forget Duran Duran. Those guys looked great in makeup and ladies' blouses. They surely had no trouble getting laid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 18, 2019 5:22 PM

[quote]Bitch gonna be bald soon enough.

Even zher genes are transphobic!

by Anonymousreply 120May 18, 2019 5:23 PM

He should have gotten all this out his system by age 17. So stunted.

by Anonymousreply 121May 18, 2019 6:06 PM

Is that him in r69? Does he still have a dick? Jacob, IT'S NOT TOO LATE.

by Anonymousreply 122May 18, 2019 6:22 PM

R122 pretty sure he’s got a dick. Unfortunately that thick wavy hair is receding. That’s probably why he’s so pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 123May 19, 2019 2:36 AM

Lol r120

by Anonymousreply 124May 19, 2019 3:19 AM

He's...reductive.

Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 125May 19, 2019 3:24 AM

The original VICE article about Jacob and Alok was hilarious. Perhaps it was all intended as a joke.

The author, a “non-binary” trans woman, can’t understand why she gets quite a bit of interest on Tinder from straight guys whereas Jacob and Alok get zero. What, do you mean straight guys would rather consider fucking someone who presents as a woman than a “non-binary femme”???? How could this be????

by Anonymousreply 126May 19, 2019 3:44 AM

r126 Wasn't the author of that shit Meridith though?! No straight man wants to fuck that (I know because I am one), not even the 'straight' men that are into trans'

by Anonymousreply 127May 19, 2019 3:48 AM

R127 yeah it was Meredith. I can only assume a lot of filters were used to get any messages because Meredith certainly doesn’t look “cis” as claimed in the article. She didn’t mention actually meeting and hooking up with anyone.

by Anonymousreply 128May 19, 2019 4:02 AM

Meredith looks like a dude. Ain't nobody gonna believe this is a biological chick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 19, 2019 5:36 AM

"Meredith" is the stuff of enduring nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 130May 19, 2019 5:53 AM

"I am not an animal..... I am a human being!......"

by Anonymousreply 131May 19, 2019 5:55 AM

Ahhh! Kill it with fire!

by Anonymousreply 132May 19, 2019 3:19 PM

Ape-like. A monster!

by Anonymousreply 133May 19, 2019 4:03 PM

He really is a hideous troll. Startlingly unattractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 19, 2019 4:08 PM

How did he get all these talk show appearances? They must want freaks.

by Anonymousreply 135May 19, 2019 4:12 PM

r135 He got his foot in with the awful Brooklyn woke jounalist social circle through Sam Escobar, they then set the agenda for wokeness in the US, of which the Daily Show bookers surely follow. I'd imagine Noah was quite embarrassed by having him on.

NB the said Brooklyn woke crowd are a bunch of painfully naive upper middle class people who couldn't spot when they're being swindled if you pointed it out to them. Hence they fall for creeps like Tobia and kinds of other nonsense, all the new trans shit for example. The root of a lot of the most ridiculous woke shit seems to come from these idiots being taken advantage of because they've had such privileged upbringings they have no street smarts and fall for all kinds of nonsesical shit.

by Anonymousreply 136May 19, 2019 6:50 PM

You can see the types of people in the Tati vs. James Charles threads, where they are super super defensive over Tati's manipulative emotional bullshit and believe she's "sincere" and a "super nice woman", when she's just a manipulative con (wo)man. They honestly seem to believe that.

by Anonymousreply 137May 19, 2019 7:24 PM

He literally looks like an ugly, badly dressed version of Corporal Klinger and every word out of his mouth translates to "stay away from me, I will key your car and boil your pets when we break up" so...

by Anonymousreply 138May 19, 2019 11:05 PM

His parent's church have masterminded the exact best way to deal with narcissists like Jacob, if you neutralize his 'specialness' he'll never darken their door again. Attention seekers like him thrive on the othering and the 'look at meeeee I'm so different and oppressed'. This is a genius way of dealing with him, I bet he was secretly fuming when he flounced in in his dress and heels and saw this:

"I’ve been home in North Carolina this past week and I went to church like I always do, but this time when i walked in the front door there was a bowl of rainbow ribbons there to greet me right next to the name tag station. They were placed in the very front of the church to show visitors that queer and trans people are welcome.

They were placed there in protest of a global Methodist church that recently voted to ban queer clergy members and deny queer relationships. They were placed there to remind everyone that LGBTQIA+ folks are children of god, too. That each of us were made perfectly in god’s image.

Throughout the congregation, i could make out little glimpses of rainbow pinned to sweaters and vests and blazers and shirts. That little bowl of ribbons meant the world to me, and some part of my heart, a part that was broken by the church in my queer/trans adolescence, healed just a little bit. Whoever fought to put those ribbons there, whoever took the time to craft them and glue them and pin them one by one: thank you.

You’ve helped this trans person feel closer to her creator, feel possible, feel affirmed, feel loved. Queer and trans people are divine in every sense, in every possible way. We are beautiful and powerful and loved. We are perfect creations who are meant to be here, and through our sacred truth, our courageous example, our bold sacrifice, and our radical love, we will transform and heal this broken world.

AMEN AMEN AMEN 🌈 (okay I’m done preaching now thank you for listening to my sermon)"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139May 20, 2019 7:11 AM

So everyone is included into that queer bullshit except for the trans.

Aren't they all special.

by Anonymousreply 140May 20, 2019 10:46 AM

Wait he's trans now?

by Anonymousreply 141May 20, 2019 11:35 PM

Hey, bearded ladies have rights too.

by Anonymousreply 142May 20, 2019 11:40 PM

"Queer and trans people are divine in every sense, in every possible way. We are beautiful and powerful and loved. We are perfect creations..."

Do you recall any gay activists saying shit like this back in the day? Insisting that gay people were god-like and "perfect"? Either I've got a really bad memory or they were actually fighting for practical rights (you know-- housing, jobs, marriage, boring stuff like that) rather than the "right" to be adored. Other people do not have time to worship you, Jacob and Alok; they have their own lives!

by Anonymousreply 143May 21, 2019 2:24 AM

Oh for Christ's sake, he looks like Tiny Tim with money. At least Tim knew it was all niche marketing, setting apart an act. Like Durante's nose. And ain't those some elder gay references, fellas??!!

by Anonymousreply 144May 21, 2019 2:56 AM

Sam Escobar just wrote this on her IG story:

[quote]"When you stumble upon a mean article about yourself that you somehow managed to avoid for 6 months so it's time to do makeup intead of feel things"

What I think she's referring to is the Katie Herzog article, Herzog once did and article about de-transitioners and interviewed several, after this she was set upon by he woke journalist crowd and is now an unpersonned shut out. She still writes critical stuff about the trans movement and identity politics.

Other than some usual feminst BS the article treats these 'non binaries' with kid gloves as you'd expect, given their dangerous levels of histrionics and fragility.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145May 21, 2019 3:48 AM

Right, R143. If inclusion means demanding that people pretend you're on a higher spiritual plane because of some identity, particularly a fetish like Tobia's, that's gonna get a hard pass from normies, especially Christians. No, Jake, you are not less of a sinner because you're trans. That's idolatry. These people are a disaster. He's such a narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 146May 22, 2019 4:33 AM

Attending church? I assumed all this time he was Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 147May 22, 2019 5:24 AM

[quote] discuss #effyourbeautystandards,

Previously tagged as #hoorayforourhideousness

by Anonymousreply 148May 22, 2019 5:49 AM

He reminds me of someone I used to know in my circle of friends, a guy called Luke Sissyfag, a.k.a. Luke Montgomery, most famous in the mid-1990s. He looks an awful lot like a young Luke too, and has his then-20s-ish sense of absolute moral correctness. I’m assuming Luke has matured by now.

Getting really tired of a society that tells us to submit to the rigidities and purities of 20-somethings and early 30-somethings.

by Anonymousreply 149May 22, 2019 5:53 AM

Worship me, heathens!!

by Anonymousreply 150May 22, 2019 6:42 AM

“Queer and trans people are divine in every sense, in every possible way. We are beautiful and powerful and loved. We are perfect creations who are meant to be here, and through our sacred truth, our courageous example, our bold sacrifice, and our radical love, we will transform and heal this broken world.”

What an utter tool.

by Anonymousreply 151May 22, 2019 7:18 AM

He looks like that Muppets vulture at R134.

by Anonymousreply 152May 22, 2019 7:45 AM

[quote]You’ve helped this trans person feel closer to her creator, feel possible, feel affirmed, feel loved.

Wait, he’s trans now? He used to vehemently insist he’s not trans but non-binary. He uses the her pronoun now? He used to vehemently insist you only call her they.

by Anonymousreply 153May 22, 2019 7:46 AM

The majority of non-evangelical Christians, especially Catholics, support gay marriage. Idiots like Jacoib "worship me" Tobia threaten to undo everything. Gallus Mag nailed it in her piece about Ruth Hunt from Stonewall UK.

[Quote]Hunt, 39, is a Catholic lesbian and Oxford University graduate who was promoted to head Stonewall after the org achieved its goals of legal equality for lesbians and gays. She had previously served under various titles at Stonewall for over a decade, her entire professional career, having never held another job. Stonewall (like most western gay rights orgs following the success of equality in military service, adoption, marriage) was faced with the challenging prospect of expanding their advocacy internationally to address remaining areas of criminality of homosexuality worldwide, particularly in Islamic theocracies. Like most gay rights groups little of Stonewall’s activism has ever been directed internationally and their positions have often been seen by their constituents as ill-conceived and controversial. Facing a decline in financial support caused by their obsolescence and ill-equipped to navigate the complexities of international campaigns, members of gay rights groups who (like Ruth Hunt) resisted employment in the public sector sought to maintain the economic and political infrastructure created by the gay rights movement by selling it out to the highest bidder, in this case and every other, the interests of moneyed heterosexual white males.

Read the whole thing, and the comments. There are tons of these parasites like Zack Ford at formerly gay and lesbian orgs. World War T is all about grifters like Hunt and Tobia sponging off the decades of work that ordinary gay men and lesbians did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154May 22, 2019 2:34 PM

That's why I don't give a dime to these organizations: they don't actually make gay people's lives better. All they do is take credit for the work of those who do while some of them actually make things worse.

by Anonymousreply 155May 22, 2019 3:29 PM

[quote]Wait, he’s trans now? He used to vehemently insist he’s not trans but non-binary. He uses the her pronoun now? He used to vehemently insist you only call her they.

Don't worry, R153. As a "non-binary" person, he/she/xe/they reserve the right to change his/her/xer/their minds at a moment's notice. The best part is; you'll be expected to know which pronouns to use without being told. If you fail to guess correctly, you will receive an indignant screech, following by immediate cancellation on all social media platforms. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 156May 22, 2019 4:18 PM

All this shit just takes internalized homophobia to the extreme.

by Anonymousreply 157May 22, 2019 4:19 PM

[quote]following by* immediate cancellation

Ugh. *followed by.

I hate when I get work phone calls when I'm trying to post on DL.

by Anonymousreply 158May 22, 2019 4:21 PM

Yep, Ruth Hunt is an absolutely dreadful individual, R154, and under her leadership Stonewall is basically a trans rights organisation with the occasional event / mention / pamphlet for the L, G and or B. Follow the money.

“Trans” is now a fairly meaningless term encompassing everything from the full-surgery dysphoric transsexual, to utter jokes like Tobia and Alok. Absolutely anyone can claim to be non-binary; and it’s basically the new “kinky” or “polyamorous” for bored straights too, who are now all part of the LGBT umbrella apparently. A right-leaning friend tells me he’s now dating a “non-binary polyamorous person.” Basically, he’s a straight bloke who has got a new girlfriend, and she reserves the right to fuck other people. Please apply Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada “groundbreaking” gif.

by Anonymousreply 159May 23, 2019 4:08 AM

Verified 🎵HiT mE bAbY oNe MoRe TiMe🎵 (Shot something sexy in this Britney-inspired look today but you’ll have to wait to find out what! PS is this skirt too short for dress code? BECAUSE I DONT CARE! #itsbritneybitch #toxic #tease #fuckslutshamingandqueerphobicandtransphobicschooldresscodes #fuckyourdresscode )

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 28, 2019 1:05 PM

Well put it on! Oh it’s absolutely adorable! And you are SO attractive!

by Anonymousreply 161May 28, 2019 1:09 PM

Does the Anti Trans Troll have Jabob Tobia Derangement Syndrome? I think she does.

by Anonymousreply 162May 28, 2019 1:13 PM

Sorry, Jacob Tobia

by Anonymousreply 163May 28, 2019 1:13 PM

Jacob's not trans so I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 164May 28, 2019 1:17 PM

“It is in Tobia’s often self-deprecating humor that “Sissy” is most transformative, and where it most departs from other trans memoirs. The seriousness of the topic never feels glossed over, which allows for an organic and seamless journey from tears on one page to laughing aloud on the next. If Tobia aspires to the ranks of comic memoirists like David Sedaris and Mindy Kaling, “Sissy” succeeds.” - @nytimes

If a glowing review of your book in the New York Times Book Review is every author’s dream, then getting compared to @davidsedarisbooks and @mindykaling by the NYT must be a wet one. Thank you @nytbooks for making this trans writer’s dreams come true; thank you @sarahemcbride — a brilliant trans author, master political communicator, and all around heartthrob — for your words; and thank you Samantha Allen for writing #realqueeramerica I’m honored to be reviewed alongside you. I could not be more thrilled and I am going to eat a lot of ice cream to celebrate. The review is on newsstands today!🍦

🤓🌈 #sissythebook #transfunnygirl #NYTofficial #hyperventilating

So it's not actually reviewed by the NYT, but by this 'Sarah' Mcbride....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 28, 2019 1:28 PM

....Mcbride is obviously just another fat guy in a dress. He is high up at the HRC (of course), now that it has devolved into an exclusively pro trans pressure group, he's the guy that hired that Charles Clymer creep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166May 28, 2019 1:28 PM

Yes, as soon as I saw that spooging Tobia review was written by McBride, it all clicked. Just a bunch a upper middle class white boy pals circle-jerking each other to climax.

by Anonymousreply 167May 28, 2019 2:16 PM

Does Tobia's narcissism know no limits?

by Anonymousreply 168May 28, 2019 2:36 PM

I plan to find out, r168!

by Anonymousreply 169May 28, 2019 3:38 PM

Just because he’s trans doesn’t mean he’s also not a freak

by Anonymousreply 170May 28, 2019 4:16 PM

Freak

by Anonymousreply 171June 1, 2019 6:00 PM

Ugh, makeup and facial hair don't go together, absolutely repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 172June 1, 2019 9:01 PM

IT’S OFFICIAL: I’M A BESTSELLING AUTHOR!!! “Sissy” debuted at number 10 on the Los Angeles Times bestseller list this week 💖💖💖 To every single person who bought a copy of Sissy, know that your support has made a difference. To every bookseller who put a trans-as-fuck book like Sissy at the front of your store, boldly displaying it for everyone to see, know that your affirmation is radical.

To all of my friends and loved ones who shared about Sissy and encouraged their friends to buy it too, your love means the world. Thanks so much @latimes for this wonderful recognition and thank you to my brilliant team at @putnambooks + @penguinrandomhouse + @folioliterary for helping me kick so much ass. I’m a VERY HAPPY GAY BABY TODAY.

Ps special shoutout to @dlanceblack and @anidifranco for being on the list with me and also to @sjojewelry for these FIERCE AS FUCK clip ons 😘😘😘 #sissythebook

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173June 3, 2019 2:34 AM

It's like putting cheese on ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 174June 3, 2019 2:35 AM

I'd posted before about knowing him beore all this craziness came forth. Jacob was very intelligent, nice and attractive as a young man. He was popular as a teen. He seems mentally ill and attention-seeking now. I can't believe he makes himself look so dreadful, like he craves the reactions of others. He could get plenty of men if he'd tone down the ridiculous schtick and look like a normal guy. We don't get to all wear whatever we want and cake ourselves in makeup whenever we feel like it. Save it for Halloween and costume parties, or sci fi conventions. Eg, if I enjoyed wearing Pikachu or Santa Claus costumes, I wouldn't do that while at work. Such a shame he can't be a serious activist who will be taken seriously for anything.

by Anonymousreply 175June 3, 2019 3:28 AM

"I’m a VERY HAPPY GAY BABY TODAY."

So xe's not trans anymore? What's with the flip-flopping?

by Anonymousreply 176June 3, 2019 3:42 AM

[quote]Such a shame he can't be a serious activist who will be taken seriously for anything.

But he is being taken seriously though, that's the worst part. He and Alok et. al. are being taken seriously by Brooklyn sjw type hetero "queers" who've boosted them as some kind of visionary activists. He owes his entire media presence to Sam Escobar, who as a naive upper middle class, (hetero) "queer" 'enby' thinks he's the brave new edge of the civil rights and has championed him with her job and connections. I bet he treats her like shit as well.

by Anonymousreply 177June 3, 2019 3:58 AM

They are a dog...

by Anonymousreply 178June 3, 2019 4:03 AM

Ooh la la! Non binary' attention whores in France are starting to get noticed by the media over there. In today's edition of Le Monde we are introduced to the stunning Brieuc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179June 9, 2019 8:43 AM

It is invariably a failed specimen of his/her sex. These people are so conformist in their "non conformist rebellion", it's ridiculous. They are all wearing and espousing the same "rebellion", labels, and uniforms. Blue hair as a sign if rebellion is also so conventional, it's absurd.

by Anonymousreply 180June 9, 2019 9:38 AM

R179 MDR, wonder how they feel about the lack of true neuter pronouns in French. Is it oppressive to be treated as grammatically masculine if it's the default anyway in most situations?

by Anonymousreply 181June 9, 2019 5:20 PM

la langue française = la violence littérale!

by Anonymousreply 182September 18, 2019 2:35 PM

R159 - I got talking to someone who just got a job at Stonewall and they told me all 'cis' (sic) staff have compulsory gender identity training.

Oddly they didn't mention any compulsory LGB training for the trans.

by Anonymousreply 183September 18, 2019 4:40 PM

[quote] He and Alok et. al. are being taken seriously by Brooklyn sjw type hetero "queers" who've boosted them as some kind of visionary activists.

If that's so, that's just not going to last much longer. One of the dumb things they both did that I think they will regret is that they positioned for too long as the voice of college campuses. But according to wikipedia, they are both 28, and they're no longer going to be viable for very much longer as spokespeople for queers on campus. SJWs will not want someone 30 or older speaking for their generation.

I think Meredith Talusan, while just as self-aggrandizing and narcissistic, has actually been much smarter in this regard. When she writes now it's from the POV of an adult, not as still a student. She also seems to have finally moved away (as the other two have not) from just talking about herself and her friends--people get really sick of that after a while.

by Anonymousreply 184September 18, 2019 6:04 PM

Neither of them have any real personal style.

To spend so much energy on your appearance and yet be so bad at it becomes painfully obvious when you no longer have your youth as a defence. Too shrill, too charmless and too lacking in any discernible talent to dress like pantomime dames as adults.

Too much attention garnered to stop doing it. It’s their brand now.

by Anonymousreply 185September 19, 2019 12:32 PM

He's hideous.

by Anonymousreply 186September 19, 2019 12:57 PM

One thing I've noticed about these non-binary guys is that they love dressing like Staten Island secretaries from the 80s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187September 19, 2019 1:39 PM

If you didn't already have reasons to cancel your Netflix account

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188October 21, 2019 8:45 PM

Terrifying R188

by Anonymousreply 189October 21, 2019 8:47 PM

Jacob Tobia and Alok Vaid-Menon are femme nonbinary icons.

This look was fun in the 1990s Boy Bar Beauties era. It's so tired now. Just a couple of POC arab and Indian copying it to create a Pr shtick doesn't make it new and interesting.

by Anonymousreply 190October 22, 2019 12:53 AM

Jacob Tobia and Alok Vaid-Menon are femme nonbinary icons.

This look was fun in the 1990s Boy Bar Beauties era. It's so tired now. Just a couple of POC arab and Indian copying it to create a Pr shtick doesn't make it new and interesting.

by Anonymousreply 191October 22, 2019 12:53 AM

The freak has a new gig. But he won't be seen.

𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛 𝐓𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐚 𝐉𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐬 ‘𝐒𝐡𝐞-𝐑𝐚 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫’ 𝐀𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐧-𝐁𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫

In a move to authentic representation and inclusion, gender non-conforming writer and producer Jacob Tobia is joining the voice cast of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power in the role of the non-binary character Double Trouble for season four of the Netflix animated series which will debut on November 5.

Double Trouble shape-shifting mercenary from the Crimson Waste, who joins forces with Catra and the Horde. They are able to magically transform themselves into any person they see and has a soul of a thespian, spending hours in “character study” trying to perfectly mimic their target. They are always looking for feedback on their “performance” – but don’t ever give them a negative critique.

“Fantasy has always been so vital to me because as a non-binary person, it’s a way of escaping the confines of the world we live in,” said Tobia of their new role in She-Ra. “It’s the way of building other realities and imagining the world as it could be, not as it is.”

They add, “Having non-binary representation in animated shows for young folks is just so vital because young people today are already understanding that gender is diverse and a broad spectrum from a super early age. It’s about time that the shows that we’re making for young people reflect the world as they understand it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192October 22, 2019 3:55 AM

Getting a tv show on Showtime based on their book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193November 23, 2019 5:11 AM

Why do "non-binary" people have such bad fashion sense? I don't understand it.

by Anonymousreply 194November 23, 2019 5:16 AM

His personal entitlement is not a social movement.

by Anonymousreply 195November 23, 2019 5:21 AM

He actually looks semi normal here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196May 13, 2020 2:02 AM

He’s just a man dressing like a lady. Not that interesting and has been done a million times.

by Anonymousreply 197May 13, 2020 4:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!